Contact a company – $100 satisfaction guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

5.9

Alder

verified
Price: $29.99+/Month

Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option with no service windows by shipping the alarm systems directly to the customer's home. The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder believes in total home safety and uniquely provides more equipment to cover more of the home compared to other home security providers that are focused on door-to-door sales.

#1 Protect America Logo Protect America ›

9.2

Overall
Score

#2 Guardian Protection Logo Guardian Protection ›

8.7

Overall
Score

#3 Frontpoint Logo Frontpoint ›

8.5

Overall
Score

#8 Alder Logo Alder ›

5.9

Overall
Score

The Good

• Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Affordable Plans
  • Full Equipment
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location. Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Affordable Plans and Price Lock Guarantee

Alder alarm systems are affordably priced starting at $39.99. This is on the lower end of home security pricing plans. Alder also ensures a price lock guarantee, so you don't have to worry about your plan continually getting more expensive.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensor
  • Smart door locks
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants feature an alert button that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owner is in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick!

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

The Bad

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the options for garage door access or small appliance control devices.

However, this doesn't mean that Alder is completely lacking home automation functions. Quite the contrary. Home automation features such as smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts are all included. This likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website. Interested individuals are encouraged to reach out to the company for more information.

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices. Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price lock guarantee. However, customers should be aware that they must sign a long-term contract (3-year contract) with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services. Although, this is relatively common in the home security industry. Read Alder security reviews below to see what current and past homeowners using Alder's services have to say about its customer service, equipment, and monthly monitoring.

View Best Home Security Companies

Reviews from #1 Home Security Company

Protect America

DCH
October 11th, 2018 | Hampton, VA

Jenny was great. We recently had to move due to a threat to my home. My old setup wasn’t effective. After speaking to Jenny my wife and I started to brainstorm with her and she kept giving us options that were affordable and EXACTLY what we were looking for. Now can’t wait to get it in and installed. Rush ship it please 😄

Kelly Geels
September 17th, 2018 | Visalia, CA

Fast set up and great customer service, system works well. Love that equipment was free and no contracts! Perfect for our family

3.5

Brittany
July 23rd, 2018 Monongahela, PA DETAILS

If I could give 0 stars I would. Our salesperson told us to give him a month’s notice if we ever want to cancel. We haven’t been able to contact him since he sold us our system which was 7 months ago. Customer service is a joke and told us there is nothing they can do about it. Terrible service, I wouldn’t want anyone to get this security system. A waste of money for months because no one will help us cancel our service.

[email protected]Jul 23, 2018

Thanks for your review. I apologize that this has been your experience so far. I'd like to change that and get things rolling more smoothly for you. Please, reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number. Thanks again.

Theresa Gonzales
July 16th, 2018 DETAILS

No calls to verify active alarm being set off. Calls for confirmation. Including when Smoke Alarm activates

[email protected]Jul 19, 2018

Theresa, thanks for your review. Please reach out to us as needed at 844-442-5337.

Stanley Eason
July 16th, 2018 DETAILS

I like the way it works in the house and the voice of the machine telling you that the front door and the back door is open

[email protected]Jul 19, 2018

Thanks for your review, Stanley!

Patricia T. Hicks
July 16th, 2018 DETAILS

Have not had any problems with Alder when calling for service. Response time is good.

[email protected]Jul 19, 2018

Hi Patricia. Thanks for your review!

Natasha
July 16th, 2018 DETAILS

Monthly fee was more than I was quoted. Was told the battery would last 6 months on each camera and I've already had to charge both of them. Most times the live feed doesn't load.

[email protected]Jul 21, 2018

Natasha, thanks for your review. I want to make sure things go more smoothly for you. Please know that you can call our tech support team directly at 844-442-5337 Ext 731 if you need anything. You may also contact us at [email protected] if you have any other outstanding concerns.

DiRhonda Gosey
July 16th, 2018 DETAILS

Great company very good customer service

[email protected]Jul 21, 2018

Hi, thank you for leaving a review!

BH
July 16th, 2018 DETAILS

Horrible support no follow up not actually providing service

[email protected]Jul 21, 2018

Thank you for your review. We apologize this has been your experience so far! Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number so that we can identify all your concerns and come to a resolution for you. Thanks again.

Theresa Charlot
July 11th, 2018 Church Point, LA DETAILS

They are respectful and honest. I think it's the most safe system for our home.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Theresa--thanks for leaving a review for us!

Robin Mcginnis
July 11th, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS

This Alder system is a great deal. They have been very friendly and prompt.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Robin, thank you for taking time for leaving a review!

