byte® is an invisible braces company that allows consumers who need minimal to moderate dental alignment to receive treatment without ever having to visit a dentist or orthodontist. In December of 2020, byte was acquired by Dentsply Sirona, one of the largest dental equipment providers in the industry.

byte's Smile Science technology was created by world-renowned celebrity cosmetic dentist, Dr. Jon Marashi, and designs a personalized smile, unique to you. The proprietary byte Aligner System also includes HyperByte™, which cuts treatment time in half and reduces any discomfort that can be associated with tooth movement during orthodontic treatment.

Special Offer
byte is currently offering
the following special promotion:
  • $65 Off Impression Kit
  • $100 Off Aligners
  • Free SNOW Teeth Whitening Kit

To redeem this offer, click the "Visit Site" button
and the promotion will automatically be applied to your order.

The majority of byte reviews reveal happy customers who have nothing but praise for the company and byte aligners. Customers were not only pleased with the treatment time, low cost, and straightforward process, but they also highly praised byte's customer service team. Many customers felt that the customer service representatives were responsive, personable, and knowledgeable. We believe customers can expect a positive experience when working with the byte team and its customer support.

Go directly to byte reviews

The Good

• Positive byte Reviews
  • Simple and Straightforward Treatment Process
  • High Frequency Vibration ($900 Value) Included Free
  • Three-Month Average Treatment
  • Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner
  • Payment Options
  • Byte-at-Night Option

Positive byte Reviews

Of the 3,600+ byte reviews on our site, an overwhelming majority of them are positive. Many customers mention excellent customer service from sales representatives and byte’s orthodontists. Customers also mention that they’re very satisfied with their byte treatment plan and have great results afterwards.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Sagar from Seattle, WA

"I had researched about a lot of teeth aligner companies and finally went with Byte because of its most number of positive reviews. And, I'd say that I'm very happy with my choice. I can really see the results. The gaps in my teeth are almost gone. Their team is very responsive and they regularly checked in with me about my progress. I'd surely recommend Byte to anyone."

Simple and Straightforward Treatment Process

byte's invisible aligners are clear plastic devices custom made to fit your teeth. Over time, each clear aligner will gradually shift your teeth, so you have  straighter teeth and a straighter smile.

Using the at-home impression kit, consumers will use a molding putty and trays to make the impression of their teeth, and then they'll send those teeth impressions back to byte using the supplied free pre-paid shipping box.

The molds from the impression you send back will generate an interactive 3D model of what your teeth look like, and what they will look like after treatment. Byte will then determine if they're a good candidate for an aligner treatment.

byte’s aligners are designed to help people who need minor to moderate alignments. If you have crooked teeth, crowded teeth, or simply need a minor bite correction, byte is an excellent option to get straight teeth.

If you're not a candidate for byte, the company will refund you the full price of the byte impression kit.

A licensed dentist or licensed orthodontist will review the molds of the teeth and determine the best course of action. Customers who get approved will then receive their byte clear aligners a few weeks later. The plastic aligners are made of a BPA-free, highly transparent, medical-grade, polymer film. byte even boasts that its aligners are high impact, tear-resistant, and 88 percent more stain-resistant than other aligners.

byte also guarantees your smile with the Byte for Life guarantee. That means that if your teeth move out of alignment after going through the byte treatment, byte will cover the cost to straighten them, no questions asked.

Not only do other companies charge customers for post treatment retainers to keep their teeth straight, but most companies also lack a lifetime guarantee.

All of byte’s treatment is done without any office visits to a dentist or orthodontist, but customers should still see their dentist regularly to keep up with oral hygiene.

High Frequency Vibration ($900 Value) Included Free

The HyperByte device is the company's exclusive dental movement acceleration device. High frequency vibrations or (HFV) uses soft micropulses that transmit through the roots of the teeth to the surrounding bone. According to byte, this type of therapy can reduce discomfort and will seat the aligners around the teeth. This will help cause better aligner traction, more accurate teeth movement, and much faster treatment times.

Research shows that this type of technology has been proven, and used for years by orthodontists selling it to their patients for as much as $900 a piece.  Only byte includes this FDA cleared technology free for its customers.

Three-Month Average Treatment

The clear aligner system is not only less expensive than traditional braces, but is often also faster. Though the duration of treatment will vary case-by-case as the treatment program depends on several factors, including the extent of the individual customer's alignment needs, byte offers one of the quickest teeth straightening programs.

Consumers can also expect a faster treatment time if they're following byte's recommended guidelines:

• Wear the byte invisible aligners as much as possible — only taking them out to eat or drink
  • Use the aligners on both the lower and upper teeth
  • Order replacement aligners immediately if one gets lost or damaged
  • Switch aligners every week

Because of the company's HyperByte technology, customers typically finish the program in three months.

Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner

Very few invisible aligner providers include the value that byte does. byte offers free retainers to customers. Other invisible braces companies charge up to $99 for a pair of retainers that last only six months.

byte also includes a bottle of BrightByte 3-in-1 premium teeth whitening foam, breath freshener, and teeth aligner cleaner for free. Because teeth alignment requires customers to wear aligners all day, byte wants to help customers have a whiter, brighter smile at the same time.

byte recommends cleaning the aligners immediately after taking them out to prevent them from looking cloudy or discolored. However, byte advises customers to clean the aligners with the BrightByte whitening gel that acts as a teeth whitener/foam cleanser and not to use other whitening products as they can damage the aligners.

byte also offers free shipping both ways on all packages sent and received.

Payment Options

There are a few different payment options. Customers can pay the full cost upfront or they can choose a monthly financing option through bytepay™, byte’s all-new 100 percent guaranteed approval rate payment plan with no credit checks.

• The one-time payment option is $1,895
  • The monthly option is an $83 monthly payment over 29 months — a $349 down payment is required

Unlike several other invisible aligner companies, byte offers multiple financing options that are inclusive to all financial situations to get the best possible monthly payment. Or customers can finance their invisible aligners through byte's financing partner, Affirm. byte accepts all major debit and credit cards including Care Credit.

search

Highlight: byte accepts multiple forms of payment, including dental insurance.

Customers can use their dental insurance, as well as their HSA or FSA debit card to pay for treatment.

Customers can also pay for their purchases with Splitit. Splitit is a global payment solution that allows shoppers to split the final cost into interest-free monthly payments. Currently, byte offers 3 or 6-month payment options with Splitit. There is no application process with Splitit; customers receive instant approval using their existing debit/credit card level.

Byte-at-Night Option

byte now offers a treatment plan in which customers only need to wear their aligners at night. This is an notable and exciting new offering, as many consumers don't love having to wear their aligners throughout the day, including having to take them out and clean them anytime they eat or drink anything besides water.

These at-night aligners are made with a grind resistant polymer material and are slightly thicker than byte's day-wear aligners. Consumers who go with this Byte-at-Night option will need to wear their nighttime aligners a minimum of 10 continuous hours. This treatment plan also takes 2-3 months longer to complete compared to the all-day aligner plan. The at-night treatment plan is also slightly more expensive, costing a single payment of $2,295, or $99.56 per month (after a $449 deposit) if doing a monthly payment plan.

byte now offers a military discount of $150 off for all active and retired military, along with discounts for first responders, and college students.

The Bad

Slightly Higher Prices

The entire in-home invisible aligners industry is much cheaper than traditional metal braces, but there are price fluctuations within the industry itself.

Though byte's monthly payment plan and free products included in the overall package are advantageous, the company's prices are slightly higher than other companies in the invisible aligners industry.

However, the price difference may be inconsequential given the great financing options and additional value.

The Bottom Line

The Byte for Life guarantee ensures that customers will have a straight smile for the rest of their lives — this guarantee is practically unheard of in the invisible aligner industry. While some companies will offer a 30-day guarantee, they usually only cover the impression kit. byte includes retainers, cleaner, and whitening products in its overall price, a perk not seen in many other invisible aligner companies. Additionally, byte does not require a downpayment on its monthly financing option through Affirm. Customers can also choose a monthly financing option at 0 percent APR through byte’s various financing partners.

Another attractive feature of byte's service is its HyperByte® technology, which reportedly cuts alignment time in half; this technology is included free as part of the treatment.

byte customer reviews praise byte's customer service team and many customers are pleased with how easy byte made the entire straightening process. Customers were also happy with the variety of payment options. Being able to pay upfront, through an HSA or FSA account, or by financing, is a huge plus for many consumers.

While byte has slightly higher prices than several other invisible braces companies, we recommend customers use byte because of the quality and range of service it provides, as well as the value of the time savings with faster results from its HyperByte technology.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.8

Janel !

January 14th, 2020 Knox, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I tried SDC and failed with it because their customer service was terrible and the retainers were so thick, painful and the treatment was over a year to complete. After three years, I decided to try again but this time I tried Byte. I picked them mostly because I saw I could get a straight smile in 11 weeks. I am so far beyond impressed with Byte. My treatment plan is 11 weeks, I am able to talk with these retainers in (they are thinner), the discomfort isn't too bad and their customer service has been amazing! Their packaging is above and beyond and they offer great products to go along with your treatment plan such as whiting supplies, hyperbyte and more. I never once had a difficult experience with byte and I am beyond impressed and pleased. They make me feel like I am not doing this alone.

