Synchrony Bank Logo

3.2

Heave Hoe Norman Park, GA

Avoid this company at all costs they take to long to process payments which can cause issues and they will close your account without notice as well as their customer service is absolutely terrible they out right refuse to work with you.

Kim Verstraete Waterbury, CT

I registered for online banking today. I needed to call customer service because after downloading the app it was telling me that it didn't recognize my account information. The agent was extremely rude and spoke to me like I was stupid. I didn't realize that I couldn't use the online app because that was for credit card, not bank accounts.

Sharlene Clayton Statesboro, GA

Can you post negative numbers?! Worst bank EVER!! Have never seen such pathetic service, customer concern, willing to work with customer to resolve issues. When I can get these accounts taken care of, I will NEVER use this company again!! Rude, don’t care about your business at all. Rn as hard as you can!!

Nelly Nel Ocoee, FL

I have multiple accounts with synchrony bank. Recently they reduced one of my available cards down by $3000 to the amount that I owe. This puts a hard hit on my credit. I’ve paid on time and haven’t had any issues until now. They didn’t even call me or write a letter in regards to this. Just horrible customer service.

Gene bovinett Sevierville, TN

5 wks to get a title delivered after a payoff is ridiculous. Now I can't even list it for sale for 5wks Very poor business Should be much faster The last one I paid off they lost the title. Will avoid this company as service is pathetic.

Justin Gilbert West Valley City, UT

Aprilmiracle.com stole $59.97 from me after Synchrony Bank decided in favor of this merchant twice! I had clear evidence that I never got the item or my money back and they still thought Aprilmiracle.com was in the right! Avoid Synchrony unless you want to approach them with a problem and never see your hard earned money handled fairly!

Jacquelynn Thompson Ashburn, VA

Why is it SO difficult to find and verify a mailing address for overnight payment for a check that was either lost in the mail or Synchrony mishandled - with these two it's a 50-50 on whose fault it is. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Can't speak to anyone live and the address given on the 800 # you can't verify via Google.

tevita Saurara Anchorage, AK

I was speaking to your customer service representative around 2.40pm and he was so rude. It was a male representative and he was so rude. If he is lazy or don’t have customer service skills then he better not in that field. So lazy, no phone adequate and so rude to the customer. I then called them second time and spoke to a girl who was so patient and kind but the gentleman that I spoke to earlier must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. I called regards the Amazon credit card account.

Justin LA

Absolutely the most corrupt garbage creditor in the United States. Even when being contacted and told about hardships causing delays in payments just a week or two past due dates they take action against customers. They report accounts as being more delinquent than they actually are and lower credit lines or close them for no reason. They actively seek to tank customers credit reports as if that is the only purpose and source joy they have in life.

Maw Fayetteville, NC

Whatever you do do not open a credit card account with this bank it will be of no use to you within 2 years they give you a high credit limit and then out of the blue for no reason they drop your limit down to the balance you owe with no warning or explanation . One day you go to use your card and it’s declined and you don’t know why you’ve never been late always paid on time but they have went into your account and trim the limit they are pathetic.

Hugo R. Sibrian Newhall, CA

Engaging with this institution is tantamount to navigating a labyrinth, with its distinct inability to uphold its pledges creating a daunting ordeal. If the sanctity of your credit score holds any significance to you, steer clear of this facade of a bank. Its alliance with Google is a cunning ruse, shrouded in deceit and carefully designed to ensnare the unsuspecting. Remain vigilant. Moreover, the complete lack of customer service further compounds the challenge, leaving you in the lurch when you need assistance the most.

9 months ago Edited May 19, 2023

J R Pittsburgh, PA

After opening an online account and depositing $10,000 into Synchrony bank, they restricted my account and demanded I send a notarized copy of an ID(DL) I already sent an unnotarized copy of my drivers license. 5 calls later no one can tell me why my ID needs to be notarized. I found no documentation anywhere that states anyone's ID needs to be notarized . I suspect it is because I am African American . I will get notarized and immediately close my account and will consider additional actions . My account was opened over a month and a half ago and it is still restricted !

Susan Muir San Francisco, CA

Synchrony bank screwed my credit over, they closed out my account with Sleep number for no reason, I have never missed a payment and my account was almost paid off. I never received any letter. They are horrible now I have to pay off any other cards with them These are very bad people I am not they only one they have done this to. They are the lowest of the lowest they will also for no reason lower your available credit also someone needs to stop them. Thank you Synchrony for ruining my credit.

