Solar Energy World has performed thousands of custom solar installations since opening its doors in 2009 and is one of the fastest growing, locally owned and operated solar companies in Maryland, New Jersey, and the DC metro area.

Committed to protecting the environment, reducing carbon dioxide emissions, and promoting clean, renewable energy, Solar Energy World provides sustainable energy solutions for homeowners that include high quality products guaranteed to operate efficiently and remain safe for the environment over their entire lifetime.

The clean energy company takes pride in its turnkey approach to solar power and handles every step of the process from planning to installation.

The Good

• Straightforward Solar Process
  • Variety of Payment Options
  • High Quality Solar Power Equipment
  • Remote System Monitoring
  • Comprehensive Warranty
  • Paperwork Assistance
  • Experienced In-House Installers
  • Referral Program

Straightforward Solar Process

Solar Energy World strives to make the solar panel installation process as smooth and simple as possible for its customers.

First, a Solar Energy World representative will provide a free solar analysis and share information about incentives, payment options, and more.

Once the customer has received an analysis and decided to move forward, a certified Solar Energy World technician will visit the home to confirm measurements and energy savings, as well as ensure that the appropriate permits have been acquired.

Then, Solar Energy World will complete any necessary paperwork.

After that, the company will start on the installation, which is usually completed within two to three days.

Once the system is installed, Solar Energy World will set up the final inspection with the appropriate municipality or utility company and ensure the customer's system is properly connected to the grid.

Variety of Payment Options

Solar Energy World currently offers three different payment options: outright purchase, loan, and PPA.

Customers who choose to pay for their system in full or take advantage of Solar Energy World's financing will have the opportunity to cash in on Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs) and other federal and state incentives. The average return-on-investment for customers who purchase their systems is typically around 125 percent within 5 to 7 years. In 20 years, homeowners who purchase solar can expect to see a 500 percent ROI.

Customers who choose to go the PPA route can have a system installed on their roof for $0 down. Solar PPA customers will simply pay for the energy being produced by the panels on their roof at a rate of at least 20 percent less than their current monthly electric bill.

High Quality Solar Power Equipment

Solar Energy World has stated that it only installs high-efficiency, best-in-class solar PV panels engineered in Germany, China, and the United States. The company mostly uses solar cells from Hanwa, LG, REC, and Trina.

Both ground mount and rooftop solar systems are available, and each system is custom designed by Solar Energy World's in-house engineers to fit the customer's unique energy needs.

Remote System Monitoring

Solar Energy World remotely monitors every solar system it installs to ensure that the systems are performing correctly. If there is ever a problem with a customer's system, the company will alert them and schedule a service to get things worked out.

In addition to remote monitoring service, Solar Energy World provides each customer with access to monitoring technology so they can check in on their system production and electricity consumption themselves. Customers can access the platform from anywhere in the world using a web-enabled device such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer and see how much power their system is generating in real-time, as well as how much electricity the system has produced over its life.

Comprehensive Warranty

Solar Energy World provides a comprehensive warranty on the installation of all the solar equipment it installs. The length of the installation warranty is dependent upon the warranty of the equipment manufacturer and goes up to 25 years.

Panel and inverter manufacturers provide a warranty on the performance of the solar panels and inverters.

Paperwork Assistance

Solar Energy World takes care of all paperwork and permits for its customers to make sure that the process is hassle-free and the customer receives all tax credits, rebates, and grants that they are entitled to.

Experienced In-House Installers

Solar Energy World does not outsource any of its installations or use subcontractors; instead, all of the company's installers work directly for and are accountable to Solar Energy World to ensure that customers receive superior service. The company's solar installers and crew leaders have had years of prior experience and received intensive solar panel installation training.

Further, during the solar panel installation process, crews are supervised by a Solar Energy World NABCEP-certified solar designer and installer, as well as a Solar Energy World licensed master electrician.

Referral Program

Solar Energy World offers a referral program that even non-customers can participate in. Those who are customers of Solar Energy World can receive $500 for each referral who installs a solar system that is 6 kW or larger and $300 for each referral who installs a 4 kW to 5 kW system.

Non-customers will receive $250 for each referral who installs a solar system that is 6 kW or larger and $150 for each referral who installs a 4 kW to 5 kW system. There is no cap on referrals, so an individual may refer as many people as they wish.

