Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews Choice Home Warranty Logo

Choice Home Warranty

8.6

Buyer Be Aware Seagoville, TX

The sales reps, claims, customers service, well actually every person I’ve spoke with are pushy, ignorant, rude, and they Do Not understand the word ‘Customer Service’!! It is the very worse company I’ve Ever had to interact with Ever! When you submit a claim, the contractors Never immediately repair the issue on the day they come out. They take pictures of the item(s) that needs repaired, then they have to submit it to CHW for approval. IF Approved by CHW which is highly unlikely in the majority of my claims, you have to wait for CHW to contact you first. If approved, you have to make another appointment with the contractors to come out to repair the item. It’s a long drawn out process. It takes a few days to hear back from CHW to get an answer on your repairs, if your lucky enough to get their approval. Again CHW reps are the Very Worse people to talk too, they are so Very Rude! I’ve been with them for a year! When my contract is over, I will Not sign back up with them Again! Buyer Be Aware! Read All Reviews that have Actually Placed Claims with CHW! Review the Better Business Bural Reviews on the Company. Call and speak to their sales reps if your brave and strong enough to say No, just to get a feel of their Customer Service attitude. Read the Contract in Detail, it’s a pain to do so But it Will Save you money in the end! Good Luck!!

Carol Scurs Cypress, TX

I purchased a three year plan and paid up front to get 3 months free. My husband had a heart attack and I knew he would not be able to fix everything that happens at our old house. We actually did not use it the first year, but the second year our AC broke down. The repairman came out and it was partially covered. We had the AC cleaned and maintenanced and the guy actually sprayed our avocado tree with the solution and it died. It broke down again about 6 months later, and repaired. Then again 6 months later which took 4 days to get the repairman and the part when it was over 95 every day. Each time, the AC was maintenanced and fixed. CHW paid for part of it each time, but not all of it. This time, they don't want to pay for any of it because I can't prove that it was maintenanced for the previous 10 years. The rep was rude and talked over me constantly saying the same thing about evidence of maintenance. I told them that I have only been using them for 3 years and that I had not kept every receipt for 10 years. The repairman was super and I discussed a new AC since it was repeatedly breaking down and 25 years old. I am now using the repairman to maintain the new AC that was put in and will never use a home warranty rip-off again. All they do is call their approved people. I would rather make that call myself and save $1289 that I paid for 3 years of poor service and partial payment of a call out fee. I tried to cancel, but the "fee" to cancel was a lot more than $50 they are showing. The remainder of the months I had left (about 6-7) was not enough to cover the cancellation fee. I told them to keep it and stop trying to get me to renew because it would never happen.

Amanda Brandon, FL

I enrroled for a 3 yrs protection, after doing the math realized thay That i could not aford to pay 3 yrs in a yr, called to change it, This time the answer was nota as quick ss when I enrroled , i was put on hold. 3 times each 20 mins or more, i had to call my discover and dispute already charges in transfer I lost my trust. This was not aclaim. , imagene what it will be to have a claim ?

frugal mom

The price was good compared to other companies

Lakisha Ancrum Dayton, OH

I sign up with choices on 3/7/18 and my rep was awesome. Very patient and understanding. Returned my call in a timely manner to answer questions. Thanks choices for securing my home. I am looking forward to our future interactions.

Patrick Wedertz

Just signed up with choice today, March 9, 2018, so as a result, I cannot honestly give an opinion yet, but your representative was very good.

Mary Joost

I had switched from another home warranty company due to the good reviews. My double oven broke and they are telling me they find it too expensive to repair. The amount they are offering me would only get a very cheap single oven. They do not replace it with an item similar to what you have. Very unhappy with them right now.

Ronda Steers Midlothian, VA

The Rep was very informed with the information he was selling me on. He was friendly and a few times I stepped him while talking and he was polite when I did.

Salima Clouden Bowie, MD

They're a bunch of low life scammers. I paid for two years. My bathroom had a leak. It was never covered. I was on hold for an hour and no one ever answer. Still can't believe I have been scam twice..standley and now choice warranty. Run!!!Stay Away!!!

Jerry West Point, GA

I just signed up today so I cannot speak for the actual product but they DO have probably the very best prices you will find on a month to month home warranty. BUT......visit Choice Home Warranty once for a simple quote and you will end up being blown up by emails and constant phone calls for WEEKS. If Choice did not have pretty much the best (best I have found) deal then I would not even have considered it. There is a fine line of "too much" and Choice goes well past that in its attempts to get your business. And the guy I spoke to when I finally chose to answer what was probably the 30th call or so since I looked for a quote.....he was a pushy salesman, I almost want to say I sensed a bit of rudeness.....certainly when I asked that I wanted to think about it a few hours, please call me back later....and he simply pressed me to choose NOW....yeah that irritated me a bit but I went ahead and signed up, probably in part to end the constant emails and phone calls.