Ashley Illo Washington, DC

After I paid off my account. 3 months later they decrease my credit limit and then not long after they closed my account because it drop 7 points below 650. Now my score is going to drop even more because of this crap. Had I known this would happen I would have NEVER opened an account with them. I paid off the account before the promotional 0% Apr was over. Thus bank sucks. Stay clear.

Valeria Leininger Glendale, CA

They lack proper communication. They closed my account without notifying me. I made errors when entering my payment information so the initial payment did not go through, but the subsequent ones did. They closed my account, no letter, no email, I found out through my credit report monitoring account. The only reason I got the card was for dental work and now I can't even use it.

Fadi Annaba Decatur, IL

Really bad credit card issuer. I almost never was able to talk to customer service. It's hard to find the number to contact and when you do, you get auto prompts that keeps you in a loop. If you by sheer persistence make it to be directed to a live person, the line either drops, or they transfer you to someone else where the line drops again. Twice someone finally answered, but then pretended that they can't hear me and dropped the line!

10 months ago Edited July 10, 2023

Frances Tintelnot Tucson, AZ

Every account I have that was taken over by Synchrony has had the credit limit dropped to the amount owed! No matter how long I have had an account with the creditor, nor the status. Most recently was my PayPal credit which I have had for years and pay over the minimum each month. I was livid when I saw that they dropped my credit to what was owed. Synchrony has single handedly been responsible for my credit score dropping because putting my credit at what is owed has increased my utilization even with no purchases. I really feel this is an unfair credit practice.

Suz McKimmey Alpharetta, GA

I've closed two accounts now, because Synchrony ignored properly submitted and documented Legal Name Changes for over a year on more than one account. even worse, once I got them to process the change on one particular account after multiple contacts, my name was actually spelled wrong. I couldn't believe it. Even the SSA was less trouble than this entity. Good riddance.

n smith

THIS IS PROBABLY THE WORST BANK IN AMERICA'S HISTORY THEY TOOK OVER $1200 FROM MY ACCT FOR CARD SECURITY I DISPUTED IT AND REPORTED IT THE GOVT, HEY DECIDED TO GIVE ME $700 BACK I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY REMAINING $560, IN RETALIATION THEY, I HAVE TO CHECK IN MY BANK STATEMENT THIS WEEK ARE CHARGING ME $50 A MONTH FOR A CASH ADVANCE THEY CLAIMED I TOOK OUT IN 2021, SPOKE TO A MANAGER SHE WAS EVEN CONFUSED WHY AM BEING CHARGED FOR A CASH ADVANCE THAT THEY CLAIM I TOOK OUT TWO YEARS AGO SHAME ON THESE GUYS

Terri Uglem

My Home card was randomly closed stating future likelihood of no payments. I have had this card for about 5 years, in addition to a Care Credit card for even longer. I have never been over limit nor have I missed a payment. My credit score was lowered because of this, and customer service transferred me to a "manager", and then the call was disconnected. I will look for every location to which I can submit a poor review.

Ss2644 Green Bay, WI

I would give zero stars if possible. Synchrony Bank will close accounts for no good reason. My account was at a zero balance with no late fees, yet they decided they would just close my account. I’m annoyed how this will reflect in my credit score now. They did this on another account my spouse and I had with zero late payments that we were making more than the minimum balance on. This company makes no sense and is a joke. Run far away from them!!

SkyesDad Bay City, MI

Website is buggy at times, but a call to tech support usually resolves things. Just remember to pay off your bill off BEFORE a promo period expires. Good for pet insurance. YMMV Though.

lowell chesborough Live Oak, FL

Synchrony BAnk Sucks. Chared me a large unjustified late fee and also charged interst @ 27% This is for being 2 weeks late in paying a Sam's membership fee (which is optional because I do not have to extend my membership) on a Sam's account that had never had a late payment since its inception in 1991. I will be paying Sam's in a different way in the future.

