Life Alert Logo

Life Alert

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

2.1

Dale High Point, NC

Life Alert is a ripoff. They didn't tell me Ithat they had put me in a 3 year contract until the very end of the sale. The lady told me that I could not cancel now because she had put me in a 3 year contact and she would not cancel it. She was very rude. My 3 year contract will be up April 2018 and I will not continue this lousy service from these rude people.

Dan Hedrick Crystal City, MO

My mom had fallen and her Life Alert is suppose to sense that she is on the floor. Well....... It didn't, and her button around her neck did not work. I had to manually push the big ole button on the equipment y her phone to see if it even worked. It did but...... The call was dropped on Life Alert's end, and it took them forever to call her back. This is a real cause for concern. I will be talking to her to change who she uses. Life Alert is not reliable when they need to be!!!

Sarah W. Brazil, IN

Have used it. Have one. As far as am concerned, it is useless. (1) It is to costly for the one's who depend on it. (2) I disconnected mine. No one should have to have a contract. (3) What if you don't need it anymore? You are locked in a contract and have to continue to pay monthly until the contract is up. Someone is getting rich! (4) I will give you a example. When I would push the button, just to test, it takes more than 15 minutes to answer. I could have had a heart attack and died before they even got here!.

Barbara New York, NY

Yesterday I ordered Life Alert for my father. I didn't know about all the other companies out there. My father was upset with me for not doing more research before ordering. We found another company, Medical Guardian, which was rated #1 this year. They have lower rates, better equipment & better customer service. My father & I called Life Alert to cancel. The rep was so rude with us. He tried scaring & bullying my father to stay with them. Plus, he said they would charge him the $198 for the cancellation. This company is awful! Don't waste your money. Keep looking.

annhadley Los Angeles, CA

i was told i had a 3yr. contract which i have no memory or copy of. my card was compromized and the company could't access my account because of the new card issued. if i paid the 49.99 they were unable to collect, they would lower my fee to 39.99. i was told i could not cancel. i have never used the alert in over 2 years but i have tested it and it takes a long time for them to respond.

Paul Castrovinci Nashville, TN

I called Life Alert for information and pricing. They are sending me a brochure. I said I wanted information "TODAY, as I am pricing medical alert systems. I was transferred to a sales representative. He gave a very long sales pitch, too much information. He did not give me pricing information until the end of his boring sales pitch. He asked me too many questions, which was very annoying. I just wanted pricing, not a sales pitch. He was also very pushy and I did not appreciate that. I will NOT consider Life Alert for my medical alert system.

[email protected] Dallas, TX

On 2/5/16 My Mother was enrolled for for Life Alert . On 2/19/16 Janice cancelled the order at my request. On 4/11/16 Supervisor Rene told me they only provide refunds when the customer asks for it; he said the equip was received on 2/19, and he was going to release the refund of $125.96. On 6/30/16 (Over 80 days later) I was told they are waiting on a Supervisor to approve the refund. They refused to let me speak directly to a Supervisor or Senior Manager, would only take my name and send me to a voice mail.

Neil Freese Lewes, DE

They make it extremely difficult to cancel the service. First they tell you no one can help you at this time and someone will call you back. When you have to finally call back then they want a power of attorney faxed over. They do everything possible to stop you from canceling.

Lorraine Beavers Los Angeles, CA

I fell in the kitchen and life alert sent help right away. I am very happy. They are very nice. Thank you

Maria Bolingbrook, IL

Life Alert absolutely refuses to cancel the contract. There have been a number of false alarms. The paramedics have come to my house twice in the past 24 hours. Once at 3:30 in the morning. I called Life Alert and asked them to turn off the unit and they refused.

Florence Donoghue Ojai, CA

This is a horrible company!! They had me sign a contract for service and didn't explain that it was for 36 months. They deny this, but they are predators and fraudulent in their practices, praying on seniors! Do not sign up with this company and never for 36 months. When I spoke to them all they could do was regurgitate there script.

Ginger Barnes Boulder, CO

I called Life Alert twice to get some pricing as my mom just passed away and I needed something for my dad. They hung up on me twice because I would not give them my full address. I just had 2 questions and hey would not answer them for me- I was told they are in "the free brochure they will mail me" So ridiculous. They just lost a customer.

Lissette Burbank, CA

The people at life alert harass you and hang up on you when they don’t make a sale. With this type os salesmanship, I would be very cautious and apprehensive of a purchase of this sort for a loved one. Extremely disappointed with a company that’s suppose to help those is delicate and fragile stages.

terry natte Grand Rapids, MI

Life aleret is a terrible company my wife fell in the shower pressed the life alert button they never called she laid there for 2 hours and was finally able to get up they are so crooked I am telling every one not to ever sign up with life alert and there contract is to long , warning to every one don't use these criminals

Trixie Hahn Escondido, CA

Horrible experience. Mom tried to cancel on second day after install, within the 3 day cooling off period required by California state law. Company refused despite certified letter. She disconnected the device that same day, and it was 6 days before Life Alert noticed and texted to ask if she needed medical help

Jim White Plains, NY

DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR PHONE NUMBER!! I made the mistake of calling them simply for a brochure for my mother. Now they call EVERY DAY twice a day! I got so angry at the woman tonight I told her I was blocking her number and already signed up with another service. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY OF YOUR INFORMATION!!

