byte®™ is an invisible aligner company that allows consumers who need minimal to moderate dental alignment to receive treatment without ever having to visit a dentist or orthodontist.

byte's Smile Science technology was created by world-renowned celebrity cosmetic dentist, Dr. Jon Marashi, and designs a personalized smile, unique to you. The proprietary byte Aligner System also includes HyperByte, which cuts treatment time in half and reduces any discomfort that can be associated with orthodontic treatment.

The majority of byte reviews reveal happy customers who have nothing but praise for the company. Customers were not only pleased with the treatment time, low cost, and straightforward process, but they also highly praised byte's customer service team. Many customers felt that the customer service representatives were responsive, personable, and knowledgeable.

We believe customers can expect a positive experience when working with byte.

The Good

• Simple and Straightforward Process
  • High Frequency Vibration ($900) Included Free
  • Three-Month Average Treatment
  • Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner
  • Payment Options

Simple and Straightforward Process

byte's invisible aligners are clear plastic devices custom made to fit your teeth. Over time, the clear aligners will gradually shift your teeth, so you have a straighter smile.

Using the at-home impression kit, consumers will use a molding putty and trays to make the impression of their teeth, and then they'll send those impressions back to byte using the supplied free pre-paid shipping box.

The molds from the impression you send back will generate a interactive 3D model of what your teeth look like, and what they will look like after treatment. Byte will then determine if they're a good candidate for the product.

byte is designed to help people who need minor to moderate alignments. If you have crooked teeth, crowded teeth, or simply need a minor bite correction, byte is an excellent option.

If you're not a candidate for byte, the company will refund you the full price of the impression kit.

A licensed dentist or orthodontist will review the molds of the teeth and determine the best course of action. Customers who get approved will then receive their clear aligners a few weeks later. The aligners are made of a BPA-free, highly transparent, medical-grade, polymer film. byte even boasts that its aligners are high impact, tear-resistant, and 88 percent more stain-resistant than other aligners.

byte also guarantees your smile for life. That means that if your teeth move out of alignment after going through the byte treatment, byte will cover the cost to straighten them, no questions asked.

Not only do other companies charge customers for retainers to keep their teeth straight, but most companies also lack a lifetime guarantee.

High Frequency Vibration ($900) Included Free

HyperByte is the company's exclusive dental movement acceleration device. High frequency vibrations or (HFV) uses soft micropulses that transmit through the roots of the teeth to the surrounding bone. According to byte, this type of therapy can reduce discomfort and will seat the aligners around the teeth. This will help cause better aligner traction, more accurate teeth movement, and much faster treatment times.

Research shows that this type of technology has been proven, and used for years by orthodontists selling it to their patients for as much as $900 a piece.  Only byte includes this FDA cleared technology free for their customers.

Three-Month Average Treatment

Though the duration of treatment will vary case-by-case as the treatment program depends on several factors, including the extent of the individual customer's alignment needs, byte offers one of the quickest teeth straightening programs.

Consumers can also expect a faster treatment time if they're following byte's recommended guidelines:

• Wear the aligners as much as possible — only taking them out to eat or drink
  • Use the aligners on both the lower and upper teeth
  • Order replacement aligners immediately if one gets lost or damaged
  • Switch aligners every week

Because of the company's HyperByte technology, customers typically finish the program in three months.

Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner

Very few invisible aligner providers include the value that byte does. byte offers free retainers to customers. Other invisible braces companies charge up to $99 for a pair of retainers that last only six months.

byte also includes a bottle of BrightByte 3-in-1 premium teeth whitening foam, breath freshener, and aligner cleaner for free. Because teeth alignment requires customers to wear aligners all day, byte wants to help customers have a whiter, brighter smile at the same time.

byte recommends cleaning the aligners immediately after taking them out to prevent them from looking cloudy or discolored. However, byte advises customers to clean the aligners with the BrightByte whitening gel that acts as a teeth whitener/foam cleanser and not to use other whitening products as they can damage the aligners.

byte also offers free shipping both ways on all packages sent and received.

Payment Options

There are a few different payment options. Customers can pay the full cost upfront or they can choose a monthly financing option through bytepay™, byte’s all-new 100 percent guaranteed approval payment plan.

