Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry-leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option and ships the alarm systems directly to the customer's home.

The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder home security starts at $34.99 per month and requires a three-year contract.

Read Alder home security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the security provider.

The Good

• Alder Home Security Cost
  • Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required
  • Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder Home Security Cost

Alder home security systems start at $34.99 for monthly monitoring with no upfront fees and a three-year contract. Over the course of the 36-month contract, you'll pay close to $1,300.

Alder has a price-lock guarantee, so you can have peace of mind that your plan cost will not increase over time. Alder's home security costs are on the lower end of security pricing, as many companies charge upwards of $40–$50 per month with extra installation and equipment fees.

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location.

Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owners are in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick.

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensors
  • Smart door lock
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products.

The Bad

• Alder Home Security Reviews
  • Home Automation Limitations
  • Limited Pricing Information Online
  • Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder Home Security Reviews

Although not overwhelmingly negative, Alder home security reviews include a large number of low-star ratings, making its overall star-rating subpar. The majority of dissatisfied consumer reviews highlight a difficult cancellation process, cancellation fees, and deceiving contract lengths.

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the option for garage door access or small appliance control devices.

Existing home automation features include smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts. However, this likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website.

Limited Pricing Information Online

Alder does not list its pricing information on its website. This makes it difficult for customers to quickly compare Alder's pricing to other home security providers. The website encourages you to call an Alder representative to get a personalized quote.

Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder home security only offers cellular monitoring, neglecting wireless/broadband and landline monitoring. This may be limiting to homeowners who prefer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options over cellular.

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. Alder's response time of three seconds also puts the company above the competition. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices.

Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price-lock guarantee. Alder doesn't offer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options. Instead, the security company only offers cellular monitoring, which is somewhat rare in the home security industry and may limit homeowners' options.

Customers should be aware that they must sign a three-year contract with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services, and customer reviews highlight a difficult and costly cancellation process. Alder's website does not list specific pricing on its website, so you'll need to contact the company for cost information. You can request a quote from the company by clicking any of the links to Alder in this review.

We suggest reading Alder home security reviews below before making your final purchasing decision.

Call our recommended rep over at Alder below.

2.6

Mike Young

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The only problem we had was someone called the police department way too fast instead of asking us if we needed assistance. It's easy to install and take with you if you move.

Jul 03, 2018

Hi Mike. Thanks for your review. Let us know if you need any help going forward.

Shannon Harper

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got a good deal on this system. I think the equipment is good

Jul 03, 2018

Hi Shannon. Thanks for your review! We hope you enjoy your Alder system. Let us know if you ever need anything.

Mark Sullivant

Equipment is 5 out of 5 because it's up to date

Jul 03, 2018

Hi Mark. Thanks for your review! Glad to hear you enjoy your system.

Oge Jeanjacques

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Alder was advertised in the community and they offered me a long protection so I chose them. They are a good alarm company. The price is a little high, but it's worth it.

Jul 03, 2018

Thanks for your review! Welcome to the Alder family.

Paulette Wells

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer support I received was good, she was able to help me and give me money that was promised once I cancelled my other service. But, the salesmen need to be more honest to the customers so that they know what they are getting. The salesman I had was rude and lied to me.

Jul 03, 2018

Thanks for your review, Paulette. We appreciate hearing from you. Sorry to hear about your experience with your Alder rep. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you by contacting us at . We hope you enjoy using your new system.

Wanda Smith

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They're always there when you need them. I don't really know anything about the equipment, but it's been satisfactory.

Jul 03, 2018

Hello, Wanda. Thanks for your feedback and review. We're happy you chose Alder. Please reach out to us if you need help or advice on using the system!

Nan Maddox

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They showed up at my door saying that they had taken over the company I was with. They're quick to respond if the alarm goes off. But it takes forever for tech support, I had a problem with the equipment and they never fixed it until they finally called me back. The alarm goes off unnecessarily because the sensor attachment falls off the door. It costs too much for what they are.

Jul 03, 2018

Thanks for your review. We appreciate hearing from you. Sorry to hear this has been your experience so far! Let us know how we can better help by contacting us at with your phone number or account number. We want to make sure your system works smoothly going forward. Thanks again.

Mary Johnson

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are all pleasant and friendly, and the equipment is good.

Jul 03, 2018

Mary, thank you for your review. Glad to hear your feedback!

