Best Company Guarantee Medical Alert Logo

Medical Alert

7.7

LAST UPDATED: May 26th, 2022

Medical Alert is a brand under Connect America, one of the largest providers of personal emergency response systems. The medical alert system provider is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers, hospitals, home healthcare agencies, and healthcare professionals nationwide.

One of the first companies of its kind in the market, Medical Alert has always taken a customer-first approach. The company offers a clean and transparent shopping experience, a full suite of dependable products to suit every lifestyle, and quality customer service. Medical Alert secured an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Medical Alert has low monthly monitoring fees and does not charge for equipment or activation. There is a lifetime warranty on all equipment, no long-term contracts, and Medical Alert offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all packages.

Read Medical Alert reviews below to learn more about the medical alert provider and its customer experiences.

The Good

• Options to Suit Every Lifestyle
  • Extended Battery Life
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Medical Alert Pricing
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Optional Fall Detection
  • Medical Alert Connect App
  • 24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers equipment at no charge with no activation fees and no long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a lifetime warranty and, at the touch of a button, can connect customers with SIA-certified monitoring professionals. These emergency responders work at a UL accredited, 5 diamond certified emergency response center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each Home Medical Alert System includes a base unit and 1-2 waterproof emergency buttons with a wrist or pendant option.

Options to Suit Every Lifestyle

Whether you’re seeking security in the comfort of your own home or you're looking for something to support your Mobile lifestyle, Medical Alert has you covered.

With all products, a simple push of the panic button connects you instantly to a highly trained emergency response operator who determines and sends the help you need — anytime, anywhere. So whether you've suffered a serious injury or simply want to notify a caretaker of your whereabouts, help is standing by.

All of the systems come with a backup battery so you’re protected in the case of a power outage, and each wearable system is incredibly lightweight and waterproof, so you can even wear the emergency buttons in the shower where accidents frequently occur.

Home System

Medical Alert's Home System has a two-way speakerphone alarm base that works with or without a landline, and it includes lightweight wrist and neck buttons. Just press the help button on any system and an operator will respond immediately.

Setting up the Home system is simple. You plug the base station unit into a wall outlet to power it up, connect the phone cord (if your system requires a landline), and then turn it on. That’s it.

Mobile System

Medical Alert's Mobile System is made for those who want the guarantee of help wherever they are. The system uses GPS technology to identify your location if there ever is an emergency. It includes a handheld mobile system, lightweight bracelet, lanyard buttons, carrying case, charging cradle, and cord. Just press the help button on any system to reach an operator.

The Mobile System is also extremely easy to set up. Just make sure the mobile system is fully charged. Once it’s charged, you’ll want to test the system by pushing the emergency button.

Extended Battery Life

The Medical Alert System's battery life lasts up to three years and if it is ever low, it is easily replaced. There is a backup battery that works for up to 72 hours on Home Medical Alert Systems. The Mobile system battery life lasts up to 36 hours before needing to be recharged on the base unit.

No Hidden Fees

Unlike many alert companies, with Medical Alert, you won’t be hit with any activation, installment or equipment fees. You also won’t have to sign any long-term contracts. This is a great contrast to some other companies in the medical alert industry that rope customers into long-term contracts that can cost hundreds to buy out of.

Medical Alert offers a 30-day, risk-free Money-Back Guarantee. So if for some reason you aren’t satisfied with its service, you can cancel without penalty and without paying the first monthly fee.

Medical Alert Pricing

Medical Alert is one of the most affordable medical monitoring system companies on the market. You can pay a monthly fee, or you can opt for a semi-annual or annual plan, but you’ll get the best rate if you pay annually:

• Home (Landline) — Starts at $19.95 per month
  • Home (Cellular) — Starts at $29.95 per month
  • Mobile — Starts at $39.95 per month

Optional automatic fall detection is available for an additional $10 monthly fee. This will be tacked on to your original monthly cost. Medical Alert also offers a protection plan for any product for just $1 extra per month.

If you order today, you’ll get FREE ground shipping and one FREE month of service with any annual plan.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If for some reason you aren't satisfied with Medical Alert's services, you can return your devices for a full refund–no penalties, no fine print. And, since there are no long-term contracts, you can cancel at any time. This can provide peace of mind to customers that they can try Medical Alert's services risk-free and can have a trial period to decide if the medical alert service is the right one for them.

