Synchrony Bank Logo

3.2

Alexa Ray Titusville, FL

Withhold of funds for months!!! They have put my money on hold for months now. No answer, no information. I want to close the account, they won't let me. Disgusting policies and customer service.

CHRISTOPHER LANE Simpsonville, SC

Our overall experience with Synchrony has been excellent. We both have credit ratings of over 800, but we sometimes use their card to purchase a quickly needed item and simply pay it off over a short amount of time without incurring the finance charges, simply because a smaller payment for a short period of time may fit our budget more conveniently than taking it all out at once from our checking account. We also have an excellent savings account with them that pays a far higher return than the big brick and mortar banks. Our online experience with all our Synchrony accounts have been excellent and seamless to work with.

DiamondParkCBLEE Lawrenceville, GA

The worse creditor ever!!! Do not obtain any type of credit card from this company. They will screw your credit up by lowering your limit to your utilization and have you maxed out for no reason at all. Closing my account with them and will NEVER EVER use them again! Deuces

Helena Mire Dallas, GA

I made a mistake by opening an account with this bank since they do not have any physical locations; I am obliged to talk to their customer service supervisor. Instead of listening to the concerns I called about, she seemed more interested in listening to herself talk, as if she had more issues to resolve than I did.

carla North Brunswick, NJ

Horrible experience with this banks credit card. 2 hours to apply their app stinks customer service is not good I called and got hung up on. Seriously 15 years ago we used them no issues this time asking for photos and videos then taking you back to start due to their systems doesn't work well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HORRIBLE.

Becky Morris Perrysburg, OH

They lower my credit limit constantly! I make payments so then they lower it to my utilization. Amazon Synchrony has done this once and Synchrony Mastercard has done this twice! So it drastically increases my debt to income which makes my credit look worse!

Lillian Pardo FL

I was sued by GE money for a account that was over 12 years old The attorney that sued me never provided proof that I owed the money I will not do any business with your company again This company will not make another dime from me

Morgan DeKnight

I was forced to over pay by nearly $1,000 and after several weeks on the phone and many promises that a refund check was on the way, they never sent it. Worst banking institution on the planet. Owner is a thief and should be shot. Terrible company

Julia San Antonio, TX

Terrible bank, do not apply for any anything related to this company! Terrible customer service, I applied to finance some furniture at R2G through this bank, I have great credit score, high income, was still rejected with no reason why. Save your time with this company it’s terrible!

Bryan Blanks Atlanta, GA

I had a King Size account for years! I forgot my December 2023 payment they lowered my credit and reported this to all three credit which killed my credit. I am having to resort to 609 credit letters to remove these fools permanently from my credit report!! I hate king size and synchrony!! BYE! BYE!

D L Carlsbad, CA

Just trying to open a new CD account so far has taken a half day and still not done. Now I have to wait for them to approve me to open an account. Seriously, they are the ones who need approval, and they are failing miserably. Now I'm supposed to receive it by snail mail for their approval! Another week or so while rates go down. The worst bank I've ever dealt with by far.

Shilpa I CO

Purchased a Synchrony Home credit card on 11/2022. This was the first time for me to know how this works. I thought in 12 month the amount paid to buy furniture would be paid and autopayment also gets cancelled automatically. In Jan 2024, got to know Synchrony has charged 613$ interest on my account as the full amount in 12 month was not paid. I called the customer care to explain the situation and was the first timer , they did not wave off the amount. Very poor experience with Synchrony. Immediately paid the amount and closed the credit card.

Candi Thomas Chicago, IL

Customer service is terrible once I pay off my credit card I will be closing my account and never again dealing with Synchrony bank. I’ve only called in twice and both times the representative yelled at me and I literally had to go off. English is not their native tongue so basicallly there’s a communication barrier and since they don’t understand what I’m saying they just yell Judging from these reviews I see I’m not the only one that had a terrible experience. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Gwen L. Killeen, TX

I was never late on my payments and always paid more than they amount due every month, and they took my unused credit away after I cancelled a Credit Security Program charge that I found on my bill every month. They were literally charging me $65.00 a month for whatever that Security Program was. I had no idea. I kept wondering why only a few dollars of my payment was being applied to my credit. I am so angry with this company. I have been a loyal customer for years and thats the crap they did. Run, don't walk from this company. They do not have the customers best interest at heart.

