Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option with no service windows by shipping the alarm systems directly to the customer's home. The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder home security starts at $34.99 and requires a 3-year contract. Alder customers note a difficult and costly cancellation process. Read Alder home security reviews below to see all noted pros and cons of the company.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Alder Home Security Cost
  • Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required

Alder Home Security Cost

Alder home security systems start at $34.99/month for monthly monitoring with no upfront fees and a 3-year contract. Alder's home security cost will total close to $1,500 over the course of the 36-month contract. Alder has a price lock guarantee, so you can have peace of mind that your plan will not increase in price over time. Alder's home security costs are on the lower end of security pricing.

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location. Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants feature an alert button that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owner is in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick!

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensor
  • Smart door locks
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products. Unfortunately, Alder only offers cellular monitoring for its home security systems.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bad

• Alder Home Security Reviews
  • Home Automation Limitations
  • Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder Home Security Reviews

Although not overwhelmingly negative, Alder home security reviews include a large number of low-star ratings, making its overall star-rating subpar. The majority of dissatisfied consumer reviews highlight an extremely difficult cancellation process, cancellation fees, and deceiving contract lengths.

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the options for garage door access or small appliance control devices. Existing home automation features include smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts. However, this likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website. Interested individuals are encouraged to reach out to the company for more information.

Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder home security only offers cellular monitoring, neglecting wireless/broadband and landline monitoring. This may be limiting to homeowners who prefer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options over cellular.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices. Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price lock guarantee. Alder doesn't offer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options. Instead, the security company only offers cellular monitoring, which is somewhat rare in the home security industry and may limit homeowners' options. Customers should be aware that they must sign a long-term contract (3-year contract) with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services, and customer reviews highlight a difficult and costly cancellation process.

We suggest reading Alder home security reviews below and comparing the security provider to other top-rated home security companies in the industry before making your final decision.

2.9

Angry customer
September 9th, 2019 Richmond, TX DETAILS

If I could give negative stars on this company I totally would. Sales rep came to our house and my husband clearly stated he didn’t want contracts. The sales rep said he understood and now we are in a 5 YEAR contract! We also were told that we would get the first month free and didn’t receive that. We have been billed every month! Now we are moving and trying to get out of this contract because we will not be in the same home. We called the sales rep and he said it was totally possible but the corporate company says it’s not. We constantly keep getting the run around and no one is solving anything. I feel like we have to eventually get ahold of the news station to bring light to these scammers or an attorney to resolve this issue ourselves. I would not recommend this company to anyone. They are not trustworthy and when you keep calling customer service they act like they don’t want to talk to you or resolve your issue. This company needs to be shut down!

Sep 09, 2019

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your reaching out to us, and we'd like to make sure we help you. Please let us know either your Alder account number or phone number at [email protected] so that we can take steps towards a resolution. Thanks again!

Scott
September 9th, 2019 Lebanon, TN DETAILS

The experience with Alder has been at the very least, extremely time consuming and nightmare-ish. I highly recommend finding another company to secure your property. We have attempted to cancel service on a property that we no longer own, have called in several times to address the issue only to be put on hold for over 90 mins (on more than one occasion) and then told that a supervisor will call us back. We are still in the process of trying to get that handled. A tenant who was renting from us had them put a system in the home ( normally legitimate companies won't service renters because they are transient and many not stay long enough for the company to make a profit ) When the renter left, Alder sold my mother on taking service over and entering into a agreement when all she wanted was service for one month while prepping the home for sale. The home sold at the start of August and well into September it is still being used by the new owners. Very difficult to work with and based on my experience will take advantage of the elderly. I hope this helps.

Sep 09, 2019

Thanks for your review. We've sent an email to you to come to a resolution. We appreciate your patience.

Fenessa
September 5th, 2019 Hattiesburg, MS DETAILS

This is the WORST security company, ,I have had this service for approx. 3yrs in that time I called them on several occasions left several messages about the service not working or having a defect,, Yes they called back but to NO avail cause they wanted to charge $40 for someone to come out to check their equipment. They try to Beat your brains out with all these service ' unseen charges' But this is NOT an HONEST Company!!reporting to BBB

Sep 05, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry you feel this way about how things have gone. Have our tech support agents been able to troubleshoot your system yet? If not, you can call 844-442-5337 or email [email protected]

Rickey l Camp
August 27th, 2019 Panama City, FL DETAILS

i would not use this company they are good on their word and trick you and do not tell you that you are renewing your account for a new term.

