Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry-leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option and ships the alarm systems directly to the customer's home.

The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder home security starts at $34.99 per month and requires a three-year contract.

Read the following Alder home security review below to see what the alarm company has to offer (e.g. equipment and policy details), as well as determine what customers have to say about the security provider.

The Good

• Alder Home Security Cost
  • Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required
  • Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder Home Security Cost

Alder home security systems start at $34.99 for monthly monitoring with no upfront fees and a three-year contract. Over the course of the 36-month contract, you'll pay close to $1,300. Alder customers also have a DIY installation option.

Alder has a price-lock guarantee, so you can have peace of mind that your plan cost will not increase over time. Alder's home security costs are on the lower end of security pricing, as many companies charge upwards of $40-$50 per month with extra installation and equipment fees.

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location.

Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Each Alder system also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire, smoke alarm, and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owners are in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but each Alder alarm system can potentially respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick.

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You may purchase an Alder security system with or without credit.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Touchscreen control panel
  • Glass break sensor
  • Smart door lock
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products.

The Bad

• Alder Home Security Reviews
  • Home Automation Limitations
  • Limited Pricing Information Online
  • Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder Home Security Reviews

Although not overwhelmingly negative, Alder home security reviews include a large number of low-star ratings, making its overall star-rating subpar. The majority of dissatisfied consumer reviews highlight a difficult cancellation process, cancellation fees, and deceiving contract lengths.

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the option for garage door access or small appliance control devices.

Existing home automation equipment includes smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts. However, these features (including the Alder app) likely cost extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website.

Limited Pricing Information Online

Alder does not list its pricing information on its website. This makes it difficult for customers to quickly compare Alder's pricing to other home security providers. The website encourages you to call an Alder representative to get a personalized quote.

Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder home security only offers cellular monitoring, neglecting wireless/broadband and landline monitoring equipment. This may be limiting to homeowners who prefer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options over cellular.

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. Alder's response time of three seconds also puts the company above the competition. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices.

Alder's home security system and video monitoring have affordable pricing and provides a price-lock guarantee. Alder doesn't offer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options. Instead, the security company only offers cellular monitoring, which is somewhat rare in the home security industry and may limit homeowners' options.

Customers should be aware that they must sign a three-year contract with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services, and customer reviews highlight a difficult and costly cancellation process. Alder's website does not list specific pricing on its website, so you'll need to contact the company for cost information. You can request a quote from the company by clicking any of the links to Alder in this review.

We suggest reading Alder home security reviews below before making your final purchasing decision.

Call our recommended rep over at Alder below.

2.6

Jaazaniah Young

October 6th, 2020 Canton, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You are locked into a 60 month contract upon signup. I made the mistake of not looking at reviews beforehand, and you won't find a reliable customer review above 1 star. Here's the facts. There is no cancellation policy. Multiple reviews and my experience has made it quite clear you are going to have an impossible time getting ahold of an Account Rep who is apparently the only people in the company able to cancel auto renewal, adjust or work on your contract meaning you're pretty much locked in. I have been trying to get thru to an account manager since 11AM and it is now 2:40PM and still on hold writing reviews while waiting to let people know my honest experience with the company. 100% do not recommend to anyone.

LaVada Williams

October 2nd, 2020 Dearborn, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Took money 6months I never got equipment

Holly

September 30th, 2020 Grandview, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Security sensors fall off often. If the alarm goes off for no real reason and the police come so many times, you can get charged my by the police department. I am stuck in a 5 year contract they will only let me break if I pay 90% of the remainder of time I have left. I have explained that I do not want to constantly call tech services for them to either walk me through how to fix it or someone to come out. I pay almost $50 a month for nothing. I signed up with them when they came to my door claiming to be so much better than ADT. That was a lie. They don’t care about customer satisfied. I would never recommend them.

