Synchrony Bank Logo

3.2

Stephen Gair Miami, FL

I opened a Money Market account and instead of using my personal information, they populated the security callback numbers with a long ago disconnected cell phone and with my current landline. Customer service was of no help, just repeating the line that they use third parties to populate their data . My current cell phone, which is so customer service could see, can not be used to verify my identity, only a disconnected cell or the landline. Do I have to now take my house phone with me when I leave home? /s

Rex Holland

I applied for a Sam's club MasterCard through this bank. I was told by customer service at Sam's that I would receive a $100 dollar credit when my account was opened. I received a letter from Synchrony stating that my account would receive a $30 dollar credit. I called customer service to cancel the card and ask that nothing go against my credit report. They said I would have to do that on my own. Poor customer service and I personally do not want to deal with a company that uses under hand tactics to get my business

Jody Jones Moline, IL

Have had accounts with this bank for years with no problem. Opened an eBay Mastercard was accepted with a $7500 limit. Went to charge $600 and was turned down. No one would talk to me about this until threatened to close all the other accounts and then was told due to inactivity on the NEW card which I hadn't even received yet was why I couldn't charge over $500 .until I proved my credit worthiness. I have perfect credit with this bank and couldn't believe this happened!! Will be cancelling other accounts. Do Not do business with this bank!!

Barbara Smith Nashville, TN

After reviewing my monthly statement I noticed my credit line had decreased.I called to ask why they stated because my credit score had dropped.I have never missed a payment with them even paying more than the min and never late.so what did that have to do with them (Only dropped 2 points) I'm cancelling my card and will pay them off as soon as I can.I have several cards and this has never happened to me before

Stargate Lady Orange Park, FL

I purchased flooring for my house through an LLFlooring credit card with an interest-free promotion for one year. Every payment I made was double the required payment. Then my LLFlooring account was acquired by Synchrony Banking. I continued making double payments. At the end of the year of interest free payments my balance went from $675 to over $2000, because not one of those double payments was applied to interest. Not once did Synchrony suggest what the payment SHOULD be to pay off the promotion within the one year. I was guessing the double payment would take care of the interest. Nope. Apparently I should have quadrupled the payment. So, in conclusion, this experience has taught me a very important lesson. AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH SYNCHRONY BANK.

Tenee Baker Pooler, GA

This company has been giving me the runaround for erroneously cancelling both my LayZBoy and synchony car care credit cards. This was great having these cards, but the fact that a company can close accounts erroneously and have no remedy to fix it other than to apply for another card? That is not only unacceptable, but completely wrong for you to mess up on my credit, file false statements to the credit bureaus, and not correct any of this or to make a remedy to make me whole because I and my family have been harmed by this. I will continue to make my payments because it is the right thing to do, but I will never be a customer again after this and warn anyone who wishes to try to apply for a card because you screw the customers over big time. Shame on you Synchrony Bank. And I have called 4 times, been disconnected and telling me that they are sorry after long waits and being rerouted to people who cannot or will not help.

Darryl J Williams

Eversince Lowes changed (both( their computer system as well as rerouting payments through Synchronocy, there have been nothing but reports of malfeasance complemented with nefariously false statements. Such is and was and still is the prevalence of my situation. I paid the total amount of my purchase off during the month of January. Unbeknownst to.mtself,, the bill was circumvented to another entity on 15 January; but, the transaction was not debited until 19 January. ...with banking information being shown and faxed over upon request, speaking to the Customer service Representatives proved to be the proverbial lesson in futility. Double billing along with a mis-drlivery ensued. On a particular Saturday, there was an attempted delivery of the exact model projected to my residence. The poor soul who had to attempt delivery replied, "This is a common thing eversince the Company went to a new computer system. In vlising, "Change us not always good ," especially when a Corporation is trying to "bleed good hard-working folks dry through means of intimidation and cajoling. Sad state of affairs we currently live.

