Comcast Xfinity Internet Logo

Comcast Xfinity Internet

9.0

Comcast is a major force in the telecommunications industry because of its large service area and the sheer number of customers it has served. If you've ever researched internet packages, Comcast has likely come up.

The company's regular rates start at $49.95 per month. You can bundle TV, phone, and home security services with its internet.

View Xfinity Reviews

The Comcast Company has two major parts: Comcast Cable and NBC Universal. These two parts work together to bring all of the various types of media to homes across the United States.

Xfinity is a part of Comcast Cable and brings phone, TV service, home automation, and high-speed internet to customers. A variety of package options are available depending on the speeds and features accessible in your area.

Xfinity has a commitment to great service that is backed by a money-back guarantee.

The Good

• High Speeds
  • High Availability
  • Security
  • Xfinity Bundle Advantages
  • Contract-Free Option

High Speeds

Xfinity Internet offers some of the highest speeds in the industry. Its internet plans are organized by speed.

• 25 Mbps (~$40 per month)
  • 100 Mbps (~$45 per month)
  • 200 Mbps (~$60 per month)
  • 300 Mbps (~$70 per month)
  • 600 Mbps (~$80 per month)
  • 1,000 Mbps (~$84.99– $90 per month)
  • 2,000 Mbps (~$299.95 per month)

Keep in mind that this pricing information is only for the first 12 months and the pricing will depend on your location and contract length. Some plans may not be available in some areas. These prices can change depending on your timing.

Equipment, installation, and activation fees also apply in some cases—more on that below.

High Availability

Since Xfinity is a large entity in the ISP industry, it covers a huge area across the United States: it's available in 39 states. With that large area coverage comes a lot of variation in upload speeds and download speeds available to you.

Xfinity doesn't have solid available speeds until it conducts a speed test for a specific address. This can be an obstacle if you're looking at internet options but aren't certain about your future zip code.

But, it's also a benefit because customers don't have to pay a fee for a certain speed package unavailable in their area. The price for an internet plan depends on the internet speed that's available; you won't overpay for Mbps that you're not receiving in your location.

When choosing a speed, you should consider whether multiple devices will access the internet. Xfinity provides general package information to give you an idea of what you might pay for certain areas.

Security

Along with quick internet speeds for reasonable prices, Xfinity also promises internet security.

Xfinity has partnered with Norton Antivirus to bring their customers online protection. These security measures are easily downloaded onto any computer or device once you've chosen your package.

The cost of this software is included in the monthly Xfinity bill. There is no additional charge for this security service.

Free security is a big bonus that could keep you safe from theft and viruses.

Bundling Advantages

Like many other internet service providers, Xfinity offers additional services, like cable, in addition to its high-speed internet.

But if you think cable is antiquated, that's not your only bundling option with Xfinity. Xfinity has the option for customers to stream hundreds of channels and videos to view in their own homes through Xfinity TV service, the Xfinity Stream app, Xfinity Instant TV, or Xfinity Cable TV.

Xfinity packages offer the customer more than one of these services. If you choose to add on more services through Xfinity, they're typically bundled at a lower price. This is a huge benefit if you're hunting for several new services, but it's a downside if you're not.

If you strictly want internet service, you might be missing out on some promotions and better deals.

Contract-Free Option

If you don't plan on staying with Xfinity, or if you plan on moving shortly, you can choose an Xfinity plan with no contract. Customers who choose this option will pay a higher monthly rate, but this is a convenient choice for those who dislike being locked into a contract that may raise rates.

The Bad

• Data Limits
  • Fees
  • State Coverage

Data Limits

Xfinity does not offer unlimited data. It has implemented data limits. Some of these data caps are as high as 1 TB.

Xfinity also requires a one- to two-year contract on many of its packages. Some other internet service providers do not have data limits or require contracts, so if you're wary of committing to an ISP long-term, so this may offputting.

