Sunnova is a different kind of power company, which is reflected in its business strategy.

The company partners with the best and brightest solar experts in the areas it serves to provide customers nationwide with low-cost, worry-free solar power while supporting the local economy.

So, when you choose Sunnova, you’re not only choosing to lower your energy costs for 25 years -- you’re also making a decision that’s good for your community and the environment. And that’s a choice everybody can live with.

The Good

• Flexible Payment Options
  • Helpful Moving Options
  • Wide State Availability

Flexible Payment Options

Sunnova offers a number of payment options for customers to choose from.

The company's EZ Own option gives homeowners the opportunity to purchase a system without any upfront costs and pay a fixed amount each month for a 25-year term, which is substantially less than most power bills. At the end of the term, the customer will own the solar power system.

Sunnova's EZ Pay PPA is another diverse financing option that only requires customers to pay for the energy produced by the system at a flat monthly price. There is also a standard lease option available, during which the customer will essentially be renting the panels from Sunnova.

Helpful Moving Options

If a customer decides to move while under contract, Sunnova offers a number of options: the customer can transfer the service agreement over to the new owner, pre-pay the remainder of the contract and transfer it to the new owner, or move the system to a new address. This is especially beneficial for homeowners who are less permanent.

Wide State Availability

Sunnova is currently available in the following 19 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Texas.

The company's services are also available in Guam, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Saipan, which means many consumers have the option to go solar with Sunnova.

The Bad

• Long Contract Terms
  • No Buyout Option for Leases

Long Contract Terms

Sunnova requires a 25-year service agreement, which is higher than the average 20-year agreement employed by most other solar companies.

Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a production guarantee for PPAs, which can be detrimental if the system isn't producing as much as it should be during the length of the contract.

No Buyout Option For Leases

Sunnova's lease options do not include a buyout option for customers, which creates a disadvantage for those who may need to move while under contract.

The Bottom Line

Sunnova is available in several states and offers a variety of financing options and moving options.

However, the company's contract terms are longer than industry average. Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a buyout option for leases.

View Best Solar Companies

3.4

Robert M Nathanson
August 23rd, 2018 Hampton, NJ DETAILS

Seven Months ago the local contractor discovered damage to the wiring caused by squirrels. The contractor opted to shut down the system for safety reasons. (Much appreciated) Since then it has been explained to me that I would still be responsible for monthly payments as the contract is a lease and only guarantees production over a three year period. At the end of that period Sunnova would refund for any shortfall in production. I guess the lease doesn't guarantee a working system. Five months later (two months ago) the local contractor removed the panels which are now stored in my garage. There the remain while we await Sunnova to come up with a solution. Upon removing the panels the contractor discovered damage which was a result of the system. So, here we are after 7 months of no service, roof damage, no proposed solution and my garage unusable since it now serves as a Sunnova warehouse. Of course, Sunnova still collects it's monthly payment. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!

Aug 25, 2018

Thank you for reaching out Robert. We are sorry to hear this roof issue has taken longer than expected to be addressed. We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention, we use all customer comments to improve the customer service experience program. An agent will be contacting you within the following hour. KM

carlos rios
August 20th, 2018

It took almost 2 years to install and setup. Really upset about it.

Aug 21, 2018

Thanks for reaching out, Carlos. Our goal is to provide an exceptional installation experience. We value your feedback and will use it to improve. Thank you for helping us create more homes that are energy independent!

Dan Maciel
August 20th, 2018 Placerville, CA DETAILS

This is my third year with this company. The system I originally agreed to was not put on my roof. It was a few month later when I learned they installed a smaller system instead. The system has not produced anywhere close to what has been guaranteed. My bill has not lowered at all with my monthly payment to them and true up. I just get the run around when I call the company. I was never given a tutorial on how to use my system. All around I regret using this company...I wish I would have read reviews before deciding to agree to a 25 year lease. Buyer beware!!!