Peggy Daspit

July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think that the rate for the service is much higher than other security systems.

Jul 02, 2018

Hi Peggy. Thanks for your review. If you have concerns with the pricing, feel free to contact us at . We always make sure to keep your rate locked in and keep an extended warranty throughout the entire term of your agreement. Thanks again.

Michael Hill

July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can never get in touch with your customers service when in Need

Jul 02, 2018

Michael, thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We apologize that this has been your experience so far. Please contact us at with your account number or phone number so that we can ensure you can get quick access to help when you need it.

robyn variste

July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

alarm goes off and nothing is wrong. it has gone off in the middle of the night and it wasn't even a fire.

Jul 02, 2018

Hi Robyn. Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear this has happened so far! Please let us know some more details at (if you could also include your phone number or Alder account number). Then we can make sure your system works properly. Thanks again.

Mary oman

July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Equipment is out of date. Lots of false alarms. When you call them you go through 4 it 5 different people and you still get no correct answer. Alarm was going off and they could not shut it off and could not come out for 5 days. Unacceptable.

Jul 02, 2018

Hi Mary. Thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear this has been your experience. Please reach out to us at with your phone number or Alder account number, so that we can make sure your concerns are resolved. I want to make things right going forward. Thanks! --Scott

Michael Scott

July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Knowledge, friendliness, efficiency, timeliness, honesty

Hi Michael! Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback. --Scott

Theresa

July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was told they would buy out my contract and that did not happen. I was paying for cameras that did not do what they said it would. I could not get help on any of it.

Jul 02, 2018

Theresa, thanks for your review. Sorry that this has been your experience so far. We would be more than happy to pay off your previous contract--Please contact us at with your phone number or Alder account number. Also, if you could provide us the final bill statement and copy of the contract from your previous company, we can help out with their buyout. Thanks again! --Scott

Josephine Alder

June 28th, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's convenient for me to use and to understand. It's also easier to take care of than my last security system.

Dorothy Duncan

June 28th, 2018 Anniston, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the system because if my alarm goes off they will call me immediately. If anything happens to the equipment they won't waste any time, they'll come and fix it.

Sandra Tozay

June 28th, 2018 Uniontown, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When someone tried to get in my house Alder was right on time and didn't take long to get in touch with the police.

Jun 28, 2018

Sandra, we appreciate your review. Enjoy using your Alder system!

Charles Demumbreum

June 28th, 2018 Nashville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really like it because if someone breaks into my house and I'm not there I'll be notified on my cell phone that there are intruders.

Jun 28, 2018

Glad to hear you like the system, Charles! We know that it will keep you and your family protected.

Loretta Matlock

June 28th, 2018 Fordyce, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When my alarm went off they promptly came over to check up on me. I really appreciate that promptness.

Mary Chandler

June 28th, 2018 Heflin, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like it because it's not plugged into the wall and it's easy to get to. When the alarm goes off the company responds quickly.

Willie Johnson

June 28th, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There were a couple of times when the alarm was set off and they were right on the phone with me to make sure everything was ok. The one thing is that they didn't tell me I'd have to pay a little extra instead of bringing my bill down but the service has been good.

Jun 28, 2018

Hi Willie. Thanks for your review. Please let us know if you ever need anything! We appreciate your feedback.

anonymous

June 28th, 2018 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They paid to get me out of my contract with my old alarm company and they got it installed in an hour and twenty minutes and it works way better than my other one ever did.

Henry Bonner

June 28th, 2018 Roanoke, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The equipment got old and they never replaced it. They act like a bunch of mafia people and make you do things you don't wanna do. They have a C- on the Better Business Bureau and I think it should be lower than that.

Oscar Miller

June 28th, 2018 Amite, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We haven't had any problems with our system so far and everything works fine.

Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for your review, Oscar!

Frederick Ritter

June 28th, 2018 Norfolk, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Whenever I've had issues they've promptly resolved them for me. I like having the newest technology like the doorbell camera, and also controlling the alarm system through the app on my phone.

Jun 28, 2018

Frederick--thanks for your review! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Karen Bonaparte

June 28th, 2018 Anderson, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their customer service is there for you and they take their time to answer your questions. I haven't had any trouble since I've had it.

Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for your review, Karen. We're happy you chose Alder, and we welcome you to our family!

