Synchrony Bank Logo

3.2

Go Virtual Pro Cypress, TX

Tried to remove a hard inquiry from my credit and the worse automated phone system. Then I connect with the first individual, she "accidentally hangs up" the second one listens but brushes me off. Then when she says she will forward it up to her supervisor just continues on without listening to me and hangs up again! what gives?!?!

Raymond Anselmo Wake Forest, NC

Their credit card account stinks. Had 4 different cards with different companies with synchrony bank and always paid on time or ahead of time and not once late. They cancels 2 cards and reduced a third card to 250.00 credit. This company is the pits! Don't bother with them as they will make your credit score drop when they cancel their cards.

Brandon Masters Lincoln, CA

Beware! They will gradually decrease credit limits and then out of nowhere close accounts. My score suffered over 100 point ding. I’ve NEVER made a late payment. I’ve always doubled up on payments and out of nowhere, 3/4 lines were decreased and 1 closed.

Zoya Conover Atlanta, GA

I had a dispute about incorrect crediting of money to my account. After two months of endless phone calls, messages, faxes, I still cannot get an answer from the person in charge. Absolutely unprofessional people work in this bank.It is a mess!I will not wish anyone deal with the bank!

Richard Cranium

0 Stars for this bank. I couldn't make an online payment, I couldn't make a payment over the phone. When I sent a check for the loan payment it took them almost a month to post it. Almost impossible to contact customer service, and when I did, they were clueless and incompetent. I finally gave up, defaulted on the loan, and settled the loan in FULL for LESS than the amount owed.

Valerie Johnson Raleigh, NC

Worse customer service and bank ever!! Have 4 credit cards with them. 2 of my credit card accounts, after making the minimum payments were switched to pay off the balance that I did not authorize. I called csmr service to explain what happened they ended up canceling my account. Because I stopped the payment due to their error. I no longer trust this bank.

FedUpWithThisCrap Johnson City, TN

Would rate zero stars if possible. They will reduce your credit line after a large payment in retaliation of your dissatisfaction over their lack of communication, argumentative customer care agents and incompetence of getting you a replacement card for a expiring card. Oh, and the reduction is made without any prior communication through old fashioned snail mail or email for that matter. They’ll just graciously take your large lump sum payment and lower your credit line and leave you with a few bucks afterwards.

Tina Brandon Norman Park, GA

Synchrony Bank is the worst company that I have ever done business with. I was wondering why my balance wasn’t going down. I called them and went up three chains of command disputing the fact that they told me any extra money paid above minimum should be going towards principle. Management told me multiple times they have always placed a percentage of minimum payment towards interest & remaining towards balance, but when you pay extra they have never put extra paid towards balance. Beware of getting screwed like I have been getting.

Ben 3DM Huntsville, AL

When I set up auto payment with Synchrony, my next payment was late. Instead of billing me any amount I might have been short or simply charging me a single late fee, they added a $2 fee to my payment every month so I didn't even know I was being charged a fee. Also, I didn't receive any notification that I'm aware of that I was being charged this fee. I only found it when I logged into my account and viewed my activity, but by then they had already charged me a total of $44 in fees. In response to this, I paid off my card and closed my account.

Daniela Mezzina Lyndhurst, NJ

synchrony decided to close 10 of my credit cards!!!! with these closures, 20 points removed from my credit after working so hard to get it where its at after i was a victim of fraud!! im not understanding why when i paid ALL my accounts, some with zero balance!!! i paid my account faithfully every month, sometimes twice a month.. risk for failure to pay??!! HOW? this company is garbage.. please do not ruin your credit trying to get accounts with this bank!

John Kovacs Evans, GA

Synchrony Bank recently lowered my available credit line, this in spite of several of my other credit cards increasing my credit line. The problem that this caused was reducing my credit line instantly put me over my credit limit and therefore I got dinged on my credit report lowering my score by as much as 15 points. This is unacceptable.

Mari M Carrollton, TX

Merchant sent me a refund for over $200 and Synchrony refused to apply it to my balance. Even after uploading all the proof. Been trying to get it applied to my balance since April. Filed with BBB and all Synchrony responded with is that it can take up to 90 days to investigate the dispute. This is after they closed 2 of them in the merchant's favor. Stopped using Synchrony to make any other purchases.

