Synchrony Bank Logo

3.2

Alex Johnson Spokane, WA

In all my years of dealing with banking and financial institutions, Synchrony Bank is above all the worst in these categories: 1. They do not have customer service. 2. They hide behind an envelope of low tier account managers, who are definitely untrained and ill-informed. 3. Absolutely last place for being credible and having any moral ethics. 4. The CEO is just one notch above slim and runs a loan shark mentality of an organization. 5. No policy is alike amongst their various departments. 6. The list of complaints is miles long and yet they still operate, destroying consumer credit along their corporate path of destruction.

Average Customer Charlottesville, VA

Synchrony Bank took my autopayments for several months without notifying me that they were scheduled 1 month behind. I thought I was paying early on the 1st of every month when payment was due at the end. For some reason, they calculated this as a late payment for the previous month and charged me a $40 late fee for each payment, all the while sending me confirmations that my payments were going through correctly. I finally realized these late fees had added up to several hundred dollars without showing up as late fees on my statements; just hidden in fine print as "credits and fees." They never sent me any email warning that my scheduled autopayments were late, just racked up late fees while I thought I was paying early. Inhumane and cruel treatment of their customers. Never again.

Betsy Lansdale, PA

I had a credit card through synchrony that I had to cancel due to poor dispute process. I canceled a purchase for 197.15 from Target and had the canceled email and was charged anyway after disputing twice. I was told that Target showed them proof of the purchase. I was never sent a letter following the dispute and was never shown the "proof" . I did indeed send them proof of the cancelation? BUT, because Target showed them proof it didn't matter. I was told while in dispute I did not have to pay the account amount for the dispute and they then charged me a late fee; which they did eventually remove. HOrrible process and I lost 197.15 dollars. Never again ..

Richard Colin Young Thermopolis, WY

This is a non compliant bank. Something should be done about this. I didn't even want this card. The cashier at DSG convinced me to apply so I could get a discount on my purchase. I agreed and was approved. 4 months later I had been charged 149$ in late fees for a154$ purchase. I never received a notice about fees or being late on payment. Even paid the account off and got a email that my credit was reduced for non payment. I had the money to purchase the item at the register. I will be contacting DSG, Synchrony, BBB, whomever. THIS IS BS AND THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN. Only got one cause I had to

K. Kono IA

Terrible service! I have excellent credit. zero debt. Since they now manage JC Penny's cc I am so disgusted. They reduced my creditline from 2000 to 500. No explanation. I used my Penny's card did a little bit of Christmas shopping last week. Spent 280.00. now my credit score went down 5 points because I am utilizing over 50% of my available credit. When calling theme for explanation I was hung up on. I called Penny's and they are unable to assist. Surly this company does not have its retail customers best interest at heart. I am insulted and upset. My score was well over 800. I wanted to shop at Penny's to help them remain relevant. I am insulted and saddened. This bank doesn't care about consumers and definitely doesn't support the best interest of JC Pennys.They will cause Penny's to fail.

dianne chester-tanis Trenton, NJ

I have had ShopHQ credit for a few years. When I sold my home , I paid off my credit cards.. In November I used my ShopHQ card to purchase a few items for my new apartment. I had no problem because I only spent $950 on my purchases. To my surprise, my credit limit of $7000 was drastically reduced to $950. I was shocked. I was informed on December 14, 2021 that a letter was sent to me informing me of this bank decision. Synchrony performed a random review of my credit and dropped my limit to $950 without any notice and right before the holidays. Now my credit is going to take a hit because of this... I will never use this card againI. How can a company reduce your account without informing the customer? I never missed a payment and always paid on time.. I have no bad credit or late payments. Their response was well: we sent you a notice in October that it would be reduced (which I didn't receive because they NEVER updated my address and sent it to the wrong address). I have had other issues too but this was the last one for me. Their service is horrible. Consumer beware of this bank.

