Solar Energy World has performed thousands of custom solar installations since opening its doors in 2009 and is one of the fastest growing, locally owned and operated solar companies in Maryland, New Jersey, and the DC metro area.

Committed to protecting the environment, reducing carbon dioxide emissions, and promoting clean, renewable energy, Solar Energy World provides sustainable energy solutions for homeowners that include high quality products guaranteed to operate efficiently and remain safe for the environment over their entire lifetime.

The clean energy company takes pride in its turnkey approach to solar power and handles every step of the process from planning to installation.

The Good

• Straightforward Solar Process
  • Variety of Payment Options
  • High Quality Solar Power Equipment
  • Remote System Monitoring
  • Comprehensive Warranty
  • Paperwork Assistance
  • Experienced In-House Installers
  • Referral Program

Straightforward Solar Process

Solar Energy World strives to make the solar panel installation process as smooth and simple as possible for its customers.

First, a Solar Energy World representative will provide a free solar analysis and share information about incentives, payment options, and more.

Once the customer has received an analysis and decided to move forward, a certified Solar Energy World technician will visit the home to confirm measurements and energy savings, as well as ensure that the appropriate permits have been acquired.

Then, Solar Energy World will complete any necessary paperwork.

After that, the company will start on the installation, which is usually completed within two to three days.

Once the system is installed, Solar Energy World will set up the final inspection with the appropriate municipality or utility company and ensure the customer's system is properly connected to the grid.

Variety of Payment Options

Solar Energy World currently offers three different payment options: outright purchase, loan, and PPA.

Customers who choose to pay for their system in full or take advantage of Solar Energy World's financing will have the opportunity to cash in on Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs) and other federal and state incentives. The average return-on-investment for customers who purchase their systems is typically around 125 percent within 5 to 7 years. In 20 years, homeowners who purchase solar can expect to see a 500 percent ROI.

Customers who choose to go the PPA route can have a system installed on their roof for $0 down. Solar PPA customers will simply pay for the energy being produced by the panels on their roof at a rate of at least 20 percent less than their current monthly electric bill.

High Quality Solar Power Equipment

Solar Energy World has stated that it only installs high-efficiency, best-in-class solar PV panels engineered in Germany, China, and the United States. The company mostly uses solar cells from Hanwa, LG, REC, and Trina.

Both ground mount and rooftop solar systems are available, and each system is custom designed by Solar Energy World's in-house engineers to fit the customer's unique energy needs.

Remote System Monitoring

Solar Energy World remotely monitors every solar system it installs to ensure that the systems are performing correctly. If there is ever a problem with a customer's system, the company will alert them and schedule a service to get things worked out.

In addition to remote monitoring service, Solar Energy World provides each customer with access to monitoring technology so they can check in on their system production and electricity consumption themselves. Customers can access the platform from anywhere in the world using a web-enabled device such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer and see how much power their system is generating in real-time, as well as how much electricity the system has produced over its life.

Comprehensive Warranty

Solar Energy World provides a comprehensive warranty on the installation of all the solar equipment it installs. The length of the installation warranty is dependent upon the warranty of the equipment manufacturer and goes up to 25 years.

Panel and inverter manufacturers provide a warranty on the performance of the solar panels and inverters.

Paperwork Assistance

Solar Energy World takes care of all paperwork and permits for its customers to make sure that the process is hassle-free and the customer receives all tax credits, rebates, and grants that they are entitled to.

Experienced In-House Installers

Solar Energy World does not outsource any of its installations or use subcontractors; instead, all of the company's installers work directly for and are accountable to Solar Energy World to ensure that customers receive superior service. The company's solar installers and crew leaders have had years of prior experience and received intensive solar panel installation training.

Further, during the solar panel installation process, crews are supervised by a Solar Energy World NABCEP-certified solar designer and installer, as well as a Solar Energy World licensed master electrician.

Referral Program

Solar Energy World offers a referral program that even non-customers can participate in. Those who are customers of Solar Energy World can receive $500 for each referral who installs a solar system that is 6 kW or larger and $300 for each referral who installs a 4 kW to 5 kW system.

Non-customers will receive $250 for each referral who installs a solar system that is 6 kW or larger and $150 for each referral who installs a 4 kW to 5 kW system. There is no cap on referrals, so an individual may refer as many people as they wish.

Interested in doing business with Solar Energy World? Click here for more information.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Solar Energy World only offers its services in Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington D.C., so if you live elsewhere, you won't be able to do business with Solar Energy World. While being a local provider has its advantages, it also greatly reduces the number of consumers who have access to the company's services.

The Bottom Line

Solar Energy World has over a decade of experience in the solar industry and strives to make the installation process as smooth as possible for its customers. The renewable energy company offers a number of attractive features, including multiple payment options, high quality equipment, an in-house team of certified installers, system monitoring, a comprehensive warranty, and a referral program. Solar Energy World even offers paperwork assistance, which makes the customer experience simple and hassle-free. Solar Energy World is recommended to consumers who live within its service area of Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington D.C.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar Energy World below.

