Best Company Guarantee Medical Alert Logo

Medical Alert

7.8

Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, one of the largest providers of personal emergency response systems. The company is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.

One of the first companies of its kind in the market, Medical Alert has always taken a customer-first approach. The company offers a clean and transparent shopping experience, a full suite of dependable products to suit every lifestyle, and quality customer service. Medical Alert secured an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Medical Alert has low monthly monitoring fees and does not charge for equipment or activation. There is a lifetime warranty on all equipment, there are no long-term contracts, and Medical Alert offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all packages.

Read Medical Alert reviews below to learn more about the medical alert provider and its customer experiences.

The Good

• Options to Suit Every Lifestyle
  • Extended Battery Life
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Medical Alert Pricing
  • Optional Fall Detection
  • 24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond, fully redundant emergency monitoring center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each in-home Medical Alert system includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Options to Suit Every Lifestyle

Whether you’re seeking security in the comfort of your own home or you're looking for something to support your on-the-go lifestyle, Medical Alert has you covered.

With all products, a simple push of the panic button connects you instantly to a highly trained emergency response operator who determines and sends the help you need—anytime, anywhere. So whether you've suffered a serious injury or just want to notify a caretaker of your whereabouts, help is standing by. All of the devices come with battery back-up so you’re protected in the case of a power outage, and they are all incredibly lightweight and waterproof, so you can even wear them in the shower–where accidents frequently occur.

At Home System

Medical Alert's at-home system has a two-way speakerphone alarm base that works with or without a landline, and it includes lightweight wrist and neck buttons. Just press the help button on any device and an operator will respond immediately.

Setting up the at-home system is simple. You plug the base station unit into a wall outlet to power it up, connect the phone cord (if your system requires a landline), and then turn it on. That’s it.

On-the-Go System

Medical Alert's on-the-go system is made for those who want the guarantee of help wherever they are. The system uses GPS technology to identify your location if there ever is an emergency. It includes a handheld mobile device, lightweight wrist and neck buttons, carrying case, charging cradle, and cord. Just press the help button on any device to reach an operator.

The on-the-go system is also extremely easy to set up. Just make sure the mobile device is fully charged. Once it’s charged, you’ll want to test the system by pushing the emergency button.

Extended Battery Life

The alert device battery life lasts up to three years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works up to 72 hours on at-home medical alert systems. Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged on the base unit.

No Hidden Fees

Unlike many alert companies, with Medical Alert, you won’t be hit with any activation, installment or equipment fees. You also won’t have to sign any long-term contracts. This is a great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Medical Alert offers a 30-day, risk-free Money-Back Guarantee. So if for some reason you aren’t satisfied with its service, you can cancel without penalty and without paying the first monthly fee.

Medical Alert Pricing

Medical Alert is one of the most affordable medical monitoring device companies on the market. You can pay monthly, semi-annually, or annually, but you’ll get the best rate if you pay annually:

• At Home (Landline) — Starts at $19.95 per month
  • At Home (Cellular) — Starts at $29.95 per month
  • On the Go — Starts at $37.95 per month
  • On the Go (+ Button) — Starts at $39.95

Optional Fall Detection is available for an additional $10 in addition to your original monthly cost.

If you order today, you’ll get FREE ground shipping and one FREE month of service with any annual plan.

Optional Fall Detection

Medical Alert's emergency services include fall detection on any medical alert system. The fall detection technology will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. The advanced technology is built into a special pendant and can be added to any plan for just $10 a month.

This unique feature is ideal for those at risk of falling, having a heart attack or seizure, or experiencing a medical emergency that might result in a fall. It provides peace of mind not just to the user, but also to his or her family members.

24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers 24/7 professional monitoring by highly trained, multilingual, SIA-Certified operators. The company has full redundant, U.S.-based, UL-certified monitoring centers, and provides coverage in all 50 states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If for some reason you aren't satisfied with Medical Alert's services, you can return your devices for a full refund–no penalties, no fine print. And, since there are no long-term contracts, you can cancel at any time. This can provide peace of mind to customers that they can try Medical Alert's services risk-free and can have a trial period to decide if the medical alert service is the right one for them.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

As with most medical alert companies, if the alert systems are lost or damaged by the customer, the customer may be charged a fee. However, this is easily avoidable since Medical Alert offers a protection plan for any panic button and alert system for just $5 a month.

