Comcast Xfinity Internet Logo

Comcast Xfinity Internet

9.0

LAST UPDATED: December 1st, 2021

Comcast is a major force in the telecommunications industry because of its large service area and the sheer number of customers it has served. If you've ever researched internet packages, Comcast has likely come up.

The company's regular rates start at $49.95 per month. You can bundle TV, phone, and home security services with its internet.

View Xfinity Reviews

The Comcast Company has two major parts: Comcast Cable and NBC Universal. These two parts work together to bring all of the various types of media to homes across the United States.

Xfinity is a part of Comcast Cable and brings phone, TV service, home automation, and high-speed internet to customers. A variety of package options are available depending on the speeds and features accessible in your area.

Xfinity has a commitment to great service that is backed by a money-back guarantee.

The Good

• High Speeds
  • High Availability
  • Security
  • Xfinity Bundle Advantages
  • Contract-Free Option

High Speeds

Xfinity Internet offers some of the highest speeds in the industry. Its internet plans are organized by speed.

• 25 Mbps (~$40 per month)
  • 100 Mbps (~$45 per month)
  • 200 Mbps (~$60 per month)
  • 300 Mbps (~$70 per month)
  • 600 Mbps (~$80 per month)
  • 1,000 Mbps (~$84.99– $90 per month)
  • 2,000 Mbps (~$299.95 per month)

Keep in mind that this pricing information is only for the first 12 months and the pricing will depend on your location and contract length. Some plans may not be available in some areas. These prices can change depending on your timing.

Equipment, installation, and activation fees also apply in some cases—more on that below.

High Availability

Since Xfinity is a large entity in the ISP industry, it covers a huge area across the United States: it's available in 39 states. With that large area coverage comes a lot of variation in upload speeds and download speeds available to you.

Xfinity doesn't have solid available speeds until it conducts a speed test for a specific address. This can be an obstacle if you're looking at internet options but aren't certain about your future zip code.

But, it's also a benefit because customers don't have to pay a fee for a certain speed package unavailable in their area. The price for an internet plan depends on the internet speed that's available; you won't overpay for Mbps that you're not receiving in your location.

When choosing a speed, you should consider whether multiple devices will access the internet. Xfinity provides general package information to give you an idea of what you might pay for certain areas.

Security

Along with quick internet speeds for reasonable prices, Xfinity also promises internet security.

Xfinity has partnered with Norton Antivirus to bring their customers online protection. These security measures are easily downloaded onto any computer or device once you've chosen your package.

The cost of this software is included in the monthly Xfinity bill. There is no additional charge for this security service.

Free security is a big bonus that could keep you safe from theft and viruses.

Bundling Advantages

Like many other internet service providers, Xfinity offers additional services, like cable, in addition to its high-speed internet.

But if you think cable is antiquated, that's not your only bundling option with Xfinity. Xfinity has the option for customers to stream hundreds of channels and videos to view in their own homes through Xfinity TV service, the Xfinity Stream app, Xfinity Instant TV, or Xfinity Cable TV.

Xfinity packages offer the customer more than one of these services. If you choose to add on more services through Xfinity, they're typically bundled at a lower price. This is a huge benefit if you're hunting for several new services, but it's a downside if you're not.

If you strictly want internet service, you might be missing out on some promotions and better deals.

Contract-Free Option

If you don't plan on staying with Xfinity, or if you plan on moving shortly, you can choose an Xfinity plan with no contract. Customers who choose this option will pay a higher monthly rate, but this is a convenient choice for those who dislike being locked into a contract that may raise rates.

The Bad

• Data Limits
  • Fees
  • State Coverage

Data Limits

Xfinity does not offer unlimited data. It has implemented data limits. Some of these data caps are as high as 1 TB.

Xfinity also requires a one- to two-year contract on many of its packages. Some other internet service providers do not have data limits or require contracts, so if you're wary of committing to an ISP long-term, so this may offputting.

