byte® is an invisible aligner company that allows consumers who need minimal to moderate dental alignment to receive treatment without ever having to visit a dentist or orthodontist.

byte's Smile Science technology was created by world-renowned celebrity cosmetic dentist, Dr. Jon Marashi, and designs a personalized smile, unique to you. The proprietary byte Aligner System also includes HyperByte, which cuts treatment time in half and reduces any discomfort that can be associated with orthodontic treatment.

The majority of byte reviews reveal happy customers who have nothing but praise for the company. Customers were not only pleased with the treatment time, low cost, and straightforward process, but they also highly praised byte's customer service team. Many customers felt that the customer service representatives were responsive, personable, and knowledgeable.

We believe customers can expect a positive experience when working with byte.

The Good

• Simple and Straightforward Process
  • High Frequency Vibration ($900 Value) Included Free
  • Three-Month Average Treatment
  • Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner
  • Payment Options

Simple and Straightforward Process

byte's invisible aligners are clear plastic devices custom made to fit your teeth. Over time, the clear aligners will gradually shift your teeth, so you have a straighter smile.

Using the at-home impression kit, consumers will use a molding putty and trays to make the impression of their teeth, and then they'll send those impressions back to byte using the supplied free pre-paid shipping box.

The molds from the impression you send back will generate an interactive 3D model of what your teeth look like, and what they will look like after treatment. Byte will then determine if they're a good candidate for the product.

byte is designed to help people who need minor to moderate alignments. If you have crooked teeth, crowded teeth, or simply need a minor bite correction, byte is an excellent option.

If you're not a candidate for byte, the company will refund you the full price of the impression kit.

A licensed dentist or orthodontist will review the molds of the teeth and determine the best course of action. Customers who get approved will then receive their clear aligners a few weeks later. The aligners are made of a BPA-free, highly transparent, medical-grade, polymer film. byte even boasts that its aligners are high impact, tear-resistant, and 88 percent more stain-resistant than other aligners.

byte also guarantees your smile for life. That means that if your teeth move out of alignment after going through the byte treatment, byte will cover the cost to straighten them, no questions asked.

Not only do other companies charge customers for retainers to keep their teeth straight, but most companies also lack a lifetime guarantee.

High Frequency Vibration ($900 Value) Included Free

HyperByte is the company's exclusive dental movement acceleration device. High frequency vibrations or (HFV) uses soft micropulses that transmit through the roots of the teeth to the surrounding bone. According to byte, this type of therapy can reduce discomfort and will seat the aligners around the teeth. This will help cause better aligner traction, more accurate teeth movement, and much faster treatment times.

Research shows that this type of technology has been proven, and used for years by orthodontists selling it to their patients for as much as $900 a piece.  Only byte includes this FDA cleared technology free for its customers.

Three-Month Average Treatment

Though the duration of treatment will vary case-by-case as the treatment program depends on several factors, including the extent of the individual customer's alignment needs, byte offers one of the quickest teeth straightening programs.

Consumers can also expect a faster treatment time if they're following byte's recommended guidelines:

• Wear the aligners as much as possible — only taking them out to eat or drink
  • Use the aligners on both the lower and upper teeth
  • Order replacement aligners immediately if one gets lost or damaged
  • Switch aligners every week

Because of the company's HyperByte technology, customers typically finish the program in three months.

Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner

Very few invisible aligner providers include the value that byte does. byte offers free retainers to customers. Other invisible braces companies charge up to $99 for a pair of retainers that last only six months.

byte also includes a bottle of BrightByte 3-in-1 premium teeth whitening foam, breath freshener, and aligner cleaner for free. Because teeth alignment requires customers to wear aligners all day, byte wants to help customers have a whiter, brighter smile at the same time.

byte recommends cleaning the aligners immediately after taking them out to prevent them from looking cloudy or discolored. However, byte advises customers to clean the aligners with the BrightByte whitening gel that acts as a teeth whitener/foam cleanser and not to use other whitening products as they can damage the aligners.

byte also offers free shipping both ways on all packages sent and received.

Payment Options

There are a few different payment options. Customers can pay the full cost upfront or they can choose a monthly financing option through bytepay™, byte’s all-new 100 percent guaranteed approval rate payment plan with no credit checks.

• The one-time payment option is $1,895
  • The monthly option is an $83 monthly payment over 25 months — a $349 down payment is required

Unlike several other invisible aligner companies, byte offers multiple financing options that are inclusive to all financial situations to get the best possible monthly payment. Or customers can finance their invisible aligners through byte's financing partner, Affirm. byte accepts all major debit and credit cards including Care Credit.

search

Highlight: byte accepts multiple forms of payment, including dental insurance.

