Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry-leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option and ships the alarm systems directly to the customer's home.

The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder home security starts at $34.99 per month and requires a three-year contract.

Read Alder home security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the security provider.

The Good

• Alder Home Security Cost
  • Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required
  • Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder Home Security Cost

Alder home security systems start at $34.99 for monthly monitoring with no upfront fees and a three-year contract. Over the course of the 36-month contract, you'll pay close to $1,300.

Alder has a price-lock guarantee, so you can have peace of mind that your plan cost will not increase over time. Alder's home security costs are on the lower end of security pricing, as many companies charge upwards of $40–$50 per month with extra installation and equipment fees.

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location.

Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owners are in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick.

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensors
  • Smart door lock
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products.

The Bad

• Alder Home Security Reviews
  • Home Automation Limitations
  • Limited Pricing Information Online
  • Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder Home Security Reviews

Although not overwhelmingly negative, Alder home security reviews include a large number of low-star ratings, making its overall star-rating subpar. The majority of dissatisfied consumer reviews highlight a difficult cancellation process, cancellation fees, and deceiving contract lengths.

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the option for garage door access or small appliance control devices.

Existing home automation features include smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts. However, this likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website.

Limited Pricing Information Online

Alder does not list its pricing information on its website. This makes it difficult for customers to quickly compare Alder's pricing to other home security providers. The website encourages you to call an Alder representative to get a personalized quote.

Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder home security only offers cellular monitoring, neglecting wireless/broadband and landline monitoring. This may be limiting to homeowners who prefer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options over cellular.

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. Alder's response time of three seconds also puts the company above the competition. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices.

Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price-lock guarantee. Alder doesn't offer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options. Instead, the security company only offers cellular monitoring, which is somewhat rare in the home security industry and may limit homeowners' options.

Customers should be aware that they must sign a three-year contract with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services, and customer reviews highlight a difficult and costly cancellation process. Alder's website does not list specific pricing on its website, so you'll need to contact the company for cost information. You can request a quote from the company by clicking any of the links to Alder in this review.

We suggest reading Alder home security reviews below before making your final purchasing decision.

Call our recommended rep over at Alder below.

2.7

Chet Jackson

May 29th, 2020 Memphis, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The absolute worst! I am reporting them to the BBB. Did not forward return packaging label and had the nerve to bill me for something I didn't use and upon speaking with several customer services representatives about cancelling my service and returning the equipment EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS LIED!!!! I a returning the equipment to the address on the label they sent the equipment in!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY!!!!

Pgm Shoney

May 21st, 2020 Vacherie, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a gut feeling from the start when the guy approached my front door. After reading the reviews this kinda scares me for that fact that no one actually had an legitimate answer to getting out of their contract. Never again

DA Jefferies

May 19th, 2020 Chattanooga, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT SIGN UP!! Need negative stars. If you sneeze, wall monitor shows ‘glass triggered’. Recently had smoke/monoxide alarms blaring. Nothing alerted fire department or myself. After 10m of waiting on phone to speak with a person I had to let them call me back. CALL WAS RETURNED 4 HOURS LATER. Firemen couldn’t even shut blaring klaxtons down on wall monitor. NO heat/or monoxide signatures detected by the fire department. The ONLY way all smoke/monoxide alarms shut down-TOOK EVERY ONE DOWN BY DISCONNECTING! Can you imagine a true fire event? Representative mislead information all the way through purchase. Arlo cameras were refurbished equipment. MY BIGGEST REGRET EVER!! DON’T SIGN UP WITH THESE FOLKS

Tonya Thornton

May 13th, 2020 Columbus, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst company ever! It has been a year and they are still have not sent me what i needed to make my system work. I will never work with them again. Their customer service is horrible and they do not work with you to let you out of your contract. I wish I could give them a negative rating!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER use them!

Jcts

April 3rd, 2020 Florence, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Liars, they don’t get you what they promise. They tell you that you’re in a 3 year contract but it turns to 5 when you decide you want to cancel. They do not care about their customers and their salesman are LIARS!

