Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews Choice Home Warranty Logo

Choice Home Warranty

8.6

Dawn Houston, TX

It is never convenient to have a plumbing problem. The situation was resolved after going through the messy steps to find the problem. The plumber was efficient and knowledgeable. I am very happy with the Devoted Care company who picked up this job for me.

Richard Thomas Punta Gorda, FL

Inquired via internet on getting info about their warranty. Since then, virtually non-stop several times per day the phone rings and it's Choice. This despite 3 times in last 2 days I told them I am not interested and not to call. Lastly, before you buy read the agreement for every item they claim they will cover. There are more exclusions and excuses which give them a reason NOT to pay or limit your claim. One example, Choice versus Amer Home Service coverage for refrigerator. Amer Home states All Components Covered. Choice covers the cabinet and compressor but specifically excludes all other components such as, ice maker, water dispenser, seals, controls on and on. Looked at several other covered items and it's the same. Choice excludes the most important working components that might be subject to failure and then says they can off you their estimate of what it is worth. Scam artist akin to the guys that sold aluminum siding in the movie "Tin Men"

Cat Huss Orange Park, FL

Absolutely pathetic. They do NOT cover like for like. Only builder's grade. They do not cover the electrical system. I have a switch that is only getting 12 volts. It is considered wire tracing and not covered to find the issue.

Adewale olosunde

The website was pretty easy to use. I was contacted by an agent immediate I entered my information. The agent was friendly, courteous, and professional.

Noralyn Orange Park, FL

Been with CHW for 2 years, I have 3 homes with them ( 2 are rentals). I have not much of claims but a few. Two subcontractors being sent are very professional and prompt but 2 are the worst ever. One was sent to repair garbage disposer, I had issues with communication with the subcontractor's scheduler. But it that person had so many issues with other customer as well because he was new as I was told by the technician. Now that subcontractor had supposedly replaced my disposer but broke same night. The new technician said that he doesn't even know the brand or the supposedly new disposer that was installed. Needles to say CHW gives the subcontractors the funds to replace it but the subcontractors make more money from the work done by installing/replacing it with cheap kind. If there's better screening process of the subcontractors working for CHW then it could be better. Second , the repair person/company for my Dishwasher (C&D) came checked my dishwater and said that the problem was the thermostat. My husband had looked at it the night before and saw that the heating element was burnt. I mentioned it to him, looked at it and said oh yeah. That's the problem! OMG! Does he even know what he is doing? Took 5 weeks to order the heating element, charged CHW for $150 but I saw the heating element in Amazon for $26. Called CHW and complained. That person never rescheduled the repair until I asked CHW for another repair person to come after 5 weeks. I was surprised I had the patience. All this time, I was calling CHW for updates. Until I got tired of it!

Kristen

Anthony was very informative, knowledgable, and did not try to over sell. I called three companies and chose yours.

Arleen Finkelstein Pompano Beach, FL

I needed a pool motor repair. Someone arrived the next day. I am currently waiting for a new motor. Everyone was very efficient.

Gerald Irving, TX

I requested some plumbing repairs under my Choice home warranty. Choice very timely scheduled the service call and the plumber arrived within the scheduled service window. The plumber timely and expertly performed the repairs to my complete satisfaction.

arenia miller West Babylon, NY

The representative I spoke to was courteous, knowledgeable, informative and helpful.

Victoria Bridgewater, NJ

Horrible, horrible, horrible! Customer service, support, filing claims, claim reimbursement. The whole company is a sham!

Anonymous Orange Park, FL

They never contacted me after my initial request.

Cheryl Davenport Rush, KY

Because Ive pd for my first month a couple of weeks ago, was promised Id get the warranty details and have received nothing!

Karen Peduzzi Las Vegas, NV

I placed a service order on the website and received an appointment date and time within an hour for the very next day. The service man was very nice and knowledgeable. This was excellent service. So glad I have a contract with Choice.

Logan Houser Mechanicsburg, PA

I have tried to Call 3 times since I have been active. The sales person has yet to call me back. I may call and cancel to get my money back at this point.

Raymond Flores The Bronx, NY

Representative was very on cue when explaining the many options being offered by Choice Warranty, one year versus life time costs. The options in payment and utilities that are covered aby service fee on each call for service. I hope never having to call for service, but it is a good umbrella to have when it rains.

Robert Palos Park, IL

Just signed up with the company. However, the customer service in doing so was excellent.

