Best Company Guarantee Comcast Xfinity Internet Logo

Comcast Xfinity Internet

7.2

LAST UPDATED: February 5th, 2023

Comcast is a major force in the telecommunications industry because of its large service area and the sheer number of customers it has served. If you've ever researched internet packages, Comcast has likely come up.

The company's regular rates start at $49.95 per month. You can bundle TV, phone, and home security services with its internet.

View Xfinity Reviews

The Comcast Company has two major parts: Comcast Cable and NBC Universal. These two parts work together to bring all of the various types of media to homes across the United States.

Xfinity is a part of Comcast Cable and brings phone, TV service, home automation, and high-speed internet to customers. A variety of package options are available depending on the speeds and features accessible in your area.

Xfinity has a commitment to great service that is backed by a money-back guarantee.

The Good

• High Speeds
  • High Availability
  • Security
  • Xfinity Bundle Advantages
  • Contract-Free Option

High Speeds

Xfinity Internet offers some of the highest speeds in the industry. Its internet plans are organized by speed.

• 25 Mbps (~$40 per month)
  • 100 Mbps (~$45 per month)
  • 200 Mbps (~$60 per month)
  • 300 Mbps (~$70 per month)
  • 600 Mbps (~$80 per month)
  • 1,000 Mbps (~$84.99– $90 per month)
  • 2,000 Mbps (~$299.95 per month)

Keep in mind that this pricing information is only for the first 12 months and the pricing will depend on your location and contract length. Some plans may not be available in some areas. These prices can change depending on your timing.

Equipment, installation, and activation fees also apply in some cases—more on that below.

High Availability

Since Xfinity is a large entity in the ISP industry, it covers a huge area across the United States: it's available in 39 states. With that large area coverage comes a lot of variation in upload speeds and download speeds available to you.

Xfinity doesn't have solid available speeds until it conducts a speed test for a specific address. This can be an obstacle if you're looking at internet options but aren't certain about your future zip code.

But, it's also a benefit because customers don't have to pay a fee for a certain speed package unavailable in their area. The price for an internet plan depends on the internet speed that's available; you won't overpay for Mbps that you're not receiving in your location.

When choosing a speed, you should consider whether multiple devices will access the internet. Xfinity provides general package information to give you an idea of what you might pay for certain areas.

Security

Along with quick internet speeds for reasonable prices, Xfinity also promises internet security.

Xfinity has partnered with Norton Antivirus to bring their customers online protection. These security measures are easily downloaded onto any computer or device once you've chosen your package.

The cost of this software is included in the monthly Xfinity bill. There is no additional charge for this security service.

Free security is a big bonus that could keep you safe from theft and viruses.

Bundling Advantages

Like many other internet service providers, Xfinity offers additional services, like cable, in addition to its high-speed internet.

But if you think cable is antiquated, that's not your only bundling option with Xfinity. Xfinity has the option for customers to stream hundreds of channels and videos to view in their own homes through Xfinity TV service, the Xfinity Stream app, Xfinity Instant TV, or Xfinity Cable TV.

Xfinity packages offer the customer more than one of these services. If you choose to add on more services through Xfinity, they're typically bundled at a lower price. This is a huge benefit if you're hunting for several new services, but it's a downside if you're not.

If you strictly want internet service, you might be missing out on some promotions and better deals.

Contract-Free Option

If you don't plan on staying with Xfinity, or if you plan on moving shortly, you can choose an Xfinity plan with no contract. Customers who choose this option will pay a higher monthly rate, but this is a convenient choice for those who dislike being locked into a contract that may raise rates.

The Bad

• Data Limits
  • Fees
  • State Coverage

Data Limits

Xfinity does not offer unlimited data. It has implemented data limits. Some of these data caps are as high as 1 TB.

Xfinity also requires a one- to two-year contract on many of its packages. Some other internet service providers do not have data limits or require contracts, so if you're wary of committing to an ISP long-term, so this may offputting.

