Best Company Guarantee Medical Alert Logo

Medical Alert

8.1

LAST UPDATED: October 11th, 2021

Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, one of the largest providers of personal emergency response systems. The medical alert system provider is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.

One of the first companies of its kind in the market, Medical Alert has always taken a customer-first approach. The company offers a clean and transparent shopping experience, a full suite of dependable products to suit every lifestyle, and quality customer service. Medical Alert secured an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Medical Alert has low monthly monitoring fees and does not charge for equipment or activation. There is a lifetime warranty on all equipment, no long-term contracts, and Medical Alert offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all packages.

Read Medical Alert reviews below to learn more about the medical alert provider and its customer experiences.

The Good

• Options to Suit Every Lifestyle
  • Extended Battery Life
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Medical Alert Pricing
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Optional Fall Detection
  • Medical Alert Connect App
  • 24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA-certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond certified emergency response center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each Home Medical Alert System includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Options to Suit Every Lifestyle

Whether you’re seeking security in the comfort of your own home or you're looking for something to support your Mobile lifestyle, Medical Alert has you covered.

With all products, a simple push of the panic button connects you instantly to a highly trained emergency response operator who determines and sends the help you need — anytime, anywhere. So whether you've suffered a serious injury or simply want to notify a caretaker of your whereabouts, help is standing by.

All of the systems come with a backup battery so you’re protected in the case of a power outage, and each wearable system is incredibly lightweight and waterproof, so you can even wear the emergency buttons in the shower where accidents frequently occur.

Home System

Medical Alert's Home System has a two-way speakerphone alarm base that works with or without a landline, and it includes lightweight wrist and neck buttons. Just press the help button on any system and an operator will respond immediately.

Setting up the Home system is simple. You plug the base station unit into a wall outlet to power it up, connect the phone cord (if your system requires a landline), and then turn it on. That’s it.

Mobile System

Medical Alert's Mobile System is made for those who want the guarantee of help wherever they are. The system uses GPS technology to identify your location if there ever is an emergency. It includes a handheld mobile system, lightweight bracelet, lanyard buttons, carrying case, charging cradle, and cord. Just press the help button on any system to reach an operator.

The Mobile System is also extremely easy to set up. Just make sure the mobile system is fully charged. Once it’s charged, you’ll want to test the system by pushing the emergency button.

Extended Battery Life

The Medical Alert System's battery life lasts up to three years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works for up to 72 hours on Home Medical Alert Systems. The Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged on the base unit.

No Hidden Fees

Unlike many alert companies, with Medical Alert, you won’t be hit with any activation, installment or equipment fees. You also won’t have to sign any long-term contracts. This is a great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Medical Alert offers a 30-day, risk-free Money-Back Guarantee. So if for some reason you aren’t satisfied with its service, you can cancel without penalty and without paying the first monthly fee.

Medical Alert Pricing

Medical Alert is one of the most affordable medical monitoring system companies on the market. You can pay a monthly fee, or you can opt for a semi-annual or annual plan, but you’ll get the best rate if you pay annually:

• Home (Landline) — Starts at $19.95 per month
  • Home (Cellular) — Starts at $29.95 per month
  • Mobile — Starts at $39.95 per month

Optional automatic fall detection is available for an additional $10 monthly fee. This will be tacked on to your original monthly cost. Medical Alert also offers a protection plan for any product for just $1 extra per month.

If you order today, you’ll get FREE ground shipping and one FREE month of service with any annual plan.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If for some reason you aren't satisfied with Medical Alert's services, you can return your devices for a full refund–no penalties, no fine print. And, since there are no long-term contracts, you can cancel at any time. This can provide peace of mind to customers that they can try Medical Alert's services risk-free and can have a trial period to decide if the medical alert service is the right one for them.

Optional Fall Detection

Medical Alert's emergency services include optional fall detection on any medical alert system. The automatic fall detection technology will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. The advanced technology is built into a special pendant and can be added to any plan for just $10 a month.

This unique feature is ideal for those at risk of falling, having a heart attack or seizure, or experiencing a medical emergency that might result in a fall. It provides peace of mind not just to the user, but also to his or her family members.