Customers can use their dental insurance, as well as their HSA or FSA debit card to pay for treatment.

Customers can also pay for their purchases with Splitit. Splitit is a global payment solution that allows shoppers to split the final cost into interest-free monthly payments. Currently, byte offers 3 or 6-month payment options with Splitit. There is no application process with Splitit; customers receive instant approval using their existing debit/credit card level.

byte now offers a military discount of $150 off for all active and retired military, along with discounts for first responders, and college students.

The Bad

Slightly Higher Prices

The entire in-home invisible aligners industry is much cheaper than traditional metal braces, but there are price fluctuations within the industry itself.

Though byte's monthly payment plan and free products included in the overall package are advantageous, the company's prices are slightly higher than other companies in the invisible aligners industry.

However, the price difference may be inconsequential given the great financing options and additional value.

The Bottom Line

The byte-for-Life guarantee ensures that customers will have a straight smile for the rest of their lives — this guarantee is practically unheard of in the invisible aligner industry. While some companies will offer a 30-day guarantee, they usually only cover the impression kit. byte includes retainers, cleaner, and whitening products in its overall price, a perk not seen in many other invisible aligner companies. Additionally, byte does not require a down payment on its monthly financing option through Affirm. Customers can also choose a monthly financing option at 0 percent APR through byte’s various financing parters.

Another attractive feature of byte's service is its HyperByte® technology, which reportedly cuts alignment time in half; this technology is included free as part of the treatment.

Customer reviews praise byte's customer service team and many customers are pleased with how easy byte made the entire straightening process. Customers were also happy with the variety of payment options. Being able to pay upfront, through an HSA or FSA account, or by financing, is a huge plus for many consumers.

While byte has slightly higher prices than several other invisible braces companies, we recommend customers use byte because of the quality and range of service it provides, as well as the value of the time savings from its HyperByte technology.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.9

Katherine Santos

May 4th, 2020 Phillipsburg, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The whole process has been super easy. Once I got my kit to make the molds, it was about 3 weeks till production time. The byte team was helpful and informative along the way. I really appreciated the updates via text and email. Kim was my personal advisor and she was really helpful. I’m not sure I can wait the 4-6 weeks for my aligners to be produced!!!

Keandra Hutchison

May 4th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am 33 years old and finally able to make the desired changes to my smile. I did my research on adult braces but quickly decided that was not the route for me. I saw and add for Byte on Facebook and order my impression kit. Working with the Byte team has been a dream! They are very hands on and so nice! I look forward to receiving my retainers and to showing off my new smile thanks to Byte! Do your self a favor

Nicki Glover

May 4th, 2020 Madison, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Extremely helpful staff! Everyone was quick to answer my questions and to provide me the help I needed! Love this company!!

Nathaniel Ottens

May 4th, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am just getting started on the Byte journey, but everyone has been so kind and helpful. It is great that there were so many options for payment. My advisor was very personable. I would definitely recommend to someone else.

Ben Lagow

May 4th, 2020 Garland, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The overall experience is very good. Customer support is very responsive. I am not quite done with the treatment and I already see results with straighter and whiter teeth.

Shelly Munford

May 4th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I applied for care credit and couldn’t figure out their website. Byte text me through it and helped me process my payment and put me one step closer to my new smile! Such amazing customer service!

Lisa

May 4th, 2020 Highland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is unmatched! You feel like you have a best friend helping you after you complete each step of the process! Transparent pricing and processes!

Alexis Henderson

May 1st, 2020 Spring, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ever since I ordered my impressions kit, customer service has been checking on me and asking about the process, making sure everything was going alright. I really appreciate this and the people doing are so nice and personable. I haven't received my aligners yet and I'm already so excited. Thank you Byte!

May 01, 2020

We make sure you're taken care of every step of the way, Alexis. So excited to get your aligners to ya!

Lora Williams

May 1st, 2020 South Bend, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byte is great at service and communication. They have kept in touch and ensured satisfaction throughout the process. I would definitely recommend them. I am satisfied, not just with their product but also their customer service!

May 01, 2020

We're thrilled to be a part of this journey with you. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Leah Sheffield Mariscal

May 1st, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Loving the overall experience, hands on customer support and general process so far with BYTE! The cost, flexibility, life-guarantee, teeth whitening included, night time aligner option and general tech-friendly approach had me sold from the beginning! I have finished my profile and ordered my aligners, now i can't wait to see my smile transformation!

May 01, 2020

Woohoo, this is so exciting, Leah! Can't wait to get you to those amazing results <3

Nadia hrishka

May 1st, 2020 New Holland, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really enjoy being a byte patient, they really care for their patients and want the best results for them.