Interested in doing business with Solar Energy World? Click here for more information.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Solar Energy World only offers its services in Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington D.C., so if you live elsewhere, you won't be able to do business with Solar Energy World. While being a local provider has its advantages, it also greatly reduces the number of consumers who have access to the company's services.

The Bottom Line

Solar Energy World has over a decade of experience in the solar industry and strives to make the installation process as smooth as possible for its customers. The renewable energy company offers a number of attractive features, including multiple payment options, high quality equipment, an in-house team of certified installers, system monitoring, a comprehensive warranty, and a referral program. Solar Energy World even offers paperwork assistance, which makes the customer experience simple and hassle-free. Solar Energy World is recommended to consumers who live within its service area of Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington D.C.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar Energy World below.

Michael Johnson
October 4th, 2017 Cordova, M

The project management team was very good and enlightening, very professional. The installation was extremely fast and professional as well. I just wish we had more contact with the company so they can update us on how our program is working.

Kirk Weider
October 4th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

For the most part it was pretty good. We did have some difficulties at a couple of stages in the process, mainly in the interaction with the county and some issues with the permit. Solar Energy World sorted it out and we got it all resolved. The installation process was quick and efficient. We have seen that our electric bill is going down and we are more aware of the power that we are using.

Mar 19, 2019

Thank you for the valuable feedback.

Miguel Pascale
October 4th, 2017 Silver Spring, MD

I felt very comfortable with what they were offering and how they portrayed everything. During the installation portion everything was good. I would say it was almost seamless.

Roger Paradis
October 4th, 2017 Hyattsville, MD

Project management has been awesome and the installation of the panels was fantastic. I have seen a reduction in the PepCo bill. We've bee fighting with them for 3 months too give us proper credit, it's just the local providers that are jerking us around.

Gordon Peters
October 4th, 2017 Indian Head, MD

So far it has been good and the installation went well. We have a decreased electricity bill.

David Chock
October 4th, 2017 Bethesda, MD

I was very impressed by the salesperson. He told us that the best place to put the panels would be on the rooftop that faces south to get more sun, even though every other company told us to put it on the west because it was bigger. He was the only one that provided this strategic location. After that everything went excellent. The installers were all polite, worked hard, and did really well. We cut down our power bills to zero, the price is negative now. Everything is good except I wish the monitor panel could be changed in the app.

James Cantwell
October 4th, 2017 Cockeysville, MD

My experience with project management was excellent. They made it very easy for you to understand things and explained everything really well. The arguments for the cost and everything was very clear. They sold it really well. The installation process was a breeze, it was quick and very professional. Everyone was involved and relaying information to the other staff. I cut my energy bill by 40%, almost by half! Keep up the good work.

Mar 19, 2019

Thank you for the kind review, Jim!

Jack Pierce
October 4th, 2017 Randallstown, MD

The project management team was excellent and the installation was very efficient and professional. I have lower electric bills.

Tony Wallace
October 4th, 2017 Brandywine, MD

I haven't had any issues with them. The installation process was perfect. I'm just paying for the panels and they cancel out my electric bills. The one issue that I had was the guy who signed me up. He tried to make some promises that he couldn't keep. Once I signed the papers and committed he didn't come back or said anything. Just make sure your sales reps don't promise things that they can't follow through with.

Mar 19, 2019

We appreciate your feedback.

Xavier Ona
October 4th, 2017 Olney, MD

The salesperson explained what was gonna happen and what we needed to do. They were very clear. The team and installation were both very good and efficient. My electric bill has been lowered. They're doing a good job.

Nathan Spencer
October 4th, 2017 Rising Sun, MD

After researching, we contacted the salesman of Solar Energy World. He was very nice and understanding and we came out to meet with us. We didn't have any problems with project management either. He told us everything we needed to know and we got to business. They were really helpful and the installation was quick. In 7 months we have had a zero balance credit in our electric bill, all we have to pay is the lease. I couldn't think of anything that they need to improve.

Amber Watters
October 4th, 2017 Elkridge, MD

The service and installation have been good. The only thing is that we weren't notified with enough time about the time when the installation was going to happen. Other than that our BG and E bills are going down significantly. The only feedback that I have is to make sure that some of the discussions that take place with the sales man are reiterated to the people that install the system.

Mar 19, 2019

We appreciate your feedback.

Linda Barrett
August 7th, 2017

Our representativenexplained in simple terms why Solar Spectrum is the best system available. After much research, I verified everything she said. She made the process very easy and we look forward to saving on energy costs in the future.

Terrific to hear that!

