6.7

Alder

verified
Price: $29.99+/Month

Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option with no service windows by shipping the alarm systems directly to the customer's home. The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder believes in total home safety and uniquely provides more equipment to cover more of the home compared to other home security providers that are focused on door-to-door sales.

The Good

• Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Affordable Plans
  • Full Equipment
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location. Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Affordable Plans and Price Lock Guarantee

Alder alarm systems are affordably priced starting at $29.99. This is on the lower end of home security pricing plans. Alder also ensures a price lock guarantee, so you don't have to worry about your plan continually getting more expensive.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensor
  • Smart door locks
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants feature an alert button that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owner is in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick!

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

The Bad

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the options for garage door access or small appliance control devices.

However, this doesn't mean that Alder is completely lacking home automation functions. Quite the contrary. Home automation features such as smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts are all included. This likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website. Interested individuals are encouraged to reach out to the company for more information.

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices. Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price lock guarantee. However, customers should be aware that they must sign a relatively long-term contract (3-year contract) with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services. Read Alder security reviews below to see what current and past homeowners using Alder's services have to say about its customer service, equipment, and monthly monitoring.

Call our recommended rep over at Alder below.

3.7

Karen Cooper
September 17th, 2018 Macon, NC DETAILS

I am really upset that this company( Alder )didn't tell me that this freaking contract was binding for 5 years or else you will have to pay over 3 grand to get out of the contract!!! I really want to get out of this companies grasps because I had a decrease in income and I cannot afford it anymore. I don't want a lesser plan but I want out of this completely!

[email protected]Sep 17, 2018

Karen, thanks for your review. Sorry this has been your experience so far! We're happy to defer payments for you or look into other solutions. Please reach out to us at [email protected] so that we can have a more detailed dialogue. Thanks again. --Scott

Crystal Norris
September 17th, 2018 Gadsden, AL DETAILS

My door was kicked in back in July. Alder did not tell officers to ask for a verbal password! I have been trying to cancel since. My alarm system hasn't worked since due to the key pad being smashed and door sensor being knock completely off. I am still being charged 60 each month for services that I am not using and Alder is continuing to tell me to hold to look in further to my account with no resolution. My next step is a lawyer! This is ridiculous, and I advise NO ONE TO USE THERE services!

[email protected]Sep 18, 2018

Crystal, thank you for your review. I apologize for what has happened. Please reach out to us at [email protected] so that we can make sure your concerns are fully resolved. Thanks again. --Scott

Rhonda Mueller
September 17th, 2018 Wasilla, AK DETAILS

I had Alder for years, whenever we went on vacation and armed the house there was always a malfunction. Finally got tired of being stressed while away from home so called and canceled the service. They were very rude on the phone and stated I had a contract with them. I told them I had the unsigned contract right in front of me and even sent them a copy of the unsigned contract with the bogus bill they sent me. Then they stated I committed over the phone which makes no sense if I wouldn’t even sign a hard copy. I stopped the auto payments and continue to get bills in the mail and threatened to be turned over to collections. I kept getting calls from them so blocked their number or just don’t answer if I don’t know who the call is from. This is a bully company and I would not recommend.

[email protected]Sep 18, 2018

Thanks for your review, Rhonda. Sorry that you've had this experience so far. I'd like to look into your account and work towards a resolution with you. Please feel free to reach us via [email protected] so that we can have a more detailed dialogue. Thanks again. --Scott

Debra McMillian-Marshall
September 14th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

This company is not reliable. I have been trying to cancel my service with no resolution. I have contacted the CEO, so far no resolution. I can no longer afford this system due to limited income. Please can someone look into this and contact me

[email protected]Sep 14, 2018

Debra, thanks for leaving a review! I appreciate your feedback, and I apologize that things have gone this way so far. I reviewed your account and want to look into possible further options than you've already been given. Please contact us at [email protected] so that we can work to resolve your concerns. Thanks again! --Scott

Charlotte Leach
September 14th, 2018 Decatur, AL DETAILS

I ve been trying to cancel my account. After 4 transfers, 50 minutes, I am told by an account representative: We can only send a cancellation by USPS. No overnight, no email.no credit card payment. I never engage the system. Batteries die and beep. The equipment becomes unusual and beep. It is hot wired into my house and I can only shut it off for a week.

