LifeStation

verified

LifeStation

verified
Free Equipment & No Contract

Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost. LifeStation looks after the health and well-being of older adults, giving them, as well as their family members, peace of mind knowing they will be protected with LifeStation's emergency services and medical monitoring.

Additional highlights of the company include low monthly monitoring fees ($19.95 - $29.95), no equipment fees, no activation fees, no contract length, and a lifetime warranty on LifeStation equipment. The medical alert company has high ratings and exceptional service, which is evidenced by a number of positive Life Station reviews below.

The Good

• Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts
  • Multiple Plan Options
  • System and Warranty
  • Fastest Response time in the Industry
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
  • 5-Day Battery for Mobile System
  • "Find My Loved One" Feature
  • LifeStation Reviews
  • 1,000 ft Range from Base Station

Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most other leading competitor medical alert companies. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

Multiple Plan Options

LifeStation offers a variety of plans to ensure there is a choice that fits every consumer, regardless of their specific lifestyle. Whether you are regularly on the go or typically remain at your home, LifeStation has a plan to fit everyone's needs. Plan details for LifeStation's three main packages are below:

In-Home Landline - $19.95/Month

This package is best for customers who most often remain at home but still want to remain independent and safe in the case of an emergency.

• Shower-safe buttons wearable as a pendant or on the wrist
  • Sensitive whole-house 2-way speakerphone
  • Optional fall detection pendant available
  • Plug compatible with landline phone jack or modem - optional Cellular System available

In-Home Cellular - $26.95/Month

This plan is best for consumers looking for protection in their home and around their yard, as this plan has a larger range from the base station to ensure protection in the yard as well as in your home.

• 2-Way voice pendant
  • Shower-safe pendant up to 600-foot range (2 football fields)
  • Easy setup - connect to phone line and power within minutes
  • No activation or setup fees

Mobile with GPS - $29.95/Month

This package is best for consumers looking to be more active with their medical alert system and who plan to leave their home quite often. This medical alert device is made specifically for on-the-go.

• Reliable AT&T cellular and GPS location services
  • Optional fall detection and Bedtime Buddy button available
  • Shower-safe pendant goes where you go
  • No activation or setup fees

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. Their in-home system consists of a pendant or wristband with an emergency button and a base station that is connected to their monitoring center. The base unit and emergency button work within 1,000 feet of each other. When you press the button, a Care Specialist is notified that you are having an emergency.

The base station features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles. Read LifeStation reviews below to read about customers' experiences with different types of LifeStation alert systems.

Fastest Response Time in the Industry

LifeStation's monitoring center exceeds both national and industry standards for training and response time. It is a UL-listed and 5 Diamond Certified medical monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module.

Once this training for the response center personnel is successfully completed, there is field training guided by TMA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service and a quick response time.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month-to-month. This can give customers peace of mind that they can test out LifeStation and get their money back if the medical alert service doesn't work for them. LifeStation is essentially risk-free, and anyone can try the service without committing to any fees or contracts.

5-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of up to five days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other medical alert companies. Having a lengthy alarm battery life ensures the medical alert owner does not have to worry about charging the system every day and has the ability to go days without having to worry about doing so.

"Find My Loved One" Feature

For a limited time, LifeStation has created a "Find My Loved One" feature to go with all mobile GPS packages. This feature allows anyone on the emergency contact list of the medical alert owner to text "Find + [medical alert owner's name]." The contact will then receive a text message with a link to the address of the loved one's location on a map.

Whether it's used as an extra safety precaution or a way to find a medical alert device if lost, this feature adds additional peace of mind and added security for medical alert owners and their loved ones. With a simple text, they can check up on their loved ones and their whereabouts at any time.

LifeStation Reviews

LifeStation consumer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, highlighting exceptional LifeStation customer service, affordable pricing, quick response times, and quality equipment. LifeStation complaints are minimal, demonstrating a positive customer experience and awarding LifeStation a high star rating. Knowing LifeStation has reliable service and highly trained professionals can give consumers peace of mind that their loved one using the medical alert device will be taken care of.

