AT&T Internet Logo

AT&T Internet

7.3

AT&T has been providing telecommunications services to people across the United States for more than 30 years. You may have have experience with AT&T as a company dedicated to powering your mobile phone, but they're also a popular TV and internet service provider.

You can bundle phone, TV, and internet plans through AT&T, so if you're in the market for all three, this company may be your go-to ISP. AT&T offers its customers one of the world's largest wireless networks, and it's known for being reliable and strong. The company's large customer base benefits from this wide range of services at reasonable prices that will fit in any budget.

But like all ISPs, AT&T has its limitations: AT&T internet is available in 21 states and offers speed up to 1 Gig. Still impressed? So are we.

View Customer AT&T Internet Reviews

The Good

• Affordable Prices
  • High Speeds
  • Rural Availability
  • Generous Data Cap
  • Equipment
  • Bundling Options

Affordable Prices

AT&T Internet is a popular choice because they have a variety of packages. These plans prices are based on a one-year commitment:

• Internet Basic 5 (DSL Plan) — $30 per month
  • Internet 10-100 (DSL Plan) — $40 per month
  • Internet 100 (Fiber Optic) — $40 per month
  • Internet 300 (Fiber Optic) — $40 per month
  • Internet 1,000 (Fiber Optic) — $60 per month

The following disclaimers apply to each of these packages:

Plus taxes. 12 mo. agmt, other qualifying service & combined billing req'd. Incl 1 TB data/mo. $10 chrg for each add'l 50 GB (up to $100/mo). Limited availability in select areas. May not be available in your area. Visit AT&T to check service availability. Actual customer speeds may vary and are not guaranteed. Download speeds are typically up to 940 Mbps due to overhead capacity reserved to deliver the data. Speeds may also vary based on factors including site traffic, content provider server capacity, internal network management factors, and end user device capabilities. For more information, go to www.att.com/speed101

AT&T offers these high speed internet plans through fiber and DSL internet. Internet Basic 5 and 10-100 are DSL; Internet 100, 300, and 1,000 are offered through fiber. Not every service provider can offer the consistent download and upload speeds of fiber-optic internet, so this option could be worth looking into if it's available in your area. And it's also worth noting that Internet 1,000 has an unlimited data allowance.

The price for an AT&T internet package is even more impressive when the customer compares the prices to some of the competing broadband providers. Top-tier internet plans from some other companies can cost significantly more than the cost of AT&T's fiber plans.

High Speeds

If you're like any other customer, you're looking for more bang for your buck. AT&T's competitive speeds for broadband and fiber could impress you, especially given their modest price tag. These packages provide different levels of high-speed internet connection:

• Basic 5 — Up to 5 Mbps
  • Internet 10–100 — Up to 100 Mbps
  • Internet 300 — Up to 300 Mbps
  • Internet 1,000 — Up to 1,000 Mbps

These are fast download speeds. Customers should understand that these are the maximum possible download speeds, and you could experience slightly lower speeds depending on external factors, like traffic and computer software.

The Internet 10–100 plan is an average broadband speed that will be more than adequate for some customers; however, it may not be available in some areas.

Rural Availability

If the plans above aren't available in your region, you might still have some options with AT&T.

For customers in rural areas, AT&T may be able to provide better data speeds than many competitors through its Fixed Wireless Internet, which uses an outdoor antenna paired with an indoor router to deliver 25 Mbps speeds for $40 per month. And if you want to bump it up to $89.99 a month, you can bundle DirecTV.

Generous Data Cap

One advantage of choosing AT&T as an internet service provider is its generous data cap. With many of its internet plans, AT&T offers a data cap of 1 TB per month. AT&T also offers an unlimited data plan for $90 per month. This is a lot of data, so most customers won’t have to worry about going over the cap.

Equipment

Customers who sign up with AT&T can receive a modem that also acts as a router, providing Wi-Fi service for their devices. If you don't have your own equipment, this is ideal.

However, you'll pay a $35 activation fee if they perform self-guided setup. For technician service, the installation and activation fee is $99.

