Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews Choice Home Warranty Logo

Choice Home Warranty

8.7

dennis jocom Maricopa, AZ

Great people and knowledgeable with coverage also understanding compared coverage form competition options for multi year coverage that I purchased

Scipio Africanus New Bern, NC

I reported and A/C problem. A worn out circuit breaker was replaced. However, my A/C is still blowing warm air. I have been told Choice will not cover the A/C repair now. I am appealing. This is disappointing.

Deborah Lupa Carpentersville, IL

Every time I’ve had an issue CHW is on it immediately

G Smith Cordova, TN

Poor customer service and no replies on appeals.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Customer Relations Director.

John DiMascio Dunn, NC

I have been waiting a month for a part to fix my washer.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. In a recent review of your claim, our records show that we have provided you with a satisfactory resolution, in which we are glad to report that you have accepted.

Kevin Potter Tulsa, OK

They don't cover as much as they lead you to believe...

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with our policy. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement sent to you at purchase. We encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.

Diane Hines Cooper Voorhees, NJ

Service is not good for customers bad experience

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. In efforts to proceed with the enhancement of our quality service, your feedback has been submitted to our Quality Assurance Team for review.

Darlene Elliott Nanuet, NY

I could not be happier with my experience.....from submitting the claim through closure, everyone was professional, efficient and caring!

Tom Butler Denville, NJ

Rather quick response to claim filing. Technicians seem capable.

Lynnette M Molkentin Tyler, TX

The 1st time I needed help they sent out a company that is not under contract with them. Also, I don't appreciate then scheduling people to come out here when I'm at work without talking to me first.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Customer Relations.

Amy Davis Lees Summit, MO

Excellent customer service. Service calls have been resolved quickly and professionally

Anonymous Rosedale, NY

Your rates is going up first $35 $45 now 75 dollars I hardly use you

Linda Plano, TX

Always available- prompt at sending someone out!

Don F Savannah, TN

I have been very happy with Choice Home Warranty. They schedule knowledgeable technicians promptly and make whatever repairs are necessary!

Janice Duenas Henderson, NV

My furnace air Recycler went out. Choice sent out a technician that confirmed the diagnosis. Replacement was needed. I was told the part was probably not covered. To my surprise and gratefulness after speaking to a case manager, the repair was approved. Thank you Choice for having excellent customer service. I’m looking forward to the work being done which will be scheduled soon. Thanks Choice!

John Hamilton Little Elm, TX

This is my first experience with Choice Home Warranty and it couldn't have been better. Just moving in to our house, I asked Choice to rekey. They sent Best Locksmiths who arrived on time, was thorough and efficient. Choice and Best did an excellent job.

Ryan Michael Topeka, KS

This is the worst company you can get a warranty through. Extremely rude workers and they really do not make an effort to help. I am currently 9 months into a claim and haven’t gotten a response from them in 2 months. I’ve called and can’t reach my case manager and requested the superior ... I have 5-6 messages unanswered on their portal and have called and they said a case manager will call me on 4 straight calls. I have gotten NOTHING from them. Save your money and don’t purchase. Their case manager Kirsten S. is the worst worker ever and is extremely rude!

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Customer Relations Director who will review this matter and handle accordingly.

Daniel Alvares Denver, CO

The listing to my issues and resolve my issues

Davola Sutton Lansdowne, PA

My service was for Refrigerator appliance. Technician contacted me prior to visit to ascertain the problem. I really appreciated the fact that he suggested I text the serial number to him when I offered that I can hardly see the numbers. Called prior to visit which was prompt, pointed out what I could do to keep my appliance in good repair. What a pleasure it was meeting a repair person who did not imply that the repair was my fault.

Belle Bundy Sparks, NV

I hadn't even finished filling out my info on the website when my phone Ramy and it was a representative from Choice Home Warranty.