Aug 27, 2019

Thanks for your review, Rickey. Sorry you feel this way. We always ensure account renewals are made with our customers' permission and understanding. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any other concerns or questions.

penelope
August 23rd, 2019 Vashon, WA DETAILS

Alder is the worst business I have ever dealt with. I believe their business model is actually a scam to keep you tied to their contract. They have an automatic renewal for 60 months unless cancelled by the client of the end of your contract. THEIR TRICK is that you must provide written notice to them 15 days before the expiration of the contract. But they will not acknowledge receipt of your cancellation. I was also told by one of their telephone staff in the LOYALTY DEPARTMENT that any cancellation in order to be valid must be on their cancellation form that they will mail out to you. THE TRICK, they never mail their cancellation form. Call again, the agent says it is taking awhile to get it mailed to you, but it's in the mail. However, it never arrives. Last week, I have called and been placed on hold for over an hour, i have emailed, and mailed a letter. NO RESPONSE. I have given notice that if do not receive this so call cancellation form by Septem,ber 1, 2019, I will tell my bank that Alder is no longer authorized to charge my credit card, I will contact the . Better Business Bureau, and I will contact my attorney. I refuse to be bambozzled into another 5 years with this company whose product is as shoddy as they are. In reading the other reviews, I know that this is Alder's customary business practices. I personally am going to pray for the company owners and all those that work there for the Bible admonishes us to pray for those who mistreat you.

Aug 23, 2019

Thanks for your review, Penelope. Sorry you feel this way! I'm working on resolving this for you with our resolutions team. Please feel free to contact them at [email protected] if you have any more concerns or questions. --Scott

Trent MathisDurham
August 23rd, 2019 Cordova, TN DETAILS

I just recently signed up and got my equipment and connected it today. It was simple and I had no issues. I am aware of the contact terms which were discussed during the final step of my phone order. Hopefully my experience will be better than some of the ones I am ready, but as of now I am definitely a satisfied customer.

Aug 23, 2019

Hi Trent. Thanks for your review. We're happy to know that you're happy with your new system. Let us know if you ever need anything. --Scott

B Juergens
August 23rd, 2019 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS

In The 2 months we started with Alder I have spent many hours on tech support calls. We had Brinks and no problem, but Alder could do more and charge less , the sales guy said . It was a 60 month contract not 36 months . It is cheaper but I have spent so much time it was not worth the savings . The techs have all been very patient and helpful trying to solve issues with false alarms and inaccurate information on panel and Changing sensors . I am very frustrated with spending so much time and I am Not sure the system will work with all the sensors working while in away mode . I’m very sorry now that I switched!

Aug 23, 2019

Thanks for leaving an honest review. I apologize you've had this type of experience. We aim to improve it as soon as we can. Please feel free to email [email protected] if you have any more concerns we need to address.

Shawna Shepard
August 22nd, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Jeremy, an unscrupulous and unethical Alder rep, came to my home in July stating, "Oh I see that you have a Vivint sign in your yard. We are in the area updating Vivint equipment, and we wanted to see if you wanted your equipment updated which includes 2 free cameras." I told asked him about his "Alder" shirt and hat, and he claimed that they were a sister company of Vivint. He stated that they are all under the same umbrella. He stated that if I upgraded my equipment, he would cancel my current contract with Vivint and start a new contract. He said that he does this all of the time, and it is standard procedure for upgrades. He said that he would ensure that it was canceled to ensure that there would be no "double billing". I also have Jeremy recorded on camera stating all of this mess. I checked my bank account on July 25th, and sure enough, I am billed by Alder and Vivint. Repeated attempts to call customer service have been futile, as all I get is the run around. All this company does is lie. I was told on one call that it can take up to two weeks to cancel out the pre-existing contract. I called again 2 weeks later be told it would be 30 days. I called a week later, and was told that they had everything ready, but I needed to contact Vivint because Vivint had failed to respond to their requests for a buyout. UHHHMMMM I thought you all were the "same" company. Lies lies lies. I even emailed these clowns the video of Jeremy, but these idiots still haven't done anything. I finally called Vivint, and they advised that legally, Alder cannot hold consumers liable for ANY contract that was entered into fraudulently. I called the city clerk out of Utah, and I found out that they were not even licensed to sell alarms in Texas. That is a law that they have broken, once again fraud. I have called and demanded to cancel to no avail, so I am sending the video, and all of this information to my attorney, the BBB, and the US Attorney's office. These people won't understand anything other than legal action, and trust and believe I don't mind. If any of these idiots knock on your door, please promptly dismiss them.

Aug 23, 2019

Hi Shawna! Thanks for your review. I appreciate your thoroughness and honesty. I'm sorry that this is how things have gone so far. I've reached out to your sales rep about this, and we're working on resolving your concerns. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any other concerns or questions. --Scott

Jason
August 20th, 2019 Wooster, OH

I’m having the same problem as everyone else with this so called security alarm company . I missed my cancellation date my 2-3 days and now they will not disconnect This crappy security alarm system that’s in my home. They want me to pay around 5 Thousand dollars to get out of my contract that I had no clue was for five years I was never told that from the representative that came to my house. I’ve been on the phone with them multiple times and still nothing has been resolved. I’ve told them to disconnect it and yet it still connected . So there for all that’s happening is my bill is going to continue to go up. They keep saying oh give the alarm system to someone else why would I do that this is a bad company and all they’re doing is trying to scam someone else. If you are looking to get this alarm system for your home do not do it run away. 🤬

Aug 20, 2019

Hi Jason. Thanks for your review. Sorry for this happening. We're happy to be flexible with your situation, but feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you have any other questions or concerns. I'd be happy to look into your account and double-check the signed agreement and welcome survey we conducted with you. --Scott

