Alder Logo

Alder

6.4

Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry-leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option and ships the alarm systems directly to the customer's home.

The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder home security starts at $34.99 per month and requires a three-year contract.

Read the following Alder home security review below to see what the alarm company has to offer (e.g. equipment and policy details), as well as determine what customers have to say about the security provider.

The Good

• Alder Home Security Cost
  • Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required
  • Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder Home Security Cost

Alder home security systems start at $34.99 for monthly monitoring with no upfront fees and a three-year contract. Over the course of the 36-month contract, you'll pay close to $1,300. Alder customers also have a DIY installation option.

Alder has a price-lock guarantee, so you can have peace of mind that your plan cost will not increase over time. Alder's home security costs are on the lower end of security pricing, as many companies charge upwards of $40-$50 per month with extra installation and equipment fees.

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location.

Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Each Alder system also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire, smoke alarm, and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owners are in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but each Alder alarm system can potentially respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick.

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You may purchase an Alder security system with or without credit.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Touchscreen control panel
  • Glass break sensor
  • Smart door lock
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products.

The Bad

• Alder Home Security Reviews
  • Home Automation Limitations
  • Limited Pricing Information Online
  • Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder Home Security Reviews

Although not overwhelmingly negative, Alder home security reviews include a large number of low-star ratings, making its overall star-rating subpar. The majority of dissatisfied consumer reviews highlight a difficult cancellation process, cancellation fees, and deceiving contract lengths.

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the option for garage door access or small appliance control devices.

Existing home automation equipment includes smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts. However, these features (including the Alder app) likely cost extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website.

Limited Pricing Information Online

Alder does not list its pricing information on its website. This makes it difficult for customers to quickly compare Alder's pricing to other home security providers. The website encourages you to call an Alder representative to get a personalized quote.

Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder home security only offers cellular monitoring, neglecting wireless/broadband and landline monitoring equipment. This may be limiting to homeowners who prefer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options over cellular.

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. Alder's response time of three seconds also puts the company above the competition. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices.

Alder's home security system and video monitoring have affordable pricing and provides a price-lock guarantee. Alder doesn't offer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options. Instead, the security company only offers cellular monitoring, which is somewhat rare in the home security industry and may limit homeowners' options.

Customers should be aware that they must sign a three-year contract with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services, and customer reviews highlight a difficult and costly cancellation process. Alder's website does not list specific pricing on its website, so you'll need to contact the company for cost information. You can request a quote from the company by clicking any of the links to Alder in this review.

We suggest reading Alder home security reviews below before making your final purchasing decision.

Call our recommended rep over at Alder below.

2.7

Evelyn Reserve, LA

Was on vacation across the country in November. Got call from Alder that my fire alarm was going off. Fire department was called and didn't see any problem. Same thing happened about 1/2 hour later. I was panicked to say the least. When I got home a week later found it had gotten COLD! Alder should know if their alarm is for cold or heat.

Vicki Richmond, TX

If I could do negative stars, I would. This company has the worst customer service. I called and was told my contract expired and then when I called to try and cancel my service because I've been unhappy with the service I was told my contract had auto renewed. Clearly not true and they refused to cancel. They lied about my fire alarms being connected to the alarm, lied about extending my contract when I added a camera. The doorbell camera is horrible. It has a sensor that keeps breaking so hasn't worked in months. The panel has a battery that keeps reading low battery and they can't fix so that stupid thing keeps going off. This is the worst company to do business with. Company trustworthiness is a JOKE.

Dorothy Lattimore Newport News, VA

At this time I cannot think of anything I like. I dislike the fact that my panel stop functioning, sent it to the company as they requested. Have been waiting for the new panel for over a month. I have no service yet they debited my account. They give me the same bull every time I call. They got a tracking number from FedEx but have not sent the package to FedEx.

