Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews Choice Home Warranty Logo

Choice Home Warranty

8.7

Larry Kleckner Garland, TX

They start processing the request immediately and provide ways to track the status of the request I really dont have anything negative about Choice Home Warranty

Cheryl Schultz Rockwall, TX

CHW responds quickly with quality service people when I request service. The work is done well, in a timely manner, and by courteous and capable repair people. We couldn't be happier.

Anne Annis ,

THE WORST PURCHASE FOR MAINTENANCE I HAVE EVER MADE IN MY LIFE!!!! TOOK OVER 3 MONTHS TO GET SERVICE ON MY DRYER DURING A TIME WHEN MY HEALTH WAS COMPROMISED. DESPITE MY PLEADING FOR MY DRYER TO GET FIXED WITH UNPRECEDENTED CALLS TO CHOICE. I WAS IGNORED TIME AND TIME AGAIN. I WAS TOLD THERE WAS NO SERVICE IN MY AREA!!!! THEN WHY I ASK DID THEY SELL ME A MAINTENANCE CONTRACT IN THE FIRST PLACE???!!!! I HAVE NEVER FELT SO SCAMMED AND VIOLATED IN MY LIFE!!!!! THIS WAS AN UNBELIEVABLY STRESSFUL AND UNPLEASANT EXPERIENCE TO DEAL WITH AT A TIME WHEN I WAS ALREADY STRESSED DUE TO HEALTH ISSUES. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED SO UNKINDLY! I ALSO SHOULD HAVE BEEN CREDITED FOR 3 MONTHS OFF OF MY CONTRACT, THAT I PAID FOR A SERVICE THAT I NEVER RECEIVED!!!! THAT REQUEST WAS ALSO DISREGARDED AND IGNORED. I HONESTLY DO NOT KNOW HOW THESE PEOPLE THAT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY SLEEP AT NIGHT!! TIME AND TIME AGAIN I ASKED THEM TO CALL SEARS AND SCHEDULE MY SERVICE WITH THEM!! THEY NEVER DID!!! I KNOW, BECAUSE I CALLED SEARS ON MY OWN, AND WAS TOLD THEY HAD AVAILABILITY, HOWEVER, THEY NEVER WERE CONTACTED OR HEARD FROM CHOICE! LUDICROUS!!! 3 MONTHS TO WAIT FOR A SERVICE CALL IS NOT ONLY UNACCEPTABLE BUT INHUMANE!!! NO ONE DESERVES TO BE TREATED THAT WAY—NO ONE!!! PLEASE NOTE: THE SERVICE THAT I RECEIVED FROM SEARS WAS EXCELLENT. NONE OF THIS WAS THEIR FAULT! CHOICE NEVER CONTACTED THEM!!!!

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Customer Relations Director who will review this matter and handle accordingly.

Mar. 31st, 2021

Debra Reeves Lithonia, GA

I am very much not satisfied with the agent, Ronald L., that I dealt. He was rushy and we made an agreement with my payment in which he didn't honor. He charged my account for an amount not agreed upon and will not return my calls. I'm cancelling the service and disputing the charges!!!!!

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the sales experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Director of Sales. In a recent review of your policy, our records show that we have provided you with a satisfactory resolution, in which we are glad to report that you have accepted.

Rick Smith Urbandale, IA

Gabriel c. was excellent in getting me my home warranty. Very professional and knowledgable. Gave the best customer service I have had in a long time.👍

Deborah FrenchLovejoy Pahrump, NV

Replacing my microwave and sending me a check for $191.00, and then letting me know that it will arrive in the next 30 days let me know that I will not renew with you after the years that I have not had only 2 claims. Who can buy a comparable over the range microwave for that amount of money? Also, I have not heard regarding my other claim for the dryer and it appears that no one is trying to look into it to complete the claim. The amazing word down in the lower right hand corner is not put on by myself. Far from amazing.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you do not feel secure with our company. Choice Home Warranty can assure you that you have our policy for all of the right reasons. We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback and concerns to the Director of Customer Relations.

Mcloud Gainesville, VA

You sent out global appliances. He was excellent. The problem was repaired. Wonderful and polite. Gave me great information. But you sent out a dryer applianceh man who told me I had a problem that guy cost me $65 for something I already knew. Sending out people to tell me I have a problem does not help me.now I am not happy with you

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the service provided by our technician. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Vendor Relations.

