Freedom Debt Relief

15 hours ago

Freedom Debt Relief

verified
The minimum debt requirement is $7.5k

Freedom Debt Relief, a subsidiary of Freedom Financial Network, has resolved over $8 billion in debt since their founding in 2002. The company has considerable industry experience and high customer satisfaction ratings. With all the major industry accreditations, Freedom Debt Relief is a great option for many consumers. They offer multiple debt settlement (involves working with creditors to lower total debt owed) and debt consolidation (involves consolidating all customer debt into single monthly payments) services and are available in 33 states. However, they may have potentially higher prices than other companies in the industry.

The Good

• Excellent Settlement Program and Services
  • Experience and Accreditations
  • Great Reviews
  • Online Dashboard
  • No Fees Charged Until after Debt is Settled

Excellent Settlement Program and Services

Freedom Debt Relief has several great advantages to its debt settlement services including:

• Minimum of $7.5k in debt to begin debt settlement
  • Average cost is 21.5 percent of total unsecured debt
  • One representative to work with

Freedom Debt Relief offers a free consultation with an  when a consumer decides to enlist the company's debt settlement services. One debt settlement consultant will remain with the client throughout the entire debt settlement program. If consumers are not satisfied with FDR, the company offers a money-back guarantee.

Experience and Accreditations

Freedom Debt Relief (FDR), an accredited debt relief company, has over 14 years of experience in the debt settlement industry. With their level of experience, they know that one of the most important things they can offer consumers is industry accreditations. In fact, according to multiple surveys we conducted, people value national accreditations, in their debt settlement company, above all other features. FDR is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA.

Great Reviews

Most Freedom Debt Relief reviews are positive. They commend FDR for having good customer service, explaining debt settlement, and keeping them updated on where they are at in the debt settlement program. Clients with unsecured debt usually find that the company can save a large percentage of money that would otherwise go to their creditors. Despite the debt settlement program's tendency to negatively affect credit scores, customers with mountains of credit card debt find it extremely helpful.

Online Dashboard

One feature that sets FDR apart from the rest is a unique and intuitive online dashboard to track clients' pace throughout the program. This helps people to actually see their progress while settling their debts. Such resources let customers make informed decisions that will affect their credit scores. Not many debt settlement companies in the industry offer such helpful tools. These tools help customers stay ahead of their creditors and tackle every type of debt (whether it's credit card debt, student loan debt, utility bills, etc.).

No Fees Charged Until after Debt is Settled

Debtors approach Freedom Debt Relief as a last resort in order to escape high amounts of debt. Because customers come to FDR in order to escape high payments, the company doesn't charge any fees until after debt is settled with creditors. First, customers will open an account through Freedom Debt Relief into which they will put all of their money that would have gone toward paying their debt (this is the main reason why this program hurts your credit score more than debt consolidation).

Next, FDR will use that account to work with your creditors to find a lower total debt to pay (FDR can cut total debt down to 50 and even 30 percent in some cases). Debt settlement companies make money by charging fees on either enrolled debt or saved debt (fees charged to saved debt are more beneficial for customers). Though its services are highly trusted and thorough, its fees are a bit higher (around 20 percent fees on enrolled debt).

The Bad

• Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)
  • Limited Availability
  • Complaints

Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)

One concern with Freedom Debt Relief is their price. Users are charged an average of 20 percent of their total debt to use FDR. While this number is in line with their competitors, it is only an average. Customers could end up paying more than this to use FDR. Current national debt relief trends indicate that debt settlement companies tend to charge a percentage of enrolled debt as opposed to saved debt. This means that the more total debt you have, the more debt settlement companies will charge you.

For example, if you owe $10,000 and work with a debt settlement company that charges 20 percent of enrolled debt (assuming the debt settlement company can cut your debt in half), you will end up paying creditors $5,000 and will also pay an additional $2,000 to the debt settlement company. Although working with a debt settlement company still saves you from paying $3,000 to creditors, it's better to work with companies that charge a percentage of saved debt rather than enrolled debt.

Limited Availability

Freedom Debt Relief offers debt settlement programs in only 33 states. Additionally, the company requires a minimum debt amount of $7.5k (the amount of which is charged fees of up around 20 percent). Most debt settlement companies will require a minimum amount of debt in order to ensure payout. A debt settlement company that charges by saved debt will not run into this problem as much. An additional limitation is that Freedom Debt Relief is that the company only works with debtors with unsecured debt. This limitation is understandable since no debt settlement company wants to risk losing its client's homes.

