Contact a company – $100 satisfaction guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

5.9

Alder

verified
Price: $29.99+/Month

Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option with no service windows by shipping the alarm systems directly to the customer's home. The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder believes in total home safety and uniquely provides more equipment to cover more of the home compared to other home security providers that are focused on door-to-door sales.

#1 Protect America Logo Protect America ›

9.2

Overall
Score

#2 Guardian Protection Logo Guardian Protection ›

8.7

Overall
Score

#3 Frontpoint Logo Frontpoint ›

8.5

Overall
Score

#8 Alder Logo Alder ›

5.9

Overall
Score

The Good

• Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Affordable Plans
  • Full Equipment
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location. Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Affordable Plans and Price Lock Guarantee

Alder alarm systems are affordably priced starting at $39.99. This is on the lower end of home security pricing plans. Alder also ensures a price lock guarantee, so you don't have to worry about your plan continually getting more expensive.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensor
  • Smart door locks
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants feature an alert button that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owner is in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick!

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

The Bad

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the options for garage door access or small appliance control devices.

However, this doesn't mean that Alder is completely lacking home automation functions. Quite the contrary. Home automation features such as smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts are all included. This likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website. Interested individuals are encouraged to reach out to the company for more information.

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices. Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price lock guarantee. However, customers should be aware that they must sign a long-term contract (3-year contract) with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services. Although, this is relatively common in the home security industry. Read Alder security reviews below to see what current and past homeowners using Alder's services have to say about its customer service, equipment, and monthly monitoring.

View Best Home Security Companies

Reviews from #1 Home Security Company

Protect America

DCH
October 11th, 2018 | Hampton, VA

Jenny was great. We recently had to move due to a threat to my home. My old setup wasn’t effective. After speaking to Jenny my wife and I started to brainstorm with her and she kept giving us options that were affordable and EXACTLY what we were looking for. Now can’t wait to get it in and installed. Rush ship it please 😄

Kelly Geels
September 17th, 2018 | Visalia, CA

Fast set up and great customer service, system works well. Love that equipment was free and no contracts! Perfect for our family

3.5

Sharon Dees
July 9th, 2018 Laurens, SC DETAILS

The girl I talked to was really friendly and easy to talk to.

[email protected]Jul 09, 2018

Hi Sharon. Glad to hear your thoughts. Thanks for your review!

Edsorena Reed
July 9th, 2018 Stuttgart, AR DETAILS

They're quick and reliable. They do everything they're supposed to do to make me comfortable.

[email protected]Jul 09, 2018

Edsorena, thanks for your review! Glad you're happy with the system and services.

Sherri Williams
July 9th, 2018 Lubbock, TX DETAILS

They were professional. They were knowledgeable of what was going on and just wanted to serve.

[email protected]Jul 09, 2018

Sherri, thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing your feedback.

Linda Webster
July 9th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

They don't repair their equipment and they're a terrible company to work with.

[email protected]Jul 09, 2018

Hi Linda, thanks for your honest review. We appreciate your feedback. Sorry to hear this is how you feel so far! Please contact us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number so that we can engage in a more detailed dialogue and help you resolve your concerns. Thanks! --Scott

Zachary
July 5th, 2018 Irving, TX DETAILS

Great company with good pricing. Professional and prompt.

[email protected]Jul 05, 2018

Zachary, thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback.

Heath Pennington
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

It's easily accessible and the equipment is up to date with all the standards.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Heath, thanks for your review. Hope you enjoy using your system and protecting your home!

Kenneth Jewitt
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

It was convenient to buy and install it, they did a good job.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Kenneth--we appreciate your review. Thanks for your feedback!

Keith Halton
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

I only had one incident, the carbon monoxide alarm went off and I didn't hear anything from them. I still don't know what the problem was.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Keith, thanks for your review. Sorry to hear about this. Please call our tech support team if anything happens again at 844-442-5337 Ext 731.

