Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews Choice Home Warranty Logo

Choice Home Warranty

8.5

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection against the high cost of repairs and replacements of major systems and appliances. The home warranty company strives to offer excellent service technicians, fast and simple solutions for its customers, and value for homeowners' money by reducing out-of-pocket expenses. The home warranty service provider appears to be delivering well on its goal of customer satisfaction, as is evidenced by a large number of positive Choice Home Warranty reviews below. Choice Home Warranty has been in business since 2008 and is one of America's fastest-growing companies, headquartered in Edison, New Jersey.

The Good

• Choice Home Warranty Cost
  • First Month Free
  • Customer Service Open 24/7
  • No Home Inspection Required
  • Knowledgeable, Dedicated Team
  • Real Estate Agent Packages
  • Transferable Service Contract
  • Helpful Website
  • Extensive Coverage

Choice Home Warranty Cost

Choice Home Warranty has an affordable policy that starts at $495 per year or $43.75 per month. The monthly cost is more expensive because Choice Home Warranty charges a $30 surcharge if you opt for a monthly payment rather than a single annual payment.

Choice Home Warranty's average service fee is competitively priced at $60.

First Month Free

Choice Home Warranty offers the first month of service free with the purchase of any of its single-payment and one-year warranty plans. The company also runs frequent promotions that allow homeowners to win new kitchen appliances when they apply for a quote.

Customer Service Open 24/7

Choice Home Warranty provides top-notch customer service by allowing its customers to submit claims either online or by calling a toll-free phone number. The home warranty company's call center is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, giving customers peace of mind and the ability to submit service requests and receive assistance around the clock. The company website also has a simple contact form that is easy to fill out and is sent to them immediately.

No Home Inspection Required

Unlike some home warranty companies, Choice Home Warranty does not require customers to have their home inspected in order to obtain a contract, which enables a more seamless transaction process for those signing up for warranty plans. This also allows customers to save money right off the bat by avoiding the cost of a home inspection.

Knowledgeable, Dedicated Team

With many home warranty companies, the claims process is not very personable, and service requests are assigned to a clerk in a large department. However, customers who choose to purchase a Choice Home Warranty will work with a knowledgeable, dedicated team of two or three representatives that will service their covered home repair needs quickly and efficiently.

In addition to being thoroughly involved in the claim, Choice Home Warranty has representatives that are available to answer any questions that may arise. And anytime delays take place, Choice Home Warranty requires their technicians to immediately provide the customer with an estimated completion date, so the customer is never left out of the loop wondering when the warranty service will be completed.

Real Estate Agent Packages

Choice Home Warranty offers a number of plans and packages specifically geared towards real estate agents. Because home warranties provide a valuable safeguard on the home's covered major systems and appliances, both buyers and sellers will receive peace of mind.

Additionally, including a home warranty with the purchase of a house provides a competitive edge that makes buying and selling homes more enjoyable. Choice Home Warranty also understands the addition of home warranty service has the opportunity to help close a deal, which ultimately has the opportunity to make the seller and the buyer more pleased with the settlement.

Transferable Service Contract

With Choice Home Warranty, coverage begins 30 days after enrollment and continues for 365 days from the start date. However, if a customer can provide proof of prior coverage through another warranty provider showing no lapse of warranty coverage, Choice Home Warranty will start new coverage as soon as the old warranty contract policy ends.

Any warranty contract can be renewed each year and is 100 percent transferable.

Helpful Website

Choice Home Warranty has a very helpful website that makes it easy to navigate the ins and outs of the company and what they have to offer. The service provider has sections on its website to separate potential customer types, such as homeowners, buyers and sellers, real estate pros, and contractors, making it easy for customers to know where to find the information that applies to them specifically.

The website also includes an extensive blog that is consistently updated with information regarding home warranties and related topics. In addition, Choice Home Warranty has a FAQ page that answers common questions, making it easier for customers to find answers without having to dig for them.

Extensive Coverage

Choice Home Warranty offers extensive coverage similar to other top companies in the home warranty industry. Choice Home Warranty offers two coverage packages: the Basic Plan and the Total Plan. The Basic Warranty Plan includes basic home appliances, such as a water heater, a garage door opener, and a built-in dishwasher. The Total Warranty Plan includes all of the appliances in the Basic Plan, as well as more major appliances and systems, such as an air conditioner and a refrigerator.

