Medical Guardian

Call Now Visit Site

Medical Guardian verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

Medical Guardian has kept people safe since they opened their doors in 2005. They offer medical alert services for those who may need emergency services while at home or on the go. They have CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe.

The Good

• Price
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Special Offers
  • Risk Assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified

Medical Guardian members get equipment free of charge, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

• Price: Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there is no activation fee associated with setting up the account.
  • Contract: Members may cancel their Medical Guardian services at any point without charge.
  • Warranty: Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.
  • Monitoring: Medical Guardian monitors 24/7 and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help.
  • Customer Service: Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any questions.
  • Special Offers: If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment, and free shipping at checkout.
  • Risk Assessment: Interactive features help customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency.
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified: This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA's five points of excellence.

The Bad

• Initial Service Agreement
  • No Combo Package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing.

• Initial Service Agreement: While there is no contract with Medical Guardian, there is a minimum three-month (90-day) service agreement. Medical Guardian asks that consumers try their service for at least three months before canceling. Consumers may decide they do not want to wait three months to cancel; however, Medical Guardian will keep the 90-day minimum charge and consumers will then receive money back for any remaining portion of the service charges they did not use. This is not ideal for those who want to test Medical Guardian for one month, but cancellation is still possible.
  • No Combo Package: Medical Guardian does not offer a combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proven to be an industry leader with their emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. Their In-Home, GPS and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. They offer some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate. Their recent CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service. We would highly recommend them as the best company in the industry for a medical alert system.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

1269 Medical Guardian Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

July 21st, 2017 Middleton, WI

I didn’t like at all the guy who sold the service to me. He was very pushy, and I got the name on the internet. He told me I didn’t have to pay for the equipment, but I know there’s still a $400 charge.

July 21st, 2017 Simi Valley, CA

Thank goodness, I haven’t had to use it! I’ve accidentally pushed the button, and the people on the line were wonderful! My only suggestion towards them would be to resize the button a bit, this way, it’s not as easy to hit it. Perhaps a feature where you have to hold it down more than a few seconds to go off, but besides that, it’s a wonderful thing to have. I highly recommend for anyone that might need it.

July 21st, 2017 Newport, KY

I have not had to use this, I wear it constantly I never take it off even when I'm showering. I feel a lot safer with it than I without it.

July 21st, 2017 Doylestown, OH

I don't notice any difference using it. It's comfortable. I haven't had any problems with Medical Guardian customer service.

July 21st, 2017 Conroe, TX

The device is very heavy and bulky. I also had to put it a different type of cord that fits into my neck, I just didn’t realize it would be so big and heavy when I ordered it.

July 21st, 2017 Renton, WA

All of their people are great! Although I haven’t had the chance to use it, I usually take the devices with me wherever I go.

July 21st, 2017 Portsmouth, RI

They have a good product; they be selling fine. Besides, it was very nice to speak to their representative.

July 21st, 2017 Malden, MA

I take it wherever I go you know and if I need it I know I have something. I haven't used it yet though and I only spoke with them when I received it - and it was fine.

July 21st, 2017 Ellenburg Depot, NY

We’ve only used it for testing so far, but I can certainly say that their agents are good and very professional. It’s been a great experience.

July 21st, 2017 Newfield, NJ

My mother wears this around her neck 24/7. Medical Guardian has been very professional. I've had a pleasant experience with them so far.

July 21st, 2017 Dallas, TX

When I first got it I tested it, I had test and call. The rep was okay.

July 21st, 2017 Charter Twp of Clinton, MI

They’ve been very helpful, and I like the way their customer service handles things. My children feel comfortable with me having this as a protective measure.

July 21st, 2017 Del Rio, TX

My experience with Medical Guardian has been average. I just plugged it in, set it up, and that’s it. Their representatives were good.

July 21st, 2017 Boone, NC

My father wars the device on his wrist, and that seems to be easy, because he wears it a lot. It’s comfortable for him. He has not used it for any emergency circumstances yet, but he has gone through 2 months of checking it and making sure that it is working properly, and it seems to be working just fine. The person that I purchased it from was informative and very kind. I believe my dad just had a very good experience with the testing session that he had with his device. They’re doing a great job!

July 21st, 2017 Annapolis, MD

My son has a medical condition, so we purchased this service for him. He wasn’t very pleased with the response time. It took them several rings to answer, and he has seizures, so if they don’t answer right away, they’re not going to be able to talk with him at all. They should answer within 1 or 2 rings.

July 21st, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

Fortunately, I haven’t used it for an emergency, but I did set it off accidentally once. They called me, but I didn’t hear them, so they immediately called my family. I live with a family member in California, and they also called him. At that point, the paramedics were already on the way, so I had to cancel that. It wasn’t a real emergency, but I know that they’ll be Johnny on the spot if something happens to me.

July 21st, 2017 Concord, NC

My husband purchased it for me because I’m a disabled person, and have fallen a few times already. I’ve been very careful about falling, so I haven’t used the emergency service, but the representative I spoke to was very nice.

July 21st, 2017 Omaha, NE

Up to this point, I’ve been very happy with their service. I just wear their devices like a wrist watch, and although I haven’t used it for an emergency, I’ve spoken to their people. They’re very nice.

July 21st, 2017 Kalamazoo, MI

Medical Guardian’s representatives explained everything thoroughly. They were very helpful, and I was very pleased with the conversation I had with them.

0 0

July 21st, 2017 Paauilo, HI

Medical Guardian allows me to do my chores with more confidence now, without the fear that there's nobody around to help me in case something happened. I'm glad it has the new feature where it does not have to be only attached to a telephone, so you can go outside.