American Pest Logo

American Pest

9.1

Founded in 1925, American Pest is a top rated pest control company for homes and businesses throughout Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia. The company offers protection against over 30 general pests including spiders, rodents, ticks, bed bugs, termites, and mosquitoes. The American Pest control team consists of over 160 brand ambassadors who are service professionals in pest prevention and customer experience.

In addition to over 160 expertly-trained pest professionals, American Pest control has four board certified entomologists, eleven associate certified entomologists, and over 30 state-certified technicians. Services provided by American Pest are QualityPro & Quality Pro Green accredited by NPMA, the industry’s highest mark of excellence, for their integration of non-toxic methods and low impact EPA-labeled products.

The company credits its longstanding tradition of excellence to its people, who provide quality pest control solutions to over 15,000 homes and businesses and millions of square feet of federal offices and institutions throughout the area.

The Good

• One-Time or Seasonal Coverage
  • Simple Pricing
  • Pest Free Pledge Guarantee
  • Variety of Services

One-Time or Seasonal Coverage

Unlike most pest control companies, American Pest conrol offers seasonal coverage or one-time treatments. The company has a variety of regular service options, so you can choose which coverage works best for you.

Simple Pricing

American Pest control offers safe, affordable and environmentally friendly pest solutions with quarterly and monthly plans to get rid of common pests. Customers can choose from the plans listed below:

• Preferred Care: Pest Control
    • Monthly Service
    • 6–7 Services per Year
    • Exterior Mosquito and Tick Spraying

Pest Free Pledge Guarantee

All regular services include the pest free pledge guarantee, which states if pests return between services the company will send a technician to return at no additional cost.

Variety of Services

American Pest control offers treatments for a variety of pests including ants, mice, rats, spiders, stinging insects, carpet beetles, interior fleas, stink bugs, cockroaches, house centipedes, millipedes, silverfish, earwigs, and 30 plus home invading pests. They also have a mosquito and tick program for their active months and offer k9 bed bug inspection and bed bug heat treatments for single-family homes.

The Bad

Limited Service Area

American Pest control only services Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia, which does limit the service area. If you are located in those areas, this will be an excellent fit for you.

The Bottom Line

American Pest seems like an all around great company for your pest control needs, as long as you are in the greater Washington, D.C. area. The company promises to rid of pests by hiring service professionals, providing world-class training, and applying Integrated Pest Management practices that are environmentally friendly. American Pest control offers various pest control services for both residential and commercial properties.

For more information, customers can contact American Pest control by phone or visit the website and request a free pest control estimate.

American Pest received the Award of Excellence from the United States Department of State in 2004 and for six years was a recipient of the Angie's List Super Service Award (2011-2016). American Pest also boasts an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB business). If you’re looking to get rid of unwanted pests, the company guarantees you will be satisfied with its services.

Call our recommended rep over at American Pest below.

not_listed_location

American Pest Frequently Asked Questions

Is American Pest licensed to perform pest control? What kind of credentials do the technicians and the company have?

American Pest has the appropriate state licensing to conduct pest control operations in the Mid-Atlantic region. In addition, American Pest technicians are individually state-licensed pesticide applicators for the areas covered by their service routes.

What kind of regulations are in place for the pest control products used by American Pest?

Your safety is our number one priority. At American Pest, we only use pest management products that have been tested and labeled for domestic and commercial use by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). From there, the products are only used in strict adherence to their safety and MSDS labels.

What information will I need on-hand when booking an appointment for service?

To ease the process of scheduling, tell the customer service representative (CSR) if you are a new client. If you are already on service, please have your account number ready. The representative will also ask if you are a homeowner, property owner or tenant and what type of pest(s) you are interested in having eliminated. Finally, the CSR will need to know whether you require an emergency service (within 24 hours) or whether the pest problem can be treated during your next service.

When will an American Pest technician arrive at my home?

Ninety-five percent of our customers do not need to be home during routine, preventive pest control services. For interior needs, American Pest schedules appointments at two-hour intervals. This means our first appointment of the day is scheduled between 7:00–9:00 a.m. Our last appointment of the day is scheduled between 4:00–6:00 p.m.

How quickly can you get here?

We understand that some pest problems develop quickly and without notice. For emergent needs, we strive to arrive the same or very next day. Speak to one of our representatives to learn more about same-day service options.

Can American Pest help me to identify an insect?

