Medical Guardian has kept people safe since they opened their doors in 2005. They offer medical alert services for those who may need emergency services while at home or on the go. They have CSAA certified monitoring centers that are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work to keep your loved ones safe.

The Good

• Price
  • Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer service
  • Special offers
  • Risk assessment
  • CSAA Five Diamond certified

Medical Guardian members get equipment free of charge, with no setup fees or long-term contracts. The systems are backed by a Lifetime Warranty and include access to their 24/7 monitoring centers in the event of an emergency. The Medical Guardian monitoring centers provide bilingual support available for those who cannot speak English. Medical Guardian also includes medical alert services to Canada.

• Price: Depending on the package, Medical Guardian charges anywhere from $29.95-$49.95 for round the clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. In addition to low monthly monitoring fees, there is no activation fee associated with setting up the account.
  • Contract: If at any point you would like to cancel your Medical Guardian services, members can do so at any point without charge.
  • Warranty: Medical Guardian offers a lifetime warranty. If for some reason the equipment is damaged, Medical Guardian will replace it.
  • Monitoring: Medical Guardian monitors 24/7 and even has equipment that detects an emergency and requires no action from the individual in order to receive help.
  • Customer Service: Medical Guardian has customer service representatives waiting to assist you whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system. Members have the ability to order online or by calling in, and there is an online support team prepared to answer any and all questions.
  • Special Offers: If you sign up now, Medical Guardian is offering free activation, free equipment and free shipping at checkout.
  • Risk Assessment: Interactive feature that helps customers better identify their risk of experiencing a fall or medical emergency
  • CSAA Five Diamond Certified: This means that Medical Guardian has 100% of their central station operators certified and are committed to CSAA’s five points of excellence.

The Bad

• Initial service agreement
  • No combo package

While Medical Guardian does offer some of the best equipment and services in the industry, there are still some aspects of their service that require additional attention prior to purchasing.

• Initial Service Agreement: While there is no contract with Medical Guardian, there is a minimum three-month (90-day) service agreement. Medical Guardian asks that consumers try their service for at least three months before canceling. If a consumer decides they do not want to wait three months to cancel, consumers may do so. However, Medical Guardian will keep the 90-day minimum charge and consumers will then receive money back for any remaining portion of the service charges they did not use. This is not ideal for those who want to test Medical Guardian for one month, but cancellation is still possible.
  • No Combo Package: Medical Guardian does not offer a combo package at this time. This means that consumers will not be able to group multiple items together to receive a discounted rate.

The Bottom Line

Medical Guardian has proved to be an industry leader with their emergency support, quality products, and affordable service. Their In-Home, GPS and Automatic Fall-Detection features can be added on an individual basis to help keep your loved ones safe. They offer some of the best technology on the market at an affordable rate. Their recent CSAA Five Diamond certification also shows their standing and commitment to excellent customer service.

We would highly recommend them as the best company in the industry for a medical alert system.

Medical Guardian Disclaimer:
While Medical Guardian services both in the U.S. and Canada. All Canadian residents are required to have a landline in order to purchase any of Medical Guardian’s products or services. We recommend calling for further questions.

Medical Guardian System Overview

• Lifetime Warranty
  • Free Ground Shipping
  • Free Lockbox and 2nd Water Resistant Alert Button with Annual Plan
  • Water Resistant Hardware Promotes Safety in the Shower

See our Medical Guardian product breakdown for more details.

Frequently Asked Questions

How much does Medical Guardian Cost?

Medical Guardian has four products that vary in price. Here is a price breakdown of each product:

• Classic Guardian: $29.95/month
  • Home Guardian: $34.95/month
  • Mobile Guardian: $39.95/month
  • Premium Guardian: $49.95/month

Is there a contract?

There are no long-term contracts for any of the products. However, part of the customer agreement states that there is a minimum three-month service agreement for each product. The equipment remains the property of Medical Guardian. The monthly charge begins the day the customer receives the device. After the three-month period has expired, the contract will be automatically renewed unless either the customer or the company elects to terminate it. Customers who cancel after the three months are entitled to refund of any unused prepayments, provide the equipment is still in working order. If customers do not return the equipment, they are subject to a charge for it. The benefit of not owning the equipment is being able to have the newest gear available without having to pay a bunch for it.

How’s their monitoring?

