byte

8.5

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

LAST UPDATED: January 31st, 2023

Byte® is a clear aligner company that offers remote treatment to customers who need minimal to moderate dental alignment correction. In December of 2020, Byte was acquired by Dentsply Sirona, one of the largest dental equipment providers in the industry.

Created by world-renowned celebrity cosmetic dentist, Dr. Jon Marashi, Byte's Smile Science technology designs a personalized smile. The proprietary Byte Aligner System also includes HyperByte™. Byte's aligner plans with their exclusive HyperByte device offer fast results for a smile you'll love.

We believe customers can expect a positive experience when working with the Byte team and its customer support.

Keep reading our Byte review to learn more about the pros and cons of choosing Byte.

Go directly to Byte reviews

The Good

• Positive Byte Reviews
  • Simple and Straightforward Treatment Process
  • High Frequency Vibration Tool Included
  • Short Average Treatment Length
  • Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner
  • Payment Options
  • Byte-at-Night Option

Positive Byte Reviews

Of the 3,600+ Byte reviews on our site, an overwhelming majority of them are positive. Many customers mention excellent customer service from sales representatives and Byte’s orthodontists. Customers also mention that they’re very satisfied with their Byte treatment plan and overall smile results.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Sagar from Seattle, WA

"I had researched about a lot of teeth aligner companies and finally went with Byte because of its most number of positive reviews. And, I'd say that I'm very happy with my choice. I can really see the results. The gaps in my teeth are almost gone. Their team is very responsive and they regularly checked in with me about my progress. I'd surely recommend Byte to anyone."

*This includes some reviewers who received a free gift in exchange for their honest opinions.

Simple and Straightforward Treatment Process

Byte's invisible aligners are clear plastic devices custom made to fit your teeth. Over time, each clear aligner will gradually shift your teeth, so you have straighter teeth and a straighter smile.

Using the at-home impression kit, consumers will use a molding putty and trays to make the impression of their teeth, and then they'll send those teeth impressions back to Byte using the supplied free pre-paid shipping box.

The molds from the impression you send back will generate an interactive 3D model of what your teeth look like, and what they will look like after treatment. Byte will then determine if they're a good candidate for an aligner treatment.

Byte’s aligners are designed to help people who need minor to moderate alignments. If you have crooked teeth, crowded teeth, or simply need a minor bite correction, Byte is an excellent option to get straight teeth.

If you're not a candidate for Byte, the company will refund you the full price of the Byte impression kit.

The molds are used to generate an interactive 3D model of what your teeth look like and what they will look like after treatment. Byte will then determine if you’re a good candidate for clear aligners.

The Byte team will also look at your pictures to decide on a plan that matches your facial structure. Byte evaluates your facial structure to help create your smile plan, using Smile Science. This is a detailed system created by Dr. Marashi who has worked with several well-known Hollywood stars. The Smile Science aims to ensure your smile looks symmetrical in comparison to your face.

You’ll have a chance to review the customized treatment plan and respond with any questions you may have.

Byte also guarantees your smile with the Byte for Life guarantee. That means that if your teeth move out of alignment after going through the Byte treatment, Byte will cover the cost to straighten them, no questions asked.

Not only do other companies charge customers for retainers to keep their teeth straight, but most companies also lack a lifetime guarantee.

Byte’s treatments are done without any office visits to a dentist or orthodontist, but customers should still see their dentist regularly to keep up with oral hygiene.

High Frequency Vibration Tool Included

The HyperByte device is the company's exclusive dental movement acceleration device. High frequency vibrations (HFV) uses soft micropulses that transmit through the roots of the teeth to the surrounding bone.

According to Byte, this type of therapy may reduce discomfort and better seat the aligners around the teeth. This may result in better aligner traction, more accurate teeth movement, and much faster treatment times.

Short Average Treatment Length

The clear aligner system is not only less expensive than traditional braces, but is often also faster. Though the duration of treatment will vary case-by-case as the treatment program depends on several factors, including the extent of the individual customer's alignment needs, Byte offers one of the quickest teeth straightening programs.

Consumers can also expect a faster treatment time if they're following Byte's recommended guidelines:

• Wear the Byte invisible aligners as much as possible — only taking them out to eat or drink
  • Use the aligners on both the lower and upper teeth
  • Order replacement aligners immediately if one gets lost or damaged
  • Switch aligners every week

Because of the company's HyperByte technology, customers typically finish the program in four-to-five months.

Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner

Very few invisible aligner providers include the value that Byte does. Byte offers free retainers to customers. Other invisible braces companies charge up to $99 for a pair of retainers that last only six months.

Byte also includes a bottle of BrightByte 3-in-1 premium teeth whitening foam, breath freshener, and teeth aligner cleaner for free. Because teeth alignment requires customers to wear aligners all day, Byte wants to help customers have a whiter, brighter smile at the same time.

Byte recommends cleaning the aligners immediately after taking them out to prevent them from looking cloudy or discolored. However, Byte advises customers to clean the aligners with the BrightByte whitening gel that acts as a teeth whitener/foam cleanser and not to use other whitening products as they can damage the aligners.

Byte also offers free shipping both ways on all packages sent and received.

Payment Options

There are a few different payment options. Customers can pay the full cost upfront or they can choose a monthly financing option through bytepay™, Byte’s all-new 100 percent guaranteed approval rate payment plan with no credit checks.

