Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option with no service windows by shipping the alarm systems directly to the customer's home. The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder home security starts at $34.99 and requires a 3-year contract. Alder customers note a difficult and costly cancellation process. Read Alder home security reviews below to see all noted pros and cons of the company.

#1 Protect America Logo Protect America ›

9.5

Overall
Score

#2 Frontpoint Logo Frontpoint ›

9.3

Overall
Score

#3 Guardian Protection Logo Guardian Protection ›

9.1

Overall
Score

#7 Alder Logo Alder ›

6.6

Overall
Score

The Good

• Alder Home Security Cost
  • Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required

Alder Home Security Cost

Alder home security systems start at $34.99/month for monthly monitoring with no upfront fees and a 3-year contract. Alder's home security cost will total close to $1,500 over the course of the 36-month contract. Alder has a price lock guarantee, so you can have peace of mind that your plan will not increase in price over time. Alder's home security costs are on the lower end of security pricing.

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location. Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants feature an alert button that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owner is in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick!

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensor
  • Smart door locks
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products. Unfortunately, Alder only offers cellular monitoring for its home security systems.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bad

• Alder Home Security Reviews
  • Home Automation Limitations
  • Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder Home Security Reviews

Although not overwhelmingly negative, Alder home security reviews include a large number of low-star ratings, making its overall star-rating subpar. The majority of dissatisfied consumer reviews highlight an extremely difficult cancellation process, cancellation fees, and deceiving contract lengths.

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the options for garage door access or small appliance control devices. Existing home automation features include smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts. However, this likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website. Interested individuals are encouraged to reach out to the company for more information.

Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder home security only offers cellular monitoring, neglecting wireless/broadband and landline monitoring. This may be limiting to homeowners who prefer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options over cellular.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices. Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price lock guarantee. Alder doesn't offer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options. Instead, the security company only offers cellular monitoring, which is somewhat rare in the home security industry and may limit homeowners' options. Customers should be aware that they must sign a long-term contract (3-year contract) with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services, and customer reviews highlight a difficult and costly cancellation process.

We suggest reading Alder home security reviews below and comparing the security provider to other top-rated home security companies in the industry before making your final decision.

Reviews from #1 Home Security Company

Protect America

DCH
October 11th, 2018 | Hampton, VA

Jenny was great. We recently had to move due to a threat to my home. My old setup wasn’t effective. After speaking to Jenny my wife and I started to brainstorm with her and she kept giving us options that were affordable and EXACTLY what we were looking for. Now can’t wait to get it in and installed. Rush ship it please 😄

Kelly Geels
September 17th, 2018 | Visalia, CA

Fast set up and great customer service, system works well. Love that equipment was free and no contracts! Perfect for our family

3.2

Craig Daniel
April 9th, 2019 Powder Springs, GA DETAILS

We have used alder for the past 2 years and their customer service just sucks. We had called them on 2 separate occasions and they were supposed to be sending someone to my house to fix the issues but they never showed up or even called. That is very unprofessional.

Apr 10, 2019

Thanks for your review. I apologize that there have been service issues for you. Please let us know any other concerns you have at [email protected], and then we can work towards a resolution for you.

LaFondra
April 8th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS

They are good in trustworthy good customer service

Apr 10, 2019

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback, and we're happy that you feel this way!

Diane
April 8th, 2019 Tallassee, AL DETAILS

I have had this crappy service for 5 yrs this past Dec. I moved a year and a half ago and called to cancel my service was told I was under 5 yr contract, and had another yr on my contract... the salesman told Me it was a 2yr. Contract, I would never knowingly do a 5 yr contract on anything. So I continued to pay for another yr. I called today and tried to cancel and was told it had automatically renewed for another 5 yrs and they could not cancel. I was not told a yr ago I had to cancel in writting or that it had to be within 15 days prior to the date I was led to believe would be the end of my contract. This is an outrage and highway robbery. And I will be reporting to BBB, also will be filing a complaint with my states attorney General .I will also do everything in my power to let as many people I can reach with social media know to avoid this company. They are crooks and scammers .they trap you in a 5 yr contract because the service and equipment is so crappy , they know customers will be leaving in a matter of weeks.

Apr 10, 2019

Thanks for your review. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you haven't yet so that we can make things go smoother for you!

Linda
April 4th, 2019 South Bay, FL DETAILS

This company does not come out to service their equipment. They will schedule you for weeks away and on the day that they're suppose to show up, they won't. The only thing that this company is good for is debuting money from their customers accounts. They pushed their way into homes to make the sales with all kinds of promises and when you need them to make a service call they won't. I will refuse to do business with these people they tell too many lies. Don't waste your money with these people.