Kathy Lexington, KY

1st service call : requested was for refrigerator ice maker which they said isn't covered. 2nd service call : the appointment time taken for service call once I submitted claim was over 7 days for a technician to check out the oven on our range. Which of course was on a Friday causing us to wait until Monday for the technician to get back to us after contacts Choice ( even though the service call was at 11 am) Not at all what the advertising or sales associates lead you to believe.

Maria E. Gonzalez Estevez Conifer, CO

Buyer be ware DO NOT make the mistake to buy from Choice: I bough a 6 year policy $1750 with the promise that if I move I could take it with me. I am moving and they said NO TRANSFER. NO refund either because they have to pay some claims. DO NOT BUY FROM CHOICE

Gene Tifton, GA

my experience yesterday was great the guy helping was great. I talked to a guy a couple weeks ago was very rude so I hung up the phone. I almost did not answer the call because of him. I am glad I did take the call since the guy was so helpful . You need to let the guy know he did a great job and tell him thanks

JAMES KENNEDY Conroe, TX

The representative, Tim D, was very personable & knowledgeable. I am pleased that Choice has a Veteran’s discount.

Kenneth K Glenwood, MD

Just not a reliable. It takes so long every time when you need something fixed. ( current claim with 2 year old Dish Washer, been 2 months & still not fixed ). You will have more headache dealing with this company & low quality vendors they use than dealing with your broken appliances. You will have PAIN to get something fixed.

Hani Husayni Plano, TX

The dishwasher hose needed to be replaced. It’s 12 years old. The claim was rejected ! They claim that the hose was installed too far from the sink, so it’s not properly used.

Vince Scottdale, GA

Timely and high quality service. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

albert gerald corbell jr Center, TX

The agent was very informative and his explanations were very clear. The only hesitation I had was giving my credit card number over the phone. It sounds like a good policy...great coverage and price with fair service call charge. Thanks !

Shakitta Boyce Charlotte, NC

I only had the services for a few weeks and I HATE it. I have never made any claims. I only called in for information on my coverage and due to the lies and bad customer services I received i decided to cancel. And even that was a hassle because no one would cancel my services or reimbursement... and remind you, i only had it for 3 weeks and no claims. However, it took a week to cancel and i still have not beeb refunded. Now, i am with a different company and a lot happier. I would not recommend this company to worse enemy

Joseph M. Dobkin Miami, FL

They are not able to dispatch people when you need them-only when their handpicked person is available. You are treated like an unwanted step-child. More shocking, they have people with extreme criminal backgrounds coming to your home because they do not do adequate background checks. Some vendors have also been sued numerous times due to doing defective work. need I say more???

Judy OConnor Northbridge, MA

You will notice that 5 stars are from those clients that have just signed up and haven't been through a claim process. Those of us that are trying to get problems fixed or are arguing what exactly is included in a septic system are placing negative reviews. This company is a joke.....there is no follow through. Every time you call to follow up on an issue you are talking to a different person. Requiring repetition of the issue every time you call. Most of the time the person you are speaking with has no electrical or plumbing knowledge, yet they will argue with you and talk over you and won't listen. But they have the company motto down pat......."that's not covered ". I would not normally write a negative review but in this instance I want to save others grief and aggravation. This company does not deliver.......read the reviews and read the reviews of the repair people they are sending out.....a real eye-opener. They are quick to sign you up and take your money, but actually getting work done a different story. They are ignorant and rude. Most of the time you are on hold, waiting for them to check with another person..... " Sorry, that's not covered by your policy". This is a scam. BE WARNED!!

Ronald Little

I had a dishwasher that was worth 900.00 dollars and was told by a supervisor they would give me 179.00 they said according to them I could replace the same dishwasher for 179.00 and I said please do and install. I spoke to supervisor this morning who told me NO and told me not to expect a check in 30 DAYS for 250.00 dollars PERIOD!! This is not what there web sight says period.

Nancy Wallace Windsor Mill, MD

After a horrible 17 yrs with AHS, I found the assistance and support that Phil gave me was wonderful and am looking forward to many yrs with your company

Shawn Bolan Honolulu, HI

I haven't committed to Choice Home Warranty yet but I have spoken with one of their expert representatives, Damont B. He answered most of my questions and was extremely helpful - so instead of being skeptical, I'm seriously considering using their service.

