Alder

5.7

Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry-leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option and ships the alarm systems directly to the customer's home.

The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder home security starts at $34.99 per month and requires a three-year contract.

Read the following Alder home security review below to see what the alarm company has to offer (e.g. equipment and policy details), as well as determine what customers have to say about the security provider.

The Good

• Alder Home Security Cost
  • Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required
  • Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder Home Security Cost

Alder home security systems start at $34.99 for monthly monitoring with no upfront fees and a three-year contract. Over the course of the 36-month contract, you'll pay close to $1,300. Alder customers also have a DIY installation option.

Alder has a price-lock guarantee, so you can have peace of mind that your plan cost will not increase over time. Alder's home security costs are on the lower end of security pricing, as many companies charge upwards of $40-$50 per month with extra installation and equipment fees.

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location.

Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Each Alder system also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire, smoke alarm, and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owners are in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but each Alder alarm system can potentially respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick.

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You may purchase an Alder security system with or without credit.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Touchscreen control panel
  • Glass break sensor
  • Smart door lock
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products.

The Bad

• Alder Home Security Reviews
  • Home Automation Limitations
  • Limited Pricing Information Online
  • Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder Home Security Reviews

Although not overwhelmingly negative, Alder home security reviews include a large number of low-star ratings, making its overall star-rating subpar. The majority of dissatisfied consumer reviews highlight a difficult cancellation process, cancellation fees, and deceiving contract lengths.

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the option for garage door access or small appliance control devices.

Existing home automation equipment includes smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts. However, these features (including the Alder app) likely cost extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website.

Limited Pricing Information Online

Alder does not list its pricing information on its website. This makes it difficult for customers to quickly compare Alder's pricing to other home security providers. The website encourages you to call an Alder representative to get a personalized quote.

Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder home security only offers cellular monitoring, neglecting wireless/broadband and landline monitoring equipment. This may be limiting to homeowners who prefer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options over cellular.

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. Alder's response time of three seconds also puts the company above the competition. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices.

Alder's home security system and video monitoring have affordable pricing and provides a price-lock guarantee. Alder doesn't offer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options. Instead, the security company only offers cellular monitoring, which is somewhat rare in the home security industry and may limit homeowners' options.

Customers should be aware that they must sign a three-year contract with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services, and customer reviews highlight a difficult and costly cancellation process. Alder's website does not list specific pricing on its website, so you'll need to contact the company for cost information. You can request a quote from the company by clicking any of the links to Alder in this review.

We suggest reading Alder home security reviews below before making your final purchasing decision.

Call our recommended rep over at Alder below.

2.7

Frances Geer San Antonio, TX

We signed up for Alder Security service by Brandon S. What an exceptional experience it was. I had thought of security for the home for years but because of Brandon's ability to explain and help me to choose a package that was the best for our family, it has become a reality. He was truly an exceptional representative for Alder's services. We are really happy that we at last have a security system for our home.

Janice Williams

Every time my alarm goes off they on top of it. I really likes it cause I’m a 69 year old female that live by myself in a area I don’t want to live in. But with this alarm I feel a little safe.

Robert & Sherita Trotter

We have been customers since May 2020 and we love Alder. Services are very affordable and the provide great service. If your alarm goes off for any reason they are sending you a text and calling you right away.

Linda Clearwater, FL

Only one experience which was a mistake that was created by my cat. However, ASAP Alder called, my friend emergency contact called and the police came to my home. I call that great response.

Alice Dunston Nashville, NC

No problems with system! Love it! The service has been great! Easy to use and I never had any problems with the service or the equipment! But most of all I love my outdoor camera! I can see from my entire driveway!

Rule Memphis, TN

Wonderful. Been with this for 1 year and the service has been nothing but on point. I was referred to Alder by a family member and I haven't had any problems. Thanks Again Alder

Andre Turner Boyle, MS

My experience with Alder has been great! My home security system was easy to setup. Customer service has been excellent. Great security system for a good price. Would definitely recommend!

Erica

Needs alot of improvement. Could have better customer service representatives. I'd like a call when my alarm is triggered not a text or email or nothing at all sometimes. Better security setups would make us feel safer. Better quality of camera's. Camera's are not good checking from the phone's especially at night time. Takes forever to load the app to even see the cameras. Camera's resolution is off jumps around. Camera's are not clear half the time. Poor quality in service.

Nelson

Great! Work exactly how I needed it to. The alarm is definitely loud, which helps with getting the neighbors attention also. And the police respond pretty quickly.