Apr 10, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry for this experience you've had! Please contact us at [email protected] so that we can rectify these issues and come to a resolution! Thanks again. -Scott

Km Kelley
April 4th, 2019 Waco, TX

A salesman came to my home, no appointment, just showed up trying to tell me he was there to check and make sure I was up to day on my service/security. I told him I was with Guardian. He then proceeded to ask questions about who so and so was. It was my late husband who died 6 years ago. Then he said, Oh I guess you changed your name. I told him I never changed my name, women do not have to accept their husbands last name. This man was rude and the questions he ask were really none of his business. I certainly would not do business with a company that thinks a woman can't have her own name; and don't believe you when you tell them your spouse is deceased. They may check these so called people they send to people someone home.

Apr 09, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review. I appreciate your candor and honest feedback. Sorry things went this way! Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks again. --Scott

Jesus soto
April 3rd, 2019 Sun City, CA DETAILS

I honestly feel like this review needs to be written and heard. I originally had a good salesman helping very attentive and reaponded immediately. However after reading my contract which is NOT what the salesman stated over the phone, I immediately knew I had to cancel! (The nightmare begins) Calling to cancel is like trying to talk to the president! You get placed on hold of crazy amounts of time to get a Jerk that thinks its cute to be rude, only to pass you back on hold with nobody in cancellation ever picking up the phone!?!?! So I sent 7 emails cancellations with yup you guessed it NO Response! I called again after work thinking okay I can hold until they close I’ll put my phone on speaker and go about my night.... NOPE cancel department is “closed” I don’t know how to stress enough, DONT make the same mistake I did and entertain this BOGUS company! If u can’t get anyone to answer your cancellation your certainly NOT going to get a response to a alarm to a burglar!!! Run for the HILLS!!!!!!!!

Apr 09, 2019

Thanks for your review. I apologize for your experience so far. Please feel free to contact us at 844-442-5337 Ext 752, or email [email protected] I'd like to see that we provide solutions for you. --Scott

major rip off
March 26th, 2019 California City, CA DETAILS

I had Alder security starting in 2013 and I knew the contract was for 5 years. Just recently (March 2019) I called to cancel service and they told me that I couldn't because my contract autorenewed in 2018 for 60 months. They tell me they can't do anything about it. I did check the contract and it does have a 60 month renewal in the fine print ,but what contracts autorenew for 5 years! Now I'm stuck paying $54.99 a month for another 5 years.That seems really sneaky to me.

Mar 26, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry for the frustration! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] so we can check over your account and answer any questions you have. --Scott

cathy rosario
March 22nd, 2019 Killeen, TX DETAILS

I give it a cero (0) they tricked my husband and would not even take our calls. there staff must not have any morals , let alone customer service, They are misleading, have no backbone to support anything they advertice and there equipment does not work!!!! The Worst Company Ever and I have had some shi…. ones

Mar 22, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry for how things have gone--looks like our agents were trying to verify your verbal password. Please feel free to reach out at [email protected] so we can come to a resolution. Thanks again. --Scott

Annie Rogers
March 20th, 2019 Opa-locka, FL DETAILS

We have had Alder security for over 5 years, already completed a 5 year contract. Probably longer because we were with AP also. My experience was calling Alder wanted to upgrade my system the person I spoke to seem to me that he didn’t wanted to be bother. So I was approached by another company and sign up with them and when I called to cancel that’s when I was told that I would have to pay over $1,400 to payoff my contract. So now I stuck paying $47 monthly to Alder, because there was no way I was just going to write a check of money I don’t have, paying for NO SERVICE I guess I will be paying this until I payoff the $1,400. ( HIGHWAY ROBBERY) Who would remember that in your contract it says automatically renews, that’s CRAZY!!! I know it’s all about not losing a customer, ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY. Company should send letters letting you know this in advance. IT IS NOT FAIR!!!!!

Mar 20, 2019

Thanks for your review. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number so that we can come to a fair resolution in regards to what's happened. Appreciate your time! --Scott

Millie Patterson
March 18th, 2019 Opa-locka, FL

It is the first time, that I write a review. I am very dissatisfied with this alarm company, my reasons. I want to say that I am disabled so I receive a monthly payment. The salesman lied to me, at the end of the contract, he told me it was 1 year and it turned out to be 5 years. I tried to send the payoff of the contract because I can not get out of it, if I do not pay full, (I've been waiting 2 months) I made multiple calls to the Alder Alarm company, without any results. They are bad at fulfilling what was promised.

Mar 19, 2019

Thanks for your review, Millie. We appreciate hearing your feedback, and we also apologize you've had this experience so far. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your account number or phone number so we can look into this further and come to a resolution for you. -Scott

Maricel Zuniga
March 14th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

So far we’re satisfied with Alder and Jeffery R is so kind n very informative.

Mar 14, 2019

Thanks for your review! We appreciate hearing from you, and we're glad you like the system! Please reach out to us if you need anything. --Scott

Jeannie salle
March 11th, 2019 Airway Heights, WA DETAILS

This is the biggest scam we have ever seen. They come in your home and make promises they dont keep. They stole from us and then sent another rep to say sorry, that guy was fired. They never brought all the equipment but charged our account every month. The equipment we did get almost never worked. Couldn't get anything resolved. They call everyday 3 to 4 times and harass us for more money. They have threatened us, most of them barely speak English.

