Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief Logo

Freedom Debt Relief

verified
The minimum debt requirement is $7,500

Freedom Debt Relief, a subsidiary of Freedom Financial Network, has resolved over $10 billion in debt since its founding and has saved clients over $3 billion.

The company has considerable industry experience and high client satisfaction ratings.

With all the major industry accreditations, Freedom Debt Relief is a great option for many consumers. Freedom Debt Relief employs professional debt experts to negotiate and settle debt for those suffering financial hardship.

The company offers multiple debt settlement (involves working with creditors to lower total debt owed) and debt consolidation (involves consolidating all customer debt into single monthly payments) services and is available in 37 states.

On average, Freedom Debt Relief charges 20 percent of your total enrolled debt, which means the cost varies depending on your financial situation. To settle a $20,000 debt, it will cost around $4,000.

View real Freedom Debt Relief reviews below.

The Good

• Excellent Settlement Program and Debt Relief Services
  • Experience and Accreditations
  • Great Freedom Debt Relief Reviews
  • Online Dashboard
  • No Fees Charged Until After Debt is Settled

Excellent Settlement Program and Debt Relief Services

Freedom Debt Relief has several great advantages to its debt settlement services including:

• Minimum of $7,500 in debt to begin debt settlement
  • Costs between 15 and 25 percent of the total unsecured debt
  • One representative to work with

Freedom Debt Relief offers a free consultation with a highly trained debt consultant when a consumer decides to enlist the company's debt settlement services. The same debt settlement consultant will remain with the client throughout the entire debt settlement program while Freedom Debt Relief helps you resolve your debt. If consumers are not satisfied with FDR, the company offers a money-back guarantee.

Experience and Accreditations

As an accredited debt relief company, Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) has over 15 years of experience in the debt settlement industry. It has settled over two million accounts since its founding and regularly settles over 50,000 accounts monthly.

Freedom Debt Relief has years of experience standing between the creditor and the client. Freedom will work to negotiate with every creditor the customer has, in order to secure lower credit card debt (or any type of unsecured debt).

FDR will walk clients through the debt settlement process: first, customers will stop making monthly payments to lenders. Instead, clients will make a monthly payment into a separate account, saving a lump sum for debt negotiation (the minimum payment into this account is different for each company). Freedom will then contact each creditor on the customer's behalf to negotiate a settlement.

Unfortunately, this settlement process will affect your credit score. If you miss any minimum payments on your credit card or other debt, this will decrease your credit score.

However, this process allows you to settle debts, avoid bankruptcy, and become debt-free.

Freedom Debt Relief also understands the importance of proving its ability to negotiate with creditors by maintaining accreditations.

According to multiple surveys we conducted, people value national accreditations, in their debt settlement company, above all other features. FDR is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA.

These accreditations show that Freedom Debt Relief is dedicated to offering high quality debt relief services to their clients.

Great Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Most Freedom Debt reviews are positive. They commend FDR for having good customer service, explaining debt management, and keeping them updated on where they are at in the debt settlement program.

Clients with unsecured debt (credit card debt, personal loans, medical debt, student loan debt) usually find that the company can save a large percentage of money that would otherwise go to their creditors.

Despite the debt settlement program's tendency to negatively affect credit scores, clients with mountains of credit card debt find it extremely helpful for debt reduction.

Online Dashboard

One feature that sets FDR apart from the rest is a unique and intuitive online dashboard to track clients' pace throughout the program. This helps people to actually see their progress while settling their debts. Such resources let customers make informed decisions that will affect their credit scores.

Not many debt settlement companies in the industry offer such helpful tools. These tools help customers keep informed about where they are in the debt resolution process and stay ahead of their lenders and tackle every type of debt (whether it's credit card debt, student loan debt, utility bills, etc.).

No Fees Charged Until After Debt is Settled

As opposed to a debt consolidation company which consolidates all of a customer's debt into one monthly payment, debtors approach Freedom Debt Relief as a last resort in order to escape high amounts of debt.

Because clients come to FDR in order to escape high payments, the company doesn't charge any fees until after debt is settled with creditors. However, most debt relief companies, like National Debt Relief and Pacific Debt, do not have upfront fees.

