Solar Energy World has performed thousands of custom solar installations since opening its doors in 2009 and is one of the fastest growing, locally owned and operated solar companies in Maryland, New Jersey, and the DC metro area.

Committed to protecting the environment, reducing carbon dioxide emissions, and promoting clean, renewable energy, Solar Energy World provides sustainable energy solutions for homeowners that include high quality products guaranteed to operate efficiently and remain safe for the environment over their entire lifetime.

The clean energy company takes pride in its turnkey approach to solar power and handles every step of the process from planning to installation.

The Good

• Straightforward Solar Process
  • Variety of Payment Options
  • High Quality Solar Power Equipment
  • Remote System Monitoring
  • Comprehensive Warranty
  • Paperwork Assistance
  • Experienced In-House Installers
  • Referral Program

Straightforward Solar Process

Solar Energy World strives to make the solar panel installation process as smooth and simple as possible for its customers.

First, a Solar Energy World representative will provide a free solar analysis and share information about incentives, payment options, and more.

Once the customer has received an analysis and decided to move forward, a certified Solar Energy World technician will visit the home to confirm measurements and energy savings, as well as ensure that the appropriate permits have been acquired.

Then, Solar Energy World will complete any necessary paperwork.

After that, the company will start on the installation, which is usually completed within two to three days.

Once the system is installed, Solar Energy World will set up the final inspection with the appropriate municipality or utility company and ensure the customer's system is properly connected to the grid.

Variety of Payment Options

Solar Energy World currently offers three different payment options: outright purchase, loan, and PPA.

Customers who choose to pay for their system in full or take advantage of Solar Energy World's financing will have the opportunity to cash in on Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs) and other federal and state incentives. The average return-on-investment for customers who purchase their systems is typically around 125 percent within 5 to 7 years. In 20 years, homeowners who purchase solar can expect to see a 500 percent ROI.

Customers who choose to go the PPA route can have a system installed on their roof for $0 down. Solar PPA customers will simply pay for the energy being produced by the panels on their roof at a rate of at least 20 percent less than their current monthly electric bill.

High Quality Solar Power Equipment

Solar Energy World has stated that it only installs high-efficiency, best-in-class solar PV panels engineered in Germany, China, and the United States. The company mostly uses solar cells from Hanwa, LG, REC, and Trina.

Both ground mount and rooftop solar systems are available, and each system is custom designed by Solar Energy World's in-house engineers to fit the customer's unique energy needs.

Remote System Monitoring

Solar Energy World remotely monitors every solar system it installs to ensure that the systems are performing correctly. If there is ever a problem with a customer's system, the company will alert them and schedule a service to get things worked out.

In addition to remote monitoring service, Solar Energy World provides each customer with access to monitoring technology so they can check in on their system production and electricity consumption themselves. Customers can access the platform from anywhere in the world using a web-enabled device such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer and see how much power their system is generating in real-time, as well as how much electricity the system has produced over its life.

Comprehensive Warranty

Solar Energy World provides a comprehensive warranty on the installation of all the solar equipment it installs. The length of the installation warranty is dependent upon the warranty of the equipment manufacturer and goes up to 25 years.

Panel and inverter manufacturers provide a warranty on the performance of the solar panels and inverters.

Paperwork Assistance

Solar Energy World takes care of all paperwork and permits for its customers to make sure that the process is hassle-free and the customer receives all tax credits, rebates, and grants that they are entitled to.

Experienced In-House Installers

Solar Energy World does not outsource any of its installations or use subcontractors; instead, all of the company's installers work directly for and are accountable to Solar Energy World to ensure that customers receive superior service. The company's solar installers and crew leaders have had years of prior experience and received intensive solar panel installation training.

Further, during the solar panel installation process, crews are supervised by a Solar Energy World NABCEP-certified solar designer and installer, as well as a Solar Energy World licensed master electrician.

Referral Program

Solar Energy World offers a referral program that even non-customers can participate in. Those who are customers of Solar Energy World can receive $500 for each referral who installs a solar system that is 6 kW or larger and $300 for each referral who installs a 4 kW to 5 kW system.