Dawn Whatley
July 11th, 2018 Baytown, TX DETAILS

I recommend this company to everyone. I can call and they'll help me walk through the system if I need it. I work late and I like having this.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Thanks for your remarks, Dawn! Glad to hear you're happy with the system!

Howard Swinton
July 11th, 2018 Morrilton, AR DETAILS

We chose this company because of their updated equipment. Customer service hasn't returned all of our calls.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Hi Howard, thanks for your review. We apologize for your experience so far. Please reach out to us at [email protected] so we can make sure your concerns are resolved and you have a smoother experience going forward. Thank you. --Scott

Bettye Perry
July 11th, 2018 Meridian, MS DETAILS

The young man that came out here was very nice and really respectful and courteous. He explained everything about the system. The system is doing good and they have responded quickly.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Thanks for your review! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Ricky Carrington
July 11th, 2018 Magnolia, AR DETAILS

It's a very high tech system with a reasonable price. They were excellent in how they explained how it works. If I have a problem they are very happy to come out to help me or or explain it over the phone .

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Ricky, thank you for your review. Glad to have you join the Alder family.

Eunice Finch
July 11th, 2018 Newport News, VA DETAILS

This is a very good, simple, effective system. It has the highest technology in its category and a good monthly price. Customer service is good, they have called and checked back with us and made sure it was operating well.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Eunice--we appreciate hearing your feedback. Thanks!

Connell Thompson
July 11th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

I don't know why I went with this company, but it was a mistake. The equipment and customer service is poor.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Connell, thanks for your review. Sorry to hear this. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number so we can resolve your concerns as they relate to equipment and service. Thank you. --Scott

Benny Thompson
July 11th, 2018 Monroe, LA DETAILS

I am dissatisfied with this service. It's not working properly, it keeps going off at night and says it is a miscalculation, it's a failure. I don't think they are trustworthy.

[email protected]Jul 09, 2018

Annie, thanks for your review! We're glad you chose Alder.

July 11th, 2018 Saraland, AL DETAILS

The were very thorough and explained everything very well. We have not had any problems with it.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Hi! Thanks for your review.

Dolores Marinello
July 11th, 2018 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS

We bought this system because it's not telephone activated and it's a good price.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Hi Dolores, thanks for your review. We're glad to hear your feedback! Let us know if there's anything we can do for you. --Scott

Harold Allen
July 11th, 2018 Tallulah, LA DETAILS

The equipment is good and the service is affordable. Dependable and they're there when I need them. It's easy to use and they are an excellent company for me.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Harold, thanks for your review! Glad to hear about your thoughts on the system and service.

Albert Pendlebury
July 11th, 2018 Blackfoot, ID DETAILS

They have been very courteous, professional and prompt and got everything taken care of. They were good at explaining the new alarm system to us. They always answer quickly and we've never any problems that they didn't resolve. This company is less expensive than a previous company we had.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Albert, glad to hear you chose Alder! We hope you enjoy your system.

Mary Ester
July 11th, 2018 DETAILS

The equipment is good, we really enjoy the service that is provided. The technician was very helpful and did what he was supposed to do. It's a good deal.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on Alder, Mary! Hope you enjoy your system.

Johnette Jerrett
July 11th, 2018 Spring, TX DETAILS

There is no bulky equipment and it's simple to use.The customer service is excellent. The installer was very, very professional and explained everything to me. My experience has been really good, they always call me right away if I put my code in wrong or go out the door without putting it in. It's a little pricey, but I'm willing to pay it.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Johnette, thanks for your review. We are happy to hear how you've enjoyed everything so far! Welcome to the Alder family.

Candice Newton
July 11th, 2018 Monroe, LA DETAILS

It was a great offer and I needed this for my protection. They offered me great financing. It's a very accurate system.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Hi Candice, thanks for leaving us a review!

Kristine
July 10th, 2018 DETAILS

They never come check equipment have had one guy stop only because I seen him on the road

[email protected]Jul 10, 2018

Hi Kristine. Thanks for your review! We apologize for that. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or account number so that we can fix that and make sure you get technical help whenever you need it.

Charlaine Skeel
July 10th, 2018 DETAILS

I felt they took advantage of my situation, I thought I was talking with a representative from my current security co. When I asked if he was working under contract with the company I was with he didn't deny it just saying we're our own company. The technician did not put sensors on doors he listed as being secured & did not activate the remote but told me it was ready to go. I spent an hour on the phone with another technician setting these things up myself. I was charged the activating fee of $9.80 twice when I questioned it I was told they didn't know why that happened but they could not credit it until I sent them a copy of my bank statement proving both payments had cleared my account! I had no issues with the company I had been with for the past 10 years and I regret changing.

