MobileHelp

8.8

MobileHelp

verified
No Contract, Lifetime Warranty & Money-Back Guarantee

Based in Boca Raton, Florida, MobileHelp serves clients in all 50 states. A leading provider of M-PERS (Mobile-Personal Emergency Response System) technology, MobileHelp has been in business of medical monitoring services for the past decade.

MobileHelp offers three different medical alert systems: Cellular Classic, Cellular DUO, and the new Solo system. The Cellular Classic System is great for those who just need protection at home; utilizing the AT&T cellular network, this system works independent of a landline. The Cellular DUO protects anyone home and away from home, also using cellular service through AT&T and GPS satellite tracking technology. The Solo is also a mobile system that provides emergency medical response at home and on the go at a lower price than Cellular DUO, but has a few less features.

The Good

• Versatile Systems
  • GPS Satellite Tracking Technology
  • MobileHelp Connect Tools
  • Fall Detection Button

Versatile Systems

MobileHelp offers three simplified, but versatile medical alert systems.

• Duo: This doubles as an in-home medical alert system and a mobile alert system. Includes a base unit.
  • Solo: This mobile alert system can be taken anywhere since the mobile device is small enough to fit in your pocket.
  • Classic: This in-home medical alert system is ideal for those who stay at home but want the security of a medical alert system. Includes a base station.

Each medical alert device is equipped with an emergency button that connects you to emergency responders at a certified monitoring center.

GPS Satellite Tracking Technology

MobileHelp's focus is GPS satellite tracking technology. The company's Anywhere Help Button is their prized feature. Compared to some other companies in the personal emergency response niche, the Anywhere Help Button doesn't require a landline phone and can be used when taking walks, in the car, shopping, or on vacation. These alert systems will not only know who you are, but where you are as well.

With this button, customers can contact help from anywhere. In the time that a cell phone 911 operator spends gathering personal information, a MobileHelp operator will have contacted the closest emergency responders and will have already explained this information to them. Help will be on the way to the customer's current location already knowing the information they need to assist them. Once help is secured, MobileHelp's operators contact the customer's family, friends, and other loved ones.

MobileHelp Connect Tools

One feature MobileHelp offers is MobileHelp Connect® - a suite of online tools to help customers and authorized caregivers, such as family members, actively participate in monitoring the subscriber's health and well-being. MobileHelp Connect standard features are available at no extra charge and premium features are offered for an additional monthly fee. MobileHelp's mobile GPS medical alert systems offer location services that can be accessed through MobileHelp Connect. Anyone with access to their Connect account can log in and lock in on the GPS device to locate their loved one. MobileHelp Connect also offers system alerts that will notify you when the equipment has a low battery, is being tested or has been activated in an emergency.  Features available will vary depending on the type of system and accessories used.

Within MobileHelp Connect there are two additional features that can be purchased for just $5 more per month: Medication Reminders and Activity Tracker.  The Medication Reminder lets users (or family members) schedule medication reminders online using the Connect portal and schedule friendly reminders to the user to take their meds every day and on time. These audio reminders come through the Cellular Base Station (included with the Classic and DUO systems). Activity Tracking allows a user to track their daily, weekly or monthly activity levels to ensure they are keeping an active lifestyle. This feature keeps family members aware of their loved one's condition as they live independently. Information is graphed through the MobileHelp Connect portal to help the user (or family members) track trends to ensure a healthy lifestyle. It is also a great feature for families of people with dementia or Alzheimer's who tend to wander off. This information is taken through their Fall Detection Pendant and is kept within the Cellular Base Station (included with the Classic and DUO systems).

MobileHelp has just released a new service called "MobileHelp Connect Premium" which provides a lifetime price guarantee, protection from replacing lost or damaged equipment, and additional discounts on added services and accessories.

Fall Detection Button

MobileHelp now offers a product called "Fall Detection Button". The Fall Detection Button is an important feature that automatically sends out an alarm if you fall and are unable to press your help button. Fall buttons have been shown to reduce injuries and deaths since there are times when seniors fall and cannot manually summon help. The Fall Button is also compatible with both their in the home and away units ensure safety precautions no matter where you are.

