Solar Energy World has performed thousands of custom solar installations since opening its doors in 2009 and is one of the fastest growing, locally owned and operated solar companies in Maryland, New Jersey, and the DC metro area.

Committed to protecting the environment, reducing carbon dioxide emissions, and promoting clean, renewable energy, Solar Energy World provides sustainable energy solutions for homeowners that include high quality products guaranteed to operate efficiently and remain safe for the environment over their entire lifetime.

The clean energy company takes pride in its turnkey approach to solar power and handles every step of the process from planning to installation.

The Good

• Straightforward Solar Process
  • Variety of Payment Options
  • High Quality Solar Power Equipment
  • Remote System Monitoring
  • Comprehensive Warranty
  • Paperwork Assistance
  • Experienced In-House Installers
  • Referral Program

Straightforward Solar Process

Solar Energy World strives to make the solar panel installation process as smooth and simple as possible for its customers.

First, a Solar Energy World representative will provide a free solar analysis and share information about incentives, payment options, and more.

Once the customer has received an analysis and decided to move forward, a certified Solar Energy World technician will visit the home to confirm measurements and energy savings, as well as ensure that the appropriate permits have been acquired.

Then, Solar Energy World will complete any necessary paperwork.

After that, the company will start on the installation, which is usually completed within two to three days.

Once the system is installed, Solar Energy World will set up the final inspection with the appropriate municipality or utility company and ensure the customer's system is properly connected to the grid.

Variety of Payment Options

Solar Energy World currently offers three different payment options: outright purchase, loan, and PPA.

Customers who choose to pay for their system in full or take advantage of Solar Energy World's financing will have the opportunity to cash in on Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs) and other federal and state incentives. The average return-on-investment for customers who purchase their systems is typically around 125 percent within 5 to 7 years. In 20 years, homeowners who purchase solar can expect to see a 500 percent ROI.

Customers who choose to go the PPA route can have a system installed on their roof for $0 down. Solar PPA customers will simply pay for the energy being produced by the panels on their roof at a rate of at least 20 percent less than their current monthly electric bill.

High Quality Solar Power Equipment

Solar Energy World has stated that it only installs high-efficiency, best-in-class solar PV panels engineered in Germany, China, and the United States. The company mostly uses solar cells from Hanwa, LG, REC, and Trina.

Both ground mount and rooftop solar systems are available, and each system is custom designed by Solar Energy World's in-house engineers to fit the customer's unique energy needs.

Remote System Monitoring

Solar Energy World remotely monitors every solar system it installs to ensure that the systems are performing correctly. If there is ever a problem with a customer's system, the company will alert them and schedule a service to get things worked out.

In addition to remote monitoring service, Solar Energy World provides each customer with access to monitoring technology so they can check in on their system production and electricity consumption themselves. Customers can access the platform from anywhere in the world using a web-enabled device such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer and see how much power their system is generating in real-time, as well as how much electricity the system has produced over its life.

Comprehensive Warranty

Solar Energy World provides a comprehensive warranty on the installation of all the solar equipment it installs. The length of the installation warranty is dependent upon the warranty of the equipment manufacturer and goes up to 25 years.

Panel and inverter manufacturers provide a warranty on the performance of the solar panels and inverters.

Paperwork Assistance

Solar Energy World takes care of all paperwork and permits for its customers to make sure that the process is hassle-free and the customer receives all tax credits, rebates, and grants that they are entitled to.

Experienced In-House Installers

Solar Energy World does not outsource any of its installations or use subcontractors; instead, all of the company's installers work directly for and are accountable to Solar Energy World to ensure that customers receive superior service. The company's solar installers and crew leaders have had years of prior experience and received intensive solar panel installation training.

Further, during the solar panel installation process, crews are supervised by a Solar Energy World NABCEP-certified solar designer and installer, as well as a Solar Energy World licensed master electrician.

Referral Program

Solar Energy World offers a referral program that even non-customers can participate in. Those who are customers of Solar Energy World can receive $500 for each referral who installs a solar system that is 6 kW or larger and $300 for each referral who installs a 4 kW to 5 kW system.

