Alder

5.3

Disappointed Customer Irving, TX

This company, Alder, took advantage of my 78 year old mother with the 5-year contract deal and now she will have to pay them to get out of it. I cannot manage her account online because they have shut off communications to do that so you will need to call Alder and they, the reps, constantly give you the run around. This is one of the worst companies that I have ever had to deal with and would never recommend anyone to this company. What a scam this is!

donna 60 Ashtabula, OH

customer service is terrible. pressured parents into buying a 5 year contract which is useless in their area. They were supposed to able to cancel if moved. They are now in a different state the house has been sold and they continue to refuse to act because my mom can't remember her verbal password. We have verified account by 3 other means. Have spent hours trying to get contract cancelled even though they are in a nursing home.

George Happler Norcross, GA

Most unprofessional company I have ever worked with. Could get no service whatsoever on defective equipment Paid two years on a five year contract with equipment not operating. After completing 60 months of payments called to cancel service three times to no avail. Received threatening letters demanding payment. Will have to turn it over to attorney. STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE AS YOU CAN!

Anoymous

They are not a company that I will ever use again. They are shady and unwilling to work with its customers. They try to trick you into a contract when you clearly state you can not be in a contract. Then they try to make you pay an outrageous price for their service that you will not even be getting.

Reply from Alder

Thank you for your review. We apologize things have gone this way so far! We'd love to make sure we rectify things and provide you a resolution. Please, reach out to us at with your phone number or Alder account number. Thanks again.

Jul. 23rd, 2018

James Lindsey, Longview

iTS' SIMPLE, EASY TO SET, AND MY FAMILY FEELS MUCH SAFER WITH THE ALDER SYSTEM INSTALLED. GO FOR IT!!

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review and enthusiasm about the system!

Jul. 23rd, 2018

Candice Newton Monroe, LA

It was a great offer and I needed this for my protection. They offered me great financing. It's a very accurate system.

Reply from Alder

Hi Candice, thanks for leaving us a review!

Jul. 11th, 2018

Felicia Sharkey

I like the customer service, they are excellent. But, sometimes it does go off and I don't know why.

Reply from Alder

Felicia, thanks for your review. Please reach out to our tech support team if you ever have the system go off. They can be reached at 844-442-5337 Ext 731.

Keith Halton

I only had one incident, the carbon monoxide alarm went off and I didn't hear anything from them. I still don't know what the problem was.

Reply from Alder

Keith, thanks for your review. Sorry to hear about this. Please call our tech support team if anything happens again at 844-442-5337 Ext 731.

Judson Cork

I accidentally set off my alarm and they always call me to check. I would like some cameras and I don't have any.

Reply from Alder

Judson, we appreciate your review. Thanks for your feedback. If you are interested in cameras, feel free to call us at 844-442-5337! Thanks again.

Wanda Smith

They're always there when you need them. I don't really know anything about the equipment, but it's been satisfactory.

Reply from Alder

Hello, Wanda. Thanks for your feedback and review. We're happy you chose Alder. Please reach out to us if you need help or advice on using the system!

Mary oman

Equipment is out of date. Lots of false alarms. When you call them you go through 4 it 5 different people and you still get no correct answer. Alarm was going off and they could not shut it off and could not come out for 5 days. Unacceptable.

Reply from Alder

Hi Mary. Thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear this has been your experience. Please reach out to us at with your phone number or Alder account number, so that we can make sure your concerns are resolved. I want to make things right going forward. Thanks! --Scott

Jul. 2nd, 2018

Sandra Tozay Uniontown, AL

When someone tried to get in my house Alder was right on time and didn't take long to get in touch with the police.

Reply from Alder

Sandra, we appreciate your review. Enjoy using your Alder system!

Loretta Matlock Fordyce, AR

When my alarm went off they promptly came over to check up on me. I really appreciate that promptness.

Elizabeth John Winnsboro, LA

Every time I've called Alder to get something fixed they were always on time. Their equipment is also very good.

Reply from Alder

Glad to hear your feedback, Elizabeth! Thanks for choosing Alder.

Josephine Alder Spokane, WA

It's convenient for me to use and to understand. It's also easier to take care of than my last security system.

Ray Lacey Jackson, MS

When they came and installed everything they really explained how everything worked. The equipment is very good and up to date.

