For more than 30 years, AT&T has been providing telecommunications products and services to people across the United States. Many customers have experience with AT&T as a company dedicated to powering your mobile phone, but they're also a popular TV and internet service provider.

AT&T offers high-speed internet to its customers with speeds up to 1 Gbps (1,000 Mbps).

Customers have the option to bundle broadband with other services to save money. AT&T offers its customers one of the world's largest wireless networks that is reliable and strong. AT&T's large customer base benefits from this wide range of services at reasonable prices that will fit in any budget. AT&T U-Verse is available in 21 states.

View AT&T Internet Reviews

The Good

• Affordable Prices
  • High Speeds
  • Generous Data Cap
  • Equipment
  • Bundling Options

Affordable Prices

AT&T U-Verse is a popular choice for customers because it is affordable and reliable. Their internet packages are priced below and based on a one year commitment:

• Internet Basic 5 — $30/month
  • Internet 10-100  — $40/month
  • Internet 100 — $40/month
  • Internet 300 — $40/month
  • Internet 1000 — $60/month

The following disclaimers apply to each of these packages:

Plus taxes. 12 mo. agmt, other qualifying service & combined billing req'd. Incl 1 TB data/mo. $10 chrg for each add'l 50GB (up to $100/mo). Limited availability in select areas. May not be available in your area. Visit AT&T to check service availability. Actual customer speeds may vary and are not guaranteed. Download speeds are typically up to 940Mbps due to overhead capacity reserved to deliver the data. Speeds may also vary based on factors including site traffic, content provider server capacity, internal network management factors, and end user device capabilities. For more information, go to www.att.com/speed101

AT&T offers these plans through fiber and DSl internet. Internet Basic 5 and 10-100 are DSL; Internet 100, 300, and 1,000 are offered through fiber. Not every service provider can offer the consistent download and upload speeds of fiber-optic internet, so this option could be worth looking into if it's available in your area. It's also worth noting that Internet 1,000 has an unlimited data allowance.

The price for AT&T internet services is even more impressive when the customer compares the prices to some of the competing broadband providers. Top tier internet plans from some other companies can cost significantly more than the cost of Internet.

High Speeds

The broadband speeds offered through AT&T U-Verse internet are competitive and allow customers to find the right value for their budget. These packages provide different levels of high-speed internet connection:

• Basic 5 — Up to 5 Mbps
  • Internet — Up to 100 Mbps
  • Internet 300 — Up to 300 Mbps
  • Internet 1000 — Up to 1000 Mbps

These are fast download speeds. Customers should understand that these are the maximum possible download speeds. They may experience slightly lower speeds depending on external factors, like traffic and computer software.

The internet plan is an average broadband speed that will be more than adequate for some customers; however, it may not be available in some areas.

For customers in rural areas, AT&T may be able to provide better data speeds than many competitors with Fixed Wireless Internet, which uses an outdoor antenna paired with an indoor router to deliver 10 mbps speeds.

Generous Data Cap

One advantage of choosing AT&T as an internet service provider is its generous data cap. With many of its internet plans, AT&T offers a data cap of 1TB per month. AT&T also offers an unlimited data plan for $90 a month. This is a lot of data, so most customers won’t have to worry about going over the cap.

Equipment

Customers who sign up with AT&T can receive a modem that also acts as a router, providing Wi-Fi service for their devices. For customers who don't have their own equipment, this is ideal.

However, customers pay a $35 activation fee if they perform self-guided setup. For technician service, the installation and activation fee is $99.

Bundling Options

You can bundle your internet with U-verse TV to save on both. Internet providers typically offer cable TV as well, so this isn't an uncommon feature.

The cheapest package, U-Family TV + AT&T Internet, is $89.99 per month. The internet and TV bundles have an unlimited data allowance.

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Data Surcharges
  • Contract Required
  • Customer Service Complaints

Limited Availability

AT&T does not offer internet service in every state. There are 21 states across the country that have AT&T internet service networks. They are:

• Alabama
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Wisconsin

If you do not live in one of these states, AT&T is not an option for you.

