Alder provides a broad line of home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and mobile control. Coupled with industry-leading emergency response times, Alder offers professional installation or a proprietary do-it-yourself installation option and ships the alarm systems directly to the customer's home.

The do-it-yourself setup is simple and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Alder home security starts at $34.99 per month and requires a three-year contract.

Read Alder home security reviews below to see what customers have to say about the security provider.

The Good

• Alder Home Security Cost
  • Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service
  • Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning
  • Amazon Echo Compatibility
  • Medical Alert Monitoring Services
  • Industry Leading Response Time
  • No Credit Required
  • Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder Home Security Cost

Alder home security systems start at $34.99 for monthly monitoring with no upfront fees and a three-year contract. Over the course of the 36-month contract, you'll pay close to $1,300.

Alder has a price-lock guarantee, so you can have peace of mind that your plan cost will not increase over time. Alder's home security costs are on the lower end of security pricing, as many companies charge upwards of $40–$50 per month with extra installation and equipment fees.

Mobile Remote System Access and Cellular Service

Alder Security includes the industry-standard 24/7 professional monitoring along with the added function of mobile remote system access through a web-enabled device. Alder Security also provides video surveillance for your doorbell as well as indoor and outdoor cameras for customers to monitor and record home activity from any remote location.

Camera angles can be adjusted directly from the customer's mobile device for clearer views. Customers can also remote arm the system and lock doors directly from their mobile device and receive real-time text and email notifications when alarms are triggered.

Alder also offers cellular service with no phone line required.

Fire and Carbon Monoxide Warning

Alder Security's fire and carbon monoxide detectors instantly warn customers of environmental threats and trigger a response from local emergency personnel.

Amazon Echo Compatibility

Alder systems are fully compatible with cutting-edge technology such as Amazon Echo. These devices enable customers to use voice commands to control home security features.

Medical Alert Monitoring Services

Alder Security offers portable medical pendants that can be pressed to access emergency help anytime, which is less common among home security companies. This makes the systems especially appealing if the owners are in their senior years and may occasionally need emergency medical assistance.

Industry Leading Response Time

Alder Security has one of the quickest response times in the industry. Some home security companies can take up to 30 seconds to respond to an emergency signal, but Alder can occasionally respond in less than three. That's ten times as quick.

No Credit Required

Unlike some other home security providers, Alder does not require you to have a certain credit score to gain access to its services. You are free to be an Alder customer with or without credit.

Full Equipment and Lifetime Warranty

Alder home security systems have all the bells and whistles you should need for a full-protected home. Equipment includes:

• Control panel
  • Glass break sensors
  • Smart door lock
  • Smart smoke detector
  • Fire alarm

Alder also provides a lifetime warranty for its products.

The Bad

• Alder Home Security Reviews
  • Home Automation Limitations
  • Limited Pricing Information Online
  • Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder Home Security Reviews

Although not overwhelmingly negative, Alder home security reviews include a large number of low-star ratings, making its overall star-rating subpar. The majority of dissatisfied consumer reviews highlight a difficult cancellation process, cancellation fees, and deceiving contract lengths.

Home Automation Limitations

Home automation services with Alder Security are limited when compared to similar industry offerings. Customers do not have the option for garage door access or small appliance control devices.

Existing home automation features include smart locks, security cameras, thermostat control, lighting control, and mobile app alerts. However, this likely costs extra for homeowners, but the amount isn't specified on the company's website.

Limited Pricing Information Online

Alder does not list its pricing information on its website. This makes it difficult for customers to quickly compare Alder's pricing to other home security providers. The website encourages you to call an Alder representative to get a personalized quote.

Cellular Monitoring Only

Alder home security only offers cellular monitoring, neglecting wireless/broadband and landline monitoring. This may be limiting to homeowners who prefer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options over cellular.

The Bottom Line

Alder provides a broad line of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access from a mobile app. Alder's response time of three seconds also puts the company above the competition. The company's wireless cellular systems are compatible with Amazon Echo devices.

Alder's home security system has affordable pricing and provides a price-lock guarantee. Alder doesn't offer wireless/broadband or landline monitoring options. Instead, the security company only offers cellular monitoring, which is somewhat rare in the home security industry and may limit homeowners' options.

