Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection against the high cost of repairs and replacements of major systems and appliances. The home warranty company strives to offer excellent service technicians, fast and simple solutions for its customers, and value for homeowners' money by reducing out-of-pocket expenses. The home warranty service provider appears to be delivering well on its goal of customer satisfaction, as is evidenced by a large number of positive Choice Home Warranty reviews below. Choice Home Warranty has been in business since 2008 and is one of America's fastest-growing companies, headquartered in Edison, New Jersey.

The Good

• Choice Home Warranty Cost
  • First Month Free
  • Customer Service Open 24/7
  • No Home Inspection Required
  • Knowledgeable, Dedicated Team
  • Real Estate Agent Packages
  • Transferable Service Contract
  • Helpful Website
  • Extensive Coverage

Choice Home Warranty Cost

Choice Home Warranty has an affordable policy that starts at $495 per year or $43.75 per month. The monthly cost is more expensive because Choice Home Warranty charges a $30 surcharge if you opt for a monthly payment rather than a single annual payment.

Choice Home Warranty's average service fee is competitively priced at $60.

First Month Free

Choice Home Warranty offers the first month of service free with the purchase of any of its single-payment and one-year warranty plans. The company also runs frequent promotions that allow homeowners to win new kitchen appliances when they apply for a quote.

Customer Service Open 24/7

Choice Home Warranty provides top-notch customer service by allowing its customers to submit claims either online or by calling a toll-free phone number. The home warranty company's call center is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, giving customers peace of mind and the ability to submit service requests and receive assistance around the clock. The company website also has a simple contact form that is easy to fill out and is sent to them immediately.

No Home Inspection Required

Unlike some home warranty companies, Choice Home Warranty does not require customers to have their home inspected in order to obtain a contract, which enables a more seamless transaction process for those signing up for warranty plans. This also allows customers to save money right off the bat by avoiding the cost of a home inspection.

Knowledgeable, Dedicated Team

With many home warranty companies, the claims process is not very personable, and service requests are assigned to a clerk in a large department. However, customers who choose to purchase a Choice Home Warranty will work with a knowledgeable, dedicated team of two or three representatives that will service their covered home repair needs quickly and efficiently.

In addition to being thoroughly involved in the claim, Choice Home Warranty has representatives that are available to answer any questions that may arise. And anytime delays take place, Choice Home Warranty requires their technicians to immediately provide the customer with an estimated completion date, so the customer is never left out of the loop wondering when the warranty service will be completed.

Real Estate Agent Packages

Choice Home Warranty offers a number of plans and packages specifically geared towards real estate agents. Because home warranties provide a valuable safeguard on the home's covered major systems and appliances, both buyers and sellers will receive peace of mind.

Additionally, including a home warranty with the purchase of a house provides a competitive edge that makes buying and selling homes more enjoyable. Choice Home Warranty also understands the addition of home warranty service has the opportunity to help close a deal, which ultimately has the opportunity to make the seller and the buyer more pleased with the settlement.

Transferable Service Contract

With Choice Home Warranty, coverage begins 30 days after enrollment and continues for 365 days from the start date. However, if a customer can provide proof of prior coverage through another warranty provider showing no lapse of warranty coverage, Choice Home Warranty will start new coverage as soon as the old warranty contract policy ends.

Any warranty contract can be renewed each year and is 100 percent transferable.

Helpful Website

Choice Home Warranty has a very helpful website that makes it easy to navigate the ins and outs of the company and what they have to offer. The service provider has sections on its website to separate potential customer types, such as homeowners, buyers and sellers, real estate pros, and contractors, making it easy for customers to know where to find the information that applies to them specifically.

The website also includes an extensive blog that is consistently updated with information regarding home warranties and related topics. In addition, Choice Home Warranty has a FAQ page that answers common questions, making it easier for customers to find answers without having to dig for them.

Extensive Coverage

Choice Home Warranty offers extensive coverage similar to other top companies in the home warranty industry. Choice Home Warranty offers two coverage packages: the Basic Plan and the Total Plan. The Basic Warranty Plan includes basic home appliances, such as a water heater, a garage door opener, and a built-in dishwasher. The Total Warranty Plan includes all of the appliances in the Basic Plan, as well as more major appliances and systems, such as an air conditioning and a refrigerator.

