byte®™ is an invisible aligner company that allows consumers who need minimal to moderate dental alignment to receive treatment without ever having to visit a dentist or orthodontist.

byte's Smile Science technology was created by world-renowned celebrity cosmetic dentist, Dr. Jon Marashi, and designs a personalized smile, unique to you. The proprietary byte Aligner System also includes HyperByte, which cuts treatment time in half and reduces any discomfort that can be associated with orthodontic treatment.

The majority of byte reviews reveal happy customers who have nothing but praise for the company. Customers were not only pleased with the treatment time, low cost, and straightforward process, but they also highly praised byte's customer service team. Many customers felt that the customer service representatives were responsive, personable, and knowledgeable.

We believe customers can expect a positive experience when working with byte.

The Good

• Simple and Straightforward Process
  • High Frequency Vibration ($900) Included Free
  • Three-Month Average Treatment
  • Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner
  • Payment Options

Simple and Straightforward Process

byte's invisible aligners are clear plastic devices custom made to fit your teeth. Over time, the clear aligners will gradually shift your teeth, so you have a straighter smile.

Using the at-home impression kit, consumers will use a molding putty and trays to make the impression of their teeth, and then they'll send those impressions back to byte using the supplied free pre-paid shipping box.

The molds from the impression you send back will generate a interactive 3D model of what your teeth look like, and what they will look like after treatment. Byte will then determine if they're a good candidate for the product.

byte is designed to help people who need minor to moderate alignments. If you have crooked teeth, crowded teeth, or simply need a minor bite correction, byte is an excellent option.

If you're not a candidate for byte, the company will refund you the full price of the impression kit.

A licensed dentist or orthodontist will review the molds of the teeth and determine the best course of action. Customers who get approved will then receive their clear aligners a few weeks later. The aligners are made of a BPA-free, highly transparent, medical-grade, polymer film. byte even boasts that its aligners are high impact, tear-resistant, and 88 percent more stain-resistant than other aligners.

byte also guarantees your smile for life. That means that if your teeth move out of alignment after going through the byte treatment, byte will cover the cost to straighten them, no questions asked.

Not only do other companies charge customers for retainers to keep their teeth straight, but most companies also lack a lifetime guarantee.

High Frequency Vibration ($900) Included Free

HyperByte is the company's exclusive dental movement acceleration device. High frequency vibrations or (HFV) uses soft micropulses that transmit through the roots of the teeth to the surrounding bone. According to byte, this type of therapy can reduce discomfort and will seat the aligners around the teeth. This will help cause better aligner traction, more accurate teeth movement, and much faster treatment times.

Research shows that this type of technology has been proven, and used for years by orthodontists selling it to their patients for as much as $900 a piece.  Only byte includes this FDA cleared technology free for their customers.

Three-Month Average Treatment

Though the duration of treatment will vary case-by-case as the treatment program depends on several factors, including the extent of the individual customer's alignment needs, byte offers one of the quickest teeth straightening programs.

Consumers can also expect a faster treatment time if they're following byte's recommended guidelines:

• Wear the aligners as much as possible — only taking them out to eat or drink
  • Use the aligners on both the lower and upper teeth
  • Order replacement aligners immediately if one gets lost or damaged
  • Switch aligners every week

Because of the company's HyperByte technology, customers typically finish the program in three months.

Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner

Very few invisible aligner providers include the value that byte does. byte offers free retainers to customers. Other invisible braces companies charge up to $99 for a pair of retainers that last only six months.

byte also includes a bottle of BrightByte 3-in-1 premium teeth whitening foam, breath freshener, and aligner cleaner for free. Because teeth alignment requires customers to wear aligners all day, byte wants to help customers have a whiter, brighter smile at the same time.

byte recommends cleaning the aligners immediately after taking them out to prevent them from looking cloudy or discolored. However, byte advises customers to clean the aligners with the BrightByte whitening gel that acts as a teeth whitener/foam cleanser and not to use other whitening products as they can damage the aligners.

byte also offers free shipping both ways on all packages sent and received.

Payment Options

There are a few different payment options. Customers can pay the full cost upfront or they can choose a monthly financing option through bytepay™, byte’s all-new 100 percent guaranteed approval payment plan.