Optional Fall Detection

Medical Alert's emergency services include optional fall detection on any medical alert system. The automatic fall detection technology will detect a fall if you are unable to press the button. The advanced technology is built into a special pendant and can be added to any plan for just $10 a month.

This unique feature is ideal for those at risk of falling, having a heart attack or seizure, or experiencing a medical emergency that might result in a fall. It provides peace of mind not just to the user, but also to his or her family members.

Medical Alert Connect App

It's not uncommon for medical alert companies to have caregiver tools, but Medical Alert takes it a step further by providing its own free, easy-to-use caregiver app. The Medical Alert Connect App is available for all Medical Alert customers. Whether you're the medical alert user, a loved one, or a caregiver, you can use the Connect App to check the medical alert system status, its contact list, as well as the system's testing schedule (the test schedule is when Medical Alert will regularly test the system to ensure it's working properly).

The app allows for multiple users, so if you have more than one medical alert system, such as for a spouse, you're able to use the app for both systems. The app sends instant notifications if a system is in use and also specifies whether it's a test or if it's an emergency. You can also contact Medical Alert directly through the Connect App. Lastly, the app has location monitoring, so you can locate the system and its user(s) at any time.

24/7 Certified Monitoring Centers

Medical Alert offers 24/7 professional monitoring by highly trained, multilingual, SIA-Certified operators. The company has full redundant, U.S.-based, UL-certified monitoring centers, and provides coverage in all 50 states as well as Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.

In the case of an emergency, the SIA-certified operator will dispatch the appropriate help for a customer's situation. Just press the emergency button on the medical alert device and the base station will send a signal to the monitoring center.

The Bad

• Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee
  • No Activity Monitoring

Lost or Damaged Equipment Fee

Medical Alert offers a protection plan for any panic button and alert system to ensure fast replacement of parts. The protection plan is only $1 extra per month, which is on the cheaper end when compared to other medical alert companies who typically charge $5 extra per month.

No Activity Monitoring

Medical Alert's monitoring service does not include activity monitoring, although most customers prefer the simplicity of the unit if they purchased them for safety. The units also don’t connect directly to a smartphone. So consumers who want to track loved ones have to download an app, but the app is free to all customers and it includes GPS tracking. You can read Medical Alert reviews below to see if this negatively affected past medical alert customers.

The Bottom Line

Medical Alert offers a full suite of affordable, easy-to-use products designed to keep you safe at home and on the go. Medical Alert offers optional fall detection, an invaluable service through which a highly trained emergency response operator is automatically notified of a fall even if a user cannot push the help button.

Medical Alert products are lightweight, waterproof, and extremely reliable. The company has quality customer service and affordable prices, making them a great choice for those looking for safety, security, and ultimate peace of mind

This is definitely a brand to be given top consideration when looking for a personal emergency response system. Read Medical Alert reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

*Pendant coverage is subject to device location, environment, equipment, and facility conditions.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Alert below.

Message from
Medical Alert

As the nation’s largest independent provider of medical alert systems, Medical Alert by Connect America has helped aging Americans and other at-risk individuals live safely in their own homes for more than a decade. Our comprehensive portfolio of easy-to-use medical alert systems provides 24/7 monitoring and access to emergency response with the push of a button.

At Medical Alert, we are proud to offer technology that improves the lives of those we serve, but Medical Alert is more than just technology. Our mission is to ensure that every individual has access to the life-saving benefits of receiving the right care at the right time.

We are committed to bringing solutions into the home that enable independence and support aging in place. Our vision is to create a safer, healthier, and more connected environment for all who wish to live independently at home.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down
bestcompany guarantee

Best Company guarantees your satisfaction if you choose a company that has earned this distinction. If you're not satisfied after 30 days, simply let us know and we'll give you $100. Yes, it's really that simple.