Fees

Xfinity's service has a few costs that customers consider hidden fees. While these aren't technically "hidden fees" because they are mentioned in Xfinity's contracts, users sometimes see them as abrupt and unfair:

• Installation fee. This can be negotiable, but technicians typically charge a $60.00 fee to install Xfinity. Customers can opt for a do-it-yourself kit for a cheaper cost.
  • Reactivation fee. If a customer temporarily turns off their service, Xfinity charges a small reactivation fee.
  • Equipment fee. If you choose to rent Xfinity gateway, the provider's 2-in-1 modem/router, you'll pay a monthly rental price. Customers looking to lower their bill should purchase their own compatible equipment upfront.
  • Xfinity TV fees. Xfinity charges several fees for add-on TV service, including premium channels and DVR.
  • Late payment fee. Xfinity will charge an add-on of $10.00 if a customer pays their bill late.
  • Early termination fee. Xfinity Internet offers customers a 1-year contract where their price is locked in for that year. However, if the customer needs to end the contract early, they are subject to an early termination fee.

You might also see fees such as a Broadcast TV fee, Federal Universal Service Fund (FUSF) fee, Regional Sports Network fee, Rental fee, and more. Check your specific Xfinity package, and be aware that many rates are negotiable.

State Coverage

While Xfinity is available in 39 states, some of its competitors are available in all 50. These variables can be a disadvantage and a reason that customers search for other internet service providers for their needs.

The Bottom Line

If you're looking at a few different internet service providers, it can be frustrating to figure out what type of package you can get in your area and how much you'll have to pay. Xfinity requires a contract, has data limits, and isn't available in all 50 states.

However, customers who choose Xfinity Internet will enjoy a host of benefits and features like Norton Antivirus software, access to hotspots across the country, and a money-back guarantee. We recommend checking out Xfinity's services to see if they are a good fit for you.

Be sure you understand the terms of your internet service agreement and whether there are additional fees, like an installation fee or surcharges for a modem and router.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

3.3

Erick Benjamin Perez (Insurance Doctor) Hollywood, FL

I use Comcast for my internet needs. Yes, I have television service as well but I would not be the judge of that. I barely have time. The internet is decent but sometimes when it rains it lags for some time. I also demand the highest form of internet and would be great if they offered fiber technology.

Sharifay Sharif Salt Lake City, UT

I love this internet provider, it was fast and easy to get started, I set up the equipment by myself because the app has very easy instructions, connects to ring my door bell, and thermostats. Also provides ring doorbells for $15 a month

Natalie

I haven't had any issues with this service. I absolutely love their app that allows you to quickly determine any service issues and tracks which devices are connected to your account. Our brand new apartments came with a built in router so set up took about 20 minutes after activating our account without having to wait for an installation. I would highly recommend this company to everyone.

Sherry Nichols Hancock, MI

I’m very unhappy because I could not get my internet connected. I called and was put on hold for 30 minutes and I just hung up the phone. We have been without internet for it will be 2 days⛄️. Today. I could only get any information from a text message telling me that they could help me. I want to talk with a live person. I need this issue resolved

jennifer Gearing

Xfinity is a piss poor excuse for customer service!!! I called for assistance and after going through string of robot links. It didn't matter how many times I ask for a representative. When I reached a human I was hung up 8 time!!! Not joking!!! Where is the customer service. Why is it so hard to talk to a human. Where is the service? After the 9 time calling I was able to get my issue resolved, but when I asked for a supervisor to complain about my hang ups I got excuse "we don't have supervisor here". l left my number and asked for a supervisor call back. I honestly believe that will never happened. If I could leave 0 stars I would. I have never in my life been treated so poorly. If you don't need xfinity - go with a company that will actually have people that will help you. No robots, no ill speaking english service that would rather hang up on you than actually help you with your issues!!!

David Barr Houston, TX

I like my e their internet & streaming service. And their prompt courtesies . Don't like that I can't get offers made to new customers when I've been a long time customer on autonomy & have never missed a payment.

Jeremy V (Twin) Sarasota, FL

Just as I stated in my reviews of Xfinity's other services, everything is excellent. Top notch. I never have an issue with speed or connection or outages. They offer many amenities to assist in security, speed testing, org. of devices,hotspot location/connection,etc. The only issue being if you run in with a major security breach/issue. Very likely these days.

