Alder

5.3

Teresa

I have nothing good to say about Alder. I’ve left a review before and my opinion has not changed at all. I can’t get past the rudeness of the lady that answered the phone when I called on day 29 of receiving my system to tell them I hadn't tried it yet. And the sales man was pushy also.

Brandie Jones

Have great success, no issues, my alarm went off one time and they called me immediately. Great Customer Service!

Daniel L Percoco

Pleasant and we like the features on the pad with a voice letting us know if our doors are open or closed

Paul Loiacono

Over all good. I wish they would’ve recommended a few more pieces of equipment. I feel that I am short a motion sensor and a glass break

Demarcus Memphis, TN

Well to be honest my back door sensor went out 3 months ago. I talk with customer service bout this was the second time it went out no response. My alarm was triggered because door was not fully closed the response team called and ask if it was a false alarm and I said yes but still had the local mpd come out and I was charged.

Caiti Austin, TX

I like the notification of the door opening, but I feel I didn't get enough time to consider my agreement and now feel stuck in a contract I no longer want.

Levelta Jenkins Carlsbad, NM

It was relatively easy to install. It works and we get calls when the alarm goes off. Our prior security monitoring company did not call.

Scott Rochester, MN

The service is great. But needed a replacement camera. It took weeks to get it. They're parts department needs to speed up a lot.

Patricia Greensboro, NC

Overall satisfaction but had a few alarm trips that did not result in the company calling to check to see if there was a breach.

Nehem Brown Savannah, GA

Best system, easy to use, no problems, and love how you can run tests to make sure the system is working correctly.

Brenna F Colorado Springs, CO

Products are mediocre and they require cellular service to connect to dispatch (which we lacked due to living in the CO mountains). Customer service is unhelpful and, very frequently, dismissive and rude. We canceled our service due to lack of cellular coverage (not people able to connect to 911-dispatch was a deal-breaker) within 2 weeks of starting our trial and attempted to initiate the cancellation process so we would be reimbursed for the expensive upfront cost of equipment. Here we are 10 months later, still being billed and penalized (what Alder calls "bounce fees") for trying to cancel payments/service on our end because their customer service can't seem to cancel our account. We returned our equipment and were promised full reimbursement for that... still haven't seen a dime there. And our account is still "active" and being billed $60/month even though we never effectively set up our equipment and no longer own it - and, to our knowledge, we have canceled the service TWICE. I was billed as recently as yesterday, unbelievable. We have spoken to a different account rep to cancel our account 3x now over the last 10 months. And one customer service representative we spoke to, in particular, (I wish I could remember her name), refused to help me. She told me I owed a "bounce fee" that I have never been notified about (email or USPS mail) and refused to transfer me to the right department/person to cancel my account. She said I needed to settle the "bounce fee" to be transferred to the Accounts department or even to speak with her supervisor. Even though I can clearly see that I have been billed every month for the last 10 months on my credit card statements. And after I hung up with her and redialed the customer service number, the "bounce fee" was never mentioned. Most frustrating customer service call I have ever experienced. This company is the biggest scam when it comes to ending your service; they refuse to let you go. We've probably lost close to $1000 all-in "trying" this security service out and we still don't know if our 3rd attempt to cancel the service will succeed. Working with this company has been the biggest headache. SAVE YOUR MONEY and go with SIMPLISAFE. We have been with SimpliSafe since trying to cancel this service almost a year ago and it's cheaper, doesn't need a cell signal to connect to dispatch (just wifi), and is less than half the cost. I will never recommend this service to anyone I know. I will actively advise against it. I hope no one has to endure an experience like we have had - which is why I can't recommend enough taking your business elsewhere! DO NOT USE ALDER.

