Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option with no service windows by shipping the alarm systems directly to the customer's home. The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder home security starts at $34.99 and requires a 3-year contract. Alder customers note a difficult and costly cancellation process. Read Alder home security reviews below to see all noted pros and cons of the company.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Alder Home Security Cost
  • Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required

Alder Home Security Cost

Alder home security systems start at $34.99/month for monthly monitoring with no upfront fees and a 3-year contract. Alder's home security cost will total close to $1,500 over the course of the 36-month contract. Alder has a price lock guarantee, so you can have peace of mind that your plan will not increase in price over time. Alder's home security costs are on the lower end of security pricing.

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location. Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants feature an alert button that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owner is in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick!

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensor
  • Smart door locks
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products. Unfortunately, Alder only offers cellular monitoring for its home security systems.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bad

• Alder Home Security Reviews
  • Home Automation Limitations
  • Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder Home Security Reviews

Although not overwhelmingly negative, Alder home security reviews include a large number of low-star ratings, making its overall star-rating subpar. The majority of dissatisfied consumer reviews highlight an extremely difficult cancellation process, cancellation fees, and deceiving contract lengths.

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the options for garage door access or small appliance control devices. Existing home automation features include smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts. However, this likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website. Interested individuals are encouraged to reach out to the company for more information.

Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder home security only offers cellular monitoring, neglecting wireless/broadband and landline monitoring. This may be limiting to homeowners who prefer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options over cellular.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices. Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price lock guarantee. Alder doesn't offer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options. Instead, the security company only offers cellular monitoring, which is somewhat rare in the home security industry and may limit homeowners' options. Customers should be aware that they must sign a long-term contract (3-year contract) with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services, and customer reviews highlight a difficult and costly cancellation process.

We suggest reading Alder home security reviews below and comparing the security provider to other top-rated home security companies in the industry before making your final decision.

2.8

E. Springfield
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

I haven't had any trouble with it, it's easy to manage. We feel really comfortable with it.

Jul 03, 2018

Thank you for your review! Glad to have you among the Alder family.

Judson Cork
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

I accidentally set off my alarm and they always call me to check. I would like some cameras and I don't have any.

Jul 03, 2018

Judson, we appreciate your review. Thanks for your feedback. If you are interested in cameras, feel free to call us at 844-442-5337! Thanks again.

Clifford Miell
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Everything works perfect, there are no problems or issues.

Jul 03, 2018

Clifford, we're glad to hear that! Thank you for your review.

Sandra Thomas
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

They talked to us and suddenly next thing I know they were putting the system in my house.

Jul 03, 2018

Sandra, thanks for your review. Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

William Taylor
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Communication is good, there have been no problems with the technical or customer support

Jul 03, 2018

William, thanks for leaving us a quick review!

Gerald Haynes
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

The salesman was very convincing, and this is the best equipment that I have seen.

Jul 03, 2018

Gerald--we're grateful for your review!

Frankie Williams
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

The gentleman was at our house for the longest time to make sure that everything was set up correctly, and he was nice the entire time. He explained everything to us the entire way through. The numbers are much bigger with Alder, and the voices for when the door is opening isn't so loud. I definitely like the flow of Alder more than the other company I've used, and I'm glad I made the switch.

Jul 03, 2018

Frankie, thanks so much for your thoughts and feedback! Glad you chose Alder!

Melvin Moore
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

The equipment is fine, it does its job. They have me waiting almost 3 weeks for cameras, and they didn't call or show up.

Jul 03, 2018

Melvin--thank you for your review. We apologize for your experience so far! Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or account number so that we can rectify this issue. Thanks again.

Sonia Rose
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

My system says "low battery" and it took close to a month for them to determine I needed a new battery. The customer service is bad and I think there are other systems for cheaper. But, it serves my purposes.

Deborah Springer
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

It's easy to operate, and they help me with all the things I have an issue with.

Jul 03, 2018

Hi Deborah, thanks for your review. Glad to have you join the Alder family!

Renee Hamilton
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

If there is ever a problem they fix it and get right back to me about the problem. You can call the fire department or police so it makes you feel safer at home.

Jul 03, 2018

Renee, thanks for your review!

Felicia Sharkey
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

I like the customer service, they are excellent. But, sometimes it does go off and I don't know why.

Jul 03, 2018

Felicia, thanks for your review. Please reach out to our tech support team if you ever have the system go off. They can be reached at 844-442-5337 Ext 731.

Jerome Agee
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Everything is perfect, the equipment is good and the representatives are good.