Clarke Brown

September 25th, 2020 Anchorage, AK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They use a lot of underhanded tricks! Apparently, when you sign up, there is some fine print that says that if you don't call two weeks prior to the expiration of your 2 or 5 year contract, it automatically rolls over again. But they certainly don't tell you about it - who in the heck remembers that? They call you and offer new equipment - if you get it, you are magically extended. Whatever you do, DO NOT MOVE. You can't get out of the contract. If your new place has an existing alarm, they charge you an arm and a leg to transfer it, although for them it's no more than a flick of a switch. They are a horrible company and the five stars they have, even out of a possible 10, is way too generous, but I guess they get five for doing a decent job along the way up to now. But, they certainly value money over people and have no heart whatsoever.

Shirley Petrovich

September 4th, 2020 Palestine, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When we first signed up with were told that they would buy out our contract with another alarm company. I have been fighting this for over a year now. Promised a front and back door monitor/door bell always told they were out of stock when asked about them. Know we are paying two alarm companies because of Alder not paying the other contract out. Would never use them again!

KENDRA L. DEAN

August 7th, 2020 Memphis, TN

THIS IS A FRAUDULENT COMPANY ! THEY SHOWED UP TO MY MOTHER'S HOME PRETENDING TO BE HER CURRENT SECURITY COMPANY. INSTALLED DIFFERENT EQUIPMENT ONLY TO BE A FRAUDULENT COMPANY! THEY ARE SCAMMERS! CALL THE POLICE IF THEY SHOW UP

Tia Marie

July 23rd, 2020 Kennesaw, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The young lady in the phone Bree seemed to be nice. However they over promise and under deliver. Shortly after I read the contract which they conveniently do not tell you it's a contract I called to cancel. They still sent the equipment out after someone via text told me it would not be sent out. I finally blocked the unreliable texter who promised to call me two times and NEVER DID!!! Finally I got back on the phone with Bree who was semi short and needless to say not at all as FRIENDLY... she promised me someone would reach me to do the return, I told her they keep saying that but to no avail. Long story short Alder folks are trying to give me the run around then after 30 days I'd be stuck. I'm going to call the carrier back and say return to sender. Get the same security system at Amazon with a camera on your door. $40. A month for 36 months is crazy. That's expensive and old school prices with mediocre security that can be a one time purchasing for under $200 and get everything you want. Don't trust Alder this is a sneaky computer not at all transparent with a very high quality of " CUSTOMER NO SERVICE!" IT'S A NO FOR ME!!!

Shawonna

July 17th, 2020 Shreveport, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I can finally get a CSR. They are polite but unhelpful

Jennifer Jones

July 8th, 2020 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would give them zero stars if I could because I don't even have this service and they're still charging me. We signed up initially because we thought they were ADT. Their salesman, resembling a used car salesman named Mitchell V did not disclose this information and rushed us to sign the contract while we were on the phone or we would "lose this great deal." After signing it and realizing it wasn't ADT, we decided to google the company and that's where we saw so many complaints to the BBB and even an insider edition special on what a scam these guys are. We immediately cancelled within the hour but received no confirmation. After a couple of days we followed up and they said we never cancelled so we filled out some additional paperwork and forced them to send us an email confirming the cancellation. We thought the nightmare was over, but we were wrong. They never reimbursed us for the initial $141, so we disputed through our credit card and to our surprise, they fought it and won because they had our initial contract and are claiming we never cancelled. We're currently dealing with our CC company on this, while this company continues to charge us monthly. DO NOT make the same mistake we did, avoid this company at all costs. I plan to shout this from the rooftops, but know that this company advertises as ADT and it's easy to miss.

Joshua Smih

July 6th, 2020 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Company has TERRIBLE customer service. I do not recommend. Now stuck in a long contract. First got the system and it didn't work. Called multiple times over a few weeks, and they couldn't tell me what was wrong. Finally they realized they had the wrong serial number on there end. Now sensors are messing up saying they need the batteries replaced on multiple sensors, I did that and they are still saying they need replacing. Do NOT waste your time or money with this company. Also there is no way to access billing or any other portion of your account, just some random sketchy phone call from there end.

Tonya D Lynn

June 24th, 2020 Durham, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company has the worst customer service EVER...after several weeks of trying to speak to someone in account service about cancelling my service I am continually speaking to someone who keeps putting me on hold or better yet dropping my call. When I first got the service I had questions and spoke to Kallie about my concerns, she extended my cancellation to 60days and gave me her direct phone number and ext. but now when I call it is never available. No wonder they have so many bad reviews.