Bundling Options

You can bundle your internet with U-Verse TV to save on both. Internet providers typically offer cable TV as well, so this isn't an uncommon feature.

The cheapest package, U-Family TV + AT&T Internet, is $89.99 per month. The internet and TV bundles have an unlimited data allowance, which could be a perk for those who were on the fence about adding TV service to their bundle.

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Data Surcharges
  • Contract Required
  • Customer Service Complaints

Limited Availability

AT&T does not offer internet service in every state. There are 21 states across the country that have AT&T internet service networks. They are:

• Alabama
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Wisconsin

If you do not live in one of these states, AT&T is not an option for you.

Data Surcharges

While AT&T offers a generous data cap for most plans, there is an additional charge of $10 per 50 GB of data used past the data cap. This additional charge can be as much as $100 per month. If you choose AT&T, be cautious of how much data you are using, because you may end up with a higher internet bill than you planned for.

Contract Required

If you choose AT&T Internet, you'll have to sign a one-year contract. This might discourage you, because ending a contract early can sometimes result in termination fees which can add up. This will limit your ability to change service options if the need arises.

Customer Service Complaints

Some negative reviewers note that customer service has them feeling like they're being passed between representatives without any solution for an issue. This is a common complaint about many ISPs.

However, not every review expresses this sentiment, and many others praise the patience and knowledge of AT&T representatives.

The Bottom Line

You can see some clear advantages to using AT&T Internet from our review. AT&T gives most of their customers four different internet plans to choose from. These high-speed access products offer fast internet speeds and a variety of features. AT&T's Internet 1,000 plan isn't the fastest on the market, but if you have 1 TB in data allowance, this should be plenty for any family.

But keep in mind that part of AT&T Internet's terms and conditions there is a one-year contract. This contract can be inconvenient and result in an early termination fee if you need to move or want to change providers. Additionally, the customer will have to pay an extra fee for any overages.

AT&T is a great internet service provider to choose if you are looking for quality internet access and are already utilizing other services from this company.

Call our recommended rep over at AT&T Internet below.

3.2

Fr. Ron Nuzzi South Bend, IN

AT&T technicians are unfailingly polite and respectful, but they have a faulty product. My fiber service has been out 3 times in 3 weeks, twice over the weekend. Terribly inconvenient for everyone. 800-number to reach service personnel results in long waits and much incompetence. One agent told me that my router would need to be reconfigured because unplugging it as a I did disconfigures it. Strange. Another agent told me I was on a wait list for service only to find out there is no wait list. Finally, I have called my local service area manager 5 times and left messages and he has yet to offer me the courtesy of a reply. I cannot recommend AT&T at the moment. The product is faulty, the service spotty, the leadership unresponsive.

Ronnie Rockinoldman63 Delaware Concord, CA

The company provides a good service, it the equipment they provide that pulls them down. I do not have a mobile service with ATT only their home products. The router they provide is spotty at best even with the mesh network I had to set up. The modem is only up less than 80% of the time. They have replaced it but they use the same model, so the problem is inherent to the model. Other than that, their prices are fair as I feel that I am getting the quality I expect for the price I am paying. The customer service, while not over the top, much better than Comcast.

Chuck Vaughn Tulsa, OK

I am very satisfied with ATT (Uverse) Internet(DSL). I have been with them for many years and I have a very few problems. The cost is really not bad if internet is bundled with phone. I have always found customer serv. to be easy to deal with and tech support walks me through procedures. When a tech comes to my home they are knowledgeable, friendly, etc. The only downside to the service is that the weather causes signal loss which is unavoidable with satellite. I recently considered switching to cable but after reading the reviews I decided NO!!!! I have very rarely seen so many 0ne Star reviews!

Terry Rehms Kansas City, MO

The Internet service was adequate at best but the Customer serving in the billing were a joke ISwitchto Xfinity ComcastThe service is great and the customer service representatives know what they’re doingXfinity I would not recommend AT&T no matter how many gift cards they offer you

Raven Brodsky New York, NY

The service works okay, but the bill pay process was a pain. Setting up auto pay was not as simple as other services I have used and the app for the bill would often forget the cached password, forcing me to go hunt it off the password manager.

