Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option with no service windows by shipping the alarm systems directly to the customer's home. The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder home security starts at $34.99 and requires a 3-year contract. Alder customers note a difficult and costly cancellation process. Read Alder home security reviews below to see all noted pros and cons of the company.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Frontpoint chevron_right
#3 Guardian Protection chevron_right

The Good

• Alder Home Security Cost
  • Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required

Alder Home Security Cost

Alder home security systems start at $34.99/month for monthly monitoring with no upfront fees and a 3-year contract. Alder's home security cost will total close to $1,500 over the course of the 36-month contract. Alder has a price lock guarantee, so you can have peace of mind that your plan will not increase in price over time. Alder's home security costs are on the lower end of security pricing.

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location. Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants feature an alert button that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owner is in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick!

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensor
  • Smart door locks
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products. Unfortunately, Alder only offers cellular monitoring for its home security systems.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bad

• Alder Home Security Reviews
  • Home Automation Limitations
  • Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder Home Security Reviews

Although not overwhelmingly negative, Alder home security reviews include a large number of low-star ratings, making its overall star-rating subpar. The majority of dissatisfied consumer reviews highlight an extremely difficult cancellation process, cancellation fees, and deceiving contract lengths.

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the options for garage door access or small appliance control devices. Existing home automation features include smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts. However, this likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website. Interested individuals are encouraged to reach out to the company for more information.

Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder home security only offers cellular monitoring, neglecting wireless/broadband and landline monitoring. This may be limiting to homeowners who prefer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options over cellular.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices. Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price lock guarantee. Alder doesn't offer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options. Instead, the security company only offers cellular monitoring, which is somewhat rare in the home security industry and may limit homeowners' options. Customers should be aware that they must sign a long-term contract (3-year contract) with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services, and customer reviews highlight a difficult and costly cancellation process.

We suggest reading Alder home security reviews below and comparing the security provider to other top-rated home security companies in the industry before making your final decision.

2.9

Martha Spurrier
May 16th, 2018 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS

I need printed information on how to access my system, etc. It is impossible to remember everything that was covered by the technicians when they installed my system. I am afraid to hit buttons. I thought there would be more printed information but there isn't.

May 17, 2018

Thanks for your review, Martha. If you'd like to receive printed material to help you use the system, feel free to call us at 844-442-5337 Ext 725, or email us at [email protected] with your account number or phone number. We'd love to make sure you feel comfortable with your system going forward!

Juanita reyhlander
May 14th, 2018 Baytown, TX

Good experience very polite professional

May 14, 2018

Hi Juanita, thanks so much for your review. We appreciate hearing your feedback, and we hope you enjoy your Alder system!

David
May 11th, 2018 Baytown, TX

Very freindly made sure we understood everything said dont hesitate to call for any questions or problems

May 14, 2018

Hi David, thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoyed the services provided by your Alder reps. Thanks for choosing us, and welcome to the Alder family!

Earl Brown
May 10th, 2018 Newport News, VA

They were very professional and polite. The tech installed my equipment and showed me how to do everything. Highly recommended

May 14, 2018

Earl, thank you for leaving a review. We're happy you are satisfied with your Alder system. Let us know if you ever need anything!

Chauncey Davis
May 3rd, 2018 Chesapeake, VA

The installation process went very smoothly without any issues. The technician was very professional and helpful. He also was also done in about 45 minutes. I like the fact that I am also saving money and my system was upgraded. I had a great experience.

May 03, 2018

Chauncey, thanks for your review. We appreciate your thoughts on the process and are glad that you chose Alder. Welcome to the Alder family!

Dolores Williams
April 25th, 2018 Birmingham, AL

Very great experience, salesman (Garret) was very nice and professional. Quick installation

Apr 25, 2018

Hi Dolores. Thanks for your review! We're glad that Garret did a great job in getting you set up with your new Alder system. Welcome to the Alder family!

George E. Williams
April 24th, 2018 Little Rock, AR

The personnel were very polite and professional. They exhibited great knowledge of their product and very pleasant.

Apr 24, 2018

Hi George. Thanks for leaving a review regarding your experience with our representatives. We are happy that they served you well. We look forward to protecting your home and family.