• The one time payment option is $1,895
  • The monthly option is a $83 monthy payment over 25 months — a $250 down payment is required

Unlike several other invisible aligner companies, byte offers multiple financing options that are inclusive to all financial situations to get the best possible monthly payment. Or customers can finance their invisible aligners through byte's financing partner, Affirm. byte accepts all major debit and credit cards including Care Credit.

Customers can use their dental insurance, as well as their HSA or FSA debit card to pay for the treatment.

Customers can also pay for their purchases with Splitit. Splitit is a global payment solution that allows shoppers to split the final cost into interest-free monthly payments. Currently, byte offers 3 or 6-month payment options with Splitit. There is no application process with Splitit; customers receive instant approval using their existing debit/credit card level.

byte now offers a military discount of $150 off for all active and retired military, along with discounts for first responders, and college students.

The Bad

• Slightly Higher Prices
  • Does Not Ship to North Carolina

Slightly Higher Prices

The entire in-home invisible aligners industry is much cheaper than traditional metal braces, but there are price fluctuations within the industry itself.

Though byte's monthly payment plan and free products included in the overall package are advantageous, the company's prices are slightly higher than other companies in the invisible aligners industry.

However, the price difference may be inconsequential given the great financing options and additional value.

Does Not Ship to North Carolina

byte currently ships to 49 states.

The only state byte does not ship to is North Carolina. The company states that it will soon; however, it does not give an estimated time-frame.

The Bottom Line

The byte-for-Life guarantee ensures that customers will have a straight smile for the rest of their lives — this guarantee is practically unheard of in the invisible aligner industry. While some companies will offer a 30-day guarantee, they usually only cover the impression kit. byte includes retainers, cleaner, and whitening products in its overall price, a perk not seen in many other invisible aligner companies. Additionally, byte does not require a down payment on its monthly financing option through Affirm. Customers can also choose a monthly financing option at 0 percent APR through byte’s various financing parters.

Another attractive feature of byte's service is its HyperByte® technology, which reportedly cuts alignment time in half; this technology is included free as part of the treatment.

Customer reviews praise byte's customer service team and many customers are pleased with how easy byte made the entire straightening process. Customers were also happy with the variety of payment options. Being able to pay upfront, through an HSA or FSA account, or by financing, is a huge plus for many consumers.

While byte has slightly higher prices then several other invisible braces companies, we recommend customers use byte because of the quality and range of service it provides, as well as the value of the time savings from its HyperByte technology.

4.9

Ash Amador

January 17th, 2020 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love that byte does the footwork with insurance companies for you. Their customer service is phenomenal.

Rachel Benito

January 17th, 2020 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I so far have had a great experience with Byte. customer service has been great. if I have any questions they always get back to me in a timely manner. just yesterday I emailed about not getting my claim form for my insurance and by end of business day I had my claim form in my email. very quick. my aligners have all fit perfect. I am on week 3. and so far no complaints. is there discomfort well yeah. ur moving teeth so its gonna hurt. do I see physical changes yet. not yet, but i can feel a difference. I know they do not promote to help with TMJ, but I feel major improvements with my jaw. you have no idea. my bite feels different and even the muscles in my jaws feel better. best decision I ever made. looking forward to the end result.

Cassie

January 17th, 2020 Hallettsville, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I finally feel like my self esteem is coming back for the first time in years! Byte has given that back to me. Customer service is caring and courteous. I love having the hyperbyte, because it has helped settle my teeth comfortably. The byte process is the only one I’ll recommend!

Robin Sidor

January 17th, 2020 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

On my 2nd week/set of aligners and so far super easy and very comfortable, and the team have been very responsive and accommodating with any questions I’ve had. Would highly recommend this company to anyone considering invisible teeth aligners.

Rcalh002

January 17th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Such an incredible value for aligners and more! With a such a short time I am able to get my teeth straightened by my wedding in March! I’m so excited and on week two noticed a significant change already. Thank you Byte for making this so affordable.

Jeanine Gibeaut

January 17th, 2020 Salem, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love how easy it was to get started and at 5 weeks in I started seeing noticable results! I'm so excited to see what the final results!!

Jennifer

January 16th, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service. Awesome product so far. Products arrived so much sooner than expected and the process was so easy.