May 01, 2020

Our care team does just that- we CARE! We're here for you every step of the way, Nadia!

Danyelle Lucido

April 30th, 2020 Grove City, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just started my journey with Byte & have had nothing less than seamless a & great experience. The impression kit only took two days to arrive & I had my results if I was a good fit or not in less than 1 week!!! The customer service reps are also wonderful!! They’re there for you every step of the way & are so kind! Highly recommend!

Robert Trahin

April 30th, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far, 2 hyperbites have malfunctioned on me. My teeth are still not straight after my 14 week plan, so now I have to get a whole new set of aligners. Through the process, the customer server has been great, but the products are cheap and I was given false promises about the time frame.

May 01, 2020

Hi Robert, thank you for sharing your feedback with us! It is not uncommon in any orthodontic treatment to need refinements- our clinical team understands that life happens, and every patient's anatomy is different. That's what our byte for life guarantee is for! We're happy to work with you to get you the smile promised. As for your HyperByte, our care team is happy to take a further look. We'd love for you to reach out so that we can get started!

Auburn L

April 30th, 2020 Oshkosh, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love byte’s customer service and the easy navigation online. You can see your teeth move and see what they would look like after byte! There is also the smile guarantee which is a good thing if your teeth move after the aligners. Overall I would recommend for anyone who is insecure about their teeth.

kathleen butler

April 30th, 2020 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am happy with the process it has been easy to follow all the steps send it in they reach out quickly and you have one rep helping you the entire time

Josh!

April 30th, 2020 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything has been quick and easy! The at-home impression kit was super easy to use and very convenient. After only 5 weeks I can see my teeth are starting to get straighter. Not only are my teeth getting straighter but with brightbyte my teeth are getting a lot whiter! Follow the guidelines and everything should be smooth sailing. Would definitely recommend to a friend!

aron

April 30th, 2020 Fruitland, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything was well explained and easy. Everyone has been so helpful and amazing! Thank you so much!

Paige

April 30th, 2020 Manchester, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Perfect customer service, in-depth instructions, and very simple process!

Wendy

April 30th, 2020 Warren, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m 66 years old and have hated my crooked teeth my entire life. I thought I was too old to do anything about it but was assured by a very professional staff that I was a good candidate for treatment. I’m so glad I decided to take the leap and choose Byte! So far my treatment plan is going very well, and I can’t wait to smile with confidence after all these years!

William O'Neal

April 30th, 2020 Brunswick, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From the very beginning, placing my initial order to my retainers, Byte customer service has been with me. Customer Service progress check in and follow up through out the process, is continuous. I recommend the Btye program to anyone thinking to change their smile at a reasonable cost. Wm O'Neal

May 01, 2020

It's amazing to see changes so quickly- our HyperByte with your aligners works wonders! And we love a good 3-in-1, don't you? ;) Thank you for your review!

sheila

April 29th, 2020 North Hollywood, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was debating between either Byte or smile direct. So I started to do some more research, of course I ended up with Byte. I picked them because I saw that they were offering the hyper byte which speeds up the process as well as soothe some of the pain you might have while wearing the aligners since your teeth are starting to move around where they are supposed to. (I saw a YouTube video of that) Also they have the whitening substance they send to you as well which is great, so you can whiten your teeth and also straighten them at the same time! So once I ordered the impression kit, Brandon was the one that reached out to me and assisted me. He was great, responded pretty quick and always offered assistance if it was needed. I think its a great company and I want to thank them for helping me make this decision a dream come true.

Brittany Thomas

April 29th, 2020 Hoffman Estates, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They've got themselves a quite impressive team! Very outstanding customer skills, patience and very informative!

Elizabeth G

April 29th, 2020 Eureka, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The byte system comes packaged in such a way that leaves little room for error! The aligners are packaged and ready to change each week. The Hyperbyte system is used for only 5 minutes per day and helps with the discomfort of my teeth shifting! The byte bright freshener and whitener has already whitened my teeth. This is my third week, and I am already seeing a change in my upper teeth. The byte system is affordable and easy, and I can't wait to see the final results.

Apr 29, 2020

Woohoo! We love seeing results so soon. Can't wait to get you to that last week, Elizabeth!

L M

April 29th, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am so impressed with BYTE’s customer service! From day 1 of ordering my impression kit, someone from their company has been available to me via phone or text to answer my questions. My aligners came a week early, despite COVID19 causing delays. I purchased this without consulting with my dentist who is a close family friend. She requested to speak to one of the Orthodontists at Byte, and they were very accommodating and even did a 3 way call. I have 15 weeks of treatment (14 to go) and cannot WAIT to see my new smile!