Jeremy Stover
October 4th, 2017 Great Mills, MD

Unlike other companies we looked at, Solar Energy World was the best overall. Their representative was friendly and the knowledge was there. They were able to answer all of my questions. The installation was quick, efficient, and easy and they were also very dedicated. They were here until 7:30 at night for 2 nights in a row to get the stuff done. Our electricity bill has gone down and we've been able to provide most of our electricity through solar panels. We're pleased that we're using cleaner energy. The only thing I'd like to ask them is to give the option to purchase a little sooner than every 5 years. Maybe every 2-3 years paying up and the option to purchase the system would be best.

Sherwin Douglas
October 4th, 2017 Indian Head, MD

We're pretty happy with it, we don't have any complains. My husband was there during the installation process and it seems that it was seamless. He didn't have any issues. Our electricity bill has been cut tremendously. Just keep doing what you guys are doing in making proud and happy customers.

G.H. or Anonymous
October 4th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

I have had a very good experience with management and with the installation. My electric bills and dependency on utility electricity have reduced.

Thank you very much!

Darrow Jackson
October 4th, 2017 Bowie, MD

Dealing with project management was very good. It was a well organized project and I was well informed from start to finish. They contacted me, scheduled it, made the appointment time, and if anything had to change they did a good job following through with us. Installation was very methodical and I was very pleased with them. My only complain is that it took a long time to get it started because they seemed to be overbooked. Once they got started though they finished in the set amount of time. As for savings, I went from paying an average of $300 a month to $110 in the past year. I only wish they advertised better or offered more rewards for referrals. Since it's a great product and it helps the environment, I'd like to see Solar Energy World engage more people so that they make the change. I'm totally satisfied with it.

Reggie Beach-Reid
October 4th, 2017 Severn, MD

Their customer service was really good and I like the panels that they use. The project management and installation were both great. I have seen a drastic reduction in my bill, especially in the spring and fall. Keep doing what you're doing.

Jared Steffy
October 4th, 2017 Adamstown, MD

They were responsive and the service in managing the project and installing it was great and very professional. We have seen savings in our electric bill. Keep up the good work.

Steve Whiteford
October 4th, 2017 Pasadena, MD

The service and installation was very good. It was all quick and easy, I didn't have to do anything. The installation team did everything in a couple of hours. It saves us money, and the system is pretty self sufficient.

Richard Bartman
October 4th, 2017 Bowie, MD

I can't remember the name of the project manager but they were really nice and helpful. It was all painless. The system has been very reliable and I haven't had any problem with it. We have been trying to save for a long time and for the last 3 months I haven't paid more money for electricity. Please keep going with what you are doing, I'd like to recommend some of my neighbors in the future when I get the chance to socialize more.

G.B. or Anonymous
October 4th, 2017 Vienna, MD

I had a great experience with no problems. I didn't see any problems or issues with the installation, it looks solid and good on the house.

Thomas Harlan
October 4th, 2017 Centreville, MD

I received something in the mail from Solar Energy. I had never heard of them, but they got me thinking so I looked it up. From the feedback I saw, it looked stronger and better than its competitors so I contacted them, set up an appointment, and talked to them. The people there all seemed to know what they were doing. So far according to the meter they put on the house the system has generated more electricity than what we use. I recommended Solar Energy World for a presentation at the local rotary club and they made a really good impression. It was extremely valuable for them. I only had one issue with the contractor. He damaged the corporate line at the end of the house because he thought it was a root. But it was not a big deal, they resolved the issue.

A.V. Mccoy
October 4th, 2017 Bowie, MD

It has been doing fine. The installation went very quickly. So far the cost of the electricity that I use dropped from 208 to 8 dollars a month, but I'm still paying for the panels.

Josef Brenner
October 4th, 2017 Elkridge, MD

After doing my research and meeting with them, I wasn't disappointed with my decision. The management team is excellent and they kept in contact with me and answered all of my questions. They were with me every step of the way during the process. The installation was very smooth and professional. I couldn't be more pleased. It has drastically reduced my energy cost. They were quick and professional.

Kevin Belsito
October 4th, 2017 Gaithersburg, MD

The project management team was wonderful, very buttoned up, and very professional. The installation was easy and my electric bill went down. Keep up the good work.

Arturo Cazares
October 4th, 2017 Bowie, MD

I consider what Solar Energy World provides superior to the other options available. The installation process was clean and efficient. The back of my house faces south and they installed the panels there. They took all the wires and tubes outside my house and took them all through the attic and down through the interior of my garage. That's where they put the inverter. The outside of my house looks pristine unlike other places that have wires running in every direction. As for saving, I have used my air-conditioning a lot and my rates still went down. I'm saying $101 every month instead of having to pay $400 for my utility bill and I keep the temperature in the house nice and cool at around 72 degrees. I think they should provide current clients with an invitation package to pass on to neighbors so they can get more people to subscribe.

