Comcast is a major force in the telecommunications industry because of its large service area and the sheer number of customers it has served. If you've ever researched internet packages, Comcast has likely come up.

The company's regular rates start at $49.95 per month. You can bundle TV, phone, and home security services with its internet.

View Xfinity Reviews

The Comcast Company has two major parts: Comcast Cable and NBC Universal. These two parts work together to bring all of the various types of media to homes across the United States.

Xfinity is a part of Comcast Cable and brings phone, TV service, home automation, and high-speed internet to customers. A variety of package options are available depending on the speeds and features accessible in your area.

Xfinity has a commitment to great service that is backed by a money-back guarantee.

The Good

• High Speeds
  • High Availability
  • Security
  • Xfinity Bundle Advantages
  • Contract-Free Option

High Speeds

Xfinity Internet offers some of the highest speeds in the industry. Its internet plans are organized by speed.

• 15 Mbps ($29.99 per month)
  • 60 Mbps ($29.99–$66.95 per month)
  • 150 Mbps ($44.99 per month)
  • 250 Mbps ($59.99 per month)
  • 400 Mbps ($60–$74.99 per month)
  • 1,000 Mbps ($70 per month)
  • 2,000 Mbps ($299.95 per month)

Some plans may not be available in some areas. Pricing may also vary depending on your location and desired contract length, and these prices can change depending on your timing.

Equipment, installation, and activation fees also apply in some cases. More on that below.

High Availability

Since Xfinity is a large entity in the ISP industry, it covers a huge area across the United States: it's available in 39 states. With that large area coverage comes a lot of variation in upload speeds and download speeds available to you.

Xfinity doesn't have solid available speeds until it conducts a speed test for a specific address. This can be an obstacle if you're looking at internet options but aren't certain about your future zip code.

But, it's also a benefit because customers don't have to pay a fee for a certain speed package unavailable in their area. The price for an internet plan depends on the internet speed that's available; you won't overpay for Mbps that you're not receiving in your location.

When choosing a speed, you should consider whether multiple devices will access the internet. Xfinity provides general package information to give you an idea of what you might pay for certain areas.

Security

Along with quick internet speeds for reasonable prices, Xfinity also promises internet security.

Xfinity has partnered with Norton Antivirus to bring their customers online protection. These security measures are easily downloaded onto any computer or device once the you've chosen your package.

The cost for this software is included in the monthly Xfinity bill. There is no additional charge for this security service.

Free security is a big bonus which could keep you safe from theft and viruses.

Bundling Advantages

Like many other internet service providers, Xfinity offers additional services, like cable, in addition to its high-speed internet.

But if you think cable is antiquated, that's not your only bundling option with Xfinity. Xfinity has the option for customers to stream hundreds of channels and videos to view in their own homes through Xfinity TV service, the Xfinity Stream app, Xfinity Instant TV, or Xfinity Cable TV.

Xfinity packages offer the customer more than one of these services. If you choose to add on more services through Xfinity, they're typically bundled at a lower price. This is a huge benefit if you're hunting for several new services, but it's a downside if you're not.

If you strictly want internet service, you might be missing out on some promotions and better deals.

Contract-Free Option

If you don't plan on staying with Xfinity, or if you plan on moving shortly, you can choose an Xfinity plan with no contract. Customers who choose this option will pay a higher monthly rate, but this is a convenient choice for those who dislike being locked into a contract that may raise rates.

The Bad

• Data Limits
  • Fees
  • State Coverage

Data Limits

Xfinity does not offer unlimited data. It has implemented data limits. Some of these data caps are as high as 1 TB.

Xfinity also requires a one- to two-year contract on many of its packages. Some other internet service providers do not have data limits or require contracts, so if you're wary of committing to an ISP long-term, so this may offputting.

Fees

Xfinity's service has a few costs that customers consider hidden fees. While these aren't technically "hidden fees" because they are mentioned in Xfinity's contracts, users sometimes see them as abrupt and unfair:

• Installation fee. This can be negotiable, but technicians typically charge a $60.00 fee to install Xfinity. Customers can opt for a do-it-yourself kit for a cheaper cost.
  • Reactivation fee. If a customer temporarily turns off their service, Xfinity charges a small reactivation fee.
  • Equipment fee. If you choose to rent Xfinity gateway, the provider's 2-in-1 modem/router, you'll pay a monthly rental price. Customers looking to lower their bill should purchase their own compatible equipment upfront.
  • Xfinity TV fees. Xfinity charges several fees for add-on TV service, including premium channels and DVR.
  • Late payment fee. Xfinity will charge an add-on of $10.00 if a customer pays their bill late.
  • Early termination fee. Xfinity Internet offers customers a 1-year contract where their price is locked in for that year. However, if the customer needs to end the contract early, they are subject to an early termination fee.