Auburn Luedtke

April 29th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their customer service is amazing and fast, just like talking to a friend. The aligners are easy to handle, easy directions, and many options for payment. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking to fix their smile!

Randle Annalyn

April 28th, 2020 Fort Bragg, NC

Definitely would reccomend to anyone considering doing at home aligners. They have the best price, great customer service, and you get straight teeth in a fraction of the time as other companies.

Alicia

April 28th, 2020 San Mateo, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have been very thorough and polite throughout the whole process so far! Explained step by step exactly what to expect and assured me they are here for anything! I really feel like a valued customer and see why the ratings have been so high! So happy that I went with this company!

Kimberly Sutter

April 28th, 2020 Bucyrus, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byte is a godsend! I have an open bite and looked Into getting braces. Almost $7000! With 5 little ones, I couldn't imagine spending that kind of money on my teeth. :( Then, I found Byte! So far everything's been fast, easy, and the staff is amazing! They sent me my treatment plan, I reviewed it, talked it over with my personal advisor, and less than 18 hours later they sent me a revised plan that covered any concern I had! It looks awesome too! Just paid for them and cannot wait for them to get here!!!!

May 14, 2020

We're thrilled to share be on this journey with you, Kimberly! We're here for you, every step of the way <3

Teresa

April 28th, 2020 Pompano Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have thought about braces since my teens, now in my forties I decided to finally do something to straighten my smile. After pricing around for braces and other invisible aligners, I am so happy that I decided to go with Byte. I especially like the HyperByte which helps ease some of the normal pain that goes along with moving teeth into position. The customer service reps are very responsive. I have had nothing but a positive experience and recommend to anyone thinking about improving their smile.

Mvonfalkenhausen

April 28th, 2020 Wellington, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My teeth were never really bad before I started byte, but I wanted to perfect them. I am on week 10 now and halfway done. Byte is so worth it. My teeth are so much straighter and super white thanks to the britebyte. I’m super happy with my results!

Shawanda Williams

April 28th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Week 9 and I am seeing a difference and feeling the difference every week. I am super excited about the final week!

Kyla

April 27th, 2020 Cape Girardeau, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am on my fourth week of aligners. They have been a great fit, comfortable and do not hinder my speech. My teeth are already shifting! Everything about this company has been a smooth process.

Kelli

April 27th, 2020 Tinley Park, IL

Got the box to do the impressions they were very big. I got a text asking how the box looked and I told them they were too big they immediately sent me smaller ones no problem. I just got my review back can’t wait to get them.

Noe Margarito

April 27th, 2020 Oceanside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byte was very quick to help me in my process. They’re contact team made sure I was taken care of every step of the way and ensured me that my aligners were getting taken care of. I’ve recommend them to my friend so that too can get a better smile with every byte!

Candice Hamilton

April 27th, 2020 Tampa, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was so easy, and kinda fun to take my impressions. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the email for my treatment plan. The 3D video of how my teeth will move throughout treatment was really cool. I can’t wait to get started

Ally Bartja

April 27th, 2020 Toledo, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byteme was FAST. I ordered my kit easily and received it quickly. The trays didn't fit right so I messaged my consultant and they shipped the right size within a few days. Once I shipped out my molds I heard back quickly that they were received and within 5 days I had the chance to review the change the planned aligners would do for my teeth! It was amazing! Many pay options as well. 10/10 recommend.

Ewa

April 27th, 2020 ,

So far I am very satisfied with byte customer service and how fast they can prepare treatment plan for you. Now I am waiting for my aligners and can’t wait to see results in 9 weeks!

Tisha

April 27th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer service has been more than phenomenal through this process. They have also followed up with me in regards to my impressions, making sure that everything came in a timely manner. I was able to send return them with no problem, and receive my treatment plan in less than 72 hrs. I can’t wait to receive my aligners!

Elizabeth McCrann

April 27th, 2020 Ambridge, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was nervous to start the process but when I did, I found it was actually fun. My impression kit came quickly the directions were so easy, and the packaging was beautiful. My treatment plan was completed within a few days. I am now waiting for my aligners and I couldn't be more excited.

Emily Carnal

April 27th, 2020 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

To say I am impressed with Byte is an understatement. Everyone working there is so knowledgeable and makes the process very smooth. I did my research before going with a company and am extremely happy I went with Byte. Highly recommend!!

Gracie Nichols

April 27th, 2020 Island, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byte has been very helpful with my teeth aligners.. Being 70 years old I feel a need to take extra precautions with my teeth. Byte has helped me to close the gap on my front teeth and bring a smile to my face.. Thank you Byte and all their customer representatives.