• The one-time payment option is $1,895
  • The monthly option is an $82 monthly payment over 32 months — a $249 down payment is required

Unlike several other invisible aligner companies, Byte offers multiple financing options that are inclusive to all financial situations to get the best possible monthly payment. Or customers can finance their invisible aligners through Byte's financing partner, Affirm. Byte accepts all major debit and credit cards including Care Credit.

search

Highlight: Byte accepts multiple forms of payment, including dental insurance.

Customers can use their dental insurance, as well as their HSA or FSA debit card to pay for treatment.

Customers can also pay for their purchases with Splitit. Splitit is a global payment solution that allows shoppers to split the final cost into interest-free monthly payments. Currently, Byte offers 3 or 6-month payment options with Splitit. There is no application process with Splitit; customers receive instant approval using their existing debit/credit card level.

Byte-at-Night Option

Byte now offers a treatment plan in which customers only need to wear their aligners at night. This is a notable and exciting new offering, as many consumers don't love having to wear their aligners throughout the day, including having to take them out and clean them anytime they eat or drink anything besides water.

These at-night aligners are made with a grind-resistant polymer material and are slightly thicker than Byte's day-wear aligners. Consumers who go with this Byte-at-Night option will need to wear their nighttime aligners for a minimum of 10 continuous hours. This treatment plan also takes 2-3 months longer to complete compared to the all-day aligner plan. The at-night treatment plan is also slightly more expensive, costing a single payment of $2,295, or $99.56 per month (after a $449 deposit) if doing a monthly payment plan.

Byte now offers a military discount of $150 off for all active and retired military, along with discounts for first responders, and college students.

The Bad

Slightly Higher Prices

The entire in-home invisible aligners industry is much cheaper than traditional metal braces, but there are price fluctuations within the industry itself.

Though Byte's monthly payment plan and free products included in the overall package are advantageous, the company's prices are slightly higher than other companies in the invisible aligners industry.

However, the price difference may be inconsequential given the great financing options and additional value.

The Bottom Line

The Byte for Life guarantee ensures that customers will have a straight smile for the rest of their lives (conditions apply). While some companies will offer a 30-day guarantee, they usually only cover the impression kit. Byte includes retainers, cleaner, and whitening products in its overall price, a perk not seen in many other invisible aligner companies.

Additionally, Byte does not require a downpayment on its monthly financing option through Affirm. Customers can also choose a monthly financing option at 0 percent APR through Byte’s various financing partners.

Another attractive feature of Byte's service is its HyperByte® device with high frequency vibration (HFV) technology, which may help speed up tooth movement and ease discomfort;* this device is included free as part of the treatment. *Preliminary clinical studies of small groups of users have shown that daily recommended use of a high-frequency seating device functionally equivalent to HyperByte with clear aligners may have this effect. Individual results may vary.

Byte customer reviews praise Byte's customer service team and many customers are pleased with how easy the entire straightening process is with Byte. Customers were also happy with the variety of payment options. Being able to pay upfront, through an HSA or FSA account, or by financing, is a huge plus for many consumers.

While Byte has slightly higher prices than several other invisible braces companies, we recommend customers use Byte because of the quality and range of service it provides, as well as the value of the time savings and convenience of receiving clear aligner treatment from home.

bookmark

Featured Review

Janel ! Knox, IN

I tried SDC and failed with it because their customer service was terrible and the retainers were so thick, painful and the treatment was over a year to complete. After three years, I decided to try again but this time I tried Byte. I picked them mostly because I saw I could get a straight smile in 11 weeks. I am so far beyond impressed with Byte. My treatment plan is 11 weeks, I am able to talk with these retainers in (they are thinner), the discomfort isn't too bad and their customer service has been amazing! Their packaging is above and beyond and they offer great products to go along with your treatment plan such as whiting supplies, hyperbyte and more. I never once had a difficult experience with byte and I am beyond impressed and pleased. They make me feel like I am not doing this alone.

Reply from byte

Thanks for giving byte a chance for the second chance at your smile, we got you!

Jan. 19th, 2020

bookmark

Featured Review

Angelina Skerritt Washington, DC

I absolutely loved - and still love Byte! Their team made sure that I had their support every step of the way. The process was quick, easy and affordable considering all of the sweet benefits! Even though my treatment is done, they managed to send me a free retainer and follow up post-treatment! Byte gave me my confidence at a price j couldn’t refuse.

Reply from byte

We're so happy to hear you're happy with your results, Angelina! We've got you covered, always <3

Apr. 9th, 2020

Lance Stange Loveland, CO

I was very excited about Byte, the price was good, the technology (HyperByte) seemed convincing, and the "at-night" approach was very appealing. I was told 7-9 months to a "perfect smile". In hindsight what is clear is that the company did a great job at marketing its solution and a terrible job in planning out how to execute it right. Short version – go to a local orthodontist, and you will be MUCH happier in the end. Longer version – I am now 2 YEARS into my treatment and, as of today, they are telling me it will be April before I am done. My experience along the way has been very frustrating because you, the patient, must drive everything. Yes, they try to send automated reminders, but they are typically not at the right time or stage you are at. But I have spent SO MUCH time driving the process, and they are slow to respond, that I would have much rather have had a personal experience. So was less expensive than going local, yes. But after multiple restarts over 2 years, the frustration, the extra money, the lack of responsiveness, and the overall headache were NOT worth it. With the competition they have in the marketplace today, I don’t see their business model thriving unless they make changes.

