Best Company Guarantee byte Logo

byte

9.4

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

LAST UPDATED: July 10th, 2024

Byte® is a clear aligner company that offers remote treatment to customers who need minimal to moderate dental alignment correction. In December of 2020, Byte was acquired by Dentsply Sirona, one of the largest dental equipment providers in the industry.

Created by world-renowned celebrity cosmetic dentist, Dr. Jon Marashi, Byte's Smile Science technology designs a personalized smile. The proprietary Byte Aligner System also includes HyperByte™. Byte's aligner plans with their exclusive HyperByte device offer fast results for a smile you'll love.

We believe customers can expect a positive experience when working with the Byte team and its customer support.

Keep reading our Byte review to learn more about the pros and cons of choosing Byte.

Go directly to Byte reviews

The Good

• Positive Byte Reviews
  • Simple and Straightforward Treatment Process
  • High Frequency Vibration Tool Included
  • Short Average Treatment Length
  • Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner
  • Payment Options
  • Byte-at-Night Option

Positive Byte Reviews

Of the 3,600+ Byte reviews on our site, an overwhelming majority of them are positive. Many customers mention excellent customer service from sales representatives and Byte’s orthodontists. Customers also mention that they’re very satisfied with their Byte treatment plan and overall smile results.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Sagar from Seattle, WA

"I had researched about a lot of teeth aligner companies and finally went with Byte because of its most number of positive reviews. And, I'd say that I'm very happy with my choice. I can really see the results. The gaps in my teeth are almost gone. Their team is very responsive and they regularly checked in with me about my progress. I'd surely recommend Byte to anyone."

*This includes some reviewers who received a free gift in exchange for their honest opinions.

Simple and Straightforward Treatment Process

Byte's invisible aligners are clear plastic devices custom made to fit your teeth. Over time, each clear aligner will gradually shift your teeth, so you have straighter teeth and a straighter smile.

Using the at-home impression kit, consumers will use a molding putty and trays to make the impression of their teeth, and then they'll send those teeth impressions back to Byte using the supplied free pre-paid shipping box.

The molds from the impression you send back will generate an interactive 3D model of what your teeth look like, and what they will look like after treatment. Byte will then determine if they're a good candidate for an aligner treatment.

Byte’s aligners are designed to help people who need minor to moderate alignments. If you have crooked teeth, crowded teeth, or simply need a minor bite correction, Byte is an excellent option to get straight teeth.

If you're not a candidate for Byte, the company will refund you the full price of the Byte impression kit.

The molds are used to generate an interactive 3D model of what your teeth look like and what they will look like after treatment. Byte will then determine if you’re a good candidate for clear aligners.

The Byte team will also look at your pictures to decide on a plan that matches your facial structure. Byte evaluates your facial structure to help create your smile plan, using Smile Science. This is a detailed system created by Dr. Marashi who has worked with several well-known Hollywood stars. The Smile Science aims to ensure your smile looks symmetrical in comparison to your face.

You’ll have a chance to review the customized treatment plan and respond with any questions you may have.

Byte also guarantees your smile with the Byte for Life guarantee. That means that if your teeth move out of alignment after going through the Byte treatment, Byte will cover the cost to straighten them, no questions asked.

Not only do other companies charge customers for retainers to keep their teeth straight, but most companies also lack a lifetime guarantee.

Byte’s treatments are done without any office visits to a dentist or orthodontist, but customers should still see their dentist regularly to keep up with oral hygiene.

High Frequency Vibration Tool Included

The HyperByte device is the company's exclusive dental movement acceleration device. High frequency vibrations (HFV) uses soft micropulses that transmit through the roots of the teeth to the surrounding bone.

According to Byte, this type of therapy may reduce discomfort and better seat the aligners around the teeth. This may result in better aligner traction, more accurate teeth movement, and much faster treatment times.

Short Average Treatment Length

The clear aligner system is not only less expensive than traditional braces, but is often also faster. Though the duration of treatment will vary case-by-case as the treatment program depends on several factors, including the extent of the individual customer's alignment needs, Byte offers one of the quickest teeth straightening programs.