The complete list of the offered warranty policies and items covered by each package, as well as optional coverage add-ons, are as follows:

Basic Plan: $495 per Year or $43.75 per Month

• Heating system
  • Whirlpool bathtub
  • Garage door opener
  • Electrical system
  • Dishwasher
  • Ceiling fans and exhaust fans
  • Plumbing system

• Whirlpool bathtub
  • Garage door opener
  • Electrical system
  • Dishwasher
  • Ceiling fan and exhaust fan
  • Plumbing system

• Well pump: $100

See if you qualify

The Bad

Claim Denial Cases

Potential customers who have old appliances should note that they may be disappointed on warranty coverage for such items in the future. Covered Choice Warranty claims do not include damage resulting from known or unknown pre-existing conditions, misuse, abuse, or failure to clean and maintain covered systems and appliances.

However, similar to most warranty coverage, Choice Home Warranty's packages will cover the repair or replacement of appliances affected by normal wear and tear. Customers should carefully read the fine print and determine which of their current appliances will be eligible for coverage in the future.

The Bottom Line

Choice Home Warranty is a respected organization with a solid track record. Its warranty policy and service fee are competitively priced compared to other top-rated home warranty companies.

Choice Home Warranty offers multiple package options that each provide extensive coverage, and its knowledgeable and dedicated customer service team is available around the clock to assist with claims and to answer questions.

It is easy to see why the company has received largely positive home warranty reviews. Because the first month is free and no home inspection is required, it's incredibly easy to purchase a Choice Home Warranty and start protecting yourself against the high cost of any unexpected repair or replacement of major appliances and systems.

With affordable monthly prices and a cheaper trade service fee than most, Choice Home Warranty is definitely a solid choice for your home warranty needs.

Check out Choice Home Warranty reviews below to see what real customers have to say about the home warranty provider. Current customer reviews note that warranty claims are resolved in a timely manner, technician service is exceptional, warranty policies are listed at affordable prices, and the customer service department is helpful and courteous.

Call our recommended rep over at Choice Home Warranty below.

3.5

Marvin And Deborah
November 22nd, 2019 Gladstone, OR DETAILS

Response time is very good and customer service is very good.

Tracey
November 22nd, 2019 Peoria, AZ DETAILS

Each time we've call in we always get a reference to policy to know that it is not covered with very little explanation. Recently out refrigerator stopped working and they wouldn't cover it so we had to buy a new one.

Nov 25, 2019

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with our policy. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement sent to you at purchase. Our policy covers mechanical failure due to normal wear and tear. We encourage all of our customers to review their coverage. It may also be found on www.choicehomewarranty.com/user-agreement/.

David
November 22nd, 2019 Emmaus, PA DETAILS

I've had good experiences and some poor experiences. The people have been relatively courteous but they don't sometimes agree with things that should be covered. I feel like they look for reasons not to cover things but I guess they're a business that needs to make a profit. Sometimes they put you on hold too long but are very pleasant when you reach somebody.

Nov 25, 2019

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. In efforts to proceed with the enhancement of our quality service, your feedback has been submitted to our Quality Assurance Team for review.

Kesly
November 22nd, 2019 Hollywood, FL DETAILS

I had one issue and nobody reached out to me so the problem remained because the technician left.

Nov 25, 2019

We regret to hear that you are not satisfied with our service, and we appreciate your feedback. In efforts to provide you with a satisfactory resolution, our Consumer Advocate will contact you directly to further address your concerns.

Jen
November 22nd, 2019 Beech Grove, IN DETAILS

Out of three claims I've had, they've only paid for one and they are really difficult to get a hold for answers or questions. I used my warranty or my dryer and the technician came out and took my dryer apart and left and I called them to come and put it back together and they paid for the parts but I had to pay the technician again to come out to fix it and it ended up costing me well over what it should have.

Marciavee
November 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

You guys are on the ball. You follow up and you get all that is affecting the home. I appreciate when I call, you're going to take care of it and it is going to get done. It is a bang for my buck. I have been very happy with you the first two times I used the warranty, you were absolutely wonderful, though the third time I am still working on getting it straightened out.