First, customers will open an account through Freedom Debt Relief into which they will put all of their money that would have gone toward paying their debt (this is the main reason why this program hurts your credit score more than debt consolidation).

Next, FDR will use that account to work with your creditors to find a lower total debt to pay.

Debt settlement companies make money by charging fees on either enrolled debt or saved debt (fees charged to saved debt are more beneficial for customers). Though its services are highly trusted and thorough, its average fees are a bit higher (around 20 percent fees on enrolled debt).

However, FDR’s ability to help clients find an easier road to financial freedom and paying off debt is highly valuable.

The Bad

• Freedom Debt Relief Cost
  • Limited Availability
  • Complaints

Freedom Debt Relief Cost

One concern with Freedom Debt Relief is their price. On average, Freedom Debt Relief charges $4,000 to settle $20,000 in debt (20 percent of total debt). If Freedom Debt Relief cuts your debt in half, you would end up paying $14,000 instead of $20,000.

Users are charged an average of 20 percent of their total debt to use FDR. While this number is in line with their competitors, it is only an average. Customers could end up paying more or less than this to use FDR. FDR’s prices range between 15 and 25 percent. The rates vary depending on the state the client lives in.

Current national debt relief trends indicate that debt settlement companies tend to charge a percentage of enrolled debt as opposed to saved debt. This means that the more total debt you have, the more debt settlement companies will charge you.

Although working with a debt settlement company still saves you from paying thousands of dollars to creditors, it's better to work with companies that charge a percentage of saved debt rather than enrolled debt.

So exactly how much will Freedom Debt Relief cost you? It will cost you around 20 percent of your total enrolled debt, but customers will have to have a consultation to get an accurate estimate. The price is competitive for the industry and is assessed when a successful settlement is reached.

However, Freedom Debt Relief’s services are high quality and make it easier to make your way to being debt-free.

Limited Availability

Freedom Debt Relief offers debt settlement programs in only 37 states. Additionally, the company requires a minimum debt amount of $7,500 (the amount of which is charged fees between 15 and 25 percent). Most debt settlement companies will require a minimum amount of debt in order to ensure payout.

A debt settlement company that charges by saved debt will not run into this problem as much.

An additional limitation is that Freedom Debt Relief is that the company only works with debtors with unsecured debt. This limitation is understandable since no debt settlement company wants to risk losing its client's homes.

Complaints

While most of the Freedom Debt Relief reviews are positive, there are still several people who have complaints about Freedom Debt Relief. The three main complaints clients seem to have are the following:

• Debt settlement takes too long
  • FDR charges too much for their services, sometimes costing consumers up to 25 percent of their total enrolled debt
  • People have trouble navigating and logging into FDR's website

These complaints are fairly common within the debt settlement industry. It’s important for clients to be fully informed about what debt settlement is and how it works. Potential clients should use the free consultation to learn more about the time it takes to reach a settlement and specific price information.

The Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief offers several outstanding features for anyone looking to settle their debts: all major industry accreditations, ample debt settlement and debt consolidation (consolidated monthly payments) experience, thoughtful and experienced debt consultants, negotiation with each creditor, and more. The company's 15 to 25 percent fees are pretty standard in comparison to other debt settlement companies (like National Debt Relief). However, it does have the potential for higher fees.

FDR's debt negotiation experience is worth the money. Freedom Debt Relief customer reviews relate that the company has saved them thousands of dollars by negotiating with their creditors. If you're looking to settle your debt through debt negotiation, we highly recommend using Freedom Debt Relief if you receive a reasonable quote from them during your free consultation.

Wilma
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They're very trustworthy. They're always in touch with me and have worked with me. I haven't even been with the program a year and I've made great progress and settled three out of seven. It has been a big relied for me not having to worry about all the creditors calling me anymore. They're taking care of everything for me. If I had to do it over again I would definitely go with Freedom Debt Relief because they are the best company and I have already recommended them to several people.

Philip
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

I had a problem with my credit card debt and I liked there ads. They keep me informed by sending emails every few days and are always very clear. Customer service answers questions prompt.

Sandra
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

I like it very much. I like the plan they drew up for me and I am very satisfied. I can trust them.

