Sunnova is a different kind of power company, which is reflected in its business strategy.

The company partners with the best and brightest solar experts in the areas it serves to provide customers nationwide with low-cost, worry-free solar power while supporting the local economy.

So, when you choose Sunnova, you’re not only choosing to lower your energy costs for 25 years -- you’re also making a decision that’s good for your community and the environment. And that’s a choice everybody can live with.

The Good

• Flexible Payment Options
  • Helpful Moving Options
  • Wide State Availability

Flexible Payment Options

Sunnova offers a number of payment options for customers to choose from.

The company's EZ Own option gives homeowners the opportunity to purchase a system without any upfront costs and pay a fixed amount each month for a 25-year term, which is substantially less than most power bills. At the end of the term, the customer will own the solar power system.

Sunnova's EZ Pay PPA is another diverse financing option that only requires customers to pay for the energy produced by the system at a flat monthly price. There is also a standard lease option available, during which the customer will essentially be renting the panels from Sunnova.

Helpful Moving Options

If a customer decides to move while under contract, Sunnova offers a number of options: the customer can transfer the service agreement over to the new owner, pre-pay the remainder of the contract and transfer it to the new owner, or move the system to a new address. This is especially beneficial for homeowners who are less permanent.

Wide State Availability

Sunnova is currently available in the following 19 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Texas.

The company's services are also available in Guam, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Saipan, which means many consumers have the option to go solar with Sunnova.

The Bad

• Long Contract Terms
  • No Buyout Option for Leases

Long Contract Terms

Sunnova requires a 25-year service agreement, which is higher than the average 20-year agreement employed by most other solar companies.

Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a production guarantee for PPAs, which can be detrimental if the system isn't producing as much as it should be during the length of the contract.

No Buyout Option For Leases

Sunnova's lease options do not include a buyout option for customers, which creates a disadvantage for those who may need to move while under contract.

The Bottom Line

Sunnova is available in several states and offers a variety of financing options and moving options.

However, the company's contract terms are longer than industry average. Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a buyout option for leases.

View Best Solar Companies

3.4

Richard Chimenti
May 9th, 2019 Yaphank, NY

From beginning to date, we have had a great experience. From the sales to the installation everything has been top notch. I have recommended Sunova to many of my friends.

May 09, 2019

Thank you for reaching out Richard Chimenti, we value your positive feedback. Our goal is to provide world class customer service, and your feedback is priceless in our pursuit of customer satisfaction. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^OA

Christian Carlo
May 2nd, 2019 Kissimmee, FL DETAILS

Horrible! My solar system was installed in January and it took 4 months to start working. Installation on the wall looks horrible stickers everywhere and pipes everywhere. My neighbor installed a solar system with another company and his installation looks so much better than mine. I will never tell friends or family about you guys . You guys been so irresponsible I regret doing this with you guys.

May 02, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Christian, we are sorry to hear your installation experience does not reflect what we strive for. We 'll escalate your note to the appropriate department. ^KM

Michael Garrity
May 2nd, 2019 Cumberland, RI

Everyone from Sunnova and Trinity was very friendly. They explained everything from the time we met to the time they finished. They were very professional and there work was neat and clean. I would recommend them to anyone who is considering Solar. Thank you.

May 02, 2019

Hello Michael, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova Family! We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback. ^KM

Avalon R
April 29th, 2019 Port Saint Lucie, FL

Spectacular job. Customer service was first rate-thanks to Mrs. Catherine-super professionalism. I started out for information only and ended up a proud home solar owner. Win win all the way with this investment - take it from a Veteran!

Apr 29, 2019

Hello Avalon R., we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We work hard to make sure you understand every part of the process. Thank you for helping us convert more homes into energy saving powerhouses! ^MO

Scott L
April 29th, 2019 Cassville, NJ DETAILS

I Purchased a home that had a Sunova system installed before we bought and I assumed the lease . It has been three years since we purchased a home and we now need a new roof and when I contacted Synovus I was told the cost of removing the panels and putting them back up is over $4000 ! That is going to make my roof replacement a $12-$15,000 proposition not counting gutters , which have been damaged by snow sliding off the solar panels. I almost wish I hadn’t purchased this home

Apr 29, 2019

Hello Scott L., thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. We do appreciate your business. Would you please provide a contact number where we can reach you via private message? You can also send your information to [email protected] and one of our Resolution Specialists will contact you shortly. We can only improve by knowing what our areas of opportunity are for improvement. ^MO

Jim
April 25th, 2019 Cherry Hill, NJ DETAILS

Our initial contractor who is no longer associated with Sunnova greatly overestimated our production. Our lease agreement with Sunnova has a guarantee that production will reach at lease 80% of the projected Kwh per year. Sunnova realized that we were not producing as much electricity as was originally estimated. They had two microinverter replaced and lowered our lease payments. Now we are producing enough electricity to cover the lease payments as well as reducing our electric bill significantly.