Medical Alert Connect App

It's not uncommon for medical alert companies to have caregiver tools, but Medical Alert takes it a step further by providing its own free, easy-to-use caregiver app. The Medical Alert Connect App is available for all Medical Alert customers. Whether you're the medical alert user, a loved one, or a caregiver, you can use the Connect App to check the medical alert system status, its contact list, as well as the system's testing schedule (the test schedule is when Medical Alert will regularly test the system to ensure it's working properly).

The app allows for multiple users, so if you have more than one medical alert system, such as for a spouse, you're able to use the app for both systems. The app sends instant notifications if a system is in use and also specifies whether it's a test or if it's an emergency. You can also contact Medical Alert directly through the Connect App. Lastly, the app has location monitoring, so you can locate the system and its user(s) at any time.

24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers 24/7 professional monitoring by highly trained, multilingual, SIA-Certified operators. The company has full redundant, U.S.-based, UL-certified monitoring centers, and provides coverage in all 50 states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

Medical Alert offers a protection plan for any panic button and alert system to ensure fast replacement of parts. The protection plan is only $1 extra per month, which is on the cheaper end when compared to other medical alert companies who typically charge $5 extra per month.

No Activity Monitoring

Medical Alert's monitoring service does not include activity monitoring, although most customers prefer the simplicity of the unit if they purchased them for safety. The units also don’t connect directly to a smartphone. So consumers who want to track loved ones have to download an app, but the app is free to all customers and it includes GPS tracking. You can read Medical Alert reviews below to see if this negatively affected past medical alert customers.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert offers a full suite of affordable, easy-to-use products designed to keep you safe at home and on the go. Medical Alert offers optional fall detection, an invaluable service through which a highly trained emergency response operator is automatically notified of a fall even if a user cannot push the help button.

Medical Alert products are lightweight, waterproof, and extremely reliable. The company has quality customer service and affordable prices, making them a great choice for those looking for safety, security, and ultimate peace of mind

This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

*Pendant coverage is subject to device location, environment, equipment, and facility conditions.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Message from
Medical Alert

As the nation’s largest independent provider of medical alert systems, Medical Alert by Connect America has helped aging Americans and other at-risk individuals live safely in their own homes for more than a decade. Our comprehensive portfolio of easy-to-use medical alert systems provides 24/7 monitoring and access to emergency response with the push of a button.

At Medical Alert, we are proud to offer technology that improves the lives of those we serve, but Medical Alert is more than just technology. Our mission is to ensure that every individual has access to the life-saving benefits of receiving the right care at the right time.

We are committed to bringing solutions into the home that enable independence and support aging in place. Our vision is to create a safer, healthier, and more connected environment for all who wish to live independently at home.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down
bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

bookmark

Featured Review

Marceline Garner Cameron, MO

I had only had Medical Alert 4 months, when I fell in my closed garage on 11/13/2019. My left hip was broken, and i could not get up. I pressed my Medical Alert bracelet. They contacted my daughter in Dallas, Texas, my niece locally, and within 20 minutes the responders were here. They were able to use the hidden key to gain entry, found me, and got me to ER. Without the Medical Alert, who knows how long it might have been before I was found!

bookmark

Featured Review

Barbara Cherokee Village, AR

Using the GPS has saved my life. I fell and was unconscious. When I became conscious the ambulance had already arrived because Medical alert had notified them about my accident

margaret White Derry, NH

IT HELPED ME WHEN I FELL AND SPLIT MY HEAD OPEN. RESPONSE WAS RAPID. MY SON CALLED IN ABOUT 5 MINUTES TO LET ME KNOW THAT THE FIRE DEPARTMENT WAS ON ITS WAY

Margaret Bledsoe Jackson, TN

They are very prompt to speak when I punch the button whether in the house or outside the house. Have had to do that several times and help was on the way very quickly. One time I had fallen in the yard. They got no answer from me so they tried to call phone number listed and got no one to answer so they sent the EMTs and quick response Fire Response.

carol dankmeyer Bel Air, MD

you have been in touch with me when I've been slack in reporting monthly to you and when I accidently called improperly, the follow up was awesome.

Stephanie York, PA

Sometimes very sensitive to movement. Would also like if I (Stephanie) or my sister (Elaine Mann) are called the caller ID would be Medical Alert instead of POD #.

Peggy Campbell Ellenboro, NC

Great product, good customer service. They forgot to send the LokBox so I had to call, then they informed me there was an additional charge

Carole Roth Reading, PA

I like that you can talk to someone through the pendant. Also repairs are made quickly. They are prompt in response to alerts.