Aug 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Dan. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. This is not the typical Sunnova experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive when explaining the product to our potential customers. We do appreciate your patience and one of our specialists will contact you soon to help get this issue resolved.

James C Galbraith
August 3rd, 2018 Pearblossom, CA

Well I appreciate the fact that you leap me informed always about what was going on concerning Solar installation.And how great it will be once it’s up and running,also along with Solarspectum you let me know when I would be up and generating power. Had a few inspection hold ups but was all worked out.

Aug 03, 2018

Thank you for your review James, We work hard to make sure you understand every part of the installation process . We are thrilled that you're now a member of the Sunnova family!

DamianGarcia
August 3rd, 2018 Olivehurst, CA DETAILS

Absolutely horrible. I was basically scammed and lied to. The worst decision I have ever made. They said they could lower my bill from $180 a month. I averaged $300 last year with the monthly payment and true up. The system stopped working for the first year for about 6 months, but I still had to pay. They just continue to lie. I can't believe I have 21 more years of hell left from this company. I want to sell or rent my house in the near future and I already know that I am going to have difficulties.

Aug 03, 2018

Hello Damian, thanks for bringing this to our attention,. Can you please send us a private message with your system id or phone number associated with your account? A customer service agent will reach out within the following hour. Thank You.

Walter Geary
August 1st, 2018 Baldwin, NY DETAILS

As of today I do not have power. These panels were installed on June 7th and nothing has worked. Today Trinity was at my house and checked on a problem with the inverter. What they found was that all the panels have to be replaced do to a faulty installation. I would like to have this issue addressed ASAP

Aug 01, 2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention Walter, we will look into this ASAP with our partner. We will provide you with an update today. ^KM

floyd watson
July 31st, 2018 Laguna Hills, CA

Still in a learning curve. Not sure when my production actually started. Haven't received the first bill.

Jul 31, 2018

Hello Floyd, we aim to provide the best customer service experience, and we are constantly working to make the solar system in service phase as easy as possible. Will send you a detailed email with the production and billing information to the email address on file. Welcome to the Sunnova family!

John Craighill
July 30th, 2018 Annapolis, MD

Outstanding all around. Full solar service installed in record time, one month from start to finish. Sunnova and Trinity kept us informed as the process moved from inception to completion. Looking forward to working with the professionals at Trinity and Sunnova as we generate electricity to support the State of Maryland green initiatives.

Jul 31, 2018

Hello John, we are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family! We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Linda Calabresr
July 25th, 2018 Neptune City, NJ

Excellent service. Fast & very professional.

Jul 27, 2018

Thank you Linda, We aim to provide the best customer experience , We appreciate your positive feedback. ^KM

David Aparicio
July 11th, 2018 Montebello, CA

They take a long a long time ( setting dates after previous visits) to get things set up , actually the structural part was set up but the hookup takes a while and our yard looks like crap thanks to them. its been over 2 months maybe three we nave been waiting for them to finish the job. They show us a rating off five stars from their brochure. The people that set up the panels were very kind, but it's all a matter of tome when the inspector gets there to approve the work which is about a months wait another crew shows up a couple weeks later to install panels boxes for electrical. Were still waiting since early April it is now July.

Jul 27, 2018

Hello David, thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for the delay on placing your system in service. We would like to review your account and provide further details and updates. Could you please provide your system Id or contact number on a private message? Regards. ^KM

Stephen Jackson
July 2nd, 2018 Fairfield, CA

In my opinion, Sunnova runs their business similar like a gangster mafia. Sunnova illegally put me on a Solar contract on a home that I owned. The contract was under my tenant. I was never shown a contract. I never signed any document with Sunnova. I communicated with them about Solar. I never consented to the Solar. I never paid them any payments. When I planned to sell the property I called Sunnova to see what their plans were to sell and spoke to Bianca. Bianca was extremely rude and not helpful what so ever. From that conversation a UCC recording was filed against my property under the tenants name. This filing scared 1 buyer away and the other buyer the sale was successful but the title company withheld the proceeds until they got to the bottom of Sunnova's gangster policies. Never I mean never do business with this company!!