Apr 25, 2019

Thank you for reaching out Jim and sharing this positive feedback. It is great to have you as part of our Sunnova Family! ^KM

Caren Foisie & Ron Wieners
April 22nd, 2019 Agawam, MA

While we've just begun our relationship with Sunnova, the presentation by Jeff G was outstanding; he was able to answer all of our questions before we had asked them, and made us completely comfortable with the process. The staff in the Trinity Solar offices were also very helpful in communicating where we were in the process.

Apr 22, 2019

Thank you for reaching out Caren, we appreciate your positive review. Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^MO

Nora Weed
April 19th, 2019 Sandy, TX

This has been a lengthy process and I appreciate how Sunnova has kept me informed of the process and what to expect next.

Apr 22, 2019

Thank you for the note, Nora. We are thrilled that your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback! ^MO

Rosemary L Farber
April 18th, 2019 Macungie, PA

So far, I have had my solar panels installed and solar service started. And all has gone well. I have been informed of everything that was happening and what was expected to happen.

Apr 18, 2019

Thank you for reaching out Rosemary, we appreciate your positive review. Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^KM

Richard Reyes
April 18th, 2019 Meriden, CT

Everyone at Trinity and Sunnova were very professional starting with Jason and the whole crew!! Hopefully I will save money and help the company create energy!

Apr 18, 2019

Hello Richard, we value your positive feedback. Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^KM

R J Frost
April 18th, 2019 San Juan Capistrano, CA DETAILS

Update, still not operational due to lack of timely response. 2months! Man reviewing went on 1 month maternity leave, then his bid went on vacation. Ignored requests for timely change, went ahead eith all inspections, permits..... now they want to treat my very old request like a whole new system instead of just modifying original. Not too happy. One of their representatives did respond quickly to my original post, however the bottom line seems to be unchanged. They will propose change, will see cost add on. Initial change would have been $200 for next size inverter. Looking at previous responses here I also looked at overall production needef, they are low by about 2-3 300watt panels as well as 11.4kw vs 10kw inverters. My experience with Sunova is ongoing at this point. I notified them on installation that the inverter is not optimum for best production. I have a MSEE and now retired. Almost a month later one of their reply was "you have a used inverter, sorry". Still working on settling it. I guess they Don't need good referrals and more business.

Feb 19, 2019

Hello Mr. Frost, I apologize that the equipment was not new, as we would expect. I will have an Issue Resolution Specialist reach out to this Partner and yourself to arrange a resolution. We most definitely want the good referrals and appreciate you reaching out so that we can address your concerns. ^JG

Mildred Ferraro
April 10th, 2019 Catskill, NY DETAILS

From the very beginning, our initial meeting with Roger W was very informative as well as “no pressure”. Installation day was a VERY cold winter day in upstate NY but the 3 young men who installed our system did an excellent job! We were well informed during the entire process and all of our contacts were very professional. I love going to the app each day as the sun does its job to make our system work! The billing department is very easy to work with.

Apr 10, 2019

Thank you Mildred! We aim to provide the best customer experience and are constantly working to cut down our installation process time. We are thrilled that you're now a member of our Sunnova family! ^MO

Trudy
April 10th, 2019 Cheshire, CT DETAILS

The representative was awesome. Got me everything I needed on the spot. Definitely an awesome team player

Apr 10, 2019

Thank you for your feedback, Trudy. Our goal is to provide an experience that meets your expectations. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

HILL TERRA
April 9th, 2019 Queen Creek, AZ

This has been one of the easiest transactions we have ever completed. The communication throughout has been tremendous. The work was excellent.

