Freedom Debt Relief verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

9.3

Call Now

Freedom Debt Relief, a subsidiary of Freedom Financial Network, has resolved over $4 billion in debt since their founding in 2002. The company has considerable industry experience and high customer satisfaction ratings. With all the major industry accreditations, Freedom Debt Relief is a great option for many consumers. They offer multiple debt services and are available in 34 states. However, they may have potentially higher prices than other companies in the industry.

The Good

• Excellent Services
  • Experience and Accreditations
  • Great Reviews
  • Online Dashboard

Excellent Services

Freedom Debt Relief has several great advantages including:

• Minimum of $7.5k in debt to begin settlement
  • Average cost is 21.5 percent of total debt
  • One representative to work with

Freedom Debt Relief offers a free consultation when a consumer decides to enlist the company's services. One debt consultant will remain with the client throughout the entire settlement process. If consumers are not satisfied with FDR, the company offers a money-back guarantee.

Experience and Accreditations

Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) has over 14 years of experience in the debt settlement industry. With their level of experience, they know that one of the most important things they can offer consumers is industry accreditations. In fact, according to multiple surveys we conducted, people value national accreditations, in their debt company, above all other features. FDR is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA.

Great Reviews

Most Freedom Debt Relief customer reviews are positive. They commend FDR for having good customer service, explaining the settlement process, and keeping them updated on where they are at in the settlement process.

Online Dashboard

One feature that sets FDR apart from the rest is a unique and intuitive online dashboard to track clients' pace throughout the program. This helps people to actually see their progress while settling their debts.

The Bad

• Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)
  • Limited Availability
  • Complaints

Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)

One concern with Freedom Debt Relief is their price. Users are charged an average of 20 percent of their total debt to use FDR. While this number is in line with their competitors, it is only an average. Customers could end up paying more than this to use FDR.

Limited Availability

Freedom Debt Relief offers services in only 34 states. Additionally, the company requires a minimum debt amount of $7.5k.

Complaints

While most of the reviews for FDR are positive, there are still several people who have complaints about Freedom Debt Relief. The three main complaints clients seem to have include the following:

• It takes too long to settle debts
  • FDR charges too much for their services, sometimes costing consumers 25 percent of their total enrolled debt
  • People have trouble navigating and logging into FDR's website

The Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief offers several outstanding features for anyone looking to settle their debts: all major industry accreditations, industry experience, thoughtful debt consultants, and more. However, because their price of 20 percent of debt is an average, clients could end up paying more. We recommend using Freedom Debt Relief if you receive a low enough quote from them, and they are available in your state.

Call our recommended rep over at Freedom Debt Relief below.

Julie C.

December 8th, 2017 Abingdon, MD DETAILS

This company frees you from worry and stress about your debts. I received a subpoena for an unpaid credit card debt and their lawyers settled it before I even had to go to court. I am able to save over $200 paying my monthly credit card bills.

Mary

December 8th, 2017 Front Royal, VA DETAILS

Theyve been very helpful with me getting out of debt

Christy Lang

December 8th, 2017 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS

Very accommodating and willing to work with client

JC

December 8th, 2017 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

Timely and accurate when accounts needs to be dealt with.

Anna Oleszczuk

December 8th, 2017 Allentown, PA DETAILS

Very easy to work with and they listen to you and give you answers that you can easily understand

Peter

December 8th, 2017 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS

Very accommodating, keeps me informed of what's being resolved

HarleyMan4609

December 8th, 2017 Omaha, NE DETAILS

Very easy to work with. Staff was very attentive to my needs and set up a payment plan I was comfortable with.

Merissa Fularz

December 8th, 2017 North Tonawanda, NY DETAILS

Very easy to work with, very friendly and helpful

Grateful client

December 8th, 2017 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

Very helpful and answered all my questions during a difficult time.

Linda

December 8th, 2017 Statesville, NC DETAILS

Very helpful to clients always advising me what to do next. We were in a very bad situation when we came to Freedom and I was Leary if doing it but Im so thankful we did. Thank you Freedom Debt

H Duane Steward

December 8th, 2017 Shelbyville, KY DETAILS

Very helpful and great communication. Very prompt at getting back to me with answers that I have.

