Freedom Debt Relief

9.3

Freedom Debt Relief

verified
The minimum debt requirement is $10k

Freedom Debt Relief, a subsidiary of Freedom Financial Network, has resolved over $9 billion in debt since its founding in 2002. The company has considerable industry experience and high customer satisfaction ratings. With all the major industry accreditations, Freedom Debt Relief is a great option for many consumers.

The company offers multiple debt settlement (involves working with creditors to lower total debt owed) and debt consolidation (involves consolidating all customer debt into single monthly payments) services and is available in 34 states. Considering the quality of service the company offers, Freedom Debt Relief may have slightly higher prices than other companies in the industry.

The Good

• Excellent Settlement Program and Services
  • Experience and Accreditations
  • Great Reviews
  • Online Dashboard
  • No Fees Charged Until after Debt is Settled

Excellent Settlement Program and Services

Freedom Debt Relief has several great advantages to its debt settlement services including:

• Minimum of $10k in debt to begin debt settlement
  • Average cost is 21.5 percent of the total unsecured debt
  • One representative to work with

Freedom Debt Relief offers a free consultation with a highly trained debt consultant when a consumer decides to enlist the company's debt settlement services. The same debt settlement consultant will remain with the client throughout the entire debt settlement program. If consumers are not satisfied with FDR, the company offers a money-back guarantee.

Experience and Accreditations

Freedom Debt Relief (FDR), an accredited debt relief company, has over 14 years of experience in the debt settlement industry. With their level of experience, they know that one of the most important things they can offer consumers is industry accreditations.

In fact, according to multiple surveys we conducted, people value national accreditations, in their debt settlement company, above all other features. FDR is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA.

Great Reviews

Most Freedom Debt Relief reviews are positive. They commend FDR for having good customer service, explaining debt settlement, and keeping them updated on where they are at in the debt settlement program.

Clients with unsecured debt usually find that the company can save a large percentage of money that would otherwise go to their creditors. Despite the debt settlement program's tendency to negatively affect credit scores, customers with mountains of credit card debt find it extremely helpful.

Online Dashboard

One feature that sets FDR apart from the rest is a unique and intuitive online dashboard to track clients' pace throughout the program. This helps people to actually see their progress while settling their debts. Such resources let customers make informed decisions that will affect their credit scores.

Not many debt settlement companies in the industry offer such helpful tools. These tools help customers stay ahead of their creditors and tackle every type of debt (whether it's credit card debt, student loan debt, utility bills, etc.).

No Fees Charged Until after Debt is Settled

Debtors approach Freedom Debt Relief as a last resort in order to escape high amounts of debt. Because customers come to FDR in order to escape high payments, the company doesn't charge any fees until after debt is settled with creditors.

First, customers will open an account through Freedom Debt Relief into which they will put all of their money that would have gone toward paying their debt (this is the main reason why this program hurts your credit score more than debt consolidation).

Next, FDR will use that account to work with your creditors to find a lower total debt to pay (FDR can cut total debt down to 50 and even 30 percent in some cases).

Debt settlement companies make money by charging fees on either enrolled debt or saved debt (fees charged to saved debt are more beneficial for customers). Though its services are highly trusted and thorough, its fees are a bit higher (around 20 percent fees on enrolled debt).

The Bad

• Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)
  • Limited Availability
  • Complaints

Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)

One concern with Freedom Debt Relief is their price. Users are charged an average of 20 percent of their total debt to use FDR. While this number is in line with their competitors, it is only an average. Customers could end up paying more than this to use FDR.

Current national debt relief trends indicate that debt settlement companies tend to charge a percentage of enrolled debt as opposed to saved debt. This means that the more total debt you have, the more debt settlement companies will charge you.

But, exactly how much does Freedom Debt Relief cost? If you owe $10,000 and work with a debt settlement company that charges 20 percent of enrolled debt (assuming the debt settlement company can cut your debt in half), you will end up paying creditors $5,000 and will also pay an additional $2,000 to the debt settlement company.