Gary Gorham, ME

Read these reviews (the bad ones). These people aren't lying. Twice this has happened with one of Synchrony Bank's accounts. First it was Amazon credit, and now today, I find out, from another credit card company, that there was a "change" to my credit. I check and find out it's Synchrony Bank again. This time Pay Pay credit. I had an $8,500 limit with them with zero late payments and a credit score consistently over 830. I find out the drop my limit to $1,500. I ask why again and the lady doesn't know why. She rechecks and says I can go "up" to $2,300. I asked to talk to someone higher up and he give me the "you don't use you credit enough" blah blah blah. I only used PP credit to spread out large purchases so what's the point of only having a $2,300 limit? Plus these kind of random decreases can lower your credit score. I don't need them. I closed the account Reading all the stories here, my advise is if you are to open a credit account and you find out it's Synchrony Bank. Run fast and far away! No hyperbole. All they've done is take a guy with perfect credit and singlehandedly try to wreck it with their business practices. All these good reviews must be robots, people who just opened an account, or bank employees. Trust me. When it happens to you, you'll say, "oh yeah, I remember the warning that guy gave online about Synchrony Bank. I don't know a lot, but I do know that Synchrony Bank is by far the worse credit card service out there. I've used many in my life and they are the only one who have treated me this way. BUYER BEWARE!

Christine Day Greensboro, NC

I applied for Care Credit and was approved through Synchrony. There was an option for card protection should I become unemployed so I chose it thinking it would be a small fee as most of my other cards charge a nominal fee. These clowns charge $46 each month. Between that fee and the interest, my balance is actually going up. This card is supposed to assist with dental and medical services and lower the stress but has caused more financial issues than if I had worked with the provider. I do not recommend this card due to high interest rates and extremely high card protection rates. I will be paying this card off with a lower interest loan and closing the account.

Siddiq Shijaee Leesburg, VA

It has been over one year that I have purchased furniture from Ashley using Synchrony credit card. I keep paying my monthly fees regularly after 3 months, there was extra $3500 charges on the top of my credit limit which was $4500 since then I have been filing 4 time claims receiving no results at all. Due to their nonsense extra charges I have lost my credit score, i spoke with Ashley furniture they confirmed that I purchased 1 time but synchrony bank keeps saying that I purchased 2 times I have documents from Ashley that 1 time purchase was made only back in Jan 2021. This small issue has not been resolved in over 1 year even though I claimed 4times. I don’t know how they manage other financial matters, whenever I talk to their representative they take all info and file a claim but with no results, they even don’t do follow up call or ask whether or not the issues is resolved. This looks that synchrony bank is cheating and stealing money from people, which I have experienced during my one year. They don’t listen and always ignore customer. I have decided to reach out to my attorney and file a lawsuit as I do have proper documents against them, I hope whoever is responsible for this bank will resolve my issue seriously, I work hard day and night to build up my credit because of this baseless charges I always lose my credit score.

Justin Steele

Synchrony Bank and their assorted credit cards - unfortunately also associated with the Amazon Prime card - is the worst financial institution I have had the displeasure of doing business with. I'm not a disgruntled customer that owes them money, I'm a disgruntled customer who has had absolutely no luck with their customer service or with payment disputes. I am still waiting, as of 2/11/2022, for a chargeback to show to my account that the merchant processed on January 31st, 2022. Their websites are a nightmare of popup chat boxes and surveys. Will I use you again? No. Will I recommend you to a friend? No. I might recommend you to an enemy, though. There are much better credit offers, much better banks out there. Do some research and look at their reviews - Synchrony is terrible.

John Virginia Beach, VA

Wish I would have read reviews about Synchrony prior to financing a purchase through them just to receive a $350 rebate gift card. Service has been terrible. I am coming up on 4 months since my purchase that qualified me to get a gift card. I have called them countless times. They do not file your paperwork correctly unless you call them and hassle them to do it. So this requires you to make calls and file your paperwork multiple times. Once your paperwork is in their system correctly they will drag their feet in getting you what they owe you. I keep hearing “wait 10-15 days then it should come.” I have heard this 3 times. When I call back to say it hasn’t come, they are unwilling to do anything different to assist or give any sort of reward or compensation for the immense inconvenience that has occurred. It seems like they just want to wait until you just give up so they never have to pay you or give you your reward. This is a terrible company. Wish I wouldn’t have used them.