Data Surcharges

While AT&T offers a generous data cap for most plans, there is an additional charge of $10 per 50GB of data used past the data cap. This additional charge can be as much as $100 per month. If you choose AT&T, be cautious of how much data you are using because you may end up with a higher internet bill than you planned for.

Contract Required

AT&T U-Verse customers will also have to sign a one year contract. This term agreement can be a limiting factor for customers because they will be stuck with that service for the entire year. This means that the customers will have to pay an early termination fee to get out of the contract and that could be expensive. This contract limits the customers options to change service options if the need arises.

Customer Service Complaints

Some negative reviewers note that customer service has them feeling like they're being passed between representatives without any solution for an issue. This is a common complaint about many ISPs.

However, not every review expresses this sentiment, and many others praise the patience and knowledge of AT&T representatives.

The Bottom Line

There are many advantages to using AT&T U-Verse broadband internet. AT&T U-Verse gives their customers four different internet plans to choose from. These high-speed access products offer different internet speeds and a variety of features. The fastest internet tier package offers a download speed of up to 1000 Mbps. That is a reasonably high speed, but there are much faster options throughout the industry. However, you have 1 TB in data caps, which should be plenty for any family.

Part of AT&T internet's terms and conditions is a one year contract. This contract can be inconvenient and result in an early termination fee. The customer will have to pay an extra fee for any overages. AT&T is a great internet service provider to choose if you are looking for quality internet access and already utilizing other services from this company.

Call our recommended rep over at AT&T Internet below.

3.3

Tony Gibson
October 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We didn't care for AT&T internet in our area for internet service. It was slow without options to be faster and went down too much for us. I had to switch away. I am sure they are better in some areas than others, but it didn't work very well for us. I love them for my cellphone, but not internet.

Alyssa Boren
October 8th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

The employees were patient and willing to answer all of my questions. Sometimes the internet would cut out at random times for no reason.

Mike Smith
October 3rd, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

I recently switched internet service providers from Time Warner/Spectrum to Att due to a bundle package with Direct tv and have not been super pleased with the service. The speed is very in consistent. Especially in the evenings.

Phyllis Hecht
October 2nd, 2019 Lincoln, CA DETAILS

I have had AT&T for years! Very good and very reliable. When I have had problems with my iPad I go to the AT&T store and the people there have been very helpful to me. I would recommend them highly.

Ryan Turner
September 30th, 2019 Colbert, GA DETAILS

Technical support is absolutely terrible, 2 to 3 times a year our internet goes out due to the line buried to where we live at, which we can on get 12 MB’s tops, are every time it take the forever to get a technician to look at it just to always tell us it will be at least another day for an outsourced contractor to come and find the problem down the road and dig it up and correct it. During this outage at the moment I was told we would have someone on Thursday afternoon from 2 to 4pm, which I took off work for, they were a no show and it took them until 8:30 pm to call and let me know it would now be Saturday from 8 to 10 am before they come out. That time comes and goes and I call them and they are saying they are “overbooked” and now it will be Sunday before they get here. They have us between a rock and a hard place due to no other internet being offered in our area except satellite internet which cost more and has data caps. If it were not for this we would have left them long ago.

Rich Wagner
September 30th, 2019 Brooksville, FL DETAILS

I started to experience slower service abount 4 months into the 1 gig unlimited fiber internet from AT&T. Had a service tech come and he claimed that it wouldn't reach 1 gig. So I accepted that I wouldn't have the service they advertised, and after he reset the gateway, the service went up to 250 mbs. About 3 weeks later it had slowed down again: my computer sometimes would only get 40mbs. So with the service call to disconnect, I had to fight to keep from paying an early termination fee of $90.00. I was given the run-around with a couple of dead-end calls until I reached the billing mgr who took care of that. But she told me that it's corporate policy that I wouldn't get a paid-bill-refund since it's mid-billing cycle (I just payed for the month.) So my analogy to her was, "if you lease a car, and it's a lemon, and the dealer won't replace it, wouldn't you get a refund of your balance for the month, and not have any termination fee, as it was the dealer who breached the lease?" All she could say is that it's corporate policy. DON'T GET AT&T INTERNET IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER OPTION! When they don't provide the service that they've promised, then they have a "policy" in place to keep, or steal, as much money as they can for their breach of trust/ service.