Tiana Houston, TX

Synchrony bank is a SCAM. They took two payments out of my account and when contacted them about this, they told me me they would refund me via mail within 7-15 business days. My first thought was that this was going to be a bunch of BS because come on, it’s 2021… refund me back on the card you took it off of. Anyway, 20 something days pass and I contact them about this refund and they tell me it’s been denied because I had a payment due once they billing department checked it. A BUNCH OF BS. So it’s looking like they held off my payment until my next bill was due and then reviewed it to deny. I can’t wait to pay my stuff off and be done with them for good.

G15232 Pittsburgh, PA

The interest on my loan is very high. I have made ten payments on time. I missed one payment by one day. When I called, they informed me that my credit limit had been reduced. Customer service is dismissive and rude. There are few options to get an account back into good standing, especially if a customer may have been affected by temporary economic circumstances. I will not do business with them moving forward.

Virginia Fleet Washington, DC

If I could give it a zero I would. I was a long time user but like most my activity (using my cards) has been limited or non existent recently due to the pandemic and other things. I go to use my card only to find out they closed both of my cards through them for inactivity.... Not bad credit or late payments. Their response was well we sent you a notice in February that it would be closed if we didn't hear from you (which I didn't receive bc they NEVER updated my address and sent it to the wrong address). I have had other issues too but this was the last one for me. I closed out everything I had in relation to this "bank". Their service is horrible.

geekpryde Portland, ME

Another user posted basically word-for-word what happened to me: I received a promotional mail from this bank to open a synchrony premier mastercard, spend $1000 for the first 90 days and receive $100 bonus. However, I spent over $1000 but no rewards after the 1st billing. I contacted this bank via online chat and mentioned the bonus $100, and they replied to wait for another billing cycle. I waited till the 2nd, nothing, and they said waited for another one. Now, the 3rd, and did another online chat. When I contacted them, they said my account does not have this promotion offer. They are just lying. I would not had known this cheating bank if they had not mailed me the promotion offer. Now they refuse to give me the opening bonus. I hope I can find then original mailer, but I am not sure I still have it. They are clearly scamming people.

Shuree Olson

When vehicles require expensive repairs it is nice to have finance options; on the front end everybody gets what they want: Service providers receive full payment, customers receive a year without interest and can spread out payments rather than being out a chunk of money up front. However, Synchrony Bank Customer Service is NOT the foundation of this business model and as a whole, leaves everything outside of convenience to be desired. To do it over again, full payment to the vendor would have definitely been all the better! In this patrons opinion: "any individual considering Synchrony as an option, go elsewhere! Never has any other credit provider been so poor to utilize credit service as this one! 1) Service agents do their best and still fail to listen in comprehension - they repeat their cue cards that are irrelevant to the task at hand; ask them to repeat what was said back to you and it will become clear 2) Business Standard of operating is NOT geared for/to benefit the customer. From failure to state balances on automated system, to long wait to speak with an employee, the final straw was a call made to change the date of payment. Payment changes go into effect 30+ days (?) regardless of specific reasons that ultimately are for/to benefit the creditor! Avoid Synchrony! Synchrony is NOT worth the aggravation in any way, shape, or form!