Consumers can also expect a faster treatment time if they're following Byte's recommended guidelines:

• Wear the Byte invisible aligners as much as possible — only taking them out to eat or drink
  • Use the aligners on both the lower and upper teeth
  • Order replacement aligners immediately if one gets lost or damaged
  • Switch aligners every week

Because of the company's HyperByte technology, customers typically finish the program in four-to-five months.

Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner

Very few invisible aligner providers include the value that Byte does. Byte offers free retainers to customers. Other invisible braces companies charge up to $99 for a pair of retainers that last only six months.

Byte also includes a bottle of BrightByte 3-in-1 premium teeth whitening foam, breath freshener, and teeth aligner cleaner for free. Because teeth alignment requires customers to wear aligners all day, Byte wants to help customers have a whiter, brighter smile at the same time.

Byte recommends cleaning the aligners immediately after taking them out to prevent them from looking cloudy or discolored. However, Byte advises customers to clean the aligners with the BrightByte whitening gel that acts as a teeth whitener/foam cleanser and not to use other whitening products as they can damage the aligners.

Byte also offers free shipping both ways on all packages sent and received.

Payment Options

There are a few different payment options. Customers can pay the full cost upfront or they can choose a monthly financing option through bytepay™, Byte’s all-new 100 percent guaranteed approval rate payment plan with no credit checks.

• The one-time payment option is $1,895
  • The monthly option is an $82 monthly payment over 32 months — a $249 down payment is required

Unlike several other invisible aligner companies, Byte offers multiple financing options that are inclusive to all financial situations to get the best possible monthly payment. Or customers can finance their invisible aligners through Byte's financing partner, Affirm. Byte accepts all major debit and credit cards including Care Credit.

search

Highlight: Byte accepts multiple forms of payment, including dental insurance.

Customers can use their dental insurance, as well as their HSA or FSA debit card to pay for treatment.

Customers can also pay for their purchases with Splitit. Splitit is a global payment solution that allows shoppers to split the final cost into interest-free monthly payments. Currently, Byte offers 3 or 6-month payment options with Splitit. There is no application process with Splitit; customers receive instant approval using their existing debit/credit card level.

Byte-at-Night Option

Byte now offers a treatment plan in which customers only need to wear their aligners at night. This is a notable and exciting new offering, as many consumers don't love having to wear their aligners throughout the day, including having to take them out and clean them anytime they eat or drink anything besides water.

These at-night aligners are made with a grind-resistant polymer material and are slightly thicker than Byte's day-wear aligners. Consumers who go with this Byte-at-Night option will need to wear their nighttime aligners for a minimum of 10 continuous hours. This treatment plan also takes 2-3 months longer to complete compared to the all-day aligner plan. The at-night treatment plan is also slightly more expensive, costing a single payment of $2,295, or $99.56 per month (after a $449 deposit) if doing a monthly payment plan.

Byte now offers a military discount of $150 off for all active and retired military, along with discounts for first responders, and college students.

The Bad

Slightly Higher Prices

The entire in-home invisible aligners industry is much cheaper than traditional metal braces, but there are price fluctuations within the industry itself.

Though Byte's monthly payment plan and free products included in the overall package are advantageous, the company's prices are slightly higher than other companies in the invisible aligners industry.

However, the price difference may be inconsequential given the great financing options and additional value.

The Bottom Line

The Byte for Life guarantee ensures that customers will have a straight smile for the rest of their lives (conditions apply). While some companies will offer a 30-day guarantee, they usually only cover the impression kit. Byte includes retainers, cleaner, and whitening products in its overall price, a perk not seen in many other invisible aligner companies.

Additionally, Byte does not require a downpayment on its monthly financing option through Affirm. Customers can also choose a monthly financing option at 0 percent APR through Byte’s various financing partners.

Another attractive feature of Byte's service is its HyperByte® device with high frequency vibration (HFV) technology, which may help speed up tooth movement and ease discomfort;* this device is included free as part of the treatment. *Preliminary clinical studies of small groups of users have shown that daily recommended use of a high-frequency seating device functionally equivalent to HyperByte with clear aligners may have this effect. Individual results may vary.