The complete list of the offered warranty policies and items covered by each package, as well as optional coverage add-ons, are as follows:

Basic Plan: $495 per Year or $43.75 per Month

• Heating system
  • Whirlpool bathtub
  • Garage door opener
  • Electrical system
  • Dishwasher
  • Ceiling fans and exhaust fans
  • Plumbing system

• Whirlpool bathtub
  • Garage door opener
  • Electrical system
  • Dishwasher
  • Ceiling fan and exhaust fan
  • Plumbing system

• Well pump: $100

See if you qualify

The Bad

Claim Denial Cases

Potential customers who have old appliances should note that they may be disappointed on warranty coverage for such items in the future. Covered Choice Warranty claims do not include damage resulting from known or unknown pre-existing conditions, misuse, abuse, or failure to clean and maintain covered systems and appliances.

However, similar to most warranty coverage, Choice Home Warranty's packages will cover the repair or replacement of appliances affected by normal wear and tear. Customers should carefully read the fine print and determine which of their current appliances will be eligible for coverage in the future.

The Bottom Line

Choice Home Warranty is a respected organization with a solid track record. Its warranty policy and service fee are competitively priced compared to other top-rated home warranty companies.

Choice Home Warranty offers multiple package options that each provide extensive coverage, and its knowledgeable and dedicated customer service team is available around the clock to assist with claims and to answer questions.

It is easy to see why the company has received largely positive home warranty reviews. Because the first month is free and no home inspection is required, it's incredibly easy to purchase a Choice Home Warranty and start protecting yourself against the high cost of any unexpected repair or replacement of major appliances and systems.

With affordable monthly prices and a cheaper trade service fee than most, Choice Home Warranty is definitely a solid choice for your home warranty needs.

Check out Choice Home Warranty reviews below to see what real customers have to say about the home warranty provider. Current customer reviews note that warranty claims are resolved in a timely manner, technician service is exceptional, warranty policies are listed at affordable prices, and the customer service department is helpful and courteous.

Call our recommended rep over at Choice Home Warranty below.

3.8

bookmark

Featured Review

Jimmie

They've always been right there for us any time we have had to use them. They're very friendly and they're just very very professional. I used it recently on my air conditioner. My experience with the guy they sent out was awesome. He addressed the problem immediately, no questions asked. He took care of the problem with no issues. Every time they have sent someone out, they've just been very professional and have addressed the problem immediately.

bookmark

Featured Review

James

They are knoweldgeable, friendly, and professional. The repair person came out and he was outfitted with his mask because of the virus and he came in and inspected the appliance and told me what was wrong and what needed to be done. Then he had the parts and he repaired it and was on his way. They are very responsive and prompt.

Evelyn Gibsonton, FL

Choice is the best fit for us. They always try to help me out even when they don’t know what I am talking about, they try to figure it out for me. I had a problem with my GSI and I said the wrong thing. I said it was something with my garage and I needed an electrical person but he noticed something was wrong with my garage door and he fixed that which was awesome because I was going to have to pay him any because he came out. The people that come out know their contract work and we are satisfied with them. It is very cost effective.

Coleen Henderson, NV

The salesman sold me on something but didn’t take the time to put it in the notes. He told me I would get two free service calls and when I used it the first time, they had no record of it, my saving grace was the customer service person. She listened to my call with the sales person and verified what I was saying. My dishwasher broke and the person they sent out was fantastic.

Kathy Pittsburgh, PA

The first time we used it, it was completely unsatisfactory but the second time it was completely satisfactory. The first time, the jacuzzi was leaking and it took about a week to get a plumber out. He said he fixed it but he didn’t put any protective barrier down and it continued to leak into the ceiling. I was very unhappy. When I used them for the washing machine, it was much better.

Paul San Antonio, TX

We’ve used it quite a bit over the years. We have extended it in our rental home. Sometimes it may take a day or two before someone can get out here but they always get someone and it has been reliable and on time. Generally they do a good job. The people they have sent ot have been cordial and very helpful. We have been happy with it. The price is reasonable. We save a bit of money.

Josie Summerville, SC

Every time I’ve called, I am taken care of instantly. The techs are sent out within forty eight hours. When we had to have the locks rekeyed, the guy was very good. Everything was satisfactory. With the refrigerator, the guy was very knowledgeable but he did leave the job undone but what he did was correct and the next day it started working.

Timothy Canton, MS

No time is wasted to get a claim to a contractor and the contractor being called it. Someone came out within two or three days when the ac wasn’t working. My wife was impressed and she is not normally impressed by people who come to work on our house.

Anonymous Hewitt, TX

I have a good relationship with choice, they have always responded positively. I have used them several times. The most recent time for a leaking toilet. They came over in forty five minutes. They gave us a good multi year deal and we will probably extend at some point.

Kamal Jacksonville, FL

Choice seems to have the best offer. Support is very prompt and everything has worked out better than I anticipated. They had someone out within twenty four hours the last time I used the service. He called me back in two days when he had to order the part. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Charlie Alpharetta, GA

I have two homes covered with choice home warranty because I was so happy with the first. One thing I think they should be better at sharing is that they determine the value of the appliance based on the age so if the appliance is older, you will not get the full value. Overall I am still satisfied. The service was prompt and completed as expected.