Blake6.4 Mount Holly, NC

Worst bank ever, they will keep calling you and harassing you the day before and day of a payment being due, they will not stop calling you, I would give zero stars if possible! It’s ridiculous how much they will harass you, the late fees are even more ridiculous, if you have to get any loan go elsewhere don’t come to this shady bank that only cares about them selfs

Sherrye Orr Kingsport, TN

I have tried to get pervious back statement on my Lowe's card for a VA audit. I called on 8/23/2021 and check they status has no record. I called every day to check the status of the statement copies finally they have only have one request which was on 9/2/21. the customer service representatives are rude and don't know what is going on. It a shame that Lowe's is such a great store but the credit card phone is horrible.

Burke Madison, AL

Synchrony closed all 9 of my accounts. All nine were in good standing and I have NEVER missed a payment. They said I was a high risk for future non payment. This a infuriating for those of us with good credit. This company needs to be shut down. Good credit and a good history means nothing to this company. It’s pathetic. You need a negative star option for rating your company. Shame on you.

M Morales Kissimmee, FL

Synchrony Bank is the worst Credit Card; they have the highest rates and the worst customer service. If you do not carry a balance they will reduce your credit line or close your account without reason. They suck in customers with no interest "specials" only to hit them with over 20% interest for any reason. Its a trap many fall into and if you don't they will drop you.

Bo Parker, CO

Synchrony Bank started out great. I opened up several lines of credit with them and had decently high limits with low balances. Ironically, after filing a dispute for $1,100, ALL of my Synchrony accounts were shut down. When I called and I asked, they said I was a high risk to pay. Excuse me!? I've never missed a payment, never late, nothing. This was dirty and below the belt of them. Will NEVER do business again!

Jenny McNabb Wellington, FL

After three hours of holds and transfers between departments, I was given over to a woman Patty J who failed to address my concerns or answer my questions, was incredibly condescending and rude, and then hung up on me! I am absolutely floored at how bad the customer service is at this bank. I don't know how this woman has a job caring for customers -- she clearly doesn't.

Bill Stanton San Francisco, CA

Just the absolute worst. Got a $1200 credit line for tires. Only spent $650 of that, so they knocked my credit line down to $650 after a few months. That nuked my FICO for a year. They did it again at $400 as I paid it down, then at $200 they closed the account, another negative on my FICO. Was never late on payments. Evil, awful, disgusting company.

Sophia Wright Hoboken, NJ

My account was CLOSED due to an issue with autopay. Not suspended but CLOSED! I had a balance of less than $12 which was paid immediately after I received a notice. I was told that the account couldn't be reopened after it had been closed and I would need to re-apply. Ridiculous! I was about to buy a car and now this account closure will negatively affect my credit score. If you didn't pay you balance of $12 due to an issue which is beyond your control, be sure these guys will screw up your credit history. Many similar reviews here. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Win Baltimore, MD

Had TJX card...ended up with 2 cards and multiple calles later and several rude customer service reps from Philippines that assured me both accounts closed...I continued to receive billing/interest on these accounts. This is fraud and certain Synchrony Bank fully aware as this was iver a 4 month period. Was never able to speak with supervisor and given customer care number when asked for corporate number. This bank should be held accountable and federal complaints issued and accountability from this phishing bank.

Sadra Sepehri Portland, OR

This is hands down the worst credit card company I have dealt with. They processed the wrong information on my application and gave me a credit limit of $1,000. I called them 16 times and talked to rude people over the phone and finally fixed the issue but they still refuse to do a manual review and increase my credit limit. I have an 800+ score, S165 K net income, and a very low debt to income ratio. DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE FOR ANYTHING.