Aimee Lincoln, NE

This company does not do what they say they will. It takes well over 24 hours to have "their" technician call, "their" technician charged them for a water pump that he didn't install (I informed them, they didn't care), it doesn't matter if it is an emergent situation - their response time is slow, they cut corners, and try to avoid paying for any claim. In two years of paying premiums, I have had three claims. One for a leaking washing machine that turned out to be the sink next to the washing machine. I had to pay two service calls because the first technician they sent told me it wasn't the washing machine and didn't check anything else. When there was still water on the floor, I checked under the sink. When I called back and told them it was part of the original problem, they told me I would still have to pay another service charge. I have had two claims on my furnace. The first one occurred during the winter. When I called Choice, they told me they would have somebody call me within 24 hours. They have no emergency service. I told them in my part of the country one cannot go without a furnace for more than 24 hours. I was informed I could call my own company, I could submit the bill to Choice and they would reimburse me. This actually occurred and I was reimbursed. The next time my furnace broke, it was supposed to be below zero degrees. I came home from work at 6 pm on Friday to find my furnace wasn't working. Again, they told me I would hear from someone within 1 business day. I asked if that meant Monday - they said yes. Again, I told them I could not go without a furnace all weekend, as it was supposed to be very cold, and my house was already 50 degrees. I asked if I could call my own company. They said yes. My furnace company came that evening and wired it so it could work while they ordered a part. They received that part on Tuesday and came and repaired it. In the meantime, their technician called me Tuesday afternoon and told me that they could be there on Friday (yes, one week after I called). I informed them it was already fixed. I called Choice to submit my bill and was told the rules had changed and the Repair company had to submit the bill. I had the company do that. I have now been informed that since they did not obtain prior authorization to do the work, they will not reimburse me. I told Choice that the person I spoke with on Friday evening had told me I could call my own technician. The representative informed me that doesn't mean they had approval. The company was supposed to call after they diagnosed the problem and get permission. I asked what hours there was somebody there to get approval from? Not on Friday evening. Saturday morning and hours during the week.

Robert Poe Bullhead City, AZ

When I bought the warranty the sales person went over covered items everything sounded good so I purchased the three year plan for both my homes filed a claim for leaky hot water heater they don't cover the tank just components of the hot water tank one would think the tank is part of the hot water system but not covered. I won't e en go into customer service because their is none very dissatisfied with choice will not use them again or recommend the to any one .

Mike Steinmeyer Independence, MO

Wanted to get a policy for the home I just bought. I liked the reviews I saw so I had decided to move forward with the company. The one issues was in 24 hours I received 9 phone calls! Unbelievable! It was almost a deal breaker for me. That is excessive.

M Berger Dallas, TX

DO NOT GET A WARRANTY FROM CHOICE, they are the worst to deal with and for the most part don’t cover when replacements are required. Read the fine print. I have had for a couple of years as I bought that, wish I could get out of the contract but it is too expensive and not the $50 they claim.

Linda L. Raleigh, NC

It was easy to sign up for, we shall see if it is worth the money when I need to use the service.

Anita Underwood Terrell, TX

Will not cover claims always find a reason not to pay. Made 2 claims with this company and would not pay either claim. Do not waste your money.

Archie Banks McDonough, GA

This place is absolutely the worst. they don't always contract with licensed technicians, and when the technicians mess things up, Choice holds no liability to even help the homeowner fix what their technician messed up. I have also found that when the technician provides their report on the Breakage, Choice always finds a way to make things the homeowners fault causing them not to have to fix the appliance. the Claims adjuster is NEVER wrong and only wants to argue with you consistently even when they know themselves that they are wrong. My advice is to NOT go with this company or others like them.

Patricia coleman Houston, TX

awesome service I asked for service on line yesterday,got a reply in less than 30 min. the service provider was contacted and an appointment made . the provider arrived before the appointed time called to alert us. replacing the garbage disposal took less than 45 min in the door to out the door. Very veruy pleased.

Buyer Be Aware Seagoville, TX

The sales reps, claims, customers service, well actually every person I’ve spoke with are pushy, ignorant, rude, and they Do Not understand the word ‘Customer Service’!! It is the very worse company I’ve Ever had to interact with Ever! When you submit a claim, the contractors Never immediately repair the issue on the day they come out. They take pictures of the item(s) that needs repaired, then they have to submit it to CHW for approval. IF Approved by CHW which is highly unlikely in the majority of my claims, you have to wait for CHW to contact you first. If approved, you have to make another appointment with the contractors to come out to repair the item. It’s a long drawn out process. It takes a few days to hear back from CHW to get an answer on your repairs, if your lucky enough to get their approval. Again CHW reps are the Very Worse people to talk too, they are so Very Rude! I’ve been with them for a year! When my contract is over, I will Not sign back up with them Again! Buyer Be Aware! Read All Reviews that have Actually Placed Claims with CHW! Review the Better Business Bural Reviews on the Company. Call and speak to their sales reps if your brave and strong enough to say No, just to get a feel of their Customer Service attitude. Read the Contract in Detail, it’s a pain to do so But it Will Save you money in the end! Good Luck!!