KC Memphis, TN

I've had Xfinity for years. They offer affordable internet packages. I rated Xfinity 4 stars because customer service need to be improved. As a customer I'd rather speak to an actual person verses a bot.

Alex Indianapolis, IN

I am so glad to be rid of these scumbags now that AT&T has laid fiber. Every year, or every few months, calling in to b***c about rate variances or negotiate a new agreement. Paltry ~400 down on a "gigabit" down line, and wimpy 35 up with a 25 ping? I thought you were the elite of the elite! Went to a store to get a D3.1 gateway that could do bridge mode without double NAT. Not a soul in the place had the foggiest idea what I was talking about. Nor did the overseas CSR's. Best way forward here was always to call in and tell the automated system you want to cancel service, then proceed with your regular request with the stateside rep. The most disgusting tendency I have observed on the part of Comcast is predatory sales to seniors. I volunteer tech support. Nearly every one of them who are Comcast customers have HBO et al, gigabit, premium security, TDMA/CDMA backup, just maxed out everything because the commissioned sales rep has nothing to lose and everything to gain. We are talking beige computers here. It took them 3 months to bury a cable. They did a good job, but the utility locators' flags and marks were loooong gone. Luck of the draw. Oh, and it can cost you more to own a modem than to rent a gateway. Traffic shaping, anyone? Routinely hit higher speeds on a WireGuard VPN than a naked connection. I have spent so much time talking to their customer service that I have the jargon down and often come in knowing more than the idi--the person on the other end of the line. Fortunately other mega corps are encroaching on their territory with better tech, better bandwidth. Kind of a frying pan > fire proposition here. These lords of coax have reigned over we serfs and collected extortionist fees, to what end? Did they improve the grid? No, they bought Disney. Good luck with that.

Gema Ortiz Orem, UT

Reliable, constant and fast. I have used Comcast Xfinity since 2005 for different reasons. It has been a very reliable service. Technicians are often dispatch within reasonable times, and options

Alicia Rivero Dallas, TX

I have had Comcast internet in Georgia and have always been pretty satisfied with the service itself. I do not like how the company requires you to contact them if you want to upgrade your equipment as well as take it back to them to exchange it.

John A Jacksonville, FL

We are with Comcast as they were the only internet provider who would dig a trench and lay a cable to our office and home. We originally had AT&T, but they had raised their rates to an outstanding number and we saved several hundreds switching to Comcast.

Deborah Borst Hanover, PA

I've been with Comcast Xfinity Internet and they offer the Comcast Essentials for those of us on disability or financial hardship and anytime I have an issue which is very rare they are ready to help me troubleshoot and fix the problem and revealing as well their customer service is wonderful and helpful

Cindy Chism Jacksonville, FL

There are really only 2 companies in my area, Comcast Xfinity and AT&T. I've had Comcast Xfinity for approximately 10 years now. The service has been consistent. The installation was a nightmare because they sub that out so you don't get someone who works for Comcast but Joe Schmo from down the block. The customer service is spotty. Sometimes you get someone really helpful on the phone and sometimes you someone who can't be bothered and you wonder why they came to work. Since there are only the 2 companies and AT&T is worse, I've got Comcast.

Bud Helgevold Grand Rapids, MI

They didn't complete the installation. Spoke with 7 different representatives without a resolution. Won't remove equipment from my property. Set up an appointment but no one showed. Unethical business practices.

Alethea DeMarco Shreveport, LA

I like the fact there friendly I don’t like the fact that when you call on weekend you can never get anyone

Jennifer Sanchez Chicago, IL

Worst company. Customer service sucks. They put their machines to text you , so they won’t have to deal with you. They rip you off after paying the extra fee for breaking the contract a month before it’s over and still charge you the next month like you still have service and don’t want to pay you back . Bunch of rip offs

Colleen Virginia Beach, VA

They had the speeds I needed for my home office and when my bill increased unexoectedly, they would work with me for a new plan.

