Synchrony Bank Logo

3.2

Maxwell Horne Mosinee, WI

As a real estate investor I've worked with so many banks, and this is by far the worst one! It's like pulling teeth to get anything to actually be communicated or executed. They basically held for ransom a trivial amount of inheritance I had received from my grandmother passing away, and it took no less than 13 hours of cumulative time on the phone, on hold (expect that a lot) and filling out forms, refilling out forms. All to make a basic transfer of $6k from two very trusting parties, my aunt and I. I eventually gave up but my aunt persisted. Now I just need to login and transfer it away from Synchrony, wish me luck lol

Crystal Terhune

Please do not use this Bank for anything. I messes up when I was younger and screwed my credit up. I worked really hard to get my credit back in good standings. I got one of their credit cards to make a purchase through Mattress Firm. I'm so regretting that choice!!! I've made every monthly payment since I opened the account. I missed the 6th deadline by one day 10 months ago. I paid that bill on the 7th and even paid the 40 dollar late fee. After that they lowered my available credit. Fine whatever, I didn't plan on using the card again anyways. I had special promotion for no interest until this purchase was paid off. Again every payment was on time before that one day mistake and then every time after that mistake. Yesterday, I get an email stating I had a correspondence from Synchrony. I looked at it and it said they were canceling my card because I did not appear to be credit worthy. I still have a 2k balance! So now this is going to make my utilization super high and my credit that I worked so hard to rebuild is going to take a massive hit! What's the deal? I literally had autopay set up to make the payment 6 days before the due date for 10 months! Are they mad because I wasn't using the card more and they weren't getting interest from me?? Either way!! Don't use them. They are a malicious bank that obviously is trying to keep everyone down. I'm still going to make my payment because I worked too hard not too! But I'm hoping someone else protects themselves from this bank because of this review!!

Bridgette Conway Philadelphia, PA

Never notified/tried contacting me regarding interest charges to my account, yet attempted contacting me non-stop via texts, calls, and emails every single day after the interest charges were posted to my account to collect the money. Terrible customer service and automated speak as I was called (for collecting the interest charges) and nothing on the recording disclosed who was calling. The live representative answered the phone only saying “hello?” and did not identify themselves/their company so I thought it was a scam initially. I immediately paid the whole balance, including the $2000+ of interest charges they put on my account (with zero notice), and closed my account the following day once the money transferred. Shady, deplorable company. 0/5 stars. Would never recommend.

Pamla Cobbs Frisco, TX

Synchrony Card Security program is a scam. I discovered after stopping direct payments to Synchrony that I was actually paying their card security program. None of my payments went against the actual loan. When I lost my job, I tried to get the Card Security to assist. I filled out a application and then denied it, stating that I resigned from my job. The card holder told me that I had a option to stop the card security and ask for a refund. Because they made two payments on my behalf they declined to give me a refund for the 3 years that I paid into the program. I was not told that they would make the 2 payments while the application was being processed, nor was I told that it would void my ability to get a refund if it was declined. I'm paying this loan at 26% interest.

Big Ed Raleigh, NC

If I could give this institution 0 stars I Would, This bank is HORRIBLE, I went too a dental office in Raleigh NC they offered Care credit aka synchrony Bank as a way to pay, what a mistake outrageous interest rates after eleven months of on time payments and never a late payment as a matter of fact I would pay double or three times the minimum payment due ….. I received a credit alert that my credit limit was lowered which took my credit usage with synchrony Bank from 27% usage to 98% credit usage with this account. Therefore I called them and after several attempts I was able to reach a live person and I asked for an explanation her reason was that care credit aka synchrony Bank is not the ones that lowered my credit limit she told me an outright Lie that the credit bureau did this, after several minutes of going back and forth I was told that she would review my account and be back in touch with me as expected I have yet to hear back from this HORRIBLE institution …..A bit of sound advice “Stay as far away from Care Credit aka synchrony Bank as possible . Needles to say I will never do business with them again, and I warn all of my family,friends, and even strangers to stay away from this financial institution….. EJ Raleigh,NC