Nancy Smith Covina, CA

Yes, I've had a experience with AT&T of no accountability at all. I began documenting my contacts with them: over 20 since December and at least 4 trips out by a technician. Our service is getting worse instead of better. We are a church that, during lockdown, depends on being able to stream our services on Sundays. However, we can't do that dependably. Today, people trying to watch in real time said it was so jerky and delayed, it was unwatchable. Then, we lost the stream. During the talk by our remote guest (remember, this is lockdown) - the video was not in sync with the sound. A little more information: I have asked for the same technician each time, so the technician would have background knowledge about what has already been tried and can build on what was done before. However, I'm told the company has no control over which technician comes out - this is scheduled by a National Technician Scheduling department. So, they often will start from scratch, not knowing that what they're trying has already been tried. This is a waste of my time and does not solve the problem. The technician is supposed to be able to see the notes left by previous technicians so he will know what was done in the past; however, technicians have told me they did not have any notes. On two occasions, supervisors have promised me that they left explicit notes for the technician about what needs to be done, only to have the technician tell me no notes were left. Twice, when I asked by phone to escalate this case, the person I spoke to said they were going to send out a supervisor with the technician, but both times, there was no supervisor and one of the technician said they almost never actually do send out a supervisor. So, the company was not being honest. There is no accountability at all. I have asked the company to give me one person who will stay on our case, who I can stay in contact with, until our problem is solved, but the company refuses. I am told that, although the company has no control over which technician is sent out, there is only one manager of all the technicians in our area. I asked to be put in contact with that person, but was refused. Actually the person on the phone promised to alert the person to the problems with our account, but I could not be put in contact with the person, nor would the person contact me. I was supposed to take this person's word that he or she would alert the manager, and also trust that the manager would care. There is no accountability at all. Our church depends on the ability to stream during lockdown and the number of congregants willing to try watching the service has dwindled. Three tried to watch today. The viability of our organization is dependent on adequate Internet service and the poor service has jeopardized our organization's ability to continue. Yet, I cannot get AT&T to care and to solve the problem. Our neighbor is having the same problem of poor service from AT&T. AT&T told us that if we added a second account, that might solve the problem. So, we added a second account and a technician came out to install it. When asked, he told us that the service to both modems would be coming in on the same line, but the person insisted that that would still make service better because the modems are where things get bogged down. So, the modem worked for a little while, but then it didn't. Someone came in to "fix" the service to the new modem, then our old modem no longer worked. Someone came in to "fix" the service to that modem and the new modem stopped working. It turns out this is because two modems cannot be on the same line. AT&T must have figured out the problem, because they sent someone out to install a second line, but they didn't attached it to a port. After contacting them again, they sent someone out to attach it to a port. But, as you can see from above the service is even worse than it was before. Trust me, if I had a choice, we would have changed providers. The only 2 other services to our location are a satelite service and another service that uses AT&T lines. All I can do is document. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. Our "business" depends on this and such a big company does not care. It is too big and if it is allowed to be the monopoly it is in our neighborhood, then it needs to be better regulated.

Andrea Wheaton, IL

So AT&T in my area still uses phone lines! I couldn't believe it when they told me. We did not like the service we had because it was slower than the package we bought. Their excuse was because our home was so far from the box on the street. It was not usable for streaming and working from home. We were happy to get rid of the service as soon as we could.

KLF Fort Worth, TX

Mostly positive but introductory prices increase by a lot when the initial service periods end. We have not required any service or repair in 2+ years.

G S Fort Worth, TX

I have been using AT&T internet at home for over 5 years , and I feel its a great value and the service has always been reliable

Jamie Organ Chicago, IL

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND SERVICE WITH THIS COMPANY. I work from home and depend on my internet service for my livelihood due to Covid. My internet has been down for TWO WEEKS. They said it was an issue with my router and shipped me a new one and I still have yet to receive it. Every time I call it it’s just more empty promises of when my equipment will be delivered. This company has made the last two weeks of my life a living hell due to stress and having to literally go to the gym to be able to work. And nobody seems to care or actually do anything to take care of the situation. DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY IF YOU ACTUALLY DEPEND ON INTERNET SERVICES.

