Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Medical Alert

verified
$100 Guarantee
Trusted by Top Major Retailers

Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, the largest independent medical alarm company in North America.  Since 2004, Connect America has kept people safe and active in their homes and communities. The medical alert company offers a broad range of in-home medical, on-the-go, and tele-health solutions to consumers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide. They have been chosen by major retail chains such as CVS to be the main provider of medical alert services at over 7,000 store locations in 43 States. Connect America is a government-approved provider of advanced products and services including telehealth and remote patient monitoring in over 30 states. They have an A+ rating with the BBB.

The Good

• Multilingual Support
  • Special Offers and Price Promotions
  • No Long-term Contract
  • Certified Monitoring Centers
  • Extended Battery Life
  • 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
  • Leading Equipment and Technology
  • GPS and Fall Detection Technology

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Multilingual Support

Medical Alert monitoring centers provide multilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Alert customer service can be reached within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, and Canada.

Special Offers and Price Promotions

Depending on the specific product subscription, Medical Alert charges anywhere from $19.95 to $37.95 per month for around-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there are no set-up, activation or equipment fees. Medical Alert provides special offers frequently including free months of service and free shipping. Currently, they are running a special with prices on systems from $19.95 while supplies last.

No Long-term Contract

There are no long-term contracts and seniors can cancel Medical Alert's medical alarm services at any time. This is in great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert monitors 24/7 at fully redundant, CSAA 5 Diamond and UL certified monitoring centers.  In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

Extended Battery Life

The pendant battery life lasts up to 3 years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged in the base unit.

30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers a 30-day money back guarantee if you're not satisfied with their medical alert service.

Leading Equipment and Technology

Medical Alert offers a broad variety of systems to match any lifestyle. They have an exclusive mobile device product called Mobile Elite that offers the benefits of GPS location, fall detection, and a caregiver app. In addition to Mobile Elite, the company has two other mobile products, one of which is an all-in-one button that offers two-way communication. Medical Alert also offers in-home solutions that work with or without a landline.

GPS & Fall Detection Technology

Medical Alert has fall detection available on any medical alert system. Every medical alert button with fall detection will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. These are ideal for customers who might be at risk of falls, heart attacks, and seizures. This will provide peace of mind to older adults with these risks as well as their family members who are concerned for their safety. Medical Alert offers GPS technology on mobile systems, which allows emergency responders to locate you if you need help and can’t respond.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

The popularity of the Medical Alert brand speaks for itself. There are many pros, but there are a few points that could be classified as cons, such as the following:

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

There is a list of additional fees that consumers may need to be made aware of. Such fees occur if the unit is lost or damaged by the customer. The customer may then be charged either $150 or $350, depending on the product. Customers can avoid this fee of equipment by purchasing a protection plan which is only $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

There is no option for a system that includes activity monitoring, which some medical alert companies offer. The system doesn’t connect directly to a smartphone. Customers have to purchase the app to use their smartphones to track loved ones. Some medical alert companies offer mobile app usage for free.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company's products are top of the line with plenty of worthwhile benefits. This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system and accessories. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what real customers have to say.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Huntress Douglass
December 11th, 2018 Lumberton, NC DETAILS

They are fast responders, great with communication (checking on your service)

ROSEMARIE V. CARNLEY
December 11th, 2018 New Caney, TX DETAILS

QUICK RESPONSE WHEN ALERT BUTTON IS ACTIVATED

December 6th, 2018 Lakeland, FL DETAILS

I feel really safe with Medical Alert. I'm ninety-one years old and it gives me peace having it. When I have had to use medical alert they have been one hundred percent great and helping me I have recommended it to other people too.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Dorothy, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Margaret
December 6th, 2018 Channelview, TX DETAILS

I feel more secure when I when I wear it. They're very trustworthy.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Margaret, Thanks so much for your review! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

December 6th, 2018 Palmer, AK DETAILS

Their customer support is usually pretty good. The device has been working fine and I haven't had any problems with it.

December 6th, 2018 Fond du Lac, WI DETAILS

My device has been set off accidentally several times. I would like it if there was a way to prevent it from being set off on accident.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Please contact Barb from our escalation team on 800-226-5400, Ext. 0057 to see if there is something we can do to help sort your issues with your device. Thanks, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

December 6th, 2018 Lockport, IL DETAILS

I haven't had any problems with it. It's expsensive but I know I need it. They're also a trustworthy company.