Louis
November 22nd, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

It's just reassurance that I have backup plans to finance systems. They're very responsive and follow up alright. They could do better on the quote.

Herb
November 22nd, 2019 Lindenhurst, NY DETAILS

When you call, it takes a long time for someone to answer the phone and for someone to get out and fix things.

Nov 25, 2019

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Customer Relations Director who will review this matter and handle accordingly.

Joyce
November 22nd, 2019 Columbus, GA DETAILS

Thought it would be a good company to cover all of our appliances but when out hot water heater burst, they said the tank was not covered and they did not pay one dime. I am sorry I signed up.

Olukayode
November 22nd, 2019 Washington, DC DETAILS

I thought having choice would be helpful for me to have some sort of protection but I am not quite happy with the services. My AC unit was acting up and they told me it was under coverage and gave me three hundred and fifty dollars to repair it or replace it and it cost me close to three thousand dollars to repair and that was very disappointing. There have been other times when I call them over to fix something and they fix it and two months later I have to call them back. It's not quality work. I wish it were a bit more transparent with the coverage. I'd rather just pay a personal contractor the money by myself and handle it myself.

Nov 25, 2019

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the service provided by our technician. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience. We also regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the determination of your claim. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement sent to you at purchase. We encourage all of our customers to review their coverage. It may also be found on www.choicehomewarranty.com/user-agreement/

Mark
November 22nd, 2019 Jacksonville, AR DETAILS

They're not very friendly or courteous. The supervisor was great and took care of me back I was not happy with the base level customer service. I called about my ac on a Friday and had to wait until Tuesday for a rep to come out and the process was shady. I had to pay all the money upfront for them to reimburse me. They didn't deliver on their promises and I will probably never use them again.

Ryan
November 22nd, 2019 Carmel, IN DETAILS

I haven't had any customer support from them. We needed our garage door fixed and it's not done yet and we needed to have the pluming fixed and it's not done yet either. There is not contact with them.

November 22nd, 2019 Pahrump, NV DETAILS

Generally they find good technicians and though because I live in a small town, quite often they'll pick someone who does not service my area so they have to find somebody else.

M
November 22nd, 2019 Salisbury, NC DETAILS

They took care of everything when the refrigerator quit working but it took a bit long.

Christine
November 22nd, 2019 Des Moines, IA DETAILS

They're really good when I call about something except last time I called about an electoral issue in my garage door and they sent out a garage door person and not an electrical person.

November 22nd, 2019 Eugene, OR DETAILS

The ad was very enticing but it took several phone calls and issues and they ended up not covering the appliances I needed fixed because it was old.

Kelly
November 22nd, 2019 New Castle, DE DETAILS

Reasonable price per year but it takes several times to get an item taken care of. It took close to a week and a half for them to get the right person here for the hot water heater to be taken care of.

Rachel
November 22nd, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Customer service is very good, I was surprised, and they are prompt.

Sojan
November 22nd, 2019 Columbus, GA DETAILS

The response back was immediate but they people they are sending, I don't know if they are qualified because not all the problems are resolves and I had to find somebody from my side to fix the issue and when I called customer service I was on hold for almost ten minutes and they said they would call me back and nobody has.

Nov 20, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide the best customer experience and regret to hear your dissatisfaction. In efforts to assist, our Consumer Advocate will message you directly to further address your concerns. Kind Regards, CHW

Sharon
November 22nd, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Every time I've called, I've gotten answers to questions. They answer right. When my microwave went out they said it would be cheaper to replace it than repair and I get another one that was comparable.

Michelle
November 22nd, 2019 Wilmington, DE DETAILS

I heard about it from a friend and I liked their sales pitch. It is very efficient with sending out people for repairs. My favorite part is the servicemen of the customer service, they are excellent.

Indianalan
November 22nd, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

I just had to use choice and the result was positive though I did think it could have been expedited quicker.

Pat And Pam
November 22nd, 2019 Greenwood, SC DETAILS

They've been good to work with as far as getting things schedules in a timely fashion and the first coming out but the results are not always as good as I would have expected in terms of things actually getting fixed and having things covered under the warranty. I have had some positive experiences with them but on the other hand I've had some very negative experiences.