Fees

Xfinity's service has a few costs that customers consider hidden fees. While these aren't technically "hidden fees" because they are mentioned in Xfinity's contracts, users sometimes see them as abrupt and unfair:

• Installation fee. This can be negotiable, but technicians typically charge a $60.00 fee to install Xfinity. Customers can opt for a do-it-yourself kit for a cheaper cost.
  • Reactivation fee. If a customer temporarily turns off their service, Xfinity charges a small reactivation fee.
  • Equipment fee. If you choose to rent Xfinity gateway, the provider's 2-in-1 modem/router, you'll pay a monthly rental price. Customers looking to lower their bill should purchase their own compatible equipment upfront.
  • Xfinity TV fees. Xfinity charges several fees for add-on TV service, including premium channels and DVR.
  • Late payment fee. Xfinity will charge an add-on of $10.00 if a customer pays their bill late.
  • Early termination fee. Xfinity Internet offers customers a 1-year contract where their price is locked in for that year. However, if the customer needs to end the contract early, they are subject to an early termination fee.

You might also see fees such as a Broadcast TV fee, Federal Universal Service Fund (FUSF) fee, Regional Sports Network fee, Rental fee, and more. Check your specific Xfinity package, and be aware that many rates are negotiable.

State Coverage

While Xfinity is available in 39 states, some of its competitors are available in all 50. These variables can be a disadvantage and a reason that customers search for other internet service providers for their needs.

The Bottom Line

If you're looking at a few different internet service providers, it can be frustrating to figure out what type of package you can get in your area and how much you'll have to pay. Xfinity requires a contract, has data limits, and isn't available in all 50 states.

However, customers who choose Xfinity Internet will enjoy a host of benefits and features like Norton Antivirus software, access to hotspots across the country, and a money-back guarantee. We recommend checking out Xfinity's services to see if they are a good fit for you.

Be sure you understand the terms of your internet service agreement and whether there are additional fees, like an installation fee or surcharges for a modem and router.

3.2

R. SCO Norfolk, VA

Over priced for very average service. I had them until I lived at a rental home that I had to move out of. Owners wanted to sell home. I had autopay and paided every month with no issues. A month and half later my bank account had a random withdrawal of $231.00. I called Comcast and they claimed i had a left over bill (but I was on autopay the entire time) and I was charged a early termination fee. By the way, they have my forwarding address tosend any final bill. They made excuses and only refunded me $140 for the early termination fee (in store credit). If you have to deal with them, try not to provide bank info. They will debit you without warning

zagato romero San Francisco, CA

Great connection never had problem with internet , download music or movies ,the best thing is the tones of movies people can watch thru the apps that xfinity offers such hbo max

Baltimore Baltimore, MD

Slow speeds despite paying A LOT for high speed internet. Issues with router connection or data or whatever failure on behalf of Xfinity thus losing internet in the middle of work meetings. The tools they have to reconnect are a huge waste of time and don’t do anything to fix to issues. Had to spam text OUTAGE to 266278 and for some reason that worked to IMMEDIATELY get my internet connected.

Raven Brodsky New York, NY

Over priced and be very careful of the wording in the contract. Two years of less bandwidth (unless I was on at midnight or later) due to saturated area traffic was infuriating. Especially when I could ping test it and see I got what I paid for less than a third of the time I was using my internet. And I couldn't get someone else for service because I was locked in for two years or had to pay a extra fee. (I bit the bullet and paid that fee eventually.)

Gg Bristol, CT

Expensive expensive,expensive. Great customer service a solid 10. If they had a plan that didn’t cost a arm and a leg they would be king. Great on demand but movies they offer daily are old and stale.

Wendy Smullin Logan, UT

Comcast Xfinity Internet is the only internet provider we will use. We needed a quick installation in our new home because my husband is self-employed. Their customer service was so helpful getting it set up for us! The technician was very informative, educating my husband the entire time. The speed is perfect for our needs as we run a business, work from home and occasionally have online schooling all going at once. The price is excellent for the package that we have.

Kelsi Johnson Denver, CO

Wish no stars was an option I went to xfinity thinking I would save some money NOT THE CASE as a single mother of 4 still having to collect unemployment due to covid I was in need of a good deal I was quoted $117 a month so tell me why my card has been charged $193 for the last 2 months I only get $315 a week from unemployment this is literally the crappiest service I have ever had and a data cap for $200 a month really?!?! I will be finding a new provider bring me to court send me to collections I do not care I did not agree to almost 200 a month for the worst service in Kansas City

Steve Ashby Portland, OR

We have had Comcast Xfinity for many years. While their service and equipment has improved, I feel like Xfinity is turning into a hub for streaming services and the free local channels. I'm about to access all of the streaming services through the apps feature. Netflix and Amazon are available through the voice feature...other apps don't work with the voice. Equipment updates have gotten much easier, but I still have old equipment attached to the side of my house that they don't want to come get.