The Bad

• Limited to Areas Covered by AT&T
  • Additional Fee

Limited to Areas Covered by AT&T

MobileHelp only works for those who live in an areas covered by the AT&T network. Their monitoring system works with a cellular network to deliver 3G service that works both at home and while away from the home. Unfortunately, if AT&T doesn't service a specific location, MobileHelp won't work well there. The AT&T cellular network provides coverage to 97% of the continental United States, however you should find out if the service is available in your area before purchasing your system.

Additional Fee

One fine print issue concerns the Mobile Help Connect feature. MobileHelp Connect is free, but there is an additional cost of $5 per 30 additional location requests. The free feature only covers up to 30 location requests per month. This only becomes an issue if the person using the device is traveling a lot and family members have to check in on them constantly; if they are, pricing can add up.

The Bottom Line

There's no phone landline required to use the MobileHelp medical alert system. They are one of the leading providers of M-PERS or Mobile Personal Emergency Response System technology, servicing all 50 US states, so potential customers will have peace of mind knowing that a MobileHelp alert device is available everywhere. MobileHelp also offers MobileHelp Connect which is a platform that helps families track their senior loved ones while using their MobileHelp system. Read MobileHelp reviews below to hear from experiences of actual customers.

Janell
May 21st, 2018 Medford, OR DETAILS

Features that others didn't have, special price deal I was given for my Mom, good customer service so far, it was received quickly after ordering, very easy to set up

rs. Cortes from staten island N.Y.
May 21st, 2018 Staten Island, NY DETAILS

Excellent customer service & product service

Ann Dix
May 15th, 2018 Laceys Spring, AL DETAILS

I have always gotten the answers to the questions I asked

Dic
May 15th, 2018 College Station, TX DETAILS

I was treated with courtesy and respect even tho I did nit sign up.

G Krutilek
May 15th, 2018 Alameda, CA DETAILS

Have only had for 1 week.... and not needed to use it

Emily Shonberg
May 14th, 2018 DETAILS

Just for the peace of mind that I am covered 24/7.

Camilla Ryall
May 14th, 2018 Falmouth, ME DETAILS

Yes ternate I fell at home. No phone nearby to call my daughter for help and I could not get up. So for the first time I pushed the button on my bracelet and in no time at all two EMTs from our local fire department came to my rescue. And shortly after that my daughter arrived having been notified by a calming person from Mobile Help. Except for a bruised rib I am home never needing hospitalization. The system worked and I am most appreciative. Thank you so much! - Camilla Ryall.

MobileHelpMay 16, 2018

Dear Camilla, Thank you for sharing your experience! We are so happy that we could be there for you when you needed help and that you are okay. Thank you again for being such a valued part of our MobileHelp family. Best Regards, MobileHelp

Brenda P Webb
May 9th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

I just saw it on TV and decided to get it. Whenever we talk with them on the phone they are available to help. We tested it last night but I don't think it worked. Maybe I just wasn't pushing hard enough, but the alarm didn't go off. I've been meaning to call them but I've been very busy.

MobileHelpMay 16, 2018

Dear Brenda, Thank you for your review. If you are having trouble testing your equipment, please contact technical support at 877-827-6207, Option 1. We look forward to speaking to you. Best Regards, MobileHelp

La Donna Prillerman
May 9th, 2018 Daytona Beach, FL DETAILS

My cousin did the research and suggested I go with them. Any time I've called them, they have answered the questions I have. The watch part is not very attractive. The only thing is that I was looking for a device that would have the GPS part integrated into the watch or something like that. They don't have that capability and I don't know of any company that does, so I didn't really get what I was looking for in the end.

Vera Green And Belva Hancock
May 9th, 2018 Knoxville, TN DETAILS

My daughter was concerned about me falling so she was determined to get me something like this. The pendant is easy to use and handy.