Reply from Alder

Hi Ray, thanks for your review! We're glad you chose Alder, and we hope you enjoy your system! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Royd Fort Wainwright, AK

I only used 1 star because there is nothing lower. Customer service is terrible, you spend most of your time on hold. I can never seem to contact who I need to contact or return calls to. I never speak to the same person twice. I was contacted this summer to renew my contract, I declined renewal only to find out that I already had an active contract after the fact. Why would Alder contact me to renew if I was already in the middle of an active contract? Seems like they do not know what is going on. If you can get someone to your house for repairs it will cost you a contract renewal. I have had a contract with Alder and have had nothing but frustrations with customer service, repair AND they take it upon themselves to charge your credit card without your approval!! If you do business with Alder BEWARE ! Do not sign anything! Do not subscribe to their service.

Becca Boyd Winchester, KY

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS SYSTEM! The alarms will not stay on doors and they will not fix this issue. They ask you to pick 3 windows to put an alarm on, leaving all other windows without one. They refuse to acknowledge this problem, but continue to charge you every month for over a year. They will take your money regardless if they are providing services. There are not any alarms on my doors or windows, the camera do not work, and the fire alarm was constantly going off, so I had to take it down. Still does not work. Horrible services, products, and customer service! They also lie about their products.

Angela White Trussville, AL

My system is not working properly ever since the technician came out and installed our doorbell monitor. I called alder for help and the tech i spoke to had me to go to main panel and put some numbers in the system seems to be back on track but little did I know he told me how to bypass the sensors that I was having trouble with instead of helping me to fix the problem. I woke up the next morning with my system going off.... I realized that the system was not fixed but the tech deceive me. I call alder back and requested a tech to come out to my residence and not only is it going to be over a month before they can come but they are also charging us 40.00 to come... I can't wait to get out of my contract with them

Angela Branham Georgetown, SC

This company has the worst customer service. And I work in customer service so I know both sides. Once you are in the 60 month contract you will never see a person again. When one of our monitors went out , I could not get anyone, even after 4 phone call to come look at it. I was finally sent a new monitor and advised to install it myself. Even after I advised the rep that my husband and i were elderly and not in good health. I advised the monitor was high up on the wall and neither one of us should be getting on a chair or step ladder to replace. I was advised nothing they can do unless e pay a fee for someone to come out to replace their malfunctioning equipment. Every time I call it is the wrong number the first two transfers. No one will advise me when my contract is up. (No one has that information). I have it though. Monitor will wake you at 4:00 AM with messages. I never got anyone who could help with that. I finally just unplugged it. So now I am paying for something I can't use.

Bernadine Decherd, TN

Service was good....customer service is the worst I've ever experienced for a service that I paid for. I literally had to hang up on the rep because she wouldn't take NO that I did not want to renew my service. Wished I had read the reviews before signing up for your service!!! Hope I dont' have to retain a layer to end this. I did my part and paid for the 5 years I signed up for. Never missed or late on a payment, now do your part and honor my wishes to end this!

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Bernadine! Sorry to hear you've had this experience over the phone. I see that we're sending you a notice of cancellation for you to sign and return. We will be able to cancel your account once we receive it back from you. Please call us at 844-442-5337 Ext 917 if you have any questions, or go ahead and email me directly at .

Sep. 30th, 2019

B Juergens Saint Paul, MN

In The 2 months we started with Alder I have spent many hours on tech support calls. We had Brinks and no problem, but Alder could do more and charge less , the sales guy said . It was a 60 month contract not 36 months . It is cheaper but I have spent so much time it was not worth the savings . The techs have all been very patient and helpful trying to solve issues with false alarms and inaccurate information on panel and Changing sensors . I am very frustrated with spending so much time and I am Not sure the system will work with all the sensors working while in away mode . I’m very sorry now that I switched!

Reply from Alder

Thanks for leaving an honest review. I apologize you've had this type of experience. We aim to improve it as soon as we can. Please feel free to email if you have any more concerns we need to address.