Virginia Umphenour Bridgewater, NJ

They refuse to take credit card payments from my Bank of America account. This has been going on for four months. 22 phone calls, 3 chats, 18 attempts. They don't respond no matter how explicit I am. Strange thing, only one of their cards DID accept my Merrill Lynch Bank of America check payment. So they aren't even consistent in their refusa. Horrid. l did read Synchrony is known for problems with handling fradulent activity, actually breaking the law in misrepresentation to card holders. They are known for poor customer service and mistakes in all forms of debits and credits on statements. I've encountered all of this and more.

ItsJeppuMan Los Angeles, CA

This company is garbage. They closed my accounts (4 including Amazon) because I’m a high risk. I have paid everything on time and never been delinquent. I have had a credit usage of over 60% and they didn’t close it. I’m currently at a credit usage of 12% and now I’m a high risk. Synchrony is not a real credit card company. They are a joke trying to compete with the major ones. I will never open a synchrony account ever again. Oh and on top of that, I lost my nearly $400 in Amazon reward because they closed my account. The customer reps are also garbage. I got hung up on twice and the third lady tried to speak over me. I had to tell her to stop talking over me to which she finally did. Worst company ever. I recommend everyone to stay away from this company and go with one of the major/reputable ones.

joe lobello Boca Raton, FL

Terrible. Modani furniture and Synchrony accounting issues. Agreed that they double charged me and would remove. Account was $0 out initially and closed. Did not remove correct amount and after at least 10 follow up calls and emails, multiple apologies and customer service Reps saying would be taken care of, still not and now getting harassing emails/calls/texts. Spent countless hours of my life now on phone with their people that just yes and sorry you to death without any resolution. Nightmare trying to resolve. Worst big company experience ever! Don't get me started with their bate and swith Verizon Synchrony card.

Pamela Rose Burnley Polk City, FL

I honestly never thought I'd be writing this about SYNCHRONY BANK!! THEY RUINED MY CREDIT!!! I've been with them for a number of years I started out with a store card and work my way up with several cards highest card $13,000 limit..I always kept balances low..never took advantage of the high limits and paid on time payments sometimes made 2 3 or 4 payments a month ..always using my cards but keeping balances low..all of a sudden I got an alert from credit bureau letting me know my accounts were closed!!! Then what do you think happened?? My credit bottomed out..they made me look unworthy like I did something wrong..like I don't pay or deserve a good credit score. I respect my cards..I always stay below good usage . This is wrong synchrony bank..sooo wrong..please people if you value your credit please do not deal with this bank..they do not care about how well you pay on your account or what happens to you when they just close your accounts out of the blue..my credit is ruined..I can't buy a new home .car or anything . Credit wise I'm RUINED by this bank .

Percy Martinez Queens, NY

I applied for a credit card from Sweetwater (DJ/musician store) last year May with a $2k credit limit, and Synchrony is the bank in charge. I used this card only 3 times, not more than $500 in total for all purchases. I haven’t used the card since the middle of last year. Around the ending of last year I noticed on my e-statement showed me a credit limit of $300. When I called, the rep stated they sent me a letter as to why it was lowered and they couldn’t “give sensitive information over the phone”. When I threatened to close my acct, he then stated “let me check my archives”. He “found the letter” and read it to me!!!!! Apparently they lowered my credit limit due to 4 reasons: risk of lowered credit score, lack of real estate property, and 2 other BS excuses. So in lamens term: they felt I wasn’t worthy enough for a 2k credit limit and lowered it. Ive never heard of a bank decreasing credit limit because “they made a bad decision on you”. Closing a credit can negatively effect your score. I won’t be using this card anymore. Worst bank ever.

