Medical Alert

Medical Alert Logo

Medical Alert

verified
Trusted by Top Major Retailers

Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, one of the largest providers of personal emergency response systems. The company is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.

One of the first companies of its kind in the market, Medical Alert has always taken a customer-first approach. The company offers a clean and transparent shopping experience, a full suite of dependable products to suit every lifestyle, and quality customer service. Medical Alert secured an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Medical Alert has low monthly monitoring fees and does not charge for equipment or activation. There is a lifetime warranty on all equipment, there are no long-term contracts, and Medical Alert offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all packages.

Read Medical Alert reviews below to learn more about the medical alert provider and its customer experiences.

The Good

• Options to Suit Every Lifestyle
  • Extended Battery Life
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Medical Alert Pricing
  • Automatic Fall Detection
  • 24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Options to Suit Every Lifestyle

Whether you’re seeking security in the comfort of your own home or you're looking for something to support your on-the-go lifestyle, Medical Alert has you covered.

With all products, a simple push of the panic button connects you instantly to a highly trained emergency response operator who determines and sends the help you need—anytime, anywhere. So whether you've suffered a serious injury or just want to notify a caretaker of your whereabouts, help is standing by. All of the devices come with battery back-up so you’re protected in the case of a power outage, and they are all incredibly lightweight and waterproof, so you can even wear them in the shower–where accidents frequently occur.

At Home System:

Medical Alert's at-home system has a two-way speakerphone alarm base that works with or without a landline, and it includes lightweight wrist and neck buttons. Just press the help button on any device and an operator will respond immediately.

Setting up the at-home system is simple. You plug the base station unit into a wall outlet to power it up, connect the phone cord (if your system requires a landline) and then turn it on. That’s it.

On-the-Go System (MobileElite):

Medical Alert's on-the-go system is made for those who want the guarantee of help wherever they are. The system uses GPS technology to identify your location if there ever is an emergency. It includes a handheld mobile device, lightweight wrist and neck buttons, carrying case, charging cradle, and cord. Just press the help button on any device to reach an operator.

The on-the-go system is also extremely easy to set up. Just make sure the mobile device is fully charged. Once it’s charged, you’ll want to test the system by pushing the emergency button.

Extended Battery Life

The alert device battery life lasts up to three years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on at-home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged on the base unit.

No Hidden Fees

Unlike many alert companies, with Medical Alert, you won’t be hit with any activation, installment or equipment fees. You also won’t have to sign any long-term contracts. This is a great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Medical Alert offers a 30-day, risk-free Money-Back Guarantee. So if for some reason you aren’t satisfied with its service, you can cancel without penalty and without paying the first monthly fee.

Medical Alert Pricing

Medical Alert is one of the most affordable medical monitoring device companies on the market. You can pay monthly, semi-annually, or annually, but you’ll get the best rate if you pay annually:

• At Home (Landline): Starts at $18.29/mo.
  • At Home (No Landline): Starts at $25.62/mo.
  • On The Go (MobileElite): Starts at $32.04/mo.

Automatic Fall Detection is available for an additional $10 in additional to your original monthly cost.

If you order today, you’ll get FREE ground shipping and one FREE month of service with any annual plan.

Automatic Fall Detection

Medical Alert's emergency services include fall detection on any medical alert system. The fall detection technology will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. The advanced technology is built into a special pendant and can be added to any plan for just $10 a month.

This unique feature is ideal for those at risk of falling, having a heart attack or seizure, or experiencing a medical emergency that might result in a fall. It provides peace of mind not just to the user, but also to his or her family members.

