Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews Choice Home Warranty Logo

Choice Home Warranty

8.7

Barbara Nail Spring, TX

It took 3 weeks for me to get a proposal for Lowes. After accepting the proposal I was told it would be up to 30 days before I received the credit card. If I ordered the appliance today it would be May 22 before Lowes could deliver it. I don't want to order the appliance until the Loews credit card. It looks to me like it's going to take approximately 90 days for me to get a microwave!!! I am not a happy camper.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Customer Relations Director who will review this matter and handle accordingly.

Emmeline C Houston, TX

Quick Response and willing to offer you the best deal!

Ballard Graham Conyers, GA

Technician was in time, evaluated oven problem.

FELICITAS BENAVIDES Laredo, TX

Did my claim online, Prompt service and good technicians

Todd Alles Sr Fort Myers, FL

I have had to use this warranty three times this year and Choice Home Warranty has come through with flying colors each and every time. I had a technician out within 24 hours each claim and the issues were resolved the same day.

Walker Allen, TX

Jury is still out on CHW. My first claim and CHW used an HVAC repair company that is simply a broker for contractors across the state. The HVAC company has a terrible history with clients and horrible reviews posted on BBB (29, 1-stars). But on request by policyholder, CHW found a quality vendor who is honest and does great work.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the service provided by our technician. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Vendor Relations.

Janice Stratton Vincentown, NJ

How could you expect someone to live for more than 30 days without a freezer or refrigerator??? Your policy is unconscionable. I’m stuck with Choice because I paid for YEARS for a policy with a company with ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE. I’ll be adding this everywhere I can online.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Customer Relations, who will review this matter accordingly.

Richard A Bennett Port Arthur, TX

They have taken care of everything from heater,washing machine, and furnace.

Onetha Gilliard Miami, FL

Choice Home Warranty per Jennifer P has a limited cap of $500 per system failure. If my Maytag Washing machine system fails and cannot be repaired it is not replaced with another Maytag. It is replaced with $500 worth of a washer.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the determination of your claim. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement sent to you at purchase. You may find a copy of your policy contract by visiting our account center at www.choicehomewarranty.com.

John Sexton Lebanon, MO

They responded to mo need quickly and the service was completed in a timely manner.

Erin Burks New Orleans, LA

Still not repaired three weeks after initial visit

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide the best customer experience and regret to hear your dissatisfaction. In efforts to assist, our Consumer Advocate will message you directly to further address your concerns.

Roger Campe Conyers, GA

Two out of the first three Technicians they hired had to be replaced. And it takes 3-5 Weeks to get the Repairs completed.

Richard Tubbs Midland, TX

Fast response, excellent communication, service personnel know their stuff.

Martha Kimbrell North Little Rock, AR

Great experience. I called and they got back with me within 10 minutes

Arthur Chumley

Difficult getting contractors in this area

LASHAUN EDWARDS Columbus, OH

Submitting a claim has been very easy & CHW has been very responsive to my claim(s)

jennifer dacus Greer, SC

The customer service is great. Really would like problems solved instead of having to keep paying 65 to have someone come look at it.

Patrick Kline Albuquerque, NM

You team is on top of my problem and happy to help me

Jacalyn ANDERSON-BURNS , WA

YOUR SERVICE SUCKS--3 WEEKS ANBD YOU STILL CONTACT THE ONLY ONE ON THE ISLAND TO REPAIR MY WASHER, BUT YOU FOUND THEM FOR MY DRYER-- AND I AM STILL WATINJG. THEN I ASKED TO FIND MY OWN TECH YOUSAID OLK AND THEN I HOIRED THE SAME ONE YOU HAVE A CONTRACT WITH ANBD YTOU CANCELLED THE APPT AND HERE I AM NO APPT, I HIRED MY OWN AS YOU SAID I COULD BUT YOU CHANGED IT ONLINE TO NOT MATCH OUR VERBAL CONVERSATION (10 OR MORE SO FAR) AND YOU RE CLOSED AT 1 PM HAWAII TIME. YOUR SERVICE SUCKS. I WANT MY WASHER HANDLED THIS WEEK OR I WILL SOCIAL MEDIA COMPLAIN EVERYWHERE ABOUT YOU AND TO BBB

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. In a recent review of your claim, our records show that we have provided you with a satisfactory resolution, in which we are glad to report that you have accepted.

Jo marie freud Englishtown, NJ

I was very pleased with the help I received and signed a 6 year contract. I recommended your company to my sister today

Guillermo Preisser New Braunfels, TX

I'd a very satisfactory experience with the last claim I did thank.s so much.

Azmina Mnick ,

Very informative and received a wonderful plan for my home.

Daniel Ray ,

Very fast service. I submitted my claim Monday afternoon online and the repair was scheduled and completed Tuesday morning.

Daniel Shtern Atlanta, GA

The best on what you do..your repair gentleman are quick and very knowledgeable on what they do..great job!

B A Hooper Mesa, AZ

2 separate claims. Both denied. Policy covers nothing. Current claim was on a dryer repair they claim was not normal wear and tear. Prior was hot water heater but they don't cover the tank. Carefully read the policy.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the determination of your claim. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement. We encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.

Peter Kiproff Cordova, TN

I was disappointed with the settlement. I really believe the washer is repairable. To acquire a washer with similar specifications,(functions) was at least 50% more than offer.

Brian DeVos Boiling Springs, SC

I really like the pricing and coverage I don't like the multiple people calling/emailing after getting a quote We used Choice in the past and purchased a 5 year Plan. Looking forward to having long term coverage.

Judy Thompson Bath, NC

Very prompt for initial repair appointment. Explained everything and informed me what was going on how it needed to be repaired.

