Contact a company – $100 satisfaction guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

5.9

Alder

verified
Price: $29.99+/Month

Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option with no service windows by shipping the alarm systems directly to the customer's home. The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder believes in total home safety and uniquely provides more equipment to cover more of the home compared to other home security providers that are focused on door-to-door sales.

#1 Protect America Logo Protect America ›

9.2

Overall
Score

#2 Guardian Protection Logo Guardian Protection ›

8.7

Overall
Score

#3 Frontpoint Logo Frontpoint ›

8.5

Overall
Score

#8 Alder Logo Alder ›

5.9

Overall
Score

The Good

• Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Affordable Plans
  • Full Equipment
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location. Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Affordable Plans and Price Lock Guarantee

Alder alarm systems are affordably priced starting at $39.99. This is on the lower end of home security pricing plans. Alder also ensures a price lock guarantee, so you don't have to worry about your plan continually getting more expensive.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensor
  • Smart door locks
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants feature an alert button that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owner is in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick!

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

The Bad

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the options for garage door access or small appliance control devices.

However, this doesn't mean that Alder is completely lacking home automation functions. Quite the contrary. Home automation features such as smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts are all included. This likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website. Interested individuals are encouraged to reach out to the company for more information.

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices. Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price lock guarantee. However, customers should be aware that they must sign a long-term contract (3-year contract) with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services. Although, this is relatively common in the home security industry. Read Alder security reviews below to see what current and past homeowners using Alder's services have to say about its customer service, equipment, and monthly monitoring.

View Best Home Security Companies

Reviews from #1 Home Security Company

Protect America

DCH
October 11th, 2018 | Hampton, VA

Jenny was great. We recently had to move due to a threat to my home. My old setup wasn’t effective. After speaking to Jenny my wife and I started to brainstorm with her and she kept giving us options that were affordable and EXACTLY what we were looking for. Now can’t wait to get it in and installed. Rush ship it please 😄

Kelly Geels
September 17th, 2018 | Visalia, CA

Fast set up and great customer service, system works well. Love that equipment was free and no contracts! Perfect for our family

3.5

Michael Scott
July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Knowledge, friendliness, efficiency, timeliness, honesty

[email protected]Jul 02, 2018

Hi Michael! Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback. --Scott

Theresa
July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

I was told they would buy out my contract and that did not happen. I was paying for cameras that did not do what they said it would. I could not get help on any of it.

[email protected]Jul 02, 2018

Theresa, thanks for your review. Sorry that this has been your experience so far. We would be more than happy to pay off your previous contract--Please contact us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number. Also, if you could provide us the final bill statement and copy of the contract from your previous company, we can help out with their buyout. Thanks again! --Scott

Josephine Alder
June 28th, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS

It's convenient for me to use and to understand. It's also easier to take care of than my last security system.

Dorothy Duncan
June 28th, 2018 Anniston, AL DETAILS

I like the system because if my alarm goes off they will call me immediately. If anything happens to the equipment they won't waste any time, they'll come and fix it.

Sandra Tozay
June 28th, 2018 Uniontown, AL DETAILS

When someone tried to get in my house Alder was right on time and didn't take long to get in touch with the police.

[email protected]Jun 28, 2018

Sandra, we appreciate your review. Enjoy using your Alder system!

Charles Demumbreum
June 28th, 2018 Nashville, TN DETAILS

I really like it because if someone breaks into my house and I'm not there I'll be notified on my cell phone that there are intruders.

[email protected]Jun 28, 2018

Glad to hear you like the system, Charles! We know that it will keep you and your family protected.

Loretta Matlock
June 28th, 2018 Fordyce, AR DETAILS

When my alarm went off they promptly came over to check up on me. I really appreciate that promptness.

Mary Chandler
June 28th, 2018 Heflin, AL DETAILS

I like it because it's not plugged into the wall and it's easy to get to. When the alarm goes off the company responds quickly.