F.P.
October 4th, 2017 Boyds, MD

The project management was good and the installation went perfectly. We are saving money. My only complain is that there should be something like payrolls for what is spent monthly. I think there should be an explanation for why they have claimed this and that. They should implement this now on a monthly basis.

Jerome Swann
October 4th, 2017 Upper Marlboro, MD

They had the best pricing and the best service. Project management was good, they explained everything. The supervisor also helped me out. They took me through every step of the way and told me how to work everything out. For installation everyone showed up on time and their customer service was really good. They were very knowledgeable and got me up and started. It was a really good experience.

Ceria Mitchell
October 4th, 2017 Hanover, MD

The installation team were really really good. They showed up on time and were very courteous and clean. They got the job done. I haven't had to pay any electricity bills other than the connection fee. However I was very dissatisfied to learn that they botched the paperwork for me to get my county credit this year. I should've gotten $2500 off my property taxes but some of the forms they sent out weren't reaching my county and they knew it. They claimed that they submitted these forms in November but didn't follow up with me. I found out because I had to pay those $2500 when I wasn't expecting to. I would rather they had said they didn't have the paperwork so I could've done it myself. Don't rely on them for paperwork.

Mar 19, 2019

We apologize that your experience was not optimum and assure you this is not typical of the customer feedback we usually receive. Please let us know how we can resolve any issues you may have.

Mark Lickliter
October 4th, 2017 Lutherville-Timonium, MD

The prices is what convinced me. The management team was great and the installation was just fine. I no longer get an energy or electric bill.

Charlie Walcott
October 4th, 2017 Lexington Park, MD

The installation was very easy and professional. Now I can use my air-conditioner without worrying about the cost or the electric company. It is economical and I think it's something that everybody should try in order to go green.

Wilson Perez
October 4th, 2017 Pasadena, MD

My experience with project management was good, I had no issues with them. Installation was efficient and fast and I ended up saving on my electricity bill.

Wesley Martin
October 4th, 2017 Hampstead, MD

The project team and the installation people were all excellent. It has dramatically reduced my electric bill.

Ronald Piller
October 4th, 2017 Halethorpe, MD

Project management is excellent and the installation went very smoothly. Our electric bill is going down, now it is nothing. All I'd tell them is to keep doing what they're doing.

Saksovan Thoun
October 4th, 2017 Severn, MD

So far they're doing great. The installation process was not too bad. The only problem I have is with the monitor app, right now they don't have an app for that but I hope the do in the future.

Michael Cooper
October 4th, 2017 Odenton, MD

In one word, it was excellent. I've had savings on my electric bill.

Lloyd Ray
October 4th, 2017 Big Pool, MD

The service was great and installing was a hustle break. My electric bill has reduced but I wish I could add more panels so I could sell the power.

Radine Haynes
October 4th, 2017 Chestertown, MD

It was excellent, they went above and beyond. They answered all my questions and told me exactly how it was done. It was all very fast and my electric bill decreased.

Fred Luddy
October 4th, 2017 Odenton, MD

I chose them because they were local and had very good feedback. They were very good and responsive to my questions. They did exactly what they said they would do. Excellent job installing the panels, they me showed up, dressed professionally, and delivered on time. Electric bills are almost non existent now and I did a credit pack last year on the electric bill.

Joseph Burch
October 4th, 2017 Port Republic, MD

I wanted to have the panels on the ground, and they were willing to put the type of system that I wanted and needed. The project went off exactly in the time frame that they said it would and we never had any real issues. They seemed to be doing everything the way they should.

Cheryl Noble
October 4th, 2017 Brandywine, MD

We like the fact that we can put the panels down in our yard and they can still provide us 100% power. Installation went great, my wife was there for most of it and they never had any problems while they were doing it. They did a great job and finished quickly. The first year we got charged 9 bucks for line fees and the batteries didn't store so much until we built up. Now there ain't no electric bills and we like it. I think they're doing a great job, they should just keep up with what they're doing.

Sheila Conner
October 4th, 2017 Laurel, MD

Everybody was aware of what is going on. When I called to find out when the folks would be coming to install or the status of my roof, I was always answered right away. They were fast, clean, and obviously effective installing the panels. I have a much lower electric bill, I got my money back from the power company.

M.K. or Anonymous
October 4th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

The sales guy was very very articulate and knew their field very well. Project management was very good. Installation was excellent, very fast. I'm still paying as much in electric bill, if not more though.

Ronald Allen
October 4th, 2017 Hurlock, MD

They got me all the answers and they took in my responses. The service was excellent and we didn't see any problems during installation. We have seen a reduction in our electric bill.