Lynne Porcell Austin, TX

Lynne P - Austin, Texas I bought a Samsung dishwasher from Lowe’s in Austin, Texas, 8000 Shoal Creek Boulevard, November 5th, 2021, and paid it off within a little over a year but having a 2-year interest free loan. April 3rd of 2022, I bought a Samsung Refrigerator with a 1-year extended interest free loan. However, on April 7th [4 days later], Lowe’s came out with a new promotion that any appliance bought over $2,000.00 could have a 2-year interest free loan. So, I went back to the store and returned the first refrigerator and bought it again under the 2-year interest free loan. I never had any delivery of the refrigerator, so it seems I was within my rights to bring it back and buy it again. The salespeople had no problem with that transaction. The wording on the right side of every bill I received during the period till I paid off the loan early since I was being hounded for no reason, showing once again that I had 2 – LET ME REPEAT THAT 2 – different interest free loans. You already robbed me of $142.34 because I did not notice that you added to my May 2023 Balance $142.34 cents because I never had a credit card company just randomly add money. I did not question the balance the next month when I should have with the way you operate your company. I did not buy anything at all on any of the monthly bills that I received over the last 2 years of paying off my dishwasher and refrigerator. I have enclosed a June 15th Payment Due Note. I get repeated calls every day from Lowe’s. I have no intention of paying you a red cent. In fact, you need to send me back the $142.34 cents that you charged me already for no reason. I was anticipating buying a stove and microwave to finish off my kitchen but unless this is settled, I will not be coming to Lowe’s. And if you have no desire to settle a problem with a person who has good credit, that is up to you. Maybe you think robbing everyday people and overcharging them is a game. IT IS NOT! I was appalled when I started reading on the internet how Lowe’s and Synchrony Bank absolutely robs the public.

C D Windham, NH

We opened an account with Synchrony bank to set up a payment plan for work that was done on our property. After several months of mailing checks, my wife decided to set up the payment info for online banking. A week after submitting the first online payment, we got a rejected payment notification and a "returned check fee" was charged to our account. Without any clear indicator as to why it was rejected, I called the bank's support number to get an explanation. The person on the line informed me that some account information was entered incorrectly and the fee was automatically charged because of that. No, he couldn't tell me specifically what info was typed in wrong and, no, the fee was not able to be reversed for any reason. I was able to get transferred to a manager who, after reiterating the same info, narrowed it down to our bank's account number being one digit off what it was supposed to be. A single typo equaled a $30 penalty fee. I was given their sympathies, told they would fix it if they could, and that they understand how it is an easy mistake. But the words "terms of service" were thrown at me about 12 times and that it was the company policy to never reverse those kinds of fees. They can waive late fees and other issues, but for unknown reasons (read: they don't want to), my situation does not apply. It is a classic example of anti-consumer fees designed to punish customers, regardless of circumstance, just to squeeze a few extra dollars out of them. I wonder of rules such as ToS will ever apply to these banks when they accidentally give out too many predatory loans and crash the housing market and need a government bailout again.

sstone55

I have (or had) two accounts through synchrony bank. Both accounts with pretty high limits. The account through LL Flooring was just closed. Synchrony bank closed it. For the reasons of I had too many revolving accounts, with balances they are too high. I never had one late payment and spent thousands on flooring. I just recently paid off the remaining balance. I have a higher credit score now than I did then. I’ve never had a creditor close an account. Also, each credit reporting agency has been frozen approximately two months ago, so I don’t know how they could even get any credit information. I’m just stunned. I will never do business with them again. Do not use this company.

R M Las Vegas, NV

I wouldn’t even write this bank number 1. We finance through JCPenney every month. We were making a payment on time every time we had a balance with a good adequate credit line, but because the credit score dropped a little bit. This bank took the credit back they issued back even though they got a payment every time on time I highly recommend that you never use this bank I am warning anybody reading this, not to finance through this bank if you get credit, or have credit the minute you fall behind her your credit score goes down they take away the credit they issue . It’s a guarantee that we will not pay the balance off.