ROBIN COTTRELL GLENN Cincinnati, OH

This is the WORST company.. They lie!! HORRIBLE customer service!! A bunch of none clear speaking individuals staff their customer service call center!! They REFUSE to answer questions and REFUSE to elevate complaint calls.. I was told my contract is theo 60 months.. THAT IS TOTALLY BOGUS!!! I HATE ALDER and will do whatever I have to do to be RID OF THEM!!! ALDER SUCKS

Rebecca Pratt Columbus, OH

Would give them no stars if it was an option. They cancelled our account and kept taking money out of our account & now tell us we have to keep paying even though the equipment wouldn't work right, they wouldn't send a service tech to our home (sent us parts to fix ourselves), Would never recommend this company to anyone for anything.

Desiree Wallace Tempe, AZ

Alder is about trapping people into long term contracts and NOT about customer service. They fly under the thin line of legality, but ethically they are black hearted and fly over the line with a smirk.

Disappointed Customer Irving, TX

This company, Alder, took advantage of my 78 year old mother with the 5-year contract deal and now she will have to pay them to get out of it. I cannot manage her account online because they have shut off communications to do that so you will need to call Alder and they, the reps, constantly give you the run around. This is one of the worst companies that I have ever had to deal with and would never recommend anyone to this company. What a scam this is!

Reece Bernard Atlanta, GA

I got the package they offered and realized it was not enough to protect my home. I called to ask about purchasing more equipment. The rep I was talking to would not answer any of my questions and kept repeating the same bullet points clearly from a script. They are pretty cheap so for value I gave them a 3 When talking to a rep and deciding on my package I was given something that clearly would not fit my needs, so for quality I would give a 2. Customer service was terrible. I did call at 8am EST so maybe the Utah center is better. The seller sold me a product that clearly would not fit my needs, the company allows you to opt out of selling your personal information, but there is a 45 day wait period. I tried to do the easy return for your money and told me I have to wait to return it and get my money back. I wish I could give a zero for Company trustworthiness.

donna 60 Ashtabula, OH

customer service is terrible. pressured parents into buying a 5 year contract which is useless in their area. They were supposed to able to cancel if moved. They are now in a different state the house has been sold and they continue to refuse to act because my mom can't remember her verbal password. We have verified account by 3 other means. Have spent hours trying to get contract cancelled even though they are in a nursing home.

George Happler Norcross, GA

Most unprofessional company I have ever worked with. Could get no service whatsoever on defective equipment Paid two years on a five year contract with equipment not operating. After completing 60 months of payments called to cancel service three times to no avail. Received threatening letters demanding payment. Will have to turn it over to attorney. STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE AS YOU CAN!

Dale Layne Cleveland, OH

A complete rip off, purchased 3 cameras from them, they don’t install. Customer service is the worst I have ever had to deal with. Alarm goes off for no reason all times of the day for no reason. I guess the only good thing is I am getting to know the police pretty good thanks to the false alarms.

Joyce Hernandez Crockett, TX

Alder is the worst alarm system ever. I've been with them 2or3 weeks and my system don't work properly. They want me to wait 2 months before they send someone out to fix it. They guy name Christopher C want respond to my calls. Someone was supposed to come out today. No one showed up. I hate I ever i signed up with alder. So I will tell everyone to think twice before signing up with this company. They will charge you for everything. They said they wasn't going to charge me until they fix it. I'll see cause their word ain't worth nothing.

Michael Schulz Menomonee Falls, WI

Deceptive sales practices! Initially states that there just coming in to make an upgrade to the present system not saying a complete change to a different system! CON MAN sales tactic, takes advantage of seniors! Then they say that there's local support for the equipment. Still waiting for sensors to be replaced after 2 YEARS.

Moore

Hate it, costumer service is never available to help. I’m always being hung up on so they never answer questions

Angel

No issues so far, easy to set and relaible system

Shelia Caison

They have always followed up and are very helpful.

Angela

Could be better with customer service need to work on it

Gerard Russo

They have been prompt when needed and always available

Brandie Jones

Have great success, no issues, my alarm went off one time and they called me immediately. Great Customer Service!

Christina

I’ve had a frustrating experience. Long wait times consistently with customer service and technicians. Feels very small scale and not on the same level as ADT.

Robert Kohlhofer

They get you and forget you. They make promises just to shut you up. Stay away. promises to help solve your problem, then make excuses. Stay away!!

