Alder

5.3

LAST UPDATED: October 22nd, 2021

Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry-leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option and ships the alarm systems directly to the customer's home.

The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder home security starts at $34.99 per month and requires a three-year contract.

Read the following Alder home security review below to see what the alarm company has to offer (e.g. equipment and policy details), as well as determine what customers have to say about the security provider.

The Good

• Alder Home Security Cost
  • Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required
  • Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder Home Security Cost

An Alder home security system starts at $34.99 for monthly monitoring with no upfront fees and a three-year contract. Over the course of the 36-month contract, you'll pay close to $1,300. Alder customers also have a DIY installation option.

Alder has a price-lock guarantee, so you can have peace of mind that your plan cost will not increase over time. Alder's home security costs are on the lower end of security pricing, as many companies charge upwards of $40-$50 per month with extra installation and equipment fees.

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location.

Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Each Alder system also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire, smoke alarm, and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owners are in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but each Alder alarm system can potentially respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick.

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You may purchase an Alder security system with or without credit.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Touchscreen control panel
  • Glass break sensor
  • Smart door lock
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products.

The Bad

• Alder Home Security Reviews
  • Home Automation Limitations
  • Limited Pricing Information Online
  • Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder Home Security Reviews

Although not overwhelmingly negative, Alder home security reviews include a large number of low-star ratings, making its overall star-rating subpar. The majority of dissatisfied consumer reviews highlight a difficult cancellation process, cancellation fees, and deceiving contract lengths.

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the option for garage door access or small appliance control devices.

Existing home automation equipment includes smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts. However, these features (including the Alder app) likely cost extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website.

Limited Pricing Information Online

Alder does not list its pricing information on its website. This makes it difficult for customers to quickly compare Alder's pricing to other home security providers. The website encourages you to call an Alder representative to get a personalized quote.

Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder home security only offers cellular monitoring, neglecting wireless/broadband and landline monitoring equipment. This may be limiting to homeowners who prefer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options over cellular.

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. Alder's response time of three seconds also puts the company above the competition. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices.

Alder's home security system and video monitoring have affordable pricing and provides a price-lock guarantee. Alder doesn't offer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options. Instead, the security company only offers cellular monitoring, which is somewhat rare in the home security industry and may limit homeowners' options.

Customers should be aware that they must sign a three-year contract with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services, and customer reviews highlight a difficult and costly cancellation process. Alder's website does not list specific pricing on its website, so you'll need to contact the company for cost information. You can request a quote from the company by clicking any of the links to Alder in this review.

We suggest reading Adler reviews below before making your final purchasing decision.

Call our recommended rep over at Alder below.

2.7

Frances Geer San Antonio, TX

We signed up for Alder Security service by Brandon S. What an exceptional experience it was. I had thought of security for the home for years but because of Brandon's ability to explain and help me to choose a package that was the best for our family, it has become a reality. He was truly an exceptional representative for Alder's services. We are really happy that we at last have a security system for our home.

Frankie Williams

The gentleman was at our house for the longest time to make sure that everything was set up correctly, and he was nice the entire time. He explained everything to us the entire way through. The numbers are much bigger with Alder, and the voices for when the door is opening isn't so loud. I definitely like the flow of Alder more than the other company I've used, and I'm glad I made the switch.

Reply from Alder

Frankie, thanks so much for your thoughts and feedback! Glad you chose Alder!

Robert & Sherita Trotter

We have been customers since May 2020 and we love Alder. Services are very affordable and the provide great service. If your alarm goes off for any reason they are sending you a text and calling you right away.

Janice Williams

Every time my alarm goes off they on top of it. I really likes it cause I’m a 69 year old female that live by myself in a area I don’t want to live in. But with this alarm I feel a little safe.

Linda Clearwater, FL

Only one experience which was a mistake that was created by my cat. However, ASAP Alder called, my friend emergency contact called and the police came to my home. I call that great response.

Alice Dunston Nashville, NC

No problems with system! Love it! The service has been great! Easy to use and I never had any problems with the service or the equipment! But most of all I love my outdoor camera! I can see from my entire driveway!

Rule Memphis, TN

Wonderful. Been with this for 1 year and the service has been nothing but on point. I was referred to Alder by a family member and I haven't had any problems. Thanks Again Alder

Andre Turner Boyle, MS

My experience with Alder has been great! My home security system was easy to setup. Customer service has been excellent. Great security system for a good price. Would definitely recommend!

Albert Pendlebury Blackfoot, ID

They have been very courteous, professional and prompt and got everything taken care of. They were good at explaining the new alarm system to us. They always answer quickly and we've never any problems that they didn't resolve. This company is less expensive than a previous company we had.

Reply from Alder

Albert, glad to hear you chose Alder! We hope you enjoy your system.