Customers should be aware that they must sign a three-year contract with Alder before receiving their alarm monitoring services, and customer reviews highlight a difficult and costly cancellation process. Alder's website does not list specific pricing on its website, so you'll need to contact the company for cost information. You can request a quote from the company by clicking any of the links to Alder in this review.

We suggest reading Alder home security reviews below before making your final purchasing decision.

Call our recommended rep over at Alder below.

2.8

Carol Elliott
April 2nd, 2018 Kennewick, WA

Very professional!! Sales person and technician were very polite and friendly!!

Apr 04, 2018

Thanks for your feedback, Carol! We hope to continue providing you friendly and professional services going forward.

Sharon
April 2nd, 2018 Houston, TX

The people setting up the account and equipment were knowledgeable, professional and courteous. Later when I had a meltdown and set off my alarm the young man went beyond in patience and concern for my problem. We have been pleased with changing our service.

Apr 04, 2018

Sharon, thanks so much for your review. It's good to know that your rep was there for you when you needed him. Welcome to he Alder family!

Suzette
March 29th, 2018 Wildwood, FL DETAILS

Well,the sellsman CAME to my door,which I felt was late evening,but he was,so we'll mannered,THAT I had to take the system,AN HE was very Knowledgeable,AN Convincing.Thank you Alder.

Apr 04, 2018

Hi Suzette. Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear your Alder rep was kind and courteous. We know you will enjoy the safety and peace of mind that an Alder system brings to your home.

Hal
March 28th, 2018 Idaho Falls, ID DETAILS

It you like sale people giving you false statements, customer service promising you one thing then not following through. Canceling the service a still getting charged, then this is a company for you.

Apr 04, 2018

Hi Hal. Thanks for your review and for your feedback. We're sorry that you've had this type of experience with Alder so far. We would like nothing more than to resolve your concerns and honor your decision to set up your alarm system in the first place. Please contact us at [email protected] so we can help!

Andrew Bard
March 26th, 2018 Virginia Beach, VA

Timing was bad the first day but Mike W. was awesome about accomodating our schedule. He explained everything and answered all my questions. Then on install Terrell was great to work with. He went through everything and showed us how to work it with no problems. They were both kind and courteous in our home.

Apr 04, 2018

Andrew, thank you for your review. We're excited to hear your feedback, and to hear that Mike and Terrell did a great job for you. Welcome to the Alder family!

Lenora Speed
March 26th, 2018 Hampton, VA

I was under the impression initially that because I was being chosen as P R tool for my neighbor, that there would be no cost to me. But that soon changed as the conversation went on. I believe that Adler trained their workers to use that initial free line just to get the customer to take the bait. Well it worked but I just wanted you to know I could have rejected the whole deal, if I had wanted to but I'll try it out. Seems like something I can use.

Apr 04, 2018

Thanks for your review, Lenora. We're glad that you've given us a chance to serve you. If you ever need anything or have any concerns you'd like to discuss, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

JOHNNY WATSON
March 26th, 2018 Pine Bluff, AR

HE explained everything in full details. That makes things a lot better instead of half doing things. I appreciate that.

Apr 04, 2018

Johnny, we appreciate your review and feedback! We are glad that your Alder rep was very thorough in discussing the system with you. Let us know if you ever need anything.

Cheryl Howle
March 23rd, 2018 Florence, SC

Wonderful. Andrew and Dean were polite, professional, and patient. Dean made sure I knew how to use our system, and I appreciate that.

Apr 04, 2018

Thanks for your review, Cheryl! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the services provided by your Alder reps. Please let us know if you ever need anything. Thanks for choosing Alder.

Clarence Bourgeois
March 22nd, 2018 Houston, TX

Jack rep was awesome matt tech was awsome to. I feelnthay while i am gone my family be safe

Apr 04, 2018

Clarence, thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback, and we're glad that you will now have a safer home with your Alder system there. Please let us know if you ever need anything!

Juan G
March 19th, 2018 Paris, TX DETAILS

Agent tells wonderfull things on alarm, but then you find you are trapped for 5 years, if you want to cancel you have to pay contract. If you sell your house you still have to continue contract, even if you die... this is insane... 5 years? Buying a car or what? If you want to avoid headaches never try this

Apr 04, 2018

Juan, thanks so much for your review. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with your account number or phone number so that we can resolve any concerns you have. We always provide special cancellations and move options when it comes to events like a death or selling your home.