[email protected]Sep 14, 2018

Hi Charlotte. Thank you for your review. Sorry this has been your experience so far! I'd like to make sure we resolve your concerns. Looks like we mailed out a cancellation form for you just earlier today. You can watch for that in the mail, but also, feel free to email us at [email protected] so we can make sure things get taken care of. Thanks again. --Scott

Kristen Sorrells
September 10th, 2018 Hope, AR

WARNING‼️I have had the worst experience EVER dealing with this company. Dating back to June when the system was installed, first they left my house with wires hanging everywhere because the lady clearly had no clue of what she was doing and had to come back the next day because it had taken her like well over 2 hours already and she still couldn’t figure out what was wrong. So, the next day she finally got it figured out and then later that night we couldn’t even set the alarm because every time we armed it for stay the alarm went off. She came back and supposedly fixed it but didn’t so they had to send someone else out the next WEEK! During this time while we waited. we went on vacation and came back to my son bike being stolen and went to look back on our cameras and GUESS WHAT THEY HAD STOPPED WORKING FOR THE WHOLE WEEK WE WERE GONE ON VACATION!😡 So we couldn’t even reference the camera to see who had stolen my son bike. Then when the man came he took my motion detector that I had told them I wanted and said I could keep it over the phone but the installer said he was told to replaced it with a glass break censor which I already had! Then on top of all this they never canceled my previous alarm system like they said they had so we were charged for two systems in a months time. THEN to top that off I was lied to about what all features they system had that I told them I really liked about my old system like being able to control my Heat and Air. After all this I was just FED UP! So I called the representative that sold it to us to cancel it and he told me he was taking care of it but DIDNT because I found out just last week they had billed me for it on August 20, 2018 and THEN I was charged more for it than I what I was told I would be! So when I called to cancel they were no help! They were rude! Tried to manipulate me into keeping the system and refused to discuss with me my options, claimed they could only mail it to me. So I just got it in the mail today and it stated I MUST PAY 90% ($3,000) of agreement before canceling...otherwise the payments will continue!!😡 So i called and I just got off the phone and again they tried to manipulate me! NO WAY! And I will not be paying for crap that was sold to me under FALSE CLAIMS!

[email protected]Sep 10, 2018

Kristen, thanks for your review. I appreciate your feedback, and I apologize for what has happened so far. I'd like to look over your account and figure out the best resolution with you. Please contact us at [email protected] so we can engage in a more detailed dialogue. Thanks again. --Scott

Jennifer
September 6th, 2018 Hartsville, SC DETAILS

We tried,to cancel but they said its,gonna cost it. But they are charging us $30 and,then another $30 every month this is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

[email protected]Sep 06, 2018

Hi Jennifer. Thanks for your review. Sorry that you feel this way so far! Let's resolve your concerns--we invite you to reach out to us at [email protected] with your account info so that we can help you feel more comfortable about your account and system. Thanks again. --Scott

Lisa McBee
September 6th, 2018 Southlake, TX DETAILS

I have moved from my home where I used Alder. I no longer need the services as my new home has a different system installed. I called today to cancel my service and they indicate that I have no option to do so. That either the new buyers can take over the account or that I can transfer my account. They indicated that I would have to pay a 90% penalty should I simply cancel but could not tell me what that amount would be. They indicated they could only send that information to me via regular mail, which will take days. They said there was no option to send the info via email or even provide the info to me over the phone. This is a BAD, MANIPULATIVE business practice, leaving customers in the dark about their billing/customer service practices. I will be contacting the BBB about this company. I will also be leaving bad review on social media sites, warning my friends and family of this tyrannical company. I have requested a supervisor call me but have yet to hear from them. What happened to the customer is always right? What happened to business transparency? This is totally unacceptable.

[email protected]Sep 06, 2018

Hi Lisa. Thanks for your review. We apologize that you've had this experience so far! Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your account info so that we can come to a resolution for you and make things go more smoothly. Thanks again. --Scott

Marcus Hanna
September 4th, 2018 Wellston, OK DETAILS

The system installed is not what I was told I would be receiving and the 2 year contract was actually a 5 year. The smoke alarm goes off at random times even if I set it outside in the fresh air ( I live in the country so it really is fresh air). Unfortunately I didn't catch it being a 5 year contract because the sales rep who came to my house told me it was only a 2 year and I trusted him like an idiot. Now if I want to cancel they want 90% of the remaining charges for the service that I don't even use so I am just stuck with it for now. Over all I wouldn't suggest this service to anyone.

