Solar Energy World has performed thousands of custom solar installations since opening its doors in 2009 and is one of the fastest growing, locally owned and operated solar companies in Maryland, New Jersey, and the DC metro area.

Committed to protecting the environment, reducing carbon dioxide emissions, and promoting clean, renewable energy, Solar Energy World provides sustainable energy solutions for homeowners that include high quality products guaranteed to operate efficiently and remain safe for the environment over their entire lifetime.

The clean energy company takes pride in its turnkey approach to solar power and handles every step of the process from planning to installation.

The Good

• Straightforward Solar Process
  • Variety of Payment Options
  • High Quality Solar Power Equipment
  • Remote System Monitoring
  • Comprehensive Warranty
  • Paperwork Assistance
  • Experienced In-House Installers
  • Referral Program

Straightforward Solar Process

Solar Energy World strives to make the solar panel installation process as smooth and simple as possible for its customers.

First, a Solar Energy World representative will provide a free solar analysis and share information about incentives, payment options, and more.

Once the customer has received an analysis and decided to move forward, a certified Solar Energy World technician will visit the home to confirm measurements and energy savings, as well as ensure that the appropriate permits have been acquired.

Then, Solar Energy World will complete any necessary paperwork.

After that, the company will start on the installation, which is usually completed within two to three days.

Once the system is installed, Solar Energy World will set up the final inspection with the appropriate municipality or utility company and ensure the customer's system is properly connected to the grid.

Variety of Payment Options

Solar Energy World currently offers three different payment options: outright purchase, loan, and PPA.

Customers who choose to pay for their system in full or take advantage of Solar Energy World's financing will have the opportunity to cash in on Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs) and other federal and state incentives. The average return-on-investment for customers who purchase their systems is typically around 125 percent within 5 to 7 years. In 20 years, homeowners who purchase solar can expect to see a 500 percent ROI.

Customers who choose to go the PPA route can have a system installed on their roof for $0 down. Solar PPA customers will simply pay for the energy being produced by the panels on their roof at a rate of at least 20 percent less than their current monthly electric bill.

High Quality Solar Power Equipment

Solar Energy World has stated that it only installs high-efficiency, best-in-class solar PV panels engineered in Germany, China, and the United States. The company mostly uses solar cells from Hanwa, LG, REC, and Trina.

Both ground mount and rooftop solar systems are available, and each system is custom designed by Solar Energy World's in-house engineers to fit the customer's unique energy needs.

Remote System Monitoring

Solar Energy World remotely monitors every solar system it installs to ensure that the systems are performing correctly. If there is ever a problem with a customer's system, the company will alert them and schedule a service to get things worked out.

In addition to remote monitoring service, Solar Energy World provides each customer with access to monitoring technology so they can check in on their system production and electricity consumption themselves. Customers can access the platform from anywhere in the world using a web-enabled device such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer and see how much power their system is generating in real-time, as well as how much electricity the system has produced over its life.

Comprehensive Warranty

Solar Energy World provides a comprehensive warranty on the installation of all the solar equipment it installs. The length of the installation warranty is dependent upon the warranty of the equipment manufacturer and goes up to 25 years.

Panel and inverter manufacturers provide a warranty on the performance of the solar panels and inverters.

Paperwork Assistance

Solar Energy World takes care of all paperwork and permits for its customers to make sure that the process is hassle-free and the customer receives all tax credits, rebates, and grants that they are entitled to.

Experienced In-House Installers

Solar Energy World does not outsource any of its installations or use subcontractors; instead, all of the company's installers work directly for and are accountable to Solar Energy World to ensure that customers receive superior service. The company's solar installers and crew leaders have had years of prior experience and received intensive solar panel installation training.

Further, during the solar panel installation process, crews are supervised by a Solar Energy World NABCEP-certified solar designer and installer, as well as a Solar Energy World licensed master electrician.

Referral Program

Solar Energy World offers a referral program that even non-customers can participate in. Those who are customers of Solar Energy World can receive $500 for each referral who installs a solar system that is 6 kW or larger and $300 for each referral who installs a 4 kW to 5 kW system.

Non-customers will receive $250 for each referral who installs a solar system that is 6 kW or larger and $150 for each referral who installs a 4 kW to 5 kW system. There is no cap on referrals, so an individual may refer as many people as they wish.

