Best Company Guarantee Medical Alert Logo

Medical Alert

8.1

Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, one of the largest providers of personal emergency response systems. The medical alert system provider is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.

One of the first companies of its kind in the market, Medical Alert has always taken a customer-first approach. The company offers a clean and transparent shopping experience, a full suite of dependable products to suit every lifestyle, and quality customer service. Medical Alert secured an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Medical Alert has low monthly monitoring fees and does not charge for equipment or activation. There is a lifetime warranty on all equipment, no long-term contracts, and Medical Alert offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all packages.

Read Medical Alert reviews below to learn more about the medical alert provider and its customer experiences.

The Good

• Options to Suit Every Lifestyle
  • Extended Battery Life
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Medical Alert Pricing
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Optional Fall Detection
  • Medical Alert Connect App
  • 24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA-certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond certified emergency response center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Options to Suit Every Lifestyle

Whether you’re seeking security in the comfort of your own home or you're looking for something to support your on-the-go lifestyle, Medical Alert has you covered.

With all products, a simple push of the panic button connects you instantly to a highly trained emergency response operator who determines and sends the help you need—anytime, anywhere. So whether you've suffered a serious injury or just want to notify a caretaker of your whereabouts, help is standing by.

All of the devices come with a backup battery so you’re protected in the case of a power outage, and each wearable device is incredibly lightweight and waterproof, so you can even wear the emergency buttons in the shower where accidents frequently occur.

At Home System

Medical Alert's at-home system has a two-way speakerphone alarm base that works with or without a landline, and it includes lightweight wrist and neck buttons. Just press the help button on any device and an operator will respond immediately.

Setting up the at-home system is simple. You plug the base station unit into a wall outlet to power it up, connect the phone cord (if your system requires a landline), and then turn it on. That’s it.

On-the-Go System

Medical Alert's on-the-go system is made for those who want the guarantee of help wherever they are. The system uses GPS technology to identify your location if there ever is an emergency. It includes a handheld mobile device, lightweight wrist and neck buttons, carrying case, charging cradle, and cord. Just press the help button on any device to reach an operator.

The on-the-go system is also extremely easy to set up. Just make sure the mobile device is fully charged. Once it’s charged, you’ll want to test the system by pushing the emergency button.

Extended Battery Life

The alert device battery life lasts up to three years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on at-home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged on the base unit.

No Hidden Fees

Unlike many alert companies, with Medical Alert, you won’t be hit with any activation, installment or equipment fees. You also won’t have to sign any long-term contracts. This is a great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Medical Alert offers a 30-day, risk-free Money-Back Guarantee. So if for some reason you aren’t satisfied with its service, you can cancel without penalty and without paying the first monthly fee.

Medical Alert Pricing

Medical Alert is one of the most affordable medical monitoring device companies on the market. You can pay a monthly fee, or you can opt for a semi-annual or annual plan, but you’ll get the best rate if you pay annually:

• At Home (Landline) — Starts at $19.95 per month
  • At Home (Cellular) — Starts at $29.95 per month
  • On the Go — Starts at $37.95 per month
  • On the Go (+ Button) — Starts at $39.95

Optional automatic fall detection is available for an additional $10 monthly fee. This will be tacked on to your original monthly cost. Medical Alert also offers a protection plan for any product for just $1 extra per month.

If you order today, you’ll get FREE ground shipping and one FREE month of service with any annual plan.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If for some reason you aren't satisfied with Medical Alert's services, you can return your devices for a full refund–no penalties, no fine print. And, since there are no long-term contracts, you can cancel at any time. This can provide peace of mind to customers that they can try Medical Alert's services risk-free and can have a trial period to decide if the medical alert service is the right one for them.

Optional Fall Detection

Medical Alert's emergency services include fall detection on any medical alert system. The automatic fall detection technology will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. The advanced technology is built into a special pendant and can be added to any plan for just $10 a month.

This unique feature is ideal for those at risk of falling, having a heart attack or seizure, or experiencing a medical emergency that might result in a fall. It provides peace of mind not just to the user, but also to his or her family members.