Johnette Jerrett Spring, TX

There is no bulky equipment and it's simple to use.The customer service is excellent. The installer was very, very professional and explained everything to me. My experience has been really good, they always call me right away if I put my code in wrong or go out the door without putting it in. It's a little pricey, but I'm willing to pay it.

Reply from Alder

Johnette, thanks for your review. We are happy to hear how you've enjoyed everything so far! Welcome to the Alder family.

Adrienne Lynch

As soon as I had a problem with my security code, I called them and it was handled very quickly. I think their equipment is up to date, and they make it has good quality. The service is great, very professional and courteous.

Reply from Alder

Adrienne, thanks for your review! Happy to hear from you about your feedback so far.

Willie Johnson Spokane, WA

There were a couple of times when the alarm was set off and they were right on the phone with me to make sure everything was ok. The one thing is that they didn't tell me I'd have to pay a little extra instead of bringing my bill down but the service has been good.

Reply from Alder

Hi Willie. Thanks for your review. Please let us know if you ever need anything! We appreciate your feedback.

Wayne Fragola Hawley, PA

From the start , I Already knew what I wanted to order and the salesman was telling me you don't need to order all that . He was explaining all the ways to cover what I wanted to cover with less equipment. That in itself was refreshing. I was sent the receipt via email and the tracking number. After I received the alarm system I also received a phone call from customer service asking me if I had any question at that point. Again freshing. A few days later tech support called and asked how the install went and if I had any questions. I must say I really appreciated those phone calls. As for the install . It could not have been designed any easier. Every step was broke down to simplicity. When I did come up with a question , tech support clear it up after verifying the the accuracy of the answer . I felt reassured I was in good hands. If I was going to complain about anything it would be I was on hold for 10 minutes before I connected with a tech support agent and that in itself was not too bad.

Dazian Smith Nashville, TN

Bamboozled into a 5 year contract when I was told it was only 12 months. Reached out multiple times and explained that I would be homeless and had no use for the system and they suggested that i pay the 2 grand to cancel:) as if I had 2 grand. Lies, lies, lies. Not upfront about costs at all. Mediocre security and helpless support.

Kaylan Naughton Columbia, SC

If I could leave zero stars I would. The absolute worst customer service and very poor quality equipment. Was not given a charging dock for our cameras when tech came to install everything. Was told he was out of charging docks and that he would have a tech come by the next day to drop one off. Nobody ever came to give us a dock. Days later I call to ask about dock and was told to order a charging cord from Amazon! Absolutely ridiculous! Ordered charging cord from Amazon and it doesn’t charge the cameras well and takes FOREVER to charge one camera at a time. Called customer service again and ask for someone to at least mail us a dock and they tell us that they no longer use the same equipment to support our Arlo cameras. Was told again to order a different cord from Amazon. I said I was not ordering anything else from Amazon as we were supposed to be supplied with all equipment upon installation and it’s not our responsibility to fix this it’s theirs. After arguing for serval mins. about how we are paying for this service and we can’t even use it I am told to mail our cameras and base station back to them and they would send us the new equipment they use now. I mailed our equipment back to Alder over a month and a half ago and still no cameras have been sent to me. I’ve called to check what the hold up is and customer service couldn’t even help me at all let alone knew about anything I was saying... extremely frustrating to have to keep dealing with this for so long. If I could cancel the service right now I would! Do not recommend to anyone ever!

Erica

Needs alot of improvement. Could have better customer service representatives. I'd like a call when my alarm is triggered not a text or email or nothing at all sometimes. Better security setups would make us feel safer. Better quality of camera's. Camera's are not good checking from the phone's especially at night time. Takes forever to load the app to even see the cameras. Camera's resolution is off jumps around. Camera's are not clear half the time. Poor quality in service.

Nelson

Great! Work exactly how I needed it to. The alarm is definitely loud, which helps with getting the neighbors attention also. And the police respond pretty quickly.

Sandy Bonacci Omaha, NE

I am disappointed with the limited area view of the cameras. Also, I was not advised there are 2 different charges from 2 different companies. Alder & Kami. The quality is not worth the charge.

Bennie Waggoner Porter, TX

Iffy at best!!! I have had issues with sensors not alerting when the doors were opened. I have had the panel go off when just sitting watching tv and alarm not armed. But the biggest complaint I have is I wasn't told that I need to register my alarm with the sherrifs department. I was fined for the false alarm and fined for not having my alarm registered. Really makes me want to do away with the alarm in all actuality.

Renee Wetumpka, AL

My alarm has went off many times. To this date not 1 type of authority has showed up. Delay in duration time in app and home system update time, Long wait times via phone in re to tech trouble shooting. False sensor readings

Erin Norman, OK

My experience has been good. There have been a couple of strange occurrences of alarms being triggered that didn't have any reason to be but everything seems to be fine

Sharon Dees Laurens, SC

Sometimes it's confusing when I set my alarm or when they're testing the equipment I don't know how to shut it down. They're just friendly and efficient. It's a little pricey for me.