Tom Berman Fort Lauderdale, FL

The scheduled appointed was between 11 am and 3am, which according to Choice contract was 48 hours after initial call. The repair man arrived at approximately 5pm, after 3 calls to the company. The plumbing company never called during the day saying our repair man was running late. The repairs were done, however payment of $85.00 was required prior to work, which I fully understand. When I gave the Tech the credit card he called it in, and he said his boss required a 3.5% service fee to cover the cost of the card. I said I would not pay and I will cancel Choice. Finally the plumbing company did the work for $85.00.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the service provided by our technician. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Vendor Relations, who will review this matter accordingly.

Laurie Sellner Winchester, VA

Some claims go off without a hitch and others are from hell. This one was good but was only a ceiling fan.

Big Jen ,

The tech sent out was knowledgeable and honest. I appreciated his honesty as I had been lied to twice before by independent companies.

Joan K Wodstrchill Pekin, IL

Choice warranty increased my monthly payment without warning..increased my technician fee without warning. I was led to believe in beginning, as long as I used your recommended technician you would pay for their recommendation to either repair or replace said item, again not true. Your company is nothing but scam, ripoff. Will make sure to descourage others from making same mistake!

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the determination of your claim. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement. We encourage all of our customers to review their coverage. Upon review of your specific claim, the failure that occurred to your unit, is not “Included” in accordance with the terms and conditions of our policy. Although this type of failure wasn’t covered under our policy terms, this is only 1 out of the 15 systems and appliances in which we provide coverage. We regret losing you as a customer.

Carmen Dyer ,

I love Choice Home Warranty! This company has provided excellent service and have always quickly helped to solve my household appliance, plumbing and electrical problems at a fair cost!

Barry Hackensack, NJ

My garbage disposal broke, It couldn't be fixed. It was replaced as promised for just the co-pay. They do what they say, they do it timely and I couldn't ask for more.

Unhappy Potential Customer New York, NY

Customer Service Representative was rude and nasty and hung up on me when I asked to cancel the policy.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Customer Relations Director.

Annette Baltimore, MD

Phil is the best!!! He explains every detail and completely answer ALL questions. The prices are unbelievably great in comparison with other warranty companies.

Montinez Johnson ,

This company tries every attempt to not pay for repairs. We called to have our furnace repaired. The issue was that the ignitor was coming on but the gas wouldn't stay lit. We just had our propane tank filled with 125 gallons. That usually last us three months in the winter. When we reported that the furnace wouldn't stay on to keep our home lit. They sent a contractor out. He was un professional. Showed up at 9pm. It was dark out and he didn't have the upmost respect to shower including his look was like he was on something. The Guy said he found the problem and has to get the part in the morning and will be back by 11am to install. Never showed up at that time. He came again after 9pm the next day and said it was fixed. I arrived home at 10pm. The furnace was doing the same thing. I checked the tank. We was at 75% full at that time. We made a complaint with CHW. They said they are going to sent the same guy to fix it again. We requested not to have him come back out. They insisted that they have to request the same guy to fix what he didn't fix in the first place. He never showed up. Here it is three weeks later. Making it one month without a fixed furnace. They send another contractor out. He shows up on time but submitted that we need a whole new system. even though our system is only two years old. They sent another company. He submitted our regulator needed to be replaced. Due to the one that is on it now is not supplying the right amount of gas pressure to ignite and stay lit. They sent someone else out to see if that is true. So, we now have the fourth person out. His report is the same but with an extra note as to the Gas line was off and that's the reason why we have gas pressure issues. They sent another person out to change the gas regulator. The part he purchased wouldn't fit. He left to get another one and came back in the morning the next day. Later to come back and say that one isn't working either. He couldn't get the screw out to convert it from natural gas to Propane. He told the CHW and they wouldn't pay him for his troubles. Here now we are on month three at this point. From cooking and heating our home from our gas stove. We are now low in our tank. We are at 15% full. CHW sends another contractor out. Not updating him on our past issues with other contractors. They waited for his report. He said we do not have enough gas pressure because our tank is empty and needs to be filled. Funny that the last guy says that after we shared the past contractor 5 attempts. CHW canceled the claim request and denied our repair order. I am not going to renew with them. Do NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THEM. They make you pay for a whole year NON REFUNDABLE even when they are NON RELIABLE.

James B.. Reed Fort Worth, TX

Choice Home warranty has never fail to help me with my request. I have ask for there help 5 times, And not one time did Choice Home Warranty hesitate . Thank you CHW.

LaShawne Carter Gwynn Oak, MD

I had an issue with a technician that came to the house and broke my appliance and the warranty companies offered no help or any kind of compromise. I had to find another technician to replace what was damaged

John Sackey District Heights, MD

Always on point when I have a break down

Julie T Atlanta, GA

Very easy to file claim online; great contractors! I have used them twice already.

Lenora Polk

I was satisfied with the repair of my dryer

Deb Spencet Summerville, SC

Everything went exceptionally well from my first contact to job completed.