Sandy Bonacci Omaha, NE

I am disappointed with the limited area view of the cameras. Also, I was not advised there are 2 different charges from 2 different companies. Alder & Kami. The quality is not worth the charge.

Bennie Waggoner Porter, TX

Iffy at best!!! I have had issues with sensors not alerting when the doors were opened. I have had the panel go off when just sitting watching tv and alarm not armed. But the biggest complaint I have is I wasn't told that I need to register my alarm with the sherrifs department. I was fined for the false alarm and fined for not having my alarm registered. Really makes me want to do away with the alarm in all actuality.

Erin Norman, OK

My experience has been good. There have been a couple of strange occurrences of alarms being triggered that didn't have any reason to be but everything seems to be fine

Renee Wetumpka, AL

My alarm has went off many times. To this date not 1 type of authority has showed up. Delay in duration time in app and home system update time, Long wait times via phone in re to tech trouble shooting. False sensor readings

Wayne Fragola Hawley, PA

From the start , I Already knew what I wanted to order and the salesman was telling me you don't need to order all that . He was explaining all the ways to cover what I wanted to cover with less equipment. That in itself was refreshing. I was sent the receipt via email and the tracking number. After I received the alarm system I also received a phone call from customer service asking me if I had any question at that point. Again freshing. A few days later tech support called and asked how the install went and if I had any questions. I must say I really appreciated those phone calls. As for the install . It could not have been designed any easier. Every step was broke down to simplicity. When I did come up with a question , tech support clear it up after verifying the the accuracy of the answer . I felt reassured I was in good hands. If I was going to complain about anything it would be I was on hold for 10 minutes before I connected with a tech support agent and that in itself was not too bad.

Frankie Williams

The gentleman was at our house for the longest time to make sure that everything was set up correctly, and he was nice the entire time. He explained everything to us the entire way through. The numbers are much bigger with Alder, and the voices for when the door is opening isn't so loud. I definitely like the flow of Alder more than the other company I've used, and I'm glad I made the switch.

Reply from Alder

Frankie, thanks so much for your thoughts and feedback! Glad you chose Alder!

Jul. 3rd, 2018

Brenna F Colorado Springs, CO

Products are mediocre and they require cellular service to connect to dispatch (which we lacked due to living in the CO mountains). Customer service is unhelpful and, very frequently, dismissive and rude. We canceled our service due to lack of cellular coverage (not people able to connect to 911-dispatch was a deal-breaker) within 2 weeks of starting our trial and attempted to initiate the cancellation process so we would be reimbursed for the expensive upfront cost of equipment. Here we are 10 months later, still being billed and penalized (what Alder calls "bounce fees") for trying to cancel payments/service on our end because their customer service can't seem to cancel our account. We returned our equipment and were promised full reimbursement for that... still haven't seen a dime there. And our account is still "active" and being billed $60/month even though we never effectively set up our equipment and no longer own it - and, to our knowledge, we have canceled the service TWICE. I was billed as recently as yesterday, unbelievable. We have spoken to a different account rep to cancel our account 3x now over the last 10 months. And one customer service representative we spoke to, in particular, (I wish I could remember her name), refused to help me. She told me I owed a "bounce fee" that I have never been notified about (email or USPS mail) and refused to transfer me to the right department/person to cancel my account. She said I needed to settle the "bounce fee" to be transferred to the Accounts department or even to speak with her supervisor. Even though I can clearly see that I have been billed every month for the last 10 months on my credit card statements. And after I hung up with her and redialed the customer service number, the "bounce fee" was never mentioned. Most frustrating customer service call I have ever experienced. This company is the biggest scam when it comes to ending your service; they refuse to let you go. We've probably lost close to $1000 all-in "trying" this security service out and we still don't know if our 3rd attempt to cancel the service will succeed. Working with this company has been the biggest headache. SAVE YOUR MONEY and go with SIMPLISAFE. We have been with SimpliSafe since trying to cancel this service almost a year ago and it's cheaper, doesn't need a cell signal to connect to dispatch (just wifi), and is less than half the cost. I will never recommend this service to anyone I know. I will actively advise against it. I hope no one has to endure an experience like we have had - which is why I can't recommend enough taking your business elsewhere! DO NOT USE ALDER.