Nov 25, 2019

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Customer Relations, who will review this matter accordingly.

James
November 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

It did a good job on our refrigerator and our disposal.

Daniel
November 22nd, 2019 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS

I chose choice because of the price and they were very prompt in handling my problems. It's very good, I would recommend.

Nancy
November 22nd, 2019 Garland, TX DETAILS

I called choice because I had a problem with my refrigerator on a Friday and the serviceman was at my house at seven forty five on a Monday morning. He was very efficient and had it complete in about thirty minutes. I was totally satisfied the way they offered the service.

Nasirul
November 22nd, 2019 Silver Spring, MD DETAILS

Every time I call, they'll come and they'll fix it for forty five dollars.

Jaffary
November 22nd, 2019 Bowie, MD DETAILS

Never would I recommend it to anybody. They don't really want to spend money on something major. I had an issue with my air compressor and they came and didn't want to fix it and said it was grass.

Nov 20, 2019

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the determination of your claim. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement sent to you at purchase. We encourage all of our customers to review their coverage. It may also be found on www.choicehomewarranty.com/user-agreement/

November 22nd, 2019 Lake Worth, FL DETAILS

I've used them on several occasions for home issues and they have always been courteous and timely and up front and informative. I've been very happy with their service. I did have a problem with service provider they sent to my home, not them. I was going back and forth with the plumbing company about money and I called choice's service line and he was wonderful.

Ernestine
November 22nd, 2019 Greenville, SC DETAILS

You have to read your contract, if you don't then the burden falls on you to follow protocols. They do give you the information. When I called them, they got somebody right out here.

Gaurang
November 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

My last service was not as good as I expected, that might have been because of the vendor, but it took three weeks to figure what the problem was and the problem was just a five minute problem. If the vendor would have been the right person with the right expertise it could have been fixed in the first visit. I don't completely blame choice and they do make it easy to track.

Nov 20, 2019

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the service provided by our technician. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Vendor Relations.

John And Carol
November 22nd, 2019 Maylene, AL DETAILS

We used to have them in Georgia and then when we bought this house in Alabama we wanted to start using them again because we had such a good experience with them. we have used them twice here and the first time it was great but the second was a little frustrating. It can be a little frustrating because the sink is supposedly not covered under the warranty, which is crazy.

Susan
November 22nd, 2019 Sedgwick, KS DETAILS

They were professional and truthful and they follow through on their visit to complete the job. The show up and their punctual. They don't try to cheat you and their pretty straightforward on their diagnosis and they fix the problem or replace it if it needs to be replaced.

Doug Smith
November 22nd, 2019 Columbia, SC DETAILS

PLEASE choose another company for your home warranty needs. We had two claims denied by this company -- the first was for a leaking water pipe in our garage and the reason Choice denied it was because the leak was caused by the pipe 'migrating' over to a screw in the drywall. The second claim was for the heat pump on our HVAC system; Choice denied this because, after reviewing the pictures their technician provided, it was determined there was a refrigerant leak that was due to corrosion and or rust, and corrosion and rust was not covered. (Not covered, on an item situated on the outside, exposed to the elements. Okay.) This determination was made by Choice, NOT by the technician who performed the inspection -- the technician reported that the leak was caused by everyday wear of the unit. Choice's business model seems to be collecting premiums and not paying claims.

Ronny S Perea
November 22nd, 2019 Rockford, IL DETAILS

The warrenty was nice but I have only received the run around since. After 4 attempts to fix my washer it was decides to replace and it has been stressful since.

Judy Bonsall
November 22nd, 2019 Spout Spring, VA DETAILS

We called around 5 p.m. Tuesday afternoon with a problem with our washing machine. They had a tech scheduled to come out on Wednesday. The machine was not repairable so they offered a buy out. We are very satisfied.

Angie
November 22nd, 2019 Kenner, LA DETAILS

I am totally satisfied with Choice Home Warranty. The company's response was very quick. I will recommend to this company to my family and friends.