Interested in doing business with Solar Energy World? Click here for more information.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Solar Energy World only offers its services in Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington D.C., so if you live elsewhere, you won't be able to do business with Solar Energy World. While being a local provider has its advantages, it also greatly reduces the number of consumers who have access to the company's services.

The Bottom Line

Solar Energy World has over a decade of experience in the solar industry and strives to make the installation process as smooth as possible for its customers. The renewable energy company offers a number of attractive features, including multiple payment options, high quality equipment, an in-house team of certified installers, system monitoring, a comprehensive warranty, and a referral program. Solar Energy World even offers paperwork assistance, which makes the customer experience simple and hassle-free. Solar Energy World is recommended to consumers who live within its service area of Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington D.C.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar Energy World below.

Christopher Morton
October 4th, 2017 Bryantown, MD

No down-payment to get service, lower electric bills.

Jonathan Crill
October 4th, 2017

They were excellent, and they went above and beyond what I expected. They kept in communication the whole time and just everything went very smoothly. They told me what they were gonna do and they did what they said they going do. The installation was flawless. The guy showed up and they laid out the schematic for me to review one last time before they did their work. They showed me exactly where the component was going to go and what exactly it would look like.

Mark Roush
October 4th, 2017 Sandy Spring, MD

We are generating clean energy and our electric bill has gone down. They''re a local company and they offered a better price than their competitors. Our experience has been fabulous, easy, and we're happy that and they took care of all the details.

Thank you very much!

Arthur Mccloud
October 4th, 2017 Upper Marlboro, MD

They were extremely customer orientated, very informative, great personalities and were very down to earth. They gave me the best deal so that's why I went with Solar Energy. So far, my experience has been exceptional and I''ve seen a tremendous decrease in my electric bill. Keep doing what you''re doing!

Bhumija Gupta
October 4th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

We have lower energy bills. However they should have a little bit more of communication with us.

Mar 19, 2019

Thanks for the valuable feedback.

Nancy Phillips
October 4th, 2017 Joppa, MD

I had a bad experience with the previous company and I wanted a local company that I felt would be responsive. With Solar Energy World and their management team, the experience has been magnificent. The financial benefits are way better than what I expected. I''m very pleased with it.

Thank you very much!

Kenneth Kahl
October 4th, 2017 Nottingham, MD

Their representatives are very informative and they gave me the best price. The installers are very clean. They did a great job and our electric bill is zero. I really haven''t had any problem with the system.

Nancy Fox
October 4th, 2017 Still Pond, MD

The installation process took a while but that was because of permits and all of that. Once the installers got there, they were very cooperative and worked quite quickly. Rhere were couple of items that needed to be revisited, but overall they were great. They presented the information thoroughly and did not play games. So far, we have had humongous savings for two thirds of my bills.

Everardo Casillas
October 4th, 2017 Millington, MD

The most important thing on earth is to be doing something for your planet, and for me they''re great because they''re thinking green. The installation process was excellent. They were really cautious about everything, fast, and right on time. Financially, I've been saving a quite a few hundreds of dollars since I had it.

David Benson
October 4th, 2017 Hanover, MD

They''re great and they have the best price. My only suggestion is that they should have a quicker installation process. Other than it''s been good because it helped to reduce our utility bills.

Dave Yeung
October 4th, 2017 Gaithersburg, MD

They were the most responsive in the terms if getting back to us, the quickest and they also offer the best pricing. It''s been excellent and our bill has decreased.

Paul Holmes
October 4th, 2017 Preston, MD

I had a neighbor that already was getting solar panels installed. So I talked to one of their representatives and decided to go with them. They did an outstanding job. The installation was great and they explained everything that they were doing. My bill is already cut in half. My only suggestion is that they should advertise more for the company. I''ve only seen few ads.

Nancy Trembley
October 4th, 2017 Fort Washington, MD

Their representative explained everything that I had questions about. The installation process was great: 5 days installing a 78 panels system. They put the rails down and put all the panels in place. In July and August we produced more energy than what we were using. We haven't seen an electric bill in 3 months and that's amazing because we had currents going into the grid. The only problem I had once is that one day there were some delays involving my wife getting information and they would have to be forwarded to me. If only they could set two email addresses per account that would be faster.