Andrew Links
June 5th, 2018 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS

These guys showed me digital contract. Giving me ability to buy out down the road. Contract they printed was not same as buyout removed. Tell me how I can come up with $46000 to pay for 15000 of hardware. They are crooks plain simple. Buy solar just not from them. They took 2 months to see that panels were not working. Then when i complained about not geting refund the girl laughed. She said I can't get out of contract. Go elsewhere. Other have had leans put on house.

Jun 04, 2019

Hello Andrew Links, we are here to help. Can you please send us a private message/email with your system ID and phone number where we can reach you? We'll look into this right away. Thank you^MP

Stay away
May 23rd, 2018 Sewell, NJ DETAILS

Let me keep this short. They have the wrong panels installed on my roof. The contract clearly states Q-Cell panels and they installed Recom. I want the panels off of my roof now and according to them the only option I have it to sign a new contract. Because it is not voided on their end. Can someone please explain how a contract can be completely wrong but not void?!?!

nicola
May 23rd, 2018 Milford, NJ DETAILS

would give zero - I need to move and thought that this would be no issue at all- as the sales rep and there website say they are transferable. My buyer is demolishing the house and does not want them - my options are to move them to my new property - but they won't do that as it a different service supplier or continue to pay for another 22 years for panels making no electricity or buy them out at an overprice. its a total SCAM. I am very upset as I chose the company as a NEW Jersey State sponsored energy efficiency day was held at my company and Sunnovva was the solar company there - so I thought they were a good company

Jul 05, 2019

Hello Jason . We would love to assist you with your concerns. Please send a Private message to resol[email protected] So we can look into this right away. Thank You. ^OA

hedy Li PLLC
May 21st, 2018 Phoenix, AZ

They taking forever to remove it since we bought a foreclosure house. I just keep calling them,never give me a time frame when will be remove it. thanks

JC
May 4th, 2018 Murrieta, CA DETAILS

Stay away from Sunnova and any panel pusher they send to your door! They lied & deceived my wife and I. The salesperson pressured my wife with false promises and tricked us with an over priced solar scam! Paying way more for "Producing Energy" vs. usage, plus a bill from Edison at the end of the year! Predatory solar scam...............

Nancy
April 2nd, 2018 Concord, CA DETAILS

Never sign a contract from Sunnova. They promise to save money on your electricity and it’s not true. Besides I had to sell my home and the company put a lean in my home. The worst part is that Sunnova did not allowed me to cancel the contract even though I didn’t have any other option. They said that the only two options I had were either pass the contract to the new owner or take the panels to the new home I was buying, but neither the new owner wanted this ridiculous contract nor I needed two solar panels on my new home due to my new home already had solar panels already paid from the previous owner. Sunnova wanted to move the solar panels no matter what and wanted to charge $8,000 just to move the panels, which it’s a ridiculous amount even when I did not need them. Also the other option is to pay $19,00.00 to cancel the contract. It’s a headache to deal with this company, I have been paying two electricity bills for 9 months so far, one bill of the previous home I sold and another one of the home I bought. Besides the person who bought my home is so angry due to the Sunnova company doesn’t want to take away the panels and I have to pay for any roof damage that this panels may cause. Stay away from this company, otherwise you will have to deal with too many problems!

Chris Williams
March 30th, 2018 Highlands, NJ DETAILS

THE WORST! Do not talk to them if they show up at your door. Yes installation and the turn on went as expected, but after 3 months the promised numbers started changing and not in my favor. Now I'm about to go to war with this company and I should have read these reviews first. Not getting what promised and now I'm looking at selling my house in the next year and anticipating a huge problem. CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT! IM IN!