Carissa
August 13th, 2019 Arlington, TX DETAILS

Am more than dissapointed in this service and customer service is terrible . Internet goes out internmently through out the day. Had an issue recently where it stayed down called customer service on sunday they stated they could not send a technician out until tuesday between 4-8 p.m. I work from home so is vital i have my internet service explained this to 2 different reps and supervisor stated theres nothing they could do. I Requested compensation they offer me a $6.00 credit. I'll be switching!

Nicki Lage
August 11th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

Wow.... The current reviews already on AT&T is just sad. It only confirms what a mistake I made by joining AT&T Business Direct Fiber Optics account. I have an adjustable circuit and my representative had no idea that I had an adjustable circuit to lower down the mbps. How are you a AT&T customer service representative for a customer and have no idea what the customer needs or has? My representative told me to wait 60-90 days for another representative to come out and install a new circuit to lower down the mbps because my circuit wasn't adjustable. The representative that came out almost 90 days later told me my circuit is adjustable so I did not need the new circuit. I still have the physical circuit that was mailed to me. I could have saved months of money and now months and months of my time trying to reach out to AT&T and get somebody who truly wants to help me. I have reached out with my issues multiple times to countless emails and phone numbers and yet nobody seems to want to help me. This is a span of about 5 months!!! I've written tickets reached out to my representative who has taken an extremely long time to get back to me and is of no help, called countless phone numbers and even chatted with quite a few representative online. It took me to writing this review that should be -5 stars not even 1 to not even be sure if somebody will reach out to me. At first I wanted after I resolved my AT&T issues to switch over my phone services from Comcast to AT&T and have it all together but actually I'm going to switch from AT&T Fiber Optics account to Comcast Business Fiber Optics where my phone service is. There is no way their customer service is worse than AT&T. All AT&T representatives do on phone calls is transfer you to a different number. Here are the lists of numbers that lead you no where they have given me to call. Notice how not one of the numbers is repeated. Showing that AT&T representatives have no idea what they are doing. . 888-217-3212, 800-672-3990, 800-331-0500, 888-321-2375, 877-503-2622, 800-321-2000, 800-235-7524 and lastly 888-613-6330. Also, I have my cell phone service with AT&T which ALSO SUCKS because every other phone service including T-Mobile & Verizon always have service in my ware house besides AT&T. I can't get service anywhere and my hotspot stopped working. I have been pushing taking it to the store because I know they will just send me a new iphone in which I have to back up my iphone to itunes erase everything give back the phone and sync everything back on the phone again. Feel free AT&T to reach out to me. You can find my information on all my reviews. Thank you. Nicki Lage 305-479-2627 [email protected] company name: Y-Not Design and Manufacturing. LET ME REMIND YOU IT IS A BUSINESS DIRECT FIBER OPTICS INTERNET ACCOUNT. Issues: 1. I still have a circuit that was made to me by mistake 2. I want a new representative 3. Reimbursement for the months that I could of saved money the representatives fault for not knowing the type of circuit I have 4. Low down my MBPS 5. I wanted to transfer my phone service from Comcast but now I want to cancel my entire service with AT&T, no penalization and reimbursement for the worst service I have ever received from a company.