Margie Bookey
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Customer service is lousy, it takes forever to get in contact with somebody. The equipment is average.

Adrienne Lynch
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

As soon as I had a problem with my security code, I called them and it was handled very quickly. I think their equipment is up to date, and they make it has good quality. The service is great, very professional and courteous.

Jul 03, 2018

Adrienne, thanks for your review! Happy to hear from you about your feedback so far.

Lee Stafford
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Any question I have they get right back to me with an answer. They are always listening to it, even for the wrong code.

Jul 03, 2018

Lee, thanks for leaving a review! Glad to hear your thoughts.

Richard Spear
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

When you put it on the wall they have tape showing up underneath.

Carolyn Cammon
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

They offer a great service and have a great price for it.

Jul 03, 2018

Carolyn, thanks for your review!

Mike Young
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

The only problem we had was someone called the police department way too fast instead of asking us if we needed assistance. It's easy to install and take with you if you move.

Jul 03, 2018

Hi Mike. Thanks for your review. Let us know if you need any help going forward.

Shannon Harper
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

I got a good deal on this system. I think the equipment is good

Jul 03, 2018

Hi Shannon. Thanks for your review! We hope you enjoy your Alder system. Let us know if you ever need anything.

Mark Sullivant

Equipment is 5 out of 5 because it's up to date

Jul 03, 2018

Hi Mark. Thanks for your review! Glad to hear you enjoy your system.

Oge Jeanjacques
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Alder was advertised in the community and they offered me a long protection so I chose them. They are a good alarm company. The price is a little high, but it's worth it.

Jul 03, 2018

Thanks for your review! Welcome to the Alder family.

Paulette Wells
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

The customer support I received was good, she was able to help me and give me money that was promised once I cancelled my other service. But, the salesmen need to be more honest to the customers so that they know what they are getting. The salesman I had was rude and lied to me.

Jul 03, 2018

Thanks for your review, Paulette. We appreciate hearing from you. Sorry to hear about your experience with your Alder rep. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you by contacting us at [email protected] We hope you enjoy using your new system.

Wanda Smith
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

They're always there when you need them. I don't really know anything about the equipment, but it's been satisfactory.

Jul 03, 2018

Hello, Wanda. Thanks for your feedback and review. We're happy you chose Alder. Please reach out to us if you need help or advice on using the system!

Nan Maddox
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

They showed up at my door saying that they had taken over the company I was with. They're quick to respond if the alarm goes off. But it takes forever for tech support, I had a problem with the equipment and they never fixed it until they finally called me back. The alarm goes off unnecessarily because the sensor attachment falls off the door. It costs too much for what they are.

Jul 03, 2018

Thanks for your review. We appreciate hearing from you. Sorry to hear this has been your experience so far! Let us know how we can better help by contacting us at [email protected] with your phone number or account number. We want to make sure your system works smoothly going forward. Thanks again.

Mary Johnson
July 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

They are all pleasant and friendly, and the equipment is good.

Jul 03, 2018

Mary, thank you for your review. Glad to hear your feedback!

Peggy Daspit
July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

I think that the rate for the service is much higher than other security systems.

Jul 02, 2018

Hi Peggy. Thanks for your review. If you have concerns with the pricing, feel free to contact us at [email protected] We always make sure to keep your rate locked in and keep an extended warranty throughout the entire term of your agreement. Thanks again.

Michael Hill
July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

I can never get in touch with your customers service when in Need

Jul 02, 2018

Michael, thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We apologize that this has been your experience so far. Please contact us at [email protected] with your account number or phone number so that we can ensure you can get quick access to help when you need it.

robyn variste
July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

alarm goes off and nothing is wrong. it has gone off in the middle of the night and it wasn't even a fire.

Jul 02, 2018

Hi Robyn. Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear this has happened so far! Please let us know some more details at [email protected] (if you could also include your phone number or Alder account number). Then we can make sure your system works properly. Thanks again.

Mary oman
July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Equipment is out of date. Lots of false alarms. When you call them you go through 4 it 5 different people and you still get no correct answer. Alarm was going off and they could not shut it off and could not come out for 5 days. Unacceptable.

Jul 02, 2018

Hi Mary. Thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear this has been your experience. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number, so that we can make sure your concerns are resolved. I want to make things right going forward. Thanks! --Scott

Michael Scott
July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Knowledge, friendliness, efficiency, timeliness, honesty

Hi Michael! Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback. --Scott

Theresa
July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

I was told they would buy out my contract and that did not happen. I was paying for cameras that did not do what they said it would. I could not get help on any of it.