Non-customers will receive $250 for each referral who installs a solar system that is 6 kW or larger and $150 for each referral who installs a 4 kW to 5 kW system. There is no cap on referrals, so an individual may refer as many people as they wish.

Interested in doing business with Solar Energy World? Click here for more information.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Solar Energy World only offers its services in Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington D.C., so if you live elsewhere, you won't be able to do business with Solar Energy World. While being a local provider has its advantages, it also greatly reduces the number of consumers who have access to the company's services.

The Bottom Line

Solar Energy World has over a decade of experience in the solar industry and strives to make the installation process as smooth as possible for its customers. The renewable energy company offers a number of attractive features, including multiple payment options, high quality equipment, an in-house team of certified installers, system monitoring, a comprehensive warranty, and a referral program. Solar Energy World even offers paperwork assistance, which makes the customer experience simple and hassle-free. Solar Energy World is recommended to consumers who live within its service area of Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington D.C.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar Energy World below.

Brent Cottom
October 9th, 2017 Owings Mills, MD

The provide good service and are customer focused

Norma
October 9th, 2017 Reisterstown, MD

The service, information and procedure was pretty smooth. However, we had a hard time getting documentation.

Mar 19, 2019

Thank you for the valuable feedback.

Nope
October 9th, 2017 White Plains, MD

False advertisement. I do not save money on this and use LESS energy!

Mar 19, 2019

We apologize that your experience was not optimum and assure you this is not typical of the customer feedback we usually receive. Please let us know how we can resolve any issues you may have.

G. G.
October 9th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA

Good management; excellent installation crew; excellent followup and documentation

Louis & Debbie Nicholson
October 9th, 2017 Glenelg, MD

Very professional in every respect. Best value in cost.

Kass
October 9th, 2017 Upper Marlboro, MD

Not worthy , it is not producing enough energy

Catherine Bowrey
October 9th, 2017 Goldsboro, MD

Everyone I have worked with have been very nice and explained everything to me.

Mike
October 9th, 2017 Ellicott City, MD

I would have rated them a 10 but apparently the installation has problems. Everything was great but apparently the system is underproducing electricity. Since I am paying an agreed upon fee based on an expectation of solar, I think I may end up paying more for solar than I did for the utility company's power. A technician won't be out for another month to figure out what's going on so I am disappointed to say the least!

bkrogers
October 9th, 2017 Gaithersburg, MD

They answered concerns and explained the system well.

Angela J.
October 9th, 2017 Washington, DC

Expert professionalism, top notch customer service, and quality products.

Michele Lanasa
October 9th, 2017 Washington, DC

They are great up til the install is complete. Then it's like pulling teeth if you have questions or. Concerns

Mar 19, 2019

Thank you for the valuable feedback.

Marjorie Warden
October 9th, 2017 Elkton, MD

we love our solar installation! Initially there were some minor issues with the installation, but Solar Energy World worked to solve them.

Lorraine Fordham
October 9th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

From the beginning to end of this project they were excellent.

No name
October 9th, 2017 Baltimore, MD

Solar Energy World provided excellent service and support.

Happy in Bowie, MD
October 9th, 2017 Baltimore, MD

From estimate to contract to installation, the service was awesome!

Kareem
October 9th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

They do excellent work however fall short and overall follow up.

Mar 19, 2019

Thank you for the valuable feedack.

October 9th, 2017 Annapolis, MD

Because they are proactive, cooperative and efficient.

Stephen Ager
October 9th, 2017 Washington, DC

Dollar amount for summer seemed well above the contract amount

Delana Gregg
October 9th, 2017 Brooklyn, MD

very helpful and good to work with. Good follow up with sub-contractors. We had screws left in our yard after installation and ruined 2 tires (hence not a 10).

October 4th, 2017 Bethesda, MD

We chose them through a co-operative we joined and they already had Solar Energy World as their provider. The installation process was frustrating; there was a lot of problems and they had to come several times to fix it. I am not sure if that everyone who was involved had the skills that they needed to actually do the right job. As of now, we''ve been very happy, we have no electricity bills so we were able to cover more than we anticipated.