Robb
July 24th, 2019 Senoia, GA DETAILS

When it works it’s great. We’ve had att service for around a year. Recently tv freezes, upload/download speeds started slowing down. Made a our FIRST appointment. Scheduled for today July 19 between 8-10. I went back and forth with operators and texting all day. At 4:00 he still had t shown up. Nobody can track him? Really? I asked , “did he even show up for work today”? Nobody knows. Wow. Now 4 days later is the next appointment. Super. So here we are 4 days later. Appointment was from 2-4 nobody showed yet, it’s now 6:30. They tried to call the tech and he’s not answering his phone. They say if he’s on his way here he won’t answer. They work until 8. Ok, more later.

Dad Stevens
July 23rd, 2019 Herculaneum, MO DETAILS

Joke of a company. Was scheduled for Internet install today between 12-4. At 4:15 I called and they said guy was running behind should be there in 30 mins. 5:15 still hadn't showed so I messaged them, was told sorry but just checked and they will still be there tonight. 6:30 and nothing, got hold of them again and was them told they would have to reschedule for a week later. First off if I wasn't contacting them, I don't think I would have ever heard from them. Second, shouldn't I have been next in line to get my install instead of having to wait another week? Very poor customer service. Can tell theydon't care at all.

Ryan
July 15th, 2019 Woodstock, IL DETAILS

I have only had AT&T internet for about a week and I am really regretting getting them as my provider. There are two major problems I have regarding the service. The first is that every single day since we have gotten AT&T, including within 30 minutes of installation, our internet has gone down for at least 20 minutes. Currently it is going on 3 hours on the 4th day since install, and they cant get a tech out to fix it til Monday. Secondly is thier 'high speed'. I am paying for download speeds of up to 100 Mbps. My average download speed when doing speed tests has been about 0.9 Mbps. 0.9. Less than 1 Mbps. As an average. One speed test I ran an hour after install gave me a download speed of 0.13 Mbps. Even at best speeds I am only getting 11 Mbps. I would think fiber optic high speed internet should be faster than my old dial up.

Rosann Stanko
June 26th, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS

Along time ago we used AT&T for our internet service and we were very pleased with their service. The reason we changed companies was because we were able to get there same quality of service for a cheaper price. I also appreciated the customer service help when when I had a problem. They were very patient with my questions and even turned to a supervisor when they couldn’t answer the questions.

Doug Morgan
June 24th, 2019 Blue Springs, MO DETAILS

It has been reliable for the most part but prices keep increasing and it is ceasing to be worth the price. Will be a lot of effort to change everything but am very much considering it.

Jason
June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I like AT&T internet because it provides quick service and it doesn't cut out often.

Jen
June 21st, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

Not a great experience. Always changes promotions and your bill always changes and I mean it always gets more expensive.

David
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

We have good service from them we don't do much in the computer

Friend
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Pro-rate payment when system is down....its BS that we pay for a service that is not working.

Richard
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Fast, reliable and reasonably priced

Mary
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

When there are internet outages it would be helpful if the provider would either telephone (if landline involved) or text the customer to notify of the outage.

Nicholas
June 18th, 2019 Lake Villa, IL DETAILS

Good company with reliable internet service. Fast internet speed but not necessarily the best value.

Bryce Fitzgerald
June 13th, 2019 Knoxville, TN DETAILS

Was promised fiber internet when sold on the phone. When installed, the guy confirmed it was not fiver. So slow I have to use my cell service (Verizon). I thought Comcast was bad, but AT&T is clearly the worst. Stay away at all costs!

Ngauv,
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

I don''t like it. The internet keep down, but my daughter set up for me because I don''t know too much about

Dan
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

It sucks but I had Comcast before and it sucked even more. I keep ATT because of their cell service that Has the best coverage in the areas I travel.

Veronica
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

I use internet service for everything as I stream my TV as well as use internet for my computer, phone etc. ATT is reliable

Shawn
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

I like the fact I never went out of service and the price is unbeatable.

Shianne
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

I i''ve been a customer with this client for over 10 years. Nothing but great things.

DJ
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Good, Internet is sometimes slow. Customer service is good.