Michael
March 28th, 2018 Sicklerville, NJ DETAILS

This company is horrible. They can't get their billing correct. The spend countless time having you repeat the issue. The first and second line phone attendants cannot resolve issues. Supervisors are never available when you call. It has been over 1 year and Sunnova still cannot get the billing correct. I would not have signed up with Sunnova but they bought out my original company contracts.

Judith Hamilton
March 19th, 2018 Yuma, AZ DETAILS

The worst solar company ever. In October of 2016, I signed a contract promising my solar panels would produce in excess of 10,000 KWH (kilo watt hours). They have lowered the amount produced twice without notice. So far I have had three months of power bills that were very low ($17 a month). All the rest of my bills have been from $80 to $200+ a month. I may as well continued without solar and paid $151.00 a month. Now I have a debt of $25,000 hanging over my head . STAY AWAY FROM SUNNOVA!

Rhonda Chambers
March 5th, 2018 Spring, TX DETAILS

Not really happy with this company at the moment. I am trying to deal with this company to pay them . But because my husband is on the loan from them they will not help me out. Never mind that he has gave them authorization more than several times to talk to me. It is very frustrating. I will say that the lady that was on the phone with me when I went off was very professional. (It wasn't her fault-so I apologized). On the system. It is not producing as much as I would like. Still getting electric bills.

Rich
February 14th, 2018 Burlington, NJ

Worse company ever. They aren't the brightess bulbs and their representatives are morons. Me and my co-owner wanted to go solar for our house. We signed up with Momentum Solar, which is the third party company. They signed us up for Sunnova. So the day we signed up with Sunnova, we also got an email saying "Cancellation Request accepted". We called them up and they said that they couldn't tell which property is ours and they needed to see a copy of the deed. Our house is a joint house, which some people think it's a twin, some say it's a town/row home and some say it's a duplex but whatever it is, it's still it's own identity. So we were a little reluctant to just turn over person information, but momentum solar reinsured us that this was normal and we sent a copy over. The day we sent it over, we got another email saying "Welcome to Sunnova" and another email a few hours later "Cancellation Request accepted". We called Momentum again to find out why and they weren't sure, so they were going to call Sunnova, but so did we. When we called, the representatives (as brilliant as they are) said that they could tell which roof we owned. I just stopped and said "you're kidding me right?" And they said we can't do the installation because we can't tell what roof is yours. So I said "how can you not tell what roof is ours? If you look at Google earth, you can clearly see there is a fence dividing the properties, not only that, the deed says this is it's own identity regardless that it's connected to another house and finally, to help you understand what roof is our, it's color coded for people like you who can't figure it out (as the house next door has green shingles and our house has gray shingles)" she said "you will need to own the property next to you in order for us to do the installation" my co-owner asked "do you own or rent your home?" She said "rent" he then said "ok, do you rent the apartment next to you as well?" She said "no, I just rent the one I live in, I don't need to rent both apartments" he said exactly. So after weeks went by, Momentum was still trying to get them to understand. We then thought "hey, we are finally going to get somewhere because they want the "zoning agent" to speak to us"....yeah....that was a joke! Never heard from this so-called zoning agent. I don't think he even exists. So a few months past, with Momentum still trying to get them to understand. We decided 1 finally call. So it was myself, the co-owner and a rep from Momentum and we called 3 way to Sunnova. The representative was very smug about her responses but she said "No we will not put them up because we can't tell which roof is theres" the guy from Momentum said "Even if you look a google earth, you can tell the difference in roofs" she said "they would need to own the other property next to them" and he said "even though you guys done this before (installed) on a townhouse, you guys won't do it now?" She said "nope, they would need to own the property next to them. Luckily for us, we had found a good company while we were waiting. But wanted to give Momentum a chance to help us. Sadly, they couldn't get through to these thickheaded idiots. It's no wonder they are going out of business, they are a terrible company. If you start to think to go to this company, run....RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN! If their sales person shows up at your door, slam your door on them. If they call, hang up. This company will not do you any favors and talking them is pointless. You'd do better talking to the wall then talking to these guys. Don't believe? Go ahead and read the other reviews, they will prove my point that this is the worse solar company ever!