T EDGE Mansfield, TX

This is the WORST credit card I have ever had. I called for payoff, paid the stated amount plus 20 dollars because they hold every payment for a m I nimum of 2 weeks. Which they did hold mine for over a month, resulting in a 7 CENT balance. One YEAR later I get a bill for over $100 and a monthly late payment on my credit teport for a YEAR!!!!!!! Over 7 cents they never said a word about. I HATE these people such not a soul I know will use them. If yiu want to screw up your awesome credit use synchronicity. Every mattress store, vet and dentist around uses them. DONT! Unless you just like bending over and.....

ecafecarm Oakmont, PA

I am not a fan of Synchrony Bank at all! First as you know, they finance about every credit card on Earth. I have Lowes, JC Penney, LazyBoy, QVC, and Sam's Club Mastercard which is the card I have the issue with. I have had this card since 2016, have never missed a payment, have received credit increases (their doing not mine), and have always made payment higher that Minimum Payment. My credit score as of today is 780 with and my credit utilization is at 30% which is considered very good/excellent. I called to see if they would lower my interest rate on the credit card because I do have over a 10K balance on the card and the rate is 22.99%, ridiculous. I was told they are not offering any interest rate deductions despite of my excellent credit standing with Synchrony. The Mastercard is the only Synchrony card with a balance so it's not like every card I have with them is maxed out. So I applied for a CitiDiamond Preferred card and was immediately accepted. I am going to transfer $3000 from my Sychrony Mastercard to the CitiDiamond as it is 0% for 18 months. If you have good credit I suggest you do the same. I will never use Synchrony Bank cards ever again.

Danielle Lobo West Palm Beach, FL

I applied for this option to get mattresses a little over a year ago. my payments were 50 per month for 2 years. After paying double that per month they decided to decrease my limit by 1000. I called and ask why and was advised that my credit scores were low. This was not true, my scores since opening this card had risen over 100 points. I was advised to take my complaint up with the credit bureaus so I did. During this call i was told straight from one of the bureaus that synchrony was not properly reporting to the credit bureau every month like they are supposed to. So their excuse was invalid. This caused my score which was on the rise from paying everything on time to drop 48 points! I filed a complaint through all three bureaus and continued to pay double my monthly payment. After another two months my original credit line was now only 250!!! I only found out they once again lowered my credit limit from my Experian update. Immediately went on the app and off the remaining balance and told them to close the account. I would never recommend this line of credit to anyone. It will destroy any credit you are trying to rebuild.