Naomi Barreto

January 16th, 2020 Warner Robins, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byte makes EVERYTHING EASY! All yr supplies come at one time. Customer service is fantastic. The price is so affordable plus they also give you discounts. The website showing your teeth progress from all angles is amazing. At 47 yrs old I love the fact that I will have beautiful teeth in about 4 months, how crazy cool is that?! I'm so pleased I chose Byte!

Alexandra York

January 16th, 2020 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the customer service. I love that they offer your money back if you’re not a candidate. I love that they give you so many other things along with your aligners (hyperbyte, brightbyte, carrying case).

Heather

January 16th, 2020 Bremerton, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve just started the process, so we will see how the smile turns out..😁. I want to give kudos for the customer service—AMAZING—and the way the whole process is presented with humor and fun. Went to a traditional orthodontist which was $6000.!!! I certainly could not afford that. Byte made it really easy to pay for and gave me a discount for being a first responder, which was not only helpful financially, but heartfelt. Thank you thank you! Can’t wait to get to work on this smile!

Skylar Almond

January 16th, 2020 Lynchburg, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After shuffling through a few different companies, Byte seemed to be one of only a handful that actually used licensed orthodontists to prescribe the treatment plans - which was important to me. So thankful I decided to go with them! I was really skeptical of this whole thing at first, but they reassured me that I was in good hands and seem to really care unlike other companies. I noticed a gap in my teeth in the 3D mock up of the treatment plan they sent. I asked my advisor about it, and she had it corrected within an hour. This added a couple weeks onto my treatment, but that's the price you pay. The aligners themselves took a good month for me to get used to, but now it's just another part of my daily routine. I'm on week 8 of 24 and loving the results already! Highly Recommend!

Nikki Clark

January 16th, 2020 Salisbury, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There is nothing to dislike about Byte and I would give them 10 STARS if I could. Thank you so much to the team at byte and especially Lilly A.! My journey started off with wanting an at-home solution to straighten and whiten my teeth. This process is very emotional for me because I am in the first year of grieving the loss of my dad. I will be publishing a book in May 2020 that is based on true deep thoughts and actions during my life story. Starting from when I was born and the struggles I have faced while battling mental illnesses for almost 20 years. Soon after publishing, I will start my book tour which is the reason I NEEDED a new smile. Also, I have a 15-month-old, which does not leave me much time to take care of my teeth and go to an office. I knew I would be able to get my confidence back with byte and I am so blessed I had Lilly to help me over the phone. She is a soul sister to me and I knew God put me on this path to speak with her. I was trying to set up a payment plan that worked best for me and I had to 3-way call a man who has helped me so much over the years. My grandfather stepped in the cosign for me so that I could start this process as soon as possible. Lilly did such an amazing job with her customer service when my grandfather was having trouble hearing her. I made my down payment and now I am here writing a review. YOU CAN DO THIS! Byte into 2020 with a new smile!!!! Thank you so much, Nikki A. B. Clark

Benita

January 16th, 2020 Elkridge, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Been waiting 2 months, everything submitted, was told I was a candidate, paid money and then get an email saying they can't help, what a bunch of BS. Now let's see how long it takes to return my money

Jude Choizy

January 16th, 2020 Boynton Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When it comes to going to the dentist having it’s either too expensive to go to or the tools scared us. Byte company is different because it helps it’s patients with affordable clear Aligners with step by step in how to wear those aligners. So thank you Byte.

Hilary Whiting

January 16th, 2020 Columbia, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byte was less than half the cost of what my local orthodontist was going to charge to fix my lower teeth. It is much less painful than the traditional braces I had in middle school. No bleeding, no hassle, and no pesky appointments requiring me to take time off work. I am halfway through my treatment and couldn’t be more pleased. The customer service team is friendly, proactive, and always willing to help answer my questions. I have recommended it to my friends and family. I have seen other friends use similar services but none rave about them the way I do about Byte. My New Years resolution is to have a smile I don’t want to hide. Safe to say, this year’s resolution will be met.

Heather Schaal-Marg

January 16th, 2020 Riverside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byte has been great so far and they have excellent customer service! I just started my treatment and I could not be more excited! The whole process has been quick and simple to get started and I got my aligners weeks before they were expected to finish! I highly recommended using Byte!