Fees

Xfinity's service has a few costs that customers consider hidden fees. While these aren't technically "hidden fees" because they are mentioned in Xfinity's contracts, users sometimes see them as abrupt and unfair:

• Installation fee. This can be negotiable, but technicians typically charge a $60.00 fee to install Xfinity. Customers can opt for a do-it-yourself kit for a cheaper cost.
  • Reactivation fee. If a customer temporarily turns off their service, Xfinity charges a small reactivation fee.
  • Equipment fee. If you choose to rent Xfinity gateway, the provider's 2-in-1 modem/router, you'll pay a monthly rental price. Customers looking to lower their bill should purchase their own compatible equipment upfront.
  • Xfinity TV fees. Xfinity charges several fees for add-on TV service, including premium channels and DVR.
  • Late payment fee. Xfinity will charge an add-on of $10.00 if a customer pays their bill late.
  • Early termination fee. Xfinity Internet offers customers a 1-year contract where their price is locked in for that year. However, if the customer needs to end the contract early, they are subject to an early termination fee.

You might also see fees such as a Broadcast TV fee, Federal Universal Service Fund (FUSF) fee, Regional Sports Network fee, Rental fee, and more. Check your specific Xfinity package, and be aware that many rates are negotiable.

State Coverage

While Xfinity is available in 39 states, some of its competitors are available in all 50. These variables can be a disadvantage and a reason that customers search for other internet service providers for their needs.

The Bottom Line

If you're looking at a few different internet service providers, it can be frustrating to figure out what type of package you can get in your area and how much you'll have to pay. Xfinity requires a contract, has data limits, and isn't available in all 50 states.

However, customers who choose Xfinity Internet will enjoy a host of benefits and features like Norton Antivirus software, access to hotspots across the country, and a money-back guarantee. We recommend checking out Xfinity's services to see if they are a good fit for you.

Be sure you understand the terms of your internet service agreement and whether there are additional fees, like an installation fee or surcharges for a modem and router.

3.2

NH Mom Londonderry, NH

We have mobile phone service and internet through Xfinity. We only have Xfinity to chose from for cable internet. Our other internet choices are phone or dish service. Xfinity is consistently unreliable. We have constant interruptions of services and minor outages. The speed varies from our to hour. Xfinity always blames it on our hardware or using wifi instead of hardwired internet. The customer service reps I have spoken with, for the most part, are very nice. However, there is not much they can do to help. It is clear that they are told to upsell to a more expensive plan for faster service because $50 a months, with a temporary discount due to mobile service, is not enough to pay for inferior service. We even got charged for a $60 service call to have the tech grumble about bad wiring by the previous owners of our house, only to watch him move a few wires around that really didn't seem to matter. We had high speed for a few hours after he left, and we answered a customer service phone survey, then the speed dropped again. I don't understand why other countries can provide lower cost and faster service to their customers, but the "technically advances" United States can't provide the same service at the same costs to each state. The whole we are larger than those countries doesn't wash. We have had this technology for years. The higher speeds exists, but only at a much, much higher cost. I will say this for Xfinity, at least they have improved their toothless customer service.

1 day ago

E Jester Baltimore, MD

I like the quality of the Internet that I have is up 99% of the time when I attempt to access it. One of my biggest pet peeves is price gouging, specifically, the fluctuation of the bill based on the package promotions ceases. I hate this business. I also wish they had a deal if a customer only wants one or two services not have to be forced to employ a "triple play" to get a decent rate. If Comcast is going to raise your rate when the promotion end nears should contact the customer to eliminate undue hardship and surprises. This has been my complaint for a while but I have 4 services with Comcast. I should reap more discounts instead of a rise in price when the promotion runs out. Yes, I am researching other companies where I can get a better Internet, home security, phone service, and cable selection at a cheaper rate.

Daniel Kress

I have had good experiences with Xfinitys customer service. They have good quality service. I do think it is slightly over priced though.

Luke Swierczynski Franklin, MI

My current ISP. No issues, great speed. Always been willing to keep my business by extending my "new customer" promotions. Super fast internet, large fiber network.