Medical Alert Connect App

It's not uncommon for medical alert companies to have caregiver tools, but Medical Alert takes it a step further by providing its own easy-to-use caregiver app. The Medical Alert Connect App is available for all Medical Alert customers. Whether you're the medical alert user, a loved one, or a caregiver, you can use the Connect App to check the medical alert device status, its contact list, as well as the device's testing schedule (the test schedule is when Medical Alert will regularly test the device to ensure it's working properly).

The app allows for multiple users, so if you have more than one medical alert device, such as for a spouse, you're able to use the app for both devices. The app sends instant notifications if a device is in use and also specifies whether it's a test or if it's an emergency. You can also contact Medical Alert directly through the Connect App. Lastly, the app has location monitoring, so you can locate the device and its user(s) at any time.

24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers 24/7 professional monitoring by highly trained, multilingual, SIA-Certified operators. The company has full redundant, U.S.-based, UL-certified monitoring centers, and provides coverage in all 50 states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

As with most medical alert companies, if the alert systems are lost or damaged by the customer, the customer may be charged a fee. However, this is easily avoidable since Medical Alert offers a protection plan for any panic button and alert system. The protection plan is only $1 extra per month, which is on the cheaper end when compared to other medical alert companies who typically charge $5 extra per month.

No Activity Monitoring

Medical Alert's monitoring service does not include activity monitoring, although most customers prefer the simplicity of the unit if they purchased them for safety. The units also don’t connect directly to a smartphone. So consumers who want to track loved ones have to download an app, but the app is free to all customers and it includes GPS tracking. You can read Medical Alert reviews below to see if this negatively affected past medical alert customers.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has had a solid reputation since it began business nearly two decades ago. The company offers a full suite of affordable, easy-to-use products designed to keep you safe at home and on the go. Medical Alert offers optional fall detection, an invaluable service through which a highly trained emergency response operator is automatically notified of a fall even if a user cannot push the help button.

Medical Alert products are lightweight, waterproof, and extremely reliable. The company has quality customer service and affordable prices, making them a great choice for those looking for safety, security, and ultimate peace of mind

This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

*Pendant coverage is subject to device location, environment, equipment, and facility conditions.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Message from
Medical Alert

As the nation’s largest independent provider of medical alert systems, Medical Alert by Connect America has helped aging Americans and other at-risk individuals live safely in their own homes for more than a decade. Our comprehensive portfolio of easy-to-use medical alert systems provides 24/7 monitoring and access to emergency response with the push of a button. At Medical Alert, we are proud to offer technology that improves the lives of those we serve, but Medical Alert is more than just technology. Our mission is to ensure that every individual has access to the life-saving benefits of receiving the right care at the right time. We are committed to bringing solutions into the home that enable independence and support aging in place. Our vision is to create a safer, healthier, and more connected environment for all who wish to live independently at home.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down
bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

bookmark

Featured Review

Marceline Garner Cameron, MO

I had only had Medical Alert 4 months, when I fell in my closed garage on 11/13/2019. My left hip was broken, and i could not get up. I pressed my Medical Alert bracelet. They contacted my daughter in Dallas, Texas, my niece locally, and within 20 minutes the responders were here. They were able to use the hidden key to gain entry, found me, and got me to ER. Without the Medical Alert, who knows how long it might have been before I was found!

bookmark

Featured Review

Barbara Cherokee Village, AR

Using the GPS has saved my life. I fell and was unconscious. When I became conscious the ambulance had already arrived because Medical alert had notified them about my accident

Lynn Brown-Jones Denver, CO

This is my first try and I have found it an interesting experience since each time the alarm has been used it was an accident, The first experience was not pleasant the second time I learned it can be used when I am at a location with a medical emergency. This was very helpful information.

Joan Helgeson San Francisco, CA

I think that your people do a terrific job! I have had some troubles with the equipment. The older version of my necklace was great, even with fall detection. The first new version also had fall detection but it was so sensitive that it would go off every time I was riding my mobility scooter. I now have a necklace without fall detection and a second one with fall detection but I don't wear it.