Aug. 23rd, 2019

alicia morales Houston, TX

The sales rep are very friendly I was aware of the 60months contract, unfortunately I was under a contract with Brinks and Alder could not pay off the whole contract decided to cancel with the 3 days with Alder no issue just the long hold times to talk to someone other then that they are true and honest with their fees so its mind blowing how so many people just don't read the contracts. You get one in person and by email.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Alicia. We appreciate your feedback. Sorry you had experienced long hold times, but because of your review, we will strive to improve on that going forward. Let us know if you need anything. --Scott

Jul. 3rd, 2019

David Creson Milton-Freewater, OR

Was offered a home security system by a rep of Alder about a year ago. While the equipment, instalation sevice, and operation has been fine, the reprecentive was dishonest. No paper copy of contact was provided. We were asked to sign a tablet after represintive told uswhat was there, many key points were untrue. Turns out this is a 60 month contract not 24 as he said ( wife as witness) Charges applyed are way higher than web sight quote. Cancellation clauses were never covered,etc. Because Alder did NOT provide two copies of written contract as stated which is a breach of contract, and because rep. Lied to us, I will be turning this over to my lawyer soon. Regards David Creson

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review. I apologize for how you feel. I'd be happy to help resolve your concerns. Please feel free to email us at . If you could share a bit more detail regarding what your sales rep said during the set-up, that would be great!

Jun. 11th, 2019

Lawrence S. Soldotna, AK

I was originally an AP customer; however Alder bought them out and so this review reflects the experience I have had with Alder. One. Customer service is sales driven only and not there to HELP a customer. My fire alarm/freeze alarm went bad, a week before I was heading out of town for the holidays. I tried calling and no calls were returned, I also tried contacting on their website. I never heard back nor wa there any follow up. So lifetime warranty of equipment and 24/7 service help was a LIE. once my contract was up my phone has been non stop calls about new deals and rates allIhave to do is sign into another contract! I even explained my past experience and this was met with no apologies or even a token credit! Another thing that surprised me is that when Alder took over I was not not notified; only caught the change on my bill! upon calling it was explained and I asked for new placars and stickers for my house, rep said they would send out right away! I am currently trying to cancel my service and I still have not been able to successfully do that simple task! I have called and left emails; now I start to leave stunning reviews online! Needless to say I still have AP placards and stickers on my house. morale of story do NOT do business with this company

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Lawrence. We appreciate your candor and thoroughness. Sorry you have been through this experience so far! We'd be happy to make things smoother going forward. Please reach out to us at with your Alder account number or phone number so we can come to a resolution for you. Thanks again. -Scott

Mar. 12th, 2019

Terese Columbia, SC

My house was broken into this weekend. I missed the called from the rep but immediately called back because I was out of town. I took a long time to get a rep on the phone about 5 minutes or so. After reaching someone she told me they had to call everyone on my contact list and send an email before dispatching the police. Not sure why police was not notified after I didn’t answer. I thank God I wasn’t home but if I was it could have been bad with the time delay of Alder. The robbers got away with a 60 inch tv and a laptop. And they completely destroyed the alarm panel. I called to get a replacement was told it will be a two day shipping, called back to verify after two days now they say it’s a four day shipping after it gets approved of which it hasn’t been approved. I asked to speak to the person who approves and was told that an email will be sent to them. So I didn’t get to speak with higher authority. I feel very uncomfortable being in my home with no security at all. Looking to go elsewhere if not resolved.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear you've had this experience! We'd like to make sure we resolve things for you. Please contact us at so we can go into a bit more detail and fix this. Thanks again for your time. --Scott

Nov. 28th, 2018

Mimi Birmingham, AL

Got a my mother's system installed about 2 weeks ago. Skyler was awesome. We got great customer service. If you all had a scale 1 to 10 and 10 being the highest. I would have given him a 10.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Mimi! Glad to hear Skyler did a great job! Welcome to the Alder family.

Jul. 31st, 2018

Lyndia L Thornton Martinsville, VA

Very professional and very good explanations for using equipment. The two gentlemen were very polite and courteous. Thy took plenty of time so as to explain everything so it was understood.

Reply from Alder

Hi Lyndia. Thanks for your review! We are glad to hear your feedback. Hope you enjoy using your Alder system!

Jun. 5th, 2018

Martha Spurrier Virginia Beach, VA

I need printed information on how to access my system, etc. It is impossible to remember everything that was covered by the technicians when they installed my system. I am afraid to hit buttons. I thought there would be more printed information but there isn't.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Martha. If you'd like to receive printed material to help you use the system, feel free to call us at 844-442-5337 Ext 725, or email us at with your account number or phone number. We'd love to make sure you feel comfortable with your system going forward!