More fees might apply depending on your plan. Check your specific Xfinity package, and be aware that many rates are negotiable.

State Coverage

While Xfinity is available in 39 states, some of its competitors are available in all 50. These variables can be a disadvantage and a reason that customers search for other internet service providers for their needs.

The Bottom Line

If you're looking at a few different internet service providers, it can be frustrating to figure out what type of package you can get in your area and how much you'll have to pay. Xfinity requires a contract, has data limits, and isn't available in all 50 states.

However, customers who choose Xfinity Internet will enjoy a host of benefits and features like Norton Antivirus software, access to hotspots across the country, and a money-back guarantee. We recommend checking out Xfinity's services to see if they are a good fit for you.

Be sure you understand the terms of your internet service agreement and whether there are additional fees, like an installation fee or surcharges for a modem and router.

3.3

Kenna
November 13th, 2019 Brigham City, UT DETAILS

We’re very disappointed in Comcast and their customer service. We were planning on switching to them for internet. They gave us a better rate and better speeds. We had a day scheduled for them to come out and install it. We received a text letting us know our tech was here. We also got a notification from our house cameras that someone was at our house. As we waited for them to come to the door we received another text saying “no one was home” we then reviewed our cameras and the tech never even got out of the van were very very disappointed with your customer service. Obviously your company doesn’t care about their customers or expanding.

Kathryn Robinson
November 11th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

We have Comcast Xfinity Internet and it is definitely worth a little extra compared to other discount internet providers (which I have tried in the past). The customer service is great and we have never had a problem with service being down.

Mellissa
November 11th, 2019 Greeneville, TN DETAILS

We have had a few issues with comcast from time to time. But our service is usually great. Just not very good on communication skills.

Erma Ash
November 8th, 2019 Carmichael, CA DETAILS

Can't deal with their customer service! I had cell phone and internet. I called in May 2019 to cancel my phone service and the gal I talked to said after I paid the amount that she was telling me it would be cancelled before June. I started my new service May 30, 2019. I got 2 emails in Oct for my mobile phone saying I owe them money. On November 6 they showed it as an automatic payment which I did not authorize and took money out of my bank account. That is like stealing money from me. There should be some accountability from them. They are crooks!! I will cancel with them all together! I am just telling the truth!!

Sara S
November 8th, 2019 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS

I have flip flopped from Comcast and At&t but I always find myself liking Comcast much more. They have the fastest internet speeds in the business and their cable packages are pretty decent for the money. Sometimes they will charge random fees but if you call them, their customer service will help you out.

Brendan Pena
November 7th, 2019 Evans, CO DETAILS

Horrible service as a whole, very inconsistent. Decent when it works but goes out too often.

Jon Posey
November 7th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

I am in a love hate with Xfinity. When it works and I am getting 300 down I am happy. When we have random outages, or when I do a speed check and I am getting .06 down (no joke, it happened) it sucks. Problem is I have no choice, only Xfinity is available in my area.

Eric Smith
November 7th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS

I have to have good internet for my work and Xfinity provides the best service and high speeds.

Crystal Edwards
November 5th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We have had this service for over 4 years. It has provided stable and reliable internet. We were just upgraded to a higher speed at no charge!

abby becht
October 31st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Xfinity has its ups and downs. You can get internet access from many places, however their customer service is hard to work with.

Hannah O.
October 28th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Okay, let's start of with saying that they rope you in by giving you a good deal for a decent price. Then they just straight up mess you up. WOOOORST customer service and just everyone that works there must know they have some sort of deal with evil. All they want is to slowly take all your money. My bill for the same service went up by $60/per month. That's insane! That's $720/year FOR THE SAME EXACT SERVICE. I am never one to leave reviews or complain but they have driven me to fury and frustration. I have tried to talk to them, find out why, and all I get are rude, vague responses. Then, I have constant outages. To be fair, they will give you $5 back on your bill if this occurs for a whole day. YET, why is this occurring??? Because they are just unreliable and bad. Then they will charge you for equipment which you never got and sneak it into your bill without telling you. OH AND I FORGOT TO MENTION, THEY NEVER TELL YOU WHEN THEY ARE UPPING YOUR BILL (FOR NO APPARENT REASON) EITHER!!! Needless to say, I am canceling. Which the process of doing that is a disaster. They are like a company run by evil. If you have the chance, DO NOT EVER START WITH COMCAST/XFINITY. It will haunt you, frustrate you, and cost a lot of money!!! I am appalled and frankly just angry!

