Synchrony Bank Logo

3.2

Deegan Adams San Jose, CA

Called 3 times to handle a CC issue. First rep gave me the wrong info, but I was happy because it seemed to solve my problem until I used the information he gave me and the company said "no, thats not correct" I then called back to get the proper info and they had removed my account from the online portal. When I asked about this they couldnt give me an answer as to why this happened. I asked to speak to a manager. 5 minutes go by and the same customer service rep gets back on telling me the manager doesnt have time to talk and I need to call the company again. These people dont care about you , and more importantly they dont e en care about the company they work for. They are an obvious international call center that has not had the proper training to handle the issues of their customers. Synchrony doesnt care about you, nor even trying to retain their customers. Taking out a low interest loan to pay off ONLY the synchrony cards and then never again !

craig Minneapolis, MN

Do not finance through this company. I repeat. Do not finance through this company. I signed a contractual clause with Synchrony Bank. I was paying off the debt every month as agreed upon in a timely fashion. Then out of the blue Synchrony Bank decides to charge additionally over three hundred dollars in fraudulent charges. This was in addition to the exorbitant interest rates. This was in the middle of the pandemic! Then they try to justify these fraudulent charges which was not in the contractual agreement. I am not making this up people. They added an addition three hundred dollars in payments and tried to justify it through some fancy mumble jumble. These a holes are ripping off poor people in the middle of a pandemic. They have no conscious or soul and are going to hell in a hurry because God is watching. These criminals need to be locked up. I could not pay out of general principle and they want to ruin my credit score.

Dennis Tustin, CA

They are a rip off!!! I opened a Harbor Freight CC which is Synchrony bank. The offer was 10% off my first order which was $743.00 1 item. I’ve never got the 10% off and when I call, I sit on the phone for over an hour before hanging up. Horrible customer service !!! They also send the paper bills late or not at all then charge you $27 for being late cause you never got the bill. This bank is a joke and Harbor Frieght should change banks!! I’m paying this off and cancelling it. BEWARE of this bank!! They are thieves and customer service can barely speak English so good luck trying to talk to them if they do answer the phone!!!

Carol Vandenberg Commerce, MI

I am unable to login to my account. It tells me my information is incorrect. I entered it more than once in case I made the error. I still got the same message even though I have two cards through Synchrony. Another issue occured setting up auto pay. They indicated I wanted Minimum Payment even though I indicated Balance to be Paid in Full. Also they do not send out email notices when they receive a payment. This is the only company I have worked with that does not fo that. My close friend had issues with Synchrony so we got together several official documents and sent ithem all certified mail and Synchronoly still managed to screw it up, not acknowlefing one payment that they received in the certified documents. When we tried to reach someone in Customer Severice, we had to liten to at least thee recorded advertisements and never could reach anyone to address our concerns. I am ready to cancel any credit cards affilisted with Synchrony. I don't know how they can get away with being a company dealing with any kind of finance.

Lavon Chandler Powell, TN

If I could give 0 stars I would, do not trust this company at all. They are liars. My experience with them has worse than any other company. So my story is I had 8 cards with this company: sams club, belk, old navy, jcpenny, chervon, care credit, rooms 2 go and car care. I had a total of $72,000 over the 8 cards and was using only $3,900 of my balance. I was never late in 7 years nor did i go over my credit limit. They gave me credit limit increases and even upgraded 2 of my cards to mastercards. They closed all my accounts and didnt even notify me. They claim to have send me letters stating I was at high risk of not being able to pay back. Now I mind you, I only had balances on 3 credit cards again all together totalling $3,900. The real truth is, Barclay brought out old navy, and they are probably going bankrupt and scared that I would go on a shopping spree and not pay them back. Company is a joke spend your money else where I know I will going forward, sychrony bank nor its stores will ever get my money again.

