byte®™ is an invisible aligner company that allows consumers who need minimal to moderate dental alignment to receive treatment without ever having to visit a dentist or orthodontist.

byte's Smile Science technology was created by world-renowned celebrity cosmetic dentist, Dr. Jon Marashi, and designs a personalized smile, unique to you. The proprietary byte Aligner System also includes HyperByte, which cuts treatment time in half and reduces any discomfort that can be associated with orthodontic treatment.

The majority of byte reviews reveal happy customers who have nothing but praise for the company. Customers were not only pleased with the treatment time, low cost, and straightforward process, but they also highly praised byte's customer service team. Many customers felt that the customer service representatives were responsive, personable, and knowledgeable.

We believe customers can expect a positive experience when working with byte.

The Good

• Simple and Straightforward Process
  • High Frequency Vibration ($900 Value) Included Free
  • Three-Month Average Treatment
  • Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner
  • Payment Options

Simple and Straightforward Process

byte's invisible aligners are clear plastic devices custom made to fit your teeth. Over time, the clear aligners will gradually shift your teeth, so you have a straighter smile.

Using the at-home impression kit, consumers will use a molding putty and trays to make the impression of their teeth, and then they'll send those impressions back to byte using the supplied free pre-paid shipping box.

The molds from the impression you send back will generate an interactive 3D model of what your teeth look like, and what they will look like after treatment. Byte will then determine if they're a good candidate for the product.

byte is designed to help people who need minor to moderate alignments. If you have crooked teeth, crowded teeth, or simply need a minor bite correction, byte is an excellent option.

If you're not a candidate for byte, the company will refund you the full price of the impression kit.

A licensed dentist or orthodontist will review the molds of the teeth and determine the best course of action. Customers who get approved will then receive their clear aligners a few weeks later. The aligners are made of a BPA-free, highly transparent, medical-grade, polymer film. byte even boasts that its aligners are high impact, tear-resistant, and 88 percent more stain-resistant than other aligners.

byte also guarantees your smile for life. That means that if your teeth move out of alignment after going through the byte treatment, byte will cover the cost to straighten them, no questions asked.

Not only do other companies charge customers for retainers to keep their teeth straight, but most companies also lack a lifetime guarantee.

High Frequency Vibration ($900 Value) Included Free

HyperByte is the company's exclusive dental movement acceleration device. High frequency vibrations or (HFV) uses soft micropulses that transmit through the roots of the teeth to the surrounding bone. According to byte, this type of therapy can reduce discomfort and will seat the aligners around the teeth. This will help cause better aligner traction, more accurate teeth movement, and much faster treatment times.

Research shows that this type of technology has been proven, and used for years by orthodontists selling it to their patients for as much as $900 a piece.  Only byte includes this FDA cleared technology free for its customers.

Three-Month Average Treatment

Though the duration of treatment will vary case-by-case as the treatment program depends on several factors, including the extent of the individual customer's alignment needs, byte offers one of the quickest teeth straightening programs.

Consumers can also expect a faster treatment time if they're following byte's recommended guidelines:

• Wear the aligners as much as possible — only taking them out to eat or drink
  • Use the aligners on both the lower and upper teeth
  • Order replacement aligners immediately if one gets lost or damaged
  • Switch aligners every week

Because of the company's HyperByte technology, customers typically finish the program in three months.

Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner

Very few invisible aligner providers include the value that byte does. byte offers free retainers to customers. Other invisible braces companies charge up to $99 for a pair of retainers that last only six months.

byte also includes a bottle of BrightByte 3-in-1 premium teeth whitening foam, breath freshener, and aligner cleaner for free. Because teeth alignment requires customers to wear aligners all day, byte wants to help customers have a whiter, brighter smile at the same time.

byte recommends cleaning the aligners immediately after taking them out to prevent them from looking cloudy or discolored. However, byte advises customers to clean the aligners with the BrightByte whitening gel that acts as a teeth whitener/foam cleanser and not to use other whitening products as they can damage the aligners.

byte also offers free shipping both ways on all packages sent and received.

Payment Options

There are a few different payment options. Customers can pay the full cost upfront or they can choose a monthly financing option through bytepay™, byte’s all-new 100 percent guaranteed approval rate payment plan with no credit checks.

