Solar Energy World has performed thousands of custom solar installations since opening its doors in 2009 and is one of the fastest growing, locally owned and operated solar companies in Maryland, New Jersey, and the DC metro area.

Committed to protecting the environment, reducing carbon dioxide emissions, and promoting clean, renewable energy, Solar Energy World provides sustainable energy solutions for homeowners that include high quality products guaranteed to operate efficiently and remain safe for the environment over their entire lifetime.

The clean energy company takes pride in its turnkey approach to solar power and handles every step of the process from planning to installation.

The Good

• Straightforward Solar Process
  • Variety of Payment Options
  • High Quality Solar Power Equipment
  • Remote System Monitoring
  • Comprehensive Warranty
  • Paperwork Assistance
  • Experienced In-House Installers
  • Referral Program

Straightforward Solar Process

Solar Energy World strives to make the solar panel installation process as smooth and simple as possible for its customers.

First, a Solar Energy World representative will provide a free solar analysis and share information about incentives, payment options, and more.

Once the customer has received an analysis and decided to move forward, a certified Solar Energy World technician will visit the home to confirm measurements and energy savings, as well as ensure that the appropriate permits have been acquired.

Then, Solar Energy World will complete any necessary paperwork.

After that, the company will start on the installation, which is usually completed within two to three days.

Once the system is installed, Solar Energy World will set up the final inspection with the appropriate municipality or utility company and ensure the customer's system is properly connected to the grid.

Variety of Payment Options

Solar Energy World currently offers three different payment options: outright purchase, loan, and PPA.

Customers who choose to pay for their system in full or take advantage of Solar Energy World's financing will have the opportunity to cash in on Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs) and other federal and state incentives. The average return-on-investment for customers who purchase their systems is typically around 125 percent within 5 to 7 years. In 20 years, homeowners who purchase solar can expect to see a 500 percent ROI.

Customers who choose to go the PPA route can have a system installed on their roof for $0 down. Solar PPA customers will simply pay for the energy being produced by the panels on their roof at a rate of at least 20 percent less than their current monthly electric bill.

High Quality Solar Power Equipment

Solar Energy World has stated that it only installs high-efficiency, best-in-class solar PV panels engineered in Germany, China, and the United States. The company mostly uses solar cells from Hanwa, LG, REC, and Trina.

Both ground mount and rooftop solar systems are available, and each system is custom designed by Solar Energy World's in-house engineers to fit the customer's unique energy needs.

Remote System Monitoring

Solar Energy World remotely monitors every solar system it installs to ensure that the systems are performing correctly. If there is ever a problem with a customer's system, the company will alert them and schedule a service to get things worked out.

In addition to remote monitoring service, Solar Energy World provides each customer with access to monitoring technology so they can check in on their system production and electricity consumption themselves. Customers can access the platform from anywhere in the world using a web-enabled device such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer and see how much power their system is generating in real-time, as well as how much electricity the system has produced over its life.

Comprehensive Warranty

Solar Energy World provides a comprehensive warranty on the installation of all the solar equipment it installs. The length of the installation warranty is dependent upon the warranty of the equipment manufacturer and goes up to 25 years.

Panel and inverter manufacturers provide a warranty on the performance of the solar panels and inverters.

Paperwork Assistance

Solar Energy World takes care of all paperwork and permits for its customers to make sure that the process is hassle-free and the customer receives all tax credits, rebates, and grants that they are entitled to.

Experienced In-House Installers

Solar Energy World does not outsource any of its installations or use subcontractors; instead, all of the company's installers work directly for and are accountable to Solar Energy World to ensure that customers receive superior service. The company's solar installers and crew leaders have had years of prior experience and received intensive solar panel installation training.

Further, during the solar panel installation process, crews are supervised by a Solar Energy World NABCEP-certified solar designer and installer, as well as a Solar Energy World licensed master electrician.

Referral Program

Solar Energy World offers a referral program that even non-customers can participate in. Those who are customers of Solar Energy World can receive $500 for each referral who installs a solar system that is 6 kW or larger and $300 for each referral who installs a 4 kW to 5 kW system.

Non-customers will receive $250 for each referral who installs a solar system that is 6 kW or larger and $150 for each referral who installs a 4 kW to 5 kW system. There is no cap on referrals, so an individual may refer as many people as they wish.

Interested in doing business with Solar Energy World? Click here for more information.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Solar Energy World only offers its services in Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington D.C., so if you live elsewhere, you won't be able to do business with Solar Energy World. While being a local provider has its advantages, it also greatly reduces the number of consumers who have access to the company's services.

