Solar Energy World has performed thousands of custom solar installations since opening its doors in 2009 and is one of the fastest growing, locally owned and operated solar companies in Maryland, New Jersey, and the DC metro area.

Committed to protecting the environment, reducing carbon dioxide emissions, and promoting clean, renewable energy, Solar Energy World provides sustainable energy solutions for homeowners that include high quality products guaranteed to operate efficiently and remain safe for the environment over their entire lifetime.

The clean energy company takes pride in its turnkey approach to solar power and handles every step of the process from planning to installation.

The Good

• Straightforward Solar Process
  • Variety of Payment Options
  • High Quality Solar Power Equipment
  • Remote System Monitoring
  • Comprehensive Warranty
  • Paperwork Assistance
  • Experienced In-House Installers
  • Referral Program

Straightforward Solar Process

Solar Energy World strives to make the solar panel installation process as smooth and simple as possible for its customers.

First, a Solar Energy World representative will provide a free solar analysis and share information about incentives, payment options, and more.

Once the customer has received an analysis and decided to move forward, a certified Solar Energy World technician will visit the home to confirm measurements and energy savings, as well as ensure that the appropriate permits have been acquired.

Then, Solar Energy World will complete any necessary paperwork.

After that, the company will start on the installation, which is usually completed within two to three days.

Once the system is installed, Solar Energy World will set up the final inspection with the appropriate municipality or utility company and ensure the customer's system is properly connected to the grid.

Variety of Payment Options

Solar Energy World currently offers three different payment options: outright purchase, loan, and PPA.

Customers who choose to pay for their system in full or take advantage of Solar Energy World's financing will have the opportunity to cash in on Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs) and other federal and state incentives. The average return-on-investment for customers who purchase their systems is typically around 125 percent within 5 to 7 years. In 20 years, homeowners who purchase solar can expect to see a 500 percent ROI.

Customers who choose to go the PPA route can have a system installed on their roof for $0 down. Solar PPA customers will simply pay for the energy being produced by the panels on their roof at a rate of at least 20 percent less than their current monthly electric bill.

High Quality Solar Power Equipment

Solar Energy World has stated that it only installs high-efficiency, best-in-class solar PV panels engineered in Germany, China, and the United States. The company mostly uses solar cells from Hanwa, LG, REC, and Trina.

Both ground mount and rooftop solar systems are available, and each system is custom designed by Solar Energy World's in-house engineers to fit the customer's unique energy needs.

Remote System Monitoring

Solar Energy World remotely monitors every solar system it installs to ensure that the systems are performing correctly. If there is ever a problem with a customer's system, the company will alert them and schedule a service to get things worked out.

In addition to remote monitoring service, Solar Energy World provides each customer with access to monitoring technology so they can check in on their system production and electricity consumption themselves. Customers can access the platform from anywhere in the world using a web-enabled device such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer and see how much power their system is generating in real-time, as well as how much electricity the system has produced over its life.

Comprehensive Warranty

Solar Energy World provides a comprehensive warranty on the installation of all the solar equipment it installs. The length of the installation warranty is dependent upon the warranty of the equipment manufacturer and goes up to 25 years.

Panel and inverter manufacturers provide a warranty on the performance of the solar panels and inverters.

Paperwork Assistance

Solar Energy World takes care of all paperwork and permits for its customers to make sure that the process is hassle-free and the customer receives all tax credits, rebates, and grants that they are entitled to.

Experienced In-House Installers

Solar Energy World does not outsource any of its installations or use subcontractors; instead, all of the company's installers work directly for and are accountable to Solar Energy World to ensure that customers receive superior service. The company's solar installers and crew leaders have had years of prior experience and received intensive solar panel installation training.

Further, during the solar panel installation process, crews are supervised by a Solar Energy World NABCEP-certified solar designer and installer, as well as a Solar Energy World licensed master electrician.

Referral Program

Solar Energy World offers a referral program that even non-customers can participate in. Those who are customers of Solar Energy World can receive $500 for each referral who installs a solar system that is 6 kW or larger and $300 for each referral who installs a 4 kW to 5 kW system.