Antoinette Strickland

June 18th, 2020 Orlando, FL

I called to start the service and within the next hour i cancel the service. Which means i NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING. I've been told from different people from this company that my refund is on the way. I have yet to receive my money and they keep telling me that we sent the money out but i haven't got it yet.. First they say we're going to send it to your bank account then they said oh its a large amount so we have to sent you a check. I getting very frustrated about this situation. I believe they fake and stealing my money. One way or another I'm going to find a way to sue them because i havent received my money yet

GAIL

June 12th, 2020 Danville, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is absolutely the worst company I have ever had to deal with. They came in promising a better price and a better system. Our smoke alarm has gone off twice, we never heard from this company. They are a scam. I have ridden out the 3 year contract, now they are changing it to a five year contract, telling us we owe them money before we can cancel. I don't think so, we have tried to call numerous times and they always hang up before we can get any information. This company also came in and used part of the other companies equipment to do their install. Shame on you for spoofing senior citizens to try to make a buck. No more, I am sending your equipment back, it is worthless!! You have done nothing for us in the 3 years we have been under contract. The only time we have heard from you was 30 seconds after our new security company removed your control panel. No calls when the smoke alarm went off. I have stopped our bank draft so you cannot collect anymore money from us, because you DID NOT DO WHAT YOU PROMISED!!!!

Alicia Jimenez

June 8th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The worst service ever, trying to call someone to pick up their system, had someone broken into my car and asked for footage, never got anything. When trying to cancel they said It was almost $4,000 to cancel. I am writing this as 6/8/2020. They don't care for anything. There is no way to get out of the contract. Please never get this service

Chet Jackson

May 29th, 2020 Memphis, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The absolute worst! I am reporting them to the BBB. Did not forward return packaging label and had the nerve to bill me for something I didn't use and upon speaking with several customer services representatives about cancelling my service and returning the equipment EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS LIED!!!! I a returning the equipment to the address on the label they sent the equipment in!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY!!!!

Pgm Shoney

May 21st, 2020 Vacherie, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a gut feeling from the start when the guy approached my front door. After reading the reviews this kinda scares me for that fact that no one actually had an legitimate answer to getting out of their contract. Never again

DA Jefferies

May 19th, 2020 Chattanooga, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT SIGN UP!! Need negative stars. If you sneeze, wall monitor shows ‘glass triggered’. Recently had smoke/monoxide alarms blaring. Nothing alerted fire department or myself. After 10m of waiting on phone to speak with a person I had to let them call me back. CALL WAS RETURNED 4 HOURS LATER. Firemen couldn’t even shut blaring klaxtons down on wall monitor. NO heat/or monoxide signatures detected by the fire department. The ONLY way all smoke/monoxide alarms shut down-TOOK EVERY ONE DOWN BY DISCONNECTING! Can you imagine a true fire event? Representative mislead information all the way through purchase. Arlo cameras were refurbished equipment. MY BIGGEST REGRET EVER!! DON’T SIGN UP WITH THESE FOLKS

Tonya Thornton

May 13th, 2020 Columbus, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst company ever! It has been a year and they are still have not sent me what i needed to make my system work. I will never work with them again. Their customer service is horrible and they do not work with you to let you out of your contract. I wish I could give them a negative rating!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER use them!

Jcts

April 2nd, 2020 Florence, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Liars, they don’t get you what they promise. They tell you that you’re in a 3 year contract but it turns to 5 when you decide you want to cancel. They do not care about their customers and their salesman are LIARS!

Barbara Potter

March 27th, 2020 Paris, 75 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had ADT when this company came to my house. They pretended they were with my company to get me to sign up. But the most infuriating part is they called me today to trash talk the company I just switched to and accused them of being shady. Absolutely unbelievable. So glad to be away from Alder.

B Schwartz

March 25th, 2020 Boise, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed up with Alder after signing up for WiFi with Sparklight. I thought I was signing up for outside security but towards the end of the phone call I finally realized it was an inside system. I thought it over and decided to cancel at the two weeks end. I called to cancel and talked to a department that said another department would call the next day at 10:00 to confirm cancellation. They did not. I called a month later after talking to my bank. I spoke to three departments before getting someone who could help. They promised to take care of it. Another month later after I was billed again I called and talked to Josh in Loyalty. All of a sudden I had to sign a paper to cancel. They are sending the paper and return label for equipment. If it’s not done in two weeks I’m calling the BBB and the Idaho attorney general.

