Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry-leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option and ships the alarm systems directly to the customer's home.

The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder home security starts at $34.99 per month and requires a three-year contract.

Read Alder home security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the security provider.

The Good

• Alder Home Security Cost
  • Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required
  • Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder Home Security Cost

Alder home security systems start at $34.99 for monthly monitoring with no upfront fees and a three-year contract. Over the course of the 36-month contract, you'll pay close to $1,300.

Alder has a price-lock guarantee, so you can have peace of mind that your plan cost will not increase over time. Alder's home security costs are on the lower end of security pricing, as many companies charge upwards of $40–$50 per month with extra installation and equipment fees.

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location.

Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owners are in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick.

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensors
  • Smart door lock
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products.

The Bad

• Alder Home Security Reviews
  • Home Automation Limitations
  • Limited Pricing Information Online
  • Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder Home Security Reviews

Although not overwhelmingly negative, Alder home security reviews include a large number of low-star ratings, making its overall star-rating subpar. The majority of dissatisfied consumer reviews highlight a difficult cancellation process, cancellation fees, and deceiving contract lengths.

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the option for garage door access or small appliance control devices.

Existing home automation features include smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts. However, this likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website.

Limited Pricing Information Online

Alder does not list its pricing information on its website. This makes it difficult for customers to quickly compare Alder's pricing to other home security providers. The website encourages you to call an Alder representative to get a personalized quote.

Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder home security only offers cellular monitoring, neglecting wireless/broadband and landline monitoring. This may be limiting to homeowners who prefer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options over cellular.

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. Alder's response time of three seconds also puts the company above the competition. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices.

Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price-lock guarantee. Alder doesn't offer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options. Instead, the security company only offers cellular monitoring, which is somewhat rare in the home security industry and may limit homeowners' options.

Customers should be aware that they must sign a three-year contract with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services, and customer reviews highlight a difficult and costly cancellation process. Alder's website does not list specific pricing on its website, so you'll need to contact the company for cost information. You can request a quote from the company by clicking any of the links to Alder in this review.

We suggest reading Alder home security reviews below before making your final purchasing decision.

Call our recommended rep over at Alder below.

2.6

Annie Blunt

July 11th, 2018 Monroe, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am dissatisfied with this service. It's not working properly, it keeps going off at night and says it is a miscalculation, it's a failure. I don't think they are trustworthy.

Jul 09, 2018

Annie, thanks for your review! We're glad you chose Alder.

July 11th, 2018 Saraland, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The were very thorough and explained everything very well. We have not had any problems with it.

Jul 11, 2018

Hi! Thanks for your review.

Dolores Marinello

July 11th, 2018 Pittsburgh, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We bought this system because it's not telephone activated and it's a good price.

Jul 11, 2018

Hi Dolores, thanks for your review. We're glad to hear your feedback! Let us know if there's anything we can do for you. --Scott

Harold Allen

July 11th, 2018 Tallulah, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The equipment is good and the service is affordable. Dependable and they're there when I need them. It's easy to use and they are an excellent company for me.

Jul 11, 2018

Harold, thanks for your review! Glad to hear about your thoughts on the system and service.

Albert Pendlebury

July 11th, 2018 Blackfoot, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have been very courteous, professional and prompt and got everything taken care of. They were good at explaining the new alarm system to us. They always answer quickly and we've never any problems that they didn't resolve. This company is less expensive than a previous company we had.

Jul 11, 2018

Albert, glad to hear you chose Alder! We hope you enjoy your system.

Mary Ester

July 11th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The equipment is good, we really enjoy the service that is provided. The technician was very helpful and did what he was supposed to do. It's a good deal.

Jul 11, 2018

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on Alder, Mary! Hope you enjoy your system.

Johnette Jerrett

July 11th, 2018 Spring, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There is no bulky equipment and it's simple to use.The customer service is excellent. The installer was very, very professional and explained everything to me. My experience has been really good, they always call me right away if I put my code in wrong or go out the door without putting it in. It's a little pricey, but I'm willing to pay it.

Jul 11, 2018

Johnette, thanks for your review. We are happy to hear how you've enjoyed everything so far! Welcome to the Alder family.

Candice Newton

July 11th, 2018 Monroe, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was a great offer and I needed this for my protection. They offered me great financing. It's a very accurate system.

Jul 11, 2018

Hi Candice, thanks for leaving us a review!

Kristine

July 10th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They never come check equipment have had one guy stop only because I seen him on the road

Jul 10, 2018

Hi Kristine. Thanks for your review! We apologize for that. Please reach out to us at with your phone number or account number so that we can fix that and make sure you get technical help whenever you need it.