Medical Guardian is a CSAA Five-Diamond Certified company. This CSAA certification means that a company has shown to be committed to serving the public. It is the highest recognized status for security monitoring in North America.

How’s customer service?

Superior customer service is a hallmark of Medical Guardian. The company is easy to connect with and always responsive and helpful to any questions or concerns customer may have. Medical Guardian has agents standing by to assist with any needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Customers may reach customer service by or by email, to which questions are answered within 24 hours. Also, Medical Guardian offers a live chat option that provides easy and swift responses to any product- or company-related questions.

Shipping & Package Details

Vimeo / Medical Guardian – via Iframely

For details on equipment visit Product Breakdown: A Look at Medical Guardian

Package Details

Classic Guardian:

This device has a cellular base unit, a wearable pendant and a watch button that users can have to give peace of mind in case of medical need. It has a range of 1,300 feet from base to unit, 36-hour battery life, and a water resistant necklace or wrist pendant. This simple-to-use device has emergency contacts stored, so that if an emergency occurs, loved ones are alerted to the situation. In case of emergency, the person simply pushes the button on their pendant or necklace, and a trained staff member communicates with the person through the base unit. Emergency responders are alerted to come to the person’s aid if needed.

Home Guardian:

This device requires no landline, and connects seamlessly with AT&T’s mobile network. With the convenient necklace or wrist pendant, home users can receive immediate attention at the push of a button. These personal emergency buttons have a range of up to 600 feet in any direction from the base unit. The base until carries up to 30 hours of additional backup battery life in the event of a power outage. And with emergency contacts already on file, users can stay connected with their friends, family, or emergency responders in any situation.

Mobile Guardian:

This device has a cellular base and your choice of a pendant or watch button. It also comes with a carrying case. It is ideal for use when away from the comforts of home. It works in the same fashion as the other devices, and it comes with unlimited range.

Premium Guardian:

Premium Guardian comes with a water resistant necklace button. It works in a three-step process. First, when there is a fall, the pendant detects the fall and sends a signal to a professionally trained responder. The person is connected to the responder who will then alert an EMT, whose voice will immediately reassure the person who has fallen. Then, if additional care is needed, emergency responders are dispatched to the person. Loved ones are also notified. A staff member stays on the device with the person.
The Fall Alert has 30-hour backup battery life, temperature and time LED display, and a range of 600 feet from base to unit.

Company Details

Warranty

All products are covered with a lifetime warranty. Customers never have to pay for service or repair.

Activation Fees

There are absolutely no activation fees or cancellation fees. The only additional fees customers will pay are when failing to return equipment (as detailed below).

Time in Business

Medical Guardian was founded in 2005.

Company Contact Information

Address: 1818 Market Street, Suite 1200

Philadelphia, PA 19103

Phone: 1-(800) 330-8394

Certified Monitoring Centers

Available information confirms that the certified Monitoring Centers are based in the U.S.

X close
X close

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Guardian below.

Or you can visit their site by clicking here.

1,095 Medical Guardian Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

August 9th, 2014 Gig Harbor, WA

So far, so good. It was easy to set up and Jim wears the bracelet all the time. He fell outside the post office the other day and 2 people had to get him up off the ground. Do you have anything that would help him away from home? He wants to be independent but is 84 years and not in good health plus falls a lot.

2. User Score

August 8th, 2014 Gastonia, NC

Outstanding service from the first inquiry to set up. Chris DiLullo was very curteous, prompt and professional. He was able not only to answer my questions, but explained where I could understand your services. I received my system very quickly with the instructions being very clear and easy to follow. I made two calls to your technical assistance and they had me squared away within minutes. From the time I opened the box to having the system set up, tested with the pendant around my neck was approximately 30 minutes. My family now has peace of mind. Great experience and would recommend to others.

3. User Score

August 8th, 2014 Newnan, GA

The agent was professional and courteous. Our conversation was pleasant and informative. I feel confident that my questions were answered completely. I look forward to a long working relationship with Guardian.

4. User Score

August 8th, 2014 Richmond, VA

So far I have been very pleased with this company. I have been with them only a week.

5. User Score

August 8th, 2014 Alexandria, VA

Cancelled the services within 24 hour of purchase because thee health care will cover my mother with monitoring services. The equipment had not been sent. Two days later, I received a welcome letter. I called and cancelled the service again, I was told I would have to wait until Monday because sales office was closed. I called on Monday to find out they had already shipped the equipment. I was provided a return shipping label. I have shipped the equipment back. It has been over three weeks and I have yet to receive my refund ( I called and they said the equipment has not been returned to inventory and it would take 7 to 10 business days to process my refund upon the equipment being returned to stock).

