MobileHelp verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

8.8

Call Now

Based in Boca Raton, Florida, MobileHelp serves clients in all 50 states. A leading provider of M-PERS (Mobile-Personal Emergency Response System) technology, MobileHelp has been in business for the past decade.

MobileHelp has been providing mobile medical alert systems since 2006. They offer three different systems: Cellular Classic, Cellular DUO, and the new Solo system. The Cellular Classic System is great for those who just need protection at home; utilizing the AT&T cellular network, this system works independent of a landline. The Cellular DUO protects anyone home and away from home, also using cellular service through AT&T and GPS satellite tracking technology. The Solo is also a mobile system that provides emergency medical response at home and on the go at a lower price than Cellular DUO, but has a few less features.

The Good

• GPS Satellite Tracking Technology
  • MobileHelp Connect Tools
  • Fall Detection Button

GPS Satellite Tracking Technology

MobileHelp's focus is GPS satellite tracking technology. The company's Anywhere Help Button is their prized feature. Compared to some other companies in the personal emergency response niche, the Anywhere Help Button doesn't require a landline phone and can be used when taking walks, in the car, shopping, or on vacation. They will not only know who you are but where you are as well.

With this button, customers can contact help from anywhere. In the time that a cell phone 911 operator spends gathering personal information, a MobileHelp operator will have contacted the closest available paramedics and will have already explained this information to them. Help will be on the way to the customer's current location already knowing the information they need to assist them. Once help is secured, MobileHelp's operators contact the customer's family, friends, and other loved ones.

MobileHelp Connect Tools

One feature MobileHelp offers is MobileHelp Connect® - a suite of online tools to help customers and authorized caregivers, such as family members, actively participate in monitoring the subscriber's health and well-being. MobileHelp Connect standard features are available at no extra charge and premium features are offered for an additional monthly fee. MobileHelp's mobile GPS medical alert systems offer location services that can be accessed through MobileHelp Connect. Anyone with access to their Connect account can log in and lock in on the GPS device to locate their loved one. MobileHelp Connect also offers system alerts that will notify you when the equipment has a low battery, is being tested or has been activated in an emergency.  Features available will vary depending on the type of system and accessories used.

Within MobileHelp Connect there are two additional features that can be purchased for just $5 more per month: Medication Reminders and Activity Tracker.  The Medication Reminder lets users (or family members) schedule medication reminders online using the Connect portal and schedule friendly reminders to the user to take their meds every day and on time. These audio reminders come through the Cellular Base Station (included with the Classic and DUO systems). Activity Tracking allows a user to track their, daily, weekly or monthly activity levels to ensure they are keeping an active lifestyle. This feature keeps family members involved and aware of their loved one's condition as they live independently. Information is graphed through the MobileHelp Connect portal to help the user (or family members) track trends to ensure a healthy lifestyle. It is also a great feature for families of people with dementia or Alzheimer's who tend to wander off. This information is taken through their Fall Detection Pendant and is kept within the Cellular Base Station (included with the Classic and DUO systems).

MobileHelp has just released a new service called "MobileHelp Connect Premium" which provides a lifetime price guarantee, protection from replacing lost or damaged equipment, and additional discounts on added services and accessories.

Fall Detection Button

MobileHelp now offers a product called "Fall Detection Button". The Fall Detection Button is an important feature that automatically sends out an alarm if you fall and are unable to press your help button. Fall buttons have been shown to reduce injuries and deaths since there are times when seniors fall and cannot manually summon help. The Fall Button is also compatible with both their in the home and away units ensure safety precautions no matter where you are

The Bad

• Limited to Areas Covered by AT&T
  • Additional Fee

Limited to Areas Covered by AT&T

MobileHelp only works for those who live in an areas covered by the AT&T network. Their monitoring system works with a cellular network to deliver 3G service that works both at home and while away from the home. Unfortunately, if AT&T doesn't service a specific location, MobileHelp won't work well there. The AT&T cellular network provides coverage to 97% of the continental United States, however you should find out if the service is available in your area before purchasing your system.

Additional Fee

One fine print issue concerns the Mobile Help Connect feature. MobileHelp Connect is free, but there is an additional cost of $5 per 30 additional location requests. The free feature only covers up to 30 location requests per month. This only becomes an issue if the person using the device is traveling a lot and family members have to check in on them constantly; if they are, pricing can add up.

The Bottom Line

There's no phone land line required to use the MobileHelp medical alert system. They are one of the leading providers of M-PERS or Mobile Personal Emergency Response System technology, servicing all 50 US states. MobileHelp also offers MobileHelp Connect which is a platform that helps families track their senior loved ones while using their MobileHelp system.

Call our recommended rep over at MobileHelp below.

FaithIvey

December 14th, 2017 DETAILS

Customer Service was very helpful in getting process started. Explained everything thoroughly. No problems whatsoever. Very pleased with your company!

Jimmy and TracyVega

December 9th, 2017

so far so good,we have not hid to use it put it's nice to know it's here in case we need it.

BarbaraStansfield

December 6th, 2017 DETAILS

I had good help setting up the equipment. Haven't needed any other help.

