Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option with no service windows by shipping the alarm systems directly to the customer's home. The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder believes in total home safety and uniquely provides more equipment to cover more of the home compared to other home security providers that are focused on door-to-door sales.

#1 Protect America Logo Protect America ›

9.0

Overall
Score

#2 Guardian Protection Logo Guardian Protection ›

8.7

Overall
Score

#3 Frontpoint Logo Frontpoint ›

8.6

Overall
Score

#12 Alder Logo Alder ›

5.5

Overall
Score

The Good

• Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Affordable Plans
  • Full Equipment
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location. Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Affordable Plans and Price Lock Guarantee

Alder alarm systems are affordably priced starting at $39.99. This is on the lower end of home security pricing plans. Alder also ensures a price lock guarantee, so you don't have to worry about your plan continually getting more expensive.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensor
  • Smart door locks
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants feature an alert button that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owner is in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick!

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

The Bad

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the options for garage door access or small appliance control devices.

However, this doesn't mean that Alder is completely lacking home automation functions. Quite the contrary. Home automation features such as smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts are all included. This likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website. Interested individuals are encouraged to reach out to the company for more information.

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices. Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price lock guarantee. However, customers should be aware that they must sign a long-term contract (3-year contract) with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services. Although, this is relatively common in the home security industry. Read Alder security reviews below to see what current and past homeowners using Alder's services have to say about its customer service, equipment, and monthly monitoring.

View Best Home Security Companies

Reviews from #1 Home Security Company

Protect America

DCH
October 11th, 2018 | Hampton, VA

Jenny was great. We recently had to move due to a threat to my home. My old setup wasn’t effective. After speaking to Jenny my wife and I started to brainstorm with her and she kept giving us options that were affordable and EXACTLY what we were looking for. Now can’t wait to get it in and installed. Rush ship it please 😄

Kelly Geels
September 17th, 2018 | Visalia, CA

Fast set up and great customer service, system works well. Love that equipment was free and no contracts! Perfect for our family

3.5

Linda. Kuemerle
December 10th, 2018 Canton, OH DETAILS

I have 2 accounts with Alder. My first system was installed by Alder and working properly. Because I liked t so much I called to get another system next door for my Sons house. Apparently I was given a different system that was to be put in by us and costs more . I was sent a certificate that it was up and running. When my son moved in June we found that the system was frozen on a screen and required tech support. As I spoke to them in June found we were paying for monitoring since oct 2017 but the young man said there are no signals and was not coming through. After many calls and complaints to your office and promises to call back . I was able to get a technician to come out last nite , he was scheduled between 5 and 8 . He arrived after 10 pm as he was caught in snow . I have been paying for a (Free System ) as advertised only the monitoring. Not sure how you monitor something that is frozen on screen requiring you to call customer service. Most of the wait times are up to an hour long. People have jobs and life styles that require quick and caring service. I am really disappointed in their representation of a customer service department. After many promised return calls that I did not receive, I went on the website to contact the company as wait times on the phone are too long.. A salesman contacted me to buy a system . I explained my problem to him who transferred me to another person who I had to explain the same thing over again . At that time I asked to speak to a supervisor. I spoke to a supervisor today named Darby unable to give last name. She told me that I bought 2 different systems and I should of known the difference. In the notes from June it showed where we called in with the problem. I had a representative come to the home the first time to buy the system , the second time I called in . Alder was aware in June that we were having difficulties and yet still continued to take the monitoring out of the bank. So I have paid now since Oct 2017 for a system that was never hooked up for monitoring. The supervisor says that was explained to me and was unable to do anything about it. I understood before June when they weren’t aware but a company that is monitoring something that is not hooked up and charging you for it makes me wonder how many other people may think they are protected. Had it not been called to their attention in June I may have understood. We are 69 and 70 years old and my husband is a disabled vet. I want you to know I have never seen a worse company for customer service in my lifetime.

