Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews Choice Home Warranty Logo

Choice Home Warranty

8.7

DICK HAMILTON Warner Robins, GA

Obtaining the policy was outstanding. Now we hope that if we have any problems the service is as good. Anthony was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Mdhilton56 ,

Didn’t have a problem purchasing online.. the bombardment of calls this morning was BS!

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the sales experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Director of Sales who will review this matter and handle accordingly.

Mr.John ,

So far , so good. I really can’t rate anything other than the salesperson was very good & helpful! Service remains to be seen once I actually need to use the warranty 😉

LG San Antonio, TX

No coverage for Preventative Routine Maintenance, yet it is required in order for claims to be approved. After a claim was made for Preventative Routine or Pre-Season Maintenance, they listed my HVAC as "recorded as Needing Maintenance".

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the determination of your claim. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement sent to you at purchase. You may find a copy of your policy contract by visiting our account center at www.choicehomewarranty.com.

Erle Benton Avenel, NJ

I had a problem with you covering the backup system of the sump pump. I asked for the Customer Service supervisor to call me. It has been two weeks and no call.

Srikanth Kamineni Malvern, PA

Star not worth it. Very poor service till adte

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience therefore, we appreciate your feedback. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement sent to you at purchase. Our policy covers mechanical failure due to normal wear and tear. We encourage all of our customers to review their coverage. You may find a copy of your policy contract by visiting our account center at www.choicehomewarranty.com.

557 Burnsidepl Gaithersburg, MD

Very responsive, great service, on-time, and knowledgeable technician.

ernie kyger Silver Spring, MD

I had an issue with my heat pump. the Choice subcontractor would not even touch the appliance. I mean that literally. They said it was inaccessable. I called another contractor out of warranty, and my heat pump has been working perfectly for over a month. All they did was replace a fuse. My dishwasher has stopped working 3 times in the past month. Twice the Choice sub came out and got it working again, but a week later, it stops working. It stopped working again yesterday.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide the best customer experience and regret to hear your dissatisfaction. In efforts to assist, our Consumer Advocate will message you directly to further address your concerns.

Carmen Isabel Yovera Grapevine, TX

I like because they are for me soon as posible . Sometimes i don't like the persons or companies they request to do the job. Or solve the problem.

cherie wilkerson Midland, TX

I went thru 3 techs b4 one showed up to my house. The water heater leak was blamed on the cold snap when I turned it off for leaking 1 month b4 the freeze. This company does not pay out on anything period! I will not be renewing for any of my houses

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Customer Relations Director.

Thad Az Chandler, AZ

This is our first claim CHW with great customer service .. no hassles and quick response to our claim ..

Robert McKenna Bloomfield, NJ

Their representative Andrew was very helpful to explain all that Choice provides and what they do not provide. We were confident that we made the right choice.

L Smith Northville, MI

This was my first experience using the service. The claim was filled promptly. The technician was very friendly and completed the part of my concerns he was able to do. Now, I'm waiting for the ok to complete all the repairs.

gchavez937 ,

Choice warranty is a company that cares for those who want low-cost maintenance of equipment and appliances in your house. In order to provide a low-budget approach to this service, CHOICE contracts with low-budget companies to provide the service. Having said that, I believe CHOICE offers a good service for the money. The technicians contracted are good and provide a good service. If that is what is important to you, this is a company where you get good service for low cost.

Danise Wheeler Molalla, OR

In the past three years, I have had four claims. Each time, I had to find my own technician and three times my claim was denied.

Hweiss109 ,

Called in a claim and spoke to Ryan who was extremely helpful in processing my claim

Anetra Byrd Toms River, NJ

Ryan was a pleasure to talk to. Very professional!!

John Morillon Gulfport, MS

Over the last year I have only had two negative experiences with technicians 1 over charged me saying part of my service call was not covered, it was. And the other day a technician took the job on Tuesday set the appointment for Friday between 11 and 3 Then no call no show. These instances are not the fault of Choice Home Warranty. They have done their best to resolve the problem both times. I am planning to renew my service soon

LANCE KAYE Las Vegas, NV

Over all you can count on CHW. When your in a tight spot they’re always trying to get someone out to handle the problem ASAP, that’s extremely important to me. They come through when it counts. The people they send out in your time of need , 9 out of 10 are professional and polite.

