Synchrony Bank Logo

3.2

Elizabeth Larsen

Set up auto pay with them. Wasnt notified that it didnt go. got a late notice and statement after the 30 day late.. I was out of the country. Called them right away as I had never been late on my credit and they confirmed it wasnt reported. When i paid to be up to date, 2 days later i got notification that it was marked late and sent to the creditors. Although it was their system that didnt function for auto pay and I had never been late before and their recorded rep had told me it wasnt

Mike San Jose, CA

Synchrony closed my Lowes account because an ACH payment failed. I do not know reason for the failure. I paid in full from another bank account. However, Synchrony is falsely reporting the account as "settled" rather than "closed" which says I did not pay the pay the full amount. They are the worst bank I've ever dealt with and I will never get another account with them. I think poorly of Lowes for choosing to do business with this dishonest company.

Kayla

Due to past mistakes and the pandemic, being a single mom, losing my job, and getting behind is my fault, but to let someone open a secured credit card from amazon and then they close it without warning because of that past is seriously messed up. Next time don't let the person open it. I was in good standing and paid my bill on time. I wouldn't recommend them for anything.

Helen Alamillo Santa Clarita, CA

Synchrony Bank ran my credit without notifying me and reduced half of the approved credit claiming that they were doing it on a regular basis and that it was in the regularity part. I spent all night looking for it and never found where it was written. In addition to that, they added more interest than allowed. I hope JC Penney reacts because they could lose a lot of customers to imposter banks like Synchrony Bank.

Steven Rougon Lafayette, LA

I've been trying to pay on my Amazon card for two months. I've been trying to use their app. I've been trying to use their computer website. Neither work. Then they charge me for being late. I can't be on time if you won't let me pay on time. They have this note that pops up saying sorry were having issues please try back later. We'll hell, I've been trying for two months. Then they lowered my credit limit by 70%. WTF

Ben Tanzil Mission Viejo, CA

Just opened HYS account and attempted to transfer $10K into the account from external bank. Received an email stating the account is suspended and need to call customer service. Put on hold for 30+ minutes only to be told there's technical glitch with transfer system on its system and no ETA. I can't trust this bank with my money if they can't even get their things together. Closed my newly opened account and move to another bank with better customer service and wants my money.

Thomas Linton Chagrin Falls, OH

Month after month, Synchrony's computer will not recognize the correct log-in data, either at the hyperlinked log-page or any other site they say is "correct." Try to pay by telephone, and you may wait for hours and never get picked up. heir attitude is that you are privileged to be their customer. i pay the entire billed amount monthly and have now paid the entire balance. i will never use their card again. Arrogance and incompetence is not an attractive mix.

7 months ago Edited October 13, 2023

Rebecca Lawson Gate City, VA

Synchrony Bank is a vulture capitol bank. They buy out credit card accounts like Lowes, HSN, QVC, Sams Club, and many others and begin closing accounts that have been in good standing for years. And they give no warning of the take over so account holders can flee before the takeover and adverse action. Stay away from this company at all cost. If you have an account with them, it's only a matter of time before they hatchet your account.

King Baby (Tha King) Ormond Beach, FL

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT USE THIS BANK!!! ⚠️⚠️⚠️ IF you are struggling with credit do not look here. Though it may sound good, this BANK destroys your credit and with NO WARNING. I lost over 100 pts in one day with this bank and NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT. They run your credit every 3 months and in return DROPS your credit limit to make it look like a new account. This is HORRIBLE and a scam! Why would someone drop Your score when you NEVER BEEN LATE OR MISSED A PAYMENT..if i could give them a negative 0 i WOULD! STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK!

Jamie Vaillencourt Portland, OR

I agree with ALL of these negative reviews. This company is horrible and their customer service is even worse! Just like everyone on here, they'll give you an offer for a card and then take away or close your accounts without warning or notice. Stay far away from this company if you're trying to build your credit! I wish I would've read about them before applying. Glad I am almost done with them. I would give them -0 stars if possible.

