Best Company Guarantee Comcast Xfinity Internet Logo

Comcast Xfinity Internet

7.2

LAST UPDATED: August 12th, 2022

Comcast is a major force in the telecommunications industry because of its large service area and the sheer number of customers it has served. If you've ever researched internet packages, Comcast has likely come up.

The company's regular rates start at $49.95 per month. You can bundle TV, phone, and home security services with its internet.

View Xfinity Reviews

The Comcast Company has two major parts: Comcast Cable and NBC Universal. These two parts work together to bring all of the various types of media to homes across the United States.

Xfinity is a part of Comcast Cable and brings phone, TV service, home automation, and high-speed internet to customers. A variety of package options are available depending on the speeds and features accessible in your area.

Xfinity has a commitment to great service that is backed by a money-back guarantee.

The Good

• High Speeds
  • High Availability
  • Security
  • Xfinity Bundle Advantages
  • Contract-Free Option

High Speeds

Xfinity Internet offers some of the highest speeds in the industry. Its internet plans are organized by speed.

• 25 Mbps (~$40 per month)
  • 100 Mbps (~$45 per month)
  • 200 Mbps (~$60 per month)
  • 300 Mbps (~$70 per month)
  • 600 Mbps (~$80 per month)
  • 1,000 Mbps (~$84.99– $90 per month)
  • 2,000 Mbps (~$299.95 per month)

Keep in mind that this pricing information is only for the first 12 months and the pricing will depend on your location and contract length. Some plans may not be available in some areas. These prices can change depending on your timing.

Equipment, installation, and activation fees also apply in some cases—more on that below.

High Availability

Since Xfinity is a large entity in the ISP industry, it covers a huge area across the United States: it's available in 39 states. With that large area coverage comes a lot of variation in upload speeds and download speeds available to you.

Xfinity doesn't have solid available speeds until it conducts a speed test for a specific address. This can be an obstacle if you're looking at internet options but aren't certain about your future zip code.

But, it's also a benefit because customers don't have to pay a fee for a certain speed package unavailable in their area. The price for an internet plan depends on the internet speed that's available; you won't overpay for Mbps that you're not receiving in your location.

When choosing a speed, you should consider whether multiple devices will access the internet. Xfinity provides general package information to give you an idea of what you might pay for certain areas.

Security

Along with quick internet speeds for reasonable prices, Xfinity also promises internet security.

Xfinity has partnered with Norton Antivirus to bring their customers online protection. These security measures are easily downloaded onto any computer or device once you've chosen your package.

The cost of this software is included in the monthly Xfinity bill. There is no additional charge for this security service.

Free security is a big bonus that could keep you safe from theft and viruses.

Bundling Advantages

Like many other internet service providers, Xfinity offers additional services, like cable, in addition to its high-speed internet.

But if you think cable is antiquated, that's not your only bundling option with Xfinity. Xfinity has the option for customers to stream hundreds of channels and videos to view in their own homes through Xfinity TV service, the Xfinity Stream app, Xfinity Instant TV, or Xfinity Cable TV.

Xfinity packages offer the customer more than one of these services. If you choose to add on more services through Xfinity, they're typically bundled at a lower price. This is a huge benefit if you're hunting for several new services, but it's a downside if you're not.

If you strictly want internet service, you might be missing out on some promotions and better deals.

Contract-Free Option

If you don't plan on staying with Xfinity, or if you plan on moving shortly, you can choose an Xfinity plan with no contract. Customers who choose this option will pay a higher monthly rate, but this is a convenient choice for those who dislike being locked into a contract that may raise rates.

The Bad

• Data Limits
  • Fees
  • State Coverage

Data Limits

Xfinity does not offer unlimited data. It has implemented data limits. Some of these data caps are as high as 1 TB.

Xfinity also requires a one- to two-year contract on many of its packages. Some other internet service providers do not have data limits or require contracts, so if you're wary of committing to an ISP long-term, so this may offputting.

Fees

Xfinity's service has a few costs that customers consider hidden fees. While these aren't technically "hidden fees" because they are mentioned in Xfinity's contracts, users sometimes see them as abrupt and unfair:

• Installation fee. This can be negotiable, but technicians typically charge a $60.00 fee to install Xfinity. Customers can opt for a do-it-yourself kit for a cheaper cost.
  • Reactivation fee. If a customer temporarily turns off their service, Xfinity charges a small reactivation fee.
  • Equipment fee. If you choose to rent Xfinity gateway, the provider's 2-in-1 modem/router, you'll pay a monthly rental price. Customers looking to lower their bill should purchase their own compatible equipment upfront.
  • Xfinity TV fees. Xfinity charges several fees for add-on TV service, including premium channels and DVR.
  • Late payment fee. Xfinity will charge an add-on of $10.00 if a customer pays their bill late.
  • Early termination fee. Xfinity Internet offers customers a 1-year contract where their price is locked in for that year. However, if the customer needs to end the contract early, they are subject to an early termination fee.