Barbara Potter

March 27th, 2020 Paris, 75 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had ADT when this company came to my house. They pretended they were with my company to get me to sign up. But the most infuriating part is they called me today to trash talk the company I just switched to and accused them of being shady. Absolutely unbelievable. So glad to be away from Alder.

B Schwartz

March 26th, 2020 Boise, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed up with Alder after signing up for WiFi with Sparklight. I thought I was signing up for outside security but towards the end of the phone call I finally realized it was an inside system. I thought it over and decided to cancel at the two weeks end. I called to cancel and talked to a department that said another department would call the next day at 10:00 to confirm cancellation. They did not. I called a month later after talking to my bank. I spoke to three departments before getting someone who could help. They promised to take care of it. Another month later after I was billed again I called and talked to Josh in Loyalty. All of a sudden I had to sign a paper to cancel. They are sending the paper and return label for equipment. If it’s not done in two weeks I’m calling the BBB and the Idaho attorney general.

Karen Fletcher

March 23rd, 2020 Sugar Land, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Alder was in our neighborhood soliciting customers. We bit the bullet because our equipment was old and they promised a lot. Their equipment was new and up to date, but we signed a 31/2 year contract (our fault) and it was not cheap. So when the end was coming up (December 29th, 2019) I wrote an email, (2 months ahead of the end of my contract), as instructed by their loyalty dept, letting them know I did not wish to renew and asked for confirmation that they had received my email. No confirmation came. At the end of the contract I was out of town and I was again charged for another month past my termination date. I called as soon as I could (waited on line for as much as 45 mins twice) and finally spoke to someone asking for termination of my contract and a refund for the extra month charged. I did not receive a refund nor was my service turned off. When that first call did not work, I called again. It seemed they had no record of my email so I sent it directly to the person I was speaking to and again I was charged a second month past my termination. My credit card company has been on to them because I had put a stop at the end of my contract, but they have not been able to recover my money yet. Moral of the story do not use Alder for any thing. Their customer service is terrible, if you can get anyone to talk to in the first place. Very poor service at a high charge. There are lots of well known companies out there with better customer service.

Desiree Olivas

March 10th, 2020 Santa Ana, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company has problems with cancelling accounts. I told them I was moving and gave them my new address. After I moved I did not get any equipment installed. They did not even notice, but continued to charge me for the next two months. Then when I called to cancel, they could not have the grace enough to refund me for services that were never rendered. For a high tech company, nothing I experienced was I high tech regarding tracking customers and services.

Serfoss

March 2nd, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our experience with this company has been awful. My 85 year old father-in-law was with Vivant for aprox 3 years on a 5 year contract. Never had any issues with them. But 2 years ago a representative from Alder came to his door and bold faced lied to him. Told him that Vivant was going out of business and this company (Alder) was taking over the contract. Being a trusting elderly man he believed him (big mistake). Needless to say he agreed to the whole lie. And believed that his 3 years of previous service would be honored. So now at the 5 year mark he had decided it was no longer within his fixed income to have this expense so called the customer service to end his service. And like so many others on here was told he had not fulfilled his contract. He became very frustrated and disconnected the system himself. Called back to customer service and informed them he had disconnected the system. Which I find kind of odd that he wasn’t contacted first as obviously the system wasn’t working? Anyway was once again he was told he would still be obligated to pay 90 percent of the contract. At this point his son stepped in to help. He has requested a copy of the contract 3 times and 3 times has been told they would mail/email the contract. And I’m sure I don’t need to say no contract has been received. Alder has threatened to send it to a collection company. We have contacted our city officials and have learned this company never obtained a license in our town to solicit so I can see some legal issues in the future. Dont trust them.

Linda Begley

March 1st, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT USE ALDER SERVICES RIP OFF This company is a rip off. The ONLY reason I gave it a star at all is because it wouldn't accept my review with no stars... I cancelled my service in Nov. after dealing with having to send in a formal cancellation letter then in Dec. I was billed for service I no longer had I called got no satisfaction . I have since been billed in Jan. Feb. after already speaking with numerous people and them telling me my account was cancelled in Nov. I have been on the phone for 1 hour and more trying to find out where and when my refund will be sent. all I get is they will contact their supervisor and take care of it .. same story I have been told since Nov. I want my money back and I intend to take this further until I get results. I have never dealt with a company like this in my life.. I warn anyone considering a security company DO NOT USE ALDER..