Clint Osowski Panama City, FL

There were 595 consumer reviews of Synchrony Bank in Stamford, Ct on the BBB website. Synchrony Bank has a rating of 1.06 STARS out of 5 STARS. There were 1950 complaints in the last year alone and 5053 complaints in the last three years. Somehow, the BBB rates Synchrony Bank with an A+ Rating probably because the BBB collects a yearly fee from Synchrony Bank and presumably because Synchrony Bank will provide you with a canned response no matter what about what they are legally allowed to do, which they abuse beyond belief. There is a huge difference between legal and ethical norms. Synchrony Bank can do just about anything they want to legally but that does not mean it is ethical. If you take the time to read complaints, you will find that Synchrony Bank does not care about your business. They do not care that they are hurting your credit score even when you are a good paying customer. Take the time to read the responses that Synchrony Bank has to individuals that have paid their accounts as agreed and had their credit rating destroyed by this company. There are probably hundreds, if not thousands of individuals, that have had their credit destroyed by this business without cause and the responses from Synchrony Bank are all canned. The consistent responses are always: 1) When you got credit from the bank, you agreed to allow Synchrony Bank to reduce your credit limit or close your account at any time for any reason even though they will not contest in the majority of complaints that a customer has paid them on time for even a matter of years. 2) If you say, correctly that I might add, that Synchrony has hurt your credit score. The response is that your credit score can change on a daily basis. Even though Synchrony banks employees without any doubt that they hurt your credit, don’t expect an apology or an admittance that they have done so. 3) Synchrony Bank claims to provide notice to individuals that they have reduced your credit limit or closed your account, even though it is statistically impossible for them to actually be doing so as required by law. 4) They will say that they will review your credit periodically with their credit scoring system and tell you that you need to contact the credit report agency when they hurt or destroy your credit for NO REASON. 5) They will report closing your account or reducing your credit limit immediately and claim that it would hurt their reputation with the credit reporting agencies if they did not do so. Of course this is an utter lie, the FCRA does not require anyone to report anything at any time and I doubt highly that the credit reporting agencies care as long as a consumer is complaining. 6) They will say that we care about your business even though it is obvious that they do not. Read their canned responses to complaints. Between 12/21/2020 and 2/8/2021, Synchrony Bank received a total of 48 consumer complaints SOLELY directed at the headquarters element of Synchrony Bank and SOLELY through the Better Business Bureau (BBB) located in Stamford,CT. This DOES NOT include complaints directed at any other Synchrony Bank subsidiary locations and DOES NOT include complaints from other BBB locations throughout the United States. Furthermore, this analysis DOES NOT account for the number of complaints on other platforms or number of individuals that never made a complaint. Thus, we can extrapolate that the numbers of incidents is EXTREMELY under-reported. Out of the 48 complaints between 12/21/2020 and 2/8/2021, 50% (24 complaints) related to Synchrony closing accounts (20) or reducing credit limits (4) on accounts. From a statistical standpoint, approximately 50% of the 1950 complaints in the last year or 975 complaints were for closing accounts or reducing credit limits. In the last three years, approximately 50% of 5053 complaints in the last three years or 2526.5 complaints were for closing accounts or reducing credit limits. Out of the 24 complaints associated with closing accounts or reducing credit limits, the following information was extrapolated: 62% (15 of the 24 individuals) specifically stated in their complaint that they paid their account on time and Synchrony Bank did not dispute this in their response to the claim. From a statistical standpoint, approximately 62% of 2625.5 individuals (1627 Individuals) in the last three years had a DECREASE in their FICO or VantageScore as a SOLE discretion of Synchrony Bank closing or reducing their credit limits when they paid their account on time or had a zero balance. . 58% (14 of the 24 individuals) stated specifically in their complaints that they NEVER received notice from Synchrony Bank at all PRIOR to OR AFTER accounts were closed or credit limits were reduced. From a statistical standpoint, if the approximately 58% held true. Out of the 975 complaints in the last year, approximately 565 people did not receive ANY notice that their account was closed or their credit limit was decreased. In similar fashion, it would indicate that about approximately 1522 individuals out of 2625.5 people in the last three years DID NOT receive the required notice. Synchrony Bank stated explicitly multiple times in their responses to individual complaints that they are aware of the requirement in the Fair Credit Reporting Act to notify clients that their accounts were closed or limits were decreased. Synchrony Bank claimed that the individuals that complained all received notice even though 58% said that they received no notice. Thus, it is highly that Synchrony Bank is in fact making false statements and is in direct violation of the law. 50% (12 of the 24 individuals) stated specifically in their complaints that their credit was negatively impacted as a DIRECT RESULT of Synchrony Bank. In a technical sense of the word, Synchrony Bank may legally close or reduce the credit limit on any account for ANY REASON at their SOLE discretion. However, it is HIGHLY UNETHICAL to destroy an individual’s credit when they are paying their Synchrony bill as required or maintaining a zero balance. This becomes an even greater issue when Synchrony Bank is OBVIOUSLY not providing many individuals notice or allowing the individual an opportunity to reduce their credit utilization rate prior to reporting to a credit bureau. Synchrony Bank has made claims that their credibility with the credit bureau would be hurt if they failed to report accounts closed by the creditor for no legitimate reason other than they can do so legally without any oversight or repercussions. It is also technically legal to decrease an individual’s credit limit at their sole discretion without oversight or repercussions. However, it is extremely poor business to not give an individual an opportunity to decrease their credit utilization prior to reporting the decrease to credit bureaus. Synchrony Bank’s claim about credibility with a credit bureau is laughable. There is nothing in the Fair Credit Reporting Act that forces a creditor to report closing an account especially when the individual has been a loyal paying customer of the business. Why would you do this when you know all it does is hurt a loyal paying customer? There is also nothing in the Fair Credit Report Act that prohibits a creditor to have the decency to allow an individual an opportunity to reduce their credit utilization rate prior to reporting a credit limit decrease to a credit reporting agency. Synchrony Bank has the legal ability to arbitrarily reduce someone’s credit limit based upon whatever “credit scoring” system that they deem relevant. Thus, this bank can reduce your credit limit from $3000 to $1500 without notice. If you owe $1490 when the decrease takes place, your credit utilization rate will increase from 50% to 99% without any notice. In a case like this, Synchrony Bank will DIRECTLY negatively impact you FICO or VantageScore in a major way. Since 35% of your credit score is based upon credit utilization, your credit score could be impacted by a hundred points and there is nothing you can do about it because Synchrony Bank can do whatever they want to do with your credit and there is nothing you can do about it.