Vicki Richmond, TX

If I could do negative stars, I would. This company has the worst customer service. I called and was told my contract expired and then when I called to try and cancel my service because I've been unhappy with the service I was told my contract had auto renewed. Clearly not true and they refused to cancel. They lied about my fire alarms being connected to the alarm, lied about extending my contract when I added a camera. The doorbell camera is horrible. It has a sensor that keeps breaking so hasn't worked in months. The panel has a battery that keeps reading low battery and they can't fix so that stupid thing keeps going off. This is the worst company to do business with. Company trustworthiness is a JOKE.

none Tucson, AZ

good i was showing the wife how the system worked and after I got in the shower well she set the alarm off and I couldn't find my phone so the police were call and arrived in a matter of minutes

Gregory Francis Indianapolis, IN

I feel that the security system is way to basic. I feel like it's capable of doing more! The app needs to be revamped and redesigned. It's needs to have more capabilities like know the crime in your neighborhood and more user friendly.

Peter hondru Lake Worth, FL

Disappointed with the performance of the unit being able to continually monitor the door sensors from a very reasonable distance. The sensors keep disconnecting from the master station. Even after repeatedly replacing batteries in the sensors. We have been unable to reach a human being for help.

Dena Howard

Forgot to turn the alarm off as I was entering my home and nothing happened! It could've been someone breaking in.Also I put the wrong code in another time and I kept putting the wrong code in and nobody' called back. Once again it could've been someone breaking in

Weston Neely Magee, MS

The cameras that were sent to me don't link to the Adler app, no problem, the interface just needs to be merged between the two. My real problem is that the cameras that are supposed to last 4 months, might last 3 days, even when set to low sensitivity with 6 second recording. The cameras also won't pick anything up unless it's roughly 10 feet in front of them, any distance longer than that and they never pick it up.

Decline Seneca, SC

I purchased the Alder product after speaking with a sales person over the phone. I was told information that was misleading and turned out not to be true. I asked to discontinue the service but was told I couldn't do that. I cannot afford the service yet every month the continue to bill me. I have had to cut back on my prescriptions in order to continue to pay this bill. I don't understand why your company treats people this way.

Albert Pendlebury Blackfoot, ID

They have been very courteous, professional and prompt and got everything taken care of. They were good at explaining the new alarm system to us. They always answer quickly and we've never any problems that they didn't resolve. This company is less expensive than a previous company we had.

Reply from Alder

Albert, glad to hear you chose Alder! We hope you enjoy your system.

Johnette Jerrett Spring, TX

There is no bulky equipment and it's simple to use.The customer service is excellent. The installer was very, very professional and explained everything to me. My experience has been really good, they always call me right away if I put my code in wrong or go out the door without putting it in. It's a little pricey, but I'm willing to pay it.

Reply from Alder

Johnette, thanks for your review. We are happy to hear how you've enjoyed everything so far! Welcome to the Alder family.

Adrienne Lynch

As soon as I had a problem with my security code, I called them and it was handled very quickly. I think their equipment is up to date, and they make it has good quality. The service is great, very professional and courteous.

Reply from Alder

Adrienne, thanks for your review! Happy to hear from you about your feedback so far.

Jul. 3rd, 2018

Willie Johnson Spokane, WA

There were a couple of times when the alarm was set off and they were right on the phone with me to make sure everything was ok. The one thing is that they didn't tell me I'd have to pay a little extra instead of bringing my bill down but the service has been good.

Reply from Alder

Hi Willie. Thanks for your review. Please let us know if you ever need anything! We appreciate your feedback.

Jun. 28th, 2018

Dorothy Lattimore Newport News, VA

At this time I cannot think of anything I like. I dislike the fact that my panel stop functioning, sent it to the company as they requested. Have been waiting for the new panel for over a month. I have no service yet they debited my account. They give me the same bull every time I call. They got a tracking number from FedEx but have not sent the package to FedEx.

Teresa

I have nothing good to say about Alder. I’ve left a review before and my opinion has not changed at all. I can’t get past the rudeness of the lady that answered the phone when I called on day 29 of receiving my system to tell them I hadn't tried it yet. And the sales man was pushy also.

Brandie Jones

Have great success, no issues, my alarm went off one time and they called me immediately. Great Customer Service!

Daniel L Percoco

Pleasant and we like the features on the pad with a voice letting us know if our doors are open or closed

Paul Loiacono

Over all good. I wish they would’ve recommended a few more pieces of equipment. I feel that I am short a motion sensor and a glass break

Demarcus Memphis, TN

Well to be honest my back door sensor went out 3 months ago. I talk with customer service bout this was the second time it went out no response. My alarm was triggered because door was not fully closed the response team called and ask if it was a false alarm and I said yes but still had the local mpd come out and I was charged.

Caiti Austin, TX

I like the notification of the door opening, but I feel I didn't get enough time to consider my agreement and now feel stuck in a contract I no longer want.