Paul Suomela Chicago, IL

Doesn’t deserve even one star, but ZERO here is not an option! PayPal “Bill Me Later” was a great program! Take up to 6 months to pay with no interest (and NO MONTHLY PAYMENTS required). You could (if you chose) to make 1 payment in full at 5 months, 29 days and not pay a dime of interest. But if you paid a day after your 6 months was up, you’d owe the full 6 months worth of interest (reasonable)! PayPal “sold out” to Synchrony Bank and it went downhill from there. i.e. I made a $200 purchase in Nov. 2019 to pay in 6 months with no interest. SIMILAR to what it was before, but now they required a minimum monthly payment (that’s reasonable). Two weeks later, I made a second purchase for $1300 during a promotion to split the charge for 24 equal monthly payments (also reasonable). Now, I’m the type of person that NEVER pays just the minimum, in fact I usually pay off my debts well (and I mean well) before due dates. In December (the following month), I made a $200 payment to be applied to that oldest charge IN FULL, and they applied only $28 to that, and the rest to the newer $1300charge. Now this left me a balance dur of $172 to that oldest transaction (remember, this one has to be paid off in only 5 more months, the other in 2 years, BUT my intention was to pay it off IN FULL). So I called Synchrony, and the person I talked to gave me a bunch of mumbo-jumbo and said they can’t allocate the payment already made to where I wanted it to go, but if I made another payment, they will allocate the entire payment to the oldest charge, and so I sent them $172 right then, I was promised it would CLEAR off the earliest charge. A couple days later, I show a balance of $56.26 still due, the rest had been applied to that newer charge... AGAIN!! I called again, this time to pay another larger payment to not only to (for sure) clear that $56.26 left, but to bring that total amount on the account down to $1000 even. Of course, they applied that total payment to the more recent charge and that $56.26 still showed on the earliest charge!! So you see, no matter how much I paid, they insisted on keeping a balance on that $200 charge no matter how much of my total balance I paid off. This way, I would likely still owe on that first charge after the 6 months had passed, and now I’d owe 6 months of interest despite my exceeded efforts! Dishonest swindlers! So now in just over a week’s time, I made several payments to total 1/3 of my entire $1500 debt with these jerks, AND within the first 5 weeks. THEN the very next day, I get an email stating that I have a minimum payment of $84 due in 3 weeks!!! I chatted online with Reynold S. and explained what had been happening, despite the efforts I’ve made. He turned out to have a RUDE tone, and would not make any effort to correct my account. He just kept saying I have to make another payment before the due date, despite my most recent payment being posted YESTERDAY! I immediately paid off the $1000 balance and have washed my hands of this horsesh*t company. I paid off a debt I could’ve taken 2 years to pay off in less than 6 weeks and within 2 weeks because I won’t do business with a dishonest company that won’t reasonably work with me, who is not a credit risk and with a top rating. PayPal Credit/Synchrony Bank can KMA! They should not be allowed to continue to do business, they’re screwing people who try to pay off their debts. Where are the Feds?

Nelson TX

Well I have a Belk's card thru Synchrony. My initial credit line was $700, I have always paid well and kept the balance below 20% usage and many times paid the full balance before the 30 days. Synchrony bank decided that they would drop my credit line to $230 putting me at 90% usage. I called their customer service department to see what is going on their customer service is HORRIBLE! to say the least they have a could care less attitude. Their explanation for the decrease is that my credit score changed in Transunion therefore they had decided to cut my credit line by $430 without any regard for my payment history with them THEY JUST DO NOT CARE! Synchrony is the only bank that has done this with me all others have kept their credit lines in tact which speak very highly of them and very poorly of Synchrony's business ethics. I have decided to pay off and close all credit cards of mine 3 in total that are linked to Synchrony and will make sure not to apply for anything with the Synchrony name on it. I work currently for a multibillion dollar nationwide company that offers Synchrony for one of the financing options and I will make sure to spread that word about their unethical business practices and for customers to BEWARE!!! WAY TO GO SYNCHRONY!!

Derek Snyder Fort Plain, NY

Horrible incompetent bank. Did a home improvement that had a 0% interest for 18 months using Synchrony. I chatted with a Synchrony customer service rep to help ensure I set up autopay correctly - basically taking a fixed amount that would pay off the loan in 18 months (about $600/month). He ASSURED me it was setup correctly. To my surprise, they took out the entire amount of the loan for the first payment (almost $12,000). Talking to a real person is very difficult. And they are basically refusing to fix this to my satisfaction. They can "mail" me a "refund", which will take about a month. Meanwhile, I have a huge deficit in my bank account, and these games will only further screw up any autopay I want to set up. I asked if they would pay my checking account fees over that time. On hold for over 4 hours total. hung up on twice. Dropped from online chat 4 times. Was asked to confirm with my bank that the payment had been made and I couldn't otherwise cancel it. Was told to call back particular person to continue. But no direct line, and calling the customer service number, they WON'T connect be back to person. So more hold time. And they want the info FAXed! A FAX in this day and age! One star is too many. Stay away from this financial institution. They are incompetent. On hold for hours, and still not fixed. Online chat is worthless. Wish I had checked online reviews previously, but years ago, I had made a similar purchase for 0% interest that used Synchrony. All went smoothly then. I assumed it would this time around. I was so wrong! Even though they call themselves Synchrony Bank, they claimed to me that they are not a bank. They refused to just deposit the money back into my account. Poor online account access. Hard to use. Customer service is a joke, if you can actually get to them. You have been warned. Read other reviews. Stay away.