Karen Fletcher

March 21st, 2020 Sugar Land, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Alder was in our neighborhood soliciting customers. We bit the bullet because our equipment was old and they promised a lot. Their equipment was new and up to date, but we signed a 31/2 year contract (our fault) and it was not cheap. So when the end was coming up (December 29th, 2019) I wrote an email, (2 months ahead of the end of my contract), as instructed by their loyalty dept, letting them know I did not wish to renew and asked for confirmation that they had received my email. No confirmation came. At the end of the contract I was out of town and I was again charged for another month past my termination date. I called as soon as I could (waited on line for as much as 45 mins twice) and finally spoke to someone asking for termination of my contract and a refund for the extra month charged. I did not receive a refund nor was my service turned off. When that first call did not work, I called again. It seemed they had no record of my email so I sent it directly to the person I was speaking to and again I was charged a second month past my termination. My credit card company has been on to them because I had put a stop at the end of my contract, but they have not been able to recover my money yet. Moral of the story do not use Alder for any thing. Their customer service is terrible, if you can get anyone to talk to in the first place. Very poor service at a high charge. There are lots of well known companies out there with better customer service.

Desiree Olivas

March 9th, 2020 Santa Ana, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company has problems with cancelling accounts. I told them I was moving and gave them my new address. After I moved I did not get any equipment installed. They did not even notice, but continued to charge me for the next two months. Then when I called to cancel, they could not have the grace enough to refund me for services that were never rendered. For a high tech company, nothing I experienced was I high tech regarding tracking customers and services.

Serfoss

March 1st, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our experience with this company has been awful. My 85 year old father-in-law was with Vivant for aprox 3 years on a 5 year contract. Never had any issues with them. But 2 years ago a representative from Alder came to his door and bold faced lied to him. Told him that Vivant was going out of business and this company (Alder) was taking over the contract. Being a trusting elderly man he believed him (big mistake). Needless to say he agreed to the whole lie. And believed that his 3 years of previous service would be honored. So now at the 5 year mark he had decided it was no longer within his fixed income to have this expense so called the customer service to end his service. And like so many others on here was told he had not fulfilled his contract. He became very frustrated and disconnected the system himself. Called back to customer service and informed them he had disconnected the system. Which I find kind of odd that he wasn’t contacted first as obviously the system wasn’t working? Anyway was once again he was told he would still be obligated to pay 90 percent of the contract. At this point his son stepped in to help. He has requested a copy of the contract 3 times and 3 times has been told they would mail/email the contract. And I’m sure I don’t need to say no contract has been received. Alder has threatened to send it to a collection company. We have contacted our city officials and have learned this company never obtained a license in our town to solicit so I can see some legal issues in the future. Dont trust them.

SanJuana Polom

February 28th, 2020 College Station, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT SIGN. I just cancelled my five year contract last October. I submitted a letter of cancellation and called. They said I would not be billed starting in November. I was billed for Nov. & Dec. I called in Dec. They said they would send a check and cancel service. Neither was done. I was billed for Jan. & Feb. I called again and they said the dept. that dealt was this was closed. I called my bank to dispute charges. I called Alder back. They manager for the correct dept. was unavailable to fix the problem. I AM DONE!!! My bank recommends changing my bank account number. THIS IS A NIGHTMARE. Somebody SHUT THEM DOWN!!!

Linda Begley

February 26th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT USE ALDER SERVICES RIP OFF This company is a rip off. The ONLY reason I gave it a star at all is because it wouldn't accept my review with no stars... I cancelled my service in Nov. after dealing with having to send in a formal cancellation letter then in Dec. I was billed for service I no longer had I called got no satisfaction . I have since been billed in Jan. Feb. after already speaking with numerous people and them telling me my account was cancelled in Nov. I have been on the phone for 1 hour and more trying to find out where and when my refund will be sent. all I get is they will contact their supervisor and take care of it .. same story I have been told since Nov. I want my money back and I intend to take this further until I get results. I have never dealt with a company like this in my life.. I warn anyone considering a security company DO NOT USE ALDER..