May. 17th, 2018

Chauncey Davis Chesapeake, VA

The installation process went very smoothly without any issues. The technician was very professional and helpful. He also was also done in about 45 minutes. I like the fact that I am also saving money and my system was upgraded. I had a great experience.

Reply from Alder

Chauncey, thanks for your review. We appreciate your thoughts on the process and are glad that you chose Alder. Welcome to the Alder family!

May. 3rd, 2018

mike caldwell Houston, TX

The sales rep (Neil) was very professional and informative. He answered all of my questions and was very knowledgeable of the system. The installation Tech's was also great. They were done in less that 30 minutes

Reply from Alder

Mike, thanks for your feedback! Glad to hear that you had a quick and professional set-up with our representatives. Let us know if you ever need anything!

Apr. 5th, 2018

Suzette Wildwood, FL

Well,the sellsman CAME to my door,which I felt was late evening,but he was,so we'll mannered,THAT I had to take the system,AN HE was very Knowledgeable,AN Convincing.Thank you Alder.

Reply from Alder

Hi Suzette. Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear your Alder rep was kind and courteous. We know you will enjoy the safety and peace of mind that an Alder system brings to your home.

Apr. 4th, 2018

Robert Kohlhofer

They get you and forget you. They make promises just to shut you up. Stay away. promises to help solve your problem, then make excuses. Stay away!!

Andre Michel colas

Once you signed the contract it will take for ever to get them on the phone, I have of alarm didn’t work and I get gold of rhem

Henry Plano, TX

Great no complaints so far dependable and reliable service.

N J Dunmore Apollo Beach, FL

Easy, reliable and expeditious responses to questions or concerns

Matthew Juliar Seguin, TX

Awesome and live customer service and outstanding support group ....

carmen Diaz Syracuse, NY

love them they are fast with checking if u need help and they are nice as well

Karen Columbus, GA

I'm very unhappy it has been a year still haven't received what I request from day one of enrollment customer service always state someone will call me

Jessica Peyton Columbus, OH

Very responsive and very quick the have police there within minutes.

Tee Sims Green Bay, WI

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE VERY USER FRIENDLY AND SIMPLE & EASY INSTALLATION

Angeli Lithonia, GA

They respond very quickly to any alarm that goes off in the home

Evelyn Reserve, LA

Was on vacation across the country in November. Got call from Alder that my fire alarm was going off. Fire department was called and didn't see any problem. Same thing happened about 1/2 hour later. I was panicked to say the least. When I got home a week later found it had gotten COLD! Alder should know if their alarm is for cold or heat.

Rebecca Pratt Columbus, OH

Would give them no stars if it was an option. They cancelled our account and kept taking money out of our account & now tell us we have to keep paying even though the equipment wouldn't work right, they wouldn't send a service tech to our home (sent us parts to fix ourselves), Would never recommend this company to anyone for anything.

Dale Layne Cleveland, OH

A complete rip off, purchased 3 cameras from them, they don’t install. Customer service is the worst I have ever had to deal with. Alarm goes off for no reason all times of the day for no reason. I guess the only good thing is I am getting to know the police pretty good thanks to the false alarms.

Annie Blunt Monroe, LA

I am dissatisfied with this service. It's not working properly, it keeps going off at night and says it is a miscalculation, it's a failure. I don't think they are trustworthy.

Reply from Alder

Annie, thanks for your review! We're glad you chose Alder.

Edsorena Reed Stuttgart, AR

They're quick and reliable. They do everything they're supposed to do to make me comfortable.

Reply from Alder

Edsorena, thanks for your review! Glad you're happy with the system and services.

Sherri Williams Lubbock, TX

They were professional. They were knowledgeable of what was going on and just wanted to serve.

Reply from Alder

Sherri, thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing your feedback.

anonymous Otis Orchards, WA

Everything's working fine. I haven't gotten used to the touch screen panel yet, and it has some problems turning off.

Gerald Haynes

The salesman was very convincing, and this is the best equipment that I have seen.

Reply from Alder

Gerald--we're grateful for your review!