Breyanna

April 27th, 2020 Odenton, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My treatment plan for Byte was approved quickly !! My Byte advisor Jessica B. made the process go a lot smoother. She was extremely caring and answered all my questions and concerns. I am nervous to start my process since I had Invisalign before. However, I am ready to see my final results, and happy I decided to go with Byte. Thank you Byte!

Kaitlin Benedict

April 24th, 2020 Bellevue, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This process has been so quick this far! I ordered my impression kit, got it within 3 days. Returned my impression kit the same day I got them (Thursday) and they received them on Monday, received an email stating they were there and being reviewed! 3 days later I got an email from my byte advisor, shoutout to Nadia! I gave her a call, set up my payment plan and now I’m awaiting my aligners in the next few weeks! Everything has been super easy and the customer service has been outstanding. I can not wait to continue to work with this company to perfect my smile 😊

Joshua Starr

April 24th, 2020 Shreveport, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I will start off by stating this is an excellent company. From their sales department to product quality to customer service, Byte really has met my expectations. I started the process after Black Friday 19' ($20 promotion for impression kit) and never took the time to complete the impressions. A customer service rep followed up without being invasive or pushy, after which I completed the impressions. Again after receiving the treatment plan, I held off on purchasing due to personal reasons and a rep reached out twice without being over done on the sales pitch. The second call was to ensure everything was okay and even encouraged me to take advantage of the current promotion ($100 off w/ free Snow Teeth Whitening). I appreciated they reached out with something to make the offer better versus pestering me to just buy their product. After making the purchase, it took about 6 weeks for the aligners to arrive. The first week was not painful at all and by the third week I decided to trying changing aligners before the 7 day recommendation (I felt no difference of changing on 7 days or 5 days). I reached out to the rep who contacted me regarding any questions or concerns I may have had, then requested for a dentist's opinion on the effects of switching aligners early. The response was done very quickly and the dentist even reached out to me personally (asked for new images of current teeth with and without aligners) to ensure my plan would not effect me negatively. The dentist approved switching every 5 days and no earlier than 4 days and confirmed that some individuals' teeth move faster and this plan would not be recommended for everybody. However, they agreed that no significant or permanent damage could occur and I turned my 21 week treatment to 14 weeks! Every interaction has been very pleasant and quick in response, both from the doctors and the customer service reps. A friend decided to get traditional braces (on the same timeline) and he will not get them off for over a year.. and cannot get adjustments due to COVID 19.. so it will be even longer! I am so glad I went with Byte, I have not even had a single person ask if I have aligners as no one in my office has even noticed! If you are an adult, do NOT go with the traditional way of braces. This process has been extremely easy to include the comfort of switching aligners, to keeping them clean with BrightByte (works super well), and working with customer service for any questions. If you're on the fence, just do it! You'll be glad you did

Robert

April 24th, 2020 Worcester, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I highly recommend byte! Works amazing and the team behind it are awesome! Answered all my questions!

Apr 29, 2020

Thank you! From the moment you purchase your impressions to the moment you get your retainers, our care team is there for you, every step of the way. We're excited for your final results, Robert!

LenaT

April 24th, 2020 El Dorado, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service kept me feeling supported throughout the process. The videos helped me get the impressions right the first try. I found byte pay easy to set up and the entire process was made simply and with efficiency. I enjoyed being able to track my process on the website as I went. And best of all the whole process guarantees that you will be happy with your smile when your done!

Alexis Moore

April 24th, 2020 Long Beach, MS

Amazing customer service with your own personal byte advisor, 100% approval of financing options, all treatment done from the comfort of your home. Amazing company. So excited to start my treatment!

Kayla Miriah

April 24th, 2020 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Byte has been great so far! The staff are so nice and helpful. My aligners are in the making and I can't wait to receive them in the mail. I had braces when I was young and hated them so I'm ready for straight teeth without the ugly and bulky hardware!

Destiny Castel

April 24th, 2020 Pacoima, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As I was looking for Aligner there are so many companies and the best one after looking for a while was BYTE. They have very great customer service and they work fast.

Bethany Knowles

April 24th, 2020 Ephrata, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thank you Byte for providing an easy at home system to help straighten my teeth! My treatment plan was 15 weeks, they send all of your aligners to you at one time, and you change them out every week, while there is sometimes a slight discomfort when changing aligners; it is so worth it!! You will be amazed at the transformation in such a short amount of time! Also I’m sure the discomfort level is way less than braces!! It is definitely more cost effective than braces to be sure! Customer service reps were always prompt with their responses if I ever had any questions, thank you Byte for making me even more confident with my smile!