Rae Newman Largo, FL

I have been a loyal customer for more than 5 years....the device itself is fine, it is your billing department that I am not happy with anymore. You keep adding $10.00 a month to my original payment..last month you added 2 $10.00 charges.

Maureen Claire Cornwell Stratham, NH

It was quite a frustrating experience, 1st delivery was minus a cord, then the wrong cord...my son had to go buy one. Then there were all the false alarms bleating loudlyso, 3 strikes and you're out!

Betty Guy Finger, TN

Used 0ne time. They were here immediately. Also they had notified my daughter and she arrived about the same time.

Shrirang Lele Sarasota, FL

They have been of immense help. I have not had any occasion to use them so far. But, their response has been good.

Barbara L. Oskamp Loveland, OH

The fall alert has worked every time even though each incident was not a fall, the alarm was triggered and the phone call was received verifying that everything was okay.

Nancy Bradley Aurora, CO

Promptness and professional. Everyone I have spoken with are kind and concerned, during Covid lockdown they were fast and responsive when concerns arised

Michael Bock Ozark, MO

They advertised the fall detections pendant and it is a joke. To test it you throw it in the air and it lands on the carpet and does not go off. The place I spend most of my time is in my carpeted house or maybe outside on the grass so the alalarm would not work there. The only place that it would work is if I were to fall on concrete or a very hard surface. If I were in that type of situation then there would probably be someone to help me like in a store. I cancelled the detection pendant after about a year as I considered it as being worthless.

Deldira Shelton Houston, TX

Give peace of mine while living alone. During the winter storm my daughter received a call from medical alert to notify her that they had received irregular signals from her equipment. I was because her power had gone out due to the storm storm.

Mary Margaret Flynn San Carlos, CA

Does the job perfectly, called several times for my husband now deceased. And I feel safer here with myself but will soon move to assisted living situation. But your service which keeps me safe will be the last thing I disconnect, and then only after I have totally moved out of the house and into the senior home.

Melonie Wagner Benton, PA

Always answer when it goes off accidentally, so I know they will be there in a true emergency.

Marie Shubuta, MS

Love the system and customer service and they're always on time when I need help

Mary M Yourch Greenport, NY

I do not like having to wear two devises for it to work. I am not using it right now as I am surrounded by people. I will see about the fall.

Stanella Barnes Matthews, NC

Past performances BUT YOUR NEW BUTTON IS LARGER AND HEAVIER, DON'T LIKE USE OLD ONE.

Carroll Oliver Belton, TX

Fall detection works well. I haven't fallen but when I accidentally bump the device it responds

Rosalee Thomas Bacliff, TX

Every time I have fallen or even just hit the botton by mistake the other person on the other end is always so nice and helpful

Magdi Armanios Matawan, NJ

You have beeb charging me for a fall detector for 3 months alreafy and I tokd you I do nit need it! And I do nit have it! Pls send my money bavk! The rest of the service is very good !

Sister Sheila Richardson Wadesboro, NC

They sent me a new gizmo; I returned the old one they identified as malfunctioning; now they want me to pay $350 for the old one they say they didn't receive - but they know it's malfunctioned - I'm looking for another medical alert provider

Tania Esparza Ontario, CA

I'm getting use to it.I think is very sensitive. Sometimes the alarm goes off and there's no reason why.?I think is important to have it to protect myself. Is important for people to have it specially older people like me.

Peggy Bair / POA for Flora E. Bair York, PA

They have always responded promptly and are easy to get back to after I've checked on Flora. They follow the protocol we've set up which has been very helpful.

RUSSELL SCHOENBERGER Emporia, KS

BY THEIR IMMEDIANT RESPONSE TO MY CALL . THE QUICKNESS IN CALLING FOR EMTS AS WELL AS MY DAUGHTER... THEY ARE ALWAYS KIND AND CAREING EVEN TO MY PUSHING BUTTON BY ACCIDENT

C Atkinson Mechanicsville, VA

Satisfied multiple needs. The monitoring station was placed where my son can hear the alarm from his bedroom. I can trigger the alarm from my bedroom to summon him. He can turn off the alarm quick enough that Med Alert does not need to respond, while coming to render me assistance.