Ina Miller
October 4th, 2017 Severn, MD

It was an easy and quick installation, and their team was friendly and did a great job. Solar Energy World is a company that provides a long term solution that lets us to decrease our cost. However, there are no real benefits in myself or my family or my paycheck, but that we''ve got peace of mind that they''re producing clean green energy to offset the oil company. The suggestions that I would have is to do the cost comparison between what you are currently paying and what are you going to pay in a monthly fee. Also, the amount of energy that you are going to use during a specific time of the year and the long term cost of sticking with your current energy provider.

Richard Gabelman
October 4th, 2017 Gambrills, MD

My experience has been excellent. They are very good, efficient and they explained the differences of how other installations in our area looked and how ours would look. The cost in our electric services had been reduced.

Paul Antoshak
October 4th, 2017 Aberdeen, MD

My sales representative was amazing and did a great job. The installers were punctual, efficient and they informed me of everything along the way. They have the best price and reputation and it''s dealing everything they told me it would. I am saving money and I''m helping the environment. My experience has been great, it''s a great company and great people.

Lorna Lim
October 4th, 2017 Temple Hills, MD

I haven''t had their service for a long time so I haven''t really saved some energy, I still have to observe, and up today I haven''t received a bill yet. The only thing I would like to mention is that the installers did not clean the area they worked on. I hope they could bring their own cleaning materials after they work at a client''s house.

Jack Burton
October 4th, 2017 Davidsonville, MD

Our electricity cost went down. It took a lot of work to get all done but their representatives are very cooperative. I like the coverage that they can do and how much solar energy they can provide. The deal was good, better than some others, and it went just like they said it would.

Paul Benson
October 4th, 2017 Sykesville, MD

No light bill in the summer months and $150 dollars light bill in December, January and February. A great installation process and the management team was very good, however, the salesman was not so fine.

Michael Lantz
October 4th, 2017 Mechanicsville, MD

They have everything warrantied and guarantied. They have fixed rates so the payment that you make today is the same you make 20 years from now. They send me credits consistently. I'm only paying for the panels based on my what I was paying through the electrical company, so I'm only paying a quarter of what I used to pay, that's a 75% in savings. The other companies have a lot of hidden fees. Their rates change monthly, so you never know what you're paying. I knew several people that went with SolarCity and Vivint Solar and they had terrible deals. They're not saving any money and at times they're paying even more. The installation process didn't take very long, they were prompt, they didn't come out unprepared, they worked straight through, and it only took about 4 days to got it done. They inspected the roof and made sure that the shingles were in good condition. I've seen other houses that SolarCity did and they have three layers of shingles on their roof, that's not good at all. Those panels had to get redone in short period of time so they didn't just throw the panels on the roof. Solar Energy World took a lot of care in what they did, so, I definitely recommend them to other people. If there's a problem, they call you right away. I had a problem and they're the one that called me and told me that I wasn't producing electricity. They sent somebody out, checked the system and solved the difficulty immediately.

Travis Johnson
October 4th, 2017

Their team is great, above average, and they''re doing a fantastic job. Our electric bills are way cheaper and we''re pleased with it.

Barbara Hunter
October 4th, 2017 Chester, MD

My electric bill was cut in half. They''re very organized and very professional.

Paul Mueller
October 4th, 2017 Federalsburg, MD

They''re a great company. I''ve seen a reduction in my bill and they did a great a job with the installation. Everything has been working fine.

David Owen
October 4th, 2017 Germantown, MD

Electric cost reduction, hassle free. It''s excellent!

Emil Fakheri
October 4th, 2017 Baltimore, MD

Their price made me go with them. The installation process was perfect, however, right now I have problem with my system and I hope they could fix it.

Mary Rosenberry
October 4th, 2017 Goldsboro, MD

I advise people to get it. I was having problems with my electric bill, then I put solar panels on and it sure had help quite a bit with my electric bill.

