LifeStation verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

8.7

Call Now

Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) products and monitoring services designed by industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost.

The Good

• Low Price and No Contracts
  • System and Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
  • 5-Day Battery for Mobile System

Low Price and No Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most leading competitors. On top of that, there is no contract that ropes customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. They consist of a pendant or wristband with an emergency push button and a base unit with enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that help users communicate with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles.

Monitoring

LifeStation meets both national and industry standards that support trust in its products and services. It has a UL-listed, 5 Diamond Certified monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module. Once this training is successfully completed, there is field training guided by CSAA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

The company also offers caregivers a complimentary alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month to month.

5-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of 5 days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other companies.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation falls short of its competitors-who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge-is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox and Fall Detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits plus some modern technological features like GPS tracking location technology and audible notifications-letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. The pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate. LifeStation also offers free benefits that are standard but competitive. Its greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and CSAA certified instructors. The major selling points are LifeStation's DSL and VOIP phone compatibility, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and Fall Detection. Overall, LifeStation is a good company.

Call our recommended rep over at LifeStation below.

January 18th, 2018 Ceres, CA DETAILS

The service was recommended by Kaiser so I got it. I've never had any complications, though I've never had to use them for an emergency. They are always alert though and you can get right through to them when you need to.

Louisa Mccoy

January 18th, 2018 Coleman, TX DETAILS

I think they contacted me or I got some information somehow. I mostly let my daughter take care of that and that's how I got it. I've had no reason to call them yet or ran into any problems so far. Since I'm 93 years old and I live alone though I'm sure I'll eventually need it. As far as I know, they are great.

June Jenkins

January 18th, 2018 Robbinsville, NC DETAILS

I got it for my mom, she's going on 83 and she is by herself. I felt that it was something that was needed and she has used it more than once so far. We've had a few issues with the quality of the calls, but I don't think it's the company's fault. We just have terrible phone service out here and it gets worse when it rains. That affects our calls with them, but other than that it has been wonderful. It is comforting to know that if any situation were to arise she has something as a backup that she can use. If that happens, they can get a hold of my sister or me and get an ambulance out there quickly.

Carol Hitchcock

January 18th, 2018 Pablo, MT DETAILS

My son got the service for me. The device is always active and it works. I've never had to use it in the whole time that I've had it, but knowing that it's there is very comforting.

Carol Matthews

January 18th, 2018 Toledo, OH DETAILS

I went with them because of its price and the kind of service they offered. They've been there whenever I needed them and have been reliable. They've answered the questions I've had very quickly. It is pretty expensive though.

Alma Kisamore

January 18th, 2018 Cumberland, MD DETAILS

I purchased that for my aunt and she's the one that uses it to date. I looked around a bit to see if I could find something that she could use in the area, especially since she lives out in the country and there's no internet out there. I know she has been very happy with it. She has actually used it five times in one year. One of those was actually because of a broken leg.They are always dependable and a good company to work with. It's very comforting for other family members to know that she has it available since she lives by herself and is 87 years old.

Geraldine Stockfleth

January 18th, 2018 Petaluma, CA DETAILS

A friend of mine recommended it to me. They've taken care of any request that I've made. I actually just got the strap that goes around the wrist and I think it's much better than the other one.

Thomas Shaw

January 18th, 2018 Leesburg, VA DETAILS

I'm not really certain why I chose them, I just did an internet search and settled on them. I always get a very good response. The equipment has all the things we need.

Dorothy Capwell

January 18th, 2018 Copiague, NY DETAILS

I got it a few years ago, so I can't quite remember if I chose it or if one of my nephews did. The device is good and I'm very happy at how quickly they respond to emergencies.

Frank Koebel

January 18th, 2018 DETAILS

My daughter helped me get it. The customer service and equipment seem to be very good.

Audrey Vandell

January 18th, 2018 Roseville, CA DETAILS

I went with them since they were more than just local. As soon as I need them, they are there for me. If I need to call them I know they will be there and if I don't need them, well, I just don't have to call.

January 18th, 2018 Gresham, OR DETAILS

I have the pendant that I can use in my house and that I can even take with me to the shower. I don't have to worry about anything, which is great since I'm alone in my house a lot. As soon as I press the button I know somebody will respond to me. I also have the worldwide system thing, so that means that I can carry it all with me no matter what state I go to. Every time I've called they've answered me right away and directed me to the right person that can take care of my situation. It has been great. They are also there and ready every time I need to test my pendant. On one occasion I needed it to be replaced and they sent it to me right away. I haven't tried any other company or system, but based on what I heard from others LifeStation has everything that the other companies do. Besides, the unit that I have seems more durable than the ones I've seen other people wearing. They all look very generic and fragile but mine is sturdier.