Mad customer Naples, FL

They issued the incorrect 1099 form and after 4 phone calls they still have not sent the correct 1099. This is clearly their fault but they do not seem to care. Each time we have called and each time they have said 2 weeks. That has not happened. We are seriously thinking of closing both of our accounts because of the lack of consideration one their part. VERY POOR BUSINESS PRACTICE>

Kevin Casteel Winston-Salem, NC

Had a perfect payment history for over a year and then paid off the balance. Right afterwards they reduced my available credit from $1200 to $299 for no valid reason. Customer service advised that it had to do with a credit review in which I have a perfect payment history on all of my accounts. I promptly closed my account and they were not upset or concerned at all. I will never apply for any credit line with their name attached to it in the future.

Becky Myers Charlotte, NC

I just had a letter read to me by a customer service lady, because I never got the email,she read it to me from her side. I started with a 1,200 limit at Belk and I've Never ever got my balance up that high and Always pay early and over the payment amount. Thats one card I did love at one time. I checked my monthly payment due ,as always, to find out that I went from 1,200 to 720 limit which lowered my score because it looked like I maxed out my card. Never ever mazed and paid over amount, I looked today to write my bills in my bill book and because I had an amount available they lowered my limit $20 below my available. So lowered my credit score Again. If you get it to 30 used on card they will mess you up and lower your limit. I've always made this card a priority and they are horrible at taking care of Good customers, predators are what synchrony is, can't wait to pat it off and be done with these pathetic people. Definitely they do more harm than good.

Roger Smith La Porte, TX

This is a very low class lender bank. I have 3 credit cards through them two have not been used they are less than a year old. So they closed those two. I have one through this bank now that I have and making payments on it and they sent me an email saying that it was closed. So I get in touch with them and they say that the account with this card is good. So is it closed or is it opened. Once this particular account is paid I will never ever go through this bank lender again. Their customer service support is crappy. I have read numerous very bad reviews and seen lawsuits against this bank lender. My advice is if your applying for a credit card DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND MAKE SURE ITS NOT THIS PARTICULAR LENDER.

Mark Juvert Atlanta, GA

I created Synchrony Bank Card to use with my Amazon Prime. Paid all my bills in time. After two years they requested for Social Security Information verification. I filled in the form with my last 4 digits and sent, they rejected it saying they want me to mail my full social security. After speaking with them on phone they sent another form. I filled it with my full Social Security even though i didn't want to as this is a Security Issue. However, after one week, my account was closed. Call them and they say that I failed to send my Social Security. Currently have a picture of the paper i filled and send to them via mail. Closing my account is not my issue here even though it's frustrating, the fact they will ask you to send your personal details via a mail including all your names in full plus your social security number is not right. What if the mail got stolen or your information fall in the hand of a bad actor? I think they need to address this as they put everyone's personal information at risk. upon the several cards I have, non have ever ever ask me for this. Plus the customer service i spoke to were very unprofessional. At the time of creation, you must enter your social security number to verify your information. Why wouldn't they be able to verify your account with the last four digits. They deserve 0 star. - Bad services - Security Risk - Bad customer services

Robin McConnell Oklahoma City, OK

So i found out that in Saturday for no reason my account was closed no matter that my transunion credit is good, not one single missed payment, but they closed my account THEN notified me. After it does my credit score. When i called today the woman could not give me a viable reason as to why it was closed. No matter that i bought one set of furniture, went back bought another price of furniture and recently went to look had ANOTHER set picked out to buy. When i went to get the last set quoted found out they had lowered the amount i had been approved to be able to use. Even though the last set would have been paid for in FULL on purchase day. And the lady tried to convince me that i wouldn't be paying more in interest. But shes right, they closed the account so i paid it off, AND WILL NEVER USE ANY BUISNESS THAT GOES THROUGH SYNCHRONY, AND WILL LET ALL MY FAMILY N FRIENDS KNOW TO DO THE SAME. POOR BUISNESS ETHIC I BELIEVE, ALL THEY DID WAS LOOSE A CUSTOMER, (who would have continued to purchase through them). BUT THAT'S OK IF THEY DO NOT WANT TO KEEP THEIR CLIENTS BUISNESS.