Shea Danner Winter Garden, FL

Went on CareCredit and chose the Prequalify option- it states “see if you prequalify without impacting your credit score”. Long story short, after inputting my information a message comes up & says I need to call, which I do. The lady tells me they need to verify my identity before I can continue with the process. She says I need to go to verify.syf.com I do, I follow the procedures & when I get to the part about taking a picture of the barcode on my DL it’s blurry & every attempt I made I was told it wouldn’t process. Then I get a message to call another # due to the problem. I’m informed that my application was denied! What application? I was told I needed to have my identity verified to continue to be able to proceed with the pre qualification. Then I see that I have an email from credit karma that says I have a hard credit hit from Synchrony Bank! WHAT! Why did they pull my credit when I picked the Prequalify tab, & do it without verifying my identity!!!! I’m livid, & the call to SB resulted in nothing but horrible customer service. Never again

Willow Doots Dallas, PA

Worst company ever to get a credit card from. They way they do things online in your account is smoky and very sketchy! i see they post transactions that weren't even transactions to begin with BECAUSE THEY DECLINED MY DISCOVER CARD FROM THEM THREE TIMES AT PLACES WITH AUTO-RELATED PRODUCTS SUCH AS GAS STATIONS. Sure you get their little ad in the mail stating you can use it anywhere where it is auto-related because it's a Mavis Discover card via Synchrony bank, UNfortunately!! Have you got a purchase declined when using the useless card at auto-related places yet? And synchrony shows on your account activity that it was a purchase you made but was declined yet dumb Synchrony doesn't specify the transaction as "DECLINED" yet they only make you think that you got charged and get you all upset and pissd off! and then call them on the phone, the rep says they know it was a declined transaction and won't be charged to your account next month. Really?? How does that even make sense?? In fact, they should NOT even post declined transactions on your online activity. Synchrony Bank has a really stupid modus operandi there!!

Henny Henny West Hartford, CT

Worst bank ever if you want your credit ruined for the dumbest of reasons or no reason at all . Get synchrony. I have had 3 bad experiences and plan on closing all accounta with them . First was walmart when they used them after pay8ng off my bill in full . They closed my account and never said why. Second tjmax card I paid bill and somehow it was charge back they didn't even let me correct the problem they reduced the credit line to the most unnecessary amount. Dropping me 75 points. Than my Care Card . I had a limit of $1800 used 1500 And after I made a 900 dollar payment. They dropped my limit to 680 the following month. This bank gives you no opportunity or chance you cant even fight it after they done it. Now everywhere I apply I make sure I ask what bank because if it's them I'm good on that m capital one us your best bet anything else is ! This people don't even believe on a late fee . They are horrible.

Aisha Muhammad Dallas, TX

I have had two experiences with Synchrony bank. One card was through care credit a card used for medical expenses. Well, without cause they reduced my credit limit by a few thousands dollars even though I made all my payments on time. Later, they canceled my card all together even though I had paid off everything. I was never late. Second experience was through a furniture store who used Synchrony bank. Once again while making my payments on time and never being late on payments they cut my credit limit by half. Both times drastically affecting my overall credit score. I would not recommend using them. I have been bit twice.

Laura Bracken Wappingers Falls, NY

Synchrony Credit put me through phone HELL when their "system" suspected one of my charges to look suspicious.

Salman Noor Orlando, FL

I applied for a deferred interest financial account via one of the furniture stores in Florida. They refused my application because I paid my previous account with them in time and did'nt give them any opportunity to milk me for interest ................ Avoid . Customer service lady was very short and abrupt.

Keisha Mccall Rosenberg, TX

Fraud! Do not do any financing through MySynchrony. Paying on a card for years, more than the minimum balance monthly, yet my current balance is still higher than my initial purchase 3 years ago and they are charging interest on top of interest.

Jeff Woo Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Worst customer service ever. Never received an item and opened a dispute. It took them a year to figure things out and by then they said it has been over 120 days and they cannot issue refund, even though I initiated the dispute within 14 days of initial purchase.

dwerth1 Renton, WA

Tryed to open a savings account only to be told that we had to wait 60 days for online access.After numerous long wait times and no help whatsoever we were told that 60 days is the normal wait time to open an online account.BEWARE

Gregory Fowler Portland, OR

Over a 10 day period I tried to transfer an ira to this bank. Their system wouldn’t allow me to access their online banking. I placed multiple calls, always being placed on hold. Again and again. They finally fedexed me a code, call again, placed on hold multiple times again. Opening an account shouldn’t be thus hard. I’m bringing them business. Why did they create such a difficult process? I finally just gave up and went to another institution. Wasted 10 days of effort!