Margie Hamilton
January 22nd, 2018 Covington, KY DETAILS

Horrible customer service. Hope you don't ever move because you will have big troubles with them if you do. They don't live up to their word.

Apr 04, 2018

Margie, we apologize for what you've experienced in regards to your Alder account. Please reach out to us at [email protected] if there is anything more we can do for you.

Louise Johnson
January 8th, 2018 Warrenton, GA DETAILS

This is the worst security company. The are targeting the elderly in rural areas. This company is getting elderly people to sign up not knowing they are locked into a contract for five years. There customer service is really bad. You will be a minimum of 20 minutes to speak with someone who can not assist you. My 90 yr old mother has been scammed. She can't afford $50 a month on a fixed income, and she can't cancel. Bad company.

Apr 04, 2018

Hi Louise. Thanks for your review! Honest feedback means a lot to us at Alder. We apologize for the experience you and your mother have had so far. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your mother's account number or phone number so that we can clear away your concerns and help your mother feel more comfortable with her system.

La Donna deOsio
December 11th, 2017 Topeka, KS DETAILS

Shady business practices. I stated to the salesman that came to my house that I wasn't interested in getting a new security system pointing out that I'd canceled my previous one to save money. I let myself be talked into a free 3 month trial, with the option to cancel within those 3 months, thinking it would give the young man another sale and cost me nothing. When I called to cancel I was informed that I was locked in for 5 years. I did file a complaint with the BBB but was still unable to get out of the farce of a contract though instead of $60 a month this sham of a company did lower the monthly payment to $25. Now I'm stuck paying close to $1,500 for a system I don't need or want. One star is much to good a rating for Alder.

Apr 04, 2018

LaDonna, thank you for your honest review. We always appreciate hearing our customers' feedback. We apologize for this experience you've had with Alder. Please know you can always reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any issues that still need to be resolved.

Margarita Contreras
October 27th, 2017 Crystal City, TX DETAILS

Two months we started getting alert noises on the control panel- indicating low batteries on windows etc. We are senior citizens did not what /how to turn off annoyings noise. We called Alder and technicians said that they would have to send batteries so that we could replace them. I asked if some tech could come do it cuz im 70 yrs old and w/ a dislocated knee cap could not be climbing. At that time tech said they were flooded w/ work/calls due to hurricane Harvey in Houston. Then we kept getting alert on panel and e-mails that batteries all over the entrnaces and motion detector w/ low batteries. We again called Alder and tech said that obviously something wrong w/ some switch and that a tech was needing to be scheduled to come check. To this date no batteries in mail and no tech has shown up. Yesterday e-mail flooded w/ elerts of low batteries. I called tech put me on hold. I finally hung up after being on hold for 20 min. I called back told tech not to transfer call cuz I did not want to be on hold to just give them message to call me and he said he could not do that. I had e-mailed Alder previously that being that that they have not been complying - they are breaking the contract and that I am thinking of looking into another home security. My home is not being protected.

Apr 04, 2018

Margarita, thanks for your review and for relating your honest concerns. We deeply apologize this has been your experience with Alder so far. Please contact us at [email protected] with your account number or phone number if you still need a resolution to your concerns. We want to make sure we can find the root cause of the issues and address them.

Augie Sanchez
September 11th, 2017 Kissimmee, FL

They never told me about the 5 years contract.

Apr 04, 2018

Thank you for your review, Augie. We always train our sales reps to be honest and up-front. If you feel concerned about your Alder agreement, please reach out to us at [email protected] with your phone or account number. We'd love to resolve any concerns you have.

gladys fields
August 11th, 2017

The salesman said that my price was good for as long as I keep the system, but by the time I agreed to get the system, and signed the contract, it was only good for five years, So does that mean I have to keep them for five-years ?

Apr 04, 2018

Thanks for your review, Gladys. If you have specific questions about your agreement or price, feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your account number or phone number. We'd love to make sure you're satisfied with your Alder system!

Beatrice Smith
June 28th, 2017 Madison Heights, MI

Alder provided me excellent service. No upfront fees. Nothing extra on equipment and installation was same day. Option was given on service contract length. It should move to the top of the list. I also received a medic alert necklace, my choice, included in my $49

Mar 29, 2018

Beatrice, thanks for your review! We're glad that you chose Alder. Feel free to let us know if you ever need anything!