Jul 02, 2018

Theresa, thanks for your review. Sorry that this has been your experience so far. We would be more than happy to pay off your previous contract--Please contact us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number. Also, if you could provide us the final bill statement and copy of the contract from your previous company, we can help out with their buyout. Thanks again! --Scott

Josephine Alder
June 28th, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS

It's convenient for me to use and to understand. It's also easier to take care of than my last security system.

Dorothy Duncan
June 28th, 2018 Anniston, AL DETAILS

I like the system because if my alarm goes off they will call me immediately. If anything happens to the equipment they won't waste any time, they'll come and fix it.

Sandra Tozay
June 28th, 2018 Uniontown, AL DETAILS

When someone tried to get in my house Alder was right on time and didn't take long to get in touch with the police.

Jun 28, 2018

Sandra, we appreciate your review. Enjoy using your Alder system!

Charles Demumbreum
June 28th, 2018 Nashville, TN DETAILS

I really like it because if someone breaks into my house and I'm not there I'll be notified on my cell phone that there are intruders.

Jun 28, 2018

Glad to hear you like the system, Charles! We know that it will keep you and your family protected.

Loretta Matlock
June 28th, 2018 Fordyce, AR DETAILS

When my alarm went off they promptly came over to check up on me. I really appreciate that promptness.

Mary Chandler
June 28th, 2018 Heflin, AL DETAILS

I like it because it's not plugged into the wall and it's easy to get to. When the alarm goes off the company responds quickly.

Willie Johnson
June 28th, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS

There were a couple of times when the alarm was set off and they were right on the phone with me to make sure everything was ok. The one thing is that they didn't tell me I'd have to pay a little extra instead of bringing my bill down but the service has been good.

Jun 28, 2018

Hi Willie. Thanks for your review. Please let us know if you ever need anything! We appreciate your feedback.

anonymous
June 28th, 2018 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS

They paid to get me out of my contract with my old alarm company and they got it installed in an hour and twenty minutes and it works way better than my other one ever did.

Henry Bonner
June 28th, 2018 Roanoke, AL DETAILS

The equipment got old and they never replaced it. They act like a bunch of mafia people and make you do things you don't wanna do. They have a C- on the Better Business Bureau and I think it should be lower than that.

Oscar Miller
June 28th, 2018 Amite, LA DETAILS

We haven't had any problems with our system so far and everything works fine.

Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for your review, Oscar!

Frederick Ritter
June 28th, 2018 Norfolk, VA DETAILS

Whenever I've had issues they've promptly resolved them for me. I like having the newest technology like the doorbell camera, and also controlling the alarm system through the app on my phone.

Jun 28, 2018

Frederick--thanks for your review! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Karen Bonaparte
June 28th, 2018 Anderson, IN DETAILS

Their customer service is there for you and they take their time to answer your questions. I haven't had any trouble since I've had it.

Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for your review, Karen. We're happy you chose Alder, and we welcome you to our family!

Cathy Pines
June 28th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

Every time I have some kind of complication it doesn't take long to get a hold of them. Everything is at a reasonable price and it's easy to use.

Jun 28, 2018

Cathy, thanks for your review! We appreciate hearing from you and hope you enjoy peace of mind with your Alder system.

Ray Lacey
June 28th, 2018 Jackson, MS DETAILS

When they came and installed everything they really explained how everything worked. The equipment is very good and up to date.

Jun 28, 2018

Hi Ray, thanks for your review! We're glad you chose Alder, and we hope you enjoy your system! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Terry Holloway
June 28th, 2018 Bessemer, AL DETAILS

Alder has a fast response when the alarm goes off, and it's fairly easy to operate.

Derek Wilkins
June 28th, 2018 Pine Bluff, AR DETAILS

I was having problems with my alarm the other day and it was a struggle to get customer support. I've had my system for about a month and have had some problems with it.

Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for your review and thoughts, Derek. Sorry to hear that! Please reach out to us at [email protected] so that we can make sure you have a smooth experience going forward with your system.

Rene Carr
June 28th, 2018 Franklin, VA DETAILS

When the representative came to my house she explained everything about the security system very well. It's been working great and I love it.

Jun 28, 2018

Rene, thanks for leaving a review for us! Glad to hear your rep did a great job for you. Welcome to the Alder family!

Ursula Clark
June 28th, 2018 Tulsa, OK DETAILS

I called to cancel because I found out I had cancer but they are now helping me with the payments. They're very good people.

Jun 28, 2018

Ursula, thanks for your review. We thank you for choosing Alder and wish you good health.