Apr 09, 2019

Hello Hill, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear that your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback. ^JG

Allan Morgan
April 9th, 2019 Vincentown, NJ DETAILS

DO NOT GO SOLAR , DO NOT GO SOLAR !!! UNLESS YOU LIKE PAYING TWO ELECTRIC COMPANIES !! YOUR ELECTRIC COST WILL DOUBLE FOR GOING GREEN AND THAT IS NOT HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE... IT IS A LOSING PROPOSITION AND HOME OWNER WILL LOOSE BIG TIME!!!

Apr 09, 2019

Thank you for reaching out, Allan. We are very sorry that this was your experience with Sunnova. This is not the typical Sunnova experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive when explaining the product to our potential customers. We have reviewed your account and found an open case to address your concerns. We will notify your case owner of your feedback and request that they contact you within 24 hours to discuss your concerns. ^JG

Jason Nunes
April 8th, 2019 Pomfret Center, CT

Overall good experience and result. Was on-time and without any issues

Apr 08, 2019

Thank you Jason! We aim to provide the best customer experience and are constantly working to cut down our installation process time. We are thrilled that you're now a member of our Sunnova family!^MO

William Smith
April 8th, 2019 Madera, CA

Your website could use improvement truly could use some improvement. Doesn't work well links do not work.

Apr 08, 2019

Hi William, we value our customers and would like to address your concerns. Please send us an email with your system id and contact information to [email protected] We will be glad to assist you. ^MO

Kaye
April 8th, 2019 Wheatland, CA

The young gentleman I worked with were great!

Apr 08, 2019

Hello Kaye, we appreciate your positive review. Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^MO

Kang Lee
April 3rd, 2019 Yucaipa, CA

Receiving 'not approved' letter from the Home Association Office was not pleasure experience. I phoned one of your agent to add one more panel, totally 10, instead of 9 wasn't reflected some how.

Apr 03, 2019

Thank you for reaching out Kang Lee, a resolutions agent will be contacting you shortly to assist you. Regards, ^KM

Steve
April 3rd, 2019 Centerville, MA

So far, so good. Everything has happened according to the plan. Only activated yesterday, so let’s see what the future has in store.

Apr 04, 2019

Thank you for reaching out Steve, we appreciate your positive feedback. Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^KM

Lisa
March 29th, 2019 Morrisville, PA

Very friendly and outgoing. Always available for questions or concerns any day of the week. Fast and reliable installation, cleaned area very well after installation. Very happy customers!

Mar 29, 2019

Thank you for the note, Lisa. We are thrilled that your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate the positive feedback! ^MO

Karen Vitarelle
March 27th, 2019 Tuckerton, NJ

It’s been the WORST experience in my life!!! While working on my roof in December, of 2017, they dislodged the exhaust pipe from the boiler in my home! Not only could it have killed myself and pets from carbon monoxide poisoning, I had soot damage throughout my entire home, and killed most of my plants in my home! Thank God I had a lot of plants to absorb the toxins... ruined my driveway, and damaged my back deck. Over a year later.... now they deny responsibility!!! Claiming it was preexisting conditions???!!! Yes! As a woman, I climbed up on my roof and pulled my exhaust pipe up enough to dislodge it from the boiler inside my home, to expose myself and pets to carbon monoxide poisoning!!! Much less,to ruin my home!! After a YEAR, these panels still sit on my house! Never activated! Their favors to me is to remove the panels at no cost to me ( an sure sign of guilt) but that prize doesn’t come without a contract that obsolves them of any damages, AND a kind guarantee that my roof won’t leak for a year!!! It’s AMASING to me that this company hasn’t been put out of business!!!! If I can’t do that, I will certainly do my best to make sure that anyone doing their homework on solar companies (unfortunately I did not) will know to stay away from SUNNOVA SOLAR!

Mar 27, 2019

Thank you for reaching out Karen, we are here to assist you, an Issue Resolutions agent will be contacting you to address your concerns/questions. ^KM

Ernest Laliberte'
March 26th, 2019 South Windham, CT

It seem to take a long time to get installation because of a tree that had to be removed before they would consider doing the job.