Kurt Smutzer Noblesville, IN

The only word i can use to describe Sychrony is disgusting. I had financed some furniture through Synchrony which when this was done, the monthly payments were to be 59.00mo. I paid the 1st payment of that along with a $29.00 late fee that they attached the day the bill is due. The next payment, now min due was 187.00 with a 39.00 late fee. I tried to make next payment early and was told min payment again is 187.00..I called customer service to discuss all this and as I spoke with one female she had to put me on hold to ask her supervisor what my payments were because she apparently had no idea. After being on hold for 10 mins I got disconnected, so I had to call back which took about 20 mins to get someone on line. This time I was informed that Yes, late fees get added on day bill is due. She also said that as long as bill is paid the late fees do not add on for 48 hours. Not true, they still add them. She also informed me that the late fees will change to what they want to charge you. The first girl I spoke with, when I asked what my monthly bill will be said it will be 187.00, when I asked the second person that I spoke with what the number is, at first she said it will go to what is should be (the 59.00mo) then proceeded to put me on hold to double check with a supervisor, and came back and informed me that the payments are now a percentage of balance due so now my next payment was 167.00.. This has to be the shadiest practice I have ever seen. None of the employees can actually tell you what your payments are without having to check with a supervisor. I was lied to about what the monthly payments will be and they will absolutely rip you off by adding what ever late fee they want even on the day is due. I would not recommend anyone to finance through them. Seek financing elsewhere.

Patricia Mays Landing, NJ

My account was on a payment plan. I paid $1700 in full to close the account earlier than agreed. However, The next 4 months they continued to take monthly payment out of my bank account. I have been working on this issue for the last four months and have been told anything such as a check reimbursement will come to me in 7 to 10 days and then I was told it might be 4 to 6 weeks and then they couldn’t find any information. I am beyond frustrated. Their employees are very polite and professional and I feel bad for them. They have to put up with the frustration of customers being promise something and not being satisfied.

Sua Torres Denver, CO

I wouldn’t give it a star if I could. This is the 2nd month and I haven’t received my check synchrony owes me since December. I called every 15 days because they Kees telling me “oh we are going to get the request so you get your check and it takes 7 to 10 business days and still nothing. I called the BBB, synchrony bank headquarters, synchrony fraud department and they all say the same thing. They said the calles are recorded but then when you ask for the calls so they can listen to them and know I’m not making anything up they say they can’t get them. I asked to speak to the manager or to get my refund through my bank they said they can’t help. These company is the worst at helping the the irony they have by saying “we appreciate your business” well yeah they do they are thieves. I didn’t want to waste my time getting a lawyer but I’m going to have to do this. Never do I want to work with this company again. they don’t care about their customers.

Donna DiCesare North Tonawanda, NY

I am upset with this bank. I had credit cards with them and they closed them all. The reason was bad credit risk. Every time I used my card and the bill came in it was paid in full. I never left a balance. I opened an account with them and after I got the card in the mail they closed it. Their customer service said even though I paid off every time I used it the credit bureaus reported I was a risk. I never heard of such bull. I will never shop at the stores that they issued the credit card again. I did send them a dispute letter but I’m sure I won’t even get a response. It even caused my score to drop.

Mike Southaven, MS

If I could give negative stars I would!!! I have paid every payment on or before the due date. The last payment I made was put toward the wrong account. Was told it would be up to 30 days to get corrected and that it may go on my credit report as a missed payment until they can review and get it corrected. I had to pay the payment again just to keep their mistake off my credit score. It was their mistake, their delay in review, their failure to put my funds to the correct account, and their missed opportunity to take responsibility for their actions and get this corrected quickly so it didn't affect me (THEIR CUSTOMER!!). I paid on time and make the efforts to help get this resolved. No help at all from them!! Terrible terrible terrible bank!!!! Beware!!!! I will never do business with this sorry excuse for a bank again and have been telling my story to everyone I have passed today and will continue to do so.

That Guy Levi Sterling, MA

I had a Verizon Visa and JCPenny card yhrogh Synchrony Bank. I stopped using the JCPenny card long ago because literally every time I made a payment, it would not go through, and I would have to physically show up at a JCPenny location to fix it. Then just yesterday, I recieveved notification that my Verizon Visa account was closed. I had similar payment issues as I had before with the other card...I had enough funds in my account, but they kept saying that I didn't, and I recieved "returned check" fees. I spoke with customer service. They reversed the fees, and told me that I was "all set" and 'not to worry.' That was about a week before my account was closed. Upon calling in again, and waiting 30 minutes on hold, they told me that because I had 2 insufficient fund issues on my account, that they automatically closed it. AND they would not allow me to reopen it!! The customer service reps sound nice, but they are no more useful than anything I could do myself on their janky apps. And overall, they clearly dont care at all about their customers, no matter how long or good their history is. I have over an 800 credit score, with zero late payments in over 5 years with any of my credit cards. Bottom line: ANY CARD OR BUSINESS WITH SYNCHRONY BANK SHOULD BE AVOIDED.

