Synchrony Bank Logo

3.2

Rob Maggi Keene, NH

FIVE phone calls trying to get a copy of my statement totally over 2 HOURS!!! Five days ago they told me they would email the statement to my mortgage company. It hasn't arrived.

Daniel Lidawer

This bank is awful. They have the worst service I have ever seen. No ability to expediate items. Operators can't call back if you get disconnected. Supervisors are worthless. Stay away from this bank if possible.

Linda Ventura Apopka, FL

When you pay off a vehicle They do not release The lean so you can get a title. I have been calling for over 3 months and still nothing. My suggestion avoid this company at all cost. I really wish that I could do 0 stars.

Robert Feinstein North Bergen, NJ

terrible, stay away Pay for your sevices and dont get interest free. Bad Bank Reps are poorly trained I had to take a bath after speaking with them, used car salepeople Stay away

Dennis Charles West Palm Beach, FL

Takes 4-7 days to get your money transferred to your external accounts, other online banks do it in 1-2 days. Customer service personnel on the phone are okay, I'm pretty sure they are in a different county though.

NReneeW Woodbridge, VA

Call center reps only line of communication and no way to communicate with “corporate.” Tried for months to resolve issues with a refund owed to me for an account that was paid in full through all modes (phone, fax and email). Would not recommend this bank for any sort of financing.

James King Garden City, MI

A very very very bad company I don't recommend anyone deal with these gangsters, crooks how they do people how is you pay your 💳 on time pay it completely off then get lowered what's the point in having the card if you can barely use it makes no sense at all.

Eric shane Panama City, FL

They will give it to anyone but then as soon as you have an emergency and get uoto 80 percent, like I did. they cut my limit down so my balance was over my max, killed my 700 scores. Never do business with them. Now, even after I have a zero balance they wont raise my limit. No problem, you get my business. Jacks.

Katrina Cook Springfield, MO

Absolutely horrid website. It's practically impossible to make a payment online. My passwords never work even though I save them in my notes EVERY SINGLE TIME I have ever had to change them... which is everytime... because the site will never recognize them. Thanks for wasting gobs of my time Synchrony!!!!!!!!!!

Katherine Malone Cincinnati, OH

The customer service at synchrony bank through Sam's Club is awful and there's no excuse for this. I've worked in customer service in companies before and would've never done a customer this way . Putting me on hold and transferring me. I went on for 55 fifty five minutes and problem not resolved.

AngryApplicant Gulfport, MS

Bank ran credit when they were unable to verify identification. Credit took a hit AND they rejected the application because they were unable to verify identity. I am currently discussing the situation with them and looking for others that have had this happen. I am looking to possibly file a class action lawsuit.

Robert M. Knight Cleveland, TN

Horrible Customer service , Denied prepaid card agreed to for getting card , through DISCOUNT TIRE False late fees.. Statements mailed late to cause late fees.. I had to close the account to avoid more late fees. I will join anyone who wants to file a class action suit against these THIEVES

Rohinton Bhandari Sunnyvale, CA

Even though I paid a huge chunk over and above the monthly payment (say for the next 12 months) they still charge me a late fee claiming that I need to pay them every month and that my lump sum payments only amounted to reduction of principal.

Unhappy Cardholder New Braunfels, TX

After making a payment, my account was placed on hold for 12 days. The reason? Because I paid before my due date!!! Really!!! My payment is due on the 7th of each month and I paid on the 23rd and for that I’m penalized. This bank has some crazy rules. They get mad because you pay early. What a JOKE!!!

JP Cypress, CA

I applied for a credit card to buy roof materials from Lowes. They gave me $4000 without any verification but refused to increase to $8000. Chase gave me $20K and 65000 miles that is free 5 one way tickets on United. Synchrony may reconsider the efficiency of their credit verification division. It is poor.

Fred Johnson Port Royal, SC

This bank has some of the highest rates I ever saw in Amazon. I will use my other credit card for purchases from Amazon and will never use this bank again. Piss poor customer relations. Unclear billing practices.

Natasha Salt Lake City, UT

I have a loan through them. The interest rates are pretty good. I haven't had any problems with them. The customer service is good.

hilda leon Washington, DC

I pay more in interest fees than paying off my balance. Steal your money.

Ingrid B Dallas, TX

This bank still lives in the 80's and is not updated whatsoever. Customer service sucks big time!

Shane Gaddy St Louis, MO

Terrible bank to do business with they will close your account for no reason even if you were a good customer and paid off your account there are better banks out there!

Char Cleveland, OH

I applied for credit card with one thier parent branch. They quoted an incorrect Transunion score; significant under twenty points difference!

Marsha McLean Midvale, UT

I’d like to put no stars! Fraudulent and totally inaccurate in their conversations and bookkeeping! I tried twice to put automatic deduction. They said I did not talk to anyone, BS!

Nancy W Washington, DC

Don't get cards from this company, Had credit cards and due to the pandemic decided to lower my credit limit and also when it was paid off closed the accounts making my credit score do down. Not happy with this Company

Joon Kim Las Vegas, NV

Absolutely a nighmare 1. their website does not work 2. they don't have lock feature 3. I was lured in by the 2% reward but everything is fishy at synchrony. Going back to Chase

Margot Morshuis-Coleman Charlottesville, VA

They lower your credit limit without any reason. What that means is you suddenly have a 90% balance on your card? They suck. No, you’re not amazing at all.

Charles Dickson Sweeny, TX

A very shady company, the change your account with no notice. I am closing all my accounts and will never use them again. I suggest anyone find other means, rather then use these people.

joe

Worst Customer Service Ever!!!! 4 months and still going to resolve a disputed charge and being charged interest doing the promotional period.

Mary DeLaBarre Colorado Springs, CO

Don't do business with this bank. They will close your accounts with no explanation. Poor poor customers service. Worst bank ever!!!

Jau 6429 Albuquerque, NM

Synchrony bank representative took it upon herself to change my credit card mid trip leaving my family and I stranded do not trust this bank

Jennifer Omaha, NE

They are destroying my credit!!! They closed 3 of my accounts out of the blue with no warning!! I dont know what to do,this should be illegal,im devastated

Henriettedandelion ,

it wasnt totally bad but i was completely disappointed and quitted when i found out i couldnt make online payments.

Roy San Francisco, CA

Customer service line is useless they dont even know how to help their customer very poor service

brian davidson Taylorsville, NC

predatory practices! Closed all of my accounts that was in excellent standing for no reason. Dropped my score over 100 points!

Marisa Landsverk Appleton, WI

Awful, bad service and website is always down

Deb Pleasant Grove, UT

Added activation fee before first bill, reported me overlimit, ruined credit rating.

Elizabeth Yucaipa, CA

Issues with fraudulent activity of removal of funds without my permission and without my knowledge.

Lifeadon Chicago, IL

I was called a racial slur and hung up on by a foreigner! And told I owe money they owe me.

Betta Bell Brentwood, CA

I can barely give a one star! The customer service is by far the worst. Rude people to deal with.

Paul doll Cincinnati, OH

This bank is awful. Wait time for customer service is way to long.

Nick Chotta Melbourne Beach, FL

Cash back on purchases and Sam's Club Plus bennefits

James F Middletown, NJ

fraudulent fees and interest charges that they charged me.

saif sadike ,