Amelie Winchester, VA

For one - service is different price than advertised on internet for given area. For second... little rain and service doesn't work (not even in Xfinity store... -hint - that tells you a lot. For third - the customer is being blatantly ignored and treated as its dumb playdo. You can't opt out from automatic pay. (well they tell you you can if you call number... but you can't - because even if you reach someone (get through automatic crap machine is task for superhero) they will tell you they did that. But they did not and company will keep dipping without your consent into your credit card. If you try to call them again.. cycle just repeats... AVOID. I am happy there is new competitor in area, and will jump there and happily pay 20$ more just to have good service and treated as a customer not as milk cow for harverst.

carole abel Palm Coast, FL

We had comcast/xfinity for years when we lived in MD. It was great, the internet and cable were reliable and loved their voice remote, which my current company does not have this feature, which is great for saving time. Xfinity also has a lot of contracts with streaming services that my current provider does not have yet, just Netflix. While i am happy with my current provider, it is clear that xfinity is a superior product and we hope that our current provider can catch up to them.

Juan vega New Haven, CT

I have this company for a while for internet service and tv now I’m thinking to leave it since is so hard to get issues resolve the customer service is really bad sometimes I call them and explain my issue then you get transfer to someone else and I have to explain everything all over again

georgie wroble Oswego, IL

Have to keep unplugging the system when we get internet not connected notice or a wifi noticed. Had a service call once and he replaced the main box. Checked all the connections inside and outside of the house and said everything was fine. Still have problem with shut downs. We use wifi for our mobile phone service also, so when wifi goes out our phones are down. Have to leave the house until At&t connects. Called several times when you get someone to talk to you it is like talking to a bag of rocks. Keeps running a test and saying it will cost $100.00 for someone to come out. You pay $200.00 +++++ a month for a bag of rocks phone call.

Andrea Wheaton, IL

BEST INTERNET EVER! We have had Comcast Xfinity in two different states and both have the best internet by far. However, it was interesting to notice the difference in customer service from one state to another. Overall, we are very happy and plan to continue being customers wherever we live!

J. Garrett Lansing, MI

Comcast has always been hit or miss. They want to charge too much for their crappy service! I wish we had more companies to choose from.

Michael Rohr Saint Paul, MN

Xfinity has the most horrific consumer service, their automated system is set to simply provide zero help, and continually loops in circle to waist their customers time. Most horrific experience!

Danyel Ewing Santa Clara, CA

Great customer service, not good wifi service. I loose connection at all times of the day. Have gotten a new modem, have had everything tested. I work from home, this interferes with meetings with customers. Unacceptable.

Abused customer FL

Very bad customer service. I’m disabled was on the disabled line and the women was not helpful and I had to get what she said ! I’m stuck for 2 years and I can’t even get on my internet !!!!!!! be VERY Careful is your disabled because they don’t help you at all . I have a contract for 2 years I’m unable to use.

Julia UP Southbury, CT

Xfinity doesn’t have unlimited internet, and its overage fees can stack up fast. Their equipment is expensive, but if you bring your own cable modem to save cash, you’ll miss out on all the snazzy X1 gateway features.

Vee Orlando, FL

Definitely Overpriced! And tonight I’ve had THE worst experience! Called to downgrade only to have my services not working for HOURS! Every time I called they took it as a joke, one of the reps actually hang up on me, the other transferred me to a fake supervisor and he identified himself as one. When the next rep picked up he advised me that, no that guy wasn’t a supervisor at all. Then found out that just to have internet I would have to pay $100 a MONTH! That’s just a story short! Super stressful night for me. They did NOT care and their prices are ridiculous! Get service somewhere else guys

Leonard Leo Potomac, MD

Free wifi outside the home is a great perk. The free streaming box is good, but does not compete with the paid services. Occasional drops in service without credit. CSRs are outsourced to India, and they must be paid by how long they keep you on the line. Be sure to buy your own modem and router to avoid rental fees.

zagato romero San Francisco, CA

Great connection never had problem with internet , download music or movies ,the best thing is the tones of movies people can watch thru the apps that xfinity offers such hbo max

douglas ward Eugene, OR

Fast and reliable, but not CHEAP! Service is great tho...

