Solar Energy World has performed thousands of custom solar installations since opening its doors in 2009 and is one of the fastest growing, locally owned and operated solar companies in Maryland, New Jersey, and the DC metro area.

Committed to protecting the environment, reducing carbon dioxide emissions, and promoting clean, renewable energy, Solar Energy World provides sustainable energy solutions for homeowners that include high quality products guaranteed to operate efficiently and remain safe for the environment over their entire lifetime.

The clean energy company takes pride in its turnkey approach to solar power and handles every step of the process from planning to installation.

The Good

• Straightforward Solar Process
  • Variety of Payment Options
  • High Quality Solar Power Equipment
  • Remote System Monitoring
  • Comprehensive Warranty
  • Paperwork Assistance
  • Experienced In-House Installers
  • Referral Program

Straightforward Solar Process

Solar Energy World strives to make the solar panel installation process as smooth and simple as possible for its customers.

First, a Solar Energy World representative will provide a free solar analysis and share information about incentives, payment options, and more.

Once the customer has received an analysis and decided to move forward, a certified Solar Energy World technician will visit the home to confirm measurements and energy savings, as well as ensure that the appropriate permits have been acquired.

Then, Solar Energy World will complete any necessary paperwork.

After that, the company will start on the installation, which is usually completed within two to three days.

Once the system is installed, Solar Energy World will set up the final inspection with the appropriate municipality or utility company and ensure the customer's system is properly connected to the grid.

Variety of Payment Options

Solar Energy World currently offers three different payment options: outright purchase, loan, and PPA.

Customers who choose to pay for their system in full or take advantage of Solar Energy World's financing will have the opportunity to cash in on Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs) and other federal and state incentives. The average return-on-investment for customers who purchase their systems is typically around 125 percent within 5 to 7 years. In 20 years, homeowners who purchase solar can expect to see a 500 percent ROI.

Customers who choose to go the PPA route can have a system installed on their roof for $0 down. Solar PPA customers will simply pay for the energy being produced by the panels on their roof at a rate of at least 20 percent less than their current monthly electric bill.

High Quality Solar Power Equipment

Solar Energy World has stated that it only installs high-efficiency, best-in-class solar PV panels engineered in Germany, China, and the United States. The company mostly uses solar cells from Hanwa, LG, REC, and Trina.

Both ground mount and rooftop solar systems are available, and each system is custom designed by Solar Energy World's in-house engineers to fit the customer's unique energy needs.

Remote System Monitoring

Solar Energy World remotely monitors every solar system it installs to ensure that the systems are performing correctly. If there is ever a problem with a customer's system, the company will alert them and schedule a service to get things worked out.

In addition to remote monitoring service, Solar Energy World provides each customer with access to monitoring technology so they can check in on their system production and electricity consumption themselves. Customers can access the platform from anywhere in the world using a web-enabled device such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer and see how much power their system is generating in real-time, as well as how much electricity the system has produced over its life.

Comprehensive Warranty

Solar Energy World provides a comprehensive warranty on the installation of all the solar equipment it installs. The length of the installation warranty is dependent upon the warranty of the equipment manufacturer and goes up to 25 years.

Panel and inverter manufacturers provide a warranty on the performance of the solar panels and inverters.

Paperwork Assistance

Solar Energy World takes care of all paperwork and permits for its customers to make sure that the process is hassle-free and the customer receives all tax credits, rebates, and grants that they are entitled to.

Experienced In-House Installers

Solar Energy World does not outsource any of its installations or use subcontractors; instead, all of the company's installers work directly for and are accountable to Solar Energy World to ensure that customers receive superior service. The company's solar installers and crew leaders have had years of prior experience and received intensive solar panel installation training.

Further, during the solar panel installation process, crews are supervised by a Solar Energy World NABCEP-certified solar designer and installer, as well as a Solar Energy World licensed master electrician.