No Activity Monitoring

Medical Alert's monitoring service does not include activity monitoring, although most customers prefer the simplicity of the unit if they purchased them for safety. The units also don’t connect directly to a smartphone. So consumers who want to track loved ones have to purchase an app, but the app is free to all customers. You can read Medical Alert reviews below to see if this negatively affected past medical alert customers.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert has had a solid reputation over the 10-plus years it has been in business. The company offers a full suite of affordable, easy-to-use products designed to keep you safe at home and on the go. Medical Alert offers optional Fall Detection, an invaluable service through which a highly trained emergency response operator is notified of a fall even if a user cannot push the help button. Medical Alert products are lightweight, waterproof, and extremely reliable. The company has quality customer service and affordable prices, making them a great choice for those looking for safety, security and ultimate peace of mind

This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Message from
Medical Alert

As the nation’s largest independent provider of medical alert systems, Medical Alert by Connect America has helped aging Americans and other at-risk individuals live safely in their own homes for more than a decade. Our comprehensive portfolio of easy-to-use medical alert systems provides 24/7 monitoring and access to emergency response with the push of a button. At Medical Alert, we are proud to offer technology that improves the lives of those we serve, but Medical Alert is more than just technology. Our mission is to ensure that every individual has access to the life-saving benefits of receiving the right care at the right time. We are committed to bringing solutions into the home that enable independence and support aging in place. Our vision is to create a safer, healthier, and more connected environment for all who wish to live independently at home.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down
bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

bookmark

Featured Review

CoasterRider Show Low, AZ

We have this service for our mom. She feels protected and we feel secure when we aren't able to be with her that she has help available at her fingertips. She is able to push the button on her necklace and the local EMTs come to her aid.

bookmark

Featured Review

Katie Gotro Fort Myers, FL

My 91-year-old blind mother falls frequently, and when she cannot get up, she simply pushes her button and within minutes the EMS team arrives and helps her up and make sure she is OK. Before she had the medical alert, she fell and laid on the floor all night long next to her bed. I never want this to happen again! The device allows my mom to live independently for as long as possible.

J. Murphy Natick, MA

I really haven't had to use it yet. So far they have been very responsive to questions.

Barbara Sanders Charlotte, NC

Delivered immediately , easily to install

Victoria Jackson Westminster, CA

Quick response to the button going off!!

Dolores Lawson Walton, KY

Because they respond quickly when the button is pressed

Donna Hammond Reno, NV

They seem to be on alter when the button goes off.

Martha Ngosi

It's sometimes takes too long to respond when calling them on weekends.

harriet j barack Stoughton, MA

because they regularly remind me to test my system

Stephen Valentine Sparks, NV

easy to use; nice have comfort of knowing I am safe

Anonymous Anaheim, CA

The new type is too large and heavy and the necklace gets tangled. Mine is super sensitive. I held two inches from my chest as I buttoned my blouse, let it land on my chest and it called for help.

Spring Youngman Rancho Cordova, CA

Poor customer service. Receive calls to update my service, I say no and feel pressured to accept offer. When I call to end service, I am told the person I am being transferred to will instruct me on how to remove battery to prevent the device activating while in transport back to you and I get no such instructions. This happened both times I returned devices. I call to replace a pendant and told it will arrive in 3 to 5 business days and two weeks later I call back to follow up on why it has not arrived and after speaking with the correct department the pendant arrives shortly after thereafter. I am told refunds take up to 30 days and 30 days later I am calling back to check on the status of my refund and having to wait another 30 days to receive the refund. Also, when I make a follow up call the person who answers my call tells me they don't see notes in my account regarding the previous call and have to speak with their supervisor to be told what to do enable to help me. No one seems to be on the same page there. Your customer representitives are caught off guard when I tell them about the notes I took from my last conversation with a person there or when I tell them according to FedEx you did receive the devise returned to you and the location, date and time it was received at your facility. I am currently still waiting for my refund that should have been received March 10, 2021.

Lurline Carrboro, NC

Good service that calls me even when I accidentally push the button.