Byte customer reviews praise Byte's customer service team and many customers are pleased with how easy the entire straightening process is with Byte. Customers were also happy with the variety of payment options. Being able to pay upfront, through an HSA or FSA account, or by financing, is a huge plus for many consumers.

While Byte has slightly higher prices than several other invisible braces companies, we recommend customers use Byte because of the quality and range of service it provides, as well as the value of the time savings and convenience of receiving clear aligner treatment from home.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More About Our Guarantee

bookmark

Featured Review

Janel ! Knox, IN

I tried SDC and failed with it because their customer service was terrible and the retainers were so thick, painful and the treatment was over a year to complete. After three years, I decided to try again but this time I tried Byte. I picked them mostly because I saw I could get a straight smile in 11 weeks. I am so far beyond impressed with Byte. My treatment plan is 11 weeks, I am able to talk with these retainers in (they are thinner), the discomfort isn't too bad and their customer service has been amazing! Their packaging is above and beyond and they offer great products to go along with your treatment plan such as whiting supplies, hyperbyte and more. I never once had a difficult experience with byte and I am beyond impressed and pleased. They make me feel like I am not doing this alone.

Reply from byte

Thanks for giving byte a chance for the second chance at your smile, we got you!

Jan. 19th, 2020

Julia Kempster

Great customer service!! I have needed several additional aligners outside of my original plan due to some stubborn teeth and they have always responded within a matter of hours or a few days to hear out my concerns when I ended each set of aligners. I love how the price has not increased either due to this as we pay the monthly plan we bought it at (unless you chose to pay in bulk haha).

Tanya Ritchey

I had a great experience! I did need an adjustment, which made my overall time a few months longer than anticipated but it was still MUCH shorter than if I had used my braces. Extremely happy with my results. Costumer service was very helpful, sometimes too helpful. Haha.

Katie Bowers

I put 4 because the first time around nothing really changed. This new set fits so much better and fingers crossed that tooth will get straight this time. If my teeth get fixed this go around I’ll change my rating to a 5. Thank you for asking about how things are going. I appreciate that because I really had trouble communicating the last time. Nothing bad people were all nice but things moved really slow and it took a long time for me to get through to everyone that my liners were not doing anything and I got them because I have 1 tooth that was crooked ( the reason I got these) was still crooked and nothing changed and those really hurt and cut my tongue and gums up. These new ones are fantastic and fit the way I think they should.

3 weeks ago Edited June 28, 2024

becky palmer

The way you get reimbursed from insurance is annoying. My sonic cleaning machine doesn’t even work. They are also very speedy when you first reach out like they are definitely trying to get their sale and move on. My experience with the aligners is fine, it’s hard to tell a difference after 4 weeks with minor adjustments but I know my teeth are looking more aligned. Overall, I’d say if my sonic cleaning machine worked and if insurance was easier/quicker with getting reimbursed then I’d rate a 4.5 but currently they get a 3.5

Reply from byte

Thank you for your feedback, Becky. We are sorry to hear the Ultrasonic Cleaner is not working properly. We strive to provide excellent service and products, so your concerns are important to us. Please contact our team at bytereviews@byte.com so we can address these issues directly and improve your experience. We appreciate your honest review and are committed to making things right for you.

Jul. 9th, 2024

Matthew Sulocha

More personalized care/updates. Maybe have one person assigned to each customer to follow up with and provide guidance too. Not sure how practical that is though. The app is also tough to stay consistent with using ( I forget to do my check in’s or updated my Hyperbyte usage even though I am using it constantly). Otherwise I’ve gotten the results I wanted.

Rebecca Baumann

Reassessment part of the way through and then they sent me a new impression kit and aligners to get me back on track as part of the guarantee. I did not get this service with a previous aligner company. Very pleased with the check ins and follow up Byte provides.

Savannah Sanford

I don't like how my hyperbyte literally will not connect to my phone. I've tried doing all the steps to fix the issue, still no connection. I will say it does hurt but that's obviously to come because of the teeth movement. I do see a difference on my bottom but my top is going to take awhile longer to move then my bottom. I like byte, just wish hyperbyte would connect to the app so I don't have to manually log it everyday. The process every night is a bit lengthy, considering I do the whitening, desensitization, and hyperbyte. But nonetheless my teeth are whiter aswell.

