LifeStation

Call Now Visit Site

LifeStation verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) products and monitoring services designed by industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost.

The Good

• Low Price and No Contracts
  • System and Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money Back Guarantee

Low Price and No Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most leading competitors. On top of that, there is no contract that ropes customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. They consist of a pendant or wristband with an emergency push button and a base unit with enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that help users communicate with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles.

Monitoring

LifeStation meets both national and industry standards that support trust in its products and services. It has a UL-listed, 5 Diamond Certified monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module. Once this training is successfully completed, there is field training guided by CSAA certified instructors. All new personnel receive weekly performance reviews for three months.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

The company also offers caregivers a complimentary alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month to month.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation falls short of its competitors-who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge-is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox and Fall Detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits plus some modern technological features like GPS tracking location technology and audible notifications-letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. The pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate. LifeStation also offers free benefits that are standard but competitive. Its greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and CSAA certified instructors. The major selling points are LifeStation's DSL and VOIP phone compatibility, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and Fall Detection. Overall, LifeStation is a good company.

Call our recommended rep over at LifeStation below.

235 LifeStation Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

• User Score

October 19th, 2017 Tucson, AZ'

I got the service for my parents and they've only had it for a few months. They haven't had any issues, but I think my dad pushed the button accidentally a few times. Meds have showed up on some of those occasions, so I know the service works. As long as the batteries and connection work, they're good to go. I also like that they provide the ability to order a special lock to store keys for the responders to get in. It's a bit more money, but it's a nice feature. As for the device itself, even though it works fine, it looks like it's kind of aged, as if it was an older model. What a pay a month is not bad, though I'd like it if they offered some kind of discount or help for families with lower income. I know it's a competitive market, but it would help us and them in getting more customers.

October 19th, 2017 Lubbock, TX

I've fallen several times in my home, but all I have to do is press the button and they come out right away. They help me and call my family, EMS, or both. The device is very easy to use and they answer immediately. It has been really helpful, since they're a constant connection with somebody that can help me.

October 19th, 2017 Novato, CA

It was recommended by Kaiser cellphone so I got it. I haven't had an emergency but I wear it day and night just in case.

October 19th, 2017 Avondale, AZ

It's a reasonable price and I can just wear it around my neck almost 24 hours a day, even when I go to sleep.

• User Score

October 19th, 2017 Allentown, NJ'

We haven't had to use it yet, thank god. We got some more products that we don't need, like the door lock thing. We never ordered that and I'd like to know how we can return it.

• User Score

October 19th, 2017 Portland, OR'

I got it since it was recommended by Kaiser medical. Normally I have it on my wrist, but unless there's an emergency I don't activate it. The response team is very alert though. Whenever I have accidentally activated the device, they have responded immediately. They have responded to every inquiry I had and have been very polite, responsive, and competent. I do think that the device could be better. The velcro that you use to strap the wrist unit gives out in about 3 months and then you need to replace it. It would also be nice if they made the button recede further into the device so that it is harder to push it accidentally.

October 19th, 2017 Allentown, PA

My daughter got it for me 'cause she thought I needed it. I haven't used it, but I've bumped it accidentally and they called me immediately to make sure I was ok. They were very efficient and nice even though it had been a mistake.

October 19th, 2017 Portland, OR

My daughter in law got it some two years ago when I was moved to Portland. I was in my 80s then and they got me a condo to live on my own. Because of that, they decided I should have some kind of alert system in case I fell or something. Though, I don't know if I would've picked LifeStation if it had been up to me. One of the problems I have is with the lock that they give you so that the emergency people can come in. You see, there are two doors to get through if you want to get all the way into my condo. The lock thing is already installed for my own door, they did all that while I was gone, but if the emergency people want to get to my door they need to be let in to the condo area first. There's no lock for that. I called them and asked them what would happen if there was an emergency, and they said they would have to ring all the doorbells to be let in. That's no good though, all the people here are elderly and it wouldn't work on an emergency. I'll have to get another lock box for that, but I don't know if there's an extra charge or how that would go. On top of that I also think they take a while before they answer, though I'm not sure if that's how all the medical alert systems are. The necklace also bumps into things very easily and goes off, I don't like that.

• User Score

October 19th, 2017 Willow Grove, PA'

Thanks heaven we haven't had an emergency when we had to use it. We have pressed the button to see that it's still functioning though. Sometimes when we test it I find the response is not as fast as we would like it to be. They said it was something about this year, but I think they should have more people there because if we need help, we need it immediately. We can't wait while they're attending other people's calls.

October 19th, 2017 Arroyo Grande, CA

I haven't had to use it for anything, though I just accidentally set off the alarm. Customer service is always very helpful and the device is easy to use.

October 19th, 2017 Granite Bay, CA

Kaiser recommended it for my aunt since she's a patient, so we got it. We haven't needed it for an emergency, we've only tested it, but it seems to take them a while to answer the phone. Other than that, everybody has been friendly. When we needed to replace the device, it was done in a timely manner.

October 19th, 2017 Terrebonne, OR

Thank God I have it with me. I fell in my yard in July and had to call the ambulance with the wristband I have. I had two broken vertebrates but the ambulance came to get me and it was ok.

October 19th, 2017 Locust Grove, VA

I got it for my brother-in-law since he can't get around no more. He wears it around his neck. He hasn't had to use it yet, but it's just safe to have it and know that somebody could come to the rescue if he needs it.

October 19th, 2017 Schaumburg, IL

I got it for my mother because they have 24/7 support, plus they gave me a good deal with the equipment. The person I spoke to was very knowledgeable. Setting the system up was fairly easy. My mother has hit the button twice accidentally, but they've responded right away and called me. We haven't had any emergencies, but so far we're very happy with it.

• User Score

October 19th, 2017 Oklahoma City, OK'

We've only used it for testing. We've had a little bit of contact, but they have been very courteous.

October 19th, 2017 Augusta, KS

It has worked out fine. On an occasion, I had fallen and couldn't get up but I had that. It brings me the security I need since I live alone.

October 19th, 2017 Rice Lake, WI

Thank God, we haven't had to use it yet. When we do tests they answer and so far it has been doing what it is supposed to do. I am concerned about the part that rides around in my mom's car. I feel like the instructions are kind of hard to understand, I actually needed to rewrite them and tape them to the car. The print was too small and it was really dark in there, she needed it to be bigger for it to be easy to read. I just hope that it's worth it for when she's out and about. It's a security blanket for us, since she lives alone.

• User Score

October 19th, 2017 Coarsegold, CA'

LifeStation has been perfect. I haven't had to use it for emergencies, but I've tested it before. It does take them too long to answer. You have to buzz at least 5 times before anybody answers, I could be dead by then. It's nice to have it though, it's comforting to know that I have it.

October 19th, 2017 Houston, TX

I've used it when I fell. They called and asked what was wrong. The equipment works ok. The only thing I would change is make the chain or necklace a little shorter.

• User Score

October 19th, 2017 Giddings, TX'

Fortunately we haven't had a situation when we needed to use it. We did test it and they responded really quickly. My only complain is that I hoped that the unit would work just fine in our home. We had a fairly small home, about two thousand square feet, and we had it in the bedroom. Out there, in the living room, it doesn't really work. If the device goes off and activates, there's no way they can hear me. I don't think I could hear them either to be honest. I wish there was some external speaker or some other remote way to have that be better. Other than that, we're happy with it.