You might also see fees such as a Broadcast TV fee, Federal Universal Service Fund (FUSF) fee, Regional Sports Network fee, Rental fee, and more. Check your specific Xfinity package, and be aware that many rates are negotiable.

State Coverage

While Xfinity is available in 39 states, some of its competitors are available in all 50. These variables can be a disadvantage and a reason that customers search for other internet service providers for their needs.

The Bottom Line

If you're looking at a few different internet service providers, it can be frustrating to figure out what type of package you can get in your area and how much you'll have to pay. Xfinity requires a contract, has data limits, and isn't available in all 50 states.

However, customers who choose Xfinity Internet will enjoy a host of benefits and features like Norton Antivirus software, access to hotspots across the country, and a money-back guarantee. We recommend checking out Xfinity's services to see if they are a good fit for you.

Be sure you understand the terms of your internet service agreement and whether there are additional fees, like an installation fee or surcharges for a modem and router.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

3.3

Tiffany Hawkes LA

I have had internet service with xfinity for the past 7 years. Our internet service is fast and reliable. I’ve never had nothing but great things to say about them. Also, last year we switched to Xfinity mobile and we love them too!

Shelley Steed Knoxville, TN

I'm very pleased with my Xfinity internet account. I qualify for their Internet Essentials plan; which is for low income people. It's $9.99/month for a very minimal speed but it's always been satisfactory for me. Internet access is critical because it makes information, jobs, healthcare, groceries, and other resources available to me. I can only remember one outage over the past year+ and they are very proactive when it does occur. I only hear from them when necessary... 99% of the time everything runs smoothly from the internet connection itself, to auto-payments, and even their 5-star app! It's really a world-class app because it provides seamless, automated troubleshooting for the the service, live information when validating service, and support for the connection of peripherals such as smart tv's and cell phones. One time I received notification of an offer from Xfinity and I had to make a brief call to their customer service department to confirm my acceptance of a benefit... the representative was respectful, knowledgeable, and efficient. I'm just very pleased with Xfinity.

cathy beasley Livingston, TN

The internet is great I have no complaints. The customer service is so awesome. I had 1 issue and it was fixed in matter of minutes. When we first got it we had problems with alot of internet outages we would call and the automotive system let us know they were working on it and a time it should be back to working . That was pretty cool I thought. However they must have fixed alot of the bugs because we rarely have issues anymore with it going out. I recommend their service to everyone and anyone I hear asking about changing services from whom they were having issues with. With that I definatly send alot of potential customers Xfinity way. Only by my choice . I highly recommend xfinity !!

David Swenson Littleton, CO

I researched internet options with Comcast as I was looking to sign a contract. Overall they seem to give a quality product with good service, but I was not impressed by their pricing and contract options. I was able to get an equal quality and speed of internet for 30% less at a locked in rate. My potential contract with comcast would have also likely increased in price annually. So I think you will get a quality product and service, but you will pay top dollar for it!

Yael Lynchburg, VA

Comcast Xfinity Internet is by far the best internet provider out there, from state of the art equipment, FASTEST speeds, great customer service and best value for you money for the plans offered. They have been my internet provider for years and would not choose another company. I recommend to everyone with Xfinity in their service area!

Doc B Decatur, GA

Excellent. Transition to 5G resulted in a need for equipment upgrade. I tried to purchase my own equipment to interphase with Xfinity and could not find appropriate matches. So I opted for the equipment rental modem and upgraded to max speeds (0ver 900) and once every thing was compatible for 5G I have had no problems and no service calls in past 8 months.

Christopher M Harper Katy, TX

I have been with Comcast Xfinity for about 15 years. Over this period I have found their service to be very reliable, and the download / upload speeds consistent. There have been times when the internet has gone out (or gone slow) and this has been traced to a cut cable line underground, or one damaged by a weed eater. Comcast have been very responsive to these calls for help, and fixed the problem before they leave. All in all a great experience and have recommended them to others too.