Non-customers will receive $250 for each referral who installs a solar system that is 6 kW or larger and $150 for each referral who installs a 4 kW to 5 kW system. There is no cap on referrals, so an individual may refer as many people as they wish.

Interested in doing business with Solar Energy World? Click here for more information.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Solar Energy World only offers its services in Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington D.C., so if you live elsewhere, you won't be able to do business with Solar Energy World. While being a local provider has its advantages, it also greatly reduces the number of consumers who have access to the company's services.

The Bottom Line

Solar Energy World has over a decade of experience in the solar industry and strives to make the installation process as smooth as possible for its customers. The renewable energy company offers a number of attractive features, including multiple payment options, high quality equipment, an in-house team of certified installers, system monitoring, a comprehensive warranty, and a referral program. Solar Energy World even offers paperwork assistance, which makes the customer experience simple and hassle-free. Solar Energy World is recommended to consumers who live within its service area of Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington D.C.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar Energy World below.

Kenneth Trythall
March 26th, 2018

We contacted them and another company to see what the options were. We made an appointment, they showed up, and we just liked what they had to say, so we signed up. I like everything about them and the way they do business The management team was great. They did everything they said they were going to do and in the time they said they'd do it. The installation went smoothly. In 2 days they got everything done and were very professional. I can't say enough good things about the team. Now my electric bill is virtually non existent.

Mark Coyle
March 26th, 2018 Parkville, MD

Everything has been excellent. They have been great to deal with and installation went smoothly. I haven't seen much benefits yet but it's still winter time.

David
March 26th, 2018 Laurel, MD

The people that managed everything were excellent. The installation itself went smoothly. They were very proactive about getting things done but were not pushy about it. They kept in touch with me in every step of the way. I haven't received my statement yet, but I'm expecting to receive a smaller electricity bill.

Milton Myers
March 26th, 2018 Woodbine, MD

We had already seen information from other solar companies, but their numbers were all fictitious. That's why when the salesman for Solar Energy World came around and showed us good numbers, we went with it. Installation was odd. I don't think they gave us a date for when they would show up. We just woke up one day and they were working in our roof. They stayed and made sure that things were finished before wrapping up the last check. They had to come back on the next day since there was a component, a cellular modem, that was harder to install. For the most part it went well, but one of the electricians almost burst the geothermal in our house. They didn't ask us if we had anything buried or checked with our utilities to notify them or anything. They just went and put rods in the ground right next to it. Luckily enough it didn't break. Still, it reduced my energy bill for the month of January, that has helped a lot since it has been really cold

Neary Alguard
March 26th, 2018 Clarksburg, MD

We just started running it, but they have been very good and professional. They did a good job overall. Honestly though I don't like the app that you use to log in and watch energy performance. It's very limited.

Nayan Shah
March 26th, 2018 Boyds, MD

I got quotes from several different companies and they were one of the most compelling options in terms of the costs and the warranty that they had. The installation was flawless and done in one day. I have been very satisfied with their people, they have been very professional, courteous, and prompt. I've already seen a decrease in my bills and I really love depending more on green energy. The one thing we were hoping to get that they do not have was a programmable thermostat that you can control from an app. Other companies offered that but they didn't have it. Still, we're fully satisfied with it.

P.O.
March 26th, 2018 Cambridge, MD

I felt pretty confident in the sales representative that I talked to, so I just went with it. The management team was very professional. They came out to do the survey and kept me informed throughout the entire project. Afterwards, they also followed up and made sure that everything was still going well. The installation was very easy. It took them 3 days to do it but they did that despite the fact it was rainy most of the time. They just got the job done. They had electricians and installers putting down the ground lines and everything. They did everything well and were very efficient. I've seen some benefits to having the panels, they do very well when it's sunny out. I can't control the weather though and lately it has been unusually cloudy. I'm still very pleased with it.

Nicholas Govoruhk
March 26th, 2018 Lexington Park, MD

I decided based on the reviews I read online. Both the management team and installation crew were excellent. Even though we had really bad weather, they worked hard and got things installed on time. I've noticed a slight decrease in my electric bill but, as I said, the weather has not been too great. It has been pretty cloudy, but once it starts getting warmer I'm expecting to see better results.