24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers 24/7 professional monitoring by highly trained, multilingual, SIA-Certified operators. The company has full redundant, U.S.-based, UL-certified monitoring centers, and provides coverage in all 50 states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If for some reason you aren't satisfied with Medical Alert's services, you can return your devices for a full refund–no penalties, no fine print. And, since there are no long-term contracts, you can cancel at any time. This can provide peace of mind to customers that they can try Medical Alert's services risk-free and can have a trial period to decide if the medical alert service is right one for them.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

As with most medical alert companies, if the alert systems are lost or damaged by the customer, the customer may be charged a fee. However, this is easily avoidable since Medical Alert offers a protection plan for any panic button and alert system for just $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

Medical Alert's monitoring service does not include activity monitoring, although most customers prefer the simplicity of the unit if they purchased them for safety. The units also don’t connect directly to a smartphone. So customers who want to track loved ones have to purchase an app, but it’s less than $8 per month. You can read Medical Alert reviews below to see if this negatively affected past medical alert customers.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has had a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company offers a full suite of affordable, easy-to-use products designed to keep you safe at home and on the go. Medical Alert offers Automatic Fall Detection, an invaluable service through which a highly trained emergency response operator is notified of a fall even if a user cannot push the help button. Medical Alert products are lightweight, waterproof, and extremely reliable. The company has quality customer service and affordable prices, making them a great choice for those looking for safety, security and ultimate peace of mind

This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Debbie's chandler
April 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

Good service and service and help great help on lost itemized

Margo B. Sisson
April 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

I've had excellent service from Medical Alert. I've never actually needed them, but occasionally I hit my button by mistake and they always respond. I feel guilty thinking I am bothering them, but they have never made me feel this way. - Even though I have rated them very high, I recently had a situation where I was mistakenly charged double for a new medical alert. I called them and they credited the $50.00 overcharge. However, I was charged $54.50 and and to date I have not been refunded the $4.50. I realize it's a small amount, but it's the principle of the issue. They overcharged me and they should refund me for the full amount.

Beverly Solomon
April 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

The 2 times I fell I was outside of my house and the button didn't reach the base in the house.

Delores Mertz
April 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

It is very good and it is a good product . customer service people are so polite .

Dorothy Felgate
April 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

Although I have not had mine for very long, I feel confident about going out of town. The doctor suggested that I should not leave the city, but with the medical alert I can travel in Canada.

Naomi DiRago. (Neice)
April 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

It gives us, (the family) piece of mind in the event of a fall. However the person who is benefiting from the service believes it is a waste of money and refuses to wear her bracelet. Her family is grateful that there are several buttons in her home in the event of the inevitable fall. She believes we should cancel the service because she has never had to use it! Very frustrating for family who live a good distance from her.

Carole Diaz
April 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

It was a more reasonable device & easy to operate.

Carol Miller
April 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

They are quick to answer your questions. I am simply put out of one thing. I did not even have the device for two months and was informed that I had to get another device for around my neck to do different things. I think because it was so new I should have gotten it to begin with and not made to pay an additonal $40.00 for it. If this happens again I will simply cancel it. It is not as if I am senile because I still drive to and from work and work every day!

Ruth
April 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

They are very knowledgeable to deal with.

Mary Downey
April 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

The company does not read messages regarding who to call regarding new tools.

FRANCES FEROLIE
April 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

I have not called on this problem because I do not have my cell phone, I expect it to be returned before the end of MAY. THE PROBLEM IS the alarm went off AGAIN when I wasn't home. House was empty. The POLICE, SHERIFF AMBULENCE ETC CAME. They have informed me that THIS FALS ALARM, would be billed to me. I need you to send someone to check out system, I can not use it when I am not home, for fear it will go off AGAIN. INOW HAVE A LAND PHONE, NO GOOD IF I AM OUT. THE NO IS 386 337 1408. I hope this will be addressed ASAP. THANKYOU FRAN FEROLIE

Jim
April 22nd, 2019 North Rose, NY DETAILS

I was 4 1/2 feet off the ground and fell. The automatic fall detection did not work. When I called to discuss issue I was told that the device needs to hit the ground, I wear it in front of me I fell and landed on my shoulder and back, not happy. Person I spoke to said as long as you’re not hurt you can push a button and It will work. What part of fall detection does this person not get. I am returning the device. What happened to me was just the reason I opted to get this device. Ago 68 live along.

Clare
April 11th, 2019 Columbia, MO DETAILS

It had all the features I wanted. When I have tested it, it always works and I think it is a good product and I am glad to have it.

