Contact a company – $100 satisfaction guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

8.8

LifeStation

verified
Free Equipment & No Contract

Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost. LifeStation looks after the health and well-being of older adults, giving them, as well as their family members, peace of mind knowing they will be protected with LifeStation's emergency services and medical monitoring. The medical alert company has high ratings and exceptional service, which is evidenced by a number of positive Life Station reviews below.

The Good

• Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts
  • System and Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
  • 5-Day Battery for Mobile System

Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most other leading competitor medical alert companies. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. They consist of a pendant or wristband with an emergency button, a base station, and connection to a monitoring center. The base unit can be plugged in and ready in less than five minutes and the emergency button works within 1,000 feet of the unit. When you press the button, an emergency monitoring station staffed with certified emergency responders is notified that you have a medical emergency. The pendant features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles. Read LifeStation reviews below to read about customers' experiences with different types of LifeStation alert systems.

Monitoring

LifeStation meets both national and industry standards that support trust in its products and services. It has a UL-listed, 5 Diamond Certified medical monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module. Once this training for the response center personnel is successfully completed, there is field training guided by CSAA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service and a quick response time.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month to month.

5-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of 5 days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other companies.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation falls short of its competitors-who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge-is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox and Fall Detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits plus some modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. The pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate. LifeStation also offers free benefits that are standard but competitive. Its greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and CSAA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's DSL and VOIP phone compatibility, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and Fall Detection. Read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about the medical alert company, its customer service, and its medical alert devices.

Call our recommended rep over at LifeStation below.

November 15th, 2018 Orinda, CA DETAILS

They've been very useful and when I push the button they eventually answer but sometimes it's longer than I think is probably good. The people who answer it are always friendly and helpful. I don't think that it needs to be thirty-five dollars a month.

Nancy
November 15th, 2018 Whitmore, CA DETAILS

The service I get is wonderful but I wish that LifeStation's phone number showed when the number comes up on someone else's phone. It doesn't say LifeStation, just the 800 number and, like, my daughter in law doesn't think it's anything when that number comes up so she doesn't know something is happening.

Wilma
November 15th, 2018 Pittsburg, TX DETAILS

I have upgraded to one on the go and I was several miles from where I live and very quickly they asked me if I was in that place and there I was.

C
November 15th, 2018 St Louis, MO DETAILS

They answer quickly but I've recently had some problems with it going off by itself.

Mary
November 15th, 2018 Rocky Mount, VA DETAILS

I wish it was a little cheaper, but I hate to switch. It's very convenient. I plug it in every night and it charges itself and I wear it everywhere.

Jacolyn
November 15th, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

It's easy to use. I just put it on and forget it. I think there are others that are cheaper but I'm happy with it.

Delores
November 15th, 2018 Grandview, WA DETAILS

They're a good company and they always keep in contact with us when we need batteries or anything and let us know. The device always works for us and anytime we push the button or have the button they get right to it and call us right back or talk to it. I do think it's pretty expensive, but they're really trustworthy and get back with us anytime we have a problem or a question.

Lambert
November 15th, 2018 Honolulu, HI DETAILS

Customer service has always responded very well. They do a great job at serving us.

November 15th, 2018 Lakewood, CA DETAILS

The device works just like I hoped it would. I get notified by a phone call and followed up by an email when the alarm goes off on my mothers device. The response time is great.

Kareem TwyneNov 16, 2018

Thank you for the review!

Cheryl
November 15th, 2018 Riverdale, GA DETAILS

We weren't too fond of the cord on the necklace, and had trouble keeping the device on while laying down. They offer the right price for the package.

Kareem TwyneNov 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Cheryl! Based on what type of device you ordered, customer service could help switch you to a bracelet instead, or we can provide a different type of cord if the one provided is uncomfortable for you. Please give us a call at your earliest convenience.

Steven
November 15th, 2018 Pahrump, NV DETAILS

I chose LifeStation because of the range provided. I like that it is waterproof because then my mother can wear it in the shower.

Kareem TwyneNov 16, 2018

Being able to wear the device in the shower is very important due to the increased numbered of falls that occur in the bathroom. Thank you for taking the time to write a review Steven!

Patricia
November 15th, 2018 Torrance, CA DETAILS

Customer service has been very helpful with everything.

Kareem TwyneNov 16, 2018

Thank you for the review Patricia!

Zina
November 15th, 2018 West Covina, CA DETAILS

LifeStation is the cheapest service out there. Customer service is very responsive and polite.

Samuel W
November 14th, 2018 Beverly Hills, CA

The instructions are lacking with information. They say how you are supposed to pack it. They don't say to turn it off. When you get a charger that goes bad, that's not good because the device goes into the charger and the chargers are not good. So you call tech support and the tech support tells you step by step how to turn it off.

Faye
November 14th, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

When it goes off, I always get a response right away. My only complaint was when I would wear it in the kitchen and lean over, it would hit up against the counter and it would go off. I have had several false alarms and the EMS would come out and I didn't like that at all. I didn't like the false alarms so I wanted to get the wristband but the man I spoke to said it didn't have the automatic fall alert like the necklace.