Fredrick Panda Ventura, CA

I don't think I've ever encountered a company so consistently bad in every single aspect. It would take too long to get into specifics because of how many different instances there are. To summarize, their customer service is horrendous, the website has never worked properly, and I even have to use a different browser to get into my account, their website will not allow me to manage my account without going through another step that doesn't even work. Their website is an absolute joke. Also, someone put my middle name down as my last name in their system, so it took several minutes to get access to my account when I finally spoke to someone on the phone, and they still kept using it as my last name after I corrected them. They then told me that I had to submit some form and provide proof of my identity because of someone else's stupid mistake. Their automated phone system is also a nightmare, and wasn't able to assist me with my issue no matter how pushy it was to get me to use it and not speak to an actual person. However, when I finally got through to a person, I honestly couldn't say which was more useless. I am only using this bank to pay off furniture, but if I ever finance furniture again and the company tells me they use Synchrony, that company will immediately lose my business. Yes, that was the summarized version of my overwhelmingly negative experiences with this horrible company.

Tee Woods Powder Springs, GA

I would not prefer this bank to Noone. My reason for opening and account with Synchrony wad to establish good credit or to help my credit. I paid off a Rooms to Go account and a Ashley furniture account on time never late, even doubled up on payments just for them to close both these accounts. I asked why they just closed on me and not give me more credit and not consider my payment history. They stated because there are too many things listed on my credit report. I told them those things were there when you approved me in the beginning. Why was I even approved. I only got these account to build my credit and show credit worthiness in hopes of them extending more credit instead they close both accounts. I wish I never dealt with this bank

Erik Miller Santa Rosa, CA

Zero stars. Even though my Synchrony account was on auto pay, and they do show receiving payments from me every month (early!), I was getting calls and texts from them saying I was over due. They even added late fees on to my account and reported me as late to the credit bureau, which caused my credit score to decline. After several conversations with people there who couldn’t explain why this was happening, I just paid off the balance in full so that my score wouldn’t be affected again. What a joke. The left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. At least they reversed the late fees, but my credit score is still adversely affected.

Carolyn Jean Reading, MA

if I could rate them ZERO stars, I would. I previously had a TJX Mastercard for many years through Synchrony Bank but because of an issue that I had with them I closed the account several years ago. Because I shop in Marshalls and TJX companies quite a bit, I let myself be talked into applying again at visit to Marshalls in the last few months. However, once again, I couldn't log into my online account, then when calling customer service I was met with total ineptness, and when I asked to speak with the account manager (Josie #2893), all she could do was keep apologizing for customer service that she supposedly "could not" provide. I can't imagine why TJX Companies does not find a more customer oriented bank to provide their credit services. I'll still shop at TJX Co's but will use my airline credit card which provides benefits equal to or better than the Synchrony Bank, and DOES provide customer service when needed. Fool me once, shame on you Synchrony, fool me twice.....well I guess the second credit card with this horrible institution means shame of me for thinking things may have changed over the several years between the two credit cards

Matt

I use them for alot of accounts and they seam great in those accounts, Yet I have a B&H camera account that they decided to stop working with I guess . I purchased a few used low end cameras and some equipment . All the sudden the card was closed and not usable , That is when I was hit with 3 and 4 hundred dollar interest fees several months in a row puttung me over limits and doubling what I owed in a few short months ! It gas now been years ,I have made several phone calls to try and fix ,settle and some how stop this exasperation and strong arm act yet there only answer is to pay them way over the original purchase price and years of charge to stop the nightmares. 12 other accounts with them GREAT! THIS ON ACCOUNT AND THERE ACTION , I have decided to finish paying off all the others account i have with them in good standing then never use them again . Hope it is worth it sad!

Leanna Meadows Waynesville, NC

Anyone who is considering a credit card through Synchrony Bank, strongly recommend to reconsider. They isse cards affiliated with Lowes, Belks, Sam's, Care credit to name a few. After getting issued two cards through Walgreens and Sam's Club, I found out this Bank thinks its okay to rerun your credit without your permission and lower or raise your credit as they feel. My result dropped my credit score for adding extra inquiries and lowered my credit making my credit percentage higher on overall credit also making my score drop. I have had these cards almost a year, NEVER HAVE I EVER MISSED OR BEING LATE ON A PAYMENT. I have been a perfect consumer. Less than 175.00 balance on both cards and never been to the top end of credit limit. BBB reports they are not accredited and over 2900 complaints of the same action as I am stating. I think all these companies should select a new bank to handle their card services.