GeorgieMom Portland, OR

Internet is reliable and rarely has outages. However, I have to make contact each year and threaten to cancel service to stay in a reasonable price range. It is also frustrating that the best deals require bundling when I do not necessarily need these other services.

M T Buffalo Grove, IL

Horrible prices, horrible customer service. I only gave it 3 stars because its the only service in my apartment complex and without them, id have nothing. Still horrible service though and very limited options for such a high price.

Tara Gillispie Hurricane, WV

Comcast Xfinity internet is the absolute best internet provider in my area. They have the fastest speeds, the best equipment, and customer service is always excellent to deal with.

JCWales Denver, CO

I switched to Comcast business approximately in March of 2021.. Though we have had some outages, the company was out and took care of the issue immediately. They have gone above and beyond in areas of customer service such as clarifying Speed and in helping to locate lines.

Amanda N Blake Maxwell Harriman, TN

I love comcast don’t get me wrong. I do think they overcharge for services. I did have a package plan but, ended up getting Netflix && enjoyed it so much I kept it. I found I was watching it move then regular television. I just had a basic package && of wanted to save on my bills so I move it around to where I just have internet && WiFi. I saved a lot of money doing this. I had been paying like $300 for a package with basic cable, phone && internet. I done the phone because it made it a tad bit cheaper with the plan then what it would have cost me just getting the internet && cable. We did have an issue with how the cable was ran && had to wait WEEKS because I had to make an appointment for it to be fixed. Unfortunately, if you find yourself in that situation && have to wait weeks without service you still have to pay it. They won’t credit your account or anything. I have thought about switching services because they’re painfully expensive.

David Drake Shelbyville, IN

It’s a nice company but sometimes I get so busy I forget about the little people but if I have any questions and called him they take time to help me and guide me in the right place I don’t go for the fast Internet I go for the basic and that I don’t do no gaming I just like to look at emails hoping that my kids or grandkids will send me something they have been very reliable for the last five or six years and I have been very happy with them and so has my wife give them a try they got specials they got bundles they got deals

Shelley Steed Knoxville, TN

I'm very pleased with my Xfinity internet account. I qualify for their Internet Essentials plan; which is for low income people. It's $9.99/month for a very minimal speed but it's always been satisfactory for me. Internet access is critical because it makes information, jobs, healthcare, groceries, and other resources available to me. I can only remember one outage over the past year+ and they are very proactive when it does occur. I only hear from them when necessary... 99% of the time everything runs smoothly from the internet connection itself, to auto-payments, and even their 5-star app! It's really a world-class app because it provides seamless, automated troubleshooting for the the service, live information when validating service, and support for the connection of peripherals such as smart tv's and cell phones. One time I received notification of an offer from Xfinity and I had to make a brief call to their customer service department to confirm my acceptance of a benefit... the representative was respectful, knowledgeable, and efficient. I'm just very pleased with Xfinity.

cathy beasley Livingston, TN

The internet is great I have no complaints. The customer service is so awesome. I had 1 issue and it was fixed in matter of minutes. When we first got it we had problems with alot of internet outages we would call and the automotive system let us know they were working on it and a time it should be back to working . That was pretty cool I thought. However they must have fixed alot of the bugs because we rarely have issues anymore with it going out. I recommend their service to everyone and anyone I hear asking about changing services from whom they were having issues with. With that I definatly send alot of potential customers Xfinity way. Only by my choice . I highly recommend xfinity !!

I dislike synchrony bank this much -- I created an account just to leave a review Atlanta, GA

Best internet service I've ever had. Fast as lightning. Very reliable. Xfinity also has this really awesome FREE wifi you can take with you -- xfinity wifi that's part of your monthly pricing plan. I actually RENT a box because it is easy to set up, and is wireless. Wireless routers have a lifespan of 2 years. If you buy one, you will have to replace it every 2 years (Which pretty much costs the same as renting it). I recommend having a battery back up (for electronics) especially Internet, in case you have any electrical issues in your house, so your Internet will stay up even during an outtage.