Carol Smith

February 6th, 2020 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could I would give less than a one ! This has been a fraudulent company from the start, the person who set up my account said it was for one year when I told him I would not commit to 3 years and he scratched the 36 months out but when he turned it in it was automatically 36 months. I am attempting to cancel this service but this company makes it so difficult it takes months and you are still being charged. Worst company to work with. I would never recommend this company to anyone!!!

Denise Sodowsky

January 29th, 2020 Amarillo, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

HORRIBLE! I'd join a class action suit! Stay clear of these people no one should be forced to stay 6 years when the sellers said it was a 2 year contract. Very deceiving company and I can't wait to be done with them. Even if you become disabled during the time of the contract, they won't let you cancel but continue to bill you. This company is so deceiving! The worst company ever....even if you become disabled, they will keep billing you or you can pay the entire contract off----an HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!!!! So very stressful when you have enough stress dealing with a new disability. NO, don't sign anything.

Natasha

January 22nd, 2020 Montgomery, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been trying to cancel my service for the last couple of weeks. Every time I called, I was transferred to different representatives trying to make me stay with the company. I ask for a manager they stated that someone will call me back. No One has yet to call me. They also stated that they would send a cancellation letter in the mail. I have not received that neither.

Cassie Pope

January 19th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have never dealt with a company that does business this way. I bought a home with an alarm system in it. The previous owner paid until his contract was up. They would NOT cancel his contract. They would leave him on hold for over an hour. Then they told him he had to sign a paper to terminate and would never mail it to him. When he stopped payment, they started harassing me and sending me notices saying they were going to send me to a third-party collection agency. I have tried calling and they tell me it’s canceled. Then I get another letter. I call them again and they say they will call me back and never will. I am reporting them to the BBB tomorrow, and I can’t wait till they see all these reviews. I am also calling Channel 13 in Houston. Someone needs to put a stop to this.

Justin Hodges

January 3rd, 2020 Dickson, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called trying to cancel my service and the kept putting me on hold coming back with a new offer. when i refused they say please hold and come back 10 minutes later with another offer. I refuse again and get put on hold then they hang up the call. Looks like they get you in autopay then make it impossible to cancel it

K Hill

December 30th, 2019 Moody, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We did not have a problem with Alder's monitoring. However when my 60 month contract expired, I canceled my contract both Written and Verbal 24 days before my next payment was scheduled. Two months later I have called 5 times and have been passed around to different "representatives" with no help to stop the transactions and to receive a refund of $88. They do not mind taking your money, but hope you don't need to cancel your contract!

Shafon addison

December 17th, 2019 Gainesville, FL

Hi I just got my service at 5pm on 12/16/19 I’m canceling in the morning n ordering a new credit card before they even take out they ain’t even put up the camera or door bell .All the did was the sensors n I’m taking them down now at 2:30 am they Lied about the contract they say it was none. I check my email and read over the information of the contract it’s a 60 month contract and instead of paying $35.00 a month it’s $67.00 a month I’m good and every review I read it’s the same I don’t want these problem I’ll just wait when I feel i find something better thanks but no thanks.

Rose Dunn

December 13th, 2019 Renton, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My mom recently passed away. I called to cancel the service since we are selling the house, was told I need to continue to pay 90% of the monthly fee still! MY MOM PASSED AWAY.....?????? HORRIBLE COMPANY, MONEY HUNGRY THIEVES. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY...GO WITH ADT, ANY OTHER COMPANY......

C Kirby

December 13th, 2019 Dallas, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst alarm company ever. My wife & I just sent 45 minutes on the phone getting the run around. Our story is just like every other bad review on this website. The customer service rep hung up the phone in my face. Please don’t ever do business with this company. I am going to my lawyer with this issue. PS Alder we have your bogus door to door sales rep on camera lying about the terms of your service.