Vicki Richmond, TX

If I could do negative stars, I would. This company has the worst customer service. I called and was told my contract expired and then when I called to try and cancel my service because I've been unhappy with the service I was told my contract had auto renewed. Clearly not true and they refused to cancel. They lied about my fire alarms being connected to the alarm, lied about extending my contract when I added a camera. The doorbell camera is horrible. It has a sensor that keeps breaking so hasn't worked in months. The panel has a battery that keeps reading low battery and they can't fix so that stupid thing keeps going off. This is the worst company to do business with. Company trustworthiness is a JOKE.

Reece Bernard Atlanta, GA

I got the package they offered and realized it was not enough to protect my home. I called to ask about purchasing more equipment. The rep I was talking to would not answer any of my questions and kept repeating the same bullet points clearly from a script. They are pretty cheap so for value I gave them a 3 When talking to a rep and deciding on my package I was given something that clearly would not fit my needs, so for quality I would give a 2. Customer service was terrible. I did call at 8am EST so maybe the Utah center is better. The seller sold me a product that clearly would not fit my needs, the company allows you to opt out of selling your personal information, but there is a 45 day wait period. I tried to do the easy return for your money and told me I have to wait to return it and get my money back. I wish I could give a zero for Company trustworthiness.

Joyce Hernandez Crockett, TX

Alder is the worst alarm system ever. I've been with them 2or3 weeks and my system don't work properly. They want me to wait 2 months before they send someone out to fix it. They guy name Christopher C want respond to my calls. Someone was supposed to come out today. No one showed up. I hate I ever i signed up with alder. So I will tell everyone to think twice before signing up with this company. They will charge you for everything. They said they wasn't going to charge me until they fix it. I'll see cause their word ain't worth nothing.

Delores Davis

Very responsive and reliable. I believe that Alder would be there whenever we need them to respond to a problem or to get help of some kind.

Reply from Alder

Delores, thank you for your review. We hope you enjoy your system!

Jul. 23rd, 2018

Stanley Eason

I like the way it works in the house and the voice of the machine telling you that the front door and the back door is open

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Stanley!

Jul. 19th, 2018

Natasha

Monthly fee was more than I was quoted. Was told the battery would last 6 months on each camera and I've already had to charge both of them. Most times the live feed doesn't load.

Reply from Alder

Natasha, thanks for your review. I want to make sure things go more smoothly for you. Please know that you can call our tech support team directly at 844-442-5337 Ext 731 if you need anything. You may also contact us at if you have any other outstanding concerns.

Jul. 21st, 2018

Dawn Whatley Baytown, TX

I recommend this company to everyone. I can call and they'll help me walk through the system if I need it. I work late and I like having this.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your remarks, Dawn! Glad to hear you're happy with the system!

Jul. 11th, 2018

Mary Ester

The equipment is good, we really enjoy the service that is provided. The technician was very helpful and did what he was supposed to do. It's a good deal.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on Alder, Mary! Hope you enjoy your system.

Jul. 11th, 2018

Lee Stafford

Any question I have they get right back to me with an answer. They are always listening to it, even for the wrong code.

Reply from Alder

Lee, thanks for leaving a review! Glad to hear your thoughts.

Jul. 3rd, 2018

Derek Wilkins Pine Bluff, AR

I was having problems with my alarm the other day and it was a struggle to get customer support. I've had my system for about a month and have had some problems with it.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review and thoughts, Derek. Sorry to hear that! Please reach out to us at so that we can make sure you have a smooth experience going forward with your system.

Charles Demumbreum Nashville, TN

I really like it because if someone breaks into my house and I'm not there I'll be notified on my cell phone that there are intruders.

Reply from Alder

Glad to hear you like the system, Charles! We know that it will keep you and your family protected.

Rene Carr Franklin, VA

When the representative came to my house she explained everything about the security system very well. It's been working great and I love it.

Reply from Alder

Rene, thanks for leaving a review for us! Glad to hear your rep did a great job for you. Welcome to the Alder family!

Ursula Clark Tulsa, OK

I called to cancel because I found out I had cancer but they are now helping me with the payments. They're very good people.