Mar 12, 2019

Thanks for your review, Jeannie. Please let us know any other concerns you have by contacting us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number. Then, we can come to a resolution. Thanks again for your time! --Scott

Lawrence S.
March 8th, 2019 Soldotna, AK DETAILS

I was originally an AP customer; however Alder bought them out and so this review reflects the experience I have had with Alder. One. Customer service is sales driven only and not there to HELP a customer. My fire alarm/freeze alarm went bad, a week before I was heading out of town for the holidays. I tried calling and no calls were returned, I also tried contacting on their website. I never heard back nor wa there any follow up. So lifetime warranty of equipment and 24/7 service help was a LIE. once my contract was up my phone has been non stop calls about new deals and rates allIhave to do is sign into another contract! I even explained my past experience and this was met with no apologies or even a token credit! Another thing that surprised me is that when Alder took over I was not not notified; only caught the change on my bill! upon calling it was explained and I asked for new placars and stickers for my house, rep said they would send out right away! I am currently trying to cancel my service and I still have not been able to successfully do that simple task! I have called and left emails; now I start to leave stunning reviews online! Needless to say I still have AP placards and stickers on my house. morale of story do NOT do business with this company

Mar 12, 2019

Thanks for your review, Lawrence. We appreciate your candor and thoroughness. Sorry you have been through this experience so far! We'd be happy to make things smoother going forward. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number so we can come to a resolution for you. Thanks again. -Scott

J
March 6th, 2019 Monticello, AR DETAILS

Alder stinks!! I’m stuck in a 5 year contract, which the salesman told me was only a year, and I’m paying a ridiculous price for a system that does not function correctly! I hate the company and the alarm!!!! I do not recommend to anyway. If you are thinking of using this company, DON’T DO IT!!!! The salesman sales you a load of bull! They tell you one thing and do an entirely different thing. Unfortunately, you’re tied up in something that you don’t want to be in because you signed. Don’t fall for the three day cancellation , it is literally signing your money away!

Mar 06, 2019

Thanks for your honest review! Sorry to hear this--please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number so that we can come to a resolution. Or, you can call 844-442-5337 Ext 730. Thanks again! --Scott

Gary Bandemer
March 5th, 2019 Buhl, ID DETAILS

The response is the same for anyone writing a bad review, they apologize and say they are sorry and to get a hold of them and they don't respond. I have tried twice and have not heard a word. If you are looking for a security company that you can depend on this is not the company.

Feb 14, 2019

Thanks for your review, Gary. Sorry you've had this experience so far. We are still happy to make sure your previous company is paid off. Please contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number. Thanks again!

Sharon Dees
February 28th, 2019 Laurens, SC DETAILS

Sometimes it's confusing when I set my alarm or when they're testing the equipment I don't know how to shut it down. They're just friendly and efficient. It's a little pricey for me.

Jul 09, 2018

Hi Sharon. Glad to hear your thoughts. Thanks for your review!

Ashley cobb
February 19th, 2019 Tuscumbia, AL DETAILS

We have had Alder security for over 5 years, already completed a 5 year contract. We were NEVER notified that it would automatically be extended another 5 years. We just sold our home and haven’t bought another one yet so we called to cancel the service for now and were Told no that they can’t turn it off because of the contract we knew nothing about. So basically we are paying for a security system we don’t even have because we don’t even live in that home anymore. This company is absolutely HORRIBLE. When my husband became upset on the phone with the manager the manager HUNG UP ON MY HUSBAND right after saying he will not turn the system off. I have never seen such horrible customer service. We are contacting an attorney first thing tomorrow to do whatever we can to get out of this. I will let every person I know how horrible this company is. All we wanted it to turn off the system and be done and it’s turned into us paying for something we don’t even have for FIVE years. Just horrible.

Feb 19, 2019

Thanks for your review, Ashley. Sorry you feel this way! I apologize for your recent experience. Please contact us at [email protected], and we will respond as soon as possible to figure out a resolution with you. Thanks for your time. -Scott

Nelson
February 6th, 2019 Greenville, MS DETAILS

Horrible, they tricked my father into signing a contract in which he is blind with a third grade education they said was a verbal agreement. Then they proceeds to state we could not discontinue we had to pay 90℅ of the contract or get it transfered. Ive asked for a copy of the contract they catch not produce any yet. The system does not work they refuse to stop the payment and they refuse to fix it. I am currently getting paper work with my lawyer to get this matter solved and I will not stop until I get an answer. DO NOT GET ALDER I REPEAT! THEY TRULY DON'T CARE.