• The one time payment option is $1,895
  • The monthly option is a $83 monthy payment over 25 months — a $250 down payment is required

Unlike several other invisible aligner companies, byte offers multiple financing options that are inclusive to all financial situations to get the best possible monthly payment. Or customers can finance their invisible aligners through byte's financing partner, Affirm. byte accepts all major debit and credit cards including Care Credit.

Customers can use their dental insurance, as well as their HSA or FSA debit card to pay for the treatment.

Customers can also pay for their purchases with Splitit. Splitit is a global payment solution that allows shoppers to split the final cost into interest-free monthly payments. Currently, byte offers 3 or 6-month payment options with Splitit. There is no application process with Splitit; customers receive instant approval using their existing debit/credit card level.

byte now offers a military discount of $150 off for all active and retired military, along with discounts for first responders, and college students.

The Bad

• Slightly Higher Prices
  • Does Not Ship to North Carolina

Slightly Higher Prices

The entire in-home invisible aligners industry is much cheaper than traditional metal braces, but there are price fluctuations within the industry itself.

Though byte's monthly payment plan and free products included in the overall package are advantageous, the company's prices are slightly higher than other companies in the invisible aligners industry.

However, the price difference may be inconsequential given the great financing options and additional value.

Does Not Ship to North Carolina

byte currently ships to 49 states.

The only state byte does not ship to is North Carolina. The company states that it will soon; however, it does not give an estimated time-frame.

The Bottom Line

The byte-for-Life guarantee ensures that customers will have a straight smile for the rest of their lives — this guarantee is practically unheard of in the invisible aligner industry. While some companies will offer a 30-day guarantee, they usually only cover the impression kit. byte includes retainers, cleaner, and whitening products in its overall price, a perk not seen in many other invisible aligner companies. Additionally, byte does not require a down payment on its monthly financing option through Affirm. Customers can also choose a monthly financing option at 0 percent APR through byte’s various financing parters.

Another attractive feature of byte's service is its HyperByte® technology, which reportedly cuts alignment time in half; this technology is included free as part of the treatment.

Customer reviews praise byte's customer service team and many customers are pleased with how easy byte made the entire straightening process. Customers were also happy with the variety of payment options. Being able to pay upfront, through an HSA or FSA account, or by financing, is a huge plus for many consumers.

While byte has slightly higher prices then several other invisible braces companies, we recommend customers use byte because of the quality and range of service it provides, as well as the value of the time savings from its HyperByte technology.

4.9

Kiara Martino
December 13th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

My experience with byte so far has been amazing. Im 4 weeks in and I already feel and see a difference. The hyperbyte tool makes the aligners feel more comfortable as the days go by

Marnie
December 13th, 2019 Youngsville, LA DETAILS

i’m about halfway done and loving the results so far! can’t wait to see my finished smile! everything about the byte process has gone so smooth and have recommended to friends looking to perfect their smiles!

Ashley
December 13th, 2019 Winter Haven, FL DETAILS

I’m on my fifth week, and so far I can’t complain! Everything has been so easy and stress free. I think my favorite thing about byte that makes them different from the rest is the hyper byte. When my teeth are sore it’s so soothing and makes them feel way better. Also they have excellent customer service!

Lacey
December 12th, 2019 Independence, MO DETAILS

Customer service has been nothing short of amazing, the product itself is fantastic and I can already see a difference.

Jeri
December 12th, 2019 Sapulpa, OK DETAILS

This. Company. Is. AWESOME! Customer service is so fast and helpful it’s unbelievable! With our generation being a here and now one this company doesn’t disappoint! I’m so excited to see my final results!!

Ivy
December 12th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Byte has made fixing my teeth very easy and doesn't waste my time. There were some mailing mistakes involved but other than that it's been great. Their customer service is wonderful and always ready to help!

Sandra Burdi
December 12th, 2019 Folsom, CA DETAILS

As a fairly new Byte user, I can tell you, this is great! I was hesitant at first before taking this step but after carefully reading reviews of Byte and other similar providers of this service, Byte seemed to be the #1 deal. The whole process was convenient & easy, the payment options were reasonable and affordable, and most of all, in 3 weeks I'm beginning to see a difference in my smile. Thank you Byte! You are the best!