cjjai_cjjai Houston, TX

So, I found out on Friday that my account with Care Credit had been closed with no notification from Synchrony Bank via email, text, call or mail. I didn't understand why and called them on today. Synchrony Bank closed my account in June 2022 that I had with them for over three years, with no late payments ever, no payments due ever, and nothing owed to them at this time based on a credit report that was received by them from Transunion. I asked the representative why did Synchrony Bank pull a credit report on me after having been with them for over three years, the representative stated to me that Synchrony Bank automatically receives these reports every month from the credit bureaus and based on what Transunion stated they denied me credit and closed an account that had been open and in good standing with them for over three years,. Did you Synchrony Bank forget that everyone is suffering from the fallout of Covid 19 and still recovering and I am still trying to find out how they received a credit report when my account has a fraud alert on it from the breech of a certain credit reporting agency and had a freeze on it? Neither Synchrony Bank nor Transunion had permission to access my account without calling me (Transunion and asking my permission if my credit report could be accessed by any company, so one of these companies also broke the law, that is criminal. I also stated to the representative why I didn't receive notice of this decision via mail, phone, email or text from Synchrony Bank, the young lady stated one was sent out, I stated to her no, I never received any type of notification from Synchrony Bank stating my account had been closed, the representative stated to me that she would email me one today, I stated to her, no, I didn't want it, it was to late for that now, I already new. I want to say to you Synchrony Bank, what you did was criminal, dirty, underhanded and sneaky, if this is the way you treat loyal customers after over three years I want to warn and let anyone and everyone know that based on your character and treatment towards me you are not worthy to be in business, your account is closed.

Sara Coxon Richmond, VA

Trying to pay a bill with them is a nightmare. They sent me email links to pay the bill but the link was to an insecure site. I didn't want to use it. My sister was in ICU for 8 1/2 weeks and I just got back from her funeral. I had to do some searching to find the original bill. I don't know why they aren't sending me monthly statements by mail since it is impossible to open their email statements. I had paid 6 months of payments on the first payment, yet I was charged a late fee because I couldn't find a way to contact them. Ridiculous. It is by far the worse online payment experience I have ever had. I am paying this bill off as quickly as possible and will never do any financing again with them.

Amber T Tulsa, OK

Never, EVER get a card serviced by Synchrony, especially for a promotional purchase! You will NOT get a reminder that the promotional end date is approaching. It didn't line up with the date of purchase AT ALL. If you miss it, all the interest you would have gotten steadily on a regular purchase will get added all at once to your outstanding balance. It almost doubled what I owed! I would have taken care of that balance one way or another if I knew that was how they operated. I've never had that experience with any other purchase or credit card. On top of that, they closed the card, randomly and with no reason given, about 5 months before the promotion deadline. We were ALWAYS on time. Autopay set up, no missed payments. So why close the card? It counted negatively on my credit report too. This is the third card my husband and I have ever had with Synchrony, but the first time we've used a promotion. One of the other cards was closed randomly as well, no reason given. I can't stand this company and will NEVER apply for another card serviced by them. This country allows these financial institutions to get away with too much. They are rarely held accountable for the damage they do to everyday people.

Tim Blair San Antonio, TX

I have 5 credit accounts that mysteriously went over to Synchrony. Naming 3, HSN, QVC, and Lowe's. I just got an alert from Experion that one of my credit lines have been reduced. It was Lowe's. My credit line went from $2,600 to $1,018. They run periodic credit checks and adjust your credit limit according to your FICO score. Get this, my Lowe's balance was $1,042. Now my credit report will show a maxed out credit card, plus over limit. Unreal !!! They did this to all 5 accounts. I contacted all the companies and told them, by switching to Synchrony, you are losing a customer. All 5 did not care. My FICO was fine until I refinanced a vehicle, It dropped my score from 700 to 600. I have 12 years perfect credit history, but that don't account for much anymore. I have been advised to file a case with the State Attorney General's office and the FTC . Good Luck to anyone else having this same issue...

Tom Harris Owego, NY

I had a synchrony bank, PayPal 2% cash back credit card. I used it often throughout the year totaled around $130,000 in charges. I alwyas paid it off immediately, without ever having a balance or paying any interest, as the goal was to get the 2% They cancelled my card, stating "your charge pattern indicates you would not pay us back" lol. When I called they stated "using the card to get the 2% cash back is not the way one is supposed to use a credit card" lol They owed me $520 in cash back rewards and they told me that they were going to keep it and not pay the money owned to me. My credit score is 830.. never ever had a late payment, never had a balance or even an interest payment. They simply didn't like me using a 2% cash back card, and they decided to keep the money they owed me. Don't use their cash back card. They will cancel it when they owe you money and not pay you . The customer service is horrific. I got four different answers regarding my $520 cash back. 1) it would be deposited into my PayPal actin a few days. 2j it would be deposited in my bank acct in days. 3) they would be sending me a check I would receive in days. 4) they were keeping my money and never sending it to me. Lol The New York State Attorney General, believes this is a violation of the law. That's the next step. I would not want Latisha James, NYS Attorney General knocking on my door if I were them. She is a pit Bull and a bear. I, hoping it’s class action