Learn More

bookmark

Featured Review

Marceline Garner Cameron, MO

I had only had Medical Alert 4 months, when I fell in my closed garage on 11/13/2019. My left hip was broken, and i could not get up. I pressed my Medical Alert bracelet. They contacted my daughter in Dallas, Texas, my niece locally, and within 20 minutes the responders were here. They were able to use the hidden key to gain entry, found me, and got me to ER. Without the Medical Alert, who knows how long it might have been before I was found!

bookmark

Featured Review

Barbara Cherokee Village, AR

Using the GPS has saved my life. I fell and was unconscious. When I became conscious the ambulance had already arrived because Medical alert had notified them about my accident

Peggy Sheets Albuquerque, NM

First it was the price that got me and after that it was the personnel. I have had several flash alarms by mistake and they have always been very nice. I cannot remember this lady's name that she called to check on me after several months of not checking in. I didn't pay attention that I needed to do that. But it was a blessing to talk to her since she convinced me that I needed a different alarm necklace. I was trying to save money but not getting the fall detection device I'm not really what is the reason I got this. I'm very blessed and thankful for that person and I wish I could remember her name.

Charles Hirschauer Batavia, OH

Fortunately I haven't had a fall since getting Medic Alert, however each time I have accidently dropped it or bumped the button, they have immediately came on over the speaker to ask if I am alright. This makes me feel very safe!

Shirley Sapienza Manchester, NH

A couple of times my mom accidentally set off the alert system without realizing it. I had to call her to inform her that an amblanc was on its way. Both times everyone was very understanding. Thank you!

Jacqueline Reigel Enola, PA

They have great services. They are quick to respond even if it is a false alarm. My cat twice has stepped on the emergency button during the night and the medics showed up and I didn't realize the button was pushed until they were coming up the steps calling my name. They were very nice and understanding. Now I take the necklace off at night so it doesn't happen again.

Ginger Kubo San Jose, CA

The last time we received a call, were going to dispatchh out. We want you to go through the contact list first. We have had the fire dept out here too many times in the past. We have someone here 24/7. We also have cameras in the house to check on them.

Nancy Morris Phoenix, AZ

I feel that I can depend on help when I need it. I was feeling very alone before and worried that if something happened to me, I wouldn't be able to get help.

Bernadette Smith Brick, NJ

Came very quickly when I fell down and personnel were very accommodating and insured me there would never be a problem getting to my lock box I have on my front door

Stephanie Rife Newark, NJ

1st rep before John hung up accidentally on me while dealing with a screaming baby obviously working from home mid call. Have had issues with several reps previously having loud noises while working from home.- GPS issues- trying to resolve-John and Josh very helpful, but still fixing issue - in process.not yet resolved

Wanda Yocum Cambridge, OH

When I had changed my credit card I forgot to tell Medical Alert and they text me and called both and I appreciate that very much.

William Baggs Peru, NY

peace of mind knowing someone is always there. the button has been activated many times by accident; but it never seems to be a problem

ALLEN JOSEPH WEBSKOWSKI Saint Michael, MN

I'M SAFE. MY FAMILY LOVES HOW EASY IT WORKS AND HOW THEY CAN KNOW THAT YOU CARE. I'M THANKFUL FOR FRANNIE WHO SHOWED ME AND TOLD ME HIS STORY.

Sheryl Portland, ME

It has 'saved' me many times. However, when I got the GPS model, there were no instructions. After using the basic model, I didn't know that I needed to press the button twice...or to the count to two?

JoAnn Gatti

The Medical Alert team is very responsive to your pushing the alert button. However, the alert button is very sensitive and even pulling a jacket sleeve over the alert has set it off. Also, the necklace alert button is as sensitive. It has been set off by hitting the button against a table edge! As I said, the response has been great. I am embarrassed by the fact that the team has to take time so often to answer my false alerts!

Linda Stevens Vero Beach, FL

Have had to call an ambulance about 5 times to go to emergency room after falling. The were there within 5-8 minutes.

Marilyn Phelan Bloomfield Hills, MI

Glad for this quick response. I am not happy that I set it off by leaning over the washing machine to retrieve clothes, then once as I was dressing.

Ken Rittich Grand Junction, CO

Your marketing dept. sucks! Sends us stuff that we didn't order, the best one is insurance for a unit that lost , stolen or damaged. Talk about trying to take advantage of seniors????

Avanell Jenkins

Response is great! My husband was alone recently while I went to Lowe's and he fell while I was gone. My back up person called me since I was driving home and had notice I was driving and medical alert cd not leave a messageZ. But as I pulled in my carport my son called me and the EMT's came.great response!

Donna Lee Rogers Littleton, CO

Medical Alert is always there and checks up with me if I forget my monthly call in.

Berta Szochet Brooklyn, NY

So far it's been good service . I didn't need their assistance so far . Customer service is very helpful and polite .