1 day ago

Wendy Smullin Logan, UT

Comcast Xfinity Internet is the only internet provider we will use. We needed a quick installation in our new home because my husband is self-employed. Their customer service was so helpful getting it set up for us! The technician was very informative, educating my husband the entire time. The speed is perfect for our needs as we run a business, work from home and occasionally have online schooling all going at once. The price is excellent for the package that we have.

Lizzy Puentes Tallahassee, FL

Xfinity internet is amazing! The internet always works, rain or shine. The internet is fast responding and easy to connect. Some internet boxes have a button you can press to connect your device so you don't always have to write in the long password that comes with the box. You also have the option to change the password to something of your preference. It also offers internet access anywhere there is an xfinity box, you just log in to your account when prompted.

Creed Sharpee Windsor, CO

The service is amazing, I had a few issues with random disconnects at first but after a few months it's been running great for years. They've upped my speed 3 times for no extra cost and I can download full PC games in 5 minutes. The ping stays consistent with most servers around 15 to 30ms which is great by my standards. Overall I have nothing bad to say about Xfinity.

Amy Ingemi South Yarmouth, MA

BIG THANK YOU TO TOM M, MOSTLY WORKS IN THE FALMOUTH AREA, HOWEVER I JUST WANT TO LET HIS BOSS, HIS PEERS KNOW THAT HE FIXED OUR CABLE X1, CLIMBED A POLE THAT WAS HIGH NEEDED THE BOX TRUCK WE THOUGHT. TOM WAS HERE FOR OVER 2HRS, AND FIXED THE HORRIBLE JOB THAT WAS ORIGINALLY DONE . THIS MAN IS COMMITTED TO HIS JOB AND YOU CAN TELL LIKES HIS JOB, HE NEEDS TO BE RECOGNIZED BC MEN LIKE HIM ARE HARD TO COME BY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND PATIENCE!

Robert Washington, MI

AT&T max d/l MBPS was 11 MBPS-I am currently achieving a solid 90+ MBPS WIFI through U of M site and about 12 MBPS U/L. Just an awesome speed but buy your own modem and save the ridiculous $11 monthly fee for rent-just a joy to use. Our VOIP is so much clearer than the previous AT&T service. The Arris cable modem is rated for 2,500 sp. ft. home and our signal is great in the basement-dual band.

ANNA Christina Antioch, CA

Reliable and fast. I think the cost is not as good as I wish to pay but with another provider I do believe would be comprising too much performance. Comcast has been excellent in terms of service steady and super quick internet when I need to go online for the last seven years as their customer so the price may be considered not too desirable however my option to have that qualty or get less makes me pay what is their current asking price to keep the stellar product offered by them regardless.

Christina Amato Castro Valley, CA

I had the service for a couple months and it was just okay. I called the tech support because it spent two days blinking in and out. I was so frustrated. They sent out a tech the next morning-no wait. He got there at the begining of my two hour window. This guy was great! He checked the box, the wall, the main panel i. The garage and even climbed the pole making sure EVERYTHING was right. He replaced wires that were old and loose. So thorough! It took two hours but since he finished I have had no problems. Full bars all the time and an just the best internet!

Lourdes Rivera

Is the best in my area where I at. Besides it provides me Cable TV and Phone prices are reasonable and u also can use my hotspot when I go out of the house so far so good I liked them I hope that it doesn't keep going up on the monthly bill ando I wish we do not have to calling every year make a one standard bill to pay every month. Also enjoy having a bundle w everything on one bill. Customer service they are good to the knowledge even though I may end up w two different offered and it con created confusion but I really enjoy having them for almost 34 years.

Joe Detroit, MI

Internet went out for some reason, originally was told it was going to take two days for them to come out here and fix it, which is already a bit much, never received a confirmation for the visit and when called was told that we did not accept confirm it. Now being told that it will take them four days for them to get out here. Have had problems with customer service and overall service in the past too.