susan smith Dandridge, TN

I have never dealt with a more underhanded, unsympathetic, money grubbing bank in all my years. I have had them screw me over three separate times and I didn’t do any thing wrong any of the 3 times except pay my bills. The first time was my Lowe’s card , used it for years always paid on time and out of the blue they cancel my card because they saw a drop in my credit rating!! Next time was my Sams card they approved me for 14 or 1500 in credit . I used it up to 1200 or so and decided I wanted to pay it off to help my credit rating and out of nowhere they put my credit down to 400 so instead of of raising my credit score it plummeted!! Now just today I receive a cancellation to my care credit card… they really care!! I used it once paid it off and kept it to use at the vet if needed. Unless you have wonderful credit and don’t really need it it doesn’t matter how faithful you are about paying them , you are like shit under their boots!! That’s what I think of them and they need to be out of business!!! There is no room in this world fir a bank with such contempt for struggling people trying to do their best! Shame on you!!!

Bonny Finberg

When I went to the checkout counter at my local Duane Reade I was told I would get $25 of credit if I applied for a Walgreens, credit card. There was no mention of a third-party i.e., Synchrony bank. I never used the card and I only purchased $14 worth of goods which I was not charged for which was less than $25 I was entitled to, but I didn’t care.. My understanding was all I had to do was apply for the card and I got the free purchases. I never used the card, not even once. Then I got bills in the mail from synchrony bank. I called them and said I was canceling my card and that I never charged anything. Now I’m receiving bills in the mail and calls from them. Added to the $14.50 which is not explained. I’m also being charged an additional $16,60 late fee. This is predatory, and Duane Reade is complicit in this scam.

Steven P McNicoll

On February 11, 2022, I ordered two 36x36 frameless bathroom mirrors from LampsPlus.com. The mirrors were delivered on February 17th. The mirrors were shipped encased in form-fitting Styrofoam in separate boxes. Opening the first box revealed a shattered mirror. The second one held an intact mirror that had several deep scratches that went unnoticed at that time. I contacted Lamps Plus immediately about the shattered mirror. I was told I would receive a replacement, that I did not need to return the mirror, and that I would receive an email from them with an address to send an image of the shattered mirror. I received that email and replied with all the information they requested. By March 14th I had not received the replacement mirror and had heard no more from Lamps Plus. I sent them a third inquiry that day. Again, no reply. I had purchased the mirrors through Synchrony Bank with my Sam’s Club Mastercard. So, because I was being ignored by Lamps Plus I contacted them to dispute the transaction. Synchrony Bank agreed with my position, initially, and credited my account with the $421.82 purchase price of the mirrors. Now it gets weird. On June 24th I received a message from Synchrony Bank stating that, based upon “new information”, they were reversing the previously issued credit. The “new information” supplied was a proof of delivery statement showing that FedEx had delivered the mirrors on February 17th. That’s not new information, that’s the date I phoned Lamps Plus to report the mirrors had been delivered in damaged condition. Non-delivery was never the issue. On June 29th I sent a letter to Synchrony Bank. I told them; “before I take further action on this matter, please verify, in writing, with a signature of an actual human with some authority at Synchrony Bank, that you agree with Lamps Plus that delivery is all that matters, that the condition upon delivery is irrelevant.” The letter was sent Certified Mail with a Return Receipt, it was signed for by Rolando G. On July 13th I received a Voicemail to Text message from Synchrony Bank stating; “Hello this is a message from Synchrony Bank for Steven N nickel [sic] regarding your Sam’s Club Master Card account. We are calling to inform you that we received your correspondence. We appreciate your patience while we review your request and we’ll update you as soon as possible. We can be reached at 866-xxx-xxxx. If you have any questions. Thank you. Goodbye.” I responded with another letter to Synchrony Bank stating: “It is important to understand that I did not make a request, I stated a requirement. Nothing short of the letter described, clearly stating your policy that receipt of damaged goods is not grounds for a refund, will suffice. Upon receipt of that letter I will pay the full amount of the purchase, $421.82. I will not pay any late fees or interest as the delay is solely your fault. “Further communications on this matter other than that letter must be via an email that is monitored.” That is where we stand. My account balance is now $589.61, the sum of the $421.82 purchase plus about six months of late fees and interest. Clearly, Synchrony Bank wants to be paid, but nobody there is willing to put their name on the letter required to obtain it.