Feb 08, 2019

Thanks for your review and honesty. We are glad to hear from you, and we apologize you have had this experience so far. Please know we are happy to fix the system and resolve your concerns. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your father's Alder account number or phone number. Thanks again. --Scott

Helen Locklear
February 4th, 2019 Pembroke, NC DETAILS

I purchase the basis Alder system and used it through the year. I decided that after the year I no longer needed the security system at which time I called the Alder company and asked that service be discontiued. I was told that the term for the security system was a five year agreement. I don’t recall the sales person mentioning a five year agreement. After speaking to a Alder representative I reviewed the paperwork which was provided after the security system was installed and did not find any mention of a five year commitment. Recently I reviewed the Alder Security webpage and found that agreement of the security system was a three year agreement, not a five year agreement as one of their representative told me by phone. I no longer trust this company and will never do business with them again.

Feb 05, 2019

Thank you for your review. Sorry you've had this experience! I'd like to look into this and find a resolution for you. Could you reach back to us via private response here or at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number? Thanks again. --Scott

Ernest Garcia
January 31st, 2019 Victoria, TX DETAILS

I would give a minus star if possible. I’m a long time customer stuck in a 5 year contract. I absolutely hate them. Go elsewhere, they don’t care.

Feb 01, 2019

Thanks for your review, Ernest. Sorry you feel this way. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] so that we can come to a resolution about what's happened and make things go more smoothly for you. Thanks again. --Scott

Patricia Green
January 24th, 2019 Baytown, TX DETAILS

I called the company due to my husband cancer had to cancel.They said ok so i shipped my equipment back which i did.Well i kept getting 64.59 deducted from my bank account after speaking with the bank they have been still taking out the payment plus they have possession of the equipment.The agent stated they where going to give me the 64.59 back but not the over draft fee.But i did nothing wrong is this how you do ppl.

Jan 24, 2019

Thanks for your review, Patricia. Please allow us to make sure we resolve this issue for you. We invite you to email us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number, and we will respond as quick as we can.

Dc
January 22nd, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

My daughter had a salesman show up at her door give her the sales speech, at that time he told her there was no contact. My daughter then told 4 family members of the (including myself) of this awesome deal. We all signed up, biggest mistake ever. The salesman told all of us that the best part of Alder was there was no contact you could cancel at anytime. Also we we were not told that you have to register your alarm with the city in which you live. We had 2 false alarms, which was due to the tech not putting in the sensors correctly. We all have had horrible experiences with Alder. We want to get out of the so called not a contract. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ALDER TO MY WORST ENEMY. Poor customer service as well.

Jan 22, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry you and your family have had an unfavorable, frustrating experience with Alder so far. This is never our end goal when we first set our security systems up. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your phone numbers or Alder account numbers, and we'll do our best to respond in a timely manner. --Scott

Adelena Chavarria
January 10th, 2019 Lubbock, TX DETAILS

I was offered a 3 day no obligation trial from a door to door representative for Alder. I was told upon canceling in these 3 days I would get a refund of my initial equipment setup. I was told by the equipment technician that I could call and get someone out to pick up my equipment. Not only did Alder charge my bank account for a payment after calling within the 3 allotted business days for the trial, now I'm told they don't send out technicians to pick up equipment. So now I'm told my account won't be refunded until they recieve my equipment. So in short I'll be waiting close to 2 months to get my refund and cancel account I was told I could cancel in 3 business days! !!!! It is a scam and a way for a business to steal your money by using loop holes against you. It is false advertising. They set up without home owners permission with his information.

Jan 10, 2019

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry you feel this way--There is a process to canceling the account, and we're making sure we're doing everything required to close the account. We will refund all charges. If you have any further concerns, please reach out to us at 844-442-5337 Ext 752 or email [email protected] Thanks again. --Scott

Connie Peterson
January 7th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

This company tricked my 84 year old mom into resigning a 5 year contract 5 months before her first contract with them expired. They tried scamming her over the phone the first time but I was able to cancel that one..then 4 months later someone came to her home telling her they are doing system checks on her equipment. Once he was in the house he told her to sit on the couch and talk to someone on his cell phone. They totally scammed her into a new 5 year contract 5 month before hers expired and her fee went up. When I called they were rude and aggressive and refused to help. They stated she was locked into a 5 year contract and if we cancelled we would still owe them the entire amount of the contract $3600 We have had nothing but trouble from the system that malfunctions alot. Avoid this company

Jan 07, 2019

Thanks for your review. We apologize for this experience you and your mother have had. We always strive to present agreement information clearly and honestly. Go ahead and contact us at [email protected] so that we can come to a resolution and go a bit more into detail. --Scott

Shana
January 2nd, 2019 Johnson, KS DETAILS

This is a terrible company! I had an appointment set up for a technician to fix a fire alarm and he never called and never showed up. They told me they would ship it to me and I could install it, it was never shipped. I’m going on 2 months trying to get someone here to fix it. They won’t let me out of my contract without a price either!!