Yes. The Entomological Department at American Pest is equipped with a lab and the resources to identify your insect. Simply place your insect(s) in a small container and mail it to us. Do not use resealable plastic baggies or envelopes as the bugs will be crushed into indistinguishable pieces. Please enclose your full name, email and phone number so that we can get back to you with our findings. Allow 3–5 business days for our response as we are often busy handling similar requests.

How will American Pest protect the privacy of my business?

At American Pest, we understand that brand reputation is of utmost importance, which is why client confidentiality is our number one priority. American Pest professionals will maintain your privacy from the very first contact and in all practices and procedures during the normal course of doing business with you. To that end, we take every relationship seriously and will extend our policy of confidentiality to all of our clients.

What kind of guarantee does American Pest offer?

American Pest stands by its Pest Free Pledge: "If Pests Return, So Do We!" In the event that an unexpected pest problem arises before your next regular service, American Pest will come out and take care of it at no additional cost to you.

I have children and pets. What does American Pest do to keep families safe during interior treatments?

Most pest issues originate from the exterior of the home, which is why we take an outside-in approach to controlling and preventing problem pests. Occasionally it becomes necessary to target interior areas of the home for pests such as ants, mice, or bed bugs. Rest assured, we take every precaution to ensure that you and yours are not at risk while our technicians work inside and around your home. If/when interior service is needed, we will use EPA-approved materials in targeted areas, using the least amount of product necessary to combat the issue.

Does American Pest provide LEED-certified pest control solutions?

Yes. American Pest understands the rigors involved in achieving LEED Green building certification. That’s why we’ve employed a LEED Green Associate to help you to achieve your green building goals. At American Pest, our LEED-certified Pest Control Solutions can help to provide you with two credits toward your LEED certification.  Contact us to learn more.

bookmark

Featured Review

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

American Pest is a great service using qualified and trustworthy technicians. They are speedy and punctual. Best of all they are economical. Scheduling is always easy and their staff is friendly and helpful. I trust that my pest issues are resolved everytime with American Pest.

bookmark

Featured Review

Roman Christiansen Pleasant Grove, UT

American Pest Control came to my house and took care of all my pest problems! Everything went smoothly and the guy was great!

Stephanye Loftin Lanham, MD

There is too steep a gorge between my expectations for service and AmericanPest’s capability to provide service as promised. Thrice, its lack of commitment underscoreed my concern: * Ryann scheduled my initial inspection for bedbugs for Tuesday, July 14 between 9 and 11am. This did not happen. An additional concern was that I received no follow-up contract from anyone associated with AmericanPest. After I again contacted Ryann, a new timetable was set for the next day. * Verbally, I was told with reinforcement via email that Torrence was being scheduled to arrive no later than 1pm the next day (July 15). He did not. * Additionally, Ryann assured me, verbally and via email, that “if [Torrence] is running late [he will] notify [Ryann] immediately so that [Ryann] may be in contact” with me. Neither did this courtesy occur. Consequently, these breaches of trust terminate my current and future business dealings with AmericanPest. Hopefully, the standard AmericanPest revealed to me does not mirror the industry’s standard.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

American Pest has been an efficient company to use for pest control. They always rid my house from any kids of insects after they come and spray. Their technicians are friendly and knowledgeable, and quick to finish their services. The appointment is kept and they are on time every time. I will only use American Pest as they are the right choice.

kennedi Pleasant Grove, UT

american pest coverage is outstanding. We never had problems after they came. They always call ahead of time, and notify me when complete. very recommended

American Pest Logo

Reply from American Pest

Thanks for the kind words, Kennedi! We're happy to hear that our services exceed your expectations. We will keep working hard and look forward to seeing you at your next service! If you should need anything before then, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

Nov. 30th, 2018

Robin Alexandria, VA

I have had no signs of bugs since I started their service.

Celeste O Centreville, VA

I really like my tech Beth. She is knowledgable, friendly, thorough and follows up with my questions or concerns.

homeowner Washington, DC

this company provides quality service, affordability and dependability.

Kay Annapolis, MD

the company came out and gave a realistic assessment of our needs. Their price seemed fair in comparison with other companies so I signed on with them. I am very pleased that I did. They are reliable. I get an e-mail in advance of their visits so if I have a specific need or question, I can be there when they arrive. Their work is comprehensive. Their people are professional, courious and helpful. They have taken care of problems when we have called. As a result of their excellent service, I have continued to use them. I recommend the company very highly.

Brenda Leesburg, VA

When we discovered a wasp nest hanging over the sidewalk by our driveway, American Pest sent someone out quickly to remove it.