Robert Beaman
August 19th, 2019 Huntsville, AL DETAILS

I had a contract with them for 5 years which was over on June 15, 2019. I contacted them by phone on June 10 requesting to cancel the service. I was told I had to send my request in writing which I did to an address I was given. My letter was returned undeliverable so I received another address and sent the 2nd letter by certified mail. This letter was returned by the Arkansas State Police with notes about being unable to locate! Several days ago I received a letter saying I was $103 past due. I called the number on the letter and was on hold for 1 hour and 15 minutes and never got a person to answer. I then sent an email that very day, August 12 stating all of the above and requesting this to be resolved or I would contact my lawyer and file a report with the Better Business Bureau. The email was sent to the email address on the message while on hold. It is 4 days later and there has not been a response! I am not surprised! I would strongly advise anyone looking for a security company to look elsewhere!

Aug 19, 2019

Thanks for your review, Robert. Sorry for this delay! We've cancelled your account. Please contact a resolutions agent at 844-442-5337 Ext 752 if you have any other questions or concerns we need to address.

Janet
August 19th, 2019 Alabaster, AL DETAILS

I tried to cancel my contract at the end of the term. Requested 4 times during the same conversation that I wanted it cancelled. They kept offering better deals which I kept turning down and told her again to cancel. I called back the next day to verify account was canceled. Stayed on hold for over one hour and still no response. Finally hung up and am sending a letter. NEVER again will I do business with this company.

Aug 19, 2019

Hi Janet. Thanks for your review. Feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] with your Alder account number so I can make sure we get this resolved for you. Or, you can call 844-442-5337 Ext 752 and speak to a resolutions agent.

T. Hadley
August 14th, 2019 DETAILS

I was told by the representative Jordan G, I could cancel at anytime. After several months, I called Mr. G on June 28th, 2019 wanted to cancel the contract. He said that it wouldn't be a problem. I asked will someone be out to get the equipment, he said it would be cut-off and the equipment will stay in the home. He lied. I was billed in July 2019. I reached out to him again, he said it wouldn't be a problem... Finally, I was able to call Customer Service today, rude individual. She said I couldn't cancel, that the representative told me the wrong information. I asked for someone in Management, she said no. I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General's Office. I've spoken to an Assistants U.S. Attorney as well.

Aug 14, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review, and for being candid about your experience. I'm sorry this was how things went. Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number so we can reach a resolution. --Scott

Welsey F.
August 13th, 2019 Columbus, OH DETAILS

I have been over 3 hours trying to get support to help me install my new system as the glass break system is not connecting and therefor i am unable to get the protection as promised and they claim to have 24/7 support but no one is answering but the call center and they transfer me back to the alder system. WILL be canceling first thing in the morning.

Aug 13, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review. I'm sorry you've had this experience. Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] or, call 844-442-5337 Ext 752 to reach a resolutions agent directly. --Scott

Keyshia
August 13th, 2019 Columbia, SC DETAILS

I got everything hooked but when it was time to hook up the panel it did not connect to service and my house is not protected because it have no service what kind of alarm system is this

Aug 13, 2019

Thanks for your review. We're not happy that you've had this experience. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected], or call our tech support team directly at 844-442-5337 Ext 731. --Scott

Dave Farris
August 11th, 2019 Lakin, KS DETAILS

Slow response time, plus very poor customer service (on hold for 10 to 20 minutes) difficult to cancel when contract ends . Just a bad experience that left me feeling cheated.

Aug 12, 2019

Thanks for your review, Dave. I apologize that you had this experience at the end of your time with Alder. We've cancelled your account since you've reached the end of your agreement. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks again. --Scott

CAROL BLESS BY SON KENT BLESS
August 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Alder lied and told me they had a paper executed extension to my contract that expired 7.1.19 and lied to my son and daughter as well. Then when I sent in the copy of the executed contract from 5 years before clearly showing the expiration date, also the final contract payment, via certified return receipt, they ignored it, began sending more bills and refuse to communicate with me via letter as their phone call people were lying to me. Now they keep calling me and refuse to cease and disist it looks like I'll have to have my attorney get involved and also turn it over to the FTC. These people have no moral compass and take advantage of us retired people and prey on our purses. NASTY evil practices, I would never get involved with them again. :(

Aug 12, 2019

Thank you for your review. Sorry you feel this way! I reviewed your account, and confirmed that you (Carol) did verbally renew the agreement for 36 months. Please reach out to me at [email protected] if there's anything more I can help with or answer. --Scott

Janet Estes
August 8th, 2019 Long Beach, CA DETAILS

I received a form letter from Alder informing me my service was being terminated in April 2019. I paid my balance and expected my service was cancelled. I spoke with customer service after receiving another form letter in May. In July, I received the same form letter now with a balance of $229.95. I spoke with multiple customer service persons, who stated a form called Cancellation Paperwork must be submitted by me before the account could be closed. One, of the customer service acct. managers, told me I could not receive the paperwork until the balance was paid. No managers were available when requested and wait times on the phone are ridiculous? My last call was 35 minutes long with 5 minutes of conversation and 30 minutes on hold.