Although working with a debt settlement company still saves you from paying $3,000 to creditors, it's better to work with companies that charge a percentage of saved debt rather than enrolled debt.

Limited Availability

Freedom Debt Relief offers debt settlement programs in only 34 states. Additionally, the company requires a minimum debt amount of $10k (the amount of which is charged fees of up around 20 percent). Most debt settlement companies will require a minimum amount of debt in order to ensure payout.

A debt settlement company that charges by saved debt will not run into this problem as much. An additional limitation is that Freedom Debt Relief is that the company only works with debtors with unsecured debt. This limitation is understandable since no debt settlement company wants to risk losing its client's homes.

Complaints

While most of the Freedom Debt Relief reviews are positive, there are still several people who have complaints about Freedom Debt Relief. The three main complaints clients seem to have are the following:

• Debt settlement takes too long
  • FDR charges too much for their services, sometimes costing consumers 25 percent of their total enrolled debt
  • People have trouble navigating and logging into FDR's website

The Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief offers several outstanding features for anyone looking to settle their debts: all major industry accreditations, ample debt settlement and debt consolidation (consolidated monthly payments) experience, thoughtful and experienced debt consultants, negotiation with creditors, and more. However, because their fees of 20 percent of the enrolled debt is an average, clients with unsecured debt could end up paying more to the settlement company (not to creditors). We recommend using Freedom Debt Relief if you receive a low enough quote from them, and they are available in your state.

Call our recommended rep over at Freedom Debt Relief below.

Sarah Brecher
July 20th, 2018 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS

Nothing has happened yet so can't really say. Will say the people I spoke with were very clear and concise and seemed like they really cared.

Johnny Ramos
July 20th, 2018 Portland, TX DETAILS

They constantly work hard for me to get my debt lowered and settles. Best decision i made.

Theresa
July 20th, 2018 Fresno, CA DETAILS

The customer service is terrific. They answer your questions intelligently and quickly.

Vicky J Ayres
July 20th, 2018 Peoria, AZ

Hector was fantastic helping me through the signing process! He made feel like I had the right choose. I look forward to getting out of dept.

Jonathan C.
July 20th, 2018 Oldsmar, FL DETAILS

Just started this service. Very professional experience and helpful. With FDR's assistance, hopefully my case will be resolved over time.

Karla J Arganda
July 20th, 2018 Merced, CA DETAILS

I liked how Freedom Debt Relief helped me reduce my debt.

Bonnie Day
July 20th, 2018 Port Deposit, MD

Since I have just started as a new client and only one of my bills has been settled I am very satisfied with that result.

Vernitha Fearon
July 19th, 2018 Fredericksburg, VA DETAILS

No complaints so far, other than the process taking way too long for my liking. However, that has nothing to do with the company.

Sheena
July 19th, 2018 Madison, AL DETAILS

I was very skeptical at first but so far FDR has put my best interests at heart which is to become debt free in their hands. The process is quick as long as you have the recent statements that includes a date no later than 30 days and the creditors information. Since being with FDR I got 2 of 6 of my debts settled within approximately a 3 months time frame. This was the best decision I ever made.

Mark E Cruse
July 19th, 2018 Central Valley, NY DETAILS

So far things are progressing well. Keeping me in the loop so I know what is going on

Chris Morgan
July 18th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

My representative Tori H has been extremely helpful and available to answer all my questions throughout this process, I am happy to have her helping me.

Shannie Smith
July 18th, 2018 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS

I am very pleased with the support and clarity in the program. We are set to be debt free in 1 year. We are so excited.

Thomas biings
July 18th, 2018 Brooklyn, NY

I just felt I need help I just couldn't pay my Bill's anymore intrest to high I talk to a customer service assistant said he sound good so I took the service

Theresa Clickner
July 18th, 2018 DETAILS

The staff is so helpful and friendly. If it weren't for them, I would be swimming (sinking) in debt for many years to come. The advocates have worked hard to reach settlements on my accounts. I should be debt free in about a year.