Feb. 3rd, 2023

Tammy Wilson Corbin, KY

The aligners were somewhat effective, however, teeth have shifted with continued use of a night retainer. I had difficulty reaching Byte customer service and paid for 5 years of aligners. I have attempted to reach Byte multiple times to no avail. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Reply from byte

Hello Tammy. At Byte, we know how important communication is and we always strive to be open and transparent. We want to look into your concerns and do what we can to help. These concerns are best handled by the Clinical team.  They are the team best equipped for aligner concerns, staffed by Dental professionals who are fit to assist with remote Orthodontic treatment. Our team is available to speak via phone call at  (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. You can also fill out the link at https://patient.byteme.com/ or email us at [email protected] to connect with the Clinical Team.

Jan. 16th, 2023

Monica Lowe Fairfield, CA

Byte is great at providing the service they describe on their website: they fit you with a set of clear aligners to meet your correction needs. Treatment plans are prepared and monitored remotely by licensed orthodontists, dentists, and technicians. Checking in with Byte regularly throughout the treatment process is very important though, to make sure you're on track, and to address any needs you may have. Following their guidelines is also very important in order to maintain your guarantee. You’ve got to be reasonably self-motivated. The only issue I had was that when I tried to email them to discuss some adjustments I needed, I was looped through their website and had to answer a form questionnaire which didn't always address directly what my problem was. They would always get back to me about my concern through email, but I felt it would have been easier for me to just speak directly with a person rather than go through this process. But hey, my teeth look great!

Reply from byte

Hi there, thank you so much for this amazing feedback! Here at Byte we want to make the expereince an easy and smooth process while providing optimal support. We have a direct line to call if you ever need assistance via phone call at 877-298-3669. We are so excited for you, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

Dec. 5th, 2022

staci larey Fouke, AR

Unhelpful customer service and support through the whole process. Deceptive guarantees for an additional 650.00 that void for the smallest thing but these terms were withheld from me until after I purchased, and reached out with my issues I was having with my aligners. It states there are no refunds allowed, but none of this information was made available to me until I made a complaint!!!!

Reply from byte

Hi, Stacy, and thank you for your feedback. It is very helpful for us to hear honest and upfront feedback. While information on our voiding and return policies is available via our website, we would also like to provide clarity on them--send us an email at byt[email protected] and we would love to answer any questions you may have. Thank you!

Nov. 28th, 2022

Bolt Machine Pocatello, ID

The bulk of this rating goes to the rep who helped walk me through the process! Kearsti is amazing! She was kind, efficient, knowledgeable, and just the right mix of professional yet warm. Kearsti needs a big ole Thanksgiving & Christmas bonus (as well as a fat raise guys!)

Reply from byte

Hi there! Thank you so much for leaving us this review. We are so happy to hear! Our team is always standing by to support.

Nov. 17th, 2022

Wesley Andrew Holland Morehead, KY

The process and product was a bit cumbersome to get going but not too bad frankly. Treatment seemed to go pretty smoothly with encouraging early results. When the last set had finished moving my teeth however is when it became much more difficult. My teeth did not match the treatment plan despite their claims. The main reason I used byte was to fix one tooth, a front tooth. It was 90% of my concern so I paid very close attention to it. It is to this day still the biggest eyesore in my smile because I have attempted 3 times to play their "guarantee" game by submitting all info requested, jumping through multiple pages of hoops and documentation including fully reviewing the problem while providing all pictures necessary. No resolution, just ANOTHER request to resubmit everything again each time. I have accepted the fact that they are not going to honor their guarantee and that I have wasted almost 3k. Please consider another provider even if you need to pay a bit extra. I have full documentation of everything (correspondence, pictures, treatment plan vs actual results, and more) and they only continue to make me chase my tail. After almost 2yrs I've given up and willing to take the loss, don't do the same thing.

Reply from byte

Hello Wesley, thank you for leaving this feedback we understand your frustration and always want to work our best on improving our customer experience. We do offer our Aligner Guarantee which will provide any customer with additional adjustments to ensure we get them to the projected end results free of costs as long as they have been complaint with the guarantee guidelines. Please note that since this is a remote treatment we do rely on photos to review the progress and the fit of the aligners. However, we will be happy to look further into your concerns and get this addressed. Please give us a call at 866-765-2327 or send us an email at patient.byte.com/support. We are standing by for support!

Aug. 16th, 2022

Christina Renee Smyrna, DE

10/10 customer service. Usually respond within 24 hours. 9/10 app. Initially had issues with checkins but that got resolved 10/10 product. Cheaper than braces and other aligners. No dentist required as they have one within the company and reviews the pictures. Aligners will hurt the first day each week but that’s normal. Swap them out every week. It’s recommended to use hyperbyte to shorten treatment and help with sensitivity. The whitening/cleaning solution that comes with it also works amazingly with no sensitivity. The only issue is you begin to run out of it within 2 months. Overall, 10/10 rating from me

Reply from byte

Hi Christina, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this awesome review. We are so happy for you!

Sep. 9th, 2022

Megan Sequim, WA

They were great and got my teeth looking so much better! I loved the hyperbyte and how the treatment went. My only complaint is that the initial timing was wrong and wouldn't have left my teeth straight. It took weeks of going through customer service for them to look at my case and reassess and then I had an additional 12 weeks of treatment. I wish things were a bit clearer as well. Sometimes you have to dig around the site to find the correct article in order to understand how things work. But the customer service reps I've talked to are very nice and I did like the company and am glad I went with them.