SanJuana Polom

March 1st, 2020 College Station, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT SIGN. I just cancelled my five year contract last October. I submitted a letter of cancellation and called. They said I would not be billed starting in November. I was billed for Nov. & Dec. I called in Dec. They said they would send a check and cancel service. Neither was done. I was billed for Jan. & Feb. I called again and they said the dept. that dealt was this was closed. I called my bank to dispute charges. I called Alder back. They manager for the correct dept. was unavailable to fix the problem. I AM DONE!!! My bank recommends changing my bank account number. THIS IS A NIGHTMARE. Somebody SHUT THEM DOWN!!!

Carol Smith

February 6th, 2020 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could I would give less than a one ! This has been a fraudulent company from the start, the person who set up my account said it was for one year when I told him I would not commit to 3 years and he scratched the 36 months out but when he turned it in it was automatically 36 months. I am attempting to cancel this service but this company makes it so difficult it takes months and you are still being charged. Worst company to work with. I would never recommend this company to anyone!!!

Denise Sodowsky

January 29th, 2020 Amarillo, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

HORRIBLE! I'd join a class action suit! Stay clear of these people no one should be forced to stay 6 years when the sellers said it was a 2 year contract. Very deceiving company and I can't wait to be done with them. Even if you become disabled during the time of the contract, they won't let you cancel but continue to bill you. This company is so deceiving! The worst company ever....even if you become disabled, they will keep billing you or you can pay the entire contract off----an HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!!!! So very stressful when you have enough stress dealing with a new disability. NO, don't sign anything.

Natasha

January 23rd, 2020 Montgomery, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been trying to cancel my service for the last couple of weeks. Every time I called, I was transferred to different representatives trying to make me stay with the company. I ask for a manager they stated that someone will call me back. No One has yet to call me. They also stated that they would send a cancellation letter in the mail. I have not received that neither.

Cassie Pope

January 20th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have never dealt with a company that does business this way. I bought a home with an alarm system in it. The previous owner paid until his contract was up. They would NOT cancel his contract. They would leave him on hold for over an hour. Then they told him he had to sign a paper to terminate and would never mail it to him. When he stopped payment, they started harassing me and sending me notices saying they were going to send me to a third-party collection agency. I have tried calling and they tell me it’s canceled. Then I get another letter. I call them again and they say they will call me back and never will. I am reporting them to the BBB tomorrow, and I can’t wait till they see all these reviews. I am also calling Channel 13 in Houston. Someone needs to put a stop to this.

Justin Hodges

January 8th, 2020 Dickson, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called trying to cancel my service and the kept putting me on hold coming back with a new offer. when i refused they say please hold and come back 10 minutes later with another offer. I refuse again and get put on hold then they hang up the call. Looks like they get you in autopay then make it impossible to cancel it

K Hill

December 31st, 2019 Moody, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We did not have a problem with Alder's monitoring. However when my 60 month contract expired, I canceled my contract both Written and Verbal 24 days before my next payment was scheduled. Two months later I have called 5 times and have been passed around to different "representatives" with no help to stop the transactions and to receive a refund of $88. They do not mind taking your money, but hope you don't need to cancel your contract!

Shafon addison

December 17th, 2019 Gainesville, FL

Hi I just got my service at 5pm on 12/16/19 I’m canceling in the morning n ordering a new credit card before they even take out they ain’t even put up the camera or door bell .All the did was the sensors n I’m taking them down now at 2:30 am they Lied about the contract they say it was none. I check my email and read over the information of the contract it’s a 60 month contract and instead of paying $35.00 a month it’s $67.00 a month I’m good and every review I read it’s the same I don’t want these problem I’ll just wait when I feel i find something better thanks but no thanks.

Rose Dunn

December 16th, 2019 Renton, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My mom recently passed away. I called to cancel the service since we are selling the house, was told I need to continue to pay 90% of the monthly fee still! MY MOM PASSED AWAY.....?????? HORRIBLE COMPANY, MONEY HUNGRY THIEVES. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY...GO WITH ADT, ANY OTHER COMPANY......