Ryan Larsen Logan, UT

We switched to Xfinity internet this past year because we needed faster internet with all our kids at home trying to do school work. They were fast to get it installed and we have not had any issues. The internet is fast and everyone in my family is able to continue working on the internet at the same time.

Jean Pleimann Hollywood, FL

Internet works great in every room. If there is a problem, it is fixed quickly. Good price too.

CancelXfinity Seattle, WA

Do you want great customer service and the fastest speeds possible at an affordable price? Then Xfinity is WRONG for you. If you can, get ANY OTHER SERVICE. Xfinity massively dropped the ball and decided to cancel my service instead of transfer the move as I had requested over A WEEK in advance and left me high and dry without internet while I needed to work from home (not to mention the fact that they implemented data caps in the middle of a global pandemic when EVERYONE needs the internet). I called WaveG in a panic and they were able to just flip a switch and do what Xfinity couldn't do after chatting with five different Xfinity reps and after told I would be on hold for 1 hr and 45 minutes to speak to an actual person. Wave G was able to get me hooked up with GIGABIT internet for the same price I was paying Xfinity for their lousy 200 mb/s. On top of the criminal data caps, Xfinity also had multiple service outages in my area in the summer with zero notice or warning. I was disconnected from several virtual meetings thanks to them. If you want faster service for the same price as Xfinity, want to talk to a REAL person whenever you have issues and not have to wait over an hour on hold to do so, and if you don't want to get disconnected while you are working from home all because Xfinity decides to do their "maintenance" on a weekday when everyone is working from home; then DO NOT choose Xfinity. Go with Wave G or, literally anyone else. Xfinity does not care about their customers. If they did, they wouldn't try to profit during a pandemic by implementing data caps to their customer base and drop people from their accounts without any prior authorization or notice when you just want to transfer your service to a new address. I guess if you want to get out of a 12 month contract with them without paying their early termination fee, just tell them you are moving. They most likely won't actually transfer your service anyway and then you can switch to a better provider. Unless you are a masochist (I'm not judging) that enjoys getting charged for slow speeds and met with horrible customer service whenever you have an issue, don't choose Xfinity. WaveG is offering $60 a month for GIGABIT internet in select areas WITH NO DATA CAPS. Spread the word.

Natalie Holden Hartford, CT

First of all I am Senior Citizen, living on a every low income. Before I signed up with your company I did a little research. I was told that you offer people with low income and I believe medical issues. Of course I asked and was told you guys do not offer such program. I've only been in my apartment 1 year June your company has gone up as of 2021, 2times. All I need is the WIFI. Times are hard. I spoke to on of your reps. He informed me you do have a program called " Internet Essentials " I have proof of my current income situation, I asked to be connected and the young man was hesitant, he placed me in hold only to come back with this story....bottom line, now he tells me I don't qualify. Something is rotten in Denmark

Kanuto Tucson, AZ

Comcast xfinity offers fast internet solutions. The speed and bandwidth is nice to have especially when using video conferencing services. They are dependable and their customer service is excellent!

River Ward Pittsburgh, PA

I went with Xfinity internet because it was priced the best The installer came the next day, and easily installed my router. Very nice, we will continue our service with comcast

Stephanie Byrd Miami, FL

Xfinity internet is one of the most reliable internet providers I’ve encountered. I never experienced any connectivity issues or service interruptions. I know that their customer service is phenomenal so if their is an issue they will be happy to help !

Mariza Tan Alexandria, VA

When I talked to “Joe” & he couldn’t fix my internet speed, he said he’ll connect me to somebody good with internet connection. After waiting to be connected for more than 15 mins. , d line went dead & I’ve never heard from Joe nor that somebody! I was so pissed. Finally after calling customer service several times (talking to a machine is a pain in d neck! It’s faster to talk to a representative!!!) a technician named Jong came to my apartment! He’s d best tech I’ve encountered from Comcast. He dealt & fixed d problem like he’s doing it for his own family! He even came back d 2nd time that day to make sure it’s running well, even fixed d wall socket! I give him lots of credits! Hey Comcast! He deserves a raise! Employees who works for Comcast commented that their customer service sucks! It’s faster to talk to a representative right away than being stupid talking to a machine that u have to repeat everything over & over! It’s annoying & a waste of time! If not for Jong, I would probably switch to another company. That Joe needs to be reprimanded & take a class how to handle customer professionally

AF ,

For where we live, Comcast Xfinity is the absolute best. We rarely have outages or times when it is down and our speeds are really good (we pay more for the faster internet). We're able to stream movies and also computer work without any problems. With the covid pandemic, we're all relying on the internet much much more than ever before!

billyne21 Vancouver, WA

Internet is fairly reliable but far from perfect. The monthly data cap is the worst customer service move of all time. I hate this company for that but coupled with a 2 year contract, there is nothing I can do.

beverly84 ,

the connection the offer is really stable and i like to wide range of plans suiteble for any costumer.- great job guys!