Philip Sardelis
March 26th, 2018 Upper Marlboro, MD

The presentation that they gave was pretty good and gave me all the information that I needed to make my decision. The whole process was awesome. The sales person that I talked to was very knowledgeable and kept me notified of everything throughout the whole thing. She was actually there during the installation too. It made me feel that there was always someone there to make sure that things were done right. So far I've gotten 3 bills and all of them have been for $99. Now that the daylight is going to be out for longer I expect the panels to provide much more energy.

Patricia Heffron
March 26th, 2018 Chevy Chase, MD

One of the bigger reasons why I picked them was that the installation was free and there was no big upfront cost. They have been great and explained everything to me. If I ever need to contact them, they respond quickly. I was not here during the installation but from what I heard it was all done very quickly. It took them less than a day to do it. They did everything and cleaned up any mess they may have made very well. Now I don't have an electric bill anymore.

Robert Barsy
March 26th, 2018 Rhodesdale, MD

What convinced me of going with them was just the cost of doing business. They have all been very professional. It has saved me some money already.

Thomas Shenk
March 26th, 2018 Huntingtown, MD

I signed up with them because they had the best deal and have premium customer service folks. My experience has been very positive. The installation was quick and painless and now my electric bill has been reduced by about 50%.

S. Salvador
March 26th, 2018 Silver Spring, MD

They got the panels installed in a very efficient and timely manner. So far we're seeing some savings because of it. Though they need to let customers know that they have to contact the energy company before switching, especially when they're on a tighter budget or pay the hourly rate.

March 26th, 2018 Saint Inigoes Shores, MD

We picked them because of the sales person that we talked to and the products that they offered. They have been very good. They've come when they said they were going to come and have done what they said they would do. It has lowered my electric bill already.

Sandra Kelly
March 26th, 2018 Clinton, MD

They were going around calling people and I since they seemed reasonable in terms of ideas and prices, I decided to get them. I haven't had any problems with them so far. One good thing about it was that recently, during a big storm, a lot of people lost electricity in their houses. I didn't lose mine and was very happy about that.

Liki Chan
March 26th, 2018 Bryans Road, MD

The installation was fast and we have been paying a lower price for our electricity.

Kristopher Perkins
March 26th, 2018 Capitol Heights, MD

I decided to sign up with them because of all the reviews and good feedback they had online. They have been very good and the installation was very easy. It has saved me money.

Donald Price
March 26th, 2018 Nottingham, MD

I guess it has been ok so far. They should give better explanations of how everything works. It'd be good to know what the installed equipment does and how to check it. I haven't had it operating for long enough to have any benefits from it.

Debra
March 26th, 2018 Gaithersburg, MD

I compared them with 2 other companies and since they offered the best product for the best price, I signed up. So far they have been excellent to work with. They were very efficient and communicated well with me. The installation was fine too. They came and informed me of every step they took. Once their business was done, they left and we had no problems. Going with them was a good decision, I've seen savings on my energy bill every month.

TF
March 26th, 2018 Damascus, MD

So far everything has been very good. It's a bit too soon to see any benefits from it though. The only slightly negative thing so far has been that the person that came to do the installation on the attic left finger prints on the access panel.

Karen Wright
March 26th, 2018 Ridgely, MD

They still have to come out and replace something on the panels but everything has been good so far. For now things seem to good, it has made a bit of a difference in our bill but not much.

Celestine Rupert
March 26th, 2018 Owings Mills, MD

I signed up since they explained their product well and it looked like they could help me lower my bills. They have been very professional. I haven't had it long enough to see any benefits though.

Bruce Jones
March 26th, 2018 Hanover, MD

I did research on some solar energy magazines and websites. From that it just seemed like they offered the best service for our area and in the country in general, so I signed up. So far everything has been good, the installation itself just took one day. The one problem was that the process, from the time I started the paperwork to the time everything was installed, took an extremely long time. I'm still waiting on a post installation that was promised to me...Still, my electric bill from BG&E has already been cut by one third. Of course, this time of the year the sun is minimal, but once we get into the summer months I expect to save a lot more.