Zeremariam
February 7th, 2018 Goodyear, AZ DETAILS

Please train your employees to answer simple question. Like who removes and reinstall panells if roof needed replacement. It is the most stupid answer We can’t reveal. Simple answer Sunnova or roofer. It took the company two weeks to give me the answer. Poor poor customer service.

Bashli Levi
January 31st, 2018 Cliffwood, NJ DETAILS

I mean over all they did great job, the term is longer but, there is service assurances on production. When ever I call customer service they always help me out with my concerns. I'm really surprised that the reviews are so bad here.

Isaac
January 25th, 2018 Toms River, NJ DETAILS

I would leave zero stars if possible. There guarantee is a garbage lie. they stated we would be producing enough to cover our bills and then some. so far after three plus years we have a solar bill of $206.00 a month and a electric bill. I am not saving any money and I am producing 19% under there guarantee. they offered me 15 dollars off of my bill per month. This company is a scam. there customer rep Arkaz will give you a direct line that rings, goes to a voice mail with a recording of "all circuits are busy" SCAM SCAM SCAM. do not do business with them. your better off buying your own panels and installing them directly to your house.

Robert Sullivan
January 11th, 2018 Little Ferry, NJ DETAILS

Year and a half to install and activate through Momentum Solar, Could not get the auto pay to work, charged for the inability, refused to budge on the disputed payment attempts, returned calls. You can do better than this company.

Rosanna alamo
January 9th, 2018 DETAILS

That is the worst solar conpani ..bad costumer service ..doble facturación and dont honor the warranties...not recomeded

John dougherty
December 27th, 2017 Riverside, NJ DETAILS

Sales guy came out to the house calculated the cost and said it would cost of contract $61 dollars a month and nothing from electric co. Get a monthly contract bill from Sunnova $87 dollars and $60 from peco. I Iive by myself, change all lights to led and not home all day. My electric bill went up more with solar panels. Customer service told me you have to have full sun to get pay back usage and a year to see savings. When sales guy came out said no full sun for it to work, works on a cloudy day and see savings first few months. The company are frauds and misleading the people. Never should of went with this company

Ron Maas
December 27th, 2017 Bridgeville, DE

They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. I don't mean worst solar company, I mean worst company. I am trying to get the lease assigned to me so I can buy the house. You can not get anyone to take your phone call. they lie to you, t

Tom Sullivan
December 12th, 2017 Rio Rancho, NM DETAILS

This company just sucks, and their customer service is non-existent. And they'd don't care about either.

Wayne
December 12th, 2017 Athol, MA DETAILS

Since installation June 2016, my monthly costs have increased for electricity. They said I would save money, instead I have a monthly average NGrid bill of $120 and solar is $105, so total $225. Before solar average monthly was $135. Where is the savings???????

Karen Berlin
November 28th, 2017 Northridge, CA DETAILS

We decided to go solar when my mom was in the hospital thinking this would lower our electric bill. Now that my mother has passed away and we even have less people in the house I am still paying more than if I was paying DWP which are the worst thieves in the world. How I have 2. If I could I would rip them off and throw them in the trash. Worst decision ever to go solar. Stay with your electric company they are cheaper.

Toni
November 14th, 2017 Bellflower, CA DETAILS

I had some issues with how I wanted my panels placed. Sunnova went above and beyond to appease me. Before I signed on I spent over 2 hours asking every question I could think of. Even had the rep sit here while I went on line to find questions I might not of thought of. The installers were great. But the Rep (Kay) was the best. Always returned my calls and text asap. Even on the weekends. My actual service just started 3 days ago so I will come back periodically to give my opinion of the actual service. But thus far I strongly recommed them.