Jan 03, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry you've had this experience! I see that we were able to schedule a technician for you. If you still need anything, feel free to email us at [email protected] Thanks again. --Scott

Alamisha
January 2nd, 2019 Little Rock, AR DETAILS

Never used the service. I sent off the paper work to request a refund in a timely manner and was charged 43 bucks. I spoke with a rep and still havent gotten my return shipping label. It has been 2 months. No refund has been issued and no return shipping label has been collected. This company is full of lies.

Jan 03, 2019

Thanks for your review. Sorry for this delay! I will check with my inventory department and make sure that return label gets to you, and we will refund all payments made once we receive the equipment. Please email us at [email protected] if you have any other questions or concerns. --Scott

La Donn
December 30th, 2018 Bruceville-Eddy, TX DETAILS

I am super surprised to read all the negative reviews. We switched to Alder a year ago and have had no problems at all. They few times we have needed service they have been very responsive. We received the credits promised for buying out the contract from our previous security company. Hopefully our good fortune with the company will continue.

Jan 03, 2019

Thanks for your review! We appreciate hearing your feedback, and we strive to keep providing great service for you. If you ever need anything, simply call us or email us at [email protected] --Scott

Linda. Kuemerle
December 21st, 2018 Canton, OH DETAILS

I already posted a review on Alder on 12/10 ,which was immediately responded to by Alder. I sent back the info to where they requested . Scott said they wanted to address the problem,it is noe 12/ 19 and I have not heard from the company. My complaint was on the poor customer service that they provide. They do not do what they promise, it’s a maze of transfers on phone, followed by untruths. The only people who return your call is the sales people. After they get your order they just don’t care.

Dec 10, 2018

Thanks for your review, Linda. I appreciate the time you took to write this review, and I want to ensure we come to a resolution. Please contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account numbers and/or phone number. I'd like to work with the department that was last helping you so we can resolve your concerns. Thanks again. --Scott

Cindy Pritchard
December 17th, 2018 Anchorage, AK DETAILS

I too am not happy with alder... 2 yrs ago roughly a guy shows up at my house n says they are the sister company to vivant which was my security at the time .... he pretty much pushed his way in we talked I was told to write vivant and cancel my contract with them and if I was charged the following month to let him know and he would cut a check right away ya well that never happened and after many phone calls was told the same thing as all the other people here... someone will review n get back to you ... check is on the way... blah blah blah THEN this happens I accidently burnt something cooking and after saying I don't need the fire dept they show up anyway... fine great thanks for checking on me I call to see why a sensor isn't working and they proceed to tell me my EX IS THE PRIMARY on the account and that they need to have his permission?? I say how is that possible we don't and never have lived together it's ALWAYS been MY account I'm the one who pays the bill then i get told they have to talk to him to get him off account?? Are u people SERIOUS? Im not sure how he even got on the account in the first place and after MANY MANY phone calls talking to supervisors being told paperwork to get him off the account is on the way which mind you has to this day never arrived as well hes still on the account! then I moved to a new place asked to be put on like a hold or stand by wat have u until I found a new place that was in May it's now the middle of Dec and they have charged me every single month since May for a system that's not even up in my new place! I've called n asked to have it put back several times and no one has showed up yet... also I had to take my system down myself when I moved not a super big deal but that's the last thing I wanted to be doing. They say they put notes in my file but every time I've called I've had to go through the entire story again n AGAIN n nobody seems to know anything about anything to include supervisors.... I'm ready to just jump fence n contact the CEO of Alder and see if he/she knows anything about their "great" company! You guys REALLY need to get your you know what together because at this point Alder really sucks and I regret leaving vivant!

Dec 17, 2018

Thank you for your review, Cindy. I apologize you've had this experience--it's not a good one, and I hope we can improve it! Please reach out to us at [email protected] so we can come to a resolution to your concerns and make things right going forward. We appreciate your working with us. Thanks again. --Scott

Cahty Hayes
December 13th, 2018 Indianapolis, IN

I had my system with Alder in July of 2018...Still today Dec 11 2018 I have not received the buyout payment to give to my other security company. First the representative never called my other security company to to get the buy out price...I had to do it...now that they have the information they still have not sent me the check,..I have called Alder six times and each time I call them all I get is "they'll talk to the person that handles the buyout and get back with me...No one never returns my calls..not even the person who issues the checks... The representative keep saying "it's in review"...what needs to be reviewed? And why is it taking 6 months to review....Alder does not take care of their customers or business...I will not recommend their company to my worse enemy..

Dec 13, 2018

Thanks for your review. Sorry that you've had this experience and for this delay! I checked your account and saw that we approved your buyout check today to be mailed out to you. Please email us at [email protected] if you experience any more unnecessary delay. --Scott, Account Resolutions

Donald LaFlamme
December 7th, 2018 Gulfport, MS DETAILS

We signed a 5-year contract with ADP in August 2014; Alder got the contract about a year later. There's an 82-year-old veteran in the house who sometimes sets off the alarm; when that happened, ADP always checked in to make sure all was well--Alder has never checked in. The contract we signed was apparently only to make sure they get their money, not to make sure we stay protected. Don't waste your money or your hope on this company or its people, better to pay a neighbor to keep an eye out when you're gone.