Heather Jolly
May 9th, 2018 DETAILS

I did a lot of research on other companies and MobileHelp just kept coming up. They just seemed like the best company out there, so I went with it. I just received it so I've only done testing with it but it was very effective. They knew exactly who I was and where I was. They were also very nice. I'm on disability so it is a little pricey for me but you get what you're paying for so I'm willing to stick with it. They are a great company.

Elaine And John Smith
May 9th, 2018 Albert Lea, MN DETAILS

I looked at various services and they were the most consistently good in their ratings. I haven't had it for very long. I wear the pendant every day and the wristband at night. During the day my husband wears the wristband too. That one is a little bit uncomfortable, it's a little too wide, but other than that I'm satisfied with it.

MobileHelpMay 11, 2018

Dear Elaine and John, Thank you for your kind review. You can change the wrist band on your wrist help button to any standard watch band that you like. Please contact customer care at 877-827-6207 if you need any assistance. Best Regards, MobileHelp

May 9th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

We picked them because of their offer. The gadget had good benefits for us and we hoped that it could help us in case of emergency. We just got it the other day. As far as I'm concerned, everybody we've talked to in customer service has been very helpful. I've been very pleased with that.

Joan Dunleavy
May 9th, 2018 DETAILS

My children got it for me because they thought I'd be safer having it since I live alone. It has gone off a few times when I'm not even moving. That's not a big problem though, I can just cancel the alarm. The machine is just good and it works.

Marian Qualey
May 9th, 2018 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS

My daughter is a surgical nurse and she's trying to help everyone in the place where she works while also taking care of her children. I have 6 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren. My family is around me here but they have other things to do. Since I'm going to be 90 next year they felt like I needed it. I'm not too steady when I walk so I have to be really careful or I might fall. I just got the necklace, wristband, and everything else in the mail last week. While someone is around the house I don't need to put it on but if everyone is out painting a room or doing something else I have to put it on. It's good to have it on me, that way I can call for help if I need it. According to my daughter, the button was easy to assemble and the prices were decent.

Carol Royer
May 9th, 2018 Yulee, FL DETAILS

A couple of years ago I fell and fractured my pelvis. I could go nowhere and had no way to get help. That's why I decided to get it. I checked a couple of them before settling for MobileHelp. I've had it for 2 weeks or so. I take the mobile bit with me when I do volunteer work. I'm usually by myself for about an hour or so when I do that, so I just wear this thing constantly. It seems to be very well made and the necklace is just handy. I don't have to worry about it getting wet.

Jerry Brown
May 9th, 2018 Pacific, MO DETAILS

I went to a lot of companies and they had the best deal and everything. I've had it for a couple of weeks but it's a good product. They have answered every time we call. They are dependable.

Betty Powell
May 9th, 2018 Artesia, NM DETAILS

I feel like it has given my mom some more independence while still having someone available to help her at all times.

Karlene & Duane Service
May 9th, 2018 Port Charlotte, FL

My wife did the research and made the decision to get it. I wear it all the time but it has gone off twice by accident when nothing happened.

Antoinette Turner
May 9th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

There were many different reasons why I decided to get it but mainly it was my age, I'm 71, and that I had been having dizzy spells and I would walk as if I was drunk. I thought it would be best if I could have it for my safety, in case I fell on the street or somewhere where no one would be able to help me out. That's why I decided to go ahead and get MobileHelp. The other day I did something foolish. I had the neck pendant on and had a blouse on too. When I went to take it off, I forgot to take off the pendant first so that fell on the floor. Immediately it went off and they just came to the rescue. I talked to them on the phone and just told them it had been an accident. While I was doing that even the paramedics came out, but I was able to straighten the situation out. Now I've sort of trained myself to avoid doing that sort of thing, but I'm glad to know that it works. I feel safer now.

May 9th, 2018 Fayetteville, PA DETAILS

I tried another button that was too big and burdensome. This one is smaller and seems to cover a lot of the needs that elderly people have when we're alone. I got it more as an insurance policy than anything else. I wear it 24 hours a day. We called in once and customer support was very helpful. I feel much safer with this.

