Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option with no service windows by shipping the alarm systems directly to the customer's home. The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder believes in total home safety and provides more equipment to cover more of the home compared to other home security providers that are focused on door-to-door sales.

#1 Protect America Logo Protect America ›

9.0

Overall
Score

#2 Guardian Protection Logo Guardian Protection ›

8.9

Overall
Score

#3 Frontpoint Logo Frontpoint ›

8.7

Overall
Score

#10 Alder Logo Alder ›

5.5

Overall
Score

The Good

• Alder Home Security Cost
  • Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required

Alder Home Security Cost

Alder home security systems are affordably priced starting at $39.99/month with no upfront fees and a 3-year contract. Alder has a price lock guarantee, so you can have peace of mind that your plan will not increase in price over time. Alder's home security costs are on the lower end of security pricing.

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location. Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants feature an alert button that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owner is in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick!

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensor
  • Smart door locks
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products. Unfortunately, Alder only offers cellular monitoring for its home security systems.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bad

• Alder Home Security Reviews
  • Home Automation Limitations
  • Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder Home Security Reviews

Although not overwhelmingly negative, Alder home security reviews include a large number of low-star ratings, making its overall star-rating subpar. The majority of dissatisfied consumer reviews highlight an extremely difficult cancellation process, cancellation fees, and deceiving contract lengths.

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the options for garage door access or small appliance control devices. Existing home automation features include smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts. However, this likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website. Interested individuals are encouraged to reach out to the company for more information.

Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder home security only offers cellular monitoring, neglecting wireless/broadband and landline monitoring. This may be limiting to homeowners who prefer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options over cellular.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices. Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price lock guarantee. Alder doesn't offer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options. Instead, the security company only offers cellular monitoring, which is somewhat rare in the home security industry and may limit homeowners' options. Customers should be aware that they must sign a long-term contract (3-year contract) with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services, and customer reviews highlight a difficult and costly cancellation process.

We suggest reading Alder home security reviews below and comparing the security provider to other top-rated home security companies in the industry before making your final decision.

Reviews from #1 Home Security Company

Protect America

DCH
October 11th, 2018 | Hampton, VA

Jenny was great. We recently had to move due to a threat to my home. My old setup wasn’t effective. After speaking to Jenny my wife and I started to brainstorm with her and she kept giving us options that were affordable and EXACTLY what we were looking for. Now can’t wait to get it in and installed. Rush ship it please 😄

Kelly Geels
September 17th, 2018 | Visalia, CA

Fast set up and great customer service, system works well. Love that equipment was free and no contracts! Perfect for our family

3.4

Miguel Reed
June 28th, 2018 Portsmouth, VA DETAILS

The cameras are pretty good in quality, I wish I could see the last thing that happened in the panel but I don't think they have that feature yet.

Jun 28, 2018

Miguel, thanks for your review. We are glad you chose Alder. Please reach out to us if you have any questions about the cameras--our tech support can be reached at 844-442-5337 Ext 731. Thanks again!

Ashley S.
June 25th, 2018 Lynchburg, VA DETAILS

If I could give this "company" 0 stars, I would in a heartbeat. Absolutely 100% con artists. We gave them a try after one of their little door to door salespeople gave us their speech, and about an hour after the install I did more research on the company and found out that they had a wimpy 2 star rating with the BBB. We called to cancel immediately, as we were told there was a 3 day trial period in which we could cancel at any time with no fees. Let me talk about the run around we got from the very first time we called. Firstly, you have to FAX your request to them to cancel your services, because apparently Alder is stuck in some time warp from 2 decades ago. Regardless, we did, and we have confirmation of sending it, it being received, dates, times, etc. 2 days later, nearing the end of the trial, my husband called again to make sure our cancellation was done. They had the absolute stones to limply say "oh, we haven't received it yet". Yes, they had. We had the confirmation that it had been received, and as soon as my husband mentioned it, suddenly our fax was magically found! We were told the cancellation was finished and we would be receiving a box to send our equipment back in. So, we relaxed. Guess what I got today? Not a box! A $55 charge to our bank account! Even after we have documentation of everything being completed during our 3 day trial. Do not EVER do business with this place. We have now had to put a stop payment on our account, we have marked this place as fraud with our bank, and all of our documents and paperwork are now with our lawyer. What an absolute nightmare.

Jun 25, 2018

Hi Ashley. Thanks for your review. I apologize for your experience so far with Alder. But I thank you for your thorough feedback. If you could, please contact us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number so that we can make sure all concerns are resolved and that we make sure you get a full refund once we receive your equipment. Thank you again.