Chary Akmyrat Little Rock, AR

The connection is not super solid, I need to restart modem and wifi router once a week to get it refreshed. Price wise I am happy for what I get for my house full of mobile and IoT devices. I have never requested a technician, I did all of the wired and wireless set ups myself and it meets my necessity. However, stay away from the customer service, they may not be as helpful as supposed to be.

I dislike synchrony bank this much -- I created an account just to leave a review Atlanta, GA

Best internet service I've ever had. Fast as lightning. Very reliable. Xfinity also has this really awesome FREE wifi you can take with you -- xfinity wifi that's part of your monthly pricing plan. I actually RENT a box because it is easy to set up, and is wireless. Wireless routers have a lifespan of 2 years. If you buy one, you will have to replace it every 2 years (Which pretty much costs the same as renting it). I recommend having a battery back up (for electronics) especially Internet, in case you have any electrical issues in your house, so your Internet will stay up even during an outtage.

Rebecca Robinson Murfreesboro, TN

I absolutely love Comcast Xfinity forever!! If you work from home, you will see that most employers prefer you have Comcast over any other Internet provider.

Lesia D Pompano Beach, FL

Where do I start. This company did a bait and switch with us. When I moved into my new apartment in 2017, cable was included in the rent, but I did not know so I called the cable company and setup cable. They billed me for cable service, the same basic package that was free. I only realized it about two months later when my neighbor was talking to me about upgrading to a different package because she wanted to watch some special program. When I called Comcast, they gave me a hard time, eventually, they refunded 1 month of payment and now has been sending me a bill for $3.57 for the past 5 years!

Ashlyn Elwood Roswell, GA

Comcast Xfinity has always had great internet speed and customer service, but the price of their service increased when I moved so I switched to a provider that was a better value. I would still recommend them though if it is a good price where you live!

Rachel Porter Chicago, IL

Comcast Xfinity has provided good internet service at a good price. I have not experienced any service interruptions at my new residence. Customer Service has been very friendly and driven to problem solving whenever I've need to contact them Great company.

Debbie Schultz Murfreesboro, TN

Very reliable, great customer service. The few issues I have had have been dealt with promptly and fairly. Only problem is the increasing price, and that long term customers have to constantly call to negotiate better rates when rates go up. Seems new customers get the best rates and if a long term customer wants a break you have to deal with it every time contract is up.

Gary Sorrento, FL

We've been using Comcast Xfinity internet service for 4+ years. and we are pleased with their service, especially their customer service whenever the internet service goes down. When it does go down, usually for short interruptions, Xfinity will always contact us via email to give notice to the issue and when to expect return of service. We have a high internet speed, 900 which is very consistent in speed. In general, Xfinity serves us well.

Tharessa Langley Philadelphia, PA

Xfinity I really like their internet service right now they have a ACP program that allows me a monthly credit on my bill at first it was hard for me to sign up for the program but after talking to the customer service people they guided me through the whole thing and now I'm paying a price that's satisfying to me

Flor

Had Comcast Xfinity for some time while living in South Florida. Internet was always good and fast, and everytime we had we had an issue, their customer service was nice and helpful. Had to cancel the service because we moved and it wasn't available at the nee place, otherwise we would have kept it.

LA Littleton, CO

Really reliable and quality internet connection. In the last five years of being a customer I’ve never had an issue with my service, I had to have a rotor replaced once and they came right out and fixed it for us within two days. I highly recommend the quality and customer service of this company.

Andrew Glover Tucson, AZ

Amazing reliability. Awesome customer service. Blazingly fast speeds and top notch technology offered in their equipment. Their prices are higher than other companies and in most areas it seems as though they have a monopoly over the cable and internet, but i've never had a problem after my promotional pricing expires with them reconfiguring my plan into another promo pricing period to keep my services maxed and my bill minimized. If you have trouble over the phone, find a physical service location, as they are much more helpful there, than the phone service is, and always take your equipment with you, because they might have newer models and they'll swap out boxes fast and easy so you have the latest tech,

shamont mallory

Comcast is one of the fastest and reliable internet services that I ever had. The upload speed are extremely fast and, I can use up to 16 devices for streaming at once. I highly recommend switching to xfinity internet!

DealStar South Jordan, UT

I am actually a big fan of Comcast Xfinity, with the exception of the cost. There was very little down time, the Internet speed is great, we ran several devices simultaneously and never had a problem. I only left this provider because I moved to a new condo that does not support this provider.