C Kirby

December 13th, 2019 Dallas, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst alarm company ever. My wife & I just sent 45 minutes on the phone getting the run around. Our story is just like every other bad review on this website. The customer service rep hung up the phone in my face. Please don’t ever do business with this company. I am going to my lawyer with this issue. PS Alder we have your bogus door to door sales rep on camera lying about the terms of your service.

Felicia

December 12th, 2019 Lubbock, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Was charged for months of not having service. When I emailed cancellation I was promised refund in January of 2019. I called monthly and service personal informed me I would be receiving refund. October 2019 informed me that they could not. Horrible! Horrible! Do not waste time and energy.

Richard Ramsbacher

December 11th, 2019 Strafford, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Only one star because a minus 5 isn’t possible. Poor communication and difficult to work with. Don’t disclose what is need to close an account after the death of my mother. After 5 months they informed me I need to return the equipment or pay 499 dollars as I have no way of getting the equipment guess what. Asked to let me know when they received my mother’s death certificate but nothing finally was able to have someone stay on the line until they received it but still had to pay another monthly bill. The hoops they make you jump through are nuts and once you get that done they add on one more thing. Customer service is not their strong point.

Sara Smith

December 9th, 2019 Riverton, UT

We got a quote but decided not to move forward with the services yet but the salesman was friendly and courteous.

Brittney Profgan

December 4th, 2019 Bowling Green, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We did not realize how dirty of a company we were dealing with when signing on for our home in 2013 and for our business in 2015. We loved our original rep that signed us up 6 years ago and had no reason to question the integrity of the company until now. Not sure if it started off better and has just went down hill or if we were fooled originally, but regardless, this company should and will ultimately have to file bankruptcy when all the law suits eventually shut them down. We are moving and called to get info about having the system transferred and no one could access our account and things were so frustrating with customer service we just decided to cancel and go with a company we could trust to access our important information and monitor our home more securely. Come to find out they renewed our 60 month contract automatically without our consent 2.5 years ago when we relocated and took our system with us (which at the time we were told wouldn't affect our original agreement...it would simply just move with us and remain the same contract) and in order to cancel now we must pay 90%of the remaining balance, when all the while they have been charging us over $100 for both locations since when the new sign on amount is only in the $30 range for 36 months. We were told there is no way to cancel except to send us a letter we must agree to and I am now reading that everyone is promised these letters and they never come. So I will give them the 5-7 days and then filing my suit. My lawyer already said he has multiple people that have approached him about this company so looks like the courts will have a say soon.

Joe Anna

December 3rd, 2019 Bolivar, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT purchase this security system. My mom is 88 years old. Her alarm system has constantly gone off. I (her daughter) have called the system 5 times in the last 72 hours to receive assistance. NO one will assist, nor will they send a technician out . Therefore, my mom told me to cancel the system. She has been with Alder for 5 years plus. When I called to cancel , they put me on hold and played music for 90 minutes. Therefore, my mom told me to call the bank to cancel the bank draft to Alder. On Monday, I am going to call the Tennessee Better Business Bureau and report how this company is scamming an 88 year old customer without providing service. Bolivar, TN Costumer: Joe Anna Daughter: Yvonne

Kathy Emery

November 20th, 2019 Youngstown, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not get Alder they will not work with u under any circumstances I will never have them again!

Nov 20, 2019

Hi Kathy. Thanks for your review. Please reach out to us at so we can find a resolution for your concerns.

C

November 13th, 2019 Blackfoot, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got my system in april 2019 and was told my rep owned the contracts in my area and if we didnt want it he could transfer at any time after deciding that's what we needed to do for financial reasons it's been a month and a half of saying one thing and changing it the next I was told i would receive my cancellation form in the mail never came my rep was supposed to be getting it overnighted to him no news on that. I just wanna be done with it. It isnt something we can afford anymore. I was also promised free months a few times and only received half of those. I also was unaware of the term although I'm told it was pre and post recorded I honestly wouldve never signed a 5 year contract but that's what the paper says

Nov 18, 2019

Thanks for your review. We apologize that you had this type of experience. Please know that we want to resolve your concerns as they relate to your account. Please feel free to reach us at with your Alder account number or phone number, and a resolutions agent can facilitate a solution.

