LifeStation

6.7

LifeStation

verified
Free Equipment & No Contract

Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost.

The Good

• Low Price and No Contracts
  • System and Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
  • 5-Day Battery for Mobile System

Low Price and No Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most leading competitors. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. They consist of a pendant or wristband with an emergency button, a base station, and connection to a monitoring center. The base unit can be plugged in and ready in less than five minutes and the emergency button works within 1000 feet of the unit. When you press the button, an emergency monitoring station staffed with certified emergency responders is notified that you have a medical emergency. The pendant features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles.

Monitoring

LifeStation meets both national and industry standards that support trust in its products and services. It has a UL-listed, 5 Diamond Certified monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module. Once this training is successfully completed, there is field training guided by CSAA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month to month.

5-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of 5 days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other companies.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation falls short of its competitors-who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge-is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox and Fall Detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits plus some modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. The pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate. LifeStation also offers free benefits that are standard but competitive. Its greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and CSAA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's DSL and VOIP phone compatibility, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and Fall Detection. Read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say.

Charles
May 23rd, 2018 Long Beach, CA DETAILS

We never needed it for an emergency, but, we accidentally hit the spare buttons numerous times. They were pretty prompt. I would recommend this company.

Kathleen Evans
May 21st, 2018 DETAILS

My husband fell twice and they were aware fast , contacted us and had help on the way fast.

Kareem TwyneMay 24, 2018

We’re so glad that we were able to get your husband the help he needed during his emergency. Thank for the review, Kathleen.

Jeff
May 21st, 2018 DETAILS

Waited a week for a call from tech support that never came

Kareem TwyneMay 24, 2018

Thank you, Jeff for your feedback. We recently tried to reach out to you to discuss your console functionality. Feel free to contact our 24/7 customer service line at 800.998.2400.

georgann thomas
May 21st, 2018 DETAILS

could not get it to work in my house, had no reception in Bremerton, Wa. would only work in towns next to me. I have lots of trees in my area

Kareem TwyneMay 24, 2018

Thank you, Georgann for your feedback. Per our conversation, your best option may be to add a landline to your home. That will be the most reliable way for you to have prompt and dependable service with a medical alert device.

Elaine S.
May 21st, 2018 DETAILS

They are quick to answer and very professional. I was very impressed just setting it up.

Kareem TwyneMay 24, 2018

Thank you, Elaine. We appreciate your review as we strive to offer the best customer service possible.

Carrie Mauldin
May 21st, 2018 DETAILS

I am a service coordinator at a facility for senior adults. I am also a pastor's wife. Between my residents and my church members, I have signed up many for your medical alert button. I have been very pleased with every aspect of the service and the product.

May 21st, 2018 DETAILS

No issues purchasing and putting in to play for my mother 400 miles away and her accidental pushing the button has always resulted in an immediate response-good sign.

Vina Keeling
May 15th, 2018 Peoria, AZ DETAILS

It is a little early for a review as I am still adjusting to wearing this alert. That being said, I find it a little "sensitive" as it went off once while fastening my seat belt as a driver and another time issued a fall alert as I was sitting down- no clue why. I wish they could make these smaller so they are not so ovbious and that the "button" was more recessed so an accidental bump didn't set it off. I was not pleased to find out the fall alert was $10 "extra" as after all, that is the whole purpose of having it. I suppose I could take it off and just take my chances.

Kareem TwyneMay 24, 2018

Thank you for all of your feedback on the device. We always like to hear what our customers think of the equipment so that we can communicate that back to the manufacturers. We are constantly working towards providing the most reliable and functional equipment available.

customer
May 1st, 2018 Arnold, CA DETAILS

Your salesmen was too pushy. Plus he lied about one of your competors

Kareem TwyneMay 24, 2018

We appreciate the feedback. We do our best to hire motivated individuals who have a passion for helping others. Sometimes that passion comes off as being pushy and for that, we apologize.

Faye Aiken
May 2nd, 2018 Greenville, SC DETAILS

Mom fell device did' t go off,she had the one that goes off when she falls. Didn't go off she laid in the floor for over 14 hours with a broken hip before we found her.!!!!!!

Kareem TwyneMay 24, 2018

Faye, thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We try to make sure that our users understand that while the Fall Detection pendant is designed to detect falls, it may not pick up all falls. We do encourage our users to press their buttons every time a fall occurs, if they're physically able to do so.

Kpc
April 16th, 2018 Bonita Springs, FL DETAILS

Excellent response time and always professional

Sabrina Royster, daughter of client.
April 9th, 2018 Winlock, WA DETAILS

It makes me feel better knowing that LifeStation is able to tell if my mother has fallen or she can touch the button if she needs help. I don't like that it goes off when she is just sitting still, and the person still calls her contact people and the ambulance even when she follows instructions to press button if she is okay. That they still call her contacts upsets them for no reason. Has happened a few times in last 4-5 months.

Philip
April 9th, 2018 Penn Valley, CA

I called ONLY to request information. When asked if I wanted to submit a credit card to HOLD the information for future reference, I chose to do so. I was NOT told that if I did not call back in 7 days to cancel, this order would be processed and equipment delivered. I accidentally discovered this was the case when I saw the charge on my credit card statement. I consider this an unethical and deceptive business practice. BEWARE.