Bargainchic Columbia, SC

I paid in advance for 3. I have only had them for almost 9 months and recently had to use them for the first time last week. Worst experience of my life! They sent a company to my home to repair the AC. The service tech was quite rude and ended up turning the power off to my unit. He did not mention to me that he had turned the power off. So when I went to my hallway to see what the temperature was in my home, I noticed that the thermostat was off. I immediately called him and he responded that he turned the power off. Why would you do that without telling me? I told him that he will need to return to turn it back on and he informed me that it will have to stay off. At this point, he did not have a date for his return. That night, temperatures dropped into the thirties and I was unable to turn the heat on (which was working properly) for my dogs and my two children. We ended up having to go somewhere else and spend good night. Same thing the next night. They finally called two days later and came out to fix the AC. They left after 20 minutes saying it was completed. I left the unit running and before you knew it, it was over 77 degrees in my home. The AC was not working properly. I had to call the company back and tell them to send someone back to my home to fix it properly. They came back and discovered that they left the wires outside unplugged. Very unprofessional. I called choice to complain and a manager stated that he would put a free service call on my account. When I called back to let them know about my experience with the company they contracted with, the manager who answered my call at that time stated that there was no note on file about a free service call. She stated that if he said that, he did not know take the file. I have absolutely no confidence in anything choicehomewarranty says to me. I am highly disappointed in choice. They have not told me the truth on one call. In addition, they knew that my unit is under warranty and that all parts are free for 10 years. They charged me for a part that they get for free. Now, I have to fight to get my money back for the part and they are telling me they can't send me a receipt. How can you not send me a receipt when I'm covering the charges? I hope that they quickly change their policies or they will not be in business long. They are awful. I would not recommend them to my enemy.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the service provided by our technician. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Vendor Relations, who will review this matter accordingly.

G S Fort Worth, TX

The company is easy to work with. Entering a claim is as easy as going to their website and filling out a claim form.

Jimmie Capps Slidell, LA

I don’t like that I have to appeal every repair. What are we expected to do with a home warranty that doesn’t want to cover anything?

Daniel Ellenwood Midlothian, TX

Fast response in getting an appointment for repair. However waiting a month for a check after a buy out agreement is too long! Customers getting a buy out usually will have to make a new purchase out of their own pocket. I called CHW yesterday to find that the check hasn't even been sent yet after three weeks! It's almost as if you purposely wait the 30 days before mailing the check! This is the second time this happened in the first two claims I had with CHW. This is the 21st century! You take my premiums via direct draft to be on time, But don't seem to care about how fast I get my money!

Robert Wise Terre Haute, IN

The reponse by the warentee company was very prompt to set up the repair to be made. The response by the company to make the repair was also prompt. Every one did what they said they would and the repair was made quickly and professionally. I am very pleased

Maureen Fontanes Wendell, NC

The first technician never showed up. This is not the first claim in which this happened. Unfortunately it is discouraging. The second technician arrived on time and was amazing.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the service provided by the 1st technician. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Vendor Relations.

Julian A Richardson Dallas, TX

Well l guess it was very Satisfactory with TJ repair, very personable and professional.

Alida Idyk Phoenix, AZ

We had a clogged toilet in one bathroom and a horrible smell in the other! Both were resolved in one visit.

MariRocha Fall River, MA

Don't believe in this company. They will only take your money. They can't find technician or vendors that want to deal with them. They'll offer reimbursement but will pay you basically nothing. They'll make money on ponzi scheming customers. Once you figure out the y are scam and decided to cancel because they won't fix and pay nothing. Cancelation fee will be deducted and any small amount they paid you. You basically going to pay on your own and get stress out. Two things you will waste1) money for sure 2) time for dealing with them. Remember Don't believe to pay you more than you paid for less Cancelation fee. They are hoping for no claim for this business. So if that is what you want go ahead and sign up. You will be a fool. I guarantee you.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you did not feel secure with our company. Choice Home Warranty can assure you that you had our policy for all of the right reasons. We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback and concerns to the Director of Customer Relations.

Fields High Point, NC

The first company canceled 30 minutes before their appointment, and I took the day off of work. The second company fixed my leak however choice warranty would not cover the damaged bathroom cabinet which was destroyed by the leak. All the company did was tighten the pipe and put some kind of water repellent tape around it. The replacing the Faucet, but the cabinet is destroyed. Not sure if I’m gonna keep the warranty company if they don’t replace what was damaged because of a leak. Makes no sense, very disappointed and this is our first time using this company.