Philip Roman
June 7th, 2017 Odenton, MD

They offered the best deal out there. Installation was easy and the team was very responsive and very courteous. I've seen this system reduce the cost of my electricity.

Reginald Hagans
June 7th, 2017 Clinton, MD

The Solar Energy World team was excellent and the installation process was very good. Using this system reduces my electric bill.

Craig Spenser
June 7th, 2017 Colora, MD

I was already in the market for it and after talking to them I decided that was the best fit for me. The biggest benefit is that there are no electric bills in the summer.

Dirrick Williams
June 7th, 2017 Catonsville, MD

I went with Solar Energy World for the price. I've had lower bills from using you guys. Keep doing what your doing!

Thomas Schultz
June 7th, 2017 Ridgely, MD

Project Management team is okay and installations were good. But I haven't seen any beneftis from using the solar energy system. My feedback is to find another company

Shirley Robinson
June 7th, 2017 Fort Washington, MD

They were the first company to contact me, so I decided to go with them. Their team was great and they did a good job installing the system. It's been a very positive experience.

Reggie Beach-Reid
June 7th, 2017 Severn, MD

I liked their presentation and how they went about making me comfortable. I've also noticed a pre-substantial reduction in our energy bill. The only recommendation I would make is that they should be expanding their service area. I'm a huge advocate, and even talked to my mother about them. It was a great experience I have nothing bad to say about them.

Rajesh Puri
June 7th, 2017 Laurel, MD

Solar Energy World offered a fixed price, so I knew this was the right solar company for me. The entire process was great, and now I even get money back.

David Gardner
June 7th, 2017 Upper Marlboro, MD

Dealing with their team was great; it was a smooth sale. I love the system! I'm now saving about $7,000 a year on my electric bill. Although I have no issues, I would like a battery backup.

Shelby Wilson
June 7th, 2017 Glen Burnie, MD

Everything went well with their Project Management Team, plus, installing the system seemed pretty nice. I'm not paying for electricity right now. I just pay the taxes on it.

Fred Williams
June 7th, 2017 Bowie, MD

The installation process was done efficiently. I used to pay $239 on average, now I pay around $60 a month. The only issue I have with Solar Energy World was that I didn't know that the mounting equipment was bigger in structure than expected. I would suggest they make sure it's clear to the customer how big and intrusive are the ground mounts.

Gerald Collins
June 7th, 2017 Temple Hills, MD

I really don't have any complaints compared to other energy companies I've dealt with prior to them. There was an excellent communication across the board, and I'm not paying the typical electric bill anymore. As a matter of fact, I received a refund check from my utility provider.

Wyman Jones
June 7th, 2017 Lanham, MD

Their Management Team was pretty good, but I wish it was a little more detailed on savings, and the scope of the size of the solar panels. I do have to say that they installed the system pretty quickly. Overall, it's been a positive experience, however, I still have significant savings to see.

Edward Krainer
June 7th, 2017 Baltimore, MD

I think they need a written detailed summary. The salesman was good, but he gave us a lot of information, and it was all verbal. Nothing went quite the way it was told to us. There were a lot of actions involved in setting up the panels, which included the county and my utility company. They should've just provided a summary of what the exact process would be, and who to call in case something didn't go as planned. I would have recognized the errors, because I know that Solar Energy World was not involved in all of these situations. Plus, I told them I was going to be out of town on vacation, and they still kept sending me emails. Besides that, the salesman was great, and I love my system. I love the way it works! I just think they should have better instructions for their customer on how the process really works. That would've relieved a lot of stress.

Brian Stauffer
June 7th, 2017 Elkridge, MD

The installation process was very easy. Solar Energy World took care of everything for us. Plus, the sales people we worked with were very knowledgeable and friendly. Our bills are much lower now!

Sayeed Siddique
June 7th, 2017 Cabin John, MD

I'm starting to see cost savings in my electrical bill. My only suggestion to them would be to find ways to generate the same power with only the panels.

Bryan Arvai
June 7th, 2017 Elkridge, MD

It performed as expected! Plus, they were helpful in customizing the design that we wanted and we liked.

Patricia Grant
June 7th, 2017 Gwynn Oak, MD

They put the solar panels on the house in way that the conduits are hidden, and that's excellent! I've even made $195 from the electric company.

