Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option with no service windows by shipping the alarm systems directly to the customer's home. The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder believes in total home safety and provides more equipment to cover more of the home compared to other home security providers that are focused on door-to-door sales.

#1 Protect America Logo Protect America ›

9.0

Overall
Score

#2 Guardian Protection Logo Guardian Protection ›

8.9

Overall
Score

#3 Frontpoint Logo Frontpoint ›

8.7

Overall
Score

#10 Alder Logo Alder ›

5.5

Overall
Score

The Good

• Alder Home Security Cost
  • Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required

Alder Home Security Cost

Alder home security systems are affordably priced starting at $39.99/month with no upfront fees and a 3-year contract. Alder has a price lock guarantee, so you can have peace of mind that your plan will not increase in price over time. Alder's home security costs are on the lower end of security pricing.

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location. Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants feature an alert button that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owner is in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick!

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensor
  • Smart door locks
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products. Unfortunately, Alder only offers cellular monitoring for its home security systems.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bad

• Alder Home Security Reviews
  • Home Automation Limitations
  • Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder Home Security Reviews

Although not overwhelmingly negative, Alder home security reviews include a large number of low-star ratings, making its overall star-rating subpar. The majority of dissatisfied consumer reviews highlight an extremely difficult cancellation process, cancellation fees, and deceiving contract lengths.

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the options for garage door access or small appliance control devices. Existing home automation features include smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts. However, this likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website. Interested individuals are encouraged to reach out to the company for more information.

Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder home security only offers cellular monitoring, neglecting wireless/broadband and landline monitoring. This may be limiting to homeowners who prefer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options over cellular.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices. Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price lock guarantee. Alder doesn't offer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options. Instead, the security company only offers cellular monitoring, which is somewhat rare in the home security industry and may limit homeowners' options. Customers should be aware that they must sign a long-term contract (3-year contract) with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services, and customer reviews highlight a difficult and costly cancellation process.

We suggest reading Alder home security reviews below and comparing the security provider to other top-rated home security companies in the industry before making your final decision.

Reviews from #1 Home Security Company

Protect America

DCH
October 11th, 2018 | Hampton, VA

Jenny was great. We recently had to move due to a threat to my home. My old setup wasn’t effective. After speaking to Jenny my wife and I started to brainstorm with her and she kept giving us options that were affordable and EXACTLY what we were looking for. Now can’t wait to get it in and installed. Rush ship it please 😄

Kelly Geels
September 17th, 2018 | Visalia, CA

Fast set up and great customer service, system works well. Love that equipment was free and no contracts! Perfect for our family

3.4

Charlaine Skeel
July 10th, 2018 DETAILS

I felt they took advantage of my situation, I thought I was talking with a representative from my current security co. When I asked if he was working under contract with the company I was with he didn't deny it just saying we're our own company. The technician did not put sensors on doors he listed as being secured & did not activate the remote but told me it was ready to go. I spent an hour on the phone with another technician setting these things up myself. I was charged the activating fee of $9.80 twice when I questioned it I was told they didn't know why that happened but they could not credit it until I sent them a copy of my bank statement proving both payments had cleared my account! I had no issues with the company I had been with for the past 10 years and I regret changing.

Jul 10, 2018

Thank you for your review, Charlaine. I apologize this has been your experience with Alder so far. Please contact us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number so we can come to a speedy resolution and make sure you have a smoother experience going forward! Thanks again. -Scott

Joel Gilbert
July 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Customer support is horrible and your ability to successfully ship any replacement parts is abysmal. We are still waiting on a battery back up for our main alarm panel. You shipped it once to the wrong address which you have done before on other items. I point out that you need to ship to our mailing address and I have no idea as to what you do next.

Jul 10, 2018

Hi Joel. Thanks for your feedback. I apologize for the way things have gone! We want to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen again. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number so we can take care of things with you going forward. Thanks! -Scott

Byron Smith
July 10th, 2018 DETAILS

Not honorable!! Heading into 3 months and haven't held up to their part of the contract. Still haven't bought out contract from Guardian!!