Eric Smith

November 11th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great price for the products and great customer service. Never had any problems.

Nov 11, 2019

Hi Eric. Thanks for your review. We're happy that you feel this way! Thanks for choosing Alder. Let us know if you ever need anything when it comes to your system or account.

Tim

November 7th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had to call numerous times and have asked to speak with a manager. It seams like i continue to get the run around about talking to a manager. This place has poor customer service. I have request to get a copy of my original contract weeks ago and i have not received it. I was also told that i have to pay over Thousand dollars to cancel the service. I am beyond upset with this company. It would be nice for someone to call me.

Nov 08, 2019

Hi Tim. Thanks for your review. Sorry that you have had this experience! If you haven't reached a resolution over the phone yet, you can reach us at and the proper dept can reach back out to you. Thanks again.

TRACY GALLO

November 7th, 2019 Hammond, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wish I could give this company no stars. When I first signed up the rep told me that I could cancel at anytime with no penalties. When I called today to cancel customer service tells me I can't cancel that I have 60 months to be with them. Stay clear of these people no one should be forced to stay 5 years with any company. Very deceiving company and I can't wait to be done with them. This company and the reps are very deceiving and I would love to be added to a class action suit for them. The worst company I have ever worked with.

Oct 07, 2019

Hi Tracy. Thanks for your review. I checked your account and verified the welcome survey video that you did agree to 60 months, but feel free to email me any details you have about what your sales rep promised you: .

Jon Posey

November 7th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great products, easy to install, solid back end service, I recommend Alder to everyone!

Nov 08, 2019

Hi Jon. Glad to hear your feedback! Please let us know if you ever have any questions about your account or system.

Robyn Hill

October 31st, 2019 Arlington, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I cant even give this company a star. I got this service only because the sales man I spoke to lied to me about what he is giving me. I was told the cameras are internet free. And when I called to cancel I could not even talk to a manager about the problem, instead I got threatened that I would have to pay the rest of the contract out

Nov 08, 2019

Hi Robyn. Thanks for your review. Your experience is certainly not the type that we ever want to have happen. If you haven't been able to resolve your concerns over the phone with us yet, please feel free to reach out to us at . Thanks again.

Scott

October 28th, 2019 Tyler, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Promised to upgrade our existing system, which had all windows monitored. However upon installation, the tech "didn't have enough equipment.". Nor did he have the smoke alarms. After 2 weeks of trying to get them to finish the job, we called the 800 number and the wait for customer service was 90 minutes. We promptly cancelled within 30 days.

Oct 28, 2019

Hi Scott. Thanks for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to improve going forward. If you ever have any questions or concerns we should know of, please feel free to contact us at .

Timothy Pearson

October 17th, 2019 Shawnee, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife and I have accidentally set our alarm off a few times, and have never received a call or notification. While on vacation, our neighbor set our alarm off while feeding our dogs. We didn't know until we returned home a week later. I am trying to cancel my service because I am not receiving the service I am paying for. I have called 6 times. Alder refuses to allow me to cancel. Refusing to even allow me to speak to an account manager. I have spoken to Mar, John, and Al. Mar being the absolute worst by far. They want to mail me a letter, and of course hold me responsible for the charges while I wait. Again, I'm not receiving the service I am paying for. But that doesn't even matter, because I live in a "fire at will state" giving me a legal right to cancel my service at any time. I am going to file suit against Alder. If anyone is interested, contact me. I tried to publish my email but it is not allowed. If enough people with valid complaints are interested, maybe we can file class action.

Oct 21, 2019

Hi Timothy. Thanks for writing a review about your experience. Please feel free to contact us at or let me know if you have any other concerns we need to address at .