Joe Humphreys Boynton Beach, FL

Extremely helpful but still have not received my reward card for signing up several months ago when my brother Anthony and I signed up together. We were promised after 3 months we should receive a rewards card in the mail.

Carol Conner Cusseta, GA

I have set off my medic alert pendant a number of times by losing my balance, not quite falling. There was a fast response each time, inquiring if I was ok or was help needed.

Jennifer Adams Shenandoah, VA

Because last September my 89 year old mother fell one step out on her porch feeding cats. No one would have checked on her until the next morning. Life alert saved her life for sure.

Monica Renee' Webb IL

Haven't had a problem with the device that wasn't corrected. In addition to the last review I would like to say we were out and visiting an aunt for the day. My mother had a fall and I called the medical alert people to get her assistance. They were able to call EMT to come and assist her to her feet so we could finish our visit. Again they deserve 5 stars. Thank you for all you do.

Kathy Waldorf Olathe, KS

The monthly testing never works with talking to customer service. Insure in the equipment and price increase protect was added without approval which resulted in an addition $10 monthly charge. Calls are received trying to sell an upgrade in service and equipment.

Mary Jo Robinson Sheboygan, WI

We bought this for my mother in law after father in law passed away ~ it has been a god send ~ their communication ~ fast response & overall satisfaction along with price I am a property manager for seniors & I recommend Medical Alert

Doris Beamish Lake Zurich, IL

Sadly to say, I am not completely satisfied with Medical Alert. The help I get when needed as been great. However, most every month I get a call to check my unit which is just a chance to pressure me to invest in more available items offered. I am not able to afford any more than what I already have and tell the caller this every time. I am 88 years old and living on SS. This month I did get someone who offered to change all this, help me with unwanted costs on my last 2 bills and a name and number to call should my complaint be taken care of. Hope in Sept. I do not get another "pressure to invest call". There is no way I will be getting anymore money. Sorry!"

Lynn Brown-Jones Denver, CO

This is my first try and I have found it an interesting experience since each time the alarm has been used it was an accident, The first experience was not pleasant the second time I learned it can be used when I am at a location with a medical emergency. This was very helpful information.

Maria I. Alvarez Miami, FL

I feel safe when used my device. Always I tested it the response is immediately. Thanks God, I did not needed in an emergency yet,

Alberta Caryer Lexington, NC

My grandmother had a medical issue and medical alert contacted me and also called EMT to assist my grandmother and I appreciate that.

Kay Henn-Kaufman Hamburg, PA

It is a little expensive and the first time I used the fall button when I put it on and it fell into my shirt, that activated the button. That button is a little bit sensitive. I have to be very careful with it.

sally j rutledge Wells River, VT

I was out mowing my lawn and had my Medical Alert on and I went over some rough part of lawn and it set my alert off and they were right there right in touch with me.

Pam Stevenson Herriman, UT

Because it is sensitive to any bumps, if I did have a fall the paramedics would be called quickly and also my family. I don't necessarily have to push the button to get help.

Carol Calle Terre Hill, PA

I am not sure because I am not using it to the fullest extent right now. In the future when I am home more I will probably rely on it more fully/ I would prefer to do a review later on into the use of it.

Nancy A. Schobert Chattanooga, TN

I called with a question because I had gotten a letter saying that I had purchased a protection plan WHICH I DID NOT DO!!!!! The man I spoke with was totally rude, and wouldn't accept the fact that I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS PROTECTION PLAN. He insisted that I had and told me 3or 4 times that I had talked to someone for 7 or 8 minues and some seconds - I did not, but he kept insisting that I had! MOST ANNOYING!!!!!! RUDE MAN!!!!!

Joan Helgeson San Francisco, CA

I think that your people do a terrific job! I have had some troubles with the equipment. The older version of my necklace was great, even with fall detection. The first new version also had fall detection but it was so sensitive that it would go off every time I was riding my mobility scooter. I now have a necklace without fall detection and a second one with fall detection but I don't wear it.

Birney Phillips Dublin, GA

Feeling of comfort and confidence having an alert system real close

Robert Yeingst Palmyra, PA

It's easy to use and with the GPS In have protection where ever I go.

Sydell Trice Mesa, AZ

When calling in for monthly check it takes them time to realize that is why I am calling in.