Lowanda miller
June 14th, 2018 Bessemer, AL

Everybody was so very nice and they was fast and professional thank I’m glad I made this decision 👍👍👍

Jun 14, 2018

Thanks for your review, Lowanda! Glad to hear you enjoyed the install of your system!

margaret lowery
June 11th, 2018 Byron, GA DETAILS

If I could give 0 stars I would. My electrical outlet that had the alarm system shorted out and the alarm system stopped working. I called Alder to cancel because it was going to be awhile before I could get an electrician to my house because half my outlets stopped working and I am using extension cords for my tv and other things. Anyway they would not let me cancel saying I was under a contract. I put a stop payment on the recurring payment because I was being charged for no service by Alder, In other words Alder was taking money out of my bank account for nothing, in effect they were stealing. Anyway today I got a past due letter threating a collection agency if I don't go back to letting them steal my money. In addition to that I am having financial issues anyway because I have been in a car accident in which my car was totaled, and now I am having to buy another car. I really can't afford Alder Service but that Alder being a bunch of crooks don't care about that, Avoid this company, I wish I had

Apr 04, 2018

Hello Margaret. We're glad that you left us a review! But we apologize for the concerns you've had. Please email us at [email protected] with your account or phone number so that we can help further resolve your concerns as they relate to the nature of your Alder agreement. We'd love to help as best we can!

Lyndia L Thornton
June 5th, 2018 Martinsville, VA

Very professional and very good explanations for using equipment. The two gentlemen were very polite and courteous. Thy took plenty of time so as to explain everything so it was understood.

Jun 05, 2018

Hi Lyndia. Thanks for your review! We are glad to hear your feedback. Hope you enjoy using your Alder system!

Melva Willis
June 5th, 2018 Dumfries, VA

Great sales, great product, customer service, and more for your money. They changed out my system to theirs and also saved me money on my monitoring fee each month. Last but not least, I received more equipment above what I already had installed. LOVE IT!!

Jun 05, 2018

Melva, thanks for your review! We're so glad to hear you love your new equipment! Thank you for choosing Alder.

David Vernon
June 4th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

Very professional and respectful. Their presentation was practically perfect and something we already had been considering. After care is quality.

Jun 05, 2018

Thanks for your review and feedback, David! Always glad to hear from you. Welcome to the Alder family!

Yolanda
June 1st, 2018 Dallas, TX

My experience with Elder was great they installed all the same day and explain us how we use this system, very nice, very professional people, and very helpful for me and my family they answer every questions every concerns we had and my family and feel safe at home.

Jun 05, 2018

Thanks for your thoughts, Yolanda! Happy to have you join the Alder family!

Edwin Valdes
June 1st, 2018 Houston, TX

The technician did a great job excellent service

Jun 05, 2018

Hi Edwin! Thanks for your review. And thanks for choosing Alder!

Wilmore Long
May 31st, 2018 Sicily Island, LA DETAILS

We recently signed on with Alder after a referral from a friend. When comparing services offered with other companies we found that they extended greater opportunities and services at a fair rate. Overall the service has been exactly what we were looking for. Everyone that I’ve sooken with has been knowledgeable and willing to serve.

Jun 01, 2018

Hi Wilmore! Thanks for your review and feedback. We appreciate hearing from you. We're glad you chose Alder!

James
May 29th, 2018 McAlester, OK

So far so good. Didn’t get the outside cameras. Said they were on back order

Jun 01, 2018

James, thanks for your review. We hope you enjoy using your system. Please let us know if you need anything or have any questions about the cameras!

Linda wilson
June 14th, 2018 Jarratt, VA

Altar rep and tech were very thorough with their service. Everything was explained and shown to me clearly and the experience was very enlightening

Jun 14, 2018

Hi Linda. Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose Alder, and we appreciate your feedback!

Linda C. King
June 5th, 2018 Crossett, AR

Everything went very smoothly. It was presented to us in a very professional manner & we were very impressed with the product.

Jun 05, 2018

Thanks for leaving a review, Linda. Happy to hear your feedback. Welcome to the Alder family!

Barry Simon
May 24th, 2018 Spokane, WA

Met Harrison--sales rep, last night. His knowledge of the product impressed me enough to invite him in. Because he was new to the company...he requested permission to invite his supervisor to the house. His supervisor arrived within minutes. Their professionalism impressed me enough to listen to their information. I purchased the product. As soon as the deal was made, they contacted an installer, who arrived within 15 minutes...and went to work. Within 45 minutes, our system was installed. The technician stayed and insured that, we understood the system completely..to include test runs. Best customer service I have ever received as a new customer.

Jun 01, 2018

Barry, thanks so much for your feedback! We are happy you had a great experience with your Alder reps. Thanks for choosing Alder!

CHRISTINA OLLERBIDS
May 24th, 2018 Houston, TX

They had great customer service. I was very pleased with their professionalism.

Jun 01, 2018

Hi Christina. Thanks for your review. Glad to welcome you to the Alder family!