Ilene to the left Hutcheson

They suck. They rip people off and no one working there has any brains whatsoever.

Jan Boniface

Over the past 12 hours I have had nothing but problems creating and funding accounts with this institution. Last night, from Facebook, I followed their online application process. All three times, the application got to a point where it froze and would not respond. I decided to wait until morning to open the account. After opening my CD account in the morning, I funded it using a small amount of money. I then wanted to open a larger CD and tried to transfer funds. Their transfer system was telling me I needed two accounts, but did not explain that the second account had to be a Synchrony account that was not a CD. So, I created a high yield savings account. When I tried to fund the account using the same external account I used to fund the CD, I started getting the error "must not be blank". What a super descriptive error message that is. By the way, nothing was left blank. I tried several times to no avail. I then got on a chat with a live rep. Eventually, the rep had to call me on the phone. I cleared cookies. Cleared my cache. Then, a new error started showing up. I tried two other browsers, all with the same result. I want to add that I have 23+ years of software QA experience. This is not an instance of someone not knowing how to use a browser. I have plenty of online and mobile banking experience. This was an absolutely horrible customer experience.

Sarah Hartzog Delta, UT

Synchrony took out a $36,500 loan in my name that I never approved. I have asked for the original loan paperwork and they never provide it. This has been going on now for two years. Shame on you Synchrony. I am a disabled combat veteran who had perfect credit before you got ahold of me. I was approved for a VA home loan, and now because of Synchrony ruining my credit, I am stuck in a home that is not set up for my disabilities and I am getting hurt all of the time. This company should not be in business. They have continually broken laws and their customer service is horrible. Don't use this fraudulent company.

Marty Remillard

This company is behind the multi chain stores such as Beals, Lowes, Credit Care Credit Card. They lie, without warning they just shut off you card even with a zero balance for inactivity for 12 months, then with another card with them they reduce your credit limit, which then reduces your credit score as a result of both those actions which results in a tumbling effect on all your other credit cards cause your credit score to drop further. I went from a score of over 740+ down to a 665 because of them.

Bill Waldorf Knoxville, TN

If I could give them zero stars, I most definitely would. You would think that the CEO of the company would care enough to actually read what customers have to say about their experience with the company. I have an exceptional credit score that I have worked hard to maintain. I just opened an account with Discount Tires simply because they offered 12 months zero interest and it came with a $2,500 credit limit (which pretty much anyone who breathes can get). I wanted to get a second set of tires for my wife's car and requested a credit limit of $5,000 which was declined! What's ironic is that I have an amazon account through synchrony with a credit limit of $20K and Belk stores for $10K. You can't speak to anyone to actually override the algorithm. They just told me I would receive a letter in 7 to 10 days explaining why. Do you really think I care why? I can easily pay for the tires in cash, I just like using 12 months free interest and holding on to my cash anytime that's an option.

Mike Hunt Tampa, FL

Synchrony bank automatically enrolled me in auto payment without my authorization after having the credit card for over a year. As I do monthly, I scheduled an online payment. Today I find out that they took two payments out of my checking account causing overdraft. I contacted the bank and was advised they can send me one of the payments (by check in mail over 2 weeks) but refused to reimburse my NSF fees. I demanded a manager and was told one was not available, but I would get a call back some time over the next 3 days. Worst bank I have ever dealt with; they literally stole money from my account.

Sherrie Echarte' Tempe, AZ

PEOPLE guard your digital wallet with this bank. Twice I had issues with charges being placed on my account that were not mine. They fixed the 1st issue by opening up a new account, only to have more charges accrue. This was raising my blood pressure; I just paid off the accrue purchases and closed the account all together. You can't rely on this institution to protect your credit or to manage any account; they all seem to be going off a script which is apparent and they have little children answering their phone calls. It is best to GET OUT while you're ahead. Synchrony I Am not responsible for any charges that comes through after 11/27/23 because the account is closed. This has been a PSA!!!