Mike Schader Anchorage, AK

Synchrony Bank. Bad service. Using them as a prime member of Amazon. A primary reason I use Amazon is expediency. Quick delivery. Although my Synchrony Bank account has been paid up, with zero balance, they repeatedly have been declining my charges via Amazon for no apparent reason. Customer service via internet is nonexistent unless you enjoy getting run around by a robot with no answers. Finally, after much automated diversion tactics by robot phone service I talked with a real person. They indicated that they have been declining my card because I ordered a package to be sent to my brother in Arizona so they froze my account. They made no effort to contact me as to their freezing my account. They apparently want you to attempt to navigate thru both their online and phone robots (robots that try to avoid your talking to a real person) to get to a real person customer service representative. Then you verify your mailing address and they say everything is now OK so you will go away. So at Amazon, they decline your purchase again and steal your rewards points. Back on the merry go round. Still no satisfaction. Various perpetual holds, and "accidental" disconnections.

Shawn Jackson New York, NY

I’m not understanding with all these bad reviews how is this bank still open. We all need to find a way to report this bank so that it closes. It’s ripping people off and affecting their credit. I had two accounts with them in which I attempted to pay. I was hospitalized due to covid and fell behind on my bills. I was out of work for months and reached out to pay them. They sent me a letter of settlement on the accounts and when I reached out to them they told me I couldn’t do it because I had consolidated my bills. Then they turn around and write the accounts off as charged off on my credit report dropping my score 50 points . This bank is sad and I say we look for ways to get it shut down with its fraudulent activity

Mary Ouellette Colorado Springs, CO

Over the past 2 1/2 years this is what I experienced. They gave me a credit limit of 3,300. I use $3,000 for a wedding. I made a $350 payment. The next month, Synchrony lowered my limit to $3,000. Which affected my credit score, by stating I was still using 90% of my limit. The next month I paid $300. Synchrony lowered my limit to $2800. Credit report again showed me using 90% of my limit. This happed again, where my limit was lowered to $2,700. I paid the card off, and got one more charge of $37. I just paid it too. I have not used the card for only 4 months. This month, Nov 2021, I check my credit and it states my score dropped Again, because the Synchrony card has been closed. This I found out AFTER wanting to use the card for incidentals at a hotel (in Vail,CO). How Imbarrassing, even though I knew my card was not maxed out. I was told, the card was reported Stollen and they needed to retrieve the card from me. (Not Sam's Clubs fault, but the reason I got the card, was because of my membership). Synchrony is hurting the businesses that use them.

Mattie Mullen Newnan, GA

Worst bank ever! Trying to start my credit line and applied to buy furniture for our new home. Without even telling me they decreased my credit limit and then a month later closed the account. It was 12 no interest on a $3,000 limit that in less than a year is down to $1,800. Always paid on time and more than the minimum payment! When I called they said they reran my credit and I no longer qualified. Wait you reran my credit WITHOUT my consent. They said in their fine print we give them the right to rerun credit. How about talking to the person about circumstances or whatever. This was done on 2 cards. One of my husbands and one of mine and we never missed a payment!