Non-customers will receive $250 for each referral who installs a solar system that is 6 kW or larger and $150 for each referral who installs a 4 kW to 5 kW system. There is no cap on referrals, so an individual may refer as many people as they wish.

Interested in doing business with Solar Energy World? Click here for more information.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Solar Energy World only offers its services in Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington D.C., so if you live elsewhere, you won't be able to do business with Solar Energy World. While being a local provider has its advantages, it also greatly reduces the number of consumers who have access to the company's services.

The Bottom Line

Solar Energy World has over a decade of experience in the solar industry and strives to make the installation process as smooth as possible for its customers. The renewable energy company offers a number of attractive features, including multiple payment options, high quality equipment, an in-house team of certified installers, system monitoring, a comprehensive warranty, and a referral program. Solar Energy World even offers paperwork assistance, which makes the customer experience simple and hassle-free. Solar Energy World is recommended to consumers who live within its service area of Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington D.C.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar Energy World below.

Tammy
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

I've only had to call customer service about one issue. I didn't have a good experience with the tech support because they were pretty snippy with me. The installation guys that we worked with did a great job.

Levi
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

My experience has been pleasant throughout the entire process. I haven't had any issues and the customer service has been very helpful. Their installation process lasted a couple of days from start to finish, and they were really in and out during that time. We haven't had any issues yet with the equipment. We pay a reasonable price for solar, and I have no reason not to trust them. I've recommended them to a few people.

W
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Initially, I haven't had any complaints or issues. The installation went smoothly and timely. The salesperson that worked with us was very knowledgeable and honest. They are very accessible if we have questions.

Bradley
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Customer support was very communicative and responsive to inquiries I've had. The installation took place over 2-3 days and it was fairly straightforward. There were a few minor errors, but after the install they cleaned up. One thing I don't like is that the data from my panels is a little disorganized online, so it's hard to understand. There was also a small discrepancy from the advertised solar production and the actual production.

Benjamin
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

I had a lot of questions before I went with Solar Energy World. The gentleman answering my questions was very polite and understanding. He explained things well to me, so I decided to go with them. Installation was professional and they were very courteous to me. My system has been working beautifully and it's profiting well. I'm glad I spent my money on this system.

Mar 19, 2019

We appreciate your business!

Joseph
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Customer service answered all questions we've had for them. They explain everything in detail and tell me how everything will go. They were very respectful and professional. The equipment worked as advertised, and there were no problems at all. They finished in a timely manner. We've had a wonderful experience with them!

George
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

They completed the installation pretty early, but it was professionally done. We haven't had any problems with our equipment.

Louis
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Installation went very smoothly. Everything works and they left the property clean. They have top equipment. The company has been easy to deal with.

Lawrence
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Any time we've had an issue, they've resolved it promptly and effectively. When they installed the system, they showed up and did the work they were supposed to.

Doug
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Solar Energy World was very professional and did the installation cleanly, smoothly, and in a professional manner. The system has been running continuously for 4-5 years now with no problems. It's very dependable.

Kevin
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

The price was good with this company, and they seemed to be very reputable. Anytime I need to get a hold of them, they're easily accessible and responsive. Installation went smoothly and they were completely finished in two days. I haven't had any major problems, and any minor problems they had were fixed very quickly.

Brian
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

I've been very satisfied with our solar panels. We had no hiccups in the installation, because they did their job well.

Bill
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

We priced three different solar companies, and our salesman did a great job and was very informative. He was good to talk to and took his time to explain everything to us, how things worked, and all the different engineering aspects. I haven't had any problems with the panels. They've worked since day one, and installation went well. It turns out my panels are generating as much or a tad more than the salesman had told me to anticipate. I really like the sun power monitoring system, and I was able to get property tax credit.

Tom
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Installation went well, we thought we'd have to replace shingles or boards, but everything went well. We have had no problems and they did a great job. We recommend them all the time. One thing I would say I don't like is that we're not getting credits anymore with this company.