Willie Johnson
June 28th, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS

There were a couple of times when the alarm was set off and they were right on the phone with me to make sure everything was ok. The one thing is that they didn't tell me I'd have to pay a little extra instead of bringing my bill down but the service has been good.

[email protected]Jun 28, 2018

Hi Willie. Thanks for your review. Please let us know if you ever need anything! We appreciate your feedback.

anonymous
June 28th, 2018 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS

They paid to get me out of my contract with my old alarm company and they got it installed in an hour and twenty minutes and it works way better than my other one ever did.

Henry Bonner
June 28th, 2018 Roanoke, AL DETAILS

The equipment got old and they never replaced it. They act like a bunch of mafia people and make you do things you don't wanna do. They have a C- on the Better Business Bureau and I think it should be lower than that.

Oscar Miller
June 28th, 2018 Amite, LA DETAILS

We haven't had any problems with our system so far and everything works fine.

[email protected]Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for your review, Oscar!

Frederick Ritter
June 28th, 2018 Norfolk, VA DETAILS

Whenever I've had issues they've promptly resolved them for me. I like having the newest technology like the doorbell camera, and also controlling the alarm system through the app on my phone.

[email protected]Jun 28, 2018

Frederick--thanks for your review! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Karen Bonaparte
June 28th, 2018 Anderson, IN DETAILS

Their customer service is there for you and they take their time to answer your questions. I haven't had any trouble since I've had it.

[email protected]Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for your review, Karen. We're happy you chose Alder, and we welcome you to our family!

Cathy Pines
June 28th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

Every time I have some kind of complication it doesn't take long to get a hold of them. Everything is at a reasonable price and it's easy to use.

[email protected]Jun 28, 2018

Cathy, thanks for your review! We appreciate hearing from you and hope you enjoy peace of mind with your Alder system.

Ray Lacey
June 28th, 2018 Jackson, MS DETAILS

When they came and installed everything they really explained how everything worked. The equipment is very good and up to date.

[email protected]Jun 28, 2018

Hi Ray, thanks for your review! We're glad you chose Alder, and we hope you enjoy your system! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Terry Holloway
June 28th, 2018 Bessemer, AL DETAILS

Alder has a fast response when the alarm goes off, and it's fairly easy to operate.

Derek Wilkins
June 28th, 2018 Pine Bluff, AR DETAILS

I was having problems with my alarm the other day and it was a struggle to get customer support. I've had my system for about a month and have had some problems with it.

[email protected]Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for your review and thoughts, Derek. Sorry to hear that! Please reach out to us at [email protected] so that we can make sure you have a smooth experience going forward with your system.

Rene Carr
June 28th, 2018 Franklin, VA DETAILS

When the representative came to my house she explained everything about the security system very well. It's been working great and I love it.

[email protected]Jun 28, 2018

Rene, thanks for leaving a review for us! Glad to hear your rep did a great job for you. Welcome to the Alder family!

Ursula Clark
June 28th, 2018 Tulsa, OK DETAILS

I called to cancel because I found out I had cancer but they are now helping me with the payments. They're very good people.

[email protected]Jun 28, 2018

Ursula, thanks for your review. We thank you for choosing Alder and wish you good health.

Kevin Burkes
June 28th, 2018 Beaumont, TX DETAILS

They're really good with their customers and make sure they're being taken care of. Haven't had any problems with the system, it's working really good.

[email protected]Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for your review, Kevin. We always appreciate your feedback. We hope you enjoy using your system.

Elizabeth John
June 28th, 2018 Winnsboro, LA DETAILS

Every time I've called Alder to get something fixed they were always on time. Their equipment is also very good.

[email protected]Jun 28, 2018

Glad to hear your feedback, Elizabeth! Thanks for choosing Alder.

Betty Brown
June 28th, 2018 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS

Alder has proven themselves to be professional and providing a really good service. I like how when you open the door it'll let you know when someone comes in or out.