Complaints

While most of the Freedom Debt Relief reviews are positive, there are still several people who have complaints about Freedom Debt Relief. The three main complaints clients seem to have include the following:

• Debt settlement takes too long
  • FDR charges too much for their services, sometimes costing consumers 25 percent of their total enrolled debt
  • People have trouble navigating and logging into FDR's website

The Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief offers several outstanding features for anyone looking to settle their debts: all major industry accreditations, ample debt settlement and debt consolidation (consolidated monthly payments) experience, thoughtful and experienced debt consultants, negotiation with creditors, and more. However, because their fees of 20 percent of enrolled debt is an average, clients with unsecured debt could end up paying more to the settlement company (not to creditors). We recommend using Freedom Debt Relief if you receive a low enough quote from them, and they are available in your state.

Marena Berry
April 20th, 2018 Des Moines, IA DETAILS

I went with them because a couple of my friends recommended them. I've gotten great service. They're honest and answer all my questions. I'm satisfied and happy with them.

Linda Shott
April 20th, 2018 Ocala, FL DETAILS

I went to them because they were the best company at the time. Customer service has been great. Practically once a week they contact me to let me know exactly where I'm at with things and what I need to do. They've been great at getting my debt down to where it's manageable. They're a great company, going with them was the best thing I've ever done.

Yesenia Quiroga
April 20th, 2018 Hammond, IN DETAILS

They helped me solve things step by step and did a great job. I got updated don things by emails or texts.

Jody Poling
April 20th, 2018 Niles, OH DETAILS

I didn't have much of a choice at the time. Things got slowed down because the fracking industry just took a dump. Things were going downhill and I just needed some help so I went with them. They're always very friendly and helpful. Anytime I have a question I can just call them and they will handle things quickly and professionally. It's a great company, very professional and very friendly. They really helped me in a time of need.

Arthur Reeves
April 20th, 2018 Crescent City, CA DETAILS

They've been very good. We've been relieved mainly because they got the credit card companies off our backs. They just do a really good job. I hope we never have to do it again, but if we have to, we'll go with them again.

April 20th, 2018 Mankato, MN DETAILS

I went with them because we needed the help. They've made it very easy for me to deal with my debt. I'm always informed and up to date on what's going on with my account. I feel good about going with them, we've been making progress with my debt.

Timothy Ballard
April 20th, 2018 Carrollton, TX DETAILS

I was in too much debt, that's why I went to them. They have always been very helpful and I've never had a problem getting in touch with them. I got all my debt consolidated and I feel great about it all.

Stacee Lewis
April 20th, 2018 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

I needed to get out of debt and they made the whole process very easy. They did all the legwork so I didn't have to. All I had to worry about was making my monthly or weekly payments on time. I always got emails or text messages to confirm if I was ok with any settlement and, if I had any questions, I could just call them. If my creditors called me or sent me anything, I could just let Freedom handle it for me. I it was just an awesome experience. I'm glad I had someone in my corner.

Freedom Debt Relief Logo

Reply from Freedom Debt Relief

[email protected]Feb 27, 2018

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate your comments and look forward to successfully assisting you through the remainder of your debt relief program! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or [email protected] should you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Derreck Price
April 20th, 2018 Shreveport, LA DETAILS

I went to them to alleviate some of the financial strain I was under after changing jobs. Every time I called them with questions they were there with the answers I needed. They would update me through emails and I could always look at their website to check that too. Now I feel relieved.

Russell Cowger
April 20th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

I went to them because I could not pay my credit cards. Everybody has been very helpful. They would send me emails to let me know what was going on and I could also check the website for that. I have paid off quite a few credit cards so far thanks to them. I'm on my way to getting things done.

Rosa Flowers
April 20th, 2018 DETAILS

I needed to get out of debt and they are doing the job for me. I feel good about my decision. They have taken care of everything I asked them to do and keep me up to date on things.

Mitchell Briscoe
April 20th, 2018 Howard, OH DETAILS

To be honest, one of the main reasons I picked it was because of one of their telemarketers. I saw an ad on the internet and then I called them and talked to a telemarketer a number of times before I went in. I wasn't sure at first but once they started knocking down the money that I owed I started feeling much better about it. They always answered my questions and resolved any problem or issue that came up. They could just come up with the right answers and explanations. I would get updates through emails which was the best way to get a hold of me. There was one month where things got real tight for me financially and they let it slide just for that month. I was very thankful for that; they were very nice. I only wish they had been a little clearer on their explanations about fees from the beginning. I didn't know originally that they were going to take 23% of what was paid for their fees. Now that I understand how the program works I guess it's fine. Everything is all said and done, so now I'm just going to live with that. I'm glad I went with them. They're saving me money in the long run. I could've played the deadly game of filing for bankruptcy, but I wasn't just trying to avoid paying. I wanted to figure out a way to survive and they helped me do that.