MichaelD Santa Rosa, CA

I opened a new Lowes card last year after I moved and was given a credit limit of $5k. By the time I received my card, my credit line was decreased to $4k. I used my card 3 days ago to charge $65. Today I received an electronic letter that my credit line has been reduced to $100. I paid off my $65 balance and told them what they could do with their card.

Lindy Johnson Apopka, FL

They will be out of business after I call every news channel in Jacksonville today I make all my payments on time and then more .. For RTG rubbish They just added over $1,000 to my balance I can't get into my account .. I'm a widow with heart problems I am literally going to take them to the Bank and everyone is going to know how crooked Synchrony is !!!!!!!!!

Justin Mednick Hopkins, MN

I was forced to use Synchrony Bank after purchasing a washer/dryer from Warner Stellian and wanted to finance. Although it was MY error that I set up my auto payment for 24 months vs 18 months, I received no email notification or anything letting me know my promotional balance period was ending and had to pay over $1000 in interest. This bank does not care about you and only wants more of your money. BE CAREFUL if you have a payment plan through them.

Huxley Murfreesboro, TN

We got new gutters and they offered synchrony to finance. We set it up over the phone. We put it on auto pay and months later find out we are being charged some outrageous security charge each month dor protection that we NEVER asked for and we were never told about. When we called to ask what it was, the rep even said yeah you probably weren't told about it. We have been trying to call and dispute it but getting someone on the phone who can fix it is providing difficult. Absolute scam. Ive also found that Synchrony has had a few class action lawsuits. I can see why.

Kim Bradford Grand Prairie, TX

I have had several cards for synchrony bank. I enrolled ALL my cards in auto pay so the payments would be paid on the due date. Their Auto pay apparently was not working right with not one but all of my cards! I would immediately call in and make a debit card payment and the payment would go thru. I called so many times telling them it’s making look like a bad liability because my payments aren’t going thru auto pay correctly , I asked them to please make sure it’s noted. Nope, don’t believe customer service, they do not help you and they don’t care. 2 cards had 4000.00 limits they dropped them down to 200.00! The cards are garbage now. I called to dispute it but they wouldn’t raise my limits back up. Said lack of Real Estate, my house is paid off! Stay FAR AWAY from ANY synchronicity credit because they will screw your credit up that you have worked very hard on. I’m done with them. Never again. I also want to note that my husband is having the same exact problem with Autopay.

Hollie Adams Brentwood, TN

Synchrony Bank is a scam. Stay away. Avoid at all costs. Purchased a treadmill through a promotional offer with Synchrony Bank. That was the only purchase I made on the card, and I cut up the card and threw it out. All was good until final payment. Upon final payment, I found three fraudulent charges. Spent over an hour on hold and talking to three different people to report the fraudulent charges. Was assured I owed nothing. Requested the account be closed. Weeks later, I received a replacement card and a statement showing the charges I didn't make and a $30 late fee on top of that. I've been holding and talking with representations for now over 1 hour and 2 minutes. They advised I have to dispute the charges again. This is insanity and a total waste of my time. Worst decision ever.

Bruce Hilpert

I have had a VERY unpleasant experience with Synchrony bank in trying to get the proceeds of a maturing CD deposited into my bank account on record. When I called to give instructions, they attempted to text me a link to verify my account, despite the fact that I had provided all verification answers including my account number, SSN, secret question and the account number of my bank account to receive the funds. Repeated texts did not go through to my phone. After numerous instances of misinformation from CS reps, I finally got them to send me an email and was then told by their computer system that my account was locked. They claimed twice that they sent a letter with a verification passcode that was verifiably false. With the clock ticking on an automatic rollover of the CD, I believe I finally got them to mail me the verification letter yesterday and I may get my $73K out of their bank. To make matters worse, when I tried to go online to deal with this at the beginning of the process, it wouldn't let me login due to an outdated phone number in their files. When entering the new cell number for texted verification, as instructed, it would not accept the number and send a verification. When I updated the number by phone, they told me it would take 30+ days for the website to be updated. In addition, customer service reps gave me innaccurate repeatedly and two CS supervisors either refused to respond or lied to me about sending mailed passcode verification. I have two more CDs with this bank and when they mature I will NEVER bank with Synchrony again.