Reply from Alder

Hi Sharon. Glad to hear your thoughts. Thanks for your review!

Jul. 9th, 2018

Bettye Perry Meridian, MS

The young man that came out here was very nice and really respectful and courteous. He explained everything about the system. The system is doing good and they have responded quickly.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Ricky Carrington Magnolia, AR

It's a very high tech system with a reasonable price. They were excellent in how they explained how it works. If I have a problem they are very happy to come out to help me or or explain it over the phone .

Reply from Alder

Ricky, thank you for your review. Glad to have you join the Alder family.

Eunice Finch Newport News, VA

This is a very good, simple, effective system. It has the highest technology in its category and a good monthly price. Customer service is good, they have called and checked back with us and made sure it was operating well.

Reply from Alder

Eunice--we appreciate hearing your feedback. Thanks!

Frederick Ritter Norfolk, VA

Whenever I've had issues they've promptly resolved them for me. I like having the newest technology like the doorbell camera, and also controlling the alarm system through the app on my phone.

Reply from Alder

Frederick--thanks for your review! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Barry Simon Spokane, WA

Met Harrison--sales rep, last night. His knowledge of the product impressed me enough to invite him in. Because he was new to the company...he requested permission to invite his supervisor to the house. His supervisor arrived within minutes. Their professionalism impressed me enough to listen to their information. I purchased the product. As soon as the deal was made, they contacted an installer, who arrived within 15 minutes...and went to work. Within 45 minutes, our system was installed. The technician stayed and insured that, we understood the system completely..to include test runs. Best customer service I have ever received as a new customer.

Reply from Alder

Barry, thanks so much for your feedback! We are happy you had a great experience with your Alder reps. Thanks for choosing Alder!

Jun. 1st, 2018

Katie Brown Baton Rouge, LA

Enjoyed my experience talking with Rob. He was very thoughtful an courteous in explaining the use and options of their product and use of the Adler Alarm system. He was very detailed in explaining cost and installation process an also how long it will take for the technicians to install the Alarm system. The Technicians was knowledgeable an took time to walk me through in using the digital display control panel. They also gave me new key remotes to put on my key chain so I can activate or deactivate without using the display panel. Also gave me a "Life Alert" also to wear as a necklace for convenience. I will definitely recommend Alder to family, neighbors an friends. Thanks again!!!

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your detailed review, Katie. We appreciate all your feedback, and we are so happy you had a great experience with Rob. Thanks for choosing Alder! We look forward to serving you.

Apr. 23rd, 2018

Gregory Francis Indianapolis, IN

I feel that the security system is way to basic. I feel like it's capable of doing more! The app needs to be revamped and redesigned. It's needs to have more capabilities like know the crime in your neighborhood and more user friendly.

Peter hondru Lake Worth, FL

Disappointed with the performance of the unit being able to continually monitor the door sensors from a very reasonable distance. The sensors keep disconnecting from the master station. Even after repeatedly replacing batteries in the sensors. We have been unable to reach a human being for help.

none Tucson, AZ

good i was showing the wife how the system worked and after I got in the shower well she set the alarm off and I couldn't find my phone so the police were call and arrived in a matter of minutes

Dena Howard

Forgot to turn the alarm off as I was entering my home and nothing happened! It could've been someone breaking in.Also I put the wrong code in another time and I kept putting the wrong code in and nobody' called back. Once again it could've been someone breaking in

Decline Seneca, SC

I purchased the Alder product after speaking with a sales person over the phone. I was told information that was misleading and turned out not to be true. I asked to discontinue the service but was told I couldn't do that. I cannot afford the service yet every month the continue to bill me. I have had to cut back on my prescriptions in order to continue to pay this bill. I don't understand why your company treats people this way.

Weston Neely Magee, MS

The cameras that were sent to me don't link to the Adler app, no problem, the interface just needs to be merged between the two. My real problem is that the cameras that are supposed to last 4 months, might last 3 days, even when set to low sensitivity with 6 second recording. The cameras also won't pick anything up unless it's roughly 10 feet in front of them, any distance longer than that and they never pick it up.

Anne Senegal Rayne, LA

I am satisfied with the services of Alder. The agents were very informative and polite and friendly. I feel safe in my home with the home service from alder.

Reply from Alder

Hi Anne, thanks for posting a review! We hope you continue to enjoy using your system.

Jul. 31st, 2018

Harold Allen Tallulah, LA

The equipment is good and the service is affordable. Dependable and they're there when I need them. It's easy to use and they are an excellent company for me.

Reply from Alder

Harold, thanks for your review! Glad to hear about your thoughts on the system and service.

