Hawx Pest Control

8.6

Hawx Pest Control is a residential and commercial exterminator that has been in service since 2013. The company conducts pest infestation and prevention services in 13 locations across 10 states and offers a free initial inspection on all new cases. Per a 2014 electronic newsletter, the pest control company is or once was a member of the National Pest Management Association; however, further evidence of the company’s relationship to the national standard bearer has not been found.

The Good

• Comprehensive Pest Control Service
  • Rodent, Mosquito, and Termite Control
  • Free Re-Treatment

Comprehensive Pest Control Service

Following a free inspection of the property, Hawx Pest Control offers a full suite of quarterly service treatments ready to tackle any pest problem:

• Ant control — includes solutions for Argentine ants, fire ants, sugar ants, and carpenter ants
  • Bed bug control — including treatments for adult bed bugs, nymphs, and eggs
  • Cockroach infestation control — specialized treatment for all sorts of roach-related issues, including American cockroaches, German cockroaches, and Oriental cockroaches
  • Spider control — covers a variety of spider species including brown recluse, black widow spiders, hobo spiders, wolf, spiders, and other common household spiders
  • Stinging insects — includes stinging insects of the bee, wasp, yellow jacket, carpenter bee, and hornet varieties
  • Flea and tick control — covers parasites like fleas and ticks

Rodent, Mosquito, and Termite Control

Hawx Pest Control also provides specialized treatments for rodents, mosquitos, and termites:

• Rodent control — Be it a problem with mice or rats, Hawx Pest Control will conduct a thorough search of the home’s interior and exterior, identifying potential entry points and signs of rodent infestation. The Hawx technician will then set traps and bait at strategic locations — taking care to set them only in areas not accessible to children and pets. As a recurring service, Hawx Pest Control will continually re-bait and reset traps until the rodent problem is eliminated.
  • Mosquito control — Another recurring treatment, Hawx Pest Control’s mosquito service includes a detailed inspection of high-risk mosquito breeding grounds around the home including standing water areas not actively used by wildlife. The technician will sweep these areas with a fogging machine as well as a rotation of different products so as to prevent the mosquito population from developing a resistance to these pesticides. Hawx will also provide a knockdown treatment prior to outdoor events to ensure a pleasant outdoor experience.
  • Termite control — Hawx employees are specially trained to identify signs of a termite infestation and termite damage. Hawx Pest Control employs the Advance Termite Bait System to eliminate entire termite colonies from the inside. Additionally, the company injects foam and liquid treatments inside the drywall of your home which leave a residue harmful to termites.

Free Re-Treatment

In the event that unwanted pests return between season treatment, Hawx Pest Control will provide re-treatment service, free of charge, to residential and commercial clients.

The Bad

• No Attic, Lawn, or Wildlife Service
  • Limited State Coverage
  • Not QualityPro-, GreenPro-Certified

No Attic, Lawn, or Wildlife Service

While Hawx Pest Control does search out insects and pests throughout the home’s interior and exterior, the company does not appear to offer additional services:

• Attic and crawl spaces — Leading pest control companies will not only identify structural damage to the home’s interior, but will also provide additional repair and insulation services to prevent future invasions.
  • Lawn and yard service — Top companies in the pest control industry will also treat lawn damage caused by burrowing or nesting insects and rodents.
  • Wildlife removal — In addition to these services, top-rated companies will also offer wildlife removal services that include bat and bird control, possum and raccoon removal, and other wildlife-related issues.

Limited State Coverage

• Ohio
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Wisconsin

While a limited national reach is in no way unique to Hawx Pest Control, it can set the company at a disadvantage when potential customers compare it to more well-known, national pest control brands like Orkin and Terminix. An effective way for companies like Hawx to stand out is through verified Hawx Pest Control reviews from actual customers that can corroborate the claims of great customer service and reliability the company makes on its site and social media pages.