Wendy Allen
July 18th, 2018 Pevely, MO DETAILS

I have only been doing this for about 2 months now, but so far so good, it seems very easy and stress free. The staff at FDR are amazing and keep you informed of everything going on. You can also follow on your dashboard and see exactly where everything stands.

Cheryl
July 18th, 2018 Palestine, TX

They have given me a light at the end of the credit card debt tunnel. They went to work right away. I am very pleased

Richard Ross
July 18th, 2018 Grove City, OH DETAILS

They stay on top of things. I have been with freedom debt relief for two years. I have no complaints.

Shellie Valenzuela
July 17th, 2018 Enid, OK DETAILS

They never called me back after the review depart was supposed to review my account!

Freedom Debt ReliefJul 17, 2018

We apologize for the lack of follow up you experienced, Shellie. Could you please send us your contact information in a private message so we can look into this further and have someone contact you?

James Dziadulewicz
July 18th, 2018 Camarillo, CA DETAILS

You are doing a great job. Helping me out. I would tell others about what great help you have provided so far.

Diane Dikeolakos
July 17th, 2018 DETAILS

So far everything is going well! Courteous and friendly staff and service.

Freedom Debt ReliefJul 17, 2018

Thank you for your positive review of the program. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or [email protected] with any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Laura Adams
July 17th, 2018 Winter Garden, FL

They have always been pleasant and understanding. Never criticizes. Sends me notifications promptly. Guided me when I was receiving late notices.

Freedom Debt ReliefJul 17, 2018

Thank you for your positive review! We look forward to your continued success with Freedom Debt Relief! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or [email protected] with any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Elvera Phelps
July 17th, 2018 Stoughton, WI DETAILS

I am very happy with them as I never thought I’d see daylight again. They truly have my back and are concerned with my future, I couldn’t ask for any better help with my debt problem.

Freedom Debt ReliefJul 17, 2018

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate your comments and look forward to successfully assisting you through the remainder of your debt relief program! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or [email protected] should you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

LK Barrett
July 16th, 2018 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS

Friendly, practical, and reliable, I would recommend this service to anyone who needs help restructuring credit card debt and improving their credit-worthiness.

Danielle K
July 16th, 2018 Palm Harbor, FL DETAILS

I have had a wonderful transition from credit card debt and multiple payments to FDR’s program. Customer service is great and they even allow you to change your due date if needed.

Freedom Debt ReliefJul 17, 2018

Thank you so much! We are thrilled to receive your 5-star review and we look forward to helping you reach your goals of financial freedom! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or [email protected] should you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Paula Higdon
July 16th, 2018 Pasadena, CA DETAILS

So far, so good. We are at the very beginning stages of the process, so I'm not sure how things will be handled with the payments to creditors, but up until now the customer service has been exemplary.

Freedom Debt ReliefJul 17, 2018

We appreciate the positive review! Thank you for taking time to leave positive feedback for us! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or [email protected] should you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Rose Mary Copet
July 16th, 2018 Sun City, AZ DETAILS

Everyone at Freedom Debt have been so helpful when this impossible debt incurred. I never thought I would resolve this debt in such a short time. They made a reasonable repayment plan affordable for my situation. Thank You Freedom Debt Relief.

Freedom Debt ReliefJul 17, 2018

Thank you for the helpful feedback regarding your debt relief program! We strive to provide excellence to all of our clients! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or [email protected] if you have any questions or comments regarding your account. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief!

Laurel Leslie
July 16th, 2018 West Brookfield, MA

So far so good. Everything has been well described by the agents and the printed materials are easily understood.

gary hamilton
July 16th, 2018 New Smyrna Beach, FL DETAILS

if you are in need of debt relieve please contac t freedom debt relieve for help they goive you peace of mind so ypy can continue with everyday life

Michelle Magnell
July 16th, 2018 Quincy, MA

So far I feel that I can move on and try to use money instead of using a credit cards . Thank you for helping me.