• The one-time payment option is $1,895
  • The monthly option is an $83 monthly payment over 25 months — a $249 down payment is required

Unlike several other invisible aligner companies, byte offers multiple financing options that are inclusive to all financial situations to get the best possible monthly payment. Or customers can finance their invisible aligners through byte's financing partner, Affirm. byte accepts all major debit and credit cards including Care Credit.

Customers can use their dental insurance, as well as their HSA or FSA debit card to pay for the treatment.

Customers can also pay for their purchases with Splitit. Splitit is a global payment solution that allows shoppers to split the final cost into interest-free monthly payments. Currently, byte offers 3 or 6-month payment options with Splitit. There is no application process with Splitit; customers receive instant approval using their existing debit/credit card level.

byte now offers a military discount of $150 off for all active and retired military, along with discounts for first responders, and college students.

The Bad

Slightly Higher Prices

The entire in-home invisible aligners industry is much cheaper than traditional metal braces, but there are price fluctuations within the industry itself.

Though byte's monthly payment plan and free products included in the overall package are advantageous, the company's prices are slightly higher than other companies in the invisible aligners industry.

However, the price difference may be inconsequential given the great financing options and additional value.

The Bottom Line

The byte-for-Life guarantee ensures that customers will have a straight smile for the rest of their lives — this guarantee is practically unheard of in the invisible aligner industry. While some companies will offer a 30-day guarantee, they usually only cover the impression kit. byte includes retainers, cleaner, and whitening products in its overall price, a perk not seen in many other invisible aligner companies. Additionally, byte does not require a down payment on its monthly financing option through Affirm. Customers can also choose a monthly financing option at 0 percent APR through byte’s various financing parters.

Another attractive feature of byte's service is its HyperByte® technology, which reportedly cuts alignment time in half; this technology is included free as part of the treatment.

Customer reviews praise byte's customer service team and many customers are pleased with how easy byte made the entire straightening process. Customers were also happy with the variety of payment options. Being able to pay upfront, through an HSA or FSA account, or by financing, is a huge plus for many consumers.

While byte has slightly higher prices than several other invisible braces companies, we recommend customers use byte because of the quality and range of service it provides, as well as the value of the time savings from its HyperByte technology.

4.9

Ashley

March 31st, 2020 Montgomery, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My Byte experience has been amazing! My byte adviser has been so thorough in explaining each step of the process and keeping me updated on my status. The care team has been readily available for whatever questions I may have and I’m so thankful for that!! They’ve made this experience so easy and accommodating!

Shannon hatch

March 31st, 2020 Springville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can not recommend byte enough, they are unbeatable of price and experience value. My agent has made it impossible for me to feel uneasy or unsure about the process. Getting to personalize my smile for an affordable price is just amazing!

Kambur

March 31st, 2020 Hersey, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My treatment plan is 15 weeks long. I have 6 weeks left and I'm so happy already! Customer service is amazing. Theres virtually no pain, this company offers the quickest treatments. Highly recommend!!

Mar 21, 2020

Our care team does everything they can to make your treatment as easy as possible. We appreciate your review!

Emma Seaton

March 31st, 2020 Mount Vernon, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byte is great! My teeth look really good and there customer service is amazing. They are super nice and caring.

Astrid Medina

March 31st, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I loved Byte. I'm almost ready with my treatment and I'm really happy with the results. The treatment is not painful at all, and the customer service team is great.

shayna gosney

March 31st, 2020 Port Orchard, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byte is fantastic! Their process is incredibly simple and easy to complete. They have the most affordable and flexible payment options of any of the clear aligner companies, and their customer service is top-notch. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Byte to anyone!

Rob wyatt

March 30th, 2020 Culpeper, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BYTE, has been an amazing experience for me. At 50 years old I thought I was too old for aligners but was convinced by my dentist to give it a shot. The whole experience has been very simple, white team members worked with me the whole way. They did the insurance forms and helped me when my insurance needed additional information. I’m glad I decided to choose bite and would recommend them to any of my friends or family and for me to recommend someone they have to be doing a great job.