Glen Koedding Middletown, NJ

I am deeply dissatisfied with my experience with Synchrony and their Credit Security Service. In April 2021, I opted for a financing option for my new Air Conditioning system, and it has turned into a nightmare. Automatic monthly payments of $285 were set up, and I recently discovered an unauthorized balance of $4,268.37 on November 13, 2023. Shockingly, Synchrony had enrolled me in their Credit Security program without my consent, charging an outrageous $159.5 monthly fee—more than half of my original loan payment. This fee accrued interest at 26.99%, resulting in an unjustifiable balance. When I contacted customer service, they claimed I had "opted in" during the loan application, a fact that was never clearly communicated. Despite my objections, they offered only a partial refund of $1,785.89, insisting I bear responsibility for the remaining $2,482.48. This resolution is unacceptable, as I never willingly enrolled in or desired the Credit Security Service. Paying the contested $2,482.48 under duress is my only option to avoid further interest charges. I urge others to be cautious when dealing with Synchrony, as their unethical practices have had a severe impact on my financial well-being. I've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and requested an investigation with the NJ Department of Banking and Insurance to address potential deceptive practices. Consumers deserve transparency and fairness, neither of which I experienced in this situation.

Christopher Boyum Buffalo Lake, MN

Had 2 new egg cards threw them Both ended uip never being used because syncronys system wont communicate with the website. When talking to Synchronys customer support they tell me that their is a way to fix this and that New Egg Knows about it. I am a regular at Newegg and their customer support is great. They say there is no such thing and that The issue is on Syncrony's end. After back and forth I closed my care Credit and my brand new not 1 day old newegg account and will not be returning to such an incompetent company. These companies using them for their store cards should highly reconsider as they are losing money over synchrony incompetence.

Devon Velasquez (Dev) Idaho Falls, ID

I haven't had any of the difficulties others have with their phone customer service, they've been polite and helpful there. However they can be overly persistent with their collections calls and my biggest gripe, and it's a big one, is that their website is absolutely miserable to use. None of their "features" to do things like recover your account number work at all, they don't make it clear at all what information they need, their captcha verification sometimes takes 10+ attempts.

Nikki R San Jose, CA

If I could give zero stars, I would do so. I have two credit cards with them that have never been paid late or had any issues. One had a 5% utilization and the other had a 40% utilization. They have just lowered my credit limit on both cards drastically, and now I have 100% utilization on both, which has dropped my credit score. I have had these cards with them for over three years and have had absolutely no issues with payments to them. DO NOT use them. There are so many other credit card companies that will not do this to their credit card holders. I will be closing both of my cards with them asap.

Kalani Odum

They have repeatedly pulled payment from my bank account just to turn around and return it causing me to acquire a late fee despite there clearly being enough money in my bank account and the appropriate amount due taken. This happened enough times that it closed my account. I was told to keep my account current to pay a WEEK before the due date because the processing time for payments can be up to five days. What other credit card company does this?! I’ve never had issues making my payments the same day as the due date for any other card company and have excellent payment history but Synchrony has been an absolute nightmare. I have called customer service and asked for a supervisor to which I was told I would receive a call back and then another time told I would receive a correspondence in the mail. Neither happened. If the choice comes to Synchony bank vs another AVOID AVOID AVOID. This return payment issue feels like a scam to get more money out of its customers from late fees and is highly unethical.

J.P. Rutledge Elgin, TX

It is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get a straight answer from their email support. Most of their responses appeared to be copy-paste responses quilted together in an attempt to provide a qualified reply. Nothing gained from any of my interactions from them and each response came from a different agent that would often contradict the response of a previous agent. Eventually they provided a phone support number to call. It kept trying to offer my pre-recorded "solutions" and refused to allow me to talk to a live agent until it ran through all their other offered options. The automated phone support line was horrid until I eventually got to the phone agent who was able to discuss and understand my issue.

