Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews Choice Home Warranty Logo

Choice Home Warranty

8.6

Calvin Missouri City, TX

Had a pipe break in my house and no one showed up and I had to pay to get my pipe fixed because I had no water for a while weak so I cancelled my warranty.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear about the issues with the service provided by our technician. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Vendor Relations. We regret losing you as a customer.

Mary Jo Richmond Hill, GA

They seem to come out and set appointments and do what they have to. My electrical problem was fixed. So far so good.

Sabrenna Birmingham, AL

It takes too long. I need to use it a lot and it takes longer. It took them about a week to come out for an electrical problem.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. In efforts to proceed with the enhancement of our quality service, your feedback has been submitted to our Quality Assurance Team for review.

James Mentor, OH

It's very difficult to make a claim, especially if you end up with a bad contractor. I had a plumbing leak and they had someone come five days later because they don't have emergency service. When the plumber came, she said we can't fix that and that I needed to call another plumber and I ended up waiting another ten days to get the water mains fixed. I recently had an experience with my furnace that went a lot better.

Martha Derby, KS

Quite satisfied. I am sticking with them because they are great. My furnace quit working and within 4 hours they were here to fix it and it was done.

Shailendra Germantown, MD

We called them because my sink was leaking and the person that came fixed some problem but that wasn't the problem. The next day when I turned on my garbage disposal, my sink was leaking very badly, because he didn't check the right thing. Then, they charged us twice for this same problem when he came to fix it the next day. I'm very unhappy, and I feel cheated because I got charged twice for the same problem that he didn't fix the first time.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the service provided by our technician. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Vendor Relations, who will review this matter accordingly.

Jiangang Missouri City, TX

Everything with the service is okay, I am satisfied with it. I called a technician when my heater wouldn’t start and it was fixed in one day.

Kanchanreddy Alpharetta, GA

Support works diligently and efficiently. The person who fixed the issue was very prompt and careful. He double checked that he took care of all the things. I would recommend going with them.

Curtus Orlando, FL

Choice sent a gentleman that was very knowledgeable about what he was doing. He was also very courteous. He did what needed to be done. They were very efficient.

Benjamin Kenosha, WI

When we purchased our house it was included. We liked it so much we chose to upgrade it. The responses have been top notch. We had an issue with one of the guys doing the work and Choice responded and dispatched someone else to deal with it.

Lloyd Roanoke Rapids, NC

The person who comes out is definitely a professional. He took his time and answered all the questions and was very patient and knowledgeable. Things have been done in a timely fashion.

John Daytona Beach, FL

For the most part they answer the phones right away and get someone to help right away but I have had both good and bad experiences. When we used it for the garage door, the gentleman was very professional and everything was fine.

Sandra Zachary, LA

For what I paid for it has been really good. I’ve had a good experience with them. Only one time did someone not show up that they said would. Normally they are very prompt and knowledgeable.

Leroy Killeen, TX

They always pick small businesses over the well known businesses our area. I am not really an online person but it does seem like you are able to get stuff done faster online versus talking to someone.

Pamela Clearwater, FL

We will continue with Choice Home Warranty forever. They have been great. Just recently we were having issues with our toilet, it was running constantly. We called Choice Home Warranty and the next day the plumber came out and within a half an hour, it was fixed. Everyone who has come to our house has been prompt and pleasant. They have done a great job.

Robert And Robbie Greenwood, IN

It was easy to get support. My garage door opener wouldn't work and they got a technician here within two days so that was good. I like the ninety day guarantee on work quality.

Deborah Indianapolis, IN

Well, I used it only once and that was to have the dishwasher and oven repaired. Their customer support was very polite and helpful. The man that came out to do the repairs was extremely nice--he was very helpful--he helped me pull out and fix the appliances. He did a really great job.

Kathy Kernersville, NC

Choice Home Warranty has good value, good price, and quick service. They are very courteous and usually very responsive. My refrigerator was not cooling so I had to call in a service for that and they responded very well. The technician was professional, did a good job, and was able to resolve my issue.

Lisa Freehold, NJ

I chose Choice Home Warranty because I felt that they gave me a good value for my money. I was very pleased with my last experience. There was no wait time and they were prompt, friendly, and courteous. They answered my call in a timely fasion and fixed my heater within twenty-four hours, so I was very happy about it.

Wendy Wentzville, MO

They are very responsive, quick, and accurate. I had my heating element go out in my water heater and they came out to fix it the next day.

Gary Sica Wimauma, FL

So far, they have been great. They've done everything they said they would do. I've used it three times in the last month and a half. One issue still hasn't been resolved but it's not Choice's problem, it's the air conditioning company. And we had a refrigerator repair and we had a toilet repair.