Reply from byte

Megan, thank you so much for your valued feedback. We are so happy to hear that your experience has been positive for the most part. Feel free to reach out over our social media platforms or directly to our Customer Care Team at (877) 298-3669 if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Mar. 21st, 2022

Samantha Kern Brandon, FL

I had braces and they never worked. In fact, they only made my teeth worse. My dentist insisted the only way to fix the damage the braces had caused was to remove teeth. I refused to do such, and was left thinking my teeth would forever look the way they did. Then, I heard about Byte. Although I was a bit doubtful that it wouldn't work, I decided to give it a shot. Byte has completely transformed my smile in months, something my braces couldn't do in years. My teeth are now straight and I have the smile that I've always wanted. I cannot thank Byte enough for helping to fix my smile.

Reply from byte

We are proud to offer a more convenient way to straighten teeth! Thank you for your review, Samantha!

Mar. 18th, 2022

Emily Hartman Bozeman, MT

My treatment has been taking longer than stated but I am seeing progress. Slowly but there has been progress. There has been some miss communication along the way on both ends through email but today I had a scheduled call with Esmeralda and she was great. She was friendly, listened, and made great points. I’m very excited to see keep moving forward and see the final results. Thank you for all the support along the the way.

Reply from byte

Byte is fit for mild to moderate cases and is not for everyone. Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. We want to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. Please give our team a call at (877) 298-3669 so that we can look into this further, we're standing by for support.

Nicole Milanesi Ramsey, NJ

I was very stressed about a snagged tooth that I've had for years. I was able to fix it with Byte's night program in a little over six months. Now I wear my retainer regularly and I'm very happy with my smile. I found it easy to use, reliable, and responsive (which was not my experience when I vetted using Smile Direct Club). I am very appreciative for the change to my teeth and the ease.

Reply from byte

Thank you so much for this thoughtful review you left us. We are so happy to hear this. We are beyond happy for you as well!

Susan Hofmann Gresham, OR

It was so easy to use! I had Invisalign many years ago. I had to go to the dentist every two weeks. They tell you to wear your last one as a retainer. But I didn't after awhile because it got gross. My teeth moved back in a few years. Byte gives you a retainer in the end. You can still use the Bright spray cleaner, and they make it easy to order more

Reply from byte

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this awesome review. We are so happy to hear and happy to have you be part of the Byte family!

Ariah Chandra-Scott Bisbee, AZ

I went through Byte for aligners for my son.The aligners really are invisible ! They are comfortable and easy to remove or put back in. He has experienced very minimal discomfort. But the big draw is the companies communications and support. They reach out and make themselves accessible.This was really reassuring for me in choosing them, reading the reviews about their customer service in comparison to other invisible aligner companies that have bad reputations. Byte offer a lifetime guarantee, so if something goes wrong they are going to sort it out. Also I have someone I can text directly if anything needs to be troubleshooted . My son is 3 months into his treatment plan and thrilled with the results so far. The price is so accessable, and the treatment is comfortable and discreet. So far our experience with Byte has been fantastic

Reply from byte

Ariah, thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review! We are thrilled for your son and his new smile. Our team is here every step of the way, so if you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out! :)

Rylee E. Hilo, HI

The impression kit was fast and the instructions were easy to follow. If you have any questions or concerns, the Byte team were always so quick to respond. The aligners came in quickly after I sent in my impression kit and I live in Hawaii! Shipping usually isn’t fast when it comes to where I live. You’ll see results fast as long as you follow the directions and use the hyper-byte daily. You will experience some discomfort because your teeth will be shifting but using the hyper-byte will fix that! I used to have braces and I never wore my retainers. I really regret not wearing them, I became somewhat insecure about my smile. I’m still on the treatment but I can’t wait until I get my smile back to the way it was.

Reply from byte

Rylee, thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We agree it is so important to follow the treatment guidelines to see the results you want! We can't wait to see you show off your new confident smile😁

Sep. 15th, 2021

Cindy Independence, KS

VERY pleased with Byte! I'm about halfway through my treatment and THRILLED with Byte! The process of getting set up and evaluated was super easy and very effective. All of my questions were answered and I never felt forced or coerced. In fact, when I got my treatment plan with amazing 3D video showing the weekly changes, I responded that I wanted to see something a little bit different in my new smile. They took my input and made a couple of adjustments without any concern or argument. I really felt a part of the process. The Byte by Night plan has been perfect for me and the simplest thing. The biggest thing that won me over was that Byte worked with my insurance and set me up with everything I needed to incorporate my coverage. I hadn't seen that with any other provider. Overall, I totally recommend Byte and have encouraged my daughter to consider Byte to tweak her post braces smile as well as few friends.