Andrew Glover Tucson, AZ

Amazing reliability. Awesome customer service. Blazingly fast speeds and top notch technology offered in their equipment. Their prices are higher than other companies and in most areas it seems as though they have a monopoly over the cable and internet, but i've never had a problem after my promotional pricing expires with them reconfiguring my plan into another promo pricing period to keep my services maxed and my bill minimized. If you have trouble over the phone, find a physical service location, as they are much more helpful there, than the phone service is, and always take your equipment with you, because they might have newer models and they'll swap out boxes fast and easy so you have the latest tech,

Tuchette Torres-Lee Leesburg, GA

My service was always disrupted. They have issues during storms. Poor customer service. Not helpful. The reps are outsourced so it’s difficult to communicate with them. We relocated and they took money for breaking the contract. Refunded me $1.

Teon Hall Washington, DC

I love the internet essentials of $9.95 I guess you get what you pay for. The internet freezes a lot and at times runs slow. Its multiple appliances using at once, why cant it be as good as businesses

Mark Karmco

When you ask for a reasonable or lower price they always say you have the lowest , and tell you you have so many channels. That's true , I have more channels than you can believe ! BUT 3/4 of them are music, and Spanish channels ! I don't speak Spanish! I'm a senior citizen and try to live on SS can't keep going like this will have to shut TV down. My only source of local, world, news and religious .

Steve Portland, OR

Xfinity seems to have become more reasonable on charges. However, I'd like a bit more flexibility on packages to get Internet. In any case, they are pretty reliable.

Renee Brady Atlanta, GA

Have been trying for 2 hours on phone to get internet service, still don't have it. Sorriest customer service.

william reichart Scranton, PA

Love Comcast service,my install was fast and the guy was nice to me and my dogs!They're a little slow on the phone but it was way worse when we had Atlantic Broadband

Poor Modesto, CA

I will never in my lifetime use this company again. At a very sad and crucial time in my life, and family member dying, I was slightly late with my cellphone bill, and this company simply shut down my ability to text out, call out, only receiving texts from themSELVES. I HAD A BUNDLE SERVICE, with TV, phone and internet. The prices changed constantly. I went INTO THE EXFINITY STORE, to talk to a person about these changes, several times, and was lied to each time. Finally I took all the equipment back, that was refurbished anyway, and closed my account. I confronted the person who opened the original account, because he lied about every. Single. Thing. It has been over a year, and still there are solicitations to come back. The worst experience in my life with a provider.

Caleb Littleton, CO

For xfinity, internet speeds are awesome. Customer service is not. It is very difficult to speak with a real person (all of my attempts resulted in a typed chat at best). The story below details an undeclared, erroneous bill. Business practices in this arena are a bit shady. The primary issue related to customer service resulted after my personally owned Netgear CAX80 malfunctioned into a bricked status. I had extensively searched solutions as well as attempted troubleshooting with netgear support prior to the xfinity service visit . The reason for scheduling the xfinity tech’s visit stemmed from hopes that all was not lost (it’s a router modem priced around $450). The xfinity website made no mention of any charges that applied. Had I been aware of the charge, I never would have scheduled. Following the 5 minute visit with a single service tech, the conclusion echoed all I had previously run through, and this router/modem indeed had bricked. Some time later, I am notified by email of an upcoming bill, indicating the tech’s visit involves a charge of $100. No quote, no disclosure prior, this is surprising news. Following this realization, not much luck resulted from reaching out. Phone calls are automated, and everything gets routed to a live chat or text session. Each active session terminated once it was clear I was interested in a refund. Looking to an xfinity forum for further information, the replies consisted of statements from helpful people and xfinity employees with “you signed a contract that probably had language in it” and “if a tech visits to inspect hardware not belonging to xfinity, the customer gets charged.” Perhaps I breezed over that information in the contract? Even so, this frustrating concept of essentially “purchasing” a service without any idea there was a price tag on the visit carries a bad taste. I definitely wouldn’t have scheduled a visit if the cost was made known. After further looking into this, the pricing information can hardly be counted as “in the contract.” Here is what I discovered and posted in the forum: “ Pricing information is not easy to find. It isn’t even “in” the contract per se. In order to view the applicable information, an imbedded link in the contract must be accessed (redirects to the “xfinity residential services agreement”), where a second imbedded link must be accessed, where three more pathing steps must be taken in order to observe the “residential pricing list” for the customer’s state. Supposing a customer had the wherewithal to know anything about such an obscure pathing, my situation is still in the weeds. A “trouble call” is listed at $50.00 per technician, per hour. The situation described involved one technician for about 5 minutes, yet the charge posted to my account is $100.00.” Responses on the forum went further to then deny the existence of these established pricing agreements…pricing agreements which I had just been informed were the basis of the visit’s charge…which now do not apply…Somehow. It was a good run. After this experience with Xfinity’s customer service, and once my contract ends, I will definitely pursue alternate internet service options. There’s little in the way of customer loyalty or satisfaction when a business is not upfront with costs.