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Ernest, we value your feedback and positive review. Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^KM

Frank & Claire
March 26th, 2019 Lihue, HI DETAILS

We explained our situation before, and Sunnova replied saying that they will have someone contact us. We did get a phone call, but we did not resolve our problem. Our roof is still leaking, no one came to assess and fix our roof and no one has even called after the ONE time they called to see what was going on. We are going to be contacting someone to legally help us already. We've been dealing with this problem since November of 2017

JC
March 26th, 2019 Hammonton, NJ DETAILS

kept us well-informed throughout the process

Tammie
March 19th, 2019 Middletown, CT DETAILS

We got our Solar panels almost 3 years ago and my February electric bill was over 400 dollars and my solar bill was 59 dollars during the summer, its reversed. its being on going like this the whole time, no savings. also, is anyone else getting their bills emailed to them 3 days before its due?????!!??? i have no idea what i owe until i receive an email on the 19th, and bill is due on the 22nd We ave called Sunnova many times, they tell us, sorry thats the way Trinity set you up. WHAT WOULD WE SET UP PAYMENT THIS WAY?????? called the guy who sold us the solar, and hes avoiding us, not returning our calls-i will bad mouth Trinity/Sunnova to everyone, all day, i will tell everyone i know NEVER GET SOLAR

Mar 19, 2019

Hello Tammie, I apologize that this was your experience with Sunnova. Thank you for your feedback. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations. We are sorry to hear that this was not the case. Please feel free to send us a private message with your contact information, we would have our specialist reach out to you shortly. Please email us at [email protected]^MO

Adel
March 19th, 2019 Yucaipa, CA

Great experience and everything went very well

Mar 19, 2019

Thank you for the note, Adel. We value your positive feedback. Welcome to the Sunnova family! ^MO

Joan St John
March 14th, 2019 El Cajon, CA DETAILS

Signed the contract in August of 2017. Panels installed in December 2017. Eighty-four panels in 2 arrays. Service turned on in August 2018. System is working at 1/2 capacity. Inspector sent out in November 2018. Said whole array of 42 panels not working. Have spoken many times to Sunnova. Last conversation was 3-way phone call in January including Momentum Solar who installed the system. Momentum informed Sunnova that they refuse to work on my system. Sunnova said they would get back to me. This is the end of February and have not heard from the company. Extremely poor customer service. DO OT USE THIS COMPANY.

Mar 14, 2019

Hello Joan, We are very sorry for the delay in response to your case. We do appreciate your patience and one of our agents will contact you to help get this issue resolved. ^JG

Sam
March 13th, 2019 Amesbury, MA DETAILS

If you are financing solar and are expecting to get the 9000 Ma. Tax credit be aware that they expect you to apply that right back to the principal of the loan or they will jack your rate up and nearly double your monthly payments. This practice seems predatory as the credit is listed as one of the perks for having financed your system as opposed to leasing, and is not explained really at all during time of purchase, I am not alone in being tricked either as it was another solar customer who made me aware of this practice. The company expects payment of the entire 9000 dollar credit within 18 months of installation, this is especially a problem for me as I did not clear the entire tax credit this year and only received 3000 with the balance carried over for the next two years. Here's where things really get fun though, my panels were installed last March and not activated until April, my monthly bill is currently $121, and my panels generated more electricity than my house consumed so from April until October I had no electrical bill which was a saving as my electric bill was typically around $213, however due to winter conditions from October until present day I did not generate more than I used, so I received an electric bill, when added to my solar bill it proved to be more than what I was paying before solar, January my electric bill was $160 plus solar $121 for a total cost of $281, now if I fail to pay the $9000 credit my solar bill will nearly double to $213 per month, meaning during winter months my combined solar and electric bill will be $373 dollars!! Needless to say I'm looking into how I can have the panels removed and break my contract. This practice is not exclusive to Sunnova as others using different companies have reported the same. So in conclusion solar energy may save trees but it won't save you money, just want to provide a warning before anyone else makes the same costly mistake I made!

Mar 13, 2019

Thank you for your feedback, Sam. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. This is not the typical Sunnova experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive when explaining the product to our potential customers. We do appreciate your patience and one of our specialists will contact you soon to help get this issue resolved. ^JG

