Alder

5.3

La Donna deOsio Topeka, KS

Shady business practices. I stated to the salesman that came to my house that I wasn't interested in getting a new security system pointing out that I'd canceled my previous one to save money. I let myself be talked into a free 3 month trial, with the option to cancel within those 3 months, thinking it would give the young man another sale and cost me nothing. When I called to cancel I was informed that I was locked in for 5 years. I did file a complaint with the BBB but was still unable to get out of the farce of a contract though instead of $60 a month this sham of a company did lower the monthly payment to $25. Now I'm stuck paying close to $1,500 for a system I don't need or want. One star is much to good a rating for Alder.

Reply from Alder

LaDonna, thank you for your honest review. We always appreciate hearing our customers' feedback. We apologize for this experience you've had with Alder. Please know you can always reach out to us at if you have any issues that still need to be resolved.

Apr. 4th, 2018

Margarita Contreras Crystal City, TX

Two months we started getting alert noises on the control panel- indicating low batteries on windows etc. We are senior citizens did not what /how to turn off annoyings noise. We called Alder and technicians said that they would have to send batteries so that we could replace them. I asked if some tech could come do it cuz im 70 yrs old and w/ a dislocated knee cap could not be climbing. At that time tech said they were flooded w/ work/calls due to hurricane Harvey in Houston. Then we kept getting alert on panel and e-mails that batteries all over the entrnaces and motion detector w/ low batteries. We again called Alder and tech said that obviously something wrong w/ some switch and that a tech was needing to be scheduled to come check. To this date no batteries in mail and no tech has shown up. Yesterday e-mail flooded w/ elerts of low batteries. I called tech put me on hold. I finally hung up after being on hold for 20 min. I called back told tech not to transfer call cuz I did not want to be on hold to just give them message to call me and he said he could not do that. I had e-mailed Alder previously that being that that they have not been complying - they are breaking the contract and that I am thinking of looking into another home security. My home is not being protected.

Reply from Alder

Margarita, thanks for your review and for relating your honest concerns. We deeply apologize this has been your experience with Alder so far. Please contact us at with your account number or phone number if you still need a resolution to your concerns. We want to make sure we can find the root cause of the issues and address them.

Apr. 4th, 2018

Angel

No issues so far, easy to set and relaible system

Shelia Caison

They have always followed up and are very helpful.

Thomas George Goebel

very good and courteous and very helpful and knowledgeable

Teresa

A bit disappointing that I wasn’t explained the different contracts before signing updated

Marshall Cohen Charleston, SC

Excellent good service and customer service

Linda Rojas Fort Meade, FL

Marvelous no issues with connection or surveillance.

Duran Parkin Stone Mountain, GA

I ask them numerous of times to get back to me to fix my panel and the cameras and no one has yet to call me. But they call daily for payment though.

William Bodemer Bodfish, CA

Real Response, Fast Alerts, easy installation for home

Kelly Amous Oklahoma City, OK

They have a quick response and call back

Marla Thomas Killeen, TX

Alder has been the best experience out of other alarm

Roger Bon Wasilla, AK

Camera is beneficial in monitoring driveway and front porch.

Maria Droddy Humble, TX

Great! any time my alarm goes off I get checked on.

Branden nava San Antonio, TX

Its an awesome security service easy to install.

Carrie Shockley Summerville, SC

Not a very good experience. Customer service is not helpful. Equipment is cheap.

Ronald Roberts Florence, SC

Easy to install with good service with any questions

Christine Mullen Daytona Beach, FL

Great customer service and I love feeling safe in home

Jay Columbus, OH

Excellent service, easy to install and to operate.

Anthony Blue Springs, MO

Professional!!!!! Perfect operation so far. Very thorough.

Mr. Stafford Fort Bragg, NC

Waste of money could have bought all the items from Best Buy. Customer service failed to help with the equipment issues.

Desiree Wallace Tempe, AZ

Alder is about trapping people into long term contracts and NOT about customer service. They fly under the thin line of legality, but ethically they are black hearted and fly over the line with a smirk.

Carol Gunter Alexandria, LA

System is very easy to use. System gives plenty of time to disarm the away mode

Reply from Alder

Thank you for your review, Carol! We're glad you like your system! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Jul. 31st, 2018

Mckinney Gilbert

Service guys stop by and check system 2 make sure batteries and good and system is working properly

Reply from Alder

Thank you for your review and feedback. Let us know if you need anything.

Jul. 23rd, 2018

Theresa Gonzales

No calls to verify active alarm being set off. Calls for confirmation. Including when Smoke Alarm activates

Reply from Alder

Theresa, thanks for your review. Please reach out to us as needed at 844-442-5337.

Jul. 19th, 2018

Patricia T. Hicks

Have not had any problems with Alder when calling for service. Response time is good.

Reply from Alder

Hi Patricia. Thanks for your review!

Jul. 19th, 2018

Howard Swinton Morrilton, AR

We chose this company because of their updated equipment. Customer service hasn't returned all of our calls.

Reply from Alder

Hi Howard, thanks for your review. We apologize for your experience so far. Please reach out to us at so we can make sure your concerns are resolved and you have a smoother experience going forward. Thank you. --Scott

Theresa Charlot Church Point, LA

They are respectful and honest. I think it's the most safe system for our home.

Reply from Alder

Theresa--thanks for leaving a review for us!

Anonymous Saraland, AL

The were very thorough and explained everything very well. We have not had any problems with it.

Reply from Alder

Hi! Thanks for your review.