Pazzo Miami Fort Lauderdale, FL

Their customer service used to be one of the best. It is a nightmare trying to reach them nowadays. You Are in a such bad mood by the time you finally can speak to a real person, you feel like screaming at them. Canceling your service is very difficult. They are very misleading when you start your service then lie in your face when you are trying to cancel your service. Their fees are too high. They do have the best internet in my area, unfortunately.

Kavita Kumar Spanaway, WA

Horrible service. My bill just went up without me being notified about it ..no email no calls nothing ..boom bills high.. called today spoke to Omar in customer service..guy had the nerve to tell me to look for another carrier if I find something better than there price. Simply he does not care if I'm a long time customer with xfinity with no late payments and no complaints. Thank you xfinity for all this years service. Time for a change now .

Antoinette Greenberg Chicago, IL

If you work from home. Their service techs must be way overworked. My internet went out with no warning, I had to wait two days to get an appt. , and now I've waited hours over the scheduled time and tech is still a no show. I don't blame that person, but the company doesn't want to spend the money to hire enough repair techs. Which leaves anyone working from home with no internet service at unpredictable times. Also, they've sent a lot of their customer service overseas and it's a disaster. The overseas reps read from a script and can't help at all.

Dr. Erin Jones Murfreesboro, TN

Comcast has the worst service that I've ever experienced. I was driving today and almost had an accident because the automated system kept asking for me to press prompts instead of directly allowing me to press a button to request a live agent-or use speech to request a live agent. I called back 4 times and ended up in the wrong place each time. I also spoke with 2 agents today that were both incompetent and clueless about where I needed to be transferred through to address a billing concern.

R. SCO Norfolk, VA

Over priced for very average service. I had them until I lived at a rental home that I had to move out of. Owners wanted to sell home. I had autopay and paided every month with no issues. A month and half later my bank account had a random withdrawal of $231.00. I called Comcast and they claimed i had a left over bill (but I was on autopay the entire time) and I was charged a early termination fee. By the way, they have my forwarding address tosend any final bill. They made excuses and only refunded me $140 for the early termination fee (in store credit). If you have to deal with them, try not to provide bank info. They will debit you without warning

Steve Ashby Portland, OR

We have had Comcast Xfinity for many years. While their service and equipment has improved, I feel like Xfinity is turning into a hub for streaming services and the free local channels. I'm about to access all of the streaming services through the apps feature. Netflix and Amazon are available through the voice feature...other apps don't work with the voice. Equipment updates have gotten much easier, but I still have old equipment attached to the side of my house that they don't want to come get.

Natalie Holden Hartford, CT

First of all I am Senior Citizen, living on a every low income. Before I signed up with your company I did a little research. I was told that you offer people with low income and I believe medical issues. Of course I asked and was told you guys do not offer such program. I've only been in my apartment 1 year June your company has gone up as of 2021, 2times. All I need is the WIFI. Times are hard. I spoke to on of your reps. He informed me you do have a program called " Internet Essentials " I have proof of my current income situation, I asked to be connected and the young man was hesitant, he placed me in hold only to come back with this story....bottom line, now he tells me I don't qualify. Something is rotten in Denmark

Kanuto Tucson, AZ

Comcast xfinity offers fast internet solutions. The speed and bandwidth is nice to have especially when using video conferencing services. They are dependable and their customer service is excellent!

Ryan Larsen Logan, UT

We switched to Xfinity internet this past year because we needed faster internet with all our kids at home trying to do school work. They were fast to get it installed and we have not had any issues. The internet is fast and everyone in my family is able to continue working on the internet at the same time.

Stephanie Byrd Miami, FL

Xfinity internet is one of the most reliable internet providers I’ve encountered. I never experienced any connectivity issues or service interruptions. I know that their customer service is phenomenal so if their is an issue they will be happy to help !

