Freedom Debt Relief verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

9.3

Call Now

Freedom Debt Relief, a subsidiary of Freedom Financial Network, has resolved over $4 billion in debt since their founding in 2002. The company has considerable industry experience and high customer satisfaction ratings. With all the major industry accreditations, Freedom Debt Relief is a great option for many consumers. They offer multiple debt services and are available in 33 states. However, they may have potentially higher prices than other companies in the industry.

The Good

• Excellent Services
  • Experience and Accreditations
  • Great Reviews
  • Online Dashboard

Excellent Services

Freedom Debt Relief has several great advantages including:

• Minimum of $7.5k in debt to begin settlement
  • Average cost is 21.5 percent of total debt
  • One representative to work with

Freedom Debt Relief offers a free consultation when a consumer decides to enlist the company's services. One debt consultant will remain with the client throughout the entire settlement process. If consumers are not satisfied with FDR, the company offers a money-back guarantee.

Experience and Accreditations

Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) has over 14 years of experience in the debt settlement industry. With their level of experience, they know that one of the most important things they can offer consumers is industry accreditations. In fact, according to multiple surveys we conducted, people value national accreditations, in their debt company, above all other features. FDR is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA.

Great Reviews

Most Freedom Debt Relief customer reviews are positive. They commend FDR for having good customer service, explaining the settlement process, and keeping them updated on where they are at in the settlement process.

Online Dashboard

One feature that sets FDR apart from the rest is a unique and intuitive online dashboard to track clients' pace throughout the program. This helps people to actually see their progress while settling their debts.

The Bad

• Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)
  • Limited Availability
  • Complaints

Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)

One concern with Freedom Debt Relief is their price. Users are charged an average of 20 percent of their total debt to use FDR. While this number is in line with their competitors, it is only an average. Customers could end up paying more than this to use FDR.

Limited Availability

Freedom Debt Relief offers services in only 33 states. Additionally, the company requires a minimum debt amount of $7.5k.

Complaints

While most of the reviews for FDR are positive, there are still several people who have complaints about Freedom Debt Relief. The three main complaints clients seem to have include the following:

• It takes too long to settle debts
  • FDR charges too much for their services, sometimes costing consumers 25 percent of their total enrolled debt
  • People have trouble navigating and logging into FDR's website

The Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief offers several outstanding features for anyone looking to settle their debts: all major industry accreditations, industry experience, thoughtful debt consultants, and more. However, because their price of 20 percent of debt is an average, clients could end up paying more. We recommend using Freedom Debt Relief if you receive a low enough quote from them, and they are available in your state.

Call our recommended rep over at Freedom Debt Relief below.

Denise Barnett

January 22nd, 2018 Bay Minette, AL

It's such a relief to have trust in a company to help you. And they actually follow through with it. And even better when they personally text and email you that one credit card has been resolved. I feel very blessed. Thank you so much.

Ernest Weizenegger

January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

been outstanding help taking care of my debt pretty quickly and recieving alot less calls on any debt in this program

Lisa

January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

Because my debt is getting paid off, and Less stress on me.

January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

Because I think they are doing a great job, and I appreciate that they are there to help you when i need it.

Deb

January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

I have no complaints, always helpful and will answer your questions.

Alice L Hall

January 22nd, 2018 Arlington, TX DETAILS

I just started my program in October. From the beginning they have explained any questions I had in a quick manner. They have already reached an agreement with one of the creditors.

katie snyder

January 22nd, 2018 Clinton Township, MI DETAILS

So far it's good but haven't got anything paid because I just started the program so I'm only one month in.

Mark

January 22nd, 2018 Palm Coast, FL DETAILS

Always available, always willing to give updated. A very positive experience!

Andrea Lee Crouch

January 22nd, 2018 Fort Smith, AR

Just tried to talk to them and the guy wouldn't answer any questions and hung up on me. What the heck kind of business is that. I'm appalled.

Antoinette Hodge

January 22nd, 2018 Upper Marlboro, MD

My experience with FDR has been out of this world. I can't explain how they are helping me to reach my financial freedom. They are professional, they go above and beyond to assist you with any questions you may have. I can admit I was a little skeptical at first but they gave me a piece of mind and assured me that I was doing the right thing. I inquired about the program at the end of October, I was set up by the first week in November. I had my first settlement offer mid December and my settlement was about 60% less of the balance I enrolled in the program with. I would highly recommend FDR to anyone to assist with becoming debit free!!!!

Eden

January 22nd, 2018 Beltsville, MD

So far so good, recently signed up with FDR and the experience with signing up was pretty smooth. The reps. provided me with all the information needed and answered all my questions. I haven't started the negotiation process yet, but am looking forward to paying them off and rebuilding my credit.

Julie

January 21st, 2018 Lincoln, NE DETAILS

So far I have had a great experience. The customer service at Freedom Debt Relief is awesome and the whole process is pretty simple. I have six items they are working on and my first settlement has happened already. I am looking forward to my outstanding items all being paid off in 2021!

ARMANDO VILLA

January 21st, 2018 DETAILS

I really do not feel to confident about my decision. I have not been in this situation, so my anxiety level is high and this organization has not made me feel any better. Last person I spoke was Etrey Estrada out of California and I have sent him an email, but he has yet to respond...I feel like I was hooked on to the fishing line and now, let's go for a ride. I just need reassurance and I feel uncomfortable due to the fact that I received a brochure from Freedom Debt Relief what to do if I were to be SUED......... THIS IS SCARING... SO THUS, MY NERVOUSNESS..... ANYWAY...... GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME... AND I WILL LEAN ON HIM AND HIS WISDOM..!!!!