Guy Hamlin
October 4th, 2017 Denton, MD

I have seen my monthly bills lowering, which is a blessing. It''s been a very good experience.

Paul Keimig
October 4th, 2017 Westminster, MD

Low electric bills from BG&E and their transmission chargesare areound $8.25. I am improving credit ever since I chose Solar Energy World. Everything has been good. The installation went fast and clean. A company that turned out to be better than its competitors.

Harvey Taylor
October 4th, 2017 Conowingo, MD

I was under the impression that I would have no bills whatsoever. However, that's not exactly how it turned out. I still get a small bill from my electric power company. I was surprised by that. I would have liked it if they had been clear about that possibility from the beginning.

Mar 19, 2019

Thank you for the feedback.

Holly Ollom
October 4th, 2017 Leonardtown, MD

I chose them because they didn't charge us any fee for kilowatt per hour. The service is good and the installation process was fast. Now I pay less for my electricity bill. It took me a while to install their app on my work phone and it didn't work at first. Now it's all good.

Chintu Sharma
October 4th, 2017 Brookeville, MD

They were great, very informative and answered questions promptly. The process was really quick, it only took one day. My energy costs have also gone down.

MK
October 4th, 2017 Windsor Mill, MD

I would say I was completely satisfied. I had a large amount of panels to install but they seemed to do the job quite well and very efficiently. For the most part I've had some terrific savings in my electricity costs. The only thing is that I receive a lot of calls about my status and I'd like them to stop calling me.

Dave Harding
October 4th, 2017 Edgewood, MD

A lot of other companies that handled solar told me that I didn't have enough pitched to my roof for them to install one. Solar Energy World said no problem and they did it. They were great. The installation was out of this world, they were just in and out, leaving no mess. They were very polite. I haven't had an electric bill since I installed it on my house. I'm very pleased with what I have.

Lucia Protani
October 4th, 2017 Essex, MD

Their presentation, pricing, and quality of the product was what convinced us. It is excellent and the installation process was very fast, efficient, and excellent. We have virtually no PG and E bill. They provide a good product.

Joe Winchester
October 4th, 2017 Clinton, MD

My experience has been good. The installation was very good as well. But so far we haven't see too much of a difference in bills.

George Williams
October 4th, 2017 Cambridge, MD

They were very responsive and the installation was very good. The electric bills are considerably lower.

Heidi Kimble
October 4th, 2017 Denton, MD

We spoke to other companies but Solar Energy World was the cheapest and they could install the panels on the ground. It was very good and the installation was very easy.

Stephen Wilson
October 4th, 2017 Westminster, MD

They gave the best presentation and made it all as clear and understandable as possible. They have been very informative and communicative in every step of the way. The installation crew they have is very clean, polite, and professional. We've only had it running for a couple of months but our electric bill has dropped significantly. Everything seems to be doing great considering my whole house runs on electricity. If I had to do it all over again, I would still definitely pick them.

James Curtis
October 4th, 2017 Upper Marlboro, MD

They were wonderful, and the installation looks good to me. Though I haven't seen any benefit at all.

Mar 19, 2019

Terrific to hear that but why just one star?

John Shen
October 4th, 2017 Boyds, MD

The transaction was smooth, there was no fines or complications. My monthly electric bill went down and it looks good to me.

Dana Dembrow
October 4th, 2017 Sykesville, MD

My experience with them and the installation has been very good. I'm currently checking for savings, but I'm not sure if I'm getting them.

P.J.
October 4th, 2017 Street, MD

The sales person was really good and beat the competition in price and quality. They did a good job with the installation, I'll tell you that. The product was very good as well and the cost in my energy bill was significantly less. I think they need to advertise more.

Andrew Kim
October 4th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

The experience and installation were great. We are getting lower electricity bills.

David Fricke
October 4th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

I chose them because they were bold and very competitive. The service and installation are good. The only benefit I've seen is that it saves me money.

Tim Jackson
October 4th, 2017 Lusby, MD

The installation was really good. They were very nice and everything went smoothly. We definitely have a lot lower energy bill.

