Best Company Guarantee Choice Home Warranty Logo

Choice Home Warranty

8.9

Michael Sandlin Queen Creek, AZ

It's excellent. I got a quick response, the plumber out to my house and within 5 hours I had the problem fixed It was all well done and done in just a few hours.

M.K. or Anonymous New Orleans, LA

They are the worst company I ever had to deal with. They have trouble finding repair people for my area, so the people that they send are very low caliber and don't know anything. If you have anything that's high end like subzero or bosch, they don't have people that can fix them. I'd say don't get them, don't sign up with them. Their repair people are very incompetent.

Shaukat Mohammad Pearland, TX

So far it has been excellent. I had problems with my fridge, they fixed it. There was leaking water, they fixed it. Whatever they say and advertise has been true. They are doing well.

Abla Hindi Richmond, TX

They are a good company and the service has been good. Every time I use it, they come on time and give a good service. I'd advice everybody to go with them. Their prices are reasonable and their services are very good too.

Krishna Deva Alpharetta, GA

So far so good. I've had to call them during the summer to fix the AC unit. It wasn't working properly, but so far they have been excellent. The only time I had some problems was when my oven light broke. They sent a technician, he came out, looked at it, and said he'd be back to fix it later since he needed a part to repair it. After a month of not hearing back, I called them again and again. Eventually they sent me a new guy who came and did it instantly.

Janardhana Vinta Houston, TX

They are ok but they are not the best. They've charged me for their repair people. I won't be buying their warranty again.

Regina Thomas Baton Rouge, LA

I've had some good experiences the last couple of times I called them. It took them 2 to 3 days to get out here to us. If it's an emergency I can't really wait so I end up calling someone else, which is kind of disappointing. The last time I remember using their service was for my air conditioner. It went out on a Friday afternoon in the middle of the summer, and they couldn't get someone to us until Tuesday. I had to cancel the order that I put in because I couldn't wait for that long. Aside from that whenever we call they work fast and fix things quickly.

Mo Delavary Kennesaw, GA

I mean the warranty is good, but to get service you have to argue with them because they always say they don't cover things. Sometimes it's the wiring on the roof, or broken bricks, or something. But you always have to argue with them to get the job done. It's not very good service.

Anonymous Tarrytown, NY

I chose them because they had a fair pricing, however I think the service is very poor. They always find a reason not to cover a claim. I've had that happen 3 times and each time it always takes the service provider a very long time to one, figure out what is actually wrong, and two, follow up. They always end up finding a reason not to cover my things, so they just give me a small check and I have to replace whole appliances.

Nguyen Jensen Las Vegas, NV

They are very helpful. I recommend everybody use it.

Eric Bodenhausen San Antonio, TX

They are very efficient. Once the call has been made, they are very prompt about getting somebody out to fix the issue. When our AC coil went out, a contractor had been contacted within two days. They came out to the house and replaced the coil quickly.

Andrew Neil Montgomery, TX

I chose them because it was a great value for the period of time they offered. The are very professional. Though one time I needed to use the warranty for a swimming pool pump. They came out to fix it but it didn't go too well.

Norah Tio Cameron, NC

I chose them because the price you paid for the premium offer looked reasonable to me. The customer support has been good, but every time I try and file a claim the companies that they send me never answer. I've never had a claim repaired within 3 days and the people that they send are never that experienced when it comes to fixing things. One example was an issue we had with our air-conditioner. The first time we called, they diagnosed the wrong thing, so the problem persisted. When they eventually diagnosed the actual problem, Home Home Warranty said that they were not paying for it, that it was not covered. On my warranty they never told me they would only cover certain parts of the equipment in the house, they had said they would cover everything! I'd like them to get actual experienced contractors who can fix things and return your calls within reasonable time.

John Mathews Montgomery, TX

So far I've only had one incident where I needed to call them. I needed some electrical work done in my house and it was all good.

Susana Reyes Henderson, NV

The service has been mediocre. I paid extra money for pool coverage, and my first call was about it. They didn't want to cover the plumbing, even though the plumbing was part of the caretaking deal. They tried to convince me it was not but I'm not an idiot. It's all specified and written in the contract, and I know it should've been covered. I'm a lawyer, they can't fool me with these things.

Thomas Hardbarger Belmont, WV

The first couple of free times we used the service were good. I had my garbage disposal and my refrigerator repaired pretty quickly. The only thing is that they have trouble finding someone in the area to send our way, there's not a lot of service people around here. The most difficult thing was trying to get someone to work on my stove.

Rui Tong Wang Sewickley, PA

I don't like them, they're pretty bad. I called them once about my stove because the light and the fan were not working, but they said that wasn't covered. I also asked them about my water tank, which was not working either. They said they did cover that and that they would fix it, but they needed a new part which was $50 and I had to pay for it with my own money. I had to wait another 5-7 days for the part to arrive, they put it in, and the water tank worked...for 2 minutes. Then it shut off again and they refused to fix it afterwards, saying it was in secondary damage or something. In the end I had to pay for the visitation fee, the part that didn't work, and for someone else to actually come and fix it. Worst part is that I signed up for 6 years. I've only used them for a year or so, and I can only get back 200 credit if I try to get my money back. I'm still with them but I'm very unhappy because the most likely thing is that they won't cover anything. It's a total lie, they're very rude, and the rip people off. I'm very sad that I'm stuck with them...