Aug 08, 2019

Hi Janet. Thanks for taking time to write us a review. Sorry for this upsetting experience. I reviewed your account and I see that our account resolutions team is sending you a notice of cancellation and working towards a resolution. Feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you have any more concerns or questions. Thanks again. --Scott

Justin Z
August 1st, 2019 Willis, TX DETAILS

Very happy with the service. I’m reading half these people comments saying it’s a 5yr contact. The seller told me it was and it’s on the fine print. Always read the small print! Seller even Asked me if I wanted to read the small print but I did my part. Pretty happy with them no issues.

Aug 01, 2019

Thanks for your review, Justin! We appreciate your feedback and are glad you're happy with your Alder system. Let us know if you need anything. --Scott

Jenny
August 1st, 2019 Las Vegas, NV

If I could give them 0 stars I would. My father suffered a stroke in November of 2018. He had to move in with me since he was unable to live alone much less operate the security system. After many attempts to get this disconnected, as of today, 2/27/19, it is still not disconnected even though the equipment was removed in early January. He is still being charged a monthly fee. I have repeatedly sent in my power of attorney along with a letter from his doctor stating that he is not capable of operating this equipment. They seem to have a fatal flaw in their operating procedures. He set off his alarm several times, the police came out, called Alder and they can't even give the police officers the code to turn it off. What happens with aging clients and memory issues? Shouldn't there be some sort of way that this can be handled? Don't use this company. They will go to the ends of the earth to keep charging someone for a security system.

KATREAL
July 31st, 2019 Tunica, MS DETAILS

My service is great but my account get charged every 14 days for 25.00 .Is this normal ?

Jul 31, 2019

Thanks for your review. That's a good question. I recommend that you contact a billing agent at 844-442-5337 Ext 750 to make sure your payments are set up correctly. --Scott

Anita Gibson
July 25th, 2019 Horn Lake, MS DETAILS

They sucks.....! Now I have talk to somebody else today,she told me I have to mail them they stuff back to get my refund back smh. After talking to four different people ever last one of them said something totally different. Please don’t get service with them. All they do is lie and take people money

Jul 31, 2019

Thanks for your review, Anita. Sorry you've gone through this experience! If we haven't been able to resolve your concerns yet, please feel free to reach a resolutions agent directly at 844-442-5337 Ext 752. I appreciate hearing from you, and I hope we straighten things out smoothly for you. --Scott

Disappointed
July 22nd, 2019 Hot Springs, AR DETAILS

RUN! Full of crap , a bunch of nice , fast talkers and and say yes and go to the next page of the tablet to agree people , they rush you so much that you don’t even realize you are signing a 5 YEAR CONTRACT for a half working service, I’m so disappointed and upset with alder , I would have never knowingly signed a 5 year contract to anything , and the alarm barley works , I’ve set it and come back and it set in a different mode that I didn’t set it in, I’ve opened the door and it didn’t even alarm or make a sound , don’t get your self stuck in a sucky contract with these guys , I wish I would have read the reviews before they came knocking on my door for 9 days straight and pressuring me into getting their service smh,

Jul 30, 2019

Thanks for your review. I apologize for what's happened, but I appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to contact us further to reach a resolution. I can be reached at [email protected] let me know the Alder account number or phone number and I can look further into this for you. Thanks again. --Scott

Garry
July 16th, 2019 Grand Prairie, TX DETAILS

Called 10 days out from end of contract to cancel. was told by customer service rep that it would cancel on 7/11/2019 will no more ACH payments taken out. New payment taken out on 7/11/2019 for $53.98. Just called Customer service and was told our service had not been canceled. They also will not refund payment. They also refused to let me talk to a supervisor. They are e-mailing me a form they say I haven't filled out to cancel account. If they had told me about this form 10 days ago i would had it done. Sorry service!!!!!

Jul 30, 2019

Garry, thanks for your review. I appreciate your honest feedback. If this concern still has not been resolved, please reach out to us at 844-442-5337 Ext 752 or [email protected] We do need a signed notice of cancellation before we close the account. An agent at Ext 752 can make sure things get squared away for you. -Scott

alicia morales
July 3rd, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

The sales rep are very friendly I was aware of the 60months contract, unfortunately I was under a contract with Brinks and Alder could not pay off the whole contract decided to cancel with the 3 days with Alder no issue just the long hold times to talk to someone other then that they are true and honest with their fees so its mind blowing how so many people just don't read the contracts. You get one in person and by email.