[email protected] Dec 10, 2018

Thanks for your review, Linda. I appreciate the time you took to write this review, and I want to ensure we come to a resolution. Please contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account numbers and/or phone number. I'd like to work with the department that was last helping you so we can resolve your concerns. Thanks again. --Scott

Donald LaFlamme
December 7th, 2018 Gulfport, MS DETAILS

We signed a 5-year contract with ADP in August 2014; Alder got the contract about a year later. There's an 82-year-old veteran in the house who sometimes sets off the alarm; when that happened, ADP always checked in to make sure all was well--Alder has never checked in. The contract we signed was apparently only to make sure they get their money, not to make sure we stay protected. Don't waste your money or your hope on this company or its people, better to pay a neighbor to keep an eye out when you're gone.

[email protected] Dec 10, 2018

Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear this, and to hear how you feel about your experience. We'd like to work with you towards a resolution. Please contact us at [email protected] so we can discuss your concerns in a bit more detail. Thanks again. --Scott

Lillian
December 7th, 2018 Columbus, GA DETAILS

Sunday morning my alarm starts beeping every two minutes low battery..made a call only to find out they are closed. This time last year same thing and no one has came out.

[email protected] Dec 07, 2018

Hi Lillian. Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear this! We'd like to improve your experience going forward. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number. I can facilitate getting our tech support team to help out as best I can. Thanks again! --Scott

Terese
November 28th, 2018 Columbia, SC DETAILS

My house was broken into this weekend. I missed the called from the rep but immediately called back because I was out of town. I took a long time to get a rep on the phone about 5 minutes or so. After reaching someone she told me they had to call everyone on my contact list and send an email before dispatching the police. Not sure why police was not notified after I didn’t answer. I thank God I wasn’t home but if I was it could have been bad with the time delay of Alder. The robbers got away with a 60 inch tv and a laptop. And they completely destroyed the alarm panel. I called to get a replacement was told it will be a two day shipping, called back to verify after two days now they say it’s a four day shipping after it gets approved of which it hasn’t been approved. I asked to speak to the person who approves and was told that an email will be sent to them. So I didn’t get to speak with higher authority. I feel very uncomfortable being in my home with no security at all. Looking to go elsewhere if not resolved.

[email protected] Nov 28, 2018

Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear you've had this experience! We'd like to make sure we resolve things for you. Please contact us at [email protected] so we can go into a bit more detail and fix this. Thanks again for your time. --Scott

Michelle Guy
November 26th, 2018 New Caney, TX DETAILS

We have had our Alder security system for 2 years now and have been completely satisfied, no issues, no problems. Anytime we have questions we call and have been assisted right away. We have never had a issue with billing and our salesman was fantastic!! Thank you Alder for this great system and service!! Terry and Michelle G. Texas

[email protected] Nov 26, 2018

Thanks for your review, Michelle. Glad to hear your feedback! We hope you continue to enjoy using your Alder system. --Scott

Angel
November 21st, 2018 Sun Valley, CA DETAILS

Customer service reps are absolutely rude when they don’t get what they want. I have been deceived to renew my term with residential follow up on a system that had been not working for months. They offered to keep the same rate and have the service added. I instead get a package for me to fix the box. Something that has yet to be done since a repairs are needed and I pay for a service. I get a call today to offer a renewal on my warranty that will expire in 2021 for free service repair if I agreed to extend it longer (another contract) I asked the rep that if it’s in warranty someone should come fix it, said yes only if I accepted the additional time? I said there was no way if they told me tHat recently I tried to cancel and was transferred Ana out on wait, why would I want to extend their service if alarm is till not working. That it was ridiculous, he said I was ridiculous because the intructions were on the package and I could do it myself. I told him I had just proved my point that it’s deceiving and no reason to extend. That he was rude and I should escalate matter. He laughed and said well then you can fix it yourself. I was not surprised I’m sooo unhappy with the alarm and service and now they won’t cancel and I’m Stuck with them for 2 more years. I hate their service!!!

[email protected] Nov 26, 2018

Thanks for your review. Sorry this has been your experience so far! We'd love to discuss this with you in more detail. Please contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number. Our account resolutions team would like to make sure we smooth things over as best as possible. Thanks again. --Scott

Lisa Moore
November 19th, 2018 Tyler, TX

This guy comes on Saturday saying that he was doing a update for Guardian security. Stated that he was the local tech for this area. Never once mentioned that he was "switching" the service over to ALDER until I caught him in a LIE asking for a payment method. SCAM TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE!!!