Jhoe ,

I've been using its internet service which is 1000 mbps for the last 3 months in Grand Rapids, MI, and it keeps getting worst. I am only gettting 75 mbps on average per day, and the highest internet speed I've got was 497 mbps in the first month. I contacted them multiple times, and they responded that this shouldn't be happening and that they are sending technicians to fix it right now, but they already sent them three times, and nothing happened. Since I am in a 2-year contract, I can't wait to switch back to AT&T because they were more reliable and the internet speed was very consistent.

ang Milwaukee, WI

I hate that they offer new customers better pricing than exhausting customers. Every year I have to call in to negotiate a new price. It’s a hassle and if I had other options in my area I wouldn’t be a customer.

Mason Allen Pleasant Grove, UT

The internet itself was great when I had it at home. Everything loaded well and when it was working, it worked well. We had a couple run ins with technical issues with the devices and needed people to come and service them.

Megan Reynolds Columbia, MD

If I could rate Xfinity as less than 1 star I would. Our experience has been absolutely terrible. We have unfortunately been customers since 2013. The prices and secret fees ALWAYS go up.. our bill always has weird charges on it and has increased to absurd amounts in the past 2 years. We recently moved to a new house and I made sure to switch the address and take our box and modem with us to the new house on December 24, 2020 where I was assured it would be plug and play. As of today, January 4th, our channels and internet are STILL NOT WORKING. I logged onto the app and saw we now had TWO active accounts. It took me 45 minutes to get an actual human being on the phone. Then another hour where I had to demand to know what they were doing because I was told over and over they were “working” on it. Apparently our service was never DISCONNECTED at the old address where we haven’t lived for over a month. (I have an email literally stating that our address change had been completed and was successful on DECEMBER 24th). THEN I was told that we wouldn’t have any tv or Internet until at least after midnight tonight(January 4th, 2021) because it TAKES TIME to disconnect from the old. THIS SHOULDN'T EVEN BE A THING BECAUSE I ALREADY HAVE CONFIRMATION THIS WAS DONE AND SUCCESSFUL ON DECEMBER 24th. I work from home and have been without internet since December 24th! JUST OUTRAGEOUS! I then told them I wanted to cancel Comcast completely because by this point I had been on the phone for 1 hour and 45 minutes! I was transferred to another person that I was assured could do this for me and was put on hold for another 15 minutes. When I got on the phone with them, they had no idea about anything because the first person did not relay ANY information. I had to re explain EVERYTHING while my little ones screamed in the background because they already wasted 2 hours of our day. I was told they would need my husbands authorization to make changes to the account where they proceeded to put me on hold and call him multiple times while is at work. I told them they would not be able to get a hold of him and by this point had lost my temper and was screaming at the representative about how outrageous this entire ordeal has been. Where I was THEN told I would NOT need my husbands consent to CANCEL the service. Like WHAT THE ACTUAL ?! So now I am beyond angry and will be returning ALL the equipment in an hour. I can’t even stand Xfinity anymore.. they have wasted so much of my time and energy dealing with their ridiculous nonsense. If you don’t want to have a stroke, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NEVER USING COMCAST! Absolutely terrible! I will definitely be posting this review EVERYWHERE I can write a review for Xfinity.

Jacob Holmes Edmonds, WA

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! I called to make a payment, set up arrangements to pay the remaining balance Next week it was all SET &CONFIRMED but the rep said the WRONG TOTAL so I corrected him & he then CONFIRMED the correct Total. I WENT TO MY ACCOUNT TO DOUBLE CHECK & HE OVER CHARGED ME!! Leaving my family with a few $ for the week! I’m Recently laid off waiting for unemployment benefits. I called customer service back & I got a different representative who said he could do nothing and I needed to call back on Monday because management wasn’t in this weekend then I asked him to Please ask his supervisor what to do since it was their fault and then he put me on hold for about five minutes then I was Mysteriouslydisconnected. I know he could’ve called me back because Xfinity calls whenever they need to collect a payment! Their mess up is going to affect my families finances this week!This is not OK they need to Fix their procedure on who can CORRECT THEIR BILLING MISTAKES or deal with issues like this rather than leaving their customers in a bind for their mess up!