Kimberly Jenkins
April 24th, 2018 Indianapolis, IN

I was very delighted and impressed with my initial meeting with Alder sales rep. Skyler! He was very pleasant, polite, and informative! And our system installer Asa was just as pleasant, polite, and informative! Overall I am very pleased!

Apr 24, 2018

Thanks for your feedback, Kimberly. We value your thoughts, and we are glad that Skyler and Asa provided great service for you and your home. Thanks for choosing Alder!

Katie Brown
April 23rd, 2018 Baton Rouge, LA

Enjoyed my experience talking with Rob. He was very thoughtful an courteous in explaining the use and options of their product and use of the Adler Alarm system. He was very detailed in explaining cost and installation process an also how long it will take for the technicians to install the Alarm system. The Technicians was knowledgeable an took time to walk me through in using the digital display control panel. They also gave me new key remotes to put on my key chain so I can activate or deactivate without using the display panel. Also gave me a "Life Alert" also to wear as a necklace for convenience. I will definitely recommend Alder to family, neighbors an friends. Thanks again!!!

Apr 23, 2018

Thanks for your detailed review, Katie. We appreciate all your feedback, and we are so happy you had a great experience with Rob. Thanks for choosing Alder! We look forward to serving you.

Amelia Sainz
April 19th, 2018 Safford, AZ

They were thorough and explained the product to me in a satisfactory manner

Apr 19, 2018

Thanks for your review, Amelia! We're happy that you chose Alder, and we look forward to keeping your home and family protected. We always appreciate your feedback.

Felicia Turner
April 18th, 2018 Jackson, MS

The installer James was great. He explained in detail the overall operation of the system.

Apr 18, 2018

Felicia, thanks for your review and feedback! We're glad that James did a great job to serve you. Thanks for choosing Alder!

Doug Skipper
April 10th, 2018 Jonesboro, AR

Alder is a terrible company and uses con men to sell its products. We had to sign a five-year contract and when we moved to an apartment they moved our system and added one year to our contract without our consent. Several times our alarm was triggered but were never contacted. Representatives are very rude and have atendency to lie to customers. Stay away from this criminal enterprise. They will screw you and steal your money.

Apr 10, 2018

Hi Doug. Thanks for your review. We always appreciate and value our customers' feedback, and that includes yours. We are sorry that you've had this kind of experience with Alder so far. Please know you can reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or account number so that we can come to a speedy resolutions for these concerns. Thank you again.

Tawnya Rideaux
April 6th, 2018 Houston, TX

Matt, the tech that installed my system was very knowledgeable about the product. He explained the system with great detail. He also allowed me and my family members to operate the system before he left and made sure we had full understanding of the alarm system.

Apr 06, 2018

Hi Tawnya. Thanks for your review. We're glad that Matt did a fantastic job for you. Welcome to the Alder family!

Danessa Bolling
April 5th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

Both the salesperson Ryan and the technician Jordan were really nice and personable without being invasive.

Apr 05, 2018

Hi Danessa. Thanks for your review. We appreciate all your honest feedback, and we're happy that your Alder reps did a great job for you at your home.

mike caldwell
April 5th, 2018 Houston, TX

The sales rep (Neil) was very professional and informative. He answered all of my questions and was very knowledgeable of the system. The installation Tech's was also great. They were done in less that 30 minutes

Apr 05, 2018

Mike, thanks for your feedback! Glad to hear that you had a quick and professional set-up with our representatives. Let us know if you ever need anything!

Jerry Washington
April 2nd, 2018 Jackson, GA DETAILS

I have had alder for about 4 to 5 years have not had one problem with my system when a alarm goes off they call within seconds have had other security companies in the past and none of them even come close in response time i have a sensor on my shop door and sometimes when I come home I go to shop and forget about alarm on shop door and alarm goes off alder calls within seconds I couldn’t be more satisfied they r great

Apr 04, 2018

Jerry, thanks for letting us know your thoughts. We're so glad you've enjoyed your alarm service for all the past few years. Let us know if you ever need anything!

Mary Jeffery
April 2nd, 2018 White Hall, AR

I love the way they offer good information on all the services they provide. The information was very detailed. With this service, I will feel more comfortable in my home.