RobertWolfe

December 6th, 2017

My mother is a new user. She has set her device off by accident three times. Had quick responses each time. Responding person has been polite and helpful.

DorothyChristiansen

December 6th, 2017 DETAILS

Have had one or two false alarms but now know for sure that there is a fast response to alarms.

Mark MorrisGoodman

December 6th, 2017

after half an hour and with more than one person on the line, no solution to the problem at hand was arrived at. I eventually found the solution myself

RickLynn

December 6th, 2017 DETAILS

Service was great! If I need again I will use this company.

WendySteelhammer

December 6th, 2017 DETAILS

I bought this for my brother. He said that fortunately he hasn't had to use it yet, but it is very easy to carry with you at all times, whether around your neck or in your pocket.

JoanneSlover

December 6th, 2017

Got mobile help for my 96 year old mother. Very glad she hasn't had an occasion to use it, however she has more confidence now and feels safer

PeterPearce

December 5th, 2017 DETAILS

The concept is good, however, the nuisance factor having to either attach the transponder unit to my belt or find a pocket for it is a big negative. I am currently looking at the alternatives. The John Walsh idea is interesting me, I will probably drop Mobile Help in favor of the alternative.

PaulRousseau

December 5th, 2017 DETAILS

Very easy to sign up, setup, and activate. The mobile unit is great as it makes it easy to go places and know you are still covered in case of trouble. My mother wears the watch-type alert button. She was falling all the time but now I have no worries when I go to work and she has to be home alone for a few hours a day. This system is a God send. The operators and staff of the company are very friendly, understanding, and great to work with. Best decision I have made was to sign up with MobileHelp.

Betty AnnHoneycutt

December 5th, 2017 DETAILS

I have had Mobile Help for a little over a month. So far, it has not been necessary to contact them with an emergency situation. However, the set up of equipment was easy and the customer representatives have been very friendly and helpful. I have used the test button a few times to check and make certain everything is working properly and, so far, have been pleased with the service.

AmyKamerow

December 5th, 2017 DETAILS

I have had mobile help for about 5. Months. They called me a few days ago stating g they were Sending me a new module for my neck. My battery was low and I had no idea. They are always on top of everything and they are wonderful company to work with. Thank you

RobertEderer

December 5th, 2017 DETAILS

I expeted MH would answer a test ring within two rings. My most recent monthly test took about eight rings to secure a response. That is a long time if I am in a bad situation.

ClarissaJurgensen

December 5th, 2017 DETAILS

As yet, I have not had to use any of the devices = in fact, I would like to return the wrist band as I don't have a use for that. Maybe I need to read over the instructions to see if that wrist band is something I really need. Otherwise I think the system is very good. Your company rated highest when I was looking for a system I could take outside and with me on any trips.

RosemarySimone

December 5th, 2017 DETAILS

The equipment was easy to set up and check monthly for connection. Have not had a need to use the service yet.

MarieNeighbours

December 5th, 2017 DETAILS

My device sometimes will go off when I'am just watching T.V. I also have a question regarding when I lose electrical power in the house, will I still be able to contact you in case of an emergency?

SonjaJones

December 5th, 2017 DETAILS

The only problem I have is it goes off at the slightest thing. I can be sitting and it goes off and I haven't even moved. As long as it goes off when I fall then I am happy.

NancyTerrell

December 5th, 2017 DETAILS

This system failed us at the worst time. This is Brenda, Nancy's daughter, I want someone to contact me about returning this rotten system and getting money back. Mom had a massive stroke on Nov 12. We found her on the floor at 9:00 am. YES she was wearing her pendant and NO IT DID NOT GO OFF!! My son-in law pushed the emergency button when her found her. Doctors said she had been on the floor from 4-6 hours thus causing much more damage. She now can not speak and is paralyzed on the right side. I am still very very angry! We purchased this for exactly this reason and it FAILED!!!! DO NOT DEPEND ON THIS SYSTEM IT DOES NOT WORK! Went off all the time when she was just sitting or walking across the floor, but when needed IT FAILED US COMPLETELY!!!

Mary JoBerry

December 5th, 2017

Ordering was very uncomplicated and response to my emergency call was immediate and agent very curtious. Would reccomend to all.

ChristinaCarrasquillo

December 5th, 2017 DETAILS

My experience to date has been excellent. Having SLE lupus and prescribed many medications daily along with iv infusion once a month, being 41 you never want to admit you do have fear of passing out , which I have due to dehydrating with unknown infections or my blood pressure has changed due to increase or decrease in prednisone that offsets other medications. Leaving you to start all over playing with what works for you. I liked that the system wasn't designed for "elderly" I have three daughters and I enjoy hiding behind all my struggles. It makes me feel better knowing I at least look like most women my age although I'm broken and old behind the scenes I say lol. I did ask questions and customer service had all the answers I was hoping for. This doesn't have do with health only,in any emergency for yourself, stranger next to you, your kids, family. I have chosen a black beaded necklace, that is more than I expected. I also have a watch with button. I again chose black to hide all that sunless bronzer that I'm known to leave a trail of where I've been. I'm sure the white is just as pretty. Here's where I like to suggest more colors, style. Next , I liked the lock box for door. Simple, yet safe and easy when allowing someone access to your home. Setup was a 1,2,3. I love and I would have given a 5 star but I haven't had to push the button so I can't say whether or not help was as prompted as I'm expecting. I hope I never have to push it. I like knowing during test calls on all my devices I received they all were sent and successfully so I'm hopeful I will receive any help promised.

