MobileHelp

8.9

MobileHelp

verified
No Contract, Lifetime Warranty & Money-Back Guarantee

Based in Boca Raton, Florida, MobileHelp serves clients in all 50 states. A leading provider of M-PERS (Mobile-Personal Emergency Response System) technology, MobileHelp has been in the business of medical monitoring services for the past decade. MobileHelp offers four different medical alert systems: Cellular Duo, Cellular Classic, Cellular Smart, and the new Solo system. The Cellular DUO protects anyone home and away from home, also using cellular service through AT&T and GPS satellite tracking technology. The Cellular Classic System is great for those who just need protection at home; utilizing the AT&T cellular network, this system works independent of a landline. The Cellular Smart is a GPS-enabled watch that is also great for being away from home. The Solo is a mobile system as well that provides emergency medical response at home and on-the-go at a lower price than Cellular DUO, but has fewer features.

The Good

• Versatile Systems
  • GPS Satellite Tracking Technology
  • MobileHelp Connect Tools
  • Fall Detection Button

Versatile Systems

MobileHelp offers four simplified, but versatile medical alert systems.

• Duo: This doubles as an in-home medical alert system and a mobile alert system. Includes a base unit.
  • Classic: This in-home medical alert system is ideal for those who stay at home but want the security of a medical alert system. Includes a base station.
  • Smart: This Samsung-powered smartwatch is GPS-enabled, easy to set up, and stylish. It can also monitor your heart rate, calories you've burned, and steps you've walked.
  • Solo: This mobile alert system can be taken anywhere since the mobile device is small enough to fit in your pocket.

Each medical alert device is equipped with an emergency button that connects you to emergency responders at a certified monitoring center.

GPS Satellite Tracking Technology

MobileHelp's focus is GPS satellite tracking technology. The company's Anywhere Help Button is their prized feature. Compared to some other companies in the personal emergency response niche, the Anywhere Help Button doesn't require a landline phone and can be used when taking walks, in the car, shopping, or on vacation. These alert systems will not only know who you are, but where you are as well.

With this button, customers can contact help from anywhere. In the time that a cell phone 911 operator spends gathering personal information, a MobileHelp operator will have contacted the closest emergency responders and will have already explained this information to them. Help will be on the way to the customer's current location already knowing the information they need to assist them. Once help is secured, MobileHelp's operators contact the customer's family, friends, and other loved ones.

MobileHelp Connect Tools

One feature MobileHelp offers is MobileHelp Connect® - a suite of online tools to help customers and authorized caregivers, such as family members, actively participate in monitoring the subscriber's health and well-being. MobileHelp Connect standard features are available at no extra charge and premium features are offered for an additional monthly fee.

MobileHelp's mobile GPS medical alert systems offer location services that can be accessed through MobileHelp Connect. Anyone with access to their Connect account can log in and lock in on the GPS device to locate their loved one. MobileHelp Connect also offers system alerts that will notify you when the equipment has a low battery, is being tested or has been activated in an emergency.  Features available will vary depending on the type of system and accessories used.

Within MobileHelp Connect, there are two additional features that can be purchased for just $5 more per month: Medication Reminders and Activity Tracker. The Medication Reminder lets users (or a family member) schedule medication reminders online using the Connect portal and schedule friendly reminders to the user to take their meds every day and on time. These audio reminders come through the Cellular Base Station (included with the Classic and DUO systems).

Activity Tracking allows a user to track their daily, weekly or monthly activity levels to ensure they are keeping an active lifestyle. This feature keeps family members aware of their loved one's condition as they live independently. Information is graphed through the MobileHelp Connect portal to help the user (or a family member) track trends to ensure a healthy lifestyle. It is also a great feature for families of people with dementia or Alzheimer's who tend to wander off. This information is taken through their Fall Detection Pendant and is kept within the Cellular Base Station (included with the Classic and DUO systems).

MobileHelp has just released a new service called "MobileHelp Connect Premium" which provides a lifetime price guarantee, protection from replacing lost or damaged equipment, and additional discounts on added services and accessories.

Fall Detection Button

MobileHelp now offers a product called "Fall Detection Button". The Fall Detection Button is an important feature that automatically sends out an alarm if you fall and are unable to press your help button. Fall buttons have been shown to reduce injuries and deaths since there are times when seniors fall and cannot manually summon help. The Fall Button is also compatible with both their in the home and away units ensure safety precautions no matter where you are.