[email protected] Nov 26, 2018

Thanks for your review, Lisa. Sorry to hear this has happened! We always train our sales reps to be upfront and honest, and we apologize for your experience. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number so we can come to a resolution for you. Thanks again. --Scott

Jane
November 19th, 2018 Birmingham, AL DETAILS

If less than 1 star was available, I would have chosen it! This is the biggest RIP OFF company. They do not return calls, respond to request for repairs! And don't even think about trying to get out of your contract! TOTALLY took advantage of my elderly mother. The rep totally misrepresented the contract and services.

[email protected] Nov 26, 2018

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your honest feedback, and we'd like to help out by resolving your concerns and taking a closer look at what's happened. Please contact us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number. Thanks again. --Scott

Ryan
November 14th, 2018 Cleveland, OH DETAILS

Horrible customer service, horrible pricing, horrible sales persons who dont disclose what they are locking you into. I have had alder for 2 years and I was told I'm locked into a 5 year contract when the sales rep said I had a 12 month contract and could call to get my rate lowered after one year, they would not work with me charged me $99 dollar installation fee when it was supposed to be free, they call my parents phone instead of mine when the alarm has gone off so I have no idea my alarm even goes off, the app doesnt do anything it should and only works half of the time. Over all I would NEVER ever recommend Alder to any body. They are a new company and need to fix their flaws before they should even be considered.

[email protected] Nov 14, 2018

Thanks for your review. We're happy to hear from you, but we apologize you've had this experience so far. Please contact us at [email protected] so that we can engage in a more detailed dialogue and resolve these concerns you have. Thanks again. --Scott

Frustrated
November 7th, 2018 Ashdown, AR DETAILS

Potential customers, BE WARNED !!! We have had a contract with ALDER for approximately 2 years. Each time that we have a problem we are told that 1. They have no technicians in our area, or we are put on the schedule and the technician is s no show. ALDER has also told us that they can only schedule us for next MONTH. There is NEVER a credit offered/ given for down time. I have list all confidence in this company and their promises. When we signed up for this plan, my husband was experiencing serious medical problems and we felt that we needed extra protection. Had we researched this company, we NEVER would have even considered them. In my opinion, it is a TOTAL RIP-OFF AND MISREPRESENTATION!

[email protected] Nov 07, 2018

Thanks for your review. We apologize for the experience you've had so far. We're happy to work with you to resolve your concerns and answer your questions. Please contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number. Thanks again. --Scott

linda frierson
November 2nd, 2018 Sumter, SC

I wouldn't even have given them one star if I didn't have too!! This company has taken advantage of my elderly mother and refuses to cancel the contract after it was reported to them that their door salesman actually signed the contract for her!!! When my mother told him that her daughter usually takes care of stuff for her and I wasn't there at the time he said "no, it's ok, i'll help you take care of it". He pretty much pressured her into giving him her information, I sent all the equipment back to them within a few days of locking her into some crazy 5 year contract and they still refuse to cancel. I will be seeking legal advise and also BBB is my next stop!.

[email protected] Nov 02, 2018

Hi Linda. Thanks for your review. I apologize for your experience so far. We'd like to come to a prompt resolution for you and make sure we answer all your questions. Please contact us at [email protected] with your mother's Alder account number or phone number. Thanks again. --Scott

TONY
October 31st, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

This company is horrible! The tech drilled holes in areas, then asked if the placement was fine. I stated no, then stated he would fill the holes and did not. 1 days after installation, the sensors fall off of the doors, it takes over 10 days to get repaired and in the mean time, use tape and do it yourself. Alarms have falsely gone off several times. I ask to cancel and they wait a week to get back to me only to ask me to put it in written form. Then, we get two false break in alarms and a carbon alarm only to find the fire department about to break my door down. Finally, they said I had to take down the stuff myself and mail it to them when I was guaranteed a tech come and reinstall my old system if I didn't like Alder. LIARS!!! BBB is my next stop for a report and comments. Going back to ADT alarm.

[email protected] Oct 31, 2018

Hi Tony. Thanks for your review. Sorry you have had this experience. We want to resolve your concerns however we can. Please contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number so we can have a more detailed conversation. Thanks again. --Scott

Susan Reinhart
October 24th, 2018 Boyce, LA DETAILS

This company in my opinion is a fraud,they set a system up in my home and it never worked,not to mention when I called to cancel and sent in my certificate of cancellation NOTHING was done,in fact they are threatening to turn my account over to a collection agent now. I called just a week after installation to cancel talked to a supervisor and all and still nothing but threats. Please be aware of these people even if you follow the guide lines they still screw you.