Dec 10, 2018

Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear this, and to hear how you feel about your experience. We'd like to work with you towards a resolution. Please contact us at [email protected] so we can discuss your concerns in a bit more detail. Thanks again. --Scott

Lillian
December 7th, 2018 Columbus, GA DETAILS

Sunday morning my alarm starts beeping every two minutes low battery..made a call only to find out they are closed. This time last year same thing and no one has came out.

Dec 07, 2018

Hi Lillian. Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear this! We'd like to improve your experience going forward. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number. I can facilitate getting our tech support team to help out as best I can. Thanks again! --Scott

Terese
November 28th, 2018 Columbia, SC DETAILS

My house was broken into this weekend. I missed the called from the rep but immediately called back because I was out of town. I took a long time to get a rep on the phone about 5 minutes or so. After reaching someone she told me they had to call everyone on my contact list and send an email before dispatching the police. Not sure why police was not notified after I didn’t answer. I thank God I wasn’t home but if I was it could have been bad with the time delay of Alder. The robbers got away with a 60 inch tv and a laptop. And they completely destroyed the alarm panel. I called to get a replacement was told it will be a two day shipping, called back to verify after two days now they say it’s a four day shipping after it gets approved of which it hasn’t been approved. I asked to speak to the person who approves and was told that an email will be sent to them. So I didn’t get to speak with higher authority. I feel very uncomfortable being in my home with no security at all. Looking to go elsewhere if not resolved.

Nov 28, 2018

Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear you've had this experience! We'd like to make sure we resolve things for you. Please contact us at [email protected] so we can go into a bit more detail and fix this. Thanks again for your time. --Scott

Michelle Guy
November 26th, 2018 New Caney, TX DETAILS

We have had our Alder security system for 2 years now and have been completely satisfied, no issues, no problems. Anytime we have questions we call and have been assisted right away. We have never had a issue with billing and our salesman was fantastic!! Thank you Alder for this great system and service!! Terry and Michelle G. Texas

Nov 26, 2018

Thanks for your review, Michelle. Glad to hear your feedback! We hope you continue to enjoy using your Alder system. --Scott

Angel
November 21st, 2018 Sun Valley, CA DETAILS

Customer service reps are absolutely rude when they don’t get what they want. I have been deceived to renew my term with residential follow up on a system that had been not working for months. They offered to keep the same rate and have the service added. I instead get a package for me to fix the box. Something that has yet to be done since a repairs are needed and I pay for a service. I get a call today to offer a renewal on my warranty that will expire in 2021 for free service repair if I agreed to extend it longer (another contract) I asked the rep that if it’s in warranty someone should come fix it, said yes only if I accepted the additional time? I said there was no way if they told me tHat recently I tried to cancel and was transferred Ana out on wait, why would I want to extend their service if alarm is till not working. That it was ridiculous, he said I was ridiculous because the intructions were on the package and I could do it myself. I told him I had just proved my point that it’s deceiving and no reason to extend. That he was rude and I should escalate matter. He laughed and said well then you can fix it yourself. I was not surprised I’m sooo unhappy with the alarm and service and now they won’t cancel and I’m Stuck with them for 2 more years. I hate their service!!!

Nov 26, 2018

Thanks for your review. Sorry this has been your experience so far! We'd love to discuss this with you in more detail. Please contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number. Our account resolutions team would like to make sure we smooth things over as best as possible. Thanks again. --Scott

Lisa Moore
November 19th, 2018 Tyler, TX

This guy comes on Saturday saying that he was doing a update for Guardian security. Stated that he was the local tech for this area. Never once mentioned that he was "switching" the service over to ALDER until I caught him in a LIE asking for a payment method. SCAM TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE!!!

Nov 26, 2018

Thanks for your review, Lisa. Sorry to hear this has happened! We always train our sales reps to be upfront and honest, and we apologize for your experience. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number so we can come to a resolution for you. Thanks again. --Scott

Jane
November 19th, 2018 Birmingham, AL DETAILS

If less than 1 star was available, I would have chosen it! This is the biggest RIP OFF company. They do not return calls, respond to request for repairs! And don't even think about trying to get out of your contract! TOTALLY took advantage of my elderly mother. The rep totally misrepresented the contract and services.

Nov 26, 2018

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your honest feedback, and we'd like to help out by resolving your concerns and taking a closer look at what's happened. Please contact us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number. Thanks again. --Scott

Ryan
November 14th, 2018 Cleveland, OH DETAILS

Horrible customer service, horrible pricing, horrible sales persons who dont disclose what they are locking you into. I have had alder for 2 years and I was told I'm locked into a 5 year contract when the sales rep said I had a 12 month contract and could call to get my rate lowered after one year, they would not work with me charged me $99 dollar installation fee when it was supposed to be free, they call my parents phone instead of mine when the alarm has gone off so I have no idea my alarm even goes off, the app doesnt do anything it should and only works half of the time. Over all I would NEVER ever recommend Alder to any body. They are a new company and need to fix their flaws before they should even be considered.