1,000 ft Range from Base Station

LifeStation has a 1,000 ft range from the base station for its medical alert devices. Many medical alert providers have lower ranges closer to 600 ft. A larger range gives consumers more flexibility in how far they can travel from the medical alert device base station and ensures more protection in the case of a fall or another emergency.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation falls short of its competitors, who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge, is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox and Fall Detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee. However, the fee is minimal and won't raise your monthly payment by a significant amount. Check out LifeStaton reviews below to see if this has proved to be a problem to past customers.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits as well as modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. LifeStation's pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

LifeStation's greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and TMA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's state of the art monitoring center, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and LifeStation Fall Detection. The medical alert service is known for its quality medical alert systems with high-end equipment, exceptional customer service, and affordable pricing, including a low-priced monthly fee, no activation fee, no equipment fee, and no contract length.

If you're interested in learning more about the medical alert provider, read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about the company, its customer service, its equipment, and more.

Call our recommended rep over at LifeStation below.

Kressie
April 18th, 2019 Arcadia, FL DETAILS

I have locked myself out of the house and they even let me get back in the house. Nobody was around to help me get in and I had to call in.

Apr 18, 2019

Thanks for the review Kressie!

April 18th, 2019 La Quinta, CA DETAILS

The customer service has been pretty good over the years. I've had one bad experience. The phone call dropped and that was my big problem but I've got that straightened out and I call LifeStation first and tell them I'm going to test the system and it's been working fine.

April 18th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

It would be nice if it was smaller and less obtrusive but other than that it works perfectly fine. My mother needed it because she fell down and she needed to use the device and they called me at the same time they called the rescue. Keep up the good work LifeStation

Carol
April 18th, 2019 Boise, ID DETAILS

They are always very helpful. If there is an issue, it gets resolved quickly. We used the device when there was a fall and it was very efficient.

Gladys
April 18th, 2019 Tyler, TX DETAILS

They helped me whenever I called. Every time I used the device, it worked beautifully. I've called them several times when I was caring for my mother and when I ran my test, they answered promptly.

Emma
April 18th, 2019 Corona, CA DETAILS

They always respond immediately and don't hesitate to call if I need help. They respond immediately. We usually test it once a month and there's no issue.

Marilyn
April 18th, 2019 Melville, NY DETAILS

My testing has always been a positive experience. The only negative comment I had is that unfortunately the device only allows you to use it within the area of your home and not when you outdoors.

Apr 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Marilyn! If you are interested we do offer a Mobile GPS Device that keeps you protected not just in your home, but outdoors and anywhere you would like to go. If you would like to hear more about this device, please feel free to call our 24/7 customer service team at 800/998/2400 so they can help you determine if you would to switch to this new device.

Bethtaver
April 15th, 2019 Gainesville, GA DETAILS

They have always been very helpful and we've had a couple of times in need of their help and they've always been very good about it. Every time that we have needed assistance, it has always been a matter of seconds. The device is very convenient. Sometimes we test it and they're there doing their job.

Sandra
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I've never used it is an emergency but I test it often and it's always working.

April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

There has never been a problem with the system. I'm so used it it's like second nature. We just tested it and everything went through fine.

April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

They have always been available. I test it about every month to make sure it's active. One time it was used by mistake because I hit the device and my granddaughter had called me and told me that they had paramedics coming so I had to meet them at the door and tell him I was fine.

April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Sometimes it doesn't seem like I'm getting through to them. I have been having a lot of trouble with my phone so that causes me to have trouble with my life alert device.

Vivian K
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Every time you call in you get the EMT's to come to the house. We like it because it's efficient every time. We needed it on a Saturday, at 7:30 in the evening, and also again at 3:30 in the morning.