Martin Rubalcava Los Angeles, CA

I really think [email protected] is a great internet provider they have great customer service theirs internet service is delivered by fibre optics great speeds for downloading or streaming video and gaming they also offer a service for people who have low income for ten collards a month I think it is very kind of them to help those who can't afford internet a low ten dollard a month what a great way of them giving back to the community I am very pleased with [email protected] and recommend it to my friends and family.

Cheryl

I'm satisfied with AT&T. The service is reliable and if there's ever a problem that can't be resolved remotely, someone comes to my home almost immediately. I have wondered, however, why NBC streams slowly when no other streaming service is slow. I'm typically not prone to conspiracy theories, but I've wondered if it's not because NBC is owned by AT&T and they're making a case for an upgrade to a faster service.

Gabriel Sanchez Phoenix, AZ

AT&T Internet always my family to use multiple devices at one time with constant high speeds.

Kim Yoo Overland Park, KS

I just canceled AT&T after paying my bill three days ago and was told I would be required to pay an additional month of service because they had sent another bill to me yesterday and even though I would not need their service or want their service, they will not stop service at my request, but at their convenience. Tasha (who was very nice and apologetic) said they started this practice in 2019 and there is no proration and always another bill after cancelling service with AT&T. This is terrible customer service and I would highly suggest finding another provider - the signal is not sufficient for any home larger than 1500sf anyway - even with a booster(which is why I cancelled).

Vanessa Suarez Mission, TX

I was with Sprint right before I began with smart phones, I did not like them. Then I went to ATT, and have been with them for about 8 years. I hate their phone service for problems and questions. It is long, complicated and really oudated. That said, I have found a stand alone office on Mile 3 in Mission, which has a group of young reps which are a joy to know. They are knowledgeable & helpful.

George N Atkinson III Haslet, TX

Reliable most of the time and very fast. AT&T is expensive but I am willing to pay for what I get. I’ve been with them for 15 years and we had our first outage for a day and a half. They fixed it right so we are back up and running without anymore interruptions. I love AT&T it’s a name associated with excellence.

Michele Stone Florissant, MO

They appear to believe more about the dollar than the customer. I was in the hospital so didn't pay my bill on time. They charged me a late fee of $9. I didn't realize it and was just ignoring it which in turn was an added late fee, and another. When I tried having it removed I was told I could only be forgiven ONCE A YEAR!! I didn't believe the person and tried the next month. I was charged again! I finally went ballistic and wanted a Supervisor. Again I was told the same story, ONCE A YEARONLY!! I than wanted that person's boss because by then they were charging me late fees on the late fees!!! I was told he was in a meeting. I reiterated I didn't care, because I've been dealing with this problem for months, I'm not well, and this needs to be resolved so I'll wait. Send him a text but I can't keep doing this!! The text was sent and all the late fees removed. FINALLY!!! Furthermore, when you call about a problem it's not fixed and you get the same speech, " We'll give you 100 MEGA bytes (or some such type) so you'll have a better reception." That was what they said about why I had to have U Verse. And the same words roll out every time I complain about how bad it is at night

Cade Boudreaux , FL

I love AT&T’s Internet. It’s 300 MPS allows me to stream quickly and easily. My only thing is when the weather gets bad sometimes my service tends to cut out. It’s easily affordable when partnered with a phone service though.

SD

I have had At&t, google fiber, and spectrum/time warner in the local area. I like that At&t is a good balance of price and quality. Their good pricing is offered as an introductory rate that increases after a year. Pricing should always be competitive, and the good initial rate should stick. When the promotional rate ends, At&t is no better than other services. After a recent move, setup was unreliable. The modem/router was delivered late pushing the start date back a week. I had to call several times to schedule setup because if their bad planning- they didn't have enough equipment.