Carol Scurs Cypress, TX

I purchased a three year plan and paid up front to get 3 months free. My husband had a heart attack and I knew he would not be able to fix everything that happens at our old house. We actually did not use it the first year, but the second year our AC broke down. The repairman came out and it was partially covered. We had the AC cleaned and maintenanced and the guy actually sprayed our avocado tree with the solution and it died. It broke down again about 6 months later, and repaired. Then again 6 months later which took 4 days to get the repairman and the part when it was over 95 every day. Each time, the AC was maintenanced and fixed. CHW paid for part of it each time, but not all of it. This time, they don't want to pay for any of it because I can't prove that it was maintenanced for the previous 10 years. The rep was rude and talked over me constantly saying the same thing about evidence of maintenance. I told them that I have only been using them for 3 years and that I had not kept every receipt for 10 years. The repairman was super and I discussed a new AC since it was repeatedly breaking down and 25 years old. I am now using the repairman to maintain the new AC that was put in and will never use a home warranty rip-off again. All they do is call their approved people. I would rather make that call myself and save $1289 that I paid for 3 years of poor service and partial payment of a call out fee. I tried to cancel, but the "fee" to cancel was a lot more than $50 they are showing. The remainder of the months I had left (about 6-7) was not enough to cover the cancellation fee. I told them to keep it and stop trying to get me to renew because it would never happen.

Amanda Brandon, FL

I enrroled for a 3 yrs protection, after doing the math realized thay That i could not aford to pay 3 yrs in a yr, called to change it, This time the answer was nota as quick ss when I enrroled , i was put on hold. 3 times each 20 mins or more, i had to call my discover and dispute already charges in transfer I lost my trust. This was not aclaim. , imagene what it will be to have a claim ?

frugal mom

The price was good compared to other companies

Lakisha Ancrum Dayton, OH

I sign up with choices on 3/7/18 and my rep was awesome. Very patient and understanding. Returned my call in a timely manner to answer questions. Thanks choices for securing my home. I am looking forward to our future interactions.

Patrick Wedertz

Just signed up with choice today, March 9, 2018, so as a result, I cannot honestly give an opinion yet, but your representative was very good.

Mary Joost

I had switched from another home warranty company due to the good reviews. My double oven broke and they are telling me they find it too expensive to repair. The amount they are offering me would only get a very cheap single oven. They do not replace it with an item similar to what you have. Very unhappy with them right now.

Ronda Steers Midlothian, VA

The Rep was very informed with the information he was selling me on. He was friendly and a few times I stepped him while talking and he was polite when I did.

Salima Clouden Bowie, MD

They're a bunch of low life scammers. I paid for two years. My bathroom had a leak. It was never covered. I was on hold for an hour and no one ever answer. Still can't believe I have been scam twice..standley and now choice warranty. Run!!!Stay Away!!!

Jerry West Point, GA

I just signed up today so I cannot speak for the actual product but they DO have probably the very best prices you will find on a month to month home warranty. BUT......visit Choice Home Warranty once for a simple quote and you will end up being blown up by emails and constant phone calls for WEEKS. If Choice did not have pretty much the best (best I have found) deal then I would not even have considered it. There is a fine line of "too much" and Choice goes well past that in its attempts to get your business. And the guy I spoke to when I finally chose to answer what was probably the 30th call or so since I looked for a quote.....he was a pushy salesman, I almost want to say I sensed a bit of rudeness.....certainly when I asked that I wanted to think about it a few hours, please call me back later....and he simply pressed me to choose NOW....yeah that irritated me a bit but I went ahead and signed up, probably in part to end the constant emails and phone calls.

Susan Franklin Tempe, AZ

I am happy that your company is readily available. We were not happy with one of your vendors but you did give us money towards getting it fixed properly. We would never want that vendor again. Every other experience with your company has been great.

Darlene McConnell Arlington, TX

Agent was very well informed. Answered all of my questions. Good service.