The Bad

• Limited to Areas Covered by AT&T
  • Additional Fee

Limited to Areas Covered by AT&T

MobileHelp only works for those who live in areas covered by the AT&T network. Their monitoring system works with a cellular network to deliver 3G service that works both at home and while away from the home. Unfortunately, if AT&T doesn't service a specific location, MobileHelp won't work well there. The AT&T cellular network provides coverage to 97% of the continental United States, however, you should find out if the service is available in your area before purchasing MobileHelp's medical alert service.

Additional Fee

One fine print issue concerns the Mobile Help Connect feature. MobileHelp Connect is free, but there is an additional cost of $5 per 30 additional location requests. The free feature only covers up to 30 location requests per month. This only becomes an issue if the person using the medical alert device is traveling a lot and family members have to check in on them constantly; if they are, pricing can add up.

The Bottom Line

There's no phone landline required to use the MobileHelp medical alert system. They are one of the leading providers of M-PERS or Mobile Personal Emergency Response System technology, servicing all 50 US states, so potential customers will have peace of mind knowing that a MobileHelp alert device is available everywhere. MobileHelp also offers MobileHelp Connect which is a platform that helps families track their senior loved ones while using their MobileHelp system. Read MobileHelp reviews below to hear from experiences of actual customers.

Call our recommended rep over at MobileHelp below.

Pamela Reynolds
September 4th, 2018 Troy, MI DETAILS

I give MobileHelp my highest accolades. While they were only able to provide my mom service for six weeks before her passing, they helped us every step of the way! Even when her fall detector kept going off almost daily until she learned how to use it, they treated every call as if it was an emergency. Just as exceptional, I had purchased a 13-month contract (one year, plus one month free) and when she passed just weeks after getting it set up, they issued me a refund immediately upon receipt of the equipment back to them. We had used another service prior to this one and when I called to cancel the contract, they would not issue me any refund at all and asked me to give the service to someone else and that they did not give any refunds. I am grateful this was not the situation with MobileHelp. In fact, they couldn't have treated my mother or myself any better! Five Stars for you MobileHelp! (Wish I could give you more!)

MobileHelpSep 04, 2018

Thank you Pamela for such a kind review!! We are so happy that we were able to assist you and your mom during this time. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. Kind Regards, MobileHelp

Suzanne Land
August 13th, 2018 Jackson, MI DETAILS

Excellent response from customer service. Upon receiving product a CR rep called to inquire if I had questions re: installation & usage.

Harriet Saltzman
August 15th, 2018 San Jose, CA

I have been a bit disappointed. Setup was okay, but in testing the ‘call in progress’ was a bit long. Also received a ‘fall notice’ when I did not fall. And when I did nothing happened. What is going on?

MobileHelpAug 15, 2018

Harriet, Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry for any frustration you have experienced. We have submitted a ticket for Technical Support to reach out to you regarding any issues you have had with your system. Once again, we apologize and we look forward to speaking to you. Best Regards, MobileHelp

Judie Holcomb-Pack
August 13th, 2018 Winston-Salem, NC DETAILS

My husband has short-term memory loss, among other health issues, and I didn't think about the difficulty of getting him to understand how the bracelet works and the necessity of keeping it on. I found out quickly when he took it off at 4:30 a.m. the first night and we got a call from the monitor! He is doing better now, although he wonders why no one talks to him.

jim
August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

they do as they advertise and the system is very mobile and inexpensive

John
August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

It was easy to order and set up. We also tested it a few times and the person on the other end was pleasant and helpful.

Sue
August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

I officially tested, I accidentally pushed the button twice and each time I was treated with respect and care if I needed any help. Someone is always there and makes contact quickly. I can put the GPS in the charger at night and where the necklace or watch and still ya e coverage so good 24hr security. The company tried First didn't give that assurance.

Sacramento Mom
August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

The customer service has been great, the device tested fine, so far nothing has happened to use it for an incident.

Kathy
August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

They were curteous, very helpful with what I needed or did not need. When my loved one passed on the cancellation was simple

Great Help with Our Mom
August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

The necklace is not as sensitive as the wrist band, we're calling about that issue soon.

Joy Bishop
August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

Tests, customer service,etc.were great! Have not needed actual help so cannot give 5

Jan Pejchar
August 6th, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

No problems, good service, prompt response.

Kathy
August 6th, 2018 Shelbyville, IN DETAILS

It's nice to feel safe when I'm alone at the house I don't have to worry about falling and not being able to get to my phone

Greg K
August 6th, 2018 Rio Rancho, NM DETAILS

I've needed to use them 2 times already and it all worked out great....like the personal touch.