Ruth Barrow
April 20th, 2018 North East, MD DETAILS

I was overwhelmed at the time so I went Freedom Debt Relief for help. They really did a good job working for me and they did a whole lot. They have a website that I can go to and follow the progress they've made. So I could see for myself everything they had done. Everyone is very kind, conscientious, and very clear when they speak.

Shirley Blackfox
April 20th, 2018 Kansas, OK DETAILS

The interest in my account just kept rising and I was never able to bring my debt down because of that. That's why I went to Freedom Debt. I'm pretty satisfied with them, they are very efficient and knowledgeable.

April 20th, 2018 Prairieville, LA DETAILS

I researched them before going for it and found them to be fairly reputable. That's why I went with them. During the initial sign up and when we were getting started with the process they were very helpful and supportive. They have been very responsive and have answered my questions too. Everything seems to be going well. I'm going to hit my target on time, maybe even a little bit earlier. I'm 100% happy with them.

Stephanie Carpenter
April 20th, 2018 Stem, NC DETAILS

I went with them to alleviate my debt. I've really enjoyed talking with them, they are very nice people. I feel very comfortable with them.

Patricia Eckenrode
April 20th, 2018 Midlothian, VA DETAILS

They have just been really good people to work with and have done everything I expected them to do. They have worked consistently towards resolving my debt in a timely fashion. Whenever I called they were courteous and they promptly responded to any questions that I had. I got emails from them on a regular basis and I could also check my client dashboard to see what was going on. This was probably one of the best decisions that I could've made.

W.F.
April 20th, 2018 Madera, CA DETAILS

They took care of me and answered all the questions I had. They are just very efficient, they eliminated my credit cards. It's just an astonishing company.

Viola Glessner
April 20th, 2018 Waldorf, MD DETAILS

I needed help and they offered me what I needed. I'm very pleased and relieved about going with them. They're always there for me if I have any questions and I always get good advice from them. I'm always kept aware of what's going on through emails. They're a good company, it's well worth to invest in them if you need help.

Esther Newsom
April 20th, 2018 Fountain, CO DETAILS

I went to them to consolidate my debt. I always had to get online and check on things to see if something had been paid off or not. I could also call them, but they never contacted me first. I never got any updates from them or anything.

Lewis Hamlin
April 20th, 2018 Brandon, FL DETAILS

I was with another company that I didn't really like at the time, so I decided to try Freedom. They looked like a good way to get my debt under control and had a better offer. I liked the idea that I could just get a loan from them to pay everything off and then just paying them instead of waiting a long time to make my payments. They came through for me and did what they said they would do. I got my updates mostly through email and, if I wanted to, I could log in to my dashboard and see how they were doing. I feel relieved now that my debt is being taken care of.

Virginia Schutt
April 20th, 2018 Port Saint Lucie, FL DETAILS

At the time we were pretty messed up financially. We were pretty much living on credit cards and had no other money. It was just awful, so I tried to figure out a way out of that. I talked to someone several times about it and she was just very patient and understanding of my situation. In the end, I just decided to go with it. In the beginning it really felt like they were there for me. Before taking an offer from a company, they always asked me first if I wanted to accept it. They would also send me an email ever so often to encourage me to look at my account on their website to see what had been paid off. Later on though, when I had a couple more questions, the only way was could get a hold of them was through email or through their website. That didn't feel very personal to me. When we signed up I also didn't know that the fees were going to be as high as they were. I thought it was going to be like $2500 dollars for everything but for two years in a row I've been paying for a fee per account and I've also had to pay for cancellation of debt things and taxes. I mean, it has been a good thing, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now and that's good. We're happy to not ever have another credit card. But still'

Thomas Brown
April 20th, 2018 Manquin, VA DETAILS

They have been very helpful every time I contacted them. I can check on my account progress on the website that they have but I also get calls from them sometimes. I feel good about going with them, they've been working towards getting me out of debt.

R.I
April 20th, 2018 Euless, TX DETAILS

When they called me I realized they had a really good deal. They sounded very sincere too so I figured I'd try it. Since then I've found out that everything they said was absolutely true. They've done everything, crossed every T and dotted every I. We got great agreements and settlements with them. Everybody has been extremely helpful and always well informed. It was all just excellent.

Michael Humphrey
April 20th, 2018 Knoxville, TN DETAILS

So far they're making a lot or progress. They've done what they said they would do and have been making our credit better. We're very pleased that we went with it.

April 20th, 2018 Lehigh Acres, FL DETAILS

I checked them out beforehand and since they were credible, I went with them. It was a pretty good service. If I wanted to, I could always check the client dashboard to see what progress had been made. Each person that I talked to was willing and ready to answer my questions. If they couldn't answer it themselves, they would refer me to someone else that could. They strive to help me in every way they can and bring me solutions as quickly as possible. I'm glad I made that choice. I have no regrets about it.