Morgan
December 12th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Update. I originally reviewed this company because you got an extra cleaner with it if you did so. So, I'm going to guess most of these reviews are wrong. HOWEVER. Now that I am finished with my aligners and my teeth ARE NOT straight, I am changing my review. I now even have a GAP in my front two teeth. My bottom teeth aren't even close to aligned. They say you have a "lifetime warranty" but I've emailed them 3 times, no reply. I also never heard back from anyone once I paid... I will be trying to get my money back, I would've been better without these. Don't go with this company.

Sep 27, 2019

We do our best to get you the quality care you deserve, as easily and quickly as possible. Thank you for your review- we truly appreciate your feedback!

Britt
December 12th, 2019 Jarrettsville, MD DETAILS

The process was very easy and convenient. I am very happy with my new smile!

Brenda Johnson
December 11th, 2019 Clarksville, TN DETAILS

I highly recommend byte aligners to anyone who is interested in fixing their smile. Customer service is the number one thing that got me interested into their aligners . My teeth are getting straighter by the day . I needed some adjustments after my initial treatment and contacted their customer service and they quickly provided me with additional aligners . If you are like me and are wondering in which company you should give your hard earn money too... YOU won’t be disappointed, I promise . P.S : they guarantee us byte for life If we need it !

TopAgent
December 11th, 2019 Carlsbad, CA DETAILS

Great product, great customer service. Wish I had done this years ago! Thank you!

Leslie Greer
December 11th, 2019 Hayti, MO DETAILS

I highly recommend Byte for an alternative to traditional braces. They are super easy to work with have great customer service and the treatment plans work! Thank you Byte for a straighter smile. ~Leslie

Dom K
December 10th, 2019 Zanesville, OH DETAILS

After 10 weeks my teeth have shown major improvements with how straight they are and how white they have gotten. The process is so simple and the hyperbyte tool is next level.

Corie
December 10th, 2019 Atascadero, CA DETAILS

Loving my teeth getting straighter! The trays are comfortable!

Guinevere Getchell
December 10th, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS

Byte is so easy and affordable! I do not have dental insurance currently, but needed a quick fix to restrighten my lower teeth after a car accident this summer shifted my jaw and ruined my bite. Byte quickly helped get my teeth back in alignment.

Roberto Aspillaga
December 10th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS

I’m on my third week and I already see my teeth starting to shift. The whole process has been very satisfactory so far and I can’t wait to see the results at the end of my treatment.

Mark Hatfield
December 10th, 2019 Garrettsville, OH DETAILS

If you are looking for fast customer service and very fast results then go with Byte!!!

Edgar Vidal
December 10th, 2019 La Puente, CA DETAILS

Byte Aligners compare to no other. Great response team and knowledgeable with all their help #noregrets

Pam
December 6th, 2019 Lebanon, MO DETAILS

Byte has been a wonderfully easy company to work with. Impression kit arrived quickly. My first sets were not good enough. A second kit was sent free of charge! Once Byte received a clear, clean set of impressions from me my aligners were ready in about a month. Minimal discomfort so far. Overall cost less than half of what my orthodontist was quoting me and going to take less time.

Alex
December 6th, 2019 Long Beach, CA DETAILS

I wanted to make a change about my not so perfect teeth, so I did my research and came across Byte. After reading all the great reviews about them I decided to give them a try and fix my teeth. 6 weeks in and my teeth have made huge improvements already. I actually feel comfortable smiling without being self conscious. I would recommend this product to anyone who is thinking about invisible aligners

Courtney
December 6th, 2019 West Des Moines, IA DETAILS

Byte has been absolutely great to work with! Their Patient Care Team was very helpful and their aligners did wonders to my smile. Would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Susannah
December 6th, 2019 Kokomo, IN DETAILS

My aligners came in just a couple weeks after sending in my impressions. Excellent customer service in making sure I have the right size trays and answering all my questions.

Celia
December 6th, 2019 Ottumwa, IA DETAILS

I almost gave up on perfecting my smile, until I came across Byte. I loved how quick and easy the process was. Their customer service representatives have always been so helpful and reliable. I am glad I went with them!

Heidi J
December 4th, 2019 Jennerstown, PA DETAILS

I can have straight teeth without intrusions to my busy schedule! My about a decade ago, my son had traditional braces. Not only were they more expensive (about twicr the price), but they were also painful at times. I can feel the difference when I change to my new aligners, but it doesn't hurt. He had to wear his braces much longer; 2 years v my 16 weeks with Byte. He had diet restrictions to prevent damage to his braces. I can eat anything I want. I just pop the aligners out to eat, then replace them afterwards. Best of all, I don't have to leave work early to go to monthly checkups!