Jul 03, 2019

Thanks for your review, Alicia. We appreciate your feedback. Sorry you had experienced long hold times, but because of your review, we will strive to improve on that going forward. Let us know if you need anything. --Scott

Yillenni Martinez
July 2nd, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS

Do not use this company. They have deceiving contract lengths. We came to this company after a door to door sales came and told us we could cancel whenever we wanted, and the reason why we ask this was because we rent our home. We were told yes we could cancel whenever we wanted because it was not the type of contract were you pay fee for cancellation. Well, after paying the city $50 because we were not informed we needed a permit by ALDER we decided to cancel but according to the manager we ARE in contract and we have to pay if we want out. It doesn't matter that we were told otherwise by THEIR sales rep. He says they are not liers but if they send their on foot scammers to homes where people are over 90, people cant comprehen their policies, people who have disabilities. They hunt for vulnerable people and as a person with a disability I'm not going to take no, I'm going to report this company to the BB and make sure all my neighbor association know to shut their doors to ALDER. We might live in a low income community but some people here aren't going to tolerate for deceiving company like ALDER to scam our neighbors.

Jul 02, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry for this experience! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or account info so we can review your account and come to a resolution.

Rheanne Sanchez
June 19th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS

This company is a scam. I had service for less than 2weeks and cancelled it,cause it never worked properly. I was assured I would not be charged. Well they did process a payment. I gave been on hold 2 times for over 1 hour just to be hung up on when the agent is supposedly transferring me to a manager to handle this situation.

Jun 19, 2019

Thanks for your review. Looks like we've canceled and refunded your account. I apologize for your experience. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to improve moving forward.

Tmesia Cooper
June 19th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

I older Alder for my grandma who's in her eighties my grandfather just passed and we wanted her to be and feel safe now that she is home alone.We receive the equipment and tried to set it up but could not get a signal i called the rep John who sold us the service he also said if we have any questions or problems please give him a call. Well we called and called send text messages no response called into customer service who Transferred us several times and finally we got to the right department was on the phone for over a hour but still could not get a signal at the point we asked if we could just send the equipment back Because we had a 30 day trial, Was told yes but need a return label and send a letter of cancellation witch we did. We never did receive the return label I have to call numerous of times finally they said they were having problems with the label and that they will email it to me,well after 3 calls I finally got the return label sit to my email. Return the equipment waited a week call back to verify if it was receive Was advised yes,but in the meantime my grandma was charged 49.99 for an account that should have been canceled so not only did you charge her 148.99 to get started now you change her the 49.99 for the next month now this started back in MARCH it's now JUNE and i have called and called and called to see when her refund will be sent back to her and was told 10days two weeks ago called today and was told it will be a month now because they are backed up This is ridiculous to me you are taking advantage of customer's and Expresly the elders someone at that age lives on a fixed income and $198.99 is a lot! I will report this to the better business bureau. DO NOT USE ALDER FOR YOUR SECURITY SYSTEM I REPEAT DON'T DO IT!!!!

Jun 20, 2019

Thanks for your review. I appreciate your honesty and feedback. We hope to rectify these problems for you and for the future. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any more detailed concerns we need to know about.

Brenda
June 19th, 2019 Battleboro, NC DETAILS

I received equipment during a home renovation in Oct with the understanding that when I was ready to get equipment installed all I had to do was contact Alder to get technician out for installation. After several attempts I finally set up a time. On day technician was to come I called to get a time for installation and was told that the technician was out sick. spoke with person on phone and explained that It had been several months it is now March. supervisor advised rep to cancell everything. In April 2, 2019 they refunded the payments I had made. An April 16th redrew 59.99 from my account. I contacted them on the 17th and they refunded it. On May 16th they withdrew 59.99 I contacted them and spoke with P. K on May 22nd. He informed me that the account was closed and that the refund would be credit back to my account. I asked for this information in writing and he sent me an email. As of today June 17th I am on the phone waiting to here what lie they will tell me next. Just spoke with representative. I was informed that they issued a manual check on June 3rd and that I should receive it in a few days. Ironic how it changed from going back to the original payment method. I will update if I receive the refund. It is with great disappointment that your company is such a dissatisfaction and dishonest business.

Jun 19, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review, Brenda. I've confirmed that we sent you the refund you needed. Please call 844-442-5337 Ext 752 for any issues there. We would very much appreciate your revised review once everything gets sorted out. Thanks again. -Scott

Joanne
June 18th, 2019 Yuma, AZ DETAILS

Buyer Beware! I just called to cancel my service because I sold my home and was told I was under a 60 month contract. Cancelation policy is @ 90% of remaining contract (I have had it for 1 year). My monthly charge is $49.99. So I would have to pay $2,399.52 to cancel their service! I was totally unaware of the 5 year plan I was signing up for. I had my home on the market at the time, so I would not have signed it if I knew. And my husband of 45 years had just died, so I was dealing with all of his estate matters. Now I read that I will have a 30 day window to cancel when the 5 years is up. Better set some good reminders on the calendar! I have done research on competitive products. $300 will set you up with all the equipment and they charge $10/month for 24/7 professional monitoring. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY AN ALDER SYSTEM!!!