Cathy Pines

June 28th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every time I have some kind of complication it doesn't take long to get a hold of them. Everything is at a reasonable price and it's easy to use.

Jun 28, 2018

Cathy, thanks for your review! We appreciate hearing from you and hope you enjoy peace of mind with your Alder system.

Ray Lacey

June 28th, 2018 Jackson, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When they came and installed everything they really explained how everything worked. The equipment is very good and up to date.

Jun 28, 2018

Hi Ray, thanks for your review! We're glad you chose Alder, and we hope you enjoy your system! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Terry Holloway

June 28th, 2018 Bessemer, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Alder has a fast response when the alarm goes off, and it's fairly easy to operate.

Derek Wilkins

June 28th, 2018 Pine Bluff, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was having problems with my alarm the other day and it was a struggle to get customer support. I've had my system for about a month and have had some problems with it.

Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for your review and thoughts, Derek. Sorry to hear that! Please reach out to us at so that we can make sure you have a smooth experience going forward with your system.

Rene Carr

June 28th, 2018 Franklin, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When the representative came to my house she explained everything about the security system very well. It's been working great and I love it.

Jun 28, 2018

Rene, thanks for leaving a review for us! Glad to hear your rep did a great job for you. Welcome to the Alder family!

Ursula Clark

June 28th, 2018 Tulsa, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called to cancel because I found out I had cancer but they are now helping me with the payments. They're very good people.

Jun 28, 2018

Ursula, thanks for your review. We thank you for choosing Alder and wish you good health.

Kevin Burkes

June 28th, 2018 Beaumont, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They're really good with their customers and make sure they're being taken care of. Haven't had any problems with the system, it's working really good.

Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for your review, Kevin. We always appreciate your feedback. We hope you enjoy using your system.

Elizabeth John

June 28th, 2018 Winnsboro, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every time I've called Alder to get something fixed they were always on time. Their equipment is also very good.

Jun 28, 2018

Glad to hear your feedback, Elizabeth! Thanks for choosing Alder.

Betty Brown

June 28th, 2018 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Alder has proven themselves to be professional and providing a really good service. I like how when you open the door it'll let you know when someone comes in or out.

Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for your review, Betty. Welcome to the Alder family!

Michael Beamon

June 28th, 2018 Portsmouth, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Alder was friendly, open, and honest. They were also very fast and on time for the installation.

Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Michael. We are glad yo chose Alder for your home protection!

Miguel Reed

June 28th, 2018 Portsmouth, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The cameras are pretty good in quality, I wish I could see the last thing that happened in the panel but I don't think they have that feature yet.

Jun 28, 2018

Miguel, thanks for your review. We are glad you chose Alder. Please reach out to us if you have any questions about the cameras--our tech support can be reached at 844-442-5337 Ext 731. Thanks again!

Ashley S.

June 25th, 2018 Lynchburg, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give this "company" 0 stars, I would in a heartbeat. Absolutely 100% con artists. We gave them a try after one of their little door to door salespeople gave us their speech, and about an hour after the install I did more research on the company and found out that they had a wimpy 2 star rating with the BBB. We called to cancel immediately, as we were told there was a 3 day trial period in which we could cancel at any time with no fees. Let me talk about the run around we got from the very first time we called. Firstly, you have to FAX your request to them to cancel your services, because apparently Alder is stuck in some time warp from 2 decades ago. Regardless, we did, and we have confirmation of sending it, it being received, dates, times, etc. 2 days later, nearing the end of the trial, my husband called again to make sure our cancellation was done. They had the absolute stones to limply say "oh, we haven't received it yet". Yes, they had. We had the confirmation that it had been received, and as soon as my husband mentioned it, suddenly our fax was magically found! We were told the cancellation was finished and we would be receiving a box to send our equipment back in. So, we relaxed. Guess what I got today? Not a box! A $55 charge to our bank account! Even after we have documentation of everything being completed during our 3 day trial. Do not EVER do business with this place. We have now had to put a stop payment on our account, we have marked this place as fraud with our bank, and all of our documents and paperwork are now with our lawyer. What an absolute nightmare.

Jun 25, 2018

Hi Ashley. Thanks for your review. I apologize for your experience so far with Alder. But I thank you for your thorough feedback. If you could, please contact us at with your phone number or Alder account number so that we can make sure all concerns are resolved and that we make sure you get a full refund once we receive your equipment. Thank you again.