Gregory Rodgers
October 4th, 2017 Gaithersburg, MD

My experience with them has been really good. My bill has gone down. The only thing is that I wish they had cleaned up better after installing the panels. I'm still finding little pieces of metal in my yard.

Ron Shuey
October 4th, 2017 Annapolis, MD

The salesman explained everything extremely well and the price was better than what I had seen. The installation went reasonably well, it just took them a long time to get out. After that everything went extremely well. Despite having a relatively small set of panels, we hardly had any electric bill for the whole year.

Rick Galliher
October 4th, 2017 Middletown, MD

Everything has been quick and easy. Our bills have gone down.

Diane Hood
October 4th, 2017 Severn, MD

I liked their presentation and honesty. My experience, along with the installation, has been good. We have lower bills.

Tim Roman
October 4th, 2017 Glen Burnie, MD

Solar Energy World was the only company that was amenable to us buying the panel system outright. The experience has been excellent. During the installation the people were very respectful of our property and it was all very simple and easy. We now have lower energy bills.

Bob Tisone
October 4th, 2017 Sykesville, MD

The product and installation have been good. We have a lower electricity cost.

Jose Amaya
October 4th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

The service has been good. The installation was perfect as well. I haven't received my bills yet, but I think it's gonna be good.

Altaf Mohamed
October 4th, 2017 Bethesda, MD

The service and installation were good, but I haven't had any benefits from my money.

Tracy Jones
October 4th, 2017 Glen Burnie, MD

My experience was good. It has been a while since they installed, but it went well. I have had some savings.

Lester Riddle
October 4th, 2017 Elkridge, MD

We chose them because they were local and had good feedback from the people who had used it. They did a great job, they were always responsive and ready to answer any questions we had. The installation was smooth and they were efficient. They came up to us, told us exactly what they were gonna do and we didn't have any problems. We have a lower electricity bill.

Peggy Ford
October 4th, 2017 Round Hill, VA

I chose them because they are local and they have been very nice. They know their product well. The installation was seamless, simple, and easy. We had a decrease in the electric bill. They were awesome to work with.

Douglas Wilson
October 4th, 2017 Laurel, MD

The service is excellent and the installation was outstanding. They do a great job. So far we had a lower cost as far as the electric bill goes.

N Aist
October 4th, 2017 Mechanicsville, MD

I didn't know anything about solar, but they got all my questions answered and they seemed to know what they were talking about. The installation went very well. I think I had a good discount somewhere on my electric bill. Other than that, I think they should get their act together organization-wise and do a little better at that, but I know it's a new project too.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edwin Ewing
October 4th, 2017 Bowie, MD

It has been very good, when they said it's gonna happen, it happened. Installing the panels was quick and easy. Our electricity bills have dropped significantly and we no longer have power outages.

James Taylor
October 4th, 2017 Chester, MD

My electric bill was getting too high, but now I don't pay anything. They did a great job installing it in one move and it is still working. I think more people should get it.

John Smith
October 4th, 2017 Takoma Park, MD

The experience has been great and we had a zero dollar energy bill. I have no complains with them, I thought they did a great job and their system is working great.

Sylvia Barizo
October 4th, 2017 Rockville, MD

Management was very kind and made things very clear. They were really helpful. We have had lower electric bills and I can use more of my electricity now.

Robert Randolph
October 4th, 2017 Laurel, MD

Our project management team was okay but there were issues with the roof. Since I couldn't go up, one of my neighbors who was putting on a new roof did us the favor of taking pictures of our roof. There were holes in the places where the installers had considered installing the panels. After they changed their position, they left the old holes there. It was a concern because there were also some damaged shingles and we thought water would filter through the holes. Apparently someone came to fix that but I haven't been told anything and since I can't access the roof I don't know what it looks like. Other than that I haven't really seen the benefits from the panels yet. My utility bill is still higher than the summer before when I had no panels. I wish they had advised me better about the position of the panels because I think the trees behind my house block the sun. They told me to wait a bit longer since the savings spread over the whole year but I'm just not happy with the savings so far.

Mar 19, 2019

We apologize that your experience was not optimum and assure you this is not typical of the customer feedback we usually receive. Please let us know how we can resolve any issues you may have.