[email protected]Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for your review, Betty. Welcome to the Alder family!

Michael Beamon
June 28th, 2018 Portsmouth, VA DETAILS

Alder was friendly, open, and honest. They were also very fast and on time for the installation.

[email protected]Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Michael. We are glad yo chose Alder for your home protection!

Miguel Reed
June 28th, 2018 Portsmouth, VA DETAILS

The cameras are pretty good in quality, I wish I could see the last thing that happened in the panel but I don't think they have that feature yet.

[email protected]Jun 28, 2018

Miguel, thanks for your review. We are glad you chose Alder. Please reach out to us if you have any questions about the cameras--our tech support can be reached at 844-442-5337 Ext 731. Thanks again!

Ashley S.
June 25th, 2018 Lynchburg, VA DETAILS

If I could give this "company" 0 stars, I would in a heartbeat. Absolutely 100% con artists. We gave them a try after one of their little door to door salespeople gave us their speech, and about an hour after the install I did more research on the company and found out that they had a wimpy 2 star rating with the BBB. We called to cancel immediately, as we were told there was a 3 day trial period in which we could cancel at any time with no fees. Let me talk about the run around we got from the very first time we called. Firstly, you have to FAX your request to them to cancel your services, because apparently Alder is stuck in some time warp from 2 decades ago. Regardless, we did, and we have confirmation of sending it, it being received, dates, times, etc. 2 days later, nearing the end of the trial, my husband called again to make sure our cancellation was done. They had the absolute stones to limply say "oh, we haven't received it yet". Yes, they had. We had the confirmation that it had been received, and as soon as my husband mentioned it, suddenly our fax was magically found! We were told the cancellation was finished and we would be receiving a box to send our equipment back in. So, we relaxed. Guess what I got today? Not a box! A $55 charge to our bank account! Even after we have documentation of everything being completed during our 3 day trial. Do not EVER do business with this place. We have now had to put a stop payment on our account, we have marked this place as fraud with our bank, and all of our documents and paperwork are now with our lawyer. What an absolute nightmare.

[email protected]Jun 25, 2018

Hi Ashley. Thanks for your review. I apologize for your experience so far with Alder. But I thank you for your thorough feedback. If you could, please contact us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number so that we can make sure all concerns are resolved and that we make sure you get a full refund once we receive your equipment. Thank you again.

Lowanda miller
June 14th, 2018 Bessemer, AL

Everybody was so very nice and they was fast and professional thank I’m glad I made this decision 👍👍👍

[email protected]Jun 14, 2018

Thanks for your review, Lowanda! Glad to hear you enjoyed the install of your system!

margaret lowery
June 11th, 2018 Byron, GA DETAILS

If I could give 0 stars I would. My electrical outlet that had the alarm system shorted out and the alarm system stopped working. I called Alder to cancel because it was going to be awhile before I could get an electrician to my house because half my outlets stopped working and I am using extension cords for my tv and other things. Anyway they would not let me cancel saying I was under a contract. I put a stop payment on the recurring payment because I was being charged for no service by Alder, In other words Alder was taking money out of my bank account for nothing, in effect they were stealing. Anyway today I got a past due letter threating a collection agency if I don't go back to letting them steal my money. In addition to that I am having financial issues anyway because I have been in a car accident in which my car was totaled, and now I am having to buy another car. I really can't afford Alder Service but that Alder being a bunch of crooks don't care about that, Avoid this company, I wish I had

[email protected]Apr 04, 2018

Hello Margaret. We're glad that you left us a review! But we apologize for the concerns you've had. Please email us at [email protected] with your account or phone number so that we can help further resolve your concerns as they relate to the nature of your Alder agreement. We'd love to help as best we can!

Lyndia L Thornton
June 5th, 2018 Martinsville, VA

Very professional and very good explanations for using equipment. The two gentlemen were very polite and courteous. Thy took plenty of time so as to explain everything so it was understood.