Jun 18, 2019

Thanks for your review, Joanne. Sorry you've had this experience. Please feel free to email us at [email protected] so we can get into a better conversation about how things went when our sales rep first signed you up for services (as you mentioned you weren't aware of a five-year agreement). Thanks again. -Scott

Tanya
June 18th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

This company is a rip off they have been taking funds out of my account every week and I did not sign up for no weekly payments when I contacted them I was told I have to call back tomorrow to cancel my service and the rep on the phone was very rude and had a nasty attitude I would never ever refer them to someone then a supervisor approved me for 3 free months for the nasty and unprofessional service I got from a rep that came in my home when I called to ask about the free months they had no knowledge of it which the supervisor was in my home wrote it down on the alder pamphlet and even signed his name on it be careful when u pick home security because this is not a good company at all I rate them as 0 stars

Jun 18, 2019

Thanks for your review, Tanya. Sorry for this experience! Please feel free to either email us at [email protected] or call a resolutions agent directly at 844-442-5337 Ext 752 so we can resolve these concerns as best as we can and improve your experience with Alder. -Scott

Catherine
June 13th, 2019 Palmetto, FL DETAILS

NO ZERO OPTION. This has been a nightmare! Hopefully you will do your research before signing with this company and look elsewhere. When calling to cancel the service because we have not had them monitor our home for months and found the service provided when hitting the panic button to be useless during our emergency, my husband and I were made aware that our contract with this company locked us in for 60 months (five years)! The only options that we were given by the sales rep and corporate were 1) pass on our equipment and remaining contract to someone else (which I could not in good conscience do to someone else) or 2) pay 90% of our remaining contract ($2000+). If you had a similar experience, call the Federal Trade Commission and file a report instead of just writing a review. They'll fill it out for you.

Jun 14, 2019

Thanks for your review, Catherine. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your account number or phone number so that I can access your account and work with you towards a resolution for your concerns. -Scott

David Creson
June 10th, 2019 Milton-Freewater, OR DETAILS

Was offered a home security system by a rep of Alder about a year ago. While the equipment, instalation sevice, and operation has been fine, the reprecentive was dishonest. No paper copy of contact was provided. We were asked to sign a tablet after represintive told uswhat was there, many key points were untrue. Turns out this is a 60 month contract not 24 as he said ( wife as witness) Charges applyed are way higher than web sight quote. Cancellation clauses were never covered,etc. Because Alder did NOT provide two copies of written contract as stated which is a breach of contract, and because rep. Lied to us, I will be turning this over to my lawyer soon. Regards David Creson

Jun 11, 2019

Thanks for your review. I apologize for how you feel. I'd be happy to help resolve your concerns. Please feel free to email us at [email protected] If you could share a bit more detail regarding what your sales rep said during the set-up, that would be great!

Tom Bachman
June 5th, 2019 Lakin, KS DETAILS

I guess we were sucked in just like several others here. I thought we were in for 3 years and when we had issues and wanted to cancel they tells us we had a 60 month contract . Luckily, we were only a few months away. Of course they don't want you to cancel so they promise anything. Our issue was the equipment failing and they promised to "fix it" Well all they were going to do was send me stuff for me to fix it myself.......and, by the way, they never did. Today, now that the contract is over I call to cancel my service and get nothing but the run around. "Billing" can't stop the collection of funds....WTF is billing anyway? Sent me to the "cancelation dept." I'm put on hold for 15 minutes, then when the guy comes on, he puts me on hold to "check your information" and when he comes back on promises me all sorts of things like "fixing your system" "reduced monthly costs"....NO, I just want my service canceled. So I'm put on hold AGAIN and after 10 more minutes I figure he's hung up on me. So I disconnect at my end and call back and talk to billing again. While I'm talking to the loser in "Billing" my phone rings, I don't recognize the number, so I don't answer. Meanwhile I'm put on hold again...so I notice I have voice mail and it is the guy in "Cancelation" who put me on hold, "I guess we got disconnected, call me back at this number and extension." So I hang up and call the 'direct number and ext.' I get voice mail. So I sit and wait for a return call....nothing for 15 minutes, so I call back and basically go through the same routine, but this time I'm on hold for 20 minutes and finally a recording comes on saying they are experiencing longer than normal wait times, to press 1 and I won't lose my place in line and they will call back.......that's been a freaking hour now. I DO NOT recommend Alder security for anything. I guess I will call me bank and tell them to reject any attempt to take funds out of my account.

Jun 06, 2019

Thanks for this review, Tom. I appreciate all the detail and frankness. Sorry you've dealt with this customer service. We will go ahead and cancel your account since your agreement has been paid off. We do need to send you an official cancellation form first. I've requested it to be sent to you. Please let us know if you don't get it within 3 to 5 business days. -Scott

KG8
June 5th, 2019 Coldwater, MS DETAILS

After two hours on the phone trying to cancel my service. I was informed I couldn’t cancel today, they didn’t know the amount I owed or how much longer I had on my contract, that information would be mailed to me and then I could call back to cancel. Really?!

Jun 06, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry you've had this experience. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number and I can look into this info for you. -Scott

Charles Martin
June 5th, 2019 Madison, AL DETAILS

Just found out they took over company I had purchased agreement with. lightning took out system and no one called to see if we were okay. I had to call them but being on a Sunday no one monitors their equipment on Sundays so by the way all you thieves out there knock out their system on a Sunday wait about one hour for the battery to go dead and the house is yours. Cancel as fast as you can from this place and get rid of their sign out front.