Tutsy Asmus

January 16th, 2020 Bowling Green, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been a customer for a few weeks and I'm going around recommending byte to everyone. They made it so easy to submit to my insurance, they even filled out all the paperwork for me! Their customer service team has checked up on me each week and the aligners are fantastic. Don't look any further, this is the best company for teeth straightening and they guarantee the results for life!

Jennifer Eberhardt

January 16th, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service and the follow up from the company is amazing. The product is top quality and I love the lifetime guarantee.

Stephanie Cook

January 16th, 2020 Boise, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have people ask me all the time what company I went through for my retainers. Seriously impressed with this company. I was hesitant at first but I’m glad I made the decision to go through them to straighten out my teeth. Their customer service is super helpful and quick to respond and they make sure you get the results that you’re looking r with your smile 😁

Angie Harrington

January 16th, 2020 Gainesville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the customer service with Byte and the way the weekly aligner change quickly brings your teeth exactly where you want them! Thanks for giving me my smile back after 30 years!

Tehya Herbert

January 16th, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The people at byte know what they’re doing! Before I started byte I read many reviews on how great their customer service is and I was not let down!!

Dyana Lee-Daniel

January 16th, 2020 Slidell, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had braces when I was younger, and as a lot of people do I stopped wearing my retainers, and my teeth started to shift. I wasn’t happy with my smile, but thanks to Byte I’ve been able to get that pretty straight smile back! I could see results within the first week of use. Absolutely incredible! Thank you Byte!

Pheonah Badu

January 16th, 2020 Albany, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love byte's customer service. It's second to none! The treatment also really works. I can see changes in my teeth after 7 weeks of treatment. It's simply awesome.

Kaitlin

January 16th, 2020 Junction City, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service. I'm half way through treatment and it is moving my teeth along nicely with minimal pain.

K Speights

January 16th, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service, receive product quick and very professional!

Irmaly Rivera

January 16th, 2020 Lynn, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Happy with my experience! Can't wait to finish my treatment. Excellent customer service!

Janel !

January 16th, 2020 Knox, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I tried SDC and failed with it because their customer service was terrible and the retainers were so thick, painful and the treatment was over a year to complete. After three years, I decided to try again but this time I tried Byte. I picked them mostly because I saw I could get a straight smile in 11 weeks. I am so far beyond impressed with Byte. My treatment plan is 11 weeks, I am able to talk with these retainers in (they are thinner), the discomfort isn't too bad and their customer service has been amazing! Their packaging is above and beyond and they offer great products to go along with your treatment plan such as whiting supplies, hyperbyte and more. I never once had a difficult experience with byte and I am beyond impressed and pleased. They make me feel like I am not doing this alone.

Kimberly DeLaGarza

January 16th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am so glad that I found byte and chose them as the company to come along side my journey of changing my smile. This has truly been a breeze. I recommend them to all my friends and family looking to straighten their smile. And next we will be working on my husband’s smile and I also hope to use them when my kids need them. Can’t thank them enough!

Emanuel Morales

January 16th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazing product super happy with results!!!!!!!

Natalie C-K

January 16th, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I absolutely love my subscription from byte! I'm on week 3 and my teeth are already shifting into perfection. With my box I was also sent the hyperbyte which helps speed up the process and whitening solution as well. Definitely recommend

Julian Garcia

January 16th, 2020 Oswego, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just got my aligners this week, they were so easy to put in and don't notice I'm wearing them. I can't wait till week 15 when I can flaunt my new Great Smile to everyone.

May

January 16th, 2020 Astoria, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From the beginning,byte has been incredib. Just started my journey and I am so unbelievably excited to see my final smile in as little as 15 weeks!!

Susan r

January 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I thought they would be visible, but really aren’t. Several of my friends didn’t notice they were in. Direction were easy to follow!

Casey S.

January 16th, 2020 Fairbanks, AK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

8/17 weeks into my treatment and I have no complaints so far. I can feel my teeth shifting and starting to see a difference. Customer service is quick to respond and even checks in from time to time if they haven’t heard from you. The aligners are comfortable and the bryte byte doesn’t irritate my gums like most whitening products. Impressions were easy and I really love the 3D treatment viewer. I would totally recommend Byte.