Kellye Johnson

March 30th, 2020 Stephenville, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with Byte has been great. I went with this company because they had so many positive reviews and also because of the Hyperbyte technology they offer. From day one of ordering the kid I felt supported by customer service. I got an email checking to make sure I received the kit and if I needed help. I have also received emails from my treatment specialist checking in on me. The aligners themselves have been issue free for me. The fit is great and I can use the hyperbyte for any discomfort. I also love the whitening foam that comes with them. I have repurchased because it is so helpful to keep my aligners clean. I am not done with treatment yet, but have seen noticeable results, and would recommend this to anyone on the fence about aligners! I really think this company is great!

Marquetta

March 30th, 2020 Akron, OH

I am on tray 4 of my 11 tray journey. I have experienced very little discomfort thanks to the HyperByte. The Byte team has reached out to me numerous times to make sure I am doing well and sticking to the plan. Their main focus is my success. Looking forward to the beautiful smile I’ll have at the end of my 11 week journey.

holly

March 28th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm middle-aged and I didn't think I could change my smile but I'm doing it! Halfway through my treatment and I'm so glad I chose to do this. I thoroughly researched the marketplace for invisible aligners and Byte came out #1 for me. The impression and treatment kits are easy to use and customer service is excellent. They offer an affordable payment plan if you don't have insurance so what are you waiting for?

Rachael

March 28th, 2020 Spring Grove, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have just purchased my aligner treatment plan and I’m so excited! The whole process has been extremely easy thus far, with the added convenience of doing everything from home. I had some questions when my treatment plan first rolled out, and customer service was so prompt and helpful to make the needed changes in order for my plan to be corrected. I’ve been incredibly pleased with my customer service advisor and how quick the response time has been. My treatment plan is 18 weeks long, which is much shorter than I expected, and the price is excellent. So far I’m very happy that I chose Byte!

Kelly R

March 28th, 2020 Los Alamitos, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My favorite part of the process was being able to do everything at home, over messenger and texting my advisor. Byte agents respond very quickly and answer all my questions. I was able to receive my aligners much earlier than expected. I love how there are so many avenues to find support. The materials sent with each step are nicely presented. Class act!

Asmr Andrea

March 28th, 2020 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byte is awesome so far. I can feel a difference already it seems like with my teeth. After not smiling with my teeth for 21 years I finally feel my confidence gaining back! The aligners are super comfortable and super easy to put in and take out. The customer service has also been great. They’re quick to respond and have answers to all of my questions. I 10/10 recommended byte!

Ashley

March 28th, 2020 Christopher, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I started my journey with byte 12 weeks ago and I started seeing results in the first 3 weeks. I expected tons of pain due to how munch my bottom teeth need to move. I’ve had a little discomfort the first day each week that I put a new set in. But no discomfort after that first day. The BrightByte is AMAZING it’s had my teeth whiter than I’ve seen them in years. I would highly recommend using them. Nothing beats not having to go to the orthodontist in person. The customer service is top notch!!

Cheryl Kent

March 28th, 2020 Pikeville, KY

Awesome customer service! Very professional and very helpful to answer all your questions!

Kelsi Bradley

March 28th, 2020 Conroe, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byte has great customer service and a great advising team! They answered all my questions and concerns thoroughly! I can’t wait to get my Aligners in the mail!

Jamie Doyle

March 28th, 2020 Staten Island, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m so beyond happy with my experience with byte ! Would definitely recommend 10/10. The team is so accommodating and very helpful. Plus they offer a lifetime guarantee ! They also sent me a free LED whitening kit. If you’re second guessing, don’t !

Mario De Silva

March 28th, 2020 Chevy Chase, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byte has exceptional customer service and this was apparent from the get go with how Nicole S. my advisor treated me and the process with such care. She ensure everything was done tight and that I got my treatment done right. The treatment itself was fast and made everything very easy. Thank you!

Regina

March 26th, 2020 , AK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byte delivered everything on time. The packaging, the presentation of the kit is very elegant. Daughter had no issues following the instructions. She had some discomfort at the beginning but no issues now that she is towards the end of the process. Her smile has always been pretty but now her teeth are also nicely aligned!

Emily Barber

March 26th, 2020 Antelope, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service has been great! They are quick to respond and helpful and I am seeing a quick transformation of my smile. I can't wait to see my forever smile. I have no complaints about byte at all. I highly recommend!

Dollie

March 26th, 2020 Blue Point, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love how easy and Pain free. I’m loving my smile! Thanks Byte.

Ebonee McKinney

March 26th, 2020 Clementon, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer service is amazing! And the service is impeccable. Lindsey helped tremendously throughout the whole process of making payments and completing my order and returning the molds etc.