The Bottom Line

Solar Energy World has over a decade of experience in the solar industry and strives to make the installation process as smooth as possible for its customers. The renewable energy company offers a number of attractive features, including multiple payment options, high quality equipment, an in-house team of certified installers, system monitoring, a comprehensive warranty, and a referral program. Solar Energy World even offers paperwork assistance, which makes the customer experience simple and hassle-free. Solar Energy World is recommended to consumers who live within its service area of Maryland, New Jersey, and Washington D.C.

Call our recommended rep over at Solar Energy World below.

William
September 5th, 2018 Parkville, MD DETAILS

I chose Solar Energy World because I liked their presentation. It seems like the customer service is responsive.

Jill
September 5th, 2018 Westminster, MD DETAILS

The customer service is always available and they answered all of my questions. The installation went smoothly the only issue I have is that they tore up my lawn with their trucks. But it performs above expectations.

Doug
August 31st, 2018 Rockville, MD

It was pretty quick and didn't take much time at all. I definitely have way lower bills.

Meredith
August 31st, 2018 Dickerson, MD

They were the first to respond to a request I had about information. I was really impressed with the man who came to explain all the different options to me. He wasn't too much of a "salesman". They were very responsive, always on schedule and professional. I definitely have a much lower electric bill every month.

Todd
August 31st, 2018 Boyds, MD

They were able to handle the tasks and job quickly, professionally, with no issues whatsoever.

Howard
August 31st, 2018 Chesapeake Beach, MD

It didn't take a great deal at the time and it goes pretty fast.

Bonnie
August 31st, 2018 Chestertown, MD

They are very prompt; the personnel were absolutely wonderful and knowledgeable. They were ready to help in every single way. The installers were speedy, efficient, and intelligent people. From the boss man right on down to the secretary, the workers are all wonderful. I also don't have an electric bill anymore.

George
August 31st, 2018 Elkton, MD

They were right on spot with what they said would happen. Anything they said would happen did happen. The salesman really seemed like he knew what he was talking about.

Hua
August 31st, 2018 Gaithersburg, MD

They're really good people. And they were able to install in one day - it was a very smooth process.

Kathy
August 31st, 2018 Beltsville, MD

It was very smooth and professionally done. The customer service was outstanding. We saw a significant decrease in our electric bill over time.

Trinity
August 31st, 2018 Lexington Park, MD

I interviewed with 6 other companies and I was impressed by their product and cost. They are very professional, they completed it efficiently and on time. My electric bill is half of what it was.

Chuck
August 31st, 2018 Sharpsburg, MD

The biggest benefit to using Solar Energy World is the lower energy bills. They've been very excellent with their management and installations.

Anthony
August 31st, 2018 Hyattsville, MD

Their price was much better than anybody else. They sent me a young engineer guy who was able to explain everything simply. The installation went like a charm.

Deborah
August 31st, 2018 Westminster, MD

They shouldn't bother customers if there isn't extra energy produced. But, it was very fast and efficient, and my bills were reduced.

Ying-Tzu
August 31st, 2018 Columbia, MD

The sales person seemed to be very knowledgeable and the install was very efficient.

Dudley
August 31st, 2018 Mechanicsville, MD

I'm saving on my electric bill with Solar Energy World. The project management team was okay

Shein
August 31st, 2018 Rockville, MD

I have seen some other installations where they have unsightly conduits or running wires, etc. That didn't happen to my house and I appreciated that.

Altyn
August 31st, 2018 Silver Spring, MD

The solar installation was very smooth and well organized. Using Solar Energy World lowered my electricity bill makes me feel better that I'm using green energy

August 31st, 2018 Rocky Ridge, MD

It was very quick and well planned, and it has reduced my electric bill extremely.

Tom
August 31st, 2018 Bethesda, MD

They had a very good offer at the time we were looking to install solar panels. They are very reliable and easy to get along with.

Thanks so much!

D
August 31st, 2018 Upper Marlboro, MD

They're doing such a great job, I'm paying less. Everything was on time and smooth.

Thank you so much!

Shahid
August 31st, 2018 Bowie, MD

Their price should come down a little, it's kind of high. But my experience with them was good, they were helpful and now I know the expenses better.

Kenneth
August 31st, 2018 Glen Burnie, MD

The longer we have it the more we dislike it. They shouldn't do the public an injustice and say they're going to install them free.

Mar 19, 2019

We apologize that your experience was not optimum and assure you this is not typical of the customer feedback we usually receive. Please let us know how we can resolve any issues you may have.

August 31st, 2018

They did a great job, it was really neat. But, the only thing is that I don't know if the panels generate enough electricity right now. I think they need to assess the usage of the customer, so they put adequate panels on the home to generate enough electricity.

Barbara
August 29th, 2018 Finksburg, MD

The installation went quicker than I thought it would. They were very neat and didn't leave anything behind or anything. We've seen a big difference in our electric bill. I do think they might advertise a little bit more because I didn't even hear of them until they contacted me.