Felicia

December 12th, 2019 Lubbock, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Was charged for months of not having service. When I emailed cancellation I was promised refund in January of 2019. I called monthly and service personal informed me I would be receiving refund. October 2019 informed me that they could not. Horrible! Horrible! Do not waste time and energy.

Richard Ramsbacher

December 10th, 2019 Strafford, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Only one star because a minus 5 isn’t possible. Poor communication and difficult to work with. Don’t disclose what is need to close an account after the death of my mother. After 5 months they informed me I need to return the equipment or pay 499 dollars as I have no way of getting the equipment guess what. Asked to let me know when they received my mother’s death certificate but nothing finally was able to have someone stay on the line until they received it but still had to pay another monthly bill. The hoops they make you jump through are nuts and once you get that done they add on one more thing. Customer service is not their strong point.

Sara Smith

December 8th, 2019 Riverton, UT

We got a quote but decided not to move forward with the services yet but the salesman was friendly and courteous.

Brittney Profgan

December 4th, 2019 Bowling Green, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We did not realize how dirty of a company we were dealing with when signing on for our home in 2013 and for our business in 2015. We loved our original rep that signed us up 6 years ago and had no reason to question the integrity of the company until now. Not sure if it started off better and has just went down hill or if we were fooled originally, but regardless, this company should and will ultimately have to file bankruptcy when all the law suits eventually shut them down. We are moving and called to get info about having the system transferred and no one could access our account and things were so frustrating with customer service we just decided to cancel and go with a company we could trust to access our important information and monitor our home more securely. Come to find out they renewed our 60 month contract automatically without our consent 2.5 years ago when we relocated and took our system with us (which at the time we were told wouldn't affect our original agreement...it would simply just move with us and remain the same contract) and in order to cancel now we must pay 90%of the remaining balance, when all the while they have been charging us over $100 for both locations since when the new sign on amount is only in the $30 range for 36 months. We were told there is no way to cancel except to send us a letter we must agree to and I am now reading that everyone is promised these letters and they never come. So I will give them the 5-7 days and then filing my suit. My lawyer already said he has multiple people that have approached him about this company so looks like the courts will have a say soon.

Joe Anna

November 29th, 2019 Bolivar, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT purchase this security system. My mom is 88 years old. Her alarm system has constantly gone off. I (her daughter) have called the system 5 times in the last 72 hours to receive assistance. NO one will assist, nor will they send a technician out . Therefore, my mom told me to cancel the system. She has been with Alder for 5 years plus. When I called to cancel , they put me on hold and played music for 90 minutes. Therefore, my mom told me to call the bank to cancel the bank draft to Alder. On Monday, I am going to call the Tennessee Better Business Bureau and report how this company is scamming an 88 year old customer without providing service. Bolivar, TN Costumer: Joe Anna Daughter: Yvonne

Kathy Emery

November 20th, 2019 Youngstown, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not get Alder they will not work with u under any circumstances I will never have them again!

Nov 20, 2019

Hi Kathy. Thanks for your review. Please reach out to us at so we can find a resolution for your concerns.

C

November 9th, 2019 Blackfoot, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got my system in april 2019 and was told my rep owned the contracts in my area and if we didnt want it he could transfer at any time after deciding that's what we needed to do for financial reasons it's been a month and a half of saying one thing and changing it the next I was told i would receive my cancellation form in the mail never came my rep was supposed to be getting it overnighted to him no news on that. I just wanna be done with it. It isnt something we can afford anymore. I was also promised free months a few times and only received half of those. I also was unaware of the term although I'm told it was pre and post recorded I honestly wouldve never signed a 5 year contract but that's what the paper says

Nov 18, 2019

Thanks for your review. We apologize that you had this type of experience. Please know that we want to resolve your concerns as they relate to your account. Please feel free to reach us at with your Alder account number or phone number, and a resolutions agent can facilitate a solution.

Eric Smith

November 8th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great price for the products and great customer service. Never had any problems.

Nov 11, 2019

Hi Eric. Thanks for your review. We're happy that you feel this way! Thanks for choosing Alder. Let us know if you ever need anything when it comes to your system or account.