Not QualityPro-, GreenPro-Certified

Although Hawx Pest Control either is or once was a member of the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), the company is not listed as a NPMA-approved pest control provider for any of its listed zip codes. Furthermore, Hawx Pest Control does not appear to be QualityPro- or GreenPro-certified. These two certification programs, both sponsored by the NPMA, identify pest control companies as industry leaders in both professionalism as well as the use of environmentally friendly products respectively.

While the lack of QualityPro and GreenPro certifications is in no way an indictment on Hawx’s professionalism or safety standards, it does require customers to conduct additional vetting of the company to ensure it is avoiding predatory sales tactics, and the irresponsible use of chemical substances potentially harmful to humans and household pets.

The Bottom Line

With nearly a decade of experience under its belt, Hawx Pest Control is one of the more experienced pest control companies in the industry. The company possesses a comprehensive knowledge of most major pest control solutions, and grants customers peace of mind with its complementary re-treatment services.

That said, Hawx Pest Control’s services are limited to common insects and rodents. If customers are seeking help with wildlife, insect damage repair, or lawn treatment, they should look elsewhere. Additionally, customers should note the lack of industry-recognized certifications before making their decision. For basic pest control needs, the free initial consultation from Hawx Pest Control is worth the time; for everything else, customers should investigate the top pest control companies.

4.0

Theresa Nischik Sheboygan, WI

Did not solve my pest problem. When I voiced some concern they were indifferent. Came to appts that had been cancelled or rescheduled.

Karen Milwaukee, WI

The employees are polite and courteous. I would like to see them be a bit more careful when spraying. It always seems to get all over the windows and on my decorative ornaments. It leaves spots that are hard to get off.

Mary Lou Varney Thiensville, WI

Technician very knowledgeable and trustworthy.

Greg Delavan, WI

Horrible customer service and lack of completing a job.

Warren Muskego, WI

Very good. Ever since having Hawx pest control, we have little to no pests in the house.

Juan Gomez Racine, WI

Hawx is easy to work with when scheduling times for them to spray the inside of my home.

CeCe Green Lake, WI

Have been using Hawk since 2019 for a black ant problem on the outside of my home. Black ant problem went away after 2 treatments. Have them come out 3 times a year to ensure the ants stay away. I also use them in the summer months for mosquitos and have been happy with the results.

Jessie Renwick Trevor, WI

They come in a timely manner. However after over a year I cannot say I have noticed a difference in mosquitos. Will probably try someone else.

Judy Kenosha, WI

Nice rep. and good follow-up service too.

Mark Nadolski Menomonee Falls, WI

The team has been great since we joined. Took care of our problem areas prior to joining.

Peggy Stange New Berlin, WI

It is hit and miss with the help. The first year they were great the second year it was hit or miss on the techs. One would take 5 minutes when it is a 30 minute job. I had to call them back once and almost twice. I recommended them to a friend and they did not show up when they were suppose to and when they did the job was not done well.

Priscilla Ollanketo Pleasant Prairie, WI

I have been happy with their service. I have less bugs in the outside of home. 😍

Matthew Keller Janesville, WI

They charge you for services not done to your property and then argue with you when you have it on camera!!

Suzanne Simmons Kenosha, WI

Appears to be handling our pest control issues without any problems

NN Cleveland, WI

Good service. They are very responsive. If something is not right, they will fix it.

Kay Leonard Hartland, WI

They have listened to my concerns and always respect my home, while explaining what they will be doing that day.

Mike M. Milwaukee, WI

They are very informative. Show up when scheduled

Robert Ewald Brookfield, WI

Good, like they come to door before treatment to explain what they will be doing, have a pet so big concern.

Paul Fond Du Lac, WI

I had a problem with ants in my yard and around my house and I was unsuccessful in dealing with myself and Hawx took care of it the very first visit.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Paul. We are delighted to hear that you have been satisfied with the services thus far. We look forward to keeping your home pest free!