Mm
November 10th, 2017 Pico Rivera, CA DETAILS

Customer service. What service Help what help If your system is not working. They don't call. If you need help.maybe in 14 days

Irving Ramirez
November 8th, 2017 DETAILS

This is the worst idea ever to install hurricane maria past through puerto rico had solar panels mostly gone off roof I need to fix now my roof with the damages caused by solar panels and rack where these where at company tells me that I have to pay over five thousand dollars to remove what's left so I can fix the damages or wait until when ever the company has the opportunity to come and do what ever has to be done. In the mean time I have to stay with all the filtering in the roof of my house. Definitely don't and will never ever recommend this product to anyone.

Pamela Pagel
October 19th, 2017 Moreno Valley, CA

After we chose to use this company and we arranged for installation we didn't here from them for about 6 months. I had to call them over and over. They finally said the delay was our fault because we had a structure on our property that was build without a permit. That structure was an above ground, basic spa! Then they took for ever to work out our payment plan and began calling and asking if we were planning to give them the money we would be getting from our task return! They called almost every month. I finally told them no. We are not planning to give it to them. At this point I wish they would take them off our roof so we can start over with another company because we still have to pay Edison money every year because the panels are not producing enough energy for our use. I could go on and on about the promises this company will make to sell but never deliver on them.

Peggy
October 5th, 2017

Poor customer services I have ever experienced. Not able to resolve issue for over 1.5 month since the case was opened. No communications to client and online portal is not updated.

Irene Segovia
August 29th, 2017 Martinez, CA

Had to pay to remove and reinstall system to get a new roof 2750.00. They used 3rd party contractor who is now holding my panels hostage due to non payment by Sunnova. No one at Sunnova calls back and now I am without my system. I have not had system since August 4, 2017 and no resolution in sight...

Sharon Baudour
August 24th, 2017

I was misrepresented about the lease and I believe I was taken advantage of due to my age and disability. I am paying more to my electric company per month sometimes $124.00 or more. My tru up bill was 989.00, therefore, I am now paying double to triple in electric. They want to add additional solar panels which will increase my 116.00 lease payment to Sunnova. I believe I really did not qualify to have solar due to the amount I was paying per month before Sunnova came in. I was paying on the average for 12 months $98.89 per month to my electric company before Sunnova.

Casey Elliott
August 24th, 2017 Glendora, CA

I was told by the sales rep that the 18 panels on my home would wipe out my electric bill from Edison, it never has. I get a true up bill every year, this past year it was $1400. I have contacted them on numerous occasions only to be told that they system is operating properly and there is nothing they can do as I am under contract. I have a letter from the sales rep stating that based on his design I should not have a Edison bill. Sunnova doesn’t care about their customers, only the bottom line. I have requested additional panels to be installed even though my bill with them would change, they won’t do that unless I sign a new 25 year lease??? Why would I do that when I am already unhappy. I want these panels off of my house or I want additional panels installed, and to make an adjustment to my contract. I will not sign another contract with them as they cant fulfill the promises already made to me. My average Edison bill was $165 a month, now I am spending over $250 a month

Hector Caro
August 22nd, 2017 El Cajon, CA

I went with Sunnova Solar because we were paying a lot for electricity and sales representative said they guarantee savings. Now about 2 1/2 years in and I'm paying about the same overall. I've requested to have them look into what is the reason I'm not saving as much. We had asked to have our system sized a little bigger for future house expansion yet we barely make enough as it is. Sunnova recently had their systems hacked and I no longer feel that my information is safe. I've requested that due to their systems being compromise to let me out of their contract but they refuse. Oddly enough my bank account was recently used by an unauthorized person. There seems to be some noise coming from the area that the solar equipment is located but their tech was unable to hear it. I'll admit that it didn't make the noise when he was here but I advised them it's more noticeable at night. I recommend anyone looking to get their solar system with Sunnova that you look through all the reviews and make a wise choice.