Jun 06, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry for this happening! Please feel free to email us at [email protected] if you have any further concerns we need to know about. We're happy to make sure your system is working properly.

Jamie Floyd
May 31st, 2019 Walterboro, SC DETAILS

Buyer beware. Salesman comes and does smooth talking and makes promises that never happen. Salesman discloses 36 month contract but its actually 60 month once I contacted them and I explained I was in Military and was moving per my orders. Alder customer service are rude and unprofessional. Installer drilled holes in my sheetrock without permission . If you have technical problems they send equipment for you to fix yourself and do not send a truck. Should have stayed with ATT. Alder just wants your money and doesn't care about things that are out of your control and acts of God. All they want is your money. I paid them faithfully for 25 months. If possible I wouldn't even give them a star. Alder is a SCAM , buyer beware.

May 31, 2019

Thanks for your review. Please contact us at [email protected] if you feel you need to voice any further concerns. We'd like to help out and see a resolution.

V
May 31st, 2019 Cartersville, GA DETAILS

Terrible company. I’ve been trying to cancel since March since it automatically renewed and they will NOT provide me with a copy of my contract. At least 5 times someone has told me they would mail me a copy and I still have not received it.

May 31, 2019

Thanks for your review. Please contact us at [email protected] if you don't get the copy of the agreement soon, or you can call us at 844-442-5337 Ext 752 for a direct avenue to a resolutions manager.

Sharon
May 31st, 2019 Anchorage, AK DETAILS

It’s too bad you can’t give a negative star rating. This company is the worst company I have dealt with. I contacted them in March, 2019, that I had sold my house and the new owners did not want the system because of bad reviews and a high monthly cost. I never heard from anyone for three weeks at which time they informed me that I had signed a 5-year contract. At no time was it ever mentioned that it was a five-year contract or a 3-year contract. When I signed the paper after the installation, I never saw anything typed in the contract length section. This company says”we care”. They don’t care about any customer. They are telling me to find a family member or friend to take over the contract. However, anyone I have approached about taking over has read the reviews and wouldn’t take over the contract if it was free. Their people keep calling me telling me they will turn it over to collections. They would never answer their phone or return a text, but they can sure call my number. This company says I need to pay 90% of the next 2-1/2 years plus pay to remove the equipment. Also, in the 2-1/2 years I have had this system has there ever been an upgrade. Now we all know how rapidly technology changes, you would think they would up date the system. I am paying $49.99/mo for only window and door security. Alder is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. Their customer service/billing are totally not into “we care”. Don’t use this company for your Security coverage. They deserve a minus star.

May 15, 2019

Thanks for your review. I want to help make sure we figure out a resolution for you. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number. Thanks for your time.

Hope F.
May 29th, 2019 Columbia, SC

2 technicians showed up at our door at 9:30 at night and rang our bell, knocked on our windows and woke up our entire family. They said they were here to install security which we did not order. Had out of state plates, no business cards. Had to call the police. Terrible company.

May 29, 2019

Thanks for your review. Please feel free to email us at [email protected] so that we can come to better understand all your concerns and work to resolve them.

Jesus Valdivia
May 29th, 2019 Anna, TX DETAILS

Getting to speak to someone about cancelling your contract is the most extreme difficult thing you can do in your whole life. You'll grow old waiting to speak to someone. People selling you the contract are deceiving because they get you into a 5 year contract with the option to cancel anytime, but SURPRISE! You can cancel except you have to pay the rest of your contract. If you do connect with an "account manager" who then will transfer you to the "loyalty department" good luck getting anything out of that. Wait, you could get another 3 or 5 year contract! They never update your system in those 5 years even though technology changes every second. There really isn't anything good I can say about these service provider.

May 29, 2019

Thanks for your review. I apologize you feel this way. Feel free to email us at [email protected] if you have any other concerns or questions that we can resolve with you. We're happy to make sure your system works well and keep you informed of any rate reductions or extra equipment available.

Michell Mitchell
May 29th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

This company totally sucks. They duped me into signing a 60 month contract. Lied about how long I had to cancel. And also lied about not running my credit. I was told by the representatives that came to my house that I would have no problem canceling services if I no longer felt I wanted them. They told me to call them on their personal phone but to call the call center so that's what I did. Now they are telling me at the call center that it was never documented that I wanted to cancel. Totally a lie. I have been bamboozled into keeping this alarm service. So please people before you sign up with this company do your research. Better yet just dont sign up. Ypu will regret it. If I could give zero stars I would.

May 29, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback, and we'd like to resolve your concerns with you. Please feel free to email [email protected] with your Alder account number of phone number. -Scott

walter Thompson
May 23rd, 2019 Canton, OH DETAILS

Found them to be friendly and polite did what they said they would

May 24, 2019

Thanks for your review! Glad to be of service to you and your home!