Clay/Watkins Washington, DC

American Pest has proven to be consistent, thorough and involved when dealing with our rodent issues.

A irene kress Ellicott City, MD

Friendly efficient effective dependable. I have already recommended them to others .

Anonymous Ellicott City, MD

good work, timely service, willing to explain services and knowledgeable

Dave Fulton, MD

this company makes commitments and keeps them. The quality of the product is unparalleled.

Anonymous Lanham, MD

Came when requested, eradicated the insects.

Elizabeth Phillips Temple Hills, MD

Good treatment of ant problem. Regular monitor of possible termites, mice. Not so good anymore about outdoor "mopping" of spider webs (last year this was done each visit)

Anonymous Washington, DC

Customer service is not the best in communicating. Also it too a t least a year to get the pest issue under control.

Maria Lorton, VA

Very courteous. They always check with me to see if there are any problems. They spend as much time as needed treating the house and will come back if additional treatment is needed. All of the employees know what they are doing and seem to be happy to help.

Rita Silver Spring, MD

Great people. Have been a customer for many years. Sam and Keith are so personable.

Brian Aldie, VA

Level of service has been declining. Missed last scheduled appointment without notfication...Then did not complete all of the services technician committed to performing.

Anonymous Aldie, VA

Not up to expectations. Just come and check the box. Do not ask customer or pay attention to what customer wants to be taken care of

McLean homeowner McLean, VA

They do an excellent job of keeping us termite free while not using anything that could harm our bees since we keep bees.

Randall Southers Pasadena, MD

I signed up for the termite service, but it's been probably over a year and the stations have never been inspected. Last fall I asked about it and they stated it was best to inspect while warm. Sumeer is gone and still no inspection.

Mark Arlington, VA

They eventually fixed the problem but the customer service left a lot to be desired

I think the gentleman who my mother and I really apppreciate is Brian. Monrovia, MD

They arrive same day they say, always. The guys that have come have been very very pleasent to talk with.

C. Conrad Chantilly, VA

The people associated with the company are all great. I took off a star because I am not sure that the product is totally effective.

anonymous Rockville, MD

knowledgeable, reliable, professional, follow through

Anonymous Chevy Chase, MD

Because I set up an appointment to be home so the technician could take care of several problems, but he only addressed one and then left and I didn't know until later.

Anonymous Fredericksburg, VA

reasonable price; perform the service as advertised

Anonymous Washington, DC

Always on time, accomodates our need for early mornings (7-9 am timeslot), pests are under control, very knowledgable and personal technician (currently)

Wilson Cooksville, MD

Outstanding service Great response time resolving un anticipated pest issues. Very professional and competent technicians.

shay Ashburn, VA

On schedule, good people who do a great job.

Customer Columbia, MD

Charge you after completing service. I have a monthly plan with the company and I am charged once a technician completes the inspection and applies the pestidcide

M Perez Centreville, VA

Our Tech Beth is very through and very knowlegable does a great job.

None. Burtonsville, MD

They do not coordinate appointment times with the customer; they just assign one to you that's convenient for them.

NA Ft. Washington, MD

Professional service, knowledge of service and product

Anonymous Leesburg, VA

Only because of the guy who comes here to service me. I did not like the dictatorial tone f oneyour written correspondence, but on the fone your answerer is as nice and helpful as can be . A full day service window needs to be revised to max a half day.

Susan Bowie, MD

Great service. Thorough, friendly. Prompt return visits. I've had a lot of pest companies and they are the best I've ever had. They have been doing our service for years. I can't believe I spent money in the past on the bigger named companies.

Ron Miner Aldie, VA

American Pest has wonderful techs. They arrive on time and are very professional. Great value and price.

Kelly C Stafford, VA

Very professional and friendly technicians

customer Kensington, MD

All issues have been addressed satisfactory to he present.

Anonymous Nokesville, VA

Friendly and quick service. Very responsive.

Anonymous Potomac, MD

they are always on time and take care of any problem we have

Laura S. Fredericksburg, VA

The technicians and customer service has always been so nice and helpful.

Thomas Shafer Warrenton, VA

competent and friendly technician, keep him!

Anonymous Silver Spring, MD

They are courteous, responsive, and cost-effective.

Mary Fairfax, VA

They are always extremely professional, answer questions, and are proactive in determining where issues are or may be arising.

Anonymous Severn, MD

They alway do a detailed job around my house

Anonymous Bristow, VA

Good service. Always ready to address our needs.

Anonymous Potomac, MD

Customer service is responsive and technicians are courteous and thorough.