Jsabala

January 16th, 2020 Westerly, RI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This so far has been the easiest experience with fixing my teeth!! The instructions to take impressions are very easy to understand and you get a representative that’s with you your entire journey. You also get a bottle of whitening foam which doubles as a cleaner for the aligners, and after only a couple weeks I already see the difference in my teeth as well as them being brighter. Highly recommend this to anyone looking to straighten their teeth, and at an affordable rate!!

Tessa O.

January 16th, 2020 Manasquan, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m not completely done with my treatment yet but any problems, questions or concerns I’ve had along the way has been met with extreme professionalism on the Byte staff. They are always there for you throughout the whole process and for just the amazing customer service I would recommend this company!

Susan

January 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byte has INCREDIBLE customer service! All my questions were promptly answered, and after my aligners arrived, I received multiple emails checking my progress and satisfaction. I’m on set 10/23 and I’m already seeing amazing results, I’ll be all done soon, so excited!!

Hope

January 10th, 2020 Forest Hills, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

best customer service! Everyone who works for Byte is smart and knowledgeable and available! I have never waited longer then 12-24 hours to hear back from them!

MandyA70754

January 10th, 2020 Livingston, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Recently finished my Byte treatment and only in 11 weeks! I definitely recommend Byte to anyone wanting a brighter and straighter smile, because mine is beautiful!!

Leslie Williams

January 10th, 2020 Fairfax, OK

So far I just got the starter kit. i messed up on the impressions and i read that byte will send me another starter kit for free. Which is awesome. I've done some research and this product seems to be promising.

Bethzaida A

January 9th, 2020 Staunton, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is an amazing product and gives you fast results and the prices are great for the results you get!

Dara

January 9th, 2020 Hollywood, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am into my second set of aligners and I already started feeling the shifting of my teeth! Pain is beauty ladies and gents!! I’m so glad everything in the kit is super easy to read and understand what I need to do to take care of my aligners and what to do if they are lost/misplaced. I love the feeling of hyperbyte and just overall super excited of the next weeks to come. Before and after pics coming soon!!

Janna

January 9th, 2020 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

3 weeks in and for the first time ever, my molars touch each other when my mouth is closed; I can tell the shifting has already begun! They have awesome customer service, reaching out by email periodically to check on your progress without being overly pushy. And the hyper byte which is hundreds $$ alone comes included in the kit. You can't go wrong choosing this company, everything from ordering the kit to sending the impressions and receiving my trays (2&1/2 weeks or so after i sent my molds) has been amazing!

Sherry Riddle Venable

January 8th, 2020 Watauga, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awesome product and service. I would recommend 100% to anyone wanting to improve their smile. 😁

Amber jackson

January 8th, 2020 Panama City, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with byte so far has been amazing. Every concern I have had they address promptly and make sure I am happy with my progress. I would highly recommend byte!

Samantha

January 8th, 2020 Gardner, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m so thrilled with my decision to work with Byte. The customer service alone has made it worth it and love the progress so far. I’m on week 4 of 15 and super excited to see the end results. Highly recommend byte!

R K

January 8th, 2020 Schenectady, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The impression kit comes very quickly, and there is someone available most hours to help answer any of your questions. The aligners come with a handy file that helps you smooth down sharp edges, which you NEED! The aligners themselves take several weeks to make and ship to you, which is one only downside. Overall worth the energy time and money!

Maci

January 8th, 2020 Montgomery, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can’t recommend Byte enough! The customer service I’ve received has been exceptional. From ordering my impression kit to receiving my actual aligners, there has been someone there to help me. I was skeptical with it being “teledentistry” but let me tell you, Byte is so amazing that you would never notice the difference. The quality of products is so high, too. My aligners fit nicely in my mouth, and I love BrightByte and HyperByte. I’m on week one of my aligners and can’t wait to see my progress as I go on!

jspiol

January 8th, 2020 Ridgeland, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Almost halfway through my treatment and it’s been a struggle keeping them in 24/7, they can be uncomfortable, and a hassle but the rewards so far are well worth the everything. I definitely recommend these to everyone and anyone who wants the smile they want. Even though my teeth aren’t perfectly straight yet by any means but I can confidently say I’m more confident in my smile and looking forward to the final product!

Breanna

January 8th, 2020 Lake Charles, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far I am super happy. No issues with customer service. My teeth are looking so much straighter and whiter thanks to the aligners and bright byte. I have no sensitivity using it either so that's a big plus. Cant wait to show off my new smile!