JDFlorida

March 26th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Byte team was awesome and super helpful! The website was super easy to use and they couldn’t have done a better job! Very excited to receive my aligners! I am looking forward to my new smile that I’ve gotten to see already virtually, can not wait!

Keri Johnson

March 26th, 2020 West Rutland, VT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with Byte has been a super positive obe! The company is very affordable and very helpful. It's already working to improve my smile after 2 weeks!

Gloria Owen

March 26th, 2020 Bend, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far have received excellent customer service by Alex. I haven’t received my slingers yet and am excited to improve my smile!

diana cardona

March 26th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What i like most about the company is that they are very helpful and resourceful. Also understanding when it come to payments. they will work with you if you may have difficulty paying at the moment.

Melanie Beachy

March 26th, 2020 , IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The whole process was simple and affordable and the results were amazing! I finally have the smile I’ve been wanting for so long, and all in only a few months! The customer service is also top-notch. They are always checking in on you to make sure everything is going well. Everything is so well explained in the packet along with pictures so you know exactly what to do. Very satisfied with my experience.

Tom Conklin

March 26th, 2020 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazing product! My teeth are finally getting straight. It’s so easy, and shockingly affordable. The service is impeccable and they are always so fast in responding to any questions or concerns. My wife is also looking at getting Byte aligners after seeing how well they work and how great the company is to deal with!

Andrew L Tran

March 26th, 2020 Dacula, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The people were so nice during the whole process. They email you once in a while to make sure everything is alright. My smile is getting better and better too. It's a little uncomfortable sometimes but that's because the teeth are shifting. I'm getting so confident. Plus my smile is getting white with the byte whitening foam!

Ashley41291

March 26th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Highly recommend! I went back and forth for months on what company I wanted to use. I decided on byte for multiple reasons but my final decision was the customer care. Lindsey called me and helped me with everything. I’m 7 weeks into my 15 week program and get compliments every day on how much better my teeth look! ❤️❤️❤️

Eqjmpr

March 26th, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm one-third through the Byte system for my smile, with great results. Affordable. Great customer service.

Katrina

March 26th, 2020 Fostoria, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byte is an amazing company that is helping me transform my smile. Their customer service team is friendly, helpful, and they really care about your journey to straight teeth! It's fast, easy, and affordable. 10/10 would recommend!

Mar 11, 2020

Thank you for your review! We're pleased to be able to get you to those ultimate results. We're always going to be here for whatever you need!

Kat

March 26th, 2020 Corona, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent customer service. Fast replies and very simple process. Byte is perfect for anyone who wants to align their teeth from the comfort of their own home!

Sarah O.