Shelly Douglasville, GA

I’m nearly 70 and only my Social Security to depend on. I am in poor health with heart disease, osteoporosis etc. Without notice, they cancelled 2 zero balance credit cards. One card I used in case my car broke down and one for my dog and cats vets. I was never late with payments and had paid off over a year ago. I only kept them for emergencies. Then, yesterday, they took away my available credit of over $5,000 and closed my Lowe’s Credit Card. Never a late payment and, again only used if an appliance broke down or my mobile home needed repair material. Now here I am, totally alone and without transportation because my car broke down in May and Synchrony had closed the account so I can’t afford the nearly $1500 to fix it. My 14 year old dog suddenly became ill and I had no way to get to the vets nor money to pay the vet since they had cancelled that card also in May. My little dog died this September. Please don’t say I should have called Uber because I don’t have the cash or know how for that. They are so heartless and never once reached out to me about anything. I could understand if I missed payments or something, but nothing could be further from the truth. Thanks Synchrony for probably ending my life prematurely because I’m anxious and panicked about my future.

M Criss North Olmsted, OH

Synchrony Bank recently closed 3 of my accounts with them and this decision was completely unwarranted. I had two Guitar Center cards and one Levin Furniture card. I found out about this through a push notification with Credit Karma. I am more so concerned about the Levin account. I called into customer service and the first representative I spoke with was extremely rude. He told me a letter was sent to me and he read the text of that letter. He eventually hung up on me. The reasons for my closure is completely bogus. I understand I agreed to their terms and conditions upon opening the account, but that doesn't mean I can't dispute their decision. I called back in and spoke with a friendly rep who transferred me to a supervisor. The supervisor told me it is impossible to reinstate my account, although reading some of the other complaints here it seems they did reinstate other accounts for people. She gave me the corporate address to which I mailed a letter. I also filed a complaint through the chat system on their website. They sent me an email a few days letter with another letter that basically said the same thing as the first one. It was a do not reply email address so I couldn't send a response back. I have made every single payment on time for all 3 accounts that were closed, I had these accounts for years! It's no wonder why these guys have a 1.9 BBB rating. Closing your customers' accounts for bogus reasons is terrible customer service. I will consider my complaint resolved when all 3 of my closed accounts are re-opened. Until then, I will continue mailing letters and filing complaints with customer service.

Cuban Queen Fort Lauderdale, FL

I just recently received an email that they would be lowering my credit line with Amazon. They also lowered my credit line with PayPal which lowered my credit score,because now it seems like I'm using the majority of my credit line. I have never stopped paying my cards and my accounts are in good standing. I realize that they're doing this quite a bit and this makes me feel that I'm not valued as a customer. I will pay them off sooner than later and never use any credit card with Synchrony bank!! They need to take certain things into consideration when dealing with good customers such as myself!!

5 months ago Edited October 24, 2023

G R

The ability to use Care Credit is wonderful; however, the app and site are poorly designed. Often the wrong amounts are showing in fro-downs and the ability to change autopay is not apparent. I requested that Customer Service inform the technical team of the various areas where information is not updated; they offered to transfer me to that group. It is not my responsibility to do their job.

Victor Z Pleasanton, CA

I have been with Synchrony bank even since GE closed their GE Capital account and suggested I transfer here. My experience with Synchrony bank is excellent. They have the best rate for CD and savings account. I used online transfer to switch money between my bank accounts. It works well for me. I have never had any problem with their customer services. You can quickly talk to a real person, no lengthy phone maze.

Sharaf C Hardin, IL

Paid off my card, $4,000. Was told there was now a hold on my account for a week due to the payment size. I asked for a review by a person, was told that's not possible. I will be canceling my card.

Dolores Rodriguez Augusta, GA

You people are pissing me off with your stupidity. You want to give credit and when I utilize it you penalize me by lowering my credit. Once I pay off every card with you I will close all my accounts.

Brea Tanae

The payment amount changes every month my payments was $67 a month but some how it’s $97 and no it’s not a late charge cause the late charge is $41 . On top of it all they don’t speak English well!

Vanessa Healey Denver, CO

Do not go through them for care credit. This is worst service to go through. I have a care credit card through this bank. They did not send notice that my credit limit was going to be less, however then the charged me a higher monthly payment. I never ever will bank or get something through them again.