Goodner Grouser
March 11th, 2019 Wrightstown, NJ DETAILS

Worst decision of my life when I called Momentum Solar who is a partner with Sunnova. They came to my house and claimed I would see a monthly utility bill of 135.00 per month on average. That the system installed would handle my electrical usage. They also stated that if I didn't like the results I could request they remove it and I could cancel. My grandson and I asked repeatedly if this were the case and they sales person confirmed. It was a disaster from the beginning the install was a mess they tore up my yard. I was concerned with the number of panels and what would be produced. Well I was right the system was under sized and I now pay Sunnova 135.00 per month and my utility company 115.00 on average in winter, the 115 was my bill before the system was installed, what happened next was summer came and my house hold usage was triple plus the fee to Sunnova. I had raised the concern that when the system was size off of my old utility bill my AC units were not fully functioning only half of the units were working ergo when they built the system it was under sized. Now I have higher cost with no benefit from Solar Power at all just a cost to me due to this poor service from Sunnova partner Momentum. I have written the BBB about Momentum no resolution, I will be writing the PUC with a complaint on both companies poor customer service and bulking people out of money with false claims .

Mar 12, 2019

Hello Goodner, thank you for reaching out. I am sorry that you are not seeing savings. I will be more than happy to have an agent reach out to you and address your concerns. ^MO

Aquarius1963
February 26th, 2019 Methuen, MA DETAILS

I would give them no stars but not an option. I have had trouble with my solar system about year after it was installed. I am paying for the equipment and it is not producing as promised. I pay them $77 + Electric Company 350 + per month I need a good lawyer, customer service is less than desirable to deal with as well no follow up; was under husband's name and they wouldn't talk to me until after he lost his job and they me to pay...

Oct 17, 2018

Thank you for reaching out Aquarius1963, We would like to review your account and address your questions. Could you please send us a private message or email to [email protected] with your system id and contact information where we can reach you?

Jeanette P
February 19th, 2019 Selden, NY DETAILS

I wish we would have never went with Sunova. Have only been with them for less then a year and between the electric bill and sunova bill we are paying double in electricity then previous year. They so call have sent or will send someone over to check solar but still no improvement. Only maybe the first 2 months our bill looked like they promised it will after that its ridiculous. I will get in contact with a lawyer to get this panels off my house. I will never refer Sunnova/Trinty solar to anyone.

Feb 19, 2019

Hello Jeanette, thank you for reaching out. I am sorry that you are not seeing savings. I will have an Issue Resolution Specialist reach out to you to discuss a path to resolution. ^JG

Teresa
February 14th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV

I appreciated the fact that I was made aware of every step through out the process from beginning to completion. Thank you and I look forward to clean energy and lower energy bills.

Feb 14, 2019

Hello Teresa, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We work hard to make sure you understand every part of the process. Thank you for helping us convert more homes into into energy saving power houses! ^JG

Robert James Winfield
February 6th, 2019 Cape Coral, FL

Very nice PV system, easy install, 315w panels, enphase inverters, producing an excess of electricity, enough to use to heat my pool perhaps.

Feb 07, 2019

Dear Robert, thank you so much for such great review! We aim to provide the best customer experience and we are constantly working to make our installation process as hassle-free as possible. Together we are converting more homes into energy saving powerhouses. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!^MO

Dawn Ferrara
February 1st, 2019 Oaklyn, NJ

The staff was knowledgeable and patient and very friendly

Feb 01, 2019

Thank you, Dawn Ferrara! We aim to provide the best customer experience, and we are constantly working to make our installation process as hassle-free as possible. Welcome to the Sunnova family!^MO

Art Correa
January 30th, 2019

Nice and polite, but so far I am not getting consistency on power and there is not enough power as I was told. I have to many words to say about what I was told I would have VS. what I have today. No good words to say for now unless ION or SUNNOVA can get me what I was told before they start to bill me. Power is low , not as How I was told. So Far bad product and service unless they make a change.

Jan 30, 2019

Hello Art, we value your feedback and are here to assist you. Could you please provide us with your system id and/or contact information ? we will be glad to contact you and address your concerns. ^KM

Cher
January 30th, 2019 Dixon, CA DETAILS

We had decided not to get solar, when this salesman, Paul L. came to our house. We told him, "no," but he came back again, so we gave him an appointment. He was very nice and honest, he sold us and we took happy pictures and he left. He never checked on us when everything went wrong from the contract to the installation to the running of the system. The customer service of this company is not good. The people are nice enough on the phone, the problems must be in house because things do not get resolved or corrected. I have had my system for 4 or 5 years now and things still are not right.

