LifeStation

13 hours ago

LifeStation

verified
Free Equipment & No Contract

Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost.

The Good

• Low Price and No Contracts
  • System and Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
  • 5-Day Battery for Mobile System

Low Price and No Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most leading competitors. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. They consist of a pendant or wristband with an emergency button, a base station, and connection to a monitoring center. The base unit can be plugged in and ready in less than five minutes and the emergency button works within 1000 feet of the unit. When you press the button, an emergency monitoring station staffed with certified emergency responders is notified that you have a medical emergency. The pendant features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles.

Monitoring

LifeStation meets both national and industry standards that support trust in its products and services. It has a UL-listed, 5 Diamond Certified monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module. Once this training is successfully completed, there is field training guided by CSAA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month to month.

5-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of 5 days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other companies.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation falls short of its competitors-who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge-is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox and Fall Detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits plus some modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. The pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate. LifeStation also offers free benefits that are standard but competitive. Its greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and CSAA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's DSL and VOIP phone compatibility, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and Fall Detection. Read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say.

Call our recommended rep over at LifeStation below.

Dale
August 20th, 2018 Comstock Park, MI DETAILS

We haven't had a problem significant enough to use it yet but it's a comfort to know that it's there in case we need it. They've always answered my questions and been helpful.

August 20th, 2018 Largo, FL DETAILS

The customer service is very kind, very considerate, works very fast, does the best they can do.

Erik
August 20th, 2018 Forsyth, GA DETAILS

The customer service wasn't very attentive and did not want to help me. It only covered certain areas of the house. I thought they were quite pushy and I didn't actually ask for the equipment I only ask for a quote and the equipment showed up unannounced.

Lois
August 20th, 2018 Des Moines, IA DETAILS

It works perfect and maybe a little too sensitive. We haven't had any problems with it or with the customer service.

Larry
August 20th, 2018 Pensacola, FL DETAILS

The customer service answers real quickly, promptly, really clear and very nice. I fell once and pushed my button in about 7 seconds. They were on the phone and the man called the paramedics to my house while he was on the phone and he stayed with me until the paramedics arrived, very very good service.

Shirley
August 20th, 2018 Waverly, IA DETAILS

Customer service answers everything even when I accidentally pushed the button. I would like to be able to wear it on my wrist, I bump it accidentally so often when it's on my neck but I wear it there anyway.

William
August 20th, 2018 Kerrville, TX DETAILS

It has the features that I wanted to have in that kind of device. It knows where I'm at and get's help to me and that's what they're for.

Phyllis
August 20th, 2018 Conyers, GA DETAILS

I don't particularly care for the bracelet, it's a little big for my wrist and it's getting dirty and I don't know if they sent me anything for the necklace but it needs to be re-done or something.

August 20th, 2018 Beaufort, SC DETAILS

It takes a little too long for them to answer after the button has been hit.

Barbara
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

I haven't had to use it for an emergency but at least I know that if I have an emergency you know it'll be there for me. It's just good for people like myself who are partially deaf and can't hear the other kind of devices. It's good because I can wear it if I'm outside, if I'm going some place, working some place it's got the GPS on it so that's important.

Annabelle
August 20th, 2018 Commerce, MI DETAILS

Whenever I needed them to test it to and when my mother's used it or they need to contact me, they follow through. The customer service has been very reliable and very good and I like it. It's a good company good good value for what you get.

Roel
August 20th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

I'm a Chicago police officer and experience the LifeStation first hand and I was very impressed. I'm taking care of a 95 year old woman that I got LifeStation for. So far she hasn't needed it but I still have that as a back up so.

Vita
August 20th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

I'm glad I bought it. Well I'm glad I'm using it because its a big help to me it has saved my life a couple of times. They get your attention pretty fast and they send a paramedics pretty fast.

John
August 20th, 2018 Clinton, MS DETAILS

Every time he has accidentally pushed his button, they've been very prompt and they've been courteous and they've been helpful when he did have an accident. It would be nice if the device were a little different shape, a little easier to work with, but it's fine.

Dennis
August 20th, 2018 Joplin, MO

I cannot live without it, thank you very much you give me a second chance. It actually works and customer service gives immediate responses.