Jan 19, 2020

Thanks for giving byte a chance for the second chance at your smile, we got you!

Angelina Skerritt

April 4th, 2020 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I absolutely loved - and still love Byte! Their team made sure that I had their support every step of the way. The process was quick, easy and affordable considering all of the sweet benefits! Even though my treatment is done, they managed to send me a free retainer and follow up post-treatment! Byte gave me my confidence at a price j couldn’t refuse.

Apr 09, 2020

We're so happy to hear you're happy with your results, Angelina! We've got you covered, always <3

Angela Lalonde

February 24th, 2021 Grosse Pointe, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Half way through my treatment plan and already seeing such an improvement! Good customer service, so far so good!

carringtonya

February 24th, 2021 Starkville, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

great customer service. were so helpful with the process & they were able to answer and accommodate to me with the deposit.

Stella B

February 24th, 2021 Mamaroneck, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This was the best decision that I have made for myself in a long time. I have extreme crowding on my lower teeth. I have been told by my dentist that I would need Invisalign to correct it and it’s a better for my health as the crowding would lead to the inability to clean properly (floss and brush) and could lead to bone loss. Well after getting bamboozled by my dentist and getting a scan for Invisalign they told me it’s $5k! So I took to the internet and found a few companies that offer the same type of thing for less. And I chose to go with Byte. Everything has been a breeze- the impression kit was a bit daunting but they have good videos and instructions. They have an assigned person for you at each step. It is a little confusing at first but there is someone there!! The service is great. But I have seen less than favorable reviews but everyone admits they may have not been on top of their progress and Byte will make it right. No, you don’t necessarily get a cash refund since these are custom made medical devices but they will make new trays and get everything sorted. I am on the Byte at night program so my progress will be slower, and I have paid for the byte protection plan and 5 yrs worth of retainers for about $3k. I am currently on week 4 and I see a bit of progress! If you do not see the progress you want please contact them. They can’t fix what they don’t know.

Bri

February 23rd, 2021 Meridian, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Super amazing company. My smile is looking fabulous and it’s all thanks to Byte! Their customer service is incredible. They have made this process completely stress free. 10/10 recommend!

Mark R

February 23rd, 2021 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Aligners are easy to use, communication is key if you have any worries.

Stephanie s

February 23rd, 2021 Fresno, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bytes is absolutely amazing , the stuff is always their to answer your questions , the price you can’t beat that . Loving my results can’t wait till I finish my treatment .

Avery Lareau

February 23rd, 2021 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the entire process I've gone through with Byte. They are so friendly and professional, I had to change my address for the shipping and McKinzey A was able to make sure they get to the right address. I am so excited to put on my aligners, and see my new straight teeth

Sara Reed

February 23rd, 2021 Wantagh, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The process went exactly as advertised. After sending back my completed impression kit, I received my aligner set several weeks later. My promotion code was honored. The aligner process is going as expected. Customer service is friendly and helpful.

Liz Eubanks

February 23rd, 2021 Englewood, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The staff is so friendly and helpful. Someone was there to help me ever my step of the way! I thought the impression kit was super intimidating at first but it was super user friendly! I haven’t gotten my retainers yet but I’m so excited to start this journey!

Colin

February 23rd, 2021 Madison, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm now on week 5 of my Byte treatment and I have nothing but positive feedback around the procedure. From the impressions, to the 3D plan, and to my early results, everything is working just as advertised. I already feel my teeth and bite slowly correcting itself after years of not wearing retainers after braces.

Heidi Vollmer-Snarr

February 23rd, 2021 Westford, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm very happy that I chose to use byte. The customer service and products are excellent!

Savannah Morris

February 23rd, 2021 Marion, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered the impression kit, made my impressions & sent them off, got my treatment plan and then I just froze for months! I was so worried about what if they didn’t fit, or what if I would see no difference despite the obvious changes set forth in my treatment plan! FINALLY I bit the bullet and ordered them on a whim and I’m SO glad I did! Each aligner set has fit like a perfect glove when I go into the next week! VERY minimal pain, in fact I would go so far as to say none on some weeks! In just 4 short weeks my smile is already straightening up and I couldn’t be happier! Byte also has a “secret” not so secret weapon - BrightByte - which helps keep my aligners clean and also whitens my teeth all in one!

Andy syafarudin

February 23rd, 2021 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m only on my 5th week, and I already see great significant result .