E. Springfield
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

I haven't had any trouble with it, it's easy to manage. We feel really comfortable with it.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Thank you for your review! Glad to have you among the Alder family.

Judson Cork
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

I accidentally set off my alarm and they always call me to check. I would like some cameras and I don't have any.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Judson, we appreciate your review. Thanks for your feedback. If you are interested in cameras, feel free to call us at 844-442-5337! Thanks again.

Clifford Miell
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Everything works perfect, there are no problems or issues.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Clifford, we're glad to hear that! Thank you for your review.

Sandra Thomas
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

They talked to us and suddenly next thing I know they were putting the system in my house.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Sandra, thanks for your review. Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

William Taylor
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Communication is good, there have been no problems with the technical or customer support

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

William, thanks for leaving us a quick review!

Gerald Haynes
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

The salesman was very convincing, and this is the best equipment that I have seen.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Gerald--we're grateful for your review!

Frankie Williams
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

The gentleman was at our house for the longest time to make sure that everything was set up correctly, and he was nice the entire time. He explained everything to us the entire way through. The numbers are much bigger with Alder, and the voices for when the door is opening isn't so loud. I definitely like the flow of Alder more than the other company I've used, and I'm glad I made the switch.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Frankie, thanks so much for your thoughts and feedback! Glad you chose Alder!

Melvin Moore
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

The equipment is fine, it does its job. They have me waiting almost 3 weeks for cameras, and they didn't call or show up.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Melvin--thank you for your review. We apologize for your experience so far! Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or account number so that we can rectify this issue. Thanks again.

Sonia Rose
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

My system says "low battery" and it took close to a month for them to determine I needed a new battery. The customer service is bad and I think there are other systems for cheaper. But, it serves my purposes.

Deborah Springer
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

It's easy to operate, and they help me with all the things I have an issue with.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Hi Deborah, thanks for your review. Glad to have you join the Alder family!

Renee Hamilton
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

If there is ever a problem they fix it and get right back to me about the problem. You can call the fire department or police so it makes you feel safer at home.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Renee, thanks for your review!

Felicia Sharkey
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

I like the customer service, they are excellent. But, sometimes it does go off and I don't know why.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Felicia, thanks for your review. Please reach out to our tech support team if you ever have the system go off. They can be reached at 844-442-5337 Ext 731.

Jerome Agee
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Everything is perfect, the equipment is good and the representatives are good.

Margie Bookey
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Customer service is lousy, it takes forever to get in contact with somebody. The equipment is average.

Adrienne Lynch
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

As soon as I had a problem with my security code, I called them and it was handled very quickly. I think their equipment is up to date, and they make it has good quality. The service is great, very professional and courteous.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Adrienne, thanks for your review! Happy to hear from you about your feedback so far.

Lee Stafford
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Any question I have they get right back to me with an answer. They are always listening to it, even for the wrong code.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Lee, thanks for leaving a review! Glad to hear your thoughts.

Richard Spear
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

When you put it on the wall they have tape showing up underneath.

Carolyn Cammon
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

They offer a great service and have a great price for it.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Carolyn, thanks for your review!

Mike Young
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

The only problem we had was someone called the police department way too fast instead of asking us if we needed assistance. It's easy to install and take with you if you move.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Hi Mike. Thanks for your review. Let us know if you need any help going forward.

Shannon Harper
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

I got a good deal on this system. I think the equipment is good

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Hi Shannon. Thanks for your review! We hope you enjoy your Alder system. Let us know if you ever need anything.

Mark Sullivant

Equipment is 5 out of 5 because it's up to date

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Hi Mark. Thanks for your review! Glad to hear you enjoy your system.

Oge Jeanjacques
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Alder was advertised in the community and they offered me a long protection so I chose them. They are a good alarm company. The price is a little high, but it's worth it.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Thanks for your review! Welcome to the Alder family.