yosemite4 California City, CA

My first experience with Synchrony was when a TJ Maxx employee fraudulently opened a credit card account in my name. Then, with JC Penney. I opened my JC Penney account forty years ago. In May 2003, I bought a duvet through JC Penney, though Amazon had better options. Then I received a delinquent notice for non-payment of a $75 JC Penney invoice from Synchrony bank. Apparently signed up for digital only notifications. Never received a digital invoice. That's that. Here's the thing. My investment company, Vanguard, has Synchrony on their "trusted" list of banks providing 5.10% + CDs. Do you think that I would trust Synchrony with a $250k CD, when they can't even handle a $75 duvet cover purchase. Hell no.

melissa thigpen

If I could give them zero stars I would absolutely do it!!! Please don't waist your time!! They don't care for there customers!! I got off work on the 4th of May at 3pm by time I made it home and was settled in to pay some bills Synchrony was the first one to make a payment.. I login the app "That I was told to use to make payments". It was at the time after 5pm. The app indicated I had to wait for business hours to make a payment. So I waited till the 5th the next morning to make a payment. It went through and I went along with my day and time off. Today May 9th I went to check my bank account and it showed I had 2 transactions from Synchrony. I called and was told they would refund me the amount but it would be a check in the mail. It could take 2 weeks for the to receive the check. I'm absolutely pissed and stated your company didn't take 2 weeks to take the moneyout of my account!! SO PUT IT BACK!!! Apologies!! Apologies!! Apologies!! All I don't care to hear!! Some people live pay check to pay check and can't afford to wait 2 weeks!! I hope and pray yall screw the right motherfucker with good money and yall lose everything!!! ABSOLUTELY SICKENINGLY!

Teshika Holmes Meridianville, AL

I wish I had read the fine print prior to getting this card. Synchrony bank along with a few others are not worth the money one pays them monthly. First, they decreased my credit limit and sent a letter stating that months after. I contacted them and asked and the customer service staff was rude in explaining that I had not been making payments on time. That was a lie. So come in 2023 they closed my account. Now I am paying them off in a few months and will say good riddance! When applying for credit, read the fine print and make sure one stays clear of this bank. They are terrible! Please read the fine print. I am waiting for a class action lawsuit against these clowns!

Matthias Zehner

To put it politely, the Mafia uses less aggressive tactics to fleece money from people. The credit card consistently "creates" new charges on a monthly basis that I have to spend hours fighting to remove. I've been successful in removing the charges, but why does Synchrony continually create "deferred interest" or "net interest" charges? The answer is simple: most people don't view their statement, so the charges stick. Furthermore, the website is primitive and difficult to navigate; for example, I can't view any statements online because "I didn't sign up for e-statements" . . . huh? I can't end the autopay option on my account . . . why - no answer from customer service! The list goes on and on . . . DO NOT ENGAGE WITH THESE PEOPLE!

Patt Queen Nampa, ID

If we could give a zero/no-star rating, we would. At the very least, when you speak to a human, they are nice people & sincerely seem to want to help, not that anything ever gets resolved. Outside of that, not so much. We have many credit cards that converted over to Synchrony some time ago. Online access to those accounts has been nothing less than a nightmare, each & every month. We have to struggle to login, use the USELESS live chat, call-in for support &/or change our password nearly every time we attempt access each month on every account. A complete cluster! The latest? On two of our open & active accounts (same creditor), Synchrony has replaced all e-statements with disclosures & can’t seem to explain why or where the statements are now located. So now we have no way of viewing or downloading the actual e-statements (which, by the way, were all present & accounted for last month!). Synchrony Bank is completely irresponsible & should be taken down by a firing squad!