Alan Moberly Abingdon, IL

I have the PayPal MasterCard. They offer 2% cash back which you can transfer to your PayPal account. It ran fairly well until recently. I had fraudulent charges on my card. I called them, and they canceled my card and sent a new one. When I tried to claim my $102.32 in cashback awards. When I tried to claim it online, it said it was unable to do so at this time. I looked for the award the next day, and it was gone. I called Customer Service the next day. They said it will be on the next month’s statement. (It wasn’t.) i called again, and they said it would be on the NEXT month’s statement. Also, I made a $35 purchase online. Both my PayPal account AND my PayPal MasterCard account were charged the $35. I asked the vendor if she was double-paid. She was not. I called Synchrony. They said they would research and could take up to 90 days to resolve the dispute. I have spent enough time on the phone with Synchrony! Once all my charges have appeared, and I have apid off my balance, and claimed any cashback awards, I will close the account. I don’t want Synchrony Bank in my life anymore!

eddy gomez

Made a large purchase through Brandsmart almost a year later appliances haven't arrived paid 1-3 days late on the synchrony account. my minimum monthly payments are 10X minimum payment. Synchrony would not waive a two day late payment. Customer service wait is long, the bank will not provide you a forum to dispute and wanted me to write a letter to a po box. When i asked to be transferred to an account manager a Shannon hung up on me. Pretty bad experience I will never use this bank and hope to close this account in a week. Customer service is horrible you are nothing but a number to them. Their online payment system is a maze, don't use them !

Patricia Christmas Channelview, TX

Never try to improve your d/I ratio by paying off Syncrony accounts first, regardless of balance or interest rate. If you do pay one off completely, within the month they will cancel your credit card, usually citing your D/I ratio as the reason. If you pay off a significant portion of one of their accounts they will reduce your available credit by that amount, citing the same reason. I’ve moved all of my Sync managed accounts to minimum payments and am focusing on the ones that will actually do my credit score some good. Then I’ll pay off Sync and close the accounts myself. Once I do, never again!

Jo B The Villages, FL

The only positive experience with financing through this bank was the rate. Everything else was horrible. They are still living in the dark ages with no online access, no online payments, no app, no email.. I asked for a payoff statement and it took them 5 days to fax it to me. Who faxes things nowadays. The payoff was done via wire transfer and it went through another bank on Thursday and they did not clear it until the following Wednesday. When I asked them for a confirmation number for the pay off they said they don't do that they will mail a letter.. They give you no grace. On your payments however they owe me a check now and it will take 30 days for me to get it. Horrible. I would not do business with them again even if they offered a good rate. I would pay higher rate for better service.

marsha morgan Altamonte Springs, FL

Some of the largest bills are medical bills especially dental bills. I got a care credit card via synchrony Bank and because I was new to it I was given a balance 1500 to use. However an emergency came up which prove to exceed the 1500 amount so I requested a increase on my balance. My reply from synchrony was to the tune of: I haven't demonstrated the ability to use the amount given to me and no increase would be given. I explained everything in my explanation box but was denied the increase. Well now I get upset as to how I'm going to pay this so fortunately the dentist broke up the payment. Yes the bank doesn't know me but I'm sure there's a lot of people they don't know that they've increased their dental card for. They need to change their credit card to 'Don't Care' as opposed to Care credit. Oh and Jess is a side note, in reviewing your complaints, do you really send out false statements to your customers?

Whitley Dean Whitney, TX

Terrible! Do not bank with them. They don’t tell you all the rules then the freeze your account for 90 days and you can’t do anything but wait for them to unfreeze it!

Victor Z Pleasanton, CA

I have been with Synchrony bank even since GE closed their GE Capital account and suggested I transfer here. My experience with Synchrony bank is excellent. They have the best rate for CD and savings account. I used online transfer to switch money between my bank accounts. It works well for me. I have never had any problem with their customer services. You can quickly talk to a real person, no lengthy phone maze.