Verymadperson3 Hendersonville, NC

If I could give this company a double 00 I would. They are liars and ruin people's livelihood. First of all how is it even legal to look at someone's credit more than once? Second they closed my account that had a $2500 credit limit because of a "EXTRA, EXTRA" payment I made bounced due to paying it out of the wrong account. I made 3 payments depending on the balance on the card which case in point was $200 dollars. I called and was told because of" lack of payment" to which I laughed and told the lady that was the third payment I was making the month of October which I paid $100 total the other payments before the due date. The she went on to insult me with oh because of your credit, which I laughed again because I have fairly good credit, in the end I just said alright so this goes on my credit as negative I will be disputing it and closed every account I had with them. I refuse to go to any store that uses them and will never apply for another one of their cards. I feel that yeah it's their decision to close accounts anytime but what gives them the permission to look at my credit every few months? I called Chase last night and I had to give them permission to look into the " NEGATIVE MARK" SYNCHRONY HAS LEFT. cutting my loses but not before I do all I can to get this crappie company reported and investigated. They need to be sued again. They use to be G.E. Capital which was sued for discrimination back in 2012. Surely to god they are doing something shotty with their business practices here and rude customer service reps. GET ANY CARD BUT THEIRS!!! SHOP ANYWHERE BUT THE COMPANY'S THEY ARE AFFILIATED WITH!!

Kay Anderson Milford, NH

I opened a Synchrony Bank Credit card that tied to my paypal acct. In retirement I run a 501c3 dog rescue and offer raffle items as fundraisers. People use paypal to buy the tickets and I send out them items to the winner. Let me preface this by saying I have a credit score in excess of 800 and live a well funded retirement of pension, 401K and social security. I open the account in May of this year. I pay the card weekly from the proceeds of the paypal account because the credit line was only $4000. Yesterday i go to order an item and the card is declined. I call Synchrony and am told the "risk" dept closed my account. No call, no notice, just closed. The balance in the Paypal acct yesterday was $4000 more than the balance on the credit card so I fail to see a risk. I have worked hard my whole life and never defaulted on any bill. I own my own home. I have NEVER been treated so unprofessionally by a bank. This will stop me from ever using another online only banking institution. More aggravating is no one can tell you the criteria for the decision. And they refuse to provide a telephone number for their corporate headquarters in Utah. That does not seem like a legitimate business practice to me.

Greg Apel Grand Rapids, MI

Our experience was an absolute nightmare with these people! They arbitrarily review your credit report and come up incorrect information. They take these actions and do not contact you, to verify the information is correct. Then it is negatively reported to the credit bureau. In our case my wife had an account with La-z-boy. We bought some furniture and paid the balance in full, no late payments there or anywhere else on our reports! They ended up closing an account that had a zero balance on it! Is that Risk Management? If she was not creditworthy you would think they close other accounts with balances? I contacted customer service with the number on the letter they sent after the fact. I was on hold for a long time, and got a representative with whom I could hardly understand. After trying to explain to her what was going on, i just kind got a irate and asked for a manager. I talked to a manager, and he said he would forward my concerns on to a department that handle these issues. The way that bank is managed and their poor treatment of paying customers, makes me ready to pay everything off that is affiliated with them which I don't think we have much more. Walmart dropped this institution, and went to Capital One. Meijer Corp. dropped them and went with Citi Bank

Dennis Keenan Bristol, PA

On April 15, 2020 during the height of the covid 19 global pandemic Synchrony Financial decided without warning or notice or good reason closed all 9 credit card accounts, total available credit about $73,000.00. I had about $150.00 total balance across all 9 card accounts total owed. I have never been late, no missed payments, I have a 7 year streak of 100 percent of all credit payments made on time. I have a 740 fico score. I have total credit usage of 1 percent utilization. This permanently ends my business relationship with synchrony financial forever! I've got better cards with much better and more productive banks than synchrony financial. You decide for yourself. Be safe!