Savvy Buyer ,

This is the first time I am using this company. The rate and coverage is definitely the best.

cb Country Club Hills, IL

Every time I call for a repair it is not covered.

Ed Pe ,

My first claim was denied because they wanted to call it pre existing, so funny buyer beware

Tiffany Taylor Dallas, TX

My second experience was a nightmare and had me skeptical about continuing to refer my family and friends. My appointment time was from 1-4 and around 4:45 I received no update as to why the technician was not at my home or communicated with me. I had to call and customer service was not helpful. The technician showed up at 8:00 and did not complete the full order because he claims he didn't know he had to fix two breakers. He said he would come around 9am but showed up around 1 pm still no communication. Not even a month later same issue with one of the breakers. I called March 1 st to have someone come back out. Another service fee. I asked for a higher level supervisor to call me.... I'm still waiting. So the last technician came out and showed me that the last technician did not replace the breaker. I watched him do everything and heard him report to Choice that the previous technician did nothing he said he did. Had he done his job, I would not be paying another service call. Right now Choice gets a 2 star. DW electric gets 5 star. Now I'm still waiting on my phone call.

richard c elliott Washington, LA

the technician was on time and went straight to work he fixed the issues right away

Kenneth Morrison Burlington, NJ

If it was possible to give negative stars, I would. This is the worst warranty company bar none. We’ve had three different issues with appliances, and two out of the three weren’t covered. The third was our dishwasher which the company decided it was was more cost effective to replace than to repair. Sounds good until they offered us $245 for the replacement, and the cheapest comparable unit was $450. The claims specialist related that the company determines the value of the replacement based on the wholesale price for which they could acquire the unit, a service which they conveniently don’t provide. So after two years, $255 in service fees, and $1080 in monthly fees (not to mention the cost of repairing all of the things they don’t cover), they have done absolutely nothing. The claims specialist I spoke with insulted my intelligence by claiming he was attempting to “educate me on my contract,” which was the absolute final straw. I wouldn’t recommend this company if it was free. They are grifters and crooks. The contract might as well read, “We cover all electronic appliances unless they rely on electricity,” or perhaps “we cover all washers, dishwashers and hot water heaters unless the come into contact with actual water.” That’s the level of absurdity that you’ll be dealing with if you decide to give them your business. Avoid them like Covid

Jang Republic, MO

I really was impressed at the different options given and the price was doable and I can drop my coverage anytime I want or add to my coverage. There is only a $75.00 technician charge vs. 500-1 000 deductible. I hope I never have to use them however I feel secure knowing that if I have a major breakdown it will be covered and it won't break the bank.

RUBY & JAMES NORMAN Apache Junction, AZ

VERY HELPFUL AND ANSWERED ALL MY CONCERNS.

Sonja Maroni Bethesda, MD

I would give them ZERO stars if it were an option. In six years, I have submitted three small claims. Two were denied and one approved partially. When a repair finally started, they refused to complete the work and I was left with a huge mess. Save your money and use it toward finding your own reliable repairs. This company makes communication very difficult and time consuming. Horrible service; rude people; a waste of time and money.

Tewanda Pride Knoxville, TN

The representative lied. He said I could pay $43 monthly but charged my card the whole $480. He said it was an accident and he would fix it. Never fixed. I called back and customer service was closed.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Customer Relations Director who will review this matter and handle accordingly.

David Dallas, TX

Did a claim online , did an error while I filled out questions , recieved an email to call them. Representative helped me correct error and got me a service technician to look at my problem.

Dena Miller Raleigh, NC

Very prompt attention to and resolution to all of our issues. I've had another home warranty contract with a rival company awhile ago and Choice is by far a better company with exceptional customer service.