Stephanie
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They always answer calls quickly and they tell you everything you need to know about your account. They give you updates through your email.

Nova
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

Customer support explains things to you and are very polite. They are good people to work with. They keep me updated on a monthly basis online and in person and they do what they say they are going to do. I am glad I signed up.

Valencia
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They are a reputable company. They are outstanding and I am glad I signed up with them.

Vanda
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

I feel good about signing up, I feel like I would never have gotten the credit cards payed off. They negotiated with the companies very quickly and were always available to answer questions and explain things.

Tony
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

Everybody I've talked to was very helpful, considerate, and polite. I signed up to get out of debt and as soon as they could do something, they did it.

Madelynn
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

I was lucky enough to join Freedom Debt relief after the death of my husband because I was overwhelmed with the need for help. The company is pretty good at what they do. It is a good situation that I don't have to file bankruptcy.

Mary
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They are prompt and courteous and answer all my questions. I get emails and phone call and use the dashboard.

Lorn
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

I highly recommend them. Their customer service has knowledge of what they are doing and are very professional. They keep me updated online. I feel very relieved.

S
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

After a lot of research, I found they were the top company, so we decided to go with them. Freedom is a great company, they seem to do what they say they are going to do and in today's tome that is a rarity so I appreciate that. It took a lot of pressure off me after my husband was disabled in an accident and we were down one income. They have negotiated three account and they impact has freed up cash so we can buy groceries and medicine. They are good at keeping in contact with you and letting you know when a debt of resolution needs your approval. They text, email, and use their dashboard to keep in contact.

Zeljko
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

It was a great decision to sign up. They always answered my calls and explained everything well.

Mickie Ann
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

I don't feel like they are over-charging us or anything. I trust them and I am totally satisfied. they answer my questions and are kind. Anytime I call, they more than bend over backwards for you. I have never been disappointed by their customer service at all. They keep track of things are always helping.

Rose
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

Every time they have new information, they emailed me. They let me know what it going on every step of the way. They are more than willing to make sure you understand the procedures. I was tiny bit concerned because it took a while and I hated the feeling of letting the payments get behind but it if going pretty well and I have no complaints.

June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

I am very happy with the company. They are always helpful and I can't wait to have everything paid off. Every time I have called, they have been very helpful. One thing is I wish they would notify any of the debtors that we are clients so they don't think we are trying to renege on them. Other than that they're a great company.

Kristopher
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

I heard about Freedom on the internet and I was struggling with credit card debt after I fell off the roof and broke my arm severely. They worked with me and helped me out. Anytime I had a question, no matter how big or small, they helped me out and were really quick in responding. They were on top of it, they would reply within an hour. I am glad I did it.

Martin
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They really helped me manage how to pay off my credit card. When I had a problem, they helped me resolve it right away. They called me right away to update me on the process.

Michelle
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

Customer service was helpful, courteous, and explained everything. The debt consolidation services have been excellent so far.

Naida
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

The program is easy to understand. They get back to you quickly and are very clear and timely.

Michele
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

If people are head over heels in debt and don't want to file bankruptcy, this is a wonderful opportunity and it will help in the long run. It seems to be the easiest plan to use, they worked with me on the amount I needed to pay each month and they included legal fees in that totally fee. They are very professional and quick to negotiate on the customer's behalf. Customer support was able to answer all my questions and told me exactly what I needed to do. It was the best decision I made.

Staci
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They are a good company, I trust them. They work for me. They are easy to work with and they seem to know what they are doing. They are quick to my questions and problems.

Maurice
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They communicate through the client dashboard. I think it takes too long before I get a settlement, it takes seven months.

Melissa
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

I'm very relieved that they helped us a lot financially. They need to consolidate all of our credit cards and it was easy, convenient, and one small payment. I've had many debts resolved for a small price. Every question I've ever had has been answered easily in a way I can understand. It has just been great.

June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They're trying their best to do what they can to get my credit back on track. They are really helpful and explain things well.

Nathan
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They can really help out and they do as they advertise. I had some serious problems and they were very diligent and on top of everything. The operation is very professional and they connect the clients right away. They are knowledgeable and can answer questions. I am very comfortable with what they have done for me over the past year and a half.