Andrew
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

When customer service came out to help me, he spoke truthfully. He didn't try to upsell the product and compared the price to other solar companies. Solar Energy World was the most price reasonable. The install team was great. They were on time, cleaned up, and they didn't leave me with any unanswered questions. I felt working with the team. The installation was well mapped out, and they showed me how everything was going to go. The panels have performed as well as I expected, and the company has a great warranty. I've recommended them to multiple people and I'm completely satisfied with my experience.

David
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

The rep that helped me was very knowledgeable. I had to call customer service numerous times for financial information. They were helpful when I was asking the questions. When it came time for installation, they went on the roof and did it. It was the most expensive part of the system, and cost me $50,000.

Roland
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

We've never had a single problem with the solar panels we have. Installation went very smoothly, and we've gotten great energy savings from it.

Paul
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

There weren't any problems with the installation. All the people that were there to install it were great, and I'm very happy with what they did. I got high efficiency solar panels, and I've already recommended them to family and friends.

Madelyn
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Solar Energy World listens to all our needs and takes time to solve them. The installation went very smoothly, and the equipment hasn't broken.

Oyekunle
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Solar Energy has the best prices and best service. Customer service is very responsive, but the installation was very slow.

Thomas
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Customer service has been great, although they don't make it very clear as to who you need to contact for help. Installation went smoothly.

Bernard
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Solar Energy World provides the best price and service. Customer service was very patient and answered all our questions. They found solar panels that met our needs. There were no problems with the installation. We've never had any problems with the equipment, and it has functioned the way it's supposed to. We've never had to call for any repairs.

Denise
September 10th, 2018 Westminster, MD DETAILS

Solar Energy seemed to have the best panels to fit my needs, and the best options to choose from. During installation, they accommodated the things we needed, and everything went smoothly. I really like that they do a referral program, so that when somebody signs up you get a check.

September 10th, 2018 Pasadena, MD DETAILS

Their customer service department is hard to reach. They aren't quick about dealing with problems. They wanted to spread the installation out over three days, but since installation my air conditioning has been struggling. I still haven't gotten that problem resolved with them yet. I find them to be a disappointing and unimpressive company.

Young
September 10th, 2018 Perry Hall, MD DETAILS

The workers for the installation worked well. I'm very satisfied with their work. We've had no problems so far with our panels. I spent close to $50,000, but hardly have to pay my electric bill.

Raphael
September 10th, 2018 Upper Marlboro, MD DETAILS

I didn't have any problems with the installing. Everything went very smoothly. They are great, and have saved me a lot of money.

Patrick
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Our salesman was very knowledgeable and personable. He seemed to be very interested in making sure I was getting the best energy possible for my home. Every time I've called customer service, they've been very responsive. When they came to install, they took special care and explained everything to me. It all went smoothly and they did it in one day.

Stanley
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

The installation went smoothly. They were very courteous, and everything worked out fine. They are a very trustworthy company, and I've already recommended them to others.

John
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

If I ever had problems with the solar panels, or they're not producing right, they take care of it. They're very knowledgeable and professional to work with.

Charles
September 10th, 2018 Elkton, MD DETAILS

We went with this company because of the accessibility, pricing options, and their willingness to work with us. I've never had a problem with them.

Robert
September 10th, 2018 Oakland, MD DETAILS

Customer service has always been responsive and good at what they do. The installation process went smoothly and they got the work done quickly and efficiently. When we bought our system, we were led to believe we'd get a better payment for those credits.

Maurice
September 10th, 2018 Aquasco, MD DETAILS

Installation went smoothly, but we have one problem panel. I have to keep calling them and telling them that it's not working properly because it's defective.

Charles
September 10th, 2018 Clinton, MD

The equipment works well since it's been installed, and we haven't had any problems. Installation went perfectly.

Shelly
September 10th, 2018 Goldsboro, MD DETAILS

The customer service representatives were very helpful and answered all the questions I had. We had a malfunction and they came right out and fixed the problem within 3 days. We are paying less than we were before, so overall it's been a good experience. I've already recommended them to people I know.