Mariza Tan Alexandria, VA

When I talked to “Joe” & he couldn’t fix my internet speed, he said he’ll connect me to somebody good with internet connection. After waiting to be connected for more than 15 mins. , d line went dead & I’ve never heard from Joe nor that somebody! I was so pissed. Finally after calling customer service several times (talking to a machine is a pain in d neck! It’s faster to talk to a representative!!!) a technician named Jong came to my apartment! He’s d best tech I’ve encountered from Comcast. He dealt & fixed d problem like he’s doing it for his own family! He even came back d 2nd time that day to make sure it’s running well, even fixed d wall socket! I give him lots of credits! Hey Comcast! He deserves a raise! Employees who works for Comcast commented that their customer service sucks! It’s faster to talk to a representative right away than being stupid talking to a machine that u have to repeat everything over & over! It’s annoying & a waste of time! If not for Jong, I would probably switch to another company. That Joe needs to be reprimanded & take a class how to handle customer professionally

AF ,

For where we live, Comcast Xfinity is the absolute best. We rarely have outages or times when it is down and our speeds are really good (we pay more for the faster internet). We're able to stream movies and also computer work without any problems. With the covid pandemic, we're all relying on the internet much much more than ever before!

Brett Schomer Chipley, FL

Extremely satisfied with the service received. Excellent customer service provided by professional staff.we moved and were not able to take the service with us to our new area; however we highly recommend this company to anyone looking for internet in their service area.

Doc Rich Fresno, CA

Billing problem taken care of quickly even with COVID-19 making even phone and internet communication much more difficult......through phone waiting lists and a very busy e-mail list the double billing was corrected post haste...............

Mark

Product is tops, service is terrible. Very pricey product but is the best available in my area, but hope you never have to talk with them. It is always over an hour on the phone, they don't have a clue what's going on in the field. The guys that show up at your house are very knowledgeable, but the office is horrible. Understand that the speed that they sell you will be at least twice whaty you will recieve at your computer, but it is still much better than competitors.

John E. Berry

Great! When all of my neighbors are losing their service during inclement weather or severe weather outbreaks, my household has both internet and television uninterrupted. This allows us to stay on top of what is going on and maintain contact with our families.

R. Coon

Similar to CenturyLink I only used their most basic service. I have used Comcast as internet only and with bundled voip phone. Sales people try to tell me I won't be happy with basic service and need something faster but basic service has always worked when there is not a wiring problem on their end. They do eventually fix things if I could prove it was their problem. They were great at hiking prices and adding fees and "rental" expenses until I was paying double what we originally agreed on. In the end it was cost rather than service that lost my business. I highly recommend buying your own modem to avoid excessive rental fees and using a seperate voip provider so you can keep your phone number and are not locked into using Comcast when they start jacking your monthly bill up.

John Sutherland

I've used several Internet companies through the years and found Comcast among the best. However, Comcast and the others appear to share some common disadvantages, the largets of which is that, in this age of high speed Internet, they seem to charge more than is reasonable unless competition is used as athreat to their business, and then their costs get better.

JDWain Tallahassee, FL

I use Xfinity as my ISP in Tallahassee, I found that calling their national number was a great way to get a lower rate as sometimes they offer deals that the local shop cant! I dropped my internet bill by about 20 dollars a month. Great customer service and never had any outages

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Comcast Xfinity Internet has been a grand service to use for wireless internet. They are competitively priced and offer us great speeds. They have great customer service and are always helpful with tech issues. They are awesome.

Cheri

xfinity is great! The support is excellent! If there is ever an issue they work to resolve it quickly. We have business class Internet and it is fast and works well. We have Xfinity home phone and have no problems. We tried their security program but our Wi-Fi was hacked so that was a problem and we discontinued that.

Royce Jacksonville, FL

So I have been with Comcast since 2017 very little issues with the the service and when I had an issue they were fast to fix it. The customer service is excellent! Shout out to one of their customer service employees Ray he is the best and very helpful!

Nancy Haddock Saint Augustine, FL

My experience has been that the service is great - that's in speaking with agents, Techies for troubleshooting, and with repair specialists. All cable/ Internet/ phone companies are pricey, and the way channels are packaged can annoy me (which is not always the fault of the company). but overall I'm very happy with Comcast. I had them, left them, and when my carrier couldn't fix a recurring issue, I went back to Comcast. They DID fix the issue and had to persist in order to do so. Today I talked with Tense, and she answered the pressing question I had.