LifeStation

verified

LifeStation

verified
Free Equipment & No Contract

Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost. LifeStation looks after the health and well-being of older adults, giving them, as well as their family members, peace of mind knowing they will be protected with LifeStation's emergency services and medical monitoring.

Additional highlights of the company include low monthly monitoring fees ($19.95 - $29.95), no equipment fees, no activation fees, no contract length, and a lifetime warranty on LifeStation equipment. The medical alert company has high ratings and exceptional service, which is evidenced by a number of positive Life Station reviews below.

The Good

• Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts
  • Multiple Plan Options
  • System and Warranty
  • Fastest Response time in the Industry
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
  • 5-Day Battery for Mobile System
  • "Find My Loved One" Feature
  • LifeStation Reviews
  • 1,000 ft Range from Base Station

Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most other leading competitor medical alert companies. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

Multiple Plan Options

LifeStation offers a variety of plans to ensure there is a choice that fits every consumer, regardless of their specific lifestyle. Whether you are regularly on the go or typically remain at your home, LifeStation has a plan to fit everyone's needs. Plan details for LifeStation's three main packages are below:

In-Home Landline - $19.95/Month

This package is best for customers who most often remain at home but still want to remain independent and safe in the case of an emergency.

• Shower-safe buttons wearable as a pendant or on the wrist
  • Sensitive whole-house 2-way speakerphone
  • Optional fall detection pendant available
  • Plug compatible with landline phone jack or modem - optional Cellular System available

In-Home Cellular - $26.95/Month

This plan is best for consumers looking for protection in their home and around their yard, as this plan has a larger range from the base station to ensure protection in the yard as well as in your home.

• 2-Way voice pendant
  • Shower-safe pendant up to 600-foot range (2 football fields)
  • Easy setup - connect to phone line and power within minutes
  • No activation or setup fees

Mobile with GPS - $29.95/Month

This package is best for consumers looking to be more active with their medical alert system and who plan to leave their home quite often. This medical alert device is made specifically for on-the-go.

• Reliable AT&T cellular and GPS location services
  • Optional fall detection and Bedtime Buddy button available
  • Shower-safe pendant goes where you go
  • No activation or setup fees

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. Their in-home system consists of a pendant or wristband with an emergency button and a base station that is connected to their monitoring center. The base unit and emergency button work within 1,000 feet of each other. When you press the button, a Care Specialist is notified that you are having an emergency.

The base station features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles. Read LifeStation reviews below to read about customers' experiences with different types of LifeStation alert systems.

Fastest Response Time in the Industry

LifeStation's monitoring center exceeds both national and industry standards for training and response time. It is a UL-listed and 5 Diamond Certified medical monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module.

Once this training for the response center personnel is successfully completed, there is field training guided by TMA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service and a quick response time.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month-to-month. This can give customers peace of mind that they can test out LifeStation and get their money back if the medical alert service doesn't work for them. LifeStation is essentially risk-free, and anyone can try the service without committing to any fees or contracts.

5-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of up to five days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other medical alert companies. Having a lengthy alarm battery life ensures the medical alert owner does not have to worry about charging the system every day and has the ability to go days without having to worry about doing so.

"Find My Loved One" Feature

For a limited time, LifeStation has created a "Find My Loved One" feature to go with all mobile GPS packages. This feature allows anyone on the emergency contact list of the medical alert owner to text "Find + [medical alert owner's name]." The contact will then receive a text message with a link to the address of the loved one's location on a map.

Whether it's used as an extra safety precaution or a way to find a medical alert device if lost, this feature adds additional peace of mind and added security for medical alert owners and their loved ones. With a simple text, they can check up on their loved ones and their whereabouts at any time.

LifeStation Reviews

LifeStation consumer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, highlighting exceptional LifeStation customer service, affordable pricing, quick response times, and quality equipment. LifeStation complaints are minimal, demonstrating a positive customer experience and awarding LifeStation a high star rating. Knowing LifeStation has reliable service and highly trained professionals can give consumers peace of mind that their loved one using the medical alert device will be taken care of.