Reply from byte

We are so excited to hear that you are already noticing results! :)

Mar. 6th, 2021

Magan

After a LOT of research byte was the way to go for sure and I am so glad I did! Being older I was hesitant...I had braces 18+ years ago as an adult due to only having baby canine teeth (no adult canines) that were barely holding on, needing to be removed and complicated by a very open bite. Over the years my spaces began opening up more and more and on a limited income I wanted and truly needed to find a way to not hide my smile any longer so I could be happy. With one conversation with byte sharing my story and hearing such positivity, my hesitation melted away and I began my journey! From their website, to their treatment process and their customer service...AMAZING! Since my very first interaction with the people at byte they have been so wonderful and continue to be every step of the way!!! Everyone is so very knowledgeable, helpful, kind, friendly and soooo patient!!! They all truly want the best for you and celebrate that every person is different. They are so excited for you along every step of the way of your transformation. They keep in contact with you, check in with you to see how the process is going, ask if you need anything and also quickly respond to any questions or concerns. The aligners are truly amazing, easy to use and maintain. The HyperByte is brilliant and the BrightByte is amazing. With BrightByte you can see the difference for sure and have beautiful, shiny teeth and fresh breath! Also the financing options and guarantee are wonderful! Truly there are not enough words to express how very grateful I am that I found byte and for their wonderful treatment process. To the most amazing part of byte, it’s people, to everyone at byte THANK YOU!!! I am so grateful for you all!!!

Crystal Ciszek

Do not use Byte. I know the price point is tempting, but I have a valid reason why I do not recommend their service. They only provide half the trays upfront, then you need to complete a check in to receive the remaining brackets. I submitted all of the required documentation, AND CALLED THE NEXT DAY, to which I was told everything looked great and they should arrive in 3-4 weeks. At week 3, I call. JUST TO BE SAFE. The order was never submitted. I have been in the same bracket for two weeks, and will have to wait another 4 to received the "already confirmed" remaining brackets. These trays are not meant to be used for 6-8 weeks. They will not do anything to remedy their wrong, other than say "there's nothing they can do." When I asked for a refund because they did not comply with their treatment best-practices the replied with "in 3-4 business days someone from upper management will send an email." I paid cash, upfront, in full and they just never placed my order. Again, do not use this company. My teeth will not be straight and I'm out all my money.

Reply from byte

Hi Crystal. We at Byte value open communication and transparency as top priority. It's important to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. You can also fill out the link at https://patient.byteme.com/ or email us at [email protected] to connect with the Clinical Team. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Jan. 10th, 2023

E Brown Trinity, AL

Great, my teeth are back where they used to be after braces for years, in the short time of a few weeks. I was very disappointed with the whitening gel. I used it as directed but saw no difference in my teeth pertaining to whitening. Overall pleased with the outcome, wish the whitening worked out better.

Reply from byte

Thank you for the kind review! We are so thrilled to hear this. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel to reach out--we're her to help.

Nov. 28th, 2022

Michelle L. Londonderry, NH

This company is AMAZING. The process has been super easy and they are always there to answer any questions I may have about my treatment. I would recommend byte to anyone looking for a easy and effective treatment. Cant say enough good things!

Reply from byte

Hi Michelle, we are so happy to hear this and very excited for you! Thank you so much for leaving us this review!

Oct. 21st, 2022

Susan Cochrane

The beginning was easier to adjust to but the fit as I went along became a problem. The aligners later in the pack were tough in the backeven after filing causing cuts to my tongue so I started to wear them only at night. This has obviously delayed the process which I'm ok with. They didn't send me my full set originally and the additional liners don't fit as well and take a few days to get used to. My teeth are getting straighter so that's a plus.

Reply from byte

We're so excited to follow you along on this Byte journey. Our team is here for you every step of the way so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out :)

Apr. 15th, 2022

Joe Nelson Charlotte, NC

I chose Byte because I wanted to try and fix my crooked lower teeth but I didn't want to spend a lot of money to do it. The onboarding process was easy, and I liked the digital creation of what my teeth will look like through the treatment cycle. The aligners themselves have worked, though I have not quite finished my treatment (I am taking longer then expected because I'm not wearing them as much as I'm supposed to, which is totally my fault) . However, the biggest area that Byte should change is communication. I understand that there are significant legal issues with giving advice, Etc, but getting a somewhat straight answer or even a "we cannot answer that, you should ask your dentist" would go a long way. Responses also took a long time.

Reply from byte

Hello Joe. At Byte, we know how important communication is and we always strive to be open and transparent. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Mar. 28th, 2022

Melissa Piper-Barr Aubrey, TX

system is not bad however there is no one monitoring your progress unless you submit an appointment with an issue. the photos you upload are not looked at. do yourself a favor and join the facebook group as you will learn more there than with resources from Byte. once they get your payment is it very difficult to reach them. and make sure you do the insurance or you are wasting your money. that said, I am almost done and happy with the progress. it did take more than twice as long, as i moved too quickly and did not realize no one was monitoring the photos sent in. like i said, join the facebook group and you will learn all the mistakes of others for a more swift program.

Reply from byte

Hi Melissa. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. We want every customer to feel supported throughout the whole Byte journey. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team, please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist.

Mar. 31st, 2022

Diamond Gibson Tallahassee, FL

The customer service is GREAT!!! Whenever I needed help they were easy to reach and replied super fast. I did need a few extra set of aligners but they were fully covered. NO EXTRA CHARGE! I would definitely recommend and I hope one day I could become a brand ambassador one day... I would enjoy informing the world about this amazing company!

Reply from byte

This is so amazing to hear, Diamond! We are here for every customer every step of the way. Keep smiling!