Veronica Puente
May 23rd, 2018 Dallas, TX

Brad was very knowledgeable and explained everything in a details without leaving any unanswered questions. He was awesome to deal.

Jun 01, 2018

Veronica--thanks for your review. We're happy that Brad did a great job for you! Let us know if you need anything!

Brenda ward
May 22nd, 2018 Miami, OK

Awesome! Very good personalty! Very kind! Quick service! Quick install! Great conversation! Explained everything very well! He was a really kind fella!

Jun 01, 2018

Thank you for your review, Brenda. We appreciate your positive feedback! Welcome to the Alder family.

lizzie m. mcphearson
May 21st, 2018 Little Rock, AR

Representative had to return to home and explain to my understanding the system I wanted and what I was getting.

Jun 01, 2018

Hi Lizzie. Thanks for your review. We appreciate hearing your feedback. Please reach out to us if you need anything!

Martha Spurrier
May 16th, 2018 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS

I need printed information on how to access my system, etc. It is impossible to remember everything that was covered by the technicians when they installed my system. I am afraid to hit buttons. I thought there would be more printed information but there isn't.

May 17, 2018

Thanks for your review, Martha. If you'd like to receive printed material to help you use the system, feel free to call us at 844-442-5337 Ext 725, or email us at [email protected] with your account number or phone number. We'd love to make sure you feel comfortable with your system going forward!

Teresa Ibarra
May 16th, 2018 Orange, TX DETAILS

Alder are thieves & liars!! I have been getting the run around for about a month...no tech can come & fix my system & I'm still getting charged for service I don't have!! Try to cancel & being told that I am in a 60 mos contract so I have to pay!! This company is BS 😤

May 17, 2018

Hi Teresa, thanks for your review. So sorry to hear this has been your experience so far with Alder. Please contact us at [email protected] so that we can resolve your concerns and help you feel more comfortable about your account. Please let us know your Alder account number or phone number in your email so that we can get in touch with you quickly. Thanks again.

Juanita reyhlander
May 14th, 2018 Baytown, TX

Good experience very polite professional

May 14, 2018

Hi Juanita, thanks so much for your review. We appreciate hearing your feedback, and we hope you enjoy your Alder system!

David
May 11th, 2018 Baytown, TX

Very freindly made sure we understood everything said dont hesitate to call for any questions or problems

May 14, 2018

Hi David, thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoyed the services provided by your Alder reps. Thanks for choosing us, and welcome to the Alder family!

Earl Brown
May 10th, 2018 Newport News, VA

They were very professional and polite. The tech installed my equipment and showed me how to do everything. Highly recommended

May 14, 2018

Earl, thank you for leaving a review. We're happy you are satisfied with your Alder system. Let us know if you ever need anything!

Chauncey Davis
May 3rd, 2018 Chesapeake, VA

The installation process went very smoothly without any issues. The technician was very professional and helpful. He also was also done in about 45 minutes. I like the fact that I am also saving money and my system was upgraded. I had a great experience.

May 03, 2018

Chauncey, thanks for your review. We appreciate your thoughts on the process and are glad that you chose Alder. Welcome to the Alder family!

EURADELL ROCK
May 18th, 2018 Shreveport, LA

Just got the service. Andre did a very good job with the service. The cost is good

Jun 01, 2018

Thank you for your review! Glad to hear Andre served you well. Welcome to Alder!

Marcia Donner
May 21st, 2018 Twin Falls, ID DETAILS

I was told to sign the contract which is 13 pages long and hides the 3-day limitation on cancellation on the 4th page and "Early Cancellation" on the 9th page. Neither the 3-day limitation on cancellation or the Early Cancellation portion were discuss as part of point of sale. According to ALDER I am now responsible for the whole contract (5 years @ $49.99/mo). I have a stop-pay on the amt. being deducted from my acct. and a neighbor and I are serious about this kind of excploitation of the elderly which we are.

Jun 01, 2018

Marcia, thanks for your review. We appreciate hearing from you. We are sorry this has been your experience so far with Alder. Please, contact us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number so that we can engage in a more detailed dialogue and resolve your concerns. Thank you.

Dolores Williams
April 25th, 2018 Birmingham, AL

Very great experience, salesman (Garret) was very nice and professional. Quick installation

Apr 25, 2018

Hi Dolores. Thanks for your review! We're glad that Garret did a great job in getting you set up with your new Alder system. Welcome to the Alder family!

Kimberly Jenkins
April 24th, 2018 Indianapolis, IN

I was very delighted and impressed with my initial meeting with Alder sales rep. Skyler! He was very pleasant, polite, and informative! And our system installer Asa was just as pleasant, polite, and informative! Overall I am very pleased!