Elaine Pasternack

January 18th, 2018 Lake Mary, FL DETAILS

I just read about them and decided to get it. Fortunately I haven't had to use it all the way for an emergency. They've been good about calling back, especially when I need their help. I still have to test my device outside of my home to see if it works. Price-wise, there are some companies that are cheaper than them.

Christene Caffey

January 18th, 2018 Hazel Crest, IL DETAILS

I got it through my insurance company at the time and it has been a while since then. In fact, I'm no longer with that insurance company, but I decided to stick with LifeStation. They always answer me when I call. When I test it they respond and want to know if I'm ok and everything. When I need to use it for an emergency they are very good about calling my two daughters and letting them know what is happening. Sometimes I think that they don't really come onto the phone as quickly as they should though. Recently I wanted to get the one part that goes in the garage that you can leave out, but that would make my bill go up to $39 a month and that's too much for me. Still, they are surprisingly reasonable with the price. It hasn't gone up and I'm really grateful for that, especially since everything else is going up too.

Nitaa Rowe

January 18th, 2018 Idaho Falls, ID DETAILS

I was in the hospital for a while and when I came home I found out that my family had set it all up for me. I'm happy with it. I haven't had any call that was handled slowly. Everything has been taken care of quickly. I've had no trouble with customer support or with the equipment either.

January 18th, 2018 Morgan Hill, CA DETAILS

I got it because I live alone. They've always come through for me. Sometimes they are a little bit slow though.

Francis Moffitt

January 18th, 2018 Asheboro, NC DETAILS

My daughter was the one that decided to get it for me. One time the alarm went off on its own by mistake. They actually came out and I had to explain to them that it had all been a mistake. Still they came out here very quickly and were very nice about it all. I just wish that the thing had more range or could be used outside. I'm still very active, I do a lot of work and go out very often, but the thing does not work outside the apartment at all.

January 18th, 2018 Fresno, CA DETAILS

I've had it for several years after a friend recommended it to me. I have it on all the time, but the only time we've used it was because I accidentally bumped it against something while moving furniture. Their agent called us and they asked us if we were ok and if we needed any help. I said no and that was that. I was pleased to know that it all really works.

Anna

January 18th, 2018 Marietta, NY DETAILS

When you're alone you've got to have somebody that's close that could help you if you need it. That's why I enjoy having it, it's a handy thing to have. It gives me safety when no one's around.

January 18th, 2018 Moneta, VA DETAILS

I think I saw the ad in a magazine and decided to get it because of that. They've always responded whenever I test it to make sure that it works. I've actually done that from the basement to see if we had any issues with the range and it seemed ok. Other than that, we've never had to use it. It is expensive for what it is though.

Fern Hoffman

January 18th, 2018 Sun City, AZ DETAILS

We did some investigating and came up with that one. I haven't used it much, but they've been alright. I am not too happy with the equipment though. I don't like the box that I have to carry around with me. I have to take it with me all the way to Washington and then carry it back with me. It's really heavy and not easy to carry. Besides, when I'm flying it's not the easiest thing. I'd like to have something that's simpler. It would also be nice and a lot more useful if the thing worked if i fell outside, there's really nothing I can depend on if that were to happen. If it could also automatically detect falls without me having to press the button it would be great.

Miriam Heller

January 18th, 2018 Shingle Springs, CA DETAILS

I got something from Kaiser about LifeStation since I'm a member. I thought I would give it a try and ran with it. So far I've only actually used it once. They were here in no time at all with an ambulance and took me to the hospital. Price-wise it's pretty much the same you'd get with other companies. I did have some problems with some of the units that they sent me to wear. They just didn't have the signal working the way it should and I had to call a couple of times to have the thing checked. Another problem that I've had is that I just forget to do the monthly checks, mainly just because I forget. I would think that they could call you themselves to check on you and in fact I'd recommend they do that. Other than that, I have nothing else to say.

Delores Cummings

January 18th, 2018 Carmichael, CA DETAILS

I just decided I should get a life alert of some sort and picked that one. I didn't really look around much to tell the truth. I don't think they answer quick enough when you call them though. I mean, if you're having a heart attack it's important that as soon as you push the button they answer. You need to get to the hospital as soon as possible so that's why the service doesn't really jive with me.

Viola Mendicino

January 18th, 2018 Palm Harbor, FL DETAILS

I live alone so I decided to get it. As soon as I press the button someone comes right away. It's good to have for someone like me who lives alone.

Patricia Hatfield

January 18th, 2018 Daly City, CA DETAILS

I don't really remember how we decided on LifeStation. My son thought that I needed to have something like it, especially since I could fall down very easily and I was 85. He was worried about me and in the end we settled on it. I haven't had to call them yet. I tested it to make sure that it's all working and they responded immediately then. I also have pushed it accidentally a couple of times by mistake and they answered immediately too. Now that I remember, I did have an incident where I fell in the bathroom. I just dropped unconscious out of nowhere and I didn't even have a chance to push the button. Fortunately my daughter was there and was able to call 911 but that was the only time I could've used it.