Reply from Alder

Ursula, thanks for your review. We thank you for choosing Alder and wish you good health.

Karen Bonaparte Anderson, IN

Their customer service is there for you and they take their time to answer your questions. I haven't had any trouble since I've had it.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Karen. We're happy you chose Alder, and we welcome you to our family!

Mary Chandler Heflin, AL

I like it because it's not plugged into the wall and it's easy to get to. When the alarm goes off the company responds quickly.

Cathy Pines Houston, TX

Every time I have some kind of complication it doesn't take long to get a hold of them. Everything is at a reasonable price and it's easy to use.

Reply from Alder

Cathy, thanks for your review! We appreciate hearing from you and hope you enjoy peace of mind with your Alder system.

Trent MathisDurham Cordova, TN

I just recently signed up and got my equipment and connected it today. It was simple and I had no issues. I am aware of the contact terms which were discussed during the final step of my phone order. Hopefully my experience will be better than some of the ones I am ready, but as of now I am definitely a satisfied customer.

Reply from Alder

Hi Trent. Thanks for your review. We're happy to know that you're happy with your new system. Let us know if you ever need anything. --Scott

Aug. 23rd, 2019

Justin Z Willis, TX

Very happy with the service. I’m reading half these people comments saying it’s a 5yr contact. The seller told me it was and it’s on the fine print. Always read the small print! Seller even Asked me if I wanted to read the small print but I did my part. Pretty happy with them no issues.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Justin! We appreciate your feedback and are glad you're happy with your Alder system. Let us know if you need anything. --Scott

Aug. 1st, 2019

La Donn Bruceville-Eddy, TX

I am super surprised to read all the negative reviews. We switched to Alder a year ago and have had no problems at all. They few times we have needed service they have been very responsive. We received the credits promised for buying out the contract from our previous security company. Hopefully our good fortune with the company will continue.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review! We appreciate hearing your feedback, and we strive to keep providing great service for you. If you ever need anything, simply call us or email us at . --Scott

Jan. 3rd, 2019

Michelle Guy New Caney, TX

We have had our Alder security system for 2 years now and have been completely satisfied, no issues, no problems. Anytime we have questions we call and have been assisted right away. We have never had a issue with billing and our salesman was fantastic!! Thank you Alder for this great system and service!! Terry and Michelle G. Texas

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Michelle. Glad to hear your feedback! We hope you continue to enjoy using your Alder system. --Scott

Nov. 26th, 2018

Melva Willis Dumfries, VA

Great sales, great product, customer service, and more for your money. They changed out my system to theirs and also saved me money on my monitoring fee each month. Last but not least, I received more equipment above what I already had installed. LOVE IT!!

Reply from Alder

Melva, thanks for your review! We're so glad to hear you love your new equipment! Thank you for choosing Alder.

Jun. 5th, 2018

Yolanda Dallas, TX

My experience with Elder was great they installed all the same day and explain us how we use this system, very nice, very professional people, and very helpful for me and my family they answer every questions every concerns we had and my family and feel safe at home.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your thoughts, Yolanda! Happy to have you join the Alder family!

Jun. 5th, 2018

Wilmore Long Sicily Island, LA

We recently signed on with Alder after a referral from a friend. When comparing services offered with other companies we found that they extended greater opportunities and services at a fair rate. Overall the service has been exactly what we were looking for. Everyone that I’ve sooken with has been knowledgeable and willing to serve.

Reply from Alder

Hi Wilmore! Thanks for your review and feedback. We appreciate hearing from you. We're glad you chose Alder!

Jun. 1st, 2018

Kimberly Jenkins Indianapolis, IN

I was very delighted and impressed with my initial meeting with Alder sales rep. Skyler! He was very pleasant, polite, and informative! And our system installer Asa was just as pleasant, polite, and informative! Overall I am very pleased!