BruceWeston

December 5th, 2017 DETAILS

I haven’t needed to use it, so I don’t have much experience to report. I accidentally hit the call button once and when the operator came on, she was very nice when we explained what happened. You should give an option for no opinion on your stars ratings below. I gave a low response on company trustworthiness because I have no opinion at this time and I couldn’t submit the survey unless you got a star. Makes me skeptical about your trustworthiness after all.

Edward and SharonLink

December 5th, 2017 DETAILS

We have had the MobileHelp system a few months without any real need to use it. Here is to hoping we do not have to use it for an actual emergency . But it is a good feeling to have it available in case we need it. In testing the various parts of the system it does seem it takes quite a while placing the call. We need to have it in place a longer time to give a more accurate rating.

Ron MartinPam Bennet- Wallberg

December 4th, 2017 DETAILS

Very simple process to get the needed equipment and to set it up.

AudreyKing

November 30th, 2017 DETAILS

I found everyone very helpful and they knew their product. Responded promptly when I had a problem with the gps not charging.

ElizabethRonksley

November 28th, 2017 DETAILS

I have not needed to use MobileHelp Alert, but have peace of mind for me and my family that I have it.

I.H.

November 21st, 2017 Los Alamos, NM DETAILS

I got an offer for it and decided to try it. I haven't actually had to use it, but I've had a couple of false alarms. The thing is very sensitive and it goes off if I move too fast or if I lean over things.

April Lord

November 21st, 2017 Wabash, IN DETAILS

I needed to have something since I'm at a high risk of falling. I've never had to use it but my alarm went off a couple of times on its own. On those occasions they have called immediately to make sure that I'm ok. The system is easy to get to and I know if I fell I would be able to push the button and get help.

Judy Craig

November 21st, 2017 West Memphis, AR DETAILS

The price is what made me pick it. I carry the thing everywhere I go, it's always with me.

Linda Marin

November 21st, 2017 Rockford, IL DETAILS

I went with it since it was inexpensive. I use the device every day. Whenever I call customer service there's always somebody there to help me.

Elaine Lain

November 21st, 2017 Cranberry, PA DETAILS

I needed something that would work outside my home and the only other thing that we knew of locally did not have that feature. That's why I ended up going with MobileHelp. So far I haven't had to use it, but I haven't had any problems whatsoever. It's all really accessible if I ever need it. It gives me security and I'm satisfied.

Carol Agneta

November 21st, 2017 Peabody, MA DETAILS

I got it because I liked their equipment and customer service. They're always very responsive, professional, and knowledgeable. They have made things easier for me. The device is easy to use and very up to date with technology. I wear it every day.

Eleanor Tague

November 21st, 2017 Rancho Santa Margarita, CA DETAILS

After researching on the internet it seemed to be a good match between what my mom needed and a reasonable price. Customer service was helpful during the initial setup. In the couple of months we've had it we haven't really used it, but sometimes I just go an look up where she is. The GPS is very accurate.

Joann Dollinger

November 21st, 2017 Delray Beach, FL DETAILS

I needed to have a medical alert system that I could travel with. Even though I haven't had to use it, I've called customer service before. They have always been very courteous and answer my questions. They are very easy to work with.

Brenda Rish

November 21st, 2017 Prosperity, SC DETAILS

I saw it on T.V. and decided to give it a try. I have the little rechargeable one that I take with me when I go out in the car. I haven't really had to use it, but it's a good unit and it keeps track of me.

Regina Sandefer

November 21st, 2017 Cleveland, TX DETAILS

After I had a panic attack and had to have someone come in and break into my house to help me, I decided to get it. I've had it for a couple of weeks so I haven't had to use it yet. Whenever I call them, they talk to me and answer everything I need.

William Ford

November 21st, 2017 Conyers, GA DETAILS

I got it since I needed help in case I fell. I've never used it but customer service has been kind.

Eddie Abel

November 21st, 2017 Apache Junction, AZ DETAILS

My husband got it for me since I use a wheelchair and can't walk. I haven't had any troubles and they've been very good. It makes me feel safe whenever I go out.

Debbie Whitney

November 21st, 2017 Pearcy, AR DETAILS

I saw an advertisement on T.V. and decided to call them. I haven't had it for very long but we've called them 3 times to make sure that it all worked and to make sure we didn't have any issues. It seems like it's a very affordable and easy to use option to take care of my loved ones.

Zildete And Steven Vilvens

November 21st, 2017 Marietta, GA DETAILS

I chose them since they had good service. I haven't had to use them yet, but customer service helped me set it up.