Bethany Simko
October 21st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

They are an excellent internet service provider and the hotspots all over are incredibly convenient

Alex Shirley
October 17th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We have had many problems with our internet, it can sometimes run really well but we have had many times where the internet crashed, and we needed to reset the box.

Jen
October 16th, 2019 Clarks Summit, PA DETAILS

Just got xfinity hooked up. Still getting used to it. Don’t like how it doesn’t have the same channels as DVT. Also, when watching tv, our volume gets really low and we cannot hear. Then it comes back up really loud. Tried to fix the audio but no luck.

Creed Sharpee
October 15th, 2019 Windsor, CO DETAILS

The service is amazing, I had a few issues with random disconnects at first but after a few months it's been running great for years. They've upped my speed 3 times for no extra cost and I can download full PC games in 5 minutes. The ping stays consistent with most servers around 15 to 30ms which is great by my standards. Overall I have nothing bad to say about Xfinity.

Davis Kartchner
October 15th, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS

Comcast charges way too much for their subpar product and has awful customer service. The wifi constantly goes out and causes the tv programs to go out as well. Do not recommend it!

Aliza Henline
October 15th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

On one hand- I love how it has always been easy to receive service with Xfinity.. the guy always comes and is super helpful and friendly. But on the other hand- I have had to reset our Xfinity modum just DOZENS of times and it gets frustrating.

Chad Carman
October 14th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We had comcast before our current internet service provider and it was not good at all. The internet was terribly slow, therefore my family and I got really frustrated. Would not recommend.

Cassandra
October 11th, 2019 Sunnyvale, CA DETAILS

Xfinity provides internet, but not outstanding internet. We are in an apartment and have two people using the internet, and it will randomly stop working or slow down. It gets the job done usually, but not super impressed!

Mary
October 9th, 2019 Clarks Summit, PA DETAILS

We have this company now as our internet provider simply because they offered the 'fastest' internet service. Idk, to me it seems to be very slow a lot of the times especially at night. I have asked other customers that are my neighbors and they say the same thing.

AKHIL ARRA
October 7th, 2019 Fremont, CA

I requested for a service that's going to start after 3 weeks and after 13 days when I visit to the store a representative mentioned that my order has been cancelled on the day I opted in, there is no notification or intimation saying my order is being cancelled. Now I might not have the same plan and also need to go through for another credit check and worst thing I didn't even receive the money I paid initially and have to pay again. Customer care says it's the system which automatically cancels the service as I didn't picked up my router within 10 days which I never got to know saying I have to pick up my router in 10 days. Such an awful service to the new customers and I'm worried now how they are gonna treat the customers who are already part of Xfinity.

Meredith anderson
October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Never had a major issue with the service. Anything I have needed was taken care of quickly.

Amy Boren
October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Connection within our home is fine. Every now and then we have problem with downloading movies on the tv that is related to the connection. Wish is was faster and more reliable.

Jon Scoresby
October 7th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

The service was always pretty good. One issue was the customer service seemed to always try to upsale me.

Ellie
October 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Awesome customers service! They really step up the game! We have no complains. Very fast internet service

Don Boren
October 3rd, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

The connection speed is always excellent. I didn't like their router because it didn't have enough outputs for hard-wire ethernet connections.

Cathy Lloyd
October 3rd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We have had this service for years. It seems to be the fastest internet service and they are very quick to respond to problems.

Ashlyn Cann
October 3rd, 2019 Alpine, UT DETAILS

Pretty happy with the service. There will be occasional outages, but they are resolved rather quickly.

Cynthia Carman
October 2nd, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Xfinity's overall service is pretty good, however there are some times when our internet becomes extremely slow and it sucks to have slow internet. Customer service has always been very helpful though.

mike
October 2nd, 2019 Springville, UT DETAILS

Good service, but very expensive. I think I could save money by switching. They do have good support.