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your feedback, Kimberly. We value your thoughts, and we are glad that Skyler and Asa provided great service for you and your home. Thanks for choosing Alder!

Apr. 24th, 2018

Tawnya Rideaux Houston, TX

Matt, the tech that installed my system was very knowledgeable about the product. He explained the system with great detail. He also allowed me and my family members to operate the system before he left and made sure we had full understanding of the alarm system.

Reply from Alder

Hi Tawnya. Thanks for your review. We're glad that Matt did a fantastic job for you. Welcome to the Alder family!

Apr. 6th, 2018

Sharon Houston, TX

The people setting up the account and equipment were knowledgeable, professional and courteous. Later when I had a meltdown and set off my alarm the young man went beyond in patience and concern for my problem. We have been pleased with changing our service.

Reply from Alder

Sharon, thanks so much for your review. It's good to know that your rep was there for you when you needed him. Welcome to he Alder family!

Lenora Speed Hampton, VA

I was under the impression initially that because I was being chosen as P R tool for my neighbor, that there would be no cost to me. But that soon changed as the conversation went on. I believe that Adler trained their workers to use that initial free line just to get the customer to take the bait. Well it worked but I just wanted you to know I could have rejected the whole deal, if I had wanted to but I'll try it out. Seems like something I can use.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Lenora. We're glad that you've given us a chance to serve you. If you ever need anything or have any concerns you'd like to discuss, feel free to reach out to us at .

Andrew Bard Virginia Beach, VA

Timing was bad the first day but Mike W. was awesome about accomodating our schedule. He explained everything and answered all my questions. Then on install Terrell was great to work with. He went through everything and showed us how to work it with no problems. They were both kind and courteous in our home.

Reply from Alder

Andrew, thank you for your review. We're excited to hear your feedback, and to hear that Mike and Terrell did a great job for you. Welcome to the Alder family!

Beatrice Smith Madison Heights, MI

Alder provided me excellent service. No upfront fees. Nothing extra on equipment and installation was same day. Option was given on service contract length. It should move to the top of the list. I also received a medic alert necklace, my choice, included in my $49

Reply from Alder

Beatrice, thanks for your review! We're glad that you chose Alder. Feel free to let us know if you ever need anything!

Mar. 29th, 2018

Christina

I’ve had a frustrating experience. Long wait times consistently with customer service and technicians. Feels very small scale and not on the same level as ADT.

Mayo Holloway

My experience has been great,I have been pleased ever since I got Alder,Great customer service

Grant D

Good so far, but I think the follow up after the sale has been sub standard. No one called to follow up on product performance

Private

Hard to get in touch with and it’s like buying a car, they’ll promise and tell you anything to sell the product and very pushy. You do it now or you don’t get it no research possible

Kathy Palmer, MI

very positive all representatives are very friendly and well informed about the products

Deborah Hunt Saint George, UT

Very good. Feeling very assured, if we were to get burgled, they would deter them.

Terrance Johnson Columbus, GA

Great I love this company I love everything that this company bring and does for their customers

Sherice Baton Rouge, LA

It's been great! I receive all alerts and when I call Customer Service, they are always helpful.

Dorothy Lattimore Newport News, VA

At this time I cannot think of anything I like. I dislike the fact that my panel stop functioning, sent it to the company as they requested. Have been waiting for the new panel for over a month. I have no service yet they debited my account. They give me the same bull every time I call. They got a tracking number from FedEx but have not sent the package to FedEx.

ROBIN COTTRELL GLENN Cincinnati, OH

This is the WORST company.. They lie!! HORRIBLE customer service!! A bunch of none clear speaking individuals staff their customer service call center!! They REFUSE to answer questions and REFUSE to elevate complaint calls.. I was told my contract is theo 60 months.. THAT IS TOTALLY BOGUS!!! I HATE ALDER and will do whatever I have to do to be RID OF THEM!!! ALDER SUCKS