Kim
November 22nd, 2019 Jefferson City, MO DETAILS

I realized at 9 pm on a Monday, that my furnace was not working properly. I called Choice Home Warranty. They started a claim. The following morning I received an email and a phone message with the timeframe for the technician to arrive. I was also given the phone number of the technician. The tech called and stated he had a cancellation, could I meet him in 30 minutes. I sincerely hope all the technicians that CHW uses are as courteous and professional as Joe, the tech that fixed my furnace. He stayed to make sure everything was working and discovered my new thermostat was defective .

Teresa L BARKER
November 22nd, 2019 Sugar Land, TX DETAILS

The Technician was punctual and polite. He assessed my problem and fixed it. In and out in less the half an hour.

Matt B
November 22nd, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

Every time I submit a claim it’s a battle to get half of what is needed covered. I have submitted 3 claims in the past 3 years - first two were “not covered” and the third one was an offer to replace the appliance by providing half of the money necessary to purchase a new one. The way they cost control is by denying coverage. Your best bet is to roll the dice with a different home warranty company. It can’t be worse than Choice!

Antonio
November 22nd, 2019 Weslaco, TX DETAILS

Assign repairs within 15 minutes and repair technicians arrived an hour later. Thanks

Karen Kagee
November 22nd, 2019 Muscatine, IA DETAILS

I called today not knowing if I could afford any kind of package. I got a hold of a guy named Rob S. He was so awesome. I told him I wanted to get the plan that covered everything. I also asked if i could take the coverage off of the things I don't have? He said yes and told me the price and I really could afford it. So he asked a few questions and after about a half hour he came up with something i could afford. I tell you he was awesome. If you want to see about getting a plan I highly recommend this company. And they are recommended by AARP. And they are rated the best. Thank you. Choice Home Warranty for working with me. Karen

Dorothy Prescott
November 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

They refused to pay a plumber for a hole in water pipe, said it had rust and corrosion on it. The Plumber told then it didnot have either. Also I have been waiting for a part on My Microwave for over two months. I would not buy from this company again.

Nov 22, 2019

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the determination of your claim. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously. In reviewing the Microwave claim the part that was needed for repair was on back order and the technician did advise you of this. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement sent to you at purchase. We encourage all of our customers to review their coverage. It may also be found on www.choicehomewarranty.com/user-agreement/ Upon review of your specific claim, the failure that occurred to your unit, is not “Included” in accordance with the terms and conditions of our policy. Although this type of failure wasn’t covered under our policy terms, this is only 1 out of the 15 systems and appliances in which we provide coverage. Therefore, if another unit/system/appliance breaks down due to normal wear and tear, please contact us at 1.888.531.5403 and we will be here to place a claim for you or visit www.choicehomewarranty.com where you can place a claim online. CHW

Mike Maher
November 22nd, 2019 Boise, ID DETAILS

1st time I used chw for a garage door problem. I had to pay more than the $60. 2nd time, today I put in a claim this am and have still not heard from a tech. I recd your email re: my claim but no other response.

Mark Mulholland
November 22nd, 2019 Mt. Pleasant, SC DETAILS

Just had my first service call. Am concerned about the extra step in your process (compared to the previous home warranty I had) that requires the initial technician to send in a recommendation for your review, and the resultant delay in getting the problem actually fixed. It was no big deal in this particular instance, but could be a major issue on more of an emergency repair. Could be a game-changer for me... I'm contemplating going back to the other provider.

Joseph Petrilli
November 22nd, 2019 Easley, SC DETAILS

Very well done! Claim submit was very easy. The vendor showed up on time and was knowledgeable.

Susan richardson
November 22nd, 2019 Marana, AZ DETAILS

I started a home warranty service last October and submitted my first claim this week. Who would have thought a warranty covers everything on the water heater except the water heater itself. What a joke. I feel completely taken advantage of and am extremely disappointed. Now I’m looking at a $1200.00 replacement cost after paying a $75.00 service fee that got me absolutely nothing.

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you for your feedback our records show that your unit was repaired. If there are any further issues with your unit please contact 1.888.531.5403 and speak with a claim’s intake specialist.

Jeff
November 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Choice is very quick to commiunicate and provide direction. The contracted vendors aren't always the best at follow up or response but that's on a case by case basis.

J P Landahl
November 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Every time that I have called, I have gotten a very positive responce.

Joey Mathews
November 21st, 2019 DETAILS

fixed my problem on time in a very professional manner.