Mar. 16th, 2022

Brianne Lett Austin, TX

I liked the process and the way my teeth have began to shift to get rid of my little gaps - my only issue was the customer service part. I noticed that in the end I still have a sizeable gap near my bottom canines - i contacted then and asked what could be done since I had just dropped $3,000+ on these braces. I paid it all off within 3-4 months and since they had all my money, they said SORRY! But you approved the payments for them so you are SOL :-/ I was pretty angry at first and am still not happy about the end result, especially since I went on this journey to build my confidence and find happiness in my smile. I would pay for a set of braces that could remove these gaps - im sure it would be a set of 3 or 6 of them. But they told me I had to pay them for another entire treatment, which would leave me in the red for about $6,000+.

Reply from byte

Hi there. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience, so we appreciate you leaving this feedback. We want every customer to feel supported throughout the whole Byte journey. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team, please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist.

Mar. 14th, 2022

Lauren McDowell Clinton, PA

Everything's been really easy and the results are going great. My only annoyance is the respond time to emails. I couldn't get my next shipment of trays till they approved the for of my current ones and it would take them a week to respond to emails so each set required an additional week of waiting before moving forward. Other than that my dentist even says that my teeth are looking great with the byte braces.

Reply from byte

Thank you so much for sharing this and for your feedback. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We are so happy you are part of the Byte family!

Christine Page Longview, TX

I had really bad teeth when I was younger so I had braces. As I got older My wisdom teeth came in and I had to get them removed. My teeth shifted back but not all the way. Byte has made my teeth almost perfect again I'm just waiting for the "bone memory" to be less shifty.

Reply from byte

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. We are very happy to here this and so excited for you!

Amanda Cruz Coulterville, CA

Byte needs to be more descriptive of the process. You throw a box of aligners at us and we're basically flying blind with what to do. Definitely need to be way more informative about the process of the aligners and when it's the right time to move to the next set. I followed the very basic instructions and changed my aligners out every 7 days, not knowing I was nowhere near ready for a change out!!! Be up front with people and let them know they may need to wear their aligners anywhere from 1-4 weeks at a time. And make sure people know what to look for to know if it's time to move to the next set of aligners

Reply from byte

Hi there. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. Thank you!

Mar. 7th, 2022

Valerie Cartwright Philipsburg, MT

I have had nothing but success with BYTE! Other than some minor discomfort (obviously due to my teeth moving) I have not had any issues what so ever. I did run out of my byte foam cleaner but I just need to get on the ball with ordering more. I have had tremendous outreach from the byte team via email, phone & text. The price is not bad either. Thank you BYTE!

Reply from byte

We are so happy to hear that our team has been able to provide you with an awesome and positive experience so far. We are dedicated to getting you the smile of your dreams and making this whole process as easy as possible. We're so happy to have you a part of the Byte family :)

Nov. 24th, 2021

Mariel Lerebours Newburgh, NY

I am 2 1/2 months into my treatment plan and I am very satisfied and content with my 3+ month plan. There's slight discomfort with each new tray I put in but it's only for the day. They are swapped weekly every night so discomfort fades by the morning. A disclaimer is the discomfort is Max on the first tray. This is normal with moving teeth . I am satisfied.

Reply from byte

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us! We are so excited for you. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected]

Kristen Allegood Richmond, VA

I did my research and carefully compared Byte to Invisiline (which my insurance would contribute to, but not Byte). However, the Byte system was 1/3 the cost and 1/3 of the time of Invisiline. Even without insurance, I saved over $1k with Byte. The system worked. The service was terrific. I completed things online, but when I needed to talk to someone they were immediately available and terrific.

Reply from byte

Thank you so much for sharing this, Kristen. We are so happy you chose Byte and we can't wait to hear what your new smile does for you!

Samantha Garcia Palm City, FL

Byte was really easy to apply for and seemed really easy to navigate through. Im week 9 out of 14 and things seem to be going so far so good. At the beginning there was someone texting me helping me with the impressions and talking to me about everything. I wish they had options for tray sizes. I have a fairly small mouth and getting correct impressions was a bit tricky. I thought I was going to get declined. Only thing is that it take a bit for the Btye team to get back to you if you have questions. But its understandable, theres alot of other people doing these treatments and only so many employees.

Reply from byte

Hi Samantha, we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. If you are ever not hearing back from our team, give us a call at 877-298-3669 during normal business hours MST Monday-Sunday and we would be happy to help!

Oct. 20th, 2021

Kayla Mustard Vanceburg, KY

Towards the end of my bottom set of aligners my teeth had not shifted the way they were supposed to. I reached out to Byte and they immediately contacted me and we set up a call to address the issue. The process of getting new impressions and a new set of aligners has been very quick and smooth. Everyone I have talked to or dealt with has been extremely helpful and friendly.

Reply from byte

Yay! We are so happy to hear about this. Our team's goal is to make our customers' smile transformation as seamless and stress-free as possible, so do not hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have! Thanks for the review!

Ryan A. Ruiz Chicago, IL

The trays are very discreet and the easy-to-follow, regimented and sequentially organized set takes all the guess work out of the whole process. My teeth ache most days, but that's how I know the Byte trays are working!... Well, that and the fact I can see and feel my teeth straightening out with every passing week! My only critique is that the trays are particularly sharp around the edges and the provided mini nail file is not adequate to file down those sharp edges. My first week wearing the trays the sides of my tongue were painfully swollen from the irritation of the tray edges cutting into them. I ended up having to purchase a $50 Dremel tool, which makes quick work of grinding down the edges of the new trays each week. Aside from that, I am very happy with how quickly things are progressing, especially with the use of the included vibration device!