M$ke San Pedro, CA

Synchrony Bank closed my Care Credit MC, Lowe's, Living Spaces and Amazon accounts without notice and for no good reason. One account had been in service for over a decade and had real sentimental value. It was for my first dog and I had been using that card for each subsequent pup in my family. It hurt they closed that account so callously. I had $0 balances for 3 cards and paid off my Amazon card monthly. My only mistake is that I decided to trust such an unsavory financial corporation. Their practices are legal and hidden in their terms and agreement. I will never conduct business with them ever again. It is a shame they are the ones who operate Amazon's credit cards. Hopefully Amazon will rethink their relationship with a bank that cares very little for its customer. You should avoid doing business with Synchrony Bank unless absolutely necessary.

Salih Gafori Dallas, TX

Avoid synchrony bank !! i had bad experience with their furniture stores credit card it should be no interest for the first 2 years and then in one day you will i found my balance almost got doubled because the main reason are my promotion are expired just couple days a go without any notice or any further information!! until they hit my credit score really bad and i just paid off my first credit to avoid any interest. with second credit care from synchrony i just got same problem today my balance was $1600 I just got recent email showing my balance become 3800!! Isn’t that crazy and when i call them they was talking about my promotion just expired yesterday !!to avoid the high interest i have to pay my balance in full!! What kind scam bank is it !!

Julian EulatthFrost Woodstock, GA

AVOID SYNCHRONY BANK AT ALL COST. They will be a negagtive on your credit score in the future. I had to two funiture store cards with ZERO balances, never missed a payment period. Synchrony Bank closed both cards without formal notice which impacted my FICO score negatively. Now, they have been systematically lower my Lowes CC keeping my balance at high utilazation rates which in turn has a negative affect on my personal FICO score also. Seems this banks AI or analytics are against a consumer even if you payoff cards or pay down cards more than what is owed each moth. Either way Synchrony Bank IS NOT A LENDER OR BANK YOU DEAL WITH AVOID AT ALL COST IT WILL HAVE A NEGATIVE IMPACT ON YOUR FICO SCORE. The customer service is a joke. The CS staff reads off a set menu. If Syncchrony Bank is this nervuos about the personal borrowers they lend too then Synchrony Bank should find another income stream and get out of retail credit card lending period.

Chris Tampa, FL

Exceptionally poor customer service. Long waits for phone. Online chat often has no agents available. Online portal won't allow viewing of statements. If you do get a statement, the break down is confusing and often incorrect. Does not show all open accounts, transactions, promotions, or why you owe what they say you owe. Terms are always non-negotiable. Unwilling to work with customer for any reason no matter what the customer's circumstance. Cold and callous towards customers on calls. Does not send important account notifications. Will not leave voicemails if they even do call the customer. Does not care about you, just your money. Lobbied enough influence in Washington to get lending laws passed so that they legally don't have to care about helping you. How convenient for them. Don't depend on them to keep you informed about when and how much to pay them. It all falls on your shoulders regardless of what's happening in your life. After all, you signed the contract?

Freshbrze20 Winter Park, FL

Agreement to pay 12 mos no interest on $23000.00 major Dental surgery I paid as required amount due monthly on time. Synchrony Bank consistently added interest frequently to this no interest transaction. I've had several conversations with them. They remove it and put it back. Block. Deny any interaction to stop it. Beware. Not a honest. reputable Compsnyyou have lots of better options Pick another Bank or you may wish you had listened to me The interest they tried to stick me with was 27,% compounded daily. Fortunately. I was able to pay in full what I actually owed, no interest. Peace. I'LL NEVER TRUST OR BANK WITH SYCHRONY AGAIN. Capital One and Discover on line Banking banking & Credit Card are reasonable & fair... they don't lie or cheat. I'm not compensated for this review. I wish someone had told me. One year been back & forth with SYNCHRONY BANK. Peace praise God. He loosened the shackles. I have a permanent ZERO balance with SYNCHRONY BANK FOREVER.

John Maxwell IV Richardson, TX

You will.need a back up plan. I tried to pay for a trip that I booked with say same credit card the previous year. The payment was rejected. I called and was given steps to help that were ineffective. The link to identify myself didn't work. Why did I even need this when I verified the purchase by checking yes to the charge request via email and text. I never was able to make the purchase and my identity is still in limbo. I stood in the store that authorized me to get the card and I still had no luck. Horrible customer service from the manager trained to help, but didn't or couldn't. Poor !