Sarwna
December 4th, 2019 Bolingbrook, IL DETAILS

Great customer service! My son has used Byte for a few months- closed his front gap & helped with overall spacing! Great product!

Mackenzee
December 3rd, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS

I am new with byte, I havnt gotten far into my journey yet but from what I’ve noticed right off the bat was how great Customer Service has been. They have taken care of some issues I had very easy , every time I call I never need to wait long tell someone picks up ! It’s been great going through byte and I’m very happy I chose taking my smile too them :)

SABURUL HAQUE
December 3rd, 2019 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

I whole process was very simple. I got my 14week plan and now I have a great smile. I am very pleased.

Michael Yardley
December 3rd, 2019 Richmond, VA DETAILS

Byte has an amazing experience all around! Great product, wonderful customer service, and stellar results so far. Highly recommend!

Rachelle Fratzkemm
December 3rd, 2019 Arnolds Park, IA DETAILS

Easy to use. My teeth are straighter and whiter.

Georgia
December 3rd, 2019 Lingle, WY DETAILS

I am in love with Byte. It’s only been three weeks and my teeth are already straighter, smoother, and whiter. The aligners are so clear and comfortable and the transition process is not painful at all! Definitely recommend it to anyone.

Stephanie DeVary
December 3rd, 2019 Sarasota, FL DETAILS

Byte has been an amazing experience. From hour 1 to now almost 30 days later. My teeth, smile- everything is improving! I had terrible teeth grinding issues and chronic aching from the misalignments & overbite that occurred over time. I am amazed at how much improvement has occurred in just 30 days. Customer service was super helpful and so far I love love love it! Their guarantee + plan arrangement is the best in its class. I did a lot of research prior to jumping in and it totally has paid off!

Geordon Wroten
December 3rd, 2019 Windsor, CO DETAILS

Everything has been really easy and whenever I have an issye someone from byte helps right away!

Dec 10, 2019

Thank you so much for the five stars Geordon!

Cristy Skolfield
December 3rd, 2019 Chesterfield, MO DETAILS

I have had a great experience with Byte from the start. They have great customer service and quick treatments. I am 2 weeks away from finishing mine and already love the results.

Dec 10, 2019

So close! Thank you for your review and we can't wait for you to see your new smile :)

Amber
December 3rd, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

I cannot gush about the product and experience enough. I am two weeks into my treatment plan and have been nothing but thrilled with the set up, customer service, and early results. People who know me are noticing my aligners and asking questions. I sound like an infomercial because I could go on and on about how much I love my aligners and the Byte business model.

Dec 10, 2019

That's so exciting Amber :) We can't wait to get you to your new smile!

Pam
November 27th, 2019 DETAILS

I am 1/3 of the way through my treatment and can already notice a difference. byte has been there for any questions I have had. There is a good chance my rating will be even higher once I have finished.

Dec 10, 2019

Thank you for your review Pam, we are excited to get you to your new smile!

Erin G
November 27th, 2019 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

byte helped me to finally get the straight teeth I always wanted! The ease of the process and the quality of customer service is unbeatable!

Dec 10, 2019

Thank you for the 5 stars Erin and we're so happy that you are loving your new smile!!

Matt
November 26th, 2019 Odenton, MD DETAILS

Customer service is unique in that they actually clearly care about your experience. Plus the aligners work so fast!!

Dec 10, 2019

It's all thanks to that Hyperbyte, allowing our patients to safely and effective move through treatment twice as fast . Thank you so much Matt!

MaryAnn Abusamra
November 25th, 2019 Spencer, MA DETAILS

This is my second review of Byte; And I still love these aligners. I still still have a couple months to go but my teeth have shown great improvements. This all happened without pain and extremely little discomfort. The discomfort only last the first day when you switch them to a new set and like I say it is basically just knowing they feel a little tighter. I'm loving that I can already smile and laugh even when my aligners are not being worn. The payments I'm making for getting my confidence back is small enough I don't hardly notice. I love that there are dentist you can talk to if you need any questions answered. All in all I have not had a moment when I questioned why I did this or why I chose this company. Byte is great! They really are there for you every step of the way.

