Synchrony Bank Logo

3.2

Tyler Pew

Wow! Bad customer service, worse online experience. I got dinged on my credit because I could not get the account set up and the payment was late. Then the customer service told be to call a different number which was disconnected after 1.5 hrs on the phone. Do not use this bank and or Care Credit!

John Roberts Charleston, WV

i had them thru amazon i closed my account which is paid in full. they still took 44 dollars out of my debit card and i may not pay my phone bill now. if not im hoping to go thru small claims court to make syn pay my phone bill and get it back in good standings. im on disability so every dollar counts.

hilda leon Washington, DC

I pay more in interest fees than paying off my balance. Steal your money.

William Deiss Southampton, PA

This is one screwed up bank. I applied for a Lowe's credit card which is issued by Synchrony Bank, and they turned my down even though my credit score is over 800, I have no debt, and my income is in excess of $400,000 per year. When I asked why I had been turned down, the only response that I was given was that I had to wait seven to ten days for a letter from them. I wrote to Lowe's and told them that they need to find a new credit card partner.

Chris Wiler Phoenix, AZ

Online service are the worst. Have several credit cards from various banks, the three I have with synchrony Bank are the biggest pain to pay. Sure there is the pay as guest feature they throw at us, but I like how all the other banks have reliable app services.. The one app I have available is for care credit and it is glitchy and always forgets my information so I have to go through a myriad of steps to get back into which defeats the purpose of the app. Don't bother calling customer service over anything, more than a 40min wait everytime and they are always less than helpful.

Lee M Gainesville, GA

Never sent statements and reported me for missed payments. Got that straightened out, but then they still NEVER sent me a statement. They also said they were sending me a Discount Tire credit card. It never came. VERY long wait each time I called them, and finding a number to call on their website s VERY hard! Since all of my accounts with them are with store credits and Paypal. I will be paying them off ASAP and dropping those store credit cards as fast as I can. Goodbye Walmart, Discount Tire, and Paypal. I'll use my other credit cards that have better customer service.

GoBears64 Chicago, IL

Not good at all! they close all Credit cards, there reason:( High risk of not pay back) WOW mind you 3 of those accounts had a zero balance and the rest had very low balance on them were they get this Ridiculous reason that’s my million dollar question. I Have a 100% pay history for a long time if they don’t appreciate my business it’s time for them to go other banks will appreciate my business.

Joe Ferraro Haverhill, MA

I was recently informed by Credit Karma that one of my Synchrony bank card accounts was closed. When I logged in to verify this, I found that Synchrony closed the account for inactivity. While they *may* be within their contractual rights to do so, doing so without notifying their customers seems like a shady and deadbeat move. I won't tolerate banks like this toying with consumer's credit files. Any relationships with Synchrony, via store cards, PayPal, and alike, are now severed.

tomget Napa, CA

The worst experience so far is that instead of closing my 12 month CD and depositing the money in my local WFB account as I asked them to do via phone..they actually went and withdrew that exact amount from my WFB checking and added it to and renewed the existing Synchrony CD..can you believe that..?? wow..my head is still swirling..trying to solve it..complained to my senator.

J Bailey ,

If I could give them no stars, I would. WHAT KIND OF A BANK IS IT IF YOU CANNOT MAKE AN ONLINE PAYMENT? They charge any additional fee they can. Made a payment over the phone, got a confirmation number and days later they claimed no payment was made. Had a payment automatically draw from my bank 5 days prior to the due date. They can’t even manage posting payments in a timely manner. RUDE customer service with an attitude. Do not deal with this horrible bank!!

Keycharita Gardner New Castle, DE

This company is a sham! I have made on time payments since having this card (about 2 years). I decide to pay in full so I can do a little shopping, just to look at my account and see my credit limit dropped from 1,000 to 350.00. The rage I felt was so unreal. I tried to give it time and see if the company would fix this but has given me a hard time since. Balance paid off, card CLOSED! It is not worth the stress.

Shantaye Johnson Fayetteville, AR

I WILL MAKE SURE IGIVE THIS COMPANY A BAD NAME. I PAID A 2700.00 BILL OFF IN OCT 19 AND BCUZ I HAVEN'T USE SINE IN APR 20 THEY DROPPED MY LIMIT TO 250.00. IF I HAD CREDIT ALREADY WHY GO CHECK MY CREDIT AGAIN WHEN YOU KNOW THE WORLD IN A GLOBAL PANDEMIC. SO OF COURSE MY CREDIT LIMIT ON CARDS WILL BE HIGH. THANKS FOR NOTHING I WILL MAKE SURE MY 8 FAMILY MEMBERS CLOSE THEIR ACCOUTS AND EVERYONE I KNOW NEVER USE YOU AGAIN

shan

Awful interface, on weblog on, on top of that billed me many times erroneously for the same service and debited my bank account twice on auto-pay a few months. Sams Club, Amazon, etc all use this under par bank for credit services. Use a reputable Bank or card service. This is a nightmare of a bank. Cant save passwords as the header is the same for all accounts and different service provided. Its IT services are done by amateurs. Cant provide a statement to see properly on their credit card sites.