1,000 ft Range from Base Station

LifeStation has a 1,000 ft range from the base station for its medical alert devices. Many medical alert providers have lower ranges closer to 600 ft. A larger range gives consumers more flexibility in how far they can travel from the medical alert device base station and ensures more protection in the case of a fall or another emergency.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation falls short of its competitors, who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge, is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox and Fall Detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee. However, the fee is minimal and won't raise your monthly payment by a significant amount. Check out LifeStaton reviews below to see if this has proved to be a problem to past customers.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits as well as modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. LifeStation's pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

LifeStation's greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and TMA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's state of the art monitoring center, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and LifeStation Fall Detection. The medical alert service is known for its quality medical alert systems with high-end equipment, exceptional customer service, and affordable pricing, including a low-priced monthly fee, no activation fee, no equipment fee, and no contract length.

If you're interested in learning more about the medical alert provider, read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about the company, its customer service, its equipment, and more.

Marin Andersen
June 24th, 2019 Seattle, WA

The service sounded good when I read about it online. But as soon as I contacted you the salesperson calling was pushy and called way too frequently

Susan Kastendiek
June 24th, 2019 New Paltz, NY

It was fantastic. The devices are easy to use, all were given free of charge. The only payment I make is the monitoring service. I need this because I live alone in a dense forest and my nearest neighbors are quite removed physically from me. They wouldn't hear me if I cried out or fell. The monitoring device senses a fall and calls 911 and instruct the EMTs ow to enter the house and find me. In addition, the system conducts regulars tests so I know is is working or they warn me it's time to recharge it. Customer service is Delivery of the device was quick, instructions for using it were easily understood, and the regular checking on its functionality is very comforting. All parts of the locks and devices are guaranteed and if need be, will be replaced without cost to me.

Jan
June 4th, 2019 Pooler, GA DETAILS

The system has been clear and thankfully I've not had an emergency.

Jun 04, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Jan! Hopefully you will never need to use the device but when you do you can feel comfortable knowing that we will be on the other end waiting to help you however we can.

Nancy Haddock
June 4th, 2019 Saint Augustine, FL DETAILS

I got Life Station at my daughter's insistence, and after we all researched the product and service. This appeared to be the best fit for us at a price we wanted to pay. When my husband recently died, I called the company to cancel his unit. The rep explained what I needed to do (reutrn his unit and charger), and the matter was taken care of. We never had to use our units for an emergency - and I hope I never have to - but when we accidentally triggered a call, the rep came on quickly to determine we were okay. I'm very pleased with LifeStation and don't intend to switch companies.

Jun 04, 2019

Thank you for the review Nancy! I am sorry to hear about your loss, but i am glad that we were able to provide peace of mind for you while you were using the service.

Marilyn Belcher
May 29th, 2019

Life Station calls me each day. I do not like this.

lawrence p. Bennett
May 29th, 2019

Initial was good. The rep was knowledgeable and friendly, I said that I was comparing other companies and would get back in a few days. For the next three days a different rep called at least three times a day. Therefore I will NOT be using your service.

May 29th, 2019 La Crosse, WI DETAILS

Whenever I had a little problem with charging, I called and I had a replacement the next day. Ever since, it's worked perfectly. They are the best customer service and they took care of me right away. They're always right there answering. I accidentally set it off and they're right there. I like the speed in which they answered. I let them know it was an error and they wanted to make sure I was okay. I'm very very happy with them.

Earlean
May 29th, 2019 Springfield, OH DETAILS

If something happens they come with immediate service. It's easy to use. When I was lost driving and couldn't figure it out, I made a phone call and got me back on the right track.

Vicky
May 29th, 2019 Hayesville, NC DETAILS

We've always had a prompt response when we called. It's easy to use. There's a station that goes into the land line because they did not have cell service or GPS in their area. When we first got it, we tested it and we've had some mishaps where my mother touched it and someone came on. They were very polite and she told them it wasn't an emergency. The techs were able to call us and they were able to tell us it wasn't a life threatening emergency. Everything's working great. We had a great response.

Emma
May 29th, 2019 North Myrtle Beach, SC DETAILS

I've had to call several times about a variety of things and it worked out satisfactorily. It's for my mother. One time she inadvertently set off the alarm and the EMT's came. We have tested it and it works.

Hilari
May 29th, 2019 Perris, CA DETAILS

Have used customer service a couple of time and they were pretty good. Tested the device and everything was fine, the response was very quick.

May 29, 2019

Thank you for the review Hilari!