3 1

6. User Score

August 8th, 2014 OK

The representative was knowledgeable and gently but persistently interested in our business, by far the most responsive of all the contacts we solicited. The process played out as he said it would, and the setup was simple and brief.

7. User Score

August 8th, 2014 Vista, CA

We got this system for our 90 year-old Mother. It seems to be working fine excet for a few false alarms. Not sure whether it’s the system (ultra-sensitive?) or something our Mother is doing. Time will tell. Overall, very pleased with system and response center.

8. User Score

August 8th, 2014 Dana Point, CA

My experience with Medical Guardian was wonderful from my first call to completely setting up and testing the equipment.

I would definitely recommend the to anyone who needs the service.

9. User Score

August 8th, 2014 Wichita, KS

The representative was very helpful and answered all our questions. Got it for our mother. Setup went well. She got pendant and wrist bracelet. She only wears her wrist bracelet because she is hesitant about wearing pendant for fear it will go off if she bends down to tie shoe etc. The wrist bracelet is working very well so far. Paid for 2 day service and it took 5 days but they said they would credit it back. So far am satisfied with service.

10. User Score

August 8th, 2014 Eugene, OR

The “Panic” button on pendant is TOO sensitive. I am almost 94, still carry clean laundry the short distance from dryer to my bedroom to sort.
    The first day I wore the pendant i held clean bedding lightly against my chest– off went the alarm and I had to rush to the speaker to explain. Now only wear it when I go out to get my mail- just at foot of my driveway AND when I carry recycle things two steps down to my garage or go to food storage cupboards there…. . In case i fall do not want to lie on concrete for hours nor the aggregate driveway. ‘
    For this I am paying over $400 per year? An absurd price! Can’t wear it in bed for same reason.

I was told by your Rep. Harry, in New York, that I would be sent a bracelet alarm; Instead received two pendants.

A protective shield over button to be used as a choice would be helpful.

Have not fallen YET, Perhaps today?

For the above reasons I could not recommend your device to elderly friends and contemporaries.’

Cynical- Grace Stewart

11. User Score

August 8th, 2014 Gurnee, IL

Set up was easy. Assistance via phone stayed until all questions were answered. Alarm was ested and answered promptly. When alarm was set off accidentally, we were able to stop the 911 call to the house.

12. User Score

August 8th, 2014 Macungie, PA

I was pleasantly surprised when I rec’d it. the only fault I could find is that it would be great if it were totally water proof so one could wear it in the shower were one might just have a mishap. so far I haven’t had to use it but am pleased with it.

13. User Score

August 8th, 2014 Seattle, WA

I liked the fact that I could call and get a human anytime. I did not like the fact that I had to make 3 requests to get an invoice copy emailed to me. I like the fact that the fall detection works. I did not like the fact that I cannot find a way to access my account on the website, and it would be very nice if I could do so.

14. User Score

August 8th, 2014 Rumford, ME

just recently ordered this service. TIme to put in place is a little lengthy given priority mail (2 day service) should be readily available. The person i spoke with was great.. very informative and helpful in making assessment of needs. When they put into place the “drop alert” (add on) it will bring a much needed broadening of the service to many. I believe I chose the right company for my needs after considerable research.

15. User Score

August 8th, 2014 Delhi, NY

ONE SECOND ST SO FAR SO GOOD. I DID WEAR THE FALL ONE TO BED AND IT WENT OFF. I HEARD IT CALL TO ME AND IT TOLD ME HOW TO CANCEL THE ALERT, WHICH I DID. NOW I WEAR THE OTHER ONE TO BED AND WEAR THE FALL ONE DURING THE DAY. I WISH I HAD A BASE I COULD PLUG INTO THE BEDROOM AREA AS I DOUBT ANYONE COULD HEAR MY SPEAKING IF I HAD TO PUSH THE BUTTON FROM WHERE THE BASE IS NOW. WOULD HATE TO HAVE EMTS COME IF I DIDN’T REALLY NEED THEM. I HAD A DIFFERENT SYSTEM ONCE AND IT HAD A SMALLER BASE WITH THE MICROPHONE IN IT THAT I COULD PUT IN ANOTHER AREA. I DID LIKE THAT.