Eyhab Plano, TX

I’ve been with choice for many years and they provide the best service and their prices are very competitive. Nobody is perfect but overall the customer service is excellent. I call them and they send somebody right away. It is awesome. The work always gets done without an issue.

David Reynoldsburg, OH

My experience has been rather good so far. The people are the company take good care of us. When our air conditioner stopped working, a serviceman visited within twenty four hours. The guy they sent out was very knowledgeable and used brand new part. Everything worked flawlessly.

Jestina Balch Springs, TX

I love my experience with Choice. It has been great and I will keep using it. I will also refer to my friends and colleagues. As a single mother, when things break, I don't have no one to help me, and Choice will come and fix it for me. All I have to do is pay my deductible and they are off with no worries.

Belinda Charlotte, NC

I used it when my washing machine I thought was broken but when the technician came out he showed me that it was running perfectly and that he needed to do nothing else to it, it had to reset and that's where the issue was. He was honest with me.

Tiffany Killeen, TX

I recently had to use it for my air conditioner in my house. It wasn't blowing cold or hot air, just blowing regular air so I put in for a service request. I paid the deductible and somebody came out and they were able to fix it.

Marsha Elko, GA

Whenever I call, I get immediate service. If they cannot provide the service that they use, they will let me use someone that I know and then they will take care of that bill. When you call, they assess your situation and provide the service needed in a very timely manner with professional people that come to your home that are very professional, very considerate and get the job done. Just two weeks ago, my refrigerator door and my freezer tray were messed up, so I had to replace the tray and the door handle and they also fixed my ice machine as well, it was fixed in a timely manner and I was very pleased with the outcome. I would tell anyone that does not have this to purchase it because it is a very good service for what you pay for. It saves you hundreds and hundreds of dollars in the long run. I'm extremely pleased with Choice Home Warranty and I would recommend it to anyone.

Carmen Pittsburgh, PA

Recently got a sump pump that was installed in a timely fashion. Most of the jobs are done well but there are some bad contractors they had working for them before but lately it has been pretty good. I was disappointed they didn’t cover my hot water tank.

doris henderson Birmingham, AL

The people that come out are usually prompt and courteous and they get the job done. I am having a trouble with a recent claim. It has been hard to get a claim specialist. I would like it more if they shared their regulations for emergency situations so I don’t have to jump through hoops.

Dan North Las Vegas, NV

I feel they provide the coverage I need at a price I can afford. They respond quickly to any issue to anything. Some of the companies they work with are not as good as others.

Farrukh Ashburn, VA

I’ve been with them and I have had 1 minor claim because my stove wasn’t igniting. They responded well within twenty four hours. It was fixed in a timely manner. It was handled very properly.

James Lakeland, FL

My hot water heater went out and they came and fixed it within twenty four hours. It was very prompt and efficient. The guy was very professional. We didn’t have wait very long and we appreciated that.

Nicholas Cordova, TN

Always responsive to our claims and really on top of things. I really like choice. Everybody we’ve used has been polite and very professional. They are right on time and if they can’t things done on time, they let you know.

James Birmingham, AL

Choice is good at getting the people out there, but one of the appliance service companies wasn't good. They held my whole day up by being late and didn't give me the best service.

Pam Winter Garden, FL

So far it seems to be a good value. We used it for our hot water heater and the gentleman that came out did an excellent job. We were very grateful for him. Choice was good at communicating and they were quick and efficient.

Dana Charlotte, NC

I put in a claim to get my ice maker fixed on my refrigerator last October and it has not been a good experience. Every other time I've used the warranty it has been good but the ice maker it's still not fixed. The appliance people keep not showing up or calling and telling me they're not coming.

Zach San Antonio, TX

My fridge went out at night. I put in a claim that night. The next morning choice had already dispatched the claim and I had a repair guy out to the house by 10:00 A. M. The next morning.

Joe Nicole Byhalia, MS

My garage door's belt broke and they came out and fixed it within a few days.The guys that came were really nice. They came out in a quick and timely manner, They even called me before they came.

Mark & Linda Keller, TX

The first time we called, it was the dishwasher. It had water in the bottom of the dishwasher and he came out and discovered that the garbage disposal had a loose connection and was causing the dishwasher not to drain properly. He diagnosed it within fifteen to thirty minutes and was gone within an hour so he was prompt. He was courteous and he was very knowledgeable.