Ana Amaya Los Angeles, CA

I’ve been client of Synchrony bank for years! I’ve been using my credit card correctly and always paying on time and one day they decided to lower my limit with the excuse that my credit was not ideal (which was Very good at that moment) affecting my credit now for real by losing 40 pts. I called customer service for help and honestly I was crying because this is so unfair! It is being so hard for me to build my credit and one one day they just decided to lowered my limit and affecting me and my family that way! It’s hard already since covid and you are just making it harder, I trusted synchrony bank and they just turned their backs on me. They just told me “Their nothing we can do” Sad

John Goad Pulaski, VA

I have four accounts with synchrony. One opened.with a vender I made a large purchase with that offered 48 months at 0%. The other three were existing accounts that were taken over by synchrony. All four accounts are set up on autopay. For months this worked fine. In august of 2021 I was charged late fees on all four accounts because synchrony says they can not verify my account. Resubmitted checking account and routing number, only to get an call a few days later telling me. It still will not go through. Per my bank, synchrony never tried to access my account for any of the four payments. After at least 8 phone calls over three months, it has still not been rectified. After being contacted by consumer affairs with synchrony. I was advised a third party vendor was the problem. The third party vendor verifies the account info and then synchrony takesmpayment. Per the third party vendor, synchrony has not run my account through them since july (the last time autopay worked) When I called consumer affairs back, I was.told that they would.look into it and get back to me in about 10 days. 19 days later no word. But another call from the account people telling me my payment was denied. Ironically I was standing in my bank when the call came in. Spoke to the bank in person. NO activity from synchrony was noted on my account. They never attempted to take the payment. Called and.spent 1 hour and 48 minutes on hold waiting into talk to someone. Just hung up

Jeramy Johnson Queens, NY

After four months of having the card I finally used it. My credit limit upon approval was $2500. In September I charged 1360 . Today I got an email stating my limit was reduced to 1400. Wow, what a slap in the face. Their reasoning was that I have too many high balances, no real estate loan information and my revolving credit is too high. Only loans that were high were federal Loans and my home is paid off. So of course I have no real estate. The only credit card shows high utilization is now theirs! What a sham!!! I would Only use their card to by a pack of gum just to keep it active. I will encourage anyone not to apply or use this bank. Their actions have compounded the idiocies of the credit game. No value to their consumers. I wish I could give negative stars.

Ms. KoKo MA

April and May 2021 is when I opened to lines of credit with Synchrony. One to purchase tires for my vehicle the other to purchase a new bed. I paid the promotional balance off for the tires and make my monthly payments on both cards on time every month! It's been great until 10/26/21. I had an appointment for vehicle service at a Dealership. I checked my card yesterday and had almost $450 available of of $700 credit limit. I got my vehicle serviced, went to pay and low and be hold the card was declined for the $450. I call Synchrony because I'm afraid someone stole my card information. The representative told me that because my credit score dropped my limit was lowered!! They mailed a letter. WTF!!! Y'all could have emailed me!!! I told her I had just looked at the card last night!! I didn't have much money. But thanks to the Manager at the dealership being sympathetic, they slashed off $100 and I was able to use all the money I had left in my checking account, plus another credit card!!! I WILL NEVER EVER RECOMMEND OR USE SYNCHRONY EVER AGAIN!!!! I WILL BE PAYING THE CARDS OFF AND CLOSING BOTH ACCOUNTS!!! THIS IS BAD FOR CONSUMERS!! STAY AWAY PEOPLE!!!

Brita Anderson Superior, WI

If I could rate Synchrony zero stars I would. I have to deal with them at least once a month, the customer service is awful, if I pay off my balance monthly and continue to use my card, I get a $40.00 late fee for not making a payment on the due date, my credit score has gone down while continuously paying off balances, and after the 8th month in a row having to call to dispute issues, I was mad enough to swear at a supervisor and all 3 of my synchrony cards were closed and a late fee assessed to 2/3 of these cards when payments had been made within 10 days. Overall, they should be closed and charged with fraud.