Lucian Lu
March 26th, 2018 Silver Spring, MD

I compared, researched online and picked them because they had the best price and a lot of positive testimonies from other customers. I think they've done a good job. They are generally very responsive and knowledgeable. They answered any question that came up promptly. When it came to the forms and tax information though they were a little slow. The installation was a pretty efficient process and it went without a problem. Currently it's saving us around 900 ' 1000 kilowatts of energy a day. In the long term it can save us a lot of money.

Bob Jones
October 24th, 2017 Stevensville, MD DETAILS

Reliable. Communicated well. Everything was done as explained and expected.

Peter M
October 24th, 2017 Hyattsville, MD DETAILS

Solar Energy worked with me on the system i needed

James Bonnell
October 24th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD DETAILS

They installed the system as promised and were available to answer questions thereafter.

Dont know
October 16th, 2017 Chevy Chase, MD

On balance they are a good company that I would recommend. But, a little remiss in keeping customers informed. Further, it has been 10 pos since my system was running and I have still not received my MD subsidy payment

Mary
October 16th, 2017 Hanover, MD

Everything went as presented. Very professional crews sand staff

John F Campbell
October 16th, 2017 Oxon Hill, MD

Honest and straight forward with me and have a good product to talk about

Mike Mrozek
October 16th, 2017 Glen Burnie, MD

They were up front and did everything they said would be done

Don Meyers
October 16th, 2017 Bethesda, MD

Did great job and I'm saving money. Plus I'm using less fossil fuels.

Gina falick

They delivered everything they said they wood. Electric bill decreased 60%

Rose Gallagher
October 16th, 2017 Baltimore, MD

No problems, happy with the panels. Would rate very high..

Bethany Radin
October 16th, 2017 Catonsville, MD

Never returned my email. Very disappointing because I love the actual solar panels

Mar 19, 2019

We apologize that your experience was not optimum and assure you this is not typical of the customer feedback we usually receive. Please let us know how we can resolve any issues you may have.

Andre Muhammad
October 16th, 2017 Baltimore, MD

They gave me more solar panels than the competition. As a result I have seen a tremendous decrease in my electric bill. I have another reason to smile on sunny days.

Nathaniel Morris
October 16th, 2017 Herndon, VA

Very satisfied with the product and initial installation

Tommy Anderson
October 16th, 2017 Cambridge, MD

For 3 months my phone does not report usuage. I have called 4 times with no results

Grant Arnold
October 16th, 2017 Washington, DC

Low price for high quality work. Installation happened in one day. Very helpful through most of the process, including applying for the MEA grant. -1 Star because it took a long time from signature to turn-on (might not be Solar Energy World's fault), and some communications difficulties regarding SRECs and permits.

none
October 16th, 2017 Poolesville, MD

installation quality and performance xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jim Hanson
October 16th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

They were great, from start to finish. All employees were courteous and professional. Highly recommend!

Fred
October 16th, 2017 Bethesda, MD

Good sales pitch, slight delay in some follow up after sale.

richard protner
October 16th, 2017 Waldorf, MD

great product. terific poeple . lowered bill. looks good

Happy in HdG
October 16th, 2017 Aberdeen, MD

Excellent performance the past 6 months.

Highly Satisfied Customer
October 16th, 2017 Westminster, MD

everything seems great except the amount of solar has been less than expected

Lazar
October 16th, 2017 Baltimore, MD

Very nice since some of the mgrs changed.

Bryan
October 16th, 2017 Glen Burnie, MD

Great customer service the tax credit I get is pretty nice

Emmanuel Lamptey
October 16th, 2017 Hyattsville, MD

I like the timely response of the individual. He showed up on time and we discussed the fine details and then put a plan in motion. we followed it to completion and was able to recommmend others.

Matt
October 16th, 2017 Manchester, MD

They did fine job, the timeline for installation was longer then reviewed, but that were other parties involved we had to wait on.

Denise Maurer
October 16th, 2017 Herndon, VA

All aspects of the sale and installation were handled professionally.