[email protected]Jul 10, 2018

Thank you for your review, Charlaine. I apologize this has been your experience with Alder so far. Please contact us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number so we can come to a speedy resolution and make sure you have a smoother experience going forward! Thanks again. -Scott

Joel Gilbert
July 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Customer support is horrible and your ability to successfully ship any replacement parts is abysmal. We are still waiting on a battery back up for our main alarm panel. You shipped it once to the wrong address which you have done before on other items. I point out that you need to ship to our mailing address and I have no idea as to what you do next.

[email protected]Jul 10, 2018

Hi Joel. Thanks for your feedback. I apologize for the way things have gone! We want to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen again. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number so we can take care of things with you going forward. Thanks! -Scott

Byron Smith
July 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Not honorable!! Heading into 3 months and haven't held up to their part of the contract. Still haven't bought out contract from Guardian!!

[email protected]Jul 10, 2018

Byron, thank you for leaving a review. Sorry to hear this! Please know that we want to make sure we take care of paying off your previous company. I apologize for the delay. If you can, please send us a copy of the Guardian contract as well as your Guardian final bill statement if you haven't already. You can send them to [email protected] Otherwise, I will look into why there has been this delay. Thanks! -Scott

Leonard Phillips
July 10th, 2018 DETAILS

The company is trash there products are trash and customer service is trash

[email protected]Jul 10, 2018

Hi Leonard, thanks for your review. We're sorry you feel this way! If there is anything specific we need to help you out with, please let us know it by contacting us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number. Thanks again. -Scott

Patrice Taylor
July 10th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

Alder is a scam, Do not feed into their lies. They never told us about a 3 day cancellation or the 5 year contract. They will not let you cancel the service with them. If i could give them 0 stars i would.

[email protected]Jul 10, 2018

Hi Patrice, thanks for your review. Sorry you've had this experience with Alder so far. We want to make sure we rectify your concerns. Please contact us at [email protected] so that we can have a more detailed discussion about resolving your main concerns. Thanks again! -Scott

Vera Liggians
July 9th, 2018 Port Gibson, MS DETAILS

Whenever you ask them something, they try and get you the best information.

[email protected]Jul 09, 2018

Hi Vera, thanks for your review!

anonymous
July 9th, 2018 Otis Orchards, WA DETAILS

Everything's working fine. I haven't gotten used to the touch screen panel yet, and it has some problems turning off.

Juan Maldonado
July 9th, 2018 Bon Aqua, TN DETAILS

They're very responsible in taking care of issues.

[email protected]Jul 09, 2018

Juan, thank you for your review! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Guadalupe Garcia
July 9th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

It's always easy to communicate with them. It's also easy to use.

[email protected]Jul 09, 2018

We appreciate your review, Guadalupe!

Mary Romero
July 9th, 2018 Henryetta, OK DETAILS

I changed my mind the day after they installed it, and they won't respond to my requests to have it pulled. I don't think the equipment is what they said it was.

[email protected]Jul 09, 2018

Hi Mary, thanks for your review. Sorry you've had this experience so far! I see that we are cancelling your account and will issue a full refund once we receive the equipment. I apologize for the delay in this process! Please contact us at [email protected] if you need any more help. Thanks. -Scott

Wayne Hannah
July 9th, 2018 Anderson, IN DETAILS

They tell you one thing and do something else. My experience with them was a bunch of lies

[email protected]Jul 09, 2018

Thank you for your review, Wayne. Sorry to hear this has been your experience with Alder so far! Please reach out to us at [email protected] so that we can make sure your concerns get fully resolved. Thanks again! -Scott

Inez Elam
July 9th, 2018 Aiken, SC DETAILS

The sales rep provided us with all the information. He was very kind and I trusted him.

[email protected]Jul 09, 2018

Inez, thanks for your review! Happy that you chose Alder for your home protection!

Chester Shoemaker
July 9th, 2018 Muncie, IN DETAILS

We haven't had any problems so far. It doesn't take up much space or bother me.

[email protected]Jul 09, 2018

Hi Chester. Thanks for leaving a review for us!

William Bass
July 9th, 2018 Crystal Springs, MS DETAILS

They do a good job every time they come out. They have good equipment.

[email protected]Jul 09, 2018

Thanks for your review, William!

Leona Hanneken
July 9th, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS

I get answers when I call them. They're system works.

[email protected]Jul 09, 2018

Leona, thank you for your review. Glad to hear your feedback!

Robert Grandy
July 9th, 2018 Warren, AR DETAILS

It keeps me up to date. They're also very prompt.

[email protected]Jul 09, 2018

Robert, glad to hear you enjoy the system and the services!