Mhyrynde Noa Troy, NY

DO NOT TRUST THIS "BANK" -- I received an invitation to apply for the Amazon card, followed through and was subsequently denied because they could not verify identity". One would think that a credit-card issuing bank would verify identity to some degree before indiscriminately sending invitations to apply. Spoke with Teri Weathersby, Office of the President at Synchrony Bank, she has absolutely no ability to see the inconsistencies in their process--she insists they try to reduce fraud via internet applications, yet they use the internet to solicit applications...??, and she (and likely anyone at Synchrony Bank) could care less about the hit to your credit score for the inquiry. Shameful.

Ramladon Topeka, KS

As long as you don't have any issues they work fine. I had a card with them for 2 years Sam's Club credit card. I received a text stating that my there was suspicious activity on my card I confirmed it was me. Then they froze my account. I called their fraud department and it was someone in India which is the home of telephone fraud... I thought maybe it was just bad luck and it was the representative. I called again and it was still India. This time someone working from home... I can understand a company cheaping out and having some of their customer service over seas but, their fraud department?!? That is inexcusable. They wanted me to send them my drivers license and other personal information to turn my card back on. I'm not sending that to someone over seas. I am going to turn my card off and will never have business with Synchrony or anyone that associates with them again. I was spending 2 to 3k on that card per month lost a good customer just because you want to be cheap.

Jeffrey Lee ‘Aiea, HI

This bank backs the two worst credit cards I've ever had. They're miserably behind the times, the fact they have no app in this day and age is laughable and inexcusable. Payments have to be done on an actual full browser website because their mobile site is borderline unusable, and they take forever to process, leaving the card unusable for days at times. The worst part is their fraud/scam protection is a joke. Got scammed, filed a claim, refused. Re-opened back up with more evidence, refused. Re-opened with conclusive evidence, refused. Now, closed one account, and only use the other for $500 ish/month when I used to use it for $20,000 ish /month. TL:DR - I would basically prefer any credit card by any other bank besides this one, it's so painfully awful

Fooled once Eureka, CA

I ordered furniture and the company I ordered it from offered 12 months 0 % financing. I applied and it was through Synchrony Bank. I was approved and while waiting for the furniture to arrive I received a notice that they closed my account due to suspected unauthorized use. I had a zero balance. I called to inquire about the unauthorized use and spoke to two different people. Neither would tell me what exactly prompted their cancelling my account and each gave different general reasons that were different than my notice. My advice to anyone thinking about this bank....Do not trust them. They will harm your credit and it will damage you financially for years to come.

chrys bossert Montgomery, AL

So me and my grandfather got set up with the NAPA car care card to help with repairs when we needed them. We were both approved for a credit limit of $3000. Which got used to help fund a motor replacement. Afterwards we started making the payments to pay off the card. Well I got a letter stating the credit limit was decreased. On calling to file out why I come to learn that they put me as the primary card holder and then they completely removed my grandfather without permission causing the loss in credit limit. Today 10/11/2021 I call to find out why the last payment has not been added to my usable balance. I get ahold of a live person and all is well until my phone drops the call. I call back and now am getting a runaway where they can not even find my account that they just previously had not even 5 minutes before. If you have any plans on doing anything CC wise I would steer clear of this bank. They are nothing but a total mess and if I had known I would have had this many issues I would have just let me car goto the crusher.

Audrey Jane Budzynski Carbondale, CO

The first time I even heard of Synchrony Bank -- we bought a Bed from a Mattress Business in Glenwood Springs. Oh it was great until they got to the point where you could send your payment in time and they would never get it in time and would start adding more charges on to your account. Then we went to Lowes, same thing Synchrony Bank on every thing at Lowes. Then I went to Sam's Club and had no idea that they had taken over Sam's Club. Just got a call about Synchrony Bank on the phone and found out that they not only had the wrong name, the Bill I was sent was returned by the Post Office and of course there were interest fees. Good Grief is the the Bank of the Future? So my advice don't charge anything to any place unless you know what Bank they are using. This Synchrony Bank has taken over everything. I have been a Traveling Notary and my advice don't do business through them as you get the same person Who doesn't speak good English. I almost Crapped when I heard this same lady say I am calling about your missing a payment from Synchrony Bank for shopping at Sam's Club. I had no idea. Won't use that card any more, sticking to Discover Card. Same Lady gets on there and says the Bill came back to our Company. I have been here for 55 years in the same location, if it came back you had to have something wrong with the address. It was in a Name from a Previous Marriage. I hate that name . They want you to pay over the phone. They want you to send the Bill back the same day as you get it so if it takes the mail awhile they don't care they just don't care about the mail. Well I do care about the mail and when you get my payment you can see the post marked date. So stop acting like your going to keep adding more money on to the Bill..... I can't help it. I do not pay on line for anything except the Discover Card.