Jan 30, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Cher, we are here to assist you. Could you please provide us with your system id and/or contact information ? we will be glad to contact you and address your concerns. ^KM

MAD AS CUSTOMER
January 30th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

AFTER GETTING SUNNOVA DID'NT SAVE A DIME STILL HAD ELECTRIC BILLS TO THE ROOF PLUS HAD TO PAY SUNNOVA NO SAVINGS GETTING SOLAR HAS COST ME MORE

Jan 30, 2019

Thank you for reaching out, we are here to assist you. Please send us an internal message with your system id and/or contact information and we will be glad to address your concerns. ^KM

Linda S McIntosh
January 25th, 2019 Exeter, CA

I have had no training on the system or how it works, I have no account number with which to set up an online account.

Jan 25, 2019

Hello Linda S McIntosh, I apologize that this has been your experience with Sunnova. I will be more than happy to have an agent reach out to you and address your concerns. ^JG

Christoher
December 31st, 2018 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS

If I had to do it over agin, I would not have used Sunnova or any subsiderary partner like Zing who markets their services on their behalf. While having solar panels has saved me 30-50% off my electric bills, the contracts and agents basically misrepresented the contract. While the company claims they do not put a lien on your home for the panels, essentially that is why they do. I am have been trying to sell my home for 90 days, having over 30 showings, and 5 offers all of which were retracted upon review of the solar contract. Multiple title companies from both my realtor and potential buyers have all said while the contract is not a “lien” it is enforced like one making it extremely difficult to transfer services and complete a sale on the home. The solar company gives you a few options when it comes time to sell your home, all of which are extremely difficult and can cause you to break the terms of your contract both with them or the buyers. Unless you plan on living in the same home for 25 years or buy a system full price, it simply is not worth it. The company gets the tax incentives and the panels won’t increase value you in your home when it comes time to sell. Better yet they start charging you before you even have the system installed during the 6 month process to get permits, plans, and installation. The sales people are misleading and work on a quota system receiving bonuses for locking in so many contracts. There is no real honesty or integrity from the salesman/woman. I am currently working with a lawyer to have the system removed so I can sell my home

Dec 31, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and allow us an opportunity for improvement. We do apologize for your experience as this is not the normal Sunnova experience. Our goal is customer satisfaction and we strive to make each experience with our customers a memorable one by delivering the best possible service. After review of your account, we did find that a case has been opened to contact you and address your concerns. We will forward your feed back to your case owner for follow up. ^JG

YETUNDE OLOWE
December 21st, 2018 Union, NJ DETAILS

I have had it for 3years , there is no difference in my bill by the time you add Sunnova bill to my PSEG bill. I regret signing up with Sunnova . I was told that my panels and inverter are old / obsolete by another solar panel technician that is why my panel production is low . I asked Trinity to upgrade my panel and inverter .I was told to talk to Sunnova; they keep tossing me around like ping pong back and forth . I went through alot to get panels down for roof repair that i am paying for. Still going through the same to put the obsolete panel back right now.Please do your research very well before signing up

Dec 21, 2018

Hi Yetunde, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. This is not the typical Sunnova experience, our drive is to make solar hassle free by being attentive when explaining the product to our potential customers. We appreciate your patience and one of our specialists will contact you soon to help get this issue resolved. ^JG

Mark
December 19th, 2018 East Haven, CT

We are very happy with the speed of installation

Dec 19, 2018

Hi Mark. Thank you so much for the great review! We aim to provide the best customer experience and we are constantly working to make our installation process as hassle-free as possible. Welcome to the Sunnova family Mark!

cindy
December 19th, 2018 Highland, CA DETAILS

I was not sent a billing reminder 3 days in advance of my first bill and was waiting for this to pay my bill in full so I paid $49 more than my payoff amount and should have been reimbursed. I have tried to get to get reimbursed with no response.

Dec 19, 2018

Hello Cindy, we are so sorry to hear this. I can definitely get you in touch with someone right away to discuss this issue. Would you please provide your System ID and/or contact information and a specialist will reach out to you shortly. ^JG

Wilma Martins
December 3rd, 2018 Westville, NJ DETAILS

We've had Sunnova solar panels for one year. We were promised lower electric bills or that the electric company may even pay us. To our unpleasant surprise we found that our electric bills were higher than the previous year. When we contacted Sunnova or PSE&G (the electric company) we were told that our usage had increased. I looked through the last two years of bills and it is clear that our usage was lower this year. Another customer service agent said we should have expected higher bills. Who would we sign up for higher bills? After we complained the marketing agent offered to install more panels on our roof (at a higher monthly cost to us) but said they'd only do it if the new panels were on the shady side of the house. What's the point in that? They might as well bury them in the yard. We are disgusted with our Sunnova solar panels.