Jul 01, 2019

We are so happy you are on your way to your best self with byte! Thank you for choosing us.

Alyssa Humphrey
November 25th, 2019 Swanton, VT DETAILS

Ive been impressed every step of the way! Amazing customer service, affordable, quick treatment and my teeth already look straighter and whiter 4 weeks in! Highly recommend!

Dec 10, 2019

It's so exciting to be able to notice results so soon, but we can't wait to get you to your new smile :)

Bree Bartlett
November 25th, 2019 Ottumwa, IA DETAILS

The process had been super easy from beginning to end and the customer service is excellent!

Dec 10, 2019

Thank you for the five stars Bree!

Mark Jones
November 25th, 2019 Goshen, IN DETAILS

After considering Invisalign and smile club, I’m am glad I went with byte. The customer service and lifetime warranty can’t be matched by no one in the business.

Dec 10, 2019

Thank you so much for choosing the byte family Mark :)

Roberta K.
November 25th, 2019 West Babylon, NY DETAILS

After researching I chose Byte for my invisible aligners. One of the best decisions I have ever made. The process was quick, easy and had superb results. The customer service was fantastic. Considering what you get the price was well worth it. No regrets. And no more being self-conscious when I smile!

Sep 27, 2019

This is amazing! Thanks so much for your review- we can't wait to get you to your results!

Sommer White
November 25th, 2019 Greenwood, AR DETAILS

I chose Byte over all the rest bc of the highest ratings of really working and the lifetime guarantee, and I haven’t been disappointed! I’m only on week 8, and everywhere I go my friends are complimenting my teeth. They are closing up the gap and straightening everything out! Highly recommend!

Oct 16, 2019

We love hearing that patients received their aligners quickly, thank you for your review Sommer. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything, we are always here!

Mary Worst
November 25th, 2019 Apollo, PA DETAILS

My experience from the beginning has been extremely easy to understand, expertly and considerately handled. No question off limits nor unexplained. I feel at ease and fully taken care of by professionals.

Dec 10, 2019

Thank you so much for the five stars Mary, we truly pride ourselves on providing our patients with great orthodontic care!

David Courtney
November 25th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Seems to be working fine, no pain and can barely see them

Dec 10, 2019

Thank you for the review David, don't hesitate to reach out to support if you ever have any questions about treatment!

Christy
November 25th, 2019 Ransom, KY

It’s been so easy and fast definitely recommend

Dec 10, 2019

Thanks for the five stars Christy!

Denise Engebretson
November 25th, 2019 West Fargo, ND DETAILS

I am only in week 5 of my treatment and have already noticed improvement with little to no pain or discomfort. I like the fact that it takes half the time of other systems.

Dec 10, 2019

It's so exciting to be able to notice some progress so soon isn't it?! It's all thank to the Hyperbyte :)

Rachelle
November 25th, 2019 Mankato, MN DETAILS

Byte has been a great company to work with right from the start. I've compared many companies over the last year to see which one was the right fit. They have the best price (upfront cost), quickest results, great customer service and a lifetime guarantee - they made the decision fairly easy. I'm 1 week into my aligner process and I can already feel my teeth changing. Looking forward to my end results!

Dec 10, 2019

Thank you for choosing to join the byte family out of all the other guys Rachelle :)

KIMBERLY MENA
November 25th, 2019 Olympia, WA DETAILS

Byte has been absolutely great! Their customer service is fast and responsive, but best of all courteous! The aligners are super easy to use and very comfortable. If you want straighter teeth without the hassle and cost of braces, then this is for you. 5 out of 5 stars for sure!!

Dec 10, 2019

Who wants to waste time and money on regular old braces?! Not us! Thank you for your review Kimberly :)

Megan S
November 25th, 2019 Biddeford, ME DETAILS

from the moment i ordered my impression kit, the byte team has been so friendly and helpful with the whole process! the hardest part of it all was taking my own impressions and honestly if you just follow the directions closely it’s super simple! everyone i’ve dealt with has just wanted the best for me and my teeth 😁

Dec 10, 2019

Those impressions can for sure be tricky to do on your own sometimes, but we always got your back on that and every other step of the way! Thanks Megan :)