JeepnitNC Charlotte, NC

I went to discount tire to get new tires. Offer was interest free for 6 months. I paid off my balance in 5. Now I am fighting a fraud charge and they are saying it's me. I live on the east coast and charge was in California. I have never been to California in my life and have no family there! This company is the fraud! My credit will be ruined. I will have to get a lawyer to fight them and see a class action lawsuit coming. DO NOT USE SYCRONY! I was hung up on multiple times and left on hold to rot by the indian cartel. I repeat! Do NOT USE THESE PEOPLE!

Jeff Heatwole Spokane, WA

Recently charged 300 in Interest when I was told there would be no interest for 6 months. So that means they just piled up the interest and tacked it all on in the seventh month. I pay more than the minimum every month and they are making it so I can’t even pay off a small loan of 3k. I’ve payed this company over 500 in Interest and late fees on a 3k loan! That’s insane!!!!! Stay away if you’re struggling financially. These people are sharks.

give-me-a-break Junction City, KS

Syncrony bank will automatically renew your CD without your knowledge or approval. Once renewed, its very difficult to get your money back. My CD matured on March 31. On April 1 they renewed it. I noticed on April 3 and told them that is not what I wanted. They said it would cost me $800 to get my money back. On top of that, they have been telling me for the last week that my money would be returned "today" and they still have my money.

Mark Skellenger Westlake, OH

Synchrony bank Credit cards are not suitable for business owners. My cards keep getting declined for nonexistent, but suspected, fraud. To reconcile, it typically takes 45 to 60 minutes, proving my identity 4 different ways and repeating my contact information three and sometimes four times to different people. I have to get offline, take a video of myself and relog in where I go to the back of the line and have to, once again, prove my identity. If your time is worth anything, you will use a different card. I have had it and I will cancel this account after I've cooled down.

Meryl Davis New York, NY

A dentist sent two fraudulent charges on my CARE CREDIT CARD for procedures he did not perform. An x-ray and my ledger as evidence I proved those procedures we’re not performed, but the dispute dept. sided with the crooked dentist. I am not paying a loan for procedures I didn’t have , so my card was cancelled, and a report sent to the credit bureau. Don’t use this bank - don’t use their CARE CREDIT card. The bank has terrible reviews . Synchrony Bank lost two big customers recently — they are no longer the issuer of GAP and WALMART credit cards

MAH Kennesaw, GA

I had a 8k credit line I chose during the pandemic to NOT use due to uncertainties, I was notified yesterday, on April 1st Synchrony dropped my line of credit to 1k for nonuse. I was informed by one representative HSN had attempted to contact me via mailings to use my account for at least 4 months. I paid HSN the brand for Synchrony over $400 on 3/2021 to pay off the account during the uncertain times. Then I was informed by an account manager something had changed on my credit report, this is absolutely false, and a lie. I monitor my credit daily, including my scores and utilization. I signed for my son an ATV in order for him to be accepted at a lower rate, otherwise nothing has changed if anything I pay my credit aggressively and use my credit wisely and monthly. This is nothing more than a ploy for HSN / Synchrony to have consumers charge up accounts to charge them fees if they do not pay for the accounts timely or before the 0%. After the poor excuse given by the representative and the blatant lie, I canceled my account and I am filing a complaint a with CFPB. 8k taken from my credit lines is a significant drop on a credit utilization in comparison with all cards. I do not plan to stop here. How many credit accounts is Synchrony doing this to in order to force them to purchase and rack debt up???? MAH - suburbs of Atlanta, GA

Sonya Heath Livonia, MI

Horrible!!! One star is too much. I wish I didn’t have to check any. Just took out a loan to close each and every card I have from them. Like the other reviews. I’ve made all payments on time but get email messages from them regarding lowering credit limit then eventually closing accounts for no relevant reason at all. Extremely damaging to my credit score. I’d rather take one hit and close them all than wait for them to do it. If you have a choice go with Comenity Bank. They are a much more upstanding company. Please don’t open any credit with Synchrony. Mark my words. You’ll regret it.