Leah Daly City, CA

Internet service is decent, at best. We often get kicked off the wifi - whether is be when streaming on tv or iPads or when connecting a laptop for work. This in itself is frustrating but the fact that the monthly price for this service is nearly $135 is beyond irritating. If the internet service is spotty, it feels like a slap in the face to pay such a high price. I was told that the only way I could lower my bill is to add additional services that I don't need which doesn't make any sense at all.

William Smith Bolingbrook, IL

Xfinity provides a wide array of products and great cable signal. The customer service representatives are pleasant to deal with and make every reasonable effort to support customers. My main concerns with Xfinity are primarily related to technical issues, i.e., poor signals when the remote interacts with the television, issues with accessing apps, and random service outages. The cost for Xfinity products and services are relatively high. Given the cost, I don't expect to experience the afore-mentioned issues.

Amrit Nandrey Franklin, TN

I used Comcast for 9 years. They are a good starter internet package with very low prices to get started. It is very reliable too (unless there is a physical damage to the cable). They bundled internet service with basic TV service.

Megan Deaner White Lake, MI

I called Xfinity customer service and spoke with Maureen over the phone to cancel my services. Maureen was very friendly, and informative. Definition of true customer service. Thank you Maureen for offering the best customer service I have seen in so long.

Hemant Ramachandran Saratoga, CA

When I got access to Xfinity Internet at my parents' house, it was very fast. Internet came at a good speed, and if there were network problems, they would usually be resolved immediately. However, the only annoyance is that network problems could sometimes come a little bit too frequently. It is a very minor issue though, since overall Internet has proven to be very good.

Sharon Lepore Bountiful, UT

Comcast Infinity Internet has vastly improved theier customer service in the decade or two that ive been using them, I appreciate the outreach to those of us who are low income and i am now able to afford home internet for the first time. I'd give 5 stars if basic cable for my TV was as generous, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves!

Sadrianna King Saint Paul, MN

The service is fairly decent, at least very few outages. The customer service though is atrocious and they will find extra ways of adding fee's. The wireless modem that I was renting from them kept going on the fritz, after 3 or 4 calls to customer service to have the equipment reset I asked that they replace the unit which is obviously faulty. The agent told me fine but if they find nothing wrong with the unit you'll be charged for the technician's visit. they did not offer the option of bringing the unit to an office. the new unit worked perfectly and they charged me $60 for someone to bring it to me when I could have done that myself. Out of at least a dozen calls to their customer service only ONE was ever pleasant and that was when I was calling to demand a refund for the overpayment. Nearly all of them are rude and dismissive and try to do as little for you as they can.

Tia Robinson Minneapolis, MN

What can I say about Comcast besides their rip off prices, (always increasing and bogus contracts). They definitely lure you in with what seems like a great price and then change it on you. The contracts need to go and the sinister pricing. Customer service is okay.

Aujana Denver, CO

We have them now. We love them. Been with these guys for 3 years now. They offer good prices and fare rates. They work with you to pay your bill.

Brooke Arnold Los Angeles, CA

And Xfinity sales person came to our door, told us we could get better internet than what we already have for half the price. We could get a free trial to prove how well it works. So we said sure, we will do a free trial. The equipment they sent never worked. We waited the whole trial period for it to get service and even called a tech for input. It never got a connection. So we sent the equipment back, this was in April, and THEY CHARGED US FOR THE EQUIPTMENT AFTER WE SENT IT BACK. And we have called them 4 times now it is JUNE. they STILL HAVE NOT REFUNDED THE CHARGE. My parents have been using xfinity in a completely different city and it has worked fine for the most part but has always been somewhat spotty and unreliable. So this is also not my first encounter with their service being poor it just crosses the line now. Hoping I save someone else from signing up

Shahla baig Houston, TX

There customer service n quick response including monthly bills compare to another company is too good… speed of internet is best.. dealing with issues is so quick.

Brennan Smith Okemos, MI

Comcast / Xfinity is fairly predatory with pushing you to sign up for multi-year contracts and/or limited term offers that surprise you with rate increases. Their customer service is OK, but they send you around in circles if you try to cancel. Unfortunately, US ISP regulations are lacking in consumer protection policies, so you’re sometimes stuck choosing a company like Comcast / Xfinity because they may provide the best service in your locale. I found WOW! to be more pleasant to deal with, but their service delivery in certain areas of our state isn’t as good as Comcast / Xfinity. Be prepared to say no to crap deals, and be diligent about understanding what you’re signing up for.