Joseph
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

They always answer me right away when I push the button. It's convenient. I have used it quite a few times to get the ambulance.

April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

It was just wonderful. People just came in and took her right to the hospital, it saved her life.

Ruth
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

They always answer me within 40 seconds. They're very courteous.Very clear, very concise. Just very good. I like that it's easy to access. It's powerful. I can talk from close by or in another room or even from the basement and they can hear me. I like that if they don't get an answer, they come automatically. The one time I really needed it, I had an issue, it was not LifeStation, it was the phone line because it was down. I was not able to use my LifeStation and I was on the floor for 2 days and finally somebody came to fine me and I had medical treatment after that. It wasn't LifeStation's fault, it was the phone service's.

Linda
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

They've always been there when I needed them. LifeStation is always there when I hit the button, they answer right away. When I fell and I couldn't get up, I needed help so they called the fire department and they came and got me up.

Paul
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I like it. It's handy. I tested it one time and it was a little bit longer than usual and I happened to walk out of the house and while I was out, the person called me and I got the fire department and police pulling up in front of my house. I'm satisfied with the job they've done.

Ramona
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I've only used LifeStation once and the response was good.

Max
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

They've been reliable. It's worked for my mom and it's an essential tool for her to be able to live at home. It's been very reliable. They seem to update things correctly and there hasn't been really much of a problem or issue with it. We have tested it on numerous occasions and the customer support and feedback we had was always prompt and accurate so we were happy with that. We've had it for 5-7 years now. Early on, there were a number of times that in her sleep the button got pressed but in the last three years, that hasn't been an issue so there's not even been false alarms which is good for everybody.

Clare
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I've always had a quick response from them and the people that I've talked to have always been informative and very nice on the phone. I like everything about it. I wear it every day and every time I've use it, the people that had come on came some quickly. I had to change the black cloth that hold it because it made my neck raw and hurt so I got a shoelace that was very thin and put it on and that's been fine.

Geraldine
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

They always answer the phone it seems. It's a little longer than it was when I first ordered it. I would be a lot more at easy if they answered quicker when they are called. The wait time is a little longer than before. I have the full alert for the falls and it's very sensitive. I have set it off a few times because it's more sensitive than the original I had.

April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

It's okay for what I need but it doesn't reach the farthest that I go.

Barbara
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

When I need the customer support, they were very responsive.

Ella
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

The reason I've had trouble with the customer support was that the batteries go down after it's been on the charger all night and it shouldn't do that. The device is so big and heavy. I'm sick of it going off accidentally several times.

Rena Maxine
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Every time I have ran a test on it, they are automatically right on. Sometimes I like to wear the wrist device but it's always too big for my arm.

Dianna
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

They have always been good about helping me.

Sandra
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

The contract said that they would send us a prepaid box to return the LifeStation equipment and they didn't.

Jean
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

The bracelet that you wear is too heavy and it messes up your clothing. When I tested it, I got a good response.

Agnes
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Every time I push the button, they're right on on time. I used it about five months ago when I fell off my stool and I pushed the button and the fellows were there in no time at all.

Joyce
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

The device is very user friendly. I have tested it several times and it's worked every time. There was one time it didn't report but I contacted LifeStation and they immediately reset it. Every time I've contacted them, LifeStation has answered immediately and answered all of my questions.

Janet
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Even when I accidentally push the button, they get on the line. The customer service is very friendly. They're very very courteous. I live by myself so it's very helpful. There's not been any issues or anything that I dislike about it. One time I wasn't feeling good and I lost my balance and everything and they were real concerned and asking "are you sure you're okay?" and then they called back to know if I needed help.

Wilma
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I've had to use it several times and I have injured myself and it's nice to know that I can get someone here to help me get up off the floor.

Ed
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

The customer service has taken good care of me and solved all my problems. I don't dislike anything, I'm satisfied with the device and happy with the service.