Elizabeth Estrada Aurora, CO

I would have given 0 stars if that was actually an option. Yes while it’s 0 interest for 5 years, don’t dare make a payment 1 day late. Yes I understand 1 day is 1 day but really!!!! Well you will incur a late fee immediately! My fault for selecting the wrong account to make a payment. Luckily I check my bank accounts and saw that the payment was not processed so immediately I went back to the website and selected the correct account, but one day too late. I already had a late fee. I have the credit I have because I pay my bills on time. I made an error ONE TIME!!! One day shouldn’t be considered late if the error was corrected! Well then because I figured they surely saw the payment was made, the late fee would be waived. NOPE instead the minimum rate of payment was raised and another late fee was added because I didn’t pay the new minimum payment with added late fee. Which was so confusing to me. I tried to speak to a “manager” that sounded like she had no life in her or as if I had board her with “my complaints”. She was absolutely no help just sat on the line breathing and said nothing could be done. All I was needing was for it to be explained to me, which did not happen. Nonetheless I ended up paying BOTH LATE FEES, paid the account off and hope to never have to deal with this bank again. Take you’re business elsewhere.

Lynn Galloway Clover, SC

If I could leave zero stars I would. I have several dept store cards issued by Synchrony. I've paid on time and above my minimum payment and had my credit limit continuously lowered for no reason. Opened with 1300-1500 balance. I paid down to 650, they lowered my limit to 650 so instead of utilizing 50% I looked like I was utilizing 100%, so then I paid that in half, guess what? They lowered to that. So my next payment I'll pay it off and close it myself, not dealing with this. I have 2 other cards issued by them and closing them all. Better to take the temp hit for closing than for what they're doing. They even closed a card we had jointly because we hadn't used it enough, but how often do normal people buy mattresses?! Oh and when they lower your credit it has nothing to do with how you've paid. The letter I've received said: 1. No loans for real estate (ok I wasn't employed at the time of purchase but I'm on the deed) 2. Student loans not paid down enough (in not required to. They're in forebearance with the rest of the country!) 3. Credit card balanced too close to limits (well duh you keep lowering my limit each time I just my balance down lower) I'd like to say I have cards with Comenity bank and this has never been an issue. In ready to pay these synchrony jokers off and wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. Avoid them at all costs. Every bad review here is similar because they're true!

Sa Bellevue, WA

Even though my account has always been in good standing—I have never missed or have ever been late on a single payment, they suddenly reduced my credit limit on my store card. Then, a month later, they canceled my store card. I had used my card recently, so it wasn’t canceled due to inactivity. Just days prior to canceling, they did an unsolicited hard query on my credit. `Queries I made to them about this were directed to India, where the staff promised to look into the situation, but never reported back to me as promised—I was never confident they understood the nature of my query. They are a nightmare to deal with. I am 70 years old and have an excellent 100% rating with the 3 main credit bureaus. My credit is all I have as a retiree these days, yet for the past six years it has been a terrible fight trying to deal with these people. They are a disgusting mob of imbeciles. From here, I will file a formal complaint with the BBB.

Damian Nash Youngstown, OH

I had synchrony for years. There interest rates were high, but not the highest, and there customer service was basic. They really have upset me by canceling my accounts for ridiculous reasons. I have used their discount tire card. Bought tires and paid off bill several times. Then they closed my card. I had a care credit card in which I did the same. They now closed that account and gave a ridiculous reason of my credit rating dropping and lack of use. I had a perfect payment history with them and now have to reapply for their service. If they didn't appreciate my good payment history with them why should I give them my business. I will find alternative credit services. The lack of notification or discussion really showed their poor customer service and viewing their customers as numbers and not people.

Amy Macdonald Ocala, FL

Don't take a trip because they shut down your card and won't put it back on. I responded immediately to initial text that it was me using the card, as well as email and it said I was good to go. Card was still declined. I then called and gave the defraud rep my last purchase as well as code he texted to me. He said I was good to go as of now. I went to use the card and Declined. Then I called again and they wanted me to send a video of myself and pic of my ID and within 24 to 48 hrs the card should be usable. I explained I am in Disney world with my daughter and need access right now. And I was told there was nothing they could do. So I cancelled the card. She then informed me that I should have contacted them before going out of state. I have never had a problem like this with other cards. I said I paid the card off before the trip so we would have great vacation with plenty of cash. Totally ruined my trip. I hate Synchrony.