[email protected] Oct 24, 2018

Thanks for your review, Susan. I'd like to make sure your concerns get taken care of. Please contact us at [email protected] so that we can go over the details of your account. -Scott

Curtis and Deborah Brown
October 18th, 2018 Talladega, AL DETAILS

We signed up with Alder when it was American Profection on a promotional 6 years ago. I called in three years ago to cancel and was told that we were in contract for 6 years and would have to pay over two thousand dollars to get out of it. So we waited until the contract ran out in March or April. We got another company. I called when I found out they were still taking money out of the account. Austin said we had to call to cancel and you all will send papers to cancel. This does not make any sense. When a contract runs out it's over unless you renew. We want our money refunded. I will tell other people I know at my church and neighbors that have you.to beware of you. Thanks Deborah

[email protected] Oct 18, 2018

Hi. Thanks for leaving a review! We appreciate hearing from you, and we apologize for your concerns. Please contact us at [email protected] so we can discuss the account in a bit more detail and get things straightened out for you. -Scott, Account Resolutions

Sam
October 10th, 2018 Birmingham, AL DETAILS

We moved houses so I tried to cancel my policy. I was told they have to MAIL you a copy of the contract so you can figure out how to cancel, they can't tell you anything about your policy over the phone. When I received the policy, it read that you have to mail them a letter saying you want to cancel or they automatically sign you up for 5 MORE YEARS of service. Their customer service rep had previously specifically told me on the phone that they would not automatically sign me up again because "that would be unethical." I agree. Luckily, I had a month left so I got the letter out in time. Our motion sensors also never worked correctly and they did not come fix them when I complained. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

[email protected] Oct 10, 2018

Thanks for your review, Sam. Sorry this has been your experience so far. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any concerns we can resolve for you, or if you'd like to engage in a more detailed dialogue. Thanks again. --Scott

Dan
October 8th, 2018 Madison, AL DETAILS

Just got off the phone with Alder expecting to cancel my service as my contract was up only to be told my contract renewed for another 5 year term automatically without any notice. Sure enough, the contract does state this and sure you can cancel - in writing ONLY within 15 days of the contract end date (without paying any fees) which you're never reminded of. 1,827 days of contract and you have a window of 15 days at the end of the contract to cancel. No if's, and's or but's. Do they explicitly tell you the cancellation terms when you sign up? Of course not. Do they tell you the cancellation terms when you call in? Nope. Do they give you the courtesy of reminding you when your contract is up or when those last 15 days are? Not unless you're in one of the few states which legally require it. Are they willing to work with you on it if you're unhappy? Why would they? You're on the hook for another 5 years and if you cancel at that point you're going to pay for 5 years of service up front which you'll never receive. So much for customer service.

[email protected] Oct 08, 2018

Thanks for your review. Sorry you've had this experience. Please reach out to our account resolutions managers, as they can take care of this concern with you and come to a fair and speedy resolution. They can be reached at 844-442-5337 Ext 752. --Scott

Denise Brown
October 3rd, 2018 Muskogee, OK DETAILS

BEWARE!! Absolute nightmare. They cancelled my contract after 3 months of having their crappy “alarm system”. They never paid off my old alarm buy out, continued to charge me for services that I wasn’t receiving and still had the nerve to want me to send them back the crappy cameras that didn’t work. They didn’t call back when they said they would, they wanted me to wait 3-4 weeks before fixing a problem that their installation man caused, which means my home wouldn’t have been armed for 3-4 weeks with a security system. Now they have kept the money I paid for services that weren’t rendered. Horrible company. My loss is your gain. Don’t fall for their scam!