Magan Santos Houston, TX

I have been fighting with these idiots since OCTOBER over a refund for a rug I returned. I have all of my documents and they still have not given me the refund. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!

Eric Hamilton Cumming, GA

This captain of branded cards dinged my credit rating by lowering all of my balances even though none of my cards were above 30% utilization and most were actually paid off. This company may be run by the devil himself.

Meuric Elkins Park, PA

The Worst website I've ever seen. The Worst Hold Music I've ever heard. The Worst Customer Service I've ever had. The Worst App I've ever used. The Worst decision I've ever made was getting this GOD AWFUL card.

James Wright Dundalk, MD

I brought a trailer lock from Amazon. I turned it Amazon refunded my money synchrony bank still claiming I never returned it! The gift card money was refunded to Amazon. My credit card balance still holds the charges! It’s been months. I’m thinking of not paying nothing!

michael howard Snohomish, WA

After canceling a couple of extra payments, I still paid off most of my Pay Pal Credit account with Synchrony Bank. However, the bank some weeks later has suddenly increased my credit limit and closed my account IN THE SAME DAY, without notifying me.

FBM Orlando, FL

I have 3 accounts never late, always OVER pay on the ONE that have a balance and suddenly when I have to provide photo ID and video of myself I can in NO way get credit for furniture with a high 700 credit score and good standing with other accounts thru this company.

Sheila Campbell Longmont, CO

Do not use this banks credit card . I paid my credit card payment online and somehow they took my payment out twice. It was a pretty large amount and now they are giving me a run around to get my second payment back . They clearly took it out twice and now they want a bank statement to show what I paid it twice even though they got paid twice.

Elizabeth Wilson Dickinson, TX

This is by far the worst bank to deal with. Lowered my limit by 75% stating I do not use thier services enough. So now my debt to income ratio is out of wack. They also stated I am no longer a good risk because I no longer have an active mortgage. Shame on all of us who pay bills on time, do not abuse credit cards, and respect credit period.

B C Saint Clair Shores, MI

I had an Old Navy account. I hadn’t used it in about 6 months, didn’t owe anything on it and they closed my account today, saying the reason for doing so was because I have other credit cards with high balances . Not true!, that my credit score decreased since opening the account. Not true either ! Oh, and that the account had not been used in awhile. Beware of doing business with this bank!

dean standridge Winder, GA

Me and my wife have worked so hard on our credit. So we decided to write checks and mail them to them to pay them off along with most of our credit cards. A month later came the harassing phone calls. A late fee that in return caused another over the limit penalty along with calls everyday. They couldn’t find my payment. This trashed our credit. It wouldn’t have been enough for it to be one synchrony acct. It was three accounts that were perfect before they ignored my payment. Left a complaint on BBB to trigger a response back from them

Beverly Bradshaw Littleton, CO

The customer service component does not allow a customer to talk to a real person. Instead, one is put in a queue only allowing numerical choices. All I wanted to do was cancel my credit card because of $61 of fabricated late fees. I will never recommend this bank to anyone. Discount Tire does its loyal customers a disservice aligning their fine company with Synchrony.

saul A Riverside, CA

What a shame shame on u is not a good review is going to make any difference but really I have been a Sam's Club and a card holder for Synchrony Bank for the longest I've always paid on time or always have paid over the minimum amount that has been needed throughout the epidemic and for One Missed payment that I happen to overlook that wasn't even much keeping my overall debt ratio under 20 you guys have the balls to drop my credit limit to a point where shopping at the store there is no point no worries I'm going to cancel this card with you guys

Denny Pichardo Tustin, CA

The absolute worst, they're basically a scam business, setup ridiculous products to rob customers, like charging a huge deferred interest even if you paid off the entire card. To top it off they will tack on ridiculous interest rates. They told me via the phone, feel free to complain and we can help you document the complain but we're not dropping any of our charges. It's a scam business that has partner with Living Spaces to rip off customers. Don't get anything from either company.