Charlaine Skeel

July 10th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I felt they took advantage of my situation, I thought I was talking with a representative from my current security co. When I asked if he was working under contract with the company I was with he didn't deny it just saying we're our own company. The technician did not put sensors on doors he listed as being secured & did not activate the remote but told me it was ready to go. I spent an hour on the phone with another technician setting these things up myself. I was charged the activating fee of $9.80 twice when I questioned it I was told they didn't know why that happened but they could not credit it until I sent them a copy of my bank statement proving both payments had cleared my account! I had no issues with the company I had been with for the past 10 years and I regret changing.

Jul 10, 2018

Thank you for your review, Charlaine. I apologize this has been your experience with Alder so far. Please contact us at with your phone number or Alder account number so we can come to a speedy resolution and make sure you have a smoother experience going forward! Thanks again. -Scott

Joel Gilbert

July 10th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer support is horrible and your ability to successfully ship any replacement parts is abysmal. We are still waiting on a battery back up for our main alarm panel. You shipped it once to the wrong address which you have done before on other items. I point out that you need to ship to our mailing address and I have no idea as to what you do next.

Jul 10, 2018

Hi Joel. Thanks for your feedback. I apologize for the way things have gone! We want to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen again. Please reach out to us at with your phone number or Alder account number so we can take care of things with you going forward. Thanks! -Scott

Byron Smith

July 10th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not honorable!! Heading into 3 months and haven't held up to their part of the contract. Still haven't bought out contract from Guardian!!

Jul 10, 2018

Byron, thank you for leaving a review. Sorry to hear this! Please know that we want to make sure we take care of paying off your previous company. I apologize for the delay. If you can, please send us a copy of the Guardian contract as well as your Guardian final bill statement if you haven't already. You can send them to . Otherwise, I will look into why there has been this delay. Thanks! -Scott

Leonard Phillips

July 10th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The company is trash there products are trash and customer service is trash

Jul 10, 2018

Hi Leonard, thanks for your review. We're sorry you feel this way! If there is anything specific we need to help you out with, please let us know it by contacting us at with your phone number or Alder account number. Thanks again. -Scott

Patrice Taylor

July 10th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Alder is a scam, Do not feed into their lies. They never told us about a 3 day cancellation or the 5 year contract. They will not let you cancel the service with them. If i could give them 0 stars i would.

Jul 10, 2018

Hi Patrice, thanks for your review. Sorry you've had this experience with Alder so far. We want to make sure we rectify your concerns. Please contact us at so that we can have a more detailed discussion about resolving your main concerns. Thanks again! -Scott

Vera Liggians

July 9th, 2018 Port Gibson, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Whenever you ask them something, they try and get you the best information.

Jul 09, 2018

Hi Vera, thanks for your review!

anonymous

July 9th, 2018 Otis Orchards, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything's working fine. I haven't gotten used to the touch screen panel yet, and it has some problems turning off.

Juan Maldonado

July 9th, 2018 Bon Aqua, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They're very responsible in taking care of issues.

Jul 09, 2018

Juan, thank you for your review! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Guadalupe Garcia

July 9th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's always easy to communicate with them. It's also easy to use.

Jul 09, 2018

We appreciate your review, Guadalupe!

Mary Romero

July 9th, 2018 Henryetta, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I changed my mind the day after they installed it, and they won't respond to my requests to have it pulled. I don't think the equipment is what they said it was.

Jul 09, 2018

Hi Mary, thanks for your review. Sorry you've had this experience so far! I see that we are cancelling your account and will issue a full refund once we receive the equipment. I apologize for the delay in this process! Please contact us at if you need any more help. Thanks. -Scott

Wayne Hannah

July 9th, 2018 Anderson, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They tell you one thing and do something else. My experience with them was a bunch of lies

Jul 09, 2018

Thank you for your review, Wayne. Sorry to hear this has been your experience with Alder so far! Please reach out to us at so that we can make sure your concerns get fully resolved. Thanks again! -Scott

Inez Elam

July 9th, 2018 Aiken, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The sales rep provided us with all the information. He was very kind and I trusted him.

Jul 09, 2018

Inez, thanks for your review! Happy that you chose Alder for your home protection!

Chester Shoemaker

July 9th, 2018 Muncie, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We haven't had any problems so far. It doesn't take up much space or bother me.

Jul 09, 2018

Hi Chester. Thanks for leaving a review for us!

William Bass

July 9th, 2018 Crystal Springs, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They do a good job every time they come out. They have good equipment.

Jul 09, 2018

Thanks for your review, William!

Leona Hanneken

July 9th, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I get answers when I call them. They're system works.

Jul 09, 2018

Leona, thank you for your review. Glad to hear your feedback!

Robert Grandy

July 9th, 2018 Warren, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It keeps me up to date. They're also very prompt.

Jul 09, 2018

Robert, glad to hear you enjoy the system and the services!

Edsorena Reed

July 9th, 2018 Stuttgart, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They're quick and reliable. They do everything they're supposed to do to make me comfortable.