Charlaine Skeel

I felt they took advantage of my situation, I thought I was talking with a representative from my current security co. When I asked if he was working under contract with the company I was with he didn't deny it just saying we're our own company. The technician did not put sensors on doors he listed as being secured & did not activate the remote but told me it was ready to go. I spent an hour on the phone with another technician setting these things up myself. I was charged the activating fee of $9.80 twice when I questioned it I was told they didn't know why that happened but they could not credit it until I sent them a copy of my bank statement proving both payments had cleared my account! I had no issues with the company I had been with for the past 10 years and I regret changing.

Reply from Alder

Thank you for your review, Charlaine. I apologize this has been your experience with Alder so far. Please contact us at with your phone number or Alder account number so we can come to a speedy resolution and make sure you have a smoother experience going forward! Thanks again. -Scott

Jul. 10th, 2018

Joel Gilbert

Customer support is horrible and your ability to successfully ship any replacement parts is abysmal. We are still waiting on a battery back up for our main alarm panel. You shipped it once to the wrong address which you have done before on other items. I point out that you need to ship to our mailing address and I have no idea as to what you do next.

Reply from Alder

Hi Joel. Thanks for your feedback. I apologize for the way things have gone! We want to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen again. Please reach out to us at with your phone number or Alder account number so we can take care of things with you going forward. Thanks! -Scott

Jul. 10th, 2018

Sonia Rose

My system says "low battery" and it took close to a month for them to determine I needed a new battery. The customer service is bad and I think there are other systems for cheaper. But, it serves my purposes.

Renee Hamilton

If there is ever a problem they fix it and get right back to me about the problem. You can call the fire department or police so it makes you feel safer at home.

Reply from Alder

Renee, thanks for your review!

Mike Young

The only problem we had was someone called the police department way too fast instead of asking us if we needed assistance. It's easy to install and take with you if you move.

Reply from Alder

Hi Mike. Thanks for your review. Let us know if you need any help going forward.

Oge Jeanjacques

Alder was advertised in the community and they offered me a long protection so I chose them. They are a good alarm company. The price is a little high, but it's worth it.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review! Welcome to the Alder family.

Paulette Wells

The customer support I received was good, she was able to help me and give me money that was promised once I cancelled my other service. But, the salesmen need to be more honest to the customers so that they know what they are getting. The salesman I had was rude and lied to me.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Paulette. We appreciate hearing from you. Sorry to hear about your experience with your Alder rep. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you by contacting us at . We hope you enjoy using your new system.

Nan Maddox

They showed up at my door saying that they had taken over the company I was with. They're quick to respond if the alarm goes off. But it takes forever for tech support, I had a problem with the equipment and they never fixed it until they finally called me back. The alarm goes off unnecessarily because the sensor attachment falls off the door. It costs too much for what they are.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review. We appreciate hearing from you. Sorry to hear this has been your experience so far! Let us know how we can better help by contacting us at with your phone number or account number. We want to make sure your system works smoothly going forward. Thanks again.

Dorothy Duncan Anniston, AL

I like the system because if my alarm goes off they will call me immediately. If anything happens to the equipment they won't waste any time, they'll come and fix it.

anonymous Virginia Beach, VA

They paid to get me out of my contract with my old alarm company and they got it installed in an hour and twenty minutes and it works way better than my other one ever did.

Kevin Burkes Beaumont, TX

They're really good with their customers and make sure they're being taken care of. Haven't had any problems with the system, it's working really good.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Kevin. We always appreciate your feedback. We hope you enjoy using your system.

Betty Brown Baton Rouge, LA

Alder has proven themselves to be professional and providing a really good service. I like how when you open the door it'll let you know when someone comes in or out.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review, Betty. Welcome to the Alder family!

Jerry Washington Jackson, GA

I have had alder for about 4 to 5 years have not had one problem with my system when a alarm goes off they call within seconds have had other security companies in the past and none of them even come close in response time i have a sensor on my shop door and sometimes when I come home I go to shop and forget about alarm on shop door and alarm goes off alder calls within seconds I couldn’t be more satisfied they r great

Reply from Alder

Jerry, thanks for letting us know your thoughts. We're so glad you've enjoyed your alarm service for all the past few years. Let us know if you ever need anything!

Apr. 4th, 2018

Dan Haberer Eden, NC

The cost is reasonable. The salesman did not make good on promises to provide services my previous provider was giving us. They insist on a crazy 5 year contract. If you move they expect you to start the 5 years over again. So you can continue paying for a house that you no longer live in, pay off the remaining term of the contract or reup for 5 years. Still waiting for them to come out to my new home. 2 weeks without a word. Worst decision I've made in the past few years was to agree to go with Alder Home Security. If there was an option to give zero stars, i would have.