Paulette Wells
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

The customer support I received was good, she was able to help me and give me money that was promised once I cancelled my other service. But, the salesmen need to be more honest to the customers so that they know what they are getting. The salesman I had was rude and lied to me.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Thanks for your review, Paulette. We appreciate hearing from you. Sorry to hear about your experience with your Alder rep. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you by contacting us at [email protected] We hope you enjoy using your new system.

Wanda Smith
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

They're always there when you need them. I don't really know anything about the equipment, but it's been satisfactory.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Hello, Wanda. Thanks for your feedback and review. We're happy you chose Alder. Please reach out to us if you need help or advice on using the system!

Nan Maddox
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

They showed up at my door saying that they had taken over the company I was with. They're quick to respond if the alarm goes off. But it takes forever for tech support, I had a problem with the equipment and they never fixed it until they finally called me back. The alarm goes off unnecessarily because the sensor attachment falls off the door. It costs too much for what they are.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Thanks for your review. We appreciate hearing from you. Sorry to hear this has been your experience so far! Let us know how we can better help by contacting us at [email protected] with your phone number or account number. We want to make sure your system works smoothly going forward. Thanks again.

Mary Johnson
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

They are all pleasant and friendly, and the equipment is good.

[email protected]Jul 03, 2018

Mary, thank you for your review. Glad to hear your feedback!

Allison Harrison
July 5th, 2018 Louisville, KY DETAILS

I had a service call appt with Alder today 7/2 between the hours of 11-2 pm Eastern time. At 2:03 pm, I called to ask about my appt and was told that the service tech would arrive shortly. I called again at 2:30 customer service could not reach the service guy by phone before I was bounced around on the call. I had to MISS an entire day of work without pay for your service tech not to show up and not to even call! I am a very dissatisfied customer, you bill late and do not show up for appointments and your phone hold time is too long. At this point, my husband and I are very unhappy with Alder and prefer to DISCONTINUE our contract and service immediately with Alder. You have VERY VERY POOR customer service!

[email protected]Jul 05, 2018

Hi Allison. Thanks for your review. We're sorry that this has been your experience so far! Please contact us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number so that we can come to a speedy resolution concerning your appointment. I'd like to make sure we make things right for you! Thanks. --Scott

Gwendolyn Hart
July 5th, 2018 Kensett, AR

Was considering this company today and I’m glad I did not! The pitch was good but once I looked into it more I decided not to let them install anything! I told them to cancel it immediately and I will follow up and make sure it is and that they do not charge my account for anything. When the guy came to do the install he was unsure about how to do it big red flag!

[email protected]Jul 05, 2018

Gwendolyn, thanks for your review. Sorry this has been your experience! We'd like to make sure we resolve your concerns as they relate to the installation. Feel free to email us at [email protected] so that we can get some more details as to what happened. Thanks again. --Scott

Peggy Daspit
July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

I think that the rate for the service is much higher than other security systems.

[email protected]Jul 02, 2018

Hi Peggy. Thanks for your review. If you have concerns with the pricing, feel free to contact us at [email protected] We always make sure to keep your rate locked in and keep an extended warranty throughout the entire term of your agreement. Thanks again.

Michael Hill
July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

I can never get in touch with your customers service when in Need

[email protected]Jul 02, 2018

Michael, thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We apologize that this has been your experience so far. Please contact us at [email protected] with your account number or phone number so that we can ensure you can get quick access to help when you need it.

robyn variste
July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

alarm goes off and nothing is wrong. it has gone off in the middle of the night and it wasn't even a fire.

[email protected]Jul 02, 2018

Hi Robyn. Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear this has happened so far! Please let us know some more details at [email protected] (if you could also include your phone number or Alder account number). Then we can make sure your system works properly. Thanks again.

Mary oman
July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Equipment is out of date. Lots of false alarms. When you call them you go through 4 it 5 different people and you still get no correct answer. Alarm was going off and they could not shut it off and could not come out for 5 days. Unacceptable.

[email protected]Jul 02, 2018

Hi Mary. Thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear this has been your experience. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number, so that we can make sure your concerns are resolved. I want to make things right going forward. Thanks! --Scott