Neena Patel Sugar Land, TX

I have been able to call the 800 number, contact them, and schedule for someone to come out easily. The only negative thing is that the vendors that I have used have tried to sell me more than the service that I'm calling for to get more money out of me.

Christopher Phillips Meridian, ID

They don't cover anything outside of the house. They don't cover ice makers, they don't cover your refrigerator. I once had a faucet that was leaking really badly and they didn't cover it because it was outside the house. They do get the job done but it's barely enough.

Jennifer Reinhardt Scottsdale, AZ

They are horrible. They've declined me service.

Steve Fleischli Labadie, MO

I haven't had too many issues that I needed to call them for. Customer service has been very helpful. It's a very very good service.

Scott And Antoinette Reynolds Henderson, NV

I had a stove repaired but it turned out that they hired someone, a vendor, that did not know what they were doing. I terminated that vendor, secured another one, and that one took care of the problem right away.

Linda Clark Tampa, FL

I was not sure at first, but I had a lot of issues with older things in my house. They've been very quick with most things and most of the times I like the providers they sent. I had a dryer that was 10 years old or so, it had a small problem that they fixed. A bit after another problem came up so I thought they would fix it again, but they just gave me money to replace it. I was surprised because even though it was cheaper to fix it they knew it was not worth it at that point to. I only had an issue with a person they sent because it was hard to deal with them, but other than that I don't really have any complains about them.

William Mattox Crawford, GA

I had a bad experience awhile ago when I had some water leakage. I called them and set it up for the guy to come to my house. I lived in Crawford, and he called saying he'd be in my house in 10 min, that he was in Crawford Ville! I told him that my house was a lot further than that and asked to be sent someone from my city, there's people there that can do it. He said he'd contact the company and they would let me know who would come. I waited a few days and nobody ever contacted me so I got somebody else to fix it. When I finally talked to them they said they would refund me the $100 that it cost, which they did and I appreciate that. However in the meantime my air conditioner broke and I had to contact them all over again.

Anonymous Spring Valley, NY

I can tell you most of the time, the service men that they sent were not very knowledgeable or capable. Sometimes they just did not rebate me the way they were supposed to according to the papers. I do not like their service men and I will not renew my contract with them.

Deepak Gupta Plano, TX

I'm actually looking to change my warranty provider. I tried using it a couple of times but what I needed turned out to be not covered by the warranty.

Geoffrey Robinson Phoenix, AZ

It's worst than terrible, they look for any possible reason to not cover repairs. I've called them multiple times and the biggest issue is that we live in Phoenix, Arizona, and the air conditioning is important to have. We have 2 houses covered, and if the air conditioning goes out it can actually be life threatening. The most recent incident was when a unit failed and it turned out that they didn't cover any of the replacement because of the warranty. There was another one of a very similar nature, and now we will not be using them again. Unfortunately, the deal we purchased was for 5 years...

Stan Panoutsos Banner Elk, NC

My experience has been very positive. Well the first time it wasn't because I had to wait for a couple of weeks. I had an issue with a very expensive refrigerator but they had to rely on a local service company to schedule an appointment. The ice water dispenser broke, the micro-switch went bad and it caused the ice maker in the top door to melt and water was pouring all over my kitchen. It happened at night so I couldn't do anything about it. I called them immediately when I saw it in the morning but they couldn't do anything right away Eventually, they fixed it. The good thing is that if I'm not happy with a particular case they waive the service fee. They did that for my fridge because it took so long to get fixed. I highly recommend them, they're a good and I've never had a problem getting true to life customer support anytime I need anything. I've used my warranty four different times in the last six months so I'm very satisfied. They do whatever they can to make sure that the customer is happy.

David Allen Enloe Melbourne, FL

I had this drain problem and all I had to do was call them. They send a plumber, he came out here, fixed the problem, and I had no more issues. They're good people to deal with.

Eva Butler-Hill & Gerry Hill Williamston, NC

Sometimes I am pleased but sometimes I am not. I used my warranty on my stove. When they gave it out to me they said it would be in the 700 plus range but at first they only gave me $200. In the end I was able to get $350 but there was no way I could buy another stove with that. Sometimes when I was supposed to get people to come in for work I've had to call 2-3 times for them to come.

Sarita R. Mabry-Kelly Suitland, MD

I have 3 homes and I appreciate that they give me a discount for that. In fact I was able to negotiate with them and get a better price for having multiple properties. Customer support is really quick and I can make claims online. It is quick to make sure everything was set up and they will also follow up to make sure that their contractors show up. The contractors themselves come when they say they will and take care of things in a timely manner. I paid the call up fee, gave the check to my tenant to pay, and got no negative feedback there. They meet my needs for the properties I own.