Joann Richardson
April 20th, 2018 South Point, OH DETAILS

I was in a stressful situation because I could only make the minimum payments on my credit cards and I wasn't going anywhere with them. That's why I went to Freedom Debt Relief. Since they started working their way up my cards, the balance on my account has improved. They have kept me informed all the way through of anything that happens through email. It has been wonderful. I even received a letter from one of the larger credit cards that I owed saying that Freedom was taking care of the account. It was probably the best decision that I made. I'm getting ready to retire so being able to take care of all that is great.

Jennifer Johnson
April 20th, 2018 Painesville, OH DETAILS

I researched a little before going with it and I was pretty impressed with the results that other people were having. Now they're working with my creditors to try and get me the best rates.When I talked to them on the phone they were very helpful and made the whole process easy. Any time I've had to contact them somebody is always available to speak with me. I can always get the answer to any question that I have, usually from the first person that I speak to. If I want to find information about my account, I can just look at my client dashboard. I also get phone calls and text messages to let me know about those things.

Charlotte Leigh
April 20th, 2018 Columbus, OH DETAILS

I had medical problems and I even lost my job, so I went to them for help. I love their customer service. They followed up with me really well. If I wanted to check on the progress of things, I could do that on the online dashboard. They really did help me out managing my money and made everything go really fast. I'm glad I did it.

Sandra Stone
April 20th, 2018 Manassas, VA

I am unable to make a total review as I have just started this process - ask again in one year & I can tell better. So far everyone has been very helpful in explaining this process!!!👍

Linda Wetherell
April 20th, 2018 Bel Air, MD DETAILS

The only concern I have is letters from creditors that say legal proceedings and so I afraid of this process. I have a collection of these letters and so what do I do with them?

Andrea
April 20th, 2018 Atwater, OH DETAILS

Freedom debt relief has taken a huge weight off my shoulders. Being recently divorced and a new mom, it was a breath of fresh air to not have my phone ringing all hours of the day from creditors. The calls stopped almost immediately after signing up with Freedom Debt Relief

Steve Hayes
April 20th, 2018 Paw Paw, MI DETAILS

Worth doing!!! Best decision we could have made! Would recommend to anybody needing debt relief Big or small. They have helped on more way then I can explain! If you don’t do you will never know how great they are!’??

virginia ferris
April 20th, 2018 Riverside, CA

Freedom Debt Relief is an amazing company that is so easy and comfortable to work with. The customer service personnel are friendly and courteous to work with they answered all my questions and explained how the service works. I'm very glad that FDR is on my side helping me get out of debt.

Judith Russell
April 20th, 2018 Arvada, CO DETAILS

They charge a lot of money for doing nothing. You still get harrassed by creditors and negotiate with the companies that don't harrass you first. They charged me 933.00 for an 1800.00 payoff. This is wrong. Bad company! I received a settlement offer in the mail and they still want to charge me a fee and they did not negotiate the settlement. Customer service is good until you sign up, and then they do not care if you have a concern or not. They just want their money just like the creditors do. They even sound like creditors

Anna Henry
April 20th, 2018 Oark, AR

everyone has been very helpful and nice. No pressure or rudeness in explaining things finding your needs, and getting you signed up. THANK YOU

Judith Murphy
April 19th, 2018 Harwich, MA DETAILS

I was st a point where I was sinking. Saw an add for Freedom. Did a research on the company and made a phone call. I am completely satisfied with the progress that they have made. Plus, whenever I had to talk to them, they make me feel very comfortable. They are polite and very courteous. I def would recommend them to anyone who is in fina vial trouble.

Michael Musselman
April 19th, 2018 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

FDR was able to negotiate lower payoffs for most of my credit card debt. I would have given them 5 stars had it not been for the one card that I ended up having to pay the entire amount plus new interest charges on. But the rest of the cards were settled for 40 - 65% less than I owed. FDR is very easy to work with and they are always pleasant to speak with. I really believe they are here to help me.

Brittney Medlin
April 19th, 2018 Burleson, TX DETAILS

I have to give 1 star, not due to Freedom, but due to the Attorneys they have you use. I am being pressured into a settlement I ABSOLUTELY can not afford. The attorney I got assigned, made a settlement without having my power of attorney. Lied to me, and then tried to deny it.

Wondwosen Tadesse
April 19th, 2018 Silver Spring, MD DETAILS

Ecellent customer relations with quick and informative representatives who were knowledgeable of every aspect of what to say and when. The first intake interview made me very comfortable I faxed in my documents as soon as I received the emails. In less than 2-3 days, I knew I was not inventing the wheel.