Susan Franklin Tempe, AZ

I am happy that your company is readily available. We were not happy with one of your vendors but you did give us money towards getting it fixed properly. We would never want that vendor again. Every other experience with your company has been great.

Darlene McConnell Arlington, TX

Agent was very well informed. Answered all of my questions. Good service.

Miriam Delavan Rochelle Park, NJ

The initial voice on the line seemed electronic. Even after I acknowledged her. There may have been a problem with echo on my phone but it was strange. But then I got to your sales man and he was very good. (Walter)

Marian Costello Tucson, AZ

I am "on the fence" with these ratings. I contracted four rental homes (with a three year contract) for PEACE OF MIND and so far, I have had more stress in following through with two claims. One critical claim was over Veteran's Day Weekend, so I had hoped this wasn't typical of Choice Home Warranty service. They couldn't find a service man to even begin the process for over five days. At the end of two separate service calls and the compressor completely breaking down, I was finally offered a total of $500 to replace a refrigerator that was not that old and had an "outside the door" water dispenser. Feature to feature would be a MINIMUM of $800. I ended up spending over $1000 to replace the refrigerator and got a whopping $500 from Choice Home Warranty. (Subtract the two service calls I paid from that total) My ONGOING issue is with a clothes dryer that was reported "not working" SIX DAYS AGO. A serviceman arrived yesterday and said the control board needed replacing and he would let Choice Hone know. The company called Choice Home at 6am. When I called Choice Home at 8am, they said they were still waiting to hear from the appliance company. To make a long story shorter, after multiple phone calls, I am still waiting for both companies to stop telling me, "He said; She said" and just PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE STATUS AND NEXT STEP in this painful process. My tenants would like an operating washing machine.

Cyntrena Lakeland, FL

I was out shopping for a home warranty and as I was reading up information about Choice I decided to call to get a better understanding. What I was displeased with in my experience was my sales rep I had to ask him was he in a hurry because he was over talking me and not allowing me to ask questions. He seemed to in a hurry and I definitely did not like that.

DAN MORALES Knoxville, TN

Purchased warranty 12/27/17 0n monthly payments. 5 days later i get a phone call from the sales dept that if i pay it in 6 months i would get a free month i figured no problem . Called in on 3/4/17 to put in a claim , service guy comes out no problem 3-5 days and will have part. 2 days later choice rep calls and tells me its not a warranty item after they knew up front what it was . So i have been calling twice a day since 3-4-17 leaving messages and no has returned my call all i want is to cancel and get my money back and that doesn't seem to be happening because i cant get them on the phone to cancel. had to cancel my credit card so they wont do and auto pay. This Company SUCKS i am out $350.00 plus all the time i am having to go through to try to cancel

A. Ware Virginia Beach, VA

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!! Reps only interested in taking your money. Its a fight for anything to get fixed. When you try to get your money back it's another fight. Been with the company a short time and glad I got out while I still can. I do not recommend this company to ANYONE!

Kathy McLean Arlington, TX

The initial signing up: very quick, and Damont answered all my questions and concerns fully. I appreciated that the question of having a senior or veteran in the family was asked (because a lot of us forget to ask) therefore giving me a better affordable warranty. Thank you

Carol Round Grove, OK

I do NOT recommend Choice Home Warranty. While their prices may be inexpensive, their customer service is horrible. It took six phone calls in one day to get an answer to my refrigerator problem. While it was finally resolved, the problem is a lack of communication between departments, but I wasted almost an entire day on the phone with them. I decided to switch companies and had to get angry with Ryan--a retention employee, who kept trying to get me to give the company another chance. I repeatedly told him NO and said I'd already switched companies. He was rude and arrogant. I don't lose my temper very often, but I lost it with Ryan.

First time Columbia, MO

Customer service, handling claims, is poor

Natalie

Rep never sent over warranty info after call. Emailed asking for it. Rep sent over a link. I asked what it included and he sent over another link. Really didnt seem to want to talk unless I said I would buy. I wouldnt purchase from him at this point.

Maynard Sylvester Ostrander, OH

When contacted by home warranty I found them to be upfront and honest. They explained all parts of the plan and the discounts advisable to seniors . I did not feel any pressure to purchase but did so based on my needs.

Tracy Hopewell Junction, NY

I am very happy with Choice Home in that they covered my heating system for a part that would have cost me 550.00 out of pocket instead it only cost my service fee of 60.00. So far they have covered and paid all claims over the last year. So far so good.