Tammy
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

I happy I made the decision to sign up, it is the best decision I've ever made. I was in hardship and they explained their program to me in a way that I understood and every question since had always been answered. I already have one debt paid off.

Temple
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

I recommend them. I think they are the best company and have really good sister partners who they work with. They are very dedicated and want you to succeed. Every person understands your situation. They don't have long wait times on the phone and they've answered every question.

Reginald
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

It is very positive experience. I don't have any issues with Freedom, they have been helpful and supportive and answer my questions promptly. One time I was running behind and I called them and they make it so I can always make my payments.

June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They're always there to answer my questions and are very helpful. They were very thorough when presenting things to me clearly and they followed through on what they said.

Lashanda
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They get the job done. They're very professional and contact me through email and text. It was a good decision to use Freedom to eliminate debt.

Martin
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

I needed help with my finances. They are very understanding and answer all my questions, which I appreciate very much. I feel confident.

Joyce
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

Customer service answers all my questions and they keep me up to date on what is happening. I am very satisfied.

Joshua
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

At first I was apprehensive but they've kept all their promises and done what they said they were going to do. They're very helpful all the time and I have never had any problems with their customer support. It is affordable and fast and simple to use. The best thing is I did not have to deal with the credit card companies.

Mark
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They seem to be a solid company and are very helpful. They are responsive and answer all my questions and concerns. They delivered on the promises to reduce my debt a significant amount.

Marilyn
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They are a good company, I am happy with them. I am comfortable with my decision to sign up. They've done exactly what they said they were going to do and they've done it well. They've answered every question I've ever had.

Kathleen
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

Everything isn't resolved yet, they are still working on things, and if that all goes okay than it will all be okay. They are really helpful and caring.

Tahina
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

Choosing Freedom is one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. Their customer service has been supportive and answer all my questions. They are very cleat and I don't have to wait for a long period of time when I call. They are faster than I thought they would be and I know they are looking out for me and my family.

Lisa
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

It is affordable for me and the have been able to resolve my debt very quickly. Whenever I have questions or concerns, I speak to them immediately and they are able to answer any of my issues. They are continuously keeping in contact with me.

Travis
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They're a good company, they help me a lot with my bills because I am on disability and was struggling.

June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They're very easy to get in touch with and always answer my questions. What they've told me they would do has worked out that way. I can access my information anytime I want to and they send me a text when then need to talk to me about something. I am happy with the quality of their service, they have been totally trustworthy.

Peggy
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They've been doing such a great job, our debts were so overwhelming and it's getting paid off. They are great and wonderful people and they take care of us. We're looking forward to the date of our graduation on it.

June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

Financially, I was getting into more and more trouble and I saw an article or an email and looked into it. They're really informative and explain every step of the way. When I have a question, I am able to get a hold of a representative immediately, I don't have to wait long to speak to a live person. They were very direct with what to expect. The program is very personal and straight forward.

Steve
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

I am not very happy with them right now because they told me one thing and now are telling me that can't do something for me. They are very nice people to deal with and they've been great but they can't meet one of my needs.

Margaret
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

I am very confident and happy. They have gone out of their way to make sure I was up to date and help me get the best deals. They have managed to get more than fifty percent off my credit cards.

Marty
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

The personal dashboard they provide allows me to go online anytime and look at the progress. Every time I take to them on the phone, they answer all my questions. They have a fee that they take out and they don't break it off in small payments like they do the other payments but other than that I have no problems. They are a good company and they do what they say but I wish the process was faster. The only negative thing is the creditors are still blowing up my phone.

Marie

Richard
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

The customer services on the phone are friendly, courteous, understanding, and sympathetic to me and my stress. They were knowledgeable and walked me through the process. I feel good because I know the results will cleat up the debt and restore my credit score to good standing. It is a simple process and they care of you.

Sandra
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

It takes all the stress off my plate. The people have a lot of expertise and I haven't talked to one person that wasn't helpful. They have a combination of caring and a lot of knowledge. They help me updated on a daily basis. I am totally satisfied.

Ricky
June 25th, 2019 DETAILS

They're very helpful in assisting me with my debt problem. It has been an excellent experience and they do everything they have promised me.