Mary Alice Jones
May 9th, 2018 Boyle, MS DETAILS

We needed it after a surgery, so we got it. I like that we have different things that we can wear and that it's not just one thing to depend on. They were really good when we had issues with the telephone. They always had someone there to help us solve it.

Jeannie Trojacek
May 9th, 2018 Ennis, TX DETAILS

My son bought it all for me and I'm glad I have it now. I'm satisfied with it, I haven't had any problems with it. I don't think the price is bad at all. I hope I never have to use it though.

Lynn Reigle
May 9th, 2018 Kissimmee, FL DETAILS

We got it because of the cost and the features the equipment has. The small cellphone thing just fits in one of my shirt's pockets. I haven't really had to take the mobile base with me that much. I've only really tested it but it works and it appears to be well built. The people that I've talked to have been very good. They always get my questions answered promptly and professionally. Normally I just wear it at home and when I'm out and about. I've only had one problem with them. They sent me some forms they wanted me to review and sign and, in there, they had my emergency contacts in the wrong order of priority. I called them about that and they told me to sign it and send it back anyways, that they would just update that info on their system. Thing is, they literally sent me a contract. I was not about to sign a contract that was incorrect so I insisted they sent me a corrected one. It has been well over a week and I'm still waiting on it. They got me the equipment far faster than that form.

Eddie Sanderford
May 9th, 2018 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

Primarily I picked it because of the price and the coverage they give you. All I've done is test the button and things worked fine. I had no problems with it.

Donald Krisher
May 9th, 2018 Arvada, CO DETAILS

I was desperate at the time. When I saw their ad in the AARP magazine I decided to go with it since it looked like a pretty thorough service. I got it for my husband so that I can have some peace of mind since he has some dementia. They were very instructive when it came to setting everything up. That was wonderful because, when the box came in, I didn't know how I was going to do it. They explained everything very clearly to my husband and he was able to do everything. We didn't have to have one of our kids come out and do it. On an average day he uses it when I go out in case he falls while I'm not around. It's very sensitive. We've had it go off a few times without reason and it has been quite terrifying. The voice comes on saying 'fall detected' and he'll have to reset it and let them know he's ok. It takes some time to get used to it. So far it has been far more expensive than what I thought it was going to be. In the long run I think it'll be worth it.

Thereasa Dukes
May 9th, 2018 Proctorville, OH DETAILS

My daughter got it for me. It's comfortable to wear and the people there are very polite and respectful. They are also quick to answer when I call.

May 9th, 2018 Martinez, CA DETAILS

My son in law is the one that did the research on it and thought that it sounded like the best option for me. I've been very happy with it, you get what you pay for. Customer service is very nice and they have been very helpful. The only thing that kind of bothers me about the device is the long cord on the necklace. It bothers me when I sleep with it. Other than that it's comfortable.

MobileHelpMay 11, 2018

Hello, Thank you for leaving such a kind review. Please feel free to contact technical support, and they will be happy to assist you with adjusting the lanyard, or seeing if a different one can be used for the pendant. You can reach them by dialing 877-827-6207, Option 1. Thank you again for being a valued part of our MobileHelp family! Kind Regards, MobileHelp

Richard Kasitz
May 9th, 2018 Newton, KS DETAILS

I'm 84 years old so I just wanted to be safe in case something happened and I needed help. When I saw them on a magazine I just went and called them. I've had it for a couple of days now. Customer support is very courteous and nice.

May 9th, 2018 Estherville, IA DETAILS

My son and daughter were the ones that did all of this for me. They just decided I should have it. One day I had it in my walker when it just fell to the floor. They were very quick to answer my call. I just had to tell them it had been an accident and that was it. I feel a lot safer with it now than before. I'm really glad my children got it.