Tim

November 7th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had to call numerous times and have asked to speak with a manager. It seams like i continue to get the run around about talking to a manager. This place has poor customer service. I have request to get a copy of my original contract weeks ago and i have not received it. I was also told that i have to pay over Thousand dollars to cancel the service. I am beyond upset with this company. It would be nice for someone to call me.

Nov 08, 2019

Hi Tim. Thanks for your review. Sorry that you have had this experience! If you haven't reached a resolution over the phone yet, you can reach us at and the proper dept can reach back out to you. Thanks again.

Jon Posey

November 7th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great products, easy to install, solid back end service, I recommend Alder to everyone!

Nov 08, 2019

Hi Jon. Glad to hear your feedback! Please let us know if you ever have any questions about your account or system.

TRACY GALLO

November 6th, 2019 Hammond, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wish I could give this company no stars. When I first signed up the rep told me that I could cancel at anytime with no penalties. When I called today to cancel customer service tells me I can't cancel that I have 60 months to be with them. Stay clear of these people no one should be forced to stay 5 years with any company. Very deceiving company and I can't wait to be done with them. This company and the reps are very deceiving and I would love to be added to a class action suit for them. The worst company I have ever worked with.

Oct 07, 2019

Hi Tracy. Thanks for your review. I checked your account and verified the welcome survey video that you did agree to 60 months, but feel free to email me any details you have about what your sales rep promised you: .

Robyn Hill

October 31st, 2019 Arlington, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I cant even give this company a star. I got this service only because the sales man I spoke to lied to me about what he is giving me. I was told the cameras are internet free. And when I called to cancel I could not even talk to a manager about the problem, instead I got threatened that I would have to pay the rest of the contract out

Nov 08, 2019

Hi Robyn. Thanks for your review. Your experience is certainly not the type that we ever want to have happen. If you haven't been able to resolve your concerns over the phone with us yet, please feel free to reach out to us at . Thanks again.

Scott

October 26th, 2019 Tyler, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Promised to upgrade our existing system, which had all windows monitored. However upon installation, the tech "didn't have enough equipment.". Nor did he have the smoke alarms. After 2 weeks of trying to get them to finish the job, we called the 800 number and the wait for customer service was 90 minutes. We promptly cancelled within 30 days.

Oct 28, 2019

Hi Scott. Thanks for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to improve going forward. If you ever have any questions or concerns we should know of, please feel free to contact us at .

Timothy Pearson

October 17th, 2019 Shawnee, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife and I have accidentally set our alarm off a few times, and have never received a call or notification. While on vacation, our neighbor set our alarm off while feeding our dogs. We didn't know until we returned home a week later. I am trying to cancel my service because I am not receiving the service I am paying for. I have called 6 times. Alder refuses to allow me to cancel. Refusing to even allow me to speak to an account manager. I have spoken to Mar, John, and Al. Mar being the absolute worst by far. They want to mail me a letter, and of course hold me responsible for the charges while I wait. Again, I'm not receiving the service I am paying for. But that doesn't even matter, because I live in a "fire at will state" giving me a legal right to cancel my service at any time. I am going to file suit against Alder. If anyone is interested, contact me. I tried to publish my email but it is not allowed. If enough people with valid complaints are interested, maybe we can file class action.

Oct 21, 2019

Hi Timothy. Thanks for writing a review about your experience. Please feel free to contact us at or let me know if you have any other concerns we need to address at .

Lisa

October 16th, 2019 Kilgore, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One of the worst security companies ever. I recommend do not used them. They Do not return calls they are taking money for a system that is not workIng properly and has been reported that it was not working. Mark the manager there is a joke he will not return a call and neither will Brice. We have been trying to call and work with is company for almost a month. This company is in breech of contract and is stealing from us by still processing our credit card. I have now put them under investigation and contacted my attorney. If they knock at your door and try to sell you a system ya better slam it. There not worth your time nor your money. Lesson Learned here. I wish I could give them no stars but I guess they at least want one due to that’s just the way they are. It won’t let you post a review if you don’t again a freakin joke they are. I would not put a Alder system in my dogs dog house!!!! Good luck from Texas!!

Oct 21, 2019

Hi Lisa. Thanks for your review. I'm grateful to hear from you, and I apologize for your experience. Please feel free to reach us at , or reach me directly at if you need anything else.