M
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Good service but pricey like all of them

Valarie
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Fast service they can improve their prices

Sylvain
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Fairly good services received , even if it could be difficult' for certain services to be changed online or at the store , you have to call to change cable channel bouquet , you can not do it in person' or on your computer , they have good application for your devices though

Carol

Did not explain how much streaming uses of basic internet of 1024 mb

laura
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Terrible internet service,They cant find the problem. even aafter them working on the line for 10 days which we had know internet and landline,which was great for me, it didnt fix anything. The employees are great though very nice

franco
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

They are an above average company. I don't have much interaction with them except when I have an occasional interruption of service.

Emily
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Their service has always been good. I never had a complaint.

Andy
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Speed is atrocious, but they are the only game in town

Keith
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Speed and value are major factors in my opinion. Also customer service appears to be important as well.

Dale
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

overall ok some downtimes but mostly reliable good speed reasonable price.

Jennifer
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Not great. I have extremely slow, spotty service and no one can seem to fix the issues

Phil
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

no complaints on service for either product quality or Customer service

Steve
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

needs more speed, I pay for the maximum offered in my area which is 24, but I normally do not get it.

tim
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

lousy service,slow service and always trying to get you to upgrade but i wont until they can give me good service for what i am paying now.

Dane robertson
June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

At&t is good. I have decent service and good internet. I am a little disappointed that such a large company has such a mediocre performance

Peter A Schneider
June 10th, 2019 Madison, WI DETAILS

I have Att wireless and wifi. Recently, my phone and computer as well as all my personal data was compromised through my wifi connection and I witnessed my phone being cast onto a TV screen. I called and informed att about the issue and was told after they did some things that I was now protected. (Because I wasn't initially? ) Then less than a week later I found another computer had accessed the same information and was pirating my data. So I called back and was told that they did some more things (because they didn't do enough to begin with?). Wtf am I paying for. How disappointing to have spent 3+? Hours on the phone having to waste my time with technical service. However, they did say I would be credited 5.00$ for their complete and under incompetence.

Dave
June 5th, 2019 Fishers, IN DETAILS

Internet was ok. I had direct tv for almost 20 years(nfl Sunday ticket kept me there. But always was ok with there service. Then att joined up and I went with them to save a little money over comcast. Big mistake. Internet is ok, but couldnt stream movies that great. But the people at att are thieving liars. Agreed to a price on the bill(have to do this once a year, but was always quick and fair with direct tv.) ,I assumed it would be good for a year, three months later they cranked up the bill again over 200. I did t even know a d made several payments and wound up behind. I quickly paid, then was lied to twice more about how much I needed to pay after cancelling service. Called and cancelled it, apparently 4 days into service of new month, or billing period, so they wanted basically a whole month. I argued this and for like an hour and was lied to about how much I would need to pay by 2 different people on the phone. I asked to speak to a supervisor, because she said only they could review recordings. Then was told a supervisor would review the recordings and get back to me in 72 hours. No call ever but they still want their money that I didnt even use their service for, but they charging because of billing cycle? Makes no sense! Ended up just paying because I care about credit score and such but these people were not fair with me and lie to your face!Anyway att it seems now has control of the bill, and they want me to pay in excess of 200 $ a month, dont even have any movie channels, just HD and DVR. I tried at least getting new equipment as mine was about 7 or 8 years, but nope, I need a 2 yr contract for that now. , switched to metronet for cable and tv for now, fiberoptics and same money. I may go back to direct tv but never att

Grant Lofgreen
June 4th, 2019 Provo, UT

Speed was not optimal. Supplied hardware was not very reliable. Often needed to be reset. Often had trouble with inaccurate bills.

Georgia Caruso
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

price getting too high they r reliable never have any problem with service

Virginia Hancock
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent service, courteous, knowledgeable technician

S. Chandler
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Difficult to work with. Best Price. Better Customer service.

Linda finley
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

I really like them i get really fast internet and never have a problems with the internet going down on me. they can lower the internet chargers for us people that are on a fixed income and over 55 or more

Gene Pattee
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Unpleasant they made offers and backed off of offers