Mary Romero Henryetta, OK

I changed my mind the day after they installed it, and they won't respond to my requests to have it pulled. I don't think the equipment is what they said it was.

Reply from Alder

Hi Mary, thanks for your review. Sorry you've had this experience so far! I see that we are cancelling your account and will issue a full refund once we receive the equipment. I apologize for the delay in this process! Please contact us at if you need any more help. Thanks. -Scott

Inez Elam Aiken, SC

The sales rep provided us with all the information. He was very kind and I trusted him.

Reply from Alder

Inez, thanks for your review! Happy that you chose Alder for your home protection!

Vera Liggians Port Gibson, MS

Whenever you ask them something, they try and get you the best information.

Reply from Alder

Hi Vera, thanks for your review!

Chester Shoemaker Muncie, IN

We haven't had any problems so far. It doesn't take up much space or bother me.

Reply from Alder

Hi Chester. Thanks for leaving a review for us!

Guadalupe Garcia Dallas, TX

It's always easy to communicate with them. It's also easy to use.

Reply from Alder

We appreciate your review, Guadalupe!

Jerome Agee

Everything is perfect, the equipment is good and the representatives are good.

Heath Pennington

It's easily accessible and the equipment is up to date with all the standards.

Reply from Alder

Heath, thanks for your review. Hope you enjoy using your system and protecting your home!

Kenneth Jewitt

It was convenient to buy and install it, they did a good job.

Reply from Alder

Kenneth--we appreciate your review. Thanks for your feedback!

Mary Johnson

They are all pleasant and friendly, and the equipment is good.

Reply from Alder

Mary, thank you for your review. Glad to hear your feedback!

Shannon Harper

I got a good deal on this system. I think the equipment is good

Reply from Alder

Hi Shannon. Thanks for your review! We hope you enjoy your Alder system. Let us know if you ever need anything.

Theresa

I was told they would buy out my contract and that did not happen. I was paying for cameras that did not do what they said it would. I could not get help on any of it.

Reply from Alder

Theresa, thanks for your review. Sorry that this has been your experience so far. We would be more than happy to pay off your previous contract--Please contact us at with your phone number or Alder account number. Also, if you could provide us the final bill statement and copy of the contract from your previous company, we can help out with their buyout. Thanks again! --Scott

Jul. 2nd, 2018

robyn variste

alarm goes off and nothing is wrong. it has gone off in the middle of the night and it wasn't even a fire.

Reply from Alder

Hi Robyn. Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear this has happened so far! Please let us know some more details at (if you could also include your phone number or Alder account number). Then we can make sure your system works properly. Thanks again.

Jul. 2nd, 2018

Oscar Miller Amite, LA

We haven't had any problems with our system so far and everything works fine.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Oscar!

Jun. 28th, 2018

Michael Schulz Menomonee Falls, WI

Deceptive sales practices! Initially states that there just coming in to make an upgrade to the present system not saying a complete change to a different system! CON MAN sales tactic, takes advantage of seniors! Then they say that there's local support for the equipment. Still waiting for sensors to be replaced after 2 YEARS.

Stacey Parker Kenner, LA

Alder continuously calls my phone number and I do not have service (and I don't know anyone who does) with this company. I call them and ask that they not call me anymore and they refuse to remove my number from their systems. They are harrassing me and won't stop.

Shirley Petrovich Palestine, TX

When we first signed up with were told that they would buy out our contract with another alarm company. I have been fighting this for over a year now. Promised a front and back door monitor/door bell always told they were out of stock when asked about them. Know we are paying two alarm companies because of Alder not paying the other contract out. Would never use them again!

Tonya D Lynn Durham, NC

This company has the worst customer service EVER...after several weeks of trying to speak to someone in account service about cancelling my service I am continually speaking to someone who keeps putting me on hold or better yet dropping my call. When I first got the service I had questions and spoke to Kallie about my concerns, she extended my cancellation to 60days and gave me her direct phone number and ext. but now when I call it is never available. No wonder they have so many bad reviews.

Chet Jackson Memphis, TN

The absolute worst! I am reporting them to the BBB. Did not forward return packaging label and had the nerve to bill me for something I didn't use and upon speaking with several customer services representatives about cancelling my service and returning the equipment EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS LIED!!!! I a returning the equipment to the address on the label they sent the equipment in!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY!!!!

Carol Smith Louisville, KY

If I could I would give less than a one ! This has been a fraudulent company from the start, the person who set up my account said it was for one year when I told him I would not commit to 3 years and he scratched the 36 months out but when he turned it in it was automatically 36 months. I am attempting to cancel this service but this company makes it so difficult it takes months and you are still being charged. Worst company to work with. I would never recommend this company to anyone!!!

Natasha Montgomery, AL

I have been trying to cancel my service for the last couple of weeks. Every time I called, I was transferred to different representatives trying to make me stay with the company. I ask for a manager they stated that someone will call me back. No One has yet to call me. They also stated that they would send a cancellation letter in the mail. I have not received that neither.

Shafon addison Gainesville, FL

Hi I just got my service at 5pm on 12/16/19 I’m canceling in the morning n ordering a new credit card before they even take out they ain’t even put up the camera or door bell .All the did was the sensors n I’m taking them down now at 2:30 am they Lied about the contract they say it was none. I check my email and read over the information of the contract it’s a 60 month contract and instead of paying $35.00 a month it’s $67.00 a month I’m good and every review I read it’s the same I don’t want these problem I’ll just wait when I feel i find something better thanks but no thanks.