[email protected]Jun 05, 2018

Hi Lyndia. Thanks for your review! We are glad to hear your feedback. Hope you enjoy using your Alder system!

Melva Willis
June 5th, 2018 Dumfries, VA

Great sales, great product, customer service, and more for your money. They changed out my system to theirs and also saved me money on my monitoring fee each month. Last but not least, I received more equipment above what I already had installed. LOVE IT!!

[email protected]Jun 05, 2018

Melva, thanks for your review! We're so glad to hear you love your new equipment! Thank you for choosing Alder.

David Vernon
June 4th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

Very professional and respectful. Their presentation was practically perfect and something we already had been considering. After care is quality.

[email protected]Jun 05, 2018

Thanks for your review and feedback, David! Always glad to hear from you. Welcome to the Alder family!

Yolanda
June 1st, 2018 Dallas, TX

My experience with Elder was great they installed all the same day and explain us how we use this system, very nice, very professional people, and very helpful for me and my family they answer every questions every concerns we had and my family and feel safe at home.

[email protected]Jun 05, 2018

Thanks for your thoughts, Yolanda! Happy to have you join the Alder family!

Edwin Valdes
June 1st, 2018 Houston, TX

The technician did a great job excellent service

[email protected]Jun 05, 2018

Hi Edwin! Thanks for your review. And thanks for choosing Alder!

Wilmore Long
May 31st, 2018 Sicily Island, LA DETAILS

We recently signed on with Alder after a referral from a friend. When comparing services offered with other companies we found that they extended greater opportunities and services at a fair rate. Overall the service has been exactly what we were looking for. Everyone that I’ve sooken with has been knowledgeable and willing to serve.

[email protected]Jun 01, 2018

Hi Wilmore! Thanks for your review and feedback. We appreciate hearing from you. We're glad you chose Alder!

James
May 29th, 2018 McAlester, OK

So far so good. Didn’t get the outside cameras. Said they were on back order

[email protected]Jun 01, 2018

James, thanks for your review. We hope you enjoy using your system. Please let us know if you need anything or have any questions about the cameras!

Linda wilson
June 14th, 2018 Jarratt, VA

Altar rep and tech were very thorough with their service. Everything was explained and shown to me clearly and the experience was very enlightening

[email protected]Jun 14, 2018

Hi Linda. Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose Alder, and we appreciate your feedback!

Linda C. King
June 5th, 2018 Crossett, AR

Everything went very smoothly. It was presented to us in a very professional manner & we were very impressed with the product.

[email protected]Jun 05, 2018

Thanks for leaving a review, Linda. Happy to hear your feedback. Welcome to the Alder family!

Barry Simon
May 24th, 2018 Spokane, WA

Met Harrison--sales rep, last night. His knowledge of the product impressed me enough to invite him in. Because he was new to the company...he requested permission to invite his supervisor to the house. His supervisor arrived within minutes. Their professionalism impressed me enough to listen to their information. I purchased the product. As soon as the deal was made, they contacted an installer, who arrived within 15 minutes...and went to work. Within 45 minutes, our system was installed. The technician stayed and insured that, we understood the system completely..to include test runs. Best customer service I have ever received as a new customer.

[email protected]Jun 01, 2018

Barry, thanks so much for your feedback! We are happy you had a great experience with your Alder reps. Thanks for choosing Alder!

CHRISTINA OLLERBIDS
May 24th, 2018 Houston, TX

They had great customer service. I was very pleased with their professionalism.

[email protected]Jun 01, 2018

Hi Christina. Thanks for your review. Glad to welcome you to the Alder family!

Veronica Puente
May 23rd, 2018 Dallas, TX

Brad was very knowledgeable and explained everything in a details without leaving any unanswered questions. He was awesome to deal.

[email protected]Jun 01, 2018

Veronica--thanks for your review. We're happy that Brad did a great job for you! Let us know if you need anything!