Apr 04, 2018

We're grateful for your feedback, Mary. Never hesitate to reach out to us if you ever need anything.

Carol Elliott
April 2nd, 2018 Kennewick, WA

Very professional!! Sales person and technician were very polite and friendly!!

Apr 04, 2018

Thanks for your feedback, Carol! We hope to continue providing you friendly and professional services going forward.

Sharon
April 2nd, 2018 Houston, TX

The people setting up the account and equipment were knowledgeable, professional and courteous. Later when I had a meltdown and set off my alarm the young man went beyond in patience and concern for my problem. We have been pleased with changing our service.

Apr 04, 2018

Sharon, thanks so much for your review. It's good to know that your rep was there for you when you needed him. Welcome to he Alder family!

Suzette
March 29th, 2018 Wildwood, FL DETAILS

Well,the sellsman CAME to my door,which I felt was late evening,but he was,so we'll mannered,THAT I had to take the system,AN HE was very Knowledgeable,AN Convincing.Thank you Alder.

Apr 04, 2018

Hi Suzette. Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear your Alder rep was kind and courteous. We know you will enjoy the safety and peace of mind that an Alder system brings to your home.

Hal
March 28th, 2018 Idaho Falls, ID DETAILS

It you like sale people giving you false statements, customer service promising you one thing then not following through. Canceling the service a still getting charged, then this is a company for you.

Apr 04, 2018

Hi Hal. Thanks for your review and for your feedback. We're sorry that you've had this type of experience with Alder so far. We would like nothing more than to resolve your concerns and honor your decision to set up your alarm system in the first place. Please contact us at [email protected] so we can help!

Andrew Bard
March 26th, 2018 Virginia Beach, VA

Timing was bad the first day but Mike W. was awesome about accomodating our schedule. He explained everything and answered all my questions. Then on install Terrell was great to work with. He went through everything and showed us how to work it with no problems. They were both kind and courteous in our home.

Apr 04, 2018

Andrew, thank you for your review. We're excited to hear your feedback, and to hear that Mike and Terrell did a great job for you. Welcome to the Alder family!

Lenora Speed
March 26th, 2018 Hampton, VA

I was under the impression initially that because I was being chosen as P R tool for my neighbor, that there would be no cost to me. But that soon changed as the conversation went on. I believe that Adler trained their workers to use that initial free line just to get the customer to take the bait. Well it worked but I just wanted you to know I could have rejected the whole deal, if I had wanted to but I'll try it out. Seems like something I can use.

Apr 04, 2018

Thanks for your review, Lenora. We're glad that you've given us a chance to serve you. If you ever need anything or have any concerns you'd like to discuss, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

JOHNNY WATSON
March 26th, 2018 Pine Bluff, AR

HE explained everything in full details. That makes things a lot better instead of half doing things. I appreciate that.

Apr 04, 2018

Johnny, we appreciate your review and feedback! We are glad that your Alder rep was very thorough in discussing the system with you. Let us know if you ever need anything.

Cheryl Howle
March 23rd, 2018 Florence, SC

Wonderful. Andrew and Dean were polite, professional, and patient. Dean made sure I knew how to use our system, and I appreciate that.

Apr 04, 2018

Thanks for your review, Cheryl! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the services provided by your Alder reps. Please let us know if you ever need anything. Thanks for choosing Alder.

Clarence Bourgeois
March 22nd, 2018 Houston, TX

Jack rep was awesome matt tech was awsome to. I feelnthay while i am gone my family be safe

Apr 04, 2018

Clarence, thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback, and we're glad that you will now have a safer home with your Alder system there. Please let us know if you ever need anything!

Juan G
March 19th, 2018 Paris, TX DETAILS

Agent tells wonderfull things on alarm, but then you find you are trapped for 5 years, if you want to cancel you have to pay contract. If you sell your house you still have to continue contract, even if you die... this is insane... 5 years? Buying a car or what? If you want to avoid headaches never try this

Apr 04, 2018

Juan, thanks so much for your review. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your account number or phone number so that we can resolve any concerns you have. We always provide special cancellations and move options when it comes to events like a death or selling your home.

Margie Hamilton
January 22nd, 2018 Covington, KY DETAILS

Horrible customer service. Hope you don't ever move because you will have big troubles with them if you do. They don't live up to their word.