Loraine Newport News, VA

They come out when you call, they send someone right away, it doesn't take forever, and it was so good that I that I've recommended it to one of my relatives and they have Choice now as well. Also, it's not that expensive. Last time I used it, there was this banging noise--the toilet was acting up--and they came in and and fixed whatever it was in the toilet, it was great, it was quick, and they had the mask on and everything. It was just great.

Terry San Angelo, TX

The service is good, I used it within the last month. I had kitchen stove knobs sticking on and they wouldn't turn off completely, and the guy came out and checked them out. He said what they needed, turned it into Choice Home Warranty, and it was approved that very same day. Of course a snowstorm hit, so he didn't get to come back for a couple of weeks, but it's now been fixed and everybody's happy.

Ray Las Vegas, NV

They are always responsive and they are there when we need them. The price is good.

Elaine West Palm Beach, FL

My experience with Choice Home Warranty is sometimes very negative, sometimes very positive. I had somebody out to fix my refrigerator once and he was so wonderful. I told him I wanted him again for my dryer and he was wonderful. Everybody else in between has not been good. They keep fixing my toilet putting plastic parts in, then in a few months they go out agian, then I have to pay another 60 dollars service fee to have more of the same parts that break and when I could have paid for my own toilet and it would have been less expensive. Their customer service is always pleasant, however, I've had some very bad experiences--not with the customer service--but with with getting competent people out here. For example, I needed to use it today. I called them at 7:30 in the morning. They said that there would be no problem sending a plumber out today and that I would receive a call. I received an automated call telling me that they're going to come March 11, when I do not have a toilet to use. So I called up customer service and I said that isn't acceptable. He said, "well that's who picked it up and if nobody else picked it up before him then that's all that's available." Well, I don't use the warranty company to book something a week in advance when I need help right away or within the next day or two--which they are supposed to provide. However, they did not. Why did they book a week out when I said that it's an emergency and I need service? So what good is a warranty company if they're not going to get somebody out here when I need them. I pay a lot of money and I could get handy man to do this and probably cover the 60 dollars fee that I pay them anyway, so why am I paying for this warranty service? I am going to seriously think of canceling. I've been with them for years and there always seems to be a problem. When there was a problem with with my air conditioner, the man didn't know how to fix it, so I called twice but that was the only company they would give me. They said I paid once and that he has to come out again--well, he didn't know what was the matter with it so why why would I want him again?--so I would have to pay them 60 dollars again to come to send somebody else out. This is not acceptable.

Betty Killeen, TX

Choice Home Warranty has the best value for your money. I needed to use it because the fan went out on my refrigerator and I had a very good experience. They answered the phone right away and I was able to get an appointment with a service tech. The tech came and fixed it and I haven't had a problem since. They were very responsive.

David Azle, TX

Great value, great company. They really care about their customers and they handled my problems very fast. After the big freeze we had in Texas, my heat pump went out, and it turned out to be my thermostat. The tech they sent arrived and within fifteen minutes of looking, knew exactly what was wrong and replaced it. They are a great company--friendly employees and the companies they do business with to send out to their customers are good companies. The techs are great people--nice and friendly. Choice Home Warranty one hundred percent, all the way, A plus!

Olatunde Tinley Park, IL

The price was cheaper than most home warranties and it had good reviews. Choice Home Warranty has been great, they've always been there every time I've needed something. It's very easy to get things done and to get someone to come out. Choice Home Warranty approves most of the claims--I've never had any claim denied. It was very easy to get in touch with somebody before the pandemic, which made it harder to get in touch with somebody, but now it is getting back to normal.

Tanaia Waynesboro, VA

I had to use it a couple weeks ago for an issue with my house not heating up correctly. I set up an appointment and they were able to get good service out.

James Venice, FL

We've used our warranty twice so far. One was a light not working in the freezer or the refrigerator. We were contacted promptly, he came out had to order a part, came back within a week, and got it fixed very promptly. The second was the dishwasher that was not functioning properly. They came out, did some cleaning work on it, and fixed the problem the first time. Their customer service was very prompt, they immediately responded to my concerns, and their people that they have selected contacted me immediately and were timely in their response. So far I've been pleased with them. I've used other home warranty people before and I actually was very pleased with them. The price that Choice came in with was significantly cheaper than who I used previously and so far I've been pleased with their work.

Kenneth Meridian, ID

I just used it this last week, the garbage disposal went out, I called, and the guy came the next day. Choice Home Warranty solves my problems, has the fastest response, and sends out good people.

Lillie Huntington, WV

I like Choice Home Warranty and I recommend them to anyone. The customer service reps and techs they send out are professional, very friendly, and get the job done fast.