1 year ago Edited January 18, 2023

Janet Blubaugh Naperville, IL

These dirty folks will close your account without even letting you explain yourself!! I was recovering from surgery and didn't need any crap from Zulily's. I had a card, 0$ balance... they just closed it. They are infamous for doing this crap!! Class action may be next.

Darline Richards Dalton, GA

Synchrony Bank sent a 1099C to the IRS claiming I received $11,000 from them. I didn’t know this happened until I received a letter from the IRS threatening to withhold or garnish my bank account if I didn’t pay the taxes on the amount. I called their customer service and was on hold over 2 hours while being passed from one person to another. None of the reps could find any trace of this transaction on my account, but stated they could not issue a statement to the ITS saying the 1099 was an error. I’m not sure what my next steps will be, but I will never use this sorry excuse for a bank again, and I urge everyone to consider doing the same. They caused the problem with the IRS based on their shoddy workmanship and documentation, but can’t spare 10 minutes to correct their mistake.

Symon Kimitei

This company is very deceitful. They will notify that you owe zero in your account in a given month only to change the amount later without notice on their website. Their design of customer account information is designed to deceive customers into being late so that they can charge them $35 late fees. If you are their customer, pay close attention to your account and keep a record of every payment. This bank will not inform you about due date via email as it approaches but will be very quick to let you know that you are late. Other banks will send you multiple automated emails to inform you as a customer about your approaching due date. This bank does not and it does this purposely because it is their policy to maximize profit from late fees!!

Marie Pond

The bank called me on Dec 27 to say my payment was late and I needed to pay right then over the phone. They didn't get the check I mailed don Dec 9. They had gotten all other checks prior. The were closed on Dec 26th. She said no grace period, and even if they DID get the check, it won't count as paid on time. This line of credit doesn't have an online account to view, only paper statements. So, I had to pay my bank to put a stop check. On Dec 28, they cashed that check! Then on Dec 29, they refunded the check with a check refund fee. The rep even acknowledge, well the weather may have delayed things and the due date was on Dec 26th, a holiday.

Mr. L Highland Park, IL

Synchrony Bank has inept, incompetent employees who provide the worst customer service I've ever experienced-personal or business, at any banking institution. They do not follow instructions, they do not follow up, and getting someone to call back in a timely fashion is almost impossible. Here's the abbreviated story of what should have been a simple transaction. I provided instructions to close a CD account, withdraw and send me some of the cash from the CD, then open a new CD with the remaining balance. Multiple representatives of Synchrony mishandled this simple transaction. It took many calls and over 6 hours of my time on the phone, along with 5+ weeks of waiting before I received a check that should have been sent in a week. I heard apology after apology from each new customer service rep but the incompetent employees at this institution just can't seem to get anything right. I also emailed multiple senior executives of the bank alerting them to the experience and not to my surprise, I didn't receive a single response. Let me say this. There are many good banks with excellent CD interest rates available right now for those of you who want to find a safe place to park some cash. I strongly suggest that you avoid Synchrony Bank and find a banking operation that values their customers, doesn’t repeat the same mistakes over and over, and responds in a timely fashion to requests for return calls. Synchrony does none of this and as such, they do not deserve my business or yours. Think carefully before you make the same mistake I did. I will never work with this bank again and I had been a customer for over 10 years!

Chris Lyons Beaumont, TX

Had a a Furniture account with Synchrony for over a year. Balance of $1600. Made $100-$200 Payments monthly, sometimes higher. Earlier this month I switched my personal bank and therefore my December payment did not auto pay. Synchrony bank immediately hit me on a $30 late charge, a $395 interest fee and closed my account for being outstanding. I called and confirmed that I owed Decembers payment but that I was not behind except a week or so. They explained that my account was closed in bad standing and sent to the credit agency because the auto payment didn't go through, not because I was behind. I asked why someone wouldn't call the customer or email or send a letter, his reason was that is not the way they operate. This seems like a total SCAM and FRAUD. A way for them to screw the customer right when the account is about to be paid off. That is exactly what has happened here. I have all the statements showing payment up to date.