Jul 10, 2018

Byron, thank you for leaving a review. Sorry to hear this! Please know that we want to make sure we take care of paying off your previous company. I apologize for the delay. If you can, please send us a copy of the Guardian contract as well as your Guardian final bill statement if you haven't already. You can send them to [email protected] Otherwise, I will look into why there has been this delay. Thanks! -Scott

Leonard Phillips
July 10th, 2018 DETAILS

The company is trash there products are trash and customer service is trash

Jul 10, 2018

Hi Leonard, thanks for your review. We're sorry you feel this way! If there is anything specific we need to help you out with, please let us know it by contacting us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number. Thanks again. -Scott

Patrice Taylor
July 10th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

Alder is a scam, Do not feed into their lies. They never told us about a 3 day cancellation or the 5 year contract. They will not let you cancel the service with them. If i could give them 0 stars i would.

Jul 10, 2018

Hi Patrice, thanks for your review. Sorry you've had this experience with Alder so far. We want to make sure we rectify your concerns. Please contact us at [email protected] so that we can have a more detailed discussion about resolving your main concerns. Thanks again! -Scott

Vera Liggians
July 9th, 2018 Port Gibson, MS DETAILS

Whenever you ask them something, they try and get you the best information.

Jul 09, 2018

Hi Vera, thanks for your review!

anonymous
July 9th, 2018 Otis Orchards, WA DETAILS

Everything's working fine. I haven't gotten used to the touch screen panel yet, and it has some problems turning off.

Juan Maldonado
July 9th, 2018 Bon Aqua, TN DETAILS

They're very responsible in taking care of issues.

Jul 09, 2018

Juan, thank you for your review! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Guadalupe Garcia
July 9th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

It's always easy to communicate with them. It's also easy to use.

Jul 09, 2018

We appreciate your review, Guadalupe!

Mary Romero
July 9th, 2018 Henryetta, OK DETAILS

I changed my mind the day after they installed it, and they won't respond to my requests to have it pulled. I don't think the equipment is what they said it was.

Jul 09, 2018

Hi Mary, thanks for your review. Sorry you've had this experience so far! I see that we are cancelling your account and will issue a full refund once we receive the equipment. I apologize for the delay in this process! Please contact us at [email protected] if you need any more help. Thanks. -Scott

Wayne Hannah
July 9th, 2018 Anderson, IN DETAILS

They tell you one thing and do something else. My experience with them was a bunch of lies

Jul 09, 2018

Thank you for your review, Wayne. Sorry to hear this has been your experience with Alder so far! Please reach out to us at [email protected] so that we can make sure your concerns get fully resolved. Thanks again! -Scott

Inez Elam
July 9th, 2018 Aiken, SC DETAILS

The sales rep provided us with all the information. He was very kind and I trusted him.

Jul 09, 2018

Inez, thanks for your review! Happy that you chose Alder for your home protection!

Chester Shoemaker
July 9th, 2018 Muncie, IN DETAILS

We haven't had any problems so far. It doesn't take up much space or bother me.

Jul 09, 2018

Hi Chester. Thanks for leaving a review for us!

William Bass
July 9th, 2018 Crystal Springs, MS DETAILS

They do a good job every time they come out. They have good equipment.

Jul 09, 2018

Thanks for your review, William!

Leona Hanneken
July 9th, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS

I get answers when I call them. They're system works.

Jul 09, 2018

Leona, thank you for your review. Glad to hear your feedback!

Robert Grandy
July 9th, 2018 Warren, AR DETAILS

It keeps me up to date. They're also very prompt.

Jul 09, 2018

Robert, glad to hear you enjoy the system and the services!

Sharon Dees
July 9th, 2018 Laurens, SC DETAILS

The girl I talked to was really friendly and easy to talk to.

Jul 09, 2018

Hi Sharon. Glad to hear your thoughts. Thanks for your review!

Edsorena Reed
July 9th, 2018 Stuttgart, AR DETAILS

They're quick and reliable. They do everything they're supposed to do to make me comfortable.

Jul 09, 2018

Edsorena, thanks for your review! Glad you're happy with the system and services.

Sherri Williams
July 9th, 2018 Lubbock, TX DETAILS

They were professional. They were knowledgeable of what was going on and just wanted to serve.

Jul 09, 2018

Sherri, thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing your feedback.

Linda Webster
July 9th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

They don't repair their equipment and they're a terrible company to work with.