renee
July 20th, 2017 Apple Valley, CA

we bought 12/2014 technician who installed main box only connect 1 main wire which caused arcing inside box . we contacted them stating we are getting 50% of what we leased and blackouts daily of course received run around after numerous phone calls and six months later a tech came and informed us that this was high arcing which could have easily caught house on fire. plugged in other wires and said everything is corrected however we wanted them to go through the system but they said nope. three yrs later we still are not getting the amount we were promised ( not even close). they state they will reimburse us after 3yrs for the amount we are owed . And 1 cs rep stated they will send someone out to go thru system still no tech we pay $198 a month and $ 1495 to sce at the end of the year . we also see our SCE bills go up and we are locked in to rate because solar is not producing. WE live in the desert so we have sun 250 days a year!!!!!

Heather Miller
July 13th, 2017

I thought their 3rd party installers were great, professional and they cleaned up any mess that was made.And the communication with the office staff was good also had communication with the owner which is rare he was also very nice.

Deneson Evasco
June 26th, 2017 San Bernardino, CA

NEEDS A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT ! ! ! We were guaranteed 7900kw this year but only delivered 5500kw. Apparently, the guaranteed kw was not guaranteed. Figure that out. When I called them, they told me it was a shading issue, which was impossible because they checked our house the day we signed the contract and told us it would recieve "100%" of the sunlight. When asked where the shade is coming from, they were not able to give an answer. We were offered to lower our monthly payment from $136 to apprx $80, but I told them I would rather have them fix it and pay full, but they keep saying that there's nothing wrong with their panels. I asked them if is it going to be like this forever, and she said yes, for now. Meaning were gonna have to pay double for 25 years. We're paying Edison and them. If they only could deliver on there guaranteed kw, we wouldn't have to pay Edison anything. They even have the audacity to tell me that I can't go to court because in the contract that I signed, I agreed that if their system misproduce they can just pay us $0.19 per kw. Yes, I did agree, but this is clearly not a misproducing system. They sold us a faulty 5500kw producing system and lied to us saying it would "guarantee" 7900kw just to sign the contract. this is clearly a fraud from the beggining. If anybody is able to get off this contract, please share. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY ! ! !

Desiree
June 23rd, 2017

I would consider what they do fraud. They sold my 78 year old family member a $75,000 11KW system on a 2,000SF house with 2 people living there and no pool. They made him believe that if he no longer needed the panels they would just come get them, instead he has to pay $37,000 to exit the deal. This is a man that served our country for 45 years and they are going to rob him of his retirement. How do they sleep at night? Scum. They took advantage of him with the number of panels, years of the deal and interest rate.

John Peraino
June 16th, 2017 Collingswood, NJ

Trinity Solar sells all of their leases to Sunnova. When you need service you need to call Sunnova who then notifies trinity Solar to schedule service. There is a lot of unnecessary red tape that you have to deal with.

Kathy H.
June 15th, 2017

I have had nothing but great service with this company! The sales rep was terrific. He was very thorough and professional. I had several companies give estimates and none of the others offered any advice or answered my questions correctly. I was told by 3 other companies that I didn't need to know the information I was asking about! Two of the others didn't even go up on the roof to check things out. One sent a drone! Sunnova checked out all my bills for 12 months with the electric company and got the right estimate for me, gave me the best price and got my bills reduced by more than half. I would strongly recommend this company and have to all who ask about solar. So far 7 of my friends and neighbors have had solar installed by this company and are all quite happy.

shirley deel
June 5th, 2017

I have true up each year besides PGE bill and $122. a mo to Sunnova. The true up is 1500, dollars a year. It is from PGE for electricity used but not covered by solar. It is awful. Isn't there a way out of this ?

Cheryl M
May 8th, 2017 Pomona, CA

What ever they did on my roof...is not right and they could care less. I am paying more now than I did before I got the solar on my roof.

paul sanders
April 6th, 2017 Union, NJ

the worst,.always being told waiting for an update customer service is non existant