Nov 14, 2018

Thanks for your review. We're happy to hear from you, but we apologize you've had this experience so far. Please contact us at [email protected] so that we can engage in a more detailed dialogue and resolve these concerns you have. Thanks again. --Scott

Frustrated
November 7th, 2018 Ashdown, AR DETAILS

Potential customers, BE WARNED !!! We have had a contract with ALDER for approximately 2 years. Each time that we have a problem we are told that 1. They have no technicians in our area, or we are put on the schedule and the technician is s no show. ALDER has also told us that they can only schedule us for next MONTH. There is NEVER a credit offered/ given for down time. I have list all confidence in this company and their promises. When we signed up for this plan, my husband was experiencing serious medical problems and we felt that we needed extra protection. Had we researched this company, we NEVER would have even considered them. In my opinion, it is a TOTAL RIP-OFF AND MISREPRESENTATION!

Nov 07, 2018

Thanks for your review. We apologize for the experience you've had so far. We're happy to work with you to resolve your concerns and answer your questions. Please contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number. Thanks again. --Scott

linda frierson
November 2nd, 2018 Sumter, SC

I wouldn't even have given them one star if I didn't have too!! This company has taken advantage of my elderly mother and refuses to cancel the contract after it was reported to them that their door salesman actually signed the contract for her!!! When my mother told him that her daughter usually takes care of stuff for her and I wasn't there at the time he said "no, it's ok, i'll help you take care of it". He pretty much pressured her into giving him her information, I sent all the equipment back to them within a few days of locking her into some crazy 5 year contract and they still refuse to cancel. I will be seeking legal advise and also BBB is my next stop!.

Nov 02, 2018

Hi Linda. Thanks for your review. I apologize for your experience so far. We'd like to come to a prompt resolution for you and make sure we answer all your questions. Please contact us at [email protected] with your mother's Alder account number or phone number. Thanks again. --Scott

TONY
October 31st, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

This company is horrible! The tech drilled holes in areas, then asked if the placement was fine. I stated no, then stated he would fill the holes and did not. 1 days after installation, the sensors fall off of the doors, it takes over 10 days to get repaired and in the mean time, use tape and do it yourself. Alarms have falsely gone off several times. I ask to cancel and they wait a week to get back to me only to ask me to put it in written form. Then, we get two false break in alarms and a carbon alarm only to find the fire department about to break my door down. Finally, they said I had to take down the stuff myself and mail it to them when I was guaranteed a tech come and reinstall my old system if I didn't like Alder. LIARS!!! BBB is my next stop for a report and comments. Going back to ADT alarm.

Oct 31, 2018

Hi Tony. Thanks for your review. Sorry you have had this experience. We want to resolve your concerns however we can. Please contact us at [email protected] with your Alder account number or phone number so we can have a more detailed conversation. Thanks again. --Scott

Susan Reinhart
October 24th, 2018 Boyce, LA DETAILS

This company in my opinion is a fraud,they set a system up in my home and it never worked,not to mention when I called to cancel and sent in my certificate of cancellation NOTHING was done,in fact they are threatening to turn my account over to a collection agent now. I called just a week after installation to cancel talked to a supervisor and all and still nothing but threats. Please be aware of these people even if you follow the guide lines they still screw you.

Oct 24, 2018

Thanks for your review, Susan. I'd like to make sure your concerns get taken care of. Please contact us at [email protected] so that we can go over the details of your account. -Scott

Curtis and Deborah Brown
October 18th, 2018 Talladega, AL DETAILS

We signed up with Alder when it was American Profection on a promotional 6 years ago. I called in three years ago to cancel and was told that we were in contract for 6 years and would have to pay over two thousand dollars to get out of it. So we waited until the contract ran out in March or April. We got another company. I called when I found out they were still taking money out of the account. Austin said we had to call to cancel and you all will send papers to cancel. This does not make any sense. When a contract runs out it's over unless you renew. We want our money refunded. I will tell other people I know at my church and neighbors that have you.to beware of you. Thanks Deborah

Oct 18, 2018

Hi. Thanks for leaving a review! We appreciate hearing from you, and we apologize for your concerns. Please contact us at [email protected] so we can discuss the account in a bit more detail and get things straightened out for you. -Scott, Account Resolutions