Precious Flores CA

If 0 stars were an option I would have picked it, This Card is from Amazon, Their customer service people are rude, insulting, disrespectful, unhelpful, uneducated, will hang up on you when asking for clarity, JUST RUN, RUN IF YOU ARE EVER OFFERED CREDIT FROM SYNCHRONY BANK, ITS SMALL CREDIT AND THEIR GOAL IS TO TRULY SCREW YOU

Scott smokeytaz Dorn Augusta, GA

This "bank" is absolutely horrible, they will reduce your credit limit,Even when you have not missed a payment. When y'all reduce ones credit limit y'all make that person look bad and hurts credit rating. I'll not ever use synchrony when I pay those idiots off. Lower a good standing customers credit is a great way to lose a Paying customer. I hope this bs bank folds and goes under!!! Oh yeah why are yall checking my credit report With Out my permission? I did not authorize it!!

Mick Syed Conroe, TX

Worst customer service ever. I made the payment on a new account too early and scheduled the recurring payment from my bank on a monthly basis. Their system ignored that first payment and charged me a later for all payments there after! I only realized this when I received a past due notice in mail for a payment that was scheduled. Customer service was of no help stating there is nothing they could do about the situation, it is just the way their system works.

Chad Marusak Bedford, TX

My payments have been made timely for over 1.5 yrs, I am ahead two months on payments, they closed my account and for three months have been reporting negative remarks (SINCE /8/2023)or showing late payments even though I am two months ahead EVEN ON THEIR RECORDS per their customer service , I had auto pay and they still hit my acct many months showing that I made 2-3 payments a month 14 payments in 9 months) on my bank statements, this place is far from correct in any business practice and is very shady!!!. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME

Tracy Greer

I will never do business with this company ever again! I have 3 accounts with them. I forgot about a payment on one account but the other three were in good standing and it was paid off then they lowered the credit limit on all three accounts although three of them were in good standing. This action increased my credit utilization because they lowered my credit limit on all accounts and my credit score suffered. Synchrony got to go! Capital one is the best! Excellent customer service and they never give me a hard time ever. I'm closing synchrony credit cards and be done with them! I would rather to put zero star but there's no option so one star it is!

Michael Bower Okeechobee, FL

Synchrony Bank has the worst customer service of any bank I have ever dealt with. I am remodeling my kitchen and it is a very expensive project. I went through Lowe’s to schedule the orders and labor for installation. I applied for a Lowe’s credit card issued by Synchrony Bank. The credit limit was way less than I needed, so I pulled money from savings and mailed a large check to synchrony bank to cover my entire project. Synchrony applied the payment to my account, then closed my card a few days later, stating in a letter that they through the large payment was an attempt to defraud the bank. What a load of hogwash! I simply wanted to make ONE payment to the card tho cover my whole remodel instead of making multiple payments over and over. Synchrony Bank flipped out as if the concept or situation had never happened before in the history of mankind. I called their customer service multiple times and used the chat feature also many times, but they always said either the check is in the mail or your account will be reviewed tomorrow. It was always tomorrow, not today. I feel disrespected and ignore by this bank. I have explained myself over a dozen times but nobody at the bank cares. It has been over a month now and they still will not release my funds. I even emailed the CEO Brian D but he did not respond personally. A rep from the executive team called me once and left a voicemail, but several attempts for me to reach back via phone have been unsuccessful. Anyone with issues with this bank or any other should file a complaint at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau website. That agency handles consumer complaints. Synchrony bank email format is first name.lastname at synchronyfinancial.com. It is doubtful anyone will actually try to help you. They really do not care about their customers.