[email protected]Sep 04, 2018

Hi Marcus. Thanks for your review. Sorry you feel this way so far! I'd like to help resolve your concerns concerning the agreement length and the smoke detector. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number. Thanks again. --Scott

Pamela Rayford
August 27th, 2018 Killeen, TX

OMG!!! I just had a crook ring my doorbell!! :O People PLEASE be wary of service technicians coming by your home unexpectedly! I have had ADT home security for 10 yrs. I have and ADT sign posted outside and stickers on my home window. Just now (approximately 10 minutes ago) my doorbell rang. Upon answering, there was a young man at the door dressed in shorts a dark blue collared t-shirt and dark blue baseball cap wearing a lanyard around his neck. The young man proceeded to tell me he was from ADT and was sent to "update" my home security system with a new "chip". He stated he needed to enter my home to see my security keypad. I informed him I do not allow strangers inside my home without prior coordination, announcement from their company that they are coming. I stepped outside to speak to him. He goes on to show me a pamphlet w/a picture of my ADT home security system keypad in it. I verified the picture was indeed my keypad. He then begins to tell me that if there was military in the home, they could get a discount but that he needed to enter my home to update the pad with a new chip. I verify that I'm retired military. He then asks my name and information and attempts to fill out paperwork w/said information. At this point I notice the word "Alder" printed on the left breast of his t-shirt, his lanyard, his baseball cap and his pamphlet. I ask him "what is Alder"? He begins to stutter and tells me it is a section of ADT. I ask him to leave the pamphlet, let me look over it, google Alder and verify w/ADT that they had in deed dispatched him to my home. He then begins to double speak about how if I called ADT they would tell me Alder was a separate company. I turn away while he is talking and go back into my home. He continues on down my block. I google Alder once inside and find they are a security company who uses deceptive business practices to get people to use their services. I then called ADT....who verified they had sent NO ONE out to update my system!!!! I would like to warn the general public about this company.

[email protected]Aug 27, 2018

Hi Pamela. Thanks for your review! I appreciate hearing what happened, and I apologize for this experience. We are a legitimate alarm company, and I apologize for the choices that particular sales rep made and his being unclear with you. Do you remember his name or badge number? I'd like to make sure this doesn't happen again. Feel free to email me at [email protected] with a response. Thanks again. --Scott, Alder Account Resolutions.

Lovie Fairs
August 20th, 2018 Cleveland, MS DETAILS

We cancelled with this company because they lied to my 80 year old mother now they continue to call and harass her

[email protected]Aug 20, 2018

Thanks for your review. We apologize that this is how things have gone so far! I would love to make sure your concerns get fully resolved--feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] with the account number or phone number associated with the account. Thanks again. --Scott

Sarah glick
August 13th, 2018 Tarpon Springs, FL DETAILS

Called about some motion sensors on June 6,2018 stayed they have been mailed out today is August 10th still have not received anything this Company is a joke. Do not sign up.

[email protected]Aug 13, 2018

Hi Sarah. Thanks for your review. Sorry for your concerns! I'd like to make sure we're taking care of you. Please email us at [email protected] so that we can have a more detailed dialogue and expedite those sensors to you. Thanks again. --Scott

Katrina Ruth
August 6th, 2018 Longmont, CO DETAILS

Alder continues to bill us monthly after we cancelled more than a year ago. They have now provided 13 months of refunds because they have not been able to stop the continued billed despite acknowledging that they did receive our cancellation in writing in May2017. This month, again, I received an additional automatic draft for Alder. I have to take time from MY business day to call during their billing department's hours to solve THEIR issue. It is frustrating and seems never ending. Do Not Use this company.

[email protected]Aug 06, 2018

Thanks for your review. I apologize for your frustration. We want to make sure we send another month's refund to you as soon as possible. Please call our account resolutions team at 844-442-5337 Ext 752. Thanks again!

Anne Senegal
July 30th, 2018 Rayne, LA DETAILS

I am satisfied with the services of Alder. The agents were very informative and polite and friendly. I feel safe in my home with the home service from alder.

[email protected]Jul 31, 2018

Hi Anne, thanks for posting a review! We hope you continue to enjoy using your system.