Lisa

October 17th, 2019 Kilgore, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One of the worst security companies ever. I recommend do not used them. They Do not return calls they are taking money for a system that is not workIng properly and has been reported that it was not working. Mark the manager there is a joke he will not return a call and neither will Brice. We have been trying to call and work with is company for almost a month. This company is in breech of contract and is stealing from us by still processing our credit card. I have now put them under investigation and contacted my attorney. If they knock at your door and try to sell you a system ya better slam it. There not worth your time nor your money. Lesson Learned here. I wish I could give them no stars but I guess they at least want one due to that’s just the way they are. It won’t let you post a review if you don’t again a freakin joke they are. I would not put a Alder system in my dogs dog house!!!! Good luck from Texas!!

Oct 21, 2019

Hi Lisa. Thanks for your review. I'm grateful to hear from you, and I apologize for your experience. Please feel free to reach us at , or reach me directly at if you need anything else.

Gregg

October 17th, 2019 Ponca City, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’d honestly give them no stars if that was possible. This is by far the dirtiest company I have ever tried to do business with. First off they lie about contract length. Then when you sign and see it was 5 years with a renewal clause that kicks in automatically instead of a 3 year. Also when cancelled and they have no problem sending a return label, the 100% will not tell you it only covers 15oz. You can’t even ship the empty box back for that. Not a big deal except it happened 3 times before they finally tell me it was bc the label only covers the 15oz. In the mean time you get phone calls from them which immediately put you on hold generally from 10-24minutes. Or they call, you say hello and they hang up which is basically crank calling and harassing. Last manager I called said it was their dialer that did so at least if they are truly recording that’s in file that they lied. Bc the girl that talked to me before said I was being unprofessional when she said I assure you our company doesn’t do that. Well your manager just said you did. Also they could care less if your system actually works. Camera didn’t work said my internet needed upgraded did that twice still no camera. They tell you they auto draft once a month when they actually do it twice a month. I’ve called and asked to speak to a manager multiple times and am always told they are busy. Ok so what is their job actually then? Crooked company that will be hearing from my lawyer soon, you should be careful not to trust them. They try and make you jump through hoops to end your contract or cancel anything in hopes you will get frustrated and just pay them. Wrong person this time.

Oct 21, 2019

Hi Gregg. Thanks for your review. I appreciate your candor and honesty, and I apologize for this experience you've had. Feel free to contact us at , or reach me at if there are any other questions or concerns we need to follow up on. Thanks again!

Shannon

October 10th, 2019 Birmingham, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zero stars would be more suitable for this lying, deceiving,rude company. Their sales rep lied and said i had 60 days to decide if i wanted to keep their service, 1 month later I decided I didn't want their service and they refused to let me cancel. I complained to a manager who also refused to help me. They told me in order to get out of the contract pay 5 years worth of service or find someone else to take over the contract. They try to MAKE you keep their service against your own will. I can't wait to join the class action lawsuit against them. Please don't waste your time and money

Oct 14, 2019

Hi Shannon. Thanks for your review. Please feel free to contact me at so we can come to a resolution about this. We're happy to help. --Scott

Vasthi Perez

October 4th, 2019 Pasadena, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had to rate 1 because zero or negative was not an option. This company has been awful to work with. They are not responsive and just plain don't care. I have been trying for months to get them to cancel my service since our contract with them has ended. Each time I call they just put me on hold for over 20 minutes and then drop the call. I have emailed, faxed and even confirmed they receive my cancellation notice within the time required. They now have collectors calling us and sending us delinquency notices with threats. They are the worst! Can wait to be rid of them!!!!

Oct 07, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review. We appreciate hearing from you, and we're glad you've told us of this experience, so that we can work for a resolution. Please feel free to contact me at with your Alder account number or phone number. Thanks. --Scott.

Judith

October 1st, 2019 Macon, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company continues to bully me daily. I told the account collector that an account manager was supposed to be sending me documents to cancel my system. He demanded that I unfreeze my bank account and pay up. It would probably take months for Alder to cancel and in the meantime, I owed them. So, I am still being jerked around with this company.

Oct 01, 2019

Thanks for your review. I checked your account, and one of our agents sent you the notice of cancellation for both of your accounts. Please call 844-442-5337 Ext 917 if you do not see them in the next few days.

Bonnie Henderson

October 1st, 2019 Del Rio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst company I have ever delt with. Trying to cancel has been an nightmare. I have been waiting for their cancellation form for over 3 months. I have called 6 times and each time have been on hold for 1 to 3 months, and still have not received it.