Taina Nelson Boynton Beach, FL

Don’t do business with them! They are the worse. They charge unnecessary fees and will close your account and/or decrease your credit limit without warning.

Taina Fevry Boynton Beach, FL

I dislike their billing and communication policies. They do not inform you of any changes. They can suddenly decrease your credit limit and close your account.

George Pittsburgh, PA

They lower your credit line whenever they want. Their customer service representatives are rude. When I am done paying this loan I will close the account, and never do business with them in the future.

Billy Mcclure San Antonio, TX

Set up automatically pay and they took all the payments out all at once call and said that they would fix it and I was to get a check in 7 to day day still waiting for the check I have call and still get the same answer m

Swtclggr1

Could not log into my account because they wanted to either call or sent text message to a phone number I no longer have. There website is a loop at best. When I called was ask to stay on the line for evaluation; I stayed on the line but they hung up on me.

bret weston Anderson, IN

wouldn't even give them 1 star worst bank ever had issues with this bank years ago paid off account and closed it asap. I just opened a harbor freight credit card threw this idiots had it for 8 months a $0 balance havent used it and got an email saying they were closing it for what reason they didn't have one. worst bank ever don't use them

RLuff Tucson, AZ

Credit line started at $800. Made all payments on time to them and all creditors. Made a payment for $200 and then they reduce the credit line to $510. Balance is now $226. Made a payment for $70. They reduced credit line to $250. Customer service is useless. The card is not worth the space in my wallet.

Dave Mamola Fort Worth, TX

They closed my account after paying it off. Got behind on a pament,payment, told my account would stay open after large payment,then it was closed 4 days later. Will not use "Discount Tire",nor Synchrony Bank because of this.

Yvette 1 Arlington, TX

They report to your bureaus before the statement comes out. So, if you plan on paying the full balance before the statement, whatever you charged will still be reported to the bureaus. I don't like that and will not use thieir credit card unless it's an emergency.

David Seger Queens, NY

Wouldn’t give them a 1 stair. Don’t ever use them. Twice now unfortunately I got financed through them. Both times half way through the loan they lower your credit limit under what you still owe and put you over limit and it hurts your credit score. Avoid at all costs. I will be calling the better business bureau.

J.E Frederick, MD

Stay Away from all Sychrony Bank Cards. They are crooks. I have 2 CC's from Furniture Stores. They will take additional funds from your account for no reason. They never have an exact answer to your question. They charge you to talk to a live person. If you have to shop at any of their stores, use cash. They even hold checks to the very last second making your usual monthly payment late. Don't close your accounts. This will cause a credit drop. Just leave it at zero balance and leave your future headache's behind. A loan shark would be an easier choice.

GARY CUNDIFF Spring City, TN

The absolute WORST company I’ve ever dealt with, enough to nearly give my wife a nervous breakdown. Our primary issue is the denial of charges on our credit card from major fortune 100 companies on the premise they are fraud. All with no recourse to unblock the charges. Trying to communicate with the foreign CS people they hire is like translating a foreign language by phone and no supervisor to speak with. It’s take it or leave it and we are leaving it. Don’t make the same mistake.