May 29th, 2019 Plymouth, IN DETAILS

I fell once and I couldn't get up and I had a couple of good looking men come and pick me up and I also had a breathing problem once and the EMTs came and took me the emergency room.

May 29th, 2019 Allegan, MI DETAILS

I like the monthly updates and the monthly alerts. Everything has gone well and it is good to know it is there if we need it.

Kimberly
May 29th, 2019 Aiken, SC DETAILS

The LifeStation device is easy to use and the response is very good. I lost one of the necklaces and they were very gracious and sent us a new one for no cost.

Shirley
May 29th, 2019 Gainesville, GA DETAILS

I would recommend it. We used when I fell down and broke my ankle and the firemen came after me and brought me to the hospital. I don't like having it around my neck but it works very well. they always come through and make sure everything is alright.

Carol
May 29th, 2019 Dayton, TN DETAILS

The only time I used it, when my grandchild pushed the button, I was very pleased. It is convenient having something around my neck. They are excelling and I am satisfied with their service.

Wendy
May 29th, 2019 Ransomville, NY DETAILS

I wish it were more attractive but I have always gotten a very good response and they came right away and put me in an ambulance. I feel very secure.

Phyllis
May 29th, 2019 Janesville, WI DETAILS

I have never had any problems with them. I feel totally safe when my son leaves the house. It was really handy when they came right away with the ambulance. I trust them completely.

Contrada
May 29th, 2019 Buffalo, NY DETAILS

They say it is waterproof, so I can do dished with it and it is okay if it gets wet. When I fall and can't get up they come and help me. They come right away when I call.

Kathryn
May 29th, 2019 Defiance, OH DETAILS

Every time I have used it accidentally, nobody has chewed me out of anything, all they ever say is that it is quite alright and they reset it for me. I am grateful for that. I wish it were cheaper and that it went farther.

Maris
May 29th, 2019 Clearwater, FL DETAILS

Already recommended it to several people. Very satisfied with it and I have had it for almost a year now. I like the fact that I don't notice it on my wrist and I wear it on my wrist all the time. Any contact I have with them has always been very positive and everybody is helpful and polite. They are very understanding about accidents.

Patricia
May 29th, 2019 Latrobe, PA DETAILS

The piece of equipment I have in my living room is a little bit big. I wish the price wasn't quite as high as it is.

Ruth
May 29th, 2019 Marathon, WI DETAILS

When I needed them, they were there and were so good. I wear it all the time and I am secure. When I accidentally bumped it, they called to see if I was okay. I am perfectly contented, it is worth having.

Ethel
May 29th, 2019 Hollis, NY DETAILS

In a pinch, if I needed help, all I have to do is press the button and no matter where I am somebody will come to my aid. When I put it to the test, it worked well.

Judy
May 29th, 2019 Carthage, MO DETAILS

If you need LifeStation, they will be at your door in less than ten minutes and that is wonderful. It is very easy to use and I have had no problems with it. Everybody is helpful and if you forget to check your machine once a month, they are nice and call and remind you.

Aubrey
May 29th, 2019 Sparkman, AR DETAILS

Customer service is friendly and helpful. I have had nothing but good experiences with the employees. Everything has been great. I like that you can speak to someone directly if you need to push the button.

Nancy
May 29th, 2019 Reading, PA DETAILS

The medical alert device does not work. I tested it and the company answered and I heard them but that was the last time it worked. I really could use something like this but it just doesn't work for me.

Gerald
May 29th, 2019 Fredericktown, MO DETAILS

Always prompt and work with me. There have been a couple of false alarms due to my father accidentally pressing the button and it has always been a pleasant experience. I wish it had more range so it could work elsewhere but we're on cellular so we're limited.

George
May 29th, 2019 Rockledge, FL DETAILS

I test at least once a month or every three to four week and I always get an immediate response from an agent. I am satisfied with the device, it seems to work well and it is small.

Karen
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

I have no complaints. It is here for an emergency and that is important to me and my daughter. When I tested it the other day, it came out very good.

May 29th, 2019 Madison, WI DETAILS

I like that the device is small and handy. I have suggested it to other people but I don't know if they have contacted them.

May 29th, 2019 Mission Viejo, CA DETAILS

Tested it a couple of times and it works fine. It came on once and I was able to hear him alright, it kind of scared me, but it was good. It is only about twenty five dollars a month which is great.