Oct 01, 2019

Thanks for your review, Bonnie. Please call us at 844-442-5337 Ext 917 if you don't receive your cancellation form in the next few days.

Marty

September 30th, 2019 Converse, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

No weekend technical service available. Batteries constantly go out on devices. No one knows who to direct you to or knows what they are doing. Questions are not answered contract is so ridiculously long that you are locked in and have to suffer and pay until your time is up. Pricey repairs.

Sep 30, 2019

Hi Marty. Thanks for your review. If you reach out to me at with your Alder account info, I can look into these issues for you and help make sure we go forward on smoother footing.

Bernadine

September 30th, 2019 Decherd, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Service was good....customer service is the worst I've ever experienced for a service that I paid for. I literally had to hang up on the rep because she wouldn't take NO that I did not want to renew my service. Wished I had read the reviews before signing up for your service!!! Hope I dont' have to retain a layer to end this. I did my part and paid for the 5 years I signed up for. Never missed or late on a payment, now do your part and honor my wishes to end this!

Sep 30, 2019

Thanks for your review, Bernadine! Sorry to hear you've had this experience over the phone. I see that we're sending you a notice of cancellation for you to sign and return. We will be able to cancel your account once we receive it back from you. Please call us at 844-442-5337 Ext 917 if you have any questions, or go ahead and email me directly at .

Judith Ewing

September 25th, 2019 Macon, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I, too, have had severe problems with Alder. I purchased two security systems with this company in June 28, 2014, one for my home and one for our business. I moved from my home in May 2015 and still continued to pay for the system. I checked the dates to make sure that the contracts would be completely gone and I have been trying to talk to customer service since June 1 about these ending contracts They tell me that "it is not my decision to end the contracts, but the discretion of Alder's management." They would not allow me to talk with an account manager at all. I have stayed on hold by phone for more than 90 minutes at a time and then they disconnected my calls. I decided to take matters in my own hands and stop payments on the 2 drafts; now the company calls my cell phone and business at least 1-2 times a day, harassing me over non-payment. I have paid Alder Holdings $6,676.80 over the past 5 years just like I agree to, whether I was in those properties or not The contracts are up and to pay them anymore means I agree to another 5 years of nothing. It feels like a jail term, except I am not free from them yet. I have moved from both properties and there is something totally wrong and misguided for a company to continue to demand I be a consenting customer and I am surely not. If I could give them a no-star, I would. I have written to the e-mails stated in other people's review (Scott I) and have had no response. I have written to [email protected] and evidently, they don't care. The original sale was a lie; I asked the young man if I moved, what happens? "We can move it with you or disconnect you if there is a problem having the service." Looks like both lies to me. So, today, I will take more harassing phone calls from this company, more rude and insulting banter, but at least I have quit crying and losing sleep over this. If you need home security, try a more reliable company, because it isn't this one. I hope there is a class action suit against this company and I will be the first to sign it and I have never sued anyone in my life. Am I for real? You bet. I hope this review helps someone else. They are not who they claim to be.

Sep 27, 2019

Hi Judith! I've sent you an email regarding your concerns. Thanks for your patience.

J Elledge

September 25th, 2019 Dallas, TX

I am not a customer. I did not ask to be on any communication list. However ALDER SECURITY has called my cell phone 30 times today. 20 times yesterday. Highly INAPPROPRIATE , UNETHICAL, and constituted HARASSMENT.

Sep 30, 2019

Thanks for reaching out, and for bringing this to our attention. If you have not had this resolved yet, please contact us at .

MONA DABIDEEN

September 24th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I HAVE HAD ALDER FOR 21/2 YEARS THEY TRIED TO SEND ME A CONTRACT FOR 5 YEARS WHICH I CHANGED IMMIDIATELY THEY TRANSFERRED MY E SIG TO A CONTRACT WHICH WAS ILEGAL THEN MY ALARM WENT OFF FOR 2DAYS BEFORE IT WAS TURNEDOFF AFTER THE POLICE CAME SINCE THEY HAVE BILLED ME EVEN I HAD NO SERVICE THEN TREATENED TO TURN ME TO THIRD PARTY UNALBLE TOTALK WITH THEM THEY ARE DISHONEST COMPANY MONADABIDEEN

Sep 30, 2019

Hi Mona. Thanks for leaving a review, and for letting us know your concerns. Please feel free to contact us at if you have any further concerns or questions.