Arthur And Lorraine Schmitt
May 9th, 2018 Smithtown, NY DETAILS

I saw it as the number one service on AARP. They checked all the boxes of everything I needed and, since I trust AARP, I gave them a call and signed up. The representative that I spoke with was very knowledgeable and he answered all of my questions. We've had it for 2 weeks so far. I like that it has a GPS that I can take with me wherever I go. Especially because we go down to Florida for 3 months in the winter time. That means I can take the entire device down there with me without a problem. I wear the button even in the shower and take the mobile unit when I go out. It's wonderful. We did a test with it and it worked out 100%. I totally trust them. I think it's terrific and of excellent value.

Mildred Toombs
May 9th, 2018 Mt. Dora, FL DETAILS

I got it because I can get help from them anywhere I am. I wish I had had it before. The button doesn't keep the charge for very long though.

Charles Nelson
May 8th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

Mobile Help offered everything I wanted, from the remote fall detection button, to the wristband, and the mobile bit that I can take away from my house. It's the most complete system I've seen. That's why I decided to switch from the service I had. I haven't had it for longer than a week but I think it's great judging from what I've seen. I hit the emergency button once and I got an immediate response. After that I just had to tell them it was a test. Customer service is tremendous; they respond really well. They're very polite, helpful, and very attentive to details. The service and the company are outstanding.

May 8th, 2018 Pensacola, FL DETAILS

I got it because it covers me wherever I am in the United States. They explained everything about the service to me and it was all easy to set up. They made me feel very comfortable having it and using it. I feel safe with it.

Edward Brown
May 8th, 2018 Kings Park, NY DETAILS

We just got it set up the other day. It is a little expensive'

Virginia Niebruegge
May 8th, 2018 Collinsville, IL DETAILS

My son decided to get this for me. On Sunday morning I pushed the button by accident, but they showed up when it went off.

Marjorie Boardman
May 8th, 2018 Bourbon, IN DETAILS

A family member has it and she recommended it to me. Their representative called me as soon as that family member told them about my needs. He explained everything to me in a lot of detail and I just agreed to sign up. I haven't had to use it yet, I just got it last week. It does look like it can cover everything that might happen both inside and outside my home. My relative told me they were very quick. It just seems to be top of the line kind of stuff.

Dorothy Mccollough
May 8th, 2018 Placerville, CA DETAILS

I live in a retirement building with my own apartment. I know a fellow that lives in the same building that uses them, so I decided to give them a try. My daughter is the one that talked to them and took care of everything for me since I'm hard of hearing. She seems very happy with them and so am I. It costs us $30 a month. I wear the wristband all the time, including when I go down to the dining room to eat. If I have to take the shuttle or bus to go shopping or something, I carry the other bit with me. Otherwise, I keep that one in its cradle charging.

May 8th, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS

I have fallen a couple of times and so far I have always been able to get somebody to help me. Still, I thought, there might be a time when I can't reach anyone so I need something in case that happens. I'm on social security so I have to watch every penny I spend. I checked out 4 or 5 services and they were actually cheaper, especially if I paid for 3 months or a whole year in advance. I couldn't do a year, but even with 3 months I was able to save $8 or something like that. I haven't had it for too long but I wear the device that goes around my neck with me and, when I leave, I take the other little thing in my purse. I even go to bed with it because I've woken up unable to speak before. I haven't had to call them but they explained to me what would happen when I do. Someone will call, ask me if I'm alright, and if I'm in a coma or can't talk, someone will be sent out to help me.

C.P.
May 8th, 2018 Bethlehem, PA DETAILS

I had a different system and, as soon as I got it, they charged me and everything. Thing was, the buttons wouldn't work, so I just sent it all back. They tried to send me another one but I told them I didn't need them and I went and switched to MobileHelp. They were cheaper, I only have to pay $31 or $32 a month. I take it with me every day and I've called them to test it once a month or so. I put the necklace on when I'm home and I take the watch one with me when I go out. I also have a lockbox that they gave me and 2 papers that I can put on the fridge with anything that emergency services might need to know. I didn't get this much from the other company I was with. I like everything about it.