Reply from byte

We are thrilled for you and can't wait to hear what those results do for you. Thank you for providing this detailed review. Keep on smiling!

Oct. 12th, 2021

Jennifer Hilton Canton, OH

My son wanted braces to correct his top front teeth. He suffers from severe anxiety and when he was little he would scrap his teeth across his bed post when he was nervous. Well insurance considers this cosmetic, and braces were too expensive to pay out of pocket. So we tried byte which was a fraction of the price. He wore his for about 4 months and his teeth already line up. He had straight teeth for his senior pictures and was really happy.

Reply from byte

We are thrilled to hear that he was able to have straight teeth for his senior pictures! We are proud to offer a more affordable alternative to traditional braces. Everyone deserves to have a smile they love. Thank you for the great review, Jennifer!

Oct. 6th, 2021

Katie Suisun City, CA

I'd love to give Byte 5 stars, but my teeth are not yet straight. I'm only on my 2nd week of my revision aligners, so I still have 13 weeks to go before I actually know if this will work for me. Unfortunately I had gone through 14 weeks of aligners before my progress pictures were reviewed, and it was then that I found out my teeth were off track. Like way off track. It was determined that I have "stubborn teeth" so unfortunately the original plan didn't work for me. I need to keep my new aligners on for 10 days instead of 7 before switching. And 12 hours instead of 10hrs (I'm doing the nighttime aligners) I will say that my teeth have definitely improved, so it is working, it's just taking me a little longer thank originally planned. The process has been incredibly easy. Aside from my stubborn teeth, everything else was much quicker than anticipated. From the time I paid, after sending back my impressions, I had my aligners in about 2 weeks. They have never hurt, I've experienced zero pain this entire process. I did have to get used to taking them out, and I recommend ordering a little tool off of Amazon if you struggle getting them out. I pop them out in seconds with the little very inexpensive tool that has a little loop for your finger and a tiny L shaped end that helps pop them out so you don't ruin your nails. Overall I'm satisfied with Byte. I feel they are still working kinks out of the company, but the people are so friendly to deal with. The customer service takes a long time to respond via email. So don't bother, just go ahead and call them instead. Even if you have to wait a while, it's better than waiting days for an email response. I was quoted $6,000 for Invisalign, and was told I would need to wear them 22hrs a day for a year to straighten my teeth. So I figured I saved half the money, and half the time. So I definitely think Byte is a better deal. I'm hoping to be able to leave another review (or update this one) after my teeth are finally straightened. Overall, I do recommend this company.

Reply from byte

Hi Katie, thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. We are so excited to get you to that final step. We want to make sure every customer feels supported the whole way through, so if you are not hearing back, feel free to send us a direct message on Facebook and we would be happy to help. We want to get every customer to their dream smile! Thank you for your review:)

Oct. 12th, 2021

Mariah Diaz North Providence, RI

Before signing up for byte I had talked with two other companies neither company bothered to reach out or even answer my questions. byte customer service was so informative there were a couple questions she could not answer but direct me to someone she could and even followed up. My experience with them wasn't forced it honestly felt like they genuinely cared about helping me achieve my perfect smile versus just trying to sell me a product.

Reply from byte

Thank you for this awesome review! We are here for our customers every step of the way. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out! We hope you'll share your result pictures with us:)

Sep. 28th, 2021

Michael Purdue Martinsville, IN

I believe the first retainers should be delivered separately, I was stick using the same aligner on my bottom teeth for the last five weeks and whole they are ready to clean for a week or two they start to get increasingly nasty. If I had been given the lower jaw retainer on well eleven and then the upper jaw at the end of the treatment I would have been much happier. Additionally, a six month same as cash option would be great. I paid cash to avoid the extra cost of payments but I know a lot of people that can't pay cash but wouldn't be willing to do the long term more expensive financing. They would prefer an in the middle no interest option.

Reply from byte

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. We would be happy to pass this forward as we are always looking for ways to improve our processes and communication. Thank you for your review!

Sep. 22nd, 2021

Jenn Eureka Mount Dora, FL

I had a small gap between my front 4 teeth that always bothered me. Then I found myself home from work on maternity leave and a friend was talking about her experience with Bytr and I thought I should check it out. I’m glad I did! The product and process was fast, simple, and effective. And an added bonus was some weight loss from those pregnancy lbs since the retainers are in I did less snacking.

Reply from byte

Thank you for the great review, Jenn. We do what we can to make the byte process as smooth as possible, from the moment you complete your impressions to the day you receive your retainers. We are happy to hear that has been your experience! We can't wait to see your new smile😊

Sep. 15th, 2021

charlzclide pidoy San Leandro, CA

i rate Byte 5 stars cause i used to be insecure of my smile my whole life, i used to cover my mouth when i laughed lol. the process with the impression kit was easy and only took a few weeks and the aligners already came in, the first fee weeks when i started i already saw some changes on my bite and the tooth had slightly shifted now im on week 12 my friends and family have been noticing i dont cover my laugh anymore, also with the whitening they include, it helped my teeth to be a little lighter than what i had before.

Reply from byte

Don't hide that beautiful smile! We are so happy to hear that you are feeling more confident. This is everything to us. Thank you for taking the time to share your story and leave this awesome review:)

Sep. 22nd, 2021

David Rivera II Titusville, FL

I like byte, but there are pros and cons to everything I will say the customer service getting the aligners set up phenomenal but the customer service after you have the aligners and you started your treatment plan is lacking I think a big thing is is your customer service getting the customer to purchase your products needs to extend after the fact because we are spending thousands of dollars to straighten our teeth and your customer service before hand made me wanna sign up immediately which is why I got the service I did. Now as long as we can continue that service and to treatment then it will be 100% a five star company!

