Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option with no service windows by shipping the alarm systems directly to the customer's home. The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder believes in total home safety and uniquely provides more equipment to cover more of the home compared to other home security providers that are focused on door-to-door sales.

#1 Protect America Logo Protect America ›

8.9

Overall
Score

#2 Guardian Protection Logo Guardian Protection ›

8.8

Overall
Score

#3 Frontpoint Logo Frontpoint ›

8.6

Overall
Score

#12 Alder Logo Alder ›

5.5

Overall
Score

The Good

• Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Affordable Plans
  • Full Equipment
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location. Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Affordable Plans and Price Lock Guarantee

Alder alarm systems are affordably priced starting at $39.99. This is on the lower end of home security pricing plans. Alder also ensures a price lock guarantee, so you don't have to worry about your plan continually getting more expensive.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensor
  • Smart door locks
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants feature an alert button that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owner is in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick!

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

The Bad

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the options for garage door access or small appliance control devices.

However, this doesn't mean that Alder is completely lacking home automation functions. Quite the contrary. Home automation features such as smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts are all included. This likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website. Interested individuals are encouraged to reach out to the company for more information.

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices. Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price lock guarantee. However, customers should be aware that they must sign a long-term contract (3-year contract) with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services. Although, this is relatively common in the home security industry. Read Alder security reviews below to see what current and past homeowners using Alder's services have to say about its customer service, equipment, and monthly monitoring.

View Best Home Security Companies

Reviews from #1 Home Security Company

Protect America

DCH
October 11th, 2018 | Hampton, VA

Jenny was great. We recently had to move due to a threat to my home. My old setup wasn’t effective. After speaking to Jenny my wife and I started to brainstorm with her and she kept giving us options that were affordable and EXACTLY what we were looking for. Now can’t wait to get it in and installed. Rush ship it please 😄

Kelly Geels
September 17th, 2018 | Visalia, CA

Fast set up and great customer service, system works well. Love that equipment was free and no contracts! Perfect for our family

3.4

Clarence Bourgeois
March 22nd, 2018 Houston, TX

Jack rep was awesome matt tech was awsome to. I feelnthay while i am gone my family be safe

[email protected] Apr 04, 2018

Clarence, thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback, and we're glad that you will now have a safer home with your Alder system there. Please let us know if you ever need anything!

Amelia Sainz
April 19th, 2018 Safford, AZ

They were thorough and explained the product to me in a satisfactory manner

[email protected] Apr 19, 2018

Thanks for your review, Amelia! We're happy that you chose Alder, and we look forward to keeping your home and family protected. We always appreciate your feedback.

Juan G
March 19th, 2018 Paris, TX DETAILS

Agent tells wonderfull things on alarm, but then you find you are trapped for 5 years, if you want to cancel you have to pay contract. If you sell your house you still have to continue contract, even if you die... this is insane... 5 years? Buying a car or what? If you want to avoid headaches never try this

[email protected] Apr 04, 2018

Juan, thanks so much for your review. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your account number or phone number so that we can resolve any concerns you have. We always provide special cancellations and move options when it comes to events like a death or selling your home.

Margie Hamilton
January 22nd, 2018 Covington, KY DETAILS

Horrible customer service. Hope you don't ever move because you will have big troubles with them if you do. They don't live up to their word.

[email protected] Apr 04, 2018

Margie, we apologize for what you've experienced in regards to your Alder account. Please reach out to us at [email protected] if there is anything more we can do for you.

Louise Johnson
January 8th, 2018 Warrenton, GA DETAILS

This is the worst security company. The are targeting the elderly in rural areas. This company is getting elderly people to sign up not knowing they are locked into a contract for five years. There customer service is really bad. You will be a minimum of 20 minutes to speak with someone who can not assist you. My 90 yr old mother has been scammed. She can't afford $50 a month on a fixed income, and she can't cancel. Bad company.

[email protected] Apr 04, 2018

Hi Louise. Thanks for your review! Honest feedback means a lot to us at Alder. We apologize for the experience you and your mother have had so far. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your mother's account number or phone number so that we can clear away your concerns and help your mother feel more comfortable with her system.

La Donna deOsio
December 11th, 2017 Topeka, KS DETAILS

Shady business practices. I stated to the salesman that came to my house that I wasn't interested in getting a new security system pointing out that I'd canceled my previous one to save money. I let myself be talked into a free 3 month trial, with the option to cancel within those 3 months, thinking it would give the young man another sale and cost me nothing. When I called to cancel I was informed that I was locked in for 5 years. I did file a complaint with the BBB but was still unable to get out of the farce of a contract though instead of $60 a month this sham of a company did lower the monthly payment to $25. Now I'm stuck paying close to $1,500 for a system I don't need or want. One star is much to good a rating for Alder.

[email protected] Apr 04, 2018

LaDonna, thank you for your honest review. We always appreciate hearing our customers' feedback. We apologize for this experience you've had with Alder. Please know you can always reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any issues that still need to be resolved.

Margarita Contreras
October 27th, 2017 Crystal City, TX DETAILS

Two months we started getting alert noises on the control panel- indicating low batteries on windows etc. We are senior citizens did not what /how to turn off annoyings noise. We called Alder and technicians said that they would have to send batteries so that we could replace them. I asked if some tech could come do it cuz im 70 yrs old and w/ a dislocated knee cap could not be climbing. At that time tech said they were flooded w/ work/calls due to hurricane Harvey in Houston. Then we kept getting alert on panel and e-mails that batteries all over the entrnaces and motion detector w/ low batteries. We again called Alder and tech said that obviously something wrong w/ some switch and that a tech was needing to be scheduled to come check. To this date no batteries in mail and no tech has shown up. Yesterday e-mail flooded w/ elerts of low batteries. I called tech put me on hold. I finally hung up after being on hold for 20 min. I called back told tech not to transfer call cuz I did not want to be on hold to just give them message to call me and he said he could not do that. I had e-mailed Alder previously that being that that they have not been complying - they are breaking the contract and that I am thinking of looking into another home security. My home is not being protected.

[email protected] Apr 04, 2018

Margarita, thanks for your review and for relating your honest concerns. We deeply apologize this has been your experience with Alder so far. Please contact us at [email protected] with your account number or phone number if you still need a resolution to your concerns. We want to make sure we can find the root cause of the issues and address them.

Augie Sanchez
September 11th, 2017 Kissimmee, FL

They never told me about the 5 years contract.

[email protected] Apr 04, 2018

Thank you for your review, Augie. We always train our sales reps to be honest and up-front. If you feel concerned about your Alder agreement, please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone or account number. We'd love to resolve any concerns you have.

gladys fields
August 11th, 2017

The salesman said that my price was good for as long as I keep the system, but by the time I agreed to get the system, and signed the contract, it was only good for five years, So does that mean I have to keep them for five-years ?

[email protected] Apr 04, 2018

Thanks for your review, Gladys. If you have specific questions about your agreement or price, feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your account number or phone number. We'd love to make sure you're satisfied with your Alder system!

Beatrice Smith
June 28th, 2017 Madison Heights, MI

Alder provided me excellent service. No upfront fees. Nothing extra on equipment and installation was same day. Option was given on service contract length. It should move to the top of the list. I also received a medic alert necklace, my choice, included in my $49

[email protected] Mar 29, 2018

Beatrice, thanks for your review! We're glad that you chose Alder. Feel free to let us know if you ever need anything!