Capital District Property Services LLC Schenectady, NY

I had a really good relationship with synchrony bank. I have three different credit cards with high credit limits had them for years never been late we went and bought two new trucks for our business and of course, with interest rates as high as they are these days I shopped with multiple banks to get the best rate on both trucks after doing that on every single credit card synchrony Didn’t even send me an email I went to use my cards and they all got declined called synchrony and they lowered my credit limit one card 7800 to 280 second card $9000 to 230 and third card $10,000 to 3250 which Only reason they lowered it to that was because I had a that as a balance for a 0% for 12 months offer. When I called to ask what happened they told me due to my credit report, not having a real estate account which my house is paid for and multiple inquiries. They classify me as a high risk even though I’ve been with them for years none of my payments are late and my credit score is in the upper 700s One of the worst banks I’ve ever had will never do business with them again.

Mitch Saint Paul, MN

Lack of communication his correct. I was informed to use my debit card online to pay my bill, only to receive a noticed days later the payment did not go through. Thinking it was an error on my side all payments were made again only to have the same outcome. After speaking to a customer rep for the 3rd time was I only able to get the information that you can only use a debit card via phone, not online. Online you have to enter the actual checking account. Closed all accounts even though all accounts are paid in full or up to date due to the multiple payments not going through. All because their communication was inaccurate. No I am not even able to go online to pay other than a guest as they closed the accounts which closes the online registration. Have to make payments as a guest. Synchrony is fortunate they partner with these companies as stand alone they are terrible.

Prem Vijayan Little Elm, TX

If possible, I would give a -1000 Rating. They are a scam. I took a loan for care credit for a dental procedure( the doctor made me sign up for it saying it's interest-free) for $6200; after paying it for almost three years and the principal amount coming down to 3800 this January, Synchrony added another $2900 saying that that was promotional APR. They charged another 29% APR from the day I signed up for the loan, saying it was deferred interest. It's such a scam, folks. Terrible customer service. Never again will I approach Synchrony BANK for my financial needs. I paid off around 6K today; I hope they won't come up with another story again to scam me.

Big Daddy Bang Bang

Synchrony Bank has the worst customer service by FAR!!! If I could give a negative 500 star review...trust me, I would. I indirectly became a victim of their terrible customer service 2 years ago when I was making a large purchase for camera equipment through B&H in New York City. On the website they had an offer for a Payboo Credit card by Synchrony Bank. If you applied for the card and got it, you could make a B & H purchase with the card and you didn't have to pay any sales tax. It would have saved me several hundred dollars. I applied for the card several times and was denied, even though I have a credit score above 800. I couldn't get anyone on the phone and there was no online customer service support. The only way to contact them was to type letters, send them through the mail, and wait 10-14 days for a response like it was pre-WW II. The written responses were vague and didn't help with any of the issues I was having. After several weeks of back and forth I never got the card and ended up paying several hundred dollars in additional sales tax. You know the bank is awful when your only recourse is to send letters through the mail. My last letter was blistering...a profanity laced tirade where I hit them with 12 barrels of verbal 00 buckshot. Don't EVER do business with Synchrony!!!!!!!!

Mary Perkins St Louis, MO

Synchrony Bank has terrible customer service in my opinion! I have their Sams Club Credit Card, which had fraudulent charges on it. I use this card for EVERYTHING! When I first talked to the fraudulent department, I was told they were canceling my account, would rush me a new card since I use it so much. I should receive it on Saturday, April 8. This is Monday, April 10 and I have no card. When I called back to the fraud dept., I was told no rush was put on it and I can expect is in 7-10 days from today, which is when it was sent out. I have had this card for two years, always paid in full, never late. I am canceling this card and starting over with a new company. So frustrating!!

fallguypat Rochester, NY

I was a loyal customer of Lowes and held their "Advantage Card" which was backed by Synchrony. I spent thousands of dollars and always kept a good standing with them. I had a $0 balance on an $8000 limit and purchased a new dishwasher for just shy of $750. Out of nowhere, they lowered my credit from $8000 to $750 (what a coincidence) causing a credit card utilization of 95%. Thanks to this outrageous incident, my credit score dropped by 15 points. I paid the card off and refuse to shop with Lowes until they change their card service. I suggest anyone interested in one of their card offerings beware of this extremely shady business practice. Thankfully I was in a position to take care of this issue right away, but there are a lot of people out there that are not in my same situation. So, with that, I will say bye Felicia to both Synchrony and Lowes until they change providers.