Andrea Perez
May 22nd, 2019 San Bernardino, CA DETAILS

Terrible service, I tried canceling the service and they told me that my contract was renewed and I have never signed anything. They told me that the agreement was done over the phone and the only times I have contacted them was to transfer the service when I purchased my new home and to cancel it. Would not recommend it at all. Also, all they comment here is to contact them over email or phone, for what so that they could deny cancelling it or have you pay a 90% fee. Look for another security system. They deserve a negative stars rating. We should all get together and start a law suit against them.

May 22, 2019

Thanks for your review! Please contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number so that we can review your account further and reach a resolution.

Susan Still
May 21st, 2019 Hampton, GA DETAILS

This is the worst company service I have been on the phone off and on for two weeks they are takeing money off my credit card after the account has been closed out and equipment returned.i would not recommend this company to no one very dissatisfied.

May 22, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry you've had this experience. We'd like to make sure this gets resolved. Please feel free to email us at [email protected] or call our resolutions agents directly at 844-442-5337 Ext 752.

Pam
May 20th, 2019 Reseda, CA DETAILS

I would not recommend this company to anyone. I just tried to cancel my plan and they are telling that after my 5 YEAR contract that I was locked into another 5 years because I did not contact them at the time of 5 years. I did not receive any type of notification that it was coming up and to offer if I wanted to renew or not. I will find a way out of it one way or another as this is a scam to get peoples money.

May 21, 2019

Thanks for your review. We're happy to review your account with you and see what we can do for you. Feel free to email us at [email protected], or call 844-442-5337 Ext 752. Thanks again for your patience.

M. White
May 16th, 2019 Huntsville, AL DETAILS

No star I see Im not the only one on the 5yrs screwing. I have paid on time for 5 year now I'm being played with trying to cancel I faxed a cancelation letter Monday as they asked call to see if they received it guess what no fax received called back Wednesday still no fax but now I find out my written letter is no good they have to send a form in order to cancel. Called Monday and not until Wednesday they tell me about the form then they play as though no one new better. It should not be this hard to cancel after your contract is up.

May 16, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry things have gone this way. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] so that we can come to a better understanding of your frustrations and fix things with you.

Vicki
May 16th, 2019 Vivian, LA DETAILS

I have had Alder only a few months, but it has been the biggest mistake I've made. The sales rep promised a video camera for the front door, but he didn't have any on him. They were supposed to come back and install one. Never happened. None of the equipment works correctly. When I called to get them to come fix it and put in the video camera, I was told it would be an extra charge. I gave them my debit card number when I signed up and the monthly fee is supposed to be automatically drafted. They call me EVERY month because I haven't paid them. There is no way to pay online that I see. They are HORRIBLE to deal with. I should have stayed with ADT. I only changed because Alder said it would be cheaper. Nope. Alder is higher than what I paid for ADT. Took down my Alder sign and put ADT sign back up in my yard! Would not recommend this company to any body I liked.

May 16, 2019

Thanks for your honest and open review. We are sorry to hear this. I would like to facilitate coming to a resolution for you. Feel free to reach us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number.

BEWARE!!!
May 10th, 2019 DeSoto, TX DETAILS

SCAM!!! I sent end my written cancellation notice as stated on my original documents. This was done two months prior to cancellation. I still received an unauthorized charge. I emailed, called over 20 times to be told I was on a month to month and would be sent a cancellation form which never came! Lol scam! at the end I contacted the BBB , my credit card company, had to cancel my card completely! And disconnect the system myself , removed the sign!! Yes all that!!! PLEASE BEWARE AND INFORM OTHERS!!!

May 10, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry this has been your experience! Please feel free to email us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number so that we can work to resolve this for you.

Kimberlee N Taylor
May 8th, 2019 Lexington, KY DETAILS

No stars should be an option. Everything everyone says is true. The salesman tells you it is a 2 year contract and then when you get the contract, you find out it is five yrs and your 3 DAY cancellation window has passed. I am losing my house in a month and yet when I ask them "do I mail this equipment back or does someone come for it", I am told I can't do that until I either pay the 90% (of which she could not tell me the amount on the phone but would send a letter) or have it transferred to the new owner. I don't know the new owner and definitely would not recommend this company. HEAD THE WARNING!!! Do not get an alarm system with this company.

May 08, 2019

Thanks for your review and feedback. We apologize you feel this way, but we would like to help out as best we can and make sure you know your cancellation options. Feel free to email us at [email protected] if you have any other concerns. -Scott

Sarah Wise
May 6th, 2019 Garden City, KS DETAILS

The salesman was pushy, told us it was a 3 year contract when once you read the contract it was a 5 year with an automatic renewal that CANT be canceled in any way except with paper notification. My husband spent 2 hours on the phone trying to cancel before it renewed and still wasn’t able to accomplish this. We will NOT recommend them to ANYONE! We previously had Vivent and had a much better experience with them. If we get a home security system in the future it might be with them, but we will NOT work w/Alder again.

May 07, 2019

Thanks for your review, Sarah. Sorry for things having gone like this! Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any other concerns or questions. -Scott