[email protected] Oct 03, 2018

Thanks for your review. I apologize for your experience. I do see that we've cancelled the account. Please feel free to contact us via [email protected] if you have any other questions or concerns. --Scott, Account Resolutions

NaDine
September 27th, 2018 Marshall, TX DETAILS

This is the worst by far and their customer service is next to nothing. I am cancelling my service with them and they keep asking for a final bill or a contract with the previous company which I do not have a contract. They were doing a month to month payment with me. Then another rep asks for my bank account in which I was doing auto withdrawal. Then they say that would not work. I don’t think they really know what to do other than to mislead customers and not have good people skills. I would not recommend them to anyone unless that person wants to be misled or swindled out of their hard earned money. The Better Business Bureau need to take a serious look into this misleading company with unethical practices. They are manipulators who try to use scare tactics. Those do not work on everyone. The company is full of unskilled people that delivers very poor customer service.

[email protected] Sep 27, 2018

Thanks for your review. I apologize for your experience so far! I'd like to help make sure we resolve your concerns. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] with you phone number or Alder account number. I want to make sure you can feel more comfortable with things. Thanks again. --Scott

Annie Beckom
September 25th, 2018 Milledgeville, GA DETAILS

This company I wanted to cancel my service and I wanted to know the pay out which they said they would send me ,this been almost a month ago never received it , when I talk to them early on a sale representive talk real nasty to me and told me that I wasn't able to cancel the contract

[email protected] Sep 25, 2018

Annie, thanks for your review. Sorry you feel this way, and for what's happened. I'd like to make sure we come to a resolution. Looks like you were in touch with our account resolutions managers. You can feel free to email us at [email protected], too. Thanks again. --Scott

Gregory Shaw
September 24th, 2018 Pahrump, NV DETAILS

They have me waiting a month for a call back to schedule a tech to fix the alarm. This has already sent the Sheriff to my house for NO reason. They questioned me about my own home. And they STILL wont send a tech. Why bother with a "BOY WHO CRIED WOLF" company?

[email protected] Sep 24, 2018

Gregory, thanks for your review. I apologize you've had this experience so far. I'd like to look for a fair resolution for you. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] so we can engage in a more detailed dialogue. Thanks again. --Scott

Amy
September 24th, 2018 Baytown, TX DETAILS

This company is a joke! I called the costumer service to disconnect my service and they told me I had to pay $3,000 for cancellation,and on top of that I had a contract with them for 60 months which I originally told would be 24 months! Bad reviews all around! #alderisascam

[email protected] Sep 24, 2018

Hi Amy. Thanks for your review. I appreciate your feedback. Sorry things have been this way so far! I'd like to look for a resolution for you. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number. Thanks again! --Scott

Karen Cooper
September 17th, 2018 Macon, NC DETAILS

I am really upset that this company( Alder )didn't tell me that this freaking contract was binding for 5 years or else you will have to pay over 3 grand to get out of the contract!!! I really want to get out of this companies grasps because I had a decrease in income and I cannot afford it anymore. I don't want a lesser plan but I want out of this completely!

[email protected] Sep 17, 2018

Karen, thanks for your review. Sorry this has been your experience so far! We're happy to defer payments for you or look into other solutions. Please reach out to us at [email protected] so that we can have a more detailed dialogue. Thanks again. --Scott

Crystal Norris
September 17th, 2018 Gadsden, AL DETAILS

My door was kicked in back in July. Alder did not tell officers to ask for a verbal password! I have been trying to cancel since. My alarm system hasn't worked since due to the key pad being smashed and door sensor being knock completely off. I am still being charged 60 each month for services that I am not using and Alder is continuing to tell me to hold to look in further to my account with no resolution. My next step is a lawyer! This is ridiculous, and I advise NO ONE TO USE THERE services!

[email protected] Sep 18, 2018

Crystal, thank you for your review. I apologize for what has happened. Please reach out to us at [email protected] so that we can make sure your concerns are fully resolved. Thanks again. --Scott

Rhonda Mueller
September 17th, 2018 Wasilla, AK DETAILS

I had Alder for years, whenever we went on vacation and armed the house there was always a malfunction. Finally got tired of being stressed while away from home so called and canceled the service. They were very rude on the phone and stated I had a contract with them. I told them I had the unsigned contract right in front of me and even sent them a copy of the unsigned contract with the bogus bill they sent me. Then they stated I committed over the phone which makes no sense if I wouldn’t even sign a hard copy. I stopped the auto payments and continue to get bills in the mail and threatened to be turned over to collections. I kept getting calls from them so blocked their number or just don’t answer if I don’t know who the call is from. This is a bully company and I would not recommend.