Charles M
July 16th, 2018 Milwaukee, WI DETAILS

This has been a great experience from application to settlement. My rep Justin worked with me day in day out to accomplish something I didn’t think was possible! And it’s everything that he explained. No gimmicks at all.

alan beaulieu
July 16th, 2018 Perryville, MO

I didn't have to do anything . They did it all.

Maria Fontanez
July 16th, 2018 Hamburg, PA DETAILS

They have been very helpful and courteous from the beginning. Whenever I have a question someone always answers.i have just settled my first card and feel relief in the process.

marlena l deter
July 16th, 2018 Chambersburg, PA DETAILS

there doing there job im really glad that i got them to help me

Alice
July 16th, 2018 Dundalk, MD DETAILS

When I called Freedom Debt Relief the customer service people were very friendly and helpful. They provided me with the information I needed to get start to debt relief.

Karrie Johnston
July 13th, 2018 El Cajon, CA DETAILS

I find it amazing I received a request to review your company this just confirms how inept you are! Where is your disconnect? After 16 months you have put us in a worse situation than when we began! After hours of explaining and rexplaining to your staff I have caught you in numerous lies and you still have no solution. In the mean time all the payments were for not! Over $8,000.00 down the drain and you have no answers except “we will get back to you”! DO NOT ... I REPEATE DO NOT USE FDR !

Freedom Debt ReliefJul 17, 2018

We apologize for your frustration, Karrie. We are having leadership review your account and follow up with you.

Martin Connelly
July 13th, 2018 Wildomar, CA DETAILS

Also get courteous and informative service from FDR, and they are always up to date on the progress of the account and relate it as it happens to the client.

Maralee Erhart
July 13th, 2018 Payson, AZ

I am soooo happy that I heard about Freedom Debt Relief! They already resolved one creditor. I didn’t expect it to happen so quickly! Only two more to go...... and yes! They do have an A+ rating with the BBB. I checked them out myself.

William Markwood Sr
July 13th, 2018 Taylor, TX

I believe they are diligently doing all the ‘work’ for me and with they’re information and advice I no longer am stressed day after day. Finally I can relax and breathe knowing day by day my debts are being squared away and there is light at the end of the tunnel. They have been very polite, helpful and very comfortable to be working with. I wish I had taken this step years ago

Ted Newlander
July 13th, 2018 Marble, MN DETAILS

Well what they don’t tell you and I wish they had is that you should take the consolidation loan that they offer you. Here’s why. Your creditors are just going to sue you and when you lose in court you don’t have a leg to stand on and will be responsible for the full amount plus thousands more in my case. If I had taken the loan my credit would have been repaired and I would have graduated the program so much earlier. Currently I am contributing 1000 dollars a month but it wasn’t enuff because I am not only paying the 1000 a month but my wages are being garnished for over 1000 a month. It’s terrible. Take the loan and pay it off early. It’s to late for me. Save yourself the hassle. I got sued by 3 out of 7 creditors. It’s a hassle. Had to settle for the full amount. I’ve learned a valuable lesson and will never go thru this again. I say again. Take the loan! Trust me!

Freedom Debt ReliefJul 17, 2018

We’re so sorry to hear you have had a negative experience. Could you please send us your contact information in a private message so we can look into this further and have someone contact you?

Nancy Moore
July 13th, 2018 Twin Lake, MI DETAILS

When I first began my relationship with Freedom Debt Relief, I was very nervous. It was a big leap for me to trust someone else with my finances. But, it needed to be done and soon. I was seriously in debt way over my head and there seemed no way to conquer this mountain. Now, after just four months into the program, one debt has already been resolved, much to my surprise and utter delight. FDR continually encourages me not to look back but to look ahead to the coming months. As I faithfully build my dedicated bank account, they are quick to take on my creditors. One at a time each will be negotiated and paid off. I am more excited as each day passes. I am beginning to breathe much more freely and easily. I talk about their program all the time to anyone who will listen. I continually share their telephone number with any whom I know could use this service and encourage them to give FDR a call. They won't be disappointed. THANK YOU, FDR!