Reply from byte

Hi David- we really appreciate this in-depth feedback and understanding. We are constantly working to improve! Due to a higher than normal volume we understand that our response time has been less than ideal. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any delays. Rest assured, we are staffing up and our team is working hard to help each and every customer. If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to reach out! We are available via email, a phone call and even Facebook DM :)

William Carney Marco Island, FL

Highly recommend Byte to anyone who wants to straighten their teeth and improve their smile. Being halfway through the program I have seen sugnificat results and a dramatic transformation. The Byte system has simplived a very technical and complex process and priced it at a level many can afford. Straighter teeth and a better smile is an investment in yourself and well worth it! Thank you Byte

Reply from byte

This is so exciting William! We are always thrilled to hear about all of our customers' amazing progress. If you have a question, email [email protected] or give us a call at 877-298-3669 and our team would be happy to help. Thank you for the great review

Valerie Katy, TX

Before Byte, I went to my Dentist to Invisilign with my insurance. I was told the cost was 10K, 5K I would have to pay while my Insurance covered the rest. I didn't have the money nor time to make regular face-to-face check up appts. That's when I found Byte at a way lower cost. The process was just as described on the Byte website. Also, I was able to use my HSA to pay which decreased my out of pocket expense. So far, I've followed the process for 7-weeks now and the braces are working according to my Byte plan.

Reply from byte

Valerie- Byte is proud to offer both a more affordable and convenient way for people to get the smile of their dreams :) We are so excited for you and appreciate you taking the time to share this review!

kayci Elkton, KY

They answer me with any questions very quickly first of all. I got them in the mail way faster than expected so I was able to start sooner. I was iffy at first about not actually seeing an ortho in person but it really hasn't been necessary bc the process is just simple. Wear them as you are supposed to and you can change them out every week. Some weeks I didn't feel like my teeth were ready so I wore them a bit longer but it was fine.

Reply from byte

We can definitely understand your concerns. We are glad you gave us a chance, and you're now a part of the Byte fam. We are happy to hear that our team has been able to support you throughout your journey. You are doing the right thing waiting until you feel like your teeth are ready. We are excited to be on this journey with you, and we can't wait to see your new smile!

Aug. 6th, 2021

Christina Sutu-Wallar Fresno, CA

Customer Review Video

Reply from byte

Hi Christina, thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Every customer's smile is so important to us. Our team does send check-in emails every 2 weeks to make sure everything is progressing as projected. Those emails can sometimes get stuck in a junk or spam folder. Please reach out at 877-298-3669 during normal business hours MST Monday-Sunday and our team would be happy to assist!

Jul. 29th, 2021

Cicely Newport, OR

I am so glad I went with Byte. After debating between Byte and cheaper company, I realized with their protection plan I would overall be spending the same. Their customer service is also amazing! The person that helped me was so patient and even cautioned me about putting it all on a credit since it would effect my credit score. Above and beyond my expectations

Reply from byte

Thank you! From the moment you purchase your impressions to the moment you get your retainers, our care team is there for you, every step of the way.

Jul. 22nd, 2021

Hallie Mintz Philadelphia, PA

My dentist quoted me $7200 for a similar product and Byte is so much more afforadable! I started noticing a difference after the first week and can't believe how quickly my teeth are moving! I'm doing the at night only and it's comfortable and you barely notice the aligners. People have already started complimenting and my teeth are getting whiter - I'm four weeks in and I can't wait to see the final result!

Reply from byte

Hi there, thank you for your review. Everyone deserves to have the smile of their dreams, which is why we do what we can to provide an affordable option with payment plans that fit your lifestyle. We are so happy to hear people are already noticing your straighter, brighter smile. We are so excited to see your final results!

Jun. 29th, 2021

Laura Kingsley Deltona, FL

Braces review I was sad that after 4yrs of braces as a kid I was seeing my teeth reverting as I got older-I’m headed into week 5 of my Byte experience and it’s been pretty amazing. I was seeing results by week two in my top teeth and seeing results to my bottom this week. I have a total of 11 weeks to do. I checked with other alignment companies and Byte had the best pricing overall and could do without having to go through a dentist. Looking forward to the end results.

Reply from byte

Wow that is so awesome to hear! We are so excited about the progress you have already made and cannot wait to see your final smile. Keep us updated with your progress and do not hesitate to reach out with any question you may have! Thanks for the great review :)

May. 21st, 2021

Lori Hules

Easy to order. The first aligner to adjust my teeth hurt all week, but after that each week has been easier and easier. I found wax helps smooth out any edges left on the inside near my tongue. Removing the aligner to eat and brush my teeth leaves my teeth hurting until I put it back on. The marking of upper and lower is helpful too. The little aligner box is very handy - the mirror, tools, and a place to stash extra wax. Ordering was easy. Customer service worked with my multiple payment methods and options. Best decision of mine, ever!

Reply from byte

Hey Lori! Thank you for the great feedback. We are happy you chose us on your journey to a better smile. We can't wait to see your new smile! At Byte we are always happy to help, if you have any questions or concerns we are just a message away at [email protected]

Apr. 29th, 2021