Mark Jackson Chicago, IL

Horrible customer service! On the phone for hours, trying to get a new cable box to connect and work properly to no avail. A 2nd day, a technician was scheduled to be here to troubleshoot between 3 and 4pm. Nobody ever showed up. I followed up by being on the phone for almost 2 hours with no solution. The 3rd day, after being on the phone for just shy of 2 hours, a technician was scheduled to be here to troubleshoot on day 4, between 8 and 10 am. Nobody ever showed up! Another 45 minutes on the phone to hear them say the appointment was "cancelled by the automated system". This lack of service is unacceptable. Ready to cancel Comcast!

Roy Hayward, CA

No star at all Very Bad Customer service a supervisor named briget from VXI BPO their outsource call center hang up on us when we ask to speak to a manager we were put on hold for a long time just to speak to a manager the first time when they rebut our modem and lost our wifi for 3hrs until the manager manage to give us a 58mbps speed. Note we ugraded our wifi to 600mbps. Technician came and was able to to put us back up to speed of 130mbps which is originally our original contract before we upgraded. Spoke to their customer srvc and nothing they can do and told me me that they will send me another technician whose going to check our lines which doesnt make sense bec a technician came already after 3days and wasnt able to do anything as well. Technician said that the their network cant handle the speed we order. Why would they sell speed they cant support.

John Jengel Pittsburgh, PA

I have had mixed reviews after being a customer for a few years. First time using them, I had 0 issues and decided to use them again after moving. Now, my internet will frequently drop. Sometimes there’s a week or two interval, and sometimes it’s several times a day. Very frustrating as customer service does not do a thing about it. Several calls and visits from service members later nothing has changed and nothing has been replaced/fixed. Very frustrating going through their call system just to hear them say nothing is wrong.

Charles Morris Jackson, MS

Xfinity has lied to me about activating my modem. When they activated it I traced the wire outside it wasn't even hooked to there box. So therefore they didn't receive the signal they claimed to have received from my equipment. they want to charge me $70 to send a tech out and trouble shoot. From my brand new equipment to the wall is hooked up with brand new Xfinity coax. From there to there box is brand new coax. No splitters or splices. Just 1 solid run of coax. I'm a electrician I've traced the wire with my tone generator (wire locator). It's 100% hooked up. They won't resend the activation signal. The problem is either in there box or there wiring. But I have to pay a tech to fix there own shit. It's not happening. Any utility company is responsible from there connection in any kind of service panel to there stations. I've contacted AT&T I'm getting the same speed internet for $10 less a month. They are even coming to my house to install every bit of it. At no extra charge. Even the stuff I feel I should be responsible for inside the house. Xfinity is scamming people out of there money. Due to the fact the average person don't know there doing it.

Wayne Young Little Rock, AR

I love Xfinity internet. It is very reliable and provides a strong signal for uploading and downloading. Live customer service is helpful on the phone, in chat, and in person if necessary.

jim krapf Hackensack, NJ

Cost effective and great streaming xxxxx

Lizzy Puentes Tallahassee, FL

Xfinity internet is amazing! The internet always works, rain or shine. The internet is fast responding and easy to connect. Some internet boxes have a button you can press to connect your device so you don't always have to write in the long password that comes with the box. You also have the option to change the password to something of your preference. It also offers internet access anywhere there is an xfinity box, you just log in to your account when prompted.

Creed Sharpee Windsor, CO

The service is amazing, I had a few issues with random disconnects at first but after a few months it's been running great for years. They've upped my speed 3 times for no extra cost and I can download full PC games in 5 minutes. The ping stays consistent with most servers around 15 to 30ms which is great by my standards. Overall I have nothing bad to say about Xfinity.