Beverly
August 20th, 2018 Spring Branch, TX DETAILS

Somebody called one day and said they were checking the system and I pushed the button like I was suppose to and it didn't go off. They said they would check it out and call me back. I haven't heard for them yet. Also the other thing is that the cord is way too short, one is suppose to reach to the phone and one to a plug and I've got the thing setting up on a chair in between a plug and the phone because the cord is too short.

August 20th, 2018 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

We had a couple of miss dials and we received a response immediately.

James And Betty
August 20th, 2018 White Sulphur Springs, WV DETAILS

When we are having trouble, the customer service has always been helpful

Dotty
August 20th, 2018 Bloomingdale, IN DETAILS

When the electricity goes off, they come right on and tell you what to do to redo it so it'll work.

August 20th, 2018 Columbus, OH DETAILS

I've only used it twice and it was a good service with false alarm. I've had no problems with them.

Jackie
August 20th, 2018 Winnfield, LA DETAILS

I tried to get one of these things replaced and they told me they don't offer another one and I don't really like that. I haven't had to use the customer service much but when I do, they are very helpful in their answers.

Richard
August 20th, 2018 Charleston, MO DETAILS

We called the customer service yesterday and they were good.

Willie
August 20th, 2018 Diboll, TX DETAILS

The only thing I don't like is when the alert went off yesterday, they did not contact me first. I'm the one that set it all up for my dad and I didn't get an alert, if I did they didn't leave a message. But other than that, if you hit the button they will call that person inside the house. It does have good rates, it's just reasonable rates, I like that.

Nina
August 20th, 2018 Rochester, MI

The customer service has been very helpful. We've had a few power outages and they immediately wanted to make sure that first of all everything was alright and the equipment was working properly.

Vera
August 20th, 2018 Thomaston, GA DETAILS

Well every time I have fall detection, sometimes when I just sit down or it goes off the customer service is always there when you need them. One thing I don't like about it is, the device you wear around your neck, its just too heavy, I wish it was lighter. It makes my neck hurt.

Therese
August 20th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

I really just like having the unit in my bedroom. I would rather have a watch band that they like to talk to the person in any room of the house.

Helen
August 20th, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS

Every time I called in to check my button, they have been prompt, efficient and courteous. It gives me great satisfaction and comfort to know that it is with me at all times.

Frank
August 20th, 2018 Brentwood, NY DETAILS

It's so easy to use. The customer service answered all the questions that I needed to know to make the decision to purchase the alert system.

Ronald
August 20th, 2018 Petaluma, CA DETAILS

It only works with the house, it doesn't work outside and there's companies out there that provide telecommunications or you can be all over for the same price.

Jan L. Cook for Jerry Cook
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

The wrist band is cheap and way too long

Yadira granda
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

Prompt response time every time. Person responding to alert very friendly and patient

Patricia Kasun
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

Because your wrist band continues to break and i dont want to wear the necklace. Also I am supposed to have the ability to use my system outside and cannot

Betty
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

Quality of product, the monitor, the personal piece that the the person wears, the range of coverage, quickness of response, and value for price.

Dean
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

Reliable and provides peace of mind for my family.

Gayle Wochele, daughter of Wilbur Poyer
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

Anytime we have had a problem or had to use it, Lifestation has come thru.

C Hausman
August 20th, 2018 DETAILS

I haven't had to use them for emergencies yet...but they have always answered when I asked questions, etc., etc.

Joyce
August 20th, 2018 Traer, IA DETAILS

My pharmacist visited with me about this device, so I got it. Unfortunately, it hasn't been working and they haven't sent me a new unit like they said they would. It hasn't worked since I got it, and I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Martha
August 20th, 2018 Wills Point, TX DETAILS

My mother accidentally set off their medical alert, and they were very responsive in making sure she was okay.

Barbara
August 20th, 2018 Magna, UT DETAILS

Every time I've called into customer service, they've been really nice. I would like it if it were a smaller device. I feel more secure with this product.

Lula
August 20th, 2018 Owensboro, KY DETAILS

LifeStation was cheap enough for us to afford, and I like the system. Anytime I accidentally touch it, they call and someone is there to make sure I'm okay. I know I can depend on them.