judy wade Staunton, VA

Synchrony Bank is the PITTS!!,,the worst I have ever encountered in my 71 years of doing business. I opened an account with Lowes and bought stainless steel appliances, only to find out later Synchrony Bank was carrying the account, Lowes was no where to be found and they don't tell you that Synchrony bank is the financier of your account. Credit Karma monitors my account and sent me a notice stating I had missed payments on my report, keep in mind I pay all my bills with cashiers checks, after numerous tries of trying to contact Synchrony Bank, finally reach them and they stated I had missed 2 payments, the rep said my bank had put stop payments on the checks, I said that's impossible because I paid for the cc with cash...still said bank had put stop payment on them...then she said I needed to get a letter from my bank stating they had not put stop payment on the checks and it needed to be on their letterhead and fax it to them and they would remove the missed payments, I go to my bank and they look up my checks and note they did not put stop on them and my bank go one better and show on the back of the checks where Synchrony bank had cashed them all...after faxing this information back to Synchrony I have not received a response back from them to this day!!!!!

Ronald Fuchs Austell, GA

I like the 2% rewards but that is all I like. Whenever you call it takes about 5 minutes to navigate through all the menus and get to a person. The problem that Synchrony cannot fix is a crucial issue. They don't send mail to my correct billing address. Because I take my credit score extremely seriously, I find it crucial to be able to receive statements. Ever since 10/24/2017 I have been calling to correct my billing address. The issue is I receive my mail at a BOX, NOT A PO BOX. Synchrony keeps adding the PO in front of the word BOX. The problem is it is not at a Post Office so the local post office returns the statements and other mailings back to Synchrony. I have been calling since 2017 and it is 2019 and they simply cannot correct it. Today I spoke to a supervisor and then asked for his supervisor who said he corrected it but noted he could see I have been calling since 2017 and it has not been corrected. I suggested he contact their tech department as I suspect they wrote code that always ads "PO" to any address with the word Box in in it. He disregarded that idea all together. I hate this bank!

O.P. Arco, ID

I've waited for over 2 (TWO) hours on their "CHAT" to get someone to chat with me, and they were helpless. When I asked for a supervisor, all I got is a blank screen, and I've been waiting for over an hour again, with nobody to even respond if there's still anyone on the other side, am I in a queue, when I will get some supervisor to chat with me. NOTHING!!! The MAIN problem I have with this clueless bank is that they take money out of my account a few seconds to minutes after I use my card. That is "automatically done", and is as fast as cyberspace could be. When I pay money into my credit card, it takes them "24 to 72 hours" to "process" the payment. The money is out of my bank account or PayPal balance immediately, but it takes them this long to "process" the payment. And, there's nobody in their stupid "system" who can change or override this! We have become a society of computer/system dependent morons. There is no human touch, no human connection, no human discretion. Just a whole lot of "this is what the computer/system tells us, so this is what we do! The WORST thing that PayPal ever did is hook up with Synchrony bank. Their "system" was so much friendlier and easy to use before this move. TERRIBLE MOVE!!!

Stuart Dubin Owings Mills, MD

They sold my account, while never sending me a bill, once paid the collection agency, they refused to acknowledge the account as paid though I had a letter from the collection agency that it was paid. All I wanted was it to reflect that the account as of February, the account is no longer negative. Besides that, they refused to return my calls, lied to the moderator from the AG's office, told me that when I told them that 2 of the 3 major credit bureaus told me that they are the only ones who can update that information or at least put a comment on the report stating it was paid to the collection agency in full, they refused to do that and told me they cannot do that. They were extremely dismissive, rude, unhelpful, had the wrong information on the letters sent to me, and refused to take the dispute seriously. Now I am sitting there after a background check having a negative blemish on my record that may not have been updated since 2013, but still reflects negative as of now which is incorrect on my report. I have sent them the release letter from the collection agency and they refused to acknowledge that information as meaning the account is paid since they did not get that money. I was never given an opretunity to pay them since they got my billing address wrong and never notified me regarding it. Worst thing is now, thanks to this, I cannot get credit cards, loans, an appartment, background checks may come back as a negative on me, etc... this company has screwed me and my credit.

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

Synchrony bank website is unclear and can be misleading. If you ever have to cancel a payment, they can’t return the money to your bank and it Hass to be mailed back out to you, which can take up to two weeks very very inconvenient.