Amy Ingemi South Yarmouth, MA

BIG THANK YOU TO TOM M, MOSTLY WORKS IN THE FALMOUTH AREA, HOWEVER I JUST WANT TO LET HIS BOSS, HIS PEERS KNOW THAT HE FIXED OUR CABLE X1, CLIMBED A POLE THAT WAS HIGH NEEDED THE BOX TRUCK WE THOUGHT. TOM WAS HERE FOR OVER 2HRS, AND FIXED THE HORRIBLE JOB THAT WAS ORIGINALLY DONE . THIS MAN IS COMMITTED TO HIS JOB AND YOU CAN TELL LIKES HIS JOB, HE NEEDS TO BE RECOGNIZED BC MEN LIKE HIM ARE HARD TO COME BY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND PATIENCE!

Robert Washington, MI

AT&T max d/l MBPS was 11 MBPS-I am currently achieving a solid 90+ MBPS WIFI through U of M site and about 12 MBPS U/L. Just an awesome speed but buy your own modem and save the ridiculous $11 monthly fee for rent-just a joy to use. Our VOIP is so much clearer than the previous AT&T service. The Arris cable modem is rated for 2,500 sp. ft. home and our signal is great in the basement-dual band.

ANNA Christina Antioch, CA

Reliable and fast. I think the cost is not as good as I wish to pay but with another provider I do believe would be comprising too much performance. Comcast has been excellent in terms of service steady and super quick internet when I need to go online for the last seven years as their customer so the price may be considered not too desirable however my option to have that qualty or get less makes me pay what is their current asking price to keep the stellar product offered by them regardless.

Christina Amato Castro Valley, CA

I had the service for a couple months and it was just okay. I called the tech support because it spent two days blinking in and out. I was so frustrated. They sent out a tech the next morning-no wait. He got there at the begining of my two hour window. This guy was great! He checked the box, the wall, the main panel i. The garage and even climbed the pole making sure EVERYTHING was right. He replaced wires that were old and loose. So thorough! It took two hours but since he finished I have had no problems. Full bars all the time and an just the best internet!

Lourdes Rivera

Is the best in my area where I at. Besides it provides me Cable TV and Phone prices are reasonable and u also can use my hotspot when I go out of the house so far so good I liked them I hope that it doesn't keep going up on the monthly bill ando I wish we do not have to calling every year make a one standard bill to pay every month. Also enjoy having a bundle w everything on one bill. Customer service they are good to the knowledge even though I may end up w two different offered and it con created confusion but I really enjoy having them for almost 34 years.

Tom Eudaley Denver, CO

terrible service internet kept going out and I kept calling Comcast, they told me only resource was to get there top tier internet service $100 a month, I did canceled my service after one year and they are trying to keep charging me! They gave me freebies in order to keep me quiet and now charging me for early cancelation. I would never use them again. I would recommend everyone watch out especially there billing.

KurdTech Tracy, CA

Worse Internet provider in Tracy CA area, start from support to technician and all the way. With in 2 months 4 technicians been on my site, i called supported over 15 times to resolve my slow Internet bandwidth no answer so far, Company rip you off for your data plan, if you get 600 Mgbit Plan you will only get 400. On top of that they will charge you extra $10 for going over your monthly capacity while nothing change in my home same people same devices same routine. Trust me been an IT for so long and i have never seen anything like that in my life.

Kysalis Delray Beach, FL

Xfinity is absolutely garbage. 10 techs, at least 20 calls, and probably "5 supervisors" and they still cannot stand my internet up. They go through the same playbook every single time and you need to reexplain the problem every single time. I'm disgusted with the horrible level of service Xfinity/Comcast provides and would absolutely NEVER recommend them. All the will do is tell you to call the manufacturer of your modem, router and computer/cell phone. DO NOT BUY!!! Unless you love your internet cutting out every single night and not working at all.

Neal Robinson Salt Lake City, UT

I recently moved to SLC and as I knew I needed both internet and phone service, I thought that Xfinity would be a good choice. It turned out I was wrong. My first visit, the sales associate was very friendly and told me that if I wanted to buy a phone from somewhere else, and knowing that I was looking for a Samsung, I was told that any unlocked new model of a Samsung would work. I went to Best Buy and bought an A51, which, when I brought it in, the same salesperson told me that that particular model wouldn't work. Because I desperately needed a phone, I gave in to his tactics and bought the phone from them. A few days later, I had plans to return the original phone to best buy when I received news that one of my coworkers had Covid-19 and that I needed to quarantine for 2 weeks. Well, after the two weeks had gone by, the return time of 2 weeks was past and I was unable to return the $400 phone. When I went in to best buy, they even told me that that exact phone would have worked and that they have set up that phone before for Xfinity. It turns out that the salesperson probably just did that to get more commission. When I called Xfinity customer service, I was told that it was Best Buy that was to blame and not them. The person on the other end of the line didn't listen to what I said and certainly didn't treat me with respect. He said that it had to be a Galaxy, which the A51 is, and when he realized that I actually knew that Xfinity had robbed me off $400, he just shifted the blame to Best Buy. If you don't want to get scammed, don't get Xfinity.