Ashley Hollins

They've made the process of straightening my teeth very easy. Once my initial treatment plan was over, they noticed that my teeth didn't move as anticipated and recommended refinement aligners. They will work to make sure you have a smile that you love given your specific case.

Andrew Rappoport

I’m on set 3 of 9 and already notice a difference in the alignment of my lower teeth that I was hoping for. The bite whitener is also improving the color of my teeth and couldn’t be happier.

ALi Huttner

I'm on week 7 out of 9 and my teeth are almost straight! It's been a very easy and exciting experience. The difference is amazing! Can't wait to see my smile in just 2 weeks! :)

Amy T.

I’m six weeks in to my 14 week journey, and I am SO pleased! Byte has truly exceeded my expectations on all fronts…ease of starting the process, signing up for service, weekly maintenance, and more!

John Rondi

I am on my second week! Things are going well and I feel as though the system is beginning to apply itself. It’s much more comfortable than I anticipated.

Coen Martin

The ease of the product is 2nd to none. Pricing is reasonable. Also customer service is there when you need it, but doesn't hover like a bad supervisor at work.

Shari Benhayon

Elizabeth Palmer

I had braces when I was a kid and just hadn’t worn my retainer and wanted something to stop my teeth from shifting even more. I’m not sure I would’ve opted for this if I hadn’t have had braces already.

Bethany S

EXCELLENT customer service! They also created an incredibly simple and user-friendly way to help people straighten their teeth at home. Very straightforward directions.

Jessica Roberts

I have really enjoyed the easy process of the impression and the retainer just coming straight to my door!! so far all of my trays have fit perfect !! So far so good

Sheena Hinds

BYTE is the perfect combination of incredible customer service and support from start to finish coupled with a high quality product! My aligners & treatment plan is so effective, I am only on week 4 and already seeing major improvement in my smile. Have already started recommending to my friends!

Annika Gustafson

Suzanne McKenzie

I have been pleasantly pleased with my results of the Byte process. I have waited a very long time to straighten my teeth. When I chose Byte, I never expected this level of care and oversight in my journey. I really feel like they have been a good partner and I highly recommend Byte. They have been a proactive team effort with me. They gave me 20 steps and I was contend at step 4. Each step just gets better and better.

Kristan Haught

I love how convenient this is. I can track my progress in the app and communicate via email or chat if I have issues

Delaney Marbach

The fit and comfort of these aligners are great! The company was so helpful in getting started and every step of the way! Highly recommend!

Debbie Glosser

I liked the ease of purchasing. The I fo I was given to make the correct choice for me. And I loved being able to wear them overnight.

Macie Blevins

I like everything that comes with it and the presentation of the whole thing, I do not like the price or that you have to reach out after your 15th set

Andrea Olderham

The customer service is incredible. From previous Orthodontic experience; my issues are complex. My teeth are so much better and the Byte team has gone above and beyond to answer any questions I have had along the way.

Amy

The price is reasonable but its taming twice aong formy treatment to be completed and it would take them days to respond backwhen i had issues. Ive also had to have three diffent set of alugners sent to me, but glaf that was done to help me get nack on track. The last set took a month to get after i send my impressions back. I do think this last set of aligners seem to fit better. I dont think i would ever use byte again. I would probably try another company.

Bethany Richardson

The customer service is amazing! There is always someone available to help you with any questions you may have. I've had Byte Aligners for almost 14 weeks and I've seen quite an improvement in my smile already! Super happy with my decision to work with Byte.

catherine lugo

I like the convenience of being able to do everything at home and on the app. Customer service is amazing. They always get right back to you. Shipment was fast, I was expecting to wait awhile for my aligners. The app is good.

Erica Huang

The process for engaging with Byte has been easy and seamless. I like the simplistic check in nature on the app after I purchased. I would like to see at least one or more real time, virtual check ins with a dentist. I think it would also be beneficial to talk about potential impacts to your teeth in the up front calls.

Lauryn Bullock

The process was smooth once I finally got my impressions in! They were very prompt in getting my aligners to me once I had my kit submitted due to a little delay on their end for the second impression kit (which was my fault that I messed up the first one anyway!). But overall very easy very smooth and I have no complaints. I am 3/4 of the way through my treatment and couldn’t be more excited and happy with the results!