October 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

well since this is the only high speed internet company that uses cable wires instead of phone lines in my area they are my only option. very very expensive and being that I live in a community we all have one line coming in. the money that it cost and the services provided don't match up for my liking. wish we had a competition company that uses cable lines we would not have a monopoly and maybe the cable company would put in some 7 instead of 5 coax cable lines.

Tony Gibson
October 2nd, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I use Xfinity for my internet service at both work and at home. I've tried a couple of other services, but Xfinity is just faster and more reliable. They respond quickley to any issues and have been good to work with.

Jennifer Stout
October 1st, 2019 Alpine, UT DETAILS

I use the WiFi app to help limit my kids device usage. It works fast and reliable.

Melissa Riviere
October 1st, 2019 Clarks Summit, PA DETAILS

Xfinity has the monopoly where we live in N.E. PA. Our hi-speed cable has been consistently good, but it is overpriced.

Chy
September 30th, 2019 Colchester, VT DETAILS

I would give lower if I could. Ever since 2008 we’ve had Comcast. It’s our only option in the area and it’s horrible. Internet cuts out constantly. We’ve used three different routers and every time our service doesn’t work they blame the routers no matter how often we switch them.

Nic
September 30th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS

Customer service is horrible, trying to cancel an account is an even more horrific experience. I tried to cance my account on the first of August and they charged me for using the internet until October so I was charged for multiple months after I sent the router back and called twice to cancel.

Kostas Fotinopoulos
September 27th, 2019 League City, TX DETAILS

Need to let people know that there is an unlimited plan . instead of charging overages for over a year

Jason
September 26th, 2019 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS

I got charged for internet months after I had cancelled the service. Customer representatives agreed that I had been incorrectly charged and that I would be refunded. After three different phone calls with representatives, all agreeing that I would be refunded, I have yet to receive a refund.

Ted Johnson
September 23rd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Comcast Xfinity is my internet company that I use and I haven't been disappointed. They have very reliable service, that I can use throughout my home. I can use many devices at once and still everyone is happy and there is no delay. Love my service plan.

Alyssa Boren
September 23rd, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Very good speed of service. I didn't like the router because it didn't have enough outlets for what I needed. I like how you can monitor the WIFI on your phone.

J. Mack
September 19th, 2019 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS

I'm not getting anywhere near the connection speed that I pay for. I have a 1gig plan and when I run speed tests I get 35mps AT BEST.

Helen Macfarlane
September 19th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Xfinity has been reliable and consistent. I had some trouble setting things up when we first moved but the customer service was helpful and everything was resolved quickly.

David wood
September 18th, 2019 Fort Campbell, TN DETAILS

I have Xfinity wifi and had placed it on season hold while I was deployed in iraq then while I was in iraq the company charged me for wifi I didn't even use over 200 I spoke to customer service about it and they denied my claim to get that amount removed even though they knew I was deployed and used none of that internet would not recommend anyone use they services as they show no care for soldiers deployed

Dmitry Kaminsky
September 17th, 2019 Lake Zurich, IL DETAILS

1. Takes them 4 visits to make ANYTHING work. 2. Call with a question about upgrade. Tech one starts arguing and hangs up when I ask for supervisor. Tech 2 name September, sells me the HD service, assuring me that it will work on my TV. It does not. Puts me in touch with tech support. 3. Tech Christine says "we do not know if it will work" I ask for supervisor. She puts me on hold for over 45 minutes.

Madison Scott
September 16th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We have been customers for quite a while but there are very few other options in our neighborhood for internet providers. For the amount of money, we pay the upload and download speeds are pathetic.

Ron Durfey
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have loved the service I get with Xfinity internet. However, the price of their service is expensive and they lock you into a contract that you can't get out of very easily. The service is awesome but the price is not.

kristin Gneiting
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have had Comcast Xfinity Internet service for many years. At first it was the only one available in my area, now it is the best in my area. Great speed, easy to stream online with many devices, anywhere in the house. They update things very often and the pricing is the best in the business.

ave
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Its awesome I love that even if you don't have Exfinity TV you still get to pay for wifi and they're wifi is just about everywhere!

Ad
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I recently switched to Xfinity internet. So far the quality and speed of internet service has been good. Setting up my account was easy and the installation of the modem was easy too.

Randy Scoville
September 6th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

Our current internet is not good. We have contacted Comcast twice to have them offer us internet. However, we are at the end of a street and they don't have a line run close enough for us. We asked for a line to be run, but said it will cost $15000 to do so, and we'd have to pay for it. Too bad, because our whole street would be customers.