December 6th, 2018 Alexandria, VA DETAILS

We had a problem before we got a new one because my husband would cross his arms and the device would go off and we had rescue people at the door and we didn't know what happened but we got a new one and the pendant around his neck so that hasn't happened again. They showed up at the door when it was a mistake so it works and that's what we want.

Coral
December 6th, 2018 Terre Haute, IN DETAILS

We check it every month to make sure it's working and a couple of times mine has gone off and they've called right away. I would rather have a flatter one that I can wear on the chest.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Coral, We do have a wrist version that might work better for you than your pendant. If you are interested, please reach out to our customer service team to ask about it. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Grace
December 6th, 2018 DETAILS

Whenever I have needed them, they've been there. I have trouble with hitting it accidentally quite a bit.

Patricia
December 6th, 2018 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS

It went off accidentally but they helped me with it. I have a fall detector and it seems to be too sensitive. It takes almost two minutes for someone to answer my call and I think that's too long.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Patricia, Yes, fall detection is sensitive. Please know that the occasional delay you may experience is our call center looking up all of your personal and health information before they answer so they know with whom they are speaking and what your issues are, and to can get you help or call your emergency contacts right away upon answering. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Barb
December 6th, 2018 Ortonville, MI DETAILS

Every time I've tested it, I've gotten ahold of somebody right away. They've been very personable and nice.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Barb, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Beryl
December 6th, 2018 York, PA DETAILS

I would suggest they don't send the device in a regular envelope but in a padded envelope. They had sent me one which we replaced that had been broken because there was no protective mailing.

Denise
December 6th, 2018 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

They let me know if the system's not running or if I need any help. If I hit a button the wrong way, they immediately answer to make sure everything's okay. It would be nice if they could contact doctors or whatever so they know.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Denise, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Claudia
December 6th, 2018 DETAILS

I used it two weeks ago. The doctor ordered me to get to the hospital so I used my medical alert to call an ambulance and it worked beautifully. They respond instantly when the buzzer goes off. I use the bracelet rather than the one around my neck because it's too long for me. It's very loud.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

HI Claudia, So happy to read your review! Thanks so much for your feedback. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Cheryl
December 6th, 2018 Costa Mesa, CA DETAILS

They've always answered the phone have been very polite and courteous. They've been very helpful and when I accidentally bumped into it or whatever the case may be, they call me and they found out what's going on. I'm always able to get ahold of them.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Cheryl, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

December 6th, 2018 Salem, OR DETAILS

They call me back immediately so I'm very happy with them. They are efficient even when you say that you think you need help.

Arthur
December 6th, 2018 DETAILS

They call you on the telephone and I can't get to the phone at all. I'm disabled and I couldn't get to the phone and I told them how to get through the garage and they came in. I was very satisfied. They call my son and my son comes home and they don't tell you that they're going to call.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Arthur, I am glad you are satisfied with your device! Thanks so much for your review. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Gladys
December 6th, 2018 College Grove, TN DETAILS

I used it frequently when I thought I had it rigth when I didn't and I would receive a call and we worked it out with the customer service. The customer service and I have always worked out any problems that I've had.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Gladys, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

December 6th, 2018 Lincoln City, OR DETAILS

They have been helpful but it has been somewhat confusing and takes more time than I would expect to set it up and to troubleshoot it. I'm not sure how to change the battery on the component that the person wears. I'm alerted when the battery's dead so it seems like they're monitoring that so that part works.

William
December 6th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

I accidentally pressed the button and in no time I had the emergency crew very quickly. When the agent came on it was a very quick response even though it wasn't actually an emergency. I was very happy with the quick response in both cases. Every time I've called in to check the system, I had no problem. I've gotten very good answers back.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi William, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

December 6th, 2018 Surprise, AZ DETAILS

2 or 3 times I've pressed the button to make sure it's working and someone answered.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

We are glad to know your device is working as it should. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Corinne Wilson
December 4th, 2018 Saint Augustine, FL DETAILS

I have had to return responders 2 times due to malfunctions, leaving me without protection for a short time. Personnel have mostly been very helpful though at times someone seems to want to argue with me about problem