[email protected] Sep 18, 2018

Thanks for your review, Rhonda. Sorry that you've had this experience so far. I'd like to look into your account and work towards a resolution with you. Please feel free to reach us via [email protected] so that we can have a more detailed dialogue. Thanks again. --Scott

Debra McMillian-Marshall
September 14th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

This company is not reliable. I have been trying to cancel my service with no resolution. I have contacted the CEO, so far no resolution. I can no longer afford this system due to limited income. Please can someone look into this and contact me

[email protected] Sep 14, 2018

Debra, thanks for leaving a review! I appreciate your feedback, and I apologize that things have gone this way so far. I reviewed your account and want to look into possible further options than you've already been given. Please contact us at [email protected] so that we can work to resolve your concerns. Thanks again! --Scott

Charlotte Leach
September 14th, 2018 Decatur, AL DETAILS

I ve been trying to cancel my account. After 4 transfers, 50 minutes, I am told by an account representative: We can only send a cancellation by USPS. No overnight, no email.no credit card payment. I never engage the system. Batteries die and beep. The equipment becomes unusual and beep. It is hot wired into my house and I can only shut it off for a week.

[email protected] Sep 14, 2018

Hi Charlotte. Thank you for your review. Sorry this has been your experience so far! I'd like to make sure we resolve your concerns. Looks like we mailed out a cancellation form for you just earlier today. You can watch for that in the mail, but also, feel free to email us at [email protected] so we can make sure things get taken care of. Thanks again. --Scott

Kristen Sorrells
September 10th, 2018 Hope, AR

WARNING‼️I have had the worst experience EVER dealing with this company. Dating back to June when the system was installed, first they left my house with wires hanging everywhere because the lady clearly had no clue of what she was doing and had to come back the next day because it had taken her like well over 2 hours already and she still couldn’t figure out what was wrong. So, the next day she finally got it figured out and then later that night we couldn’t even set the alarm because every time we armed it for stay the alarm went off. She came back and supposedly fixed it but didn’t so they had to send someone else out the next WEEK! During this time while we waited. we went on vacation and came back to my son bike being stolen and went to look back on our cameras and GUESS WHAT THEY HAD STOPPED WORKING FOR THE WHOLE WEEK WE WERE GONE ON VACATION!😡 So we couldn’t even reference the camera to see who had stolen my son bike. Then when the man came he took my motion detector that I had told them I wanted and said I could keep it over the phone but the installer said he was told to replaced it with a glass break censor which I already had! Then on top of all this they never canceled my previous alarm system like they said they had so we were charged for two systems in a months time. THEN to top that off I was lied to about what all features they system had that I told them I really liked about my old system like being able to control my Heat and Air. After all this I was just FED UP! So I called the representative that sold it to us to cancel it and he told me he was taking care of it but DIDNT because I found out just last week they had billed me for it on August 20, 2018 and THEN I was charged more for it than I what I was told I would be! So when I called to cancel they were no help! They were rude! Tried to manipulate me into keeping the system and refused to discuss with me my options, claimed they could only mail it to me. So I just got it in the mail today and it stated I MUST PAY 90% ($3,000) of agreement before canceling...otherwise the payments will continue!!😡 So i called and I just got off the phone and again they tried to manipulate me! NO WAY! And I will not be paying for crap that was sold to me under FALSE CLAIMS!

[email protected] Sep 10, 2018

Kristen, thanks for your review. I appreciate your feedback, and I apologize for what has happened so far. I'd like to look over your account and figure out the best resolution with you. Please contact us at [email protected] so we can engage in a more detailed dialogue. Thanks again. --Scott

Jennifer
September 6th, 2018 Hartsville, SC DETAILS

We tried,to cancel but they said its,gonna cost it. But they are charging us $30 and,then another $30 every month this is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

[email protected] Sep 06, 2018

Hi Jennifer. Thanks for your review. Sorry that you feel this way so far! Let's resolve your concerns--we invite you to reach out to us at [email protected] with your account info so that we can help you feel more comfortable about your account and system. Thanks again. --Scott

Lisa McBee
September 6th, 2018 Southlake, TX DETAILS

I have moved from my home where I used Alder. I no longer need the services as my new home has a different system installed. I called today to cancel my service and they indicate that I have no option to do so. That either the new buyers can take over the account or that I can transfer my account. They indicated that I would have to pay a 90% penalty should I simply cancel but could not tell me what that amount would be. They indicated they could only send that information to me via regular mail, which will take days. They said there was no option to send the info via email or even provide the info to me over the phone. This is a BAD, MANIPULATIVE business practice, leaving customers in the dark about their billing/customer service practices. I will be contacting the BBB about this company. I will also be leaving bad review on social media sites, warning my friends and family of this tyrannical company. I have requested a supervisor call me but have yet to hear from them. What happened to the customer is always right? What happened to business transparency? This is totally unacceptable.