Lowanda miller

June 14th, 2018 Bessemer, AL

Everybody was so very nice and they was fast and professional thank I’m glad I made this decision 👍👍👍

Jun 14, 2018

Thanks for your review, Lowanda! Glad to hear you enjoyed the install of your system!

Linda wilson

June 14th, 2018 Jarratt, VA

Altar rep and tech were very thorough with their service. Everything was explained and shown to me clearly and the experience was very enlightening

Jun 14, 2018

Hi Linda. Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose Alder, and we appreciate your feedback!

margaret lowery

June 11th, 2018 Byron, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give 0 stars I would. My electrical outlet that had the alarm system shorted out and the alarm system stopped working. I called Alder to cancel because it was going to be awhile before I could get an electrician to my house because half my outlets stopped working and I am using extension cords for my tv and other things. Anyway they would not let me cancel saying I was under a contract. I put a stop payment on the recurring payment because I was being charged for no service by Alder, In other words Alder was taking money out of my bank account for nothing, in effect they were stealing. Anyway today I got a past due letter threating a collection agency if I don't go back to letting them steal my money. In addition to that I am having financial issues anyway because I have been in a car accident in which my car was totaled, and now I am having to buy another car. I really can't afford Alder Service but that Alder being a bunch of crooks don't care about that, Avoid this company, I wish I had

Apr 04, 2018

Hello Margaret. We're glad that you left us a review! But we apologize for the concerns you've had. Please email us at with your account or phone number so that we can help further resolve your concerns as they relate to the nature of your Alder agreement. We'd love to help as best we can!

Linda C. King

June 5th, 2018 Crossett, AR

Everything went very smoothly. It was presented to us in a very professional manner & we were very impressed with the product.

Jun 05, 2018

Thanks for leaving a review, Linda. Happy to hear your feedback. Welcome to the Alder family!

Melva Willis

June 5th, 2018 Dumfries, VA

Great sales, great product, customer service, and more for your money. They changed out my system to theirs and also saved me money on my monitoring fee each month. Last but not least, I received more equipment above what I already had installed. LOVE IT!!

Jun 05, 2018

Melva, thanks for your review! We're so glad to hear you love your new equipment! Thank you for choosing Alder.

Lyndia L Thornton

June 5th, 2018 Martinsville, VA

Very professional and very good explanations for using equipment. The two gentlemen were very polite and courteous. Thy took plenty of time so as to explain everything so it was understood.

Jun 05, 2018

Hi Lyndia. Thanks for your review! We are glad to hear your feedback. Hope you enjoy using your Alder system!

David Vernon

June 4th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very professional and respectful. Their presentation was practically perfect and something we already had been considering. After care is quality.

Jun 05, 2018

Thanks for your review and feedback, David! Always glad to hear from you. Welcome to the Alder family!

Edwin Valdes

June 1st, 2018 Houston, TX

The technician did a great job excellent service

Jun 05, 2018

Hi Edwin! Thanks for your review. And thanks for choosing Alder!

Yolanda

June 1st, 2018 Dallas, TX

My experience with Elder was great they installed all the same day and explain us how we use this system, very nice, very professional people, and very helpful for me and my family they answer every questions every concerns we had and my family and feel safe at home.

Jun 05, 2018

Thanks for your thoughts, Yolanda! Happy to have you join the Alder family!

Wilmore Long

May 31st, 2018 Sicily Island, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We recently signed on with Alder after a referral from a friend. When comparing services offered with other companies we found that they extended greater opportunities and services at a fair rate. Overall the service has been exactly what we were looking for. Everyone that I’ve sooken with has been knowledgeable and willing to serve.

Jun 01, 2018

Hi Wilmore! Thanks for your review and feedback. We appreciate hearing from you. We're glad you chose Alder!

James

May 29th, 2018 McAlester, OK

So far so good. Didn’t get the outside cameras. Said they were on back order

Jun 01, 2018

James, thanks for your review. We hope you enjoy using your system. Please let us know if you need anything or have any questions about the cameras!

CHRISTINA OLLERBIDS

May 24th, 2018 Houston, TX

They had great customer service. I was very pleased with their professionalism.

Jun 01, 2018

Hi Christina. Thanks for your review. Glad to welcome you to the Alder family!