Nadine Miller
October 4th, 2017 Hampstead, MD

The installation was done very quickly, however, they ignored one of the boxes that they put on the house, so I did not have energy for two month after they were finished. I was a little disappointed. Another thing is that the salesman mentioned that they would take care of letting us know about the information for the tax credits and the amount that DTE would be paying to us. But I''ve never hear a thing about that anymore.

Daniel Bowles
October 4th, 2017 Westminster, MD

Lower electric bills due to their great price.

Joseph Monar
October 4th, 2017 Severn, MD

I had references from other people saying they''re a good company. They''re very organized, thorough and complete. However, I wanted to do a lot of my business over my credit card and, they limited the amount that you can put on your credit card to a serious full amount.

Rhoda Williams
October 4th, 2017 Capitol Heights, MD

My neighbor had it and I just went with that. They were very professional and I'm pleased with the work that was done. The installation process was very quick and they knew what they were doing. I definitely see the benefits in my utility and I can feel it inside my home.

Hieu Nguyen
October 4th, 2017 Gaithersburg, MD

Solar Energy World is part of the co-op program that''s sponsored by the TV in the community and our experience has been good. They''re very professional, easy to work with, and well organized. I haven''t had savings because for this year because there has been not so many hot days in the summer, but I do like using solar energy.

Patrick Minor
October 4th, 2017 Westminster, MD

I wanted to have ground mounts instead of putting them on my roof and Solar Energy World was able to provid that for me. The only thing is that I''d like them to do a regular maintenance on the Inverter to make sure that it works properly.

Dale Dembrow
October 4th, 2017 Ijamsville, MD

Low or no electric bills. It's been great!

Mark Cassera
October 4th, 2017 Mt Airy, MD

They offered a ground mount as part to the equipment and my electric bill is for only $5.

Awesome to hear that!

Jeanette Lawson
October 4th, 2017 Jessup, MD

Overall, my experience has been wonderful. Their representatives answered all of my questions and I got everything they guaranteed. I'm not paying the electric bill. I'm getting a refund and I have been getting a credits for the last 4 months. They had the best quotes from the engineers. Richard, the sales man, was excellent - helped me understand everything. Great sales man and great technicians. Keep doing everything you do!

Carol Duffy
October 4th, 2017 Ellicott City, MD

It helps to reduce the energy bills and they have the right price. Their team was good and gave us information we needed and answered all of our questions.

Brenda Clark
October 4th, 2017 Glen Burnie, MD

My experience has been fair. It does help me to save electricity. However, their lack of communication and paperwork process is inadequate.

Betty Jeter-Hicks
October 4th, 2017 Accokeek, MD

Everything was just wonderful, they were very professional, and they did a beautiful job and my life bill is now happy. I've recommend Solar Energy World to my friends, you can't go wrong on that.

Marc Riley
October 4th, 2017 Elkridge, MD

The installation was quick and easy. I haven''t had any issues. However, my neighbor got the system but did not get the monitoring that comes with the Solar Edge App because they did not even offer to him. They did not know about it so they didn''t get all of the benefits that I have received.

Dale Roe
October 4th, 2017 Hurlock, MD

It has been a good experience. We haven''t had an electric bill since we installed it.

Kenneth Pfeifer
October 4th, 2017 Ellicott City, MD

Now I have lower energy cost and it decreases the impact on the environment. This is a company that is very responsive and they have a good approach.

Keith Swarthout
October 4th, 2017 Davidsonville, MD

Lower cost of operation and lower bills. Keep up the good work!

Robert Ferebee
October 4th, 2017 Burtonsville, MD

I picked them because I''ll pay a flat rate over the next 20 years. It doesn't increase as the rate of power increases and it didn't have an escalator cost. The service has been pretty smooth, easy going, and flawless. My power bills have been reduced to only $8. We had an incident where our box went down for two weeks and we did not know until I went outside and noticed that there was no power. They should be a little bit more attentive to their monitoring and make sure things are working properly.