Mark Root Scottsdale, AZ

In November 2021, I financed furniture through Synchrony bank (bank chosen by furniture store) with a 0% interest loan expiring in May 2023. I set up recurring payments every month. I unfortunately ignored monthly statements from Synchrony as I presumed it was just useless data. I never received ANY emails or texts. My bank was apparently late on funding Synchrony several times and I unknowingly incurred late fees. After my final payment in April 2023, I kept on getting monthly statements, which I finally opened in June. This showed $300 in late fees and $1100 in back interest to day 1 in 2021. I called immediately, escalated to an account manager and she denied waiving any fees, even though I dutifully paid every month and my financed loan was $0 by the time the promotion expired. Now I owe $1400 from an original $2900 purchase - which I PAID! Since I called about my account I have been getting emails and texts almost every day explaining my outstanding balance. Even after explaining I was not some deadbeat person not paying their bills, they refused to be human and do anything. Shame on me for not checking my mail. Shame on Synchrony for their behavior, unwillingness to be reasonable and treating me like a deadbeat. I see now how they made $3 BILLION in profits last year.

Russell Simms Houston, TX

It is time for Synchrony Bank to be held accountable for their disingenuous and dastardly behavior. They used Sam's Club to have their reps walk around and hound you to sign up for credit, then they approve you for $5,000.00, then despite the fact that you're a 15-20 year Sam's Club member, and you shop there for your business, and you pay all of your bills on time...as soon as you reach even less than 50% of your available balance, they "chop off your available balance to less than $100, showing that NOW you have used 90% of your available balance. This is not right, and they must be held accountable. I DID NOT NEED THAT #@&$ CARD!!!! I. AM. SO. ANGRY. 🤬🔥🤬🔥🤬🔥

Autumn Miller Blackwood, NJ

I have a Lowes Advantage card through Synchrony bank and it is absolutely the worst. I started with a limit of $1300 and when I only used half of it they lowered my limit to only $70 over what I had charged which severely decreased my credit score in one month! At the time I was trying to refinance my mortgage and because of this my credit score fell to the point that I was no longer above a 630 and could not refinance my home. I requested a reason why this happened and the reason I was given was I was not utilizing my credit enough. So I paid down the card to about a $200 and used it for a couple of paint supplies just to ensure I was utilizing the card. I then received another notice a couple of credit card statements later stating my limit was being lowered yet again and this time they lowered it to $300 which was only a few dollars above the balance, so my credit score was dropped AGAIN. I requested that they increase my limit as I would not be able to use the card to finance any large projects, I was asked a few questions over the phone to find out if I could be approved for a credit limit increase to at least $500, and I was denied, mind you my salary more than covers my expenses and I pay my bills on time! I hate this bank. I currently have a balance on the card of $58 I bet you they lower my limit to $100 just because they can. They are the worst!

Tim Ballwin, MO

Do not use this company. I had a Lowes Advantage card for years, which is backed by Synchrony Bank. Recently I had my entire HVAC replaced by Martin-Jetco. They had advertised 18 months interest free financing. This financing was also backed by Synchrony Bank. While obtaining financing the HVAC was installed, because how could I not get denied financing with my high credit score. Well Synchrony would not communicate with me and when I was able to speak with someone, they wouldn't tell anything other than if I have any questions to call them back. REALLY! You won't answer my questions when I call, so why should I call in the future. Regardless, I was denied because even though I already do business with them they stated they couldn't identify me well enough to extend me credit. And it took them over a month to explain that one sentence to me and they still couldn't explain how they came to that decision. The lesson learned is, if any company uses Synchrony Bank you need to explore other options.

minabluemerle St. Petersburg, FL

No buyer protection on purchases. Terrible customer service. Waste of time trying to get any help.