Teresa

I have nothing good to say about Alder. I’ve left a review before and my opinion has not changed at all. I can’t get past the rudeness of the lady that answered the phone when I called on day 29 of receiving my system to tell them I hadn't tried it yet. And the sales man was pushy also.

Mayo Holloway

My experience has been great,I have been pleased ever since I got Alder,Great customer service

Daniel L Percoco

Pleasant and we like the features on the pad with a voice letting us know if our doors are open or closed

Paul Loiacono

Over all good. I wish they would’ve recommended a few more pieces of equipment. I feel that I am short a motion sensor and a glass break

JACQUELINE WILTZ

6 second its not long enough to look at someone breaking into your home

Erica

Needs alot of improvement. Could have better customer service representatives. I'd like a call when my alarm is triggered not a text or email or nothing at all sometimes. Better security setups would make us feel safer. Better quality of camera's. Camera's are not good checking from the phone's especially at night time. Takes forever to load the app to even see the cameras. Camera's resolution is off jumps around. Camera's are not clear half the time. Poor quality in service.

Nelson

Great! Work exactly how I needed it to. The alarm is definitely loud, which helps with getting the neighbors attention also. And the police respond pretty quickly.

William

Range of devices to control panel is less than expected

Teresa

A bit disappointing that I wasn’t explained the different contracts before signing updated

Private

Hard to get in touch with and it’s like buying a car, they’ll promise and tell you anything to sell the product and very pushy. You do it now or you don’t get it no research possible

Andre Michel colas

Once you signed the contract it will take for ever to get them on the phone, I have of alarm didn’t work and I get gold of rhem

Victor

Horrible do mot waste your time. The customer service is horrible.

Thomas George Goebel

very good and courteous and very helpful and knowledgeable

Robert & Sherita Trotter

We have been customers since May 2020 and we love Alder. Services are very affordable and the provide great service. If your alarm goes off for any reason they are sending you a text and calling you right away.

Janice Williams

Every time my alarm goes off they on top of it. I really likes it cause I’m a 69 year old female that live by myself in a area I don’t want to live in. But with this alarm I feel a little safe.

Grant D

Good so far, but I think the follow up after the sale has been sub standard. No one called to follow up on product performance

Stacey Parker Kenner, LA

Alder continuously calls my phone number and I do not have service (and I don't know anyone who does) with this company. I call them and ask that they not call me anymore and they refuse to remove my number from their systems. They are harrassing me and won't stop.

Gregory Francis Indianapolis, IN

I feel that the security system is way to basic. I feel like it's capable of doing more! The app needs to be revamped and redesigned. It's needs to have more capabilities like know the crime in your neighborhood and more user friendly.

Matthew Juliar Seguin, TX

Awesome and live customer service and outstanding support group ....

Sandy Bonacci Omaha, NE

I am disappointed with the limited area view of the cameras. Also, I was not advised there are 2 different charges from 2 different companies. Alder & Kami. The quality is not worth the charge.

carmen Diaz Syracuse, NY

love them they are fast with checking if u need help and they are nice as well

Peter hondru Lake Worth, FL

Disappointed with the performance of the unit being able to continually monitor the door sensors from a very reasonable distance. The sensors keep disconnecting from the master station. Even after repeatedly replacing batteries in the sensors. We have been unable to reach a human being for help.

Duran Parkin Stone Mountain, GA

I ask them numerous of times to get back to me to fix my panel and the cameras and no one has yet to call me. But they call daily for payment though.

Brittany Mack Columbus, OH

They had me sign a five year contract without telling me it was a five year contract.

Matt Queen Creek, AZ

Not user friendly at all. No way to manage via computer. App hard to navigate.

Roberts Wichita Falls, TX

would like 24/7 service and that the camera has limited space

Demarcus Memphis, TN

Well to be honest my back door sensor went out 3 months ago. I talk with customer service bout this was the second time it went out no response. My alarm was triggered because door was not fully closed the response team called and ask if it was a false alarm and I said yes but still had the local mpd come out and I was charged.

Dee FItzgerald Pittsburgh, PA

horrible communication, third party issues, Not helpful at all

Linda Rojas Fort Meade, FL

Marvelous no issues with connection or surveillance.