Peggy Wilson Knoxville, TN

They have called in paramedics to help me get up when I fall or when I am sick. The equipment is really good. The call button has a case to use. It can go in a purse or on a belt. Also, like the bracelet option instead of the necklace. When I wear the necklace, I set it off accidentally. Staff have always been friendly and helpful.

Gracie Wilsey Endicott, NY

The latest version that detects falls is too large. I have accidentally pressed the alert twice.

Cindie Beans Horsham, PA

I have had only good help from all. I like easiness of how it works.

Mary Ann Macinko Ellensburg, WA

easy to use and very attentive, reliable, and follows me everywhere I go

Catherine Good Richmond, VA

They are fairly responsive but the one time that my Mother fell, the medical alert pendant did not work.

Katie Gotro Fort Myers, FL

My 91-year-old blind mother falls frequently, and when she cannot get up, she simply pushes her button and within minutes the EMS team arrives and helps her up and make sure she is OK. Before she had the medical alert, she fell and laid on the floor all night long next to her bed. I never want this to happen again! The device allows my mom to live independently for as long as possible.

Daniel zCady Grand Blanc, MI

Always aware of device movement, prompt calls, not sure exactly how the emergency process, vague explanations

Doris McWilliams Almont, MI

The equipment works well, including the charger and I had one emergency recently and it was handled quickly and taken care of perfectly.

Mary E Fierro Trinidad, CO

When I accidently push the button on he pendant I had to rush down stairs to cancel the EMT. There was no speaker on the pendant. I could have fallen down the stairs in my rush.

Carolyn Morey Holiday, FL

The service is good. They also have good customer service and call you with reminders to test your device, a good feature. Price is a little high in comparison to Life Protect which has a one-piece device, no separate base.

Kelly Hagenbuch Concord, NH

There way of communicating with people isn’t great especially when there dealing with people with disabilities. Medical Alert kept calling me repeatedly regarding billing issues. I don’t pay the medical alert bill....it comes out of my trust fund. It’s in my medical alert file.

Mary Cleaver Lewisville, TX

Because when you need them they are there immediately.

Dorothy Two Rivers, WI

We were supposed to get a refund for returning the fall medallion and hsve not seen it yet.

SANDRA M LEE Myrtle, MO

Because they are prompt and concerned about the customer's needs! Very understanding of your condition.

Rose Ferrara Randolph, NJ

It sometimes goes off for no reason. I have no way to communicate unless I am right near the base, and cannot always get there quickly.

Charlotte Ellison Marianna, AR

I live in a small farming town wandered the only complaint I have is the ambulance service is rather slow

Nancy Miller Fisherville, KY

No problems in any way--unless too sensitive. Service people are so kind and patient.

Ann Chesley Snowflake, AZ

It saved my life in January, 2021 when I fell in the middle of the night. They were here within 10 minutes.

penny markel Glen Rock, PA

they answer me right away and i feel saft knowing their there keep up good work i also had a neighbor sign up for.

Walter Turner Augusta, GA

Great customer service. Haven't had to use the system but great knowing it's there in case of an emergency.

Dennis Hladik Enid, OK

My father in-law is unable to hear well enough to understand what is being said over the cell phone type unit. You need to figure out a way to make it louder.

Clara P. Johnstown, NY

Because they are dependable. Let me know if I have not charged my necklace. No worries if I am alone.

Wanda Mckahan Uniontown, PA

They have always answered when I have called. Even when it was a accident...they reached out to my daughter promptly..I feel safe..

Elizabeth Cravens Albuquerque, NM

Assistance has been readily available each time contact was made. All people I spoke with were polite and patient to listen to issues and requests.

David K Bend, OR

Their customer service has been outstanding and the product works great. The peace of mind for my family is worth the price.