Kathleen LaFratta Fall River, MA

Why do I have to give these criminals any stars at all? It starts with another crooked organization, QVC. So I stupidly get the CC since they were offering a $75 statement credit and it was Xmas. Never got the credit 😪 despite 11 phone calls and 3 letters to QVC and Synchrony. Now I have 4 or 5 small purchases on " value pay. " I also returned a couple of items. At no time did my balance ever go above $200. But despite making my payments on time every single month, and not buying any thing else, my balance just keeps going up! I called Synchrony and I get the same guy every time! He tries to double talk me, and make it seem my fault somehow. He even had the nerve to tell me I should pay more every month! I am thinking about going to a lawyer. This is so wrong, I have great credit but I fear this organization of gangsters is gonna ruin me.

Geri Ciciura Greenwood, IN

Had a Lowe's card with them for a number of years. We had a no interest balance. I was on auto pay. I just had one returned payment as my employer's PayChex servicer paid us one day later than usual. I immediately made another payment on the account and they put the auto pay through again so they got a double pay and I still got a late fee but that was okay. Then my credit bureau told me they had closed my account. They knew before I did! Finally got a letter from Synchrony and they made it sound like I was late more than once. When I called no on could find a previous record of being late more than that one time. Then I was told I needed to check the terms and conditions. I did, and of course, it is at their discretion basically to do what ever they want, when they want. I am SOL and my recent rise in credit score has now slid. They got you coming and going if you are trying to build your credit. Another card I have just raised my limit from 2000 to 14,900! What the hell is going on! Plan to pay off the Lowe's card and dispute it on my credit report.

Heather Schaeper West Chester, OH

As a consumer, I am concerned about Synchrony Banks affiliation with merchants. They have allowed Ashley/Morris Home Furniture to fraudulently use my card to the time of thousands of dollars and has sided with the merchant without asking for additional information from myself. I have since re-disputed, they claimed they have requested information. I have supplied to them, in writing, the merchants acknowledgement of damaged goods and credits to my account. I will update if any changes are made but at this point I believe I will have to utilize resources outside of synchrony bank to ensure I am not charged for items I have not received, ordered, or received damaged, but this was not part of the protection plan Synchrony stated in their agreement.

Dale Holub Hudson, OH

Just took out a Care Credit card for our vet visits. Took my dog and charged amount to the card. They never sent me a bill in the mail or online. I had no idea when the first payment was due. So, of course they put a hold on my card and charged me a late fee. I am currently sitting on hold to speak to a manager because the agent I initially talked to was asking if I wanted some text for something. No idea what it was for, so I asked what it would do. She only repeated the same question again. I said I do not want to say "Yes" or "No" until I understand what I am saying it for. She then proceeds to raise her voice and say "I will repeat my question for a third time and I need a yes or no". I said I need to speak to her manager. That was 15 minutes ago. Still holding. Absolutely horrible company!!!! Worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Brandon Fletcher Ashland, KY

I wish I could give this company zero stars. I had several credit cards that were through synchrony bank. I didn't realize how many I did have until they cancelled every one of them... on the same day. All 16 of them. I didn't have a balance on all of them, in fact I think I only had a balance on 6 of them. I've haven't been late on a payment on any loan or credit card in over 15 years. My credit score is over 750. But it didn't matter. They sent me letter after letter saying that I was high risk for non payment. I called customer service to find out why and was told it was because of the credit bureaus. I called them and they didn't have a clue what synchrony was talking about. Synchrony is one of the most untrustworthy companies I have came in contact with in my entire life. I highly recommend finding out who backs any credit card you apply for before applying. If it's synchrony bank, move on, don't do it. They have over 100 credit cards they provide services for. American Eagle, PayPal, eBay, Lowe's, TJ Max and Amazon are a few.