Rose Marie Zale Wilmington, DE

I'm still getting used to it. I especially like that when I accidentally make a false alarm I can correct that right away.

Donna Kannall Scotts Valley, CA

I'm pleased that the device lets me know if battery is low and also allows me to stop an emergency call if I have not actually fallen.

Katherine Garafano West Warwick, RI

Thankfully, I have never had to use this service, but they always remind me to check and make sure that all of my equipment is working

Rose DeFrancis Brewerton, NY

Everyone is very helpful and pleasant. Even when I make a mistake and accidentally hit the help button the person on the other side is so gracious . Thank you.e a

Sheila lieff Bridgeport, CT

Every time I speak to a different rep, they're always throwing something new at me which sounds good but ends up costing me more money. I live on a fixed income, & if thus continues being too expensive, I may have to cancel Dr his service.

Robert H Kammer Silver Spring, MD

They always respond. So far all of my calls have either been unintended or unrealized calls. I am suprised how quickly they respond, even when I'm in the shower and can't answer their call. Someone was at the door even before I could get out of the shower.

Beverly Aspenleiter Novi, MI

One day I threw my jeans on my bed.I forgot my alert button was in my pocket. A voice came on and said I have detected a fall. If not press the button. This is the first time it happened, but it sure gave me a wonderful feeling of security. I recommend this for anyone that lives alone . I didn't think I needed one, but I sure am glad I have it.

Dwain Harris Summerville, SC

they are very understanding and patient with my mother when she calls.

Barbara Cutajar Woodstock, GA

They helped me promptly when I pressed my buzzer after I fainted and fell.

Lu McConnell Aurora, CO

The staff has been so courteous and patient. Frequent reminders. No problems.

Joanne Montelongo Hermosa Beach, CA

They call immediately if you need them. They are very helpful and polite

Bonita Nelson Garner, IA

I neglect to test my Medical Alert and they remind me to do it.

Joan Garner, NC

It recharges so fast no matter how long I have it out of its cradle .

VNelleta O'Meally Philadelphia, PA

There's always someone to answer my question, also if any problem with m.y device, the clerk is always knowledgeable in adjusting the problem.he

Marylou Bergeman

Saved my Mothers Life during a fall that resulted in Head Truam. Kept her cal and talking until the paramedics arrived.

Eileen Ferlauto

Thank God I haven't needed them in an emergency. But if I press the button in error I get a call from them in seconds..

Marie French Omaha, NE

I talked to someone from your office to tell you it took me a long time to get the red light to say your device is charging. Sometimes I count each time I try to get it to charge, and I have counted thirteen times before the red light would come on. Maybe that was because I was a few days from charging it every month on the first day. But lately it is doing fine. And I know you keep a good check on it because you could tell me the time I put it on and the time I took it off. So, I know you are checking it and I appreciate that. So, thanks for doing a good job for me.

Joe G. Emerson Bloomington, IN

Several tines I have fallen with my medical alert and ALWAYS I have received immediate attention. The person staysd with me until I get up and always weant to know if I need an ambulance ore more help.

Warren W. Hayner Eugene, OR

Very helpful when I do a monthly check-in

JANE GONZALEZ Wheaton, IL

COMPETENT AND QUICK RESPONSE; FRIENDLY HELPFUL

Evelyn B. Coyne Wickliffe, OH

great technical help and service, but fall alert pendant not reliable.

Joan Wood Trenton, NJ

When I need help, they answer the phone!

Wayne Costa East Providence, RI

Every contact with associate was great and fast

Wendy Prufer Walnut Creek, CA

They don't send things out fast enough for my needs & they send the wrong quantities (too few that they said they would send me)few) they said they'd

james foster Kennett, MO

They are very good. I switched to another company and returned to this one because it is a better quality.

Laura Harrington

Quick response when button is pressed. Police have come to check on my mom twice to make sure she is not in danger.

Alice Price

I fell from a ladder and broke my hip. I was able to immediately call for help and it arrived promptly..

Ann Littlefield Ypsilanti, MI

They are really good, but it seems that the alarm is very sensitive. It has gone off without my pressing the button and alas the Paramedics have shown up at my door with the gurney.

Louis Katz Pompton Plains, NJ

Had to replace unit because the main item fell out of the belt holder and was lost. Appreciate your prompt replacement. It arrived yesterday.