Mar 19, 2019

We appreciate your business!

Andres
September 10th, 2018 Severna Park, MD DETAILS

We went with Solar Energy World because they had better panels and financing. Their customer service has been very prompt and good at answering any questions I had. The installation is quick and clean, and we haven't had any issues with the equipment.

Dave
September 10th, 2018 Edgewood, MD DETAILS

The people who came to install were very courteous, and came to do their job well. Our electric bill has only been about 12 dollars.

Arlene
September 10th, 2018 Olney, MD DETAILS

We were very impressed with the salesman. We had a problem with a leak in our roof, but they found it had been a raccoon that had gotten under our roof tiles and they were able to diagnose and quickly fix the problem. We haven't had a single problem since then. One thing I don't like is that they have an optional service charge that's $800. We haven't once done it, and haven't had any problems. I wonder why they have that bait and switch to get more money out of you. The solar really does reduce our energy bills.

Mar 19, 2019

We apologize that your experience was not optimum and assure you this is not typical of the customer feedback we usually receive. Please let us know how we can resolve any issues you may have.

Carla
September 10th, 2018 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

When I called customer service, they couldn't actually answer my questions, they just sent me something about how to set it up. The installation process went flawlessly. The materials they used are good quality, and we don't see any flaws in what they used. When my representative came down, he didn't disclose that each year's payment would go up until it's fully paid.

Eric
September 10th, 2018 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

Solar Energy World has been fantastic from the beginning to work with. They talked through all our options. We had some squirrel damage after about a year after installation, but they were able to fix it pretty quickly for us. We've seen immediate savings in our electric bill, and our payment for the panels is less than what our electric bill was previously.

Mar 19, 2019

Thank you for the kind words!

John
September 10th, 2018 Sparrows Point, MD DETAILS

Customer service is very receptive every time I've called them. We've had a few minor issues, but they work quickly to fix them. The installation was very fast and efficient.

Mar 19, 2019

Thank you for the kind words!

Alicia
September 10th, 2018 Denton, MD DETAILS

Any time we call into our specific customer service representative, they answer our questions promptly. We've had the solar panels for two years and haven't had any issues with it.

Kenneth
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

We had multiple picks for solar companies, but we went with Solar Energy World. Customer service has answered all my questions. Installation went very well.

Richard
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

I had an issue where our panels weren't working properly for a while, and didn't send someone out. Customer service is not very responsive, but everything works fine. The installation process was fast, smooth, and efficient. I wish they had sent someone out to help after installation, because I felt kind of left on my own.

Kevin
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

The panels have been pretty self-sufficient, and we have a link on our computer that tells us how much energy we're generating. The installers were very professional and told us what we needed for them to do their job. We haven't had a breakdown since we've had installing. We've been extremely pleased with this company.

Esther
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

I've only had one issue, which wasn't serious, but they were able to take care of it at customer service. Installation was excellent, and we haven't had trouble with the equipment.

Richard
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

This company was very honest and upfront with us. I've had some warranty issues that were resolved slower than I expected it would be. Installation was smooth, and I've already recommended them to many people.

Mar 19, 2019

Thanks for the valuable feedback!

Edward
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Customer Service was quick and responsive. They always help clarify when I have questions. This is a very trustworthy company, and I've recommended them to three people already.

Mary
September 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Every time I'd call customer service, they were happy to help. They answered all my questions. They did the installation very quickly, and knew what they were doing. I haven't had any problems with the equipment since I've had it.

Sunil
September 5th, 2018 Ellicott City, MD DETAILS

We've had it for a few years and never had a problem, it's running fine. I've already recommended them to more than 3 friends.

Maureen
September 5th, 2018 Monrovia, MD DETAILS

I chose Solar Energy World because of the knowledge of the saleman. The customer service was always available and described things clearly. We always knew what was going on or where we were during the time of the project of installing solar energy panels. The quality of the materials that they use is high. It's just a great, great partnership.