Michelle Meredith City of Saint Peters, MO

My new husband and I were finally able to buy a house. Over the moon, we went to Ashley Furniture to get a couple of pieces we needed replace. Ended up with a sofa and chair along with a dining table and chairs. The amount was enough that we were glad to take the financing option, but were not told it was with a credit card. We applied for financing and had no trouble getting it and then find out we had a new Synchrony Bank credit card. As I was paying off the monthly payments, I started noticing my credit score was taking nose dives. I looked in to what was going on and found out that Synchrony Bank (through Ashley) had lowered my credit limit for some unknown reason and it spiked my credit utilization. I was shocked by it but thought maybe I was late or something and I let it go. Sure enough, they did it again, tanking my credit score by almost 20 points, and then again a few payments later. Every time I'd make a few payments they would lower my credit line to match what I owed and drop my score several points. We finally bit the bullet and paid off the furniture in full just to get out from under them. I still have a credit line with them, unfortunately, but since I'm really not going to use them ever again, they will probably continue lowering my credit line and causing my score to suffer. A good line of credit is not supposed to harm you! I would steer very clear of this company.

Brianna Hahn Cedar Falls, IA

I would give zero stars if I could. I wish I would have read the reviews before messing with this bank, they seem notorious for destroying credit. I have my Amazon card and Old navy card through them. I've never maxed my cards out and I have never made a late payment and out of nowhere they decreased both of my cards limits taking a huge hit on my credit score. The whole reason I got these cards was to rebuild my credit from a nasty divorce. They did the complete opposite for me and for NO REASON OR WARNING. I've decided to close these accounts, taking one last hit from this bank to my credit but atleast it will be the last one and they can't do it to me behind my back again. I will never touch anything attached to Synchrony bank again!!!

Layne Scott Wadsworth, OH

I received a text message from Synchrony about my credit card, saying that someone tried to change my password, and I was to contact them. I did, and the representative said they saw no problem and it was probably just a mistake. In the next breath they said oh, there is a problem and we need to send you a new card. I was then locked out of my online account after asking them repeatedly if it would affect anything because I needed to make a payment within the next week. Long story short, I had to create a completely new online account in order to get in and make my payment. I was then sent over to the fraud department, and the man on the phone with me literally said “well what do you want me to tell you, the problem has been solved because we sent you a new card. “I told him what I wanted him to tell me if someone was trying to hack into my account or not? He was extremely rude again and said, “what does it matter, the problem has been solved. “ He did not care about my situation, and made that very clear to me. He also solved zero issues, nor gave me any assistance whatsoever. 10 out of 10 will never deal with these people again. I will not risk my information being hacked in any way shape or form. And Synchrony does not care if it happens to you.

Synchrony is unfair in business practices Lincoln, CA

Synchrony - awful- unfair - unethical - no human concern. I had 4/5 synchrony accounts. ALWAYS paid on time - ALWAYS paid double/triple due. Out of nowhere, synchrony began to decrease my credit limits. I thought it was odd but kept the accounts open out of loyalty. To my surprise, each and every account was closed without warning within a 6 month period. In all, I have lost over 100-125 points to each credit score. I attempted to apply for financing for a needed home repair but do not qualify because my credit score is too low now. Synchrony should be sued. This is so very unfair for people who are responsible with their credit..

Randie S. Edmond, OK

Opened this card in June 2021 as my dog was going to sleep furever. The promotion says 0% interest if paid in full by 6 months (12/2021). Cool. Charged vet fees, no problem. Charged cremation costs, no problem. Took my total balance and divided by 6 since I knew that would be my balance. Made a payment that day, before my first billing cycle even ended. This technically makes me "one month" ahead on payments, right? I'm making a payment before the cycle ends each time. Last month, I got my statement which had a $29 late fee. What? They said it was because I didn't make my payment on time. They said I made it on the "due by" date, but not by whatever Eastern time deadline (I'm in Central). Actually, I did, and I have the email confirmations and screenshots to prove it. I made it in the middle of the day but it didn't post as processing until the next day. Went through the automated service which said they would do a one time refund but make sure I make the next payment on time to avoid the fee. I had no idea!🙄 I verified via a confirmation # from live csr about the $29 so we will see what my next statement says. Kind of makes me dread what December might look like. I will update if the statement goes wrong again or if December is crap, but right now I'm just neutral. Even though I was refunded money I didn't owe, I was still put down by an automated system treating me like a child. If all goes well, I will give deserved stars back.