NJGut Crofton, MD

On our travels to Morocco and Portugal in late April - Early May we encountered problems using our ATM Card from Synchrony Bank. Although it is on the Visa Plus Network it wouldn't work at ANY major Moroccan Bank ATM machine in any location we tried. In addition, In Portugal we couldn't get it to work on ANY major bank machine in the Multibanco network. Only the onerously expensive (13% comission) Euronet machines would work. Multiple and expensive calls to Synchrony Bank support did NOT result in any helpful answers. The card was validated as working by Synchrony support. My advise is to not rely on Synchrony Bank for international travel support

Rob McLaughlin Summerville, SC

Disgusting fraudulent behavior. Failure to provide as advertised. Customer service is awful Funding CDs is a nightmare

1 month ago Edited January 9, 2024

Vicki G Franklin, IN

Looks like the negative reviews didn't read the info on their credit card statement re: interest charged during a free interest period! I've used Snchrony Bank many times for interest free products and had no issues. Recently opened a CD and Andy was pleasant to work with.

Randie S. Edmond, OK

Opened this card in June 2021 as my dog was going to sleep furever. The promotion says 0% interest if paid in full by 6 months (12/2021). Cool. Charged vet fees, no problem. Charged cremation costs, no problem. Took my total balance and divided by 6 since I knew that would be my balance. Made a payment that day, before my first billing cycle even ended. This technically makes me "one month" ahead on payments, right? I'm making a payment before the cycle ends each time. Last month, I got my statement which had a $29 late fee. What? They said it was because I didn't make my payment on time. They said I made it on the "due by" date, but not by whatever Eastern time deadline (I'm in Central). Actually, I did, and I have the email confirmations and screenshots to prove it. I made it in the middle of the day but it didn't post as processing until the next day. Went through the automated service which said they would do a one time refund but make sure I make the next payment on time to avoid the fee. I had no idea!🙄 I verified via a confirmation # from live csr about the $29 so we will see what my next statement says. Kind of makes me dread what December might look like. I will update if the statement goes wrong again or if December is crap, but right now I'm just neutral. Even though I was refunded money I didn't owe, I was still put down by an automated system treating me like a child. If all goes well, I will give deserved stars back.

Audrey Jane Budzynski Carbondale, CO

The first time I even heard of Synchrony Bank -- we bought a Bed from a Mattress Business in Glenwood Springs. Oh it was great until they got to the point where you could send your payment in time and they would never get it in time and would start adding more charges on to your account. Then we went to Lowes, same thing Synchrony Bank on every thing at Lowes. Then I went to Sam's Club and had no idea that they had taken over Sam's Club. Just got a call about Synchrony Bank on the phone and found out that they not only had the wrong name, the Bill I was sent was returned by the Post Office and of course there were interest fees. Good Grief is the the Bank of the Future? So my advice don't charge anything to any place unless you know what Bank they are using. This Synchrony Bank has taken over everything. I have been a Traveling Notary and my advice don't do business through them as you get the same person Who doesn't speak good English. I almost Crapped when I heard this same lady say I am calling about your missing a payment from Synchrony Bank for shopping at Sam's Club. I had no idea. Won't use that card any more, sticking to Discover Card. Same Lady gets on there and says the Bill came back to our Company. I have been here for 55 years in the same location, if it came back you had to have something wrong with the address. It was in a Name from a Previous Marriage. I hate that name . They want you to pay over the phone. They want you to send the Bill back the same day as you get it so if it takes the mail awhile they don't care they just don't care about the mail. Well I do care about the mail and when you get my payment you can see the post marked date. So stop acting like your going to keep adding more money on to the Bill..... I can't help it. I do not pay on line for anything except the Discover Card.

Pursuit Dallas, TX

Poor customer service. Statement always wrong

Michael Smith Elizabethtown, PA

Synchronicity bank and finance made fraudulent transactions with little to no explanation for this. Synchronicity continued to take payments after account was closed. I will never use Synchronicity in the future and not recommend this company for anyone to use! Thanks for nothing

Chris J Lake Ann, MI

I only borrowed 700 dollars for a vet bill. It's a hustle. Sent in small payments for 5 months with a 0 percent promo for the first year. They all went towards 45 late fees .. they charge from the day you use credit card. So I was always close to 15 days late. Closed my account and payed them off

Anar Rzayev

Very poor customer service!!! The bank lowered my credit limit from $6000 to $250 after I paid off my balance with on-time payments. Customer service didn't have the intention to help me at all and was very disrespectful. Bad company, bad bank, bad service!!!