Renae Union Grove, WI

Here's my feedback. Number one it was not verbally told me up front that if I wanted to cancel my contract I only had three days to do it. I read that in fine print after three days was over so then I felt like I was stuck.The other feedback is everytime that I called to speak to a representative about how many more trips that I had for the pest control, the mosquito control each one of them gave me a different answer and I talked to three different people there at various times over the year, another man had the same story also how they communicate to me was another conflict from the representative the home office 1800 number I would get emails instead of text messages and I said well everytime I had a text message previously she said well that's not here in your chart so there's a lot of miscommunication with customer service.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Renae, We are so sorry to hear of the frustrations you’ve experienced with our company. We would like to look into this matter further. We are unable to find your account in our system, so we ask that you please give our office a call at 855-527-2343 at your earliest convenience.

Jose Milwaukee, WI

I chose to work with Hawx Pest Control because they were the most reasonably priced and they take care of any issues that ever came up.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for the review, Jose. We are very lucky to have employees on our team who strive to provide great service. Don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we are able to assist with!

Gerald Mukwonago, WI

They kept me informed at all times when they were going to be here. The representatives of the service people I talked to told me what they're going to do that day and gave me a price and they were true to their word.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

We strive to provide great service, and we are happy to hear that the representative went above and beyond to address the concerns you were seeing around the home. Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we are able to assist with!

Ray Fond Du Lac, WI

Someone came to my door and I happened to be looking for pest control for ants in my backyard. It was the perfect timing. They've done what they said they would.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for the review, Ray. We are very lucky to have employees like this on our team who strive to provide great service for our customers. Don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we are able to assist with!

Scott Watertown, WI

The value for the money is pretty good and I would recommend them.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Scott. We are delighted to hear that you have been satisfied with the services thus far. We look forward to keeping your home pest free!

Susan Fort Atkinson, WI

Customer service has been very helpful to me and I am happy with the outcome because all the insects are gone.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

We appreciate the feedback, Susan! We are happy to hear that our team was able to address the concerns you were seeing around the home in a professional and thorough manner. Thank you for being a valued customer!

Anonymous Waukesha, WI

I believe that Hawx Pest Control is fairly priced and they've done a good job.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

We appreciate the feedback! We are happy to hear that our team was able to address the concerns you were seeing around the home in a professional and thorough manner. Thank you for being a valued customer!

Jack Kenosha, WI

I am happy with the customer support because they're very easy to talk to.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for showing your appreciation, Jack. We are very lucky to have employees on our team who strive to provide great service. Don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we are able to assist with!

Andrew Brookfield, WI

This is the worst company I've ever done business with. I would never recommend them to my worst enemy. I couldn't imagine a worse run business. I was coerced into signing a contract I was lied to by the salesman--this company is the worst.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Andrew, We are so sorry to hear of the frustrations you’ve experienced with our company. These are definitely not business practices that we follow, and we would like to look into this matter further. We are unable to find your account in our system, so we ask that you please give our office a call at 855-527-2343 at your earliest convenience.

Anonymous Pleasant Prairie, WI

I was pleased with customer support because they explained what they were doing.

Glenn Racine, WI

I needed Mosquito control and they never showed up on time or on schedule.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Glenn, We are sorry to hear about the negative experience you’ve had with our company. These are definitely not business practices that we follow, and we would like to look into this matter further. We are unable to find your account in our system, so we ask that you please give our office a call at 855-527-2343 at your earliest convenience.

Ron Fredonia, WI

Hawx Pest Control does a decent job. I got their services a couple years ago, and I would recommend them to others. I've already recommended them to some people.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Ron. We are delighted to hear that you have been satisfied with the services thus far. We look forward to keeping your home pest free!

Barbara Racine, WI

Someone came to the door and I found him very knowledgeable and nice. I haven't seen any bugs.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for showing your appreciation, Barbara. We are delighted to hear that you have been satisfied with the services we have provided thus far. We look forward to keeping your home pest free!

Joe Fond Du Lac, WI

It's hard to get a hold of them after they set the appointment. You can't reply to any of the electronic things they send you. You have to call them and sometimes they're not available.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Joe, We are so sorry to hear of the frustrations you’ve experienced with our company. We will look into this further to assure all lines of communication are properly working.