Heather

January 21st, 2018 Pittsburgh, PA

I never thought I would see the light at the end of the tunnel With Freedom Debt Relief the answers are right there I've called with a few questions And each time the associate guided me and put my mind at ease I am confident that although it will take time that I will be debt free as lim as I stick to the program

Helen Carlisle

January 20th, 2018 Ruskin, FL DETAILS

I have just started with them but I have high expectations from them. I understand my credit will go lower before it will regain a good one. I am looking forward to that day. Probably be around 4 years.

Robert Goodson

January 20th, 2018 Torrance, CA DETAILS

Great so far, Very soon in my experience. Lots of info available.

Ronald Passmore

January 20th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Freedom Debt Relief provided a painless and financially beneficial solution to my debt problems. They are Professional, and are with you every step of the way, as you and they work to solve your debt issues. Highly recommend them.

Donna

January 20th, 2018 O'Fallon, MO

We are having a problem right now with our creditors calling us non stop wanting payment. I was of the opinion when I entered the address and phone number that was provided to us that our creditors would call that number, however, that is not the case.

Jimmie

January 20th, 2018 Pine Bluff, AR DETAILS

Freedom Debt Relief works hard the moment you place your phone call. They are very informative and helpful to getting you to the next step!

Martha Brown

January 20th, 2018 Felton, DE

They solve all your debt problems and are prompt.

Marguerite Galindo

January 19th, 2018 Pasadena, CA

So far Freedom Debt is doing exactly what they told me . They, so far, gotten three of my credit cards down and are paying the monthly payment. They haven't done anything fishy. These are my first impression. I will be working with them for 4 years.

Billy Snow

January 19th, 2018 Linden, NC DETAILS

Within 3 months I've closed out two accounts and a third one in progress. This was a great relief for me, as I was quite overwhelmed with bills and did not want to do another chapter 7. So this worked out pretty good.

M Burns

January 19th, 2018 Elkader, IA DETAILS

Lauraine is my debt counselor, and let me tell you, she is INCREDIBLE!!! I was so scared that if I didn’t find a solution to my debt that I could lose my home and everything I worked so hard to provide for my children. Lauraine walked me through ever step, reminded me that I would be saving thousands of dollars in the long run and this would give me the opportunity to catch up on other things like mortgage and cars. I received my first settlement last week and I was so excited! I know they will keep coming and I will have this taken care of soon! Thanks Freedom Debt Relief, you are the best decision I have ever made! M. Burns

Dan Bernard

January 19th, 2018 Hollywood, FL DETAILS

Just over a year in, and so far I've seen roughly $8,500 of debt negotiated down from my total. FDR is quick to respond to my questions, and I've never had problem getting someone on the phone. Definitely, I recommend this service to anyone who needs to consolidate their debt!

Mandie Dunham

January 19th, 2018 Marana, AZ DETAILS

All the people at Freedom Debit Relief are very help.

Debbie K

January 19th, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

So easy to work with and get started getting my debt paid off. What a relief not to have everyone calling me wanting their money.

Johnie / Sharon Bunch

January 19th, 2018 Florence, KY DETAILS

*` So far so good. Keeps me informed via email on my status and so forth. When I have needed to call in for info or an explanation it seems who ever I talk to has my info at their fingertips and know the program.

Wilton Nurse

January 19th, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

So far excellence, keep doing what you do it's working.

David Hempel

January 19th, 2018 Berlin, WI DETAILS

Just started but very comfortable about the future with freedom debt relief.

Brenda Ross

January 19th, 2018 Franklin, OH

I had another debt company a few years back and paid them 550. A month for 6 months and they didn't do anything, I was with you for 1 month and already have a debt paid. That is what i call awesome work. Thank you all so much

Franchesca Rodriguez

January 18th, 2018 The Bronx, NY DETAILS

So far freedom debt relief is working great! I really like how in only almost 6 months two of my accounts have already been settled. Their customer service is also great. This review is coming from someone that is skeptical about a lot of programs. Hoping to be debt free soon!

Michelle D. Pennington

January 18th, 2018 Leesburg, VA DETAILS

We have been working with Freedom Debt Relief for almost 2 years and we will be debt free in 3 more years. Thank you Freedom for all your hard work.

carol kimball

January 18th, 2018 Urich, MO DETAILS

is ok i only wish we could settle quicker. i knowi need to send more i just mcant right know

Clarice metcalf

January 18th, 2018 Shreveport, LA DETAILS

I will recommend you all to any one .Good customer service.

Melissa

January 18th, 2018 Commerce City, CO DETAILS

Very helpful in getting my debt under control

Amanda Loggins

January 18th, 2018 Sioux City, IA DETAILS

Great company to work with and they really show they are on your side and ready to help

Nancy Simon

January 18th, 2018 Beachwood, OH

It was a great relief when I talked with a representative from Freedom and I realized there was an resolution to my situation. The process was very easy and the people are very kind. The Dashboard is informative as to where you are in the process. You can call anytime and talk with a representative to answer any questions or concerns.

Teresa M

January 18th, 2018 Lake Worth, FL DETAILS

The pressure is off. I make my payments and freedom takes care of the rest

Greg Powell

January 18th, 2018 Kalamazoo, MI DETAILS

So far everything I was told would happen has happened. I have been treated very well by customer service when I have called to discuss something and have received good information. The payment system is working well and I have completed two payoffs and have three more that are being paid on right now. My savings on these debts has been real good.

Jolene Hunt

January 17th, 2018 Lu Verne, IA

FDR has provided me with relief of mind, the worries when I could pay these bills off and the satisfaction of knowing it was getting done! I have learned to trust them, as I have watched my debt get lower and lower!! It feels so good to have this handled by professionals, rather than trying to do this on my own and only being able to make minimum monthly payments! I would be way behind if I was trying to do this, but instead I feel relief!! They are the best! Thanks so much for helping me with a huge problem I had created myself!!