Shirleyh Tharp

January 18th, 2018 Ridgeville, IN DETAILS

I got it through a friend of mine. I've only had to use it once so far. It gives me security.

Helen Cox

January 18th, 2018 Dayton, TN DETAILS

I actually didn't decide on it. My son got it for me and he pays for it now. It has been good so far. I haven't really used it but customer support has been good so far. I'd recommend them.

Martha Herrington

January 18th, 2018 Gulf Breeze, FL DETAILS

My children got this for me after I had a stroke. I haven't had to use it yet but when you have a stroke you just feel that extra need for a little bit of support. Having it gives me a sense of security that I wouldn't have otherwise. The rare times that I've called them or used it to test it, the device has worked. Customer support is always right there on the spot with the information that I need. It's all there for me in case of emergencies.

Vicki

January 18th, 2018 Brodhead, WI DETAILS

My son picked it out for me. I've never really had to use it, but I've had times when I accidentally press the button. Customer support has always been there for me when that happens and the alarm goes off. They've answered every time.

January 18th, 2018 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS

Somebody bought it for me as a gift so my children would not be worried about me. I've never had to use it, but they've always answered my calls when I contact them. If something happens I know how to make it work.

G.Y.

January 18th, 2018 Citrus Heights, CA DETAILS

I'm a member of Kaiser and they were the ones that recommended it for me. I've never really used it, but it seems to be fine.

Mellissa Newman

January 18th, 2018 Bringhurst, IN DETAILS

I got it since their response time seems to be pretty good, though price was a big factor for me. We really haven't had to use it, though I've pushed the button a couple of times. They have responded promptly on those occasions and have done what I've asked them to do.

Eugene Daidone

January 18th, 2018 DETAILS

I got it since I live alone, so I went and dealt with them myself. I test the instrument once every three or four months. When I do, they respond within 30 seconds or so. I have no complaints about it and I can forget about it, it's like it doesn't even exists. It's good

Maria Mendoza

January 18th, 2018 Daly City, CA DETAILS

We were referred to them by Kaiser. They have been very responsive whenever we have a problem or when we do the monthly checks to ensure that the system is working. I haven't really used it outside of that, but it seems to work. The value that you get for the price is great. Since my mom is turning 90 soon and we don't know what or when something will happen, it's really a lifesaver.

Ellen Ligons

January 18th, 2018 Pasadena, CA DETAILS

I saw and ad about it and just kind of went with it, I didn't look at any others. I just knew that with my heart condition and other medical issues that I had, I needed something that I could have with me. Thank god I have been okay and haven't had to use it. I accidentally hit the button once though and the phone rang almost immediately. They were very concerned about me even though it had just been an accident and there was nothing wrong. The button is easy to use. It makes me feel like I can live on my own and that I can get help whenever I need it.

Georgia Sullinger

January 18th, 2018 North Ridgeville, OH DETAILS

I got it since my parents are disabled. They were the only service I was aware of at the time so I got it. I always get alerted if anything goes wrong and they also respond to any question I have. The button is also very accessible and easy to use.

Antonia Kittredge

January 18th, 2018 Walnut Creek, CA DETAILS

My cousin is with Kaiser and getting it through them was much less in terms of the cost than with any other company. Since he's my relative, I agreed and was able to join it. I was a bit apprehensive about it all at first but they've made me feel more comfortable. They have been very good. When they came down to help me they made sure I was secure and helped me out. I've had three or four different teams come down to help me and they've all been really nice. The only thing is that I would like them to change the base thing. Sometimes when I'm outside and I fall I can't speak with them at all when they answer. I have no complaints about the calls, they are very prompt and nice to me. They're very good at what they do and I know that I'm in good hands.

Shirley Briggs

January 18th, 2018 Centerton, AR DETAILS

The service was just recommended to me. I've had a great experience so far. I'm very happy with it.

Phyllis Calvin

January 18th, 2018 Clinton, WA DETAILS

My daughter was the one that chose it for me. I really haven't had to use it, but I'm satisfied with the service that I've gotten.

Zulma Moore

January 18th, 2018 Elyria, OH DETAILS

When my husband died I was left alone in my house so I needed something like LifeStation. They have always been very nice whenever I have any problems with the system. They have been right on target every time. I have the little pendant and I wear it. It's very simple to use but I haven't really checked it. Actually I didn't know that the battery of the thing was going down, it doesn't really have any indicator for that, but they noticed. They sent me a little notification to let me know what was going on and within a couple of days I received a new battery to replace it. They are also very understanding. I have grandbabies that come over to visit and sometimes they'll sit on it or just push the buttons because they like doing that. Customer support has been good about that. As for the price, I think it could be less but it's not bad.