Brenda Waterford, WI

I had thought they had said that rodent control and we have problems with chipmunks and they say they don't take a look so that's where my issue lies right now.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Brenda. Unfortunately chipmunks are not covered under our rodent control program. We would be more than happy to discuss our services with you. We are unable to find your account in our system, so we ask that you please give our office a call at 855-527-2343 at your earliest convenience.

Kellie Sussex, WI

They're always very reliable and I don't ever have issues with the guy.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for the kind words, Kellie. We are delighted to hear that you have been satisfied with the services thus far. We look forward to keeping your home pest free!

William Milwaukee, WI

Seems like they're very personable. I mean they listen to anything you have to say and then try to accommodate.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for the review, William. We are very lucky to have employees on our team who strive to provide great service. Don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we are able to assist with!

Anonymous Sturtevant, WI

They always answer every question and if I need anything they are always very helpful.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

We appreciate the feedback! We are happy to hear that our team was able to assist you in a professional and thorough manner. Thank you for being a valued customer!

Susan Germantown, WI

I’ve been very happy with them Hawx. They are very nice and polite. We don’t have any trouble with bugs.

Stacy Plymouth, WI

Communication is excellent and we’ve noticed a significant improvement in our yard each time they come.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

We appreciate the feedback, Stacy! We are happy to hear that our team was able to address the concerns you were seeing around the home in a professional and thorough manner. Thank you for being a valued customer!

Mike Janesville, WI

The salesperson did a very good job explaining things but customer service can be spotty sometimes. It needs some consistency. They never seem to answer my phone calls.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Mike, We are so sorry to hear of the frustrations you’ve experienced with our company. We will be looking into this matter further.

Rob Thiensville, WI

It's a good value. They have a good mosquito treatment. They also took care of the hornets that cropped up on my property.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for the review, Rob. We are very lucky to have employees on our team who strive to provide great service. Don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we are able to assist with!

Aaron Sheboygan, WI

They have a very nice sales person. I have seen a lot less pests and I don’t have any negative things to say about it.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for the kind words, Aaron. We are delighted to hear that you have been satisfied with the services thus far. We look forward to keeping your home pest free!

Lee Kenosha, WI

Good pricing. Everything is done quickly. Never need to have extra service calls. They have done a great job.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for the review, Lee. We strive to provide great service, and we are happy to hear that our team went above and beyond to address the concerns you were seeing around the home. Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we are able to assist with!

Anonymous Menomonee Falls, WI

They’ve been terrific every time I’ve called them. It is very thorough and all my concerns are addressed except they can’t get rid of the stink bug for some reason.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

We appreciate the feedback. We always offer free re-services if you are still seeing any pests. Please contact our office at 855-527-2343 with any questions or concerns.

J Hartford, WI

We don’t have as many mosquitos as we did so it did help. The quality is good.

Jon Cambridge, WI

Every time I've had an issue, I've been able to call and resolve it. We still have rodents that are destroying our wall and that's part of the reason we got the service.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Jon. We would be happy to send out a manager to assist with any issues.

Mike Hartland, WI

Mosquitoes have not been around since Hawx started coming out. They have been very professional and courteous.

Frank Oconomowoc, WI

Highly recommend. They are really good about getting rid of mosquitos though they are a little expensive compared to other places.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

We appreciate the feedback, Frank.

Dorene Jefferson, WI

I think they are very fair. I am satisfied with their agents. They are very friendly and professional. They take good care of me as a customer. If I have any questions about something they are always there with a satisfactory answer.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Dorene, We are delighted to hear that you have been satisfied with the services we have provided thus far. We look forward to keeping your home pest free!

Bruce Delavan, WI

Hawx came when they said they would. It works, though I would like more frequent application.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for the review, Bruce. We offer bi-monthly and quarterly services. Please contact our office at 855-527-2343 with any questions!