Charles Cheek Miami, FL

Comcast Xfinity Internet is not as good a value as AT&T. They increase the price of service without warning after you have been with them for a year. They will not reduce their price unless you cancel your service and turn in equipment. Then they beg you to come back for a introductory price. The more loyal you are as a customer the more they charge you they just keep increasing their prices w/o warning. plus the Internet speeds slow way down in the late afternoon until bedtime because they have a lot of traffic and more customers on the network

Amanda Slezak

Internet was great. Customer service was pretty good. Didn't have any real issues with them. Just a few technical difficulties that's all. Had this service forever ago when I lived in Florida.

Sharon Jackson Davison, MI

I loved being able to combine Internet, phone & cable. The pricing was reasonable and affordable for a single elder person, as myself. I’d choose XFINITY ALWAYS over this new streaming thing ppl are using.

Jean DeVenney

I currently have Comcast Xfinity Internet and am satisfied with the service. they are quick to answer any questions I have, the installation was flawless, the internet connection is strong and consistent.

nettie maureen tompkins Houston, TX

I had service with them for about 4 years beginning with a reasonable plan for $140. Soon the price starting to go up. If I would try to delet some because of the price increase they would offer something for a little less. By the time I gave up the price was very near doubled. Our yearly contract was up and we were moving so it seemed like a good time to quit. I called with the dated we wanted it turned off. About a week in advance. We get a bill for another month and they turned me in to the credit bureau.

miranda dellinger Bloomington, IN

The internet itself was spotty. Customer service would try to pull tricks untill you just shut down and dont budge then maybe they will help you. The reps i had come out to my home and fix things were however always very helpful and kind. The cost wasnt horrible but also not great. If i didnt split it with roommates and it was out only option i would not have gotten this service. They also still continued to charge me after i had canceled my service which was extremely frustrating.

Carol Ford Eugene, OR

We use Comcast internet service only, not the cable portion. We’ve had this service for over 10 years and it’s worked great. We do limited gaming so if the family has multiple gamers I cannot comment on the speed.

Thawkes2017 AL

I have had zero problems with my Internet service. I give them ten stars and recommend for everyone to make the switch. My Internet service has never had major disruptions, and works AMAZING! We have Internet and phone service.

Megan Deaner White Lake, MI

I called Xfinity customer service and spoke with Maureen over the phone to cancel my services. Maureen was very friendly, and informative. Definition of true customer service. Thank you Maureen for offering the best customer service I have seen in so long.

kristina Hensley Knoxville, TN

I've had better service. Seeing as I love in the boondocks this service is awful

Sharon Bordinat

Fast response to fix issues involving your service.

Kimberly R Williams- Crawford

I was use wifi for my video phone upgrade

Life of Frog South Bend, IN

Customer service reps can be pretty crappy on the phone and they always seem like it is an inconvenience to help you, the paying customer, but the service for tv, internet, and streaming services cant be beat. Yes, it is pricey, but the high speed internet is what really makes the monthly cost worth it. Had other tv and internet providers before and they were crap compared to Comcast Xfinity.

KB Henrico, VA

Comcast was one of the best internet and cable company in usa but their price was high. And their internet services does not always good in my location especially the bedrooms. I complained to comcast and they gave me a reduced price deal.