Rich Wagner Brooksville, FL

I started to experience slower service abount 4 months into the 1 gig unlimited fiber internet from AT&T. Had a service tech come and he claimed that it wouldn't reach 1 gig. So I accepted that I wouldn't have the service they advertised, and after he reset the gateway, the service went up to 250 mbs. About 3 weeks later it had slowed down again: my computer sometimes would only get 40mbs. So with the service call to disconnect, I had to fight to keep from paying an early termination fee of $90.00. I was given the run-around with a couple of dead-end calls until I reached the billing mgr who took care of that. But she told me that it's corporate policy that I wouldn't get a paid-bill-refund since it's mid-billing cycle (I just payed for the month.) So my analogy to her was, "if you lease a car, and it's a lemon, and the dealer won't replace it, wouldn't you get a refund of your balance for the month, and not have any termination fee, as it was the dealer who breached the lease?" All she could say is that it's corporate policy. DON'T GET AT&T INTERNET IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER OPTION! When they don't provide the service that they've promised, then they have a "policy" in place to keep, or steal, as much money as they can for their breach of trust/ service.

Robb Senoia, GA

When it works it’s great. We’ve had att service for around a year. Recently tv freezes, upload/download speeds started slowing down. Made a our FIRST appointment. Scheduled for today July 19 between 8-10. I went back and forth with operators and texting all day. At 4:00 he still had t shown up. Nobody can track him? Really? I asked , “did he even show up for work today”? Nobody knows. Wow. Now 4 days later is the next appointment. Super. So here we are 4 days later. Appointment was from 2-4 nobody showed yet, it’s now 6:30. They tried to call the tech and he’s not answering his phone. They say if he’s on his way here he won’t answer. They work until 8. Ok, more later.

Pat Johnson City, TN

Their representatives are easy to reach by phone. They have resolved issues quickly in the past. The local store could definately use some improvement. Although the customer care reps are knowledgeable, it is a long wait due to an insufficient number of employees.

Maria Reno, NV

I really like the offer to have my TV, Cellphone and Internet bundled with one company. The only thing I do not like is the internet speed. In my current area it is about 75mb; where I used to live I had 100mb; so it is a tad slower now. But other than that they have excellent customer service and varying programs and costs. Having everything bundled has saved me quite a few dollars as well.

William R Feerick

I have found for myself in speaking with them that there is a great deal of confusion over who actually is responsible for my internet. Is it [email protected] the parent company, UVerse, or Direct TV? It is because of that factor that I only gave them four stars due to the fact that it has created confusion when an instant had come up and I needed someone to come to my home to service the equipment as well as the fact that I had experienced confusion over past billing matters. However, in terms of the quality of the signal,. in that area I would give them five stsrs.

Tonya Pillow

I rated them 4 stars because I did have a problem a few years ago and it took them some time to determine the router needed to be replaced. Also I was told that if it was found not to be a problem with the equipment I would incur a service charge. While I appreciate that the have to send disclose the information it was the way it was said. Since the router was replaced the service has been impeccable so I'm very satisfied.

C Shaw Clarkston, GA

I like the quality of service but the prices could be better. I was turned off during the PANDEMIC and that was sad. I also was charged a hefty fee to be turned back on and I would not recommend them because of their lack of support during this unprecedented time.

Amanda Hastings, MI

Took forever to get service transferred from one address to another. Ridiculous wait time and getting things resolved. Then signed up for cable service through DirectTV/AT&T. Was told lower pricing and different service terms than what it really is. Was totally lied to and AT&T will not correct the issue.