Jul 09, 2018

Hi Linda, thanks for your honest review. We appreciate your feedback. Sorry to hear this is how you feel so far! Please contact us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number so that we can engage in a more detailed dialogue and help you resolve your concerns. Thanks! --Scott

Zachary
July 5th, 2018 Irving, TX DETAILS

Great company with good pricing. Professional and prompt.

Jul 05, 2018

Zachary, thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback.

Heath Pennington
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

It's easily accessible and the equipment is up to date with all the standards.

Jul 03, 2018

Heath, thanks for your review. Hope you enjoy using your system and protecting your home!

Kenneth Jewitt
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

It was convenient to buy and install it, they did a good job.

Jul 03, 2018

Kenneth--we appreciate your review. Thanks for your feedback!

Keith Halton
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

I only had one incident, the carbon monoxide alarm went off and I didn't hear anything from them. I still don't know what the problem was.

Jul 03, 2018

Keith, thanks for your review. Sorry to hear about this. Please call our tech support team if anything happens again at 844-442-5337 Ext 731.

E. Springfield
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

I haven't had any trouble with it, it's easy to manage. We feel really comfortable with it.

Jul 03, 2018

Thank you for your review! Glad to have you among the Alder family.

Judson Cork
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

I accidentally set off my alarm and they always call me to check. I would like some cameras and I don't have any.

Jul 03, 2018

Judson, we appreciate your review. Thanks for your feedback. If you are interested in cameras, feel free to call us at 844-442-5337! Thanks again.

Clifford Miell
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Everything works perfect, there are no problems or issues.

Jul 03, 2018

Clifford, we're glad to hear that! Thank you for your review.

Sandra Thomas
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

They talked to us and suddenly next thing I know they were putting the system in my house.

Jul 03, 2018

Sandra, thanks for your review. Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

William Taylor
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Communication is good, there have been no problems with the technical or customer support

Jul 03, 2018

William, thanks for leaving us a quick review!

Gerald Haynes
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

The salesman was very convincing, and this is the best equipment that I have seen.

Jul 03, 2018

Gerald--we're grateful for your review!

Frankie Williams
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

The gentleman was at our house for the longest time to make sure that everything was set up correctly, and he was nice the entire time. He explained everything to us the entire way through. The numbers are much bigger with Alder, and the voices for when the door is opening isn't so loud. I definitely like the flow of Alder more than the other company I've used, and I'm glad I made the switch.

Jul 03, 2018

Frankie, thanks so much for your thoughts and feedback! Glad you chose Alder!

Melvin Moore
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

The equipment is fine, it does its job. They have me waiting almost 3 weeks for cameras, and they didn't call or show up.

Jul 03, 2018

Melvin--thank you for your review. We apologize for your experience so far! Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or account number so that we can rectify this issue. Thanks again.

Sonia Rose
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

My system says "low battery" and it took close to a month for them to determine I needed a new battery. The customer service is bad and I think there are other systems for cheaper. But, it serves my purposes.

Deborah Springer
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

It's easy to operate, and they help me with all the things I have an issue with.

Jul 03, 2018

Hi Deborah, thanks for your review. Glad to have you join the Alder family!

Renee Hamilton
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

If there is ever a problem they fix it and get right back to me about the problem. You can call the fire department or police so it makes you feel safer at home.

Jul 03, 2018

Renee, thanks for your review!

Felicia Sharkey
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

I like the customer service, they are excellent. But, sometimes it does go off and I don't know why.

Jul 03, 2018

Felicia, thanks for your review. Please reach out to our tech support team if you ever have the system go off. They can be reached at 844-442-5337 Ext 731.

Jerome Agee
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Everything is perfect, the equipment is good and the representatives are good.

Margie Bookey
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Customer service is lousy, it takes forever to get in contact with somebody. The equipment is average.

Adrienne Lynch
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

As soon as I had a problem with my security code, I called them and it was handled very quickly. I think their equipment is up to date, and they make it has good quality. The service is great, very professional and courteous.

Jul 03, 2018

Adrienne, thanks for your review! Happy to hear from you about your feedback so far.

Lee Stafford
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Any question I have they get right back to me with an answer. They are always listening to it, even for the wrong code.

Jul 03, 2018

Lee, thanks for leaving a review! Glad to hear your thoughts.