6 months ago Edited October 17, 2023

Dylan Liebhart Shanghai, SH

I have a Lowe's card through Synchrony. We made a purchase of just under $10k for a fence install through Lowe's. The deal was supposed to be a 120 month payment plan of 9.99% interest a month, which would equal out to be about $94/month. Lowe's completely botched the installation process and we ended up not getting our fence until about 4 months after the project was supposed to be finished. During this time we contacted Synchrony and explained that the fence hadn't been installed and we weren't going to make payments on a purchase that we didn't even have. Synchrony was supposed to dispute the payment, and we were supposed to have no charges or interest until the fence was done. The fence gets done and Synchrony asks for our first payment, which is now $800 despite our previous agreement. After what seems like a dozen calls to Synchrony, the payment wouldn't get changed. We bit the bullet and paid the $800. The first payment after the $800 charge came due, and Synchrony was now asking for $300 a month. The first call to Synchrony said that the payment was so high because the interest was now 28%! We were making a minimum payment of 1% of the principal and and 28% interest on the entire purchase. What didn't make sense to me was that after the $800 fee we had paid over $300 off the principal on the loan. So, how was the payment now $300 when the loan's balance was now lower than the original financed amount? What changed? I called Synchrony to find out what happened. Turns out, when they disputed the original charge, they removed the ENTIRE purchase from the credit card. This removed the financing option that we had agreed to upon signing the loan. Then, after removing that purchase they put it back on the card as a regular purchase, cancelling out that financing option and assigning us a 28% APR. I called Synchrony again, and they said that this is fixed and the original financing is now back on the loan. It should take effect within 2-3 billing cycles. So for now the payment is $300 and I just pray that it will go back to normal. Due to the project installation failures, I'm never setting foot in a Lowe's store again. Due to the financial headache, Synchrony is never getting another dollar from me after this card is paid off.

Judy Puente Las Vegas, NV

I opened a Care Credit account in 2020. I had surgery and was paying it back and have never been late. In September I had a dental emergency and used the card with deferred interest for a year. I wanted to know how that works since I noticed you could not separate payments for the two Care Credit accounts. One person told me that they could not allocate payment and another told me that when I make a payment that it would pay the first of 313 and the 170 would go to the dental and to do it online. So last week I went on line to pay, and the website said that it did not go through try again, so I did and it again said it did not go through so I did it again and it said it did not go through. I called the automated and made a payment on the phone. Then I checked the account and saw that I had several payments processing and called and was told that it had to go through and that once they did they would send me a check for the over payment. I didn't want that much money taken out of my account so I put a stop payment with my bank. Today I took that stop payment off and called Care Credit/Synchrony bank to get a payment allocated and found out that my account is closed. I had never been late, all kinds of notes were in my account from the MANY times I spoke with their reps. The rep told me that it was because of the stop payment. I'm so frustrated. I didn't want to wait for them to mail me a check because the rep told me it takes a while. The closing of the account is automated so there is no reversing. Their website malfunctioned and now I'm penalized. I heard so many different stories on how to deal with my account and trying to make the payments on the two transactions from the reps. They are not consumer friendly and my credit will take a hit because of this situation. I'm so FRUSTRATED!!!

Mark Strecker

I have had several accounts with Synchrony bank, all my experiences have been horrible. They will arbitrarily lower your credit amount or close your account, even if you have been 100% on time, and pay off your account. They claim that Trans Union is reporting that we have too much dept, high balances, and little credit. However the opposite was true with us. We have an 830 Fico Score, our credit report with Trans Union shows we have $100,000 available in revolving available, less then 5% in balances on that credit. They are liars, untrustworthy, the worst bank I have ever worked with in 50 years. DON'T USE THEM!!

jan dance Eagle River, WI

This is by far the worst bank I have ever dealt with. They "lost" a large deposit that was transferred to my High Yield Savings account from another bank. I called Synchrony every day for 5 days and got switched from one inept and rude "customer service" agent to another, including four different managers. The worst one was "John" who literally screamed at me over the phone. I finally had to get two federal banking overseers to step in. They unlocked my account then relocked it one day later so I still can't transfer my remaining money out of there which is all I want. My struggle with Synchrony is still not over. I strongly suspect some internal fraud. If you decide to get involved with Synchrony do two things: Send them a notice Refusing Arbitration or you will lose the ability to participate in a Class Action Lawsuit. This must be done within 45 days op opening your account. The address is buried in their electronic agreement, almost at the end because they don't want you to see it. It is a PO Box in Dallas. The second thing is to take a screen shot daily of your transaction page. Several times I had a deposit credited then disappear and the only proof I had was the screenshot of my account page which included the ACH tracking number. You will need that proof. My best advice is don't get involved in any way with Synchrony Bank and if you are, get out now, whatever it takes. I have a feeling they will be in the news soon, along with Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank. This was the worst financial decision of my life. You've been warned...

