Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews Choice Home Warranty Logo

Choice Home Warranty

8.7

Nan Gill Goshen, NY

The gentlemen that came to fix our furnace was on time and he knew his stuff! He fixed what was needed quickly and it did the trick. We now have HEAT! Thank you

AnimeIInero cervantes Conroe, TX

They have not finish the job yet , they told me they were going to wait to be approved but they didn’t come back to fix it

Ron Hartman DeLand, FL

Not much any longer ,service technician was the only positive,thus the 1 otherwise it would be 0. My appliance was unable to be repaired,I was given a buyout of 246.00 which wouldn’t pay for a toy appliance. I’ve spoken to Yvette who was as unhelpful as could be regarding my input. I will be looking for a new provider, and will let the 4 clients I referred this past year to do the same.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you do not feel secure with our company. Choice Home Warranty can assure you that you have our policy for all of the right reasons. We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback and concerns to the Director of Customer Relations.

Dianne Riddick Norfolk, VA

My claim was denied for AC repair not understanding why decision was made it is clearly covered under the service contract which Choice Home Warranty decided not to honor very disappointing will not recommend!

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the determination of your claim. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement. We encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.

Crystal Sonnier Houston, TX

Very grateful of the quick response I had from the company to send someone to fix my AC

Richard Fetrow Summerville, SC

The sales lady went over everything she was so informative

Sue Baddar Phoenix, AZ

He was very kind and well explained for the plan

David Simpson Grove, OK

1. The fine print is the killer. When a system breaks they have figured out all of the most likely things to break then disallow coverage for them in the policy. 2. Allowed us $335 at lowes to replace our dryer. The cheapest dryer at Lowes is $599. So we hardly got a replacement. 3. When I was sold the policy i was told it would be noted in my file that i suffer from several illnesses and our service calls for hearing and air conditioning service would be expedited. That just doesn't happen. Outright lie. , 4. There is no one to talk to for service disagreements than the account service person you get on the phone. There is no higher authority to plead your case.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with our policy. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement sent to you at purchase. We encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.

Mama G Metairie, LA

Firstly it took aver a month to get a resolution to my non washing/drying moldy dishwasher. The part was back ordered, they offered me $246 to "repair or replace" the appliance. Where or where could I replace it for $246? after haggling past 2 weeks, I finally decided to move on and accept their offer(not worth my time to con't to dispute). Did so on line and low and behold, I do not get cash or a Visa type debit card, they "WILL" send to me a Lowe's gift card. so not only do I get a paltry amount to "replace" my dishwasher, now I'm obligated to go to lowes, now or in the future?????

Michael Chavalas Nashville, TN

We had a leak 4 weeks into owning our new home, Choice determined that it was a pre-existing problem and did not cover the repair. The water hook ups for the washer were leaking while in use.

Kathy April Elkton, MD

Danny was a gentleman and helped me get the best pricing!

Bill Harris Georgetown, TX

Though it took time to get the technician out, they were thorough and accurate. They fixed the icemaker right away and also pointed out that the water filter housing needs replacing. Awaiting the second visit affect total repair.

Phyllis Greenberg Fort Myers, FL

It’s been good for the most part , sometimes I can’t get a worker over as fast as I need . But you have the opportunity to hire your own in that case

carmen morreale Murphy, NC

explained everything that's covered . very pleased.

Robert Johnson Anna, TX

I'm not really pleased with my experience. Getting the appointment set up for a HVAC Technician went well. But the follow through on approval, parts acquisition and repair is less than adequate, Because CHW orders the replacement parts instead of letting the Technician it is taking much too long to get my system repaired. Yesterday (Mon 3/29/2021) makes it a week since I reported my system outage to CHW. As of today (Tuesday 3/30/2021), there has been no contact about when I might expect the repairs to be scheduled. I'm still not sure when I can expect my system to be repaired. If this had been the dead of winter or the height of summer, I probably would have to moved to a hotel room. So far I have NOT been pleased. A fiend of mine was interested in purchasing a CHW policy, but I'm afraid my experience has had a negative impact on his decision.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Customer Relations.