Chris Joy Martinez, CA

The last 14 years of my legal career were spent working for 3 of the largest lenders in the U.S. I applied for 12 month, interest free, financing, (free money is good money) for installation of a new home theater system, After submitting the credit application I was required to use Synchrony's lame website based "verification" system. Worst system ever. Spend 5 hours over two days on the phone with the verification department trying to use the system. Involved two levels of management, none of whom could get its system to work. Ended up sending photo I.D. and bill with name and address by overnight mail instead. Just received card in mail today. Called activation number, was automatically transferred to a live person and was advised that the insurance bill I submitted was rejected. They wanted a utility bill. The people I spent 5 hours on the phone never mentioned it had to be a utility bill. I have not decided what action I will take at this point but beware, you are dealing with the stupidest group of people I have ever encountered in banking and I have encountered quite a few. The inmates are running the asylum at this bank.

Cam109090

If you haven't read it a thousand times yet....they are predatory in the way they conduct their business. I do not aim for minimum payments but sometimes while juggling it becomes necessary. Don't pay minimums with synchrony. On my account the minimum never covers the "card security" and interest fee resulting in every minimum payment actually raising your balance. In the future I will ensure that I have no credit accounts associated with synchrony. They will never get my money again and I'll do everything I can to prevent those I know from making the same mistakes. Also block their numbers unless you want over 35 calls a day (that was an average within 3 days of a late payment).

Orion Blade Gila Bend, AZ

I had a previous account with Synchrony Bank. I paid this account in full within six months. It was a total of $7000 and it was paid off early without penalty per the contractual agreement. A year and a half later, I decided I wanted to purchase a musical instrument and my only option to finance was through synchrony bank. They approved me not for the entire purchase price, as I requested the full credit to purchase the instrument, but they were $37 short of the actual total. This was something not mentioned until I attempted to make the purchase some time later when the instrument came in stock. When it came time to pay for the musical instrument, I was denied because there was not enough money to cover the purchase amount on the credit account that I got from synchrony bank for this purchase. I then had to ask for a credit increase of $37 making the total credit $5337. They denied the increase. (important note: the $37 was not the issue, the issue was the credit extended was supposed to cover the entire purchase price) The reason they gave in their letter for the denial was debt to income ratio. However, when I received the copies of my three credit reports for free, I knew something wasn't right. I contacted the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau who handles these types of issues and according to my assigned case worker at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, my debt to income ratio was not an issue according to the standard numbers she ran. My income was more than sufficient and closer to exceeding than not meeting the criteria from what the case worker told me. My lowest credit score was 747 on the three reports as this was clearly not an issue either. I filed charges with them against Synchrony Bank for discriminatory credit practice . I am writing this to you today, because I was just informed that my case has also now been put onto an existing class-action lawsuit against synchrony bank. My point is; if you are in the right, speak up and follow through. In this case, there is a reason why a class action lawsuit was in place and even if one didn't exist, your situation may be one of the catalyst to begin one against companies taking advantage of people like us.

theresa oliver

Worst financial company ever! RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS company. Their system dropped my checking account information after I sent them payment and then they said that I was NSF! Then, they charged me NSF fees. I called and used a different payment method and received confirmation that they posted the second payment. Then, for no discernible reason, they sent that payment back. And they charged me additional fees for that payment! I then spoke to a supervisor who admitted that their system drops payments often. There is a communication error in their system and when payments don’t post as expected, fees accrue, even though it’s their IT department’s fault! The supervisor then took a third payment for the March statement and assured me that there would be no additional fees or issues. That payment did go through but a week later, I received an alert from my credit monitoring company that there was a negative report on my credit score. It was Synchrony. They closed my account due to the NSF that was their fault! And it dropped my credit score by 34 points! Additionally, upon reviewing my closed Synchrony account, I discovered that I was charged an additional fee for the supervisor processing my payment in person! In trying to get this fixed, I have spent hours and days on the phone with them. The standard customer service response is to blame the customer. THEY KNOW they have a FAULTY ACCOUNTING SYSTEM AND THEY BLAME THE CUSTOMER AND PENALIZE THE CUSTOMER ANYWAY. When confronted with the facts, they simply stonewall and continue blaming the customer. That is their PRACTICE and POLICY. Thousands of people have complained about their practices. There are even class action lawsuits against them now. RUN. RUN FAR AWAY FROM SYNCHRONY BANK!