Triet Nguyen Los Angeles, CA

They stole my money (reward balance) after closing my account. I have made all payments on time. When contacted, the only thing they can say is sorry. A lot of people being scammed like me.

CHRISTOPHER LANE Simpsonville, SC

Our overall experience with Synchrony has been excellent. We both have credit ratings of over 800, but we sometimes use their card to purchase a quickly needed item and simply pay it off over a short amount of time without incurring the finance charges, simply because a smaller payment for a short period of time may fit our budget more conveniently than taking it all out at once from our checking account. We also have an excellent savings account with them that pays a far higher return than the big brick and mortar banks. Our online experience with all our Synchrony accounts have been excellent and seamless to work with.

April Brown Brandon, FL

Lowered my credit limit drastically after I paid off the balance from $1000 to 250. Of course the didn't offer to put it back. I closed the account. Now you lost a customer. Just make sure that 0 bal shows up on my credit report first.

Dannett Miller Ringgold, GA

1 star is too many for this company!! Synchrony bank is terrible!! They are doing nothing but hurting credit scores by lowering limits and closing paid off accounts!! I have never been treated this way at all!! They have now closed 2 accounts and lowered 2 of my cards limits. Just awful!! I have always paid on time!!

edwina dahl Anaheim, CA

They want your money ....but you can't talk to anybody.....you are sent to them to make pmts for other companies but there is no one to talk to about the total ant owed t synchrony bank you don't sign up for synchrony bank you are sent there and there is no one to help you

Smiley Lexington, NC

Hello.I told them I was a victim of a scam I used my synchrony bank master card they said they were going to investigate the claim, all my accounts are paid on time next thing I know they checking my credit lowering my accounts to know fault of mine I will not do no more business with synchrony bank I will start looking into comenity bank

S Brandt Bath, PA

If I could give them -10 stars I would. I don’t know why it takes ten days to post a payment. I think they want it to bounce back so they charge you more. It’s a shame that some really good stores choose to deal with them.

Dennis Charles West Palm Beach, FL

Takes 4-7 days to get your money transferred to your external accounts, other online banks do it in 1-2 days. Customer service personnel on the phone are okay, I'm pretty sure they are in a different county though.

Kevin Arnett Minneapolis, MN

They don't care about their customers I use my lowes card in my business I added 7k to do a job for 20k so they seize th we funds and hold them for 30 days even though it cleared my bank.....thieves is what it is take money give nothing

Eduardo Garcia Waxahachie, TX

These people are liars!!! It has taken a month to update my banking information and my funds have not been deposited into my account yet. I run a business and offer financing to my customers through them. Needless to say I will be taking my business elsewhere. I don’t have time to deal with idiots. Till this day, I have been fighting with them to deposit my funds and get the same answer every time…. “3-5 business days”

audrey b Kannapolis, NC

FYI: DO NOT.....I repeat: DO NOT apply for any card/account with Synchrony Bank attached to it. They will ruin your credit score, lower your credit limit, and close your account for being a GOOD CUSTOMER...UNBELIEVABLE!! My Ashley Home Store account was closed because I never used it....my Lowe's account was closed because I was (1) day late making a payment. My JC Penney & Belk credit limit was lowered, which resulted in my credit score taking a plunge. This company will do major damage to your credit score. STAY AWAY!!

Dianey Dallas, GA

Got notice today that BP is jumping ship. This ‘bank’ has a habit of requiring payment by the 19th of each month. Then they extend the charges billed long after. Called to see why my bill wasn’t closed by the 28th this month. Said they were closing the next day. Looks like they try to collect as much interest as they can in any way possible. Goodbye and good riddance!

Danny Jorgenson Indianapolis, IN

This bank is garbage. Do not finance through them. The website is terrible. I have been trying to pay my bill for weeks and cannot get into my account. Password recovery fails. Username recovery fails. Paying as a guest doesn't work for any of my cards. My credit score is messed up now due to a bill I could easily pay to literally any other financial institution. Synchrony is not technically a scam but it is definitely predatory. I just paid my full bill just to get away from this bank. I will never finance with google or Synchrony again.