Valerie
April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Very easy to use and I find it very efficient. I did a lot of research on other brands and companies before deciding on Medical Alert. I have the GPS because we do a lot of bike riding and I wanted security if something happened. I feel confident if I have an emergency that they will be on top of it. When I do my tests they are right there. Anybody I have interfaced with has been more than courteous and they take the time to explain stuff. They are always there when I pick up the phone.

Virginia
April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

When I first got it, I wore it around my neck and after less than a week it broke and the button was lost so I had to do reorder and purchase a maintenance program in case it broke again. I was not happy about that but I have been wearing it on my wrist now and it is a little uncomfortable and gets in the way of writing and typing and things like that. I have accidentally pushed the button a few times and they have responded and taken care of it. They respond right away and keep responding until I answer and I think it is very good and attentive.

April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Medica Alert is always helpful with answering questions and walking me through things. I have always been satisfied when I have questions. I know they are there if I need them. I feel comfortable having it because I am a widow who lives alone. I wear the bracelet all the time. It is expensive and hard for me to keep up but I feel I need it in case of an emergency.

Virginia
April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

I saw it in a magazine and decided it was the right thing for me for the purpose of an emergency. I appreciate the help I get when I call for something.

Charlotte
April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

My husband had Medical Alert and used it two or three times and they were wonderful and so I got it for me. I feel secure because I have it because if I fall, I think they will be here for me. It is expensive but I think it is important to have in case I fall so I think the money is worth it.

Edward
April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

I have received very good service when I call with questions and they get back with me.

Dorothy
April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Had it for four years. Customer support asks for questions when I call but they never really informed me how to use the device, which is complicated but okay.

Albert
April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

it's worth the amount of money you pay for it. I am very happy with them. I use it in the mornings when I go for my mile long walks and when I run my medical appointments and stuff like that. It works and anytime I have accidentally dropped it or do something I shouldn't, it goes off and they are there. They have great customer service, they call and make sue verything is okay and the device is working.

Rosalie
April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

I like the idea of the wristband plus the thing around your neck but I don't like wearing it. I wish it wound come in white instead of black but it is very convenient and it doesn't get in the way. I feel comfortable that I have it. They answer right away and were here within minutes.

Carol
April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

I like the fact that you can take it wherever you go. They are fast to come to your attention when you need help. Their customer service is fine.

Jean
April 11th, 2019 Media, PA DETAILS

At the time we though it offered everything we wanted to make it a safe and effective service. They don't have their billing figured out yet so we're still having an issue with that.

Joy
April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

I have got no complaints about it. The price seems to be fair. I would definitely recommend them. They seem to be pretty accurate and they are always there if I test it or accidentally hit it.

Anthony
April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

I would recommend Medical Alert; I think they're good and there for you in an emergency. When I test they call right back and they seem very efficient, I have never had to use it in an emergency but I test is every once in a while. Any time I ask a question, they seem to have the answers for me.

April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

I've had this sort of system before for years but I just moved so I had to get a new one. I found their ad and I thought I would check them out and I was very impressed. I know it is there if I need it and that's very good. I accidentally pushed the button one time and they called me back right away to see if there was a problem. They are a little expensive.

Pat
April 11th, 2019 Twin Falls, ID DETAILS

I would not recommend it because of the expense of it. Instead of the ten dollars a month we'll buy the new equipment when it comes out.

Nester
April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

It's always been there and any problem is solved right way. It's been perfect, no problems.

April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

It was a gift from my son because I have been to the hospital several times and it has certainly helped me when I really needed them. One of the best things about it is they're here in five minutes. They respond quickly and effectively. With no one else to call it is very important they got here in a timely fashion.

Barbara
April 11th, 2019 Prineville, OR DETAILS

They're always there for me when I have called them. It has been a very positive experience.

Donald
April 11th, 2019 Starkville, MS DETAILS

Customer service is always top notch. The service is nice and they have been quick. The device is good and easy and could save my life one day.

Sybil
April 11th, 2019 Fayetteville, NC DETAILS

Convenient and easy to use and good to have around though kind of expensive.

Charles
April 11th, 2019 Maple Grove, MN DETAILS

By far the best out there. I have a problem of falling every couple of hours per day and theirs is the only product that I found that had the proper amount of coverage.