11 months ago Edited March 28, 2023

Rosanna C

I would give a negative review if available. After calls to fix the automatic payment on my account a few months ago, synchrony bank still can not get it right. When I called in this time, the rep Diana wants to argue what my conversation was a few months ago that I had with a male representative. When I told her she wasn't there in the conversation and that I want to pay and close my QVC account ...she continued on that i didnt have the conversation and she hung up on me. Having to call back through the automated system where you have to say customer service 6 different times to get through...a rep answers the phone but doesn't greet or say anything, I feel that it was Diana that answered as they can see the phone number. There is no person on the line but the phone call was live as the seconds were ticking on my phone screen. Very childish! This, of course, then causes another phone call through the automated system. Then rep: John fixes it all..funny thing is they had the right account number on file the whole time but the automaticpayment didnt go through Hummm ... I made a complaint to Vella who said that she was an account manager and I believe that she didn't care one way or another that a customer of 10 plus years closed their account. She had really nothing to offer and I believe the complaint went on deaf ears. So just saying, their customer service sucks!! Oh, and I did tell John that I hope Diana gets the poops on the way home and hits each red light...darn I forgot to tell that to the account manager but I'm sure they will hear it in the recording. Beware, if Diana answers the phone...she is there for the paycheck and not to help people..you will get hung up on! They don't care about the people.

Tom Dees Brunswick, GA

There is absolutely NOTHING to like regarding synchrony credit card services...The worst customer service, pathetic website, you can't even access statements. I closed our Ashley Furniture Advantage card but could never get it removed from the account website which shares Lowe's, Belk, and Amazon store card...which, by the way is idiotic...I compare them with Chase, who has the best website I have ever encountered! I simply wanted to remove the the card from the account site...no big deal...right? Yeah...the story is to long to describe... just ridiculous. So depending where you shop, for me, Lowe's, Belks, Amazon store card and "If'n" you have PayPal credit, it's synchrony...They offer many more retail store cards. Do-Not-Use ANY store card that offer credit through synch'y deadheads credit! They will hound you with "promotional" deals like alleged no "interest"...it's bs, do not by into it...walk the **** away...do not give them your business...they suck! Only thing I would give them...my finger and my cats litter box ☢️❗

Yolanda Silva Bensalem, PA

Worst customer service you can ever find at a financial institution. You will never encounter any problem to deposit into you Synchrony Bank account, but good luck trying to get any transfer out of your account because they will make you go through hoops. A supervisor just hung up on me saying I can't do a wire transfer from my Synchrony bank into an external bank account, both under my name, because their system is not validating my phone number, so even though I need the transfer today, she said I need to wait for a letter that I can expect in 5-7 business days in my snail mail, and call back. Then she hung up.

michael Giertych

I have never had a good experience with Synchrony Bank. Staring with Wal-Mart statements. Just an amount to pay without any kind of list of what was bought. Just take their word for it, this is what you owe. They have been trying to collect a Lowe's payment from me for that was paid for a year now. I sent them proof of payment from my bank and they still will not stop. My credit score has dropped a hundred points and my borrowing power has dropped 60%. They closed my personal and business account for Lowe's. This is insane! They say they can see where the discrepancy is and STILL won't fix it. Now I have to take it to litigation.