HilDun Yonkers, NY

They FAILED to take the mandated IRS required 10% witholding tax from a scheduled withdrawal from my IRA account. Yesterday, Pamela, told me it was an ERROR, but! They refused to make me whole and fix it. Today, I reported them to the IRS via our US Congressman's office via Email, Jamaal B. They still are "holding" US Treasury funds! That's fraud. ZERO "stars" should be choice here, not one! My impression is that they are doing this to keep their balance sheet artificially high, so they can get more cash from the Fed. Reserve Bank. We will see what develops from this situation.

Cindy Stanford

I have a Lazy Boy account that I haven't used in a couple of years, so, without notification to me, Synchrony reduced the credit limit by $2500 which in turn lowered my credit score. Checking my score is how I found out the credit limit was lowered. So, I called and cancelled this account which will further reduce my credit score, but I don't care. I am tired of doing business with companies that don't deserve my business. As soon as I pay off my Care Credit account this month, I'll close that account also.

Grace A. Capobianco New York, NY

The worst bank and partnership Amazon has ever started. I would buy on Amazon and even though I would charge it to my personal credit card or gift card it would STILL wind up on this stupid synchrony bank amazon card. Every month I would log in to pay the payment and it would say my info was wrong. So I closed the account, not one but 3 times before they ever actually closed it. Horrible, partnership and bank. When I wanted to close the account they never even tried to make it good for me. They just do not care!!!!

Dan Cashion San Diego, CA

I received a letter yesterday that my CD had renewed into another 2 year term at a measly 0.65%. I called today to terminate the CD. I spoke to the first agent and a manager but both were inflexible about the >$60 termination fee. There is no way to set the CD renewal/termination options online. Customers must call the bank to do this. I'm taking all of my money out of this bank.

pat Raleigh, NC

First I had a credit card limit of 3000 dollars with Rooms to Go who told me I had 5 years to pay this off. I Missed one payment and they reduced my credit limit to 2500 dollars before I knew it. They review your credit report often I am told and this was most likely a factor. I miss another payment a few months later and they have CLOSED MY ACCOUNT AND REPORTED MY WHOLE BALANCE TO CREDIT REPORT. They will ruin your credit. I will never get a credit card with them again if I can help it.

StandingCount Woonsocket, RI

I wanted to enter the New Years without any debt. So I payed of a $1200.00 balance accrued through Amazon. Late that day I realized that Synchrony had a taken out a total of $2400.00 overdrafting my account. Now mistakes happen so I figured that I would contact them and the matter would be addressed. On Dec. 30th I reached out and informed them of what had transpired, the call center informed me that there was no way of refunding me electronically that it would take approximately 2 weeks to receive a check for the refund. I waited 45 mins to speak to a manager when they disconnected the call. Livid I decided to not call back and unleash on an operator that had nothing to do with anything. Fast forward about a week later. I called synchrony only to find out that no action had been taken to refund my money. I was placed on hold for over an hour to speak to a manager only to hear some bs that my funds had to sit in theirs for 7 days before it could be refunded and that they could not expedite the shipment. now I have to wait 7 plus business days to receive the funds, once deposited another however many days it will take to clear to an overdrafted account over money that I didn’t owe anyone. Synchrony you are an extension of a company Amazon that did over $110 billion in revenue alone this past year. Amazon this company is a terrible reflection you as a whole by the way they treat the customer and seek resolutions. That was the last time I use that account.

Ryan Hemphill Sterling Heights, MI

Synchrony Bank without notice closed my ABC account on 12/5/21. The account has been active since 2008 with an excellent history. With the recent Pandemic I have not used the card regularly over the last two years; however, was planing to use in the next month. I called on Synchrony Bank on 12/28 when reviewing my credit wise and credit karma accounts, since my available credit decreased. I have three accounts with Synchrony Bank, ABC, Lowes, Discount Tire. All have exceptional history. My Credit score in 795. previously they did the same thing with my Discount Tire account and I reopened the line. This causes me additional inquires and lost history, which both are a detriment to my credit history and score. I received no written or verbal notice of the intention, required action, which is bad business. I asked for the account to be reopened since I was within 30 days of noticing the closure and there was no negative information other than inactivity and I was advised that option is not available. I filed a BBB Complaint and CFPB Complaint and will never use this company in the future for a promotional purchase.