Angela Thames
October 4th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

The installation was seamless and went smoothly. My bills lowered but I put in a lot of money in the beginning so I won't see any savings until a few years later. The experience in general has been good, but I'd like them to be explain some things better. I remember them saying something like the federal government would give us this money for green energy. They did not say it was a tax right up. Then we ended up getting it financed through the bank and the rate ended up being 14.75%. I thought that was ridiculous. We had money in the bank so we just paid it. I would have been paying this thing for 20 years if I hadn't done that.

Ray Price
October 4th, 2017 Sykesville, MD

They give me a good plan for my dollars. The installation crew worked as expected. Now I have a reduced electric bill.

Esther Bonner
October 4th, 2017 Aberdeen, MD

I wasn't completely clear about everything in the beginning but I figured it out. The installation was quick, easy, and professionally done. We have smaller electric bills, however I still have a few for the distributor. It was kind of an easy job.

F.C. & Anonymous
October 4th, 2017 Lothian, MD

They were a local company, had some good reviews, and easy to put up. Installation and project were both very good. I get $80.25 for my electricity bill now. They did a good job.

Aaron Ucko
October 4th, 2017 Rockville, MD

We chose it because it had good pricing and they seemed like they'd do a good job. The project and installation staff was very smooth. We have lower bills and it's also good for the environment.

October 4th, 2017 Earleville, MD

They did a fine job, that's all I can say. They were very courteous and polite and the installation guy was great. We have a lower electric bill. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Frederick Christian
October 4th, 2017 Cambridge, MD

Service has been wonderful. I have received a lot of benefits. The only thing is that I referred my neighbor to this service and I was supposed to get $500 for that, but I haven't received it.

Benjamin Brooks
October 4th, 2017 Woodstock, MD

We went to a presentation and Solar Energy World was the most professional looking. The project management team was good. They drew out the layout and told me what to expect. The installation was pretty straightforward and timely. They told me they were going to install and had it completed in the time frame they gave me. I do have a lower utility cost, it dropped about 80% but I thought the bill was going to be zero. The one problem I experienced was the fact that some of my siding was damaged during installation I think. They said it had been damaged before they came, so I went ahead and fixed it. They corrected that a few weeks later and sent me a check to cover the cost. I just wish they had taken the responsibility a little sooner you know. Other than that I was happy with them.

S.K.
October 4th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

The price and service were very good. The installation process was a little longer than what we wanted, but it was OK. We have a lower energy usage now.

M.L.
October 4th, 2017 Highland, MD

Our experience was very positive. Once the installation got on their way, it was good. Now we have lower electrical bills.

Thank you very much!

Anne Small
October 4th, 2017 Annapolis, MD

They did a fine job of keeping things on track and keeping the project moving forward. Installation was very smooth. My electric bills in the past summer months was basically non existent because I chose to purchase the system. The only thing is that I could have used a little more support after the install. I'd liked it if they had given me some more support in understanding the SRAC and how to use solar better.

Purnell Glenn
October 4th, 2017 Middle River, MD

The service was great and very professional.

Michael Macek
October 4th, 2017 Dundalk, MD

Everything has been very good. I got a reduction on my electric bills.

Conchita Watts
October 4th, 2017 Gaithersburg, MD

The project management was excellent. I asked a lot of questions 'cause I didn't know much and I wanted to make sure I knew exactly what I'd be getting. They sat down with me and answered all my questions, I was very pleased. I was also surprised by the installation. It was very organized and neat. They stuck to the schedule and finished on time, my house looked great. The billing is the best part of all. My winter one would usually be like $400, $450, $500 and my summer would be similar because I use a lot of air conditioning. Since I got Solar Energy I have a negative bill from PepCo, I still got $29 on my credit bill. I haven't had to pay a bill in months. I don't have any fears of losing power anymore. I know that when the Sun comes out I will have power, and I have more saved in my home just in case.

Leticia Mcinnis
October 4th, 2017 Upper Marlboro, MD

I went with Solar Energy World to lower my bill and it did just that. The project management team were informative and the installation was efficient.

Mike Hagan
October 4th, 2017 New Windsor, MD

My experience with project management was the worst, they didn't communicate with us. Besides that the SRAC that they gave us during the sales pitch was way off. We were told we were in the mid 200 range and it was actually $20. Our bill did decrease though.

Neal Tiemann
October 4th, 2017 Poolesville, MD

We trusted our sales representative and the people who have worked with them before. Project management was solid and responsible. The greatest thing is to know that we are doing the right thing for the environment. The only thing is that I'd like them to make sure and discuss the snow barrier elements before installation.

Mar 19, 2019

We appreciate your feedback.

Day Mcdowell
October 4th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

They have done a great job so far. I haven't had to paid PepCo since about June.