[email protected] Sep 06, 2018

Hi Lisa. Thanks for your review. We apologize that you've had this experience so far! Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your account info so that we can come to a resolution for you and make things go more smoothly. Thanks again. --Scott

Marcus Hanna
September 4th, 2018 Wellston, OK DETAILS

The system installed is not what I was told I would be receiving and the 2 year contract was actually a 5 year. The smoke alarm goes off at random times even if I set it outside in the fresh air ( I live in the country so it really is fresh air). Unfortunately I didn't catch it being a 5 year contract because the sales rep who came to my house told me it was only a 2 year and I trusted him like an idiot. Now if I want to cancel they want 90% of the remaining charges for the service that I don't even use so I am just stuck with it for now. Over all I wouldn't suggest this service to anyone.

[email protected] Sep 04, 2018

Hi Marcus. Thanks for your review. Sorry you feel this way so far! I'd like to help resolve your concerns concerning the agreement length and the smoke detector. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number. Thanks again. --Scott

Pamela Rayford
August 27th, 2018 Killeen, TX

OMG!!! I just had a crook ring my doorbell!! :O People PLEASE be wary of service technicians coming by your home unexpectedly! I have had ADT home security for 10 yrs. I have and ADT sign posted outside and stickers on my home window. Just now (approximately 10 minutes ago) my doorbell rang. Upon answering, there was a young man at the door dressed in shorts a dark blue collared t-shirt and dark blue baseball cap wearing a lanyard around his neck. The young man proceeded to tell me he was from ADT and was sent to "update" my home security system with a new "chip". He stated he needed to enter my home to see my security keypad. I informed him I do not allow strangers inside my home without prior coordination, announcement from their company that they are coming. I stepped outside to speak to him. He goes on to show me a pamphlet w/a picture of my ADT home security system keypad in it. I verified the picture was indeed my keypad. He then begins to tell me that if there was military in the home, they could get a discount but that he needed to enter my home to update the pad with a new chip. I verify that I'm retired military. He then asks my name and information and attempts to fill out paperwork w/said information. At this point I notice the word "Alder" printed on the left breast of his t-shirt, his lanyard, his baseball cap and his pamphlet. I ask him "what is Alder"? He begins to stutter and tells me it is a section of ADT. I ask him to leave the pamphlet, let me look over it, google Alder and verify w/ADT that they had in deed dispatched him to my home. He then begins to double speak about how if I called ADT they would tell me Alder was a separate company. I turn away while he is talking and go back into my home. He continues on down my block. I google Alder once inside and find they are a security company who uses deceptive business practices to get people to use their services. I then called ADT....who verified they had sent NO ONE out to update my system!!!! I would like to warn the general public about this company.

[email protected] Aug 27, 2018

Hi Pamela. Thanks for your review! I appreciate hearing what happened, and I apologize for this experience. We are a legitimate alarm company, and I apologize for the choices that particular sales rep made and his being unclear with you. Do you remember his name or badge number? I'd like to make sure this doesn't happen again. Feel free to email me at [email protected] with a response. Thanks again. --Scott, Alder Account Resolutions.

Lovie Fairs
August 20th, 2018 Cleveland, MS DETAILS

We cancelled with this company because they lied to my 80 year old mother now they continue to call and harass her

[email protected] Aug 20, 2018

Thanks for your review. We apologize that this is how things have gone so far! I would love to make sure your concerns get fully resolved--feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] with the account number or phone number associated with the account. Thanks again. --Scott

Sarah glick
August 13th, 2018 Tarpon Springs, FL DETAILS

Called about some motion sensors on June 6,2018 stayed they have been mailed out today is August 10th still have not received anything this Company is a joke. Do not sign up.