Francesca
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Every time I have pushed the button, somebody was right there to respond. I never had to wait long. I try to test it once a month to make sure it is working. Everybody at lifestation is very nice and has a nice tone and are very polite.

Cyril
May 29th, 2019 Washington, DC DETAILS

I think it is a good company and I like it because I can go in the water. I would prefer it if it were a little smaller but it is okay.

May 29, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Cyril! At the moment current technology does not allow us to make the device any smaller without losing some of the features that makes it as good as it is. As technology evolves we will work to get a smaller device with the same level of innovation inside but at the moment we are limited by what is available to us.

Barbara
May 29th, 2019 Arkadelphia, AR DETAILS

Convenient that I can wear it on my wrist or around my neck. If I need them, all I need to do is push a button and immediately someone comes.

Luz
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Customer support always answers everything. I don't like that I have to call every month but the device is very good and I think it is a wonderful program.

Ricky
May 29th, 2019 Belton, SC DETAILS

I don't dislike anything, it works good. They can help me.

Dorothy
May 29th, 2019 Lakeland, FL DETAILS

I can depend on it but it is kind of big and heavy and I was supposed to have a chain not instead of a cord, but that is not a big problem.

May 29, 2019

Thank you for the review Dorothy!

Wade
May 29th, 2019 Concord, CA DETAILS

LifeStation is very quick to respond and I like the fact that I keep setting it off all the time. I am very happy with it. I think they are doing a good job.

May 29, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Wade!

Kathy
May 29th, 2019 Alexandria, KY DETAILS

I like the security it offers. It is easy for my mother to talk to them when she pressed it.

Thanks Kathy!

Carolyn
May 29th, 2019 Milford, PA DETAILS

There are other companies that are cheaper, I think, but I feel safe with it and I love the fact that it has GPS. Anytime I have set off the alarm, whether it is was a false alarm or not, they respond quickly and are very understanding. The thing I don't like about it is the piece around your neck is a bit too big and heavy.

Richard
May 29th, 2019 Columbus, OH DETAILS

Everything works smoothly and I feel safer with it.

Roberta
May 29th, 2019 Orangevale, CA DETAILS

I like having it, I feel secure but I don't like having things hanging around my neck and I can't wear anything on my wrist. I had to have it recalibrated to be more sensitive because one time it did not go off. Customer support responds promptly.

Leona
May 29th, 2019 Krum, TX DETAILS

I like the fact that it is very portable but I don't like the fact that in the short time, I have had three units malfunction. However, customer service has replaced them each time. One time they couldn't hear me so they accidentally called the emergency people before they called my cell to confirm. I think it is a good idea and could be a good product, it just need a but of improvement.

Joan
May 24th, 2019 Pompano Beach, FL DETAILS

Every time I activate it, they're right on the line. I like that it's automatic recharge. They are very quick to respond. It hangs around my neck and it's a little bit heavy but it's not that big and easy to activate. There has been a day where they came out right away. There was a lot of noise around me and my first responder couldn't find it because I was outside watching fireworks and I didn't have my phone so she came and found me. The medical people were on their way to help. They're looking out for me.

J
May 24th, 2019 Riverside, CA DETAILS

They make me feel really secure. So far I've enjoyed LifeStation. They've been right there on the spot if I needed help by chance. I've accidentally hit it and they answer immediately. It went very smoothly when I tested it.

Dorothy
May 24th, 2019 Antioch, CA DETAILS

They're always there if I need them. The device is heavy. I've tested it once or twice, especially if I am wearing it and lean up against my table. A man answered and I had no idea it said I was falling so that's good.

Melvin
May 24th, 2019 Chino, CA DETAILS

They're there for me every time I need them. I've tested it several times and I accidentally set it off sometimes when I'm working and lifting something. They always answer within thirty seconds and ask me I'm alright. I always ask them to tell me my location and they're always spot on.

May 24th, 2019 Covington, TN DETAILS

I've not had to use it as an emergency but I have to test it and they're always right there. The device is ugly. LifeStation is great. It's a great company and a great device.

May 24th, 2019 Humble, TX DETAILS

It went out the other day and I have no idea how it went off. It did come back and everything has been okay.