Evelyn

Easy and reliable for our elderly. It can be handled effectively by the client. It gives security and peace of mind for the family and care givers. We know our mom is safe throughout her home and property.

Jenny Dominguez Miami, FL

They call me immediately even if I accidentally hit the motion detector

Carol Independence, OH

Slow answer times when we have tested system. Also added charges for features not ordered. We are working on getting a credit

Sandi Vista, CA

When used, the response is immediate & the fall detection is very sensitive.

Rose Klukan Northfield, OH

Wish it was smaller and not so heavy It would be easier to carry around your neck.

Theresa cole Pompton Plains, NJ

Everyone is on top of my service and even notifies me when my battery is low

Bernis Kleinschmidt Miamisburg, OH

Havent had to use mine thank goodness. But I love that it's waterproof and can go anywhere with mr.

Rosemary Hudson, NY

Should be easier way to check in. A little slow on response to ck in

MARTHA WARWICK Apache Junction, AZ

used it twice with great success, the response was immediate and professional

PHYLLIS MIRCHIN Hackensack, NJ

PROMPT ANSWER TO THE PHONE (EVEN THO I DID IT BY MISTAKE) AND COURTESY

JeanMazza Glen Ellyn, IL

Need to charge once a day which doesn’t work for. me

Tef Burlington, WI

Can never each them by phone. Long time on hold then the call is dropped. Even when I try to respond to there letter to continue ins. coverage on the mobie unit.

Donna Stephens Saint Louis, MO

Always answer if I’m checking device and if I accidentally drop it

Judy ybl Alhambra, CA

Never had to use it so far but they are nice when I check in

MaryHelen Plumb Portland, OR

Not much help when there is a power outage. And the repition of "calling for help" gadget that does not respond but repeats its message every couple of minutes, with no response available,quite frustrating. Have haD FOR SEVERAL YEARS, VERY SATISFIED, BUT POWER OUTAGE WAS A NEW EXP[PERIENCE

Johnson Baltimore, MD

Because it alerts the team very quick and it’s very useful for me.

Bob Zolotor Kansas City, MO

System doesn't consistently answer falls, and doesn't recognize the cancel alert button

Randall M. Honolulu, HI

Account Executive very clear in explaining the details to the program and very good listener. Excellent Customer service

Doris Aveyard Knoxville, TN

They mailed an item my mother didn't ask for, we had to mail it back and it's been terrible trying to get credit, was told a supervisor would call us and they never did.

I Ellwanger Charlotte, NC

Good quality trustworthy good value for the money. Good customer service

William M Winslow Seekonk, MA

I accidently pushed the button once. unknowenly. Help came.

Bernadette New Albany, IN

Notified us of low battery. It would be nice is the necklace unit was a little bit lighter to wear

Linda Young Wilkes-Barre, PA

The slightest movement I get a call to make sure everything is ok

Susan Wade Dayton, OH

The only thing I don't like is the size. wish it was smaller.

Mildred Columbia, TN

It works for me. They answer when I call them.

Barbara Hampton, GA

They’re very quick to respond; very pleased with their customer service

Sheryl Denver, CO

Great customer service and product quality

Elke Quade Independence, OH

My mother accidentally hit the button and we were called immediately to determine if there was a problem.

Antoinette DeGaetano Brooklyn, NY

Much mixup before receiving the necklaces, required multiple phone calls

Vicki Hoffman Hudson, FL

Cust Service Reps explain everything to my satisfaction. Easy to test call button and pendant battery. I mistaken hit the call button and immediately received a response from Medical Alert making sure I was OK.

Donna Christianson Ferndale, WA

Anytime I've accidently pushed the button, the alarm goes off immediatly

Anonymous Antioch, TN

Good service and follow up. Reminders when I would forget to charge it or test it.

Cheik El khazen Ventura, CA

I am not satisfied with your service. Also you charged me an extra 10$ a month and no service for it

Nancy Totzke Gray Court, SC

Very handy but to hard to wear with glasses that also are held out of use around my neck. When working it bangs against things like sink.

Beth B Wright Cherryville, NC

I have had good service with Medical Alert!

Shirley Aubertine Eugene, OR

Always there. Difficult checkin and strong around neck

Robin Salisbury, NC

System works great. Service is the best out there.