Carol Gunter
July 30th, 2018 Alexandria, LA DETAILS

System is very easy to use. System gives plenty of time to disarm the away mode

[email protected]Jul 31, 2018

Thank you for your review, Carol! We're glad you like your system! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Mimi
July 31st, 2018 Birmingham, AL

Got a my mother's system installed about 2 weeks ago. Skyler was awesome. We got great customer service. If you all had a scale 1 to 10 and 10 being the highest. I would have given him a 10.

[email protected]Jul 31, 2018

Thanks for your review, Mimi! Glad to hear Skyler did a great job! Welcome to the Alder family.

Alyse
July 30th, 2018 Anniston, AL DETAILS

Service is horrible. I never received my equipment that was promised and they claim I can not cancel my service.

[email protected]Jul 30, 2018

Alyse, thanks for your review. Sorry for how things have gone so far! Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number so we can get your concerns resolved and go forward more smoothly. Thanks again.

LILLIAN BELL
July 30th, 2018 Alexandria, LA DETAILS

THIS COMPANY IS DETERMINED TO WORSEN IT'S RECORD. FIRST OF ALL, COULDN'T GET IN TOUCH WITH ANYBODY TO CANCEL UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE, SO THEY SAY. THEY SENT A REPLY THAT THEY WERE TRYING TO CONTACT US TO PICK UP THEIR EQUIPPMENT, AND THEY WOULD REFUND THE CHARGES. NOT ONLY IS THAT NOT TELLING THE TRUTH, THAT THEY TRIED TO MAKE CONTACT, THAT IS SO VERY NOT TRUE. CALL WAITING WOULD HAVE INDICATED CALLS MISSED WHEN I CHECKED. ALSO, IN A MONTHS TIME I HAVE BEEN BILLED TWICE IN JUNE, AND EARLY JULY, AND NEITHER AMOUNT WAS THE PRICE QUOTED, BUT MUCH HIGHER AND TO TOP IT OFF, IT LOOKS LIKE THEY HAVE CHANGED THEIR NAME?

[email protected]Jul 09, 2018

Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear this has been your experience with Alder so far. Of course, we never leave any customer hanging with two bills to pay, and we are more than happy to proceed with a buyout check. Please reach out to us at [email protected], or call our account resolutions team at 844-442-5337 Ext 752. Thanks. --Scott

Debra Hall
July 30th, 2018 Lexington, SC

A young man came to my house to see about putting a sign in my yard in order to advertise their business. He talked his way in the door and kept pushing his service. He didn't mention that in order to install the sign we had to sign up for the service to last for 3 years and also put a card on file. He was really pushy when I refused to put my card on file. He then left without giving me any information on how to contact the company for later on questions. In my opinion this is not the way to earn customers.

[email protected]Jul 30, 2018

Debra, thanks for your review. We appreciate your thoughts. But we also apologize this has been your experience so far! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or account number so that we can resolve any concerns you still may have. Also, our number is 844-442-5337 for your reference. Thanks again.

Stella V Carpenter
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

Great customer service, Always polite and very helpful

[email protected]Jul 23, 2018

Stella, thanks for your review!

Mckinney Gilbert
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

Service guys stop by and check system 2 make sure batteries and good and system is working properly

[email protected]Jul 23, 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. Let us know if you need anything.

James Lindsey, Longview
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

iTS' SIMPLE, EASY TO SET, AND MY FAMILY FEELS MUCH SAFER WITH THE ALDER SYSTEM INSTALLED. GO FOR IT!!

[email protected]Jul 23, 2018

Thanks for your review and enthusiasm about the system!

Charles Wiant
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

You haven't removed your equiptment after we canceled service.

[email protected]Jul 23, 2018

Charles, thanks for your review. Sorry for your frustration. Please reach out to us at 844-442-5337 if you need any follow up with your system.

Wanda Price
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

They provide Excellent service every time.

[email protected]Jul 23, 2018

Hi Wanda. Thank you for leaving a review!

Delores Davis
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

Very responsive and reliable. I believe that Alder would be there whenever we need them to respond to a problem or to get help of some kind.

[email protected]Jul 23, 2018

Delores, thank you for your review. We hope you enjoy your system!

Anoymous
July 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

They are not a company that I will ever use again. They are shady and unwilling to work with its customers. They try to trick you into a contract when you clearly state you can not be in a contract. Then they try to make you pay an outrageous price for their service that you will not even be getting.