Allan
April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

They have always been able to help me and it works. This afternoon I leaned against something and it went off.

Arlene
April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Easy to carry around the apartment and the main unit is right there in the middle so it's convenient. I wear it around my neck when I am at home. Once I accidentally set it off when I was sleeping and they were very attentive to see if I was alright. Sometimes I think the microphone isn't loud enough when I am in the shower but I was able to communicate with someone when I tested it.

April 11th, 2019 San Ysidro, CA DETAILS

I'm happy and satisfied with it. When I call, they pay attention right away and I get service before thirty minutes. They call me to see if everything is okay. I have tried others and I think I got the better one.

Gwen
April 11th, 2019 Clovis, CA DETAILS

Every time I have had to use it there has been someone here fast. It has been excellent, I have not waited more than ten minutes for them to be through the front door.

Julia
April 11th, 2019 Whitesburg, GA DETAILS

Customer service is very knowledgeable and friendly. They answer the phone quickly when you call and ask a question. I researched several companies and I was pleased with the presentation and the personality of the sales person.

April 11th, 2019 Gaylord, MI DETAILS

I don't see a way it could be any better. When I talk to them, they help me a great deal. I even lost the first one and I was little nervous but they sent me a new one immediately and I thought that was fantastic.

Richard
April 11th, 2019 Dodge City, KS DETAILS

Medical Alert keeps us informed, if the battery goes down and if they think we need help they will call. It is very easy to push the button accidentally.

Charlotte
April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Had a problem with my last service so I decided to ty this one. I have used it twice by accident, so I know it works. The only problem I have is if I wear it and I bump my arm, I have the police at my door.

Regina
April 11th, 2019 Saint Clair, PA DETAILS

They are prompt and always courteous. It is easy to use and convenient and not very expensive. My family got it for me because I am by myself and they wanted to make sure that if anything happens, somebody would be able help. One time in the middle of the night I bumped the unit and people came to my door and they were banging on the door and I answered it and said I was okay. It's nice to know that if something happened they would be here quickly.

Robert
April 11th, 2019 Lancaster, PA DETAILS

Response time is really good and the device is really loud so my dad can hear it really well. One time my dad fell out of his chair and couldn't get himself back up and the paramedics came and were able to get him back in his chair. The people are always helpful though I have had to call for different reasons and I do have to wait quite a while because they are pretty busy.

Dwight
April 11th, 2019 Folsom, CA DETAILS

I think Medical Alert is kind of expensive but it works good. Every time I call they answer and when I tested it they answered immediately.

Eric
April 11th, 2019 Buford, GA DETAILS

I suffer from a serious illness affecting but lungs and I have it with me all day. The device gets immediate notification to the command center and they respond rapidly.

Beverly
April 11th, 2019 Laguna Woods, CA DETAILS

Recently I had to use it because I was having breathing problems and I pushed the button and got wonderful service immediately. The are very responsive and kind. They are very kind when I have accidentally set it off and accepted my explanations. The machine is handy and very comfortable, you don't even realize you have it on. I would recommend it highly.

Donna
April 11th, 2019 Mission Viejo, CA DETAILS

I've had it for a few years and I haven't had to use it for a fall but I like the fact that I know that I have it available working for me, it gives me peace of mind. It is easy to use. I am unhappy that the new device in one I shouldn't be sleeping in and the wristband is difficult to put on. The hole is too short and have an extremely difficult time clasping it. I am very unhappy with the wrist device now but until just recently I was feeling very positive. Also I have started paying more and since I don't like the wristband I was unhappy about that too.

Richard
April 11th, 2019 Winder, GA DETAILS

They are either too sensitive or not sensitive enough, especially the fall detector. I have had several false alarms when nobody pressed the button and the first responders came to my door because we couldn't get to the phone because it was my old phone number. I called on Saturday and the office was closed and I couldn't reach any nobody and that disturbs me. There is a lot of room for improvement.

Dorothy
April 11th, 2019 Hopkins, MN DETAILS

It went off once automatically when I touched something accidentally and it proved to be good.