Mark Chenoweth Kissimmee, FL

I have bought tires from Discount Tire and also several major items from Lowes dealing with Synchrony Bank as a credit card; the 5% incentive was OK, but honestly... when I went to JC Penney recently, they had discounts using ONLY Synchrony's Master Card, and I easily qualified, but then... while I made the payment in full, I NEVER RECEIVED THEIR CARD! You NEED the card info to send a payment on-line, but also even at the JC PENNEY STORE! Their people at JCP are less than helpful anyway, even buying things, but making a payment was not possible there! So, I mailed a check for the small amount I owed, but it failed to be delivered by the date it was due (mailed it going to their Orlando office a week in advance!). Several weeks later the dated check was received, so whether the PO or JCP screwed up, who knows! The late ordeal cost me hours of phone and transit time, and in the end also a $2 late fee! I HAVE EXCELLENT CREDIT, but also it was not late! Now, hopefully they will send my refund as they finally said they got my check (I never pay by check for credit) and I closed the JC Penney account! Watch these guys... JCP I suspect is the real problem, but the offices for Synchrony are in Orlando, and I am currently just 13 miles from the PO There! If you MUST shop at a JCP store, use your most faithful bank credit card... forget the lousy 5% as it likely will cost you more in time and extra effort than it's worth!

Susan Ballard Newport, MI

I only gave one star because there's no way you can leave a minus if there were I'd give it a minus 10 for their customer service nothing but a nightmare trying to make payments with this company. Ours was for a piece of lawn equipment Finance through Lowe's with the Synchrony Bank don't do it just don't do it not worth the aggravation every single time trying to make a payment turned into a 3-hour ordeal avoid this company at all costs no offense but you will always get a call center from the Philippines with people who do not know how to press buttons to make the correct entries on a computer. Customer number always wrong payment amount always wrong they will take out two payments they will charge you a finance charge on a payment. Nothing but bad news

Victor Gill Milford, OH

This Bank has good rates most of the time. However this all negated by their inabilit to communicate with customers efficiently and accurately! They have secure email, BUT they will not address ANY request you make via this SECURE email. They are not a brick and mortar bank where I can go down and talk to rep and when I try and call them on 1-800 line as they want you to, I find that I have to wait minimum of 15 minutes or so to even get someone to talk to you!! I cannot be on the phone this long to make minor requests that SHOULD BE EASILY HANDLED via "Secure" email!! Tried them twice and this was the case in both instanced, even BEFORE the Pandemic!! Will not utilize their services again!

Beverly Chavous Evans, GA

I was a loyal customer of synchrony for years with several credit cards until I made one honest mistake of deciding to start online paying of my Lowe's card. I had my card years never abused my spending and always made payments on time no matter what. If i made a purchase I would pay it off on time or even before the month was out sometime! I decided to start making my payments online doing so I accidentally left out a single digit in my checking account number and didn't realize it and then made a payment and it caused a non-sufficient payment on my account. When I was notified by mail I called Synchrony and went over my account to find out why after years why did they decide to close my account. I spoke it over with the representative and they explained to me that was the reason.. I found it to be very hurtful because I pay my bills as I should and on time. I'm writing this review so that synchrony bank can see that the issue with my account was an honest mistake and not on purpose and for other people to know please be careful when setting up information online to double check before submitting a payment because you will be in the situation I am. No one is perfect and I hope synchrony will understand that my mistake was an honest one! I still have a balance on the card and plan to make the payments on time as I always have. Sincerely, Beverly Chavous