Amy Rubin
June 7th, 2017 Gaithersburg, MD

I like the financing package that was provided. All I have to pay is for the solar panels, and the cost savings they were able to show me. Plus, their Project Management Team was excellent and well organized. They had good communication skills. I actually like the way the panels look on the house. They just did a great job with the installation.

David Amoza
June 7th, 2017 Chevy Chase, MD

Dealing with their team was excellent! The installation process went by very smoothly, and I've noticed my electrical bill has lowered. Overall, it's been a great experience.

David Tuman
June 7th, 2017 Odenton, MD

I'm pleased with their management team; they were pretty good. They put a lot of precision in their work, you can see that they really cared about what they were doing. All I can say is that they really pay attention to their timing, they do not over commit.

Phyllis Kaiser-Dark
June 7th, 2017 Fort Washington, MD

My bills have gone down, but the savings haven't been dramatic. Besides that, I like the process, and it was easy to understand. I only worked with one person, and that made it easy. Even if it would've been more than 1 person, the process was easy.

Richard Mann
June 7th, 2017 Conowingo, MD

I think they're very reputable. I like the way they represented themselves, their product, and even the interactions with them. They are an accountable company. I also like that the gentleman that came before stays in touch with us when we request it. He's trustworthy.

Kyle French
June 7th, 2017 Lanham, MD

Their team was okay. Plus, they were very quick about installing the system. It's been a very positive experience.

Robert Vogel
June 7th, 2017 Columbia, MD

I didn't even notice it was being installed! They established in our house, and went up on the roof. I think I'm saving money, and I was satisfied with the way they performed with the service that I'm receiving.

Lisa Housand
June 7th, 2017 Centreville, MD

It was not very good to deal with their project management team. They could've been better. I think some very small little things mean a lot. They do not place a guard against the bottom of the panels, and they also need to evaluate where they put the panels, and how many panels the house needs. Besides all of that, I do have to say that my bill has decreased, and that's fascinating.

Amy Rubin
June 7th, 2017 Columbia, MD

The knowledge they had about their product is what really made go with Solar Energy World. They offered reduced pricing to my electrical bill and installed everything in an easy way.

Sylvia Miller-Stokes
June 7th, 2017 Upper Marlboro, MD

They're pretty good. They were also great with the installation process. They took their time and did a great job. All I can say is that I like it.

Drew Brown
June 7th, 2017 Sunderland, MD

My energy bills are lower! It was very quick to install, and efficient as well. I liked that they were the leaders when it came to solar systems. They are a reputable company, and have a good Angie's List rating. Plus, they have the option to prepay for it in the future, if you don't want to buy it right away.

Gayle Dennison
June 7th, 2017 Bowie, MD

The electric bill has gone down since we installed the panels, and everything went just fine. I'm actually considering to put them at my church.

Clinton Winchester
June 7th, 2017 Gaithersburg, MD

The people we spoke were good, and the installation process was very professional. They were also courteous. It was a positive experience.

Jason Scott
June 7th, 2017 Gaithersburg, MD

My personal experience in the beginning seasons with them was more personable and transparent about the process than other companies I dealt with. Their management team was excellent; very user and customer friendly. Plus, I didn't do much when it came to installing the system. They accommodated to my schedule, and made it happen. Keep up the work!

Jonathan Kendig
June 6th, 2017 Reisterstown, MD

We noticed it reduced the electricity cost, and I think they did a fine job. The presentation and the sales, each part was good, and they did what they said they were going to do; in a timely manner. It's been a very positive experience.

Daniel Wells
June 6th, 2017 Prince Frederick, MD

Their price, fee structure, and monthly is what made me decide that this was the right fit for us. Plus, It was very simple to install, I really didn't have to do much.

Eric Sendaydiego
June 6th, 2017 Edgewater, MD

I thought they were the best deal, so I decided to go solar with them. The major benefit I noticed was the lower cost of my electricity bill. Besides that, I just wish they could periodically come and check the equipment. just to make sure it's working alright.

Sharon Rasnake
June 6th, 2017 Severn, MD

The fact that we're helping the environment and consuming less fossil fuel is great! Plus, our contact was always available for us, and answered all of our questions. He was very professional and organized. I didn't expect the panels to be installed so quickly. I was very pleased with the company and every person and personnel that I worked with. They did an excellent job.

Kevin Boblits
June 6th, 2017 Severn, MD

It was easy on my part when it came to install the system; I didn't have to do anything. They took care of everything. Plus, they kept me informed through the whole process. Keep up the good work! I was very happy with the overall experience.