Leta Lamesa, TX

The salesmen was very polite and very helpful in explaining all the benefits.

Ernest Connor North Augusta, SC

After comparing several different user agreements from other providers, we selected Choice because of the very clear language and user-friendly format. Additionally, our Choice representative was very knowledgeable and very easy to talk to. Always open to questions and providing timely answers without any sales pressure. Definitely recommend Choice Home warranty

Lynne Young ,

The last 2 times I had to have workers come to the house (for a garbage disposal and a stove whose wires were burning the insulation on the back of the range), the techs sent in a report that they found "rust" - and therefore the appliances were not covered. This is a shady company I will not use anymore.

Bert Baker Plano, TX

Never ever fixed the Web portal issue for Salt water pool. Customer service was good. Never covered what broke!

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Customer Relations Director who will review this matter and handle accordingly.

Nancy Perkins Summerfield, FL

I recently had a plumbing problem and contacted Choice to submit a repair request. As it was somewhat of an emergency, I checked back later that day and was told no service company had picked up the order but that I could find my own plumber and submit the invoice for reimbursement. I did and my repair was approved immediately that same day as was the repair. Never received this type of service with a smile. Thanks Choice!

Daniel Denver, CO

My experience was great. Shawn answered the phone, was polite, knowledgeable, and HAPPY. I wasn't receiving this customer service from our previous warranty carrier. Glad to be on board.

fishndude1 Boynton Beach, FL

I requested service for my A/C on Saturday morning. The repair was scheduled quickly for Sunday. The A/C was back up and running in about an hour.

Lee Berger West Dundee, IL

Very enjoyable sales experience. Clearly explained options and discounts.

Fabiola Fiore Millsboro, DE

But my experience with Shauntal was a 5 star. She really found a solution and accommodated my toilet repair. She went above and beyond just sending me the generic decline email without solution options. She solved the repair, even if it’s a bit out of pocket for me. Thank you Shauntal !

Coach Grace Forney, TX

Prompt services on repairs assignments! Provided contractor that could meet the needs of my schedule. Fast and professional Affordable service fee.

Rhonda Complo Monroe, MI

Great company. Customer service is always super polite and helpful. All technicians are also super great - always going the extra mile. Choice Home Warranty is an awesome company.

Mrs.Ailsworth Hernando, MS

I like that choice does provide a peace of mind. I like that they do cover alot on my policy. I dislike the time frame for when a technician can come especially for emergencies. I believe certain issues the consumer should be allowed to find their own tech sooner than 24hrs. Also I absolutely hate that when I have to call the customer service techs have TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE attitudes. As a customer who is already experiencing something with there home it's makes no sense to get negative agents. Now if agent didn't want to work that day or having a bad day they should have just taken off work. I have experience bad customer more than once when I have called Choice Home Warranty. If the agents are like this towards the paying customer I'm sure they are like this towards the vendors. And the vendor(technician) reports to the home to fix the issue. Which in turn they are likely to do a poor job. If the customer service is terrible I'm not likely to refer Choice to anyone.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. In efforts to proceed with the enhancement of our quality service, your feedback has been submitted to our Quality Assurance Team for review.

Brenda Sparkman Urbana, OH

I just signed up for three yrs bacause the price is to good to turn down, plus it's transferable and I got a discount. Richard K. was my intake agent and he was awesome. He was patient, answer all my questions and made me feel secure about my choice. Plus he gave me his direct contact number, now I don't feel like the company took my money and left all alone. I only have it four stars because I haven't used the services yet.

Sarah Lamb Augusta, GA

I was told exactly what I was getting and what is my price. Also the person I talked with (His name is George) was very polite, informative and friendly.

JOE SAVAGE Chapel Hill, TN

An appointment was scheduled today between the hours of 7-11 and as expected no one showed up. When I called the technician to question what happened, I was told that he does not work on Saturdays. When I called Choice Warranty, I was told they would come out on Monday and that they were sorry for the inconvenience it caused me. That is not satisfactory for me because from the first day I signed up with them, I have had nothing but problems, excuses and promises. This is a warning to anyone who even thinks about using Choice Home Warranty, you need to have your head examined. They are NOT worth the cost and the trouble.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. In a recent review of your claim, our records show that the claim has been approved and closed out as resolved.