Susu
April 2nd, 2018 Portland, OR DETAILS

Response time slow....them answering the alert voice was warbled

Virginia
April 2nd, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

From the first phone call to receiving the unit everything happened just like they said

Stan
March 26th, 2018 Collierville, TN DETAILS

Set up was easy. Customer service very professional, polite, and helpful. Only negative: response time after pressing help button seems long. If wearer is on the floor having a medical issue, response time could feel like an eternity.

Judith
March 26th, 2018 Newnan, GA DETAILS

The life station unit work well The Wristband is unobtrusive. I rated it a four because I don't know how it compares to others. This is my first time ever getting a medical alert system for my mother.

Good product
March 12th, 2018 DETAILS

Professional customer service as well as helpful and friendly

RAYMOND CRESPO JR
March 12th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

There is no true 30-day trial period as purported by Life Station. In effect, one is being charged for the equipment while it is in transit to you. It took six days for the equipment to reach me. As such, the actual trial period is but 18 days, at best, considering the six days it takes to reach one and the approximate six days it takes to return the item.

Tim Pickell
February 26th, 2018 Pinckney, MI DETAILS

Price, convience, ease of use once I became adjusted to it and its sensitivity I think it is a good thing.

Jgm
February 26th, 2018 St Louis, MO DETAILS

My mom's device has been triggered by mistake repeatedly and the attendant who she talks to is always professional.

Cendie Dietrich Lake Chelan Community Hospital
February 26th, 2018 Chelan, WA DETAILS

I work for Lake Chelan Community Hospital and have installed several units. I had to call back several times to get the hospital credit on a few of the units. When I had called to order the unit I had explained to the sales rep that I was new at purchasing the unit through lake Chelan Hospital and wanted to make sure we would get the credit for the unit then when looking into it both units I ordered we were not getting the credit. Also one lady client was very unhappy with the way the landline fall detection hung horizontal and not l vertical on her neck and felt the company could come up with a better looking la-nerd for around the neck the client canceled the order. I thought it was not good company policy to make our company pay for the return of your product.

nofallsbob
February 21st, 2018 DETAILS

unit arrived, defective.. waiting for another.

Undecided
February 21st, 2018 Fresh Meadows, NY DETAILS

My mom said there was a lot of static when testing the service, but the rep never called back to resolve the issue. I was surprised by that.

Anne
February 21st, 2018 State College, PA DETAILS

Because I knew I was going to use the device only when I was home alone, I asked about leaving it on the recharger between uses and was told that was the correct thing to do. But when I went to use it, it wasn't charged and would not respond to pushing the button.

Jonell
February 21st, 2018 Thomasville, NC DETAILS

Did not like the older model.It was not like the 1st picture model on the 1st page of the flyer

Husbands concerns
February 21st, 2018 Ogden, UT DETAILS

My wife fell and it didn't alert the fall.

Virginia
February 21st, 2018 Robertsdale, AL DETAILS

Every time she has had an accident yall are always there thank you

Penny gentle
February 21st, 2018 DETAILS

Not disappointed by anything. It is reliable and attractive to wear. It is responsive in a timely manner.

weberdns
February 21st, 2018 Beaver Falls, PA DETAILS

It did take a little while for them to answer once we pressed the button.

Napa Valley Personal Assistant
February 12th, 2018 Mountain View, CA DETAILS

Their response is immediate and appropriate. I can relax a little knowing my friend is "covered".

Mitch
February 12th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

They've always responded quickly, and are very pleasant to deal with.

marie barlow
February 12th, 2018 DETAILS

their promt response ton any questions i have had so far i am a new member

Lois
February 12th, 2018 Papillion, NE DETAILS

I inquired of the sales person I talked to over the phone about the weight of the pendant and she told me it was lighter than the Life Alert. No so, as I wear a Life Alert pendant all the time. When I received your product, I was not pleased as the pendant was very heavy. I need to wear my pendant to bed as I get up 2 or 3 times a night, so I need to keep it around my neck. So I sent it back to LifeStation.

Julie Silva.
February 12th, 2018 DETAILS

Don't have system for neck button w/ 2 way conversation. Not feeling safe yelling into a machine. Don't need lock box.

JoAnn
February 12th, 2018 Lakeville, MN DETAILS

Had to call themas system wasn't working right, they fixed it right away, other wise haven't had to call

Jacie Lehman
February 12th, 2018 Findlay, OH DETAILS

Because it is really fast response even when it is accidental

Gladys Martin
February 12th, 2018 Honolulu, HI DETAILS

Being new at this, I am awkward with it around my neck, so I often carry it with me in my purse. As far as I can tell, it is a good device and I know you respond, because I accidentally pressed the button and you called me. That is comforting and that is good.

Geraldine
February 12th, 2018 DETAILS

I'm still not sure yet I'm working with a technician to see why I have to charge it every day or every day and a half

Fair review
February 12th, 2018 Surprise, AZ DETAILS

Don't like having to charge it as patient is without during that timeframe and she is not always with someone to help her during that time.