Michele Germain Green Bay, WI

I like the service overall, but I have to fight every time my contract ends to just get a decent price. I have to make several different phone calls before I get satisfaction. I just wish they would be honest and offer the best price in the first place

Rachel Noel Jacksonville, FL

Our architecture firm has used AT&T U-verse internet services for many years. Recently, our WiFi connection failed and we were extremely disappointed with the customer service and lack of concern over the course of an entire work week. The technician that was sent out was overheard calling the main office to inform them that he had no idea how to fix our issue. Our business relies heavily on our internet and your lack of concern and inability to repair the problem within a reasonable timeframe was less than desirable and incredibly frustrating. We tried multiple times to reach the correct department to discuss all of this and appreciate the small credit provided for the loss of service. We are posting this feedback so your team is able to learn from their mistakes and improve your customer service going forward. -TTV Architects, Jacksonville, FL

Ryan Woodstock, IL

I have only had AT&T internet for about a week and I am really regretting getting them as my provider. There are two major problems I have regarding the service. The first is that every single day since we have gotten AT&T, including within 30 minutes of installation, our internet has gone down for at least 20 minutes. Currently it is going on 3 hours on the 4th day since install, and they cant get a tech out to fix it til Monday. Secondly is thier 'high speed'. I am paying for download speeds of up to 100 Mbps. My average download speed when doing speed tests has been about 0.9 Mbps. 0.9. Less than 1 Mbps. As an average. One speed test I ran an hour after install gave me a download speed of 0.13 Mbps. Even at best speeds I am only getting 11 Mbps. I would think fiber optic high speed internet should be faster than my old dial up.

Sylvain Goessens

Fairly good services received , even if it could be difficult' for certain services to be changed online or at the store , you have to call to change cable channel bouquet , you can not do it in person' or on your computer , they have good application for your devices though

Simone Boothe Brooklyn, NY

Great customer service, they will always help where you can feel your issue is a priority and will be taken care of the best way. The representatives are always very courteous, respectful and professional.

Robert Stroupe Conway, AR

AT&T has it set up so that understanding what you get is very confusing. I have DSL and my download speed is only half of what AT&T claims. I have a 150 GB limit, then they start charging extra. I don't know if I can get more data for a firm price because they have approx. 15 or 20 different internet service names and it's confusing to understand what you have. AT&T internet is trickery at it's worst. DSL never had data limits in the past, but it's AT&T's way of milking more money from you. I'm tired of the trick crap and confusing nature of the way they present to you what you're getting. They bought DirecTV, a home security company, they have wire phone service, long distance and cell service. AT&T has aquired so many businesses they can't make any of it work right, and then sweeten their pockets with data limits and tricky names so as to make it difficult to understand what kind of internet you're getting.

Fran P.

Have had AT&T from the beginning of internet. However, they are expensive. They provide us 1024 data allowance per month, of which we use less than 40 each month. There is no reduction for light users. Also, had to negotiate to remove "rental" on the internet "box" as we had been paying $4 per month for years; the item had been "Paid" for many times over. Our call allowance is 200 minutes per month. We routinely use less than 10 minutes a month, as my cell phone provider has much better rates, especially international rates.

Lynda David

Sometime unable to connect to server but that is very short lived. Within a few hours it is up and running. I never have waited no more than a day for the service to be back on and good as it get.

Dali Dallas, TX

I have AT&T dsl, and I used to have their cell phone service as well. The only thing I don’t like about their WiFi is that I have to reset it at the box every once and awhile. It will “go out,” ang I will be working and have to switch quickly to use my phone as a hotspot until I have a break and can fix the modem by resetting it. I feel like it should also be faster for what I am paying,

Johnson3307 Houston, TX

I loved my ATT Uverse but the price is to expensive! The internet speed was amazing and the service was extremely consistent if service is your #1 and price not an issue, you won’t be disappointed. I currently use ATT Direct TV and love it the price is more affordable than uverse and fits my needs.

Maria Artiles Fort Worth, TX

AT&T is everywhere and that is appreciated. I moved to a new development are and AT&T was the only one offering services. However, even the fastest internet available was not very fast and my connection is constantly interrupted.

Rosann Stanko Logan, UT

Along time ago we used AT&T for our internet service and we were very pleased with their service. The reason we changed companies was because we were able to get there same quality of service for a cheaper price. I also appreciated the customer service help when when I had a problem. They were very patient with my questions and even turned to a supervisor when they couldn’t answer the questions.