Shawanda Decatur, GA

I had a claim that never got done for my ice maker. So it’s like I paid the fee for nothing. Now the fridge and freezer have completely stopped working and they scheduled someone 5 days out. I’ve lost hundreds of dollars in food and after the person finally comes and I have to pay another fee, I have to wait for an answer and a repair again! Meanwhile, I have spend extra money on feeding my household with takeout.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Customer Relations, who will review this matter accordingly.

Kimberly Hawkins Union City, GA

The experience with the company has been good and they schedule the claims quickly.

William Fraley Ft Mitchell, KY

Off the wall contractors no reliable contractors

Heidi Martin Clearwater, FL

Quick to respond and quick to complete the issue. Friendly and professional

Anonymous Stone Mountain, GA

Poor communication and have customers waiting for you and paid for the job before completion

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. In efforts to proceed with the enhancement of our quality service, your feedback has been submitted to our Quality Assurance Team for review.

C. Riley Upper Marlboro, MD

They do not really cover what they claim they will and don’t hold techs accountable for non-performance.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with our policy. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement sent to you at purchase. Our policy covers mechanical failure due to normal wear and tear. We encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.

Katrina Munson Villa Rica, GA

Service was great! I didn’t know what to expect because my experience with services other companies would send out were TERRIBLE

Dona Feldhann

Took longer for a service person than expected

C Atlanta, GA

The propensity to deny claim is ridiculous, especially for things the sales team says is covered. The service companies, if they show up, often give subpar service and then CHW then immediately denies the claims. In addition, the months of hoops I've had to jump through to get a settlement check was ridiculous. I've received mortgages easier than this. Oh, lets not even mention that fact that case managers will ignore you completely. I used to love CHW then last year (pre-pandemic) when I had a claim it went down hill. No shows from providers, denials before the tech submits findings, case managers not following up, being told I've spent x amount of dollars which is close to what I paid for the 5 year policy - Uhhh I dont care. This isn't a flexible spending account. I was a strong advocate for choice several of my referrals bought policies. At this point, I'll never refer another person. The customer service has been reprehensible. Almost criminal to be honest.

James Heer

They are quick to respond to your situation, resolution soon follows to the customer's satisfaction.

Carline Hanna Delray Beach, FL

They were pretty good. Need to work on placing people on hold.

Joe Tucson, AZ

They have turned down every claim I had, using the excuse of that the unit was to old and worn out.

Ann Stimac Wichita, KS

I would probably rate them five-star except for sometimes it has taken a while to get some one out to repair

Rene Kuziv Kissimmee, FL

Have always been quick to respond to my requests and items have all been fixed in a timely manner

John M Moore Kingsport, TN

Takes you way too long to find certain technicians

Jennifer Rivers Philadelphia, PA

Fast response to claim and high quality service from the company that they contracted with to complete the repair.

Julia Thiensville, WI

They could find a refrigerator repair person told me to contact my own which I did. For the vet said they did not reimburse me the difference minus the deductible of $65. In addition to that the compressor was shut on my refrigerator so I needed a new one. I took the buyout offer from choice warranty it is been 30 days I am still waiting for a check. I also had issues with my heating system I needed a new thermostat the thermostat I have is digital. They would not replace a thermostat with a digital one only with a dial one. I had requested that I get the money that they would pay for the day I want to be installed so I could use my own HVAC provide

Dana Blocker South Mills, NC

Heat broke down… they reached out to tech and was scheduled the next morning for a service call and tech was at my house less than 24 hours

Nathan Brown Conroe, TX

They suck and I wish I would have chosen a different warranty company. I am telling every realtor I know to recommend their clients NOT use Choice. They are crooks and find every unbelievable reason to not cover a claim!

Jean Marshall Hixson, TN

The most recent contractor for the issues with my HVAC was very good. Appreciate having been provided with knowledgeable and helpful contractors/companies.

Keiya Huguley Atlanta, GA

Had a customer service and issue with a tech and Choice on 2 separate occasions

Anonymous Columbia, SC

They completed the service in a timely manner

Elizabeth Hall Brownsburg, IN

After my garbage disposal went out they had someone here the same day to fix it! They were very friendly and attentive.

Corey Jones Waukegan, IL

Every time we had and issue they were right on top of things

Michael Stricos Las Vegas, NV

1 service call, Went incredibly smooth. No issues so far.

Kathleen Daniels Charlotte, NC

They are always there when I need them. always

Brenda Price Covington, GA

Choice handled my problem very fast. I was very pleased.

Jeffrey E. Zink Naples, FL

I had one good experience and one very bad where they improperly denied coverage for no valid reason.