Monte
November 14th, 2018 Sebastopol, CA DETAILS

Customer service is helpful and they answer your questions. It works pretty good however I'd like to get the one that works outside of your home.

November 14th, 2018 Gresham, OR DETAILS

They're there to answer questions and they've been very nice when I have called them. The device isn't very attractive.

Barbara
November 14th, 2018 Portland, OR DETAILS

I think there aren't enough people answering the phone and the wait time is too long. It's unnerving to the person who is calling for emergency help. It's just too long and in fact, it seems as if nobody is going to answer.

November 14th, 2018 Joshua Tree, CA DETAILS

They are always there when they say they'll be there and they don't go away until I'm ready for them to leave. If something happens to my phone my LifeStation goes out too so I've got a real problem if something goes wrong with my telephone.

Eleanore
November 14th, 2018 Millbrae, CA DETAILS

I check my LifeStation every month and somebody answers me and let's me know it's okay. I think I can get something with GPS in case I leave my room, but I don't think this works downstairs.

Vaudis
November 14th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

I've had it for years and I've been satisfied with it. I've had to make a call or something and they answer right away and they're very professional and friendly and they are just like a good friend. If I wish to call them, they'd be here in 5 minutes at the most. One night I tested it and they answered immediately.

Lou
November 14th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

As soon as it rings, there's somebody there to answer. The device is just so handy. It always works.

November 14th, 2018 Fremont, CA DETAILS

The customer support is very courteous and they've been very quick to answer the phone when I have pushed the button.

Lynne
November 14th, 2018 Moscow, ID DETAILS

My button wore out so they sent me a new button and within one week after getting it, I accidentally banged it against something and it keeps on calling in an emergency and they said they can't give me a new button. I shouldn't have it going off by accidenty all the time. The customer support always responds quickly. They are always nice and helpful.

Petronella
November 14th, 2018 Vancouver, WA DETAILS

There were some problems at first and they took care of it right away. They're very prompt and they've always been responsive. It works like it's supposed to work.

Mary Ann
November 14th, 2018 Wheat Ridge, CO DETAILS

I know there's been a couple of times something went off but they called right away and checked with me to see if I was okay. I think it's great. I think they do respond quickly and the answer to the questions that I've called about. I've had one unit that goes in the bathroom and it goes on your shower wall and I'll tell you that scared me because it was kind of falling off and it wouldn't stick anymore. And right away, I could hear them calling out to me so I know it's working.

Dale
November 14th, 2018 Hayward, CA DETAILS

I got the help when I needed it from them.

November 14th, 2018 Chico, CA DETAILS

It's a very useful thing. They are more alert than I am because I got the new server and it's nice to have it.

Dotty
November 14th, 2018 DETAILS

They are super. If I hit the button by mistake they call and they're right here next to me. They are on top of it.

Kathleen
November 14th, 2018 Gilroy, CA DETAILS

We've never had to use it for a real problem, but every time we run a test, they get back to us within a minute or two.

Albert
November 14th, 2018 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

I really really appreciated their response because she just pressed it by accident and they called me so I was able to rush over there.

Dee
November 14th, 2018 Tracy, CA DETAILS

I've only used it once by mistake. I didn't know how to turn it off and people were here immediately. I was very satisfied because they were on the phone and at my door within minutes.

November 14th, 2018 Indio, CA DETAILS

So far, I've only needed them one time. And it just so happened that my battery went out and they were there. Their support has been wonderful. They're sending me a whole new machine, it isn't going to cost me anything, it's part of my contract with them. They've just been great. I'm a happy customer and I've been with them for a couple of years.

Gerald
November 14th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

A couple of years ago, there was a glitch. It was very difficult to directly get in touch with the company. They were extremely flexible about who to call when you need an emergency. I was able to have them call my daughter adn then someone else and someone else before they called the fire department.

Mary Lou
November 14th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

It only takes care of my immediate problems at my house. If I would be at the store and fall, I'm not covered by anything. I've had good responses whenever I needed them. I was in my backyard and I locked myself out and so I called my home base and they sent someone out to open my door for me.

November 14th, 2018 East Northport, NY DETAILS

I have a problem with the thing that holds the strap together. It keeps coming off so I wear the wristband. One time I called in, it doesn't seem to get to the police. They didn't know where the lock key was. They started to knock on my door. LifeStation said they did tell them but there was confusion.

Mary
November 14th, 2018 Dayton, TX

I check it every month and they always answer me back to see if everything's okay.

Judi
November 13th, 2018 Staten Island, NY DETAILS

Peace of mind and good price for monthly fee and no contracts, cancel anytime!!

Kareem TwyneNov 14, 2018

Thanks for the review Judi!

Colleen Tarantella for Charlotte Pugh
November 13th, 2018 DETAILS

Saved my Mom's life several times. She feels so much better leaving alone with the product. Everyone could not have been nicer.

Kareem TwyneNov 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Colleen! We pride ourselves on being as courteous and professional as possible so i am very happy you are pleased with our team.

Trudy
November 13th, 2018 Royersford, PA DETAILS

When the call button is used, LifeStation response time is excellent.

Kareem TwyneNov 14, 2018

Thank you for the review Trudy!