Lee
April 15th, 2019 Honolulu, HI DETAILS

LifeStation always calls me right away whenever there's a problem with our system but we never had much problems. When we test it, it goes real quick.

Vicki
April 15th, 2019 Amarillo, TX DETAILS

There are no dislikes about LifeStation. We've used it several times and everything about it has been good.

Robert And Norma
April 15th, 2019 Bedford, MA DETAILS

The customer support is always responsive and their answers are to the point. The one I wear on my wrist is too big.

Thomas W.
April 15th, 2019 Morongo Valley, CA DETAILS

They do what they say they're going to do and they do more than you expect they'll do. I like the way that they people you talk to answer your questions you need to ask and they're right on the spot. Every time I push the button they always come right on and within a couple minutes they called the fire department on me.

Sadie M
April 15th, 2019 Holtville, CA DETAILS

They've always been there for me. I carry it around my pocket all the time. One time I dropped it and I didn't know if it would still be working, so I called the office and they assured me.

Sue
April 15th, 2019 Canton, MI DETAILS

The customer service has always answered my questions when I have them and usually get back to me pretty quickly when I do call. They have been there on several occasions and they've been very helpful and I appreciate them being there. My dad had fallen and I was not home and I got a call from LifeStation saying that he had fallen and I was able to contact my husband he was able to get home and help him so that was appreciated that if he didn't have LifeStation, he would have been laying on the floor for who knows how long until one of us got home.

Doris
April 15th, 2019 Whiting, NJ DETAILS

I always wear the button towards my body and yesterday by mistake I put it on the other way and I'm in the other part of my house and I hear a voice in my bedroom asking if I was all right.

Geraldine
April 15th, 2019 Whiting, NJ DETAILS

I tested it and the ambulance came very quick.

Mary Jane
April 15th, 2019 New Derry, PA DETAILS

When I tested it, LifeStation answers immediately.

Paul R
April 15th, 2019 Buffalo, NY DETAILS

The device is fine. It works well. I've had this a long time and it's help up very well.

Myrna
April 15th, 2019 Santa Ana, CA DETAILS

My battery died and they were very nice about getting a new one to me and very nice about it, no trouble.

Patricia
April 15th, 2019 Lombard, IL DETAILS

I don't have any problem getting through to them and they take care of everything. The customer service is very good. My brother and I were able to hook it up with ease. We've never had to use it, but when we do test it, so far it's working and everything is fine. We've had it for almost 8 or 9 years now and I'm satisfied with it. There's been no increase in price.

Alice
April 15th, 2019 Orland Park, IL DETAILS

I think the advice when I call in to LifeStation is superb. I used it when I fell and the staff called in for an ambulance and the ambulance came to my home.

Ronald
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

They've always been very responsive and they're very prompt.

April 15th, 2019 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS

Customer service really does try to help you. I did have a problem and I had to call about a million times but every time I called, they were very very nice and they were very helpful. They tried to be very helpful and I finally got it straightened out. I had the one that plugged into a phone jack. We had to use it a couple of times and when you use it, those people that respond are very calm and they stay right with you. You really feel like you're getting supported. I had to use it twice. I bought it for my mother but I had to use it for myself because I was getting sicker and sicker and I finally was in such pain that we decided to call an ambulance so my mother used the device and it was a good thing because by the time they got here, I was almost unconscious and the lady stayed on the phone with my mother until they got here. It was very very helpful.

Apr 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Anonymous! Our customer service specialists are highly trained to be as professional and efficient as possible when on the phone with a customer. I am glad that they were able to help you in whatever way you needed, and i am glad to hear that we were able to help your mother while you were ill.

Henry L
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I love everything about the device. I put it on top of my toilet when I was taking a shower and it fell off and it went off and I didn't hear it because I am upstairs and when I got out of the shower, my phone was ringing and it was my daughter and she was calling to see if I was okay and that the paramedics were on their way. I went downstairs and they were already here. So it's beautiful and very safe to have.