Richard Mentor, OH

For some reason they blocked my account due to fraudant activity, I guess. They wanted me to go through a verification process....take a pic of myself on phone, photo of credit card front and back...video of me rolling my eyes for 5 seconds,and then send a pic of my driver's license. They wouldn't verify me by my security answers or my landline. Now I have to wait 2 weeks for a letter with ANOTHER verification code even though the two they gave me on my phone wasn't good enough. I am NOT comfortable doing all of this and will most likely cancel it.

Jose palomino Cementon, PA

Totally disappointed. They give 12 months 0% interest and I almost paid off everything. So I end it up own then only $1400 and after the 12 months 0% expires I was expecting that they will charge me interest for the amount I own actually. But that was Absolutely not. They charge me interest from the total amount I lend. I was totally disappointed and I’m going to take legal action about this. If someone has same situation please feel free to join me.

Debbie Stancliff Flowery Branch, GA

This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with thru QVC. I called and ask what my interest rate was and was told I did not have a percentage rate that it was a daily rate. Then I was told everyone who has a Q card has a 26% rate. I called to get my balance and complained about the rate and was speaking to a supervisor and after giving me my balance he told me he was with Walmart not QVC he pretended to transfer me and of course I was hung up on. I will never shop with QVC again if this is how they choose to do business.

Heather Hale Tampa, FL

After they bought CitiHealth, they failed to actually test the system to ensure that you can get registered. No matter what you enter, they find your Citi account, but you can't register. The page refreshes over & over without any errors or registration. My payment is now late because they shut down payments on the Citi site before the actual buyout too.

Cheryl Sagalow Chicago, IL

This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. They try to use only automation. Pulling my own teeth would be easier than getting answers from this company. DO NOT USE them unless you have the time to spend 8 hours on the phone. Their website continues to tell me I do not know my login, then it tells me I do not know my password. Every month I call customer service, use the same login, same password and they finally give me the balance of the account. It is scarey to have this bank working with my finances.

Tracy Morrison Profit Caldwell, ID

I never complain, but today I have had enough. Since Synchrony Bank has taken over my Old Navy, JcPenny and Walmart credit cards (they use to be with GECapital), they have lowered my credit limit on all of them, not because I'm late, not because I'm over my limit, and NOW just here in the last 2 weeks they lowered my Old Navy account AGAIN....I know, you're asking Why? If I could answer that question, I would, but I can't, because I have no idea. They don't return calls. I rate them the worse company to deal with and now I will make a strategic plan to pay them off and cut them up!

ash Bethesda, MD

Synchrony Bank handles charges for QVC. I have done business with QVC for years and pay my charges IN FULL each month. However, in August I was exceptionally busy and the bill was misplaced on my desk. I received a very harsh notice from Synchrony Bank and a further email referencing "debt collection." I have contacted QVC and substituted my own credit card so as not to have to deal with Synchrony in the future. They do not differentiate between those who pay regularly and those who are regularly/frequently deliquent. Miss one payment and you are treated like a common criminal.

Ingrid B Dallas, TX

This bank still lives in the 80's and is not updated whatsoever. Customer service sucks big time!

Senioragent1 Dallas, TX

Synchrony just closed 7 cards of mine for no apparent reason. All were paid on time and had low balances. I make over 200,000 a year, what is going on with this company?

Charles Lavery Hickory, NC

The only trouble I've had is using my welcome home card is, I can't use it even with businesses that use Synchrony financing. I don't understand why?

Shane Gaddy St Louis, MO

Terrible bank to do business with they will close your account for no reason even if you were a good customer and paid off your account there are better banks out there!

Linda Ventura Apopka, FL

When you pay off a vehicle They do not release The lean so you can get a title. I have been calling for over 3 months and still nothing. My suggestion avoid this company at all cost. I really wish that I could do 0 stars.

Robert Feinstein North Bergen, NJ

terrible, stay away Pay for your sevices and dont get interest free. Bad Bank Reps are poorly trained I had to take a bath after speaking with them, used car salepeople Stay away

Tom Williams Vancouver, WA

They took a large payment from me, then told me it would not reflect in my available credit for nearly 2 weeks. Talked to customer service but they couldn't do anything to rectify this. Completely useless, and ended up ending our chat session abruptly after I told them I'd be closing my account. Awful.

NReneeW Woodbridge, VA

Call center reps only line of communication and no way to communicate with “corporate.” Tried for months to resolve issues with a refund owed to me for an account that was paid in full through all modes (phone, fax and email). Would not recommend this bank for any sort of financing.