Ebonie Comer

February 22nd, 2021 Mount Juliet, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is only week two but I see a difference already. Great customer service also. I can’t wait to see the end results

M. J. G.

February 22nd, 2021 Riverside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very happy with my decision to join Byte. Their customer service has been great and the whole process has gone along smoothly. I look forward to completing my treatment plan!

Sarah Rodriguez

February 22nd, 2021 Norwich, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

just now Byte customer service has been so amazing and responsive! I’m on my 5th week using this wonderful product and I’m already feeling the difference in the position of my teeth! I have already recommended Byte to my friends and family. Thanks Byte!

Jamie Snider

February 22nd, 2021 Glenelg, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m halfway through my treatment and feeling good! Customer service has been amazing throughout the whole process!

Darrious Carlyle

February 22nd, 2021 Atlanta, GA

The experience was great I’m not done with byte just yet. But it is working and fixing my teeth.

Haleigh Salvage

February 22nd, 2021 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am 5 weeks into my treatment plan with Byte and my experience has been awesome so far. I chose Byte because it was affordable, quick & addressed my crowding in the front corners of my bite. The customer service team is responsive, helpful & friendly. I experience some soreness when switching out braces to my new week (I swap out weekly on Saturday nights)- but this is normal, and a couple OTC pain pills do the trick! The BrightByte foam is awesome- you pump it into your aligners daily to clean the trays/ whiten your teeth- I already see an improvement in my teeth color. The HyperByte tool is a game changer and I often times do it twice a day to help with any discomfort as they suggest! :) Can't wait until Week 14 is over and my smile is perfect!

Mely

February 22nd, 2021 Lynn, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer service is not as great as expected, it was like once I bought the plan, no one checked in anymore and the aligners themselves, well my treatment plan is now double what they said it would be without clear explanation as to why the first treatment did not work out. All in all, I'm not very impressed.

Tenee Roberson

February 22nd, 2021 Round Rock, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My teeth are misaligned now. I still have an overbite

Ellen Stola

February 22nd, 2021 Fletcher, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had great results so far! I knew when I started but the treatment is not going to close all of my gaps also the steps take longer that 7 days toward the last 5

Brandie Pyles

February 22nd, 2021 London, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent customer service and making sure my aligners are shifting my teeth the correct and safe way

Rebecca Holt-Gilmore

February 22nd, 2021 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have followed the program religiously and have seen mild results since July 2020- I feel that I was promised something that I might never achieve for a lot of money - i would have like to have seen an orthodontist in person to get a face to face evaluation- I’m not sold yet on the product— time will tell... a lot more time than I was told and anticipated-

Feb 24, 2021

Hi Rebecca! We'd love to check in to your treatment to ensure you're moving smoothly to get those final results. Send us a message or give us a call to our support at 877-298-3669! We'll get you on track and in touch with our clinical team.

Rachel

February 22nd, 2021 Bismarck, ND DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been using it for a few months now and I feel I haven’t seen any results yet

Kathy Yang

February 22nd, 2021 Sacramento, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a gap on my top teeth’s and Byte did exactly what I wanted. It did it’s job!

Shayla Golando

February 22nd, 2021 Destin, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Overall I like the onboarding experience. I deducted a star because the process to proceed after the 15th tray needs improvement. For one, it's not easy to navigate. There is no form, just email. Then many of the messages back and forth were redundant. I was not happy with this part of the experience.

Kat

February 22nd, 2021 Redmond, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer Service, Attentiveness, Friendliness

Jessica Talles

February 22nd, 2021 McHenry, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Liked it but it was did not work effectively.

Alysha Fulcher

February 22nd, 2021 Lafayette, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I noticed a difference in just a few months! My confidence has never been higher !

Kayla Taylor

February 22nd, 2021 Mishawaka, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The product is poor quality and the aligners do not fit as I moved on to a new week. My treatment should have been done 1 month from now but instead I have to start my treatment plan all over and I’m still waiting for a new impression kit and it’s going on a month and the company hasn’t even sent it yet.

Harley Way

February 22nd, 2021 Wrightsville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

For the most part I have been satisfied with my Byte treatment. I would just say sometimes the customer support response time is a little slow. My only poor experience was I ordered replacement aligners and only received one tray when I should have had two. I also feel like $129 is a little steep for replacement aligners!