Art Scott

Piece of crap . I'm paying for a service but they don't service their equipment . When ever there's a problem somebody on the phone wants to walk me through fixing it , they charge to send a tech to fix their freaking equipment . That's bullshit! Moms old and I have a job ! Searching to replace these sick weeds with someone who will send help !

Paula Granville, OH

A total rip off company!! Tried to cancel and got nothing but harassment from them. They threatened to sue--for what? Not needing the service anymore? DON'T EVER USE THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU ENJOY HARASSMENT, RED TAPE, AND LIFETIME AND BEYOND CONTRACTS.

ann

They provide decent service BUT when my mom went to an assisted living home followed by a nursing home they REFUSED to cancel the service without proof that she was deceased or in the nursing home. They consider once one signs up that it is a LIFETIME contract that can only be cancelled with absolute proof that the service is not needed.

barbara giugliano Franklin Square, NY

they over charged my mother in law (89) by about $30 a month...they sent her smoke defector and some other stuff that was never installed in in the box and charging her...going to complain to BBB and consumer affairs ...plus very rude representatives

John Pews

Gave them my moms address to send brochure and they somehow got her phone # and started calling and harassing her. Called two different numbers to put her on do not call list and they both hung up on me. They lost me as a customer. Glad I read these reviews, these people do not care!

David Dickman Houston, TX

Company representatives lie to get your contract. State that if you wand to cancel, all you need is a doctor's letter stating that service is no longer need. I had service for 1.8 years, then need it no longer and they refuse to cancel my contract, even though I have a doctor's letter. RIP OFF!! THEY LIE!!

Judy Sylva, NC

They turned my smoke detector off and I had a small fire at my house. If I hadn't been awake and able to put the fire out my animals and I would have burned alive. They said the smoke detector was too sensitive, but would not replace it. I don't trust them to detect CO2 or to get help if I fall or become ill.

Barbara Bunch Richmond, VA

If you get this system, be prepared to use it til you die. It is incredibly difficult to get out of the contract.We are moving to Assisted Living Facility and they need to verify that they are a 24 hour care facility. Why does Life Alert care where we go. We DO NOT WANT THEIR SERVICE.

Rhonda Pikeville, KY

Life Alert never mentions a three year contract on the phone. Only if you read the paperwork closely will you know ithat you signing a 3 year contract. They told my mother it was a month to month after specifically asking if she had to sign a contract. Fraud.

Bruce Groveland, CA

in asking for details about how the system works all the rep. wanted to do is talk about the condition of the person who it was for not how the system works. We live in the country so the cell service is pool and when I would ask about what was needed he kept going back to what is the persons condition.

Augusta Lynn Eaglin-Porter North Fort Myers, FL

Customer service bad got my equipment was unable to contact anyone till Monday . Poor communication . Have to be in the room with monitor to talk with person when bottom pushed. iAs a retired nurse I feel it's not user friendly. I'll see how trying to close account is.

Shary Chagrin Falls, OH

My unit is not working. I don’t know why it just stopped working! I called the company to report it and was told they are only available Monday thru Friday, 8-5. It is Saturday...so I’ll try not to fall! What a bunch!

Mary C. Oliver

Worst experience in my 77 years. High pressure. Take advantage of the elderly. Dishonest. Customer Service is horrible. Downright rude. Scam artists. This company is in business of ripping off clients. They lie!!

Rita Kleinman West Mifflin, PA

Have used for several years, husband and I. Excellent customer service. Would like to see auto fall detection capability. Otherwise very pleased.

Sparky

Very hard to cancel if under the 3 year contract. You had to proof why you want to cancel if going to a nursing home or death not because you found a cheaper and better company or you will pay a penalty.

T J Anderson

The agents are arrogant, not really interested in subject. When I showed displeasure they were nasty. Slow to answer. They are terrible. Previously had mobile alert mistake to change. Will be happy when contract ends.

Doris Annick

The contract is for three years. They will not let you cancel unless you die. The monthly charge is very expensive.. I live in a retirement community. I advise people not to use this service.

William wright Wakefield, RI

I had a malfunction of their system, and I can only describe their response as RUDE. Also there are other systems with more features for less money. When my son signed up, they did not explain it was a three year contact.

Lucy bradley Waco, TX

A couple of months ago I had an emergency I hit the button on the machine It kept saying Please wait I would have had a much quicker response by calling 911

Rachael Bagley Mission, TX

I called for information. A fast talking salesman had me committed to a 3 yr. contract before I knew it. Was unable to cancel. Would not recommend it.

Elaine

Beware of life alerts lack of customer service and billing after you get into a contract. Poor website. No chat online. Taking advantage of older folks.

Ronald Brown Houston, TX

This a terrible company to work with. They are absolutely void of any understanding of the terms "Customer" or "Service"

linda Marshville, NC

Six years of poor customer service Impossible to cancel. Still trying to get out of contract seemingly reknews itself without my permission. Stuck.

fiestymom128

so far I have no complaints, they answer the phone they do what you ask

John White Atlanta, GA

Y'all are charging me an installation fee but are sending it to my house and asking me to plug it in and set it up.

John Wimberley, TX

Life alert is horrible . They will not allow you to disconnect service. Run away from them.