Greg Blakey The Plains, VA

I could go into the whole story, but just beware as they are not reputable, even if you have it in writing. They will run you around and waste your time. Then you will still have the 29% interest rate after signing up for a promotional interest free time period.

Joe Ann Miller Plattsburgh, NY

Horrible bank! They lowered my Lowe’s credit limit called for an explanation. They stated I had too many credit cards and no real estate. I have never been late and never over limit. Not sure what real estate has to do with a credit card. Closed all my accounts with them. Avoid them.

Michael Jad Benton Harbor, MI

Customer service stinks. I actually have two cards with them, but would not do that ever again. All they want is money. I was supposed to get some rewards for a purchase but never received them and by time I called and asked they said it was past time to use them and there was nothing they could do. That was $160 out the window. Terrible.

Deena Wilson Muskogee, OK

This company is absolutely horrible with communication. After the amount of money I have spent with this card, they cancelled my card for non use without notice, devastating my credit score. There are too many other options, advise you to get a different financing company

Richard Roberts Jacksonville, FL

Not Happy with this bank, I got a Sam’s master card through synchrony about six months ago. Since I’ve noticed they take several days to post payments charging extra interest. Their customer service is horrible

Richard Head Newton, NC

If I could give half a star I would. After having to deal with their automated system because they had ALL of my information incorrect so I couldn't access my account... I vow to NEVER use this bank or its services again. Never have I had such an issue or the amount of frustration this has caused. One word: TERRIBLE.

Kelsey Woodard

Terrible in this day and age what lender doesn’t have a grace period! But you set the payment dates for your customers! They are aweful and not considerate at all. I am currently trying my best to close my account and never look back.

Wanda Middletown, DE

Synchrony bank credit cards routinely cancel credit cards and lower credit limits even if you pay you bills and are never late or over your credit limit. By doing this it lowers your credit score which allows them to charge you higher interest if you want to get your limit raised again. Crooked business practice.

Angel Aguirre

I made a large payment because this bank is messing with my card utilization. Almost 2 weeks later they still have my funds on hold because it was a large payment. I was told they would report it on the 29th, and you guessed it. They still haven't processed it. I was told now that an additional 2 days later that they would finally process it and report it to the credit department. Never again will I use them. They will report usage almost the same day, but will take their sweet time to update your usage.

Leslie Cavalie Manchester, TN

Had a loan for 2 months, made 2 payments already and today I was going to make the 3rd payment but showed as late and with a $30 late fee. I was not late; I have been paying one month ahead. However, according to the lady on the phone, if I make a payment before the statement is issued the payment does not count towards that month but counts towards the month before, so they are counting 2 payments in the first month and no payment for the second month and charging a $30 fee. Never have I been charged a fee for paying early or before my statement was issued. Ridiculous!

Main Account Cleveland, OH

The customer service department is absolutely terrible! Long long waits on the phone. Representatives are not knowledgeable, have gotten different answers to the same question. If I didn't have a Sam's Club account I would never use this bank. Terrible, terrible, terrible and I never write reviews. Have wasted so much time trying to deal with them on mistakes they made.

valiant200 Oakland, CA

i’ve had have a savings account with Synchrony for a couple years. everything has been in order and no issues. interest rate is top notch.

Patrick Veilleux Minneapolis, MN

Do not do business with this bank! They have closed 4 of my accounts with them for no good reason. This lowers you credit score dramatically and when you need credit this is not a good thing. I paid all my bills on time and this did this to me. What a joke of a bank and hope they go out of business. I hope karma bits them in the butt for doing this to loyal customers.

Auti Morgan Portland, OR

Don't bother opening an a card with them. We had 3, paid all in time and even early. They closed 2 of them and reduced the availability by half on the other one. This was all at different times. It always said it was because my score dropped. plus the drop in scores were very small and very temporary. Them closing it made it go down . I paid them on time and they punish you by dropping your score. And that drop was much bigger and harder to recover from

David Cruz Woodstock, VA

I had a Heart Attack and took a cut in pay which landed me behind in several bills. Synchrony bank hired Tenaglia and Hunt to take me to court. They asked why I fell behind I told them I had a heart attack and that did not help the situation at all. They still didn't want to work with me. Stay away from this bank. Also their late fee is the same as their monthly payment. This bank practices in predatory lending.