Levelta Jenkins Carlsbad, NM

It was relatively easy to install. It works and we get calls when the alarm goes off. Our prior security monitoring company did not call.

Scott Rochester, MN

The service is great. But needed a replacement camera. It took weeks to get it. They're parts department needs to speed up a lot.

Patricia Greensboro, NC

Overall satisfaction but had a few alarm trips that did not result in the company calling to check to see if there was a breach.

Nehem Brown Savannah, GA

Best system, easy to use, no problems, and love how you can run tests to make sure the system is working correctly.

Reece Bernard Atlanta, GA

I got the package they offered and realized it was not enough to protect my home. I called to ask about purchasing more equipment. The rep I was talking to would not answer any of my questions and kept repeating the same bullet points clearly from a script. They are pretty cheap so for value I gave them a 3 When talking to a rep and deciding on my package I was given something that clearly would not fit my needs, so for quality I would give a 2. Customer service was terrible. I did call at 8am EST so maybe the Utah center is better. The seller sold me a product that clearly would not fit my needs, the company allows you to opt out of selling your personal information, but there is a 45 day wait period. I tried to do the easy return for your money and told me I have to wait to return it and get my money back. I wish I could give a zero for Company trustworthiness.

Sharon Dees Laurens, SC

Sometimes it's confusing when I set my alarm or when they're testing the equipment I don't know how to shut it down. They're just friendly and efficient. It's a little pricey for me.

Reply from Alder

Hi Sharon. Glad to hear your thoughts. Thanks for your review!

Jul. 9th, 2018

Bettye Perry Meridian, MS

The young man that came out here was very nice and really respectful and courteous. He explained everything about the system. The system is doing good and they have responded quickly.

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your review! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Ricky Carrington Magnolia, AR

It's a very high tech system with a reasonable price. They were excellent in how they explained how it works. If I have a problem they are very happy to come out to help me or or explain it over the phone .

Reply from Alder

Ricky, thank you for your review. Glad to have you join the Alder family.

Eunice Finch Newport News, VA

This is a very good, simple, effective system. It has the highest technology in its category and a good monthly price. Customer service is good, they have called and checked back with us and made sure it was operating well.

Reply from Alder

Eunice--we appreciate hearing your feedback. Thanks!

Frederick Ritter Norfolk, VA

Whenever I've had issues they've promptly resolved them for me. I like having the newest technology like the doorbell camera, and also controlling the alarm system through the app on my phone.

Reply from Alder

Frederick--thanks for your review! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Jun. 28th, 2018

Barry Simon Spokane, WA

Met Harrison--sales rep, last night. His knowledge of the product impressed me enough to invite him in. Because he was new to the company...he requested permission to invite his supervisor to the house. His supervisor arrived within minutes. Their professionalism impressed me enough to listen to their information. I purchased the product. As soon as the deal was made, they contacted an installer, who arrived within 15 minutes...and went to work. Within 45 minutes, our system was installed. The technician stayed and insured that, we understood the system completely..to include test runs. Best customer service I have ever received as a new customer.

Reply from Alder

Barry, thanks so much for your feedback! We are happy you had a great experience with your Alder reps. Thanks for choosing Alder!

Jun. 1st, 2018

Katie Brown Baton Rouge, LA

Enjoyed my experience talking with Rob. He was very thoughtful an courteous in explaining the use and options of their product and use of the Adler Alarm system. He was very detailed in explaining cost and installation process an also how long it will take for the technicians to install the Alarm system. The Technicians was knowledgeable an took time to walk me through in using the digital display control panel. They also gave me new key remotes to put on my key chain so I can activate or deactivate without using the display panel. Also gave me a "Life Alert" also to wear as a necklace for convenience. I will definitely recommend Alder to family, neighbors an friends. Thanks again!!!

Reply from Alder

Thanks for your detailed review, Katie. We appreciate all your feedback, and we are so happy you had a great experience with Rob. Thanks for choosing Alder! We look forward to serving you.

Apr. 23rd, 2018

Evelyn Reserve, LA

Was on vacation across the country in November. Got call from Alder that my fire alarm was going off. Fire department was called and didn't see any problem. Same thing happened about 1/2 hour later. I was panicked to say the least. When I got home a week later found it had gotten COLD! Alder should know if their alarm is for cold or heat.

Christina

I’ve had a frustrating experience. Long wait times consistently with customer service and technicians. Feels very small scale and not on the same level as ADT.

Mayo Holloway

My experience has been great,I have been pleased ever since I got Alder,Great customer service

Grant D

Good so far, but I think the follow up after the sale has been sub standard. No one called to follow up on product performance