Antrinia Cardona Waldorf, MD

I absolutely loved the “Byte” experience. Their customer service is unmatched! I cannot believe just how easy the process was from start to finish. I recommended Byte to few of my friends and they’re enjoying the experience as well. I am thoroughly pleased with how it’s going and how great my teeth look. Their aligner cleaning products are very high quality. I seriously would not change anything as my experience has been extremely positive. Yay teeth!

Corynne Evans CA

I only needed minor corrections to my teeth, but Byte did an amazing job with making the corrections I needed. I am on my last week of aligners and I am so much more confident in my smile than I was when I started. I had braces years ago, and the aligners are much less painful than braces and much more convenient. Would definitely recommend for anyone who needs corrections to their teeth that are not worth getting braces for!

Reply from byte

Corynne! Thank you for this kind review -- we work hard to make sure our process is quick and easy, so we're thrilled to see this. If any questions come up, let us know. We're here to help!

Jan. 25th, 2024

Brad

I like the convenience of wearing the aligners part time and no making multiple appointments.

Allison

Love how convenient and quick the whole process is - being done in your own home is huge!

C L

Byte is such a scam. Spent $2500 on a treatment plan that I later discovered doesn’t even touch 5 of my most problematic teeth. You cannot even tell the difference between the virtual before and after. Byte claims they will refund your impression cost if they cannot fix your teeth and that is the biggest lie ever considering they can’t fix mine and charged me $2500 to do nothing. The fact that they couldn’t fix multiple teeth was never clearly communicated. Please don’t trust this company.

Reply from byte

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We understand how frustrating it is to invest so much money and not see the results you expected. Transparency and clear communication are essential, especially when it comes to something as important as dental treatment. Your feedback is valuable and can help find ways to improve every customer's experience. We want to look into your concerns and do what we can to help. Please reach out to our team at bytereviews@byte.com. We are standing by for support.

Jul. 15th, 2024

Jennifer Crossen

I love not having to wear braces and my teeth are adjusting with the aligners great. The app is really helpful too!

Alexa Rocha

Byte was super easy to follow and had guidance along the way! Made it easy to achieve my dream smile!

Karen Shoemaker

Decent support. Results are not perfect for me, but my teeth alignment is much better than before and I’m ready to get on with my life.

Devon Jackson

Mallie

I like how affordable it was and how easy it was when I need assistance to get help right away. I love my results and I'm no longer embarrassed by my smile.

Jordan Johnston

Overall, the experience has been positive. I think the company did a good job listening to my complaints that I had and addressed them. I'm still not done with my treatment so I can't give an accurate opinion.

Zayden Dumas

I’ve been using my aligners for now four months I’m getting closer to my end of my journey with them I can’t believe how much they have moved since using them . My end result has been amazing I’m smiling more then ever now can’t believe it . Highly recommend for anyone looking for something quick and to better your smile .

TheWorldsPerson

3 months ago Edited April 10, 2024

Rebekah Weber

I like the treatment! It’s nice and slow so my teeth feel good the whole time. I don’t love the app. I’ve had some issues uploading pictures and when I stay on track it tells me I’m on the wrong set. But I keep track myself so it’s not that big of a deal.

Sandi Hagood

Byte has been a great company since the beginning. Everything is super user-friendly, the aligner trays are the most comfortable I’ve had and the app is helpful with keeping you on track.

Shannon

So far communication and the product itself have been great.

Jordan

Seems to be working, loving results. Although it definitely takes longer than expected.

Molly Engen Houston, TX

Byte has been great! I’ve got the results I was looking for in less than 12 weeks. The aligners fit comfortably, the treatment plan was detailed, the app was easy to use, & communication with the company has been very clear. Would recommend to anyone!

Deborah Anne (Deb.)

Am very pleased that my teeth are back in position when younger! They are straight and beautiful! Am 64 years old! This program of Byte is overall excellent and the Dentist knows exactly how to make the ALIGNERS! ! ! No pain and comfortable. Am awaiting Retainers as I have completed my 11 weeks of correction.

4 months ago Edited April 18, 2024