Brian

December 8th, 2017 Cortland, OH DETAILS

Very pleased so far, exceeded expectations so far will see what happens down the road.

Jason

December 8th, 2017 New Albany, MS DETAILS

Very helpfuland professional u call and u talk to a professionl real person and they give u the answers u need

Ginnene

December 8th, 2017 Eastlake, OH DETAILS

Very Professional - sympathetic - empathetic- very good program

Jesse.L.W

December 8th, 2017 Commerce City, CO DETAILS

Very polite and understanding.Quick to get the debts resolvefi would never go anywhere else.

Elena V Botting

December 8th, 2017 New York, NY DETAILS

Very Professional team with excellent highly educated personal, who is also very parient and have chance to explain all details in understandable manner.

Cat Parker

December 8th, 2017 Chattanooga, TN DETAILS

Very timely settling with creditors & excellent communication with me when settlement is reached

December 8th, 2017 Fairfield, AL DETAILS

Very reliable ....KEEPS ME INFORMED ON MY CREDIT SOLUTION N THERE NEXT MOVE TOWARD RESOLVING THA NEXT CREDITOR....THANK U FREEDOM DEBT RELIEF CAROLYN GIBSON

Amazing service and great people

December 8th, 2017 Staten Island, NY DETAILS

Well trained and very personal staff any time I am on the phone with them also they are really helping me with my situation and seem to care

James

December 8th, 2017 Marshalltown, IA DETAILS

very upfront about the process but sometimes hard to get ahold of your customer representative. he missed returning calls.

Matt

December 8th, 2017 Newbury Park, CA DETAILS

With their program I don't have to deal with the additional stress of working with the lenders. They take care of it. When I have questions, I can ask. Plus, they have lots of information on how to respond and deal with creditors and collections.

liz

December 8th, 2017 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Your company is a lifesaver!! Before and after I accrued a bit of debt when my partner passed away. They understood and helped right away!!

Dennis Flores

December 8th, 2017 Houston, TX DETAILS

At first I was hesitant about getting it, but after doing my research and talking with their counselors it all seemed like a good fit. I wanted to avoid worrying about making payments for my debt and to ease the pain of that as well. Every time I call them they are available and willing to assist me with any circumstances. They have also been doing a good job of updating me on things.

Belinda Johnson

December 8th, 2017 Livingston, TX DETAILS

They have done a very good job so far. Everything has been pretty good.

Elizabeth Patterson

December 8th, 2017 Conroe, TX DETAILS

I was a little nervous and anxious since I wasn't really sure how it was all going to work, but they have answered all my questions. They have explained in very much detail how everything was going to happen. It has all been really easy. They always contact me via email to let me know how things are going and everything. I'm real comfortable with them, especially since they're handling my account very well. When they get a settlement they will text me or email me to let me know so that I can look at it in the portal. They are very knowledgeable and good at what they're doing. I'm glad I made the decision to go with them because I'll be out of my debt sooner than what I probably could've done on my own.

Dianna Rountree

December 8th, 2017 Lumberton, TX DETAILS

When we were researching it we knew that they could help us pay off our debt a lot earlier than what we could on our own. It was very scary at first, especially since we had to link all our accounts to them, but things have turned out very well. Every time I've called them they have answered every question I had. I never got a recorded message or anything, it was always a live person. They sent me emails and phone calls to update me on the progress. I feel wonderful about going with them, most of our debts are paid off.

Melba A Trahan

December 8th, 2017 Orange, TX DETAILS

They always know what they are talking about when I call them. I'm always updated on things through emails or text messages. I'm feel alright about the service.

Christine I George

December 8th, 2017 Manvel, TX DETAILS

They explain the program to you and they make sure that it is something that fit with my situation so that I would benefit from it. They stayed in contact with me very closely to make sure that I was succeeding at the program. The customer service people were good. If someone couldn't understand what I needed or if they couldn't answer my question, they would always find someone that could. As for the updates they used whatever I asked them to use, which was text messages and emails. I also told them they could call me, but I specified which phones they could use. I thought it was god sent. It was the best decision I could've made at the time.