Rafael Dothan, AL

Always taking care my house issues.thanks

Gregory Morris Springfield, MO

Great customer service! Fast, fast, fast service. The, washer, and garbage disposal was fix fast!

desiree Panama City, FL

THE WORSE COMPANY!!!! I AM ON DAY 10 OF NO HOT WATER!! DO NOT LET THE LOWER PRICING FOOL YOU!! YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET

Phil Brookshire, TX

Quick and easy sign-up that's hassle free. Hoping I don't need to use the coverage but nice to know it's there if needed.

Pat Gomes Plano, TX

Enrollment process was painless thanks to Brad's help.

Jack Cooper Waverly Hall, GA

The amount of information provided as well as the personal interaction was extremely helpful in making my decision to go with Choice Home Warranty! Thanks!

Minthia Beason Concord, NC

The service representative Michael W. was very professional and very helpful . He explain what the warranty provided in detailed which helped decide to switch to Choice.

Reva Cosby Cibolo, TX

Covered items are very limited. But, the covered items have been very satisfactory.

Diana Bunger Meridian, ID

Naturally, my incident happened on the weekend. I was notified Promptly the day and the time. The company would come out. I was totally surprised that Choice Home Warranty OK to replace the unit. I am tickled pink I won’t be having future problems with the new unit. Thank you so much CHW.

Avery Perkins Monroe, OH

Every time we had a claim there was a major negotiation. You didn't just pay your copay and get it fixed. They would find some way to say it was your fault and when we complained they would come back and say ok wee will pay this and have to pay the rest. I guess that is better than nothing , but what a hassle.

Michael Houston, TX

The thing I like the most is the quick response time from CHW. I have called in the morning to place a claim and that afternoon, I will have a technician at my home. I like how the company follows up on service calls. So far the cost of buying the contract has paid itself off. I really like that.

Michael L. Tice Clinton, MD

I have more coverage for less money. For now

Gregory Arthur Martinsville, IN

Every thing went great until the salesman kept trying to up sale me when I kept declining. He did his job well but when the customer says no thanks so many times, it doesn't mean keep trying to push it.

Arthur Mitchell Winter Garden, FL

Their sales reps hang up on you if you take too long to make a decision. Happened twice to me.

Anonymous East Stroudsburg, PA

Asked rep to send me info via email and to call me back and he never did

Jason Richmond Hill, GA

I’m in sales and man they are fast. They want your business. While I haven’t had to use this service yet I can only hope that are as good on the service side as they are in sales and we will have a great relationship.

Marilyn Monroe

MANY 5 STAR RATINGS - THEY HAVE GREAT SALESMEN. HOWEVER, they do not stand by their product, or pay claims. Don't be fooled! Read real reviews from people who actually attempted to file a claim!

Calvin Jones Wilmington, DE

My sales person was Matt. He was great to deal with and he looked into everything , every possible plan that he could offer me with a focus on giving me the best plan for the best price. I was not going to purchase anything from Choice this morning but because of Matt, I will be with your company for along time, I have another home that I plan to cover with your company as soon as my other contract is up. Thank you Matt

Luigi Negri Hialeah, FL

Wayne was a great representative of Choice Home Warranty. He was able to walk me trough the process and explain as the application unfolded.

Sharon Neal Las Vegas, NV

I was able to get a great plan, because Nathan was very knowledgeable, wfhigh helped a lot

jeff Rosenfeld Henderson, NV

Horrible company. I have a goodman AC that stopped working. After waiting 4 weeks in the summer for replacement coils from Goodman we found out that they only replace units under warranty. Well they had to replace the entire Air Exchanger. MY contract read that if they cannot fix it they will replace it. After a $2400 charge for the unit Choice refused to pay or reimburse me. They stated lack of maintanancel. After I supplied them with 3 years worth of Professional maintannace from Silver State they stated maybe I should use another company. These guys are theives. They will not honor their contract. Do not do business with them.

mike green Crescent, OK

You were honest and explained the coverage in full. No surprises!

Hoy Cox Springfield, GA

David was very informative gave me all the information that I ask for and he added so that I had not thought of very pleased with all the help and information that I got

RON MILLER Culpeper, VA

Eddy was my sales representative and did a fabulous job at clearly articulating the scope and depth of my joining Choice Home Warranty preceded by nearly 20 years with American Home Shield. Eddy presented a much stronger case for departing the folks at AHS to align with the folks he represents. I felt as though he helped me buy a service vs being sold a service.

Yasmine Trein Orlando, FL

My garbage disposal broke. I put in a work order and the next day I had a contractor at my door changing it out for me. The process was seamless and so quick. Highly recommend.

Rachel Mabe West Augusta, VA

Very easy to sign up for home warranty. Excellent customer service!

Mary Gaines Caret, VA

My overall experience with my account Rep, Eli, was pleasant. He did not pressure me into anything, but only made the offers as they were presented and left it totally up to me to select a payment plan to my liking. He also answered all of my questions to my satisfactions and did not rush me into making a decision today. Thank you and I look forward to using this service. mbgaines