Apr 24, 2018

Thanks for your feedback, Kimberly. We value your thoughts, and we are glad that Skyler and Asa provided great service for you and your home. Thanks for choosing Alder!

George E. Williams
April 24th, 2018 Little Rock, AR

The personnel were very polite and professional. They exhibited great knowledge of their product and very pleasant.

Apr 24, 2018

Hi George. Thanks for leaving a review regarding your experience with our representatives. We are happy that they served you well. We look forward to protecting your home and family.

Katie Brown
April 23rd, 2018 Baton Rouge, LA

Enjoyed my experience talking with Rob. He was very thoughtful an courteous in explaining the use and options of their product and use of the Adler Alarm system. He was very detailed in explaining cost and installation process an also how long it will take for the technicians to install the Alarm system. The Technicians was knowledgeable an took time to walk me through in using the digital display control panel. They also gave me new key remotes to put on my key chain so I can activate or deactivate without using the display panel. Also gave me a "Life Alert" also to wear as a necklace for convenience. I will definitely recommend Alder to family, neighbors an friends. Thanks again!!!

Apr 23, 2018

Thanks for your detailed review, Katie. We appreciate all your feedback, and we are so happy you had a great experience with Rob. Thanks for choosing Alder! We look forward to serving you.

Felicia Turner
April 18th, 2018 Jackson, MS

The installer James was great. He explained in detail the overall operation of the system.

Apr 18, 2018

Felicia, thanks for your review and feedback! We're glad that James did a great job to serve you. Thanks for choosing Alder!

Doug Skipper
April 10th, 2018 Jonesboro, AR

Alder is a terrible company and uses con men to sell its products. We had to sign a five-year contract and when we moved to an apartment they moved our system and added one year to our contract without our consent. Several times our alarm was triggered but were never contacted. Representatives are very rude and have atendency to lie to customers. Stay away from this criminal enterprise. They will screw you and steal your money.

Apr 10, 2018

Hi Doug. Thanks for your review. We always appreciate and value our customers' feedback, and that includes yours. We are sorry that you've had this kind of experience with Alder so far. Please know you can reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or account number so that we can come to a speedy resolutions for these concerns. Thank you again.

Tawnya Rideaux
April 6th, 2018 Houston, TX

Matt, the tech that installed my system was very knowledgeable about the product. He explained the system with great detail. He also allowed me and my family members to operate the system before he left and made sure we had full understanding of the alarm system.

Apr 06, 2018

Hi Tawnya. Thanks for your review. We're glad that Matt did a fantastic job for you. Welcome to the Alder family!

Jim allison
May 18th, 2018 Tyler, TX

Sales and technical installation were both very professional. I will recommend Alder systems to all my family and friends.

Jun 01, 2018

Hi Jim. Thanks for leaving a review! We're grateful to hear from you and hope you enjoy your Alder system!

Danessa Bolling
April 5th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

Both the salesperson Ryan and the technician Jordan were really nice and personable without being invasive.

Apr 05, 2018

Hi Danessa. Thanks for your review. We appreciate all your honest feedback, and we're happy that your Alder reps did a great job for you at your home.

mike caldwell
April 5th, 2018 Houston, TX

The sales rep (Neil) was very professional and informative. He answered all of my questions and was very knowledgeable of the system. The installation Tech's was also great. They were done in less that 30 minutes

Apr 05, 2018

Mike, thanks for your feedback! Glad to hear that you had a quick and professional set-up with our representatives. Let us know if you ever need anything!

Jerry Washington
April 2nd, 2018 Jackson, GA DETAILS

I have had alder for about 4 to 5 years have not had one problem with my system when a alarm goes off they call within seconds have had other security companies in the past and none of them even come close in response time i have a sensor on my shop door and sometimes when I come home I go to shop and forget about alarm on shop door and alarm goes off alder calls within seconds I couldn’t be more satisfied they r great

Apr 04, 2018

Jerry, thanks for letting us know your thoughts. We're so glad you've enjoyed your alarm service for all the past few years. Let us know if you ever need anything!

Mary Jeffery
April 2nd, 2018 White Hall, AR

I love the way they offer good information on all the services they provide. The information was very detailed. With this service, I will feel more comfortable in my home.

Apr 04, 2018

We're grateful for your feedback, Mary. Never hesitate to reach out to us if you ever need anything.

Ryan Knight
May 18th, 2018 Pine Bluff, AR DETAILS

Ray and Andrew did a great job. I recommend this company.

Jun 01, 2018

Thanks for your review, Ryan. Glad to have you join the Alder family!

Carol Elliott
April 2nd, 2018 Kennewick, WA

Very professional!! Sales person and technician were very polite and friendly!!

Apr 04, 2018

Thanks for your feedback, Carol! We hope to continue providing you friendly and professional services going forward.