Jul 09, 2018

Edsorena, thanks for your review! Glad you're happy with the system and services.

Sherri Williams

July 9th, 2018 Lubbock, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were professional. They were knowledgeable of what was going on and just wanted to serve.

Jul 09, 2018

Sherri, thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing your feedback.

Linda Webster

July 9th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They don't repair their equipment and they're a terrible company to work with.

Jul 09, 2018

Hi Linda, thanks for your honest review. We appreciate your feedback. Sorry to hear this is how you feel so far! Please contact us at with your phone number or Alder account number so that we can engage in a more detailed dialogue and help you resolve your concerns. Thanks! --Scott

Zachary

July 4th, 2018 Irving, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company with good pricing. Professional and prompt.

Jul 05, 2018

Zachary, thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback.

Heath Pennington

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's easily accessible and the equipment is up to date with all the standards.

Jul 03, 2018

Heath, thanks for your review. Hope you enjoy using your system and protecting your home!

Kenneth Jewitt

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was convenient to buy and install it, they did a good job.

Jul 03, 2018

Kenneth--we appreciate your review. Thanks for your feedback!

Keith Halton

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I only had one incident, the carbon monoxide alarm went off and I didn't hear anything from them. I still don't know what the problem was.

Jul 03, 2018

Keith, thanks for your review. Sorry to hear about this. Please call our tech support team if anything happens again at 844-442-5337 Ext 731.

E. Springfield

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I haven't had any trouble with it, it's easy to manage. We feel really comfortable with it.

Jul 03, 2018

Thank you for your review! Glad to have you among the Alder family.

Judson Cork

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I accidentally set off my alarm and they always call me to check. I would like some cameras and I don't have any.

Jul 03, 2018

Judson, we appreciate your review. Thanks for your feedback. If you are interested in cameras, feel free to call us at 844-442-5337! Thanks again.

Clifford Miell

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything works perfect, there are no problems or issues.

Jul 03, 2018

Clifford, we're glad to hear that! Thank you for your review.

Sandra Thomas

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They talked to us and suddenly next thing I know they were putting the system in my house.

Jul 03, 2018

Sandra, thanks for your review. Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

William Taylor

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Communication is good, there have been no problems with the technical or customer support

Jul 03, 2018

William, thanks for leaving us a quick review!

Gerald Haynes

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The salesman was very convincing, and this is the best equipment that I have seen.

Jul 03, 2018

Gerald--we're grateful for your review!

Frankie Williams

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The gentleman was at our house for the longest time to make sure that everything was set up correctly, and he was nice the entire time. He explained everything to us the entire way through. The numbers are much bigger with Alder, and the voices for when the door is opening isn't so loud. I definitely like the flow of Alder more than the other company I've used, and I'm glad I made the switch.

Jul 03, 2018

Frankie, thanks so much for your thoughts and feedback! Glad you chose Alder!

Melvin Moore

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The equipment is fine, it does its job. They have me waiting almost 3 weeks for cameras, and they didn't call or show up.

Jul 03, 2018

Melvin--thank you for your review. We apologize for your experience so far! Please reach out to us at with your phone number or account number so that we can rectify this issue. Thanks again.

Sonia Rose

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My system says "low battery" and it took close to a month for them to determine I needed a new battery. The customer service is bad and I think there are other systems for cheaper. But, it serves my purposes.

Deborah Springer

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's easy to operate, and they help me with all the things I have an issue with.

Jul 03, 2018

Hi Deborah, thanks for your review. Glad to have you join the Alder family!

Renee Hamilton

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If there is ever a problem they fix it and get right back to me about the problem. You can call the fire department or police so it makes you feel safer at home.

Jul 03, 2018

Renee, thanks for your review!

Felicia Sharkey

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the customer service, they are excellent. But, sometimes it does go off and I don't know why.

Jul 03, 2018

Felicia, thanks for your review. Please reach out to our tech support team if you ever have the system go off. They can be reached at 844-442-5337 Ext 731.

Jerome Agee

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything is perfect, the equipment is good and the representatives are good.

Margie Bookey

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is lousy, it takes forever to get in contact with somebody. The equipment is average.

Adrienne Lynch

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As soon as I had a problem with my security code, I called them and it was handled very quickly. I think their equipment is up to date, and they make it has good quality. The service is great, very professional and courteous.

Jul 03, 2018

Adrienne, thanks for your review! Happy to hear from you about your feedback so far.

Lee Stafford

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Any question I have they get right back to me with an answer. They are always listening to it, even for the wrong code.

Jul 03, 2018

Lee, thanks for leaving a review! Glad to hear your thoughts.

Richard Spear

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When you put it on the wall they have tape showing up underneath.

Carolyn Cammon

July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They offer a great service and have a great price for it.

Jul 03, 2018

Carolyn, thanks for your review!