Bcrue

February 22nd, 2021 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They sent an email to me, to check up. Everything is going smoothly. They responded nicely, with option for a free bottle of brightbyte. which is very much appreciated. Thank you. Would definitely recommend to a friend or family. 10 out of 10

Amanda Grubb

February 22nd, 2021 Ewing, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am so happy with my progress. These aligners are amazing And customer service is wonderful . I love this company and everything about it

Merrrmaid2

February 20th, 2021 Youngsville, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A specialist messaged me shortly after I purchased my impressions kit. I was able to ask any questions before I completed the impressions and was helped regarding smaller size trays. After my impressions were mailed off, a Byte advisor messaged me and answered all all of my questions. This advisor even had the clinical team contact me for clarification on a question I had regarding my teeth. Overall I have received great customer service from Byte!

Cary Zartman

February 20th, 2021 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The byte experience has been First Class from the start. And as a designer, can I say enough great things about the product packaging and materials?!! (No... no I cannot.) They’ve clearly thought through every step of the process – painstakingly – and their periodic updates and check-ins only confirm that things will remain that way for the long haul. BIG love... bigger fan.

Henry Gomez

February 19th, 2021 Flowery Branch, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love these aligners so far ... they feel comforatable and nobody will know they are on... I recommend getting extra bite byte...

Claudia Enriquez

February 19th, 2021 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am 5 weeks into my treatment and have found byte to have been a good choice. Treatment is going as explained by their treatment plan and help is only a text away. This system is very easy to follow but depends on the user in order to get results. All in all I am satisfied so far and look forward to the end result.

Maikalia Peterson

February 19th, 2021 Homer Glen, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been using Byte at Night for four weeks and couldn’t be happier with the experience so far! The aligners came very quickly and the system has been so easy to use. I’ve especially loved only needing to wear the aligners at night as opposed to much more restrictive all day aligners that I’ve tried in the past. I am 1/3 of the way through my treatment & my teeth are already so much straighter! I can’t wait to see my final result & would recommend this system to anyone looking to perfect their smile!

tmcnee32

February 19th, 2021 Marion, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience has been great! It is quick and easy to get started! I have seen significant changes in my smile! My gap is closing together! I couldn't be happier with the products and changes I've seen in just 11 weeks!

Kylah

February 19th, 2021 Porter Ranch, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with byte was good and not painful at all. I am happy with results and the fact that they are close to invisible .

Lindsey Sullivan

February 18th, 2021 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was on week 4 of my treatment and was worried when I noticed my teeth were shifting a lot (they felt wiggly slightly). I emailed the support team and was talking to someone on their clinical team within hours. They answered all my questions, even had the clinician personally review my progress with photos and details. They gave me recommendations based on the progress so quickly and with so much care. Amazing service!

Chelsea W

February 18th, 2021 Lodi, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I first started Byte, the whole process of ordering the impression kit and getting my aligners was quick and very easy. I love my results and customers service has been super nice. There are 2 reasons for not giving solid 5 stars. The first is I was never told they only send out 15 trays at a time. Once I was finished with my 15th tray I thought I was done and tried to order my retainers. That is when they told me and I had to wait 4-6 weeks to receive my remaining trays. Treatment on my upper teeth ended at 12 weeks, so it has now been 2 months wearing the same upper aligner. Which bring me to the second reason which is the retainer. I have tried to order it on the website for weeks and it wont let me. I’ve talked to customer service multiple times and have gotten no actual help until the last woman (Britney C.) I talked to today. She was very helpful I appreciated her help and sincerity very much. All in all, Byte is great and works amazingly, however the process of ordering continuation aligners and retainers is a bit stressful.

Brittany L

February 18th, 2021 Honolulu, HI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I chose Byte because it had one of the best prices for invisible brace options, a whitening system came included in the cost, and there were before and after photos of someone on their website with teeth just like mine. I'm currently in week 4 of my treatment and I can already see a difference in a few of my front teeth. The best part is, the last week of my treatment will fall on the week of my birthday, so I'm getting the gift of straight teeth this year!

Lexi Migut

February 18th, 2021 Carol Stream, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would highly recommend Byte! They work well with the customer by making sure the plan is going according to plan and working with the customer on the pricing of their budget.

Lindsay

February 18th, 2021 Cincinnati, OH

This company has gone above and beyond to make me comfortable within the process of orders byte I am very happy

Ryan Schindler

February 18th, 2021 Davis, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

All-day aligners: The impression kit was very straightforward and you do two sets in case you make a mistake. The aligners came in a reasonable amount of time. Each new set feels like a smooth transition and even the tighter fitting aligners feel fine after using the ultrasonic mouth piece. My only complaint is ~1 of 4 of the sets need to be smoothed down so they don't cut my tongue, but it takes about 30 seconds and they even included a file so not really a big deal for me.

Leah

February 18th, 2021 Elkhart, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I LOVE BYTE! I’m just getting started but I could not be more excited! They have make this process so easy!