Osiko Tekpetey Bordentown, NJ

I wasn't very happy with the service. I called in and reported an issue with my dishwasher and it took more than a month for it to get fixed. The contractor they assigned to me sometimes wasn't responsive and I kept having to call them to follow up. I had a different experience with my prior warranty service and so I expected the process to be smoother. The claim was resolved but it took a really long time and I wasn't happy about that.

Athena Warner Tempe, AZ

It doesn't seem like it covers too much. My tenant once called me because the air conditioner was dripping water. When I called them they said '''Oh we're not covering that'' I said '''What? What do you mean, it's dripping water inside and something is clogged or bad.'' They just said that it was considered maintenance and they don't cover that. Ten times out of five is not covered. One day the technician even went to the tenant and asked them to pay the fee.

Robin And Mary Reed Lake Havasu City, AZ

It's cheaper than the other service we were with and so far it's been okay. You call them, they give you a contact and then you call that person anytime to tell them to fix whatever you need to fix. My garbage disposal broke one time and they did just that. They came out the very same day and replaced it. I gave them a check for 45 dollars and that was it. With the other service it was 75 dollars. Everything was great.

Roddy Hughes Midland, TX

I had one claim with my refrigerator and they took care of it. Everything went as planned.

5 years ago Edited September 14, 2021

Sandra Jones Orange Park, FL

I've had to use the warranty several times, one was the dryer and the other one was the air conditioner. They couldn't find anybody to work on my appliances so I had to get my own person. They ended up reimbursing me for that but you know it was a lot of trouble They're kinda useless.

Betty Szczepanski Killeen, TX

It's adequate for the price.

Allan Abeleda Lincroft, NJ

It's the more cost effective way of doing repairs for the house. They've been helpful and it's very convenient, you just make a phone call and then they call you back to give you your assigned technician for the repairs. We had a leaky toilet, made a phone call, got a ticket number, and then they told me who it was that I needed to call to schedule a time. They were able to accommodate us and get it done.

Sherry Baggott Rincon, GA

We are not very happy with them. We've had a couple times when we tried to use their service, one for the air-conditioning, I think the microwave too. But they are too restrictive on what's covered and what's not covered.

Ernesto Quesea Buckeye, AZ

They are reliable and honest. They come here on time and always tell you when they are coming. I've used their service 3-4 times already for my plumbing system, my faucet, my oven, and my garage opener.

Phara Blair Keller, TX

It's very good. I've had to use it several times, one time my kitchen disposal broke and I called them to make a claim. They got me in contact with one of their providers and he came out, exchanged it, and replaced the disposal. It was just a 45 dollars service cost for me and the rest was covered. It was perfect and very easy. I do recommend them.

William Ringler Gibsonia, PA

I switched from the American Home warranty system because they weren't servicing me very well. Choice Home Warranty has been very good and they always get somebody out to help me right away when I need it. I usually get phone calls back within an hour. I've had a great experience. They just gotta keep doing what they're doing and I'll stay with them.

Robert Lundy Tampa, FL

I've used the service twice since I got the program and everything has been fine. The first incident was a poor heater. I had asked initially if that was one of the things that were covered, and they had said it was, but I found afterwards it wasn't covered. They did end up covering a small portion of the cost though. The second situation was a washer and they responded immediately and everything was handled there.

B.S. Belton, TX

I had it before in 2004 till about 2006. I switched services but decided to switch back to Choice Home Warranty because they are a lot better and they work to resolve your issues. It doesn't matter which technician they call. Customer support is very good, I never had issues with them. Every time I called they take down my claim and they contact me again later through an email with the individual assigned to the case. They also let me now when I should get a call from them or if I should call them myself. They have been great and I've never had any problem with them.

Mark Bonds China Spring, TX

They are good. The turn around time to get people to come out to the house is a bit long because we live in Lake Alan. They're sending everybody from Dalton Temple and Queen which is quite a few kilometers away. We recently had to use it for a leaking shower and they came out and had somebody fix it.

Parvez Khan Germantown, TN

Once I called them in and they were able to text me quickly, letting me know that they would be there once the order has been created and assigned to a local technician. They even gave me the name and phone number of the local technician to contact them and they are excellent people. Their customer service is great and they explained everything that needed to be done. Even if they are not able to get it done in the same day, they will callback and let me know what they intend to do in getting the parts and prepare them.

Barry Hall Savannah, GA

Everything I had with customer support was good. I contacted them and they came out, they were respectable and the service repair and staff did everything well.

Cathleen Mcshane Delray Beach, FL

It seemed to have good reviews but I found out they were false. I had a clamp sewer line and Choice Home warranty did nothing about it, I had to pay for it out of pocket. Don't use them.

Rhonda Peacock Powder Springs, GA

So far they haven't lived up to anything that they promised on the contract. My air-conditioner unit went out and they lied about what the technician said was wrong wit it. They do not cover anything they said they covered.

Paul Yerys Voorhees Township, NJ

I chose them because of their price and coverage. I've had a couple of appliances go bad and they responded immediately and fixed it. We're very happy about that. One time we had a stove fail, we called them and within 48 hours we had somebody there fixing it.