Christina Sutu-Wallar Pittsburg, CA

I have used Comcast since 2018. They have reliable service, they text me whenever there is an outage including when they plan to resolve it, they always have great deals going on too. My only complaint is their customer service - they don’t seem to value their clients.

Pass Houston, TX

Have had Comcast service for over 15 years now. Service seem to get better every year. Customer service is excellent. They always keep you up to date if and whenever there is an internet outage in your neighborhood.

Stephen Foltz West Linn, OR

Over 6 years we experienced 2-3 service outages. None lasted more than an hour and we were able to get reasonable ETAs via our phones. Speed p;aid for was always available and usually better than promised.

Jnt_421 Bethel Park, PA

I would have given 5 stars based on the customer service I received in store for a router issue, but we experience outages more than one would expect. It's not a major inconvenience because many times it has happens while we are at work or other non-inconvenient times, and they do send out messages to inform customers if there are known issues or outages we should be aware of. Overall, Xfinity is not bad and they have a lot of offers for current and new customers.

jannie turner Cherry Hill, NJ

The internet is excellent, fast, and strong. I have numerous gadgets running on my wifi service and it never slows down. When my family visit the wifi auto kicks in on their cell phones and tablets. Very good service I recommend it.

Seamas Culligan Dorchester, MA

I've been with Comcast for 15 years. The only reason I stayed with them is because I used to use Comcast as my main email source, and I wanted to retain my email archive. Then one day I logged in and my entire inbox was wiped out because of one of their service upgrades. I demanded that they pull my archive of emails off of their back-up drives. They didn't have one. So I tried to sue them in small claims court, you should have heard their sleazy lawyer flirting and lying to the old judge, naturally he ruled in their favor. I immediately dropped their overpriced cable TV service but retained their high-speed internet because my wife wants to hang onto our email archive. As a user I have to say that Comcast's high speed internet is fairly mediocre and also overpriced, I am always having to reboot their modem. Other countries such as South Korea and Japan offer much faster high speed internet at a small fraction of the price that is charged here in America. But as American ISP providers go, Comcast is probably about average. I would quit Comcast tomorrow, but my wife wants to hang onto her old emails.

Eid Rehmat Collierville, TN

I have internet service with Comcast since 2010 I don’t remember having any issue with my internet

Brad Kendzora Oakland, CA

The speed is good. I had a good price under contract but after the discount expired, they wouldn't work with me after my bill increased from $30 to $83. Not a great way to treat a customer of 11 years.

Frank Rivera Lynnfield, MA

Recently switched to Comcast. Their service plans fit my family's streaming and work from home needs at a faironthly rate.

Gaju Shrestha Herriman, UT

I have comcast for more than one year. So far I am satisfied with their service. The internet speed is good and bundling with tv and phone has saved money.

Sarah Berks Atlanta, GA

I have had it since December. It's awesome. It hasn't ever gone down yet so can't speak to service, but the installation techs were great.

Bethany Burleson Elkridge, MD

The service is pretty good but we've had many issues as well such as slowing down and cutting out here and there. It is very expensive, so thats definitely a negative aspect.

Linda Holly Alpharetta, GA

I am using xfinity prepaid. Best deal in town! $45 monthly for Internet and Wifi. No issues, no increases. Pay and go, or not. No penalties.

Daniel Smith New York, NY

Great quality of service and speed. Also very good at notification during loss of service in area and providing scope/time to recover. Worth the cost of service.

keith faught LA

If you are thinking about using xfinity internet, don't! We have been customers for over 3 years. Internet has been down for 10 days, had 3 technicians out. Talked to somewhere between 9 and 12 agents (lost count). 1st tech: Found box gone in neighbor's yard and said that there was nothing he could do. Commercial side would be out in 2-3 days. (Seen no one for 7 days now) 2nd tech: No show 3rd tech: Found same thing as 1st tech so went down to next pedestal and connected temporary cable. Internet worked for 3 hours, then quit. When I called to get someone back out, they said earliest appointment was 8 days from now and there was nothing else they could do for me. No wonder they have been loosing millions of customers in the last few years, looks like it will continue until they decide to change.

Jillian Grand Rapids, MI

Xfinity is the best internet service available in my area. Very thankful for their service while working from home for two years. I've only had one service issue in the last two years. It is painful to call customer service.

Don Daniel Olympia, WA

Competitive prices and reliable service. Had to bump up to a higher usage plan for all our streaming, because our original "unlimited" plan had limits on the usage.