Thea T. Elkins Park, PA

This company is horrible. We've only had this policy for 2 months and we called to repair our dryer and a sink faucet that broke. Both claims were denied. They said that our dryer was broken before the policy was active so they won't repair it. It wasn't even broken. The dryer still works, it was just louder than normal. The guy they sent out didn't even look at the dryer, he came, took a picture and left. The same with the sink faucet. They said that the faucet handle broke bc of a chemical leak. The faucet handle broke off due to wear and tear. We called to complain and they gave us the run around.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you do not feel secure with our company. Choice Home Warranty can assure you that you have our policy for all of the right reasons. We cover most mechanical failures that happen due to normal wear and tear on the main systems, items and appliances in your home. Choice Home Warranty encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.

phani2706 McKinney, TX

None to say at this moment. Will definitely come back when I use the services.

Liberty Gibbit Worcester, MA

Every time I have needed Choice for a covered service I have had either wait a long time to get someone to come, if they came, they usually didn't come back, and when I would get my own technicians or service people Choice would argue that it was not covered and we would have to go back and forth until they realized that it was covered. In one instance involving my stove, the repair man came and never came back, Choice decided to settle with a check but they gave me less than I could buy a new stove comparable to the one that broke. It seems like everything is an argument with choice. This process should not be so difficult, and there should be access to real repair people. The people who come say that they rarely get approved from Choice. I understand why sometimes because one plumber said he would charge over one thousand dollars for a job that I had fixed for $198 by a plumber that I am related to. The trouble with that was that they would not reimburse me because he did not work for one of the companies who overcharge. This is a dilemma that has to be rememdied.

Racheal kohler Phoenix, AZ

We called stating our garage door was broken and they sent someone out the next day. He got it to work and were happy.

Charlene Galloway Tampa, FL

I had filed a claim for a leaking bathtub faucet on 11/20, they kept telling me that they were waiting for the vendor to submit their invoice after they came and made their assessment. I spoke to the vendor more than 6 times to ask them to submit and they said they had but choice kept saying why never received it. Well I decided to do a 3-way call and come to find out Choice had received it but want the vendor to give a lower bid. Which they had lower twice and choice was not satisfied. I about lost it and told choice I was recording the conversation, which I was. Miraculously they fixed it 48hrs later and I received a $482 water bill because of the lies and lack of consideration for their customer. Just so you know this was the ONLY claim I had filed for the entire year. They are horrible and will no longer trust them.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Customer Relations, who will review this matter accordingly. We regret losing you as a customer.

TexasT Sherman, TX

PLEASE NOTE: Most of the good reviews must be written by employees or people paid to post a positive response. NEVER, EVER, EVER use Choice Home Warranty!!! They are the worst company of any kind of all time. They give you the runaround and their contractors are just as bad. It can take days to get someone to make an appointment. Their contractors are bad and will LIE for CHW so a claim doesn't have to be paid. Appliance Professionals will lie for CHW also. Do NOT get sucked into their false claims and lies. You will NOT get what you paid for. Buyer Beware! If you don't mind being lied to, having to make multiple calls trying to get something done, and your claim not being honored, this is the company for you. They are BAD!!!!

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you do not feel secure with our company. Choice Home Warranty can assure you that you have our policy for all of the right reasons. We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback and concerns to the Director of Customer Relations.

Towanda Morrison Midland, TX

What I like most about choice home warranty is the response time. I submitted two claims and they were both scheduled for appointments within 48-hours. I also like the reimbursement option that is available to customers. There are times when homeowners know better contractors in their area. Thanks for everything!

Debra Westberry Willis, TX

If I could not give one start I wouldn't. This company is a scam. They cover nothing. They send out terrible technicians. Choice sent out an AC technician and he put in the wrong size coil and ruined my unit. Choice would not help with this at all. Please read the small fine print on what Choice covers. They also read from a script when they give you a denial on any coverage. Save your money. Read on Facebook in the group about Choice. Look at what others have gone through.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the service provided by our technician. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Vendor Relations. We regret losing you as a customer.

gray mann Baton Rouge, LA

Choice denied claim for hvac heat because of unknown factors, small print, after 4 years of coverage, my cost was $4500,. All money paid to choice was a scam. Don't use thm

Patricia twente Edwardsville, IL

I've been paying for my warranty for over a year and now had to make my 1st claim when my refrigerator went out 2 weeks ago. The 1st technician showed up and said it needed to be replaced. When I contacted choice home warranty because they never contacted me, they claimed that they did not get the report. I told them that I have a copy of the report, they said they have to have it from the technician. I waited a week and called every day just to be told that they will again contact the technician. Nothing happened so I requested a new technician to move this along. New technician never showed up. Now I'm waiting on my 3rd technician. I've spoke to multiple people at choice home warranty who obviously have no accountability on whether this gets done or not. They do not seem to be worried that I have been without a refrigerator for over 2 weeks. I spoke with a supervisor who very obviously does not care about this problem. As soon as I get my refrigerator fixed I am canceling the service. Worst customer service that I've had to deal with in a long time.