Tracy Jacksonville, FL

I wish zero stars was an option. I stared with a credit limit of $7500 and purchased a mattress from mattress firm. I've ALWAYS paid on time as well as with all my other bills. I guess Synchrony receives/pulls credit reports every so often, they saw a over 30% usage on another card that I had and lowered my credit limit to 100 more than my outstanding bill which my credit score took a HUGE hit because it looked like this card was maxed out. Today I received an email that they closed my account, still with a balance. They can have their zero percent interest offer and I will never do business with this company or any company that does financing with Synchrony Bank. They are AWFUL!!!

Frank Hayes Creedmoor, NC

I recently came into some money and I wanted to put it on my credit cards. I will admit that I was carrying high balances on my cards and because of that Synchrony lowered my limit from $3000 to $1910 I didn’t have a high balance with them nor had I missed a single payment (PayPal credit) there is only so much to buy with PayPal. When they changed my limit, I went from carrying a moderate balance to being MAXED OUT. So after making a $1000 payment I find out my out they lowered my limit again. By $1100. I called and was told to upload proof that my balances have been lowered on to the website. I did all of that and they sent a letter saying they will stick to the decision they made. I owe a total of 800 to Synchrony with PayPal and Amazon Store card and I am going pay them off and NEVER use them again.

K Fae Grand Rapids, MI

Well they were great and convenient until I started the autopay. Payment was sent on the due day but would be charged from $29 to $41 in late fees on the day payment was due. Never mind that some months, I made 2 payments. Then all of sudden no notice, account closed within 7 days when an autopayment did not show on their end. In order to open the account, the stated to reapply...why they hell would I want to have new credit apply on my credit report and then lose more points for them closing the account. Est balance 1600. If you really need this, don't do autopay and don't make payment the day it's due. You'll be charged late fees.

Michelle06 Memphis, TN

I should have seen the red flags from having an Ashley Stewart account with them for years. My credit limit was $100 which was fine that's all I needed to stay within my budget. After about 2 years, out of the blue, my limit was raised without my asking, to $500. Okkaaayyy.. what's going on?? My credit with A/S was great, I had 2 missed payments about 1 year earlier, out of work but still struggled and made those payment. Here it is 4 years later, excellent payment history, those bums won't even waive those 2 payment, so I could clean up my scores overall. So, here I am years later, in November,2022, about the 1st week, I applied for the Sam's Credit Card. It has been totally down hill and I haven't even got the card yet!!!It took 3 weeks for them to mail the card only for it to be sent to the wrong address, Customer Svc. Rep. bad typing had my name, address incorrect whereas, it was undeliverable. I called the first time only to get someone that spoke terrible English, sounded like they were reading from a prompt. This person could hardly understand what I was saying, OK, I'm like I will call back tomorrow and get a better person....NOT!!! This one was even worse and had the nerve and audacity to try to talk over me as a customer. OK, no answers on where the card is and when do I get another one sent. 2nd go round, a well versed person in English explained she would have my card sent FedEx, would receive in about 3 day, and would have to sign for it. I advised her at that time that I could not be there, well chickey said just let them attempt delivery, and then you can go to a Hold Location, and just pick it up. All lies detected. Could not do no such thing since it required a signature. It will be sent back to them after this attempt. which is today. I just like at a tennis match, looking from east to west. The 3rd person today tells me I have to wait another 2 weeks, yes, it wont arrive until AFTER Christmas. The whole purpose was to catch some great deals for gifts. buy groceries, gas, etc. all at one place, and pay the sucker down on my next pay period. Yeah. they have a real plan for us, after reading these other reviews. THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER, WITH ANY CREDIT CARD BANK I HAVE EVER USED!!! So i get to do none of that, but when I do get that sucker trust me, its going to go where it needs to go. Before that, I got approved, went online to shop at Sam's going to pay using my debit card, fine no problem. Ready to check out, my cart loaded, my card number (new Card) pops up asking if I want to swipe the new account, mind you I haven't got the card Yet). I'm Ok with that, keep my other fund, and pay for this next month, I was surprised that it was already loaded into my Sam's account, I paid for items in the warehouse AND went and got gas..no card, scanned the QR code, good to go. Fast forward, 2 weeks later still no card, low on gas. Get in line to get totally embarrassed. Didn't have my bank card, so I used the Sam's card to fill up, mind you I'm almost out. Sit until my turn, scan the QR code with my phone, now its asking for the security code from the card!!! I don't have one yet. So my question was why was I allowed to purchase initially without the code?? This has been a complete horror story and for me it has not ended. I'm not sure when or if I will ever get my card. And when I do, it will be right there with Ashley Stewart drawing dust, I would close them both but I'm trying for a mortgage, closing accounts this close won't look good. So I'll just spend my normal $20, pay them 2 weeks in advance as another customer suggested, to avoid any flumped up charges, to keep them active until I get clear of my ultimate goal. This is the worst bank ever, wish i had read the reviews first. Customer service is the worst, they will tell you anything, never accommodating to the customer.