Evaristo Villela Jr.

December 8th, 2017 Cibolo, TX DETAILS

I was in debt and I had researched different companies that offered debt relief. Since they seemed to fit us best, I went with them. They are always very friendly and professional. When I call they are always ready to answer my questions and concerns. They update me on the progress of things through phone calls and emails, and so far they're making progress paying my debt off. I'm glad I did it, I can't wait to graduate.

Debbie Richie

December 8th, 2017 Marquez, TX DETAILS

I needed some help and they just had really good information when I talked to them. The usually updated me through email, and they were dependable. I was happy with them.

Armando Briseno

December 8th, 2017 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

They have been able to get me out of debt and I feel good with them. At first they came out and explained everything that had to be done, what was going to happen, etc. They are always there to help me when I needed them and they answered any questions I had. They would email me or call me to let me know how my account was doing. I felt very good and it was a relief, I really appreciated their help in getting me out of debt. I only wish I had done it earlier.

Clarence E Jr Collins

December 8th, 2017 New Braunfels, TX DETAILS

I saw the Ad and just decided to go with them. They do everything they can to help you, though every now and then you might get someone who's not that great, but most of the time it's good. They have kept me up to date with things, but I'm having difficulty getting in touch with my specific negotiator. He doesn't answer my emails or call me back. I'm glad I did it though, I want to get things done and get over it.

Lawrence B Bohns

December 8th, 2017 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

They are very friendly and seem like they want to help you. I was never rushed when I called them on the phone either, they were just very helpful and knowledgeable. They keep you well updated too. I just enjoyed working with them. I'm glad I did it, they are definitely very trustworthy.

Fernando Olvera

December 8th, 2017 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

They are professional and know what they are doing. I always get a person that knows what I need and their advisers keep in touch with me through emails. They deal with the issues with the creditors. They're great folks and it helps.

Juan Martinez

December 8th, 2017 Edinburg, TX DETAILS

I wasn't making any headway on paying my bills. I mean I was paying things, but I was just paying off the interest rather than the principal debt. It was like my wheels were spinning but I wasn't going anywhere. They've been easy to work with. They have accommodated everything I've asked for. If I needed to increase or decrease the payments they would do it. No matter what I asked, they always worked with me and always responded very quickly and took care of my needs right away. Of course, that was as long as I called during their regular business hours. They also updated me through emails, though I could get any information I needed from the client dashboard. They have taken a weight off my shoulders completely.

Juan Alfredo Pelayo

December 8th, 2017 Aransas Pass, TX DETAILS

They are a good way to pay credit cards. The people there can understand exactly what you're talking about. Every week I'd also get a report with what they're doing and how the process is going, usually through texts. They are good, understanding people.

December 8th, 2017 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

I needed to get it because of debt. Enrolling is very easy and straightforward. Their customer service people help me all the way through the entire process. I get text messages and emails updating me on the progress they've made and I can also look at it through the account that was set in their website. They've made a lot of progress in my situation and it has made me feel at ease.

Deborah Cavazos

December 8th, 2017 Mission, TX DETAILS

When we researched it, they seemed like the top company to go with and I thought I'd give it a try. Whenever I have a question they answer them and even if they can't answer right then they always get back to me. They've also done a good job of keeping me updated. I feel very good about getting them.

Javier Juarez

December 8th, 2017 La Feria, TX DETAILS

They seemed like a formidable company and they have been easy to work with. Everything they said went as they said it would. They were very professional and actually settled some of my accounts a lot sooner than expected. They updated me on things through email and text. My experience was positive.

Irma Trevino

December 8th, 2017 Austin, TX DETAILS

I found it on the internet and since it had a lot of good reviews I decided to call and speak to someone. They explained everything in simple terms and answered my questions. They told me to think about it before actually going through with them to make sure I was ok. No one has ever done that before, you know, telling you you should take your time and think about things. I was very impressed by that. They have always been willing to discuss what's going on with my accounts and summarize what happens. I get updates from them in emails and have received a couple of texts as well. They have been very friendly and always answer my questions. I think I made a good choice.