Dec 04, 2018

Thank you for reaching out, Wilma. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. We are definitely concerned about your experience and would welcome the opportunity to address this with you directly. We value your feedback and will use it to improve. Please send us your system Id or a phone number associated with your account so that we can review your account and contact you. Thank you again!^MO

Matt Lacky
November 30th, 2018 Paradise, CA DETAILS

ATTENTION: Before doing any business with Sunnova Solar, you may want to read my story. On Nov 8th, 2018 my family’s home burned down in the Camp Fire in Paradise, CA. We were informed of our loss two days after the fire and had called Sunnova to cancel/suspend the account on Nov 12th. They agreed and said they would suspend the account. Well, three weeks went by and then we got charged for an additional month of service ($311 for Dec), as well as the 3 weeks we paid in Nov for no power (Nov 8-end of November). When we contacted Sunnova about it, they refused to credit us and said we never signed a docu sign which they then sent us that day, three weeks after the first phone call to cancel the service. Now we are not only victims to the fire, where we lost our home and everything else we owned, but we were charged over $500 for power that we never received or had, as the power is completely out in our community and we have no home to go back to. Also, on top of that, Sunnova stated on their docu sign that if we didn’t have our home rebuilt within 12 months, they have the right to charge us monthly payments even if we don’t have a home or power hooked up by then. This company is straight up robbing my family and I and I want to bring this to everyone’s attention before you decide to do business with them and fall victim to them as well. DO NOT go into contract with this company. They are crooks! They do not care about their customers and have shown to me and my family what they truly believe in, coming up off victims, before helping victims out... It’s truly a heart breaking situation to be in when you already lost everything and am evil Corp is still trying to take what they can from you. Thanks for reading, Matt L.

Nov 30, 2018

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I noticed our Issue Resolutions Supervisor has already spoken with you and addressed your concerns. We are glad this concern has been resolved. We value your feedback and will use it to keep improving. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate and contact us back. ^KM

Lisa
November 27th, 2018 Forked River, NJ DETAILS

This company is absolutely horrible. The panels have not produced what they were supposed to. I have call numerous times with the same nonsense answers. Stay away from this company!!

Nov 28, 2018

Hello Lisa, thank you for reaching out. We are very sorry for the production issues with the system. We'll escalate your note to the appropriate department. One of our agents will contact you today to help get this issue resolved. ^JG

Regina Kaulukukui
November 27th, 2018 Kapaa, HI DETAILS

Our system broke eight months ago and we are still expected to pay and they are unwilling to fix or remove the system. Sunnova is a foreign for profit company. Their customer service reps read from a script and they will not provide any assistance. There is no access to upper management. WARNING... DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE USE THIS COMPANY.

Nov 28, 2018

Hello Regina, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with the delays in getting your system repaired and we appreciate your patience. One of our agents will contact you today to help get this issue resolved. ^JG

Richard Baer
November 16th, 2018 Scituate, MA

System recently installed. Entire experience very satisfying. Representative Brian M exceptionally helpful and informative throughout process, often following up to ensure satisfaction.Hopefully will see significant reduction in energy bill in near future, but so far am extremely pleased with Sunnova due in large part to Brian.

Nov 16, 2018

Thank you, Richard! We aim to provide the best customer experience, and we are constantly working to make our installation process as hassle free as possible. Welcome to the Sunnova family!

Kay Park
November 14th, 2018 Fullerton, CA DETAILS

Their website sucks - I haven't been able to get in to see the history of what I paid. The customer service sucks - they don't call you back. Our SoCal Edison bills are lower though, but since i can't see the history of what we paid to Sunnova, I don't know if we are saving money or not!

Nov 14, 2018

Hello Kay, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and and a phone number where we can reach you? Someone will reach out in less than 24 hours. ^JG

Armand Savoie
November 13th, 2018 Gardner, MA

Very professional on every level. Installation was done on schedule and according to code followed by inspection and approvals to turn the system on. Now it’s up to the weather and management of power to see the benefits.

Nov 13, 2018

Hello Armand! we value your positive feedback. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!