James King Garden City, MI

A very very very bad company I don't recommend anyone deal with these gangsters, crooks how they do people how is you pay your 💳 on time pay it completely off then get lowered what's the point in having the card if you can barely use it makes no sense at all.

Eric shane Panama City, FL

They will give it to anyone but then as soon as you have an emergency and get uoto 80 percent, like I did. they cut my limit down so my balance was over my max, killed my 700 scores. Never do business with them. Now, even after I have a zero balance they wont raise my limit. No problem, you get my business. Jacks.

Katrina Cook Springfield, MO

Absolutely horrid website. It's practically impossible to make a payment online. My passwords never work even though I save them in my notes EVERY SINGLE TIME I have ever had to change them... which is everytime... because the site will never recognize them. Thanks for wasting gobs of my time Synchrony!!!!!!!!!!

Katherine Malone Cincinnati, OH

The customer service at synchrony bank through Sam's Club is awful and there's no excuse for this. I've worked in customer service in companies before and would've never done a customer this way . Putting me on hold and transferring me. I went on for 55 fifty five minutes and problem not resolved.

AngryApplicant Gulfport, MS

Bank ran credit when they were unable to verify identification. Credit took a hit AND they rejected the application because they were unable to verify identity. I am currently discussing the situation with them and looking for others that have had this happen. I am looking to possibly file a class action lawsuit.

Robert M. Knight Cleveland, TN

Horrible Customer service , Denied prepaid card agreed to for getting card , through DISCOUNT TIRE False late fees.. Statements mailed late to cause late fees.. I had to close the account to avoid more late fees. I will join anyone who wants to file a class action suit against these THIEVES

Rohinton Bhandari Sunnyvale, CA

Even though I paid a huge chunk over and above the monthly payment (say for the next 12 months) they still charge me a late fee claiming that I need to pay them every month and that my lump sum payments only amounted to reduction of principal.

Unhappy Cardholder New Braunfels, TX

After making a payment, my account was placed on hold for 12 days. The reason? Because I paid before my due date!!! Really!!! My payment is due on the 7th of each month and I paid on the 23rd and for that I’m penalized. This bank has some crazy rules. They get mad because you pay early. What a JOKE!!!

JP Cypress, CA

I applied for a credit card to buy roof materials from Lowes. They gave me $4000 without any verification but refused to increase to $8000. Chase gave me $20K and 65000 miles that is free 5 one way tickets on United. Synchrony may reconsider the efficiency of their credit verification division. It is poor.

Fred Johnson Port Royal, SC

This bank has some of the highest rates I ever saw in Amazon. I will use my other credit card for purchases from Amazon and will never use this bank again. Piss poor customer relations. Unclear billing practices.

Natasha Salt Lake City, UT

I have a loan through them. The interest rates are pretty good. I haven't had any problems with them. The customer service is good.

joe

Worst Customer Service Ever!!!! 4 months and still going to resolve a disputed charge and being charged interest doing the promotional period.

Mary DeLaBarre Colorado Springs, CO

Don't do business with this bank. They will close your accounts with no explanation. Poor poor customers service. Worst bank ever!!!

Char Cleveland, OH

I applied for credit card with one thier parent branch. They quoted an incorrect Transunion score; significant under twenty points difference!

Jennifer Omaha, NE

They are destroying my credit!!! They closed 3 of my accounts out of the blue with no warning!! I dont know what to do,this should be illegal,im devastated

Marsha McLean Midvale, UT

I’d like to put no stars! Fraudulent and totally inaccurate in their conversations and bookkeeping! I tried twice to put automatic deduction. They said I did not talk to anyone, BS!

Nancy W Washington, DC

Don't get cards from this company, Had credit cards and due to the pandemic decided to lower my credit limit and also when it was paid off closed the accounts making my credit score do down. Not happy with this Company

Joon Kim Las Vegas, NV

Absolutely a nighmare 1. their website does not work 2. they don't have lock feature 3. I was lured in by the 2% reward but everything is fishy at synchrony. Going back to Chase

Margot Morshuis-Coleman Charlottesville, VA

They lower your credit limit without any reason. What that means is you suddenly have a 90% balance on your card? They suck. No, you’re not amazing at all.

Charles Dickson Sweeny, TX

A very shady company, the change your account with no notice. I am closing all my accounts and will never use them again. I suggest anyone find other means, rather then use these people.

Jau 6429 Albuquerque, NM

Synchrony bank representative took it upon herself to change my credit card mid trip leaving my family and I stranded do not trust this bank

Dixie Doll Washington, DC

Do not recommend. I make my payments on time and still get late charges and they won't wave the late fee even though it's not my fault they took they money out late.