August 6th, 2018 Elgin, IL DETAILS

Easy to set up, easy to use, reasonable cost

August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

Sometimes it goes off automaticallyAnd I don't even press the button

Irene
August 6th, 2018 Austin, TX DETAILS

Easy to use. Reliable. Convenient I can take it with me Light weight

Ann Jordan
August 6th, 2018 Maryville, TN DETAILS

We are just starting out. Service and product have been excellent so far.

Delores Lundy
August 6th, 2018 Germantown, TN DETAILS

They have been very helpful and we have already had a couple of issues that were answered quickly.

Juanita Bkack
August 6th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

They are right there when I need them. Answer every question.

Paulanna Wilkinson
August 6th, 2018 North Bend, OR DETAILS

The called the minute my dad set off his alarm. Unfortunately the hip holder for the travel device is much too snug a device which is why he set it off twice so has had to adjust where and how he carries it

Janice
August 6th, 2018 Safety Harbor, FL DETAILS

Tests received good response both from home base to away from home.

GLF
August 6th, 2018 Lincoln, CA DETAILS

Smart watch is great product we've been looking for. Tech help was wonderful. Quick response to alerts.

Mary
August 6th, 2018 San Jose, CA DETAILS

Great customer service, extremely user friendly

Mary
August 6th, 2018 Palm City, FL DETAILS

Excellent customer service. Confidence in the system we purchased.

MobileHelpAug 10, 2018

Thank you for your kind words! We love getting this type of feedback!

Tim Case
August 6th, 2018 Marysville, OH DETAILS

Very helpfull when calling and will modify account when needed

Debbie
August 6th, 2018 Maricopa, AZ DETAILS

My mom had a false alarm but they called me amediately and my brother and that shows me that they were on top of it and that I can trust them

MobileHelpAug 10, 2018

We are happy we could be there for you & your family!

shirley
August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

quick response to calls...easy to turn off inadvertent calls as well. responder is considerate and polite

August 6th, 2018 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS

when my call watch went haywire they go me a new watch very quickly

August 6th, 2018 DETAILS

new customer--little experience with product, but good so far

Joan
August 6th, 2018 Glen Rock, PA DETAILS

haven't fallen since I got MobileHelp but customer service has been very helpful

Wadonna Wells/Wanda Wells
August 6th, 2018 Ardmore, OK DETAILS

Didn't offer me the 30 day free trial when I called; I saw it on a TV ad after I had ordered.

MobileHelpAug 10, 2018

Wadonna & Wanda Wells, All accounts automatically come with a 30 day risk free trial. What this means is that if you cancel and return the equipment in the first 30 days, you will receive a FULL refund. After 30 days prorated refund for the duo, solo, and classic systems. This is nothing that needs to be added to an account as it is our general policy on all accounts. If you have an additional questions or concerns, please contact Customer Care at 877-827-6207. Thank you for being a valued part of the MobileHelp family! Sincerely, MobileHelp

Gil
August 6th, 2018 Lake Havasu City, AZ DETAILS

Because of slowness of response time 2.5min before answer

MobileHelpAug 10, 2018

Gil, Thank you for your feedback. We would like to review this alert with you, please contact Technical Support at 877-827-6207, Option 1 at your earliest convenience. We look forward to speaking to you. Best Regards, MobileHelp

Justine
August 6th, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

Very helpful when ordering and setting up system.

Celeste Farnsworth, age 77, first time owner
August 6th, 2018 Hemet, CA DETAILS

Too complicated to start and too scary to start large unit because I am afraid to make a mistake.

MobileHelpAug 10, 2018

Celeste, We are sorry to hear you are afraid of the system. We have created a ticket for Technical Support to reach out to you. You can also call 877-827-6207, Option 1, M-F 8am-8pm EST & Sat/Sun 9am-6pm EST with any questions or concerns you may have. We look forward to speaking to you. Kind Regards, MobileHelp

Tom 89 years old
August 6th, 2018 St. Petersburg, FL DETAILS

the watch band is not good ...The neck "chain" does not come apart easily.

John
August 6th, 2018 Lincoln City, OR DETAILS

Quick response, easy to use, and let's others feel confident in being left by themselves.

Lisa Ruderman
August 2nd, 2018 Boca Raton, FL DETAILS

We just set the system up so I can't comment on how well it actually works however the purchasing experience was excellent. This wasn't the first company I contacted and I can't even compare the two. No high pressure here and very helpful answering all my questions. The price was also much more reasonable. My experience so far has been great....highly recommend!

MobileHelpAug 02, 2018

Thank you Lisa! :)

Deb
July 30th, 2018 Nixa, MO DETAILS

I don't like having to take the main base every where.

Deb Matson (caregiver/daughter)
July 30th, 2018 DETAILS

Great service, and equipment is sensitive/effective.