Extinguisher Graffiti Oklahoma City, OK

9/21/2023 first time getting this card form sams club I bought a washer and dryer for 800 and I set up auto pay so they auto pay took the 29.00 minimum balance which I didn't know I went ahead andpaid 100 plus the 3.95 fee then a week later I got a interest charge for 35 then I called them and told them what was going on I was muted for 20 minutes called them back lady laughed in my face and said she was sorry for her colleague performance then said she would take a look came back said everything was was fine. Today I looked I have an interest charge and late fee which I don't understand I paid on time and everything the so I called lady name Marie helped me and said I needed to pay 900 due to interest if I only pay the required it's 25-35 on top of what you paid on interest "it's not satisfying the bank" that's what the lady responded who in the life has 900 laying around top of what you already paid. They want the full payment if you pay the minimum it's just to keep the credit card active. So now I'm out about 1100 stay away these guys are worse then scammers

William Wilson Atlanta, GA

Minimum payment calc is intentionally designed to insure 0% interest promotions aren't paid in time so they can hit you with usury levels of deferred interest. An honesty company would set the minimum to insure the customer pays the full amount before the due date but Synchrony doesn't want you to pay it off on time. That's their whole schtick: Slap people spending $1,000 with nearly $1,000 in deferred interest charges if they don't insure the balance is 0 by the end of the contract term. It's a great deal for me since I make sure they paid off but people who don't understand are getting screwed when they buy something for 0% interest financed by this bank. This reflects poorly on Lens Crafters, Guitar Center. JC Penney, PayPal Credit, and other's fronting for Synchrony Bank.

Justin Arnold Columbus, OH

I financed Clear Correct retainers (orthodontics) through my dentist and unfortunately they were partnered with this bank. My experiences with this bank have led to general research and discovery of what a lot of you already know. Much of what's already been stated by others is the experience I've had with them as well: * Technically deficient website and processes that lack acknowledgement of being in the 21st century * Website is designed to be frustrating and hard to use * Overcharged interest at the time of promotional expiration * Customer service is inadequately trained and unprofessional; I was hung up on several times * They will rerun your credit as often as they want, negatively impacting consumer credit scores * They will close cards without communication or reason, negatively impacting consumer credit scores * They will reduce your credit limit below your balance, negatively impacting consumer credit scores In my case, after paying off ~50% of my original balance, the promotional rate expired and I was hit with interest charges totaling ~45% of the entire original purchase price. The interest charges were much higher than the rate calculations on the original balance - even considering the worst period of compounding daily. When I inquired for an explanation of the charges I was met with an untrained and impolite support staff. Multiple times I was hung up on, etc. Synchrony has absolutely mastered the art of fatiguing their customers with arduous processes and difficult-to-use support systems. They are not accredited by the BBB and their are thousands of 1 star and negative reviews across many renowned review sites; Best Company, Sitejabber, Consumer Affairs, TrustPilot, etc. I strongly discourage anyone from engaging with Synchrony Bank; they are corrupt, dishonest, and run a very shady business that is arguably borderline illegal.

B Lind

I had a relationship with them until today when they declined payment for my son's shoes through the Amazon store card. For 3 years years I have been set up on auto payment and paid the statement balance on the due date of each month for 3 years. Short story, they decreased my credit limit by $1300 when my over credit utilization is 30% and FICO just over 700. I don't understand. They kept on asking if I received the letter that we sent out yesterday..I laughed and said no..why don't you tell me what is says. Well, we will have to send you back to Customer Service. By that point I was fuming still left with no explanation. I closed the account today and will use AMEX for purchases on Amazon. Do not do business with this bank....you are only just a number