Kim Kinston, NC

Got a synchrony bank card from Qvc. First time I got cats they lowered my credit for no reason. All purchases made on time. Then it put at my credit limit. Now I went to make my payment and I could not connect they Qvc. I found another entry and paid my 35. Dollar payment. I saw the email came thru for the payment t but did not look closely til today when they took the entire amount owed 297. And had dropped my credit limit to 0 with no warning. I have other accounts with synchrony. And not sure why with Qvc they are so ruthless. Funny though I had just paid off a no interest loan with them thru lumber liquidators. Crazy. And poor customer service and fraudulent.

Roman Robb Castro Valley, CA

Absolutely terrible! I was a loyal customer since 2010 but noticed how they recently changed their rules and began enforcing crazy fees. My statement last month was $32 and the minimum payment due was $29. More than 90% of the balance. I spoke to their customer service and was told "thats our rules now". So i stopped using the card and decided i would pay the $32 on the due date and not use them anymore. I log in to pay my bill on the due date and am shocked when i see the bill is now $81. Synchrony added a late fee plus interest charge which equaled to an additional $49. My statement was for $32. I contacted their customer service and got ZERO help. Every agent i spoke with both over the phone or online via chat didn't know anything. I was told "thats the way it is" . I then told the agent to close my account and there was no retention whatsoever. They didn't care. Terrible company and i wold NEVER recommend them to anybody unless you want to lose money. These guys are crooks. I'll take my business elsewhere.

carol Philadelphia, PA

Synchrony bank/care credit is Horrible! I have been making regular monthly payment much more than the minimum payment due and several months I paid 2 or 3 payments in one month to help get the balance lower. Well I have been punished by making more payment prior to my due date! Yes that is 100% correct. I paid 2 payments in February one on the 1st and one on the 14th of February but my due date for February was the 20th so Synchrony bank posted my 2 payments in February 1 and 14th to January and hit me with a no payment being made in February, late fee and additional interest. WHAT? this is the crazy 110% ! truth about this company. You try to pay your loan down but they will suck every last penny from you in every unethical way possible. I have filed complaints with the OCC, FTC and the CFPB (consumer federal protection bureau). I am also going to look into a class action suit against the company. Everyone who reads this post and has been ripped off by these very ugly people keep a lookout in the mail to be a part of the law suit.

Will Creamer Chicago, IL

The absolute worst financial company to exist. Makes paying a bill an impossible task and ruins your credit because of it.

Janet Dykstra Wilmette, IL

Credit card service is terrible. No notification when card is cancelled due to inactivity. Poor customer service on the chat line.

Stephen Nicholas Punta Gorda, FL

It is 2022 and there is not a website for their installment loans. You can't manage your installment account online in 2022? Incredible.

Gary Corns High Point, NC

Absolutely the worst in the business. The worst in customer service. They simply do NOT CARE! We have a Lowes.com card through them and they make Lowes look very bad!

scurryrg Charleston, SC

This is the only bank that cannot download a full year of activity. You can get PDF statements for the last 12 months but only mailed paper statements for earlier.

Ralts Monrovia, CA

Trash customer service. You will have to call them several times for one issue. They wont full refund your charge if its not your fault. They have bad servers too and management

Preston Stephens Modesto, CA

I wish I could give this bank 0 stars. No online account access to manage account, cannot receive a payoff amount so I can no longer have to deal with this Flinestones company. Get up to speed Synchrony!! Never again!

Josh McFadden San Diego, CA

Total trash fake bank. Changed me $14/month and when i tried to use the account on amazon I'd be declined 30-45 minutes AFTER placing an order. What a waste of money and time.

Heather Weekesend Delray Beach, FL

The worst customer service of any of my credit cards! The reps read a script. They can't do phone or online payments from my checking account with Chase, but my bank can send them money? What a hassle.

Maria L Flores Denver, CO

Called to report haven't gotten my new credit card. And a woman named Gaby answer me with a rotten attitude, very hostile and rude. That was my first time calling had a nasty experience.

Rob Maggi Keene, NH

FIVE phone calls trying to get a copy of my statement totally over 2 HOURS!!! Five days ago they told me they would email the statement to my mortgage company. It hasn't arrived.

Daniel Lidawer

This bank is awful. They have the worst service I have ever seen. No ability to expediate items. Operators can't call back if you get disconnected. Supervisors are worthless. Stay away from this bank if possible.