Christel Keller, TX

They've met all my needs, they take care of all my issues. I have something pending right now--the dishwasher was broken and someone came out to fix it but they said they needed the parts. But then it's been two weeks without and hearing from the company or anything, so we called back Choice Home Warranty about it and they took care of that situation and they called us and said they're gonna replace the dishwasher and they're supposed to give us a gift card for so much money to replace it.

Chandra Goodyear, AZ

Sometimes they are really good sometime they are not. It is hit or miss. I was not able to get someone out for twelve days when I had an issue with the oven door. I ended up contacting several places. It ended up costing me three hundred and seventy five dollars.

Lillie And Ronald Covington, GA

My plumbing problem was taken care of ASAP. They answered my call and were very courteous. My pipe was leaking and I called at 12 AM and they had a person to me at 7 AM.

Ben Arlington, TX

Microwave wouldn’t work so we called and they sent a person out and within an hour, it was fixed. They seem to know what they are doing. It is expensive but it is well worth it. They are trustworthy.

Gilberto Yuma, AZ

Best price of the competition. We’ve used the warranty a couple of times and they were pretty quick and easy to get appointments with, I would definitely recommend them.

Jeff Galveston, TX

Some experiences with them have been excellent and others have been poor. It has been a mixed bag. They are pretty responsive but they have ordered the wrong parts and have a hard time getting back to me and that can be frustrating.

Anonymous Jacksonville, FL

When my dryer decided to stop working, setting up an appointment with choice home warranty was seamless and service was scheduled within two days. The service representative was very professional and knowledgeable. I did have to wait to get reimbursed because it had to be replaced.

Celestine Mobile, AL

The guy that came for my electric oven was very professional and good. I had admire the way he treated my house. I would recommend him to anyone. I did have one time when the technician never shower up.

Jamaree Killeen, TX

Good company. It is very convenient to have the online portal to go through. They send someone out pretty easily and efficiently. My issues are fixed in a timely manner.

Stephen Casa Grande, AZ

I didn't get the date Choice Home Warranty promised me because they don't control the repair companies schedule but that was resolved and my problem was fixed.

Harshavardhan Frisco, TX

The technician comes out pretty fast trying to address the issues which are good. The negative thing is whenever there are high cost items It's always seems like they try to buy it out at a lower cost and I don't feel like it's fair.

Mary Jean Fairhope, AL

I needed to use the warranty for my washing machine. The touch pad would not work and the young gentleman they sent over was excellent and did a great job.

Anthony New Port Richey, FL

I was very satisfied with their resolution to the plumbing issue I had. The individual that came out repaired it according to the terms of the warranty, so I was happy with that.

Freddie Cartersville, GA

My refrigerator quit working and I called and put a claim in and they got a repairman out on Saturday. I was happy because it's hard to find people to work on Saturdays.

Anonymous Plano, TX

I've recommended Choice Warranty because I haven't had any issues. I've only used it one time and that was for plumbing my toilet and basically all it did was it just the handle, he didn't replace any parts but he told me that if I had any issues, that he would come back out and replace the part.

Caryl Sarasota, FL

I like the services they provided and the price. I've had three claims they've been in the last couple of months. it's all worked out very nicely. The plumber that they sent has been very trustworthy and professional and it saved me from having to hire somebody that I didn't know if I could trust him so that was helpful.

Chapman Franklin, TN

We had a garbage disposal fail wasn't sure if it was covered turns out it was covered submitted the claim one night the next day got a call from a repairman who was willing to come that day but we rescheduled for the next day when it was convenient he replaced it we've got a garbage disposal and it was an easy process

John Allen, TX

I would recommend Choice Home Warranty to all colleagues. I love it because it is hassle-free and takes things off of my hands. I called Choice for an issue with my AC. They scheduled a technician to come to my house and I didn't even have to schedule that myself. He came out, fixed it, and left.

Michelle Fresh Meadows, NY

I used my warranty quite a few times actually and I've had good experiences. When they couldn't fix it they replaced it with anything market value. The technicians are the greatest and if I called him up and told them look you know I wasn't too happy they would send someone else so they're actually very fair.

James Venice, FL

We've used our warranty twice so far. One was a light not working in the freezer or the refrigerator. We were contacted promptly, he came out had to order a part, came back within a week, and got it fixed very promptly. The second was the dishwasher that was not functioning properly. They came out, did some cleaning work on it, and fixed the problem the first time. Their customer service was very prompt, they immediately responded to my concerns, and their people that they have selected contacted me immediately and were timely in their response. So far I've been pleased with them. I've used other home warranty people before and I actually was very pleased with them. The price that Choice came in with was significantly cheaper than who I used previously and so far I've been pleased with their work.

Anonymous Fort Lauderdale, FL

It's very good. They have done everything they said they would do. I appreciate them very much. They know what they are doing.