Beth Deckard Claremore, OK

Always quick and always friendly. The button easily gets pushed by accident, that's the only thing I would improve on

James McDonald Atlanta, GA

Because it works! My mom needed help and the system worked! The ambulance was there before I could get there.

Gerald L. Ellison Fayetteville, NC

I have found the immediate response to a fall (or unintentional bumps to my device) very professional and comforting

Beth grunewald Palmyra, WI

Because when it’s touched it responds immediately although my husband has made several accidental calls lately

Alice Yakima, WA

Easy to wear and lightweight. The only issue is the wristband comes undone to easy and it falls off of wrist.

Janelle L Lane Augusta, GA

Because it is always on. I recommended it to someone but never got my gift card so might not recommended it again

Patricia prince Carson City, NV

Every time I have bump it and set it off am contacted fairly soon I am contacted. Some times it takes a little longer. it

Orvella Scott Brighton, CO

I needed them when I fell and the fire department was here right away. That is the only time I have had to use the lifeline.

Cynthia B Maroon River Forest, IL

I used to love Medical Alert, but for the past few months I have been very unhappy. I put it on test mode and sometimes I get the proper reply and can test my microphone. Other times I never get this. I just put my system on 15 minute test mode and the first time I did get the option to test the microphone. Then I tried from two different rooms and I didn't get this option so I don't know what is going on!

Bonny Millard El Dorado, KS

On 6-4-21 Medical Alert took $134.84 out of my acct. for 3 months service. I returned necklace sent it back and received a bracelet instead. They billed me another$104.85 in July 27th. I called-they corrected the problem in August 3rd. In September on or about September 6th they billed me $119.85 I guessed for another 3 months service. But September 13th Medical Alert took another $104.85 from my account? I am furious because I am on Social Security? I cannot afford for them to deduct unknown charges from my account. Further my bank charged me for a transaction requiry? Tommorrow I will call them. I expect for them to correct my account immediately. I am trying to give them my business, but if they continue, I will alert the Better Business Bureau; ABC news; NBC news;CBS news (they have investigative journalists); KBI; Attorney General of Kansas, etc… Bonny😣

Donna Abrams Melbourne, FL

User friendly...response rate good...followup super...

Perry Perrine Fort Wayne, IN

The device was accidentally set off and help arrived.

Jeff yant Joelton, TN

Very reliable and dependable when we needed help

Carlene E. Hottinger Newark, OH

Twice sent me assistance when I needed help.

Patti Surls Peculiar, MO

No problems, and CS has always been very helpful.

Deldira Shelton Houston, TX

Give peace of mine while living alone. During the winter storm my daughter received a call from medical alert to notify her that they had received irregular signals from her equipment. I was because her power had gone out due to the storm storm.

Mary Margaret Flynn San Carlos, CA

Does the job perfectly, called several times for my husband now deceased. And I feel safer here with myself but will soon move to assisted living situation. But your service which keeps me safe will be the last thing I disconnect, and then only after I have totally moved out of the house and into the senior home.

C Atkinson Mechanicsville, VA

Satisfied multiple needs. The monitoring station was placed where my son can hear the alarm from his bedroom. I can trigger the alarm from my bedroom to summon him. He can turn off the alarm quick enough that Med Alert does not need to respond, while coming to render me assistance.

Peggy Wilson Knoxville, TN

They have called in paramedics to help me get up when I fall or when I am sick. The equipment is really good. The call button has a case to use. It can go in a purse or on a belt. Also, like the bracelet option instead of the necklace. When I wear the necklace, I set it off accidentally. Staff have always been friendly and helpful.

Betty Farnsworth Pocatello, ID

They check up on me to make sure I test my machine and button to insure it's working

Katie Gotro Fort Myers, FL

My 91-year-old blind mother falls frequently, and when she cannot get up, she simply pushes her button and within minutes the EMS team arrives and helps her up and make sure she is OK. Before she had the medical alert, she fell and laid on the floor all night long next to her bed. I never want this to happen again! The device allows my mom to live independently for as long as possible.

Keith Churchill Wellsville, KS

When they call to check up on me if my button goes off I can answer them quickly

Patricia Brown Newbern Chesapeake, VA

reliable, but I do have an issue with the neklace. Too sensative and goes off while doing normal household tasks