Sam
October 10th, 2018 Birmingham, AL DETAILS

We moved houses so I tried to cancel my policy. I was told they have to MAIL you a copy of the contract so you can figure out how to cancel, they can't tell you anything about your policy over the phone. When I received the policy, it read that you have to mail them a letter saying you want to cancel or they automatically sign you up for 5 MORE YEARS of service. Their customer service rep had previously specifically told me on the phone that they would not automatically sign me up again because "that would be unethical." I agree. Luckily, I had a month left so I got the letter out in time. Our motion sensors also never worked correctly and they did not come fix them when I complained. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Oct 10, 2018

Thanks for your review, Sam. Sorry this has been your experience so far. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any concerns we can resolve for you, or if you'd like to engage in a more detailed dialogue. Thanks again. --Scott

Dan
October 8th, 2018 Madison, AL DETAILS

Just got off the phone with Alder expecting to cancel my service as my contract was up only to be told my contract renewed for another 5 year term automatically without any notice. Sure enough, the contract does state this and sure you can cancel - in writing ONLY within 15 days of the contract end date (without paying any fees) which you're never reminded of. 1,827 days of contract and you have a window of 15 days at the end of the contract to cancel. No if's, and's or but's. Do they explicitly tell you the cancellation terms when you sign up? Of course not. Do they tell you the cancellation terms when you call in? Nope. Do they give you the courtesy of reminding you when your contract is up or when those last 15 days are? Not unless you're in one of the few states which legally require it. Are they willing to work with you on it if you're unhappy? Why would they? You're on the hook for another 5 years and if you cancel at that point you're going to pay for 5 years of service up front which you'll never receive. So much for customer service.

Oct 08, 2018

Thanks for your review. Sorry you've had this experience. Please reach out to our account resolutions managers, as they can take care of this concern with you and come to a fair and speedy resolution. They can be reached at 844-442-5337 Ext 752. --Scott

Denise Brown
October 3rd, 2018 Muskogee, OK DETAILS

BEWARE!! Absolute nightmare. They cancelled my contract after 3 months of having their crappy “alarm system”. They never paid off my old alarm buy out, continued to charge me for services that I wasn’t receiving and still had the nerve to want me to send them back the crappy cameras that didn’t work. They didn’t call back when they said they would, they wanted me to wait 3-4 weeks before fixing a problem that their installation man caused, which means my home wouldn’t have been armed for 3-4 weeks with a security system. Now they have kept the money I paid for services that weren’t rendered. Horrible company. My loss is your gain. Don’t fall for their scam!

Oct 03, 2018

Thanks for your review. I apologize for your experience. I do see that we've cancelled the account. Please feel free to contact us via [email protected] if you have any other questions or concerns. --Scott, Account Resolutions

NaDine
September 27th, 2018 Marshall, TX DETAILS

This is the worst by far and their customer service is next to nothing. I am cancelling my service with them and they keep asking for a final bill or a contract with the previous company which I do not have a contract. They were doing a month to month payment with me. Then another rep asks for my bank account in which I was doing auto withdrawal. Then they say that would not work. I don’t think they really know what to do other than to mislead customers and not have good people skills. I would not recommend them to anyone unless that person wants to be misled or swindled out of their hard earned money. The Better Business Bureau need to take a serious look into this misleading company with unethical practices. They are manipulators who try to use scare tactics. Those do not work on everyone. The company is full of unskilled people that delivers very poor customer service.

Sep 27, 2018

Thanks for your review. I apologize for your experience so far! I'd like to help make sure we resolve your concerns. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] with you phone number or Alder account number. I want to make sure you can feel more comfortable with things. Thanks again. --Scott

Annie Beckom
September 25th, 2018 Milledgeville, GA DETAILS

This company I wanted to cancel my service and I wanted to know the pay out which they said they would send me ,this been almost a month ago never received it , when I talk to them early on a sale representive talk real nasty to me and told me that I wasn't able to cancel the contract

Sep 25, 2018

Annie, thanks for your review. Sorry you feel this way, and for what's happened. I'd like to make sure we come to a resolution. Looks like you were in touch with our account resolutions managers. You can feel free to email us at [email protected], too. Thanks again. --Scott

Gregory Shaw
September 24th, 2018 Pahrump, NV DETAILS

They have me waiting a month for a call back to schedule a tech to fix the alarm. This has already sent the Sheriff to my house for NO reason. They questioned me about my own home. And they STILL wont send a tech. Why bother with a "BOY WHO CRIED WOLF" company?

Sep 24, 2018

Gregory, thanks for your review. I apologize you've had this experience so far. I'd like to look for a fair resolution for you. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] so we can engage in a more detailed dialogue. Thanks again. --Scott

Amy
September 24th, 2018 Baytown, TX DETAILS

This company is a joke! I called the costumer service to disconnect my service and they told me I had to pay $3,000 for cancellation,and on top of that I had a contract with them for 60 months which I originally told would be 24 months! Bad reviews all around! #alderisascam

Sep 24, 2018

Hi Amy. Thanks for your review. I appreciate your feedback. Sorry things have been this way so far! I'd like to look for a resolution for you. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number. Thanks again! --Scott