[email protected] Aug 13, 2018

Hi Sarah. Thanks for your review. Sorry for your concerns! I'd like to make sure we're taking care of you. Please email us at [email protected] so that we can have a more detailed dialogue and expedite those sensors to you. Thanks again. --Scott

Katrina Ruth
August 6th, 2018 Longmont, CO DETAILS

Alder continues to bill us monthly after we cancelled more than a year ago. They have now provided 13 months of refunds because they have not been able to stop the continued billed despite acknowledging that they did receive our cancellation in writing in May2017. This month, again, I received an additional automatic draft for Alder. I have to take time from MY business day to call during their billing department's hours to solve THEIR issue. It is frustrating and seems never ending. Do Not Use this company.

[email protected] Aug 06, 2018

Thanks for your review. I apologize for your frustration. We want to make sure we send another month's refund to you as soon as possible. Please call our account resolutions team at 844-442-5337 Ext 752. Thanks again!

Anne Senegal
July 30th, 2018 Rayne, LA DETAILS

I am satisfied with the services of Alder. The agents were very informative and polite and friendly. I feel safe in my home with the home service from alder.

[email protected] Jul 31, 2018

Hi Anne, thanks for posting a review! We hope you continue to enjoy using your system.

Carol Gunter
July 30th, 2018 Alexandria, LA DETAILS

System is very easy to use. System gives plenty of time to disarm the away mode

[email protected] Jul 31, 2018

Thank you for your review, Carol! We're glad you like your system! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Mimi
July 31st, 2018 Birmingham, AL

Got a my mother's system installed about 2 weeks ago. Skyler was awesome. We got great customer service. If you all had a scale 1 to 10 and 10 being the highest. I would have given him a 10.

[email protected] Jul 31, 2018

Thanks for your review, Mimi! Glad to hear Skyler did a great job! Welcome to the Alder family.

Alyse
July 30th, 2018 Anniston, AL DETAILS

Service is horrible. I never received my equipment that was promised and they claim I can not cancel my service.

[email protected] Jul 30, 2018

Alyse, thanks for your review. Sorry for how things have gone so far! Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number so we can get your concerns resolved and go forward more smoothly. Thanks again.

LILLIAN BELL
July 30th, 2018 Alexandria, LA DETAILS

THIS COMPANY IS DETERMINED TO WORSEN IT'S RECORD. FIRST OF ALL, COULDN'T GET IN TOUCH WITH ANYBODY TO CANCEL UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE, SO THEY SAY. THEY SENT A REPLY THAT THEY WERE TRYING TO CONTACT US TO PICK UP THEIR EQUIPPMENT, AND THEY WOULD REFUND THE CHARGES. NOT ONLY IS THAT NOT TELLING THE TRUTH, THAT THEY TRIED TO MAKE CONTACT, THAT IS SO VERY NOT TRUE. CALL WAITING WOULD HAVE INDICATED CALLS MISSED WHEN I CHECKED. ALSO, IN A MONTHS TIME I HAVE BEEN BILLED TWICE IN JUNE, AND EARLY JULY, AND NEITHER AMOUNT WAS THE PRICE QUOTED, BUT MUCH HIGHER AND TO TOP IT OFF, IT LOOKS LIKE THEY HAVE CHANGED THEIR NAME?

[email protected] Jul 09, 2018

Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear this has been your experience with Alder so far. Of course, we never leave any customer hanging with two bills to pay, and we are more than happy to proceed with a buyout check. Please reach out to us at [email protected], or call our account resolutions team at 844-442-5337 Ext 752. Thanks. --Scott

Debra Hall
July 30th, 2018 Lexington, SC

A young man came to my house to see about putting a sign in my yard in order to advertise their business. He talked his way in the door and kept pushing his service. He didn't mention that in order to install the sign we had to sign up for the service to last for 3 years and also put a card on file. He was really pushy when I refused to put my card on file. He then left without giving me any information on how to contact the company for later on questions. In my opinion this is not the way to earn customers.

[email protected] Jul 30, 2018

Debra, thanks for your review. We appreciate your thoughts. But we also apologize this has been your experience so far! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or account number so that we can resolve any concerns you still may have. Also, our number is 844-442-5337 for your reference. Thanks again.