Krystal amie

September 23rd, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If i could give this company no starts i would they told me that i could cancel at anytime with no pintaly when they first came out to our home now they are trying to say i have to pay for the 60 months that i singed up for however i did not sign anything saying that . i have all the document that were given to me and the rep signed my name on all the document and me not knowing until she handed me the envelope as she walked out the door. i even have a phone call with the a month after this service to let them know that i was moving and to let them come get the equipment they told me it would be 30 days before they could have some one to come out and remove it so i told here i would take e it to my new address . im trying to cancel being that my alarm has not been set for about 3 months due to the system begin tamper with so i can set it even if i wanted to . i a lawyer on standby i event contacted the BBB on them because this is a bunch of bull. i refuse to allow them not hold me to an agreement that i never even signed to begin with. i even sent over my hand writing for them to compare with the documented i supposed to have signed. PLEASE DON'T GO WITH THIS COMPANY

Sep 30, 2019

Hi Krystal. Thanks for your review. I apologize you've had this experience, but we're working to resolve this for you. Please let me know if you have any questions by contacting me at . Thanks again!

Brenda

September 20th, 2019 Garden City, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I decided to cancel my service with them when I seen their reviews and “I was right”. I cancelled in August and they said they would mail my refund since I had done all they asked for the refund return signed paperwork and send equipment back . 1 month later no refunded and on top of that they continued to automatically withdraw my payment!! When I called about my 200$ refund the sales representative was very rude, yelled at me told me to wait 3 more weeks if I wanted my money. I said it takes 3/45 business days to receive a check not 3 weeks I had already waited a month he got very ugly and told me if thats all you need then bye hung up. what a disappointment in this company horrible horrible service pls think twice on becoming a costumer

Sep 30, 2019

Hi Brenda. Thanks for your review, and for bringing your experience to our attention. I've looked into your account and made sure we're getting things fully resolved. Please call us at 844-442-5337 Ext 916 if you have any questions about the progress on your refund.

Angry customer

September 9th, 2019 Richmond, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give negative stars on this company I totally would. Sales rep came to our house and my husband clearly stated he didn’t want contracts. The sales rep said he understood and now we are in a 5 YEAR contract! We also were told that we would get the first month free and didn’t receive that. We have been billed every month! Now we are moving and trying to get out of this contract because we will not be in the same home. We called the sales rep and he said it was totally possible but the corporate company says it’s not. We constantly keep getting the run around and no one is solving anything. I feel like we have to eventually get ahold of the news station to bring light to these scammers or an attorney to resolve this issue ourselves. I would not recommend this company to anyone. They are not trustworthy and when you keep calling customer service they act like they don’t want to talk to you or resolve your issue. This company needs to be shut down!

Sep 09, 2019

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your reaching out to us, and we'd like to make sure we help you. Please let us know either your Alder account number or phone number at so that we can take steps towards a resolution. Thanks again!

Scott

September 9th, 2019 Lebanon, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The experience with Alder has been at the very least, extremely time consuming and nightmare-ish. I highly recommend finding another company to secure your property. We have attempted to cancel service on a property that we no longer own, have called in several times to address the issue only to be put on hold for over 90 mins (on more than one occasion) and then told that a supervisor will call us back. We are still in the process of trying to get that handled. A tenant who was renting from us had them put a system in the home ( normally legitimate companies won't service renters because they are transient and many not stay long enough for the company to make a profit ) When the renter left, Alder sold my mother on taking service over and entering into a agreement when all she wanted was service for one month while prepping the home for sale. The home sold at the start of August and well into September it is still being used by the new owners. Very difficult to work with and based on my experience will take advantage of the elderly. I hope this helps.

Sep 09, 2019

Thanks for your review. We've sent an email to you to come to a resolution. We appreciate your patience.