Ashley Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

My family uses AT&T for our internet service and I love it because wherever I am I can connect my device to one of the 30,000 Wi Fi hotspots nationwide for free! It also comes with free McAfee protection service at no additional cost. This is really important to me in this day and age.

nancy auberry Indianapolis, IN

The service with At&t has been great. Until just recently due to the Covid 19. More people are at home. Therefore more use of internet. Wifi seems to be a bit slow at times.

Norm W Culver, IN

- I have used At&t's internet service for years, not because it's outstanding but because I'm in an area where DSL only exists as far as I know . It's pricy and often I'm kicked off line and have to restart.After my daughter's experience with Comcast, I would never use it.Select -

Julie Boen Evans Boca Raton, FL

Had an issue that took 10 phone calls and 7 technicians to finally figure out it was something silly and small, caused me all types of issues and as I work from home cost me time and money. When I asked for some type of recompense I was told 32.27 cents was all that I could be offered. I said fine begrudgingly. My next bill they added back the discount. That was so speciall!!

Linda Racine, WI

Very mixed. One employee really messed up my email account by switching it to a new email address. The employee who corrected the problem was wonderful. So how do you rate that experience? It’s hard to know when you have slow internet service whether it’s the provider or the computer. AT&T is probably as good as any.

Jordan Akron, OH

Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Avoid at all costs. I'm am too drained to detail all the time and energy they have wasted, but suffice to say that the service representatives made no effort to understand my problem and they assured me it was being addressed when in fact it was not. Each time I spoke with a representative I explained that the service box / modem / optical network terminal is missing its AC adapter. I told them I have received the gateway / router and its power cable; that is not the issue. I was assured that they were sending the AC adapter for the service box multiple times. Eventually a representative admits that they have not sent it. I speak to a supervisor. He says they never send just a power cable alone and apologizes for the last three representatives. He says he will send me a new router and power cable (for the router, not the service box). Of course this would not address the problem of the missing service box power cable. After all of this even the supervisor was still either incapable or unwilling to understand the issue. Colossal waste of time during which I am without internet and prevented from working. Now I'm waiting for another couple days for a technician to come out.

YVL Greensboro, NC

Let's star with affordable "NO" It cost $50-$100 fiber service for half of what you pay for. You are NOT getting what you pay for. You may get it at the AT&T modem but not the device you using. They will tell you all the excuse why. I have one question... I show what my device capable doing it when installed. same service. same device. why? am I getting slower speed? That comes with Reliability... ummm... do I have to say anything outs? see my question above. Also, seems like more people using it slower it gets. What else... Oh yes, Customer Service. I'm sorry I can not fix that. Do you want to service tech to come out. No you will not get charged, yet your bill said different. Of course that's just One Time Charge and no we tell you all about that on Email we send you! and Of course you HAVE to pay that. I am sorry if I being sarcastic. I am having hard time though COVID-19 stay home program just like any of you would. Lasting I need to find out is I need to pay for something it could be prevent and noting result from it.

Brianna bourgeois Long Beach, MS

My internet is sometimes slow in specific areas in my house even with two routers. However the WiFi covers all of my devices and doesn’t have a problem reaching most of my property.

Lara

I am stuck with AT&T because I am using TV/Phone/Internet bundle and no one else is authorized to provide internet in my condo. I am not happy with the internet service I recieve. It could be because on my appartment plan, but I have problem with the internet on and off, pretty much daily.

TOG112

I have used AT&T internet-Uverse. Our other local provider is Cox. Since we largely use the internet for surfing and occasionally for streaming all of our internet experience has been satisfactory. The problem is high fees. AT&T is a little cheaper than Cox and I prefer their cable.

Lynne New Orleans, LA

With fiber optic the Internet service is excellent. BUT - Their customer service is non-existent. The price I was quoted when I signed up for the service was not honored. They are charging considerably more. I have been promised call backs by people who can solve this, but they never bother. I was promised a $100 Visa debit card for signing up. That has not happened. I am extremely disappointed in how they treat their customers once they sign up.