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Corinne, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Anita Hanley
December 4th, 2018 Woodridge, IL DETAILS

changed systems was given a credit figure and ultimately received &100.00 less and could not resolve it with customer service

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Anita, Please call Barb on our escalation team to sort this issue at: 800-226-5400, Ext. 0057. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Larry
December 4th, 2018 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

They've always come and done everything I've ever needed. The only thing I don't like is that I want to be notified before they go and charge my charge card.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Larry, Please email susan.boyce(at)medicalalert.com from our escalation team with the best # to reach you and she will call you to sort this issue for you asap. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Johnnie
December 4th, 2018 Bellevue, NE DETAILS

I had accidentally called twice when I first got it but then I leaerned how to use it and I've no problem since then. I had to replace one of the buttons because I accidentally pulled it off and I got top service and I'm very pleased with the new card they have on it. It's very easy to use and stays close to your body. When I was firsting wearing it and I wasn't aware of exactly where it was, I leaned against the kitchen counter and pushed the button and before I could do anything the ambulances were here.

December 4th, 2018 Ocala, FL DETAILS

They've been very responsive to my call and seem to know what they're talking about. It's small and not getting in the way. You have the choice of the wrist or around your neck or on your clothing. It's just easy to wear and use.

Elda
December 4th, 2018 Carlsbad, CA DETAILS

I tested it. They ask you to do it once a month. So far it's working okay. The one that hangs around your neck isn't very convenient. It gets tangled up and I can't get it adjusted properly.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Elda, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Debra
December 4th, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

They were pretty helpful in helping me set it up. They understand how the system works.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Debra, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

December 4th, 2018 Southern Pines, NC DETAILS

I've had to use it twice and they've come within ten minutes. Both times they were excellent, the ambulance, the whole thing. I wear the wrist one but I think I'd much rather have the one that hangs on my neck. They've been right there when I needed them and even when I wanted to check it. They are very kind and excellent.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Dorothy, So glad your device has been a help to you and is working as it should be to keep you safe. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

John
December 4th, 2018 Dubuque, IA DETAILS

Accidentally I sent signals, maybe three or four times by accident, and right away they responded.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi John, Glad to know your device is working as it should! Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Emily
December 4th, 2018 Pasadena, MD DETAILS

I fell down a couple of times and nobody could get me up so the fire department came almost immediately. Just really very very good.

Josephine
December 4th, 2018 Orland Park, IL DETAILS

I did use it on several occasions and I was very pleased. I had the ambulance that came. They took me to the hospital. They were very good. They were right on the ball. They'd come immediately. They're very pleasant and they do everything to help you. I had a broken piece and they sent me new ones with no problem.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Josephine, So glad your Medical Alert device got you the help you needed right away! Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Mary
December 4th, 2018 Thurmont, MD DETAILS

My daughter collapsed in the living room from the couch to the floor and we pushed the button and got help here right away. It always works when we need it to.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Mary, I am so glad your device got the help you needed right away for your daughter. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Ann
December 4th, 2018 Walnut Creek, CA DETAILS

When I fell, the lady that I talked to was just marvelous. She stayed with me until the police came.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Ann, Wonderful to read this review! Thanks so much for your feedback. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Jacqueline
December 4th, 2018 Nicholasville, KY DETAILS

I fell and broke my wrist and they were there. They called both my boys and sent an ambulance ot get me.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Jacqueline, So sorry about your wrist but relieved to know Medical Alert was there to get you the help you needed quickly. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Daniel
November 28th, 2018 Zebulon, NC DETAILS

When I need to call because of a question, I like the way the support responds.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Daniel, Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Mary
November 28th, 2018 Bremerton, WA DETAILS

The customer service is on top of things to be sure. I don't like the device because I have to carry the separate speaker thing along with the device I push if I fall.

Carole
November 28th, 2018 Saint George, SC DETAILS

The customer service is always kind and polite. It didn't go off twice when I fell.

Allison Gumbs Dec 10, 2018

Hi Carole, Do you have fall detection? Please call our escalation team at 800-226-5400, Ext. 0057 if you need help testing your device to be sure it is working properly. Thanks so much for your feedback! We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Stay safe, Alex Customer Reviews Manager, Medical Alert

Elaine
November 28th, 2018 Encino, CA DETAILS

There hasn't been any problems, so your support is good. The device is convenient and works well.