Delta Arch (Deltaarchitecture) Aliso Viejo, CA

Synchroy bank ia a thief It looked into every possible way to charge me. First through Patpay. It kept sending me unjustified statements, and I had to keep calling them and explain. In response they said okay we will run an investigation. But they di not!. So finally, I was fed up I cloed my paypal account and filed a complaint with the Consumer Protection Department of the Attorny General of California. It worked they stoped sending me statments. Unsuccessful through paypal, now they turned to Amazon. They created an Amazon store card for me and began sending me statements. The amount they are charging is quite insignificant, it is about $8. But imagine if they do this illegal activity for 50 milion people they will make millions of dollars. Isn't it about time that somebody in this country take Synchrony bank to court?

Lawrence J Beck Rockwood, TN

Is Synchrony Bank a partner with Pep Boys in scamming customers? In May 2022, I experienced the 3rd or 4th time issues with my OEM battery on my 2017 auto not charging/starting. I therefore, after taking my daughter to work, stopped by Pep Boys to have the charging system, etc checked. At that time they stated that the system was fine but the battery was only showing a 40% life. Since the battery was so old I went ahead and purchased a new one. A month later, I was experiencing the same issue, unable to start the auto. I once again dropped my daughter off at work, then stopped at PepBoys to once again have the system checked. All a-ok I’m told, however, there is a corroded part that prevents the system from charging/starting properly. Ok order the part and let me know when it is in for installation. Told to come in the next day, I show up and part is not in. Come back tomorrow I’m told. That happened 3 times and after the 3rd time I told Pep Boys to cancel the order, they argued but I said cancel. That was the last time I spoke to anyone at Pep Boys, about mid-July. That day in the mail I received a bill from Synchrony Bank, showing a $214 charge and a 2nd $214 charge, neither had any description. I called the bank and they opened a fraud check on the account. I also, after an argument with the bank had the account closed, they at first stated that they could not close the account, thus the argument. A couple of weeks later the bank sent an online letter stating that the charges were applied in error prior to the purchase completion. So I thought ok that’s it. Then in September 2022, I received another statement showing both charges as well as late fee charges. Once again I contacted the bank, once again the bank stated they would look into the issue. No letters from the bank, only silence. However, I am now in late November been subject to 2, 3, 5 phone calls per day for weeks from the bank demanding payment. So I wonder if Pep Boys and Synchrony Bank are partners in ripping off customers. That is especially since, in July, I checked the battery and noted that the connections on the supposed corroded part were very loose. I tighten down and have had ZERO charging/starting issues. Leads me to wonder if there was any issue even as far back as May other than loose connections.

LYDIA wallace Dickinson, TX

Do not do business with this bank. I always make my payment way before the due date and I double my payment. They will take the payment out of my bank account right away but will not apply the payment until weeks later. You will be charged a $40.00 late fee. They are the worst bank ever. Save yourself the trouble and don't get sucked into their dark web. I make a payment this month and they took the amount out twice. They are operating out of India and have no customer service. I stayed on hold for one hour. I opened an account for $1,000.00 and after I had the account almost paid off they lowered my available credit to $500.00 without notice. They are horrible. A nightmare. The Attorney General needs to know about their actions. I am going to get the word out to everyone I can.