Referral Program

Solar Energy World offers a referral program that even non-customers can participate in. Those who are customers of Solar Energy World can receive $500 for each referral who installs a solar system that is 6 kW or larger and $300 for each referral who installs a 4 kW to 5 kW system.

Non-customers will receive $250 for each referral who installs a solar system that is 6 kW or larger and $150 for each referral who installs a 4 kW to 5 kW system. There is no cap on referrals, so an individual may refer as many people as they wish.

Interested in doing business with Solar Energy World? Click here for more information.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Solar Energy World only offers its services in Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington D.C., so if you live elsewhere, you won't be able to do business with Solar Energy World. While being a local provider has its advantages, it also greatly reduces the number of consumers who have access to the company's services.

The Bottom Line

Solar Energy World has over a decade of experience in the solar industry and strives to make the installation process as smooth as possible for its customers. The renewable energy company offers a number of attractive features, including multiple payment options, high quality equipment, an in-house team of certified installers, system monitoring, a comprehensive warranty, and a referral program. Solar Energy World even offers paperwork assistance, which makes the customer experience simple and hassle-free. Solar Energy World is recommended to consumers who live within its service area of Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington D.C.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar Energy World below.

Gregory Dale
June 6th, 2017 Port Republic, MD

They were very professional and very responsive to my questions. They answered them all very promptly, and always got back to me. Although I don't really deal with the bills, I do know the electrical ones went down. Besides that, everything has been good. I would just like to check the panels through the computer.

William Merle
June 6th, 2017 Westminster, MD

I am satisfied with them. These guys were really on the ball, they did a very good job. I actually decided to go solar in an effort to produce clean energy, and it's been great so far. All I can tell them is they should continue what they are doing.

Izhar Mujaddidi
June 6th, 2017 Laurel, MD

I think they did excellent work. They were seamless about the installation process, and we had no issues with their management team. It's definitely been a positive experience.

Orville Richard
June 6th, 2017 St Michaels, MD

The presentation by the salesperson is what made me decide to go for Solar Energy World. They everything pretty well, and the system lowered my electric bills. I will definitely recommend them, they did a good job.

Christopher Carter
June 6th, 2017 Mechanicsville, MD

I've seen them install panels in other houses, and their work is clean. That's what really made me go with them. I thought they did very well on the installation. I did have one or two small problems, but they were able to take care of it. Plus, they were very communicative, so everything went by very smoothly. To be honest, I was not happy the first couple of months because I was not seeing any results. After winter time was over, I started to get credit on my utility bills, so it's been a very positive experience so far.

Mark Chase
June 6th, 2017 Glen Burnie, MD

I haven't had any problems at all. They came out and took care of everything efficiently and quickly. I actually compared the couple of different companies, and they had a better deal.

June 6th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

I think the installation process went very smoothly. The thing I like best about it was that they consulted me about where they would have to run the pipes containing the wires, and the placing of other things. Overall, I'm very pleased. I think they do a good job and I'm happy with their work. I would happily recommend them.

Sean O'Connor
June 6th, 2017 Elkridge, MD

They offer great customer service, and good installation. Plus, they answered all my questions afterwards as well. The foreman explained everything, and then I just gave him access to the house and the ability to lock up when they were done. After 3 days, it was complete, and that's all I had to worry about. One of the other things that I've got to mention is that they give me the option to check it over, so yes, it was great!

Gregory Terry
June 6th, 2017 Cordova, MD

It was very easy to install. They came out and everything, so we did very little. They were here for the indoor installation parts as well. Overall, it's a good product and a good process.

Dennis Nicaragua
June 6th, 2017 Hyattsville, MD

The panels are fantastic! It saved me money, so we're happy with the service. The installation process was pretty quick, and the guys were very professional. I think I've been having a lot of good feedback when it comes to my electrical bill; I've been saving money.