Susan VanZandt Knoxville, TN

I filed a claim online and received a prompt response. Two days later a tech was at my house and determined my washer needed to be replaced and the next day I received an offer to replace or a Lowes gift card to choose my one. Very happy with the service!

Jonesa Cochran Spring, TX

My air conditioner stopped working... not good in Texas. I texted you, had a repairman the next day, was soon up and running again, and only paid the service charge. The repairman told me I had a good company... I agree.

Mary Richards Peoria, AZ

Great service. I love that they contact a vendor to come out immediately to fix your problem.

Claire Pelletier Kissimmee, FL

I tried to reach the agent that was possessing my claim for 4 days. Left 3 voice-mail and 2 emails and didn't hear back. Very frustrating

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. In a recent review of your claim, our records show that we have provided you with a satisfactory resolution, in which we are glad to report that you have accepted.

Deborah A Durham Collinsville, IL

I like how quick they answer your call and set you up an appointment

Darryl L Carlisle Rex, GA

VERY GOOD DETAILED SALES INFORMATION PERTAINING TO THE PURCHASE CONTRACT, THE ONE TIME OFFER FOR 3YRS IS 👍 AND SAVES YOU EVEN MORE PER MONTH!!!

Carolyn Gordon Channelview, TX

Response to request is almost immediate. Promptly arrive with a call notice of when to Expect them.

Bruce Kruskol Elgin, IL

Professionalism, knowledge, price and value.

Edgar ,

quality work done by technician, courteous and give my thanks to RC plumbing who did the work professionally

Ryan Roth Pittsburgh, PA

Was referred by a friend who said it was an easy process and included everything he needed. Sal was able to take care of me as easy and painless as possible.

Tatiana M Irvington, NJ

Prompt service and easy claim submissions which is great and not time consuming. LOVING IT SO FAR!

Tandra Johnson Charlotte, NC

I’m pleased with the most part, the monthly fee and how creditable their tech are who respond to the job. I know CHW hasn’t paid for big items like my air conditioner and hot water heater, that I had to pay for replacement of both brand new . CHW did give me a few hundred back on hot water heater.

Paola Lopez Tampa, FL

I just paid the policy, and two aggressive salesmen were very rude and disrespectful. Both of them finished the call while I was talking because I didn't want to more for a service that I don't know if it is good or not yet. My first impression is feeble about this company. I think of canceling the policy.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the sales experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Director of Sales who will review this matter and handle accordingly.

Jason Charneco New Port Richey, FL

My experience with Choice Home Warranty has been excellent. Very quick response time when claim is made. Great customer service and partnered with great companies. I wouldn’t switch for the world and me and my wife are planning to be loyal customers years to come.

Karen Gall Springfield, IL

It takes a long time to get through to your company and email is difficult time too.

Crystal Freeman Suffolk, VA

Quick response, great service recommendation for the repairs.

Mendy Krinsky ,

Did not want to pay to fix my A/C unit, denied the claim before the technician even diagnosed the problem. Very disappointed! Can't recommend

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the determination of your claim. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement sent to you at purchase. We encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.

Diane Jackey Freehold, NJ

Our Choice Representative, Andre M., was so helpful and professional. Thank you!!

MARIE DEALING Middleburg, FL

I LOVE CHOICE HW. Service person shows up on day the appmt. and on time. VERY friendly and understanding of the problem. I had 3 problems within a week. Light in the garage and living room, and the microwave. All I could think, oh Lord please not 2 without 3. But it did happen. My water heater sprayed water out of the knob on top. CHOICE HW repaired it all, without complaining or restrictions. THANK YOU CHOICE HW.

William Bowler Springfield, MO

HORRIBLE! HW DOES NOT HONOR THEIR CONTACT!