Reed Rippin Stewartstown, PA

Quick response to claims. Inconsistency with contractors - some good, some not so good.

Tisha B Atlanta, GA

I like Choice Home Warranty because the process to make a claim is super easy - online form to fill out. The technicians are dispatched fast and they are knowledgeable as well. My garage door went on the fritz and Luke came from Ace Garage Doors of Humble and did an amazing job to repair it in a short amount of time. He was knowledgeable, friendly, and courteous. Choice Home warranty has saved my home multiple times with no issues... thank you for the peace of mind you bring!

Colleen Saint Charles, MO

The technician arrived on time and was very straightforward. I was happy with the service.

Robin Haines Bellevue, KY

It is wrong to make someone wait 30 days to receive compensation to replace a stove. I am diabetic. An e card can be purchased instantly. Where can you buy a new stove for ,338.00, let me know.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback and concerns to the Director of Customer Relations.

Elaine Austin, TX

Fast service, came the very next business day. Have to wait for the part to come in, but that should be only 4 or so days.

Greig Eichhorst Saint Paul, MN

I was disappointed with my current warranty company. Did some research and found Choice Home Warranty. They showed what's included in each plan online, other companies didn't and once I put in my contact info I received a call in less than a minute. Speedy, knowledgeable representative. Gave me significant discounts for being a senior and having served in the military. Looking forward to this relationship so I paid for the service which will start in 30 days

Barbara ,

You are responsive. When I call for service it is scheduled quickly. And, your repair techs are respectful and knowledgeable.

Juan S Denton, TX

This is so far the worst insurance company ever. They say to you by phone something is covered and then when the technicians arrive...is not, so you lose $65. Then they schedule a visit and none shows up......terrible, disgusting company

Ricka Philadelphia, PA

Very helpful and clear and everything!!!

JR K Aberdeen, NC

I called to submit a claim and the customer service rep was very helpful .

Ken Woodrow Scottsdale, AZ

My experience with CHW Service personnel has been mixed. The first service person (Tobe) missed his appointment and did not call. When we finally connected, he was unable to repair the ice maker (although he said he did). He disguised a leak by putting a small ashtray inside the unit to catch dripping water. I had spent an hour mopping the floor behind the bar before he arrived. After Tobe left, I checked for any water on the floor and found none. The next morning there was water again covering the entire floor behind the bar. In other words, the ashtray had filled up and overflowed that night. He never forwarded his repair findings to CHW. This situation required exception management steps. At the time additional service personnel in my area were not available to CHW and I had to manage the repair. The unit is now functioning normally and the floor is completely dry. I have reported the facts to the service team, and am waiting to see if CHW will cover the invoice for the repair. My second experience involving a dishwasher repair was excellent. Sam showed up on time, and the unit is now functioning normally. I appreciated his punctuality and efficiency. I sense CHW cares about quality and invites feedback on performance. I will wait to see how the next service visit goes before forming a final opinion about recommending the service to anyone else.

Shpetim Shala Houston, TX

My experience with you guys is so bad, not bad but horrible...its a system that you have in place, this is how it goes; 1.Deductible 2.Not approved. 3.Call again. 4.Will send someone else. 5.New deductible because .....always some procedures. 6.Call again. 7.Now case manager needs to review. 8.Call again. 9.Everytime case is escalated you help...funny how you guys do us (customers) favors by sending someone else, or by waiving the second deductible even though your servis guy didn't show up/followup with 'your costumer' for 30 day's, neither you guys followed up! 10.AC goes off in the middle of summer and you guys find some company that 'can't" come for 10 days because they are busy. 11.Me as a costumer gotta do your job, find available company that comes earlier and fixes it. 12.Call again, you guessed it not approved because ....some procedure 13.Call again, now we know the process...escalate the ticket, some other guy does you a favor (in this case only 30%)...funny system. - List goes probably to 50 but I have no time! Nothing personal, just your way of operating is wrong!!

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience therefore, we appreciate your feedback. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement sent to you at purchase. You may find a copy of your policy contract by visiting our account center at www.choicehomewarranty.com.

Audrey Dalton Canton, OH

Very pleased. Got payment in a reasonable time. Everyone was professional and pleasant to deal with.

Mike Nelson Wichita, KS

Very good service bringing repair person out. The repair person was competent and professional. Disappointed with offer to replace my dishwasher with just wholesale cost and not include installation. Appeal process was basically take it or leave it. Called another rep and they were able to get closer to replacement cost of lower end model, but no money for installation. I used to have AHS for home warranty and it was much better dealing with them on replacing an appliance.

Al Hoekstra Franklin, TN

Waal fixed my lower HVAC unit. It was not an obvious problem, but he properly diagnosed and fixed the issue. I'm very impressed and pleased.

Abdul Elayan Danville, KY

It has been a hit and miss . Had some bad and some good experiences with Choice Home Warranty . I wouldn't recommend it

Patricia Muller ,

Very helpful & professional My order was expected promptly I am very pleased with the service I received

Richard Phoenix, AZ

Just joined Choice today so the only input I have is that it was a smooth transition joining.

wayne Acworth, GA

The sakes rep was very informative and very knowledgeable as well! He gave me many opinions to chose from and helped me chose the best one! Very good rep! Wayne

Kim Whitney Las Vegas, NV

It's always easy to file the claims and the work has always been prompt and done well. This last claim was finished on the same day! We really appreciate that!

Joe Lowery ,

I like the idea of the ease of getting my appliances fixed and not trying to find the cheapest repair shop in my town. This takes the worry away. Nice!!!!

Joseph santiago Port Charlotte, FL

Great rep, very knowledgeable and good phone ethics.