Sean Rego Naples, FL

I ordered a 6 pack of Xfi Pods from Xfinity/Comcast and never received them. I ordered them on July 29th when I upgraded my modem and my internet speed. After we received the upgraded/updated modem I called customer support and the agent assured me that they were reordered. After another week, I had not received the Xfi Pods and called again. In short I called 4 separate times and never received the Xfi pods. What I did notice was that my bill was now well over $1,000. Xfinity charged me 4 separate times to the cost of $841.00. I contact customer support 7 times and each time I was assured that the issue would be remedied and the agent stated "we can see that you were never shipped the Xfi Pods". On the last call that I had with them after receiving a notice of cancellation if I did not pay the balance I was assured that the $841.00 would be credited, however, that I needed to schedule a payment using my credit card and make a "payment arrangement or my service would be shut off. Of course I provided my credit card and you have never provided me the credit that was supposed to have been made last month. Your company is a rip-off and I will do everything in my power to ensure through any medium I can find to let everyone know. I am an upstanding citizen and my wife and I both have good jobs and excellent credit. This situation is as ridiculous and unbelievable as I have ever seen.

Olga Garcia Miami, FL

This is a lie. I bought a home in June 20th. The Xfinity tech support guy came and only installed outside my home. There were issues coming from inside the home. I called tech support almost daily cause my download speed was between 4.5 to 60. I paid for 600. I could not watch movies. Forget about wiFi in my room. I called and called and they said that advanced care technician would call in 24 hours and they never called. This happened multiple times. And when I was finally transferred to them I was put on hold for 3 hours and gave up. I got sick of waiting so I canceled and got slapped with a $220 cancellation fee. But I never really got any decent service. BUYER BEWARE instead of making good this is what will happen to you. They have an automated service so it takes a lot of effort to even speak to an agent so you basically end up in an endless loop of doing the same thing over and over. This company never use to be like this.

Emma Hagman Lansing, MI

I can't believe how horrible their service is. When they first set it up, the guy did it completely wrong and we had to wait a full week for someone to fix it and actually make it work. It worked great for a month. Then it was super spotty and we had to reset the modem multiple times a day to get any internet at all. We called and they said it was on our end and they couldn't do anything. Which was completely untrue. then the internet cut out completely. All on their end. It took several days to get someone out. He had no idea what he was doing, tried to leave before we knew if it was even fixed. It wasn't. Luckily we caught him in time. Took him over an hour, it started to work and then cut out. When he got it to work for a second he left without waiting. Of course it cut out once again and it's even spottier than before. So we call again. And here takes the cake. It's going to take an entire MONTH to get someone out here, literally no exaggeration. WTF. How bad is you're internet that everyone is having major issues with it??! If I could get different internet I would in a heartbeat. I need to be working from home and I can't for an entire MONTH?! Freaking Ridiculous.

Asher Pappas Sandy, UT

Their internet cuts out terribly in my area (sandy, Utah) but seems to work great in other areas. I just canceled my service and their agents were very helpful and understanding, they even waived the cancelation fees! They're worth a try for sure. I would recommend a Fiber internet such as centurylink or Google fiber over xfinity though.

Tim Johnson Eureka, IL

Cancelled my cable with them and a month later my internet bill went up by 50$ a month

caryn simmons Seattle, WA

The absolute worst customer service in the world. In fact, if you want to talk to a person good luck!

Andrea Wheaton, IL

BEST INTERNET EVER! We have had Comcast Xfinity in two different states and both have the best internet by far. However, it was interesting to notice the difference in customer service from one state to another. Overall, we are very happy and plan to continue being customers wherever we live!

Joor79 Bartow, FL

Massive outages every night, data caps, God awful costumer service, price jacking, there is a reason it is the most hated company in the country.

Lawrence Davis Las Vegas, NV

The internet is blazing fast and beyond my expectations