[email protected]Jul 23, 2018

Thank you for your review. We apologize things have gone this way so far! We'd love to make sure we rectify things and provide you a resolution. Please, reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number. Thanks again.

Melody Brown
July 23rd, 2018 Corsicana, TX DETAILS

Dishonest company that does not follow through. Their salesperson lied his way into our home. Now they consistently disconnect the call when l contact them. They have yet to send me documentation that they promised, and when I asked to speak to a manager, they hung up.

[email protected]Jul 23, 2018

Thank you for your review. We apologize for what has happened thus far and want to ensure a resolution is reached. Please contact us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number. Thanks again.

Brittany
July 23rd, 2018 Monongahela, PA DETAILS

If I could give 0 stars I would. Our salesperson told us to give him a month’s notice if we ever want to cancel. We haven’t been able to contact him since he sold us our system which was 7 months ago. Customer service is a joke and told us there is nothing they can do about it. Terrible service, I wouldn’t want anyone to get this security system. A waste of money for months because no one will help us cancel our service.

[email protected]Jul 23, 2018

Thanks for your review. I apologize that this has been your experience so far. I'd like to change that and get things rolling more smoothly for you. Please, reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number. Thanks again.

Theresa Gonzales
July 16th, 2018 DETAILS

No calls to verify active alarm being set off. Calls for confirmation. Including when Smoke Alarm activates

[email protected]Jul 19, 2018

Theresa, thanks for your review. Please reach out to us as needed at 844-442-5337.

Stanley Eason
July 16th, 2018 DETAILS

I like the way it works in the house and the voice of the machine telling you that the front door and the back door is open

[email protected]Jul 19, 2018

Thanks for your review, Stanley!

Patricia T. Hicks
July 16th, 2018 DETAILS

Have not had any problems with Alder when calling for service. Response time is good.

[email protected]Jul 19, 2018

Hi Patricia. Thanks for your review!

Natasha
July 16th, 2018 DETAILS

Monthly fee was more than I was quoted. Was told the battery would last 6 months on each camera and I've already had to charge both of them. Most times the live feed doesn't load.

[email protected]Jul 21, 2018

Natasha, thanks for your review. I want to make sure things go more smoothly for you. Please know that you can call our tech support team directly at 844-442-5337 Ext 731 if you need anything. You may also contact us at [email protected] if you have any other outstanding concerns.

DiRhonda Gosey
July 16th, 2018 DETAILS

Great company very good customer service

[email protected]Jul 21, 2018

Hi, thank you for leaving a review!

BH
July 16th, 2018 DETAILS

Horrible support no follow up not actually providing service

[email protected]Jul 21, 2018

Thank you for your review. We apologize this has been your experience so far! Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone number or Alder account number so that we can identify all your concerns and come to a resolution for you. Thanks again.

Theresa Charlot
July 11th, 2018 Church Point, LA DETAILS

They are respectful and honest. I think it's the most safe system for our home.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Theresa--thanks for leaving a review for us!

Robin Mcginnis
July 11th, 2018 Spokane, WA DETAILS

This Alder system is a great deal. They have been very friendly and prompt.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Robin, thank you for taking time for leaving a review!

Dawn Whatley
July 11th, 2018 Baytown, TX DETAILS

I recommend this company to everyone. I can call and they'll help me walk through the system if I need it. I work late and I like having this.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Thanks for your remarks, Dawn! Glad to hear you're happy with the system!

Howard Swinton
July 11th, 2018 Morrilton, AR DETAILS

We chose this company because of their updated equipment. Customer service hasn't returned all of our calls.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Hi Howard, thanks for your review. We apologize for your experience so far. Please reach out to us at [email protected] so we can make sure your concerns are resolved and you have a smoother experience going forward. Thank you. --Scott

Bettye Perry
July 11th, 2018 Meridian, MS DETAILS

The young man that came out here was very nice and really respectful and courteous. He explained everything about the system. The system is doing good and they have responded quickly.

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Thanks for your review! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Ricky Carrington
July 11th, 2018 Magnolia, AR DETAILS

It's a very high tech system with a reasonable price. They were excellent in how they explained how it works. If I have a problem they are very happy to come out to help me or or explain it over the phone .

[email protected]Jul 11, 2018

Ricky, thank you for your review. Glad to have you join the Alder family.