Franklin Schaefer
June 6th, 2017 Halethorpe, MD

I listened to a few speeches from different solar companies, and Solar Energy World seemed to be the best one. When it came to installing the system, they had a lot of work to do, in the middle of the heat, and they did a fine job. Plus, they answered all my questions, and took care of all my issues.

George Seweryniak
June 6th, 2017 Frederick, MD

I decided to go with Solar Energy World because, at that time, they were the only ones that offered the one year lease. Although the installation process was good, their management team was poor. They need to follow up on items as promised.

Jonathan Sundy
June 6th, 2017 Gaithersburg, MD

It was a very positive experience. My electric bill has been negative $40 in the last 2 months. Plus, the installation was great, and the team was very quick. On top of that, the management team was very attentive; they answered all my questions.

June 6th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

I really enjoyed working with them! I also think it was very professional, and they were on time. They informed me of everything that they were doing, and there were no surprises. When the job was done, they walked me through everything.

Ned Douglas
June 6th, 2017 Halethorpe, MD

Dealing with Solar Energy World's project management team was a good experience, plus, the installation process was quick and efficient.

Keyur Pancholi
June 6th, 2017 Laurel, MD

I read reviews about them, and they were offering me good prices and a good deal, so I decided to go with them. They were very easy to work with, plus, they delivered on time. They were there in schedule and when they said it would be done within a day, they did complete it within a day. On top of that, my electric bill is now zero, and I'm even getting some credit back! The only thing I would suggest is that they should have battery monitoring application. I can monitor how much energy I save, but I cannot say for sure whether the panels are working or not.

Jonathan Entwistle
June 6th, 2017 Potomac, MD

They were a part of my county co-op, and they took the time to really look at my property and work with me on the design. They were fast, and once we identified the issues, they came right back and fixed it. Overall, I thought they were very good.

Kari Auel
June 6th, 2017 Poolesville, MD

Our electric bill is much lower now, and we feel good about using renewable energy in our house! Also, when it came to dealing with the management team, they were very professional and thorough. Overall, it was a very positive experience.

David Bosen
June 6th, 2017 Aberdeen, MD

Installing the system was exceptional! They have everything under control. Their experienced technicians installed my panels in short time without a problem. Plus, they explained the permit process, and the only issue I had is after the unit was installed, with the inspector. My electrical bill was a lot less expensive. Overall, I think they're pretty professional. They seem to know what they're doing.

Brennon Pierce
June 6th, 2017 Owings, MD

I think their customer service works a lot better than the competitors near. Other than a little issue they already fixed, we were very happy with the whole installation process. Plus, our electric bills dropped dramatically, if we have a bill at all. Besides that, I think they should probably advertise more; they're really hidden in the area we live in.

Douglas Dickens
June 6th, 2017 Leonardtown, MD

Although the installation process was good, they were a bit amateur. They've been better. Besides that, the people we worked with were very good.

Andrea Malcolm
June 6th, 2017 Bel Air, MD

They were excellent, and after installing it, I had no electric bill. Besides that, what really made me decide for them was their honesty.

Dawn Torrisi
June 6th, 2017 Middletown, MD

Their management team was completely professional, very helpful, and willing to work with us. Plus, installing it was much quicker than we expected. They did a fantastic job with the entire project; our electric bill was reduced!

Paul Shoffeitt
June 6th, 2017 Woodbine, MD

I felt like they have a good product and I like the people working for them. Their management team was excellent, and so was the installation process. It's been active for short while but it looks like it's going to take care most of my electric needs. Overall, it seems to be a very fine company as I went with them.

John
July 19th, 2016 Glen Burnie, MD

I've have had my system for nearly 5 years now from Solar Energy. The process was very simple, they handled everything, every step of the way. They were knowledgable, fast, and the installation team was top notch with no subs. If you are interested in watching your utility meter spend backward, I would recommend them over any installer in MD. I no loner have a BGE bill, and instead, BGE sends ME a check once a year.