Davra Clayton Albuquerque, NM

I took out the CareCredit / Synchrony Bank card to pay for expensive dental work and have also used it for veterinary services. I like the way the Promotional Payments can be deferred without interest which has been helpful being on a fixed income. Now the frustrating.... I had three Promotional Purchases coming due in the first 3 months of this year. I made 2 calls to Synchrony Bank (being on hold for minutes and minutes each time) to confirm the amounts of each Promotional Purchase coming due and the exact pay-off amount each. I took money from my 401-K to pay out ALL of the promotional purchases coming due, and made a lump sum payment for over $2K in a phone conversation where I specified the amount for each pay-off. Each was paid in full with no interest! It was confirmed by the representative I spoke with. Or so I thought! The next month when I went on-line to check my account, several of the Promotional Purchases showed balances, so I immediately called SB. After a LONG hold, I got a girl who was really hard to hear and who didn't seem to know what I was talking about. After going over it with her for several minutes with no understanding, I asked for her supervisor and went over it AGAIN. After another LONG wait the manager came back and agreed that the money I paid had not been allocated correctly and interest had been wrongly charged to my account. She insisted it was straightened out, apologized and informed me it could take 1 - 2 billing cycles for the corrected amount to show up. Really? Shouldn't a correction be made immediately? Fast forward to the following month - upon checking the on-line account, my balance for one of the Promotional Purchases had been moved to inactive, BUT instead of being paid off, it showed over $300 still due. So another phone call to CUSTOMER SERVICE? - another LONG wait, another lady with a timid voice who said it was the interest due for the remaining balance. She proceeded to explain how much the interest was, and I kept saying it was paid off several months prior to the due date - there was no remaining balance. Finally she said she would have to speak to her manager - WAIT, she came back, said WAIT while she got the answer...WAIT. I asked if I could just talk to the manager myself. She ignored that and said WAIT. Finally she came back and said that he "was able to remove the accrued interest" (which I said never should have been there in the first place). She again said her manager was able to fix it. I got her name, his name and a confirmation that it would be corrected within 48 hours. While I was on hold - again and again, I went to the best company website to see if anyone else had issues - thank goodness, it isn't just me!! I thought maybe I was jinxed. My husband keeps saying "get rid of that card, they are incompetent" but I keep holding out because we just don't have the money up front to pay for dental work or vet bills. I keep expecting better accounting and customer service. But, I'm about done with the time and frustration. I feel like I have to check every month to see if it's been corrected and worry about their next mishandling of the account.

marsha morgan Altamonte Springs, FL

Some of the largest bills are medical bills especially dental bills. I got a care credit card via synchrony Bank and because I was new to it I was given a balance 1500 to use. However an emergency came up which prove to exceed the 1500 amount so I requested a increase on my balance. My reply from synchrony was to the tune of: I haven't demonstrated the ability to use the amount given to me and no increase would be given. I explained everything in my explanation box but was denied the increase. Well now I get upset as to how I'm going to pay this so fortunately the dentist broke up the payment. Yes the bank doesn't know me but I'm sure there's a lot of people they don't know that they've increased their dental card for. They need to change their credit card to 'Don't Care' as opposed to Care credit. Oh and Jess is a side note, in reviewing your complaints, do you really send out false statements to your customers?

D LS New Kensington, PA

I have multiple account with Synchrony Bank, one with a balance of $11,000 and the others with no balance and one with a balance of $2000 on a promotional zero percent deal. I have never made a late payment, have my credit increased on all cards and never had my credit limit lowered like the other comments I have read. I called Synchrony Bank and asked to have my interest rate on my Mastercard with the high balance lowered and they refused. My credit score is over 800 and my debt to income is at %27. I simply applied for a Citi Diamond Preferred card and transferred my balance. Synchrony Bank is not customer friendly, they do not care if they keep there customers and by the comments I read, they prey on the vulnerable. I am done with Synchrony as soon as my promotional balance is paid off.

Robyn Brady Kent, OH

We have several loans through Synchrony Bank. Windows at our rental and our new furnace and A/C at our new home. Super easy to set up payments and customer service always helpful and courteous.

Kara Chiu Las Vegas, NV

The worst customer service ever! Instead of trying to help you to fix the problem they argue with you! I mean hello??? Is this what you call customer service ?

PIKOLO390

Wow im the victim now i paid my monthly payment on time and they charged me the whole amount i owe them so now i have couple thousand dollars negative in my bank 👏👏

Joseph Gregg FL

Open my Sams Club account with them in June and still having issues even opening the account. Third card sent out to activate is on the way and still haven't been able to use my card. Seems like they don't want my money.

William Tracey Waterloo, IA

Synchrony Bank doesn't care at all about customers. Don't ever think they do. Just as I needed a procedure, and needed to use my Care Credit account, they lowered my credit limit arbitrarily.

yanina szenkman Miami, FL

Even tho you pay your amounts in full - and then some. they allocate moneys anyway they want and say you owe interest - how do i owe interest if i paid it in full? stay away from them!

Ruth Grindeland Denver, CO

SUCH A JOKE Synchrony bank has a relationship with Crate and Barell. I was excited to use them. However, they only approved me for 2% of my net income. 2%, and I have sold credit (800) and zero debt. Don't even waste your time getting their credit.