Apr 04, 2018

Margie, we apologize for what you've experienced in regards to your Alder account. Please reach out to us at [email protected] if there is anything more we can do for you.

Louise Johnson
January 8th, 2018 Warrenton, GA DETAILS

This is the worst security company. The are targeting the elderly in rural areas. This company is getting elderly people to sign up not knowing they are locked into a contract for five years. There customer service is really bad. You will be a minimum of 20 minutes to speak with someone who can not assist you. My 90 yr old mother has been scammed. She can't afford $50 a month on a fixed income, and she can't cancel. Bad company.

Apr 04, 2018

Hi Louise. Thanks for your review! Honest feedback means a lot to us at Alder. We apologize for the experience you and your mother have had so far. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your mother's account number or phone number so that we can clear away your concerns and help your mother feel more comfortable with her system.

La Donna deOsio
December 11th, 2017 Topeka, KS DETAILS

Shady business practices. I stated to the salesman that came to my house that I wasn't interested in getting a new security system pointing out that I'd canceled my previous one to save money. I let myself be talked into a free 3 month trial, with the option to cancel within those 3 months, thinking it would give the young man another sale and cost me nothing. When I called to cancel I was informed that I was locked in for 5 years. I did file a complaint with the BBB but was still unable to get out of the farce of a contract though instead of $60 a month this sham of a company did lower the monthly payment to $25. Now I'm stuck paying close to $1,500 for a system I don't need or want. One star is much to good a rating for Alder.

Apr 04, 2018

LaDonna, thank you for your honest review. We always appreciate hearing our customers' feedback. We apologize for this experience you've had with Alder. Please know you can always reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any issues that still need to be resolved.

Margarita Contreras
October 27th, 2017 Crystal City, TX DETAILS

Two months we started getting alert noises on the control panel- indicating low batteries on windows etc. We are senior citizens did not what /how to turn off annoyings noise. We called Alder and technicians said that they would have to send batteries so that we could replace them. I asked if some tech could come do it cuz im 70 yrs old and w/ a dislocated knee cap could not be climbing. At that time tech said they were flooded w/ work/calls due to hurricane Harvey in Houston. Then we kept getting alert on panel and e-mails that batteries all over the entrnaces and motion detector w/ low batteries. We again called Alder and tech said that obviously something wrong w/ some switch and that a tech was needing to be scheduled to come check. To this date no batteries in mail and no tech has shown up. Yesterday e-mail flooded w/ elerts of low batteries. I called tech put me on hold. I finally hung up after being on hold for 20 min. I called back told tech not to transfer call cuz I did not want to be on hold to just give them message to call me and he said he could not do that. I had e-mailed Alder previously that being that that they have not been complying - they are breaking the contract and that I am thinking of looking into another home security. My home is not being protected.

Apr 04, 2018

Margarita, thanks for your review and for relating your honest concerns. We deeply apologize this has been your experience with Alder so far. Please contact us at [email protected] with your account number or phone number if you still need a resolution to your concerns. We want to make sure we can find the root cause of the issues and address them.

Augie Sanchez
September 11th, 2017 Kissimmee, FL

They never told me about the 5 years contract.

Apr 04, 2018

Thank you for your review, Augie. We always train our sales reps to be honest and up-front. If you feel concerned about your Alder agreement, please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone or account number. We'd love to resolve any concerns you have.

gladys fields
August 11th, 2017

The salesman said that my price was good for as long as I keep the system, but by the time I agreed to get the system, and signed the contract, it was only good for five years, So does that mean I have to keep them for five-years ?

Apr 04, 2018

Thanks for your review, Gladys. If you have specific questions about your agreement or price, feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your account number or phone number. We'd love to make sure you're satisfied with your Alder system!

Beatrice Smith
June 28th, 2017 Madison Heights, MI

Alder provided me excellent service. No upfront fees. Nothing extra on equipment and installation was same day. Option was given on service contract length. It should move to the top of the list. I also received a medic alert necklace, my choice, included in my $49

Mar 29, 2018

Beatrice, thanks for your review! We're glad that you chose Alder. Feel free to let us know if you ever need anything!