Joe Long Sterling Heights, MI

I like the ease of entering a claim and the quick service

Sheila Holland Tuscaloosa, AL

I was able to speak to a person without the long wait. I’m still waiting to hear from the contractor for an appt.

Ann McDonell ,

Thus far, not much. My first claim .....the technician did not keep appointments. I hired my own which went well. The problem is with the reimbursement. I was expecting $159.20. I received $114.50 I am still owed $ 44.70 I submitted an invoice in the amount of $224.70. less 65.00 amount due me is $159.20. Please pay the difference of $44.70. The electrician was wonderful, The issue was the long wait from filing to date of repairs.

Debbie Valdes Altamonte Springs, FL

Service has been great! I have been very pleased with the quick response. The A/C technician that serviced my unit, Chris , was awesome! Very knowledgeable and professional. I highly recommend you use Bennett & Sons for all your service calls.

John A Lake City, FL

Can't really rate the performance of the technician as he does not have the part to repair my microwave. He was here on Tuesday the 16th and identified the problem. He says he has ordered the part and it is backordered and will be received next Wednesday the 24th. Once he has the part in hand, he wil then schedule the repair, based on his andd our availability. Can't blame him for our availability and cannot forecast his availability. It seems a little premature that they are sending out surveys prior to the work being completed, but here is my input.

Erica J Taylor Fort Wayne, IN

I was a little disappointed in how the process worked for a claim. The initial call taker didn't seem to understand my request and the wrong technician was assigned. I talked to the technician who agreed that they wouldn't be able to help me, so I recontacted Choice and had to wait another week just to get another appointment to have the problem evaluated. On the appointment day, the technician was a no-show. My daughter had kept the dogs outside for hours, waiting. I called the technician the next day and the technician from D&M Mechanical came out and was thorough. When I talked to the contractor the next morning after they were a no-show, the contractor apologized for the no-show. Choice hadn't called them with the appointment, only emailed the appointment day and time. Hope this isn't how Choice does business in t he future.

Yvonne Scott Humble, TX

The call system is very good, live person to talk .

Stephanie Newhouse Temple, TX

This claim went off without a hitch. I was able to put my request in online, then Choice notified me it was assigned and a tech was scheduled to come to my house pretty quickly. The company that Choice contracted to come out was able to work with me to reschedule the visit and then the technician did a great job explaining everything to me and taking care of my problem. Great job all the way around.

Corey oler Fairfield, PA

Fast response on fixing what is broken and actually look out for the customer highly recommended!

frank patricelli Brockport, NY

I had to wait for a week after asking to have a service on my washer and dryer before someone made me a appointment. Now I have to wait up to 30 days to get money fore the buyout for my washer. The buy out was much less then what a new washer would cost.

Bethany Pominek ,

Jason was a great salesperson. He was very informative and worked to find the best solution for us.

Patrick J Rous ,

I was impressed. It took only two days to repair the problem, after being advised that a repair service would be calling me to set up an appointment, a technician arrived, check the problem with my a/c and explained what the problem was then promptly fixed it. Fortunately an easy fix and I am back up and running. Many thanks.

Victor Day Lawrence, KS

They provided very prompt service that fixed the problem with no delays.

Andrew Wildrix Plano, TX

They find excuses not to honor their warranty

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the determination of your claim. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement. We encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.

Mar. 19th, 2021

Anonymous Indianapolis, IN

Unclear policies, questionable technicians

Mar. 19th, 2021

Michael Albin Phoenix, AZ

Kurt was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions on today’s call

Tommy and Barbara Frye Sr ,

Our dryer broke down and we contacted Choice Home Warranty. They had a repairman out right away. There were several things wrong with our dryer. A part had to be ordered. It took a bit, but it was worth it. Our dryer is years old. But now it works like it is brand new. The repairman was friendly and very professional. He did a great job. Choice Home Warranty sends out only the best.

Gary Smith ,

I just joined. But so far the customer service is certainly worth a 5 star rating.

Janet Tipton Lexington Park, MD

Kind, professional and very caring. Helpful in finding the best prices for us.