March 26th, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After paying off all my student debt, I decided to reward myself with something I'd been thinking about for a long time: fixing my post-teen-braces, slightly crooked teeth (yes, I know I should have worn my retainers...). I don't necessarily care about cosmetics since my smile is already pretty straight; I just wanted to straighten them out perfectly so it's easier to floss and keep my teeth clean. -- GETTING STARTED: After reading TONS of reviews on Byte, Candid, Smile Direct, and Invisalign, I decided to go with Byte because they actually focus on fixing your bite structure, instead of just straightening teeth. I went in with a lot of hesitation due to poor reviews on their customer service. But I figured I'm a pretty persistent individual and promised myself to not let things slide. I received my Byte impression kit quickly. The at-home impressions sucked, and it felt like ripping cement off of my teeth every time. Luckily they came out pretty well and I got my digital plan quickly. My rep (Lilly) was super communicative in the beginning, and walked me through the whole thing when I had questions. -- PURCHASING: When I signed up for the plan I was under the impression I would be wearing both top & bottom aligners, according to my digital plan. It took about 2 months to receive them in the mail. Initially, it looked like they had forgotten the top aligners since only the bottom aligners were in my order. I reached out by email to ask if this was a processing mistake. It took a few days for them to look into the issue, and then they informed me that my plan only required bottom aligners; my top teeth are apparently perfect which is very rare. They said my top teeth would naturally adjust since my bottom teeth really do not have a lot of moving to do (I'm mostly dealing with a few slightly overlapping teeth in the front). I do wish they had communicated that sooner, since I did technically sign up for something misleading. It wasn't a huge deal (it was actually good news in my mind), but basically they changed my plan without notifying me after I paid. Unfortunately you cannot get a discount for a treatment plan with only a half-set of aligners, so I still had to pay full price.... although they were super nice about it & upgraded me to BrightByte Pro for free, and offered to create/send me the top aligners even though they wouldn't change my teeth. They also sent me the a free set of the full (top and bottom) retainers for wearing at night after my treatment is complete, since only the bottom one arrived in the original shipment. -- TREATMENT: It has been about 5 weeks in so far, and I'm actually glad my plan only requires bottom aligners because they are a lot less noticeable than a full set. My bite still feels normal, and my top teeth still align with my bottom teeth well. I have not had any issues with sharp or misfitting aligners (yet), and they haven't been too uncomfortable. The vibrating Hyperbyte surprisingly helps with the pain, which I really only experience the first day when switching to the next aligner. -- CUSTOMER SERVICE: The customer service has been better than I thought (except for a few small hiccups in the beginning). In my experience, a phonecall is the best way to reach them/discuss issues since a few customer service emails I received were quite vague. Additionally, I went with the "split-it" credit card payment plan since I liked that there is no interest. It's been very easy and the payments have been correct every time, plus I get additional rewards on my credit card. -- OVERALL: I would give a 4.7/5 for customer service, and 5/5 for the ease of treatment. I would give a 3/5 for price though, since I still had to pay full price for only half a set of aligners. I would recommend using Byte for fixing small cosmetic/bite issues! -- BONUS: I just learned that Byte is the only aligner company with recycle-able aligners! You can save your used aligners, then mail them to their facility for recycling so they don't end up in a landfill. LOVE this eco-friendly mission of their brand!!

ShelleyGail

March 26th, 2020 Denton, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wonderful experience..customer service was great! Professionally, they did all the right steps in explaining the procedures and walking the customer through the whole experience and providing the materials needed to make this way of getting braces really work.

Tori

March 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is excellent. The materials are quality and the results are fast! So glad I made this choice!

Sara

March 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They estimated my treatment wrong I have been without new braces for a month and a half. I emailed them when I was almost done with my treatment in January and I still do not have the rest of my treatment.

RAchel Stevenson

March 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best customer service and the products are amazing for the money. I absolutely was so happy with my whole experience!!

Mar 21, 2020

That's what our care team is for! We do our best to be there for you for whatever you need, every step of the way :)

Paula R

March 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

as the process continues I have concerns that show less turn around time then in the beginning

Mar 23, 2020

Hi Paula, thank you for your feedback! With our byte for life guarantee, you're covered! Please reach out to our care team so that we can further address your concerns. We'd love to help however we can to ensure an easy experience.

N.K.Battles

March 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byte is an amazing company with a system in place that works. Their plans are more than affordable and the treatment is amazing. Customer Service is excellent.

Monique

March 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are really good and help with every step.

Melanie

March 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have noticed my teeth improving each week. I noticed a difference in my teeth after about 3-4 weeks. It's hard to believe that the aligners can shift your teeth so quickly. I was pleasantly surprised and happy with the results thus far. I will admit that with the change in aligners each week, the pressure on your teeth is uncomfortable the first day, but your mouth adjusts following the first day with the new set of aligners. I am halfway through my 14 weeks and super excited to see the end result. I'm very happy I decided to go with Byte aligners.

Lorilee Williams

March 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The aligners are really comfortable compared to the plastic used by other companies I tried. Plus, the treatment time is half the time!

Lena Strait-Bodey

March 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Started off great- good customer service, great fit' then aligners didn't fit, customer service took a dive and now I've lost over a month of treatment and still waiting for new aligners

Laura

March 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Works great, but needed new mold toward the end of treatment twice.

Kim Bookhout

March 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They make this experience easy and fast.

Joe Coghill

March 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My aligners did not fit correctly and now I'm waiting for new aligners and if they are correct this has delayed my treatment for 2 months

Joan Curtis

March 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wished I had more follow up, I have not received my retainers and nothing happened as a follow up, I would like my teeth to be re evaluated then discussed

Jerry Latreille

March 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ease of use, time frame of procedure and customer service

Jared Ring

March 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

great product and customer service. Everything arrived as promised, easy to send pix and impressions, aligners came fast and results so far are amazing