John San Antonio, TX

I'm not very happy with Choice Home Warranty. I needed to use my warranty a few weeks ago. It took about three weeks for them to get an approval, and they blamed the technician for not writing down an approval number which is all done electronically. Their customer service is horrible. I won't be renewing with them.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Customer Relations, who will review this matter accordingly.

Howard Scottsdale, AZ

For the most part, I've been very happy. I had a leaking sink and I used the warranty, and they sent a plumber out and he did a good job and stopped the leak. Everytime I request it online, I get a quick response back and then usually I get a call from a contractor the next day and pretty quickly I have the contractor come out, so that's the goal, and everyone's been able to fix all my stuff. There was one incident that I believe I should have gotten coverage, but other than that, the response has been pretty good and I've gotten decent, honest contractors.

Brett Humble, TX

I had an instance on the swimming pool, well, I had a couple items that were deficient when I first called. Because one of the three items I called about was not covered, they just cancelled the entire order. It just got really frustrating. I feel y'all's first response is to cancel jobs and not really listen. At the end of the one-year term, I'd be more inclined to go with someone else than to renew with Choice.

Reply from Choice Home Warranty

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback and concerns to the Director of Customer Relations.

Daphne And Doncell Country Club Hills, IL

I've had excellent experiences with them. It's easy, because of the ease of use with the company, the availability of getting the service, and the quickness of getting someone out here to repair the problem. I used it recently because of an issue with frozen pipes, which was resolved.

Suzanne Lafayette, LA

I like my warranty. It's good to have when you don't have the money to pay expensive bills. The customer service is fast. My heater went out, and it was cold when it went out, so I'm glad I had them. They came out within a day so they do good and fast service.

Elizabeth Katy, TX

I have used my warranty many times and I've always been satisfied. They answer phones and send contractors out in a timely manner. They do good work, and I've never had a problem with them.

Keshia Jackson, MS

It's easy to file a claim. I had to use my warranty for my electrical plug and they quickly scheduled the appointment and the service representative that came out was very knowledgeable and very professional. I chose them for the price.

Donna Bridgeton, MO

The service is great. My furnace wasn't working, so I called Choice. They handled it quite well, and sent somebody out the next day. He was pleasant and he fixed the problem.

Joan Haymarket, VA

They have always answered my calls and come to take care of my problems efficiently. My dryer was broken and I called someone. They came in, ordered the part, came back and changed it, and it's now working.

Richard Fort Worth, TX

We had a problem with the refrigerator. They came back five times and then finally said that well we'll give you money for a new refrigerator, so that was nice.

Barbara Augusta, KS

Last month, I had plumbing backed up. Choice acted quickly and had someone out here the same day to take care of it. I also like the price.

Mark Orem, UT

We've had several claims and all all were handled very well and effectively. Recently our furnace went out in the middle of the winter. We contacted Choice Home Warranty and within three hours we had a technician and furnace was working. It's everything that we could hope for.

Jimmy Chicago, IL

I think homeowners should have warranties like this, because even though I can DIY a lot of stuff, every homeowner should have it because you don't know when something's going to happen. As a matter of fact, the first time I used it, my dryer broke--the motor went out--and I called Choice. They sent the guys out, they fixed it, they answered all my questions, and they left. It was pretty good.

Anonymous Red Oak, TX

I made it known that I had an issue, and the support that I received from Choice Home Warranty was fantastic. No complaints on my part. My heating element went out in my oven. The turnaround was quick. The technician that came out was knowledgeable to what was going on. There was a delay in getting a part in, but the repair has been made and like I said, there's no complaint.

Jeff Lilburn, GA

My AC went out and I had to used Choice Home Warranty to get it repaired. I was handled in a very professional and timely manner. The only issue is that we have had a couple of not-so-professional contractors sent out.

Pete Lexington, SC

It's just a very good experience with Choice Home Warranty. I had one opportunity to call them a couple weeks ago about my dryer and during that call, it was easy to get an assignment done with the contractor. He was here the next day and fixed the dryer at that time. With the other company I was with before, that same item would be five or six day turn-around. I was also able to include my pool in my warranty for a cheaper rate than what I was paying with the previous company for twelve years.

Kim And Clairissa Fort Worth, TX

Just overall excellent service. Very, very, very rapid response to the few times that I've used it. I developed a leak under my kitchen sink and I sent an email, then got a confirmation the next day scheduling what day my appointment was. The contractor showed up on time and got it fixed.

Malik Aledo, TX

My AC went out and they sent out a technician within forty-eight hours, and actually the guy came within twelve hours after I called my warranty. He solved the issues, service was very quick and very fast, and he explained everything.