August 29th, 2018 Bowie, MD

When they came to put the solar panels on, they managed to get everything done on a very timely schedule even though we had some problems come up. The only glitch that we've had they solved immediately without delay. It cut the amount of electricity that we were purchasing in half.

Mar 19, 2019

Thanks for the valuable feedback!

Terry
August 29th, 2018 Gaithersburg, MD

We had a little problem with the installation. There was some bad weather and it was hard for them to get up and down and they ended up digging up parts of my yard. But after they got it in they came back with landscaping people and put a lot of grass seed and everything in that area of my yard probably goes better than the rest of it. It's saving us a lot of money. We really liked the sales rep Patrick who worked with us to get our panels.

Marilyn
August 29th, 2018 Gaithersburg, MD

They should always recommend the critter guard. I didn't have it when I first got my solar panels put on but over the years the trees grow higher and I guess crows are living underneath my solar panels so this year I had to pay to have my solar panels taken down and then put back up with the critter guard. But despite that, the installation was great and my electric bill isn't that high. They're very helpful.

Stephanie
August 29th, 2018 Clinton, MD

I've seen a reduction in my electric bills. They have been really easy to work with, like a well-oiled machine. They follow up and I think that my installation is probably one of the best installation in my area. They were able to maintain the integrity of the roof.

Craig
August 29th, 2018 Accokeek, MD

Using them is a lot cheaper. I saved money on my electric and it's better for pollution. The installation was super quick and thorough. The longest part was waiting for a part they needed.

Mar 19, 2019

Thanks so much for the review!

Salvatore J Cina
August 8th, 2018 Toms River, NJ

Salesman was excellent 5 stars but three stars on offer! Company does not accept coverage on home 32 because of far less production! Trinity covers both 32 and 44 ! In my case I like to put both under same! Also, others give 25 year warranty and lease! Still searching and doing research!

Aug 15, 2018

Many companies will install as many panels as possible and not care about the potential production. Every system that we install comes with a guaranteed production and we make tough decisions to turn away business when we know the production would be limited and cost our customer MORE than their current utility costs.

Randy McCue
August 3rd, 2018 New Market, MD

They canceled on me the day before without coming out to look at my house or talk to me in person.

Aug 15, 2018

We use extremely accurate satellite information as well as other tools to determine a homeowners eligibility. Unfortunately. The studies showed that IF we were to put solar on that home, the solar electricity would be minimal and the owner would then pay MUCH more than their current electricity cost. Of course we would love the opportunity to have another installation BUT in this particular case…there would be no energy guarantee and an added cost to you.

eugene haldy becker
August 2nd, 2018 Rockville, MD

Mr. O was very well informed about solar energy's benefits to the homeowner, present and the future. He was courteous, prompt, and explained what would be happening during the installation procedure in a very informative way, and my post-installation benefits.

Henteleff
April 25th, 2018 Silver Spring, MD DETAILS

Warm, knowledgeable staff, efficient installation, decent cost, and good product

Wanda Foster
April 25th, 2018 Hyattsville, MD DETAILS

They were courteous, professional, informative, & willing to explain.

Mar 19, 2019

Thanks for the kind review!

Richard Lampton
April 16th, 2018 Laurel, MD DETAILS

Your Sales Rep ( Michael K.) were very professional and knowledgeable about your product.Mike presented the product well that made the decision for Debra & I very easy to go with Solar World. We also like that you guys had other options and Mike worked with us to find the best option to fit our budget.

albert c burns
April 16th, 2018 DETAILS

Business practices related to undefined charges.

Pat O brian
April 16th, 2018 DETAILS

They had a great price,worked through some difficult issues and had a courteous and competent crew

George
April 16th, 2018 DETAILS

Everything went very well during all aspects of the sale and installation

Jon R.
April 16th, 2018 DETAILS

The installation, with the advent of longer days, seems to have largely fulfilled the proimises made.

Mar 19, 2019

We appreciate your business!

Gallos Family
April 16th, 2018 DETAILS

Installation perfect. Electric bill waaaaay down.

Bill
April 16th, 2018 DETAILS

Very impressed by their work, ethics, efficiency, and value for the dollar

Terrific to hear that!

S Fox
April 16th, 2018 DETAILS

a clean installation, minimal visual impact

Stan
April 16th, 2018 DETAILS

The installation team was great, but the contract notes a different inverter than what was installed.

kay
April 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Very kind and great people they was right on time.. the worker was very nice and clean up when they was done

Sharon Fulton
April 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Very satisfied with installation and performance so far.

April 9th, 2018 DETAILS

There was some information that should have been relied and was not

Galen
April 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Excellent presentation and packet of info, sample contract, estimated costs, installation process, etc

April 9th, 2018 DETAILS

All work from start to finish done on time

Elaine L
April 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Wonderful staff, effortless sign up and installation