olga s MN

Looks like the Synchrony Bank holds payments sent by mail, processing them on the next day after due date, than charges the fee and very high interest charge. I send payments by mail 10 - 14 days prior to the due date along with other payments, all other payments processed 3 - 4 days later, the Synchrony bank holds the payment to be able to charge the fee. Really bad proctice, I think, it should be investigated.

beth weston Hampton, FL

I have auto pay and have paid two years with no charges being made to my jcpenny account and it says I have late payment and my balance has maxed out what started as 300. In charges to the card is now 1083. Have called and inquired why and the lady in Idia where the customer care center is says as she reads the computer screen im sorry I can't help you with that because we can only see what you owe not your charging activity but we appreciate your auto pay enrollment and great payment history..SYNCHRONY BANK IS CROOKS AND ARE FRAUDING PEOPLE!

Deborah Freitas Shelter Island Heights, NY

IF NO STARS WAS AN OPTION…. I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED WITH SYNCHRONY BANK. IT AUTOMATICALLY CLOSES PEOPLES CARDS KNOWING IT AFFECTS PEOPLES CREDIT, ITS DISGUSTING. I HAVE NOT MISSED ONE PAYMENT. THE SAME SHIT HAPPENED TO ME IN 2021, WHERE MY CARD RANDOMLY GOT CLOSED. A WEEK AFTER IT WAS CLOSED, I REAPPLIED AND GOT APPROVED, FOR A YEAR LATER IT TO HAPPEN AGAIN! I USE THIS CARD TO GROW MY CREDIT. I NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH SUCH A STUPID CREDIT CARD COMPANY IN MY LIFE.

Nikki Brewer McDonough, GA

I had the Care Credit card. I had not used it and the balance was 0. Out of nowhere one day I received a significant drop in my credit score because Synchrony bank dropped my credit usage from about 1300 to around $500. I can't remember the exact about but it made my credit score go down 15 points. I didn't receive anything in the mail, and as I stated before my balance was 0 and I always paid them on time. Then about 4 months later I receive a letter saying they have closed my account with no notice, which again made my credit score drop. I will Never use them again.

DOYLE NICHOLS San Antonio, TX

This company and Amazon prime are worst customer service of anyone on this earth. When you call they put you off to another individual, maybe in India, Vietnam, some other 3rd world crap hole you can't understand thier jibberish. On the phone 1 hour 15 minutes, shifted to 5 different people, between Amazon, Chase, and Synchrony, over 14.06 bill I had cancelled in November. Just sorriest bunch in the world. Sorry, I do not want my information shared with the world, and if you can't give me US citizens to speak with, you go to hell...

Roy Endres Estero, FL

Was at Bonefish Grille with family(my family is large. Bill was $475. Waiter came back with announcement that transaction was denied. I then used my Citi card, no problem. When I got home I called them, to find out what happened???) The Customer Rep hung up on me! The end of the call survey got an earful. Sam’S Club needs to find another partner (; they are not doing there reputation any favors.

michelle collier Windermere, FL

We had a rooms to go credit card it had a $1000 limit , we bought furniture for $800. The very first month they dropped our limit to $800. I paid half the balance the next month , so should have roughly $400 debt and $400 credit , of course , minus interest etc . The next month I go to pay and the account is closed , no letter , no explanation , no answers. Nope never again, furniture fell apart within 6 months , no recourse and then this … I’ll not shop here again , even with cash , poor customer service , poor business practices…

Andy Murray New York, NY

Dishonest customer service. I asked if they hadn't any instrument with higher yield than the .25% on their 6 month CD. They said nothing higher for that period. I later discovered that their savings account offered doubled that rate with no penalty for withdrawal. When I inquired about this, they informed me that the customer has to do their own research. I was forced to take significant penalty when I cashed the CD.

Cezar Ayran Boynton Beach, FL

The worst bank. Statements are made to make you make a mistake and pay interest. They only include minimum, current balance and all your purchases with numbers that make no sense. I have to ask them every month how much I have to pay to avoid interest and I have to ask multiple times until I get an amount that more than one agent know because guess what? Not even they know how much and keep giving me different information. Hate this bank.