Jeff Charlotte, NC

This company is a nightmare to deal with. I purchased my new home with a home inspection that all items were in good condition, and competed all required maintenance service. This year alone they have denied repair of an exterior light, a ceiling fan, a refrigerator, and a dishwasher. Do yourself a favor and just place what you would have paid them in a savings account and complete the repairs yourself without them.

Len Robert Ashley Somerset, KY

They don't pay for services, or their claims. Didn't pay for A/C repair, water Heater replacement or Dishwasher repair

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. In a recent review of your claims, our records show that we have provided you with a satisfactory resolution, in which we are glad to report that you have accepted.

Clint Jennings Mount Juliet, TN

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They make decisions on assumptions, not facts.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the determination of your claim. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement. We encourage all of our customers to review their coverage. We regret losing you as a customer.

Harry Norris Lakeland, FL

excellent response to my need. Company provided was excellent. Prompt, knowledgeable and very professional.

Marissa Houston, TX

They sent someone out for ac about 10 times over 1 year. There were major issues, and the companies kept telling them it needed to be replaced, and they didn't want to, so instead, they would send a different company hoping it would change. Our ac finally completely gave out in June, since we were "waiting on a part" according to them. The company that had come out told us they had the part, but it was a game with them on if we would break first. We paid to have the "backordered" part put in. We live in Texas, and it was middle of summer. They never reimbursed us. In August, the ac completely locked up, and wouldn't turn on. The ac company said there are no more bandaid options and it has to be replaced. We went without ac for 3 weeks, and they refused to budge. They sent 3 companies out trying to get them to find a fix somewhere, but they all said it had to be replaced. They flat out refused, but acted sympathetic when we called. We had to pay 7k to have our unit replaced. They reimbursed us $500 for the part that they were "waiting on" the whole time. Horrible company, with horrible ethics.

Nancy Warren Morris, IL

Service was quick in finding issue n making repair. Just wish hadn't taken so long to get a man out to look at the appliance.

Nanette Clauson Chicago, IL

There are so many issues with this company I don’t know where to start. Our refrigerator had broken. We were approved for money toward the fridge over 6 months ago. We have not seen the check, upon calling they say they sent it out- recheck the address which is correct and still NO check. 8months ago we had issues with our furnace. After several scheduled and canceled appointments a tech finally shows up and tells us that it can not be worked on and needs a special tech. He does get it running. A few months go by and the same thing but this time no tech shows on several occasions. We are in the winter months with pipes freezing and waiting on the mercy of this company to show up for weeks. We had to make a choice between more ruined home issues and freezing at 76 years old. We contact a company ourselves to look at the furnace who finds that it was leaking dangerous gasses into our home and needed to be replaced. He would not fix it. So more days go by as we wait for the furnace replacement and get contacted by one of their techs. We tell them not to bother showing up because they have been blowing us off for weeks, we were having it replaced. I also contacted Choice and they refused to help us with any of the cost. My husband is a sick retired vet, we are elderly people and being taken advantage of. Do not use this company! They run you around on everything, lie to you about your refund, and refuse to cover costs after blowing you off during the dead of winter with no heat!

Becky Flurry Waxahachie, TX

Customer service Danny did a great job telling us how the policy worked. He made it easy to understand all the dynamics. We will be happy if all interaction is as good as our initial encounter.

C. Floberg Tonganoxie, KS

Customer service personnel are rude, dishonest & do not return phone calls or emails. The company does not take the opinion of paid heating & air professionals & will deny a claim based on their own “knowledge”. We provided all information requested & when we stated we felt we were getting the run around, claim was denied & they stopped all communication. Followed contract for mediation/arbitration & not one response from CHW. Terrible service.

Mindy Miller Roswell, GA

Representatives lied on my policy notes. They ended up canceling my prepaid policy without my approval and refuse to refund me. I have sent emails for months telling them of this error and they refuse to correct the problem. Check out their BBB complaints, over 7,000 at this point. The state of Arizona filed suit against them for fraudulent business practices. More are to come. This is a scam operation.